Speaker 1: Word with me here.
Speaker 2: You know, BT know how it goes, shout at oct no color, what we see? Whole game? Wait the butler something.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't stand on the house to see. I already know you came with me because with the squad of me, they get a little They called at me. Hello, Hello, reporting live from Atlanta, Georgia. Welcome to the ball Alert Show. I go by the name of fil.
Speaker 1: I go by the name you know, BT.
Speaker 3: Want to see where that who the devil doed.
Speaker 1: Is in the village or walked in done? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Drod has a flip phone. Joe has a flip for well, I've seen the flip phone for a while. I don't remember the last time I seen a flip phone. The last time I seen the flip flowd.
Speaker 1: I said, hold on, Joe, what you got going on?
Speaker 4: Man? Because I texted him. I thought he gave me the wrong number. It was a it was a green bubble. I said, Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I mean, well, my ADHD and that phone and like you're talking about with iPhone, yeah, previously, like you know, all on those apps and you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So this does not have any apps.
Speaker 1: No, it takes along the text. Man, it was like I got to hit the numbers.
Speaker 5: A couple of times, so you know, you can't even do a voice note.
Speaker 1: Damn you like that aspired shot.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it keeps my attention off of everybody else, and it keeps me, you know, like like information I try to intake. I try to make sure that there's some you know, something that's other than what everybody else knows. You know what I'm saying. I do get information from people they oh boy, you heard it, like okay, but you know, instead of me just taking it all in, because once I get through looking at all those apps and all that information, and I get to taken it in, and if it ain't good information, that's what I spit back out, you know what I mean. I spit back out the stuff that I intake, and most of that stuff ain't good. So half of the time I don't had any good to say, you know what I mean. If I'm all in that app and looking at everybody living their best life.
Speaker 5: You've really been doing the work on yourself. You know, when did that start?
Speaker 2: When I went to rehab, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I kind of like, was like, how many years ago.
Speaker 2: Was that three three years April sixteenth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, third year ye sobriety yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So back when I did that, I was like, you know what, I felt like I couldn't do the stuff I used to do and get ahead from where I was at, you know what I mean. So if I was going to go to rehab, then I was going to have to change the women, you know what I mean, because all of this stuff went with each other, like the drugs, the women, alcohol, this the hanging out, you know what I mean, the friends that I chose. So I had to cut everybody off. And I love I love the people that I cut off. I still think about them and stuff like that, but it hinders me to go back and repeat what I already done and already see the results for it, you know what I'm saying. So change the number, got a new phone, got off social media.
Speaker 3: But you still someone still posts for you.
Speaker 2: I'm supervised, so you know, if it's something that I need to know or I have to do drops, you know what I'm saying, stuff that's you know, leveling me up, you know what I mean. We all sit down like this and they be like, this is what you got to do, boom boom, boom boom when I get through phone back.
Speaker 3: And so there is a designated phone for you, you just don't use it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a designated phone for me. But I have to be supervised because if you walk out the room, I'm like, you know what I'm saying, I'm not disciplined enough.
Speaker 3: Is that your phone?
Speaker 4: But you just don't have it or somebody has it and they put all your stuff on it, meaning like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, I have my own phone, but I don't have my own phone. So and then like I make sure that everybody has the code, you know what I mean, everybody, everybody, like my management team, my lawyer, you know what I mean. My lawyer was got in on it. You know what I mean. You wanted to hey, look man, you can't do this. And I'm making sure you're not doing that. And you know what I'm saying, No, I don't want to fall back into what that was. That's a rabbit hole that nobody wants to go down, you know what I mean. Like, you know what I mean, Like it's almost like a nightmare that I woke up out of that if I if I go back into it. I'm going back to the nightmare and it's just not it's not healthy for my mind, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Do you feel better?
Speaker 2: How are you? One hundred?
Speaker 6: That's good for the people like that don't understand how, you know, dealing with addictions and stuff like that work. Could you talk a little bit about, you know, when you went to go get sober kind of like what was your process and everything? To kind of help a lot of people that really don't know the direction to take, you have.
Speaker 2: To have a support team, you know what I mean. I don't believe I could have done it without great management. Sierra's my manager and also she's run for office, by the way, running for office man Forton County Commissioner District six. But she's also a doctor and she has a doctrine in behavioral and mental health, so she was able to you know what I'm saying, like something wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: I'm like what? Because blunt? What a blunt and a perk?
Speaker 2: And you know what, Selean won't fix you know what I'm saying, Because I could just drown this out, you know, medicate myself, like I thought was you know, I thought that was the way, so that process. What meant like, you know, well, I'm gonna get your family together, the ones who do care, because you know, you would think that everybody in your family is on board. That's not true for me, you know what I mean. I don't know for anybody else, but everybody didn't believe it. You know. I had some family members liked it the way I was because I gave a lot, you know what i mean, how all the time you could just pretty much take advantage of me, you know what I'm saying. And that was the same thing that went with in public, my friends, you know people that was around, what could we get from? And he got a show. Let's everybody pile up. We about to go to the show. He gonna give almost all his money away. You know what I'm saying. We're gonna get high, we're gonna get drunk, and we're gonna repeat, and we're gonna do this for what twenty years?
