Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky and jooky.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, hell I go, said Byron Jess.
Speaker 3: Hey boo, it's me Roz. I cannot wait to share our conversation today that I had with Daylan Spratt of the television show Ghost Brothers Haunted House Guests. Because we have some laughs, we hear some terrifying stories, and we talk about some real shit as well. So we'll get to that in just a few moments, but before then, I want to share with you a couple of things, particularly some stuff I've been watching. If you're looking for suggestions, I just watched a documentary that I thought was incredible. It is on Travel Channel and it's from their Shock Docs series, and it is called The Devil's Road, The True Story of Ed and Lorraine Warren. Now this is not sponsored content or anything. It's just a suggestion. I swear. If you don't know Ed and Lorraine Warren, we talk about them often in paranormal conversations, particularly, I mean on this show, we've talked about them a couple of times. They are absolutely pioneers in the ghost hunting world, and they've worked on some of the biggest cases in paranormal history. I mean, we all know the Amneyville Horror, the Haunting in Connecticut, Annabelle, all those conjuring movies. I mean, the Warrents worked on that stuff. And this documentary talks about some of the cases that haven't been movies yet and has great footage and archival interviews, and they've tracked down some of the people that have been affected in these cases, and dam Lorraine's daughter is heavily interviewed in it. And I just thought it was so great and something that if you are into the paranormal, even me. I mean I thought I knew a lot about Edam Lorraine Warren, but I actually learned quite a few things, and I was very very into it. Eden Laring Warren. They were definitely very Christian and Catholic faith, Heaven, hell, demons, devils, Jesus. They were definitely that approach, which you know, it's not where I am currently in my life journey, but I mean I always say all the time, if I had the Annabelle doll in my house, or walls bleeding in my house or something, I would instantly in that moment become a born again Catholic, I would become a nun honestly and just devote my life to that. But it's really great to see their approach and their findings. And it kind of goes back to that conversation that I had with Katrina Wideman, also of the Travel Channel. Lots of Travel Channel talk today Katrina from Portals to Hell. If you didn't hear our interview or conversation a couple of weeks back where she talks about that conviction behind using Jesus or Sage or whatever whatever it is that is exercising demons or dark spirits, and clearly for the Warrens it was a Christian thing. But you know, I just it's something I think about constantly, and I actually I reached out to an exorcist, and this particular exorcist agreed to come on the show, so I have I'm not going to say who or or tell you too much just because you know, schedules change and we haven't recorded it yet, but I am in talks with an exorcist, not because I need an exorcism, I don't think, but to have on the show. So we'll be talking about this kind of thing a lot more in the very near future. Something that I was watching that is not paranormal but adjacent to the ghosted universe is the new documentary about the Go Gos on Showtime. And I love the Go Gos and my friend Pleasant gay Men, who has been on this podcast twice. She was on a regular episode and she was in our first live show ever. She was very involved with the Go Gos early on, and so she actually appears in that documentary, which was super cool to see, and I was thinking about her and we started chatting and we decided We're gonna go ghost hunting and I'm gonna do my best with the very limited equipment that I have to try to film something. So We'll be going ghost hunting very soon and I'll be of course posting it on my Patreon, Patreon, dot com slash roz dres Falaise. I just put up a new video this Tuesday that is me revealing one of my deepest, darkest secrets, which is how I transform my big, bushy eyebrows into gorgeous, drag queen eyebrows. And it's something that I have worked years on to accomplish at least as good as I've gotten them now. I'm very proud of the technique that I've developed. I mean, it's not it's me taking a bunch of different techniques and putting them all together because I've tried so many different things. And so I did a little tutorial which if you're looking for fun ideas for Halloween, a great way to transform yourself is to glue down your eyebrows and draw on completely different ones. So maybe you'll enjoy watching that video. Okay, let's talk about this episode today. I talked to Dalen from Ghost Brothers Haunted House Guests, which you can watch on You Guessed It, the Travel Channel. We recorded this about a month ago, and what I think I can gather is maybe they're shooting now on their next season. I'm not sure, but he was so generous with his time, and so we just started getting to talking, and I apologize off the bat because we did not get to EVPs. We ran out of time. So it's one of those rare episodes today where we don't do EVPs. But if you don't know the Ghost Brothers, it's Dalen, Juwan and Marcus and they are three real life friends that do ghost hunting with a comedic approach, which I'm obviously a huge fan of and I love seeing comedy with the paranormal. And of course I have to point out that they are, in history, the first ever all black cast of ghost Hunters on television, So we talk a lot about that and representation and how important that is and hearing different voices, not in a paranormal since not hearing voices, but you know what I mean different elevating different experiences and hearing different voices of different people's approach to the paranormal. And I am so passionate about that, and I hope that that comes across with this podcast. Ghosted Baira's dress flees because I've always wanted to have on people of all different backgrounds, all different races, sexual orientations, genders, religious upbringings, super famous people, you everyone, to show that we all do have these experiences. It's one thing that can absolutely connect us in this lifetime, and our life experiences give us different insights and different approaches to the paranormal. So I'm just such a huge fan of the Ghost Brothers and they've done a few seasons. I was able to find them on demand on cable, but I'm sure there's ways of finding it online as well, and they've done the show. It was originally called Ghost Brothers and now it's Ghost Brothers Haunted House Guests and they go to haunted houses and hotels and all different kinds of places. And I just I find it so entertaining and highly recommend And since they do talk about the paranormal in a comedic way, much like myself, I wanted to talk to him about his approach to that. And you know, it's kind of a fine line that I certainly I do my best with of being respectful of the dead. To me and Dyalen, it kind of comes down to treating others the way you would like to be treated, either dead or alive. And so I talked to him about that, and it's a conversation that I don't get to have with many people because there aren't many people that do comedy about the paranormal. So we talked about that, and that part in particular is on Patreon. So on my second tier, which is called on with the show, you can hear the two of us talking about how to make the paranormal funny. Okay, here we go with an interview that I so enjoyed Dyalen Spratt from Ghost Brothers Haunted House guests on with the show. Hello, how are you today?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm living life. What more can you be asking for? Right? Well?
