Speaker 1: Go further with the American Express Business Gold Card. Earn three times membership rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels when you book through mxtravel dot com. Whether your destination is a business conference or a client meeting, your purchases will help you earn more points for future trips. Experience more on your travels with MX Business Gold Term Supply. Learn more at AmericanExpress dot com, Slash Business Dash goold MS Business Gold Card Build for Business by American Express.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is me Joey p jop Zappeia with me of course is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts, the Crackerjacks hanging out here on our twitch Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. That's right, that's where you can join us live Monday through Friday. You watch, you subscribe. If you subscribe using your Amazon Prime you get to also enter our home run contest for free on our day. There's so many things to plug a fun night in Major League Baseball. And of course for those of you watching on our YouTube channel, if you missed yesterday, you got Mario. You got Luigi, you got what you asked for. Twenty five thousand subscribers. Subscribe on the YouTube channel. If you're watching us back, I want to shout out somebody on our YouTube channel. Yesterday too, I found the comment I was looking for. I want to go to. I believe it's Dan Uber six point thirty one. Thanks guys. I had a rough day at work and that intro really turned my day around. That's what it's all about. We want to make people smile, we want to make people think. We want to talk some baseball, and there was some baseball to talk about and some bets to cash yesterday. It was a good day. Welsh was the.
Speaker 3: Very good dad, Thank you clean sweep. I was two and one back on the home run board. I should be on the board today unless everybody is at six. I'm now have five. And by the way, I love the comment how you were like, You're like, what was that really difficult name? Dan Uber? Like the easiest name on the planet, and you were acting like it was like some twenty letter things.
Speaker 1: Well you know.
Speaker 2: All under you know, score letters, a case letter. So she's kinda like, uh, I want to make sure I'm saying it right.
Speaker 3: It will be funny, don you Bill, it could be.
Speaker 2: It could be some sort of aferential name.
Speaker 3: I do that new Well, Dan, We're glad we made your day a little bit better. It was very goofy because I forgot I had the Mario stuff on, and then I was like walking through my house and then my family's like looking at me, and I'm like what, and I'm like, oh, yeah, I got the Mario on. But we had a lot of fun. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it. But then vede gude yesterday and I'm excited to get into today.
Speaker 2: Yes. Also remember free stuff, So we're giving away a Nico Horner jersey for free courtesy of our friends at Pristine Auction dot com if you comment below on this or any video on our YouTube channel, and of course the way you win it is to subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB. You do that, you comment, you bring the belt to the ghost ding and the Nico Horner jersey. Poo can be yours. One of the best base dealers in Major League Baseball right there for you, So get in on it as soon as you pop. We can. Remember, we'll be doing a lot of giveaways all season long, so make sure you get this Nico Horner jersey for free from Pristine auction dot com. Again ring the belt to the ghostding subscribe comment. It's just that easy, my friends. All right, let's get to the headlines. Let's get to some baseball, because, like I said, it was a fun night of Major League baseball. I want to start with Fernando Tatis, our padre boy, Michael Kelly, our producer, very excited. He launched the ball yesterday, Ace pitching staff, his struggle bus. We'll get to them a little bit later on in the program. Tatis two for four with a homer in the win over the Athletics yesterday. He's got a nine to ninety seven ops over the first eleven games. Is this the special season for Tatis that we've been waiting for? Maybe, just maybe at twenty six years old, we're finally going to get the complete Tatis in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: The special, I don't know. There's different types of versions of special. Sometimes they're medically enhanced, and sometimes the talent just comes out. But yeah, I think we underestimate so many times, just lagging injury, whether it's coming off of something significant. I actually saw a tattoos last year rehabbing out in Peoria, and that really carried through the season. He talked about it right out the shoot, saying, listen, I could barely move, you know, my legs weren't going, and his legs are going now. But not only that, it's the bat. I mean, he looks like he is ready to set career highs and stolen bases. The small sample size of what the bat looks like right now is through the roof barrel percentage would be like the third highest of his career, fifty percent hard hit rate. He's not straight. He's actually walking more than he's striking out. Again, it's like, you know, ten days or whatever the hell it is, but he's walking more than he's striking out. Every ounce of that batting profile looks at the tippy top, and I think Tatus is I just did a Dynasty update on it, and looking at like Tatis versus Mookie Betts, I think he's moving kind of out of that range. He's going to slow down a little bit, but I'm very much in that Tatis is going to have one of those big seasons, probably in the thirty thirty range, as long as he can stay healthy, that's it.
Speaker 2: As long as he can do Yeah, Like that's the big thing. It's putting in a full, like one hundred and fifty plus game season. That's what we're looking forward to make that big difference. Also, maybe we'll know if that could be potentially a little MVP ish kind of conversation. Who knows how O Tani's healthy. You never know what happens the division, and l is tough man about the NL West being tough. Right now, the Padres, the Dodgers, and the Giants, three of the top four best eras in baseball, three of the best records in baseball, all in the same division. I mean it's wild.
