Speaker 1: The volume. All right, NBA fans basketball is officially back, and the DraftKings sports Book, official sports betting partner the NBA is celebrating with an unbeatable offer. Here you go. New customers can get two one hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets by throwing down just five bucks on the NBA. That is a good deal. Win or lose doesn't matter. You'll start the season with an instant w a win. Draftking parlays. Everybody's got a shot to even more basketball wins and bigger basketball wins. String together multiple bets. It's called a parlay. Same game parlay. Build your parlay across multiple games. And what does that give you? Better odds so you can make a smaller bet and win more money. I like doing them. I like parlays. There fun. Basketball is more fun when you're in on the action, and with DraftKings you will be. Download the DraftKings sports Book app right now. Use the code column clin It's fun. Ten bucks, five bucks, it's fun, it's juice.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: New customers two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets by betting just five dollars. Yeah, you heard it right, only on DraftKings Sportsbook. The code is Collin col I n. The crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and why or text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort KS licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Se sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Basketball Terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, Terms and responsible gaming resources. All right, I'm for an instant reaction. Buffalo beats Tampa Bay as expected. You know, one of the things about tonight, it was a perfect game to kick off the week. And if you ever go to therapy in life, and I've been going to therapy for a long time, and one of the reasons I do therapy every Wednesday with my wife Ann and I look forward to it every week. It's not about winning, it's about self awareness. How does she view me. I think it makes our relationship really strong and fun. We often laugh during it, We've cried during it. But one of the reasons I like therapy is because it's a mirror, and I like to look and see all sorts of things about me, my flaws, where I'm vulnerable, where I can be better because I love my wife and you know, and I want to make her life as good as possible and kind of be the best me I can. Right So, without getting too personal or too into that is that I've always thought when it comes to pro football is that you have these mirror moments where you have to look yourself in the mirror, and you can fool a lot of people. In September, in early October, the weather's good. Teams that aren't very physical have some nice skill players. Miami Dolphins, you can fool a lot of people for about six weeks in this league. And I thought the Philadelphia Miami game last week was a real moment where Miami had to look itself in the mirror and go. We're kind of a fake, a fake gold watch releasing the speedboat. These are not really Gucci loafers. We can't really play with physical teams, and that's okay. The weather gets colder, they don't have good O line D line play, and as the weather gets colder and it gets windier, physicality beats speed. And I also thought tonight was a great example where Tampa is convincing themselves because they do have some really nice players of what they think they are. Buffalo is what they want to be. What they want is to have a superstar quarterback and Baker was the number one pick. He's not a superstar quarterback. Josh Allen is. They want to have the physicality kind of the overall momentum of the franchise. And I think when you get to week seven, in Week eight and they're gonna be games this week, the Texans are a good team. The Panthers are not. I think you'll see that the Lions are a good team. The Raiders are not. You'll see that Ravens are a good team. The Cardinals are not. Cardinals. Vegas won that first game going to Denver and Mile High, they felt really good about themselves. Carolina competitive early, Tampa Bay for an hour land their division. You start getting the week seven and eight, you got to kind of look in the mirror, got to have a little self awareness. Tampa's not a very good football team. Buffalo is one of the better football teams, and I think Miami last weekend and Miami is still really talented, top ten twelve team in the league. But you really can fool a lot a lot of people in this league. Teams that are average convince themselves they're pretty good. Teams that are pretty good convince themselves they're very good. And Tampa was really talking a game for about four or five weeks, and here's what they are not close to being able to go on the road and control a game tonight. And that's why I think that's one of the reasons I like to go to therapy, is that you can convince yourself of all sorts of things. But when somebody, a neutral voice comes and says, no, that's not really true, No that doesn't really work, No that's not going to pass the smell test, it's really refreshing. It's kind of like, Oh, I can't bullshit people, I can't bullshit anybody I got a neutral voice Week seven and eight. Is that neutral voice in the NFL. You're not fooling anybody. Miami, you're a track meet team. You're not gonna win the super Bowl without that kind of line play. Miami's line play is just not good enough to win a super Bowl. Buffalo's may not be, philadelp may not be, but they're much more built for the duration and not September. Another topic I had today is I thought it was a gut scene move. One of my favorite things about Dana White in the UFC is sort of this quality that he is willing to put himself out there and be completely vulnerable and be hated. During COVID, you know a lot of people the media was really pushing back when Dana White went and leased an island, and he just said, I don't give a rip. I don't think my fighters are in peril, in danger. I'm going to go to an island. And he was right. Thirty five year old athletes were not in danger. Kids were not in danger, despite what the media wanted to claim. And so Dana again took a big swing recently with bud Light, so blood Light, real men of genius, very popular beer, and then they had a marketing pivot to something that I thought was for a lot of people. It was just it was too much, too quickly. But I wasn't outraged by it, because I don't know if I've ever had a bud light. I'm not a full outrage guy. And one of the things I thought about is the UFC fans have pushed back on data and Dane's pushed back on them.
