Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Saler's podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your loaw glasses, Malone?
Speaker 2: Was that four minutes later today?
Speaker 3: Three minutes late you start that countdown? I would have been three or two if you didn't do that countdown.
Speaker 2: You gotta do the countdown even when you late.
Speaker 3: Why do you have to do the countdown? People are people are tuning into the countdown.
Speaker 1: It's so professional. You don't fuck with the professionalism of the countdown. Well, I turn on a television. They don't do a countdown. They just they just do the show.
Speaker 2: Nah, just they show the intro.
Speaker 1: Even if the show been on for twenty years as vu, you still get the intro right now to this day, twenty seven years later, they.
Speaker 3: Have production credits. Boy, this is this is like breaking news and version see stuff. They don't do an intro. When you know they dropped a nuclear bomb on Japan, they said this just then.
Speaker 2: You want to go more news, not so programming.
Speaker 4: I don't know. We could do a little, but I think if we if we if we lead it right.
Speaker 2: I think we need to make an intro.
Speaker 1: I think next time you come to LA we need to make an SVU intro that's for the lunch hour, and then it starts like the intro we had a.
Speaker 2: Don't boom bom bom bom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom bom.
Speaker 1: And like we just investigating all kind of like crazy shit in the world.
Speaker 3: I want to do three different intro concepts, one for each day of the week, and they could be thematic. One's like SVU. The other one's kind of like family matters, where we turn and wave and then it shows our name.
Speaker 2: Like we're doing a thing, yo.
Speaker 1: So we agree the shout out to everybody in the commons. No Senters live the lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday or Friday Pacific time noon. You feel me, click the thumbs up button. Let everybody know you here.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Do that for real quick clicking thumbs up button. Check the comments you know what I'm saying. Hit the comments up so I can see y'all in here. Shout y'all out correctly. Going to the description, subscribe to No Siller's Podcast. That's the reason why we do this. We do the No Siller's Podcast. That's that's the exact reason why we do this.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So go to the No Sillers Live podcast Feel Me and we in the game. Subscribe it to a link below.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Charlemagne of God Black Effect Network and iHeart.
Speaker 3: We could do something like a role reversal of the Fresh Prince intro or I get out of a cab on one hundred and seventeenth Street in Wilmington and then I walk up and then next thing you know, I'm getting thrown out of the house.
Speaker 4: At the end of the intro.
Speaker 1: I like that too, oh man. So shout out to the homie. I think his name is either pronounced real Studis or Sutis. I'm not sure how to pronounce it. Shout out to the homie from Twitter, but I thought it was interesting and he gave me the idea that I wanted to talk about glasses. Did I go through a character change? Noah, No, no, no no, I just not even like that, not.
Speaker 2: Even like that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Laura nick Land Me Fat Hassan JD my favorite Squishy. I just put together your package, Squishy and selled it up and I got you for your today. Fats Tommie Fast, what's up, Fast, Bela, What's up?
Speaker 2: Queen?
Speaker 1: JD Thug was heading Nick everybody in here showing love You feel Me? West Side was heading so the Homiel like, so today I'm looking and I realized, like, it's a great time to be on the West coast. Ice Cube is dropping Friday. He's dropping a new album this Friday. I don't know why the name is slipping. You feel Me? Snoop is dropping in December. As soon as I leave here, I'm gonna go to the compound with him and dre Aight invited me over there to check out the record. They want to play the record for me. So I get to be critical over some people I grew up listening to. Exhibit is dropping in February. I'm dropping in March. The one ten album oh Ice Cubes album is called Man Down. Snoops album is called uh Missionary. I know exhibits album. He send me the cover heems I helped choose to cover. And then we dropping Glass and Long Presents one ten with me Joey Induced, and I was like, man, somebody got to drop in January, like you know, maybe game.
Speaker 2: I know Gang was preparing documentary three, So.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be dope to, you know, if he dropped in January and we just getting back to business and a homie hopped on my Twitter. He tweeted me and he said something specific to he said, he responded to the tweet where I named all these albums in the month for sure, rest and peace of fear. That's a good point. Cousin Harold Man I was a dope brother. I never got a chance to meet uh cousin Sofa. I never got a chance to meet cousin Harold Sofia and he was hella dope. But so homie responds to me when I'm really showing support for q Snoop exhibit, and he said, respectfully, I'm from Compton, Greenleaf and Willerbrook. I love all West Coast, but new artists have to be featured more or get more exposure like these established artists have within LA culture. And I responded to him and I let him know like.
Speaker 2: Like I'm from around the corner from where you're from.
Speaker 1: And I don't think, really that wasn't the appropriate time to really say that, you know what I mean, Like if you showing love to a particular group of people and that's to me where social media can be a bit like, you know what I mean, kind of like counterproductive, where it's like you showing love, like you showing love to catch up, and niggas start talking about mustard, you know what I mean. It's like, what about mustard? It's like, that's not what this is about. But it sent me into a spiral thought and it took me back to when I first started. We created a movement when I first started in two thousand and five six seven called West Coast Hip Hop right New West. That was our movement. And my attitude when I first got in this gang was always like I felt like I didn't get embraced by by the legends, and I don't even know what that embrace shit look like. You know what I'm saying, be honest, you know what I mean, Like I don't even know quite what I expected. But we started a movement called New West because we were on our own and we had to make it happen, like we none of us was getting signed to labels, you know what I'm saying. And forgive me, uh studies. I'm not saying that that was your intentions to be that way.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Social media can create that environment where you could be showing love to something specifically, you know what I'm saying, and other things come into play and it may not be the time for that. But anyway, we started this New West movement, right and we started this New West movement and me Bishop and Mike stro we were like at the pinnacle of it.
Speaker 2: And really.
Speaker 1: It wasn't negative. It was just like, okay, we on our own, so we're gonna make our own movement. See back then, even sub like like like unconsciously knew you needed a movement to market when it comes to hip hop.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, Pete? Sure? Sure, Okay.
Speaker 1: So as we the movement start picking up steam, different new artists who were in the game or just getting in the game, or been struggling in the game felt like, damn, it's some dudes that we can be down with. They with us, and we with them. So they became a part of the movement. And within that conversation, now you have people with real gripes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was with real gripes.
Speaker 1: It like people who had felt like they've been messed over by certain legendary artists. You know what, I mean, they had gripes. So what started coming from the movement was like, you know, f them old dudes, or I got a problem with this person. You know what I'm saying. It just start being crazy, you know what I mean. It just it started being a different thing, and a lot of the legends started responding.
Speaker 2: To the energy.
Speaker 1: And because everybody kept saying New West, right, and they knew the center of New West was Glasses Low on Seventh Street was Glasses alone, So immediately people start talking shit about me. So I'm like, what the fuck, like, you know what I'm saying, Like, I ain't like this is the New West. I get it, like this is PEPSI and were talking about coke.
Speaker 2: But I never said nothing about coke.
Speaker 1: But now as they start to respond to me or start saying shit to me, fore me, Now I gotta say something back. I'm compelled, right, I'm still Hella Street, I'm still Hella a crip like, so I'm I'm giving them the energy they asking back. So now I'm talking shit too, now not specifically about nobody.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Pete, No.
Speaker 3: I just didn't know because you're meeting with Dre later and there's kind of this old Old West Coast theme going on? Is this a bad time to pitch Dre the idea for the new album the Chronic lower Back Pain for the sixty and upcrowd.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is definitely a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll hold on to that for later then, But on the theme as it exists now, it is interesting, like this is so parallel in human behavior to so many other.
Speaker 4: Topics we've discussed.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: It's the same.
Speaker 3: It's the same conversation as what is the kind of collectivist responsibility of wealthy black people to look out for up and coming black aspiring wealth. It's the same conversation also as pro black doesn't mean anti white, it's it's it's just a recurrence in the same human behavioral pattern that exists throughout the canvas, exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's why, And that was my point set. He's like, I'm not I don't disagree with you, because I think when you say one thing, you're saying three things. Still, even if you're not saying three things, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: That, I get it.
Speaker 1: So I'm just I'm just taking you back to somebody who had that mind state that he's talking about you feel me Like I had that mind state where I really didn't have no I mean I grew up listening to Snoop and Cue like it was to a point that people thought me and Cube really had an issue with each other. And I'm like, dog, I don't have a problem with Q. I'm telling you my journey in the business. You feel me, I don't. It's fucking Ice cubing bonds, fucking alb since I was like eight, like how the fucking min have a beef with Ice Cue?
Speaker 2: So go ahead, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Snoop, And this is serious because the beauty of doggy style was that it was doggy. It was double entrantra between dogs and sex. Right now, Snoop's a little older, there's no such thing as a missionary dog. Why the album needs to be called put Them to Sleep?
Speaker 1: Well, that's only if it's If it's it's it's like you're still evolving pass from doggy Style. But again, because missionary is a play off doggy style.
Speaker 3: But put them to Sleep it's also a playoff doggy style because you give it to them doggy style, you're gonna put them to sleep.
Speaker 4: But when dogs get old, you put them to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but chill because I alady hear this shit later and the nigga will be telling me later like we sup with your hommy, don't do that. So look, we got this New West movement popping right, you know what I'm saying, So like it's blowing up. Bishop get a deal, I get a deal, Mikey is heating up. And now it's like a lot of us, you know what I mean, everybody is on Jay Rock, like all the hommies. We we blowing up, but our attitudes was what they.
Speaker 2: Were because it it went from a bunch of people talking shit.
Speaker 1: Like again, certain people like Topic really had a bad experience with dove C, the hommy. Topic he's a rapper from West Covina, real dope brother and he was signed to dove C and him and DUBC had an issue in a falling out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So so uh.
Speaker 1: When Topics start pushing New West, he started addressing his issues with Douve and then like it'd be different things. So I guess legends kind of felt that heat coming. So then they start talking shit about me, like maybe Bishop, but they just start talking shit about me, and then so niggas hearing him talk shit about me, So then we start responding and.