Speaker 3: And then you have the right the Diamondbacks that are just kind of floating down. I mean, the Rockies are like the little step child that's sit over there. But then the Rockies there. But talking about the award market, just want to throw this out because I know this is going to be a nice little transition in you want to talk about like the MVP race. You know, Otani is obviously going to be at the top. There's guys like Tatis that are going to bounce back up, you know, Mookie, But then you go in to the cy Young market and the two favorite are still there. In the cy Young market, it's still Paul Skins and then Zach Wheeler. But there are two other names that I think are absolutely fascinating. One is Spencer Schwellenbach. Someone put the j in there early. Of course, Schwellenbach has been absolutely elite. He's moved from like the twenty something to nine to one. Now he is in that market. And there's one other name that transitions perfectly. A dominant performance by Hunter Green yesterday and he is going to be in the cy Young kind of race here. I actually think it's a legitimate four to potentially five man race. So let's talk about Hunter Green. But the NL is just jam packed with award potential winners, really everything, but the NL Rookie of the Year seems like it has got a couple like horses that are far in front of the track.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What Welsh is referencing is last night against the Giants. There are one three to one era now for Hunter Green now for eight and two third score listenings. It took him out of the end. He almost had the complete game. I want, I understand it, I get it, But at the same time, I think it's so encouraging to let a guy go out there and try to finish his game and work through that adverse, like, how are you ever going to get past that level of education at the major league level if he don't let these kids give it a shot. And I know the reds of taking their lumps, and I know the offense has struggled, so you didn't want to get into that kind of situation. You wanted to pick up the w I get it, but I'm surprised because this is an older manager, an older throwback manager in Frankcona, but still regardless Green. Right now, if you're looking at the numbers, he has plus thirteen hundred for Cy Young. It's funny because yesterday actually put some money on Wheeler. I feel like Wheeler might be to me the real favorite here, not Skens. To be honest, I think the Phillies are gonna because I think the Phillies are gonna win this division. I think over time, I like the idea of Wheeler making thirty plus starts more than Skins. I just do. It's a velocity thing with me. We'll see I might be wrong. Schwellenbach plus nine point fifty in between Green and Wheeler greed at thirteen hundred, so I do agree. Also Schwellenbach, certainly in this mix more performances. Yesterday Gunner reloaded Gunner Hendersons swiping basses. Yesterday scored two runs, so he's getting back on track against your Diamondbacks. Rough star for Gallon. More on that to come. Double Don for Tyler, Soderstrum Homeward twice. I saw somebody in the comments earlier saying I took Cees over Soderstrum and I basically hate my life.
Speaker 3: Now, double don? Did you make that Italian don? A double don don? Double dung dong? I heard don two Dong's not the one but the two. Yeah, yeah, there you go. It's a double Does he here?
Speaker 2: Does he hear the footsteps of Nick Kurtz? That's the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I've been saying this for like the last five days. I still don't know what they do. I think that there's one clear answer. Get Rooker back in the outfield. You know you mentioned I didn't get to finish the thought. But like on Hunter Green, just real quick, the reason you don't like maybe push him and let him go a little bit further, he's just got a pretty storied injury history. Someone in the chat was like, hey, there's no way you know, blah blah blah. He got working against you is like the ballpark. His stuff is at the tippy top, ridiculous. The split finger has completely chick and his vilo is back up by two miles per hour. But the injury history is a big thing, and that's kind of like the big thing that is always like the focal point that's taking away from a lot of these players is you know, how far is that going to go. Rooker's got like an injury history as well, But get him in the outfield, Get rookie, Get Rooker back into the outfield. That's the fix here. So Soderstrom can be the first basement because he is absolutely absurd right now. The hitting profile is through the roof career highs and hard hit percentage, barrel average ev everything you'd expect, but also career low in strikeout rate, and that is a big key. You got to get Kurts though in the lineup. The dude is hitting like four hundred a million homers, but he's a d h R first base only. So the only fix to this is getting Rooker in the outfield regardless of of that injury history. But I hope he's far enough away from it put him in left field so you can get Kurts out there. But Sodostrom is a no doubt pick up right now, and he's just not owned anywhere. And there were so many first basemen too, Manzardo, Torquels and him as the beginning of the season, type of pickups that were really really worth rostering at whatever potential risk of the drop, and they might hold.
Speaker 2: All right, A couple questions, your uncle baby Billy here. Corbyn Burns is my dark horse for Cy Young. I'm a little worried about Burns. Stay tuned on the YouTube channel. We've got the trade video coming up here later today, WHILESH and I were record it right after this. So we're gonna talk about Corbyn Burns. Also, Jerry Wasso, do you sell high on Hunter Brown? No? I do not want to sell high on Hunter Brown. I want to hold Hunter Brown. I believe in Hunter Brown. I believed in him last year. So here we go. We're gonna talk about one more guy and then we're gonna get to Casey Mys. I see people want to talk about him too, Justin Steele eighth strikeouts, seven shot out innings, bounce back. Was it perfect? No? Was it solid? Yes, Otani he's good at baseball. Three for four, a two run homer, a triple and a walk Monday against the Nationals and a good start for Mackenzie Gore as well, and the Mies on the rise. Casey Byes limited the Yankees to just one run over six innings, picked up the w here Loos wants to know if you think Casey Mice continues to dominate. I don't know if he continues to dominate, but when you beat a Yankee lineup like this, I think that that is extremely encouraging. I made a comment on the sports Grid TV show on Sunday where we do a segment on two star pitchers, and I said, pick up Casey Mice now on these two starts, because one or two things are gonna happen. You can pick him up for a buck or two and stash him. You don't have to play him, but if he has two good starts, you're gonna have to pay ten x next Sunday, So pick him up. If he's terrible, you just drop him back to the waiver wire in a week. So if you listen to that, and you'll listen to some of the things we were talking about last week, then all of a sudden, Casey Mice now is on your roster and this looks pretty good. So well, she you buying the Mize.
