Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Bec Tilly and Tanya Wrath an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: Scrub a dumb, A dumb and a dumb.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel like we have a delirious Tanya today.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't even know. It's not even Tanya, it's Fanya.
Speaker 2: Oh she's faked Tanya. She's faking it. Yeah, faking it till she.
Speaker 4: Makes it, until you make it?
Speaker 2: Should we get right into it? But we here, we're here in the studio, back from Rosemont.
Speaker 5: Some of our best episodes had no sleep, great, awesome, rawsome rowsome.
Speaker 2: So there's there has been a lot.
Speaker 4: Of travel, a lot of travel, a lot of so much travel, so little time.
Speaker 6: Mmm.
Speaker 2: Wow she read that run off run she liked it. Where do we begin?
Speaker 5: I have a question Illinois, Illinois and ep epicn Have you caught up on Grace because you seem to really know your stuff and that was impressive.
Speaker 2: I studied and I looked up on TikTok, I like looked up this season to see, like what questions the fans would want to know. I saw the clips of Adelaide, Mika and Jewels all over my page because that's a wl hashtag WLW fan edits and then a lot of the cast was like og. So it was just like natural questions. We just came prepared, studied. Sam gave us good questions.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, let me tell you something, and that she's done with.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying the whole the loveliness that is being on a podcast, being on a team is having a producer. The loveliness is having a producer like Sam that you know is giving you.
Speaker 4: Information that is super legit.
Speaker 3: Like I I've worked on other shows where I've gotten some questions that may not be factual, and so I've always like had that that uh like.
Speaker 4: On this show, we.
Speaker 2: Rundowns that we had to fact checked.
Speaker 3: And there's something very unsettling about that, you know what I mean, because then you always have to feel like you have to like reread and fact check every little thing. But it's like there's so much comfort in knowing that whatever Sam gives us, we know it's legit.
Speaker 2: But we also had people on that we there were people that weren't from Gray's the Grey's Anatomy world, yes, that we were like, oh, we we know of them, but we don't you know, necessarily know exactly what's going on, and we they were all so nice to talk to you. But these are also like rapid fire interviews, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well one of the So there was one girl in particular that I felt like we were kindred spirits. I felt like she sat in the chair and we could have talked to her for days.
Speaker 4: Do you not feel that way? I really enjoyed her.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could have talked I couldn't talk to anybody for days.
Speaker 4: Yes you could, No, I could not.
Speaker 3: Okay, could have talked to her for a lot longer. Like we just totally full podcast with her.
Speaker 4: We totally hit it off. We loved her and.
Speaker 3: Was it I'm gonna let Becca tell the story because I feel like, in my head she asked us for drinks or was it me?
Speaker 2: It was definitely you, but she was very willing in her response, like it was very much like, oh my gosh, yes, and then she's like, y'all messaged me or I'll message you, but there was no info exchange, so it was very in my mind, it felt like a Tanya Camilla, let's watch The Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 4: Together at your home.
Speaker 2: So oh, yeah, let's do it that situation.
Speaker 3: So we're actually talking about Chantelle van Stanton, No Van Santon Van Santon.
Speaker 2: She played Quinn and Wintree Hill. Yes, and she was so lovely.
Speaker 4: So lovely, Like I really did feel like we were like fast friends and I feel like she felt that too. I swear she wanted to get drinks with this and do you have a memory of this?
Speaker 7: She she enjoyed your company. I don't know if she wanted to continue it outside.
Speaker 4: Of the really okay, I think she had a really good time.
Speaker 5: With you guys.
Speaker 2: Sam witnessed this as we were walking by. There was a conference room and she was on the phone and she was like, message me when you all get back to the hotel, Like she initiated that. Yes, so Sam heard it. She can vouch for that because she was like, oh but did say that, Yeah she did, right, She did say that. Good. She said, she like waved you from the room and said she was like message me.
Speaker 4: So it was very much on her.
Speaker 2: Still, no numbers exchange or anything, just totally relying on Instagram DM.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I didn't love. Like, I'm like, so I'm just waiting for her to see this thing.
Speaker 7: To her request folder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we were in the car on the way to record our podcast with Jessica Capshaw and Camilla, and Tanya's like, let's DM her so that we can when we get back.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't have to say it's a miracle that I'm getting married, because truly, the way that I engage with other human beings via text message and like via phones is so awkward.
Speaker 4: Like I don't pick up on social cues.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to write like cute text messages or like cute messages like mine are so awkward and weird. Like I had one written to her and I was like, Becca, why don't you just do it? And the one Becker wrote was so much cooler.
Speaker 4: I was like, dang, this is.
Speaker 5: Why Robbie fell for Sierra originally. And then it was you God, bless God.
Speaker 4: Bless dear Markina.
Speaker 2: Really so I Tanya started the group and then I messaged her and I said, Hi, Chantel, We're going to the downtown Chicago to record a podcast. We'll be back around eight or so. We'll just message you if you still want to get a drink, no pressure. If you're talked or socialed oubt Tanya follows up, no pressure, but it will be so fun, She writes us, like later on, and she goes, oh, I just came back. I took a nap and just woke up.
Speaker 4: So sorry.