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 1: One of the things I've always appreciated about Dana, whether and Dana and I have gone back and forth on stuff, whether Dana and I agree on things, He's totally upfront with me. I try to be totally upfront with him. He's confrontational, I can be. We've resolved any brief issues we've had, and we don't really have many, because I think I really respect him and he's always been good to me. But one of the things that happened, so I went to three UFC cards this summer, and I knew Donald Trump was going to be at one or two of them. I knew that beforehand, but I wasn't going to let Trump, who I think is a buffoon and a narcissist, get in the way of my fun. And the reason being is there's an old adage be less selfish. I don't believe in it at the volume. I believe our motto should be be more selfish, because more selfish means happy and less fake outrage. You don't. You don't really care what the marketing campaign for bud Light is. He just needed something to be outraged by. Remember years ago people outraged by the Dixie Chicks. Let's be honest. You didn't love their music. That's okay. Wasn't my cup of tea either? Is that when you're selfish? And by the way, you loved Michael Jordan, he was selfish, all you MJ fans. MJ didn't pass punch the teammate. People called him an ass, difficult. You don't like Lebron. Lebron passes and elevates others. You love Kobe and MJ. Tom Brady didn't let his backup have snaps. He wanted Garoppolo out of town. Selfish. I'm on team Tom. Garoppolo shouldn't get snaps, Brady should get all of them. Do you want to win Super Bowls? Garoppolo's not the guy Brady was. Do you want to win titles. Don't pass to Matthew Dela Vedova take the shot, Lebron, Michael Jordan take more shots, Kobe take more shots. People look at selfish as mean. I look at selfish as often realistic and happy. I care about my wife and my children, my business, my employees, and a small group of friends. I go to UFC cards even if Trump is there. Why would I let Trump get in the way of my happiness. I'm going to be selfish and have fun. I took my cousin Matt and then my friend Eric and his kids. I didn't care if Trump was there. I would never vote for Trump. I'm not call that Trump dissuade my plans, get in the way of my happiness. The athletes that we truly love are selfish Brady MJ, Kobe Shack. I mean, how many commercials does Shaq have? Six hundred? He think he's worried about you. He's worried about his commercials in his bank. Good for Shaq, Shaq takes care of Shack. Oh for the record, Travis Kelsey, who's dating Taylor Swift, who's worth like four billion dollars, hated a Pfiser commercial and above light commercial. He's not pretending he's outraged. He's taking care of Travis Kelcey in his business. I don't have to agree with it, but he's not faking outrage. He's being sort of selfish. And I love the Chiefs and I'm gonna keep watching them because they're usually the most entertaining team in the league. On Sunday, am I not gonna watch the Chiefs and Travis Kelcey. I can't watch that whole pfisor thing. You don't want to get a vaccine, don't get one? What do I care? But I want to watch Travis Kelcey. Is that when I see all this outrage and I can't believe this politician and this band and this beer company, I don't care. I just want to have fun and be happy. I have people occasionally say, you know, Colin, you have a great job. I'm like, yeah, I get up, I get to talk about sports. It's just I'm happy. When I first met my wife, she said, you just really you live your best life. I'm like, yeah, I'd love you to be part of it. But I don't have a lot of time to be unhappy. Jerry Jonesoa says this, I don't have a lot of time for a bad time. You view selfish as mean, I viewed as happy. Dana White said they want to pay us one hundred million. We had multiple Bealer sponsors interested. I'm going to go and get bud Lights money and do a business deal with bud Light. If you don't want to watch UFC, don't. I'll take your seats. I'll take your seats, but I don't let people get in the way of my fund Politicians, beer companies, ad campaigns, musicians, Hollywood. What do I care what a Hollywood writer votes. If the show's funny, I watch. I figure everybody that works for Netflix, who writes and acts is probably left leaning. I probably disagree with them that ninety percent of their political views. No I care if the show's funny. I'm watching Netflix and Jill instant reaction. See