Speaker 2: Then it's a bunch of other little.
Speaker 1: Goofy shit like right, that really created a weird riff that I really didn't understand. I'm like, brother, like, how do like, how does this work?
Speaker 2: So it got to.
Speaker 1: The point to where, like cube, I remember being with Joe Buddens and this is when Joe Buddens this two thousand and eleven. So Joe Budden is doing a podcast when podcasts don't even exist.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I can give.
Speaker 1: Him credit that Nigga has in podcasting before podcasting was a thing.
Speaker 2: But he had his laptop halfway.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was recording on his laptop, like he was talking to his audience, like he was just broadcasting live. And he had his we on the tour bus and his laptop is halfway you know what I mean, it's not wide open, so I don't know he's talking on it. Not to mention, who the fuck was thinking you was talking to the computer in twenty eleven, I never did no shit like that, So I didn't even.
Speaker 2: Know what's streaming or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still wouldn't have knew because I didn't fucking know what the fuck could you be doing on the laptop.
Speaker 4: And two, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's like you might want to mention that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like I'm giving clarity.
Speaker 1: So with people here, it is like they don't think Joe is just like something scammy dude, Like yeah, he could be vloggy and I didn't know, but no, he was live streaming back then. He was way up name brand on live streaming. Like I didn't know what that was, bro. So I'm telling him a story. He's telling me a story about when he met Wu Tang. This is before obviously you know him and Wu Tang get into it and they kind of punch on him. So I'm telling he, like you don't know what it feels like glasses. He telling me what it was like where he felt he was disappointed meeting some member of Wu Tang. I forgot exactly the person. I'm sure it's out there, you can find it. And I'm telling him, I'm like, Joe, that's normal. Like I remember I met ice Cube at a at a record store signing and watch and I explained to him the story where Cube was doing his signing and he didn't feel as comfortable. Now, I don't know why that don't he could been sick. I don't know, Like, and I'm still telling you my perspective, I don't know, but I said, like, this is the person who I grew up kind of looking up to as the ultimate kind of man.
Speaker 2: And it just felt like.
Speaker 1: Because he didn't react the way I wanted to, and him come meet all these ogs who really was his fans like I came to. I was like, man, I think I saw Q scared like I said it. I was like, yeah, he just kind of seemed scared.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they take.
Speaker 1: That clip and they chop it up and all of the blogs go crazy with it. Again, it's twenty eleven, so shit is hitting. So Q comes out and he's like, nigga, I'm not scared of no glasses malone and fuck that nigga and down I'm like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: So again, this is all on top of.
Speaker 1: This whole New West thing where they all killed and already is looking crazy. You know what I mean, It's just been crazy. There's Cube got songs this in the New West, like it's crazy. So but in my mind, I never in my life felt like I was beefing with Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube or Doctor I know Doctor Dre. I knew Doctor Dre before I even got serious about rap like I don't, or MC eight like I knew because he messed with the Homie Boom. I knew Chill because chilling them gave me my first singles two hundred that blew up.
Speaker 2: So I never had a problem.
Speaker 1: I've been buying these dudes records and listening to that music my whole life.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So how are you and cute? Like you guys cool? Like I don't know, Yeah, we cool now you know each other?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know how it got so crazy, bro, it got so crazy because this is the real story, how we kind of got to a place where we settled it and rest in peace to crazy tunes.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: I don't think I ever told this story publicly, but this is the story. So all this talking, so they would ask me cu Din already put out these dish records if you never heard them, drink.
Speaker 2: The kool aid?
Speaker 1: Uh, No country for young men. It's some songs, and he says some shit. Like even when he disses me on the song, he like you Bobby Bouchet something, And it's like Qute knows my alter ego to water Boy, Like that was everything to me, Like how could I even manifest a this.
Speaker 2: I'm more impressed that Cube knows who I am.
Speaker 1: Mind you, I'm a full seventh Street watch crit Nigga like, but I'm like, this is ice Cue cause like I'm in bond this movies cuz watching like Nigga, what like this cue, Like Nigga formed my style after your style.
Speaker 2: But again, and if.
Speaker 1: He years this, he can go look through the interviews because if I've never in my life said fuck ice Cube or this ice Cube, it.
Speaker 2: Just sound weird. Yeah, and even though it don't.
Speaker 1: Even matter that I'm with mac Tin at the time, and you know, they got the issue where they not talking. I don't have a song saying fuck ice Cue or ever saying that. But again it's this energy like that's what I'm saying, and I'm like, yeah, bro, my homies even said that, like, man, glad you you had a problem. I'm like, no, I didn't, Like, I don't have no song said fuck Snoop Dogg like that shit sounds stupid.
Speaker 2: I don't know them.
Speaker 1: All I know is I'm a fan of their music cuz you feel me so and I got you said this, give me a second. Let me just worry through all this shit. So this is how me and the Q shit, this Q shit come to the head. So I have a show because I have the number one record in this town. It's in Indiana. I got the number one song and that Haters is the number one song. Or son come up, I get that one of them song is the number one song at the time in Indiana. It's it's a town in Indiana. So the radio station booked me for a car show. So I go to to do a car show. Now, outside the car show is where it's at. But inside this in front of a club almost looked like a like a born style of club in Indiana. Fort Wayne. Fort Wayne, Indiana. That's the name of the town. Matter of fact, I actually I used to know who that. I knew who the dead I knew who the dude name was.
Speaker 3: That was actually the PD Yeah, I think that's my old roommate in college. Was this girl on the track team. She stayed with me for like half a year. She was from four Way, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Fort Wayne is one of those kind of small big towns.
Speaker 2: It's like a town that means something two six.
Speaker 4: Oh right, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. D Johnsy said, So at the ten years, they don't forget they forgot. No, that's the point. They ain't forgott about me. Right, So fast forward?
Speaker 4: Right, So is that Dennis Johnson from the Celtics. Was he number three?
Speaker 2: No? No, that's not Denis Johnson died rest of Soul.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right, DJ from counter Too out of the DJ top ten point guard all time. I don't care when nobody say, we'll talk about that another time. Yeah, fast forward, So win four Way, Indiana. They booked me for the car show outside. The outside car show is the parking lot of a club. That night they have a club going and they have ice Cube performance. I didn't know. So we fly into town, right, I go do my sound check. Me it's me and DJ Head and the Homie Quiz shout out their head because Head was there and we was with a record ind from from Universal a Girl. So I'm doing my soundcheck and we're finna go back to the hotel to chill out and get you know, till listen to do the card show.
Speaker 2: Fast forward.
Speaker 1: I'm walking back to the van and I hear like faintly skip skip yy yay, like like music, and I hear somebody checking the mic. This is me outside hearing a sound check inside the club. Hey, my name glasses because I can't see cuz, but my fucking ears it's top tier at this point in my life.
Speaker 2: You understanding, my ears is crazy. So I hear it, I'm like, is that these niggas sound checking in the air?
Speaker 1: So I'm like, damn. So I'm like, I tell the promoter. I said, hey, what's going on. Later he's like, oh, we got a concert. I'm like, oh yeah, they say, acting their sound checking. It's a white man. So he don't quite tell me who it is, but I know who it is. So I'm like, could y'all give us a tour of the club. They said, okay, Now this is raggedy because I did do that.
Speaker 2: It was raggedy. I did do that.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell nobody what I thought or what I felt. I just knew I needed to get in there because I always said, like, look, man, I'm not gonna argue. I love DUBC The shadey is one is my favorite album all time. Like, I'm not gonna argue with y'all over records. I'm not Fena dish y'all the interviews, cause when I see y'all, we get addressing and get to whatever it gotta be. That's just the nigga I was. That's how I am to this day. Like I'm not gonna do too much of that with you. If I could see you, if I could see you, nigga, I'm gonna see you. So the man walk us in, head like okay, so we all walking in. I'm getting closer and closer. Nigga is duve see sound checking. Oh I'm now, So head figures out what I know? He like, oh shit, like he like he know and he see me going.
Speaker 2: So I walk. I walk right past Q. So I'm like, what up, cuz I and I know you son see me like this. Nigga is right here.
Speaker 1: So I stood in front of the stage cuse probably about a good twenty feet back. Why cuz and tunes and sound checking rest in peace to twos and they checking and them niggas looking, and I'm standing in front of the stations like watch up, Cuz niggas look at they like glasses tones comet behind the DJ booth, Hop down, Dub hot down. Now I'm looking for the Q. I'm like, what's up man? You niggas been talking about me? You feel me? Fuck that? What's happening? Cuz, like, let's get these shits right now. That's where my mind was at. So Nigga Toon was saying something. I'm like, what's handing case? Y'all niggas been talking about me and all that. You like nigga, nigg nobody worried about you. Nigga, it's whatever. I'm like, whatever, Cud, we can get out right now. So Cuds is coming there, He coming around Dub to get at me. So I feelsh squabble crazy tunes. This is crazy tunes, Cuz, like what the fuck? Why am I about the squabble? Like one of the my favorite niggas. I don't even know what's wrong cuz, but at this point the cripp is just coming out like I'm like, cuz, whatever, cuse, like, let's get it that nigga. Dub pushed me. He pushed to This is how strong Cuz is. He pushed tunes back Tunes fly back. He pushed me into the kitchen, which.
Speaker 2: Is behind me the fuck. So Doug like, glassing, man, what your motherfucking problem.
Speaker 1: He ain't got no problem cause y'all niggas getting at me, fileing shit. He like, Nigga, you lean the movement, Nigga, you told this story. You thene called this. Nigga, you just set this Nigga scared and died out out out And I'm like, Cuz, I'm just telling the story. You're like, glasses, this niggas lies and you just saying shit and you not thinking about it.
Speaker 2: So he started just talking to me, cuz.
Speaker 1: And and Tunes like, yeah, nigga, you keep trying to bring the streets to this shit. I'm like, nigga, I thought this was the streets. And they like, Nigga, this is a business, nigga.
Speaker 2: You get paid. You gotta check.
