Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and newly Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Here we are playings lounges on a victory Friday.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, you know.
Speaker 3: The crew Danny Cray, heckm Harrison, Barry Church, Scrugs. The Cowboys nine and a half point favorites, and this game was a forty one thirty five Cowboys win.
Speaker 5: It was a.
Speaker 3: Close game with the Cowboys down in the fourth quarter coming back. So they were down twenty eight twenty seven at three in the fourth quarter, Seattle score to make it thirty five to twenty seven, Dak Prescott and the crew with fourteen points to close this show. All right, gentlemen, and I'll start with you, Danny. We create run around the table. Give me your first impressions of this victory.
Speaker 5: This is this is one of the victories that we had been talking about. We needed where we're behind, right and the past rush is not that big of a thing. And Dak in our offense has to find a way when the defense isn't as good as they have been to make something happen. And then we had a chance to see it. Like you just said, they were down, they had to come back. Dak took it on the shoulders made it happen. They also showed up as a physical team. I'm looking at Ferguson, I'm looking at Dak with the flex on.
Speaker 2: I see TP.
Speaker 5: So for me, this is this is one of those games where I was like, hey, you know what right now we look like and for next team and when we play against physical teams, we haven't been able to be as physical. This right here showed that we do have the potential to be physical as any other team in the league.
Speaker 4: Pak Man Harrison one side of the ball.
Speaker 2: On one side of the while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we messed intensity everything you just said. And I agree with the fact that we needed that test. We need to have somebody come in here and tests. I met, especially our offensive line. I think they did a I wouldn't say phenomenal job, but a good enough job against a defensive front that gave them all sorts of pressure and problems and internally Talaviadish was one of those names that I came away with saying, hey, man, we got to be better at that position, especially if we want to get to the next level. But offensively, man, it was Dak for me, it was Dak was It was all the people that said that he had to have one of these types of wins. He had to play against an opponent that tested him. And I think Brandon Cooks, to me, is that guy in this offense that can really open up everything for everybody. Because no matter how you play the Cowboys couple for whatever it is, or double just straight up double team ceedee lamb, Brandon Cook's gonna have his opportunity to expose you. And man, I've been talking about my tight end for a long time and I've been waiting on him and I've been waiting on him to have one of these kinds of games. But I think Jake Ferguson also showed you that, man, he can be one of those dudes that can hog the middle of the field and if you put him one on one with a safety Jamal Adams, my man.
Speaker 2: Yo, you burnt to date and I loved it.
Speaker 4: I loved it, man, I loved everything about the victim. Now, when I look at this man, to me, it boil down to two things. One, Dak Prescott once again put it on his shoulders and had possibly his best performance as a cowboy to date. Man, if you look at what he was able to do out there, fighting guys off on, scrambled for extra yards, finding the open receiver, I mean he did it all. He did it all out there. And another thing that came to mind is that I gotta give credit where credit is do.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Mike McCarthy's a hell of a play caller. I'll give it to him right now. He's a hell of a play caller when you look at it, man, because I got hey, Like I always said, Man, when I see you on tape, I see what I see, and I say what I see? That man right there put on a clinic. When you talk about creativity and getting your number one guy involved with your CD land, whether it's reversus lining them up in the slide short intermediate, I mean he was able to dial it all up. And Dak has been able to go out there and execute the game plan almost flawlessly out there. So those are the two things that stood out to me. I'm sure we'll talk about this defense because we But when you talk about the offensive performance out there, Dak stood on everything and McCarthy drew it all up. And hey, what can I say? They had almost a virtuoso Reverend Barry Church singing.
Speaker 2: He did is he good for the season? Now good? Michael Cardin, it's this day.
Speaker 4: He didn't we gotta let it play out, got play We gotta let him play out, But he did. I said that, I got laughed at let it play out. But he did his thing.
Speaker 5: Man, I think he's the la it is obviously he's been in there.
Speaker 2: So shout out the big money.
Speaker 4: No, all right, this is players last brought to you by Toasty.
Speaker 2: Does you keep that pain? Take them?
Speaker 4: Know how McCarthy's been going this game to me, I'm just going to echo with you, guys.
Speaker 3: This was about Dak Prescott having to carry everybody because the defense was getting They were getting business. Okay, Seattle came to it. They were laying the business and you needed to scool, and you had to keep on scoring, and you had to keep on going. I go in the fourth quarter, you're down at this point thirty five seventeen Cowboys get the ball back, they go six place fifty six yards. They get the field goal, and then after that there was the fourth and one that the Seahawks did not get. So Cowboys get the ball. You gotta go and do some business here, and Dak Prescott takes him down the field. That's when Jay Ferg went ahead and caught that right over Jamal Adams after they being noise talking that.
Speaker 2: Both of them. I love to see it. Yeah, I love you.
Speaker 3: He ain't back down, ain't back now. So so you get the touchdown and then you get the two point conversion of Cooks.
