Speaker 1: Oh man, I just I had a hard time today. You're gonna hear why in the brand new episode of our Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: It starts right now.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here at the official podcast center of the world. It's Brook and Jeffreys Second Day Podcast. Yeah, that's that's all I'm gonna say about it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Today it's a little just like rage bait this man. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's gonna be a lot of comments probably fore and against him, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah's true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do we got in our comments section? Todate beyeah him?
Speaker 4: We have Banana said what our name? Every morning I listen to your podcast on my way to Costco. I have another day of working. Thanks for being here and getting me through the day. As I hear whether or not what box is right?
Speaker 2: Question marks? Oh no, Costco? Yeah, Costco? All right, here we go in bulk y Second Date update starts right now.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 5: You know, Brooke was just commiserating with me the other day about how hard it is for men on the dating apps. Man, she just feels every day terrible.
Speaker 2: I just can't imagine how hard it is to be a man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was saying it's not fair that men are treated so unfairly, struggling now more than any other time in history.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've just had such a rough go throughout the centuries.
Speaker 5: I'm like reliving the conversation all over again. And because that's kind of a widely known fact that men are struggling on the apps right now, all these different new strategies are emerging from dudes about how to deal with it, how to beat it and win the dating game, just like our listener today, Enrique, who says he is a very specific strategy that's been working like no other time in his life.
Speaker 1: And I am sure if he is on our show that means he is winning.
Speaker 5: I agree, Enrique. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Hey, thanks for having me guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I really picked up jess sarcasm today, like I took it on.
Speaker 5: You know, you're glow. It's amazing on Brook right, Yeah it is. She's blushing a little bit. Enrique. So you mentioned in your email that you have a particular dating strategy that you claim works really well, and you're willing to share it totally.
Speaker 6: Man to rule number one, I never ask a woman any questions ever, especially on like on dating apps. It's so many pathetic guys, man, you know, like questions like how's your day? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why? Why is that pathetic to care about how someone's doing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: How do you keep the combo going?
Speaker 2: You just don't Okay, it's not.
Speaker 1: The best question in the world. But I don't think that asking questions is a bad thing. That means you're interested, you're trying to learn about that.
Speaker 5: Enrique Telbrook, why she's wrong?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, all right, all right, So I'm going to teach you guys a little lesson over here for free.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: So, psychologically an attractive woman, weach questions, and I think it's like that man has low value.
Speaker 5: If you ask a woman a question, she thinks your low value.
Speaker 6: Well, it was just like that, very genetic, you know. So just happened to the girl that I asked out the other days. You know, I was like, I'm going to some folio at eight o'clock tonight, meet me there. I gave her the location and she did.
Speaker 1: I actually don't think that piece is a bad strategy because sometimes the back and forth about what we want to do we're going to go just get well, it gets exhausting.
Speaker 2: Excisiveness is nice.
Speaker 5: Well, he didn't ask you what you thought about his strategy, Brooks, So guess.
Speaker 2: What I'm going to give my opinion anyway, Je.
Speaker 5: You and might get along. Yes, but is this the girl that we're going to be calling?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Indeed, what's her name?
Speaker 6: And Amie's Kinsley?
Speaker 5: Does your philosophy about no questions change once you're in person, face to face with her?
Speaker 6: Well, when I'm with the person in person, right, I go full narcissist.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: You What do you mean you go full narcissist?
Speaker 6: I just talked about myself again, just the whole thing. If you present yourself as the best option, she will pursue you.
Speaker 2: So you're like the best froyo flavor in the in the case.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Bro? What do you what do you think makes you the best option?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you brag about when you're with Kensley?
Speaker 6: And like I said, again, you know, I don't ask her any questions. I just make it about me, me and me.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: Okay, basically that's the whole line. I don't send pump to nobody.
Speaker 5: Okay, and by your strategy, she thinks you're so great. From that conversation, she's going to want to pursue you and never failed, buddy, except for right now, because you've reached out to us.
Speaker 6: Well, Kinsley is the first one. That's why I'm reaching out to you.
Speaker 2: Can I ask how long is this froyo date with Kinsley?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How much of it does she have to How long did she have to suffer?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: I mean, look put it this week, we had our froyo, we went on a walk and less than half an hour we were making out. Oh wow, they're gonna last too long because I had another day lined up like two hours later.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you even do that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you had back to back dates on the same night. Could she have possibly found out about the other date?
Speaker 6: I don't think she found out because I didn't tell her anything. And again, it was just a date. I thought.
Speaker 5: He was like, oh I told her about it because of course, yeah, well me loved it.
Speaker 2: It would fit the philosophy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's nice to you leave a little mystery for Kinsley to find out about you later. I think that's I think that's pretty cool. So have you since that date with Kinsley? Have you texted her?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't do the texting thing. Man's well, lo low value you.
Speaker 2: Guys do Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, if you haven't texted her or called her or anything, how do you know she doesn't want to go out with you again?
Speaker 6: That's why I'm calling you, guys. I mean, you guys get paid to help us out, don't you, Not by you but one? You know. So if you don't have me, you don't have a job.
Speaker 2: Oh so we should be grateful towards you.
