Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the program already in progress. It's our two and this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Net's Dan Patrick Show. Big night in the NBA for Joe l. Embiid and also Carl Anthony Towns. Although Embiid had seventy in a win against the Spurs, Carl Anthony had sixty two in a loss eight seven, seven to three. DP Show Email addors Sdpatdanpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle a DP show coming up. I'll bring back some comments that Kobe Bryant had. I think this is six or seven years ago, and I asked him to choose his eighty one point game that we just celebrated the anniversary yesterday or the final game of his NBA career when he scored sixty. So I'll have that for you coming up. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. That would be the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. And let's see pull question for our two seaton, let's recap what we did with our one. We'll talk to the great comedian Kevin James, he'll stop by and Mark Sanchez, former NFL quarterback will join us as well.
Speaker 3: I would rather score eighty one in a game or be the NBA scoring champion. Right now, at sixty eight percent of the vote, is still NBA scoring champion. A lot of it seems to be. I'd rather have thirty five a night every night than eighty one one night, yeah, which I definitely get that. Oh yeah, yeah, I want to be great. I want it sustainable. Not Hey, you had one great game, like Michael Red. Didn't he have fifty five in a game?
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin Tony Delk also had a fifty point game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know you can go off. These guys are great scorers, and sometimes it just hits you and your teammates know it and they feed you the ball.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark, And there's not random scoring champions. There's random guys who score fifty a night or fifty for one night, but not random scoring. There's no scoring champ. That's like, huh, he'd like he won a scoring title.
Speaker 2: Bloop bloop all right? I think in college, do you just twenty rellity ar?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 2: A game of blue blue like points? Yes, he got points there in college, Like I remember a couple of guys who led the nation in scoring a guy from Richmond. His name was Bob McCurdy. Also Johnny Newman I think led the nation in scoring, and I think he was at Ole Miss. So there were guy Freeman, Williams, Bird aver It. There are guys who led the nation in scoring. Where you go, huh, but it's you don't lead the NBA in scoring. Where you go huh, yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 5: But I guess to stay with my argument here for eighty one is we're talking about guys who have dropped fifty, which is really impressive and it's nice, but like you said, there's a lot of people could do it. Eighty one is a really different stratosphere. Seventy really is, but eighty one, Kobe is modern era, the greatest score in a game. You have to go back to.
Speaker 2: Okay, would you rather shoot a fifty nine on a PGA event or you end up up being the player of the year on the PGA Tour. So you get one day where you make history or you get the entire season, because that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Can the fifty nine be during a Major, Sure, I'll.
Speaker 2: Take it, but it doesn't mean you win the major. Okay, you get fifty nine, let's say, you guys at fifty nine at the Masters, or you win.
Speaker 5: Player of the year fifty nine at the Masters.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would take Player of the Year because chances are I might have won the Masters and maybe another major in there. All right, we'll get two more phone calls coming up, changing the poll question up? Or did you do that already?
Speaker 6: Seed?
Speaker 3: You know it's actually gonna throw out one for a topic. I don't think we've hit today. Okay, I don't remember. But Todd Ball's not calling a timeout at the end of the game against the Lions. Okay, what dot dot dot dot dot dot? That no big deal?
Speaker 2: Or it was a deal. It was a deal, and I think it's become me a bigger deal because Todd Bowles doubled down and basically saying they didn't have any time left. This is what he had to say yesterday.
Speaker 6: The Lions were.
Speaker 7: Taking an invaded information with twelve thirty seconds left on.
Speaker 8: The play flock.
Speaker 6: Is there like in terms of not taking your last time out? Is there like a gentleman's agreement?
Speaker 4: If you don't do it on the first two like that, then you're just going to end the game.
Speaker 9: It's not a gentleman's agreement. They were in field goal range. We'd add twelve seconds calculated you after using that timeout to come back from it, then we would have been down eleven points. It's kind of pointless, the kind of know when the game was over and the game was.
