Speaker 1: He wanted to cook as ald. All right, Welcome back, everybody, Welcome back Game one hundred and twenty five. In the books, Yankees take this one three to one. Here to talk about it with me is Ryan Garcia of Fireside. Yankees were also gonna take a deep dive into the injury to Max Freed, and we're gonna talk about Carlos Rodon coming back tonight he was pretty good. And we're gonna talk about the two rookies, both of whom had pretty good games tonight, Spencer Jones and George Lombard. So Ryan, another offensive explosion tonight.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like whenever they get a hit with Frances scoring position at that point, it's like you just think, whatever, a higher being allowed it to happen, like it's a miracle.
Speaker 3: It really is at this point, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I mean, hey, Trent grisham redeeming himself. I mean, the guy got off to a tough start, he got hot, he got hurt, he got cold, and now it looks like he's getting hot again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I will say yet bad he had in the seventh was really good at bat. I thought he was tracking pitch as well. He looked like he was up there to hit. It wasn't this very passive, weirdly taking everything in zone approach that we've seen a lot of Yankee hitters fall into. I think he is a big part of this team because he is one of the lower strikeout rate guys in the squad right now. And Derek, I think you and I we've watched enough games over the last few months where it's like it's just strikeout after strikeout after strikeout. So if he can be productive and keep putting the ball in play, you're gonna have a different profile on your offense.
Speaker 1: All things considered, you'll take the win. But the offense, man, I mean, this has been the most boring summer maybe of my lifetime. I mean the early nineties. I don't really remember being bored by baseball because I was so into baseball when I was, you know, ten years old, eight years old. But as an adult, this might be the most boring offense that I've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna pull up a stat for you that is going to just blow your mind.
Speaker 3: Mind dude. This is before today's game.
Speaker 2: I know they haven't they had a hit with runs score position, but I think they finished a day, I think it was one for five, so they're batting averages two hundred on the day, they're hitting one ninety.
Speaker 3: Six with runs in scoring position.
Speaker 2: Since Aaron Judge went down, they have the worst average WRC plus OPS, on base percentage slugging percentage with runners in scoring position since June first. It's kind of an accomplishment. I feel like at that point, right like, you're kind of impressed that you can be thirtieth in all of.
Speaker 3: This triple slash lines. So yeah, it's been rough, man, it is, it is.
Speaker 1: We'll take a look at the scorebug here yarydl Lil Sentos got the win tonight. David Bednar with the sage got nuts. Trent Grisham with a good night two for four with home run number seventeen, three RBIs and a run score. George Lombard had a multi hit game and he shined on defense, So a good night for the Yankees overall. Let's zoom in a little bit. This is a segment Ryan, if you're new to the show, for watching, this is called good, Bad, and Ugly. Hermie, take a look at every result and we great everybody with emoji. So Tran Grisham gets the gold Star. Tonight, Luis Garcia Junior gets the Do Do Jazz oh for four and a tough error. I mean, uh, at some point, Ryan, you gotta consider possibly swapping out Jazz with cab i Ara. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, I fully agree. Right, it's not just the not good baseball. It's like the lack of focus. I mean, you make that error. I kind of need you to get that ball right. Let's say a runner on third in this scenario is a little more attentive and is sprinting to the plate. They're gonna score. He's gonna pick up the ball and have to rush the throat to the plate. Not an easy throw, mind you, that throw could go offline. There's a lot of problems that could go there. It's not the bad play only again, it's the lack of focus. He is so off right now, you gotta consider it. Honestly, you have to do it. You just have to start playing copy Era more and let them fight out the play appearances, what happened to.
Speaker 1: Gunner Henderson man Dude's in two twenty just he has fallen off a cliff bro.
Speaker 2: It feels like he kind of mirrors the Orioles in the second half and twenty four he fell off. He was right in the mix of that al MVP race. And then ever since that point in time where it was like, Oh, this is the next star offense, defense, whole nine yard shortstop, He's just not that guy anymore. He's not as strong as a defender. He doesn't hit for as good of an average. He hit two eighty one in twenty twenty four, it's down in two twenty two. So the hit tools completely collapse, the quality of contacts completely collapsed.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just injuries, but man, it's this.
