Speaker 1: All right, here we are. We're at the number four second date episode of the entire year.
Speaker 2: My god, you're planning a fun activity for a first date.
Speaker 3: Is there anything better than mini golf?
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Was fun and they have those little pencils, especially the ones where you can drink at it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got a little friendly competition, going a little playful flirting, and of course the windmills.
Speaker 3: That's the mood for hot Dutch style romance. On the eighteenth hole. At least you got a little fan. Yeah, you know what happens.
Speaker 2: So how in the world did one person almost end up in tears on a whole number nine? Oh oh, no, one got hit by a flying golf ball.
Speaker 3: But the dude says it is all his faults.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna find out what happened in your number four second date update of the year right.
Speaker 3: Now, Second date update.
Speaker 2: You guys know the term double date where you go out on a date along with like maybe a friend of yours who also.
Speaker 3: Has a date with them.
Speaker 4: Yes, two dates at the same time.
Speaker 1: I think everybody knows what a double date is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that everybody's on the same page because one of our listeners, Justin, went on a different kind of double date where he saw the same girl twice in one night.
Speaker 1: He went on two dates in one night. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, double date exactly, it's.
Speaker 1: Av second date update, and then we'd be too close to that, So okay, we'll go with your Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a different twist on the term.
Speaker 2: And I'm just curious after dates there you go, Justin, what did she say when you snuck up behind her?
Speaker 3: She was trying to get into her car.
Speaker 1: Joking.
Speaker 5: I think it didn't really work out that way.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, you double date differently than I do, so I guess start from the beginning of your first part of the date.
Speaker 3: What's this girl's name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Tracy?
Speaker 1: Okay, and how do you arrange the first hangout?
Speaker 5: We actually met on him Jan We had been chatting for a while and then we decided to go out play mini golf, something that we both were into, and uh, you know, it's kind of interactive. It's easy.
Speaker 2: I apologize for my female host, she's not really a fan of fun.
Speaker 1: No, it's just often people don't describe themselves as into mini golf. You know what I mean, like, you do it, but you're not in it.
Speaker 4: You throw the idea out and people go, oh, that sounds fun, but no one it's like, oh my god, I did nine rounds last week.
Speaker 3: I'm so ready for.
Speaker 5: Justin.
Speaker 2: Would you like to apologize for the way that you worded that to us?
Speaker 5: I guess when I brought up the idea, she was into it.
Speaker 3: I was, yeah, we get it, we got it just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just going to make this as difficult as possible, so keep going.
Speaker 3: We'll keep roasting you perfect.
Speaker 5: So we had a good time. Honestly, we like played for a while. At one point I decided to play a joke on her. So when she turned around to put, I hid behind one of those take mountains that they have, and I was back there for a bit and she was calling my name.
Speaker 6: You hit?
Speaker 5: I heard her say, Did I seriously just get ditched again on a date?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 3: That's what I heard? Sad, what has happened to her before?
Speaker 1: You can't jump out and yell surprise after she says.
Speaker 3: That out loud, Yeah, now you actually have to leave? Did you hear him leave? Like right away? So what would you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I felt really bad, but I was having fun, so I just kind of came out and surprised her. She definitely was a bit put off at first, I think, Yeah, but she started laughing regardless. I think it was a funny moment.
Speaker 1: She was angry and embarrassment, it was funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, she must have been really relieved to find out that she wasn't actually getting ditched. So the only place for the state to go is up from here.
Speaker 4: In your defense, bro, you didn't know that she had been left on dates before, and you weren't trying to trigger anything.
Speaker 3: You were just having fun. Is funny regardless, It was a good attempt.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Like, it wasn't really like that thought out. It's kind of was in the moment type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did finally laugh about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after she stopped crying. She laughed about it.
Speaker 3: Oh she was crying.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh your sense of humor, it's it's even darker than mine.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So was that like the middle of the night or did you have a lot of hangout time after that?
Speaker 5: So after that, we ended up going back to her apartment and we hung out we had some drinks, and towards the end, she was a bit tired to have a long day, so we just kind of wrapped things up and we planned to see each other again. So I went outside. I get to my car, and I realized someone slashed my caire.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh god? What maybe that she was branking you back.
Speaker 1: Slash your tired? Do you have like a crazy X or something else?
Speaker 5: Because that's like serious, No, not that I know of, So this was random, I guess. So I didn't know who it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, she could have a crazy X too. Oh I feel like that in the driveway, but hopefully not. What was it like going back to her door and telling her what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, First off, she didn't really live in the greatest neighborhood, so at that point it was kind of like, I need to kind of get out of here, and I didn't want to wait on the sidewalk for triple A or whatever, so I went back there. I mean, she was shocked that it happened, but like she invited me back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet she felt so bad. I mean, even though it's not her fault, right, Like whenever somebody comes over to my house, and something bad happens in my neighborhood. I'm like, oh my gosh, there's someone in my apartment parking garage. Yeah, like so embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Okay, so does that mean that you ended up staying the night at her place?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Oh, silver lining, but I stayed on the couch. I didn't like standy can bet or anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, was everything okay? The next morning between you two?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Actually, so the next morning, Triple A came. While we're waiting for them to change my tire or whatnot. We had orange juice split a bagel. It was nice. Actually, is this.
