Speaker 1: It was like for me, I'm never going to be in a relationship. I don't care who you are, what you have, what you've accomplished in life where I'm not being respected.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned look into my conversation with Crystal Smith right after these quick ads. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience.
Speaker 3: Twice a week on.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 3: Hey, rain drops.
Speaker 2: Today's guests on Reality with the King with my girl Crystal Smith, that a lot of you may know as the wife of Neo, and if you've been.
Speaker 3: Hiding under rock, then you know that there has.
Speaker 2: Been a lot of things happening on social media in regards to their marriage. Crystal recently filed for divorce and posted something on social media that alleged some interesting allegations in regards to the purpose of this filing. But since Crystal is my girl and She also comes from reality TV, starring in All About the Business that was going BET a few years ago, in.
Speaker 3: Addition to Platinum Life that was on E recently.
Speaker 2: I knew that my listeners would want to know more about Crystal in addition to what she's going through. And I must say this is a very interesting, juicy, butlightful conversation. Without further ado, let's get into my exclusive with Crystal Smith. So today's guest on Reality with the King is one of my good girlfriends. She is so fun, such a beautiful light and somebody who I feel like is so misunderstood. I have like this big brother complex when it comes to her because.
Speaker 3: I feel like I need to protect her.
Speaker 2: And make sure that she's okay. I check in with her constantly. We've known each other.
Speaker 3: For a couple of years.
Speaker 2: She is a reality star who's been on everything from the Platinum Life on E to All About the Business on BT.
Speaker 3: She was also on Behind every Man, My Show, and she is just my girl.
Speaker 2: She's been in the press a lot lately, and I wanted to take this opportunity so that you all can get to know the woman that I know. And I'm talking about my sister Crystal Smith.
Speaker 4: Okay, honey, how you doing, sweet cheek?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Boo, how are you, my love?
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm good. I can't complain. I'm blessed. And how they favored you?
Speaker 2: Know that you are, that you are so look, I wanted to talk to you because you are one of my loves and I always feel like the world needs to know the real Crystal.
Speaker 3: Like this chick is a boss, she's.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, but she also somebody who I know has been through a lot. So let's start for the beginning, Chrystal, in terms of do you feel like people misunderstanding who you are and what do you feel it is that they just think you're one thing, but you're not.
Speaker 1: I definitely think that I misunderstood because you know, people they read blogs, and just because it's in a blog, they automatically assume that it's true and they never get a story. And I don't really speak out about myself to try to correct anybody. So one, I think the biggest thing is like the home record thing, because definitely ain't ever been that. Any men that I date is absolutely single. And I think also just because I'm not a conformist, you know, I don't go with the trends, and just because people don't like you, I don't really give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Don't really care, you know what I'm saying, like, and so I don't dance the beat if anybody's drum but my own. So people take that in whatever way that they do, and I don't really care.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just pushed through for me and my kids, and I'm about my career, making money and accomplishment goals for myself, and whether that is what everyone else bites doesn't matter, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I love the fact that you are a woman who stands on our own convictions, and you have the type of personality that I want all of my reality starts to have, which is you give zero fucks what anyone has to say about you.
Speaker 3: So where did that come from?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I grew up in the hood, So to be in this lifestyle, this platform, to accomplish so much that in itself is a blessing that for me, I feel accomplished.
Speaker 4: I'm very level headed. I treat everyone with respect.
Speaker 1: Until I'm disrespected, and I'm just grateful and I feel blessed that I am who I am today.
Speaker 4: I have three beautiful children. I can give them.
Speaker 1: A beautiful lifestyle, and to me, that is life goals, giving them what I didn't have. So anything else outside of that is just extra. And if it's negative, I don't really care, you know what I'm saying. As long as it doesn't affect my household, my family, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: So let that share roll off your shoulder, you know, oh.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And when I have to show on own Call Behind every Man, it was about, you know, the powerful women, the superstars behind.
Speaker 3: Some of these celebrity men.
Speaker 2: And that episode with you was one of our highest rated episodes because the world got a chance to know who Crystal was outside of her you know, relationship. And you are somebody who started out in this industry being a video model and worked her ass off to become the self made woman you are today. Take us back to how you got involved in this industry.
Speaker 4: You know, it just kind of like happened.
Speaker 1: Remember Black Men's Magazine and all that kind of stuff. Way back then, they contacted me on Instagram to do a photo shoot, and the photographer that was there, he was like putting on a lot of the girls and stuff back when hostings and all that stuff was just like beginning. And so we did one photo shoot and went viral the next week maybe I think I started doing hostings and it got up to like ten bands whatever, and so I was doing four or five of those a week, you know, and it just went from there.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I'm all about my coins, so I was all for it.
Speaker 1: You know, it just kind of happened overnight, literally, So I went from you know, working a regular job to like, now everybody knows who I am, making thousands of dollars a week, and you know, that was a cool life for me.
Speaker 2: And what was cool about it is the fact that you were somebody that kept getting asked by these musical artists, these singers, these rappers to appear in that video, especially at a time when.
Speaker 3: Music videos were the hottest thing.
Speaker 2: In the world, and you were able to appear in some of our favorite artists music videos and then parlay that into being this social media icon. So talk to us about some of the videos you appeared in and how that transition came into also getting paid for posting pictures on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, everyone says the whole like video girl thing but honestly, I had only done I think two videos outside of my exis, so I wasn't really a video girl.