Speaker 5: You know what was your breaking point?
Speaker 2: Well, the repeating of it. And then when I saw my child, you know what I'm saying, and I felt like that's that was a low blow. You know what I'm saying. When I seen my little girl like that, I was like, man, I can't tell her not to get high. No more. Car I'm still having it in me, you know what I'm saying. So the best thing I could do is just go ahead and change myself. And then she saw it and she actually cleaned them question yeah, yeah clean? And uh you know I was talking to her the other day, man, and she was just she was in her daughter mode, like you know what I'm saying, Dad, and I just started crying. I was like, man, I praised so I wish I could have pressed a button. I thought it was a dream. I was like, what did I do to deserve this? You know what I'm saying. Then I thought about it and I was like, I took my mom through the same thing. You know what I'm saying. You have to humble yourself and see what you put people through, you know what I'm saying. And once you see that, you be like, oh, I get it. I needed to learn this lesson, you know what I'm saying. But my kid, what you do show up in your kids, like the kind of person you are and the things that you do. If they're good things, and good things to show up in your kid. If they're bad things, they're bad things will also.
Speaker 4: So having been through all of these things to be where you are, do you feel like you waste the time when you were, you know, on the drugs and all that stuff, or do you feel like this kind of was a journey that took you to where you're at.
Speaker 2: Now kind of in the middle. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Do you remember? I mean, I have a moment? Can I share?
Speaker 1: I a moment? Man?
Speaker 4: I was hosting Compound and you didn't even know what's going on. It was your album release part.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember that day because Roco was trying to give me some champagne and they was like he said, he was just was definitely there. He was just tapping me and I was just out of it.
Speaker 1: And then I turned. You know, this dude like Slick raised me. So I turned and then he was like, I was so out of my mind, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And that's when I got worried. Yeah, I forgot what the year was that That year.
Speaker 2: Was one of those moments that I was like because when I when I when I got the feedback off that night, they was like, yo, he was just standing there. And then I had this thing, this myth thing about me to when people used to be like, man, he'd be out of it. But when it's time to wrap, I just used to you were amazing, But I would miss the best part of you know, the experiment, the people well, the love, the paying attention, the want to collapse and you know what I say, you have the success part. And then you know, and then when I wake back up the next day, I would again, just do it again, and I'll be like, you know, they'll be like, well, this person tried to talk to you. You know, you know, you you said something of this person, you ignored this person, You said some real cruel stuff to that person.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 7: Man, Well, you know, unfortunately that's a lot of artists journeys like drugs and all that stuff because they feel like maybe they are better as an artist or whatever. So it's just so great to see you come out of that and just be who you are.
Speaker 5: We're so proud of you.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: Hey take this out minus your boy you on Joe on right here on the ball Alert Show kicking it with for Ririe Simmons, Oh, C T and BT.
Speaker 1: You dig what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Now, Young Doe was actually signed before TI. Yeah, bigger record deal, bigger situation before t.
Speaker 2: I the same amount like the people were No, it was actually Roco. It was a you know, Monica was into on it, like because she always has given me big support. So the Roco thing, right, it was it was crazy like because I wasn't a superstar yet. I just had the pen, you know what I'm saying. Good with the pen, and Roco was like man and I used to just go around and be rapping for different people in the street and you know what I'm saying, And it was so it was so good. Roco was like, I'm been and put the house on shot. So he built the studio for me, you know what i mean, southwest over there by Green Brown, you know what I'm saying. And so when he built the studio, you know him and Monica. You know, Monica was always supportive. I remember me and her first song was You Deserve We redid the he May Hail Mary beat with Tupac and and Man Rocco had me with I got a song with Juvenile. Back then, you had some big records. Yeah, I had one with Jazzy Fay, Bone Crusher, Turk bunt Be, a couple of more people, Monica of course. But this was all on one tape car respect to connect it. And you know, I was just feeling this way through it, you know what I'm saying. And I think he pressed up so many of those CDs and he forgot to put the barcode on it. It was crazy back then.
Speaker 4: That was the time when they when people actually bought physical CD physical city. You were selling them in the streets too. How much money were you making?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, we used to charge like ten dollars of CD. But Roco gave me, like I think Roco gave me like twenty grand cash for my advance. Wow, without even.
Speaker 5: Being what'd you do with it?
Speaker 2: I blew it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: That's what most artists do it.
Speaker 2: But to be honest with you, I was so into my drug habit. But it was bad then because I was trying to hide it. And then like on the way back then, yes, like but because drugs had been in my family for a long time. My dad, you know, my dad been using, my dad using for like fifty years. You know, my aunties and uncles all died off of drugs. You know what I mean. They didn't live. Nobody lived to be over sixty five or something like that. You know what I'm saying. So, and my grandmama like had like seven kids, all of them smoked dope self for my mom, you know what I mean. So for me to be on drugs, you've been like, oh figure, you know what I'm saying, because that it had been embedded in my family.
Speaker 3: That you see it when you were younger, Yes, you saw I had to.
