Speaker 1: You're really into fascinating things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, of course I.
Speaker 3: Like having a fascinator on my head.
Speaker 1: Oh I forgot that's what they were called. That is, So.
Speaker 2: Can we make this a video episode that's I've Got My Love a fascinating.
Speaker 1: Miles Gray stars in season four Bridgerton.
Speaker 3: Tiny Beanie to Fascinator.
Speaker 1: Diamond.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, because isn't the Yeah, because they're just now getting the gay stuff popping on.
Speaker 1: Bridgerton If you, honey, if you didn't think that was gay before.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean like now with like the one dude, because the one brother was having those like wild he was hooking up this last season. Right. Oh yeah, I guess I'm saying like that where it's like more like rather than like I think so and So, it's I think Crested does in love with So. It's more like no, no, no, they fucking.
Speaker 3: Stopped after season one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Jack stopped because it got the e I yeah, exactly like Indian women. I hate those season two.
Speaker 3: More of the guy talking about how he can't bust inside because.
Speaker 1: Of his dad. I remember when everybody started watching like a little bit later than all the women who were watching, and they were like, this is what it's about. I'm like, yeah, we're warning.
Speaker 4: Come on, Yeah, when is he gonna bust pies of cream?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Alright? Making a bad cream part in it?
Speaker 5: In it, Put me in it, Put me cream in it.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, seventy five, Episode four.
Speaker 2: US.
Speaker 3: Like, guys, damn son, where'd you find those?
Speaker 2: I fucked it up.
Speaker 3: I had it going before, but uh, my voice, my voice failed.
Speaker 2: Yogurt Old Yogurt, Yogurt Throat.
Speaker 3: It's a production by Heart Radios podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness and it Thursday, February thirteenth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also National Cheddar Day, National Toordelini Day, and Gallantine Day, which I thought is that I always knew that from Parks and Rec. But it might it's probably like a real thing. No, it's from Parks and Rec.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: They were just like, well, it's also a real thing, and that's why I'm here with you guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, the gal in Chief exactly, the g S. My name is Jack O'Brien aka jack OWEGI man g O'Brien. That one courtesy a foolish Wizard Underscore on the discord said, has.
Speaker 2: Anyone done this yet?
Speaker 3: Said? Maybe sounds familiar, but I like it. So shout out to you, foolish wizard and your name, as your name suggests, you know, you're not promising to know everything. You're a foolish wizard, so we'll allow. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 2: Miles Gray. What is it the flames? Shout out to Steaming Chuck on the discord, timely fire reference. Uh, and I don't mind them, you know I have. I'm I'm really quite said about the whole thing right now. But yeah, that one side, man, now you can't what is it? The flames? Jokes?
Speaker 4: Flames?
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know this is this is going to be an interesting episode because one of my my biggest ops is now on on Mike with Us today, and you know we're gonna go we'll hash that out in a second.
Speaker 3: I mean, somebody who's I think admitted on my best on my.
Speaker 2: Edison is paying her a lot of money to a mid folk in.
Speaker 3: Our third seat, a hilarious stand up comedian, writer, amateur fire starter actor improviser I couldn't think of the word for arsonist, amateur artist, prodigy, improviser. You can catch her on stand up stages everywhere. Go check her website and at the monthly Facial Recognition comedy show, which he also produces.
Speaker 2: It's probably.
Speaker 1: Prodigy, iral prodigy.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah. So to catch people up, Miles, your house burned down in the fires, and you were out for a month. And while you were out, Paul of You filled in for you a lot and admitted that it was all part of the disc plan.
Speaker 1: I started the fire, I did.
Speaker 2: It wasn't burning until I burned it. Uh yeah, no, no, I'm look again, I'm pretty sure it was SoCal Edison based on everything I'm saying, so as much as I I can't because I can't sue you yet. Pology, but I can't sue Southern California Edison.
Speaker 1: Well off my mask and it's so.
Speaker 2: Cal Your three soled in a podcaster's outfit.
Speaker 3: Whoa Thomas Edison, But he has like a crunchy surfer vibe that as a as a mascot.
Speaker 2: He's a racist surfer from Huntington Beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly Edison with a flat brim hat and those I have.
Speaker 1: An idea and it's like a light bulb on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, idea for like the wall chaw bro.
Speaker 3: Well, Paul of you were thrilled to have you back once again. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better.
Speaker 2: In the moment.
Speaker 3: First, a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about the little, the fun little press conference with Elon Musk, a baby and Elon Musk's son. No baby, stupid cheeto orange anyways. Uh yeah, No, Elon Musk did a press conference, a joint presser with Donald Trump and baby and then just proceeded to act like Donald Trump wasn't even there. Donald Trump looked very I don't know, it was not alpha mode Trump. And you know, a lot of people are concerned.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about inflation being all the way up. Nothing can stop it. It's all the way up. We'll talk about you know, Trump, Trump is blaming Biden. But this seems to be where we're headed, assuming inflation is what we think it is and not what the mainstream media seems to think it is. And we'll check in with Google maps. You know, we talked Miles you guys talked yesterday about how they changed it from a Gulf of Mexico to Gulf of America, and we just want to take a look behind the curtain of how those decisions get made at Google Maps. They tend to be very shrouded in secrecy and also willing to do whatever authoritarians to tend them to do.
Speaker 2: Tell them to hell ya, hell yah, hell ya.
Speaker 3: We might talk about that fake anti Kanye AI and fake plenty more, but first, Pallaviganalin, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: How to set a fire and get away with no my search history? I keep starching for this is how I spend my time. I'm very unemployed, I very need a job. I keep searching for different pictures of Count orlog from nos Faratu twenty twenty four, just to meme him.