Speaker 2: I just not got this. It was such a crazy day. Wish we could have talked for longer. I felt such a kindred spirit and both of you, and I'm so grateful I got to meet you. Tanya goes, honestly jealous. We are just having dinner and heading back. She's still trying to make it happen.
Speaker 4: I did not pick up on the like it's not happening.
Speaker 2: I just say, so great meeting you. Hope you have a safe trip back. I just accepted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I be could just let it go. I was like, it's not over. Till it's over. We're still out. Did we get drinks? No? No, the last week saw ever the first and the last. Yeah, but I still feel like we could be friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel about too. She lives in New York, though, so that's tough.
Speaker 4: Well that's where I'm going this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yep, you.
Speaker 4: Should hit her on. I will.
Speaker 2: I will. That was manic, yes, but I will say we did the podcast at the Crossover with Call It What It Is with Camilla Luddington and Jessica Capshaw, and that was, honestly, I have to say, one of my favorite episodes we've ever done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very I don't know what the word is, but it was like cerebral.
Speaker 4: What cerebral mean? Not? Probably not what I'm going for.
Speaker 5: Very intelligent, very brain definitely not that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no kismet along that lines of like the fact that it was like the seventh anniversary of the podcast and that we had Camilla and Jessica Capshaw, Like what's the word I'm looking for? It was very serendipitous and it just felt very really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cerebral if you will.
Speaker 3: Cerebral, No, not cerebral, but you know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was.
Speaker 5: Cool that they Yeah, Jessica and Camilla, we're going to you guys for like advice on making podcasts because and you guys kind of rolled your eyes about that, but you shouldn't, because you guys are ros of this. You have a highly successful podcast that's been running for seven years. That's not nothing you right, agree?
Speaker 2: I agree, And by no means do I feel like roma.
Speaker 4: I do feel like.
Speaker 2: We have been in the game for a long time and are we can give advice on podcasting.
Speaker 4: We should start a class. Yes, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: What's the class?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but let me see. The wheels are turning.
Speaker 2: So you always have some great ideas and you just need some time to troubleshoot it.
Speaker 3: But we never crossed the bridge, true, but I think we could do like a course.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: I mean, how many young people are looking to get into podcasts, as I'm saying podcasting plenty.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They need some guidance.
Speaker 3: Hence the guidance, the GUIDs, the great guiders, the guides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, they were just so fun and warm and it didn't feel like we were interviewing like celebrities. It felt like we were all friends just having a.
Speaker 4: Chit chat, enter back and forth.
Speaker 2: There was never like an awkward moment of what do we talk about next?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Never, And I almost wish like people were saying that they wish that we would have done like a truth or Drink episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe next time.
Speaker 3: Next time for sure, because we were all like sipping on a little like drink, but we weren't like getting drunk, and I think it'd be really fun if we all got drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, we we did all have a few drinks, and then Tanya wanted you know, I was like dead after one time, especially if I have wine. I'm I'm like ready to turn in. Toni's like, let's go get a cute dinner. It's Saturday night, no right, Saturday night night. And I'm like, okay, fine, if you find a place we can go eat, She's just scrolling.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I'm looking at Yell, but I'm looking at I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Thirty minutes, We're sitting on an outside empty cafe area on a bench. I'm like terrified. Then it's just like not not a great vibe. And finally I'm like, let me find a place. Let me ask the Instagram followers and see what everyone says. So they recommend this place Maple and ash or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but let me tell you, it took everything in me. So Camilla and Jessica left to go to a dinner. They were going to a dinner with other Grays people, and I was like, yeah, I'm like, why don't we just go to that? We know all these people, Jakebrelly, Sarah Drew, like, yeah, they know us. I was waiting for the invite, didn't get it.
Speaker 4: Is there really that we were not invited? So I did not What were you gonna say? Can we come along? We'll set at the bar.
Speaker 2: Myself under the bed if you had asked we come, So thank you for not doing that.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: But we go to this place everyone recommended and it is probably the busiest restaurant in Chicago, I think. And Tanya and I are in our business suits, our panel seasoned suits, and these girls like people are in like these new outfits going out where and the girl I go up because I had seen that there was a reservation and she's like, there's no reservation, and she's like, you can check upstairs and see it's open seating at the bar. So we go up there. A few people come over and introduce themselves. Tanya brings out it's pit. It's dark, but it is like a viby restaurant. It is pitch black minus some dim lights here and there. Tanya pulls out this light that in darkness, it's jarring broad daylight, it's jarring in studio light, right now and starts these older, older couples like what is that. She starts taking selfies with them, showing them the tutorial, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: If you're a scrubber and you come up to Becca and I and you want a photo, that those photos would have been horrendous in there in that dark lighting. And you know what, I got our scrubbers some amazing photos with this bad boy.
Speaker 4: And I would do it again. I know you would, and again and again, scrubber.
Speaker 2: There are two different personalities, and I'm there's one that doesn't mind attention, not saying like you are craving attention, is that you don't mind eyes on you because you're just doing your thing. And then there's people who like hate any that like direct attention. And we are both of those people, okay, and their opposite.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna show you. I still have the photos.
Speaker 5: So you wanted to crawl into a hole, I just was.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm hungry, I'm tired. I found this place. She's done nothing, and now she's giving a tutorial on the lighting.
