Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't agreed that your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up his dj E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 3: Mo Days New Year c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfuck mother? Would it good?
Speaker 4: Bess?
Speaker 3: Boy in O R E. One up his dj E f N mil timate Crazy World podcast. Make something nice, drink champs. Baby.
Speaker 4: We are so happy to have this woman from.
Speaker 3: Across the pond.
Speaker 2: She's here now you're kidding me, Bro, I gotta do it.
Speaker 3: I gotta do it, bro. Oh, here we go.
Speaker 4: I gotta do.
Speaker 5: It so across the pond. This woman is a legend amongst legends.
Speaker 3: Hits, a pond hits.
Speaker 5: We can't talk about her without calling her an icon, a legend, a person that we have to lay out the flowers when she walks in the room. In case you don't understand or no, what the hell fucking talking about?
Speaker 3: We're talking about you.
Speaker 5: You bro, Yeah, I feel like I'm from the UK? Okay, is that messed up? Because because I know accent.
Speaker 3: Everyone does, everyone does. That's okay.
Speaker 6: No, we we sound Southern when we try to do American accents.
Speaker 3: So it's it's very strange. It's okay, we'd take and there's different accents over there too, like.
Speaker 1: It was here.
Speaker 7: So there's six and one half a dozen.
Speaker 4: So if I say, bro, I'm sucking.
Speaker 5: Up now, okay, what are you going to say? Normal, I'm gonna I'm gonna have a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, but Jamie, are you gonna drink drinking?
Speaker 3: Are you drinking? Kicky?
Speaker 6: Said Davis, and a cup of ginger? I should have missed.
Speaker 5: She flows on us that.
Speaker 3: That's that's Beyonce. You know, I'm a brown looker girl, and really I am.
Speaker 5: I am so so so hennessy is your Starnes?
Speaker 6: I know, I say one of my whiskey, whiskey scotch. That's my deal, okay, all right, so what kind of whiskey?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: So it's stages to it. So it's McAllen, it's calin. That's that's that's ill. Okay, Yeah, that's my stage one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I know my drink.
Speaker 6: I'm drinking, you know, and then there's oh bonn if I'm being fancy and outside low key, and then you know, I stick around those two. So Davis is a new addition to the scenario. I like the taste of it. It hits where it hits in. You know, it feels good, is.
Speaker 5: Fantastic, it's great. Okay, let's get straight to it. Yeah, you had Kanye on your you go, let's talk.
Speaker 3: Just get straight to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey man, we had Kanye on hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah your friends? Did you say my friend? No?
Speaker 5: I like that, but yeah, is that controversy having somebody that's controversies on your record?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is that?
Speaker 6: No, Because at the end of the day, it's my record and it was always my record, and I performed it. It's my record, and you know, I feel like the point of the record was joy. The point of the record was happiness. Point of record was legacy, Like I prayed for it to be this kind of record. So I can't focus on what doesn't feel like that anymore, just because i't feel like that anymore. I have to move with what the record is, and to me, people's kids, kids, kids like I have grandparents like I was when your song came out, and my grandkids like, oh man, I come and I'm just like, that's.
Speaker 3: What we did it for.
Speaker 6: So, you know, I feel like when God moves, you can't really you can't get caught up in whatever doesn't fit the.
Speaker 3: Mold in a moment. It's my point.
Speaker 7: So I don't really focus on that.
Speaker 3: I don't worry about that. And I've been singing it myself.
Speaker 6: And promoting it for seventeen o the years since it's been out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's my joint, my song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, that was the purpose.
Speaker 6: That's true, because look, we're all humans, and I like people will be on their journey. That's the other thing I say. People are on their journey on mine before I came here. He was on his before we got together, and do that record. He's on his now and I'm still on mine and I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm not the judge, no anything off a gig. We had him last week and I didn't realize that America is just as mean to you guys as that that we are like to us.
Speaker 4: Because I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize, like when I tried to enter the UK, like.
Speaker 4: How mean they were to me? But then they are mean to y'all like that the same way.
Speaker 3: What do you mean mean like when you travel back and forth?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think any boarder, thank you. I think any boarder anywhere any place. And I hate to generalize this because you're talking about the UK, but like their job is to be mean at the borders.
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 7: Like their job is.
Speaker 3: The screen people screen people like I go to that's a whole other.
Speaker 6: People wore me and then I was like, oh no, okay, well I'm here to do this, thank you.
Speaker 5: I wish I knew Drake back then, you know what I watched like back then, I'm not sure he would have let us us through the door. Anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's kind of their job. But you know, you have to also be calm, and we travel a lot, right, so I have Like I said, between me and my team, we figured out I have a master's degree, and just being like I'm here for this, I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna be laid down, but also.
Speaker 7: I'm here to do my job.
Speaker 3: You have a master's degree.
Speaker 6: Like a master's degree and being calm.
Speaker 3: Did we have a master's degree in Russia?
Speaker 2: At one point and being calm, we went through some ship in Russia.
Speaker 3: They treated was pretty crazy. I do it.
Speaker 7: I was thinking about that.
Speaker 6: It was in Russia with my team and we saw like maybe we counted the amount of black people we saw that.
Speaker 3: That's what he said. That was he even said, because you said.
Speaker 6: Nothing and you just be so happy, like hi, hi, like when you see him.
Speaker 3: You said, you saw Oh no, what happened?
Speaker 5: No, it was crazy because when we landed in Russia, we have we said the story often and we had a guy that said his his tad said Russia is against ra racism.
Speaker 2: That was the people that brought us out there to do a show. Like this place we're fu.
Speaker 4: So if you have to say that, you understand it's the thing.
Speaker 5: So what's one of the craziest places you performed that?
Speaker 3: Oh God, you didn't know.
Speaker 7: Lebanon?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah it was Lebanon, right, No, yeah, yeah, that's the capital. So because so this is the part where you realize we don't get as much information and news via general news sources as we should, or we're not paying attention because I go we went to perform. Half my team were like, nah, different excuses not to come. So I ended up going with like my DJ and like a couple of dancers and we go out and I'm like, this isn't that bad. It's okay. The hotel they put us and was beautiful, and then we walk out onto the patio and it's like the bullet bullet brittle building.