Speaker 2: Over, Okay, he's mismanaging the clock after the game, recalling how much time was left. So Detroit took the snap too early and you could have taken a timeout, forced them to kick a field goal, and there was thirty six seconds left. Let's say you block it, you score a touchdown two point conversion, or if they missed the field goal, you still have a little bit, you have a chance. That's what I don't understand what Todd is saying there and then to basically say, well, you know it was the inevitable, Why postponed the inevitable? Okay? I was surprised at that.
Speaker 3: Also, head coach the playoffs, yeah, as well, just just burn the time out. It doesn't only another.
Speaker 2: This isn't week four where you go, yeah, you know what, let's get on the charter and get back home and start preparing next week for Kansas City. That was what was surprising. The head coaching carousel in full swing. By the way, the Titans have a new head coach. He is the former offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals. You can applaud if you want to, Marvin, you were applauding over there. Brian Callahan is the head coach, former offensive coordinator with the Bengals. The Raiders quietly announced that Antonio Pierce is going to be their head coach. That was Friday at four fifteen Eastern. If they make that announcement, but if you look at two coaches that are left here in the playoffs, one in the NFC, one in the AFC, it's that reminder of you don't have to hire the offensive or defensive coordinator. Because John Harbaugh was in charge of special teams before he took over in charge of special teams in Baltimore, and then Dan Campbell. His highest full time position was an assistant head coach in New Orleans. He wasn't a coordinator. Not all coordinators are meant to be head coaches. But we make that mistake. I know we want to. We want to give them that opportunity. There's certain guys who aren't wired to be a head coach. There's certain guys who are maybe they wouldn't be great coordinators, but they're great head coaches. And there's a big difference in that. And sometimes you'll see these guys know what they're doing offensively or defensively. But then you got to handle everything else that goes along with that title. You know, do well win press conferences there? You got to deal with you know, tricky reporter questions there, and salary cap and draft and all of that. When you're a coordinator, you go into your little vacuum and then you got your guys and the head coach leaves you alone. You're the defensive coordinator. You don't have to talk to anybody. They'd prefer you didn't talk to anybody. In fact, it's rare when an offensive or defensive coordinator has to talk to the media. Even if you ask born, you can't get them. They're like, nope, you know maybe coach oh, you can't have him. But you look at these two coaches here and how they did it. And when Dan Campbell was introduced at the press conference, I had that reaction like Okay, this can't last maybe in college, but not in the NFL. But it has. And they started out poorly, And I thought they were a playoff team last year. I mean, they had it in place. They're a fun team to watch, and they started to believe in themselves. And now you have them where they are in the NFC title Game. No matter what happens, it's been a great year for Detroit, great year. San Francisco has to go to the super Bowl. Baltimore, Lamar Jackson, they have to go to the super Bowl. Like, at some point you say to Lamar Jackson, Hey, regular season, that's nice. But it's like Joe Ellenbiid last night. The first thing I thought was damn seventy points. The second I thought was yeah, but it doesn't matter until we see what you do in the postseason. Is he a more skilled player than the Joker? Probably?
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: He plays offensively and defensively better than Joker does. But what does that mean? Great, you're more talented, even more of a reason. Why Hey, why don't you have success? Why don't you get to an NBA finals? Maybe you get to a conference final. But Joe Ellenbiid is extremely talented. But what are you going to do in the postseason, Lamar Jackson, You're gonna have two MVPs can you do something in the postseason? Is this sustainable? Because that's what we want. Mahomes could actually he could go and not get to the super Bowl this year, and I don't think it's a negative because if I look at the house credit that he has, he's okay. Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't want to go or he'd view this season, you know, is anything less than a disappointment, you know. But Lamar Jackson, let's see, it's like Mike trout Man, great regular season, we want to see what you do in the postseason. Sometimes it's not fair, but those are the expectations that come along with being one of the greats of all time. Yes, Ton, that was all the more.
Speaker 4: Reason to root for the Bills against the Chiefs. Then you're guaranteed to have Alan or Jackson get their Super Bowl shot this year.
Speaker 2: Thank you to Yes Marvin.