Speaker 4: We still don't have a table.
Speaker 2: I'm like irritable at this point, and I'm being blinded and She's.
Speaker 3: Like, shit, I'm gonna hold up. So I'm gonna hold up these photos. These are two random people.
Speaker 5: But this isn't the point that we don't even know you're arguing a point that she's not arguing.
Speaker 4: Get this photo.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is quite a look for you.
Speaker 4: And then look at the photo with my light.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gorgeous, it's better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So just let this be a lesson.
Speaker 10: For everybody said I'm saying the lights the photos aren't better with it, but say, yeah, time and a place, and when your best friend starving and you encourage her to go out and you're sitting there doing a light tutorial, watch scrubbers.
Speaker 4: This was for the scrubbers.
Speaker 2: People were not scrubbers or whatever.
Speaker 4: The civilians.
Speaker 3: These civilians came up and wanted to ask me what this was, and I sent them the link and showed it to them.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I walked up because I didn't see her. I didn't know where she went. I was downstairs looking for her place.
Speaker 4: She just had to fall the light and I walk up. I wish I could show you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a tutorial what I've witnessed. Tanya trying to find a spot at the barky.
Speaker 5: Oh good. I love it when you act things out.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm like far away.
Speaker 2: I walk up where there's like you get off an elevator and then there's a bar and you're just you know, I'm just I'm trying to see if I can see her to be like, get downstairs. We got to find another place. I walk up and she's just.
Speaker 4: What would you like it to look like?
Speaker 2: Just some speed?
Speaker 5: She's strolling very slowly and just looking around.
Speaker 2: I did not know this about Tanya until this trip. She is a slow mover in everything she does, and I think that if I encourage quickness, like if I'm like, come on, let's go, she goes slower.
Speaker 5: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: So I have to like take deep breaths and just be like it's okay. She'll get there when she gets there.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting when I've learned about myself in the past couple months is that I have analysis paralysis. So I actually, I don't know if you know this. I actually don't enjoy making decisions. I really, I'm like, I liked, it's gonna sound weird, but I just like to be told what to do. Like this is when we start the show, show up, be there, great done, be prepared, great done.
Speaker 4: Like if you throw, if you lob me at, let's where do you want to go?
Speaker 3: And I have to analysis paralysis on my phone and look at Yelp reviews and like look at places to go.
Speaker 4: I'll be doing that for an now.
Speaker 3: Whenever we're traveling and Rob and I are trying to find a coffee place, I could spend an hour and a half trying to find a coffee place.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't know this about you until recently traveling with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's been it's been eye opening as I am not the one to plan, but I'm also very low key, Like I would have been totally fine to go home and order in, but you have an opinion on what you want to do.
Speaker 4: Yet there's no downtown. It's our only night here. We're like, you know, let's live.
Speaker 5: It at that.
Speaker 2: I get that, but it's like to make the plan.
Speaker 3: I know, And what I should have done is I should have anticipated that that we were going to be down there, and I should have done my research a couple of days high or not in the moment.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, that's my bad.
Speaker 2: And then another what I've realized is that you know, everyone has an opinion about me being lay whatever, I overpack, But you know what, I am always prepared.
Speaker 4: I'm always prepared, and I'm always not prepared.
Speaker 2: And you're fast in well not fast, but you're you pack lightly yeah, and you're easy going in the sense of that, yeah, but you're never you don't have everything ever correct.
Speaker 3: I'm always losing like one thing here and there, like slip flops or hairspray or toothpaste you brought it, I'm like, what.
Speaker 4: A hair tool?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: I never travel with a hair tool like re Becca. For sure she has a giant suitcase. She'll for sure have a hair.
Speaker 4: Tool for me.
Speaker 2: I did, just not the one you not the.
Speaker 4: One I needed. Yeah, So it's a it's a it's a fine line. Is that rude?
Speaker 5: Is it rude? Do not pack certain things knowing that somebody will have your will have it and you can borrow it.
Speaker 4: When Becca packs like a.
Speaker 3: Suitcase the size of Manhattan to go to Palm Springs for two days, I thought for sure it was going to be jam packed for a Chicago trip. Like I was like, there's gonna be stuff in there, and there was no I was wrong.
Speaker 2: It was there was for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess that's the risk you take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what's interesting when I realized is like, what.
Speaker 4: Do you realize?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait, wait, let's take a break.
Speaker 11: If you watch Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 5: I can say this and Karna will probably say the same thing.
Speaker 12: I don't think that we had great dancing chemistry.
Speaker 11: Then you need to be listening to sex lies and spray Tad my partner.
Speaker 4: Ardam, he was so intense that made me.
Speaker 7: Really nervous With Cerril buck editor didn't wear a lot of clothes.
Speaker 4: No, she was She did super ankles warm.
Speaker 11: Get the behind the scenes of what goes down on and off the dance floor.
Speaker 4: Dancing with the Stars breeds body image issues for women.
Speaker 6: The thinner you are, the more attention you end up getting on that show.
Speaker 8: Injuries, my phone rings, Hey Christian, Hey, yeah, I saw you're Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: I saw what happened to your arm, and I have the perfect guy to fix it. Honestly, got to the clara, I'm I'm just trying to survive. I'm just trying to like make it out.