Speaker 4: I was just popping on the.
Speaker 1: Ground with like my photo shoots and I was doing hostings like that to me was every day money and videos don't pay that much. So I had only done two videos and you only saw like a glimpse of me. It wasn't like a whole thing before, you know.
Speaker 4: So I really wasn't a video girl.
Speaker 2: But you also want somebody, like I said, who was able to take the social media world to a new level, because again, there's so much money to be made just in terms of like posting and hosting, so talk to us about that too.
Speaker 1: So when it came to social media, I think like I wasn't like a person. I've never been a person that's in the streets, that's in the clubs all the time, So nobody knew who I was.
Speaker 4: I was just like this new girl on the scene, and I don't know what it was like.
Speaker 1: I speak my mind all the time, and not in like a bad way, but I just keep it real. And it just went from the photo shoots that I would put online to the hostings and then just like trying to you know, put that into making money and monetizing on social media. So companies will reach out and I would do stuff for them and get paid for it. And it was just to me, it was just all about like making the coin. And with that, you know, you get your haters, but you also get your supporters, and my support outweighed way outweigh the.
Speaker 4: Negative, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it just kind of been a thing where like women would like appreciate the fact that, like I kept it real. No matter who you are or what you do, you know what I'm saying, that does make you better than anybody. And like women, you know, they gravitate towards that confidence and strength, and that's all I ever try to display.
Speaker 2: You then went on to start in reality shows. So the first reality show I remember was all about the business on BT. It also start Eva Marcel, who we know from Housewives, Top Model and now she has a show on BT. Plus all the Queen's men talk to us about that experience because you and Eva came on the show together courtesy of you guys being best friends.
Speaker 1: So that show, everyone that was in that show I knew in real life. We all hung out, we all, you know, had our little group of friends, and it just kind of like made sense. And she used to always tell me, like, Crystal, You're made for TV. You have such a personality all this stuff, and honestly, I was nervous. I was scared because, like, I know my personality and I know when people.
Speaker 4: Get on camera they changed.
Speaker 1: So I've always been nervous about that because you never know what your reaction is going to be until you put in that situation. So She's always just pushed me and motivated me to just you know, step out on my.
Speaker 4: Own and doing that, it was it was an.
Speaker 1: Experience, but I'm glad that I did it because it did allow people to see me and get to know me just a little bit, and it opened up a lot more doors for me outside of TV, which I was very grateful for.
Speaker 3: Are you still friends with Eva Marcel?
Speaker 4: Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Were you around when all of these things came about with her bridesmaid and this wedding fiasco that came when people were accusing her of doing crazy things?
Speaker 3: Were you a part of that whole bridal party situation?
Speaker 1: I was one of her bridesmaids, but I was not a part of that situation. I don't do mess when it comes to friends, even if you were my friend in the past, I don't get involved in that because if I loved you at one point, I love you now and I'm not gonna do the messy. So when all of that was going on and they had their little ponder rosa going on, I was there and I left and I just stayed out of it, you know what I'm saying. And I tried to support her as best as I could, and you know, build her up in that way and just let her know whatever people gonna say, they're gonna say, and let her roll off your back.
Speaker 2: But yes, I remember that you are somebody who really is a girl's girl. And I do feel like people when they look at you, they just assume like, oh, she's a mean girl, she's a bit she's this or that.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is you're the total opposite.
Speaker 2: So when you were around with that happening, what advice would you give Eva? Knowing that at some point all of you guys appear to just be like real friends and to be able to have to deal with that and the fact that I know you, I know they have to be hard for you.
Speaker 1: It was hard because it was like, I'm at a place where I don't want to get involved. But for me, it kind of angered me because I felt like, she's pregnant, she's getting married, after everything that she's gone through in her past relationships, Like this is her moment of happiness, you know what I'm saying. And I just felt like no one should have came in between her and enjoyed that moment and living into her fullest instead of them trying to like break her.
Speaker 4: Down and make sure that she did.
Speaker 1: The only thing she remember about that was the fact that her friends or so called friends did that to her. So the only thing, the main thing that I told her was cut your phone off, stop reading stuff, and enjoy your husband, your new husband. You know what I'm saying, because this moment you're never going to get back, and you're doing something and living a moment that most of these women.
Speaker 4: Wish they could, so fuck all that.
Speaker 1: Stay with your man, cut your phone off, enjoy your honeymoon, and when you get back, handle them, but for right now, enjoy it because you deserve it.
Speaker 2: Another show your paradign was Platinum Life. Une If y'all saw the face Crystal Bay and now she's sipping on her head to see So let's dive into it. So, as you all know, as the king of Reality TV, I love all things reality. So when I saw All About the Business on BT, obviously I watched it because I'm a huge fan of EVA. But baby, that Crystal was the life that just gave me what I needed, honey. So I was like, Crystal is that girl. She's a force multiplier and I'm here for it. So I was sad when the show did not come back, but I got a chance to be introduced to Platinum Life. And let's be clear, because I follow you and we're friends. I was like, oh, I'm here for Crystal, and this is before we became friends, honestly. So I was a huge fan of the show because I watched because of you and the show. If y'all watched this show, it was on E In the first episode, Miss Crystal Honey stunt on the girls and invited and Crystal show pitches or platup Life. No, I'll be silly. The girls were on Crystal's private plane going to Las Vegas to see Jennifer Lopez. So Crystal being the queen Bee of the show, decided to have her girls the other cast members come on her private plane to see j Lo exclusively and to go backstage as well. And on that plane, this is the first episode, guys, And on that plane, Crystal read the girls for Philip talk to us about what happened as these girls were on your PJ in their pjs, but some bs was happening, So.