you tomorrow at FS one. Listen. We've all had fender benders in our life. Sometimes it's even more serious. Between the ages of twenty five and thirty four, in fact, have the highest amount of drivers involved in car crashes. Be careful, but even if it's somebody else's mistake, you can lean on Morgan and Morgan If you've ever been injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. It's the nation's largest injury law firm, one hundred offices and over eight hundred lawyers with over fifteen billion that to be billion dollars recovered with over three hundred thousand clients. Morgan and Morgan has a proven track record of fighting for you to get full and fair compensation. Fighting for people for over thirty five years. Starting for an entire football franchise as a rookie quarterback is hard. Submitting an injury claim with Morgan and Morgan is easy. If you're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go forthpeople dot com slash Colin or dial pound law. That's pound five to nine from your cell phone. That's four the people dot com slash Colin or pound law five to two nine from your cell This is a paid advertisement. All right, Time for another edition of Sharp or Square. Chad was super sharp, I was kind of sharp. I was three and two last week. All of our odds provided by Draft Kings. Chad, of course, to CCEO the Action Network, I'll tell you I have taken more favorites than any other year, because I think there's becoming a gap offensively between the halves, the quarterbacks that are good and the have nots. And so Monday I made a huge mistake. I took Rock Purtty over Kirk Cousins at home, and Cousins was great. So I'm gonna throw you a game. And it's very number dependent. I don't like it at three and a half, but at three it's interesting. I don't think we're paying attention to how good the Texans are. And just hear me out. They destroyed Pittsburgh, they destroyed Jacksonville. Okay, this is a team that is a play away. They should have beaten the Falcons, although the Falcons was the right side. This team has taken quality teams, playoff teams, high seeds potentially and destroyed them. Carolina, we lagged them for keeping it close in the first half against Miami. They are in complete utter rebuild. At minus three, I love Houston. At three and a half, I'm a square, But let's say the number drifts back to Texans minus three, which I take is that sharper square, totally sharp.
Speaker 3: The wise guys have been on CJ. Stroud from the beginning and when I say from the beginning, I mean March. There's nobody in the professional competting community who spent a lot of time looking at a tape and spent a lot of money betting on the NFL draft who thought, oh yeah, I like Bryce Young over CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 3: It's pretty well known within sort of the inner circle of NFL executive dom that Bryce Young was an owner's pick and that the player most people wanted was CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 3: He lands at the Texans. He's been by far the best rookie quarterback, and not just sort of making good plays and then not making mistakes, but he's made Robert Woods look good. He's made Nico Collins look good.
Speaker 1: He he's one of the targets back this week too, by the way I think tanks practice. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You know, his worst game, he still ended up leading the team to a touchdown drive in the final two minutes, and then they ended up losing because the defense couldn't stop anybody.
Speaker 2: But look this guy off of by.
Speaker 3: The wise guys like the Texans at minus three, which is why it's gone up to three and a half.
Speaker 1: All right, The Steelers have been out gained in every game, and in fact, they've often been awful for large chunks of the game offensively, but they found ways to win. I think that ends this week. Jacksonville's a better team at two and a half. Jacksonville I think has a real shot. I mean, what's interesting about Jacksonville three games on a very short period on the road for two games we were worried how they play against Indy. They keep kind of busting up these trends because they're probably pretty good outside of Kansas City last year where they felt a little overwhelmed. The kind of stack up with everybody when I watch them play minus two and a half, that are the side to me over the Steelers don't care about home in a way. Whether it's not a factor yet sharper square.