Speaker 4: Going back to Gervin and David Thompson, those are two guys that didn't have very much playoff success and now, like someone like me that wasn't alive back then, I looked at him like who are they? Yeah, and then you look up like, man, those dudes were like phenomenal scores and That's how someone maybe twenty years from now may look at Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson if they don't get there, because you'll hear so much about Patrick Mahomes because he's winning Super Bowls, which might be the big thing. All right.
Speaker 2: Here's Kobe talking about his eighty one point game and his final game when he scored sixty and we talked to him. It was April of twenty eighteen, and I asked him to choose. Would he choose between the eighty one point game or his sixty point final game. Here's Kobe's response. Here's the question I thought of yesterday. If I said, now, you did both of these. But if I said, you could only have one on your resume, you could get the eighty one or you could get the sixty in your last game. You have to pick between those two. You only get one.
Speaker 8: Oh man, I'd probably go with the eighty one because we were like one game out of making the playoffs that year, so we needed literally needed every single game to get into the postseason. So if we had dropped that one, I think we would have been in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs that year. So I'll go with the eighty one.
Speaker 2: Reggie Miller and I got into a heated discussion, like he kept saying, you're gonna end your career with sixty, and then he put exclamation points on his text message and I said, but eighty one exclamation points. That's come on eighty one and reg goes no. Sixty on your last game.
Speaker 8: I'm just I'm enjoying the fact that you got to actually having that debate. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So that's Kobe twenty eighteen April twenty eighteen. Still great to have that in our archives, to be able to bring that back out. Yeah, you put up eighty one, but it's eighty one with Kobe's career, so everything that goes along with that. You know, sixty in your final game. It wasn't like this was a one off for Kobe when he went for eighty one and you go, oh, ain't he had a good game. But I love the Jalen Rose that we get to give him a little grief every time we have him on when we talk about Kobe's eighty one, and then Jalen's like, I didn't guard him the whole night. And then they did that commercial where Kobe's there sitting get ready to have a martini, and he goes, I'll have eighty one allumns please, and Jalen like he's got to.
Speaker 6: Just eat it.
Speaker 2: I love that he like walks in.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, no, there he is.
Speaker 2: He tries to like avoid him. Oh that's a fun commercial. That's great fun commercial. So Embiide has a big night and Karl Anthony town Now listen to Karl Anthony Town's head coach. Karl Anthony Towns goes for sixty two and his coach, Chris Finch isn't happy.
Speaker 10: Obviously, we're gonna try to feed a hot hand, look for a hot hand. But at some point, we gotta get back to making the right play. We gotta get back to doing the right things. And you know, that's just like I said, there's a lot of ways to be immature. There's always a lot of ways to be immature. And there was a lot of immature performances here throughout the roster. We totally disrespected the game ourselves and we got exactly what we deserve.
Speaker 2: So wow, he could have stopped. He almost stopped, but then after going and then he talks to him about being immature.
Speaker 8: Yes, Martin.
Speaker 4: He was like a parent, a stop jumping on the bench, jumping on they hit their heads. See that's what you get. See good, Now go sit down.
Speaker 2: Carl Anthony Towns. They were feeding him in the fourth quarter and they shouldn't have kept feeding him because he's he looks spent and then they lost the game. And that's what his coach is talking about. That's one of those where you go, hey, you know what, we're a young team and we're learning, we're trying to figure this out. I'm really proud of this team and certainly Carl Anthony with the performance that he had and leave it at down. But when you go immaturity, he doesn't have to tell us anything. All he has to do is say that to his team, isn't he he is? But he's telling us too. Yeah, but he does. But I'm thankful that he did. But he doesn't have to. I thought that was something that like coaches used us. They're using us.
Speaker 3: They said things in press conferences to get a message to the team.
Speaker 2: But why not just send it to the team.
Speaker 3: But I don't think he's walking into the locker room being like, hey, guys, great job tonight.
Speaker 2: Uh game close?
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 2: You guys did good. Cat Hey, hell of a performance. All right, let's keep it up. But he could go in there and say, guys, that can't happen. We have to be smarter than that.
Speaker 3: Do you think it if they had a bad game and he came in and said, oh, well, we'll get him next time, Carl Anthony Town's had a great game though that their local like beat writers and stuff would be like.