Speaker 1: Okay about that. So not every one of them that I knew that I did. And when the show started filming, one of them in particular, decided that she wanted to, like, I guess, come against me and be with what she thought was like the cool girls group. I call them the mean girls or whatever. And so you know, when you do production and you're starting for the show, and they'd ask you like what can you bring to the show, what's this and what's that? And how how was your life a platinum life and all this.
Speaker 4: So me, I just kept it real.
Speaker 1: Some of them were like, oh, I can bring this, I can bring that, I can bring that, when they couldn't, and when it came from filming, they're asking production to pay for everything. So I'm like, hey, well this is what we could do. I can get this like whatever, like it's no pressure, like let's do it. And this one chick in particular, she I don't know from day one. I didn't know her. She had it out for me. So she was probably like forty five minutes late, the last one to get on the plane, and she got She took twenty minutes at that point to like stand outside of the plane and take pictures.
Speaker 4: So she got on the plane.
Speaker 1: It's not my fault that you're seven feet tall, nobody, I have no control over that. You need to talk to God about that, and said something about the leg room, and she just was talking and talking and talking and talking shit and I'm just like, okay, letting it roll off my back. And it was like I can't remember exactly what she said because sometimes I just kind of like see red. And all I told her was, you know commercial planes have flights every forty five minutes from LA to Vegas if that's what you want to do, because we can stop the plane and you can and you can go to Lax, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And she said something slick.
Speaker 1: And I just I lost it because it's like the audacity, like to get on my stuff. And just like disrespect me, you know what I'm saying. And it was just like I just felt like it was a setup and I just lost it. So I told her, when we get to the tarmac, we can get to it. And of course, of course her being the first one off, because she was the last one on, she bucked it to the inside. Look, I don't get stuff like that, Like if I don't like you or I have an issue with you, I'm not gonna get on your stuff. I'm not gonna be around you. I'm not gonna hang with you. I'm not gonna come to your house, none of that.
Speaker 4: Like I'll go with my own people's.
Speaker 1: But you thought you were gonna embarrass me or talk shit or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't. It doesn't go like that, baby.
Speaker 3: So she got on your private plane.
Speaker 2: And so what Chris was talking about is the show is called Platinum Life, and the show was about the women who were in relationships with the successful musicians. You had Nellie's then girl from Mims Jackson, you have Miguel's then fiance and some other women.
Speaker 4: Right Nazanine. I love her. She's a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's so beautiful Xena Foster who is married to Tank I don't she.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but are born the same thing. We're cool. Zena told me she quit like she.
Speaker 2: Quite so I think what Crystal is saying is obviously the show is called Platinum Life, so let's see your platinum life. And it appears that some of these women weren't able to produce on their own the lifestyle that was.
Speaker 3: Required to be a part of the cast.
Speaker 2: And Crystal, who does this in her sleep, said I am able to provide this, which was a girl's trip on her plane to Las Vegas. So the audacity of a cast member allegedly having an attitude and trying to, you know, come for the hostess with the most And so did she ever make it backstage to meet j Lo?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a woman that I like to say I walk with grace and all situations, So of course I allowed her to come. You know, why not come see it, Come meet this beautiful woman that you talked to all this stuff about, and have a great evening on me.
Speaker 4: You know, I love that you can exclude me from whatever. Doesn't matter because it's not an experienced I want anyway.
Speaker 1: But what I am going to show you is what a real woman does and a mature woman. If I invited you, come on, enjoy the experience, and then after that, I'm gonna fuck with you no more.
Speaker 2: And what we saw over the course of the season was that becoming a continuous beef with that situation. But we also saw that you were really trying to just avoid the drama, rally the girls and be the you know, the girl's girl that you are.
Speaker 3: What happened that season where it.
Speaker 2: Just felt like, you know, that situation just never could die down, so.
Speaker 1: That the thing was and like one thing about me, even if I feel like I'm not wrong in something, if it'll keep the peace, I'm a grown ass woman.
Speaker 4: I can come to you, have a conversation, we can sit down.
Speaker 1: I'll even apologize even if I don't feel like I was wrong, just in order to keep the peace. I did that what two three times, you know what I'm saying, And every time it was something else, something else, and something else, until I just got fed up with it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And it's like I'm only going to be.
Speaker 1: Cool so many times, and because y'all feel like I'm the hood one or y'all gonna get some TV time because y'all think if y'all say something slick, how my reaction is gonna be and that's gonna be like the highlight of the episode or whatever.
Speaker 4: I just felt like she.
Speaker 1: Kept picking and kept picking until she got real, you know what I'm saying. And for me, I just felt like, I'm trying to come on TV try to show them my business, like I was the only one. I had a business deal that I showcased on there with my cooking, and everybody knows that's my thing, and so I was on there like trying to be professional because I had actual partners and contracts and.