Speaker 3: How have the past few months been for you? You holding up?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah? Man, it's been real quiet, been real quiet for us. Just been able to spend time with family and I think just like with you know, beforehand, were just traveling so much with everything that we do because other than film and TV, you know, Juanna and I may close. Marcus is a traveling barber, so we're just always on the road, motivational speaker. So this time that the world just shut down, it's just I don't know, you were able to rest your mind, your body and h and as a creative man, I just like I've just been like able to just you know, really let my mind go and like get some stuff on paper, like all those ideas that we've had or you wanted to do. So, I don't know, I feel like this this time has been like a gift and the curse kind of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you been thinking about ghost stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because because this has that has what's been interfered with the most during these times, because this is the time that we were supposed to be on the road filming the TV show, doing investigations, like we had a lot of events lined up for the public. Just so many things were lined up during these past four or five months and we didn't get to do any of that. And yeah, so now we've just been sitting around like just trying to put together some amazing plays for stuff that's to come up. So we're actually about to get on the road now to start filming in a week. So really yeah, yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 3: How do you do that in like a COVID friendly way like when you travel around so.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy. We actually had an hour long skype meeting with the entire team last night and that was what the whole conversation was about. So everyone has to get tested weekly. So we have to get tested. I got tested last week, the results came back negative, and we have to get tested again this week before we leave out next week. And on set, everyone has to wear you know, face covering and protective gear throughout.
Speaker 4: The whole you know, car ride from.
Speaker 2: The airport to the hotel to the locations to anywhere other than us filming. Everyone has to wear masks, strict rule policy.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, like, you know, you a couple of times where your mask. Yeah, yeah, well just every everyone just has to be responsible.
Speaker 3: But none of that stuff matters to a ghost. They don't do social distancing.
Speaker 2: They don't care, they don't you know what's interesting. I wonder if they can be affected by a pandemic, Like I wonder if they they feel any type of thing or does it affect their existence other than people just being at home now and now they don't get that free time away from us, and like when we go to work, they're probably ghosts are probably looking at us the way that our dogs look at us, like they're so usele us leaving during the day.
Speaker 3: I think that they miss people. They miss like the audience, you know, they miss like messing with somebody, you know, right, fet off of that, well, let's talk about the show. And seriously, my I've spent a lot of my shelter in place watching Ghosts Brothers, which I've I've rewatched a lot of episodes, and I just love what you guys do. I think you guys are so so funny. Do you guys have comedy backgrounds?
Speaker 2: So Marcus does. Marcus is a comedian. He hasn't been doing stand up too much as of late, but he used to do standing up a lot, so he has a background in comedy. Man. Me and Joan Nah, we're just guys that, just like Craig jokes Man, like you know, have our own different type of just I think what it is to be completely honest is the fact that we are genuinely all best friends. It's not like other shows just in any other like you know, how you watch some of these reality shows like the Real Housewives or like Love and Hip Hop and all these shows you wanted like dangn want of these people knew each other before this or they're just like yeah, exactly exactly. It's the same thing with us. But like we've been knowing each other forever, Like I tell people all the time, Like it's some times where like you know, I've slept on Jawan's couch or Marcus, you know, been in my mama's house going through the refrigerator. Like we've been friends like forever. Like it's not anything like the TV show. You just get a glimpse of us. Without the TV show, we would still be doing the stuff that we're doing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice to hear, are you guys? So when you you've talked about on the show that you all had paranormal experiences when you were growing up, I mean, was that was it like a conversation that you had at some point where you were like, Hey, I believe in ghosts. You believe in ghosts. Let's go do some ghost stuff.