Speaker 4: The second date?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think him going back into her in the same night that would be the double version of the dates.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I mean, guys, I even got a quick kiss too far I left, so I definitely think it ended on.
Speaker 1: A high orange dude, and you didn't have a toothbrush with you, so that says a lot that she would give you a finger.
Speaker 3: One orange.
Speaker 5: Okay, we weren't going full throttle, but I got a kick.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a mouth kiss then, yeah, well it could be like, oh I feel bad for you forehead sort of kiss. Where were you guys thinking? I know you guys, I need to go like wash my brain out.
Speaker 3: Of whatever thoughts.
Speaker 1: Problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're poisoning me.
Speaker 2: And once we're all fresh and clean, we'll come back and do a very clean version of a second date update. I mean, I can't promise that, but fingers crossed, I'm hoping keep it clean.
Speaker 3: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, our listener Justin had his first date end with his car tire randomly getting slashed.
Speaker 3: So we know he lives in a Lexus's neighborhood, but.
Speaker 1: Our cars get stolen, all four tires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this specific incident happened outside of his date's apartment, so he kind of turned it into hey, it's kind of late for me to get a toe right now, so is it cool if I stayed the night and he did. He even got a kiss the next morning. But ever since then, his date, Tracy seems to be avoiding him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is strange.
Speaker 4: I mean, was a quickpeck that bad?
Speaker 1: Like I said, he didn't have a toothbrush, so maybe it was.
Speaker 6: Justin.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that's going through your mind for why Tracy's avoiding you?
Speaker 5: I mean, I can't really think of it. I liked her, I thought it was a great date. Unless it was like the mini golf situation. I don't know, because.
Speaker 2: You tried to prank her at the mini golf course by hiding behind a mountain for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not for a second. She thought that she got ditched again, do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Just long enough for her to shed tears.
Speaker 1: Although it did sound like you guys recovered because you didn't go back to her place she invited you there. So maybe there's just maybe there's just some simple misunderstanding we're going to fix.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, on this show, it's always like a simple reason and easy misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: It never gets weird.
Speaker 1: There's the first time for everything, Jeff, and I am an optimistic person. Oh, alexis I am?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's just dial Tracy and see if she answers?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hey is this Tracy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? This is Tracy?
Speaker 3: Hey, well I.
Speaker 1: Know she is, isn't she?
Speaker 3: Good morning? And this is j Sorry Jeff, do your job, bro, we're a whole show.
Speaker 2: I was gonna let you guess a few times. But game, Yeah, if you don't want to play the game, I guess we're a radio show.
Speaker 3: We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: We don't need to go through all the inns you want to say you are before. I'm just tell her why we're okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're not doing that. We're not doing the fun version of this segment today. We're doing the straight down to business version where we ask you, why aren't you calling back our friend justin after you went on a date with him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had to explain the segment first.
Speaker 3: You don't want to have fun with you.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to tear the band aid off like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, put the band aid back on. We're doing a segment. It's a fun one called second Date Update. Did you hang up Tracy the.
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, sorry, you know what?
Speaker 3: Jeff lost another one.
Speaker 2: I probably shouldn't be asking any more questions, brook Brook asked or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we heard that you went on a date. Now I forgot the guy's face.
Speaker 6: I should not be talking to him anymore. I don't know how much you know, but there are some really, really sketchy things that happened that night.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Whoa to him?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't condone people hiding behind mountains and acting like they ditched you mid date.
Speaker 3: If that's what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did. He tell us about the mini golf incident.
Speaker 6: Thought, that's not what I'm talking about. I felt like I was lied to.
Speaker 1: Did you catch him in a lie you're saying?
Speaker 6: Or I caught him in a lie? Oh that's why I've not been calling him back.
Speaker 3: Okay, does he know about this?
Speaker 5: Because he doesn't know that.
Speaker 1: I know he doesn't know that. You know, Oh.
Speaker 6: He knows what he did, but he doesn't know that I know what he did.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to call him out? I mean, that's what people tend to want to do when someone lies to them. You want to be like you No.
Speaker 6: He left the next morning, and a couple hours later, my apartment manager said he wanted to talk to me, and I was really confused because he's never wanted to talk to me about anything before, Like, I'm like my in trouble. And he told me that there was video surveillance of Justin slashing his own tire.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 6: He slashed his own tire so that he could come and stay.
Speaker 1: Yes, like I mean, it's dark on those surveillance things like.
Speaker 6: No, there was a street light right over the car and you could see very clearly that it was him. And then the reason my apartment manager contacted me about it is because you could see Justin walk up to my door.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's kind of scary, n your door. This is not gonna look good right now.
Speaker 2: We got a much different version, well not a much different, but a slightly different version of that story.
Speaker 3: When we talked to Justin about.
Speaker 1: It, she has proved, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Although you can like photoshop and video edit a lot of weird, that's what.
Speaker 1: The manager is doing.
Speaker 2: Some apartment managers are sketchy, and we should probably literally hear what Justin has to say about it, because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: That is, so he's on the other line, so he's been he's here, heard what I said.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have no idea he did not.