Speaker 2: Is coach aware that they lost the game? No? No, you don't have to say it to the media. You can say it to your team. You can give tough love in a locker room. I don't know if you need to send the message, like if you need to use the media to send a message to your team that they're immature. Well, you did it, but I don't think you needed to.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark, No, I enjoyed that humble then, Oh you're thirty and thirteen but you lost to the Hornets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm rich, that's true. Coach, I make more than you do. Yeah, coach, I make more than you do, but I'm rich. Yeah. Uh, take a break. Phone calls coming up. Settle on our pole. Question for hour two the great comedian actor Kevin James. We'll join us on the program and uh, we're back after this Stan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey, it's Ben, host of The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour. I'll tell you it's a spin off of the Ben Maler Show, a cult hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will. We chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: He's Kevin James, actor, comedian. He's got a comedy special, Irregardless, premiers today on Amazon. His Owls Don't Walk Tour begins February three. Tickets available at Kevin James. So you're joining us from Kelly Clarkson studio and then you gotta go on her show.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm whatever. Backstage. Now, I'm in one of the dressing rooms here. You ever been in a bad green room? I've been in a very few good ones. Yeah, uh, most of the ones, A lot of the ones. The on the you know, these these beautiful theaters you play, you know when you're doing stand up. Uh, they're they're over one hundred years old, and the uh, I think the green rooms are one hundred and fifty years old. A tiny little you know, they're they're they're they're tough. They're pretty tough. But this one's actually pretty nice. It's not too bad.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Do you have things in your writer when you do your stand up special and you go city to city? Any any demands there that might surprise us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's not crazy like you'd think. It's just uh, I just think coffee or something like that. Literally, nothing, I don't. I'm pretty easy. We bring stuff. You know, my die it changes every three minutes, so you know, I'm into a gave and now I'm not. Now honey, you can't have honey and that. So it's like we just bring our own whatever it is. I'm trying to do whatever, whatever wave I'm trying to catch to get in shape.
Speaker 2: Next, I was wondering when you did cameos on Everybody Loves Raymond right now, did that lead to King of Queens?
Speaker 6: No, No, it helped, not connected, not connected in that way.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: I had a development deal at NBC and we were developing the show. But what really helped me solidify it. I was at NBC then when we were starting the process. They didn't They passed on the show The King of Queens. But because Ray invited me to write an episode with him, we wrote one on golf. That was the one that I was able to write and get in on and CBS saw it and said that they would They were okay, given me my own show. So it helped he you know, he was such a big help and all that.
Speaker 2: When you do stand up and you go out and test this material, I'm assuming you go out to smaller clubs and test. But if it doesn't go well, is the joke removed or rewritten?
Speaker 6: It depends. I mean, it depends on you know, I will you know, sometimes I'll force things and I'll be like, nope, this is funny. That audience was not great, and I'm going to try it again. And sometimes they prove me wrong where I'm like, oof, I've tried so many times, it's just a pain, and he asked to get this thing going and it's just not working. So, you know, I'm pretty good at knowing. I think this is going to work for me. But I've written bits like way too long, you know, and done the whole thing and it ends up, you know, I lose the audience with it. So it's like it ends up just being a really short bit, but it's still in there. You know, it's a funny punch, and then you're out.
Speaker 2: Tougher to star art a comedy show or end a comedy show.