Speaker 3: I've been buying the Mies. I've been talking about him. I love the Ferndle's comment of that, do a George ta kai oh Mize. Oh, that's what we would do with.
Speaker 2: Kate Eyes on the rise. There it is you are you.
Speaker 3: Are gonna be successful when you have a seventy four percent with rate on your split finger. He is always had in college. That was the big thing was or seventy five percent was the split fingers, split fingers a dominant pitch. The problem was is the proper setup, the proper pitch mix has always been kind of in toe of what he's going to do. He's throwing four pitches right now, double digit percentage of the time. The fastball he's putting in the zone, and he's creating strikes which you can then slurve it and splitter it and slider it, and that's where he's getting a ton of strikeouts. He's consistent right now. That's been my big hold right off the top. You know, I see that old version of Casey Mize and that's what he did against the Yankees in kind of a flurry game. But overall, you know, even as expected, Era is still in the twos, his strikeouts are at a career high. The walks have got to come down, but that comes with the big pitch mix change. I think, and I think I said this last week on the show. I think Casey Myiz was the borderline streamer to a hold, not just a streamer, but a guy that you could hold on to for a little while. And the early, the early stuff is telling you this is one hundred percent the case. I think the only decisions you really have are like, if Boo Bitch and Miz were both out there, which one do you pick? Otherwise you should just pick up MYZ and see if this keeps holding a little bit, because I kind of think it's going to be and I think he's going to be a really good like mid rotation fantasy guy, low three maybe mid three ERA with good strikeouts this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a very impressive start yesterday. Look, I know it's cold out there in Detroit. They're playing in a day game today, Day games in Detroit April. What could go wrong?
Speaker 3: We got some crazy weather today too. Boston's got like almost thirty mile an hour wins going out right. The Mets have got twenty five. We got some wins and some potential flurry. I love this, Like, let's get like no and oh yeah.
Speaker 2: He's a fan. He's a fan. I'm also a fan of our fans. So new subscribers always coming to the twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy pros. We love to shout them out. Well, she got anybody who's new here today joining us as a sub.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple dudes. We got a Goldie Monkey, which is like it's an A plus name. We got Todds both subscribe on the Prime, which you guys can do. Tons of new followers. We are closing in on that hundred marker. We're closing in on seven hundred followers as well. You guys can do it. Attach your Amazon Prime account to Twitch, get rid of ads, be a sub, be great, or be awesome. It also can get you in on the discord where you can do the home run contest with us where I should be on the leaderboard today. Also point out someone said, where can.
Speaker 2: I mention that once?
Speaker 3: Or nice?
Speaker 2: I just want to say, I'm excited. That's you got one more.
Speaker 3: Now fantasypros dot Com slash chat. If you want to just straight up join the discord, somebody asked earlier. But shout out to everybody that keeps supporting us here, and also shout out to our YouTube people for all the great comments. All right, let's roll.
Speaker 2: Well, shure you're going to be on the home run board today.
Speaker 3: I don't know, we'll have to see. That doesn't count as me saying it. We'll talk about it later.
Speaker 2: Okay, do we drop job for Myz? I say yes, one hundred percent, yes, Uh yeah, I would be cool with I think Myz is further along in his development at the major league level that he's taking his lumps already, and I think maybe has come out the other side of it. So I think this is absolutely the kind of move you want to make here. Also, we've got the pole ready, so we've been talking about the pole for a while here on the five strikeout night if we've already had two of them so far this year, so we're already over. So here's what's going on. We're going to post this poll right now on Twitch Live. It's going to be live for ten minutes, So get your votes in everybody. I see we're almost at one hundred people watching live here already today. So the five or the I'm sorry, four options are the five A tracks there you go in honor of our sponsor here on the show. The Sinco Stinko, which I gotta say, I think I'm coming around to the Sinco Stinko. The Spicy Margarita, which was the original name that we threw out there, but then again, we're the show with the people we.
Speaker 3: Like to be excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the malort which is disgusting and horrible. So you've got the alert, the five's of tracks, the Sinko Stinko, the Spicy Margarito. Those are your options. Let the pole run supreme.
Speaker 3: You have one that you love, I have one that I personally.
Speaker 2: I think the Sinco Stinko is where I'm landing here. I've had some more time to marinate on it, and I think that's where I'm going. We're you go. If I had a vote, I can't vote because I'm a host of the show. You can't vote. We can't win the Sosa Jersey. There's a lot of restrictions here on us. Very rude.
