Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you, and that's what you really miss podcast. We're back. Thanks for being with us last week as we got through that. We are Season five, Episode four, Katie or Agaga ooh.
Speaker 2: This originally aired on November seventh, two thousand and thirteen. We had a little break after the quarterbacks, and now we're back and just sort of presenting the quarterback didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just move very much past it like a gust of.
Speaker 2: Wind, which is fine, you know now the way, sure, we're in this. I fully now you know we were prepared by people to be like this season's crazy from episode to episode. I fully understand it now, I get it. I get we were all just looking for something to distract ourselves, chaotic, like give us joy, give us big musical numbers, anything to distract Yeah, and I think it is thankful for that. Thankful for that.
Speaker 1: The number one song was Royals by Lord. Ugh.
Speaker 2: Little didn't we know that Lord would be there to change the game.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: The number one movie one of my favorite books of all time, Enders Game. He's not great Okay, great.
Speaker 1: This book is better. Book much better in Glean is this week. On October sixteenth, at the Pailey Center event honoring FX Network, Ryan had announced the Glee's sixth season would be its last, and he discussed having to come up with the new ending of the show in the week of Corey's passing. Kevin, do you want to read this quote that he says?
Speaker 2: Sure, Ryan said, I will not do my Ryan impression. The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Corey and Finn's story. I always knew that. I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was, he was in it, I knew what the last line was, she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens, you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do. So we're figuring that out now.
Speaker 1: Okay, devastating. This was directed by Ian Brennan, another Great friend in a close Space. Yeah yeah, yeah, We've got Adam Lambert, We've got Damil Lovado. So fun. Okay, this is my favorite part of this hype episode are the songs. Most of the songs, there's only a few shockingly. It feels like there's a lot more.
Speaker 2: Because they are big numbers.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, we did Marry the Night that's performed by Star Child.
Speaker 2: Jenna. Were you in this music video?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of mary. Yes, I was in this music video with Lady Gaya.
Speaker 2: That's right. Jenna's been in the Lady Gaga video and a Katie Perry music. That's right.
Speaker 1: This is the episode. This is my episode. That's funny. I was in Lady Gaga's video. I was more in her. She directed this video. This is her directorial debut of her music videos. She did this and it was about a personal moment in her life. And we shot this like short film that was supposed to be inserted into the music video that never quite made it in because this music video is already very long. Yes, and so you see like snippets of if you look really, really close, you see snippets of me in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see like the top of your head a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was there for two days and she called Ryan and said, please let Jenna out. This is like a couple of I think of the year before or something, and so please let Jenna out of work so she can come to this music video and when Ryan Lady Gaga calls Ryan Murphy, Ryan Murphy says, Okay.
Speaker 2: Probably one of the only people.
Speaker 1: And got excused from being ugly for that moment. Okay. Applause by Gaga and that's performed by Artie Blaine, Marley Ryder and Sam Wide.
Speaker 2: Awake, performed by Jake, Katy, Tina and Unique and Rare.
Speaker 1: My favorite performer, New Directions and Pamela and Lansbury. Sorry the New the new band. That's for me so fun.
Speaker 2: Fact, Jenna, this is the first episode of season five that has a recap segment.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. The earlier ones didn't have that either. This is the fourth episode where all the members of a New Direction present in the episode have a solo. The first is the pilot, the second is Britney two point zero the thirties teen in the Sky with Diamonds. Wow.
Speaker 2: The drummer for Starchild's performance and for the performance of Roar is Drew Stein, who is damiel Vado's drummer for her performances in real life.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: I did not know that either.
Speaker 1: Samba's applause teaser, which is insane, is a parody of Lady Gaga's Art Pop teaser picture with the plastic advisor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, come on, Lady Gaga re search now all that? That also was beautifully shot. Oh how funny what high school back then especially had that level of production and sam to have the taste to have that level of production.
Speaker 1: Phoebe's reaction to it.
Speaker 2: Jake's lion costume was inspired by the rum tug tugger from Andeloid Revers Musical Cats, obviously.