Speaker 4: Stuff that I was doing in real life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like, it doesn't do me any good to sit on here and keep arguing with y'all and doing all this and jeopardizing what I got going on because I actually have something to lose. And it just felt like women can be nasty, and if they see that you got a light on you, they're gonna try to put some shade on it. And because all of a sudden, she started some kind of culinary I don't know she was in school or something like that.
Speaker 4: She just kept coming from me. So I wanted to you at the door.
Speaker 2: Well, what I know is when you're the force multiplier of the show, which is sort of like the cast member who is sort of like the centerpiece, she or he is the one that is just like at the center of the show meeting.
Speaker 3: Whether they call it the queen bee of the star, we called it the force multiplier.
Speaker 2: And you were clearly that on Platinum Life, and we saw these great episodes, but we also saw that it did not come back for a second season. Why wasn't the show back for a second season because I quit?
Speaker 1: The network came to me after I almost went to jail in Mexico for the fighting and stuff.
Speaker 4: Y'all didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Probably it was on camera, but it had went down in Mexico or whatever, and so at that point, I was just like, like, this is not for me. This is not going in the direction that I'm supposed to be going in. This is honestly beneath me because y'all pulling out something in me that I've worked on long ago, and now y'all playing with legal stuff. Because shit like that gets real and people don't realize y'all come from this kind of life, and y'all say certain things and don't realize everyone doesn't take it the way you think they're gonna take it, because you do stuff on camera and that shit translates into real life and in real life and on security there to help you, you know what I'm saying. So at that point when I left, I left.
Speaker 4: I was done. You know.
Speaker 1: The network called me like, hey, what's up? Like cause really it was the Crystal Show, So y'all ain't have nothing unless y'all was talking about me.
Speaker 4: So I told them, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, this isn't beneficial to me.
Speaker 4: The money ain't that great.
Speaker 1: I mean to them, I guess it's a lie, But to me, that ain't shit. So I'm not going to jeopardize my business and what I have going on to continue in this bullshit because this is supposed to be a show that was supposed to be different from all these other shows and uplifting women. That's what y'all taught me. This is not what it is, So I quit and nobody has a job.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Well, Crystal, we're gonna start calling you Uncle Sam, cause honey, she is here to collect baby. Who's I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more of my conversation with Crystal. We'll be right back after this quick break. This is Reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into my chat with Crystal Smith. You are meant to be on reality TV. And what's interesting is before you know, I became friends. You did not know this, but I was watching you being a huge fan of yours. Because not everybody is meant to be on TV, but the ones who I've been able to see, I always say to myself, if I'm able to get a piece of that action I wanted. So I want to tell the listeners how you and I became friends. I had a meeting with Nick Cannon at his office in LA and he wanted to meet with me because he had this show idea that involved you and Neo.
Speaker 3: At the time, he.
Speaker 2: Was like, Los, you may not know her, but this woman named Crystal Smith is a star. And I said, Nick, I know exactly who she is. You don't have to pitch Crystal Smith to me.
Speaker 3: I know who she is. I watched television. So we have a.
Speaker 2: Meeting, you and I, Neo and Nick and you and I felt and.
Speaker 3: Well, let me speak to myself.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't, so I said, I was like, I love you like I love you, And it is funny because Nick and de I was like, they love each other.
Speaker 2: So I guess this is going to work. And we long story short, we were going to develop a show surrounding you and your artistry and just your life and you being like the Lucille ball of like this hip hop community, this relationship. And we had these pitch meetings and when I said to you, guys, Crystal killed it in every pitch meeting so much so we had numerous offers from networks and streamers like I'm not gonna name names, but some very big networks was like, we want some of this, and we were almost about to do a show. And then obviously, when it comes to business, things just you know, happened. But that was when I realized, like, I love her. I want to be in business with her, because you are somebody who I think is so magical based on, like you said earlier, being a girl from the hood, having humble beginnings, but being able to just not allow your paths to define you, and being able to just go after the stars. And one thing I will say too, because I want this to be an honest conversation and again, say anything you want to say. But I also like the fact that wow, Neo supports his wife, like, you know, he's like, look, if it's what she wants, let's do it. What was going on in regards to at that time, it was this opportunity to have a show about you guys.
Speaker 3: Is that something you wanted?
Speaker 2: He wanted Nick wanted, Like whose idea was it for that to happen?
Speaker 1: You know, Nick came to us with the idea or whatever. And then so I have a history with Nick of you know, I used to do wild'n.
Speaker 4: Out way wait wait long as ago.
Speaker 1: And so meet him, have a you know, rapport and good relationship and stuff like that. So at that time I was recording music and stuff and it was good and he like really really loved it. He was like, damn, I've never heard anybody like rap like this their first time in the studio whatever, And so he had we all have this mutual friend and so they had this idea.
Speaker 4: And you know, we were down for but then you know, my ex he got like super busy.
Speaker 1: I think he ended up going on tour around that time, right or something like that, So the contracts didn't like line up, so it was pretty much just like wrong timing basically. And that's okay because I wasn't like pressed to be you know, have to do it right now.