Speaker 3: Now it's the Steelers are the sharp side. It all may come undone one day for the Steelers, but Mike Tomlin is the most profitable coach in the NFL against the spread the past twenty years. Mike Tomlin against teams that are over sixty percent winning percentage, regularly wins at home as an underdog. Tomlin as an underdog at home sixteen and nine straight up. Forget about against the spread. We saw it last week. We've seen it against the Ravens. This team is really weird because they played terribly in the first half and then in the second half the defense starts to grind down the offense a little bit.
Speaker 2: And TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt when he's on the field, it's just a different team, right. He tilts the field in the direction of the Steelers. We saw last week the first play the second half interception, runs it back to the three yard line. It catapulted them to a win. I think the Steelers are better with Deontay Johnson back. It frees up George Pickens to be more of a threat downfield. That makes Kenny Pickett more comfortable. It's just a better offense that set. The Jags are an interesting team. So I'm a little bit nervous about it, Like there have been times this year. Steelers against the Ravens, Bet it didn't even think about it. Steelers against the Rams last week, Bet it didn't even think about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm a little more.
Speaker 3: Nervous about the Jags, but I'm still taking the Steelers and as the sharp side.
Speaker 1: All right, an interesting game that I and I'm I'm reticent to do this because I have twice had the Jets as my last team I didn't take, and I believe in both times they would have covered. So I don't like the Jets as a favorite against anybody. So I would tend to take the Giants plus a field goal with Tyrod Taylor, who's not prone to mistakes, that would be my feeling. I just don't think Zach Wilson is a favorite as ever a comfortable bet. I think this defense, I mean, let's be honest about it. The Jets really have one perimeter weapon one Garrett Wilson. It's still a really meager receiving core. So if they can't run the football effectively, Washington struggled against the Giants. Doing that, I got to take three points in a game that should be really low scoring. Sharper Square, totally sharp.
Speaker 2: Whise. Guys love the Giants this week.
Speaker 3: They like the idea of Tyrod Taylor playing instead of Daniel Jones. He's not mistake prone. He runs the offense that Brian Dable wants him to run, which is really important. But also defensively, the Jets, everyone believes are lights out. The Jets defense and its success is predicated this season on their ability to force turnovers thirteen turnovers this year, sixteen all of last year, but last year sort of the advanced metrics, their expected points allowed per drives, things like that, and Bill Barnwell at ESPN wrote a great column about all this this week. They're kind of middle of the road and they're winning and keeping themselves in games. We saw it against the Eagles based on their ability to force turnovers. If you're playing Tyrod Taylor, who's not as pro I want to turning the ball over. That takes away a huge advantage for the Jets defensively. So yes, the wise guys are on the Giants all right.
Speaker 1: Another game which I'm undecided now, but off of by offensive coach Joe Burrow against a San Francisco team now in a backup quarterback with no Trent Williams or Debo. Sam Darnold is built for Kyle Shanahan, perhaps, but I'm not sure if he's built to be inserted missing a left tackle in one of their specialty players. If I get four, it feels like a slam dunk. Cincinnati at three and a half probably still is. I'm undecided on it, but I've gone back and forth. J Mack and I talked about this on the air and off on FS one. I would think Bengals anything over three would be the side sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's right, and you're you're nailing it at the number. Similarly to the Texans conversation. You get minus three, you're probably gonna take the Niners. If you can get the hook at three and a half, you can get it at four, then you're gonna take the Bengal. I think before before this game, a lot of consensus was going to be on the Niners.
Speaker 2: They've had some bad luck.
Speaker 3: They missed a field goal that cost them against the Browns, they missed a field goal, had three strange, uncharacteristic turnovers. Turns out two of them might have come after brock Party was concussed and through interceptions, and they gave up a weird touchdown at the end of that first half against the Vikings on an all out.