Speaker 1: Also one of my favorite moments in the show. This is the second Lady Gaga themed episode with another artist, this time obviously shared with Katy Perry, the first with theatricality that was also shared with Gusts.
Speaker 2: The songs that were sung were the last singles from Katy Perry and Lady Gaga's Teenage Dream and Borne the Sway eras, and the lead singles from the Prison and Art Pop.
Speaker 1: Eras fun I loved both of those eras for both of them. This is the fourth tribute episode in a row of season five.
Speaker 2: Wool.
Speaker 1: This is the only time this has occurred again. The season was like, what can we do to distract everyone?
Speaker 2: The song's applause and roar were released on August thirteenth, when technically it was supposed to be Spring twenty thirteen. In the world of Glee, oh Mata.
Speaker 1: After applause was performed, the next scene shows Katy, Jake, Tin, and Unique squabbling about how amazing the performance they just saw was. Kitty even says did you just see what they did? Showing that they had watched the performance. However, they are wearing different outfits than the ones during applause, so it can't be the same day people change we do, Okay, that was must have been a production mishap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like there might have been a couple moments like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: When the episode begins, mister Hue says that they are six weeks away from Nationals. However, when Sue suspensic Glee Club members, he claims that there were only four weeks left early for Nationals, while only one week has passed.
Speaker 1: So even within the episode, we're scrambling here, okay, scrambling to write episode, scrambling to get things done. This is like when you have a writer, one writer write one scene and one writer write another scene, and then somebody doesn't put the pieces together. Look, but we love it.
Speaker 2: Whatever we gave you great performances. We love it, we new sets, we gave you costumes we did. We gave you crazy storyline. What more do you want from us?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, it's wild?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Here is the official episode summary, Jenna Okay. The members of the New Directions tackle their assignment of getting out of their comfort zones and determining whether they're more like a Katie, Katy Perry or Lady Gaga. Kurt holds auditions for his new band and must decide to feel let in the overly bold performer star Child Okay Adam Lambert. Meanwhile, Jake gets closer to breathe as he and Marley grow apart.
Speaker 1: We're setting the scene with Katie Orgada. This is the episode. It runs through both New York and McKinley, So let's start there.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you have Adam Lambert come onto the show, Oh my God, and his first song is Mary the Night, Oh my God. I didn't remember like how it exactly happened, but I knew I needed to hear it again. I was like, let me see this performance, because that is a match made in heaven.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: What a freak? How is his voice? That good.
Speaker 1: I have trouble understanding it because I'll never get over it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been in the world of Adam Lambert since like two thousand and nine. Yep, like we should be used to it. I will never get used to how good he is.
Speaker 1: No, agreed, Agreed, It's actually otherworldly. So Kurt decides to start a band with Danny and Santana, which is really fun. I'm into it. And he holds open auditions because Rachel says she can't because she's busy with Funny Girl and she has to put all of her energy towards that. And he holds the auditions. We get we get star Child, we get to be graced with Mary in the Night. I can't wait for more of him. I'm sad we didn't get to work with him.
Speaker 2: Me too, you know yeah, I mean I would like to know what it was for people watching this, because the idea of having Demi Lovato Adam Lambert in a band together, it's like a fantasy. I never knew I had what a crew like absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, So he joins the band. We get, we getst our Child.
Speaker 2: But I was a little upset with Kurt yeah, because Kurt is like, no, it's going to be a note in Naya's reaction or Santana's reaction during the entire startup performance is so funny in the audience because like, mouth agape, how is this person so good?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And then Kurt being the one to be like, no, no, it's too much like I'm sorry. We all remembered how you how you dressed from season one of how Dare You say? Somebody is doing too much? Luckily, Kurt comes.
Speaker 1: To his senses and senses and is going to allow him to join, thankfully.
Speaker 2: I really liked the scene between them, Yes, and then when you see Adam Lambert out of like the Star Child costume, Yeah, and it's like daytime.