Speaker 2: Is what you needed right there.
Speaker 3: And then Seattle gets the ball one more time here looking at looking at the fourth quarter stat sheet once again stopped on a fourth down, fourth and three from the Seattle fourteen.
Speaker 4: I mean, uh they where were they?
Speaker 3: Seattle went fourth and fourth and that was the Geno Smith incomplete pass to Jackson Smith and jig with the kid from DFW. So Cowboys get the ball, they go down the field. They get themselves on a fourth and three, a Brandon Aubry field goal. Then Seattle's got the ball back here or one forty three to go. They can't get it done.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Cowboys lose.
Speaker 3: For the critics out there were like, Dad, can't be dag the Cowboys that being a team with a with a winning record. Here's a winning record. Here's a good football team we saw. I mean, regardless of what happened, that is a good football.
Speaker 4: Okay, ain't going to Super Bowl. But like I said, but hey.
Speaker 2: Own that.
Speaker 4: I'll own that.
Speaker 2: You whispered that though, I yeah, I did. I didn't.
Speaker 4: Ain't no doubt. I wish both teams.
Speaker 2: Balls alive.
Speaker 4: Man, But but that was that was a quality win. And I like, I don't know which you feil saw what you had?
Speaker 3: How'd you feel about macarthy affres saying we needed this kind of football game?
Speaker 5: Now, I think as a coach, he has a he has his hand on the pulse of his team. He knows that they needed to be tested, especially when you come up against three games twelve and twelve days. Some of those oppositions that you came up against was not quality, I'm add admitting, especially commanders.
Speaker 2: So you got a lot.
Speaker 5: You got an opportunity to test some of the things that you have been scouting in your playbook to see if it worked, and you got a chance to go out there and test that versus teams like this, But you wanted to see what they did when they got hit in the mouth, and they got hit in the mouth in this game.
Speaker 2: You look at the end of the first half going into the second half.
Speaker 5: Seattle took that split, they came out a halftime, they scored on you, okay that at that point it made it look like, man, we might be in a little bit of trouble here at home. And then the defense and the offense had to get The defense had to get a stop, the offense had to respond, and like I said, I just feel like for this whole season, Mike McCarthy has had his hand on the post of this team. He's made all the right decisions with these guys as far as you know, giving them the rest that they've needed. Tyron Smith the decision to say, hey man, you don't need the practice during the week. All we need you to do is come out and play. And what has he done. He's come out and he's responded, and he's made the moves like he looks like old school seventy seven to me, right and you Tony Pollard, a guy that we've been talking about finishing runs, being able to be a guy that's a possession like he's moving the chains. You see him doing that all right, finishing runs. And also the way that they've been using Rico dawdle Man. I have no doubt that this team, if they continue with the play calling that Mike McCarthy has implemented right now him and Dak they on the road real quick.
Speaker 4: Two things we talk about Rico situation, they're using them well. But to me, why is it Tony Poler getting those outside runs that Ricos is get every time he gets in the game. When Tony Paul starts it off, what was his first three runs right up in the commimit of tackles as soon as Riko and let's get them ata sweep on the outside. I think those are the runs that that TP needs. But I will say this real quickly and then you can get back to it. I don't think I agree disagree with McCarthy on this one. That defense didn't need this game all right, Like we're talking about, you know, we need this game to whatever confidence that defense did not need this game. That happen to them like that because we were said the team, the team, the defensive part of that team.
Speaker 5: I think you're specifically talking about the offense like you ain't talking about talking about the offense, and then you having the defense in the stands of Okay, we're not playing well, but we need to just come up with one one stop like that that is the moment because they haven't.
Speaker 2: How does that help?
Speaker 4: I'm just say, how does that help the defense?
Speaker 2: Though? Like, well, I confidence anything because.
Speaker 5: You've been in these games against these other winning teams to where when you needed a big time stop you haven't been beginning. And now you said, okay, all right, when we're playing again, it's a quality team and things aren't going right boom, are we able to respond at some point to make sure that we can get the ball back to our offense and then get that momentum going on our side?
Speaker 2: And I think they did.
Speaker 5: Because it was going it wasn't good at all. It wasn't good, and they did come up with a stop. And that's the same things teams like Philly and San Francisco. Philly don't the whole team's under ten points all the time. Some time they give up thirty five, but then they find a way to get a stop when they need one, and then Jayleen Hurst goes in and that's what Dak Prescott did last night. And I just wanted to ask you, as far as Rico Dalla is concerned, you being a defensive guy, your expectation of Rico Dalla when he gets in the game is he's running in between the tackles. So, I mean, I wouldn't say it's like I'm trying to out think you our scheme, you'll be smarter than the other guy. But your expectation of Rico Dalla is he's going to be a guy that's going to run in between the tackles. And you definitely don't expect for TP to be that guy to run in But you know the way that they're using and the way that they're mixing these guys up.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 4: My thing is just so what the guy cooked is my only thing. Man, this whole you know, two series on one off. If he's tired, we've seen them tap out a couple of times. You bring it, you bringing Rico, But if the man is ready to roll, man, let that.