Speaker 2: Blitz that is just rare for Steve Wilkes to call.
Speaker 3: And so this team was coming back home as a five and a half point favorite in a game where I think a lot of wise guys thought, Okay, the Niners are going to get right now. Party's out, But I think the consensus is going to be if they're a short favorite, they're still going to back them.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: If wise guys can get the hook, they'll take the Bengals. People are not that convinced. Joe Burrows back, and he did not look great in the second half of that game they had right before the bye. He's still having trouble getting the ball downfield. Not great percentage wise throwing the ball downfield. So there's a lot of sort of nixed feelings about this. This is entirely about the number.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Patriots plus nine and a half at Miami feels right, not because they beat Buffalo injuries on the O line. I think it's very clear that Miami has not beaten a playoff team since Week three of last year, or what we consider a top end team. It's a lot of fake Gucci loafers and leasing a speedboat. It's fun to look at, but when you dig deeper, don't have much of a chin. Offensive lines bad translation, New England will get pressure. They do usually even against decent O lines. They're running the ball a little better. Mac Jones with confidence Belichick buoyed by that contract that's public. The team played with a certain swagger. It's not just the Buffalo number. It's a division game. Nine and a half's a ton. I do think weather cools, You're not going down to Miami in the swamp in the second week of September. It's not going to be a factor. I think I would have to take New England in the points Sharper square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the sharp side.
Speaker 3: And it's funny you say, sort of the fake guccies and speedboats. Right, Like, Look, Miami is reflection of the city is playing in right now, and they have not beaten good teams. And we've talked about this last week. My biggest bet at the season was the Eagles at two and a half over the Dolphins. Right, and what we're going to see what we started to see with the Patriots against the Bills, Bill O'Brien, a lot more with Mac Jones under center, a lot more short passes. That defense, which had lost Matthew Judon, had lost Christian Gonzales, started to figure out, Okay, how are we going to play? How are we going to rush the passer? The Dolphins without key players on the offensive line. I do think Tyreek Hill practice today, so very good chance that he plays on Sunday. But the the wise guys, they push this number from ten down to nine and a half, down to nine divisional games, the underdogs and divisional games. The last decade sixty games above five hundred against the spread, and we got a few of those games this week.
Speaker 1: I don't like big favorites, but I do think my general rule, if quality teams get humiliated, they almost always play well the following week. We saw this with the Cowboys and the Chargers. Detroit humiliated at home. Raiders Jimmy Garoppolo very few snaps this year. This is a very average team. I know it's eight to eight and a half, all odds provided by DraftKings. I said this this week, don't sell your Detroit stock. They're going to win the division. They're going to win eleven twelve games. They're built the right way, pass rush, O line, solid coaching. They need another corner. So does everybody not name the Jets. This is the rare large number, And you know I don't bet big favorites. I could see a thirty twenty here and not be shocked. Sharper Square Yeah, it's pretty sharp.
Speaker 3: Actually, the early ween has been on the Lions because of everything you just said. Good chance to get right at home, much better coaching, much better team. Talk about a team and a coach that reflects the ethos of its town, right, Like this is as high flying as they can be and as good as Jared Goff has been. Like, this is a smash mouth team in their run defense is fierce, and that's something that the Raiders haven't been able to figure out when they're on offense. Jimmy g who knows what he's going to be when he comes back. But also the Raiders, the coaching is terrible, the roster is terrible. They got lucky in their last couple of wins. This should be a huge, huge opportunity for the Lions. The one thing, it's funny, you say that they should win the division, so because you know this is what we do. I was looking at the NFC North futures and the Lions are minus four hundred, the Vikings, who have won two in a row or plus five point fifty, and who knows what will happen with the Packers this weekend, and maybe we're going to talk about that game but the Lions and Vikings play each other twice in the last three weeks of the year.
Speaker 1: I know it.
Speaker 3: Who knows, Like, can the Vikings stay within two games of the Lions?