Speaker 7: No, but it was.
Speaker 6: It was just like it was really it was still the remnants of like the ongoing war out here that that isn't stopping, that isn't showing anything.
Speaker 7: What was ten twelve years.
Speaker 3: Ago, it was still going on.
Speaker 6: So to me it was just like, oh, we really are outside in the world. But it was that, and it was that, And then we ended up performing. The venue was beautiful. I didn't know what to expect. Too crazy, Yeah, the people are amazing, And we end up performing at the top of this venue that was like the most incredible skyline you can see, and I was standing on the bar. It was just glorious, like standing on standing on chairs like.
Speaker 7: It was wine felt like here.
Speaker 6: Or London, but we're in Beirut a top of the building and the building next door has definitely.
Speaker 3: Got all through it. It's crazy. It was just like.
Speaker 5: I got to take a shot for you than you.
Speaker 3: Are we doing? Are we doing the flowers? Yes, let's give it. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Our show was about giving people they flowers where they can smell them, doors where they could tell them you, drinks where they could drink them, and they thinks where they.
Speaker 3: Could think them.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna give you your flowers.
Speaker 3: This is very cool.
Speaker 5: Snoop Dog says better than a Grammy.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 6: And I'm honest, this is a big deal for me right now, like people don't think I do like I'll be outside a little like you know.
Speaker 7: So this is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Oh gosh, you's put it right here. I do.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's just in case, okay, just.
Speaker 3: In case he hit up. Thank you. That's so perfect. Thank you.
Speaker 5: So I would like you to describe the UK scene right because I'm so sorry I have to ask this. Yeah, I'm looking on the UK recent comments.
Speaker 6: Is it safe, it's safe, it's not, it's not, it's it's I say this same is different currency. I could same ship, different currency wherever you go. It is your drama. If you don't start, nothing won't be nothing if you act like you know you're from where you're from, you know what.
Speaker 3: The rules are. Everywhere is everywhere? You know what the rules? Oh my god, get whole reference.
Speaker 6: We're talking about like safe aerrias to like the eighteen hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to fight.
Speaker 5: You like I'm like damn because you know, London always showed me love.
Speaker 4: I play the Best hood O t with Tim Westwood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I said that back in the day.
Speaker 5: Holy mortal. Now I'm scared because they they chop off the man.
Speaker 6: Man, You're fine, You're they love chomping off your hand.
Speaker 4: You find my good What's what's Nando's?
Speaker 7: You're good at Nando's. This This is why.
Speaker 6: So there's like a run of places as people think I'm the restaurant master.
Speaker 7: Low key, I am to my friends.
Speaker 4: But okay, the restaurants we're good at, well.
Speaker 3: There's a few of them. There's a lot of but there's a lot in there.
Speaker 6: It's all specific, right, But my whole thing is like go to Nando's if you're in London. That's the that's a safe bet. That's your version of Church's Chicken. That's your version of like whatever food. What's the one someone out here I forget the name, but not prop Oh no, Miami, Miami finger like finger. It's like think, you know you're gonna get good food.
Speaker 4: You're good to.
Speaker 6: That's so we're just going. Yeah, that's my that's my thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, And what are you drinking?
Speaker 7: I'm drinking again?
Speaker 3: What are you drink? I'm drinking to day.
Speaker 6: It's ginger L. I should have been doing ginger L. But I need I need, no, no, I.
Speaker 3: Should. I feel like that's how I should drink it.
Speaker 2: But can I do any sta?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm trying to be tame.
Speaker 3: It's the middle of the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's let's let's let's let's go over there, right.
Speaker 3: Oh lord?
Speaker 4: Be a favorite place to perform it?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right in the US, And I feel like I performed everywhere. Yeah but maybe Arizona maybe maybe no, no, no, no, everywhere but Arizona, thank you.
Speaker 3: I have performed everywhere.
Speaker 6: By Arizona maybe finished, but my favorite place.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a it's a cross between New York and Oakland. Yeah. Wow, that's that is?
Speaker 5: That is to one of the number two marketskan Yeah, of course, between Philly though Philly, Uh Oakland.
Speaker 6: The Berea the same day. They know music like London. It's different, it's it's different. I'll be out there like a lot and I could be reggae. I could do I don't stay in any genre. I could do whatever I want. It's a whole.
Speaker 7: It's open for me.
Speaker 3: Because we're talking before and she moved to l A.
Speaker 4: You moved to l A.
Speaker 7: I moved to l A. I said same in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Want to see l A.
Speaker 7: I'm in l A.
Speaker 3: What's the bricks? Then? Move or the brick? Like?
Speaker 4: I feel like you know what niggas were.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Why did they go? Solo went? So? I don't want to be in a group anymore.
Speaker 5: Yo, there's no way yet drink There's no way.
Speaker 3: This this is it? This is good. That's hilarious. Gave her the flowers? Is it?
Speaker 4: Quicktimes?
Speaker 3: Quick time? That's kind of dropping up the can of work?
Speaker 2: I almost expected to be Have you watched have you ever seen them? Okays?
Speaker 3: The rules? So scared?
Speaker 4: I got that same shirt.
Speaker 2: Hass all right, So just to explain the rules, which we never explained, right, but you kind of already know them, and we're going to give you two choices. If you pick one, we're not drinking. If you say both or neither you don't want to answer, then we all take a.
Speaker 3: Shot, all of us just beginning to beginning.
Speaker 2: And really what we want you to do with these choices is give us stories.
Speaker 3: This is not really just anybody just give us some story. Oh no, this is this is I mean, it's up to you, but this is fine. Whatever you're comfortable is good.
Speaker 2: All right, you ready, Kanye or will I Am producer, It's whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever you're in your mind, your face. I love fake.
Speaker 7: Will I Am. He doesn't get enough props.
Speaker 6: He's brilliant, he's an incredible producer, and he lives in the future for real, for.
Speaker 3: Real.
Speaker 5: He's definitely he's a he's a black. Yeah, he is a Black Mexican.
Speaker 3: He's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Amy White House for Whitney, Oh man, come on now, barriers, Yeah I.
Speaker 8: Got I did yeah real quick.
Speaker 3: My friend, my friend was doing pr for her and.