Speaker 6: That's a good question. I think start. I think start because when you when you come on stage, they give you a couple of minutes. You know, they're just excited to see you, which is nice, and they're really really happy with you. But if you don't hit them with the first few jokes, or you miss or something's a little often your time is a little off, you can lose them. It's more dangerous. There By the end of the show, you've kind of built up, you know, a relationship with them and they kind of know you know that they hopefully like you. At that point. So it's a little easier I think to end, although I've missed endings, like I've gone, you know, gone to my big closer and it didn't go. So I've got to go on and try to find another one.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like you try to get out on that last big laugh and if it doesn't go, you got to find another. Oh so you like go into extra innings with this, Yes, it's extra innings. It's it's it's not fun and and I'll torture them because I'll just stay as well as necessary.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm not leaving until you guys start laughing. So yeah, yeah, when you were younger, did you ever follow somebody who crushed? Like, do you remember that feeling and who it was?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, I mean I remember seeing Sandler. I first met him at the Comic Strip in New York and I just went up to him and he was really nice to me, and I watched him just crush. And Ray was one of the first ones that I saw crush too, you know, it was I was hosting it. You remember the Young Comedian Special, the HBO Young Comedian Special. They were doing, you know, auditions for that, and I got to host it. So I was on all night long MCing and I watched these guys come up, and I was trying to be seeing myself to see if I got on, if I can get on, and all these comedians would come on. They were just hammer, hammer, hammer, And then Ray came on and I'm like, how was he going to follow this last guy? Whoever? It was just a royd and raised just very low key. So but he did, he changed. He he taught me a lesson that like he just settled into the audience like he just he just did his He stated his pace where I would have tried to amp it up and try to get him going, you know, and just be louder, he stated his pace and the first joke didn't go as well, but then he got him and he crushed it and he ended up getting that special I didn't.
Speaker 2: Nor Norm McDonald had a unique delivery.
Speaker 6: Crazy great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how would you describe that style?
Speaker 6: I mean it's not traditional, no, no, it was uh, it was so unique and that was just so you know, he was so committed to it and there was nowherewhere else to go, you know, That's the thing. It wasn't like he went into a character and delivered a joke that way. That was him, and I loved it so much. You know, he's again so different than anything you've seen or will see. Probably I just is that ah, just that style.
Speaker 2: They didn't care that if you cared, it was like, right, hey, I care, and if you don't, that's okay, Like you know, you know, move on with this. We're talking to Kevin James. He has his comedy special premiers today on Amazon. It's called Irregardless and his Owls Don't Walk tour begins February third. Tickets available at Kevin james dot com. Family friendly stand up on Amazon. Yes, how important was it to do it that way? It?
Speaker 6: You know, it was important for me, uh thirty years ago. That's where what happened.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like I used to curse like a crazy man with all my buddies, and you know, but I realized that it was more at a laziness, like I didn't want have to change my set if I ever got the Tonight Show or if I got a TV spot. I just started saying, I got to write clean. I don't want have to change my material, so I don't do any like political stuff or current events like I didn't want to write stuff that I'm going to lose it after it's done, So it's like to build a universal act. For me, was like it was important and it just kind of settled in that way, you know, and I just, you know, I try to write that way. I don't think about it like, oh I got to write clean now. But it just happens that way, and you know, it can be challenging sometimes but it works out.
Speaker 2: Recap your year as a New York Jet fan, Oh.
Speaker 6: My gosh, it's just getting more and more depressing because I'm saying the same thing every year. You know. It's it's you.
Speaker 2: Know, and I didn't lead with this Kevin. You know, I waited till the very end, right No.
Speaker 6: By the way, I was there opening night, you know, for Rogers, Yes, and I didn't make it into the stadium before he got I was in the parking lot walking in and it was over. You just heard this massive you know, the energy just left the stadium and I was like, you knew something was wrong and you're like, whoa was that? And of course, you know we find out it was a four plays in or something. It just you know, I mean, it felt like it would felt across the whole NFL. I mean everybody, you know. It just it was an exciting thing to go for, you know, to root for and to see how it's going to turn out, whether you're Jet fan or not. And when that was taken away, it just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would you have given up one of your healthy achilles to keep Rogers in their quarterbacks? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like a kidney thing. Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: You know you're not using your achilles?
Speaker 6: No, I haven't used it in years, in years.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can have both. By the way, we have an undercover skid idea Paulie.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you know King of Queens. We all know the role you played on King Queens. What if you went as a mean spirited UPS driver undercover where it's clearly it's you, but you're not the nice guy from CBS. You're not the nice UPS driver. And see if people figure it out and their reaction as they confuse you as the celebrity to just a UPS driver.
Speaker 2: Hilarity would say, that's the elevator pitch there from Paulie, my producer.
Speaker 5: By the way, I couldn't be more confused. Myself right now, that's part of it. You play an undercover ups driver.
