Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading. With Carol Masser, Tim stenovek Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go to some of the individual gainers. Number one gainer in the S and P five hundred in fact, up about twelve percent in today's session. We're talking about Norwegian Cruise. This one after activist investor Elliott Investment Management said it built a more than ten percent stake in Norwegian also sent a letter and presentation to the company's board urging changes to unlock what it believes is more than one hundred and fifty percent upside for shareholders. So again, about twelve percent upside in today's session alone. Let's go to another one, Masimo. This one up thirty four percent, No surprise. It was a target bought out by danaher A Green to buy the medical equipment firm for one hundred and eighty dollars is share. That's a forty percent premium over Friday's close, a total enterprise value of about nine point nine billion dollars, allowing Danaher to gain a foothold in the medical supply business. So some m and a Tuesday action happening, and then Trip Advisor let's go on over to there. Up about nine percent in today's session. This is after Starboard Value delivered a letter to Trip Advisors leadership highlighting prolonged under performance and announced plans to nominate a majority slate of director candidates for the twenty twenty sixth annual meeting, keeping mine Trip Advisors down almost thirty percent year to date.
Speaker 3: I do want to take a look at some of the stocks that were on the decline today. I want to start with the worst performer in the S and P five hundred. This is the owner of NAPA Auto Parts Genuine Parts Company GPC. Shares felt today by more than fourteen and a half percent. This after the company announced fourth quarter earnings that fell short. Net sales also came in below expectations. The company that was going to split into two public companies following your review of options for its automotive and industrial business lines. The split comes during a volatile stretch for the automotive business. It's grappling with higher prices, higher cost, economic uncertainty, and affordability challenges for consumers. Also speaking to change your oil, Tim, sorry, can you know how to change the oil in your car? I know how to take it somewhere to be changed from me. Here's the deal. Here's the real thing. Nobody changes their oil anymore because what do you do with the oil? That's the old No, sorry, mister endironmental. That's that's why I want to burst for bubble. But that's what people used to do. Yeah, and it wasn't good. But that's that's the real reason why it's so hard to change your oil.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you do with the oil?
Speaker 1: Tim?
Speaker 3: You're supposed to take it somewhere to recycle it. And by the time you do that, you might as well just take your car somewhere to have the oil change for.
Speaker 2: You, like the sewer you know.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you guys are killing me. A couple more decliners here. Also a worse performer in the S and P five hundred today was General Mills. The company lowered its fiscal twenty twenty six outlook, citing a more challenging consumer environment. The company said weak consumer sentiment, heightened uncertainty and significant volatility of weight on category growth and affected consumer purchase platforms. This is the parent company of cereals such as Cheerios. Down seven percent on the day today. And finally, Danaher Carol had the news with this company agreed to buy Massimocorp and a deal with an enterprise value about nine point nine billion dollars. Massamo shares have moved higher. Danaher fell today by just about two point nine percent.
Speaker 2: This stock Moover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.