Speaker 3: I I hate that, Yeah, I don't like it. Yeah. No, Sinko Stinko's the one that always makes me laugh. I did like the spicy margarita, but Sinko Stinko, it just it fits. It's it's perfect, and then we can have this great thing on Cinco de Mayo. We need to have a Cinco Stinko. Oh just everything will come together beautifully. But that's what our vote. Let us not push you, guys into where you want to vote, though. I will say the early voting is heavily heavily Sinco Stinko. But we'll check back in it in like eight minutes or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, got plenty of time to get your feelings felt or something like that. Looks through the three up and three down here, Hayden was nesk Up struck out five over seven innings, and they're gonna need him too because they're gonna be missing another picture from their rotation. More on that when they get to the injuries. But was Nesky another guy who had a two start week this week, another one that I talked about on Sunday on the TV show too, so one that you can and again pick up at least to see how I was going. At one point we were high on west Nesky when he was a cub and just it didn't really work out for him. The Astros have a good track record of getting the most out of young pictures. We've seen that in the past these last you know, five six years or so. Was Nesky's performance any comments feelings about what you saw yesterday and that went over the Mariners?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's well. The problem is the Mariners in general, their offense has been kind of stuttered. They're a team if you're chasing strikeout props, like if you've got a good strikeout picture, you want to kind of attack them. I just, you know, the offense in general has stuttered, and we found out I don't know if it's on here, but like Victor Robless, he officially had dislocated his shoulder. I watched the video too, By the way, I don't do that. I did that on ITL like Bogman made me watch. It made me feel very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Think it's it's not Jason Kendall running in you know, his ankle tournament.
Speaker 3: No, that would make me mad. I would I get physically mad. It's that when I watched that kind No, it's.
Speaker 2: Not Moises Alou his foot at second base. It just made me.
Speaker 3: When I saw it, I was like, oh, but the whole point again is just like that offense. They replaced him with Dominic can zone, so that offense is not great. So all of that decided to come back to Wisnowski. Yeah, I think he's like, I think he's in that streamer range like him and Job. That's why I'm comfortable dropping Job or even like a guy like him for mines because I think miss taking the step above maybe just not being a streamer and a hold. If you're a streamer like I'll I'll put Wiznoski out there against like, you know, subpar offenses because I think there's good stuff. I just don't know if we're in the point where we're wanting to hold yet.
Speaker 2: Look, Mike Mayer, look trying to live in the past. The platinum sombrero. It's stupid, it's lame, it's a bad name.
Speaker 3: Read the room Mayor.
Speaker 2: It's lazy. That's what that is. Again, It's it's the same thing of calling everybody a Rod and j Rod and t Rod and all this studie. It's like Joe Girardi level thought process.
Speaker 3: And it's like a dance competition. Why are we calling it a golden sombrero for four and then a platinum Like this is like dance.
Speaker 2: There's one sombrero. That's it. Okay, that's it. And if they're all hat based, you know, that's different. If that's your argument. Because we've gone from the hat trick to the golden sombrero, then it has to be a bigger hat. It's the ten gallon something. I don't know whatever it is, but you know what, I think we just move right past that and the sinko Stinko.
Speaker 3: Negative today.
Speaker 2: He's very sassy. He's a sassy guy. You go from hat to hat and then you go from Spanish to Spanish. I think. I think that's the continuation of the thought process, I think, and that's why the Sinco Stinko works, and that's why the spicy Margaria works. We're trying to build a pot. See, this is why I'm here, this is why I host the show. Mackenzie gore six innings to run ball seven k's against the Dodgers tough lineup. Obviously, he's joey Otani tougher. In that same game as well, we mentioned Hunter Green earlier not to be lost in the shuffle. Logan Web ten strikeouts didn't allow a run over seven innings, but didn't factor in the decision either against the Red so Logan Web a terrific performance by him. The Giants continue to be a very good team. Willia Damas has to get going. But other than that, Giants are not going anywhere. Padre's not going anywhere. That division is going to be super.
Speaker 3: I'm also still buying mckinzigure. I just want to throw that out there with Gorla. I've been buying it. He had a little subpar second performance, This last one was great. Strikeouts are through the freaking roof. He's giving up a little bit too much contact and the slider looks like it's backtracking a tiny bit, and how much he's throwing it. But one percent last year up to thirteen percent as a fifty two percent with rate, So just keep throwing that slider, baby. But I am in on mckinzigre, and I hope you guys got in early as well.
Speaker 2: Derek with the comment here, Mike needs to lay off the Kaisa track. It's you know, for some people makes them a little aggressive. You know that testosterone level gets a little too high.
Speaker 3: We read off the the we told you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I spent a good solid eight minutes reading off the side effects. So if you miss that, that's on you.
Speaker 3: Sore neck, back and some prayers can only be platinum to you.
Speaker 2: In the wagering world, Welsh, I have a question for you. As we've been sitting and pondering, it feels like the National League is just miles better than the American League. Just overall. I'm thinking about these teams in the East and the West in the National League, and you know, I expect the Braves to bounce back. But you've got the Braves, You've got the Phillies, You've got the Mets, and then you've got the Giants, You've got the Padres and obviously the Dodgers. I look at the American League and I think the Astros are way weaker than they've been in the past.
Speaker 3: Rangers are weaker.
Speaker 2: Astro Yankees are Yeah. I mean, we're gonna get to some bad Yankee performances in a moment. Here, but no Garrett Cole with the Yankees, you know they lose won Soto. I think that does hurt them. The Red Sox still, I think will work in progress. It feels like the National League is where you want to be placing your bets to win a World Series, don't you think.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's too early for that. But I know exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 2: The early is where you get those numbers earliest. When you get the seven hundreds and nine hundreds, here's thousands, And.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a fair point, and maybe maybe anything.