Speaker 5: I hey, thank you so much. We just want to thank you. Yeah, yeah, we're very welcome.
Speaker 6: I just to make sure everybody has a job. At the end of the day.
Speaker 5: We'll be nice. He's paying all of our bills, you know.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes behavior like this is just masking insecurity, and so I am sure that you are a lovely person who maybe just needs a good hug.
Speaker 6: Brooke, Brooke, I just got a reminder, you're married. You can't do nothing with me. I respect married women.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe shocking, but.
Speaker 2: That is not a concertive mind right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, but real quick, it's been how many days since you haven't texted Kinsley there are They was three days ago, three.
Speaker 2: Days and she hasn't reached out to you. You're in the stalemate, right, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Usually they reached out like in between four maybe five hours, but this is a little strange. So again, that's why I'm calling you, guys, if not only bothering calling anybody.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 2: He does have another radio show book two hours later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even still, it is a privilege that we get to do this on your behalf. Thank you so much for giving us the honor of Kinsley and asking her all the questions that you're not.
Speaker 2: Willing to and teaching us such life lessons.
Speaker 5: Thank you. We're going to continue this journey together when we demonstrate what a high value man you are with your second date update. Right after this hold on man Brook and.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the morning second date updates, We're on.
Speaker 5: The phone with a very unique, self confident individual named Enrique who's adopted a dating strategy that involves one main rule. Never ask a woman any questions ever, because that demonstrates low value as a man. Wait.
Speaker 1: I don't know there's a rule or not, but you also can't text her after the date to find out if you can go out again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that's a question kind of implying there except for one recent date with a woman named Kinsley where they went to fro Yo and made out passionately, but it has been three days. She has not texted him since, and also he hasn't texted her either, because again it would demons straight low value.
Speaker 2: A radio station not low value yea.
Speaker 5: And since he can't ask the question, why aren't you calling me for another date? Because remember, he doesn't ask questions, he's getting us to ask it for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're grateful for that.
Speaker 5: Remember that's also the Brook could not be more thrilled that we are doing this on your behalf in Regay. So thank you so much.
Speaker 6: No, you're very very welcome.
Speaker 2: I did not say that and ask your questions.
Speaker 5: Why don't you just tell her like call me back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then he's the one reaching out first. Sorry pathetic.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, talk about you desperate and Brooke.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you're learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta tell you your play is not that complicated. I think that he took that as a compliment.
Speaker 5: Simple and easy, breezy works every time.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be kind of quiet on this one, all right, no problem.
Speaker 5: Before we actually call her, let's just like remind everyone not to blow in Rique's cover, because I'm sure he's saying all this stuff to us. It probably didn't come out on his date to Kinsley.
Speaker 1: He didn't say, I can't ask you any questions because it's against my moral dating code.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's keep that between us.
Speaker 1: If she just noticed, I actually would love to not repeat it ever again on the same page.
Speaker 5: Perfect, We are ready to go. Let's dial her right now.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Kinsley? Yes, Hey Kinsley. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and Oka, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi. Why are you calling me so happy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sound very positive. We're calling because we do a segment on this show called the Second Date Update. Okay, and if you're familiar with that, but basically, it's where we can help out listeners who've been out on a date with somebody recently, but they're not getting a chance to meet up a second time. We can try and reach out and figure it out if there's a reason for it. That's so free. Yeah, thank you for saying that. I do think it's kind of sweet. We do kind of God's work over here. Well, bottom line is a guy named Enrique has asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 3: Enrique.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're excited.
Speaker 3: What did he say say about me?
Speaker 2: Did you always know.
Speaker 1: When someone goes up at the end of every question, they're excited.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He told us about your date to the Froyio shop and said it went really well.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you guys did have a really good makeout session.
Speaker 3: He did tell us that it was really good.
Speaker 5: So he did mention to us that the date was kind of brief, so he wanted to spend more time with you, but couldn't.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear what you have to say about Enrique and the date.
Speaker 3: He seems really nice, like a really busy guy, you know, so we couldn't spend a lot of time together, but you know, very confident and I really like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay. So the reason that we're doing this call is because Enrique was under the impression that you would have reached out to him and tried to organize another meetup and you don't seem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't do that because the gate was kind of expensive.
Speaker 1: The Froio day I'm with you, like you get those toppings on there and then you put it on the way station and you're like, whoa, but did we just spend over ten dollars on a cup.
Speaker 5: Of frozen but you didn't your h scream?
Speaker 2: I tell you if you get those strawberries, it's like any sure?
Speaker 5: Why are you saying it's expensive?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: It was expensive because I had to pay for both of us and I wasn't really expecting that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and wait, you didn't you offer to pay?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I don't really remember how it went, but I did end up paying, but I didn't mind.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, fine, if you offered and he took you up on it and you're okay with it, So why aren't you calling him? What does that have to I don't get the expensive part of the date.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just that he said that next time he really wanted to go to Ruth Chris and I only work a part time job, so I can't really afford that right now? For it?
Speaker 1: Are you sure you would be the one that paid for a date that was his idea?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, he's the next time you meet that I would cover it and they would be at Ruth Chris he said you.