Speaker 5: Do I agree to the sense that, yes, I do want to see TP get some more of those outside runs. However, you have to mix it up, and you got to bring Rico in on second down sometimes so you can get there. But I think Tony Poler is that at his best when he's able to try to try to capture it.
Speaker 3: So Church go back here, just looking at the drive chart, this is what Seattle did their first five possessions, touchdown, missed field goal, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 4: So at this point in time, you're like, man, you need something. Then Bland comes up.
Speaker 3: So the next five drives, Bland comes up with the interception, then it's a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Then it's downs, downs and downs. So your first five, man, they're taking it to you.
Speaker 3: The last five they did what they needed to do, so old saying, you always have to play great, but you got to play great when you have to. When they had to have it, the defense came and they gave it to you. One't perfect, sure, dan Quinn will go in the lab and these guys will have things they need to work on.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: You two have both played in the league and said sometimes they ain't pretty, but you came out of there win and its old. My man Okaway once said, I ain't gonna apologize for win it, win it. But what I just see right here because I was like, man, they got to force a punt. You know, no, by the way, no punts, no punts in this game. And it set of force the punt blaand got the interception. So when I look at it from a defensive standpoint, yeah, you can moan and grown, but you know what, dog on, they got it done last week Philadelphia. Okay, they had they needed overtime against against the Bills. Defense wasn't great necessarily, but when they needed to come up with something, that came up with something. And that, for me is the interesting thing of how Eagle fans and people praise the Eagles for getting it done and then the Cowboys get it done.
Speaker 4: It's like, well they got it done. I'll give them that they got it done. You can never apologize for wins, like you said, But for me, it's like this was supposed to be the strength, Like this was supposed to be your backbone or your team.
Speaker 2: Okay, And like I still I do think it still is.
Speaker 5: I do think some of it is a case of the Thursday night football game game. So I think some of it's case of that. I don't think you are as good as you were that you thought you were going to be when you came into the season. I still think this is the top five defense?
Speaker 2: Is it still?
Speaker 5: And dan Quinn, we trust Barry. We are we getting away from that Barry. Do we think that Cleveland is a good defense? Yeah, the Cleveland brown They went out there and beat the Cleveland Browns with twenty four points on them. All right, this is not this is not a bad offense. They had a bad stretch of games to where they lost three out of four.
Speaker 4: Past five games, they've only averaged fifteen. Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what I'm saying they had a bad stretch. But that's a stretch. But but but you said it.
Speaker 5: This week they got dk mecam, they got taller, like they have weapons, and they came in with them weapons and they said, hey man, this is a do or do You were.
Speaker 4: Worried about the secondary or that pass rush because that offensive line for the Sea Seattle Seahawks, they regardage. They were leaking it in entire like these past five SIS games they've been leaking, giving up at least like three sacks a game. Now when you look at it, Gino Smith, I don't even know if he was really touching stuff for that last possession when Parsons came through and he had time in the world to to find these three receivers. So you're more worried about the secondary getting torsed like that or is it the d line not being able to get pressure on a weak offensive line?
Speaker 5: Man, Listen Bland had he had a bad game. I'm like, I can't sit here and say that Gilly had a bad game. Like I think Stephan Gilmore played a good football game. I think Bland had a he had it was different and I always go back to this Bland as a second year player. Okay, we saw a little bit of it last week against Washington when we was like, hey, man, may maybe a little off. So they have some time now to go figure out what's going on. But I would be more worried about that game. I'm like, where is the pass rush? Because we've been talking about the defunted pass rush for a long time and they and and deserve it. So but when we needed it in that game yesterday, when the secondary wasn't able to hold up as much, I expecting Michael Parsons and those guys to have three four sacks on the Gino Smith.
Speaker 2: And it didn't.
Speaker 5: It didn't happen, and Gino Smith a couple of times came close to a ground and called getting rid of the ball as the sack was coming. But you know, look, I think when you start doing the comparison between the way that Philadelphia won and the way that Dallas won and last week's game versus a Bill to your point, knewly the Bills had five hundred and five yards and let's just even go.
Speaker 2: To the Washington Washington Commander's game.