Speaker 2: Can happen in these short series. I guess that's my point.
Speaker 3: But I also think, like the maybe you know, top three team, I still think Boston is like a top three team, and they have bullets to make some more moves. The Orioles have not clicked with injuries. If they go get a Sandy, that changes thing. I think the East is stacked. The Rangers are gonna kind of bounce back, so I think we're gonna have a little bit more of a level playing field. I'm not a big like World Series better. I suppose if I was to your point, you know, the Padres might be like a really interesting one right now. If you wanted to go against the Dodgers, the Braves could be coming in hot. I mean, Strider's about to return, Acuna is gonna come back. If I guess, if I was placing bets, it's there. But I think there's just a lot of underperformance from the AL which will level out the tiles here soon.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna get level I think it's a National League world we're living in right now? Am I saying this one? Right? Is it Lucero's or is it luc Uceros?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know? This user here what would say?
Speaker 3: This is Dan Uber? I think is the next your face?
Speaker 2: All right? Justin Riley, bad start? Just another case I'm not being very good in the spring. This is two years in a row. Now the bad starts for Austin Riley people, and by people, I mean me who has them in our fantasy Bros. League Getting a little impatient right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean all the breakcare.
Speaker 2: So it's loose arrows.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there ye loose heiris, there you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Now what are you asking? Like? Is he gonna about.
Speaker 2: Austin Riley turning around by low.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, but he's a one hundred percent by low and Matt Olsen is a huge by low for me. There's a lot of good underlying metrics for it with just crazy underperformance, and that's what shines out early in the year where it's like I got a guy in a trade video we're going to talk about later today and there's actually a teammate of his as well. They've got just across the board exactly what they look like last year, but tanking Babbitt. They're not striking out more, they're hitting the same and it's like the sample sizer are so low we have time to bounce back. I think that's with the Braves right now. Austin Riley, I'm betting on it. Give me any discount, Matt Olsen, give me discounts. Michael Harris, maybe not, but yes, I'm buying back in right.
Speaker 2: I'm buying it on the Braves Riley, I'm buying it on at Sables Goggles two days in a row. Now, you know, I'm not supposed to have favorites here, but I mean Sabo's really pushing. Because Sabo's comment has been awesome. Maybe put a lame mayor on the pole as your five striking.
Speaker 3: We need to have like a motes where it's like a Joe badge and a Welsh badge, and we can like we can pick our favorites, you know what I'm saying, Like it's like Joe gets five and get that. Let's see we can do that, Kelly.
Speaker 2: All right, there we go. Let's get to the downs here, and there were some downs. Luis Everarino five runs, seven eightings so good. First start, last two not so good. We'll monitor this and see what goes on here. Zach Gallon charged for five runs over five and two third so Welsh. We had the bad Gallon start that you I believe witnessed in person.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was there for it. Yep.
Speaker 2: Then we had the thirteen strikeout wo Zach career performance, and then we've had this. So will the real Zach Gallon please stand up? Welsh.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of out on Zach Gallin. So this is what I hate that I'm doing. I am going back and forth. Was I hated the first performance? I wanted out thirteen strikeouts? I'm like, oh my gosh, maybe I was completely wrong. But was this reiterated something to me? Oh yeah, he is going to be wildly inconsistent. You saw the amazingness of him. If you get a team that's going to bite on offspeed stuff, he's there, but his command is just wonky across the board. He was under fifty percent zone percentage on the fastball. Again, that is always his problem. And then that means he can't get to the changeup and the slider or the knuckle curve. He threw the knuckle curve less than he had in any start, which probably hurt for the whiffs. He threw the change up more, which had a twenty eight percent zone percentage. You can't throw for strikes. It's about his fastball. When he can't command it and get it going, he's gonna stink. So are those guys great? Sure, And sometimes he's going to be inconsistent I think throughout the year, and that's annoying to me. Oh what I would do is I'd wait for another one of those great ten strikeout games and I'd move on. Like he might like all of this said, he could still be like Pitcher twenty five or twenty eight or something like that. He could return value. I just don't think I want to be a part of it. Roto. It's probably gonna be easier head to head, it's not. I think I would look for an out to be able to actually sell high high. You're muted, You're very silent. This is fun watching you. You were talking.
Speaker 2: Glad you made that point. I immuted myself because I was typing because I wanted to get the results of the pole here for Michael Kelly. So I didn't want that. But that's an excellent point that you just made, which is I think season long, you can handle the ups and downs a gown you hope there's a couple more ups than downs. I saw somebody earlier I forgot who it was, was saying, has he turned into Jose Burrios? Maybe? I don't know. It's very possible, but in those head to head formats it's getting crazy. We have a winner, I believe of the poll too, before we get to the rest of the downs here. So well, you want to give us the final Tallly of the z hero for five with five strikeout night what it will officially be called Ooh Fantasy Pros MLB show is going forward.
Speaker 3: But with six percent milort. It will not be with six percent spicy margarita. It will not be with only three percent five attracts. It will not be with eighty five percent. So mayor be damned, it will be called the Sinka Nazi platinum sombrero.