Speaker 2: I had to go buy it. You know what I'm saying, Like my aunt ties and uncles will come over and they'll send me to go get it. You know what I'm saying, Like I knew where to go get their drugs from.
Speaker 5: When was the first time you wanted to indulge it?
Speaker 6: Or did.
Speaker 2: Twelve? I started smoking? We ad twelve, You know, I felt a junkie was out there. Man. And my one of my friend's mom she was she was smoking. She was like, I ain't no boy, that we gonna lead to something else. I was like, get out of here and law and ball.
Speaker 1: She was right, she was correct.
Speaker 5: Introduce you to something heavier.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I was introduced to something heavier by just curiosity. I was like looking at my friend and I was wondering why they was acting, you know, more chill than everybody else. And I felt like, you know what I mean, I wanted to indulge in that. And you know, of course everyone nah, man, you good, and I was like, nah, I don't want to try it, not not knowing that. I just thought they was having a good time that night. I didn't know that it was going to ruin my life, you know what I mean. I saw it, but I was like, you know what I'm saying. I knew what my aunties and uncles was doing. They was doing heroin and cracking, you know what I'm saying. You know stuff, you know what I'm saying. So when we went out back when I was coming around, you know, X pills and cocaine and weed, and you know what I'm saying, that was young people were doing that, you know what I'm saying. Then once I saw that, I was like, well, this ain't that, you know, because we used to be at big parties and you know, everything was going on and everybody was indulged, and I was like, oh, it's lit. You know what I'm saying, It's just everybody just having a good time tonight. And you know what I'm saying, Once I win in that rabbit.
Speaker 5: Hole, it just when how old were you then when you when you went there, I.
Speaker 2: Want to be I want to say eighteen. I would. You know what's crazy? I was the same age my daughter was. You know, this is the generational curse thing that I broke.
Speaker 3: But then you started making a lot of money. Yeah, so now you can support your habit and it gets worse, correct, it gets worse.
Speaker 2: And you know what I prayed. You know when I first wanted to do music, you know, I really asked God. I was like, I really don't care about money. I said, I just want to have longevity. And you know, and I was like, but if I don't get rid of this drug habit, I said, it's probably gonna kill me. You feel what I'm saying. And it changed. I started morphing with the drugs when something went out of style, like when X pills was like popular those became I was like, the X pill was just stuff for so much stuff. I was like, okay, this was enough. In that time passed then Molly came, you feel me then when Molly came. But and then you know, I spent five years, six years on X pills, like eight years on this and they didn't come to perksn't come to Zans, they didn't come to Lean then you know, alcohol, and we stayed there, you know what I'm saying. So it was just I was just morphing into different druggies, you know what I'm saying. So and by that time, you know, I guess you know, God just kept his hand on me. You know, because for somebody to survive that, and this goes out to anybody that's using and you still living, that means that it's still a purpose for you to do because you can overdose.
Speaker 4: Do you have any lasting effects, like does like your ReBs heard or do you have like stomach problems or I'm good?
Speaker 3: Do you have no stomach problems? Like random headaches?
Speaker 5: Did a Rocco ever intervene with your or did he ever say anything?
Speaker 2: I hit it from him. I was able to mask it, like because I thought, well, clothes was my creep out thing, like if I got fresh, you know what I'm saying, Because there's a method behind how I dress. Now you know what I'm saying because I saw it in school. I was like, clothes keep people off from the attention about what's really inside of me. You feel me long as you long, long as you can see me fresh and not my interior.
Speaker 6: I was good on that, like a distraction, Like a distraction when people won't expect somebody that's dressed nice and that's room to be heavy on drugs.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, that hurt me more than anything because everybody was like, alright, he dead fresh, You know what I'm saying. And I wanted that. You know, I didn't want you to look at me any different. You know what I'm saying, because I I'll be and I'll say to myself on some arrogant stuff like what she would say, somebody me and I'm cleaning than you. You know what I'm saying, Like like that, you know what I'm saying. But like the way the way it tore up friendships, the way it the way I did, you know how like you know, breaking girls hearts and lying and you know, lett my mom down, and you know what I'm saying. And people I made some people who cared. You know what I'm saying. That that was like you know, like Ferrari or somebody that saw me like that genuinely cared that. You know this, this guy is tripping, you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, it's other people wanted me in that position because it benefited them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody cares about a rich junkie.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about a rich junkie if he's good looking.
Speaker 6: Now, when you was, when you was doing drugs, did you did you need the drugs to create the type of music that you was making because you putting out a lot of hit records at the time.
Speaker 1: You know, still all to day.
Speaker 6: But I always just wanted the does artists always feel like I need to get high to get in the studio and create this type of music that people are loving.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's I think that's the trick that the devil has, you know what I mean. He tried to convince you that God didn't give you everything that you need to you know, be the best person you are, and I had to fight with that for a long time. Now, I do want to say that it did stimulate, you know, my brain and make me you know, think, you know, harder and concentrate, because that's just what it is, you know what I mean. But to say that that's true, that's not true. You know what I'm saying, Like you have you are equipped with everything that you need to be the best person on this earth that God. You know, the gifts that God gave you, those are the best gifts, not drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just seen the famous quote that Wayne May when he put out a documentary. He said, people are telling me to put down the cup, put down the lian and he said, I ain't putting down nothing, because this lean got me more rich and more successful. So I just always thought about there, like for a long time, I'm like, does every artist do drugs?