Speaker 5: Washington Commander's game, they gave four hundred and fifty yards and I'm guessing if I know it was over four hundred yards that they gave up to the commanders, you're gonna have a game. And to me, I just felt like they didn't hang their head. And I think that's the al Hairs effect on the secondary. It's been times where you've seen the camera paying to the sideliner you see us. It was when we had Cheetah Bell or Woozy A and guys like that. It'll paying to the side of everybody's heads down. These guys were not suckling, they weren't down. And even deron Bland as a second year pro getting baked the way that y'all y'all saw it. It was having a bad game, but you never saw him hold his head down. You've never seen him seeing him look like he was just couraged. He came out there and he actually as they were picking on him, he got a pick. That adjustment, sorry, that adjustment that was made too, because they did switch sides in the second half. That's the credit to dan Quinn, right, because you trust your players, right, and you and you don't want to be in that situation, But then you also have to have the nerve to be like, hey, you know what, enough is enough and we're going to figure out how to get this done. And Gilly went out there and did he I think he did what he's supposed to do. But we said this last week. He's the better covered guy at this point in his career, and durn Bland is the better turnover guy. And and I'm sure you guys can can echo this, like a lot of people not saying that how impactful he is, but how impactful is that to have a guy I mean, d ron Blanz is getting all the credit because of the pick six pick six is but Gilly went out the second half. We're talking about a guy that was having a historic first half in the second half, you know. And that's the effect of having a guy like Stephan Gilmour on your squad and good coaching.
Speaker 3: Just what you said, hey, guys, we gotta we gotta make an adjustment here, and it worked and everybody did their job. So I go back, think about the team you played on Jacksonville went to the NSC championship game. You didn't play sixteen great games on defense. You're gonna have one. The year New England went sixteen and oh they had their first game.
Speaker 6: Was that.
Speaker 2: Gotta have a game like that, not one.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody threw for three hundred million.
Speaker 2: Three times nobody.
Speaker 4: If you want guys on garbage yard mayby, No, I'm till we did have.
Speaker 3: We did have a game, and I say it's all time. People think it's college football. Had somebody that I didn't like the margin that but won by They should have won by more. I'm like, I know what Vegas said. Vegas out here trying to take you, but nothing taking your money, Like it's the National Football League. You know, the guys over there, good team. I was like, did you notice the receivers. They brought in three really good receivers. They made some plays. The other teams go, they get paid to.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 5: Okay, Philly sent set the record for sacks. Right, we're going to that looking at that game and saying, okay, defense is going this is gonna be a defensive game. It wasn't no defense out there, all right. It was it was about when you can make the stop and get a turnover. And they forced Jalen jayleen Hurst into a turnover situation, they win the game. Sometimes you just have to be able to say, man, hey, whenever the opportunity comes, we're gonna make the play. Now this was you know, like this was it looked it looked different, right because what we've been seeing for the last few weeks against the giants in the in the page whoever, like, we've been seeing a different type of football, and you know, they came in and they tested us.
Speaker 2: Man, it was out there doing sign d K is a good receiver.
Speaker 3: Good we are laid on the break. Let's let's dive up into that here, and let's just let's talk about some of the defensive numbers that we saw yesterday. We do that with Danny Kraig, Heck, Mar Harrison, Barry Church. I mean we scress plays one Find you by Tostitos right here on Das Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 7: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of us magically transforming our SMOOTHI bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool IAI or Pataya bowl handcrafted with Crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola Fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To kick off the.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys? Smeirenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: To the players loud.
Speaker 5: Head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, December the ninth two Experienced Rally Days presented by seat Geek. Take you take a tour of AT and T Stadium, get autographs from Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and alumni, play games, head outside to middle of Lighthouse, and even play on the field, and don't forget to get your photo with Santa and mssus Claus. Visit at T stadium dot com slash Rally Days for more tickets and more infomation.
Speaker 4: Excellent.
Speaker 3: Heck Maharrison, thank you very much. Players Lounge riteing by Tostitos and players Barry Church and Danny mccraye. I merely knew he scruggs, so heck mean he had he had a question for the for the former players.
Speaker 2: Hit it Hit it now.
Speaker 5: Basically, you know when you're watching the game and you're watching a guy like d run bland Man, the man on DK Matcalfe and obviously he's close a lot of in their first half. But we play a lot of men and situation where guys like uh Wilson curse their man to man in situation on tight ends and slots. And for you guys, I mean, it would have been easy, especially with the running game of Seattle not being that effective, to then go to three or four to then say, hey, man, we're gonna get some help on the back end. Because I wasn't a worried about Sharponnaye or Sharpenay, whatever the man's name.
Speaker 2: Is, uh nineteen Carris for sixty yards. I didn't. I didn't have I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't have that same worry when I was watching them when their running game, because we know that's something we've been worried about in the past, is people just taking the middle of the field and running the balls.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: So at a certain to a certain degree, I was saying to myself like, and I put in the group text. Nobody answered, but.
Speaker 2: I was just basically saying, like, how do you say in man, you know this long of what do you.
Speaker 5: When do you ever adjust it? It was listen the response will be too long to put in that message. This is I go back to it. I want to say, no, no, no, I'm good. That's why they do a podcast. That's how they do me. That's how they do you know what I mean I want to say.