Speaker 6: I'm an undercover okay, but.
Speaker 5: People may recognize you as your role from King.
Speaker 6: Of Queens, right, but I'm not that guy.
Speaker 5: No more mean spirited because you're kind of look tough right now with the bald and the and the goate.
Speaker 6: But yeah, a little bit more edgy, right, Yes, I gotta more.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that what your wife says?
Speaker 6: Yes, all the time you do. Yeah, it is a little bit. I don't I don't realize that. The without the hair, you look a little like you're angry. There's a wrestler feel to you. Yeah, a big show kind of like. Yes, and you have played a wrestler before, well yeah, fight mma fighter okay, but yes, wrestle. Wrestled in high school. I wrestled one year in high school. I wrestled the get McK foley.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: Uh McK foley was on Uh. It went to my high school and my college by the way, but he Uh. I was a running back in high school. Uh, and the our team needed a heavyweight, so they brought me in. I'd never wrestled before. I was a strong kid. Uh, so I had like a double leg takedown. That's all I had. So if I could take you down and squeeze you, you know I would. I would win a lot of matches. But if if you knew anything about wrestling, you could you could beat me easily. And uh I remember one match it came down to that because I think Mick was hurt or I don't know what it was. They needed me and it was a big match that was going back and forth. And when you're a heavyweight, you wrestle last, so it was an away game or away match, and uh I was going against his big kid, and I remember I was so panied because everybody go like turning to me, and it was one of those like in a sports movie where it's just everybody looked at me, and it was like you're in and it was like vision quest, you know, I take the head, you know, you put the headset on, you get in there. I put my foot on the line and they're like go and I double legged him and I went back on him and then he rolled me immediately, and he was so big I couldn't breathe. I was suffocating under him and I was fighting like crazy, and he ended up pinning me and we lost, and it was the worst. I just remember the bus ride home. Two things. I remember everybody being quiet and probably hating me. And I remember number two. I smelled just like that guy, so I had to smell and a quiet ride home.
Speaker 2: You didn't mind being called a heavyweight. I always wondered about that. Hey, you're the heavyweight.
Speaker 6: No, I was in good shack, like I liked it, because most heavyweights were back then. I wasn't ripped, but I wasn't. I was in good shape. I wasn't. I was like two hundred pounds maybe or whatever. But I was like, you know, you'd go against these guys that were just you know, grass fed, big, big guys.
Speaker 2: But luckily you've gotten over that embarrassing moment that you had just now. Yeah, have fun with Kelly Clarkson and good luck with the special. Irregardless premieres today on Amazon Family Friendly and OWLS Don't Walk Tour against February third. Tickets available Kevin James dot com. Thank you, v thank you, Hi buddy, thank you to see it. Kevin James. I think we've been in like five movies.
Speaker 5: I get I read for the Newman YouTube.
Speaker 2: Well, not exactly that we are in a now pronounce Shoot Chuck and Larry. I was in Grown Ups one and two. I was in Hubee Halloween, and I think there's one other one that we were in together, and we were in a few scenes together. But is there another one that you see Paulie on his IMDb that I might have been in. Since I've been in I think twenty of San I.
Speaker 3: Mean technically we've all been in a scene with pixel pixels.
Speaker 2: He was at the podium. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes we were. We were in that movie as well up in Toronto.
Speaker 5: Like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, you too.
Speaker 2: Not exactly, not exactly. There's the scene in I Now Pronounce You, Chuck and Larry where Sandler and Kevin James are, you know, firefighting partners and they're trying to get benefits and then they appeared to be married, and uh so the scene I'm I'm supposed to be in Brooklyn and we just get ready to start shooting my scene with Sandler and Kevin James, and Sandler goes, uh, Danny, how about a Brooklyn accent? Right right as we're ready to start shooting, And I go, come on, and then Kevin James goes, come on, you call yourself an actor. You don't have a Brooklyn accent. And I go, you could have told me this before. It's I did blend it with Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I get there and my character's got a Greek name, last name, and Sandler goes, as I deliver my lines in front of everybody, Drew Barrymore, they're all, you know, watching this, and he goes, Danny, I'm about a Greek accent. I go, Samman, I like, you're just telling me. He goes, your last name is Greek. I said, but that doesn't mean that I speak Greek, and then he said, I give it a try. So I delivered my lines in what I thought was a Greek accent. It didn't make the movie. Yeah. So then there was Zohan. He's a Sandler movie. What's the official title of Zohan?