Speaker 7: It was backstage somewhere and it was just like this tight you know, it was.
Speaker 6: Like hey baby, and it just kept it like she's genuinely yeah, she's a genuine human.
Speaker 7: Like the love you saw on the videos. And whatnot.
Speaker 6: Like I don't think that any of it was shaky. I think it was actulutely real, you know. And the more we get to know about her from her friends and from her people, the more you're just like, yeah, I would have loved to have been like in the mix in the nineties and the eighties when she was here, because like she hadn't given you so much information, so like.
Speaker 7: So cool about it.
Speaker 6: I don't know so Whitney's memory.
Speaker 3: What about Amy Winehouse?
Speaker 6: I love Amy too, Like I loved her too. Yeah, we both kind of start. She her records came out before my first album came out, but we were all on the same open mic scene, and like we would see each other as things were moving around, and you know, we had genuine love for each other, like you are you okay looking at you know, in the eyes. So I was annoyed. I will say that when I would see her performing like not herself or you know, I would be like, somebody, come, what do you.
Speaker 7: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And so that that would annoy me. But you know, things happen, Everything is perfect, everything in order.
Speaker 4: That's the first time I kind of like I saw nas.
Speaker 8: Like, h.
Speaker 5: I take up for artists like I don't. I don't know if ye I seen that, Like nah, it's like really like took up for I believe we were all virgos. I believe a virgo. I believe she's a virgo, and I believe na virgo.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we didn't nobody even ask you you're a virgo born in June.
Speaker 3: You gotta wow. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: One for Amy the.
Speaker 3: Rick Ross or French Montana.
Speaker 6: Brick Cross, I did a record with him. He was very sweet to me on set. He might save my life a little bit from falling for the ledge I had on heels and sign and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, don't worry, you got it. And I was like, okay, so we sound crazy when I do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, he was like, we did break my heart and we were on the ledge of a pool. Chris Robinson directed the video was yeah, I love him and I was in my Charlotte Lympias with this high ridiculous but you know fashion. So I was like sliding and sliding and I was like trying to do the dogs I want and I could be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my bust, I'm a diable die. I'm a full backwards. He was like, don't worry, you got it. It's okay.
Speaker 1: Just like that, like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, home team right here, NAS or LL, she's.
Speaker 5: Always that's the light Skin Academy, the light Skin Academy Academy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm brown skin. I can't be involved.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: I feel like NAS is in your range, my brother, Okay, Oh yeah, yeah, this is tough. Oh this is tough because I kind of like, so the parameter for me is like when you get to the either oars or you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that person kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Like just in ages, right, that's such a it's just such a great way to break. I'm still he said, But I'm no, I think.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna say both I love LL and what he still fall. But I also like I'm I'm a NAS fan, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: I was out there like pe me in like they won't right.
Speaker 6: It was like I was in it, like you know, the feast thing. I was in it from the first album, like.
Speaker 3: Like all the way he's a diehard, Like I.
Speaker 6: Was like I have I had the albums on CD, like you know, like it was so I'm I'm a fan of lyricism.
Speaker 3: Is the point here?
Speaker 6: And to me, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know what you deserved. Okay, let's say he said, m h it's mamajuana. That's special to ma majuanna. What does that do? There's a lot of things.
Speaker 6: I'm too young to be too young? Okay, okay, okay, say let's not entertaining. Okay, that game a bottle.
Speaker 3: That's the first verson take a bottle brand? What does it do? You hear what he said?
Speaker 7: Okay, you got you say.
Speaker 3: If you want to. She's asking if you want to try this?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, somebody said my feet it's fine.
Speaker 3: That's not true. He makes the story. I definitely make this story. Every island actually makes a form of this. Okay. It's like the stuff that they put the roots in the road. Okay, usually promised ferments. Keep the feet in your mind, you know what? But he made up the story. And the guy that makes it, why does he keep saying.
Speaker 6: That when people are listening, I might need a ball, like I might need a ball take home.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't do it in your mind?
Speaker 7: He said, don't do it?
Speaker 3: Nobody. Are you gonna drink feet juice right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been drinking feet juice.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, Fance Rihanna, Oh.
Speaker 4: Man, we're definitely drinking.
Speaker 6: Yeah we are, because like, no, I'm a.
Speaker 3: This is tough. It's very tough for.
Speaker 7: Me Beyonce because.
Speaker 6: Legacy he've been doing this since he was a whole child, like she was, like she was actually like early teenager.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 7: Long time to be doing this.
Speaker 6: It's like a long time and doing it excellent space every single time, like really every single time, whole albums, and believing in herself. And it's not just what we see, it's the business I look at to when it comes to her, and I think it's I think it's brilliant. I think it's it's encouraging, it's affirming, it's.
Speaker 3: Drinking anyway, picked a drink.
Speaker 6: M I will say these are British hold.
Speaker 3: On business wise.
Speaker 6: I will also say that billion dollar deal that was go ahead. Yeah, she was very clear. I like a clear person. I like a very focused artist, like I came here to do this, I'm doing this, I'm doing this, I'm with it. This makes me so happy. By the way, thank you, No, I'm taking these with me, Okay, just please, thank you. Appreciate that because because you are the queens.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: We need we need.
Speaker 2: You to be good, excellent, Thank you all right, Cardinal or Gigs drink Yeah, both the Dream Chances alumni Cardinals, the homie Gigs became the homie Yeah.
Speaker 6: Clark announced, my brother, I love what Gates has been on since day one, and I think I would like to hit them both on the records together. They do the record together, and my bugget Yeah, I would like to hit them both on the record.
Speaker 3: A shot for that, So we're making that happen. Dream Changs they got to do a record together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think amazing. Got a compilation, he said, spell it. I took my six week good. Yeah, they'd be good. I've known Cardi from since like I was twenty.
Speaker 3: And a long time lyricist.
Speaker 6: Just a vibe like to like and a good beyond the music, A good solid person I've noticed half my life. Yeah, good human like So yeah, he's got a song out too right now?
Speaker 3: So yeah it does yea? Yeah? All right?
Speaker 2: Sam Smith or Harry Styles, Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: A terrible terrist as well? What is that trig again? What you say?