Speaker 1: Nigga, they almost got you a million dollars and cuse, they just kept talking to me, cuz, and I just got I went from six to three itchy foot to five, seven to five, four to four, nine to three six by the time that conversation was over. Because Douve made me feel like a Toddler. And I mean, he wasn't like assaulting me, he wasn't calling me out my name, he wasn't doing none of that cuz he was just telling me how the business goes. And it made me feel like fuck, man, Like how did I know that this business was a business? You know what I mean? Like, how didn't I know? Like I didn't know? You know, I'm thinking these niggas, it's really like, you know, like I believe the raps. I'm not thinking that they're telling us stories. That's not to say whether it's real or not, but they are professionals in double like you got to be a professional.
Speaker 2: Cousin.
Speaker 1: I was like fuck, And he was like, look, man, I'm finished selling shit with Cube that nigga call QB. He's like, Cube, I got this nigga glass right now. He's like, what, like, yeah, mana to check this nigga. Man out to get at this young nigga man and tell me, man, y'all niggas need to go ahead get.
Speaker 2: This shit worked out.
Speaker 1: He's like, all right, dude, just whatever you say, dog, you know it's cool, you know, shut it up, and da da dah. And they was like all right, glasses. So they talked and he and he's like, look, nigga, after y'all show, after our show, after your show, nigga.
Speaker 2: Come meet up tonight.
Speaker 1: Nigga, were gonna talk and get this ship worked out. I felt so little, I didn't even go back to the meeting.
Speaker 2: Oh I did my show. I did my show.
Speaker 3: So you got these two poor guys sitting in some diner in Indiana waiting around and waiting around, and you ghost of them out after all that.
Speaker 2: Ship first.
Speaker 1: Man, it was had cause I felt so stupid and little and and ignorant, like I didn't know, and uh so I took it dub Man.
Speaker 3: Dub as you know, like my two most underrated favorites, like of all time of in l A ever is Tashing Dub like as far as.
Speaker 2: Like the guys who and I got tashed on the song too. So you're gonna love. I'm gonna sit it to you. This is RIF.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but we definitely got to get double on this platform because he could tell you the conversation right so fast forward right something like damn Cuz He's like, uh so we talked later and I didn't go because I just felt so stupid, so I know it's over. He's like, look, man, we talk. He's like, man, cub ain't tripping. He said, you know, loans, it ain't no you know, it ain't no problem.
Speaker 2: So fast forward. This is about ten months later.
Speaker 1: Now I really ain't said nothing else about it because I'm over it, Like my whole mind is fucked up.
Speaker 2: Whatever. I go to a radio room for the Grammys, right, the Grammy.
Speaker 1: So a radio room is when all the different people from all the different radio stations in media come to LA because they doing the Grammys, and they set up a room for all of the stars to walk through and do press. It's just a room full of different media outlets, radio station, television stations, magazines, and you sit down with each of them and you get pressed all over for all over.
Speaker 2: The country, all over the world. It's kind of dope. I mean. So I go there.
Speaker 1: I take Pun. This is punk Pun fresh in the business, you know what I mean. Like he like I knew we had all the talent in the world, but he's fresh in the business.
Speaker 2: He's here a crib like me.
Speaker 1: So like, you know, we we on time, but were not chipping like I've been in the business now four years, five years, so I feel like I kind of know what's going on. I mean, so we walking in, everybody talking to us, and then like all of a sudden, everything just get quiet, like it got kind.
Speaker 2: Of weirdly quiet. I'm like, what the fuck is going on? Like why everybody just it just got quiet, like.
Speaker 1: A whole loom came over the room. Cube and then walk in. So people know that I'm here and they see Cube walking in. Sell mind you, they don't know what happened in Indiana because I'm not that kind of nigga, Like I'm not no matter who I had a problem with, I don't really get on the internet and talk about it like I just because I'm gonna see you and we're gonna get to the problem, you know what I mean. I'm trying to fight anyway. I'm trying to do it anyway. So they don't know that we solve the problem already, Like whatever the problem could have been, it was already solved because I didn't go do interviews like yeah, everything is cool with me, and.
Speaker 2: Q Q followed me. Kill would be watching this. He's on Twitter.
Speaker 1: He follows me on Twitter. We like we talk, so you know what I mean, like nobody knows. We already had settled whatever differences that people thought it could have been. But because I didn't go say nothing, he didn't say nothing. So he comes in. But everybody know that there was supposed to be a problem, right, So I'm like, why is it? And then it hit me like, oh, they think is a problem with me and Cuz and we in LA. So I'm like, man, I'm not even getting into it. I'm just doing my radio run. So it is you could tell like it's to people, it's attention. They're acting like there's a tension in the room. In my mind, I'm just trying to get this shit done to leave. I'm really embarrassed. I don't even want to face these niggas because I really feel cause it's like, Bro, I really never dish you. I don't have no songs dishing you. I'm really a fan.
Speaker 2: This is stupid.
Speaker 1: This ain't gonna work out, Like, how do I even write a disrecord against you? I don't even know you, nigga, nor do I have a problem with you. Nor if I write a disc record, it's gonna sound like you rapping Cuz. Like the fuck this stupid. It's like a son fighting his father. It's just dumb at a certain place, like you taught me all the moves. I'm gonna hit you back with your moves.
Speaker 2: It's stupid.
Speaker 1: So nigga, we get to that point, right all right, Keyboy, come up now, mind you it was some shit at a time, because key I remember keybo talked to one of my older homies, my older Army Boo, and it was finna be some shit then. But again it was never could really be no shit because it wasn't no shit. Like I'm not finna entertain dissing cbe ice Cube in the back battle, like this is fucking ice Cube.
Speaker 2: It's just stupid. So Keyboard walk up. He's like, glass, man, I gotta get you a cube.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Q's in.
Speaker 1: I gotta got your niggas need to talk yo. I'm like, yeah, I know, I know. Man, let's do another time, Like now, let's do it here we together right now. I'm like, and I don't want to do it in front of all these people because I really don't have nothing to say. He like, man, come on, bada, so he walk off. I tell a point. I say, man, we're gonna sneak out on them niggas. Man, I'm not finna do this because.
Speaker 4: Twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to go seem again cause it's like, bro, because now it's dumb. You know what I'm saying, Because it's stupid. It's like, bro, like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? Like what the fuck? Uh?
Speaker 1: Keybo, come back, give us some T shirts? And everybody's watching, crip yang everybody watching. So I'm like, man, I'm not finna do this. Paul, like, man, why don't you talk to me? I said, Man, I talk to that nigga another time when it ain't a bunch of people around, because it's really stupid.
Speaker 2: Keybo, come back, give us some shirts. Keep it.
Speaker 4: He gave you ice cube shirts.
Speaker 1: So Keybo is a g is a triple og for one eleven. Keybo is Pinky's drivering Friday. Okay, like but he like a triple og nigga for one eleven.
Speaker 3: He like a real respect, like one of the guys in the van on Friday and and and the alley because it was dob see you jumped out and spray.
Speaker 2: To get not the first Friday he's in there.
Speaker 4: I know what you mean, but I was like, oh no, no, I wasn't jumped out of the van.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was dub and original Friday.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he's be one of the people in the van too.
Speaker 1: No, so Keyboards Pinky's driver, when Pinky be like, you made me spill yat on his suit. So but Keyboards like this super fly ass nigga build dope cars. Cuz just like this super triple o G nigga for one left like I have respect for Cuffore.
Speaker 2: I even met him.
Speaker 1: His name always missed some solid nigga. So he's trying to give me to talk to this nigga, and I'm like, man, I don't want to talk more because I'm embarrassed, like I don't like, I really feel stupid, and I'm really mad because I felt like niggas didn't educate me on what's happening. So fast forward, I'm trying to get out the door. I didn't did all my radio shit. I just stopped at all these booth It's time for me to get up out of here, so I'm trying to slide out. I see keybo working Q through the roles to catch me at the door. So I'm trying to wait till he ain't looking. Cuz, look away, cousin, I start making my way to the door me and pun.
Speaker 2: Them niggas.
Speaker 4: Catch us at the.
Speaker 1: Door, he said, y'all to get y'all together the whole radio room. Cuz is looking at us, the whole radio cause it's two hundred people. Cuz looking at us. It's two hundred people. Couse just staring at us. And I'm like, look, big dog, I don't really know. He was like, yeah, I just felt like, you know, maybe Mac told you. I said, look, I don't god know songs this in you, big dog, like this stupid, Like I grew up listening to your music. You influenced my style. Like I don't even know you. How could I make a record thisition you?
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 2: Our movement was because we felt like we was by ourselves. That's it. We made our movement.
Speaker 1: I said, y'all get it with some people that was anti y'all that came about, I said, But that wasn't the foundation of the movement.
Speaker 2: The movement was just us embracing.
Speaker 1: Each other like yeah, gee, like you know, it don't got to be I'm like, it ain't like that, Like I can't or like I could never be with you, bro, like you created my style. You know what I'm saying, This is stupid, and and you know we shook hands whatever adapter was like all right, we'll get up for sure, and then I got on right, But like I didn't like all that stupid ass attention because I really didn't have no problem with cuz right. So I say all that to say such, it's like there's an arrogance when you young and you come in this business. You come in this business thinking you know what to do. You come in this business thinking you have everything it takes to make it happen.
Speaker 2: Lord knows, you get a record deal that's worth millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: Is there another component of that where and you kind of see it some of us to do with age. Something has to do with a lot of various stuff as well. But you see, like young dudes and like really street guys that are rappers, they might come in and be like they still got fixed street residue on them.
Speaker 4: And some of these older people been.
Speaker 3: You know, wealthy and successful for too fucking long or whatever. So the attitude is a perspective or change. So and on top of being young, and exuber and or whatever. You also think you hard as fucking in the room. I'm not saying you personally specifically, but like you know, you see young guys who just get on and they still doing crazy stuff for whatever the hell.