Speaker 1: You know to make this popular music that were listening to.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can lie to yourself, you know, you can a lot to yourself. But the truth is I'm not on drugs now and I do great music, so I would be telling you I'll be lying there. I did a lot of myself and made me make myself believe that that that that I needed that. But that was the crutch, Like that was the that was the move that the devil played. You know what I'm saying, you need this, you know what I'm saying you need me, you need me, you know, well actually you don't.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, Dree, So one of my favorite songs you ever did. I always wanted to ask you this question. I actually never asked you this in private, so I'm asking you right now or revoked TV ball alert.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't fuck with y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm a big Can we talk about that record and making that record? So I saw you perform that live at the Pearl on a Tuesday night and dug at the Pearl. It was a it's a club, It's no longer there, Green Brier. The Green Brill was at South Southwest. Yeah, right, the Green bro Mall long live Johnson because that was his party. Yes, And I was there on a Tuesday night one time, a DJJ one.
Speaker 1: He was the DJ.
Speaker 3: Didn't smoke or drink. Meanwhile, the club was lit.
Speaker 4: Bit job over there lit, and I never forget dro performed this song. I was in general population, just looking.
Speaker 3: Up like, yeah, this is the reason I'm here, this is the reason why I love Atlanta. Were talking about that song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that era was you know what I mean, heavily inspired by I want to say young La man he kind of like, you know, showed me a different way of doing things because I used to rap so hard back then and it was like before it's time, and I was like, I can dial it down a little bit. But you know, I decided to dial it down. I was like, you know, younger lay made me feel comfortable in that in that in that state, you know what I'm saying. And when I recorded it, you know, you know, some of him lingo were like, what's up it out? You know what I'm saying? Always like big dog, Like everything was big dog. You know what I'm saying. And when I said when I was talking about, you know, the lingo in there, I was really referring back to Atlanta culture. You know how we how we you know, how comfortable we are with how we talk. And I was slag and you know what I mean, and all that bow and all that stuff that we was. It just fit, you know what I'm saying. And when I decided to do the video, it just got Big Man Mike Epps came. I had him in Chapel for as on the West Side I'm talking about. He was out there with one shoe on what you all big and bugers I was like, this guy is super real and I ain't. It wasn't nothing that I called. I ain't even have to call him, you know what I mean, just pulled up with Droyd. I'm on the way, you know what I'm saying. I was like, man, this lit Mike ELPs over in the hood man, So that that that was that and that that was the first video that had a filter on it.
Speaker 3: If you look at the video, I don't know what's the filter, like the.
Speaker 2: Filters on Instagram, like the color, the color of it. You know what I'm saying, Like, how you can you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: It was? It was?
Speaker 2: It was lit? Man.
Speaker 5: When did you meet t I?
Speaker 2: Oh, we weren't famous. I think it was like it was a rap.
Speaker 3: You said that he stayed up the street from you or somebody, so.
Speaker 2: We were so we both was from Bankhead, which was I stayed in the projects. He stayed in Center Hill. So in hindsight we were already on the West Side together. He just was up the street. In reality, we ended up moving to the same spot in Riverdale.
Speaker 1: So when I that's weird.
Speaker 2: So when I got over that, I just you know, I seen everybody kicking it and when nobody really kicking it like us. Hold, that's so I'm looking like. I'm like he had like somebody, I know, you know what I'm saying. Then it just it came together, you know what I'm saying. And he was hustling and you know what I'm saying, doing the thing, you know what I'm saying. And I used to I used to go down in his house. You know, her mom used to be cussing up. Hey, y'all, y'all do my living room more than purnature. I'm like, you know what I'm saying. But actually we just connected, you know what I'm saying. He I seen him how he was moving it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I knew.
Speaker 2: I knew how we sold drawers in the city and I've seen how they were selling draws out there. And he was telling me, boy, it's triple out of him car. You know our dins out him.
Speaker 1: They thought it out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, lik, you know what I'm saying. So basically, man, we connected.
Speaker 5: Sixteen was y'all wrapping in or no, we was.
Speaker 2: I was just doing beats man, Okay, he was. It was like doing he was a producer, like he was producing beats, serving serving service.
Speaker 1: You're producing big serving and boy, yeah, just do back man. And me I was just healing up because I had I had got shot like a year two a year.
Speaker 3: Why did you get shot?
Speaker 4: Ah? Man?