Speaker 1: Elliott.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And like having that real conversation between like struggling artists was a really nice thing to have for sure. There's also Sue here. Sue's reigniting her war between herself and Will, which yeah, we do. And Sue says everything that Glee has warned to school is inappropriate and has a problem because she sees three into her office dressed in the iconic.
Speaker 1: The construction tape look, and then.
Speaker 2: You cut to Sue wearing the cage on her head talking about her colonoscopy, And I honestly, the very as heightened and crazy as a lot of the SOOO stuff is the moment when Bree's like, it's Katie or Gaga week and they're deciding if they're Katie or Gaga, and She's like, are they really going around saying it's their Katie or Gaga? That may be the most annoying thing they've ever done. And I really appreciated that, because if anyone knows all the things the Glee Club has done and kept track of it, it is Sue.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: And she absolutely hates them and finds them so annoying, but also she likes how annoying they are.
Speaker 1: Oh, she loves it. She thrives on it. Yeah, she needs it, she does. And she's going to suspend us, which is crazy. This is wild. We're like, uh, excuse me, Sue says. It appears to bol Shuster is taking up the age old question. That is vexed creepy pederasques some Socrates. Before Katie versus Gaga, it was Jackie versus Marilyn Betty versus Veronica, Mary Tom Lincoln versus Martha Washington. Why must we always choose between two female pop archetypes. Why can't we just be them all? You know what, she has a point.
Speaker 2: She's not wrong, she's not wrong. That was like the whole issue with Taylor versus Beyonce last summer. It's like, why are we pitting two successful women against each other?
Speaker 1: The most successful women. Yes, they're so different. They're not trying to be putting against each other. They're trying to create some good art.
Speaker 2: They're both great. There's a room for everyone.
Speaker 1: Literally, Okay, just let it be you guys, let it be Jena. So now back in McKinley, it is Katie Orgaga week. We find out our competition for Nationals is third Explosion.
Speaker 3: Jenna the moment, this is the moment where I have a full Tina has a full melt down and Kevin cannot contain himself.
Speaker 2: Kevin is a bad actor.
Speaker 1: That was really an honest reaction and it was so funny. I remember doing that. It was I couldn't keep it together. It's really funny because your reaction.
Speaker 2: Works didn't like have you do it back to back to back, like you just kept screaming at different levels, and I was losing it. And then obviously we were just like yeah, bigger.
Speaker 1: Bigger, yeah, like egging me on, and I was like, let's go for it. Yeah we a release, and yeah I needed the release and you guys needed a laughter. So I'm glad that we could do that together. So this week's sigment, it's gonna be Katie Perry Lady Gaga. The Katies obviously will sing Gaga songs, and the Gaga's will sing Katie songs. It's an interesting crew of who identifies with whom did.
Speaker 2: You get to pick? Like, do you remember being asked if you were a Katie or a Gaga or did they just pick for us?
Speaker 1: I don't remember being asked. I do think that they assumed because I did a lot of Gaga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the.
Speaker 1: Show, Tina was absolutely a Ga gay Yeah, but I don't know about everybody else. I feel like it was written. I don't know, do you did you get asked?
Speaker 2: No? No, But I remember we were all talking about it like what we would be in real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, okay.
Speaker 2: But I was just really happy to get to do Gaga and if that meant I had to be a Katie technically edit care.
Speaker 1: I know I was a little bummed that I didn't get to do Gaga again, but applause was really worth it for you guys, So I'm I'm grateful for it. Okay, So let's talk about applause. You guys did applause. Yes. Sam is also simultaneously trying to universon, trying to impress Penny. Penny is still here. Phoebe Stroll is still here. This is why I remember having more time with Phoebe was because you know, aside from Tina and the Sky was like, I was like, I feel like I hung out with Phoebe a bunch, and she's here. She's here again. I love that she's still here. So Nurse Penny had told Sam that she had like this very dark, you know, music fandom, and yet she lied it's not it's actually her ex boyfriends who had these dark feeling loving feelings for dark music. So they don't have the same taste in music. And so Sam is going to woo her. He's going to woo her with his Gaga performance, and thinks thinks he's just going to do do the judge, do the trick.