Speaker 2: I've I've never seen a shortstop go for being that good in their early twenties this bad by twenty five.
Speaker 3: I just I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baseball has been so weird the last few years. With the offense and the pitching becoming so good. It really has separated the men from the boys in a lot of ways. Max Freed's got a package. Let's talk a little bit about Max Freed, who I have not been live since he went back on the end Your List last time he was out two months. A reporter asked him that tonight. I asked Aaron Boon that tonight he said, hey, he's been out. He was out two months last time with this elbow injury. Do you really expect him back this year? And he said, well, maybe fifteen days. It's not as bad. My question to you is, do you believe it?
Speaker 2: I think this was an Iel placement because he was not like he probably felt discomforting the elbow, painting the elbow, and he's like, yeah, we're just not there's no reason to push this. I don't think it's a fan of Miel to clarify. You don't fantom al your second or third best starter when you're trailing in the division. You just don't do that. But I do think the fact that he's still throwing is encouraging. Usually this is a shutdown from throwing and then we get the bad news. There's still time for us to get bad news, so I don't want to completely tell everybody everything's fine and he's one hundred percent going to come back this year. But I think for now we avoided the dreaded three letter phrase that I think everyone thought of when we saw elbow injury again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hoping he'll be back. If it's two weeks, if it's fifteen days. You'll sign up for it. But you know, I just worry that he's gonna come back. He's gonna throw a couple starts and we're gonna lose him. But I guess there's no point worrying about if we can't control it right now, it's out of our hands. Just wish him the best. But five and five with a two point eight to one ERA, and hopefully he'll be back soon, get well, soon to Max free. All right, let's get to the game. So another low scoring game for six innings and then a late rally. It's been kind of the Yankees modus operandi recently. We had some nice things from the young guys, who will talk about in just a little bit. We had a good start from Carlos Rodin, didn't go deep but four innings and basically what was a rehab start in one run. You'll absolutely sign up for that. I thought the slider was wicked. Trent Grisham with an absolute tank.
Speaker 3: We used the building up little.
Speaker 1: But my question for you, Ryan is, how do you explain this bullpen? Brent Hedge, Paul Blackburn, how do you explain what the Yankees have unlocked with these guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, so we'll start with Hedrick here, because last year I thought there were a lot of exciting traits from a swing and miss standpoint. He was near top of the league in swinging mis rates, and that was something that I thought would pop in twenty six. Blackburner was not high on at all. I didn't really see this coming. But credit to the Yankees. They've made the change.
Speaker 1: It better.
Speaker 3: The kurpball and sweeper are swinging miss pitches for him.
Speaker 2: He's using his fast balls, which have increased in velocity to keep the ball on the ground. We're talking around a sixty percent ground ball rate. And it's a credit to Blackburn as well. Who I mean, this is a guy who was not like Luke Weaver was a heralded prospect. He was traded for Paul Golchman. I think a lot of people forget. People thought Luke Weaver was going to be a good starter. Paul Blackburn was a guy who was thirty two years old, had spinal fluid surgery or something of that regard. In twenty five and a year later, he's the eighth inning guy for the Yankees, and he's doing a pretty darn good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's looking great. He's looking great. I think the uh player of the game is not much of a mystery tonight. I think we got to go with the mustachioed one.
Speaker 2: What do you say, Yeah, it's got to be Grisham. Right, you have three RBI, you pick up a two out hit.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Trent Gresham with the go ahead three RBIs he had a home run and a go ahead two run single and that is seven belts for him now this year on the unofficial list. I don't know how many he has in the actual clubhouse, but he's on our list. He's right there behind Cody Bellinger, who hasn't played in a while. That tells you what kind of year Cody Bellinger was having before he went down. And that's with a hot with a cold month built in. I can't wait for him to get back. But anyway, good night for Trent Grisham. We got a chat here that I want to read DFA Jazz cab I arrow at second, Trent with the belt, iron balls bed and close it again. Bring Domingos back up and bench Ramos. I have a question so to actually, I have two questions for you. What do you see in Ramos? I mean, I don't see much out of this guy. And two, what are your thoughts on Domingez from what we saw this year?
Speaker 2: Okay, so for Ramos, the glove is is a real problem, right, Like it's visually, man, it's visually bad.
Speaker 3: And that's not even getting into the offense.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But I think the big, the highlight issue for me is it's possible he's in a slump and you know, you put him against lefties and it's better, but he like, I can't trust him to catch a ball in the outfield, can you.
Speaker 3: I genuinely I.
Speaker 2: Feel my heart start squeezing when the ball hits a left field, even the routine plays. It was blued on Sunday against Toronto, and then for Domingez, I thought the defense actually did start to look better. I think the throwing decisions are rough, but from like just a route standpoint. And then offensively, I just think he's trying too hard to pull the ball.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: He's chasing a ton.
Speaker 2: I think he doesn't have the bat speed he had pre Tommy John surgery and he's just still trying to chase it. And hey, man, I don't need you to hit twenty five thirty home runs. You get on base, you're gonna play in this league. How many guys can get on base in the league nowadays? Right, so hard against good pitching. Again, I think it's an approach change for him that he needs to get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I miss the pre Tommy John Jason Dominguez. I mean that seven day stretch. I was like a pig and shit man because I was the biggest Dominguez supporter as he was coming up and then he goes berserk, and yeah, you're right. Ever since the Tommy John, he just has not been the same. Somebody said that his extension quite hasn't been quite as good. Maybe he's a little bit more muscle bound. He looks a little bit more muscle bound as he's gotten older. But I hope that he turns around. I still like Jason Dominguez. All right, let's before we get to the young guys. Let's cover Carlos Rodan real quick. I'm gonna bring Ryan back here. So four innings, two hits, one run, two walks, four strikeouts solid. I mean, he had what nine whiffs tonight, that's pretty good for four innings. The six whiffs on eleven swings on the slider was really good. When you look at the pitch data, and I know you looked at the pitch data. Did you see the same old Rodan? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean the slider had two more inches of lateral movement and had three more inches of drop today, so it was really working for him.
Speaker 3: He didn't have.
Speaker 2: The deep mix as usual, wasn't as many sinkers, change ups and curveballs. But I thought that was more of a fuel thing, which is the thing that takes longer to come back. Velocity usually shows up pretty early, actually after injury. So I was happy to see ninety four point six in the fastball v.
Speaker 1: Low.
Speaker 3: I again, like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Really I think his stuff looks better than it did in twenty five. The question is can we get the command to somewhere where it was last year, where we're at least having closer misses out of zone. And I think once that happens, man, this rotation is filthy, filthy man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. If we could get the top four guys all healthy going into the playoffs with Aaron Judge back, hey, I'll take it. I'll sign up for that right now. I don't care if you got to play a wildcard series. You can win a wildcard series with that pitching. Okay, let's talk about the young guys. You want to start with Spencer Jones or George Lombard. Who you got on your mind?
Speaker 3: Man, I want to start with George Lovar Junior.
Speaker 2: I think he's it's just come on, man, it's it's it's incredible what he does.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I mean two hits tonight. But the thing that gets me excited is the defense. Man, I Free. It's weird how when you watch baseball every day you get used to stuff, right, and we got used to having a subpar shortstop. No offense to Anthony Volpi, no offense to Cabiro. You know, they both I think put in all the effort that they should have put in. I think that they did everything they could do. It is clear that Lombard is just better. He's just a better short stop defensively, much better arm. He looks loose and athletic and nimble out there, and he's always got his head in the game. You talk about the baseball lineage that goes further than people think when it comes to baseball IQ because he's been around the game. Obviously, you don't have you know, a brother that's a professional baseball player, first round pick and a dad who is a major leaguer and as a current coach, without being consumed by baby. And if you're smart at all, by osmosis, you're just going to develop that baseball IQ, which is what we're seeing from him. I like that he's not committed to home run or nothing. He hits I get groundball single through this shift tonight. You know, they shifted him up the middle. He said, you know what, Tay, I'll you know what here you I'll take it right through the right side. And I mean, I just love the kid. I love the kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's just way more physical than Vulpi and Cabierro. Like that's the first thing you see where again, he can It's not that Vulpi can't attempt to play in the hole. It's not that Cabiro can't, you know, occasionally get around on the slider. It's just that it's easier for Lombard. It's easier when you're six foot two, one hundred and ninety pounds with some of the bat speed and arms stringthly we've seen so far. I mean, think about what he's going to be when he's got a full off season after being a major leaguer.
Speaker 3: He's twenty one years old.
Speaker 2: You know, average exit velocity, you tend to pick up another tick or two before you turn twenty four. If this guy adds another, you know, another great in raw power. I don't don't think we're gonna see a degradation the hit tool. I don't think we're gonna see him try and chase the home run ball necessarily. I think we're just gonna see a very well rounded hitter who has ninety eight percentile sprint speed and a really good arm and incredible mechanics.
Speaker 3: And it's just like you check all the boxes. I think he should.
Speaker 2: I think he should have been a top ten prospect universally when he graduated. And I'm seeing it. I'm seeing it like this is I'm so excited, Derek, I really am.
Speaker 1: I can see it in your face. It makes me excited to see you excited. So okay, I just want to throw this out there. And this is just a baseball tradition as you compare players to other players, right, everyone's saying, oh, Jeter this year, he's not Jeter. Who does he remind you of because to me, he looks a little bit like a young Korea.
Speaker 2: You know, I think physically you see Korea because of the again, the size, and I also want to just point out with these big body shortstops, I think the most talented shortstops of the last twenty five years are tall guys or tall for the position. The most talented short stop I think is a Rod Right, He's the most talented player to play the position.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: Then you look at the guys after him.
Speaker 2: To Lwitzky who without the injuries, surefire Hall of Famer Correa who tortured the Yankees in the postseason, big time player, Seeger who I think is one of the best hitting shortstop short stops I've ever seen, if you can. I'm not saying he's going to be those those three players, obviously, I think an outcome where you can get you know, you get a one ten ops plus you get great defense is a really strong outcome.
Speaker 3: I want to throw out the Auto Lopez comp.
Speaker 2: It's a weird one because he's not like the body types aren't the same, but in just stylistically, the Auto Lopez is a three forty three on base one sixteen ops plus guy with really good defense. I think that's the kind of player you hope that Lombard can become. If if he provides you those markers right there, you've got a franchise guy you just do. And I think there's even more power upside here. All the Lopez I think doesn't hit it in the air as much because that's just the park he plays, and there's not a lot of there's not a right field to hit the ball out too. So it's a weird but it's one that I think is way more enticing than I think people would give it credit for.
Speaker 1: Lumb Sorry, Lopez was at the very top of my trade wish list. I mean, if this guy was actually available, I would have done anything in the world to get this guy. But twelve point nine percent strikeout rate will take that. So okay, let's move on to Spencer Jones. I'll tell you what I'm seeing from Spencer Jones. I see a guy who is a freak athlete, not a good athlete, a freak athlete. I see speed, power, size, agility. Tonight he started the rally and he's got this thing that I think is an actual tool that you might debate me on I think he's a guy who drives in runs. I think there is a actual skill to driving in runs to guys who pick up a lot of RBIs because RBIs, I mean, I get it. It's an It's a stat that is relant on people getting on base, for you, but over the years you see guys that are just naturally better at that. Right, Juan Gonzalez is the guy who comes to mind for me. He was a guy who just drove in a ton of runs, right. Luke Grrick drove in an insane amount of runs. Obviously he had a good lineup around him. But I think Spencer Jones is gonna be a guy that if you give him five hundred bats, he's gonna drive in minimum eighty five runs and maybe up to one hundred and twenty runs if he learns how to make a little bit more contact.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. I don't disagree with you at all. I actually think you're spot on. And the reason I say that he is very aggressive in zone, but not like not in a way that's I would say unpolished. So there's a stat out there that measures swing decision quality by weighing how often you swing in zone at and at pitches to hit versus how often you chase. He's in a ninety third percent on that stat right now in the big leagues. And the reason for that is ninety seventh percentile in terms of taking hitable pitches. He never lets a pitch to hit go by. And that is a trade of a guy who does put up a lot of RBIs because Derek, think about it. How many times you see a run around second and a guy walks and it's okay on paper, yes, it's a good outcome, but you want the run to score.
Speaker 3: You want to base hit there.
Speaker 2: The value of a base hit is higher with a runner on second than it is with nobody on base. That's that's I mean, that's just simple math, right, Jones. The guy who's looking to do damage. If you throw a two zero fastball with a runer on second and two out, he's going to look to drive that baseball. And that does separate him, I think in terms of his run producing abilities from most players, and I think that is a skill that could allow him to become a very productive big leaguer and another guy where hey man, this is ninety third percentile sprint speed with eighty grade power.
Speaker 3: How many guys can do that? How many guys are that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So okay, next year is he You're starting centerfielder? If there is a next year.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 2: I would take the risk because I think it allows you to splurge more in other positions. Indeed, look, I think the Yankees. You look at this offense, they need another how do I put this? They need another guy who can threaten a pitcher right and more runs? Yeah, they do, They do need that, But I do think they need like another threat in there, another guy who is a like Brian cashmws the terminal.
Speaker 3: They need an eight.
Speaker 2: They need a guy who is like best hitter and a lineup quality guy. You hope Ben Rice can be that, but we haven't seen that during this stretch. You need a guy who can be that number two, number three hitter for you, and you should splurge on that rather than trying to bring in every day regular You don't, you haven't. Spencer Jones can do every day regular stuff. Lombard is I think a plus regular at shortstop. You need a star. So you should go and hunt for that this winter and just let Spencer Jones play centerfield. I don't think Trent Grisham is gonna hang in center field next year. I like the bat, I just I don't think he has anymore defensively, so just let Jones take the position.
Speaker 1: Good night for Grisham. But I think, yeah, you're right, this future is Spencer Jones, and I'm looking forward to his development. I hope that he learns to make more con If he gets his strikeout rate into the twenties, if the first digit is to anything, he's gonna hit forty home runs one hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean if you get thirty plus home runs in thirty and he's a good base runner, he's he's a very good base runner. He's not only quick, but I think he's a smart base runner. If you get thirty home runs and thirty steels at the center field, I think everything else is gonna fall into place. Like you're gonna get enough runs driven in, you're going to get a high enough OPS.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: I think that if you just set the Brahmin terra at we just need to find a way to get those eye popping stats where they need to be. Everything else is gonna fall in place. He's not gonna get thirty home runs, striking out forty percent of the time. It's not gonna happen if you hit thirty home runs because he cut it down to a point where he's a competitive hitter.
Speaker 1: Nice. All right, Well we have some good news. The Rays lost. The Rays lost ten to five. They got beat ten to five by the Blue Jays. Tonight. The Red Sox are winning against the d Backs. But the Yankees have gained a game in the American League. He's five games back. Every game counts. It's a long hill to climb, but I think we can do it if we get judged back healthy and if the pitching continues to do its thing. There is a four game set with the Rays coming up next month. I want to go quickly, Ryan to a word from our sponsor, and then we're going to test your knowledge with some quick ten question baseball trivia for a prize. Be back in sixty seconds.
Speaker 5: For the families out there looking for a new path to help your child succeed, take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. It's all in a setting that works for your family, and K twelve has been around. They've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families with flexible education options tailored to each child's needs, interests, and goals for the future. K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction and they provide real time support. Hey, we've heard Todd father on here talk about how his kids have gone through homeschooling and it's really helped them for a family that is very much on the move during his playing career. So you can see how K twelve powered schools can help unlock your child's full potential and roll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number twelve dot com slash f o u l K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Ryan, I would much rather run a K twelve AD than one of those Boner pills ads. But okay, so we're gonna we're gonna test your baseball knowledge now. Because we had some technical difficulties, I didn't get a chance to walk Ryan through the show. Typically, you know, when I have a guest on, we'll connect for a couple of minutes, but the link was messed up. I had to take my computer apart today and apparently a few things got messed up along with my mic volume, et cetera. But Ryan, we're gonna play some baseball trivia. I have this new website. It's called Baseball dash Therapy dot com. It's got a trivia game on here, so we can basically have a little little fun, little fun time here. So we're gonna set this to hard because I know that you are a smart guy. And then we're gonna do how about do we want to do twenty twenties? We want to do modern? You want to do historic. I'll let you pick your your era.
Speaker 3: You know what, Surprise me, surprise me.
Speaker 1: You know what, Let's go with, Uh, let's go with Let's go with twenty you know what, let's go with modern. Actually, you know, let's go with let's go with mixed. We're gonna go with mixed, and we're gonna play the ball. Okay, you get first question? What was Tony Quinn Tony Gwyn's career batting average three forty five, three thirty eight, three forty two or three.
Speaker 3: Thirty I'm feeling three forty two, three forty.
Speaker 1: Two, and not cry three thirty eight. By the way, you get seven out of ten. You got ten questions, you get seven out of ten. I'm sending you a hoodie with the Baseball Therapy logo on it. In what year did Barry Bonds make his major league debut? A nineteen eighty seven, B nineteen eighty three, C nineteen eighty eight, or D nineteen eighty six. I should make this bigger.
Speaker 2: I can read them, but I last time I went with the middle total. I'm gonna go within what one last time, I'm going to nineteen eighty six. I think it's nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Six, nineteen eighty six, survey says correct, alright, alright, Etro, the wonderful Petro one two thousand and one, wasting no time. Eatro, and I believe this is correct, Yes, correct, And he was MVP and Rookie of the Year. I believe that year. Who won the nineteen eighty two World Series? Orioles, Cardinals, Braids or Brewers.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the Cardinals.
Speaker 6: Survey says correct. Alright, you got four more to go to get that, To get that hoodie.
Speaker 1: Mariano Rivera what year was he inducted into the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Well, these always get me, but I think it's twenty twenty. I think it's twenty twenty, like the year it was, oh, twenty.
Speaker 3: Nineteen, twenty nineteen. I'm always burned me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, World Series MVP in two thousand and five, Who was it? Aj Prasinski, Jermaine Die, Paul Konerko or Joe Creedy.
Speaker 2: This is one of those World Series that, for some reason always blank Meknerko is the best player or like the most memorable player from those teams.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna go with Conerko.
Speaker 1: I know he put him in the World Series, but not quite four more left. You gotta go four for four, you gotta pick up four knocks. How many home runs a Judge hit in twenty twenty two, I think sixty two. I think that that's a gimmy. That's a gimmey.
Speaker 3: That's I needed. I needed a little softball there, and.
Speaker 1: We need to get your back in the race. Okay. Nineteen seventy five World Series? Who read won it? Cincinnati Reds is the final answer? And oh my god, he's got a little Jordan Walker come back. Here can he walk it off for the hoodie? What percentage of the vote did Ken Griffy Junior receive in his Hall of Fame election ninety six point four, ninety five point eight, ninety nine point three or ninety seven point two.
Speaker 2: I think it's ninety seven point two. But now this one's gonna get me. This one's gonna get me. I think it's ninety seven point two though.
Speaker 1: And doctor Stitch says, oh, and your final one consolation prize, who led the major leagues and home runs in twenty fifteen with forty seven?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, was Chris Davis? That was twenty fourteens. I think was Chris Davis, Nelson Cruz. I think twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's too. I think that's who it is. Let's see.
Speaker 6: No Christ had to ride off my year, damn oh man.
Speaker 1: All right, well, good effort, right, everybody, get right? Hey, I appreciate it. And you can go to Baseball dash Therapy dot com. That's my new website. We got games, we got all sorts of fun stuff, stats, all that shit. Okay, Ryan'll take a couple of voicemails here and get on with our lives. Call about Jazz.
Speaker 4: I really hate to leave these voicemails like this, but I just can't anymore. Get Jazz out of the starry one, put cavierro in, get Ramos out of the third spot, and option himTo triple a. Him challenging that ball right there was just so incredibly selfish third batter of the game. I just can't with these guys. I don't know where the accountability is. I know Bloon made a face at that guy. He even thought it was an appropriate time to challenge that pitch was egregious. Another great cashman acquisition at the deadline.
Speaker 1: Well, tell tell us how you really feel. I did have a problem with the challenge. I have problems with first inning challenges in general. Unless it's like bases loaded and it's like a strikeout, that's borderline. That's the only situ situation for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: You have to You have to know you have only two it's you have a finite number of challenges.
Speaker 3: You just can't. I'm sorry, you can't.
Speaker 2: With nobody on into out, there's the values is minimal at best.
Speaker 1: Frankie says. Baseball therapy is what Derek goes through after recording a Frankie Baseball episode. He is not wrong, by the way, you're actually on here, so I added one of the things. I'm just gonna share this real quick. So one of the things that we have on this site is we have podcasts. So if you go to Baseball Therapy, we got this doctor Stitch, he's kind of the subject of all of the different stuff. If you go to Baseball Podcast, it's got every baseball podcast in one place. Wow, all of that is incredible, So you can it's it'll sort by the newest so when Fireside Yankees pops up there, you'll be at the top. I'll be at the top after tonight's episode, and you can just listen to baseball all day long. It's totally fun. You can go check out the Baseball Relaxation, play some rain ASMR videos. You can also, you know, listen to baseball stories. We have all sorts of fun stories about players. You can click on it and read it or just listen to it. It has all sorts of fun audio. So everybody go check that out. All right, here's is Brian last voicemail of the night.
Speaker 7: What's going on? Derek Rodin looked good in his return. Griff big game out of the guy. I know he's had a crapp year everybody who's been hating on him, but man, if he can start to turn it on now down the stretch and you know, just work at bats like he can, man, it's a he's a weapon for sure. Also Spencer Jones man coming through with a nice knock earlier and a great defensive play out in the right field. Dude looks good. Man, He's easily one of the better outfielders on the team already, and hopefully that back and just keep him proving.
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah, I agree. I mean, he's a weapon when he's on. I feel as confident in him right now as I felt in him before he got hurt with the hamstring injury earlier this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, it's it's a it's a profile they need, they need more contact and zone they need in zone. And I think it shines when Grisham's hot. It's a it's a big weapon.
Speaker 1: Half cool all right, guys, Well one more time from mister John Sterling. Oh name over Yankees whims yik Ryan, thanks so much for joining everybody. Go check out Fireside Yankees your YouTube channel. He's also all over social media. I watched your your video about the guy from the Mets who throws really good. For his name, what's his name?
Speaker 3: The bench?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Garson's bench. Jesus Christ. That's a hose. Uh but yeah, something about a great arm. I just love a great arm in baseball. I've been watching a lot of Bo Jackson highlights. Go watch him throw out Mike Diego flat footed from right field. Unbelievable. All right, guys, go check out Ryan stuff. Ryan, thanks for joining. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for watching. If you're new to the channel, do all the YouTube stuff like and subscribe. Also, we've got a store YY Designs dot shop. It's got all sorts of fun t shirts, mugs, hats. You can also get podcast merch at pinstripe territoryshop dot com. We're also on every podcast platform, so go ahead and subscribe to the audio version as well, and give us five stars if you don't mind, if we earned it. We'll see you next time.