Speaker 2: Jesus, because there was like one tweet yesterday that was like, I love being alone in my house and.
Speaker 1: Just getting more evil. So I did the Count Warlock with the speech bubble, and then also the entire time I watched that movie, I couldn't get the sonic villain out of my head, like Jim Carrey's villain, Like the mustache made them the same to me. So I've just fixated on that on Count Warlock from No Saratu because of that. I don't know the.
Speaker 3: Mustache made doctor's Jim Carrey mustache flew from his face onto Count Warlocks like that. Yea yeah yeah, big big old mustaches having a having a big day. I don't know if that portends anything historically.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Have there been weird authoritarians with weird mustaches? Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Probably don't look at any involved in the Confederacy, right, Yeah, from the Confederacy.
Speaker 1: That is so funny because like that's the South, but also that's South India, like South Indian thumbel like actors all have giant mustaches, like they're all just thick, like it's very masculine and they've got them like my I looked at a picture of my dad from when he and my mom first started dating, when they were seventeen. Full mustache, just like full seventeen. Yes, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: If you can hide your mustache behind your shoe, then it's not big enough, you know, like that that shit needs to be larger than your foot.
Speaker 2: People, They're like, what, you take your.
Speaker 3: Shoe and put it over your face and if you if it's concealing your mustache, then you've failed.
Speaker 1: Is this like the if your hand can fit over here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, you put your foot into your face.
Speaker 2: Puv.
Speaker 3: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay, something I think that's underrated. This may be a story tomorrow. Oh my god, did I lose it? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this may be a story tomorrow that you talk about more because it might have gained traction by then. But this is like a news thing. I think medicine is underrated, especially right now. There is somebody who is like related to Jade Vance through marriage or something. She is a young girl who was she's twelve years old. She was adopted into this family that is like a non denominational Christian family. She's from China when she was four years old. She has heart issues. They knew she would be required to have a heart transplant at some point in her life, and Cincinnati Children's won't put their twelve year old daughter on this heart trans plant list because she her parents refuse to get her vaccinated for like COVID and something else, and like if you don't get vaccinated, then you are more likely to get infections, the organ is less likely to less as in she will die. And her parents are like, well, we shouldn't have to do that. So they're fundraising off of it and acting like they're in the right, and I think this is abuse. I think this has so many different strands to it. There's like transracial adoption, this weird evangelical adoption thing issues that have like those people putting their beliefs on these children. And it's also abuse, like she should be able to get the vaccine if it prevents, you know, especially just in general, but especially in order to get this heart transplant and be put on this list. So I think especially right now because I am sick, I'm taking cough medicine I'm taking I just love being over thirty and taking ibuprofen because I exist. And so I think what it's underrated right now is like medical advances and we need to embrace them and we need to understand them and appreciate them because we may not all always get them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we.
Speaker 3: Live in an age of wonders. We might not very soon, but we did for yeah, medicine was really on one there for I think we're going to look back and be like, man, it's pretty fucking list fucking crazy. Do you remember when like we didn't have iron lungs built into homes because of the polio outbreaks?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really like in theory, I guess eight years ago or when whenever this child was adopted, it's like they're being adopted by a family that's like related to the person who's going to be the vice president of America. Like and now it's like, of all the directions that young person's life could have taken at adoption, that is the worst one. Like that is that is where we live now. We just need to wrap our minds around the fact that like this, when people look back, they're going to look back on people living in the United States at this time and be like, god, damn, that must have been fucking weird.
Speaker 2: They're gonna call the dark ages again the bodies. But we look at we were in our outfits in the mirrors are like, are we the baddies not? I mean, I am this as doing all the talking for me? Baby?
Speaker 3: What is something, Caul? Do you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: I think like Beyonce's Cowboy Carter Door is so overrated and no one should buy tickets on Friday and go and like everybody should just log off of Ticketmaster and get out of the Q thin so.
Speaker 5: Hitty and creatively and if you like, and if you made the mistake of buying tickets, you should just like you sell them a lot, sell them for.
Speaker 1: Like super cheap. Like my dms are open because I love doing charity or whatever, so like I'll buy them, I guess.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it is your charity of choice, which is I'll.
Speaker 1: Buy two tickets in like the center or whatever, you know, like too far back, but not too low that you can't see everything from the top, you know what I mean. Like anyways, I think it's gonna be really overrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear, it sucks. It sucksh you guys you should get get out while you can on this Cowboy Carter tour.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, the the prices I've seen are fucking astro fucking nomical, Like I couldn't be like even shitty seats.
Speaker 2: You're like, well you got you ready to come up off like a thousand dollars? Whoa Sometimes, I mean Beyonce you are a billionaire. Isn't she a billionaire at this point? Brought to be on the break on the precipice of or maybe her and her her controversial husband's combined wealth. But I'm like, you gotta make the tickets cheaper. Be come on, now, make the tickets a fuck a little bit cheaper, a little bit cheaper. But hey, make money. I guess at the end of the day, that is our god here, that is our number one god.
Speaker 3: Make money between egg companies making prices better, Beyonce. I mean, the egg companies are artists. I'm gonna say, the egg companies are artists and the work they do like that, let them cook when it comes to pricing.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like Renaissance tickets weren't as expensive as this.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're all getting squeezed, y'all.
Speaker 1: We're all getting squeeze And the worst part is, like this is all that's distracting us from our impending doom. Like we were like watching the Kendrick Lamars halftime show, just losing our minds because we didn't want to have to think about anything else that's happening. Right Like it was incredible. It was amazing, but also like bad things are happening every single day, and so like we need art more than ever to help us and like inspire us and everything. And now it's like very expensive to go see our favorite I know, our faves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it reminds you again of what's tear like just tearing this country down. It's like, oh right, nothing is attainable for anyone.