Speaker 2: It was crazy man, just I mean being in being in the wrong place, doing the wrong things.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: One of you dude tried me when I was young, and it kind of like I want to say, it shook me a little bit, but I knew I wasn't gonna suck out, So I was like, Okay, you tried me like that. Bit. I'm finna go. I'm finna go to bankhead Cole really went from the area right there. I'm finna go to bank had get my get my connect, and we're gonna come back over here and straighten it. And then when we went back over there and straighten it, you feel what I'm saying, we did. We did and on the way out, somebody came up to the car and shot me in the back, you know what I mean. And I had to wear like colossomy bag. You know what I'm saying. Man, Yeah, I was using the bathroom for myself and like at a young age, I was out in my mind. I was like, what the world just happened? Because I just thought we was going to do some you know what I mean. Next thing, you know that that was on me, you know what I'm saying. So by the time I met Tip, I was I was heeling up for my stable. I had like fifty six staples and I had you know what I'm saying, I had just got the bag reversed. You know what I'm saying. I think I was sixteen turning about to be seventeen.
Speaker 1: So you got shot at sixteen fifteen fifteen?
Speaker 2: Wow, you know I had to you know, of course I had the bag. So once I went through that surgery, I had to wear the bag till I was like a year and a half.
Speaker 3: The bag is you using the bathroom and it goes into the bag?
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, Yeah, that's a lot of That's something that a lot of people don't talk about, you know, when you hear people getting shot in all this stuff, because people try to glorify that in the streets, but people don't know the aftermath of what you know, people actually have to go through or getting shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see my drug have it burst from then, Like I believe because I was on some strong such stuff in the hospital, right, and they used to give me this stuff called demarol, and they used to be hit me and then like and I used to be ringing the button all the time. And then the lady, the lady found that out. She was like, he's addicted, you know what I mean? And I really didn't know. I just kept saying I'm in pain. But most of the time I wasn't in pain. It was just that that stuff used to knock me out. It was opious, like you know what I'm saying. So and behold when I got to the hospital and then and and I was asking him, I was like, is y'all gonna give me that that same stuff? They was like, no, we can't give you that, Like on the way out, like we're going to give you some stuff, you know what I'm saying. It wasn't it good stuff? So when I got out, man, I was looking for that too, that high. I wanted something to medicate me because that was addictive to me. I had addictive personality, like you know what I'm saying, Like I wanted that fix again. So that's when it burst too. That's when I was like, Okay, when I found something to have me sedated like that on the street, I was like, oh, what is what it felt like? You know what I'm saying. So yeah, So by the time I met Tip, I was healing up from that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But then you went and got to deal with Rocco before no.
Speaker 2: I had to deal with Raheem the Dream, so it's very okay.
Speaker 5: So now the Raheen drinks I knew dream was first.
Speaker 2: You feel mean because you know, we was on the West Side and I was rapping at my cousins. He was doing something on the bank at the bank which was the Bounce, you know what I'm saying. So I went in there wrapping it at his show and Raheem saw it. He came and got me in. He signed me in. You know, I had this song called yes Sir. You know what I'm saying this when every you know today people were saying yes Sirski you real me? But I had an actual single call this in two thousand. Wow, you know what I'm saying, Like twenty some years ago, you know what I'm saying. That was my first single call Yes sir, you know what I mean? Uh, Greg Street broke it great, Dan, So that was that was the thing. And you know I had to deal before Tip. That's what That's what it was. You know what I'm saying. I was on the radio. So by the time he got on radio, I had already saturated on the radio. And I think I think he was at the radio one station one day and I called up there. I'm telling girl, I'm like, hey, Greg, you know what I'm saying. I was like, that's that's Tip. And then Tip like who were that? And he was like, I was like, this drove And then he was like you know what I mean because he was doing you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He was like, you drove. I was like, you know what I'm saying. He was like I had no because my voice and stuff got heavy.
Speaker 2: Like how you say that?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, So when I met Tip where we wasn't we wasn't we wasn't rappers, were just kids.
Speaker 8: We'll be right back with more of The Baller Alert Show. You listen to a special edition of The Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: Hey take this out minus your boy on Joe on right here on the ball Alert Show, Kicking It with for Ririe Simmons, Oh CT and BT.
Speaker 1: You dig what I'm saying that With.
Speaker 5: The Barler Lip Show, we got young Droe.
Speaker 1: And the Bill Gi Yeah, fresh as always.
Speaker 5: He's talking about TI.
Speaker 7: You know, Grant Hustle years y'all was off the charts, and I feel like that was Do you feel like that was the peak of your success?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean yeah, the bigger part.
Speaker 7: Because when Shoudaling came out, I feel like it took over. It's still about today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually playing the dope thing about you, and I feel like you guys are those legendary artists. Your music is coming back because how radio is working now is they're playing all those hits from the early two thousands to two thousand and eighty ten's, So you're gonna hear Droe, I heard whatever you liked the other day on the radio. I heard Shoudeling the other day on the radio. So it's starting to come back, which I think is a dope thing.
Speaker 2: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 1: Pretty good?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: I always wanted to make music that like classical music, you know what I'm saying. Like, I listened to a lot of alternative music, you know what I mean? And those those songs are around today. You know what I mean. Hip hop is the only genre that that says, Okay, we're done with this, you know what I mean. But you still can hear a John Bon Jovie song that's still popping, you know what I'm saying. You still can hear you know, those kind of songs still popping today. And I felt like, since I have a sense of that kind of music, I kind of had it in my spirit to make stuff that I you know that you still got you know that you can still play today.