Speaker 2: Of out of the season ego.
Speaker 11: She wanted to kill me it was real bad insecurity on the show.
Speaker 3: It was like everyone was talking about my weight and it really affected my confidence so much for like years to.
Speaker 4: Come and betrayals.
Speaker 5: Because of that one betrayal, I knew this is probably my last season.
Speaker 11: Listen to sex Lies and Spray Tans with Ceryl Burke. New episodes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Speaker 13: My name is Cheryl Burke, and I approved this message We're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and you know what, I realized, let's get right into it.
Speaker 3: So I packed a carry on because I feel like I've always thought that the luggage garage carousel takes a long time to get your luggage.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, Like that was always my belief.
Speaker 3: So it's like, I don't want to wait for my luggage and it's going to take five hours to spit it out and wait for you know, I'm just gonna cat my bag and go into my uber. Becca was not so far behind me waiting for her bag than I was having my bag. So now I'm kind of like rethinking my whole life mentality.
Speaker 2: I'd my mentality is if it's a direct flight, and actually if it's free, they flew his first class, Why would I not bring a full bag with everything I want and make sure I.
Speaker 4: Have it right.
Speaker 2: If it's a if it's a short trip and it's like a one to stop, I would attempt a trip. I rarely do it, but I would. I would be more willing to attempt to carry on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sitting here, dumb dummy me carry on everywhere I go, everywhere I go, long trip, short.
Speaker 2: Fully prepared, never, never fully prepared, but also prepared.
Speaker 4: That should be my memoir.
Speaker 2: But I also was on the plane before Tanya, and we got to the airport, sitting with snacks in hand. She comes stressed walking on.
Speaker 3: I've never been stressed like that, and I'll so I was driving, I was on my way to the airport, and I checked back as location, which I'm so grateful to still have.
Speaker 4: Thank you for not ending that.
Speaker 3: And so I checked back his location and she's ahead of me on the freeway. And that's when I started panic. I'm like, if Becca Tilly is ahead of me on the freeway, I'm in trouble. That's not a good sign. So I'm like stressing. And then I like see her park and she's at the airport and I'm still on the freeway, and I was like, I am like profusely sweating, and I'm not the person that like people start boarding and I walk up to the line like I am in line ready to go, and I walked on to the line past when I was supposed to.
Speaker 4: I was in like whatever. Correct.
Speaker 3: That was very stressful and I didn't have time to eat my hard bowled eggs.
Speaker 4: Thank god. Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 2: I said, if you want to eat those, go into the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Eat those in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: They but you don't. The people sitting next to you don't want to smell your head boiled as a person who has sat next to you while you eat them for about fourteen years.
Speaker 3: Now, do you know how many stinky salami eaters I've sat next to you on airplanes?
Speaker 5: And they're being rude too, don't it's not rude. Don't answer rude with rude.
Speaker 4: Oh my, a hardballed egg is a very luxurious protein.
Speaker 5: Packs eat in the car.
Speaker 4: I was, I didn't need it in the car on the flight.
Speaker 5: So you have a four hour flight, do you bring entertainment because I'm a guy who brings entertainment, because I can't imagine just sitting there with nothing. You like to talk to the people around you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you asked that. Thank you, because Beck and I prepped the whole flight over.
Speaker 5: Oh, studied your Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had a lay down seat. Could have just checked out, watch TV, laid down.
Speaker 4: Becca really wanted to watch a movie.
Speaker 2: You want to stop. We went over the prep and I was like, I feel good, Like these are questions, I know what to ask and I feel this is gonna be We're good. I think we should go over one more time. I'm like, I want to down and She's like, no, I had a separator. I kept trying to raise it, she kept putting it back down. Oh yeah, yeah we should have recorded on the plane, but yeah, no, no rest or sleep.
Speaker 3: And because we had a lot going on, so I was like, I really want to go through every day, Like, go through our schedule, every interview that we have read, through the prep, go look at their instagram.
Speaker 4: See what it took like an hour though it was a four hour flight. So then I wanted to do it one more time.
Speaker 2: We basically did, and then we talked to uh Jana Ortiz, who's the lead of Station nineteen. She was on her flight. We sat and talked with her for a while. Tanya basically said she does not watch the show and feels like it was forced upon her and she did not give in, and she's like she wanted She was really cool.
Speaker 4: She was really cool about it, and she was like, I get it.
Speaker 2: Meeting the cast of Station nineteen made me want to watch Station Night two too.
Speaker 4: That's the funny thing is like meeting her. She was so cool. I loved her and.
Speaker 3: Everybody that we met from SA venteen. I was like, maybe I was wrong, Maybe I should watch the show.
Speaker 4: Humbling moments. It was a humbling moment. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Can you talk about when Kate Walsh she wanted you to follow her hi or you wanted you to follow yourself from her phone?
Speaker 3: I have never ever ever, And because I don't really get embarrassed because I am who I am, right, I wanted to crawl out of my body because I was so embarrassed that this happened, especially in front of Kate Walsh, my hero, my hero.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was like, am obsessed with you. You're like, Tanya was just going offterr and she was so cool.