Speaker 1: It feels like, oh, like why would we give a shit about credit card debt if like our family members are dying or what you know what I mean or getting laid off from like their federal jobs that they've had for decades, Like why would we care about credit card? Like nothing is real.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's probably going to be some like uptick in that kind of behavior, especially from right wing people, seeing how like lawless Trump is, Like that trickles down in ways like you're already seeing like the people who have been pardoned from January sixth, like be like, hey, I need my other crimes fucking pardoned too. Like while you're at it, like I guess I was stocking Obama or something. Can you just like wipe back clean?
Speaker 4: Like I feel like my mom stocking fucking in love with that guy.
Speaker 2: Do you have his number? But like, yeah, I can. I can see how that's like in the same way, like there was like those group of QAnon people who are who got all in on certain QAnon leaders who they're like there will be no debts when the new order comes to pass in the world, so just yeah, exactly, but maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: That's like me now, but with Beyonce, there will be.
Speaker 2: No credit card debt once I see the Cowboy Carter tour on in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Kendrick halftime show is the most watched halftime show.
Speaker 2: Evermost racist halftime show ever.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Well, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Loved America because all the flags in the colors, so like that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: But mostly it all depends on your level of media literacy. There was a guy who like, on I think it was Newsmax, is like this little rapper comes out in bell bottoms.
Speaker 1: He's like, that's gender referring.
Speaker 3: I do wish people are like just a reminder before we bring this back, like showing the boot cut with like the soaking bottoms, you know, right right right, like when those would get wet, the bottom of your jeans would just be wet as ship, because that would have been dope if he came out and his bootcut jeans were just wet, like all the way on the heels. Yeah, but yeah, I'm just because I guess it was the most watched super Bowl and so people just stuck around for the halftime show. But it is interesting to me, like, what is is it that America is so racist?
Speaker 2: They're the people who hated.
Speaker 3: It were like, I'm gonna watch this ship and have some takes, baby, Like what did they think they were gonna get from?
Speaker 2: Well, And that's what's funny, is like it was such a rorshack test depending on where you come from, and like for people who who know who know us up, like that was fucking that was very specific for us. Thank you, I love it. And then other people either took it as it's patriotic. One guy said, He's like I've never seen like such uh like this is a quote he said. And for a leak so obsessed with diversity as the NFL is, maybe you noticed last night's halftime show was the first ever that we can recall that was fully monochromatic as far as race.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: Oh, interesting point.
Speaker 3: So maybe, yeah, you are the racism in the end m more than eleven.
Speaker 2: So you're saying it needed more diversity. Yeah, yeah, there's a lack of divers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're arguing for diversity.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, like Taylor Swift crip walking up there, like it would be such a.
Speaker 2: Trappis Her ankles would have broken, she would have been all hunched over the universe would not have allowed Taylor Swift to sea walk in public?
Speaker 3: And how much time do you think she has tried to sea walk behind closed doors?
Speaker 1: Am I not allowed to say the full work because you guys keep saying see walk.
Speaker 3: No, that's just what I've always heard it referred.
Speaker 2: That's just how we do, that's how that's how you know, we're just.
Speaker 3: So used to saying crip walk, like we're tired of it. We're always talking about crip walking guys too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I'm sure she It probably is like a thing where you know, like I think most people do this, like they'll be on TikTok and they see like a little dance, let me see if I could hit that really quick, put my phone down, and then they're like, no, I just don't know how to do the heel toe. I don't just know she did.
Speaker 1: She had a choreographer because she wasn't just doing the sea walk. She was doing like other little moves, but like there was like behind the scenes of her preparing and like there was the choreographer and like telling her when to come out and stuff, and it was I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I mean she was walking back in at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: De Yeah. But they like they you know, it's like a professional thing, so you have to like little aspect of it.
Speaker 3: You're dancing in the Super Bowl halftime show, you gotta do what the choreographer tells.
Speaker 1: You, unless you're got a fucking awesome ass flag and then.
Speaker 2: You get Yeah, part of me low key was there like yeah, you go do your thing, bro. Well, but just so you know, we're gonna act like we don't know what the fuck what that was about. I loved it, I know, and like gas that dancer was banned from the NFL for Lifecome.
Speaker 3: Back to next year's who do we think is next year? In response, is it like.
Speaker 2: Luke Kid rock features like Shaboozi probably like a way, like yeah, yes, it's like a little country but also and guess what cowboy Troy?
Speaker 1: What's a cowboy Troy one of the first country rapperds.
Speaker 2: Oh, really be like twenty years.
Speaker 3: Ago, it is not for me, and I won't be watching it, and then I won't be like going on social media being like what.
Speaker 2: The fuck was that?
Speaker 3: Next year outright? Yeah, when they do a country medley, I mean for this show, I'll probably watch it, but like, I don't know, it's so easy to be like this isn't for me. But man, they really some elderly whites really watched the ship out of that halftime show.
Speaker 2: I remember there was one like wow, I'm trying to find I think, did you too do it? One year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh two thousand and two. I remember that was like the time when I was like, bro, who is this shiit for?
Speaker 1: We were automatically subscribed to watching them, We had to. It just appeared on our TV's, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Were funny to see how you can tell who's kind of making the decisions at the league, because like before that, the year in two thousand, it was Phil Collins, Christina Aguilera, like Enrique and Glacy Iglesias. Then Aerosmith in sync then you two, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Britney Spears one is iconic. She was that's tubs, Yeah, that was that.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 3: Hey those tube socks, man, those tube socks on her arms.