Speaker 2: I want to say. It may have been twenty thirteen, maybe Rob Ryan's second year. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We were having a hard time. I'm not getting turnovers right, and we were a man team. We were running a lot of man some some zone fire dolls, but we were a man team. And since we weren't getting turnovers, everybody was like, hey, we need to find a way to get our eyes on the quarterback. Let's all of a sudden start to run cover three and cover two. Let's try to teach it so everybody could be on the same page in the middle of the season. And we went out there and got smoked over and over and over again because that's not the type of team we were. And you have to like rep that type of stuff. Zone drops, where to being covered too, where to be in covered three? Like you know it in your mind, but you have to be able to really be able to go out there and understand what's going on to just switch switch your type of man.
Speaker 2: The middle of the year.
Speaker 5: You remember, we wasn't gett turnover. That was a whole big thing. That's when the whole Biron Jones things start over. He ain't get turned over. We need we need to We got eight eight years. Oh we got b car B carca. We're gonna get some turnover. See listen, that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is it's a difficult thing to do to go from a man being a man team where you're predominantly man, to then switch to being a zone team, especially in that type of situation where you're down or the game is close.
Speaker 2: You go, you go out, didn't get chopped out?
Speaker 5: Now, my word was. I'm sitting there watching Don Run playing. I'm like, man, this man done all this good stuff. Now they finna mess with this man confidence like his confidence man up. Sometimes I'm just saying, you know, if you watch people's confidence torpedo on the field when they getting baked.
Speaker 2: Like that, I was.
Speaker 4: I have seen it and that was one of the worst. As far as like just repeatedly going at somebody. I've never seen it like that before. And you know, we played a long time where Cots was taking turns. Man like, you know, DK Metcalf, You're going line up in line of scrimmer, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Hit you with it.
Speaker 4: Da da da. I'm down the yard fifty yards. And then you know you think, all right, Metcal's not only mine. I got a chance to relax a little bit. Jackson Smith here comes to Jigba out here hitting you with the one too. Locket got something. So, I mean it was one of the toughest toughest nights. But he did respond with that interception out there, and you saw you said he didn't like hang his head down there, just say, you know, take me out of the game type deal, like the like my man from Buffalo that couple of years back. Hey quit first, quit quick quit talking about I'm done. I can't do it though, boy, so you didn't see that out of the black.
Speaker 2: But I think that's rough. Like I know you said this is the worst. But last week it was the same thing.
Speaker 5: But they came into the game and they said we're going at twenty six, and that was mcclarny and all the rest of the guys. They were like, hey, like when I like when he's on me throw the ball, and they threw it too many times. He ended up getting to pick six. But like that's going to be the rest of the season for him because you see what's happening when twenty one's on guys like they're not getting open and he's making players on the ball. Twenty six is the guy twenty six and two, But right now, twenty six, they're gonna take you.
Speaker 4: And it happens all the time in the league when you see guys are they getting hit up on a little bit of a pedestal around the league and Castle Black many ain't that good. I swear he ain't. Like let him line up on me.
Speaker 2: I swear, I'm a cooking. And that's what happened.
Speaker 4: They say, you know what this guy's getting this, you know, defensive Player of the Year votes. Let's go out there and really see if he's like that lay to kind of put that on the back, you know, let's get them eydes a little bit.
Speaker 2: In the other famous couple, he'd be right back in the corner and they know you you do for a bad game.
Speaker 3: Seattle thirty five points in the game, four hundred and six yards of total off its three hundred and thirty four of those yards came through the air, and on third down they were hitting on a.
Speaker 4: Sixty four percent conversion rate.
Speaker 3: They were getting it done. They were old for four on fourth death. So so they have some crucial ones in the game that they could not get done.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys where able stopped there.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we must mention the penalties combined nineteen penalties for two hundred and fifty seven yards.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys had nine for one hundred and twenty seven against them in that game. It was every snap one and then it was calling some tiki tag on both sides, like I mean, you get a hand on the hip or something and they calling it. I mean, those are the type of games that'll annoy you. But when you talk about it was a nineteen nineteen penalties, man, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Yards.
Speaker 4: That's like a record or something.
Speaker 5: Do they have a meeting before that when you know that a physical team is coming, because Richard Sherman and used to get away with stuff like that all the time, Like you know they're a physical team. I assume the reps know that. It's like it's about to be a physical game. So the hand checking isself you got to let some of that stuff go, like let him play, especially when it's out of hand like that. Like, Bro, it was back to back to back to back to where the play ran, and you just start looking at the bottom of the scurity and see if it was a flag.
Speaker 4: So how many And it's just me because I'm just just my eyeballs and play.
Speaker 3: It seemed like they were calling it both sides and so if you got a shoulder like one time it was on Dick, they called it, which is what you supposed.
Speaker 2: Herbstreet was like, no, no, you know, he just touched his.