Speaker 4: So cool. But I think I'm not have to tell the story when we come back right like six minutes since our last break.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess I'll just tell he that. So I like, I love Kate Walsh because I just I loved her character on Grays Out of Me, like she was between her and Arizona Robbins, like they were my top two favorite of all time, like just and also the thing that I love so much about Kate Walsh is that I hated her character when she came into Grays out of Me, and then she made me love her. It was like I've never had a Arizona Robins I just love from day one, whereas like Addison, I hated and then ended up loving.
Speaker 4: So I was like, correct and continue to hate, continue.
Speaker 3: Just always hated until I met the real person. So that was yeah, okay, So we're doing the panel like.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Kate Walsh.
Speaker 3: Then we were doing this this TikTok trend that's like what are your toxic traits? And so we asked Kate Walsh if we could take a video of her and ask her what her toxic trait is. She told us and so she leans over and she was like, Hey, will you guys tag me and whatever you post and I was like, girl, no problem, you got it, of course, and she hands me her phone, hands me her phone and says, can you follow follow the two of you on my on my phone?
Speaker 4: What's my Instagram?
Speaker 2: What's my name?
Speaker 12: My name?
Speaker 3: I'm like ah, shaking, and they're all everybody's watching me. So I'm stressed. And I go to my page and it doesn't say.
Speaker 4: Follow back, no yeah, because I don't. I don't follow her. I didn't even realize that I don't.
Speaker 3: Follow her, and I was like, oh my gosh. I was mortified.
Speaker 4: So I did it.
Speaker 3: I'd like try to like turn the phone my way just to hit it, and then like I had to get on my phone right after and follow back, which is mortifying. And I was just praying, like we pray, we pray that she didn't see it. And then I go to Becca's Becca Tilly. Of course Becca's following her, and it says but I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and now I'm thinking maybe I was delusional, like maybe I was so like worked up over mine that maybe I saw things. But I swear to follow back on hers and I wanted to show her it, like I was like, look, look, follow back, click you know, but.
Speaker 4: Then she cared. I don't think she cared at all.
Speaker 3: I don't think she cared or noticed, but you know, at all, No, truly. But then we get home and Becca says she wasn't following her.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why am I not seeing any of her stuff? So I got her profile and it says followed back, and I'm like, Tanya lied, she.
Speaker 14: Blocked out and was like, yeah, I think I've never been so mortified, like truly, and again, I'm sure she didn't care or would care.
Speaker 5: Are still saying she's your shiro and you're not even following her?
Speaker 4: Right, Like.
Speaker 3: My gosh, that was I'm wanted to crawl out of my body. But now she's following me, which really And and I guess who will started following me?
Speaker 4: And I guess this's Jessica Capsules.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, wow nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was a big one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I screenshoted it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Oh put it on my bio. Jessica Capture follows me.
Speaker 7: Jessica remembered my name from like I helped he out with her podcast like two weeks ago. And at the convention she's like, oh, hi, Euston, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, Wow, crazy.
Speaker 2: How I guess I've always thought she would be nice, but she was so normal and normal and just like overly kind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was awesome, awesome, awesome and so normal. I always feel like celebrities like that, like you put them on a pedestal, you know, and she deserves that pedestal, like forever, it makes she rain, But like there's she's just so normal.
Speaker 4: She's just like you and I, you know, like chit chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like us, just like us stars. So we returned home, yes, and then there's travel, more travel to be had. I went to Denver the next day, got home from Chicago at like nine pm or something, and then got on a flight the next morning to Denver to go to a concert at Red Rocks with Haley to see her a band that she loves.
Speaker 4: With band Arcade Fires.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I personally don't know many songs by band, and I went as I was like, are you sure you don't want to take someone who loves the band?
Speaker 4: He loves the band.
Speaker 2: And can sing along. She's like, no, I really want to experience it with you. So we off we went to but off you went to see my youngest sister, Henk and her girlfriend. So it was really it was really fun. Yeah, got back literally disassociated for two days. Nice binged two TV shows which.
Speaker 4: Which presumed innocent.
Speaker 2: Oh that Jake jilln Holk, Yeah, really good. I tried Mormon Wives.
Speaker 3: I'm cheetering with that. I watched like the first ten minutes of the episode. I just fell asleep.
Speaker 4: But I like it.
Speaker 2: See, I just don't like when I can feel a reality show is overly produced. Like I don't like when I feel like the producers are telling them what to ask and say, and a lot of people are like, yeah, but you were on the Bachelor, and I'm like, but I never felt that they did that in our in our conversations, like if we were I remember Crystal's and I one time we're talking about TV shows or something like friends, and they were like, hey, can we talk about uh, something more about you know, meeting or family or something you know, and then we would have a conversation.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't like direct.
Speaker 2: Questions that they told us to ask, right, And I really felt that on the first episode of Mormon Wives, and I can I can't handle it. And then we watched the movie Uglies.
Speaker 4: Excuse me what I just had to tickle my nose. She I just had a nose age. It was something like this.
Speaker 2: It was unsanitary, no better than my finger.
Speaker 5: Right, hold on, just so people know what is that you're holding and you just put it inside your noscri.