Speaker 7: Maybe I would have try some this is over defeat you. So I'm gonna try to feed you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely question. I'm absolutely avoiding the question.
Speaker 4: Definitely not for feet.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I let me pick up the guy who makes this.
Speaker 3: I'm a wanner king. That's that's a don't want to kick. I told him with it make a commercial. You got some sexy dady stumping into the but you.
Speaker 6: Still have Yeah, I know, I know, waiting for you, trying to dodge the whole scenario.
Speaker 7: This drink is so lovely, you said.
Speaker 6: Sam shouts, how am I gonna? I'm trying to quantify this in my head. I don't have to give an all.
Speaker 3: Can I come back to that one? Sure? Never? Can I come back to it? Okay, what's the question? Sam Smith?
Speaker 4: Harry styles, all right, we'll come back.
Speaker 3: Please, We've never done that the first time ever I drinks. Okay, make us come back to it. Don't forget, please, we don't come back please, alright. S w here escape s w V.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wanted to be able to sing like Coco when I was young, my whole life, and then I realized that's not my range. And but s WV like unreal since I was a kid, and it's wild to me. That like being twelve and or fifteen and listening to their records and like, you know, when you're in your room and you're like and then you meet them later and you're just like, you look.
Speaker 3: The exact same you know in my head.
Speaker 7: And they're exactly who they are. It's wild.
Speaker 6: It's I haven't met them, like met I met all my heroes essentially, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And it's just like, oh, this is this is the thing. S WV.
Speaker 2: I did one of the best. Okay, yn't have to drink. Definitely one s WV and Escape on dream Chance. Yeah, legends Phil Collins or Elton John el John outfit.
Speaker 4: They both Yeah, they both outfits.
Speaker 3: Outfits, outfits. That's it, Old John.
Speaker 6: I mean no, Phil Collins was out here. Now here's what I had. He was out here and Can't Hurry Lovers this giant I seen Kang Gorilla. I don't know why, because as a child you mix things up. And then I realized that Can't Hurry Love wasn't his record. And then Diana Ross apparently wasn't really happy with it, or it wasn't it was the Supremes. She wasn't happy with that whole scenario, because you know, it felt like taking our records and said, I've read in the interview.
Speaker 3: She was like, what else?
Speaker 6: But that kind of took it down a couple of notches from me after I heard that with Phil Collins. But covers of covers, it is what it is, you know. But yeah, Ellen, John outfits they were amazing.
Speaker 4: He's still still be killing them.
Speaker 8: Yeah this day, and he was, and he was like, outside, he performs, he performs, John outside, he's.
Speaker 3: A radio show. You remember that.
Speaker 2: I heard a Phil story with him and Bone Thugs. Yeah, you heard that story. Really did a they had to do a track or somebody to sample him and said, well I got to be in the Yeah, Brandy R.
Speaker 3: Monica, Oh, I just answered this question. I love them both.
Speaker 6: I know what it takes somewhat, what it takes to be who they are in this industry. I love Monica because of her the way she came out.
Speaker 3: I started as a rapper. So to me, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, people want somebody to facefore.
Speaker 3: What that's what people?
Speaker 6: No, No, you want to do that for me? I do, but I'm not gonna do it. But yeah, I wrapped on it. I started my first song in the UK. It was a song called nineteen eighty, my first album, and that's the record that took everything off, that even put me on.
Speaker 7: The radar of anybody.
Speaker 6: And you know, I wrapped along shine and I rap on pretty much every single album. But I just happened to sing too. So people pick what they want and they label you, but I do both. Yeah, I'm on that ship.
Speaker 3: You could have done, Lauren, what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You could have done that had that same kind of career where you were doing both.
Speaker 7: That was the That was the early reference.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I came out after she was out, so it makes sense. But I always give it up to Lauren because again, she walked so I could try to run.
Speaker 3: She did both so I.
Speaker 6: Could even think about saying, oh, you know, I sing a little bit and I rap a little bit, or I can do this fully and I can do that fully, you know, whichever way it goes.
Speaker 7: So I was give up to Lauren.
Speaker 6: We American boys are singing song is what it is, you know, and people take you from the refreshed reference.
Speaker 7: They see I don't have anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: Tom Hardy or Jason Stalem.
Speaker 3: The fine action White Boys. Huh, this is scary.
Speaker 6: M he's in He's in what's the what's the show he's in That's the New Moveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, scary, He's really scary, and that I.
Speaker 6: Don't watch it clips and I'm like, all right, too many people died too disastrously. So but Tom Hardy, Oh yeah, Tom Hardy, big fine, you like him scary?
Speaker 7: Rolling Stones, Oh my god, Rolling Stones.
Speaker 3: He's met Jagger, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 6: I just like that he's like still kicking, like still going for it. Yeah, he's like and then you know, you know what what I find If you keep living enough or people keep living around your music, you start hearing all the folklore, but you start hearing the truth about how.
Speaker 3: Records were produced.
Speaker 6: And there's a couple of beat records that I really love. Yeah, but then there's a couple I'm just like.
Speaker 3: You didn't even know. We've heard a lot of crazy stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So my whole thing is like I like the Rolling Stones. I like the way that they're he's still performing, they're still doing their thing, and I'm good friends with Jay Jagger, but that's separate to just I like their way, their family way, the way that they are as humans.
Speaker 3: But I just like that.
Speaker 7: I just like their energy, his energy.
Speaker 6: He's very much like I'm here when I'm here, and I'm home when i'm old again, that's my mistake. I'll be outside and then I'll identify with that. Yeah, it feels truthful.
Speaker 3: It does what you're saying. Bruno Mars or Chris Brown.
Speaker 6: Man, it's gonna be Chris Brown again. He walked so anybody could fly. I just but also I think Bruno is a once inner generation talent. He practiced, he did his work, and he's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Young. Yeah, it seems like Bruno like a baby.
Speaker 6: It's just different levels of exposure, different ages of exposure, right, But watching Chris still be just freaking amazing performance wise.
Speaker 3: Like young Michael. You could see that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's something else.