Speaker 2: They got a lot of bravado, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of attitude and that kind of thing, and it really becomes a little blurrier as to you know what exactly their agenda is.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean again it is the same arrogance where you feel like you hellas street. But I can't find I can't believe I'm doing this because but like defending them, but I don't think they quite know that they need to teach you something. And I don't think just because they successful means that they are naturally teachers.
Speaker 2: True, just because MC eight is hell is successful, it doesn't make him a teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, especially in something like this. I mean, like.
Speaker 3: It's the arts, like it's all just to say quad, most of it is you either got it or you don't. You can't teach it. You got it or you don't. You know, there's a lot of there's a lot of business to it, but.
Speaker 1: Like no, no, no, there is a lot to teach but you got it like being a teacher, like people get taught how to teach. Sure, just because you did something, don't mean you could teach people how to do it, Like like that's why some of the best professional athletes make some of the worst coaches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's kind of where I was going, Like do you think that there? And it's again it's it can't be either or you know, there's a lot of spectrum to it.
Speaker 4: But in a rap you could be.
Speaker 3: A type of artist and you're an extremely talented artist and other people because you're such a like well of just money, like you know, like the little fish to hang out by the sharks or whatever the hell were you just get such an apparatus around you that does all the business and all the whatever shit that some people just have a pave just just go be RCU and make the records and do that.
Speaker 4: Whatever the hell. We're gonna make our fifty million dollars off of you.
Speaker 3: We don't care. We'll do everything. And they don't have to learn that much. They just have to do their thing or is that not quite so much?
Speaker 1: Yes and no, Like all of these things are true, but you know what the problem with the New West was and even the driving force of the attitude. And I could tell you in twenty twenty four as I got older, is we didn't know the right questions to ask. Sure, like I'm naturally a teacher, like I've been teaching my whole life, But that don't mean MC eight just because he's successful as a teacher. But there are things to know, Like there are things to know, bro, Like, yes, there's a natural element to this business. And you know, people say a million things. It ain't only one way to skin a cat. Yes, there is only one way to skin a cat. Got to take a skin on. So you might can use different types of nods and shit, but there's only one way to skin a cat.
Speaker 2: I mean it really is.
Speaker 1: So you're saying the younger dudes don't want to embrace the wisdom from the older generation. No, it's not they don't want to They don't know that there's something to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's to me, Like you said, you don't know the right questions to ask, Like in football terms, once you have the right questions, you're in the red zone.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 4: The more you know you don't know like that I'm at.
Speaker 1: Now where I'm at now, like the success that I'm about to experience next year is because I got the wisdom. So now the questions are different because they're I actually took time to know something.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Hip hop has never just been a young man's sport. That's just this really weird expression that people have some reason carried. The culture of it is driven by youth. But then the business of the record business. Sylvia Robinson when she was making records for you know, a twenty two year old Mellie Mail or twenty one year old or twenty two year old or twenty year old or nineteen year old.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 1: What's the name of that group the original record, Yeah, sugar Hill. They were twenty in nineteen and twenty one, but Sylvia Robinson was forty. She produced you know the sugar Hill record. She produced the Message. You know, Larry Smith is smart and older. Doctor Dre doesn't produce Snoop Dogg until he's thirty. So it's always been a combination of the knowledge of music, rappers, the light you're looking our name brand rappers delight right, There's always been a combination of you know, experience with youth, the energy of youth, the.
Speaker 3: The the.
Speaker 1: Knowledge and experience of the wise with the cultural you know, reverence and and and and and energy of the youth. That's always been the success of hip hop as the record business. So I don't think it's young people don't want to embrace the wisdom of the older generation.
Speaker 2: I don't think they know they need it. You don't know you need it.
Speaker 1: You don't know that hip hop or the record business side of hip hop, there's something to know.
Speaker 2: You don't know that. You just feel like I'm dope.
Speaker 1: I got something to say cuz and I'm for real, and that's enough. You don't think about that. There is a business you know what I mean in Santa Monica called Interscope that got six floors of people that make the chronic and Doggie style sell the way they sell.
Speaker 2: You don't think of it like that.
Speaker 1: You like, okay, you don't think of records. So it's like, you don't know there's something to know. So to his point, he was like, well, it's almost like he was saying that he felt the older generation needed to embrace the youth more. And it's like, no, it's two people that got to know that together they can make history. It's two people it's an elder and a young person that got to know together they can change the course of what's happening. That's what it's always been. You don't get the greatest hip hop artists of all time, Snoop Dogg. If Dre is not thirty years old at this point, the things he knows about music, the things he knows about records, the experience combined with the cultural renaissance and the energy of a prime Snoop Dogg, you don't get it.
Speaker 2: It don't work. That's why it works. The way it works, that's why it works.
Speaker 1: So it's two people that got to understand that each person possesses a value. They gotta know that. So that's what I was saying to him. It's like, you both have to know that you have a value for each other. If when I was young, I would have loved to work with I did work with Battlecat.
Speaker 2: It became one of my most important songs. DJ Toomp, who.
Speaker 1: At that time probably was thirty five, thirty six years old, maybe even closer to forty.
Speaker 2: DJ Tump gave me my first hit record.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean in two thousand and seven and eight, You know what I'm saying like I became instrumental in helping my team understand how to make it with that good again. It's a combination of knowledge, right, you know, history and knowledge and cultural renaissance. It's both, like I'm helping Homie White Dog. Like there is an arrogance when you young and you feel like you know it, then there is also you gotta be smart and realize some already.
Speaker 2: Experienced it and it ain't easy. It ain't easy, you know what I mean. You got to you gotta peel.
Speaker 1: I tell another thing I realized too in the streets, gang bang and hustling, ego and pride are your most prized possessions. Say how you earn they how you avoid problems. Everything about what people think about you, the reputation that you carry is everything. I could tell you one thing if you're a young artist in a business, that is the one thing you don't need.
Speaker 4: And I think also, like in the street environment, if you're.
Speaker 3: Getting knowledge from older people with a lot of experience, it's probably more pitfall oriented knowledge than rather like a lot of guys you could point too easily that did it really big at that level, didn't have a problem, made it out clean and are like you know, on the golf in Palm Spring smoking a cigar, like, let me tell you how to do this. It's probably not quite so much that as it is like, look, it's all good until you make this mistake. Don't make this mistake. And at that point, you know, sometimes you look at people who failed. There's always that Tennessee. Like you hear like with kids at parcies, don't drink and do drugs, Well, you're drinking dud drugs when you were in high school. It doesn't mean it was a good idea.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean even in the streets some people like Jenius like my big Hommy Pluck Boo man, them niggas is jeniuses, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it ain't about losing as much as they've tried so many different ways.
Speaker 1: Sure, but again, like I say, the pride and ego part of the business. You know what I'm saying that you need in the streets, you don't need that in hip hop. You gotta lead that there because that's the biggest thing such is that The issue is is you have to understand that you don't need that in the business. You actually really need to get with all of these people and learn what they know. I ask to catch because they all know some shit. Here's today like even Snoop and dradon them now to deal with them, To go deal with them now was like the same thing, Like I'm always still a student. I'm still gonna be able to pass the information to young homies whoever that want to rap. You know what I'm saying and all of the above. Shout out to real studies again. No Sellers Live the lunch hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon Pacific Standard time. Click the thumbs up. But let everybody know you here. If you're on Twitter, retweet this. Let everybody know hop on I I mean we're cooking, going to work. Look at the description. Click the link to the No Sellers podcast, Apple Podcasts, anywhere you get your podcasts. Executive produced by charlamagnea God, Black Effects Network.
Speaker 2: I heart real settings.
Speaker 1: I was speaking more towards the formula needs to change, not necessarily the younger generation not listening to the older generation. I don't think it's the younger generation not listening to the older generation. I don't think people realize su there's something to know.
Speaker 4: There's not really a dialogue at all.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not something to know. The problem is they don't realize it's something to know. Most people come into this business thinking it's art, so it's like whatever works. They forget that the record business is not a business of art. It's a business of records, and records get real scientific. So that's the point that's not talked about the science of a record. Everybody naturally can paint, and yeah, you can improve on being a dope painter, you know what I mean, you can learn some stuff, but art is art. But the science of records is where all of those guys understand.
Speaker 3: And here's a great example. This is a great carryover from what we were talking about two days ago. This is the difference between Jake Paul is a boxer and every other boxer who's a ten times better boxer. He's manipulating the business side of the sport better than all the other boxers who are doing better at the boxing side of the sport.
Speaker 1: He definitely is another part of the business, and it's a business. So the record part of the business.
Speaker 2: Is just.
Speaker 4: This record selling records.
Speaker 2: It's science and records. You know what I'm saying. It's science in boxing. It's science, and.
Speaker 1: There's a natural element where RJ could come in, right, I remember him coming in and he could be a cultural renaissance on his own with his style.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But then there is a science about records. There's a science about this business. And if you don't quite know it, you know what I mean, you will never maximize potential. You will never maximize possibility. Joe moses different people to me that are like cultural renaissance on their own. Like them dudes are like culturally incredible. Nothing is more hip hopp than some of them dudes. But you gotta do the record side of the business.
Speaker 2: Shout out to.
Speaker 1: Unknown raider God. That is where Jake Paul messed up. He said his dream is to become a champion. That will never happen with the route he's taking. That's because that's not his goal to be a champion. His goal is being achieved. Every time he goes to the bank account, he's selling you the marketing of him wanting to be a champion to.
Speaker 2: Keep driving your hate.
Speaker 1: He knows the route to become a boxing world champion, he knows it is obvious, but again he's marketing to you that to drive your hate for him. To make you watch him. Everything Jake Paul sells is the same thing Floyd Mayweather, So you just want to see him lose. So he keeps putting himself in the ring with the least the lesser gamble of beating him that you think could beat him. That's what he's selling you. He's selling you who you think could beat him, and he's getting in the ring with them, and he's making educated guesses on it every time. So the confusion is that you really believe that he thinks his goal is to be a champion.
Speaker 2: That's just to market.