Speaker 2: He's gonna I love Penny. She is a little weirdo totally, and I just love how like normal she seems, and then everything that comes out of her mouth is like sort of contradictory and off. Yeah, it's like I am very into everything that's happening.
Speaker 1: And Sam is like enamored by it. Yes, I love that they're cute. They're really really cute.
Speaker 2: They are really cute, rude, And I love Sam's whole campaign to do Gaga do Applause, that whole video, like we've mentioned that he makes to rile up the little monsters to come to the performance, which, by the way, nobody shows up to. He makes his whole video and puts it on everybody's computer, like it was the You two album that ended up on everybody's.
Speaker 1: Phone, and here here he is nobody's.
Speaker 2: Nobody shows up. I mean, I was like, that doesn't track for me. We are national champions. People would show up to see this.
Speaker 1: I'm also confused by the whole thing of like people getting suspended throughout this episode, Like Glee Club gets suspended and then Marley gets suspended.
Speaker 2: We have to talk about the Marley thing, but this Applause performance happens the rehearsal for this was chaos because you know, like in rehearsals, we don't normally have a lot of different things to work with. We normally, like you learn to dance, you get on stage where you're going to be shooting it, and then that's where you do everything. For some reason, they built like a fake stage in the Powerhouse, which is our dance studio. So they built a whole catwalk thing. Oh really in the Powerhouse, And then I had to figure out how to work that big like inflatable pillow thing, which was not working. It actually kept getting caught in the wheels, which I say in the lines, but like, yeah, it was a mess. And also because we're all doing different things and so you know, like us hurting cats, if we were not being given the attention of like what we were doing, we were just like to do.
Speaker 1: It was kind of crazy because I feel like that whole that that number, watching that number was very focused because of the camera. But I agree everybody was doing their own freeforma.
Speaker 2: It was chaos because then also figuring out like what works for everyone, where like Cord has these gigantic wings that are not easy to move with and maybe He's not the most coordinated dancer, so like, how do you figure out how.
Speaker 1: To navigate that?
Speaker 2: Right? What does the platform inside the gigantic top hat look like? But I just said, like all the departments just absolutely killed at this episode.
Speaker 1: It was such a spectacle to watch, and I'm so grateful for that number. I love that number. I know you guys loved doing it. I remember it. That was really really a great one. It was shot beautifully.
Speaker 2: It was shot just like the music video, like it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Totally, and everybody looked psychopath like in it. Y'all looked crazy, But I loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what it's like if they tell us to just like, there's no way you could be too much. That is the most fun you can possibly have.
Speaker 1: You guys were great. It was really really great.
Speaker 2: And I remember so Matt Peacock, that's when a key was around, right, Yeah, we were trying to like learn how to do the art pop thing with the hands afterwards, and I got to do the art pop makeup. I also think it was maybe my favorite vocal I've ever done.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, sound great.
Speaker 2: I think it might be that also might be why I love this number. So much. But you love the judge run again.
Speaker 1: You know you sound great. The song is great.
Speaker 2: Everyone was so good.
Speaker 1: Everybody was it was a plus plus. Sorry, I just rated the number.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong. Well, then Marley get suspended.
Speaker 1: Right, why for not wearing a bikini? No, doesn't she get suspended because she she put herself in front of her and before everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, she's not doing the assignment.
Speaker 1: She's dancing throughout it, acting crazy, but.
Speaker 2: It's because like the outfit that she was supposed to wear made her feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Right, which is also insane, Like.
Speaker 2: It's like you're never you're never beating the creepy allegations.
Speaker 1: I know, you know. Claudia Astrey on the Toast was talking about this this morning about Glee and how she actually hates mister Shoe more than anybody in the world.
Speaker 2: And the more I watch it, I'm like, the thing, the thing that is aging the worst out of the show, mister true some of the ship, mister Shoe says.