Speaker 2: So me and Juwan we met in college, so that was like back in two thousand and four, and we pledged the same fraternity and and and that's that's how we met. We met the first day of being online pledging our fraternity, Like they make you walk into a room and like you're unveiled and you're meeting your future line brothers. Like Juwan was one of those guys, and we just hit it off, and you know, we found out that we had a lot of similarities and just casually, like when you're pledging, like you're literally with these guys for six seven, eight weeks at a time, day in day out. You're like you're with these people all day long, and it's not unnormal just to be talking about random things. You know, you're talking about the girl, the people you're dating, or you're talking about your family backgrounds, and you're leaving set, you know, maybe at like three four o'clock in the morning, and somebody might say something funny which leads to, like, you know, a story that someone starts telling, and then that's how you start unraveling, go down this rabbit hole of ghosts and like stuff you believe in religion and God and the devil and angels and all the aliens. Like you start talking about all type of crazy stuff when you're with your friends late at night, and then you just you realize that, like, you know, some people actually have had experiences that they may or may not have ever talked about because they felt like it was taboo or no one else has ever done anything, or no one else has ever experienced anything similar. And Jaa was just one of those guys that, you know, he heard one of our stories and he was like, dang man, let me tell you what happened to me. And then yeah, that's kind of where it was birth for m.
Speaker 3: So what had happened to you up until that point.
Speaker 2: So I'm from Dallas, Texas, right, and so both of my parents are from Texas. My mother is from East Texas and my father is from West Texas, and West Texas is a small town called mcay Mee.
Speaker 4: Texas, and this town is like, this is like.
Speaker 2: The oil country of West Texas, the plains where it's like you can stand on your patio, man and see a mile out because it's just plains. It's hot. It's just a hot flat land place. Like literally, there's oil pumps out there. Man, Like, there's nothing out there but the town mcay me It had this black side of town and had his white side of town. It had a black post office, a white post office, a blackpool and a white pool. Man Like, It's just that type of place in West Texas. Right. So my grandmother I was visiting her one summer and I had an older cousin who lived out there too, So I had to be seven. My older cousin had to be maybe nineteen twenty at the time. She had a best friend. Her best friend was dating a guy. They got into a domestic dispute. The guy was working for the animal controls. We went out to his truck and got the rifle that they used for the animals. He shot his girlfriend and he shot himself. She survived. He ended up dying. Mind you. This is a small town in West Texas. Everyone knows everyone, so when word got out what happened, and this was very close to my family because it was my cousin's best friend. And when the guy died, my grandmother and her best friend decided they wanted to go to the funeral home to view the body during the wake, and so my grandmother took me with him, this first time ever seeing a dead body. And I remember walking into the church, going up into the casket with my grandmother and her friend and seeing this guy laying down in his casket, and I never forget he had on a light gray jacket, a white shirt, and a skinny black tie. And I remember looking at him and at seven, like I wasn't naives, Like I knew the story that he shot himself, and I knew in my mind like if someone shot themselves, like they should look messed up. But he looked like, genuinely he was just sleeping. And I remember asking my grandmother. I was like, Mama, like if he killed himself, like why does he look like he's just sleeping? You know? She brushed it off. She was like, that's because they do a good job here. So when it is my time, y'all, make sure y'all bring me here, like you know what I mean, like trying to make it seem like the funeral home just did a great job on the work on this guy. And so I'm looking at his body and literally, my grandmother's friend asked me. She said, Dayalen, have you ever touched the dead body? I'm seven, I'm seven. If I said yes, it would.
Speaker 4: Have been a problem, you know what.
Speaker 2: I Oh, y'all do this all the time. Nah. So she grabs my hand and puts it on the chest of this guy in the casket, and I remember looking up in fear at her as she's holding my hand, and I'm looking at my grandmama like you're not gonna do nothing, Like, first of all, you're too old to be hanging around bad influences, Like yeah, this lady, this lady is not your friend. But she, like I saw, I jected my hand back from the body and that was it. We left.
Speaker 3: Why would she want you to touch the te potty?
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen to this day.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's like a movie, like a bunch of teenagers in the woods, Like come.
Speaker 2: On, listen, I tell people all the time, and it felt like a gang initiation, like what you'll try to get me to do? But so yeah, so we leave.
Speaker 4: And then that was that.
Speaker 2: That night, I remember being in my grandmother's home and I was laying on the couch sleep. It had to be like two three o'clock in the morning. And literally, you know how like in older people's houses they put like the plastic over the couch yea, you know, saying it exactly back in the day. So that's how my grandmother's couch was. So I was sleep on it with my blanket, and I remember waking up in the middle night and I don't know if I can cuss on here or not, but I bull yeah, I bullshit you not. I wake up in the middle of the night and I look into the kitchen. The kitchen is adjacent to the living room, and in the doorframe was that same young man. He was wearing the same thing, that light gray jacket, white shirt and a skinny black tie, and he was leaning up against the doorframe looking into the peering into the living room where I was sleeping. And when I woke up and saw that, I screamed as loud as I could, and my grandmother come running in there. She grabs me. I'm stuck to the plastic of the couch, sweating, peeling myself off this couch, screaming, and she's like, what's wrong with you? Boy? Was wrong? Was wrong?