Speaker 1: It's like when it's like when a rapper markets independent even though they signed to a record label.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean that's like, you know, there's also an element to it. I don't know what it is. We live in an era that has just got a hard on for a nostalgia like I've never seen. Yeah, it's ridiculous. But the people that Joe viewer gets more personal gratification out of seeing, hypothetically Mike Tyson, with whom they have an emotional connection, knock out Jake Paul than if we put in coyote Dude.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the other day that.
Speaker 3: No one knows by and large, he's not like way into boxing, just roll up and just lay his ass out.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like people don't get the same gratification out of that, so they're willing to pay more to see that opportunity if it were.
Speaker 1: It's not nostalgia, like it's who do people know and think could knock you out because they have to know you sure sure so, Like his goal is to make the educated guess. And just like when it comes to West Coast hip hop, I do think impact matters, but I think how you get back to that, it's nothing to get back to. Like if there was a problem with West Coast hip hop is our culture is revered all around the world. Our culture is studied. Everybody knows who we are. We're not presenting anything new culturally, you know what I'm saying. We're not presenting anything new culturally. There's nothing new culturally happening as a movement on the West Coast that's worth talking about. Like, everybody knows who we are. They everybody you know. Most people can name a crip that they know. Most people can name a blood, most people can name popular people from this culture. There's films there have been films about West Coast street urban culture now for almost forty years. Colors is loosely on it, like that's how long Hollywood has been showcasing our lives and the way we.
Speaker 2: Live on the West. So it's just it's just stale. That's it.
Speaker 1: It's just stale. It's nothing wrong. It's not about music. Like this is the thing about hip hop. Hip hop is not music first. Hip hop is culture first then music. And and this is why the arguments happen all the time on social media because people didn't do their studies. Everybody black streak. They feel entitled to hip hop, but they don't quite understand what's going on or the business itself of it. They just feel like it's something innately, like most people think black people can play basketball.
Speaker 2: Most you niggas can't play basketball. But again that's.
Speaker 4: What people of us.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying probably not even still.
Speaker 1: But again it's like these are the things that we feel like in native we understand that we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't take the time to understand them. So hip hop is coaching first, music second. And that's the trick.
Speaker 1: Everybody is spoiled with West Coast Street urban culture everybody spoiled. It's they so spoiled, bro, that now there's gangs, crips and blood gangs in everybody's town. Yeah, like crips and bloods, gangs in everybody's town. There's like, every town got cripson bloods. There are kids who grew up in this world, teenagers, maybe even twenty, that didn't know gang bangs.
Speaker 2: Started on the West Coast.
Speaker 1: There are people who grow up in this world that didn't know, you know, hip hop started in New York. That's how spoiled people are with West Coast culture. Most people don't realize Kentucky Fried Chicken is an Americanized version of soul food, a mainstream pop version of soul food. They don't know that. They just think that's soul food. Most people think Taco bell is Mexican food. People don't know, man, And you gotta understand why they wouldn't know, because they just don't know, straight up, bro, they don't fucking know, and they don't got time to know it. Why the fuck should they know? You can't even get mad that people don't know or don't care. Why should they?
Speaker 2: What the fuck do it got to do with they life.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, you go through the night club and it saw drops, people start dancing, cares you know about the backstory at that point, they haven't drink and danced some good time whatever the genre music is, or the nightclub for that matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like, it's like the West Coast has been producing legendary hip hop acts since eighty five, since Iced Tea, since Too Short.
Speaker 2: That's eighty three.
Speaker 1: That's eighty four and eighty five, right, like shit, The last one is probably Kendrick or Tyler Tyler. Kendrick is twenty eleven, good Kid Messity. I think it's eleven or twelve. Tyler is probably thirteen fourteen, his first debut album come out, like the Oshit Cat is probably sixteen seventeen. I mean, goddamn, you can't have the ball all the time, bro, You cannot have the ball all the time. Bro, Everybody know us. Everybody know us. We are not the ball of the ball anymore. Culturally, West Coast Street urban culture is not the bell of the ball anymore.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: We're trying to learn about other shit that we don't know about. People don't care to keep learning. They don't their desires not to take a deep dive into who the founder of crips was. That's not their job. They from another town. They got to figure out they own shit.
Speaker 2: Culturally.
Speaker 1: Most people don't even shit. You could ask most people right now. Ask some of your homeboys. Shout out to everybody in the chat. No Saler's live the lunch hour Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon specific standard time. Click that thumbs up. But ask some of your homies that game bang. If you game, ask some homes that game bang. Nine percent of them niggas don't know who started their neighborhood. Don't know the niggas who started their game, let alone to know who started all this other shit.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody got time for that. They don't.
Speaker 1: They're not looking for depth. That was the mistake I made with two pot months Die. I thought people were looking for depth into culture.
Speaker 2: They not.
Speaker 1: Most people not looking for the best soul food restaurant. They looking for the cheapest, most convenient soulful That's why they go to Kentucky Fried Chicken or.
Speaker 3: In other cases, they're looking for the restaurant that's got the most cache to take the selfiet.
Speaker 4: People don't come.
Speaker 3: Here and go to Elouise and Ernestine's in Miami. They come here and go to the licking and take a picture because they're so original for going to the I don't know what the fuck they want to go DJ Colors for, but they sure should do.
Speaker 2: Shout out the name brand. That's why Drake works exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he covers the surface of all culture which is mainstream and.
Speaker 3: He got in with baby and then at the right time they knew the shit because they were forty five.
Speaker 2: Years old, exactly. It's a great point.
Speaker 1: Fucking tune was probably thirty four or something at the time. Yeah, so they don't they're not digging deep into the cultures, you know what I mean. Uh.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Unknown.
Speaker 1: Raider Guy, Hey Glasses, speaking of Tupac months died, Did you really film the video at MGM? I did everything through the location, Unknown Raider Guy. I went and shot it inside the MGM. I went shot it right out side of it. I shot it all true the location, everything through the location. I went to the Lakewood Mall for the flashback. That's the actual mall. So again, that's one of them things that I understood as an artist that I am great at. But I also understood cultureally. Why people I just learned, why people don't appreciate it. They're not into it that deep. That's why people got so mad about Tupac must die. In their mind, they didn't hear the nuance that I'm speaking of. They just heard glasses think it's okay that this nigga killed Tupac.
Speaker 2: That's all they heard.
Speaker 1: That's highlighted and condensed, condensed and heightened. That's what they think it means.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So that's the thing hip hop is.
Speaker 1: You know again, it's for people to make sense out of their own life, not about your life. It's so they can make sense out of their own life. How do they use this for their own life? And most people ain't gonna run into gang bangers, and you know, and they friends ain't finna jump a game banger that storied me's nothing to them, you know what I'm saying. They don't have no meaning to them at all. But honestly, I think the only thing that's wrong with West Coast hip hop is the whole world is spoiled by our culture already, our forefathers of this hip hop thing. This is such a fantastic job that there is really nothing to expose, so you really just plan the game where culturely you don't have anything much offer to you don't have much things to offer.
Speaker 3: That's new, and I think that's also like what we talked about when we go to Atlanta, Like there is.
Speaker 4: A certain.
Speaker 3: Aspect to just LA's culture when you're there that is going to and you can define it any way you want to, all say, like it's going to remain true to itself and there's going to be a certain the appropriate word is, but it it doesn't just morphed and evolve into anything at any time. It stays largely centered around its base and opposed to like by comparison Atlanta that will morph and change into really anything.
Speaker 2: You know, al we say, but that's not even true, that's overstated. Right.
Speaker 1: Let me get to this shout out to Beezy. Yeah, from a far surface level, it looked like he was happy about pog dying when that song came out. And that's my point, because it takes a different type of human to understand nuance of something else outside of them.
Speaker 2: That's not a standard thing.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to realize again it goes back to that book that I've been raving about on this podcast, The Anatomy of a Story by John Truby, where he talks about that that's what they feel like. Shout out to Madon Kemmick's my first time seeing you. How you just poked then't wonder why the West Coast is dead? You get it like it's not his fault. It's not his fault that he couldn't like it's not so fought, Madonna. You couldn't dissect the nuance of me explaining street urban culture from the West and how we make sense out of the way we live, versus you just thinking out this pop. I couldn't even be upset at that, you know what I'm saying. It don't make like I get it now, like I get where I went wrong. I went wrong because I tried to give you something that you could never understand.
Speaker 2: Or ask for. It's way past your you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Like you got too much shit in your own life to be worried about me giving you nuances of what going on, what's going on in our lives. You just want the heightened and condensed version of how we live to make sense for your own mind. But it's weird, like and I don't mean this as an insult, Bro, it's weird that you know what I mean, people think somebody like me, who if you hear any of my music, I have all Tupac, DNA and my music, and I talk about him with a different reverence that people would even think.
Speaker 2: I would this pop.
Speaker 1: But it's not just you corrupt thought I this pop like that. Nigga was cussing me out when he first heard the song. I was like, Bro, why the fuck would you think I was this Tupac? Doctor Dre sat me down at the studio, was cussing me out because he thought I this Tupac. And I'm like, cause you've been knowing me since I was a kid like that, Nigga knew me not a kid. I was twenty two when I met Doctor Drake. Nigga, why would you think I would this Tupac? How did how did you look at that and think knowing me? You didn't talk to me all these times and think to yourself glasses with insult Tupac. That's just crazy.
Speaker 3: You're the one who didn't put the parentheses on that. If you put Tupac was die. The baby lame story no.
Speaker 2: One had a question, That's what it says.
Speaker 4: It says that, yes where on a YouTube, straight up.
Speaker 3: In the video or on the on the video, on the title, it says that.
Speaker 4: I'll pull this up right now.