Speaker 1: Look at the Viking schedule coming up. A lot of Jordan loves on it. Watch Minnesota go on a six game heater. This was the one you circled as an l They got nothing but Desmond Ritter and Jordan love And by the way, Justin Jefferson comes back. Jordan Addison now established old Lions playing very well. Watch Minnesota sneak into a wild card discussion.
Speaker 3: Here's what I would say. I think the Packers are going to beat them now. It doesn't mean it doesn't mean that they can't stay in sort of in contention because, like you said, their schedule the rest of the year is so easy, really easy. Like you're not kidding when you talk about the quarterbacks, they're gonna face And I don't know if you're gonna ask me about the Packers, but I'll just give you a freebee right now.
Speaker 2: Wise, guys love the Packers.
Speaker 1: Why tell me why?
Speaker 2: They just think this is a stinky line. They feel like.
Speaker 3: They look at what happened last week in Denver and Jordan Love's receivers had a lot of drop passes. They're going against a defense that still is so blitz happy, and that's going to Jordan Love has actually been very good against the blitz. It frees his receivers up into single coverage. It gives Christian Watson an opportunity to extend the field. It gives Aaron Jones an opportunity to be in single coverage out of the backfield. Minnesota last week, I said it about the Niners. It's just as true about Minnesota playing the Niners. Kirk was on fire, but they got very lucky. Like the Niners had many many opportunities to win that game and had some really sort of what we like to call luck factors working against them, with some odd uncharacteristic moments, not just for the Niners but in the game of football. Right, and so, I think that the Vikings going into this game just overvalued. They beat a dominant team in a really high profile spot on television, and that lends to people coming into back. Then it's a pros Joe's game. Majority of the money, meaning the big betters are on the Packers. The majority of the tickets, smaller money. More schmucks are on the vikings.
Speaker 1: All right, we finish with two things. The first is talk me into a game. I often give it to you, and it's the Rams plus six to six and a half against Dallas. So, against Philadelphia and against San Francisco they were clearly outclassed. But the fact that they hung around Pittsburgh. They are in a rebuild. One RAMS player, one high end RAMS player. They have one that's in his prime, Ernest Cooper, Stafford Havenstein Donald. They're out of their prime. Pittsburghs probably got nine guys in their prime. They're young. That game was go either way entering the fourth and it was a Pittsburgh Steedeler crowd. So I think McVeigh is doing a remarkable job with an old Aaron Donald and mostly rookies and six round, fourth round picks. I like the coaching here. It's a lot of points. I think the Rams will stay close. They're fairly healthy. I think i'd like the Rams plus the points, but the Vegas is so smart DraftKings. It's seven. I think it's such a great bet for the Rams. It's six and a half. I don't know. You tell me talk me into it.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting you bring this up.
Speaker 3: This was the biggest debate that me and my bff Simon Hunter had in our podcast, and I love the Cowboys. In this spot, Simon wants to love the Cowboys. Can't quite find the exact number, like it's six six and a half. It's basically lined right. Like you just said, the book makers know what they're doing. We cannot find sort of a consensus wise guy opinion on this because the number is so right. I'm all in on the Cowboys for a couple of reasons. I think they're much more talented. I think I think Mike McCarthy's a terrible coach, and I think he is he is putting his team at a disadvantage inside the red zone. And I think over the course of his career, it has been proven that if any other coach was working with Aaron Rodgers, he probably would have more Super Bowls. Like he's just not a very good play caller. But the Cowboys defense is so good. Their pressure from just four players on the front line is insane. And the reason the Steelers beat the Rams last week is because of the pressure they got on a terrible, terrible rams O line. So the opportunity here is to put a lot of pressure on Matthew Stafford and look if he can beat the pressure and get the ball to Puka Nukua. If he can get the ball to Cooper Cup, that changes it. Because the Cowboys do have a lot of issues with their back line. But we saw against Justin Herbert the Cowboys had thirty three pressures and hit Justin Herbert twenty six times, even though they barely sacked him like the end of the game. Micah Parsons got him once, but that impacted him enough that he was making bad throws, rushing throws.
Speaker 2: So I also like the Cowboys off of by coming home.