Speaker 6: And then Bruno's songwriting with his team, the way he writes and the way he thinks about writing songs, he doesn't reinvent the wheel. Then he does it so well. That's always my thing, like just do it well. I just I don't like, I'm just trying to move up to this moment and I'm just going to ride the wave. And it's just like no, but it's not done well and don't sound good. But Bruno sound good. It sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of both. Give love to other arts. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 6: I feel like, well, I don't lose anything doing that one, but you feel me.
Speaker 7: But two, it's true.
Speaker 3: He's like smoke it. Okay, I'm taking insto the house. I hear this is great. He's a fantastic I've seen. So you picked Chris Brown.
Speaker 6: I picked Chris Brown. But I should say both because but I picked. But I give my reasons.
Speaker 3: There you go. Tyler the Creator or twenty one seven.
Speaker 7: Ah, Tyler, we.
Speaker 3: Did a record together. Separate to that.
Speaker 6: I think he's brilliant. It's like looking at the lineage he does. I haven't seen him this week. He does it look good, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's because Tyler gives a stage too. He gives a vibe involved in what he's doing.
Speaker 6: And I have I'm always just like, man, you are brilliant and fearless.
Speaker 7: Yeah Tyler, oh day.
Speaker 6: I love him and he makes me happy like he was like, he's having fun doing what he's doing as an artist.
Speaker 3: I'm always that I'm hearing his tours. It shows I.
Speaker 6: Went to the one was it call me when you get home with DJ drum all over it and call me if you get lost. And this man had a full size yard in the middle of the stadium.
Speaker 7: What was the stadium?
Speaker 3: Was it so far?
Speaker 7: Was it one of these?
Speaker 6: He had a full size yart going through the stage from one stage to the next stage. And my mind was a little blown, Like I go to I pay tickets and I go to watch artists perform sometimes I love music, but just watching him, yeah, through an audience, like it was just like what, who's so I'm looking at the imaginations, like how did they get this whole boat?
Speaker 3: Did they just they got out of the ground, like what?
Speaker 6: It was just mind blowing and it was just him. So it kind of again affirms some things for me when I think about performances I learned from young artists and artists like him.
Speaker 3: But I'm also just like.
Speaker 6: That's yes, dream as big as you can and do the wildest ship, like this is our world to create.
Speaker 2: I mean, and look and say what you want about Kanye like he's done that. Like his listening sessions, he had exactly in the middle of the thing that it's lineage it was like it's like in.
Speaker 3: The music for real, like the way it's very immersive.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's to me like when I think.
Speaker 6: About why don't get bored on why I just want to do music, it's because of arts like him. It's because of artists like that will think of like a burning house and arts that will be like, you know what, let's do just just think outside the box. And my thing is like, that's where that's why we have to that's why we support them, that's why we have to keep you know, like give them their flowers or them up.
Speaker 7: Nothing is impossible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's actually should be the like your creative.
Speaker 6: Yeah, white literally, Yeah, that's what we do.
Speaker 5: That's the American Boy, the biggest record you ever did in America from America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's other records around the world that people are like, well, I know that's American Boys America, American American Boy, and I've translated that to Polish Boy Bulgaria elevenies. But I changed, No, no, I just changed. I have a brain, I have a braid. I have a braid. No no, no, I have a braid. I used my head. I Like we've performed that song in every on every continent by the northern South Pole. And I'll say this like I've been to Iceland and done it. That's he said, who said North and South Pole?
Speaker 3: You don't with it?
Speaker 7: No, I haven't performed it there.
Speaker 2: That's the only place hasn't performed She performed it every everywhere.
Speaker 4: So Santa Claus, Santa Claus, I feel like you folk with it.
Speaker 6: I feel like you talk with yeah, the kids. The kids love it, so I feel like you fuck with it. But we've performed that song everywhere. And that's my point when I say it's about joy with that record, it's not about.
Speaker 3: America.
Speaker 6: It's like, no, this was just about a fun time and America.
Speaker 3: It was the point of it.
Speaker 6: But it did speak to the America that I was I loved, you know, which is based in hip hop, which is based in black folk, which is based in Latino folk, which is you know, like, that's what I know when I think about America.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's about love and I'm giving those.
Speaker 2: I'm taking it all right, pushing to your t have a Scott Pusher quick with it. Yeah, I'm the error, all right, central see er skeptic.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, this is like a pusher Travis Skepta because errors like again skeptic Ward so you could run.
Speaker 3: You heard that, skeptic Joiner Lucas. This what happened? Now I have not Oh wait, they're beefing because of well skept.
Speaker 2: Is the one that started the UK versus US. Yeah, he's the one who Challengeho did the challenge? Yeah, and then Drake said that when he said.
Speaker 7: It, Oh okay, okay, but it.
Speaker 3: Was Skeptic that did it said something first, I like skeptics wreckers. And there's that one dude that went at Eminem. What's his name? Anybody knows name? The Lucas No, no, the guy who went at Eminem the Grand Artists from the UK. So Skeptic went a Joiner Lucas everybody. I don't sit in beef.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, I don't call this beef. I want to say it's a healthy battle.
Speaker 6: I mean it's like in the in the most like I understand lyricism and compare to completing and stuff. But if it feels frivolous or it feels like not based in like, you can't say that to my face.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Because you know, because I feel like no because I.
Speaker 3: Also so like were it was worse.
Speaker 7: It's worse the worst mean things and the music.
Speaker 6: As artists, we're alchemists, like we really have the power to change people's lives energy, spirits and vibes.
Speaker 3: Don't take that for a joke. Don't make up beef to get popping.
Speaker 6: I'll make it up if you have something to say to somebody, I mean, stay on your son, get to where you all get to. But we've seen how that's ended up with some of our heroes. If you like, if you don't have my number enough find it or if you can't, then we don't have beef.
Speaker 3: That's that's all.
Speaker 6: So when it comes to beef, I understand lyricism, I understand the back and forth, but I'm not gonna I just kind of keep mm.
Speaker 3: Hm where it goes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's weird, it's weird.
Speaker 3: She killed, he broke, and it's a mature way that it should be looked at.
Speaker 6: Yes, everybody's in their journey.
Speaker 3: Top Boy, super Cell, Okay, here's going He's going to be the thing.
Speaker 6: I'll say both because it's beautiful to see at least something.
Speaker 4: London pardon.
Speaker 2: International, so London to the UK and I don't want everyone drinks.