Speaker 1: I know, it's crazy. Yeah, I also like think I should be bothered more by the fact that, like Penny is technically the nurse at school. But I guess because she's a college student still, and she's like interning, like they're like making out and holding hands, and I'm like, I don't know, but it doesn't bug me. It doesn't bug me, but it's not appropriate.
Speaker 2: I feel the exact same way.
Speaker 1: So Jake is like kind of bored with like the redundancy of like what they do every weekend, like going to like breadsticks and watching a movie, which sounds great to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, this sounds ideal.
Speaker 1: I will date Marley, yeah exactly. And obviously she gets suspended, but like he's kind of like feeling this like stuck in a rut feeling, and then bree in her like plan to take down the glee club, which you know is always the head Cheerios job. It's gonna like try and woo Jake, I guess, and he's like, no, no, I'm good. I'm like super in love with Marley. I'm good. I don't need to be doing this. And Riley's like, you should do it, you should do it. Go choreograph for the Cheerios, Jake, because you can dance. Not a good move. So Jake has been like I have a trouble with Jake. In this episode, a little bit because like he's like I've waited and I've been really patient with you, and I've been kind and I've listened, and like now I really want to make out with the integer boobs and like do stuff. And she's like, no, I don't really, I'm not that person and I'm not this you know Katie, and like that you think I am, and like.
Speaker 2: Well, he also like threw out, like you know with any other girls, this would have happened so long ago, and like I've been so good, impatient with you and she's like yeah, um brom okay again, that wouldn't fly right now.
Speaker 1: That just wouldn't be good if that was on now. So he gets pissed and he goes off and he meets up with Brie and something bad's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: They're not even like sugarcoating it. He's like where can we go someplace it's private and she's like, I'll bring my coat because I don't want to get grass staines on my uniform? Like what dirty literally dirty.
Speaker 1: Poor Marley. Everything was going so well.
Speaker 2: Bria is up to no good, no never is. I don't trust her.
Speaker 1: She's cuckoo.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely could go.
Speaker 1: So then Tina, Kitty, Jake and Unique who are the Gagas see the scene. They have that scene where they're like all panicking. They've seen you guys perform applause. They're like, oh my god, oh my god, it was amazing. It was amazing, you guys. But Tina comes, I don't know, Tina being reasonable and sound, I don't know. She's like, yeah, Gaga is like spectacle and all this, but like it's actually about the music and like the honesty behind it. So I do appreciate Tina being sound the sound voice for once. And then they come up with Wide Awake and they send them stools on the stage. It is a nice juxtaposition to what you guys did in applause. I did appreciate it. I'm not gonna lie, this is not my favorite song.
Speaker 2: I need to clarify that. Do you mean in general this is not your favorite song? Or do you not love the version we did?
Speaker 1: I like the version we did. I love the song Katie song. I like the version that they came up with. The final product didn't slap for me the way I hoped it would.
Speaker 2: Jenna, Jenna, Jenna, you know it's fine sometimes you don't have good taste.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just like my vocal isn't my favorite. I don't know what it is about it. It just doesn't slap the way I wish it would.
Speaker 2: I think you sound great. I think this number is great. I think it goes into the file with three and what. Yes, I think all these like slow songs? Are you guys sitting on a stool parking Barkin? I think what's the other one? The other Florent song?
Speaker 1: Shake it out?
Speaker 2: It out?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this. I think those other ones may be better. Yeah, but I think this is up there.
Speaker 1: WHOA fascinating? It was out of the blue wall. Well yeah, Alex, all of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think all of your voices are so different, right. It is nice to in the midst of all this spectacle. It is really nice to have this version. And I think it just worked with all of you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad. I think I'm too close to it. I just you know, sometimes.
Speaker 2: You ready to hear first. Jenna hates this version. Wow, I can never trust your opinion again.
Speaker 1: Putting words in my mouth. Okay, Anyway, I do appreciate I appreciate the number. I appreciate the version. I appreciate the stark difference of your guys' performance versus ours.
Speaker 2: Were you bummed at all that you didn't get to have like a huge Kadie number or no, because we end up doing Roar.