Speaker 8: Fear?
Speaker 5: Don't mess with this?
Speaker 2: Mess with Zohan? And Emmanuel Shrieky's in the movie, and Sandman knew that, Hey, you know, if you can get me into that movie, that'd be nice, just to say. He lo to Emmanuel Shrieky, who was what Sloan in uh On Trash. So there's a role that Rob Schneider got, and that's the cab driver. Well, Sandler goes, Danny, can you do a Middle Eastern accent? And I said no, and I'm not doing a Middle Eastern accent. So if you see the movie, Rob Schneider's the cab driver. And he had offered me that opportunity. Hey you got a Brooklyn accent, you got a Greek accent? How about Middle East? No, how about Midwest from Cincinnati? That's all I got her home Team. I was in that one too with Kevin James. You were okay, Yeah, that's where players play Sean Payton. Yeah, but I play myself in that, so that doesn't really count. That's not acting. All right, let me take a break. Phone calls coming up back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search fs are to listen live.
Speaker 2: Slipping a couple of phone calls here, We did have a formula for sitcoms. It always was the heavier guy and then it was always the pretty girl. CBS would always have that, Hey it's the big guy and then it's the beautiful wife. There felt like there was a pattern. Yes, uh yeah, Lea Remedy, King of Queens.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I think that's Kevin James, but Lea Remedy.
Speaker 5: But you have to be like, you can't take it as an insult, like if you're Kevin James, you're you're everyman. You're kind of not too big, not too small. You don't have a great job, you don't have a bad job.
Speaker 2: I think at some point you go, man, the pay is really good. Yeah, go ahead. You know, maybe this started with Jackie Gleason and the Honeymooners Dry Meadows right as he's a bus driver and you know, Jackie Gleeson really big guy. But then it was like we always go whenever you watch those shows, don't you go that guy couldn't get her in real life, Like Sophia beg Ghera on Modern Family with Ed O'Neill.
Speaker 5: Now Ed is a retired rich businessman. They trumpet how much money he has on that show.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a sugar daddy. That's a whole different uh formula.
Speaker 5: Did you guys ever see that episode of SNL where it's like a newscast is it seating Horatio Sands is the actor. Does that sound right? He is one of the comedians. So he's standing there. It's a live shot of like an accident in a neighborhood and Horatio Sands is sitting there with Margot Robbie, who's his wife, you know, stunningly the top five on Earth, And so they throw it out to the live shot and the guy goes, you know, let me talk to a couple of local witnesses who saw the crash. An interview Hoiratio Sands, who's a big, thick guy, kind of every man, and let me talk to his uh and and all of a sudden, the guy in the studio goes softy, goes real quick, he did you say that's his wife? He goes, yes, it was back to you in the studio, Jim. He goes, can you go back? Is he a lottery winner?
Speaker 4: And they go back.
Speaker 5: They keep going, the newscaster to keep going back and forth to find out how he got her.
Speaker 2: Yes, smart classic.
Speaker 4: Every time I see the George Lopez show, his sitcom, I'm like, uh uh, no way, no way. He was just a regular, like a a factory worker that became like a manager of a factory worker of a factory plant, and I'm like, uh huh, Constance Marie is the uh actress's name, and you're like, uh huh, No, it wasn't Ed O'Neill.
Speaker 2: But we've done that before in real life, when you go over to somebody's house and you're going, oh, that's your wife. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Sally and I have been together for twelve years, love every day.
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 4: I saw this once where the guy was a bigger guy, older, but then I saw a picture of him when he was young, and my wife goes, oh, I see it really really handsome when he was young and thin, and then he put on a couple pounds.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just call me out. Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 5: He used to work out thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: And then you found potato tips at Eminem's.