Speaker 4: And I just.
Speaker 2: Literally point to the kitchen and she turns and looks like nothing is there, and I was just like, it freaked me out. It freaked me out. It freaked me out. And to this day, that was when I was seven. I'm thirty five now, so I was almost thirty years ago, and I've always wondered like, was it a or did by touching this body, did I have some type of attachment that maybe followed me home that night and showed itself to me. I don't know, thinking about it now, like it still makes me like, but that always that's what That was the catalyst that would set the tone for me always being curious about the paranormal.
Speaker 3: Were you raised in a belief system that you know, like, did you guys believe in this stuff?
Speaker 2: So my mother is a pastor of a church. So she's the head pastor of her church in Dallas, Texas. Yeah, so she's been my head pastor since I was like in the third grade. So I grew up in the church before that, like before that, she was doing Bible study in the house. And my mom is like deeply rooted in Christ. So she's been preaching, like I said, forever. And so, yeah, I grew up in church. So I grew up believing in God, believing in heaven and Hell. But you're always taught, especially in southern Black church in Black community, you're told that, you know, it's kind of jokingly, but the only ghost that we acknowledge is the holy ghost, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, you don't really acknowledge ghosts. Anything else is considered demonic or a demon or the devil. Like, so we never played with that type of stuff, never acknowledge that type of stuff. So it is kind of weird being an adult and kind of like you know, essentially venturing left a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you talk to like what does your family think of your TV show?
Speaker 2: So what's dope about my mom? Man? Even though she's a pastor and everything, like she's never you know, they say, like preachers kids are the worst kids, because like, yeah, exactly, man, but I guess you could say that. But like my mom is always She's never like she's always brought me up in the church. But I don't feel like she has ever put these unrealistic expectations on me just for being the preacher's kid, you know what I'm saying. Like I was still a yeah, like I was still getting in trouble, Like I was still Like it wasn't like he's over I don't know, like he's overbearing expectations for me. Like I was still allowed to get in trouble, you know what I mean. Like it wasn't like you're the preacher's kid. Sit down, you gotta you know, sit in your room and read your Bible all day long. Like Nah, she let me be a kid like you know me, like I get to spend it for school, for fight like he was. She allowed me to be a normal person, so that I think that has always bred in me, the freedom to explore and to ask questions. And so it just wasn't until I was an adult that I knew that, you know, I saw that this ghost hunting thing was actually a thing, and I tried it. And it's just we've just been fortunate enough that God blessed us with the opportunity to be taking this journey in front of the world. Like it's people every day that pick up a new hobby, but it's very rare that the moment you pick up a new hobby, the world to watch.
Speaker 4: You like figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean when the TV show started, was that like the beginnings of you doing.
Speaker 2: So what happened was Juana and well, all three of us have a background in television, So Juwan and I worked in wardrobe for BT. So all the shows in Atlanta that shot on BT, from the Monique Show to Let's Stay Together to like whatever of the game, like all those shows that played on BET, we worked on those shows doing wardrobe. Marcus worked on a lot of those shows doing hair. So literally we're watching TV shows be made every single day, but we're not thinking too much of it. And it wasn't until one night Jawanna and I were roommate. This is after college, this is us working for BT in our earlier years, our younger years, and I was watching one of the ghost Hunter shows late at night, in and out of sleep, and I was like, dang, man, like, I wonder why I don't see any representation to me on any of these shows. I don't see any black people. I don't see any gay people. I don't see any like, like, just like there was no representation other than straight white male honey ghosts on TV like that was it, Like no other representation, And so I was like, dang, Like, I know other people handle stuff differently, and I can speak from the perspective of being a black male. I know we handle fear totally different, you know what I mean, Like these guys are going to hear brave, but like as an everyday average person, black male, shit, I be petrified going into this situation, you know what I mean. And then with my Southern Christian beliefs or upbringing and being taught that you ain't supposed to play with this stuff and the devil, I'm already a little hesitant. So I was just curious how that would look. And I've never seen it before. So we were looking for black ghost hunters to see if we could find any, and literally we looked high and low and couldn't find any black people doing it. So we were like, shit, we might as well try.
Speaker 3: I think about that all the time. I mean, I think representation is so important, and that's one thing that I love about what you guys have done because I feel the same way where I'm like, I don't see anybody like me in this world of paranormal, So I guess I have to be the one to do it, and I'm happy.
Speaker 2: To do exactly exactly, And all it takes is for someone to see it and for them to give whatever that the spotlight to be shed on it, and it just has to be the right time. So, like I said, we we end up going. We went on craigs List because we knew all right to shoot this concept. You know what I mean to see to make a do a ghost hunting show. We don't know anything about equipment. We don't know anything about ghost hunting, so all we know is shit. You need a camera and you ask questions, Maybe get a Wiji board, maybe get you know me, get a recorder. But that's the shit of our knowledge of doing this. So we went on craigs List and put an ad on Craig was looking for someone with a camera that could film us doing a documentary. So we get a response from a guy named Spike Spielberg.