Speaker 3: I want to stop me because I wanted Top are.
Speaker 6: They are good, But I want everyone to stop doing that like weird accent that they got from Top why super Cell whenever they see you can't.
Speaker 3: Help it because we're not watching it.
Speaker 2: You got to get into the accents and really, at least for an American, you got to like start to understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you start to mimic it Top Boy, but it's like it's mimic.
Speaker 4: In London.
Speaker 3: So how do we get here? How? I don't know.
Speaker 6: No, it's beautiful to see them both being represented in.
Speaker 3: T that's my that's my thing on Top.
Speaker 4: All right, you can't.
Speaker 6: Look Finally, No, it's good to see being taken seriously and it's good to like we live a real life out there. It's not just like so people have said stuff like and this is my I've looked allowed to have I'm trying to phrase it right. I've had to stop myself from like getting at people because I'll be like tea and crumpets and I'm just like, you know, if I said something back to you that was that read to like your culture, just to be frivolous, just to be a dick.
Speaker 3: Then I'd be like, you know, you don't like.
Speaker 6: Those apply look and to me, it's just like it's stupid, it's it's nonsense, it's divisive, and it's it's unaccepting of culture that we and we both still from each other's cultures. We really both go back and forth, like it's just lovely to see the representation as somebody who doesn't live there anymore, to see it like, oh, look, look, I know so it's on TV.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 3: I seen them when it was a child and and.
Speaker 6: I get high pitched when I get emotional.
Speaker 3: This is so great to see actors from the UK.
Speaker 6: And you know, like really moving around in the world is beautiful to me, Like, you know, in the same way, it flips back the other way.
Speaker 2: And not just that it feels like it's people who like underrepresented in the UK as.
Speaker 3: Well, exactly.
Speaker 4: But but you're you're oh gorgeous. We love you.
Speaker 5: We want to make sure that you continue that we are supporting.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Brits, the Brits, the Brits.
Speaker 2: First off, rest in peace of both of these legends, Tupac or Bob Martin.
Speaker 6: Oh goodness, Bob Marley. Shit, I was three looking at bove mally in front of a TV screen, saying I want to do that, and it was him singing a song in the spirit, and it just felt like it moved me so much at a young age, I remember thinking, it's myself, that's what I'm gonna do, and so Bob Marley for that.
Speaker 3: No one were you a Tupac fan? Yeah, I'm still a tubad fan. What do you mean, what's your favorite?
Speaker 7: Oh goodness, he's got too many.
Speaker 6: We were just listening to I Ain't Mad at You and I realized that song is about twelve hours long, but it was so beautiful. It's a long song, but it's so beautiful. And it was just like in that era, I didn't really hear anything that sounded like emotional in the slightest coming out of West Coast and he was repving the West Coast to that point, and I never heard anything like that, and it's just kind of arrested me, like just kind of had me stuck for a while, Like me and my sisters.
Speaker 7: That was our joint.
Speaker 2: And that right when he passed right which is in the video, like he lived in he lived in the future.
Speaker 6: He also was very clear by his mission. Whether he was clear or not, he was clear by his mission and he got it done.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It was on Yeah, fish and chips or bangers and these questions.
Speaker 3: This is definitely well, look he's homie from love. He grew up out here, he went to high school.
Speaker 6: Terrible these questions as a wild sir.
Speaker 3: Fish and chips because bags mashes strange. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's sausage and mash with gravy.
Speaker 2: Like mashed potatoes and sausage. Yeah, I prefer fish ships. Yeah, look at you. Looked at you all right?
Speaker 3: The last one of the loyalty or respect.
Speaker 7: Respect because.
Speaker 6: People can be loyal to you and still do a disrespectful ship, and it's up to you to see it. But if they respect you, you stand less of a chance of them being disloyal.
Speaker 7: That's my theory.
Speaker 6: So not both, No, it's one of the other most and one breeds one. So yeah, I'll take you respectful day.
Speaker 3: You have to light me right right. Respect.
Speaker 5: We want to show you a flower, thank you for your love, because appreciate it. That's what that's what our show is about. And we want to give you a love.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate it. Can you talk about how are you and Kanye connected?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: And it's a story. It's a story.
Speaker 6: It's like it's a story that's on Google. But no, no, as in, like I've told it so many times. We met a while ago, like in two thousand and two to one, maybe right before my first album came out, and I wanted to actually find John Legend and that was the point wow.
Speaker 7: Because I heard it, Yeah, which we eventually did.
Speaker 6: I heard a song from the mixtapes he had out and I was in La working on records with Corrupt and like a few other like West Coast, I was yeah, she was crip.
Speaker 3: No, So, like I said, I was rapping.
Speaker 6: So I had worked with some producers who were the dog pand essentially there was they were out there working.
Speaker 3: Great group of guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we will go back and forth from London to one. I'd pay my flight and just come out and work with them. And one of the one of the weeks I was out working, I was staying down the street from Roscoe's on Gower Street and I was listening to the is.
Speaker 3: It Through the Wire with the.
Speaker 6: I'm Good and all that on it right and John was singing, and I just kept thinking to myself, this man's voice. And so I went to Roscoe's and I'm listening to it in my headphones and I walk inside and he's sitting there, and I'm just like, holy.
Speaker 3: Sitting there, it's two thousand and one. It's not what I'm saying. The fact you were listening to it and you said that you walk in there.
Speaker 7: This happens to me frequently.
Speaker 4: That's a magical Like you walk into Rascal there.
Speaker 3: That's like a lot of attraction. Ship right there.
Speaker 6: That's my whole life. I'm writing a book about it. It'll show up. But he was there, and so he comes up prayed and I was like, God, I just need to speak to him because didn't want to run up to the table and.
Speaker 7: Be like, oh, why you have chicken in your mouth? Hello, some British girl.
Speaker 6: And so he comes outside after I literally say thank you God Amen. He walks outside.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, thank you Jesus.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kanye, really love you. You have some people in common. I really want to work with John Legend.
Speaker 3: Is he there? Is it like?
Speaker 7: And I just connect with him and he's like.
Speaker 3: You know him. I was like, I know his voice. Because John wasn't well known yet.