Speaker 3: Dak when he's at home, covers and he covers Big Dak on the road as an underdog in these games against teams where they are playing opponents who are usually better than them in the high profile spots that we're used to seeing, that's when he struggles and that's where you see sort of the disadvantage that he has with Mike McCarthy as a coach. But at home, as a favorite, he's a front runner. That's a good spot to get healthy. I like the Cowboys in this spot.
Speaker 1: Finally, what did I miss? What's the stinker rooney that you want to talk me into?
Speaker 2: There's two of them. There's two of them. We didn't talk about two ugly division.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know Washington's one of them, right that. I looked at that and I thought, you know what's funny about them?
Speaker 2: Half to half?
Speaker 1: Game to game you have no idea what you're getting. But I got to tell you this. There are moments when I watched Sam Hall and I'm like, he's a mid level franchise quarterback. When you give him time to step and throw, it is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's exactly it. Washington plus six and a half. Look, Denver opened at eight and a half, got bet down to eight by the wise guys, got bet down to seven and a half by the wise guys. Some places it's seven now. A wise guys love in Denver in the past couple of weeks. First when they played Kansas City, they thought, oh, was Mahomes just off of this game?
Speaker 2: Is that why the defense was so good?
Speaker 3: And then they played Green Bay and Matt Lafloor is really good at scheming his guys open, and Denver did a good job of stopping the Packers plus Javonte Williams six weeks into the season. Seven weeks into the season, much more explosive. You're starting to see Sean Payton give him the ball more. It's why you've seen again Brother Division games. Big favorites. The Chiefs not great at covering three and a half.
Speaker 1: Not a big cover, big number team.
Speaker 3: It's hard to cover big numbers when you're always favored by a big number, right, So there's a little bit of a self fulfilling prophecy here where you get Patrick Mahomes as a short favorite and underdog. He's so good he's gonna win those games. But if every game you're favored by three and a half to ten, it's hard to always cover in those games. So the wise guys like Denver, and the wise guys love Washington. They think it's a spot for for the Eagles. They've got big games coming up. So it's a little bit of a look ahead, a little bit of a trap game on the road.
Speaker 2: Is hurts hurt?
Speaker 3: We don't know, is Lane Johnson struggling, We don't know. That oftense still isn't perfect. So there's some some money coming on the Commanders. I like them both. I bet them both. Uh be my buddy, be my buddy, Colin, be my bad game betting buddy. I went four and one last week. You went three and two. I went four and one because I went. I made the extra effort. Okay, I made the effort.
Speaker 1: You know. The downside to having taste is you want you won't go down to the stinkorama game, the dumpster game.
Speaker 2: Oh is that what you're calling it? Taste?
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 2: How you're framing this that that is a masterclass and narrative right there. I like it, well done.
Speaker 1: All dumpster dive into Washington? Why not? I kind of you will, yeah, I kind of. They're all over the map. But I mean Philadelphia comes off a big TV emotional game, late game, little less prep time to division rival, big games ahead. I do think it's the kind of game that you would say to yourself, let's rest lane Johnson. You know what I mean. This is a deep team, and we know this that Washington has moments. We know this, so I and Philadelphia has I thought that Miami game was the first game. I thought they really played well. And at one point it was seventeen seventeen, so in Miami's really a team Philadelphia's built to beat. Washington's a team that's built to play Philadelphia close physical trenches, can run it a little.
Speaker 2: That's that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's big dumpster diving. I looked at that game. You know again, these the wise guys are smart, like like you know, six and a half, three and a half like I like San Francisco. But you make if three and a half four was Sam Darnold, then it's not as attractive. It's just not a good bad all right, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: I like how this ended up being, you know what, I like them. It's no longer dumpster diving. It's really this is the file A. I'm like a home underdog likes right.
Speaker 1: Here, the Stanza. I'm grabbing an e Claire out of the garbage.
Speaker 2: Just quickly.
Speaker 1: It was only the five seconds.
Speaker 3: That's why you are a multi medium mobile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those kind of references quick. All right, buddy, see you'd rather.
Speaker 2: I'll see you later.
Speaker 1: The volume