Speaker 5: Would cover it, and you're okay, So you said it, so you're open to that total concept. It's just you don't have the money right now to afford the next date within mercy for a date.
Speaker 6: Yes, so I didn't want to call him until I was ready.
Speaker 5: Oh awful, I see what's happened. Yeah, fix it? Fix what I mean, it's all pretty much fixed. She just doesn't have enough money. And I'm sure he would be understanding if he had just known that upfront, because I need to tell you Kinsley. Enrique is on the other line of this phone call, listening, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: He is, yeah, and he'd better be embarrassed.
Speaker 5: Enrique.
Speaker 3: Stuff, Enrique, I'm so sorry I haven't called you.
Speaker 2: You're apologizing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Yes, I paid for the kid, and I left that tip. You know, I said clip regular and then you said they had really really good service, so I tipped extra. Well, I just really wasn't budgeting for that.
Speaker 5: Did you just say that he asked you to tip more on top of the tip you already paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he could be really really good service for us.
Speaker 5: That's a self.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, we need to take care of the employees who take care of this country.
Speaker 2: There's no we in that she paid for it. That's not a wee situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we were together.
Speaker 2: No, no, Enrique, Why aren't you going to pay for Ruth?
Speaker 1: Chris? If it's your idea and it's where you want to go, then it's just kind of an unwritten rule in dating. And then you're the one that pays for it, says who you know. It's just like it's like common courtesy.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, guys, you haven't given him a really hard time. He has a different opinion and these he is in a different way, all right.
Speaker 1: Her voice got so high at the end that I wasn't actually clear exactly what she said.
Speaker 5: Well, she doesn't appreciate you coming after her, man Like, yeah, she's got to stand up for her. Guy.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Kensley. You don't want to be with someone who's going to make you go broke just to go on a date with them, you know what.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm saving though, so I can ford it later.
Speaker 5: Oh god, yes, okay, the date money behind it. I'm just happy we were able to open up a channel of communication between these two and finally sort out what was the problem.
Speaker 2: Just ask him about the date. Oh, let's get through this.
Speaker 5: At the risk of sounding low value as a man, I'm going to ask a question.
Speaker 6: One second. Can I just say one thing though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, if not to you guys, okay, okay, another statement, Ley, I love your lip. Okay, oh wow? All right, Well this is perfect. So at this point we'd officially like to ask. I mean, normally i'd ask Kinsley, but I know where her head's at, So I'll ask Enrique, would you go out on a date with Kinsley to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Kinsley will pay for it?
Speaker 2: We pay for it. Yeah, don't you dare? Don't you dare? We are paying for it.
Speaker 6: Wait one second? Wait wait, wait, wait, wait one second, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 5: I'm the one who has to agree.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, ye, we're paying for it. I don't care what Jeff said.
Speaker 6: We'll pay for no, no, no, no, Brook for the date.
Speaker 5: Then I say, yes, okay, Brooke, out of her own personal wallet, will pay for it.
Speaker 2: And Brook oh hell no, I won't.
Speaker 5: I mean Kinsley won't stay.
Speaker 3: Thank you Brooks so much. This will go really long way because I'm only working part time right now, but I really appreciate you helping us out.
Speaker 5: Brook is so nice. That's what I love about her.
Speaker 2: Kensley email me.
Speaker 5: We've broken Brook officially. Second date update, total success.
Speaker 6: Wow, jeff did you guys learn something today?
Speaker 2: Did we learn the guys?
Speaker 5: That sounded like a question to me, bro Are you changing your game on me? No?
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm just saying that you guys learn Look who's paying for the date at the end?
Speaker 1: Did they?
Speaker 5: Brooke? You are the master?
Speaker 2: After I email Kinsley, there's not going to be another date, that's what you think. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Text in seventy five nine to two says why wouldn't Brooks stand up for that lady? More? Another says not cool? Brook just lost respect.
Speaker 2: On listen, here's the thing. Some people don't want to be stood up for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know what, I'm gonna come to Brooks defense here. I think Brooke tried and maybe she just wasn't as articulate as she is most of the time in these types of situations. But please, if you want to blame anybody for what just happened, put it on me.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you're gonna put it on Kinsley again.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, it was my fault for listening to what Kinsley said she wanted.
Speaker 2: It was your fault for choosing this guy's email that was producer boy.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's not my choice. But we try to live by a rule on this show that we don't force our will onto the listeners.
Speaker 2: I don't live by that rule.
Speaker 5: Well, what we want isn't necessarily what the listeners.
Speaker 2: Want, and it might be what's best for them, Jack, it might be, but.
Speaker 5: If they want to choose their own path in life, that's their choice to do it.
Speaker 6: Sometimes we want drama.
Speaker 2: We don't come crying to us, Okay, And so.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not even gonna force you to go find our podcast and hit subscribe.
Speaker 6: I am not like that.
Speaker 5: It's your life. You subscribe to whatever podcast you want to, hopefully it's ours Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You stop asking questions. Yeah, so you can't even ask people. I'm not going to ask you.
Speaker 2: Just do it. Stop talking.
Speaker 5: You got it.