Speaker 2: Boo. It's terrible. It's just it's awful, all right, speaking an awful one more awful thing from yesterday. Carlos Rodan, he was terrible too. Six runs five and that's two out of three bad starts for him. Uh, just dreadful start from Rodin. And this is the problem here. If you're the Yankees, you need Carlos Rodin to be great. You need him to step up and be the front end rotation starter because Freed is new and Cole is gone, and Heal is hurt and Schmid is hurt. Schmid happens eventually, but Schmid is happening all over to Carlos Rodan. So what do you do with carls Ronan?
Speaker 3: I know, and he's schmitting all over the place. It's just not working.
Speaker 2: He took a giant Schmidt yesterday, a huge one.
Speaker 3: We're towing the line here now, we're really towing a line.
Speaker 2: The Joe is kind of funny, like I honestly, Mary, Joe fer is.
Speaker 3: One of the fun I openly just said that, like out loud, like that is actually a really really joe first one.
Speaker 2: But anyway, let's get back to Carls Rodn stinking for Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the whiffs looked like in the beginning the first start like, you look like things were up and the command is there. He's down about two miles per hour on his fastball right now. It was ninety five point four last year. It's down to ninety three point six. It's lost whiffs as well. The slider is down a mile per hour. It is a big wiffy pitch right now. And the changeup has lost some as well. But he looks like, I mean, the sinker isn't much, the fastball is playing down. I don't feel optimistic, I believe. Also, I looked at year over year changes. He has one of the highest drops in WIF percentage year over year, super small sample size. Things are gonna level out and everything like that. But you pair in regardless of the amount that it's changed, he's one of the highest losses in whiffs. His fastball has dropped a couple of miles prour. This is another guy like Zach Gallon where I think if he comes off of like a really nice performance and you have the ability to get out from him, sure maybe you won't. But at the end of the day, I don't think i'm buying in. I don't like the early returns of what you're seeing off for Verdon. Even though the first start I thought looked really good, there's some pairing stuff here that I think is really bad. So I'm out also on Radon right now.
Speaker 2: I know the Tigers are hot right now too. I want to give the Tigers line up a lot of credit Workles. It's been really good. They've been a Sola team.
Speaker 3: Here right the Green Kerry Carpenter. They're crazy right now, and they.
Speaker 2: Were good at the end of last year too. The Tigers are a team on their way up. But at the same time, Rodin really letting me down because I thought there was value here. I thought, Okay, Carlos Rodon coming off a really good season last year, suppressed a little inn adp because of the injury history. But when we start to a couple of the injury history with the poor performance, it started to look like a troubling investment. At least in April. Guys have bad April's turning around. Your probably best to just sit and wait on Rodin. That's what I would do, because, as Well said, you're kind of in a rock and a hard place right now with him.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Thrasher? He just said he dropped Dan for Tyler McGill, like, I don't think I would do. Like Tyler McGill is a good pick up right now, but I think he holds.
Speaker 2: A rotation spot when other guys get healthy. Yes, my problem with you, Yeah, and I Gottos is gonna get a look at some point. Peterson's injury was ended up just being an illness. He's actually okay. Canning's been okay. You know that Mets thing that I talked about yesterday, that fun fact that they have the best team era of any starting pitcher and relief pitcher combination. The team's right after that, by the way, are the Dodgers, the Padres, and the Giants. I mean, you talk about these elite teams that have gotten off to a great starts, But I don't know if McGill is guaranteed. I think Peterson stays in there because he's a lefties. Sanga had a good start last night. He's obviously not going anywhere. So let's go through them. So you've got Sanga, You've got Clay Holmes. Clay Holmes not going anywhere because the investment they made in him. Peterson's not going to where. I think because he's a lefty, you're gonna eventually again. Mantas might be a couple you know, months here still, so there's some time. I think I think that's a little reactionary. I agree, I think that's too much.
Speaker 3: But he did. Okay, it's a ten team, so maybe it is a little bit easier to manage, Like if there's other guys out there.
Speaker 2: I dropped we're not in a ten team, and I picked up Boobach was still on the waiver wire.
Speaker 3: You dropped for Don for Boobag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is in our Fantasy Pro league.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if I'm quite at that level of dropping redn but I did. I mean in a ten team things are different when there's like our our Fantasy pros league we do with all of the the devs and everything like that, Like the waiver wire is just robust. It's just like right.
Speaker 2: So that's why I picked up Alvarado yesterday, and I picked up. Uh. This morning, I picked up Boobage because I've had it because Rodn has killed me twice. Now this is two times where he's just killed you in this week to week roto format where you just can't. You can't dig yourself out of a seven e RA hole if you had Gallon and Rodin yesterday. And guess what, I had both of them. So now I've got to pivot, put in all these relievers, try to get that Whip and Thera down a little bit. But I got a ton of starts left. I got two start week from sale. But you have to then pivot and say, Okay, I'm gonna lose Era and Whip. Probably maybe I can get it down to a reasonable spot by the end of the week. But this is the games ship that comes into Fantasy Baseball. I think sometimes people will realize. So what I'm doing is I have a chance to win saves this week right with all I've got Mason Miller in that league, I've got Hater. I just picked up Alvarado. I'm gonna play all these closers as often as I can play the two star pitchers, play all the pictures I've got there and see if I can manipulate it to get three of those five pitching categories and then let the offense hopefully win the week. That's the best you could do. But at least it happens on a Monday where you got time to figure this out. Here's one from Yon anonymous start Merrill Kelly today against Baltimore. I say, no, if you can avoid it.