Speaker 1: No, because we ended up doing raar. And we were also put in those out just Katie outfits for the scene prior to it. It was psychopath psychopath those outfits.
Speaker 2: I mean, hats off because costumes were incredible and.
Speaker 1: They were just doing it this episode. No one that we were in the wrong costumes like, It's just they had so much work to do between applause and Katie's and the dagas. It's really amazing. We have to talk about Jake being in the rum.
Speaker 2: Tum Tugger at so good. I'm just about to spit out my drink. When I was watching this.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, I could not look at him while we were shooting this. Melissa Buell, who did our makeup, did this make up for him. I have pictures I will share. He's just sitting on that stool and I cannot get over it. It's I was like, oh my god, it's this episode. This is the episode is my favorite one of my favorite moments from the entire time shooting this series was watching Jacob in that outfit. It's just so funny. He's just so game and he's just like dancing in it and going for it, and the character is just so the opposite of this that it just is so perfect. It's just so perfect. And then Alex has unique has the Cupcake and Katie outfit, and when Alex would sit on the risers without the seats in the choir room, the cupcake skirt rot like like I don't know how to explain it, but it like rises up into its like into like one skirt and you could just see his feet and it looked like he was like one and a half feet like from the head to the foot, and it's just absolutely ridiculous. We all looked insane.
Speaker 2: You have a picture of that, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I gotta find it. Jena Zuka, who's on costumes, posts that every year for Alex's birthday, and it's her favorite thing to do because we love that photos so much. That was a fun thing to seem to shoot everyone seeing everybody in their costumes and like again, just moments of like absolute ridiculous. Levity was like what was needed in that time and back and I were like so worried about being in like bikinis, but she looked great.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of like dieting going on.
Speaker 1: There was this episode and going on. Corn had to be shirtless. Darren was shirtless. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Cord when he asked the diet mind like outer body, yeah, which is also why it makes sense, like when he's like pitching Gaga stuff and he's like like, oh yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Hungry, starving, starving, hydrated, poor guy on his roor oh my godnybody.
Speaker 2: Everyone was naked. I remember being so clothed, so the opposite of naked, and just taking photos of everyone, like, good for all of you, you all look wonderful. Yeah, I'm just gonna sit over here in my safari.
Speaker 1: I remember being like, oh no, this is my house. Oh no. But War was really fun to shoot. We had so much fun. We were going for it. I remember really really dancing, swinging on that uh Tarzan rope and you in the chair. We all sat in the back of the theater in the auditorium and watched everybody as they took their turn, and everybody was cackling. I mean Kevin with the chair. I don't know when they thought to do that, but it was absolutely outrageous. It's my favorite. I have photos of it of you on that thing on that swing. Were you scared to be on the chair on the swing.
Speaker 2: No, when any of those like crazy things happen, or like when they strapped the chair into the worthly thing at the Honible a couple episodes, I never doubted the safety of anything there, Like I truly was just like, whatever, whatever's gonna happen. They would also like test it out before, of course with somebody else in the chair. Of course that should have been scary, but I was just we were all so game for anything that I were just like me like wheeling into the pool, like I really wanted to try like the crazier things.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I loved Roar. I loved doing that number. I loved recording that song. I loved watching it. Everything about Roar makes me really really happy.
Speaker 2: I mean, the art direction, the art department was just incredible. I don't know how the costumes again, Oh it was shot.
Speaker 1: Everybody so good with lots of photos that day.
Speaker 2: There's so many I can't find I must have deleted them or something. But I had all these photos of all of you in those outfits, and.
Speaker 1: I have lots of like us fanning ourselves because it was so hot. We were like dancing so hard and like I was, I think I was sitting in your chair Barberrella like.
Speaker 2: So I got to be like an observer to all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was funny. I was just.
Speaker 2: And again meant probably more to us than we realized we needed at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, mentally, definitely that's the episode. So Mary the Night. Let's rate Mary the Night A plus plus. Oh yeah, applause A plus A plus plus, Wide a wee A A plus, roar A plus plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A plus plus.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is their best A plus plus episode we've had so far.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're only going to have four numbers, you better make them A plus incredible, Okay, and I think they all were. I also, like I would just like to say, Adam Lambert, all those dance moves on the floor, like really couldn't get enough of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do some hearty takes cringe moments.