Speaker 4: I had like an itch inside my.
Speaker 5: Nose, inside your nose a little bit. I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 3: Use that now, Well good here, I'm not offering this to you. You cannot use my chapstick.
Speaker 5: Ever, did break through the perimeter of your nose.
Speaker 4: Better than my finger? I would say definitely went to the innards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very casually done sweating. Looking at your your fleece sweater over. I just noticed that that could be worse than the pepper.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, my body is off kilter. That's okay.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I got back from Denver and then watch TV.
Speaker 4: Oh the Uglies was brutal.
Speaker 2: But I didn't read the book, so I knew nothing going into it. So I was very much like what am I watching? I did not either, Yeah, yeah, you don't read the books? Or did you watch the movie? No, give a shot, everyone in here should read watch it. Let me know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, king like and she was a really great actress. So I just the one with Chased Oaks. So yeah, I do want to see this. It's bad, please watch it or bad? It's I thought it was terriflo.
Speaker 2: But is it like a rom com? No, not at all. It's very futuristic. It's basically about like when you turn sixteen, you get like basically the bold filter put on your face. You get to choose like how you want to look, and everyone else's uglies the uglies, and then there's the pretties.
Speaker 4: So that's the concept. Sounds bad. Check it out, you might like it.
Speaker 2: But then you headed to Vegas for iHeart Festival.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been doing not a lot of watching television. I've just been like on planes and trains and things as such, and prepping and packing and unpacking and then packing again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but uh, what did I do? It was such a blur.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because there's so much going on, like at the iHeart Radio Music Festival that like it's hard to think back because it's it's so jam packed in a matter of two days. But my Friday night was actually very chill, so I got to really enjoy a lot of the show dou a LiPo was like amazing, and then Saturday was like a little chaotic. But what's interesting is like I went out Friday night did this after party. I had ended up getting home in like one forty five, and Ryan had wanted to do like a staff more like a staff run on Saturday morning, and I was like, you know me, I'm like count oh. I was like count me in, And so I did, in fact set my alarm to meet him. And I set my alarm for eight thirty because I thought we were going to go at nine thirty. He ends up wanting to go earlier, at like nine fifteen, So I'm like rushing to get ready, and I was like I need a coffee, Like I cannot go on a run without a cup of coffee. And the line was like wrapped around the casino. So I was like, there's no way I'm making it through this line in a matter of minutes. So I had to do this run outside in Vegas Sons coffee, and Ryan was so much faster than I thought, Like I thought we would be kind of like on the same level.
Speaker 4: That was a mistake.
Speaker 2: He was very fast, So did you have to keep pace with him?
Speaker 3: Yes, Well I was a little bit behind, like I was maybe like was it just you and him and one other friend of ours?
Speaker 2: It was the only people that said yes to the morning run?
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, yep, just running the strip, just running top to bottom. We went all the way to the last casino and back to a little over two miles. Do people stop when you're with him?
Speaker 3: Not at all, Actually quite the opposite. So he would say hi, he would say hi to somebody. I would hear him say hi to like a person, a runner, passer buyer. They would not say hi to Ryan, And then I would be like, hey, good morning, and they would say hi to me.
Speaker 4: Wow. It was actually quite hilarious. But I'm convinced it was because he had his headphones in.
Speaker 5: Were they they're air pods?
Speaker 4: That air pods?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm like, why would you show up to a run with your friend wearing air pods like we're supposed to like to chat Like this is not you know, you're not running by yourself.
Speaker 7: It's hard to talk and run at the same time.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would never do that. I will probably.
Speaker 2: I think it would be very rare for us to be on a run together. But I will have air pods in if it ever happened.
Speaker 5: Kept them.
Speaker 3: He kept them in, but he did not put music on, which I thought was a very nice compromise, you know, like he had them in, but he wasn't like listening to music.
Speaker 4: Them because he had them.
Speaker 3: We met at the bottom of the casino, so he already had them.
Speaker 4: So he's like, I'm not going to go back up to my room and leave them all the time.
Speaker 7: I store them in my ears.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the pocket right right right?
Speaker 2: Did you you interviewed people right over? Who was who did you interview?
Speaker 3: I interviewed Hallsey, whom I love, and I inter viewed Flavor Flavor, Tiffany Hattish Oh wow, yeah, and I think there was just three of them.
Speaker 4: Ohow yeah? Was it?
Speaker 2: Was it like our usual?
Speaker 3: Was no Crue oh wow, no Crew, No no Ben Higgy, no Higgy well nope, no Wells whoa interesting?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was like chiller in a way. Yeah, I bet yeah. In the backstage.
Speaker 2: So how are you feeling today?
Speaker 4: On a Monday? So I'm feeling pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I had this great idea to go home first thing in the morning on Sunday, so I was like, I'm on a seven thirty flight. I'll get home and I'll just like be in bed all day. And I had slept about two and a half hours, so I was pretty miserable. And then I tried to like get home and just sleep, like I unpacked, showered and tried to like take a nap. A had a nail on my tire, so Robbie took me to pet Boys to get it fixed, and then I came back home, took another nap. He had to wake me up to go pick up the car. Then I came back home, did more work for Monday, and then I went back to bed.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, you had a much bisier day than I did, and he deserved to have the day that I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really when we finished today, I'm just going to go vertical.