Speaker 6: I don't want to. I don't want to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Well, we need to at least hear what he has to say about this. If he's still there, Justin, are you are you there?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Justin I'm gonna step away and give you the floor here so you can explain yourself. I'm sure there's probably a very good reason for why you did that.
Speaker 1: I'm very nobles, always noble, slash one's own tire.
Speaker 3: Justin go ahead.
Speaker 5: I didn't see any cameras out there, so honestly, that's on me. I guess that's your Oh my god, listen. It was probably one of the best states I had in a really want time, and that's why I did it. I wanted some more time together. We got hang out. The no that is, I had a great time. Hey, you had a great time.
Speaker 6: I'm disgusting. I can't believe that somebody would actually stoop to that level and slash their own tires.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if it's any consolation, it wasn't cheap and it still cost me and fifty dollars. I thought, replaced my damn tire.
Speaker 1: That's your move. Your move is slashing your own tire, like you don't have confidence enough in your game.
Speaker 6: I just didn't.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I thought to make a great story down the line two failure reunions or wedding whatever. No one in.
Speaker 1: The history of the world has ever thought slashing tires is cute? You know, It's just it's like a story for the police.
Speaker 6: Maybe I felt really bad about it because this happened in my neighborhood. I felt like it was my fault. And now listening to this and his excuses, I don't care how much money it costs. That was really really kind of creepy.
Speaker 4: Total.
Speaker 1: It was just so manipulative, justin honestly, not really.
Speaker 5: I mean, guys these crazy things all the time, so they can spend time with girls like not that crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow, have you done this more than once?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm not a serial tire slasher, all right.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, Cereal, I said more than once.
Speaker 5: I did this one other time, and that was only when we were six months together. So it's not like I've done this a million times.
Speaker 2: One other so the last time it worked to get a long term relationship, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Actually, she was trying to break up with me last time, so it was sort of a different situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, you only pull this move out when you're really really desperate.
Speaker 1: Right before the restraining order takes effect. I mean, that's the type of move this is justin why why don't you feel bad? Why haven't you apologized?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm sorry, Like it was okay, it was my tire.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tracy, you've heard his explanation, which was he felt like it was the best state of his life and he just didn't want it to end.
Speaker 3: Is there any part of you that feels compassion for.
Speaker 6: Him but he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is clearly the need to mark the area better that says this area is under surveillance.
Speaker 1: If you're psycho and planning to slash your own tire, yeah.
Speaker 3: It'd be a nice warning.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: It's really really weird. And I I just think that you should have spent two hundred fifty dollars maybe taking me on on the date the next time, because I would have said.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, like buying flowers, doing normal things, not psychotic exactly.
Speaker 5: You guys are acting like I committed murder or something. I mean, I literally flashed my own tire and get over it.
Speaker 3: Guy, Oh my god, Well that's fair. Let's give him credit for not murdering on the first stid. Okay, he deserves credit for that.
Speaker 1: I can't believe we're looking at murder red flags right now. Yeah, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the player in the.
Speaker 3: Bar, Tracy.
Speaker 2: He's not a murderer, so ye, maybe that's enough to give him another chance.
Speaker 1: And the guy who obviously keeps a knife on him for his tire slash, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: His car it was a screwdriver, oh whatever it was.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I think that this one's definitely an.
Speaker 3: Furniture for you.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, you're missing out listen. I'm pretty crafty, romantic, all of it.
Speaker 3: So I stole you these flowers.
Speaker 1: That's why your ex girlfriend stuck around.
Speaker 5: I mean she stayed around a couple more months after I flashed my title.
Speaker 1: So let's sweet manipulated her.
Speaker 2: Okay, justin man, look, I'm sorry, I'm not well. Tracy doesn't want to go out with you. Clearly this isn't going to work.
Speaker 1: Ever, it won't ever work if you do this.
Speaker 5: I mean you're probably fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, that's optimistic, probably, And if you aren't happy with our services to you today, just remember Brooks car is the ev Subaru that's.
Speaker 3: Parked under near building.
Speaker 6: Okay, so go to that one.
Speaker 3: It's working. Jeffrey in the morning man.
Speaker 2: We got to write a book on unique ways to woo a woman.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Chapter five, gaining sympathy by slashing your own car tires and blaming her crappy neighborhood for you.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should also write a book. The title should be like how to Spot a Psycho? Yeah, yeah, Psychos for Dummies. That could be good that we'll do.
Speaker 3: The sequel, that's the sequel to this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dummies for psychos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know options here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we're gonna have so many best sellers when we're done writing all this stuff up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it didn't work out today.
Speaker 2: The good news is we do have hundreds of successful phone calls that we have done for other couples.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel we can get anyone together.
Speaker 4: There's like a tire repair woman out there who loves this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah she didn't hear the break.
Speaker 1: Yet, Okay, so yeah, there's a tire shop that loves his idioticity.
Speaker 3: But absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you can find all of our second date updates wherever you get your podcasts on Spotify, Apple wherever. Type in Brooke and Jeffrey's Second Date Update, Brook
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey in the Morning