Speaker 3: You really wasn't. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You're not thirsty because if anything, and I'm gonna be real with y'all, I was a thirsty one, like, no, we gotta make it. Crystal would be like, Carlos, I got this going on. This money ain't that much, but whatever. I love you and I trust you, and I know I'm gonna make money outside of the show. But you never once was thirsty about this. It was sort of like, if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't, my life is still gonna be my life. And then we were able to do Behind every Man together because again we developed a friendship at that point. She and I spoke several days before because that show was Kristal revealing things about her past and her childhood that she never once said before. And for me, it was to show the world that, like you said earlier, this is not some homewrecker. I want the world to see who you are, which.
Speaker 3: Is why I also embody you on my podcast.
Speaker 2: Why do you think this homewreckerd title came about?
Speaker 1: So, you know, not to say that people don't like really think about things. People don't realize. Like, when you shoot a show, it's usually shot, it's usually like aired the next year, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And so I think the timing.
Speaker 1: Of my ex, like telling people that we were a thing or whatever, was when his ex's show came out.
Speaker 4: She shot that show like the year before.
Speaker 1: They hadn't been together a year plus since, you know, before I had met him, So people not like thinking about that.
Speaker 4: They're thinking, damn, this show just came out.
Speaker 1: They just said that they were together like a week ago, so they just figure that I took him.
Speaker 4: From her, which is not the case. I didn't even know him when they were together.
Speaker 1: So at that point, it's just like, I hate that people think that. But over the years and now at this point, I don't really care what they think because I know he knows, she knows, and God knows, and that's really yeah.
Speaker 2: And what we learned on the show was the fact that this man, your ex, he approached you he sought you out, He had his team reached out and said, I want to meet this girl. You know, his intention that he said to you was like, oh, be my music video. And what was funny is you realize after meeting him that, okay, he was interested. And what I loved about the story between you and him was the fact that you gave him like, not a hard time, but you weren't pressed, you weren't thirsty, and that's what made him like you even more because you were sort of like, honey, I'm.
Speaker 3: In this business, I know what this is about. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I've heard stories. I'm not that person. And what's interesting is I just heard Steve Harvey talk about this on his Instagram page. When Marjorie, his now wife, when they were dating, he pushed on up on her and she overheard him talking to another woman on the phone and she packed her bags and I was like, I'm actually gonna leave and call me when you're ready, and he took his flip phone and broke it and said, I'm ready. Now talk to us about that, because again, I wanted to spell all these rumors that you was somebody clout chasing or anything like that, like that's not even the case.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm not gonna lie that he hadn't ever hopped in my dms before, but I had never, so I guess he figured this is the next avenue that I.
Speaker 4: Have to go through to get to her.
Speaker 1: So his team reached out, booked me for a job, all that kind of stuff, and then like he wanted to meet before the job, and I was like, I've never had to meet the artists before a job.
Speaker 4: I to show up, they tell me what to do, and I do it, you know.
Speaker 1: So we ended up meeting after I set him up a couple of times or whatever, and then it went from like talking about the job to like, now we talk about personal stuff, and we just kind of like we ended up clicking and stuff, and we just have really honest conversations because I prefer the.
Speaker 4: Truth, you know.
Speaker 1: And when we decided that we were going to like make it official, what he did do that no one else had done before was he stuned in front of me.
Speaker 4: I mean it took a couple days.
Speaker 1: Probably like three four days, but he called every woman that he was dealing with at that time and told them, hey, I'm in a relationship, and I want you to respect that, So I mean, you can't continue whatever like he did that in front of me, you know what I'm saying. So that for me was like, Okay, I can give this like a serious chance.
Speaker 4: Three babies later, I mean, y'all know how that went.
Speaker 1: But it was a reason why I decided to like be with him like that, you know, because in the beginning he showed me everything that you're supposed to show someone that you're serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was privy to y'all relationship. I was around you guys a lot, and I saw the love and I saw the fact that he was somebody who supported you, and you supported him, you held him down. And we all know the story about during the pandemic, things weren't in the best place for the two of you, but the pandemic forced him to not have to go on tour to stay home and you two were working on the marriage at that time, which was successfully working out for you too. Fast forward to now, obviously, look this, I just want my listeners to know me, Chris O'Neill, our family and at the end of the day, that is the father of her kids. And this isn't a situation of bashing anybody, it's just having an honest conversation because I feel like, based on what's been happening in the press lately, a lot of people have all of these assumptions about you, and I reach out to you because I want people to know this too. I reach out to Christal to say, let's just have a conversation because I'm so protective of you that I know what people may think is going on or not, not saying that I know everything, but what I do know is there was love there at some point, so much so I was invited to the baby shower. You guys had a Bober Newle in Las Vegas a few months ago. Neani Leeks was there, Melody Holt was there because these are your friends too, and we just thought, like yes, like love wins again. Obviously, listen, say what you want to say about the situation, But what happened to where we saw this bower Newle and then we saw you post on Instagram that you're ex was allegedly in situations with other women and possibly another child.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I will say this because I'm not gonna say much, but you are in a relationship you love someone and you think that your relationship is this way right, and you think it's flowers and hearts and glitter falling from the sky, whatever you want to call it. And we had a great relationship, great you know, energy, everything. So when I found out that that wasn't the case, it was like for me, I'm never gonna be in a relationship. I don't care who you are, what you have, what you've accomplished in life where.
Speaker 4: I'm not being respected.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not saying that he disrespected me in my face, because that ain't never happened. But people sometimes when they go outside the house, they live a different life. And once I found out about that different life, for me, the only choice and option for myself was to leave.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't wish any battle his life. I pray for him every day.
Speaker 1: I wish him the best, but there are certain things that for me just once you cross that line, I'm not gonna accept.
Speaker 4: And the only reason why I put that post.
Speaker 1: And honestly I regretted it, but I did it because one, you know, I don't talk about our business like my personal relationship business, but it was more for like accountability like for me, because I did that it was like one to show him like I'm really serious, I'm really leaving, and two for me to be like, Okay, I put this up.
Speaker 4: I put my business out there, so I.
Speaker 1: Can't be dumb and fall back into a trap or back into the same pattern. Because now everything that I represent as a woman, and what I want to show women is that you can't accept just anything that someone gives you, like you're the good thing. You deserve to be treated the right way, whether it's in your face or behind your back. And so a lot of times I feel like women that are with men in this industry, they accept a lot, they take a lot, they tolerate a lot because of who that person is.
Speaker 4: Or a life style that they provide. And what I.
Speaker 1: Want to show women is that you should get out if you feel that way, no matter what someone has. Your self worth, your health, your life, your happiness, your mental health, all of that is more important than a lifestyle. You have to think more of yourself in which I absolutely do to get away from someone that doesn't see you for who you are. It doesn't treat you the way you're supposed to be treated. And if I want to be anything, it's the example of being strong. Like, don't get me wrong, it hurts like my heart is broken, you know what I'm saying, Because that's someone I thought I was gonna spend forever with. But who I am spending forever with is myself and my children. And who I have to set a good example for are my children. And so I wanted my kids to grow up and I have a daughter to grow up and know to not accept just anything from anyone, and my sons to know I will be your ass if you ever treat a woman like that. So for me, it wasn't an easy decision, but it was an easy decision, you know what I'm saying, because I've always known who I am, what I deserve, and what I deserve to be treated like with someone, And if you're not serving me in that way, then I gotta go.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you you brought up something that I know for you to be, which is you are very private and you don't tell your business. So when I saw the post on Instagram, I'm like, this ain't the crystal that I know because miss Thing keeps everything close to her chest. I mean, you and I have personal conversations, but that's personal. But to see that display on Instagram, I was too surprised. And you're a virgo, and one thing I know about virgos, y'all don't like to talk about your business. And when I saw that, for me, I felt that, whatever is going on with my girl, this must be she must be at her wits end, like and I think it's one of those things when you look at waiting to exhil and how angela Bassett character just got to close up the closet and burn the shit on fire, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So to me, Crystal, I was like.
Speaker 2: She had a blackout moment and said, fuck it, that's what I got from it?
Speaker 3: Is that safe to say, like you just whatever was.
Speaker 2: Going on at that time, which you don't have to talk about, but did you just have like a blackout.
Speaker 3: Moment where you just at your wits end?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm gonna be one hundred it wasn't a blackout moment. And throughout this whole situation, I've been known to like go crazy. I didn't and I still haven't, and I don't know about what this situation is. But like I'm a god fearing woman and I pray and all day. God walks with me all day and I speak to him all day. And when I felt something wasn't right, I got on my knees and I prayed to reveal to me what needed to be revealed, and Baber did he reveal it so oh for me. Once we had a conversation and it was like, okay, what's about to happen?
Speaker 4: And it wasn't. When people get.
Speaker 1: Caught, they kind of like, instead of like being remorseful, they'd want to try to find a scapegoat. And I just wasn't going for it. And it was just one night. It was just like, you know what, I'm cool, Like, I'm good. I don't know what my future holds for me, but what I do know is you won't be included in it, and I don't want to feel like this ever again. If I continue to be with you, I will feel like this. So I knew in that moment I just had to just walk away. So it was it was serious. When a person says to you they don't have to fear of you leaving them, it's like, okay, let me just show you. So I just had to like make a stand for myself and since that moment, I have been calm. I haven't yelled, argued, screams any of that, because it serves no purpose.
Speaker 4: Once I don't want to sit you.
Speaker 1: I'm about to take the emotion out of it so that I can can just walk away.
Speaker 4: And I've been you know, children, I have my moments, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But they're getting further and further apart because every day I'm waking up with more peace in my spirit that I made the right choice and that is invaluable to me.
Speaker 3: Is there a world to where.
Speaker 2: Forgiveness can happen and a reconciliation can happen.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So one thing we know about men, Let's have a real conversation, Crystal. One thing we know about men in the industry, whether they're a rapper, a singer, an athlete, or whatever, most of them have the ego the size of Bigfoot. You know, they have a big ego. And sometimes these men feel like I have giving you this amazing lifestyle. You don't have to work, you have a credit card that's limitless. I'm able to give you this big house, these nice cars, he's fancy jewelry, And sometimes these men feel like, if I'm able to give you that you should then they should be there. Yes, but I'm gonna gag you. I'm gonna gag you. A lot of women also feel that way. That girl, if you chilling and have a good life, if this man want to stick his dick in something allegedly or or whatever, then girl, turn turn the other cheek.
Speaker 3: And keep it moving. What do you say to women who think that way?
Speaker 4: I'm glad, I'm glad you asked that question.
Speaker 1: So in the beginning of all of this and I put that post, and even now to this day, the amount of women I'm so disappointed that encouraged me to stay instead those same to me, women that are like I've been in my marriage twenty years, thirty years and all of this and this is what happens, and just accept it or get you somebody on the side, or you know what I'm saying, as long as he paying for this.
Speaker 4: You got me fucked up.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry that at your old age that you are still dealing with that and you don't respect yourself enough to walk the fuck away.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying for.
Speaker 1: Me, I don't care what you have because when I wasn't a broke bitch when you met me.
Speaker 4: I was making great money, you know what I'm saying. So that is not a fear of mine.
Speaker 1: I have a hustle spirit, so I don't care how I'm gonna get it, but I'm gonna get it, you know what I'm saying. So there's no amount of money, monetary material, nothing that is worth my fucking self respect. My grandmother raised me, and she'd be turning over her grave if she knew I was accepting something like that. And it's just it's sad that a lot of these women, they really feel like that, like you don't have enough worth in yourself and belief in yourself that you can get out and leave this person and figure out something else. What it is to me, it says lazy, what it is says I just I'll deal with whatever because he pays my bills. I'm sorry not doing that. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you are.
Speaker 1: And it's sad because I just really wish women will wake up one day and realize their power that they have, because just like a man could do it, so can you.
Speaker 4: You see these.
Speaker 1: Women on the Star Street with the little little orange things on and be doing a construction.
Speaker 4: The bitches are strong. They do the same job that a man does.
Speaker 1: So why you think and go to a meeting and go do this and do all that the same thing that the man does. You know what I'm saying, Like, just because a man got a lot of money, don't mean you can't have a lot of money.
Speaker 4: You can make it yourself.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with you, and your story reminds me a lot of Melody Hope, who I know you're friends with as well. She and I also have this conversation because a lot of women told her she should stay in her situation because they felt like girl a magna cheat. So if a rich mag gon cheat on you, at least you get to enjoy the lifestyle. But one thing I do know about you is, again going back to even how y'all met, you were never pressed, going back to you working with Carlos King on a reality show, you were not pressed about it. And I would never even assume that you would stay in a situation that you felt like wasn't serving you your greatest potential, because at the end of the day, you're not pressed.
Speaker 3: And one thing I want the world to know about you. You made it this far.
Speaker 2: Without the help of a man, So what makes anyone think you can't do it.
Speaker 1: Again because they didn't step out on the own and have the strength to walk away. But like I said, I'm not a conformist, and just because you want to tell me your story doesn't mean that I'm gonna fall I'm gonna follow that advice because you probably should take some advice out of my book. I I just I just don't understand it. I don't get it. Like when you're now, when you get married, no one's perfect, No one's perfect. So you go through things, you go through obstacles, people make mistakes, and when you're married, it's like, oh, okay, I can forgive this. I can forgive that we're starting fresh, we're starting over. But when something becomes a pattern, that's who you are.
Speaker 4: That's not a mistake.
Speaker 1: I can speak because from experience, I feel like when they first make a mistake or the second time they make a mistake, you kind of like lie to yourself and play your mind to thinking that okay, that happened, and now my life is perfect and now we're good, and so now I can take a mad faced value when really that's not the case. All they do is learn how to get slicker. So I just I am not a person that I want to go crazy. I don't want to stress every time you walk out the door or any of those kind of things like.
Speaker 4: That's not a way to live at all.
Speaker 1: That creates that Really like a person basically like lying to you all the time, manipulating you all that, making you think that another life is something, and then when you confront them, they gaslight you and make you think that you're crazy.
Speaker 4: That's mental abuse, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's emotional abuse, because now you're looking at yourself and you're feeling bad, and you're like, damn, what's wrong with me that I can't I can't be trusting. I can't I'm thinking this way and I'm thinking that way. No, you're thinking that way because God is trying to tell you something. Your intuition, it's trying to tell you something. But then you got this person that's making you think that you're crazy. So for me, I just got to our living like that.
Speaker 2: I'm just happy you were able to have the strength to do it because I know that leaving any situation when it involves your family.
Speaker 3: Isn't easy.
Speaker 2: And what was interesting is Vibica Fox on her show made a comment. Not sure if you saw it, but she obviously was like, go get counseling for yourself so that you will know that you deserve a man to treat you like a queen. Stop staying for the fame and Instagram post.
Speaker 4: You know, I.
Speaker 1: Appreciate Vibica for, you know, trying to be supportive as a woman, but it kind of was like, you're saying misinformation because I wasn't waiting for an Instagram post or for a lifestyle or for Chanelle bag.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I didn't stay for that and I didn't accept anything for that and definitely don't get no STDs.
Speaker 4: Thank you God, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But again, what she was trying to say, I'm just not that girl.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know my self worth and it just happened that my marriage is public and so the breakup is public.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I'm not one of those weak girls that is just gonna fall for anything or accept anything for a lifestyle period.
Speaker 4: But thank you, Nibica. I appreciate it, but that's not me.
Speaker 2: And lastly, what advice would you give women who are currently in a marriage to where they just feel like, girl, let me just stay because I have nothing to worry about. But yes, when he leaves the house, my stomach hurts. I'm constantly maybe checking his phone. I'm in a situation to where my kids see that their mom is stressed.