Speaker 6: He was like, there was no videos, so he's yeah, and he said come to the studio. I go to record plant and met John. It's a short, shortened version and we were just been We've just been cool ever since. He actually signed me to my second album in the US with Atlanta with Atlantic, and that's how everyone has shine an American boy. That's the short version of Yeah, it.
Speaker 7: Took some years.
Speaker 6: That's a lot of time, but it's a lot of manifestation. It's a lot of like law of attraction. There's a lot of walking in your purpose with me, you know, but.
Speaker 3: You worked with some big people early on. You worked with Swiss, right.
Speaker 6: Swizzy was one of the first people who wanted it was going to sign me in like two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Is this before you're doing the West goes back and forth.
Speaker 6: Before while I'm doing it, before my first album comes out, I go for me. It was Swiss and Grady because I had I had a whole I had a long career. I had a skate shoe with this company called Edney's. If you're a real skater, you know by Edney's, right. I had a shoe with them, and I was like this young no, I just like the shoe was this rap culture.
Speaker 3: I like the shoe.
Speaker 6: And when I went to talk to Swizzy and then they were like confused. They were like, how do you have a shoe with the number one skate ran in the world at the time.
Speaker 3: What right?
Speaker 6: And they were like, we just we just don't have our infrastructure right, but you know, our eyes are on you. And so when it came around for Shine, here here came the opportunity to work with Swizzy and he said absolutely and he produced track Wow.
Speaker 7: So you know, it's it's been a lot of.
Speaker 6: Lined up things, a lot of like stars in motion, Yeah, see Low two U, Shine Yeap, who else?
Speaker 7: Everybody I wanted to.
Speaker 6: Work with Jacks like a bunch of people. Everyone I've wanted to work with I've worked with.
Speaker 3: But it's funny because these names.
Speaker 2: From what I know is it was early after you're well established, Like you worked with these people very early in your career.
Speaker 7: And part of it was like who is this girl and why is she good?
Speaker 6: And part of it was like the label being not label, but John being like he listened to this artist. Yeah, I was on his label at the time, and I said, John John Legend, I was on his label at the time, and our partnership or our friendship was based on you do melodies really well, and you do lyrics really well.
Speaker 3: Like we work really well together.
Speaker 7: And that's it, and that's literally why we work so well, you know.
Speaker 6: So it's been a journey, it's been a wild time.
Speaker 3: A lot like yourself. But as I said, I'm writing a book about it.
Speaker 7: It will be our.
Speaker 3: Like is that really like a theme in the book.
Speaker 6: Manifestation the law of attraction? How I did it is the thing, the recurring fact it is. Put it in the world, write about it and go to work, like so write a boy, write your journals.
Speaker 3: Do it you gotta do. Put it on the board and go to work.
Speaker 7: Go to get it done. And I do, vision board, vision board, put it on the merrit don't.
Speaker 3: Matter what writing down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, get it done. It works, It does work, it does, I agree, But also go to work.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: You have to meet your luck. That's what I tell people. It's real, you have to meet your luck exactly. That's the coo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I don't seen him perform in London so many times like this no, like you're a whole legend.
Speaker 3: I want to give you your flowers.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: Give you a flower, don't give me flowers.
Speaker 3: You are thank you so much. You are a new You have a new project came out this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it came a couple months ago called Stay Outer, and it was born in the Panini in the pandemic, the pandemic, the pandemic, pandemic, pandemic. It was a tough time for everyone, but it was also a moment clarity for a lot of people. And I was coming out of a real moment of like reorganizing my entire stuff, like my life everything. So walking through this whole period, I had to focus on, like I had to focus on who I was as a person, flip it all around and then get back to like who I am in my heart and who I am who I was raised to be. And every single song on this album is a reflection of that from Roses, which pairs so nicely with my roses.
Speaker 3: To love and Love to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really that you have a new theme song for the Roses section of your But it's really about that because the world as it is right now and this is my whole thing with this album, the world is it is right now. It's determined to suppress our light. Right every time you look at anything online you think yourself, oh god, the world's going to have a hair basket. But it's not, you know, because you exist and you have light in you. And so my thing is like, look at your light. Go to your like every single time, and if you don't have the words, put on a record that does have it, you know, and affirm who you are a human and as a as a great person and live from that space, even if it's for five minutes of your day. It's be's better than nothing, you know. So that's the stay outer. It's out right now.
Speaker 3: Put it on. It's a fun time. It feels good.
Speaker 2: It was it independent, So that's no more major regulations.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been independent since twenty two. How do you like that he loves major labels. I'm just saying, you do. I get the infrastructure, I get it. I like it. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: So do you love independent more?
Speaker 7: I love being able to see where everything is.
Speaker 3: I respected.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's my thing with a major It's so many moving parts, amazing. Yeah, it does the thing that oh look Atlantic did incredible work.
Speaker 7: I love him.
Speaker 6: They're still cool. You know, we had a wonderful We had a wonderful party.
Speaker 7: It's great.
Speaker 6: Nothing's crazy, but I can see where all the parts are. And also I can I'm grateful that I'm the kind of ys where I don't have to move at anybody's place with my own. I can live a real life, which is part of my whole personal reorganization. I wanted to live a real life and not just be music focused, and every single minute I'm on a flight trying to promote this or do that, and I don't actually get to live and have a family or da da da.
Speaker 3: Da da, you know, like just to serve the art justice, it doesn't serve the art.
Speaker 6: I can't live. If I can't live, I have nothing to speak about. And I'm that person. I need to live to speak about some shit. So to me, I like this idea of being able to take my time a little bit. It's a little tougher, it takes a little bit longer sometimes sometimes, but for the most part, it's good.
Speaker 7: It's a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So you know, here a drink chance. We love Prince stories, and I hear that you have some print stories I do.
Speaker 6: Prince Mama asually calls it like the Wayne Brady effeits, you know in the Dave Chappelle Show where he just pop up on Dave, like Wayne Brady just pop up on Dave.
Speaker 3: It would just be random moments, people just popping up around.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: It's a wonderful time.
Speaker 6: No, I have a good life, but Prince was one of the ones. I remember seeing him over my over my backyard in London.
Speaker 7: So let me let me face it.