Speaker 2: That is true. That was That's a remarkable you know when you have the reverse transformation, are you you know, like the before and after.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like, oh, that's the this is the dude she settled for because in her past there's some super wealthy guy that she thought was going to be the guy, but then that didn't work out, And it's like, ah, well, this is the guy I ended up with.
Speaker 2: Uh, Andrew and Florida Andrew.
Speaker 7: ADP six two two ten. Two questions for adp Uh. First one, just watched That's My Boy with my wife and what a funny movie that was.
Speaker 6: But favorite Sandler movie? Would love to know?
Speaker 7: And then second question, Pat Mahomes, Kelsey or Bronk and Brady who would you rather have?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to stay with Brady and Gronk. I mean, the fact that we're in we're allowing them into the conversation says an awful lot about them. But I would still stay with Gronk and Brady. But you know, hey, I'm open to Gronk and or Kelsey and Mahomes being the greatest duo in playoff history. H Jeremy and Texas. Hi Jeremy, thanks for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Good morning. I just wanted to let you in on a little bit with help for your podcast, on your betting podcast, okay, and my ability to bet on the future because I had the fortune my daughter graduated with Patrick on White House High School and I had the fortune of Washington grow up and seeing every game I think I might have missed one or two games, and when he went to Tech, I famously told whoever would listen, unfortunately that he's never gonna amount to nothing. They've had quarterbacks to go to Tech and just stayed off and basically every game I brought twenty five years right now, Well, certainly, let me remember that a bit of information that I said, and say, you know, you remember when you said that he's not gonna be many too much? He's won two super Bowls, he's ben tie three MVP. Yeah, I said, you know, how's wrong on that one. But if you need help for the feature.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Jeremy, thank you. We'll keep you on speed dial. By the way, Uh, Andrew and Florida was asking me about my favorite Sandler movie, none that I'm in. I would say Deeds. And I always loved mister Deeds. And then every time I see a movie, a Sendler movie that I wasn't in, I always go, well, I could have played that role, or I could have played that role, but mister Deeds, I still get a kick out of that. Let's see what else would be in there? Yes, Tom, does he still owe you a car?
Speaker 4: Did you reach that number of movies?
Speaker 2: You know what It hasn't been brought up because I did. I was in Hube Halloween that was supposed to be the movie that Sandler would then buy me a car. But now he's gotten like, you know, he's this serious actor. He's in this space movie.
Speaker 3: You think he's bought the Safty Brothers car. He's moved into that realm.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Now he's working with these other directors and producers and they're really serious and important, and all of a sudden, all of us we got kicked to the curb, you know, David Spade and Rob Schneider. Sandler doesn't care about us anymore. He's now an actor. He wants to win an Academy award. Yeah, great, what about us, We're trying to feed our family.
Speaker 6: Sand Man.
Speaker 3: I just saw him the other day to wearing a scarf and like a nice coat too that he knows. I was gonna say he he had on like shoes, some slacks, a nice coat and a scarf.
Speaker 4: That I'm there was a Nick scarf.
Speaker 2: There is no way, there is no way, yeah pulling.
Speaker 5: This new movie is called Space Man, You're right, Yakob Prozaca.
Speaker 2: And he's in with Carrie Mulligan. Oh, and she's a big time.
Speaker 5: Orphan is a boy and raised in the Czech countryside by his grandparents. He overcomes the odds become the first astronaut from the Czech Republic. I think it's a serious movie. Oh that story again, that old bet Spaceman two. It's actually Spaceman two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know it's no heads up no, because I said, hey, uh got any movie.
Speaker 5: Could be one of the guys that mission controlled Dan.
Speaker 2: I had to it was so bad, it was pathetic that I sent him a text recently. I said, hey, Sandman, I want to plan I want to plan my summer. Let me know if you have a movie, and he goes, Danny, uh working on something, and then that was it.
Speaker 4: I don't do that goofy stuff anymore. That come on.
Speaker 2: Final hour on the way more phone calls. Mark Sanchez will stop by as well. Letsy Seaton, Marvin Paullie, yours truly back after this