Speaker 4: Course all he's not vertical. Yes, yeah, I'm gonna must not have a weird set up in your home or that's.
Speaker 3: But like, you know what's so interesting that I realize is I'm getting very needy because like we've been traveling so much, and I've been away from Robbie, and I'll come home and I'll just want to be with him and spend time with him and he's just like, oh, you know, and I love that for him, Like I love it because he loves it so much and it's like something that brings him joy.
Speaker 4: And I never want to take his joy away. But I'm like, I need a little attention.
Speaker 2: What do you need from him? Like what is it that you're looking for? Just like eye contact?
Speaker 3: Eye contact, sitting with me, engaging in conversation.
Speaker 2: But could you sit with him while he watches football and not be like if he if you were like, hey, like will you rub my feet while you watch football?
Speaker 4: Like would that be something? I don't even need my feet rubbed. Oh don't need it.
Speaker 2: So you don't want to just sit with him?
Speaker 4: I just want to talk.
Speaker 5: This is the theme though, of this entire episode. Right you're on the plane, you won't let Becka relax, sit back, sleep, watch TV. It's constantly she needs to be constantly entertaining you, or at least socializing with you. You're running with Ryan. He can't listen to anything in his earbuds. He needs to be constantly talking to you and entertaining you. And then you go back home to Rabie and he's not allowed to watch football because you need constant attention. Now, I feel like there's something here we could delve deeper into.
Speaker 2: This brings me back to our first night in Rosemont, Illinois, and we're in a hotel restaurant. Tanya's having a dead serious conversation. Like we're having a conversation. She goes, I realized that I'm needy, and she says it so seriously that I'm like looking around, like, am I being friend?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: What he just hit? It just hit me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least I'm self aware at this point, and I'm this and I say it's a Robbie too, Like I'm like, look, I know that, Like I don't want you to stop watching your football and playing with your friends on your phone, Like I know that that brings you joy, but like I'm tired, I'm exhausted, I'm depleted, and like I just want I'm needy.
Speaker 4: I just need you to just like look at me.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying. What do you commune? Like do you know exactly what you want from him? Or is it more like you can't figure it out and it's a lose lose no matter what he does.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's a lose lose I think it's just about.
Speaker 2: From the airport twice. That's a love language. Yeah's sonny.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I know he brought Sonny like videotaped hers so cute. Help me fix the nail and my tire. Yeah, I know, he's a I love.
Speaker 2: Him, I know, but I'm saying, like sometimes when Haley is like I can't feel I said, okay.
Speaker 3: I said, I said, Monday, and you're done with work. Do you have plans? And he like laughed, I never have plans.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you what?
Speaker 3: And I go, can we get in bed early and watch the Americans? That's all I want, of course.
Speaker 2: And now he gets to have time with you. You get to have time with him. You'll get to do something you love to do together because you just exactly what you needed.
Speaker 3: But let's see, because there is football on tonight, so let's let's just see how it turns out.
Speaker 2: The phone here and there.
Speaker 4: But that's okay, fine, fine, that's fine. Fine, we have to wrap break. I think we got to go. We've gotta be done. We gotta know.
Speaker 2: I think we do break and then come back. I saw the sound of music for the first time this weekend.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, Amy roboch here along with t J Holmes, and we have a very exciting announcement to make to all of you.
Speaker 9: We are expanding. We are are now going to be coming to you Monday through Friday for a new part of our Amy and TJ franchise, if you will, the Morning Run. We're going to help listeners navigate the busy news cycle and the historic political season that the country is facing. And we're going to do this now each and every day.
Speaker 6: Wow, we have a news franchise now. I like the way you put that.
Speaker 2: We're going to be covering.
Speaker 6: All the latest news headlines for all of you. We'll have entertainment updates, and we'll even give some perspective on the current events that are happening right now. And this, by the way, is in addition to our already established bi weekly podcasts that we hope you guys are tuning into as well, with more in depth conversations and interviews. So we're going to be with you Monday through Friday with Morning Run. Listen to Morning Run on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 12: Jenny Garth, Jana Kramer, Amy Robock and TJ. Holmes bring you I Do Part two, one of a kind experiment in podcasting to help you find love again. If you didn't get it right the first time, it's time to try try again, as they guide you through this podcast experiment in dating.
Speaker 15: Hey, I'm Jana Kramer. As they say, those that cannot do teach. Actually, I think I finally got it right. So take the failures I've had the second or even third whatever, maybe the fourth time around.
Speaker 1: I'm Jenny Garth. Twenty nine years ago, Kelly Taylor said these words, I choose me. She made her choice. She chose herself when it comes to love, choose you first.
Speaker 4: Hi, everyone, I'm Amy Robot and I'm TJ.
Speaker 9: Holmes, and we are well not necessarily relationship experts. If you're ready to dive back into the dating pool and find lasting love.
Speaker 15: Finally, we want to help listen to I Do Part two starting September nineteenth on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: You can talk about Sean Ashmore changing his Instagramley what a win that was.