Speaker 3: So that is that a real name, famous directors.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what he did. That is exactly what he did. So he looks like a person like when you meet him, you'll be like, oh, okay, yeah, you seem like the type of guy that would combine the two names of some people to make your moniker.
Speaker 4: But so he's this.
Speaker 2: Big, old hood, tall black dude. Like, nothing wrong with it. I'm just giving you the facts, big old hood black dude. He has like a white Beater T shirt on, he has like a black and mile a cigar in his mouth, and he literally has a camera, which is a great camera. But do you remember, I'm not sure how old you are, but do you remember the thing that people used to put on the steering wheel to lock the steering wheel.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, the claw or something whatever it's called. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So back in the day before like all the back when people had the alarms where the viper protected by viper step, back like back when car security was really big, they had this little metal bar you can put on the steering wheel and locks your steering wheels or people try to steer your steal your car, they can't steer the steering wheel because it's this big metal clamp locke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he had this big metal clamp, the claw, from that you put on your steering wheel. And he had duct taped his camera to the claw to make a steady cam. So he holds these metal bars and he can get a really clean shot while he's walking and moving because the camera is now duct taped to these bars. So he had like hood rigged all these equipment to do it.
Speaker 3: You know how many times I have duct taped my phone to the wall to film an audition or something.
Speaker 2: Exactly what you had. You gotta do what you gotta do. But we get him and he comes and we're like, look, here's the deal, and be completely honest with you. We're gonna be hunting ghosts and we're gonna be driving to Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 4: And you would have.
Speaker 2: Thought this dude like has seen a ghost the way he reacted, we told him, but he was down. He was down, And this was probably like one of the craziest things that happened to us. We went all the way to Savannah, Georgia to just try to film this idea of these black guys hunting ghosts. And we get to Savannah running to this white lady in the middle of the square in downtown Savannah, and we just start talking to her. She's behind like this little information desk and she's like, what are you guys here for? And we're like, you know, we're here to hunt ghosts. And she was like okay, she was like, meet me at this address at nine o'clock tonight.
Speaker 4: What okay. So we don't ask.
Speaker 2: Too many questions, but we meet her at this address at nine o'clock that night and we get to do square and there's a group of people congregating outside that look like they're about to go on a tour, and so we joined the tour and we see this lady, but she doesn't look like she looked earlier in the day. Now she's dressed in like eighteen hundreds garb. Right, she looked like she literally just walked out of like eighteen fifty four Gone with the Wind type shit, and like it's there. But she's like standing off to the side and no one saying anything to her. But we're not thinking anything. We're like, all right, we're just gonna join this tour. We didn't even say anything to her. We you know, gave her a little head nod, but nothing crazy. You know. We joined the tour, but we found out that it's a hunted, walking drinking tour of Savannah. So we walked through all these different bars of downtown Savannah. This tour guide is stopping giving us ghost stories, telling us about all the crazy things that's happened in these locations. But every place that we went to, this woman is always off in the distance, right, nobody saying anything tour, nobody's acknowledging her. But every place that we go, she's literally dressed in her eighteen hundreds garb lingering off in the distance.
Speaker 3: This is the same woman from before.
Speaker 2: This is the same woman that we bumped into earlier in the day. Okay, okay, I know it sounds weird, but just follow me. So she's literally we go to like six locations. Every location she's off in the distance by herself, either in a corner or like off to the side or across the street. Like just weird. So the tour is like two two and a half hours, it's over. It's eleven thirty maybe midnight. Now it ends in downtown Savannah. Everyone disperses to go home. Me Juwan and this hood Spike Spielberg are standing there. The woman comes from across the street. Once everyone leaves, and she was like, hey, do you guys want to hear some stories? And we was like, damn, Like it's midnight. This old white lady dressing eighteen hundred guard like she wanted to still kick it with us, Like I wouldn't even want to kick it with us. It's like if I would have bumped into us that late at night in downtown Savannah. And of course we like, we're here to see where this trip takes us. So we was like all right, So she literally walks us through downtown Savannah, Georgia. If they ever been in downtown Savannah, they have like all these different courtyards with these big weeping willow trees hanging down, like it just looks like old South Plantation. Savannah's just an old city. It's beautiful, but it looks like a lot of shit happened.
Speaker 3: There back in the day super Haunted.
Speaker 2: Super Haunted. So as we're walking through these courtyards, she's like, oh, yeah, so there's a spirit of a young boy that was hung from a tree back in eighteen fifty four here. But then we're walking in the building, she said, yeah, if you look in that window, there's the spirit of a young man who back in the game he used to run this building when he was Da Da Da Dae. So we're literally walking through downtown for about an hour and she's just telling.