Speaker 1: On the title it says that, no, lie, it says that it's not none of that. I'm telling you, fucking John Truby is a genius, bro. John Truby is a genius. And I finally got it. It was like, Oh, they not even hearing all of this shit. They just not even hearing all this shit. They not even reading it. They just again, people got their own lives to live. They got their own lives to live, Bro, They don't got time for nuance. You know what I'm saying. That just ain't the thing. Shut out to the homie Revenge name. The classic album since two thousand and five from West Coast hip hop is just counting on one hand. Musically, the South guy, the West Coast artists don't make classics. Just k dot, you don't need new listen. The problem is first, that's just not true. Atlanta is going through the same thing. California is going through. Georgia is going through it. They haven't broken a new act in probably five or six years, because we're spoiled by Georgia culture. We know everything about their streets culturally, we know what they're into, we know how they hustle, we know everything about what they got going on, you know what I'm saying. So that's normal for any New York is going through the same thing anywhere where hip hop has been predominantly and just it's been so much West Coast, whether it's the Bay Area or southern southern California culturally that you don't need new stuff from us anymore. You just don't, and you don't care about revisiting the stuff we already showed you.
Speaker 2: At this point. You spoiled by it.
Speaker 1: You've had access to it a million times. So it's not about do they make classic albums? Can culturally it create a new space? Like do you really think it's just music and it's more than music?
Speaker 4: I think that's really true to a large degree.
Speaker 3: Like I don't get the sense that the genre in general is illuminating cities and the way it used to. I could be tripping, but it's like I can't think of a city that, Like you said the same thing about Miami. You can say the same thing about New Orleans. They had windows that were putting out a bunch of stuff. They were shining a line on This is how it really goes on here, you know what I mean? It's different here than there. You can kind of see it, and it's really interesting. I don't see it, like, I don't really see it unless it's just like to me and like, there's a lot of people coming out of Memphis, but I don't necessarily think that there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of Memphis coming out of them, if that makes me sense.
Speaker 2: But that's my point.
Speaker 1: That's also why if you look like Memphis, like you gotta look at Southern California as a cultural movement and you're talking about ice tea, Easy Nwa, Doctor Dre, Snoop Dogg, Like, like, think about how many legendary acts were in the first seven or in the first ten years. Sure, like huge legendary acts. Shout out to groups like A Ball and MJG. Right, them guys who who really laid the foundation down for Memphis. But you know they don't have the same stardom as an ice Cube or a Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: We got guys that have the.
Speaker 1: Same stardom Ice Tea is probably as big of a star as Cute Like.
Speaker 2: He's probably as.
Speaker 1: Famous to maybe not quite, but he's on the same level as Ice and Ice Cube Dog is fucking Iced Tea. He is famous, probably as Ice Tupop is probably as fair. The first ten years of West Coast hip hop too short, Like this is crazy, Like we got ten people in the first two years. Ten years, Memphis don't even have one person as famous as Ice Tea.
Speaker 2: Memphis hip hop, that's the first guy, the.
Speaker 1: First Lord knows a Snoop Dogg or Ice Cube Memphis hip hop.
Speaker 2: For as great culturally as it is, they.
Speaker 1: Don't have one star as famous and as popular as Ice Tea.
Speaker 4: Sure do I get that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, you know, I listened to like say like a Pat or Gotti or something like that. There was more Memphis in that music than now. It's just music that's coming out of Memphis. But there's not a lot of Memphis that's coming out of the music. And I feel like that's true.
Speaker 2: In a lot of parts of it.
Speaker 1: I think Memphis right with Glow. I think the culture of how she enunciates words. But but that's my point too. Revenge I agree, we know the West Coast for classic albums, but not recently. That's my that's that's not the point. Like culturally, what's happening is going to be important, Like right, how new something is culturally to you?
Speaker 2: Like a Chief Key first album?
Speaker 1: Right, finally famous, Like that's the beginning of the coach and then people learning.
Speaker 2: Culture, Like we pick up culture so fast.
Speaker 1: Now, like man, like it took years for certain things to be popular when I was growing up, Like the way we acted, the way we talk away New York talk, it took years for it to get become popular and become mainstream. When the Chicago dudes starts saying, right, they start saying putting ops in packs they smoking on like the pack of an enemy. Right, They saying this person represents weed, and now that they passed away, I'm smoking this person's ashes.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the thought.
Speaker 1: They were saying that on ESPN in twenty sixteen. I first heard it in twenty fourteen. They were saying it in twenty sixteen. I've heard culture go so fast from ground level to the news in two months. Sure you get what I'm saying. So again, there's nothing wrong with hip hop on the West Coast. It's just it's our culture is mainstream to some degree. Now everybody has a version of our culture in their town.
Speaker 2: The things that we celebrate that.
Speaker 1: Made it, that made us us, everybody has those things now. Everybody has those things now, Bro, everybody has those things.
Speaker 2: Now. We can't even be proud of crips and bloods.
Speaker 1: Bro, everybody got cripson bloods every town. There is no longer any social currency saying you're a crip in the blood.
Speaker 2: Everybody has those.
Speaker 1: Everybody has those just where it's at culturally, our forefathers did the.
Speaker 2: Best job our man.
Speaker 1: Like I said, Memphis culture is just as dense and coarse as Los Angeles like.
Speaker 2: They do things a Memphis way.
Speaker 1: They dance a certain way, they music a certain way, they talk a certain way, they acts in a certain way, they dress a certain way. Everything about them is identified. You can see their cars, you can see all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And again, Ice Tea is still more famous than everybody from their Culturely, that's the first guy from Los Angeles street urban culture. So again, it's one of those things where it's nothing wrong. Goddamn, they already did it. They already did it. It's a conversation to culture and everybody got our version of their culture in their town. So just being a crip has no social currency no more. That's like right now, if you come out saying you make drill music, it just probably won't hit the same because every England got a drill music. They don't even got guns, and they have a drill music in England.
Speaker 4: They call it using drills.
Speaker 2: They mean they are working on houses.
Speaker 3: Glasses to get where's the money?
Speaker 1: But think about this, right, It's like like UK has drill music and they don't have guns. New York is probably the worst town, the worst state in the United States and the whole Union that are the hardest on guns, and it's the least amount of guns probably.
Speaker 2: And they got drill music. You feel me.
Speaker 1: So it's one of those things. It's like, you know, the cultural peal is not there. Shout out to real settists who started this conversation, and I appreciate you being here. No sentners live to lunch hour. We're still cooking. Got a little bit more time longst p ain't chipping, I ain't chipping. Wait a manu ain't nobody bought us lunch.
Speaker 2: Neither.
Speaker 1: Don't make me get on here and be begging for y'all for no damn super CHATSI we talking to y'all could buy us lunch. I know you're sitting on your desk and click that little cash box under the comments buy us some lunch.
Speaker 2: Don't be like that.
Speaker 1: This wasn't a convo about numbers, only LA culture impact from West Coast rap on hip hop.
Speaker 2: Well that's the point, right. It's like.
Speaker 1: Hip hop is culture, so our culture, our street urban culture.
Speaker 2: Is over discovered, it's over revealed. So that's driving why the music is.
Speaker 1: We don't have the excitement of who we are, Like a lot of excitement goes into marketing new right. Outside of that, you have to figure out something else. So it's up to all West Coast artists too to You have to figure out how to make it exciting. You gotta be on YouTube to do it. Set this, I'm sorry, you can't do it from Twitter, big dog. We don't got no ain't no thing on Twitter. But on the YouTube link, yeah, you could do it. Cav Yeah, but yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Drill music.
Speaker 1: But that's the same thing. Like they had to run, you would have to go to the YouTube. So it wouldn't matter what j I phone. You got to do it from Cherry on bo LUNs bos lunch.
Speaker 2: Scherry be like that like that, they don't be like that Sharry's lunch.
Speaker 1: Uh, shout out to name brand. So real artists have no reason to be deep if no one is mining for it. I mean deep, it is different, right, Deep don't have to be the way we perceive it. Right, it's nuanced, it's nuanced. It's nuanced, you know what I'm saying. Nuance is not necessarily what people really are looking for. No, people really want their their stories heightened and condensed. And you can't be upset at them, bro, Like you can't be upset at them. Shout out to Sherry. She brought us some lunch. Ten donas, Thank you, Sherry, Thank y'all. That's two burgers, my dog, Pete and Florida. So, I don't know how you ain't got up with him Peter in Florida. I don't know how you ain't got share that lady who moved to Florida. Yeah, you pulled her up, and that's what's wrong. Like I'm with you said this. I don't think anything is wrong with West Coast hip hop. That's the point. I think I think everybody would do better. I think younger artists would do better to have the wisdom and the knowledge and experience and the science that the legends obviously like. How could you not be better off if you listen to ice Cube or Gotta answer out ice Cube about something you wanted to know or Snoop Dogg or Ice Team or exhibit. I mean, these motherfuckers is millionaires and they've been doing this at this high level that they're platinum acts.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, film stars to some degree.
Speaker 1: All of these guys I named are film stars. And I think I think the legends could use especially because they're still releasing music. I think they could use the cultural renaissance and the and the modern interpretation and energy of a young person. I think everybody could benefit from it, you know what I'm saying. I think everybody could benefit from it. I think everybody could benefit from it, but they have to make a choice. I'm with you said this, I go find my young homies.
Speaker 2: I go find the young homies, and I go work with them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Joey and Deuce and the younger homies White Dog, and then my young homie out of pass it. Then I go find the young ones and I'm gonna go see Dre and I'm gonna go see Warren, and I'm gonna ask Warren how do I do this? I told them all to do the same thing. I think it's a value in all of them. But if they if they don't realize they need each other and not even need Because a young artist Joe Moses is fine, yg is fine, you know what I'm saying, even younger, Let's let's go to Solk City a three to one. Oh baby, he's fine. Zoel Sama is fine. Zoel Sama don't have to talk to me, you know what I'm saying. But could he benefit from talking to Glasses?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because could he benefit from talking to Snoop Yes? Could he benefit from talking to Bactin Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But it's up to you to make that decision. Shout out to Sherry. Sherry said, oh no, I ain't gonna just leave y'all with no burger. Got us some fries too.