Speaker 2: Dude, big bag Daddy and Savion Glover in nineteen ninety nine. Holy shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like there's there's a period where it was just like easy listening. They were just like I just heard this person on my local Kiss FM.
Speaker 1: I think all no save on Glover Slander. That man was my first crush. He was incredible. He taught snuffle up a guess how to tap dance, and that is not easy listening. That is rhythmic listening.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I mean that's fair. I was bringing in the noise and the funk.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah, Miles always does. That's actually part of his contract. I will do this show as long as I'm permitted to both bring in the noise and the funk.
Speaker 1: AM to the PMPM to the AM.
Speaker 2: I remember I remember going to the live show, like at the Kodak Theater at the time, and I was like so excited. I got so fucked up on edibles I passed out the whole show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And my friend like woke me up. He's like it's over, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, right, wasn't. I was like, what a fucking wastrel. I was wastefrel. Sorry, wastrel leftoid. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: And so I missed that.
Speaker 2: I was out.
Speaker 3: I was under the knife yesterday.
Speaker 2: So I'm not. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just had like mine.
Speaker 1: And your BBL looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Leg surgery. Yeah, I know what that means. Like I said, Jack, you can't be sitting on it. You have to be at your stomach.
Speaker 3: I end up sitting about four inches higher. Once the swelling goes down, be like two inches higher.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna heal right if you sit on it. I keep telling you that someone who's stuff it was someone who's healing, you know what I mean. I had to lay on my stomach for a few days. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But so there was a there was a presser in the Oval office where they were like, we got to get out ahead of people seem seem to have questions about what Elon Musk is doing. Let's have him and Donald Trump answer some questions. And it was a bad look for America, but also Donald Trump, I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you didn't see it, dude, Elon Musk was standing behind the resolute desk and with his like with his kid with grimes, picking his nose, talking about like.
Speaker 6: No, like what I'm trying to do is like it's a bureaucracy is taking over and if we don't just mumble, just mumble fest when he's being asked direct questions about just the fucking dip shittery that's happening with doge.
Speaker 1: And okay, we'll take picking your nose slander. First of all, that's an effective way to the dirt.
Speaker 3: Picking your nose, yes, yes, yes, how you get out the noise on the funk from your nose.
Speaker 2: Like one of the just like just fucked up parts of this was Trump was just sat at the desk, just sitting idly by, like some confused elder person trying.
Speaker 1: To slam the coke button over and over again. Yeah exactly, and like just like that's the wrong one, but I'll use it. I'll use it.
Speaker 2: It felt like, you know, like those situations like when like a younger person marries like an older wealthy person clearly and calling all the shots. Yeah, that is exactly what it felt. That's what it felt like. It was like, this is like, and I don't care about Trump, but this is like has the weirdest elder abuse vibes I've ever seen. Where it's like because Elon Musk spoke more than Donald Trump from the Oval Office, was even interrupting Donald Trump as he was, and many onlookers like, how can this happen? I mean, it's pretty clear that Elon Musk is the actual leader of this country and Trump is merely like the vessel to act out his will. Because everything with Trump is like always has to do with money and his like money problems or his lack of money, or the fact that he wants more money. And when you look at those like him owing Eg and Carol like nearly one hundred million dollars, owing like almost a half billion dollars to the State of New York just from decisions like legal decisions from the last year. Having literally the richest man ever at your side, it just makes it clear how transactional this relationship is. And also Trump's just general fascination with hyper wealthy people. It's like he's obsessed with people that are so wealthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've talked about people before being like I can tell him whatever I want to because I'm richer than him. And the only thing he respects is like somebody who made more money than him, because it's just like he views that as like intelligence test. And because Elon Musk is richest person ever, he is going to respect him more than ever. Like that's the thing. I think a lot of people are like, oo, Elon Musk really stepped in it this time. No, he you know, just like Bannon. He's getting too much of the credit. And Bannon got banished after you know, taking on too much credits. Like yeah, but Bannon was like, you know, he was a political advisor. Elon Musk is like Trump's idol basically, and that he's the richest guy in the world, he's going to be able to tell. And also Trump like doesn't like firing people in person, like he's not like that the whole like your fired thing like Bill Eyes. The fact that he's like actually a baby about that stuff. He would like have other people fire people for him. So I feel like he's We've got Elon to stay.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Yeah, I feel like if he would have been fired, It would have happened by now. Yeah, I mean we'll see I like showing solidarity with him.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: It feels like now we're approaching where like mainstream media is realizing like, oh, we should keep saying calling him President Musk. Like I'm seeing that take good goal become a little bit more widespread. I feel like that's like the only shot maybe to like unsettle things is for Trump to be like for everyone to be like, you know, you're not even the president, like you don't even think you're the fucking president. Loser. But again, I have a feeling the promise of whatever, you know, money or whatever that he needs to write his own financialship is probably more of a potent offer than anything. But this clip I'll play just of like, you know, he's being asked very directly. It was like people are saying, you know, you're orchestrating like a hostile takeover of the government, and this is old fuck Face's answer to that. And by that I mean President Musk.
Speaker 4: Backtors, mister Musk, including a lot of Democrats.
Speaker 8: I have detractors, sir, I don't believe.
Speaker 1: This, say that you're orchestrating a hostile.
Speaker 2: Takeover of government and doing it in a non transparent way.
Speaker 1: What's your response to that criticism.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, you couldn't ask for a stronger manage from the public. The public voted. We have a majority of the public vote voting for President. Trump won the House, who won the Senate. The people voted for major cup and reform. That should be no doubt about that. That was on the campaign. The president spoke about that at every rally. The people voted for it.