Speaker 4: Us all every corner we took.
Speaker 2: Every she would point to a building and be like, there's a spirit of so and so here, Like she just knew everything and everyone. So like we're vetted into this, like investing into this woman in her stories.
Speaker 4: And we're walking and we're walking.
Speaker 2: And she just stops and she was like, before you leave here, make sure you tell every spirit to stay and they're not.
Speaker 4: Welcome to follow you home.
Speaker 2: And we was like huh. She was like, make sure you tell all the spirits to stay and they're not welcome to follow you home. Say it now, So Me, Jawan, and Spike we all said it at the same time, and she kind of was just like it was like okay. So we started walking and we get to a corner and she was like, Hey, can I show you guys one more thing? And I was like sure, what is it? She was like, I want to take you to this cemetery. It's right around the corner.
Speaker 4: And I was like, shit, hey, yeah, but you want.
Speaker 2: To Spike was like hell no, bro, We're not going to follow this old white lady into a graveyard. Bro, we don't know what's about to happen around your bed. And I was like, okay, yah, you're right, you're right right right. I need to chill. So I told her. I was like, you know what, thank you, but you know, we feel like you've shown us a lot, like we appreciate that.
Speaker 3: We just make you guys walking down like there's probably people out at bars or something like the window eighteen hundred woman.
Speaker 2: I probably so we literally she's like, okay, so we're at this. You know, we're at the end of the street. So you either can turn right or you can turn left. You can't go straight. Either can turn right or left. So we turned right. She turns left, and I promise you, hand to god. We probably took five and I turned around to look at her and she was gone, like there was no one there, Like I mean I only took five steps. And this is an old lady like Shohnny couldn't run that fast, right, Like she couldn't be in the corner like she like that fast, and like there was no place for her to turn into nothing.
Speaker 4: Like literally we turned around, we.
Speaker 2: Took four to five steps and I turned back, gone, gone.
Speaker 3: Is I have goosebumps and all of you guys, three of.
Speaker 2: Us the whole time.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: But what makes it crazy was that we started thinking was that's when we started to think back, like, damn, nobody did talk to her when we was walking this whole time, you know what I'm saying. She was like we thought it was weird that she was off the side, But now thinking back, like nobody even said anything to her, you know what I mean, Like nobody was like, oh man, it's a nice outfit, Like you know what I mean, Yeah, nobody said nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if that's like somebody cosplaying or something like, they want they want the compliments, they want people to talk to them.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Wait a minute, actually, so.
Speaker 3: But what was she If you guys would look at her during the tour, was she staring at you?
Speaker 2: She would be like off to the side, watching the group. So the group it was probably honestly, it's probably like fifteen, no more than twenty people. And so the way that it works is they take you to a bar. You're walking, so you probably walk maybe five or six blocks, but you're stopping at these haunted bars you go in, you buy a drink. Maybe the attic of this one bar may bee haunting. So they'll take you up to the attic. So it'll be fifteen of us in this big, huge attic, and like I remember specifically, it was one one location. They made us stand in a circle in the attic and then they were saying that like there's usually a spirit somewhere here that will walk in between people, and here la and we all stood in this circle, but the lady was in the corner like watching all of us. But nobody said anything though, And that's what blew me. Like the dude who was running the show, like he didn't say, hey, come on, like come get in here.
Speaker 3: But it's so weird that like the three of you were the only ones that saw her, Like that's so strange.
Speaker 2: But again, I I don't know what anyone else saw. I just know no one else acknowledged her. Could everybody else could have saw the same thing. They could have been saying the same thing.
Speaker 4: Like why in the corner? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But nobody seemed to be drawn to you guys.
Speaker 2: For sure, Yeah, she definitely was. She definitely was for her to come up to us afterwards for her to we would have never went to that location if she would have never met her earlier in the day, and she just gave us this random address.
Speaker 3: But what was she wearing earlier in the day.
Speaker 2: Was she wearing regular clothes? And that's the thing. That's the thing. They didn't even it was the same lady, but you wouldn't have recognized her. So when we saw her early in the day, she just looked normal. But that night she had this garb on, and it wasn't until you had to really look and be like, oh shit, that's the lady from.
Speaker 4: Earlier in the day.
Speaker 2: Wow, he was one of the Like when we walked up, she didn't greet us or anything like it. We never talked to her until afterwards when she walked up to us. It was like, can I show you some more shit?
Speaker 3: This story is insane, man, I.
Speaker 2: Know, it's the craziest shit. It's literally the craziest shit that's ever happened. But what I take away from that is, ever since then, every location that we've ever gone to, before we leave, we make sure to tell the spirits to stay and not follow us. All. We feel like that was the purpose of all of that.
Speaker 3: We never knew that.
Speaker 2: We never knew that, we never heard of that, And sorry, go ahead, No, I was gonna say, I was gonna say. I think by her making us say that in the moment stopped her from maybe being attached to us. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Total crazy. Yeah, I don't know, man, I don't know shit that shit. Ma.