Speaker 3: No, like the biggest symphatic no I could do. I know that I would say on a show that we could say anything we want. I would add to it. No, absolutely not. Their offense is I mean from top to bottom, like there are dudes and dudes. Meryl Kelly looks super inconsistent in the first start. He might be good like maryl can drop six not against not strikeouts. I'm not doing it. No, thank you.
Speaker 2: Knuckin wants to know Robbie Ray until Woodrof comes back or Rodan. I'd rather have Robbie Ray. I know that might sound crazy, but I think I.
Speaker 3: Think they're kind of similar right now. Yeah, I'm fine, like I think because I'm just fine with it, Like whatever, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Drop job for west Nesky is either real deal.
Speaker 3: We just talked about that. Like I think both of those guys are streamers. I'm fine to have done it to pick up starts, but I don't know if he's a real deal.
Speaker 2: Uh let's get into uh some more baseball related things called injuries. Not always the best. Spencer Araghedy diagnosed with a broken thumb on Monday. He was hit with line drive while playing catch during DP. So you've got a couple option heres, Colton Gordon maybe coming up or aj blah boh, which is the same sound that when hitters make when they get up there, the bat hitting the ball every time he pitches, I feel like so not a good situation. Blah blaw named Louis Garcia. We learned a couple weeks ago of the Astros also had a setback, so he's not coming back anytime soon. All of a sudden, the Astros rotation wise a little shakier. So the good news is Westonski's probably not going anywhere for a couple of weeks, so even if he struggles, he's got a rotation spot. So you've got Bloboo, You've got Colton Gordon. Any of these guys interest you at all?
Speaker 3: They don't. They They do not interest me. I would be going in other places, not trying to replace Spencer Arrighetti in his replacement. I think there's better stuff out on the wire. We've talked about many of those players already.
Speaker 2: Next up here, Jack Lighter with the blister goes on the IL told you he would, and he is, so we'll see what happens when he comes back. Those are two good starts. He needs four more before I apologize publicly to him. We'll see what happens. First. George Kirby shoulder is progressing to throwing bullpen sessions, so I guess that's slow, but good news for George. Kirby also said, well.
Speaker 3: Well, then they also said that they don't believe he's have to do some type of rehab assignment, and then they played it really easy on him. They wanted to make sure he was just at one hundred percent so you could see like a fast track for when he gets out of there. So just throwing that out there for everybody, Herbie might get fast tracked.
Speaker 2: I won't go fast. Counter Wong has been diagnosed with a fracture and left pinky, so he's going on the IL. And Matt McClain was out again yesterday with the hamstring. I did hear Francona on they were really close to starting him yesterday. They just didn't want to push. It's early in the season. I think that's the right call. Rather miss two or three games than go on the il and miss ten and have to retroact and all that stuff. So good on them, all right. So that's the news and notes everything going on in Major League Baseball. Now it's time to get to the things happening today, and that means it's time for the best bets on the Day with Joey p and the Welsh. Let's take a look at what's going on here. Remember kids, Betting Pro's free trial is available right now. Get a seven day free trial of Betting Pros Premium today. Download the Betting Pros app and use that leading off that's one word leading off to unlock exclusive betting tools including mlbprop at cheat sheet, our betting systems, the same game Parlay Builder, which is super useful and sharp, AI so much more. Download the Betting Pros app, use that promo code leading off, get right now seven day free trial of the premium tools. They're spectacular. Also spectacular me yesterday Betting three and oh We had the Lindor Sodo parlay that we smashed yesterday, a three and oh beautiful day, and of course Lindor got driven in by Sodo. It was beautiful. I saw you, Larry on the Twitter machine. Hit me up with the highlight of that. Love seeing that. So that's in the past, so we're going to move forward today. Today you got Wheeler and Sale going against each other. That's a marquee matchup. The number on the total right now is seven. It was this morning in most markets. Keep an eye on it in my shrink. But I want to go under on that at minus one oh five. These are two of the best in baseball, and that offensive the Braves continues to struggle a little bit. So when you're talking about a tough lefty against the Phillies and then you're talking about Wheeler on the other side and the Brave's not hitting very much, I like the under in this game especially. You're getting a pretty good number minus one oh five. It's nearly even there. Fernando Tattis Juniors red hot. I want to stay with him total basis for him. Let's go over one and a half total bases at plus one hundred, getting plus money there, and Kyle Tucker continues to be red hot here. Let's go over the RBIs for him today plus one sixty. I believe they're facing Patrick Corbin today. That guy is a corpse. So give me Tucker, give me Tatis, give me the under in Phillies and braves. Those are my favorite bets of the day. Welsh, what do you have for the people on a Tuesday?
Speaker 3: There's some interesting ones in there. Tucker too. Patrick Corbyn lefty on lefty, but is Patrick Corbyn and I do think there's some weather.
Speaker 2: But they left off as if that matters. If Patrick Corbin against lefties, Matt I taken hundred in the last three years.