Speaker 2: Just Trump's not saying anything at all, Like it's truly like he's in the cuck's chair behind the resolute desk while Elon is having his way with the country basically, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, actually, for everyone listening, that was the point at which Elon lifted Trump over his head on his shoulders and playing with Elon's hair. Yeah, that was the point at which that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean again, I wouldn't say that just getting squeaking by with a few, like two million more votes than your opponent is saying you have the strongest managed mandate of all time. Actually, look at your razor in the House, Like, again, this is all nonsense. But this is where this is where we're at. I mean again, it really illustrates's kind of truly how dire this situation is. Trump is totally gone mentally like he has It's like he this time around, he's outsourcing all decision making to Musk and the Project twenty twenty five freaks, and the combination of that just feels like, Oh, this this ends in like catastrophe that like we're all going to have to deal with, not like political catastrophe, like physical catastrophe that I don't even know. It's completely like there's no one's behind the wheel, you mean, like planes crashing and shit like whatever it is. I just don't know. I mean, like with just how aggressive they are, with no any thought going into anything aside from like we need to completely change everything. I lack of thought.
Speaker 1: I feel like not giving them credit. I think that they know exactly what's gonna happen, and they want that to happen, and they know that rich people are going to be fun and poor people and middle class people are going to be fucked, and I think that's like by design, and I think they know exactly no.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying obviously, like there is definitely the chaos that they need to manufacture for them to like redistribute wealth and things like that. But I'm talking about like things like on just like small levels, like with national security or science stuff, things are just going to be missed to the point where they probably don't care, Like I agree, like they they're probably like maybe something happens, maybe a couple of terrible incidents happen, or with national security event that you know, tragedies occur. But it's just like the focus is just all over the place on these like very narrow things. I'm like, this, this isn't going to run in any capacity that works for anyone. I mean, I guess again for the oligarchs who are all in line now to just you know, help, yeah, bring that.
Speaker 1: I also I also liked how in that same press conference he was like saying this thing about the mandid. He was saying this thing about how the voters voted for this, and then simultaneously when a reporter was like, hey, like you also said the thing about how Hamas got fifty million dollars in condoms and that was wrong and it was goazla Mozambique and all of this stuff. Are you going to like correct that he was like, well, I will get stuff wrong and then it will be corrected. And I'm like, okay, so you think the voters voted for you to be a fuck up? Like that's what you think? How are we supposed to know what you just said was wrong? Like it doesn't even.
Speaker 3: I guess that's my question, right, is like when the things go catastrophically wrong, and we've like seen some direct examples of that, like like the you know, firing of the head of the FAA and contributing to the understaffing of an already understaffed profession in air traffic controllers, and you know, an actual like first commercial air crash in over a decade happens, and there's just like nothing that Like, I guess I'm just trying to figure out, like what in this new world do the consequences look like when things.
Speaker 2: Go horribly wrong.
Speaker 3: As a direct result of Elon Musk and Donald Trump's actions, we have the Democratic Party chanting we will win hopefully they get their shit together a little bit more, but like everybody else seems to be so fully in line. I guess I'm just trying to like figure out what that looks like. You know what the consequences could like.
Speaker 2: I mean, just looking at how these people operate in their day to day lives, there is no there is no accountability that they ever exactly. So it'll it's just like with the inflation, like Trump art is calling it Biden and Biden inflation right now.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, we talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 2: You're the fucking president. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Wait, also didn't he like he was talking about like the Canadian tariffs being all wrong and he was like the last one to adjust them or something like some I forget what it was, but it was something like that where he was like these were clearly done all wrong, and it was like him he was one who was in office who redid it to.
Speaker 3: Your dad complaining about the remote settings not being what it's like, this is this is your remote man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I mean the closest, the closest thing like in the form of backlash that i've can I mean I've read about even is just the fact that Republican members of Congress are getting like calls and letters from their constituents were like yeah, like I'm I've voted for Donald Trump, but like I'm also I work for the federal government and I can't work right now, can like what the fuck's going on? Or other people is like I like these like this program that I like, that that I depend on is going away? Like what That's not what I need? What the fuck is Like? Who is this guy that's just trouncing around the White House doing whatever the fuck he wants. That's like the closest thing I've seen in terms of like the Republican members of Congress having to deal with the fact that their cl mentality is affecting their constituents. And Dave responded with like these very like Susan Collins esque like letters of like I'm concerned, like you know. One letter represented Mike Flood from Nebraska. He describes that DOJ's work as stressful and then offered assurances, and he said that Scott Bessett, the Treasury Secretary, had quote told me to my face that mister Musk absolutely does not have full access to the federal payment system. And the congressman goes on to say he takes his pledge his he pledged to take his responsibility under the Constitution very seriously, especially with respects to Congress's power of the purse, but again, Musk is a fucking usurper, and they're just like, I don't know, I'm not really here to govern and just here to like be a rubber stamp, So I don't know, I don't know what I can do. But a lot of these letters too also end up inevitably having some kind of praise for Musk like wrapped up in it. So it's very strange, and I don't think, you know, we're not going to see anything amount too much in terms of pushback from like Republican lawmakers. I feel like the closest is going to be the like people that directly affected have something to say, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's like the inherent problem with Republicans in general, or these people who voted for Trump in general, is it's not your problem until it's your problem. It's like a basic case of not understanding empathy, and like by that point, the whole system is fucked. Like we can't wait around for that to happen. We can't wait around for you to be fucked, for you to vote correctly or for you to like care. That's like, that's the whole problem with the system, is this lack of empathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, absolutely, And again, like it's a thing that most of these people don't understand, is like when these people fully fuck this government, like the government up for obviously is it is not running well prior to this, but it gave some kind of structure at the very least. That's gonna fuck over literally everyone in terms of a certain socioeconomic status, doesn't matter what who you fucking voted for. And yeah, like like everything in America, it's like we have to react to a try Like it's like is that stove hot? All right? Let me touch it a little bit though to make sure, and then when you until you actually burn yourself, then it's like, okay, we got to turn stove off. Right.