Speaker 4: Then guess what, you do have something to worry about. Just because of.
Speaker 1: How a roof is over your head and you can take trips whenever you want, doesn't mean that that's a stress free life because you're stressing yourself out. No one deserves to live like that, No one that man. Because stress and anxiety and manifests.
Speaker 4: Into physical in medical And you.
Speaker 1: Get stressed and you got highpertension, your hair's falling now, your skin is bad. You can't eat, you ain't drinking no water. That's something to worry about, you know what I'm saying. And if you are okay with looking crazy and stressed out and walking around the house, row ain't bathing two days and your kids are driving you crazy because you worried about.
Speaker 4: What this man is doing, that's a problem. That's a problem.
Speaker 1: That's a condition of your heart being broken, and you don't even realize that it's broken because you're pacifying and gluing these little pieces together in your heart with trips and bags and shoes and jewelry and all that stuff in your mind and your front. So you think that like, Okay, I'm good, I'm fine, like it's working out, when you're dying inside.
Speaker 4: No one deserves to live like.
Speaker 2: That, especially you, baby. So what's next for Crystal? Like what can the world expect from you? Because I'm happy to see that my girl with her red lips, honey, is looking good, looking, refreshed, looking vibrant.
Speaker 3: What's next for you, baby?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we have the restaurant Johnny's Chicken and Waffles in Atlanta. We're opening up three more by the end of the year, one in Midtown, one in Dallas, and one in San Antonio, as well as my cookbook will be coming out sometimes top of the year.
Speaker 4: And I have other few projects lined up. You'll hear about them soon.
Speaker 2: Well, I better be a part of one of them, because I need to get you back on reality TV, honey, I hope so.
Speaker 4: But you know, just make sure it's the cast is great. I got some paint up aggression of it, and.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, we will. We won't work on that together. Happy, That's it and that's all I want from you too. So what you know? You are a beautiful girl.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know you're a bad check. You know you're a good Crystal. You know you know Crystal. You know you pine girl.
Speaker 2: So is Crystal. Dating is Crystal? You know have men been your dms Crystal lately?
Speaker 4: The wrong one the wrong ones?
Speaker 1: And then it's like, I'm gonna say this to you men when a woman is going through these type of things, like give her some time because right now you're gonna catch every piece of that ain't meant for you.
Speaker 4: So you know right now I'm just working on me. You know what I'm saying. Dating is not really on my radar. You know what I'm saying. I'm not saying that I don't hind a body manbe style every day.
Speaker 1: It might takes me a look good morning, but I'm not like physically out there.
Speaker 4: I ain't outside.
Speaker 2: You ain't outside. Although there's some men who wants to come inside, but leave it.
Speaker 4: This is the wrong.
Speaker 3: For them.
Speaker 1: But I will say, Crystal is not in love with anyone right now?
Speaker 3: Are you done dating men in the music industry?
Speaker 4: You know what? Only God knows.
Speaker 1: I have been saying that as of late, like I don't want anybody in industry and all that stuff because you never know what it comes with. But then on the other side of the coin, you can never say never. And then also the fact that, like you had said earlier, oh, all men cheat, I refuse to accept that and to believe that because maybe men have cheated and some of the men have learned their lesson.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going to accept that.
Speaker 1: Just this is just a part of life and being with someone, absolutely not, because if you cheat, I'm.
Speaker 4: Out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So for me, I am an advocate for love and being in love and all those things. So whatever God has for me, I'm going to be open to it once I've healed. But for right now, I just want to have fun, you know what I'm saying. I don't want anything serious. I just want to enjoy life and whatever that may bring, I'm.
Speaker 4: Open to it.
Speaker 3: And you deserve the best. Baby. So Crystal, where can people find you? Follow you and support you? My love.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Only really mess with Insta because I've got time to be on all them socials all days. You can find me on Instagram at It's crystals men. That's really the only social media I'm actually on.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you baby, and you guys may be seeing Crystal.
Speaker 3: On the tele bench of Green Sales. So anyways, I love you, baby, and I shall see you soon, my love, I.
Speaker 4: Love you too.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure to speak with you, baby.
Speaker 2: I can talk to Crystal all day. I love her so much. And the best part about this conversation was the.
Speaker 3: Advice that she gave.
Speaker 2: Women who choose to stay in relationships or marriages that doesn't serve the higher potential anymore. And that, to me is the lesson in all of this. Regardless of this person having money, or a lifestyle or a private jet, nothing, nothing, can be more important than your mental health. And the fact that Crystal decided to leave a situation that wasn't serving her because she wasn't being the best woman she could be through herself and her kids means the world to me. And what's so interesting is it reminds me a lot of Melody Chari from Love and marriage hunts Bill, who was also told to stay in her marriage just because that's what you're supposed to do. And I'm happy that we were able to have a deep conversation to where Crystals say like, no, if you're unhappy in your marriage, no amount of money or lifestyle, it's worth it. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Wednesday and Friday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Realitywitheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram and Twitter. Reality with the King is a production of More Sauce by Stitcher. It is executive produced by Me, Carlos King, and Jasmine Heinley Brown. We are also produced by Lashik, Lotus Lee and Laporta Thomas. Additional production support by Corin Wallace, Engineering and music by Marcus
Speaker 3: Ham More Sauce