Speaker 3: I think it's one sixty because it is a lefty and the weather and stuff like that, but it's a really take it.
Speaker 2: I will take it. Remember Patrick Corbin also means at some point I'm gonna get into a bullpen. That's also so that doesn't even have to be off Patrick Corbyn. This is just Kyle Tucker being Kyle Tucker. At some point in this game he probably gets two at bats against Corbin at best at best today.
Speaker 3: So yesterday I went two and one. We were able to hit the little strikeout parlay and I think it was the over in the Cardinals game, so that was nice. We missed the other one I don't even remember. Oh it was the strikeouts Michael King just and he had his stink game. He's kind of Zach gallinish. So today we're going back to the strikeouts. Freddy Peralta six and a half strikeouts today, and I believe it is God, my brain is just completely fried. I think it's Colorado that they're going. Does that sound right because it's in Colorado.
Speaker 2: I went to that and then I realized, wow, it's going to be really it's in the forties again, and I got a little gun shy on the parlto one. Paralta was where I went first, and I actually took it out of the sheet. I understand, I never look at your bets. And then I was like, I'm a little worried about the weather, that it's a little cold. If he's not feeling right. Six. I mean theoretically it's a huge.
Speaker 3: I do understand it. One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Homers actually Balti, which is really where you get into the plus money for him too. I would go into eight at plus one forty, but the weather kind of shied me off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I understand it. And then like in Colorado as well, with Homer issues with Peralta, but Colorado's like number one in strikeouts per game right now, they're striking out like crazy. So Freddy Peralta at six and a half, I believe he's hit eight and at least in his last one. So I really like that one. As far as the strikeouts go, there's some inherent risk. Garrett Crochet bouncing back and forth doesn't seem like he has his big strikeout stuff right now. But he did go eight innings in that last game. This is implying for him to go six innings, So I am going for him to hit six innings. There is some weather in that game. Thinking he's gonna keep the ball on the ground quite a bit more, though you do worry any fly balls might fly. It's like twenty five miles out to right field. But Garrett Crochet to go six innings, so over seventeen point five. And then I'm going with a little bit of nerfy action. Sonny Graham, Paul's skeins it again, those are juiced sometimes. The reason they're juiced is because there's high probability both of the Cardinals in Pittsburgh as far as like first run innings. They are a little bit further down, specifically Pittsburgh, so I think we have a little bit of avoidance. I'm actually on the Sunny grade trying to avoid the Pittsburgh offense getting to Sunny Gray. I think schemes will lock it down. So we're nurfing at Saint Louis Pittsburgh. Garrett Crochet to go six innings and Freddie Parulta to strike out seven. Those are my bets. You can check out betting pros. You can follow both of us. I got a little fire symbol next to my name after some hot days. Follow us, check out any other bets that we have over on betting Pros.
Speaker 2: It's what you've all been waiting for. The home run board. Did Welsh finally made?
Speaker 3: I hit run board?
Speaker 2: Let's see what it looks like after yes, you're hey, oh my god, there he is.
Speaker 3: He's ad for some reason in the middle of the fives, not at the top, but in the middle.
Speaker 2: Well, what's wrong with you? It should be eleven head of the people. Just be happy that you're among the people. Razors still at the top with nine Shout Out far out right behind with eight and Cookie Chubs at eight as well.
Speaker 3: It's a good name Cookie Chubs.
Speaker 2: Also, if you want to get involved here, join our discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat chat with other friends and fans here of the show. And of course you can talk to the Welsh and Joe Rico every single Wednesday two pm Eastern for a show, and you can actually be on the show on the discord, ask your questions and get on the podcast. So be on the show Fantasy Bros dot Com, slash chat discord cleaning up every Wednesday, two pm Eastern. Sophie can't get enough of the Welsh. That's the place to get more of the Welsh.
Speaker 3: U Joe board.
Speaker 2: I'm not on the board.
Speaker 3: I only put the board back up real quick, Kelly, I thought I saw Joe. Wait, oh no, that's that's Jose So that's not Joe.
Speaker 2: Drink it in. He is one of those one multi homer nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of those got weekends.
Speaker 2: Remember remember that week where I got like three from Tammy, two from Judge. Next thing, you know, all of a sudden, Joe's on the board for quite some time. It's all right, be patient, right Note that teas plus four fifty. All right now, I want all the Fernando he is in. Springs has been up and down a little bit, but this is more ballpark. This is more Fernando locked in. When Fernando gets locked in, he is one of those special players and he is in it right now. So give me Fernando Tatis, Welsh, where's your home run? Called, big board boy?
Speaker 3: Well, last last yesterday, last day yesterday was Fernando Tatis against Severino, so I went with that. I'm gonna move against it. I actually struggle with this one a little bit because I had a guy that I really like, but the wind is pushing out opposite field, but lots of contact could be made. I am going with Alex Bregman today in that weird game. He's plus six hundred over on FanDuel if you want to play it. I love to play home run calls on total bases as well. That's what Joey's doing. So if that's your market, you could also maybe play that. But give me Alex Bregman for homer plus six hundred, and I hope you do get three today. Because that would be great for multiple fantasy teams of mine with Fernando Tatis Junior.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll do it for us here, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, have a great day. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB