Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearing House of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the ad every way, it's the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller and Danny g. But you already knew that. You already knew you don't stumble onto a podcast. We've been through that before. But we're hanging out in the podcast dojo, and I hope you're having a wonderful What Night Day Another college football Saturday here in September, as it is a great time to consume sporting content and this show. Of course, we're a hardcore sports podcast. Danny wrong, That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem is I don't think I'll be able to get on the Sunday podcast with you to react to all the college football action because I am a Spectrum La customer, which means been no ABC, no ESPN channels. They are all blacked out because Disney is fighting with Spectrum over a new contract.
Speaker 1: Well that's wonderful. Yeah, And who's caught in the middle. You You are caught in the middle. You have nothing to do with either one of those massive media companies. And you'd think with all the changes that have happened in media now we work in radio, radio is a lot different than it was when we both started. Television is a lot different. I'm learnering even more about that. I'm getting I'm getting taught just how different TV is than it used to be. But you'd think they say, listen, everyone's fighting for eyeballs or ear drums or both. Like there's a path to make it work, right, there's a path, but they got to fight.
Speaker 3: Disney's hurting for money.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel for them.
Speaker 1: Well, I read online somebody wrote that they're trying to get Apple or Google to buy them or something, and I imagine how many that would cost. Holy crap, that would be insane by Disney. But yeah, they got enough money these internet companies, they could do it. They do what real they want with that for sure. So on this podcast, they's been our Saturday Life of Malar, Life of Danny g We've got musical chairs, the radio, walk off, backscratcher, the word of the week, pop goes to the culture. We even get some science stuff going. We'll see if we have time for that. I always think in my head, Danny, that we have more time than we do. You know, we all gather together here. It's a very communal situation. You there, me here, you listening the whole thing, and then like the time kind of goes by. And as we've talked about, Danny, the sweet spot for a podcast about thirty minutes, maybe thirty five minutes. That's the average time somebody spends on a treadmill or an elliptical machine, about thirty thirty five minutes. So if you go too long, it's like these Joe Rogan podcasts that are four hours. I don't know that people are tuning into the three hour and twenty minute mark, you know what I'm saying. Maybe I'm wrong, though, I don't know. Maybe Rogan's the king of the podcast game, and maybe people just tuning in that's.
Speaker 3: The way to do it.
Speaker 1: So we'll start with this now. Last weekend, last weekend before I was locked in doing the TV stuff and the radio stuff all ye, which I'm very excited about. That's why I took some time off early in the year. I anticipated that this my schedule is gonna be nuts during football season, so I normally take a lot of December off. I will not be doing that. I might take a couple of days off, but I still have to do the television shows. So I figured, like, if I got to do that, why would I nearly do anything? You know, It's like, come on, I'll be here anyway. So anyway, visited last weekend Catalina. I love Catalina Island. Kind of a last second trip and not really planned out that great, but we wanted to go before the NFL and I was part of a group, a large group of very important people, very important people including my wife, and we went there, little island life. It was a quick day trip. Went in the morning, came back, and at night went to a restaurant called, I believe it was called the Antonios on Avalon, On, which is the only city we go to on Catalia. It's only one city there, Avalon and the big city. And we It's beautiful catalin Island right off the coast, about thirty miles off the coast, to La. So we went there and had had a seat right on the table next to the mighty Pacific Ocean, right just beachside, picturesque, perfect chef's kiss, and then we took a trip to the wild side. They said, what could possibly go wrong? It's a laid back rather just calm place and the word is tranquil. So we're sitting there and they ordered the food and all that, and I ordered the ribbi cheese, a grilled cheese sandwich. The grilled cheese, they put some ribbi in there. I said, well, that sounds pretty good. I'll go with that. And that's when things really flipped into the twilight zone. So I'm gonna paint the picture for you. What's going on? So again, where did this nice restaurant sitting right there near the water look out that it's really a harbor. There's a lot of boats parked there. It's just magic. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, with no warning, this random rogue ghost wave water comes flying over and soaks the entire table. I get, you know, pretty wet, my legs are covered in water, and like it was wild. I never seen anything like it.
Speaker 3: You know what your on the end of splash mountain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, And the water was fine, and then out of nowhere, boom, cup boom, like holy holy crap on a cracker Batman. That's not supposed to happen. So the tables soaks. So we're like, we gotta get out of here. So me, the wife, the party, the people we were hanging out with, cool people. Uh, there's actually five so there was a party. It was seven, told me woife. We had five other people with us, some friends of my shall we say roommate. So but we ended up moving tables. We go across the restaurant, so we're now as far away on outdoor seating, as far away from the water as we can get. Otherwise we have to leave the restaurant. Okay, we have to leave the other So okay, we're sitting there eating Food's pretty good, and then all of a sudden, cuff flewey. Well this was not a wave. This was more of a we were attacked by a pack of bees. Oh my gosh, there was an infestation of yellow jacket bees.
Speaker 3: Did they sound like.
Speaker 1: Just like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds like something else. Does that sound yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think the first time you try to do it, your mic cutout like you were on NBC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So there's an infestation of yellowjacket. So now we've moved at this point, we've moved tables twice. But these bees are hungry and they apparently liked what we were eating based on their movements. They were swarming around the table. So now we're like, well, we've already moved once, are we going to move a third time? Where else do we go? So we determined we must go indoors. So there was a little section of the restaurant that was indoors. Most of the seating was outdoors. So we then went inside the restaurant. We said, listen, we're gonna attacked by bees here. People. They're bees big, they look like the massive wasp. I mean, these things are here. And so we went inside the restaurant and we were able to finish the meal, but we had to sit the first time ever I had said three tables at a restaurant to try to get it out. I was convinced we weren't go inside. We're gonna be attacked by like termites or something I don't know, or locusts. And the bees were not just in the restaurant. Like all the trash cans on Catalina Island covered with bees. It's crazy. I guess this happened every ten years or something. There's some kind of biblical event where the bees just ascend on Catalina Island, and that happened to be the day we were there. So we finished the meal. Then my wife and the group, the five Pack, the wolf Pack, decided, Hey, let's go snorkling. Why else you know why we go to Catalina? Go to snork great snorkler. Now, Danny, I gotta tell you know. We just played musical chairs and I determined I made a tactical decision. I want to ask you if I made the right decision. So everyone's going snorkeling. Guess who the party pooper was, Yeah, that's right. I sat on the beach right near that beautiful casino in Catalina, that round building which is not an actual casino, it's a movie theater. You've got that, you got lover's cove on the other side. Amazing. Snorkeling just world class, and I love it. I've always loved snorkeling and Catalina. It's wonderful. But I sat up. Why did I sit out? I have dreadful hearing from working in radio, and I had bad hearing before I got into radio, So it's not like it's not like I started out with great hearing and then all of a sudden things went sideways. No, I have hearing that is just hor horrific, right, and so I have to be very mindful of that. And when I you know, I haven't been. I'm unable to find too many elixirs, the magic potions that will well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one of the problems I've had over the years is when I go into a swimming pool or the ocean and I swim, if I end up getting any water in my ear, I then have a major problem. I get this thing called swimmer's ear and my ability to hear. My auditory perception of sound goes way down, which becomes quite a problem here, And in my left ear I become almost hearing and paired, which is a problem. So I said, you know what, this is a big week for me. I got this dopey TV show. This is something I never thought would happen. It's happened. So now it's like, I do I really want to go snorkeling for like forty minutes and then have to deal for the next month because it takes about a month for my year to snap back. So I really want to deal with this, and I was like, nah no, So I sat. I think that was the right call. Though I don't know. He's like, yeah, maybe it might have been all right, Maybe I would have been okay, but I didn't want to chance it.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I have the same sort of ear canal issues. My left ear does the same thing. So the last time my wife and I were in Hawaii, and if we're there, she has to go snorkling.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: It's the favorite thing for a lot of people when they're in beautiful waters. So what we did is we got the air putty. There is special air plugs for the water. I think that's what you've got to try next time.
Speaker 1: Well, I've tried some, and I guess my ear drum is shaped, my ear canal is shaped weirdly. But is it over the counter? You can get ear plugs custom made.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much of those things cost.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should do that. That would be a good investment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ear the ear puddies do just get that at the Walgreens or CBS or something that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, and you know it was. It was kind of uncomfortable while I was in the water, but I was grateful that when we got back on the boat and we were done that day, I took them out and had no swimmers there, no issues.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good. Yeah. I've tried different ear plug things and so some of them have worked, okay, but usually, like even if a little water gets in my ear, I'm screwed. So it's like it has to be one hundred percent or it's either one hundred percent or nothing. You know, there's no middle ground and all that. And then if I had had water in my ear, I would have not only not been able to do the TV show well, but I would have I guess you could say I would have done a radio walk off, Dandy. I would have just walked off and that would have been that.
Speaker 4: You know, After Covino and Rich, I do post production, like find promos for them and get the podcast up and make their best of and take little drops out of the show, little funny moments, whatever the case might be. Takes me a couple of hours to get all that done. So while I'm in the production studio doing all that after the show live in the studio is the odd couple Chris Broussard. He's on the East Coast, but in the studio, the actual brand new, state of the art FSR Studios is on.
Speaker 1: Rob Parker, Rob Parker, Rob Parker, out of the Parker.
Speaker 3: Speaking of TV.
Speaker 4: He's got a new TV gig that's gonna be happening after Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 1: I saw that he's gonna be on Channel four in l A. And they actually film that right near this, like the next building over from where my show is filmed at Universal. So that's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: It is cool he and Jonas are going to be on that show. Yeah, props to them. So, you know, I get to hear some funny things coming out of that studio because let's just say, Rob's voice penetrates studio walls and doors.
Speaker 1: Rob, and he's you know, he does not stop when we're playing commercials. He's still going oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So even with my production studio door shut, I'll still hear him, especially in the hallway yelling down to the editors Peecocky about a pick that he had or something that was going on in a baseball game, you know, so it's kind of normal for me to hear him, but on Tuesday it was extra special. I call it a radio walk off because I happened to have my production studio door cracked open, and then I saw the reflection at his studio off the old studio door, and I'm glad I didn't have the door shut all the way, Ben, because I got to experience what I guess is the equivalent in our business to a crazy bat flip.
Speaker 3: Their argument.
Speaker 4: Their big debate on the air between Parker and Brusard was what is this game, this Thursday night game mean to the Detroit Lions with you know, Kelsey out and no Chris Jones. Rob Parker's take was if the Lions lose this game, they suck.
Speaker 3: They they just.
Speaker 4: Are the worst thing on the planet. There is no excuse for them to lose this game. And Chris Broussard had the other side of it, saying, you know, I'll respect them as long as they keep it close against the world champs, and Parker was screaming, how could you even have that take? Just admit it. The Lions are perennial losers. If they don't turn things around right now on Thursday night, this is their big chance. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. This is one of the loudest times I've ever heard Rob Parker on the air. So the segment is over. I heard a lot of the screaming and shouting. You know, as you know, there's hallway speakers, so I heard the speakers distorting with their argument on the air, and then a door flings open Rob Parker. I see the reflection of him walking out of the on air studio. This was like a bat flip Big Ben. He sees Shaye and some other editors down the hallway and he screams to them.
Speaker 3: Did you just hear me shouting on the air? That's how it's done. That's sports talk radio right there.
Speaker 4: And it was talk about peacocking. It was awesome to see, though, And at that moment I stopped and I thought to myself, Man, it's moments like this where I really got to take it in and appreciate where I'm at and what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's outstanding. I love I love working with Rob. When I've worked with him over the years, he's great. Did he do a pirouette? Did he just I.
Speaker 4: Mean it looked like he was about to round first and second base.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: And I feel feel bad for Rob because he has such disdain for the Detroit Lineons. There's such a hatred from his time with Detroit that he is convinced the Lions are going to be terrible and he is unwilling to change his position on the Lions. And if you look at the Detroit Lions schedule, they are set up based on the point spread games that you should win. The Lions have a pretty good opportunity. Now, usually you lose a game you're not supposed to lose, but if you just do what you're supposed to do, the Lions should get off to a six and zero start. And then if they play the Baltimore Ravens in Week seven, Ravens are pretty good team, so that's the game you can lose. But they're going to be favored over Seattle at home, Atlanta at home at Green Bay. I would be surprised if the Lions aren't favored there. Carolina is a bad team, the Bucks are a bad team. There's a lot of cupcase for the Lions to play early in the season, so you get off to a six and oh start seven and oh eight and oh I mean or your mate, your set. So they got a really favorable schedule. They do have to play the Cowboys, who are a good regular season team, and they play the Chargers and the Ravens outside and the Raiders. So we'll see what happens. But yeah, Rob Man, he he has no compassion for the Lion fan.
Speaker 3: He is just.
Speaker 5: I'm not impressed. I'm not anybody could have beaten the Chiefs, you know, that.
Speaker 3: Did what they should have done.
Speaker 5: Chris Tony game the game, that guy Tony there is Tony all right, So we have back scratcher, backscratcher.
Speaker 1: Now what is backscratcher? You scratch our back. We scratch her as it is our weekly tip of the on air light to the listener. You the loyal p one minion in the malor militia. And I want to point out, Danny, these are actual reviews. Like we don't make them up, We don't write them ourselves. These are just people that are fans. And if we don't have any reviews, we don't read the reviews. So Danny, do you think this week. We almost were completely shut out in the month of August. We had the last couple of days of August we avoided the shutout. We're now into the month of September. Do you think we had any reviews on the on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say, with you being a big TV star suddenly and with the afternoon show Cavino and Rich on fire, that the stars have aligned for at least two reviews on our page.
Speaker 1: Well, Danny, you will be happy to know, or maybe not happy to know, that we have exactly two review Oh yeah, what did I win? You win? And chicken dinner? So congratulations, you win a chicken dinner. All right, I want my chicken now. Speaking of that, the first mail, first message from Mike in beautiful Holland, Michigan. He says, I love the Fifth Hour podcast. I enjoy the dabbling into all aspects of sports and life. It's all about the life.
Speaker 3: That's right. Email.
Speaker 1: Actually, the post continues, he says, listen to me, Powers that be, Oh see, he knows the powers that be read these things on the Apple podcast page. This podcast is a winner, winn winner, he says, chicken dinner. See what I did there? God bless you both and congrats on Benny going against the Penny and Danny G's newborn. Plus the added bonus is the dash of history sprinkled in with the phrase that pays. How would I ever know we're crossing the Rubicon? Came from thank you, signed Mike and Hot Michigan, written while sitting at the beach on Lake Michigan. Wow, that is dope. That is cool love Lake Michigan. And my wife she had never been to Lake Michigan. We were in Chicago, driving around Chicago and we came across Lake Michigan and my wist said, well, that's like an ocean. I said, well, no, it's not an ocean. It's a lake. And it's so big though, it's like you might as well be an ocean, right, And it's like mass thinks, all those great lakes Lake Superior. Yeah, I'm a I'm a fan.
Speaker 4: It's like the first time I saw the Saltan Sea, I was like, what ocean is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Should be. It's like that's big enough. He's long everywhere. Alex the Seahawks fan, right, Sandy says hip with the youth. Hear that, Danny, We're not just a couple of boomers. We're not just a couple of old dudes. No, on all, we were late.
Speaker 4: I don't think our birthdays qualify as boomer anyways.
Speaker 1: We're definitely not boomers, but we were late to the cool young generation. Fold drizzle that will replace us, Danny when we're old and our bodies breakdown, and they'll replace us and take these jobs. And he says, hip with the youth, Alex and the Seahawk fan. Do you like sports?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well, the good news is big Ben and Danny g cover all sorts of topics in the entertainment film show. This podcast has easily earned a five star review from May How about that. That's big and it should from you as well. I'm currently in my senior year of high school, Alex tells us, and this, as well as the Overnight Show, have guided me through the past eleven months of my life. This duo never gets out and can turn the simplest of topics into an engaging podcast. Thank you for the hours you've poured in to working on the podcast YouTube. Keep up the good work, Alex the Seahawks fan, Well, thank you, Alex, and don't be upset with me when the rams beat your Seahawks tomorrow. Don't be angry. Everything will be okay. Everything's fine, But thank you, and you are in a great spot in life. You remember senior year of high school, Danny kind of nervous. You're not sure what's gonna happen after high school and what direction your life's gonna go. And you're like, are you gonna lose all your friends? It is a lot different though, now, I would say, because you can keep track of everybody on social media. But when we were in high school, it's like, you're pretty much. If you didn't get somebody's phone number, you're you know, you're done.
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, we were fresh off of sober grad night where we got to dance with the hot girls from the high school all night long.
Speaker 5: I got turned on and it scared me.
Speaker 3: Try to extend that sober grad night for a couple more years.
Speaker 1: Joja Bayay. Thank you guys for the reviews. It does help us out. I don't understand why, but you know whatever, it's the corporate machine.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: And you want to leave a review, you can do that. The podcast page, Danny, right up and running, and you put a review right there and help us out. Yes, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Click a description on this podcast and where you see the link click on that for writing a review and subscribing, and you'll page down. The big overall score of the podcast is right in front of you, and next to that it says write a review.
Speaker 3: Click on that.
Speaker 4: It'll have you make a handle hit five stars if you think we're worthy, and then write your review.
Speaker 1: And if you don't think we're worthy of five stars, and just don't bother. You know we're good. No, I'm kidding. Now, word of the week. Are you ready, Danny?
Speaker 3: Word of the week?
Speaker 1: I need the word? What is the word? The bird is the word? No, that's not the word. Bird is not the word this is. We don't do shout outs, well I guess we can. It's a podcast Mike and Holland Michigan. A fan of the word of the week or phrase of the week. We're gonna do a word though this week. The word of the week television television. Yeah, I wonder how I came up with that one. So the word is television. Now, this comes from a mix of a couple of words. There's a word in ancient Greek telly t e l e the beginning of television t e l e, which is ancient Greek that means far, and then in the Latin language visio means site. So they combined an ancient Greek word with a Latin word telly visio, and then they made that they morphed that into television, the first time that word has been documented in use. It does not go back that far. Television hasn't been around that long. The first use of the word television was in nineteen hundred by a Russian scientist, Constantine Persky was his name, and words was his game. He used it in some academic paper that was presented. It actually wasn't even just an academic paper. It was presented in France at the first International Congress of Electricity. Boy, that must have been really entertaining.
Speaker 3: They split pictures of root beer.
Speaker 1: Oh, that must have been wonderful. And that was in August of nineteen hundred during the International World's Fair in Paris. So it started at nineteen hundred. But the first time the word television appeared after that, they said, was nineteen oh seven. And there was this discussion about at the time what was supposed to be a theoretical device that transported images across telegraph or telephone wires. And then years later, I think it took another fifteen years roughly give or take, as the crow flies, and then that television came around. So when you hear me bragging or shouting about television, I think I'm bragging. But you know, television is a combo word of ancient Greek and Latin past together. Who knew, well, somebody knew.
Speaker 3: My mom had another name for it. She called it the boob tube.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and I use that too, Although I don't know the team the people actually work in TV. I don't know if they liked that boob tube. I think they they have a hatred. There's a contempt for that word, so I try to I only use that with my radio people. So we went a little longer on this one. Danny said, I think we'll move pop Goos the Culture to the Sunday podcast. That'll give us more time to find some stories for that. So I think we'll be good on that. And we have the mailbag, so we have a lot to get to on the Sunday podcast as well. Right, anything else you want to promote Saturday in the City College football all day long. Dion Sanders his second act for the Buffalos, the star of the college season so far.
Speaker 4: Well, the one thing I will give you a reminder on is, yes, we realize there is now going to be Sunday football games on, so I will do my very best to hurry my post production and get Sunday Show up before the first game. That way, you can download it and that'll be your pre game. So please keep downloading the Sunday edition of this show early in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, otherwise we'll just not do the Sunday Show. So we want to keep doing the mail Bag. People love the mail Bag. It's one of the more popular.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a new announcement.
Speaker 4: Then I will make sure Sunday Show is up by three pm on the West though.
Speaker 1: No, no, we watch it. We want you to be part of this, but we're not going to do it if no one's listening. And sometimes early in the NFL season things go now. But yeah, what's the sweet spot time for Friday morning? We tape on Friday morning, so that can't be earlier than when we're actually working. Yeah, but Sunday I'll have a little bit of a head start. I will say at least if you have maybe ninety minutes before the first game, that's enough time for you to get the Sunday show downloaded. Yeah yeah, so yeah, the Friday one, it'll be up. When it's up, Yeah, just deal with it, and we'll try to get it up as early. You know, Danny's got a lot of plates he's spinning, so he'll get it up as quickly as he can. But you've got the Malord Show to listen doing. You've got Covino and Rich, so you got plenty of audio content on Friday, and then this podcast, which was yesterday's podcast, is like bonus content. And then on Saturday, which is today, you got this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just remember nobody's sitting around drinking martinis with their feet up.
Speaker 3: On a counter. This is like serious business to us.
Speaker 4: So as soon as we can get it on the platform, will be up for your downloading pleasure.
Speaker 1: So stop berating us, stop yelling, and mind you know.
Speaker 4: What actually been The listeners have been really cool lately because a couple of years ago, when I first joined you, it reminded me about kick the coverage because there would be people literally tapping their foot waiting for the upload and talk about pressure.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know for sure, And I get that during the week if if something goes wrong, people get very contentious and they blame me, and I'm like, well, I don't. I don't have anything to do with that. I mean, that's not well.
Speaker 3: Your dating is on it, so it is your fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, there was a day this week for some reason, Hour two of the Thursday podcast didn't make it up. There was some kind of glitch, something went wrong. Maybe there was a bot attack. I don't know what happened. And I'm getting messages people are wanting to squabb with me. You fired, they're upset with me. They're taking me to task and you know, dressing me down an email. I'm like, well, I don't, I mean, you know, to do with that. I did the hour I mean I did. I didn't take hour two off. I didn't say let me do hour one. I'll take our two off. I'll go have a burger, a cheeseburger, and then I'll come back for hour three. So there's no need to laceen to me. You know, we'll get it up. And I don't know what happened hour two. I don't know if our two ever made it up, I have no idea, but people were very hot blooded.
Speaker 3: It's a good problem to have.
Speaker 4: And can you imagine taping podcasts that nobody wants to hear?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I've done radio shows no one wanted to hear, so I do know that. Anyway, I definitely don't want to go back to that world. I toally do not want. I would much rather have a dysfunctional relationship with a bunch of grumpy, belligerent cantaker as people that are unsympathetic to the lives that we lead. Danny then have to do a show where it's just h there's nothing, there's no buzz, there's no juice. You don't want that.
Speaker 3: That's the great? Uh well, what's his name? You know? Weber?
Speaker 1: Uh uh, not Chris Weber, but Brian Weber.
Speaker 4: Brian Weber as the great. Brian Weber once said to me at NBC Sports Radio, are.
Speaker 3: We even on the air right now? Not even phone call? What is this in college radio?
Speaker 1: Is outstanding?
Speaker 3: Uh? Now?
Speaker 1: He didn't he didn't complain on the air, did he. Because you're never supposed to go there. You're never supposed to go there. You on the air. But it is funny when you're you know, and these things happen from time to time. People come in there and they'll say, well, you're on five hundred radio stations, you know, and all this, and but a lot of the call a lot of the shows don't take calls anymore. So people have kind of been programmed over the years to stop calling as much, and people got stuff going on and all that. But it's funny when people have absolute meltdowns. And one of my favorite stories when I did local radio in La they hired one of the news inc one of the sports news guys who was a big star. That was back when local television really mattered and it was a big deal and all that, and so they hired this guy and his theory was he was going to come in there and not do any prep read a couple of lines out of the La Times, the print edition of the La Times, add a little of his opinion on top of it, give out the phone number, toss the break for the rest of the hour. He was going to take call, and he has all planned out, right, So he opens up the show. He reads like the Bill Plashki column in the La Times and the TJ. Seimers column from Back in the Day, does a quick take, gives out the number, goes to break, comes back from break, no calls, h not a single person called. And this guy, uh I was not the name. Maybe he's still working in the business, but was such a prima donna. Okay, he was so he had nothing. He didn't know what to do, It's like, and so then he starts giving out his name and mentioning the station, the TV station he works at, thinking well, that'll get people to call because I'm important, don't you know who I am. I'm a cool kid. You know, you're you know you people are wallowing here listening to a radio show. But I'm on you know, doing that. And it didn't work, and it was he just unraveled. It was so good. It was so the audience gave him the silent treatment and it was so good. But it was just wonderful. Have a great rest of the Saturday. We got the mail bag on Sunday and also pop goes the culture will talk to you then, Yeah, wait, wat watch Beta versus the Penny today.
Speaker 3: You know what ends on this TV thing? Yeah? Watch google Ben Maller on television. Now you don't want to see that asta pasta hi.
Speaker 1: I like the Saints