Speaker 1: It's just so like upsetting that it's incumbent on the people who have the least empathy and like will be hurt the least, you know what I mean to like get their shit together. So it's I don't know, it's just really frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, should I Should.
Speaker 1: I burn more houses down?
Speaker 2: Or like what do you try me? Somebody's got somebody's got to do the work. Arson has practice.
Speaker 3: Le's uh, it's the most precise tool. Yeah, let's take a quick break and uh, we'll be right back with more stuff.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 3: And so you guys talked yesterday right that Google Maps has changed the official name of Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also talked about how order the Google's calendar has also removed any kind of like Pride or Heritage Month for any group out there, just gone, don't need, don't need acknowledge those anymore. Like they nuked Black History Month part halfway through a black Yeah, okay, Jesus.
Speaker 1: They saw Samuel L. Jackson pop out and they were like, Nope, not anymore.
Speaker 3: No, But yeah, this is this is kind of how things are moving right as everybody's scared of Trump and like willing to do what he wants in with regards to things that aren't going to help people, right, Like he's not gonna do anything about inflation, which seems like the one use of his authoritarianism that could help people.
Speaker 2: But he has never been able. He's never been able to build anything fucking meaningful in his goddamn life, aside from a couple of buildings with a name it. But like that, he's just incapable of that kind of shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah so, but this is actually pretty par for the course in with with regards to like the history of Google Maps. First of all, if you're using Google Maps in Mexico, it does still read Gulf of Mexico. Yeah so the but this is this is how they operate. They change things in whatever way they think is going to make the local administration happy. And yeah, they do it in like in India, the border with Pakistan is like different depending on whether you're viewing Google Maps in India or Pakistan. Like that's the They just have whatever whatever they think that side is going to want to see basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's the opportunistic business practices, whatever, whatever whoever I need to please, just so I can keep extracting money, then great, Yeah, we'll do whatever I can. Disappear whole nations if I have to. On our application, if.
Speaker 1: You google South America from the US, it just says the United States of South America. Did you know that? Did you know? It's like it has like our koup's planned for the next five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like or not really, I mean, what are you going to do. Who's gonna say, yeah, it's now labeled downstairs. United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the basement and the attic.
Speaker 3: Future United States of them future Florida, New Florida is Did you.
Speaker 1: Know they changed Europe and Asia to they just their Turkey is now just Hairland. Did you know that they hair and teeth. They're trying to exclude the confusion between the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, yeah, right? Could you imagine the all of Asia just say like the Orient and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, we're going away to get the Orient?
Speaker 1: Did my grandparents write this?
Speaker 3: Man's would be yes basically, but yeah, I mean it's influenced not just by like history and local laws, but apparently there's like diplomats involved, policymakers, their own executives at Google are all making these decisions, and it feels like they're basically catering to the whims of whoever is most powerful and have been like all along, like all of these things, like all of these norms, and like, well, the corporations are really the ones who are in charge. Has been a crisis in the making ever since that became true. Basically during the Clinton administration. I think when everything just became like, yeah, well, we're gonna run America in the language of corporations. We're going to talk about like allocating money to public programs as like investing in those programs, and we're gonna get like corporate sponsors and yeah, and so like. Contractors who work for Google Maps claim that they're often told to alter maps with no reason given, and that their changes take effect almost immediately, and they have an entire team known as the Disputed Region Team.
Speaker 1: There's some Did you guys see that viral video of Connor O'Malley describing this, No, I did find it.
Speaker 2: I saw a thumbnail of it, but I did actually watched it. It's like when he's standing up in front of like a projection, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna try and find it while you guys keep talking.
Speaker 2: No, I mean like this is very much you know, like with you know, regards to Palestine. There's even a thing where it's like, oh, like people are like, there's no Palestine. You deleted it, and they were like.
Speaker 9: Actually, we never never, never labeled it to begin with it, which is kind of which is weird, which are not wh weird, but like you look at the sort of map programs like Apple Maps zooms in on the region, but there's no label of anything like as Palestine, but bing maps yandex maps and map quest all on the right side, they actually like, no, that is that's Palestine.
Speaker 3: Right, But because they're not yeah, they're not powerful enough to have to make that decision, right right, you know what I'm saying it from Israel and Israel.
Speaker 1: Here and now bout to boom by to bing baby, we are coming back bing is bing supremaci.
Speaker 3: Yo becomes powerful enough that they will then crater to the influenza.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, right right right. But again, like Jesus Christ, it's always like these companies always use the fucking flimsiest logic to defend their just ridiculous behavior, like in this one, like well we didn't label the Palestine because there's no quote general agreement on the bodies that make up its territory. Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: And it's not just like theoretical either, like by not updating like they have like outdated and erroneous information on the West Bank, and so like drivers trying to drive on the West because of course, because there is an a frontide state, you need to be able to distinguish between unrestricted roads and ones that are only permitted to be used by Israelis, and because Google Maps refuses to do that, Palestinian drivers get sent if they're using Google Maps, they get sent on like really dangerous routes into places that they're not allowed to go because they're.
Speaker 2: Because of hard time, because apart time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love how like cartographers from the eighteen hundreds are like back on top now. They're like we were more accurate than like whatever the fuck you got going on now.