Speaker 2: That's my dog. That's why I let Sherry cuts me out on Live bro.
Speaker 4: Damn right, And you keep it up. Don't give him up. You don't take off nobody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Triven Sherry cuts me out.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Squishy, our number one supporter in our original She send me a bunch of screenshots where she had tweeted us and I never saw it.
Speaker 4: Squisher could cuss us out any day of the week.
Speaker 2: Fucking right.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna barbecue for Squish when we do the No Sillers Barbecue next year. Because we're gonna do a No Sellis barbecue, y'all gonna have to fly in town.
Speaker 2: Yep, come up, flying town.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a No Siller's Barbecue, and uh, we're gonna make sure we hook it. I got you, Squiz. We're gonna do some good stuff. Shout out to real settings. I just want to keep the Golden Age window open. I'm with you, set it and I just think it's hard because we're fighting like a monumental job. That snoop ice ta ice q eazy e n w A m C A coolio. They did a monumental job. Not to mention, we had Hollywood, you know what I mean. We had John Singleton, We had you know, people like the dude who made Colors.
Speaker 2: Who directed? Is that Sean directed that? Somebody directed that?
Speaker 1: Like we've had like the the the Hughes Brothers, they culturally have revealed West Coast Street urban lifestyle to another level. So it's like we are fighting, you know what I mean, Like really great jobs by like by entertainment giants, like Snoop is the greatest hip hop artist ever, Like it's great, Like he's done a fantastic job. Because doctor Dre like DJ Quick, fantastic job. So you know, shit, you gotta you gotta be creative. Shout out to the Tomie Fast Yes, Sherry from Compton, that is Sharry from Compton. Uh real, sudden see you know of these guys we don't bro you got it. You just got to do your homework. Shout out to Nick Man. I appreciate the five dollars. That's good lunches today. Salute g and the West East shot that part right there, player that part right there. I had to tell a Homi Sutus because Sutus was like, yeah, I'm from He was like, respectfully, I'm from Compton, you know, I mean I'm from Willerdbrook and Greenley. If I'm like yeah, nigga, I'm from Oleander and Carwell Nigga.
Speaker 2: I went to Kennedy and Walton.
Speaker 1: People know I'm from Watts, but they don't realize I grew up in Compton the same. So I know I remember having Toddy t in Spain and Nwa and not really tripping off or not really tripping off of them being from Compton until quick. So you know we spoiled too because we come up in a fray of it all. Shout out to Don Duff for the five dollars. Appreciate it. Don we cooking were getting the work. Shout out to b Bray. Snoop was a double aged getting diggler, getting diddled for the dollar, never standing in his own two feet, jumping from label to label. Protection Now that's gangster it he Bray, that's for it's a business. That's just don't be crazy like him signing record deals because he don't know how to run a record label. Is incredible. That's why he's the greatest hip hop act ever.
Speaker 4: James of hip hop. He's got ringsed.
Speaker 2: Like he's a champion.
Speaker 1: Bro, He's the greatest, Like you know what I mean, Like, Uh, somebody asked a question about death row let me find that question about death Row.
Speaker 2: That was a dope question. Where is it at?
Speaker 1: Somebody asked me, do I think death Row can recapture glory? And I'm like, I think Snoop is going the right direction. I think he's finding certain type of R and B acts and he's really he got some real talent too. He didn't just get popular people. He got people that had these unique sounds and you know, you look at a couple of actually got some of this stuff can happen. I mean like, like, yes, I think. And it's weird because that was Shig's visions. Three Pops like Sug was he wanted to do R and B because I think one of Shug's greatest influences. I never asked him. I'm ask him. We need to get him on here.
Speaker 4: But to the Francis Phone interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can probably get him on here. We get big Pops to do it.
Speaker 1: He ain't tripping, but I'm saying I think Snoop is fulfilling the last legacy that Shug.
Speaker 2: Wanted for an R and B.
Speaker 1: And that's why if you look at him, he's doing the legendary acts right. He gave you the east side of his album Dog food Snoop Dog album Trip Off This Death Row Aftermath Innerscope is released in Missionary.
Speaker 2: That's historical coup in itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's historical in itself. Much loved to Dangster. Shout out Sherry for the major support to the channels. Sherry support me in real life. That's the only reason I let her cuts me out and I never say nothing real set has called me crazy. But house parties played a big part in developing younger artists and cultivating a fan base. No one owns houses anymore. But great point, and said is no, he makes a great point. I'll be telling my homeboys this in the group chat. They didn't pissed me off, and I ain't been talking to him because they just stubborn as fuck. But like the West Coast hip hop scene had a foundation where the party right. So whether it was at a house or at a club right, that was the infrastructure on how we broke records, all our records.
Speaker 2: The core of our sound is rooted in funk. The core.
Speaker 1: Obviously you got eight who got some different stuff. You got warned who she could be a little jazzy, but it's still funky. But for the most part, the core of our you know, sound is funk.
Speaker 2: So the party was everything.
Speaker 1: Our party scene kind of died because we adopted.
Speaker 2: Now this is my personal thing. As matter of fact.
Speaker 1: We can hold this for Friday, but I'll just visit it real fast. Why that the party died? Shout out to little bro Dot Kendrick. He dropped watched the party die. Now I think Friday we should talk about why the party is dying.
Speaker 4: I have I have an answer for that myself.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be great. So we're gonna hold it to next week.
Speaker 1: But I think the party dying is also hurting the West Coast because the core.
Speaker 2: Of our sound was rooted in funk. That was the foundation.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta be creative and remember, Kendrick sound is not rooted in funk. Tyler sound is not rooted in funk. Uh uh, what's the what's the cistern?
Speaker 2: She from?
Speaker 1: She from La too, She's from the valley. She got to paint the town doja cats. Sound is not rooted in funk. It's not rooted in funk. So where is the West hip hop without funk?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: And what's funk without the party? True? You know what I'm saying, what's funk without the party?
Speaker 1: Shout out to Revene what we say glasses hip hop needs a new Where's the new classic album? Where's the new Doctor Dre? Where's the new Snoop? Where is the new Top Dog?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Pg lang?
Speaker 1: Where's the West Coast at? Where's the West Coast at? Nipsey and DoD had it? But where the new twenty three year old with the classic?
Speaker 4: I mean that's for a lot of density and time.
Speaker 3: I mean there's not any place that's producing that degree of density.
Speaker 4: There's always a gap, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's the new culture that we should say? Let's let's pull it away from artists. Let's stop making it like Doctor Dre is the star Let's stop making it like Snoop Dogg is the star Let's not make it like top Dog is the star Let's not make it like Nipsey Hustle is the star or Kadok. Let's make the culture the star Let's make the stuff that TOOKI Raymond Terry Goudo, Peabody from Lanes, Let's make that the star the culture the star Let's make baby Gangster from Santana.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the old Gummy. Let's make.
Speaker 1: Hancho not not not Big brother Hancho, but Hancho from Great They are the stars, Turtle from Santana. That's who the stars were. The culture is the star, So the artists represent the culture. Pudding and tam Or was a star. Mob James and his Prime.
Speaker 2: Was a star.
Speaker 1: That lifestyle is the star. That's what everybody fell in love with. The artists don't do nothing but artistically express the culture. So where is the new culture?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That's you know, the Doctor DREDA chronic album is rooted around us standing up and fighting outside of gang banging and the way we lived our lives, but also us standing up against you know, the state of California for not convicting the police officers over Rodney King. That's what made the Chronic the chronic. The culture is the start. The culture is the leader of hip hop. So you don't get all of that stuff. You don't get the classic albums without a classic culture. You don't get a classic artist without classic culture. You gotta really figure out where is the culture at That's the trick. And I've been thinking real deep about this. I've been thinking real deep about this shout out to Fats. I love this podcast. I learned something new every episode. That's the gold.
Speaker 2: Fats like I I'm.
Speaker 1: Here to teach bro, I'm here to pass information. I'm here to tell you what doctor Dre told me. Because Doctor Dre may not tell you, Snoop may not tell you. I'm gonna tell you what they told me. You gonna get it from me. I'm gonna tell you when me and Kill sing that, I'm gonna tell you what he told me. I'm gonna give y'all the gang I tell y'all with Mac Tien tell me all the time. I'm gonna pass the wisdom to you because I know that I'm may not be the person to use it and you may be able to use it.
Speaker 3: I think one story that's not been told yet in hip hop, out of LA that has a lot of potential, like in its era, like I mean like a timeframe, you know what I mean, like LA and gang culture and a lot of the stuff that was going on had it's It was visually, optically, structurally, culturally so unique relative to any other place, you know, it was. It was more something that you could it had a brand, you know what I'm saying more than other places. One thing that La has that other cities don't have to that degree. In the era of female rappers, LA has the sleaziest, hustling, ass conniving who ass bitches like nobody else in this country. And one of them needs to make a goddamn them album.
Speaker 2: It needs to be a group of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like the second place city is probably the one I'm in now well, and and the Bay, the Bay, but the Bay is still La women or seven La and Miami really got it, but there needs to be La needs to do city girls in the way that it really doesn't. The thing about like I feel like Miami, it's so physically narrow geographically, you could be the most like hood rat ass chick and you like fucking a mile and a half, you know, you have nowhere to go, Like you go in any direction, you can only go you're alligators or you're you know, at fucking carbones getting a seven thousand dollars, you know, steak dinner or something like that.
Speaker 4: They immediately race there. They get there so fast. They're in La.
Speaker 3: It's so big, it's like you can stay like an insular street hustling woman much longer, you know, would have a bigger story.
Speaker 4: And the way that they do it.
Speaker 3: It's it's not like, oh, I just happened to get on the train with some ass cheeks hanging out and then like some rich lawyer threw me into his car because I'll have to go fifty feet to find him. Like you have to have real crafts and ship and real angles and real game out there, and they got more of other places.