Speaker 5: You have an interesting story about how Shoudoline was developed. Can you give us that? Can you share that story?
Speaker 2: It came from us not dancing because the whole the whole city was dancing, like and you know, I ain't knocking it, you know what I mean. I used to wish I could dance, but I couldn't picture myself dancing. But we was like trying to fit in, you know, trying to you know, not beat so much of an art ball, you know what I'm saying. So when till when Tip came to it was like, hey man, it's lit. You know, faboed him got lafty tappy.
Speaker 3: But originally it was Tip song right.
Speaker 2: Originally he when he did the when he did the hook right, he was going to carry on, you know what I mean. And I was like, well, well, first of all, we knew that we wasn't dancing. And he was like, man, we could do.
Speaker 1: This, We could do that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, trying to convince you to dance.
Speaker 1: You was about to do some snap stuff.
Speaker 5: Because you had fall then you had the franchise.
Speaker 1: It was lit.
Speaker 2: But I was like, well, you know, I ain't never seen you dance, you know what I'm saying. He was like, man, we can just do something. He said, what you think about this?
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know what, go ahead. Then when I heard them, I was like, I got this, bro.
Speaker 5: But was the beat already made when he was doing that?
Speaker 2: Because Little See Little c was there too, but Little See what he was He Tip did this like a cappella.
Speaker 5: And Little See is the producer.
Speaker 1: Just Little See came with.
Speaker 2: That beat man, and I remember hearing it and when he when Tip put his voice on that beat, and it was in little Seek because Little he did the beat around what he was. You feel what I'm saying. I heard that and I had this. I had this like a dream, like a vision. I was like, man, when I when I wraped this, I'm gonna say how fresh I am. And I could just see myself back in the crowd up and showing off my feet on cleaning. It was almost like it was almost like a book. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's so classic. He said, go to the club and you was that you had to finish the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wasn't there when I did it.
Speaker 2: Nah, they wasn't around when I did it, so back when I came. So when I got through it and they heard it, man, Tip and was like man, So we ended up. He was on tour.
Speaker 1: We drove to Jacksonville, Florida.
Speaker 2: This is what the song was his birthday because at first it was just amongst us like so they were like, okay, that's Joy's high man. We got the Jacksonville, Florida on the tour bus and we had like a bunch of girls come up. Everybody was on the bus and were having a good time. So Tip was like, put this home.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: When they put that song on, broke we on it was like it was lit.
Speaker 2: Bro we knew.
Speaker 3: Okay, So since we're here, this ends up being your biggest record today.
Speaker 1: Yes, well no, I think FDB was bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, but but did did FTB chart higher than Shoulderling? Which one made you the most money?
Speaker 2: I think that FDB is a more bigger song because it's everybody. Everybody feels that, everybody can relate to it all all all skin, all skin tone of people feel that.
Speaker 1: You me and a lot of people know.
Speaker 2: Shoudling show Lean went one two right then I sold two million ring Tones, So that's like four million, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: At the time when Big.
Speaker 2: Tones was big. So so I know, I know it went platinum twice, and I know I bought it, you know what I'm saying. And then like you know what I'm saying, So I got a ring Tone Award for that song, you know, you know what I mean. I remember a kind giving me that, you know what I'm saying. So, and I was the first one to get a ring Tone award.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, don't let Soldier War hear this.
Speaker 5: But then you had we Be in the City. That was another big one that my.
Speaker 2: Favorite I heard that played at the Olympics. That was a pretty big song. I heard that somebody sent me that.
Speaker 6: You beat's always crazy. Man, you got you you got a ear when it comes to beats.
Speaker 3: I also like when you perform that song because you let it cut off and you go a compella. You go a compella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I try to let you know, you know, I you know, that's when I try to show people how much I like music.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: People people like you know, you hear stuff on the radio, you hear people record, But a live show shows how much you're embedding into what your craft is and how you want it to be. Come out to the people, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying now the showder Lin come out before Fat Joe.
Speaker 6: Laying back, because I remember he was talking about like people in the South took you know, his song and everybody just kept, you know, remaking it.
Speaker 2: That whole bacle was weird because I don't I don't remember. I can't tell you that I heard Fat Joe and you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I just always wondered that because I seen him make you know.
Speaker 2: He I saw that that was kind of weird, you know what I mean. I seen it was.
Speaker 1: Because it was a lot of lean song. After you know.
Speaker 2: But the thing about it is, I don't even think that anyone knew of anyone doing it, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't think franchise you know, you know knew drou was doing it, or I was was aware of it. Was like, oh, I'm gonna do a lean song. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Now you've had some You've had a very high profiled relationship.
Speaker 4: Can we get any type of who else have you? Were you in a relationship with that was kind of big? That may have went under the radar.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I actually that was the only thing.
Speaker 3: Is you famous folks be having relationships?
Speaker 2: I actually, man, you know what, I'm a hood. I'm a hood dude, you know what I'm saying. I for the most part, I was I was all about a fine chip from around the way tight, you know what I'm saying, Like because it fit my persona, you know what I'm saying. Even though a lot of you know what I mean, I smashed some stuff. I won't say, keep it a peak. I won't say. You know what I'm saying. Whatever they did see it went public. You can have that, but I wouldn't tell what was it?