Speaker 2: There's a couple things. First of all, like we said, Marley getting suspended by shoe. Yes, yeah, it is so weird.
Speaker 1: It's it's weird and also so weird, like she won't wear a bikini. Yeah, like the whole suspension thing and why is actually just not okay?
Speaker 2: And then to add salt on the wound, then Jake saying he's not pressuring Marley while he's pressuring her, like Marley is going through it by all the men.
Speaker 1: And she's just gotta come back and do racking ball soon, so don't you worry.
Speaker 2: I also have I think Brie don't be the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know why, because she's not funny and there's like no redeeming like we don't know her yet, you know what I mean, Like there's nothing redeeming about her character that like you're like, oh, but.
Speaker 2: But I think with like Quinn, Santana and Kitty, they'd say horrible, horrible things.
Speaker 1: But it was funny, but it was funny. These are just mean.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think bre is written different.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: She's mean, she's just like mean. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Best dance move, I mean, Mary the Night, Mary the Night, Yeah, best song, Marry the Knight, I would like to say that our producer, producer Sam has voted for wide Awake Jenna. We don't always pick her picks. I love you, Dane, Jenna. We have different sometimes we have it's just it's the viewer versus the person who was in it. Like, it's just sometimes it's different and I can't I can't separate the viewer from being in at this time.
Speaker 2: I have a hard time with this because it's like, what do we normally say best song or best like? Is that different than the whole performance? So applause, I might go applause or right away I'm going on plause. Okay, then I'm going to stay right away.
Speaker 1: Whatever performance by a prop.
Speaker 2: You're a hater. Honestly, I kind of want to say my wheelchair on the vine, I vote.
Speaker 1: I vote that too. Maybe you're hat in it too.
Speaker 4: Best line there There was a time when there was a line where Sue says bs before Sue, which made me a goal, and Alex had.
Speaker 2: Some crazy as lines.
Speaker 1: Alex really did.
Speaker 2: All this stuff of the zoo. Let me autocorrect that where you I tried breaking into the zoo to get a slave. Tigers plot twists a lineman doesn't have a zoo. Why did we think it did so good?
Speaker 1: Jake saying about the kid the rum Tum Tiger is seriously, I look like a gay thundercut. So good.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong, Yeah he's not performance MVP. I mean it's a hard one. It's such an ensemble episode.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: I think I feel like the music is the star of this episode.
Speaker 1: The Chord. I you know what I was gonna say, Chord. Chord has been really solid in his whole stuff with Penny, and like, yeah, okay, let's go Chord.
Speaker 2: He's acting. He's giving body, you know, just for the amount of torture he put himself through for the body.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: So should we found on TikTok to lift the veil a little bit. We are recording this on Halloween surprise, right, and so there is a TikTok of Cheach his name is Cheech Underscore doing the full nine Leaks Coach Ras addressed as Coach Ras Wigan and it is. It's so good, a full forty two seconds of pure magic. I think you should all go watch it function because what a monologue. Memorizing the entire monologue, good for you? Love it? I mean, and you know we love Sam was Washington, we love Ross.
Speaker 1: What would we do without ros? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, Jennett, oh god, do you know what next week is?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, Kevin, you know what. Look, I'm enjoying the I'm actually in the headspace now that I understand that we need this craziness.
Speaker 1: I will take.
Speaker 2: Cringey moments, things that we shouldn't have done over the seriousness of what was actually happening, you know, with Corey and everything. So I'm prepared to see some questionable numbers. Whatever. I'm for it.
Speaker 1: We need let's try it. Let's just try it. You know, we have no choice, no exactly, So we're going for it.
Speaker 2: This is where we're going.
Speaker 1: Join us next week for the end of work. Thanks for joining us today, for Katie, your Gaga and that's what you.
Speaker 2: Really miss Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.