Speaker 3: Here there do be monsters, it turns out, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like just at the Google Maps, they're all it's like it really is like the business plot all over again. Now, like when you really look at how all of these tech people have are now truly inside the buildings, Like you just look at even the people that are running certain like who's running NASA is like Musk's friend who also runs a payment system that like could do away with regulations. Like everyone's just like yeah, now I have a gigantic seat at the table to do whatever, and I didn't even have to use guns.
Speaker 1: We're just I feel like insane, Like I feel like, you know how like banking like fucked over people who were already vulnerable from this system. And so those people like don't trust the banking system and like hide money under their mattresses. And then you're like, oh, that fucks you over on like interest and all this other stuff. But now I'm like, yeah, I want to hide money under my mattress. Like now I'm like, I want to use real money. I don't want to like use any of these systems. I want to go off the I feel insane. I feel crazy right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's not great. Part of the problem is Israel blocks GPS signals. But people are pressuring the company to make improvements to Google Maps that that actually benefit Palestinians.
Speaker 2: I wish that brought some kind of measure of comfort. But even when you saw the employees within Google who were like, I am not working on this fucking AI defense you know, offensive weapons system. Shit, No, they're like, all right, dude, get the fuck out then, and we will fucking throw you out of the building when you raise your voice in protest.
Speaker 1: Google street View will accidentally capture war crimes.
Speaker 3: Like right, whoops, whoops oop, sorry about that. Hey, did you guys see the fake anti Kanye ad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was fucking terrible.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't. Actually, what is.
Speaker 2: This fake ad deep fake ad where there are a lot of celebrities they having wearing a shirt that has like a middle finger on it with a star of David and it says like Kanye underneath, and it's like it's all deep fakes. But you get people like Drake or Marcus Zuckerberg or Adam Sandler and like, fucking I think wasn't like Woody Allen in there too, all in there basically given the finger to Kanye like in response to his swastika t shirt website super Bowl nonsense, But like it's just very It's it's so off base in so many ways where you're like you're using deep fakes again, and it makes it even like less meaningful when you have people who are depicted in this commercial be like I like obviously like like I'm not I'm not here to defend anti Semitism or Kanye West anyways. Like but also AI is absolutely terrible and like this has no place in sort of making a point about this when in fact it's going to be used as a tool by the very people who are actually spreading you know, the yeah, yeah, spreading hatred. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, like weirdly, all the people are like different ages like Mark Zuckerberg. It's like Mark Zuckerberg from fifteen years ago. Yeah, Like it's just it's your first clue.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why we need that like AI video if like, why do we need that AI video if we already have like Snoop Dogg and Tom Brady getting rid of hate? Like, I don't understand why we even need that.
Speaker 2: We need it more, We need it more now than ever. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know the specific politics of the people who made this T shirt. And obviously fuck Coanye West all the way like that, you know, but the like focusing on just being like that and this is why we're saying like anti Semitism has no place here, and then also you know, confusing that with like anybody who it supports the rights of Palestinian people being anti Semitic, Like yeah, it all feels like part of this weird broad.
Speaker 2: Well ru Yeah. And also it's but also like this thing specifically completely dilutes what the goal is of anyone who is actually interested in fighting hatred, and obviously like this one is this one is squarely aimed at Kanye was like when you're like and I got I got people to fake support their outrage for this. It's like, what the fuck is the point of this? Like you have other people being like, I don't need to be in this fucking thing, Like yeah for what? For what? It again? It just cheapens things because when there's like you have actual anti Semites in the fucking White House right now exactly, and you're and again not say Kanye West isn't, but like the emphasis is so fucking all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just that they're jumping on the Kanye thing. This person who's like kind of burning their career down by being like obviously like there's real mental health problems happening, and that they the second you know, they jump all over that. But when there's somebody who's like the most powerful person in the world, they're just like he had a weird armspasm twice, Yeah, while trying to say his heart.
Speaker 1: Are you neuro divergent? Has it made you anti Semitic? You may be entitled from all of the coppers of the Jewish cabal.
Speaker 2: This thing is just what the guy who made it, he identifies himself as a generative AI expert, creator and advertiser, sounds like someone with way too much time and a computer. Yeah but yeah, great, you've done it. You've roped in Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.
Speaker 3: Hey the reunion we've all been waiting for. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I mean weird that the super Bowl. Let Kanye have a fucking you know whoever? The powers that be of capitalism were like, yeah, he can have a what it's the market free speech, Let him have a super Bowl ad where he directs people to a place to buy swas to get shirts.
Speaker 2: The focus is a little too my opic here, like maybe also get mad at the people who fucking platform this bullshit in the first place.
Speaker 1: Also in exchange, the fuck is Candice Owens? Why is she going to be getting away scott free? Where the hell is she?
Speaker 3: Well, Paula Vey, what a pleasure having you as always on the daily Zeitgeist? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: You can find me at wherever Miles is currently just outside his home feet away. I am at Paula viganlan p A l A b I g U n A l En. But I'm just polivon Blue Sky, So that's cool. Got in there and I have my shows at the Comedy Store monthly facial recognition comedy. And I'm also like going to Portland insth and I'm probably going back to Texas. I'm trying to like do this tour thing. I'm trying to sell my fucking merch. I am unemployed. If you have remote work for me, dm me because a girl is broke. And I am also as lawless as those Republicans who think they can put everything on a credit card because everything is going to hell that we talked about. I'm at that stage mentally, I'm just like whatever, it's fine, and that's not gonna be good. So yeah, message me, find me, look for my shows. Shall I share a tweet?