Speaker 6: I used to live in the state in London and right over the side of the state there was a stadium, right and I remember hearing him seeing purple ran and seeing the purple girl purple lights around the stadium. I didn't never saw it, but I was just there singing like like.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, like this princess in that building.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 3: I can hear it.
Speaker 6: So I skip signed and I have the same lawyer as him, and I don't realize I had the same lawyer as him for a while and then he tells me.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I also represent the sign this you know.
Speaker 6: Formally known as I'm just like okay, okay, everyone's everyone. And then he says, yeah, come the year before, the two years before I actually.
Speaker 7: Won my Grammy.
Speaker 6: So I come to the House of Blues, Princess doing the after thing and I'm like, all right, whatever, princes ain't coming out to know how some blues.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 6: He would do that. And I'm getting drunk and Prince doesn't drink. That's whant to start drinking, Baker. But he pops off around two in the morning, like all the alcohol left my body. I was sober, That's what The minute I was realized he was there, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: Ship, gather myself.
Speaker 6: And so he's in the back and they call me in and it's him and Terry Jimmy jam and Terry Lewis, the Legends, and they sat there and he started telling me all the independent stuff like, yeah, make sure you have controller, blah blah blah blah blah, don't allow this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your three sixties, they're going to try you with that.
Speaker 7: Don't give it up verbatim.
Speaker 3: And so well he was about that, and he would tell the young.
Speaker 6: Artists, tell the artists, and that's my thing, is like that's the last Yeah, own your ship and so own your ship.
Speaker 7: And so I learned, and I would start absorbing all of that. So things went on.
Speaker 6: True romance came out by Independent by Us, and I had a song called Conqueror on that which was on Empire and did all the things. And he called me on the day the week of release, and I'm in my house putting together. So I put together. I'm a home decort fan. And when I'm leave my brain cleared, I'll go and start putting together things like put together a bookshelf, like cut a wall open, like that's me right, And he calls me and a minute, me putting together a bookshelf, and I'm here like.
Speaker 7: Friends calling me on this afternoon in Brooklyn. What's happening?
Speaker 6: I lived in Brooklyn. But he was like, you know, you're doing the right thing. This is it, this is this is what you should sound like.
Speaker 3: This is great. Keep it going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And he just reminded me of who I was.
Speaker 6: He was like, straightening your crown and every step and it's not just saying these are major moments. And then he every step of the way, he would just call me and just a firm that I was doing the right thing. And then he called me and asked me to perform with him in Baltimore. That constat he did in Baltimore for when they had the protests, and I was like, we'll be over there.
Speaker 3: I went over there.
Speaker 6: I thought I wasn't going to get to perform, ends up pulling me up for Purple Rain. I don't know what I sounded like, but I did it because my whole I had a whole out of body experience, like of it just felt purple.
Speaker 3: Well, the venue was purple, but it just felt like purple.
Speaker 6: And it felt like light, and it just felt like, holy crap, I'm floating, you know, like this is this isn't real.
Speaker 7: What do you want me to sing?
Speaker 4: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 6: And so it's not I mean, it's Princess has kind of popped up to just affirm that I'm doing the right thing and I'm good. But it's also just like his brilliance is astounding. And then Stevie Wonders another one of those people that I feel like is living legend.
Speaker 3: Here, living legend. You can see right, we've said it here, he said he cannot.
Speaker 2: He told everyone at the other day that he could see that he's pressed buns and elevators and he but.
Speaker 6: He has as he's been doing this his whole life. He's seventy five.
Speaker 3: His senses, he's been going to the same places. So everything seems like course.
Speaker 6: His ear is incredible, But it's just an amazing thing to witness somebody just be that prolific their whole life, despite disability what people.
Speaker 7: Call a disability.
Speaker 6: Prolific still, so it's like, there's no excuses for me to not make great music or not do the thing I do really well. When these people are hi, I'm in your energy field. I pop up around you, like what we're doing?
Speaker 3: You know? You got to say Stevie story. Then see, oh goodness, how I met Stevie.
Speaker 7: There was an event I took my homegirl to.
Speaker 3: It was Joe.
Speaker 6: He Sweat, and somebody else, and it was hosted by Stevie's radio station. I'm not thinking in any capacity that Stevie was going to be there, but he'd heard that I was in the building, and I was in the back again, drinking my brown liquor, minding my business, Like, oh my goodness, Stevie's in the building. I couldn't see him. And then he gets on stage and he calls me up and I'm like, what do you want me to say? This is my I'm honest like that.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, who would you like me? Because I'm standing next to you? The great is one of the great is just like are you bullying? Like? What do you want me to do?
Speaker 6: And then you got like he swe Johnny Gill and Joe in the building at the same time, I was like, what do you want for me to do?
Speaker 3: I came here as a watch and learn.
Speaker 6: Okay, He's like he's saying ribbon in the sky and he made me say you're with him? And I was like, ah, we've been friends since literal friends. Yeah, that family. But it still blows my mind in a certain sense that I've done the right things in order to put me in an energy space of icons.
Speaker 3: And legends like that, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think there's many people could say they have stories with Stevie and Prince alone, like that's all God, let's not doing?
Speaker 3: Is what is the what are you looking forward to doing? Oh? Well, I have a radio show and music I'm looking forward to interviewing you both know, But does he do it in l A too?
Speaker 4: Was in New York.
Speaker 3: I thought that was all over there.
Speaker 6: And now it's two different studios. It's it's it's about twelve stations at this point. It's so many stations. But we're out for music hits and we keep the legacy and giving people their flowers gone.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, would be lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Good? Yeah, okay, let's do And music wise.
Speaker 6: Though, music wise, the album stay Out is out. I have a book coming about my journey so far. It's a how to but like I said, how to do it, yeah, essentially, and performing wives. I'll bet I'm performing.
Speaker 7: Out here tomorrow.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know when people are going to get this. I'm performing it in the overtown at the first of all, I have to do it. You're coming out. So yeah, we stay Out. We're doing the shows. You can always catch me on my Instagram, my socials and find where I'm at.
Speaker 3: For you, well, thank you for joining us. Thank appreciate you so much. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 7: I'm like again my roses.
Speaker 3: Everybody makes some noise up.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and DJ e FN listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noria, go on ig at noriag on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy, on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com