Speaker 2: The fans are out for Sean Ashmore. They love him, and I guess he has a twin. Wo People are like, I never know if it's his. Is this a joke or something like in the fandom that I don't know about, Or does Sewan Ashmore have a twin because he does, I don't know. I never know which one is which. So anyways, Yeah, people love Sean and he changed his bio to.
Speaker 4: The original Internet boyfriend. Honestly, Sam, you should feel really good about that.
Speaker 2: Like Sam and Crystal had an absolute win. Yeah, truly from the Seawan recognition. So, yeah, I've never seen Sound of Music. It's one of those things that like, it's like a fun fact about me that shocks everyone, stops the conversation where.
Speaker 5: Everybody has those movies that just fell through the crack them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I could just see my mom trying to show me that when I was younger, me being like, yeah, bored, what is this?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 2: But we went with Haley's family for her mom's birthday.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: They had a sing along at the Hollywood Bowl, So I said, let me just see it in the most epic way possible. But man, you know, when you're surrounded by that many fans of a movie and it's a singlong and you don't know a single word to anything.
Speaker 4: I felt.
Speaker 2: I felt imposter syndrome, like I shouldn't be there, you know. I'm like, man, I took a ticket for any of those songs A music, so long, farewell, Yeah, yeah, a few of my favorite things, Like I know things here and there, but I didn't know like the storyline or anything, you know, so they were like cheering when she would like tell him off.
Speaker 4: But what a legend.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I was also so impressed by the talent that people had to have back in that time to be actresses and actors and do like one takes is incredible. One takes well because they were shooting on film and so it'd be like one take without having edits or cuts for certain scenes.
Speaker 3: Direct the DASA datesa entertainment aficionado, and now she knows all all the things.
Speaker 2: It's just paying attention. Yeah yeah, yeah, you don't know anything about being a lawyer.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: I saw some clips from the Hollywood Bull showed. It was so fun seeing like like Julie Andrews walks on screen and everyone freaks out, like getting Avengers. You know, It's like I wish I was there so bad.
Speaker 3: I will say watching movies at the Hollywood Bowl when they have like the full live band.
Speaker 4: It's so I think I watched like Beating the Beast or something and something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first photo I have of me, you and Haley is from that night Beating the Beast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like you're seeing this movie that you've seen a hundred times, but having a live orchestra just like makes it so much better.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a live orchestra. It was basically karaoke.
Speaker 4: Like the song.
Speaker 2: It was like the words were on the screen and everyone was singing along. It was It was cool, but we left early, so I still haven't seen the whole thing.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of traffic. Yeah, yeah, we'll catch just on DVD.
Speaker 4: You need to go home and get vertical and watch not vertical music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I will because I quite enjoyed it. But yeah, that was a little bit about me and Mark. Something significant happened in your life.
Speaker 5: Man. Everybody goes through it, and I get it. But my daughter went off to college and it's the worst. It is brutal.
Speaker 4: Where'd she go? Where's she going?
Speaker 5: You see San Diego?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know. I thought for some reason it was a little bit closer but.
Speaker 5: Some of her friends are on the East coast for sure. My wife went down there last week to set up the dorm. That's amazing and that stuff. You should see the use of space that she came up with and how you know there. They had to get maintenance for one thing, but everything else that you would normally go to maintenance, my wife went to Target and bought a screwdriver because you can bring one, and just hammered it and just fixed everything that needed to be fixed. For one thing that's driving her crazy. But it's beautiful. It's a great dorm and everything is really cute. And then I went down there on Saturday. It's been the day with her because Andy had to take my other daughter would do a dance convention. It was a crazy weekend, but man, I thought I was going to get through it. I thought I was gonna be okay. But then I said goodbye to her and I just started losing it. And she was like, oh, go get out of here, Get out of here, go because she doesn't want to lose it. She wanted me to lose it. We're in the quad, like there's people around. I can't be breaking down in front. It was so it was just it's really really difficult. We're going through it right now.
Speaker 2: Does she have a roommate or two roommates.
Speaker 5: They seem nice, but they've not been around much. Classes don't start till Thursday, so they've been kind of in and out. But she's she's feeling a little homesick and that's hard.
Speaker 4: That's hard.
Speaker 2: Don't want to just be like, come back, yeah, just come back.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, come home. We tried, okay, yeah, but I don't know. Well, we'll get through it somehow, but yeah, it's it's been rough.
Speaker 4: So I remember my parents. I wanted to come home like within the first like month of being away. My parents didn't let me. Wow, they were like no.
Speaker 5: I mean I think there's something to that. Yeah, you need to create your independence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I drove home in the middle of the night my first weekend, and I scared my mom to death because I came into the garage. I was like, I just want to sleep in my bed. I have to go back up tomorrow, and she was like, okay, I was only an hour away, but I drove like late. I was like, I can't do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I needed a plane ticket, so therefore I need I needed funds.
Speaker 4: We got her just where we wont her. Yeah, yeah, a little too far to drive. I could and I have done the drive. It's like eight hours.
Speaker 2: I think that's wrap.
Speaker 4: It's a wrap. We gotta go.
Speaker 2: But we do have a Thursday episode a dip on Yam, Yes we do, so get ready for that advice
Speaker 3: Galore without further ado, goodbye, goodbye, love so much, len you bye