Speaker 3: I was just about to ask you if there is a work in media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's crazy. Okay, it's three different ones. One I'm sorry. This is from anonymous at urinon news and it's a screenshot of somebody else's tweet, which makes sense. And it's the picture of the villain from Titanic holding on to a child, and it's it's you know, like when he's like trying to get on the boat. Yeah, elon musk going anywhere in public?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: I have a child bro the second Luigi Mangioni popped out. That was like, he was like, oh, you know what, I need a flesh bulletproof vest in the form of humanizing myself by always go around grimes. Baby, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: She responded that she was not happy about him being in public like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't know what to do digging in his nose and shit, everybody's doing that picture to be like look at this shit. I'm like, bro, there's a little of course, a four year old gonna be picking their nose.
Speaker 1: Or like a thirty six year old. It's fine. Anyways, I also have been looking at zoo babies. Okay. The second Tapeier taper Tapier, the Malayan Tapeier, was born at Court Point to Find Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma, Washington. They've been posting pictures of it. It is so cute. Moodang always lives in my heart. But they won't like milk Moodang anymore. So I'm just like trying to absorb as many, like as much content from baby animals at zoo's as possible. There's also a new baby elephant at the organ zoo, and I'm like very excited, and I'm like, am I gonna go to the Oregon zoom when I go to Portland to see this baby elphant's trunk is so tiny?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, do baby elephants grow. I feel like they probably get like like the windows small to see, like a little tiny little elephant, right.
Speaker 1: But they're not like small. They just look like babies, you know what I mean. They're like big, but they look like Yeah, it's good. Any I love that baby elephants look old because of like they're just like gray and wrinkled already, but they still look baby. I'm like, this is like baby Yoda all over again.
Speaker 2: Genies so cute.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that's what I'm following online, And.
Speaker 3: Do you want to we will also link off too. You were saying, there's the Connor O'Malley tweet about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sent that in the chat, like the clip. It was from his special from last year where he talks about Google Maps like just changing whatever it evile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nice, we'll link off to that as well. Miles, is there workimedia you've been enjoying and where can people find you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Great that's literally everywhere. Okay, you can even probably enter that at pet Co to get give me some points or something. But also fine jacket on the Basketball podcast Myles Jack App Matt Boost. Yes, this week I was coming out of my cave of trauma.
Speaker 1: To feeling just fine. Nana got.
Speaker 2: Coming out of my my cape. Yeah, and then finding out that I was like, Wow, Jimmy Butler on the Warriors, so many moves, Kyle Kuzma, everyone's moving around, brandon ingram on the on the Raptors. So listen to me hear all of these new bits with absolute awe my voice. And also hear me on Fortuny talking about ninety day fiance And let's see the other thing. What else is there? Tweet?
Speaker 3: Is that the thing I'm talking is there workimedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's hard to man. This was a video I was actually I sent to super producer Anna jos Nier, like on the side on a text message. It's just so it's so stupid. It's a guy on I'm just gonna it's at at who am you? And the video is called mobility training and it's a guy doing all these like obscure exercises and the like all the haters think this is all useless, and then it cuts to him like just basically being a tweaker, like just exercising to like smoke meth or like pull copper wiring out of or like one exercise is looking through the fucking blinds of his house. It's so dark. But again, I was like, it some people, when you've been around you know this kind of it's a little bit. Yeah, I'm surprised it has so many likes, and I'm like, yeah, this is truly is an American tradition.
Speaker 3: You almost said condition, which was also right, yea, the American condition unlike any other boom mm hmm. You find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Ryan and on Blue Sky Jack Obi the Number one. A work of media I've been enjoying that I think has been recommended by guests on this show. The show from last year called Phantasmas by Julio Torres. It's so good. It's so as mentioned, I was getting a leg surgery yesterday. It was like local anesthetic, so you know, you're awake and feeling weird things happen below a blanket and then oh, you know, I had to like just sit there with my leg in one position while it dug around in it for three hours and I was like, what am I going to watch? And I happened upon this and I enjoyed it so much that there were multiple times where I was like laughing out loud and they were like, what did that hurt? That it's something? I was like, Nah, I'm just watching something really sad.
Speaker 2: Oh. So it was like getting a tattoo basically, where it's like, yeah, and we'll be getting ripping, ripping, some shit out ripping and tearing, tarn ripping.
Speaker 3: And anyways, So shout out to everybody who made that. It's really good. I highly recommend people check it out. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist where the daily Zeitcheist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fan page on a website daily zeikeist dot com. You can go to the episode wherever you're listening to it and check out the description of the episode you're listening to, and you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy in the episode description, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, like last month, there was this like video I saw of this rapper going way offbeat named Georgiana. Uh, and I was like, what is this? What is she on about? Like this this like offbeat poly rhythm rap delivery is very odd. People are like, why is this video on the internet? Why is this person in a serious, like free style kind of context. But then I heard a new song they put out called Elevator Spaghetti, and it's just kind of it's wild because it's such a mashup of like just mumble rap but over like a bossa nova, like truly like elevator music, but the lyrics are just very mumble core, trappy, rappy kind of stuff. And I was like, Okay, this is weird. I don't know how talented this person is, but this is kind of interesting. So we're going out on Elevator Spaghetti by Georgiana. Some people say this person is an industry plant, but aren't we all at the end of the day. So shout out to Georgiana and Elevator Spaghetti. This is a weird one, but it might be it might hit, might hit a chord in the brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Elevator spaghetti up there with mom Spaghetti in terms of exactly iconic spaghetti.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm sure spagett. There's gotta be some great spaghetti rhymes from ghost Face.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yeah, probably I as used spaghetti, so I mean even in I believe Black Rob said and I was bo already and I was already on fish and spaghetti. All right, that's another rhyme. But anyway, there, it is elevating.
Speaker 3: Anyway to do it, that is going to do it for us. The Daily Zeichi is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio w ap Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then Bye bye