Speaker 3: Weren't you guys filming? Was she on the camera at all?
Speaker 2: So we went out tell me how crazy this is? So we went out there with all the intentions to film. So we we we rented to investigate because we went out there to investigate a location. So it was like a seventeen ten inn or something or seventeen ninety in So we bought a room where this is supposed to be hind it and that's where we were going to investigate. But we met this lady. She'd had us to meet her at this address, so we we had a GoPro camera and when we got to the location where she gave us the address and we realized it was a tour. The man that ran the tour saw our camera and he was like, you can't have cameras here. Cut your cameras off on this tool. Wow, So we couldn't even have our cameras on that whole time that we were, you know, me walking around and stuff. And by the time it was over, we're just walking with this lady. We're not even thinking about it anymore. Like now it's just we're just walking. Because our whole purpose of bringing Spikes Pielberg was to film our investigation, which was at this hotel. But we met this lady and earlier in the day that had us to just meet her at this random location with turn into this whole random adventure, so that was all dead.
Speaker 3: She must work for the tour, like she must be a ghost that they have on payroll because she's like getting people to get to buy tickets.
Speaker 2: It almost felt like you know that game, that three card money game, and it's always like three people working together, Like it's the person that like the three shell game where they have like a person on the street and even like have the cup and they put a thing in the cup and you gotta find but there's always like three people working together, like you always have one person that like wins the money and they're getting the crowd excited, like, oh, she's winning that I can win, not knowing that she's working.
Speaker 3: Yes, plant, yeah, yeah, oh my god. Well, it would have been funny if she's a real ghost, like which I definitely believe she is from what you say, Like, it would be funny if she was just sitting in the corner, like as the guy's telling the story and then this is where the person that if she was like, no, it didn't happen, if she's just hackling the whole time, right right, But we do laugh.
Speaker 4: We'll not really laugh, but we talk about it now.
Speaker 2: We're like, dang, what do you think she could have wanted to show us in the cemetery? Like where what was that? Where was that going to end? Like you know, if we did go what where were we going to go? And she was like, I want to show you something in this cemetery. It was only because she said cemetery that Jawanna and Spike was like, hell no, Like, have you.
Speaker 3: Guys thought about doing this as an episode, like going back and looking for her?
Speaker 2: We talked about it because we went back to Savannah. So every year now we do Ghost Brothers Weekend and it's in Savannah. It's always holiday weekend, and yeah, we do investigations. People fly out. We brought it in Chip Coffee last year, so yeah, we make this big event and we found ourselves in that same courtyard where we met her probably last year, and it was just me and Joan were just.
Speaker 4: Talking about it.
Speaker 2: But nah, she wasn't there, but we were in that same spot and it just brought back all those emotions and memories.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about race because you guys obviously you know, I love that you talk about it, and it's wonderful that, like now so much of the country is having these great conversations about race and you guys, I mean, you guys have been around for a couple of years now, and I just think it's amazing that you guys, I mean you even say, like in the intro of the show, like why is everyone so white? And you like actually address it. You know, sadly in America, the history concerning race and black people and especially is dark and you can't avoid it. And I think some paranormal shows yeah kind of gloss over maybe at times, or you know, they they talk about it in a different way. And is that is that something that you guys, uh, you know, is that intentional that you guys go to you know, underground railroad stops and plantations and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So no, to answer your question, let me tell you why. So when we came into it, we shot all of this stuff for Ghost Brothers years ago, years before we got on television. Right, So, once we got all this footage and stuff with Spikes Fieldberg, we didn't know what to do with it. We didn't know what we were doing. We just were trying to just do something we have never seen before. We didn't have a plan for it.
Speaker 4: So once we edited all.
Speaker 2: The footage, we just put it on YouTube and literally I moved to La to do some other stuff. Man, probably like four or five years later, I'm driving for Uber, right, and so I get an email randomly while I have a customer in a car. I'm at a ran light and I look at my email and someone has seen my cliff that we put on YouTube, and Destination America, who's owned by Discovery Channel, reached out to us, and that's how we got saw to do the TV show. So this was a time where I don't know if you remember, there was a time probably about in twenty sixteen that campaign Oscar So White where Oscar Yeah? Right, So during that right, after that, an influx of like minority television was approved in greenlit for TV. So this is right throughing the window of Remember Blackish came out on the what's that the show with the Asian Americans all fresh off the boat came out. Yeah, so all of these minority driven television shows were green light green lit in this era and we were a part of that with the Discovery Family being the first black paranormal shows and so in coming in they linked us up with a production company and it's kind of crazy. It's like, and it sucks, man that there's no all right, the little bit of diversity you see on television, it's equal to or even more the lack of diversity you see behind the scenes as well, if that makes sense, You know what I'm saying. It's the same, right, So the same type of faces you see OTV are the same type of faces running the show behind it, and you have them trying to create content for minorities, but they aren't a part of that minority. It's like trying to have a straight mail or write a role for, you know, a trans person, Like if you don't understand any of that, how can you write to relate to create for that, you know what I mean? Does that make sense? Can a white person write something for the perspective of a black person if you don't, if you didn't grow up, no live face the same things. And we find that in television. It just seemed like when we got the show, they linked us up with this production company who was all white people, which is fine, cool, super dope, But it seems like every location that they were throwing at us at first was like it was like, all right, here's the first one. This one's a stop on the underground railroad. All right, that's cool. All right. Episode two, we're gonna take you to this slave plantation and in Louisiana. Al Right, okay, all right, okay. Is that all we're looking for? You know what I'm saying, like black Ghost, that is that? Is that the direction that we're going with this show? And we had to have that conversation. And but once that conversation was found, we had to realize, like, there's nothing wrong with that, and it's super dope because we get to offer a perspective that wasn't naturally offered in the in the past. So like that and that's an honor We had to look at it like, bro, we're looking at it backwards, like we're like, why y'all keep throwing us in these black situations because we're black. But then it's like hell no, it's like you're getting the opportunity to speak for these situations. So, like in the.