Speaker 5: That was that was That was a bad one on Herbstreet. For him to say that that wasn't that didn't affect him trying to die to get it.
Speaker 2: We're just saying that, like.
Speaker 5: At some point when it's a physical game or a game like that, you got to let the guys play. If it's something that's egregious to where he tackling you or something like that, I understand that. But if it's some handtake illegal contact, he has seven yards instead of instead of five. Like you get to a point in the game where it's like all right, bro, all right, let's play.
Speaker 2: They do is well. But then but when you when your team stay right with me. No you're not, you're not.
Speaker 5: But I want to say this for CD. CD was putting it on the clinic like Wooling and we came in too. It's are great guys. I mean, it's great young guys. Is gonna be in the league for a while. But it just showed you Cede Lamb and where he is and his route running the way that Dak was able to find him and he was able to get those flags. Man, how many passes did CD lead? I mean, he could have had one of those games. You was like, yoh, probably that's a tough cass because you got people all around you.
Speaker 4: But that's one you gotta At what point he like you let I go aside and you just say straight up, let's double team this guy, like I just gotta be a point you saw with Dad Quinn. Look, my boy Blaying is getting cooked out here. Hey, pride to side, Gilly, you traveling from now?
Speaker 5: Question I'm asking about saying it man, like you're getting killed you what are you doing when you just said Mike McCarthy's doing a good job of being creative and moving CD around and then also having Brandon Cooks be a guy that that all of a sudden he's alive and you're like, all right, well, i mean pick your poison at this point.
Speaker 2: And then Brandon Cooks started off the game where you're like, okay, here we go Cooks.
Speaker 4: Cooks to They're gonna have to beat because I'm putting it whoeber cd is on. You got a double team over topy, y'all don't care where he You got a double team, they gonna have.
Speaker 5: To beat me on other But then but then he beat them on slants, beating them off like they had three guys on them on the on the scene right and he's still and if he catches, like it's he's stipped and catching you got three guys on him. So it's like sometimes you just send that zone that justin Jefferson's you know, guys like that all of a sudden where it's like all right, they understand the game and they understand what they're doing and now out there excelling it. That's where Ceedee Lamb is at. So that at thirteen hundred over.
Speaker 4: Over break, somebody want to talk about Michael Gallop when we come.
Speaker 5: Back, No man, no good and good. Yeah, he has some targets. Yesterday, Yeah, he was out there, he got Yes, curse was out there out there like I was out there.
Speaker 2: Cursels out there y'all saw, and.
Speaker 4: We gotta make Wenna, make picts.
Speaker 5: You gotta make her first of all, he said, you're the one who said he wasn't out said on me, I didn't know. I said, you said he didn't realize that he wasn't out there. He said that, Yeah, I saidn't curse out there.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Last week last he's like, and now it's on me, like you said.
Speaker 5: I pointed them, both of you, I said, pointing both of y'all recognized the number one. You don't know, he said, Man, I don't know curse one out there. I can't even tell me what Fat was striking over though, No, Fat was rolling. I ain't gonna he was rolling.
Speaker 2: Breaks here players last.
Speaker 8: Off the la man, I can't bel To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowld Unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 5: Hi. I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to.
Speaker 2: Ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 5: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the officials of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker. Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wpball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the press dout.
Speaker 4: Who looks right, It's not there. He escapees left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Gets started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 5: Loude Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys fan of the Year, and now he needs your help vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: All right, heck ma, Harris, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: In the players last bout to you by Tostitos, you got Barry Church and Danny mccrab newy scrugs. By the way, as I was going through some notes last night, I went back here and it was August thirty first, twenty twenty three when we got some of these Barry Church declarations.
Speaker 4: Yes, justin Herbert MBBP Top five candidate December first. Now we can go ahead and yeah, that's not happening.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 4: New York Giants will make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, or stuff.
Speaker 4: Killing more top five. It's got a chance chance.
Speaker 2: That book got hell in it. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Right now, l A Chargers will make the playoffs, will win a playoff game, said, will win a playoff.
Speaker 4: We took a major fall man and then charges against Dallas on Monday night. He was like, I'm undecided.
Speaker 2: Do you have a bet? I feel like you made a bet with somebody and the last one Danny dies. Yeah, yeah, that was over.
Speaker 4: It happens to the best of us.
Speaker 2: Was August down with the team.
Speaker 4: Now one of these rights just invite me to the West coast.
Speaker 2: That is a little vacation.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we're checking the book here, Michael Gallup from Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, it's been it's been said repeatedly. Okay, that the separation just he's not there.
Speaker 2: It's not there.
Speaker 5: You take a chance when you throw him any ball that is not deep, all right, you take a chance when you throw them out route a slat route and is manament. You're taking a chance because just like we know, well the scene, this plan though, that the separation is just not there. Now you got Brandon Cooks is a deep threat. Seed Lamb is a deep threat. So now that position that he used to play is you know, it's kind of Tobert deep threat.