Speaker 1: Man, that's my little homegirl, Creana. There was some stuff in a prime that's a great point, and we need to find that. That's something we should offer the world. Uh, shout out to name brand. Like you said, we spoiled from having all this party culture. Well that spoils the artists and the business, so you don't learn marketing. The rest of the country is spoiled from West Coast street urban culture.
Speaker 2: Period, so they don't really value it. It's like if you.
Speaker 1: Like, human beings are not is it fair to say, pete, human beings are not naturally uh the two it is like they're not they're not grateful, Like is it fair to say, like they tend to neglect things that happen so easy, like waking up two thousand percent.
Speaker 4: I mean that, I think it's really observable. You see the.
Speaker 3: Degree of faith and religion decline as you go up in tax brackets. The more people achieve and the more that they're blessed with, the more they think it's them being special, and the less they think it's circumstance being for tuitous for their ability to, you know, do something special.
Speaker 2: Did he say, where's a new top Dog?
Speaker 1: I mean, goddamn, how many top dog do you think you're gonna get? You got easy, you got shug Nite, right, you got Tony Lange, you got top Dog?
Speaker 2: Got how many more all time.
Speaker 1: Great black executives and hip hop do you think you're gonna get?
Speaker 2: Like you just spoiled? Y'all just spoiled.
Speaker 1: You don't realize how great you know Dude Dog is, or how great should Not is, or how great Puff Daddy is.
Speaker 2: You take him for granted.
Speaker 1: You probably don't even deserve that type of excellence. And black men from where we come from, because the way you treat the ones we have now, it's no way you give top Dog the credit that he deserves. If you think you're gonna get another top dog, you don't think you gonna get another Jordan. You don't think you're gonna get another Lebron, but you think you're gonna get a new top Dog. You lucky, you have Dude Dog from Bonnie on It. You lucky, you have top Dog Entertainment. He could have died, he could have been killed in a war, He could have went to prison for the rest of his life for the stuff that we had to do to be alive at this point, to live to to you know, the things we had to do to survive.
Speaker 2: You lucky you got him.
Speaker 1: And you don't even treat it like you lucky because you don't understand the nuance of exactly what what's going on here.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, and.
Speaker 1: That's the truth. Like, you're lucky, you got a top Dog Entertainment. You're lucky, you have a brilliant mind like dude Dog to run it. Women are currently dominating hip hop? Why are there no West Coast women in hip hop? Shout out to Sherry. I think it's because culturally, like Peters saying, you have to figure out, you have to figure out culturally what you're gonna represent, and once you figure that out, you'll be good.
Speaker 4: And I think there's a little bit of resistance.
Speaker 3: At that level because la in California does have that kind of pimp glamorization mentality.
Speaker 4: There is gonna be a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of resistance to whole glamorization mentality to a degree, and some of that's gonna come out in some of that music.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, facts shout out to name brand, that's deep. What's the new culture? If the party is dead businessmen and ball players, there's no culture in that stuff. Again, that's a whole nother conversation that we have to tackle on another day. West Coast is the culture. The party is the outro of the current state of rap. We end no like the street urban culture is, you know, skaters or gang gang banging, like the way people dress and act and talk. A party was the way we kind of lived our lives. Like funk was what the West Coast hip hop singing in a mask was built off of the music, and funk is.
Speaker 2: Rooted in the party. So the party it worked together.
Speaker 1: But without the party, the music we make it doesn't have a natural place to travel. It becomes independent. Like you gotta think, what's breaking music now is TikTok. The last big West Coast song was Soak City three ten Baby that got broke off social media. I mean, I don't remember the last time I heard the song break in just la parties like they were everybody was doing the dance to Soak City.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what broke that song that he has great record since then he asked records to me. The last two records three ten Baby put out are way better than Soak City. But because we don't have the infrastructure anymore to make records work, because the party is dying, which is we'll talk and tackle that on Friday. Cuz, like those songs are not getting as big as Silk City.
Speaker 2: It's just what it is. It's just fucked up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 1: Shout out to revenge. Yes we do, Yes we do. The get those glasses. What's the point of cherish and culture and hip hop and passing it down? That's what we're in it for. We have the new hip hop Michael Jordan Lebron did happen, and then Steph Curry came. But that's the point. That's why you only get one guy you don't get a thousand guys, and you're not going to get a Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: You lucky you got Kobe. That was the closest thing.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get a Lebron You're not going to get another Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: That's why you should appreciate them.
Speaker 3: An interesting thing about ain't number one, as there can only be one.
Speaker 2: Because it's number one.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Dick Griffy Recipes, to that legend Solar Records.
Speaker 2: Go do your homework.
Speaker 1: Uh, Kamalia is amazing and she is doing incredible And it's funny because I want to have her on the pod because she was talking about two Pac must die.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna you know what, fuck I made a decision right now. I'm gonna find some Blazian looking chick from the valley who's got a lot of body. I'm gonna say you look, your new rap name is sugar Baby. Here's the I will write the lyrics for you. Go dress fly ship, Go in there, say that, get in front of a camera, look that way, saying this piece of paper here that I wrote for you.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go make a goddamn record. That's what's gonna have to happen.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Don Dub, what's up, big dog, and thank you for that lunch bonus lunch. There is though TD for dough she nominated, but do she from Florida? And again that's that's top and and and moves and and and the homies going to work. You're not gonna get that often. That's not gonna happen. That's why you have to value what you have. Y'all gotta stop trying to move on to the next thing so easy and value what you have.
Speaker 2: Like that's the lack.
Speaker 1: Of gratuitous that's the lack of gratuit that like, you don't have a grateful attitude. Shut out to the name brand. Yeah night crying for sure. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you have to really understand the greatness you're witnessing.
Speaker 1: That was something I had to do though, So I'm not mad at you, uh revenge, I'm not upset like you have to learn like I I. It took like snoop with somebody perfect example. Before we get out of here, we're gonna we're gonna leave in five minutes, so we canna let y'all get back to work. I know you at your desk. You done finish eating your lunch. You're still watching your boss gonna walk by. You know what I'm saying. So I ain't gonna get you in trouble. We gonna get yall five more minutes and then Friday we back discussing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call Kendrick can see if he'll hop on the live. I don't think he will, but I'm gonna ask him so we could talk about LA's party scene and how we saw it coming up. Gosh, what was my thought? What was I finna talk? Snoop Dogg said out to Evince k out is thirty seven. But you you're you're missing the greatness of Dojah Cat. Thojah Cat is happening right now. Thojah Cat is happening right now, So you're missing it.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: You know it's something new there too, you know what I mean. So again, so let me let me get this last point out. So I'm gonna tell you Snoop was the artist. Bro Ironically, this is crazy because again, like I said, I'm finna go check out this record with them. Snoop was somebody I was always spoiled by I never tripped off Snoop as a rapper, not like I didn't enjoy his music, you know what I mean, and play his songs and you.
Speaker 2: Know all of that.
Speaker 1: Obviously I heard more Snoop Dogg music than anybody else, but I didn't really look at him like I looked at rappers from somewhere else because I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: What hip hop was. So again, all this Snoop.
Speaker 1: Dogg music I'm digesting, I would have never named Snoop Dogg in my top three out of named ice Cube, who kind of seemed a little different, Jay Z and Scarface.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, the more I started to learn about hip hop and it being street urban culture, being in the Bronx with the legendary dudes from Spade couple real dope brothers I got to meet, and the Eric Bees and all of these legends, and they started to really help me understand what hip hop was. Everything that Snoop Dogg was started to shine brighter and brighter for me. Right, And I looked one day and after all this information, I looked and I was like, Oh, it's this motherfucker And if you really think about what hip hop is, that is what it is. He has never turned his back on the coaching. He never denounced where he came from, how he grew up, none of the above. That is what it is, Ice Tea. When you look at SVU, shout out to og. When you look up Low Nord SVU and they don't say Tracy Morrow, it don't say Tracy Morrow. It says Ice Tea. That's a thing for hip hop. When you see that screen, say ll COOLJ. Or when you look and you on ESPN, it says ice cubes like that is what they're doing for hip hop.
Speaker 3: Curtis fifty cent Jackson, he still holds it in there between the Curtis and Jackson.
Speaker 1: He trying, but it's you get what I'm saying, Like, that's the shit. That's what this shit is about, showing people that come from these ghettos. Could he evolved to be regular, you know, incredible people in society. If the opportunity is presented and you watching him do that, you watching Ice Tea be a part of television history.
Speaker 2: You're watching him do it.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I was at that shit in Vegas. If it's like a libertarian thing with a bunch of business people to go up in song.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna get whatever you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's just called Freedom Fest in Las Vegas and Ice Teas up there working the crowd doing this interview.
Speaker 4: I was thirty years younger than the next youngest guy. It was just like.
Speaker 3: Twelve hundred, like sixty five year old white people who are like between libertarian and Republican, just clapping and laughing their asses off at every fucking hanging on every syllable this guy says for like thirty minutes in a row. Was unbelievable and he and he was real as fuck. He didn't tailor anything to that audience, not.
Speaker 2: A fucking.
Speaker 4: Not a fucking word.
Speaker 1: Well again, this is No Selings Live to lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon Pacific Standard time. Click that thumbs up before you get up out of here and let everybody know you was here. Going to description right, Going to description, click the link. Subscribe to the No Sellers Podcast, executive produced by Charlemagne.
Speaker 2: Of God Black Effect.
Speaker 1: I heeart feel mean, this has been an amazing conversation. Friday, we will be back to discuss why the party died. Yeah, shout out to die for making the song Watch the Party Die, and that also to some degree, is why West Coast hip hop feels like it's dying. So we'll be back here Friday at noon. Y'all be here. Tell a friend to tell a friend. I'm gonna text Katot and see if I can get him to come on here. He may come, he may not. You just never know what the hommy. But we can really talk about out this and get into it. It's a really great conversation. So Friday will be here at noon. I'll let y'all know. Also what I think I Snoop album. I'm for to go listen to that, so I'll let y'all know what I think of Missionary. We come back on Friday. So much love to everybody. Good looking out For tuning in to the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West Coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now heard Radio Yeah