Speaker 3: Past, stories are being told that people don't really.
Speaker 2: Hear exactly exactly. But you have like the Magnolia Plantation episode where the story was the slaves of this plantation are hunting this place. But in all actuality, we go there and we start doing research and we find out that, oh, so they rip these slaves from Africa, brought them to this plantation in Louisiana, and the only thing that they left them with was their religion and then their religon and they practice Hoodoo in Africa, which is, you know, this whole religion that kind of is similar to Christianity. But you have this one slave on the plantation who's essentially the voodoo priests. Yeah you call her Voodoo priests. That's essentially their spiritual counselor of the slaves, and in their ideology, they pray for protection. They don't have any weapons, they don't have any way to protect themselves. They're forced into slavery by these white counterparts, and all they have is their faith to get them through day to day. So and then their faith this voodoo priests. What she would do is the slaves would give her small trinkets for them. She would pray over those trinkets, and to provide protection for the slaves, she would bury these trinkets around her cabin and perform some type of ceremony. Flash forward to today, some archaeologists was digging.
Speaker 4: Around, as motherfucker dug up all of.
Speaker 2: These shits, and now like all hell is breaking loose on this planlantation, and so like our white counterparts who went to investigate, it was, oh, this plantation is you know, being hunted by these these the you know, the slaves of Da Da Da dah. But when we got there, it was like the energy was totally different. It was the explanation of this is all we had was our faith. No, we aren't doing this for no reason, you know what I'm saying, Like this is all that we could do. You know what I'm saying, Like we didn't have any way to protect ourselves other than protection and prayer and faith. So it just allows us to look at certain stories from a different light. For us being on a plantation and looking up in the sky has seen a thousand stars in these deep country Louisiana back road plantations. But you realizing, like, damn, two hundred years ago, your ancestors couldn't have looked up in the sky and appreciated this, because shit, they would have got their ass beat. You know what I'm saying, like taking for granted these little small moments, and it's just yeah, I don't know, it's like we've learned so much and we've been open and introduced so many different things because of this opportunity.
Speaker 4: Like I'm forever grateful for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well I could talk to you for forever, but I'm realizing we're like going over time, and I hope that we can talk to you again, maybe when the season comes out, or.
Speaker 2: For sure for sure, we would love to and I can get the guys and come on too.
Speaker 3: Please, Oh my god, what a pleasure. Well, thank you, I really appreciate your time. And this should be posted in a couple of weeks, and good luck with the shooting of.
Speaker 2: The Thank you, thank you so much, and best of luck with your show super dope. I love that you're doing it. Definitely spread the word and yeah, we're definitely looking forward to coming back. Yeah, we would love to come back once the show gets out or getting ready to come out, so we can talk about that more and our new experiences and all of that. So cool.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you so much, have a great day you too. Thank you, wow, thank you so much to Dylan, and I hope at some point to have the other Ghost brothers on the show, and I hope to have Daylan back and we can hear some EVPs. Again, I apologize about that, but if you want to hear more of our conversation, head on over to patreon dot com slash ras dres Falas and you click on the second tier called on with the show. It's Halloween time, guys, and I always appreciate you telling your friends and family about this podcast and anyone that you think might enjoy it. People are looking for spooky things to listen to, so I always appreciate an instant story or a post or just you know, good old fashioned word of mouth. So I appreciate you. Guys. Please give me five stars on Apple Podcasts if you haven't done so already, and if you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review or in our Facebook group called Ghosted. Explanation point by Roz dress Fales. I want to do a listener episode pretty soon, so please send me your listener stories to Ghosted bye Roz at gmail dot com, and please put in the subject line listener episode. I am on Cameo, rozdres Vales Patreon, rozdres Vellas, Instagram, ro I'm all over the place, so please come find me. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 1: Come on
Speaker 3: A podcast network