Speaker 4: Tobert had one catch in the game for.
Speaker 2: You had.
Speaker 3: No du He did interping with three targets and one catch, two bad drops and then he got Gallop.
Speaker 4: With one target and not credited with a catch here in the game.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 5: I believe MG. I believe in you out. I believe in you do. It's gonna continue this way. CD Lis is gonna kick continue on this track. Jake Ferguson is gonna have the year that he's having, and this guy is gonna have opportunity to make up for believe it, and I believe in. I ain't gonna Brandon cooks him like I did beginning. I ain't gonna do that because you will be a food to do that. Because what I see on Brandon Cooks is four for four and a touchdown in a two points.
Speaker 4: I opened up the body. I opened up with saying, Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 2: Ball, I did that.
Speaker 5: If you throw them, man, he mistaken. But if you throw Brandon cook the ball, what we've seen in the last four weeks is that he's productive. So we get a guy for past giving, giving the path. I tell you exactly what he should He should be third, fourth or fifth in targets and right now he you know, he down there with the ones. That's okay because you got ceedee lamb, Jake Ferguson and Brandon Cooks and Tony Pollard and then Dak Prescott doing what he's doing.
Speaker 2: So shout out to him.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dak Prescott getting it done. Received on his roster.
Speaker 2: Is he God, that's bad for now. Now it's about to get blown out the water, though.
Speaker 3: Man, Cowboys forty one Seattle thirty up next to the Philadelphia Eagles. So the Eagles with a big game this weekend, O the boys. So Chris Bean, let's go ahead and get our pig boys. Everybody won last night in the picks here, everybody took Dallas, Danny. You had the Cowboys winning by eleven. Heck, you had the Cowboys winning by eleven. Church, you had the Cowboys winning by three, had the Cowboys winning by seven. Cowboys ended up winning by six.
Speaker 4: The line was nine and a half.
Speaker 3: So being obviously, we've got Philadelphia and San Francisco. If you want you that one right off the top, you know, well, go ahead and get That's.
Speaker 2: What we all care about. You've been waiting to pick against Philly. What you got, man, what you got? Give me the.
Speaker 5: Phy me bro this man, pick Philly here talking about what you're talking about thirty we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Thirty two in Philly, twenty six. You got you got the Niners thirty two Philly, thirty two, twenty six. What you got? Yeah, your man, I'll tak you. I'll say, give me, give me Philly in this one. Give me Philly in this one. Twenty eight twenty four. Yeah, give me Philly taking Philly in this one.
Speaker 2: I need them.
Speaker 4: I need them to.
Speaker 2: I need them.
Speaker 4: I need y'all to feel like they walk on water when they come in here next Sunday. I need I need them. It's a game for the division.
Speaker 5: I need They're gonna win. It's perplexing. Yeah, it's not perplexing. I got Philly. I got Philly. It's gonna be close, Philly by two. So give me twenty eight twenty six the other boys for real this year. It is your time to pay. It's your time to pick. That's what I'm listen. Listen, I am going they're in the link. Can't then I'm going with Philly. All right, They're gonna win by three, twenty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 2: Be a tight game. Defensive show up at the Link.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: I need a walking on walling. What else we got Denver at Houston? Denver, I think he's won five in row. This is for the wildcar like I think, if you win this, hey, they in charge of the wildcard spot bron I think so BC, all right, well give me it's in Houston. Yeah, man, that was Stroud cold Man, give me Stroud in this one. So give me the Texans twenty eight twenty one.
Speaker 2: What was the spread again? What did you say the spread was on this game?
Speaker 5: I don't have no no, Okay, Man, After watching Houston last week in tank Dale, boy that boy call, Yeah, I liked them a lot. I'm gonna go with Houston in this one. Oh Man, twenty three, Houston got three twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Man, can I switch up? I forgot I never got that defense. Man never got a defense. They got a good defense. I think they're gonna yeah, give me Denver. Uh yeah, give me Denver twenty four to twenty one. Man, switch that switching out?
Speaker 5: Ju broke down Juju right there on up. I'm going to Eastown, Man, I think the streak is over. Okay, I think the streak is over. I think Eastown needs the bounce back after the game they had last week. So I'm going Houston Great City thirty one, twenty eight thirty one. Oh remember putting up too on? Yeah, the defense they struggled.
Speaker 3: A week Houston nineteen seventeens. I'm gonna go with that, all right, beam with snacks.
Speaker 4: By the way, Danny went five to one last week.
Speaker 2: No way, no way, no way, no way, no are you serious?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Because he went with Houston against Jackson.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I five and one last week and for two the week before. Thank you see me, thank you on fire. At this point, don't take me to bake.
Speaker 4: Just follow his picks, except when he picks Houston.
Speaker 2: I know that the New York Jets, who'd you say them?