Speaker 6: Anybody that you was like, man, I can't believe you know this shorty doesn't hit me up. You know, this was somebody that I always wanted.
Speaker 2: Of course, okay, yes.
Speaker 5: Or anybody now or do you want to be married?
Speaker 2: Or I mean, well right now? Man, it's I'm working on myself and I just was.
Speaker 1: I just had to to separate myself from spreading myself thin. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I've dealt with some cheeks. You know what I'm saying that you know, some real good women. You know what I mean, And I mean real good women. You know what I'm saying. But you know, once you once you done had your share, whatever you pick and choose. You know what I'm saying. You might you know, you want to just make sure. I want to make sure when I jump back into this relationship whole. You know what I'm saying, You ain't gonna get nobody else need to get high and you're not working on itself. And it's it's some stuff. I went to the rehab because it was stuff I needed to regrab. You know what I'm saying about myself that I need to be doing. How much of a man that I need to, you know, be to give to this relationship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I don't want to short change the next person. Gotcha? So could you ever date a woman that drink or smoke?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: So she can't drink or smoke.
Speaker 2: I mean you can drink, but you can't be an alcoholic. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I ain't ever thought chicks who smoked weed was attractive, like we do it later. What you talking about?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 4: For you?
Speaker 2: It's not triggering. It's almost embarrassing, like to just have a check that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Anybody who can drink.
Speaker 3: You don't think this is gonna bother the women who smoke weed.
Speaker 1: I just it just ain't for me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not knocking it. It's it's just ain't you know what I'm saying. Because women be so beautiful, you know what I'm saying, Like smoking is not good. You know what I'm saying in so many wait words?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If you look at it like because I got children to raise, and then for me to be saying, oh you ain't gonna be smoking nothing, and then mama and there like come on, man, I cut it out for my son, you know what I'm saying, So own't on him saying I got this from dad. You know what I'm saying. You know I went through that with my child. You know what I'm saying. It's just not your preference, not my preference.
Speaker 1: And everybody got a preference to your preference is polo.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, how was Joe the father today? Are you in all the baseball games or at.
Speaker 1: The basketball games?
Speaker 2: And I had to learn how to be dad and stop wearing jewelry because I used to be culled three four chains on pulling up in these you know what I'm saying. It was like look looking at me, like you just dad today, man. But I had to humber myself. Stop wearing jewelry to the games, stop dressing up so you know, because sometimes I just go to these games and people be like why, I don't know. I got to learn how to turn it off. So right now I'm more conscious about what I let him see, or about my attitude, about what I accept, what I don't accept, what's around me. You know what I mean, letting what I'm letting him see, what I'm letting him listen to you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, it's different.
Speaker 5: Do you see a lot of yourself in him?
Speaker 2: A lot of it? And I have to correct it. And I believe, I truly believe. This is one of the reasons why I'm not on drugs because I'm able to see it now. If I was under the influence, I would let my child grow up to be exactly like me. And that's not the goal.
Speaker 5: So you don't have two kids, I have three. Three Okay, do you see music in their future or anything like that.
Speaker 2: My son is going to be great at something. I think sports, you know what I mean. He's he just turned eight, and he's so smart in basketball. He had to have this information at five or you know what I mean. He knows so much about basketball to you it would trip you out, you know what I mean. And his body, the way he built like I see him, I see myself and him. When I was young, I would cut up and I played football before I got shot. But he has a football physique, but he loves basketball. So I know he's going to be big. Mark my words, He's gonna be famous.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 4: Now, does Droe do you work out? Like what did you change about your life. Are you doing something that you've never done before that's kind of like new?
Speaker 2: Or yes, I get up every morning and that workout every morning.
Speaker 1: Never did that before?
Speaker 3: No, Like do you job to hit the elliptical?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I walked five miles? Wow, every day, every day, five miles.
Speaker 3: That's a long time.
Speaker 5: Changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it changes because I don't want to still spicy dog meat.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean like I can't eat exquisitely. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I can eat you know, the alligators and the dover the dover fish and stuff like that, squid and sea arch and you know what I'm saying. I can eat that type stuff because it's not too heavy. But I do try to eat right so I can help out the five miles.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be eating too much, too tired.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got a little gym. Put it in my put it in the garage. I go work out. Do that. I do that every morning, And that's that's tough to get up at seven point thirty every morning, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So, now, do you have a studio in your house?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I try not to.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't have. I don't play the radio at home literally because my choice of you. I don't want my son to end up picking up the room stuff. You know what I'm saying. Even though I make that kind of music, I don't. And if I do listen to music at the house, it's alternative music.
Speaker 5: So how did the Glorilla remix come about when you got on that?
Speaker 3: Because you brought that raspy voice back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what, when I be walking, I heard Gloilla rip the beat so bad and.
Speaker 2: It was a good way.
Speaker 1: I mean, she killed it in a good way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it was inspiring, you know, you know some some stuff she was saying about about you know, quit thinking, quit overthinking, and you running circles around these people.