Speaker 4: At the Jets Jets. I do not think Atlanta fas is gonna play a way.
Speaker 5: Which is absolutely crazy. That he's back and doing functional football activities.
Speaker 4: That's the fact that he can jog around is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all pick it.
Speaker 4: Who's Atlanta?
Speaker 9: I go?
Speaker 5: I go first, as I'm picking Atlanta. I don't think they Jets have anything. Twenty actually, twenty to ten. I'm going with atl You went five and one last week. I'm going with you. I'm gonna go eight seven, I'm gonna go seventeen, seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 4: I'll take Atlanta sixteen fourteen. They go ahead and give me Atlanta as well. Man, twenty to twenty to thirteen. Christmas next I mean the jets A probably gonna win that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Cleveland travels to LA to take on the Rams, so Flacco might play.
Speaker 2: I got the Rams defense, so I hope we do.
Speaker 3: What you gotta KNOWE give me the Rams to win this one, A major game from Cooper Cup.
Speaker 2: We need that bad.
Speaker 4: Thirty to sixteen. Now give me LA in this one. You can get LA twenty four to ten.
Speaker 5: Garrett has an elbow. I think I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with the Rams here too. I'm gonna go with the Ram twenty four, twenty four to twenty. I'm going to Rams twenty three thirteen.
Speaker 2: This is not good, all right?
Speaker 4: I got one more for if you guys want it. Yeah, I've got the LA Chargers against it. Are just try the link to New England.
Speaker 2: God, I'm sure you want it. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I have to get a game at least when you guys are not gonna all pick the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we all gonna pick the same.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't even want to do it. Man, It's gonna be cold up and I don't even want to do it. But give me the Charges many.
Speaker 2: They got it.
Speaker 4: They got, they got, they got to win this. They got to man, give me the charges twenty seven fourteen, and callum, we trust them all with the Chargers they got. I'm going to Chargers. I'm gonna go uh man, that defense is not playoffs, you know what. Twenty fourteen, twenty fourteen, Sorry, Ceb, I'm going twenty to seventeen with the Chargers too.
Speaker 2: We got it. You're staking man, got it? Are you gonna Are you gonna break this or what?
Speaker 4: Bailey Zappy, Man.
Speaker 2: Bailey Zappy.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be the end of the road of Brandon Stately this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, so are you doing that?
Speaker 4: Twenty to nineteen. There it is, Bill Belichick. It's gonna be the end of mister State Belichick coming out with coach.
Speaker 2: Over before we leave.
Speaker 5: Since we have been talking about Defensive Player of the Year all that stuff, Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: MVP consideration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, I was talking about c. J. Stroud in there.
Speaker 5: If I if I said he's got to be in there based off how he was playing, then Dak Prescott is working his way into the m v P, the MBC, the front runner. If all of a sudden you can figure out the way to play.
Speaker 4: Look at the law working again.
Speaker 2: I ain't have to shop.
Speaker 4: We can say it next year.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 3: Next week is going to be you know, going to be yes, the flipping, be the truth, right, be the true test. I mean, you know it was always talking about drown bland and then there was a picture of a pro football talk had a balloon.
Speaker 4: It's that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, the conversation will be there. But we know you need it against Philadelphia. Do this against Philadelphia, and and and this December, This December, he's got the opportunity to go ahead and get it done.
Speaker 5: I can't Miami, Buffalo, Detroit, I mean against Philly last.
Speaker 4: That's why I say, you stack it, you stack it this.
Speaker 3: He these games right here, there's something I don't know if he McCarthy will talk about these games right here, they got coming up in December.
Speaker 4: He can go ahead winne that. Oh you can go ahead, witness with the.
Speaker 3: Competition that's there and the eyeballs that are going to be there and the way this race is going, he can pretty much solidify himself right here.
Speaker 2: People can't.
Speaker 3: So we'll see, we'll see, we'll see, all right, fun day, everybody enjoy your your football weekend.
Speaker 4: Enjoy SUNDAYWN. By the way, shout out to our guy Kyle Yeoman's who for Brad Sham.
Speaker 3: I got chills listening to him, and heck me, you've worked with Kyle for a number of years here, so obviously you're like a proud, proud brother watching him do. But that was some stuff, man. That is not an easy thing to do. This is not just a regular bro, it's a you know, international broadcast. It's so seriously, everybody checks out the Cowboys on Arenforces Radio and all that.
Speaker 4: Man, what that man did with sensation.
Speaker 5: It's called when opportunity meets preparation. Yeah, that's what you saw.
Speaker 4: And he got that on what twenty minutes, not twenty minutes? Notice that he was ready.
Speaker 2: That's my man.
Speaker 3: No, that was good stuff, man, that's good stuff. So we'll make sure that we acknowledge one of our own here something he did. So all right, everybody have fantastic football week and will check you out Monday for Danny mccraig, Heck Maharrison, Burry Church on New Restructive.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club