Speaker 1: I'm like, get them glow, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, And just just how you know, just to hear the young generation and just to hear it, hear in her voice like she was commanding the beat, and I was like, I can command that beat like that, you know what I'm saying. So and then and I just found myself saying, yeah, drove all the time. And then and then dude looking at me, was like, you did it? I was like, Nah, I ain't did it. I was like, you know what, Big Jon was like, go ahead and do it. I was like, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: John, have a big jump.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Now how much you think over the years you spent on polo, man, it's.
Speaker 2: Over a million, over a million, because, like I used to have to be some serious you have some stuff I've never seen before. It was a serious sickness with that.
Speaker 5: Have you a deal yet?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: I mean I actually was up for it, and then I got into some trouble and stuff, you know, and I think, you know, everything is you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You know not Ralph Laurydy got to call you a million dollars in polo. It's crazy, man. Listen in the first little section of my life. You know what I'm saying. I want to say, when it was starting out, I had just did like quarter of it, you know what I'm saying, A quarter of me. I want to say, it's well over that. You know what I'm saying. One hundred thousand on Ralph is easy?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Two hundred thousand is easy.
Speaker 4: You were wearing the most expensive so I used to I remember walking into basis at the ball, whatever the ball it was, and like that.
Speaker 3: Stuff wasn't special. Like that jacket right there, Bro, I know that, ain't you know what I'm saying, it's out out jacket. Oh my god, Conor Rod over its side.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say this. You influenced a lot of people in the culture to wear polo.
Speaker 3: Them Polo boots, and I was Atlanta was wearing Polo boots.
Speaker 6: And I'll never forget I say the money I saved them like two paychecks. I was working at Route twenty one and I bought some Polo because you have.
Speaker 2: The numb I definitely you know. The no ones went up, man, you know what I'm saying, Dude, you used to be telling that I'm just like Droe instead of saying the brand.
Speaker 4: You know what, I went to Marshalls and would get the Polos when they was thirty nine out of his side.
Speaker 3: I got to know what I'm talking about, Bro.
Speaker 4: I used to go to Marshalls and or I will wait till they'll be right before back to school tax free, and they went down before the new ones come in. You know, the old ones will be like nineteen ninety nine no.
Speaker 5: Tax that so you got the polo. I hope you get a deal.
Speaker 1: We kept paying it for a deal.
Speaker 5: You can get that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you deserved that second chance. But so you had the PSC project that you did. You had a couple of songs with them.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be, man, the PSC got a big project coming out with DJ Drama. Man, and it's just that's going to be that has some real dro stuff on it, you know what I mean. And after that, I think, you know what, me and going to do a joint album, you know what I'm saying. I think I think we owe that to the.
Speaker 1: Coach. Yeah, we need that.
Speaker 5: When is the book coming out? Because you have a story, Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Book actually, man, you know what. My manager is an author. Doctor Sierra is an author.
Speaker 5: Also doctor Sierra.
Speaker 2: She she actually wrote a book before we, you know what I'm saying, got doing business together and she's a great writer, and she was like, I'm going to write your story and she she you know, she documented, she has she has a lot of stuff like, hey, look man, I've seen this happen. I seen the boy go through this. I seen him overcome this. He came out of that, he got stuck right here, and it's just you know what I'm saying. And she she got the book together, and I think the book should be ready by twenty five.
Speaker 5: I'm excited for I'm so ready for today. Where did you meet her?
Speaker 1: By the way, man, we have been knowing each other for twenty years.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Actually I grew up with her brother, Meatball shot the Camilton road print. You know what I'm saying, print locked up right now. You know what I'm saying. He actually, unfortunately he went down in the bloody summer. He has life in prison. You know what i mean. We grew up together. You know what I'm saying. Meatball is a very important person in my life. Her brother, you know what I'm saying. So when it was only right that you know what I'm saying, I let her manage me and drive my career.
Speaker 3: And she really cares about you, bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're excited. Anything else that you have coming up?
Speaker 2: Me and Zaytoven got a project comes, yes? Yes, man. They Toven is one of the people that I actually, you know, took a liking to that was on my level. You know, clean, stand up guy, you know what I'm saying. He still you know what I'm saying. He don't do He's wanting drinking, ain't doing no smoking. So when I got a rehab, it was like God sent me to him, you know what I mean. And he's been a great person and he's been perfect, you know what I'm saying for what I'm going in life.
Speaker 5: Right now, Joe, We are so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: We thank you for always talking about the ball up show.
Speaker 6: It is for you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: Be clean.
Speaker 1: Hey, I had to dress up today too. I have to make sure you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Get right.
Speaker 5: So Man, before we get out of here, we do have a pep talk boy, and I just.
Speaker 2: Want to say this, Man, if you don't stand on anything, make sure you stand on principal. You know what I mean, Nothing else matter.
Speaker 1: If you get the principal right being you good.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Put God first and everything else is a walk in the park.
Speaker 1: Can't get enough of baller Alert.
Speaker 8: Follow us on all social media platform at baller Alert, log on the baller alert dot Com