Speaker 1: Welcome. It's Verdict with Center Ted Cruz.
Speaker 2: It's nice to be with you in person today on a somber day, October seventh, it's the one year anniversary of the horrific attack, the worst attack on the Jewish people since the Holocaust, and it is one of those moments I think we should pause and really look at what's happened over the last year.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right. Today is a horrific memorial. It has been one year since the mass murder that took the lives of one thy one hundred and ninety five Israelis. It was utterly horrific. It has changed Israel forever. It has changed America forever. It has changed, I believe, the world forever. We're going to examine what happened on October seventh, one year ago, and what has happened in the year since then. We're also in today's pod going to have an interview with a special guest, Sean Theory. Sean is a member of the Texas State House and she's an elected Democrat, or at least she was. She was an elected Democrat elected from Houston. She was elected four terms to the House of Representatives as a Democrat and she finally said enough is enough. She left the Democrat Party. She has changed to being a Republican. She's going to tell her story because her story is something we're seeing across the country. As the Democrat Party is getting more and more radical, people are saying, I can't take it anymore. I want to get back to sanity. We're going to break that down that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really cool and an interesting story that I think inspires other Democrats to lead their party as well. Yeah, we're going to talk about that. There are so many of you that have asked about what you can do to help the people in Israel, and right now this is a moment where I'm going to ask a lot of you to get involved, especially on this one year anniversary with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. As I said a moment ago, October the seventh is the one year mark of the worst masker of the Jewish people since the Holocaust. Twelve hundred Israelis were murdered and more than two hundred and fifty taken hostage, many of them still being held hostage.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 2: The war in Israel is raging on today with a ran firing a massive barrage of nearly two hundred ballistic missiles earlier this month. Israel and our people are facing attacks from enemies on all sides, and the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is on the ground providing food, shelter, and safety for those in need during the crisis. Now, since the war started, thousands of reservists every day Israeli citizens have left their families to serve their country. Soldiers have been injured, and their families need support. And your gift of one hundred and fifty dollars helps the Fellowship provide food and other necessities for these families to help them survive. Thanks to a generous Fellowship supporter, your gift will be matched, meaning it's doubling impact. Join us and let those families know that listeners like you stand with Israel. You can call to make your one hundred and fifty dollars gift now to eight to eight four eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five, or you can go online to support IFCJ dot org to give that's one word support IFCJ dot org are eight at eight four eight eight IFCJ Centator. As we sit here, it's shocking that's the one year anniversary from a standpoint that they still have hostages, and I think we should start with that because this is a day for those family members. I can't imagine what they've gone through last year, but to even think it's been an entire year since they've seen their.
Speaker 3: Loved ones, it's been a year of living hell. As I mentioned, oney, one hundred and ninety five people were murdered on that day. The estimates are not exactly clear, but the best estimate is two hundred and fifty one hostages were taken on October seventh. Now, of those two hundred and fifty fifty one hostages, we estimate that ninety seven remain in Gaza, plus an additional four hostages who were captured before October seventh, And to review what has happened, seventy hostages have died either on October seventh or in the month since then. Thirty four of the hostages who have remained in Gaza are dead, according to Israeli officials, and Hamasa has released one hundred and nine of the hostages. Eight of the hostages were rescued by the IDF, including the recent rescue of an Arab Israeli Muslim on August twenty seventh. Thirty seven of the deceased hostages have been returned to Israel, and on August thirty first, the IDF retrieved the body of American hostage Hirsch Goldberg Pollen, and five Israelis who were executed by Hamas and Southern Rapha after surviving for what was eleven months in captivity. There are thought to be four four American hostages still alive. The fifth was Goldbert Pollen, and he was one of the six people murdered and recovered on August thirty first. The four American hostages thought to still be alived are number one, Keith Siegel. Keith is a grandfather born in California. He was last seen in a video released by Hamas in April. He was gaunt and weeping. The second American hostage believe still held is Eden Alexander, who grew up in New Jersey, and also Sagi decl Chen, a father of three, both of whom were spotted alive in late twenty twenty three by other hostages. So we don't know that they're still alive. It's been some time since they've been spotted alive. The fourth Omernutra is a New York native, was shown being pulled out of a tank by hamas gunman in a blurry clip recorded on October seventh. So again, it's been a full year since since Omer has been seen. And as for the total number of Americans. Last month, the FBI unsealed a complaint against hamas leaders for the October seventh crimes and others, and the charges were filed in February, but they were kept under seal and the precise language of the Department of Justice complaint is quote. As of the date of this complaint, at least forty three American citizens were among those murdered, and at least ten American citizens were taken hostage or remain unaccounted for. Wow, and look, I wanted to go through those numbers because it's easy and a lot of the news coverage will allide over what actually happened. Twelve hundred people murdered, two hundred and fifty one hostages. It is truly horrific. As you noted, it was the worst single day mass murder of Jews since the Holocaust. It's also one of the worst terrorist attack in American history. Americans are hostages right now. I have to say, I do not understand why Joe Biden and Kamala Harris do not talk about the American hostages, why they don't lean in and instead why they lean in repeatedly urging Israel to stop killing the terrorist instead of demanding that the hostages be released. But it was an act of horrific evil. And I will say, look, I remember in the days after October seventh, I reached out and I called and texted a lot of friends of mine, and I just asked him. I said, hey, I don't know if you have family in Israel, if you have people in harm's way, I gotta say bet. It was stunning to me the number of people I reached out to in the aftermath of October seventh who were directly connected to someone.
Speaker 1: The Jewish community.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how much of a connection there is between people America and people that are in Israel.
Speaker 3: I've probably reached out to twenty five or thirty of my friends, and more than half of them had a direct connection of someone where they'd say, yeah, my sister was there, Yes, my wife was there, my college roommate was there. It is. The Jewish community in America and the Jewish community in Israel are in many ways deeply interconnected.
Speaker 2: And the.
Speaker 3: Trauma and horror and evil of that day, October seventh will go down as one of the darkest days in history.
Speaker 2: There's another aspect of this too, And it's amazing how in this country, and I think even the Democratic Party has has really defended Hamas and they've defended that the people that did this. And you look at how they've treated these hostages and the reports have come out. You hope that if someone's taken hostage, at least they're treated humanely. Yeah, and that's not happen And I think that's part of the story that people need to understand the brutality of these terrorists. They are starving these hostages. The bodies that have been found in returned. They talk about that. It looks like they've taken a lot of abuse and malnourished and living conditions that are just horrific, not clean at all.
Speaker 3: Well, and they are using rape as a weapon of sexual violence. On October seventh, and sadly, in the time since then, they have targeted and repeatedly raped women and young girls. I will tell you, and I've talked about this on the podcast watching videos of October seventh, watching what happened, watching the dehumanization of Jews by the Hamas terrorists, that they don't view them as human beings. And I think I shared with you listening to the audio from that video that repeatedly the Hamas terrorists were referring to the Jews that they were murdering as it not even here, but it they mutilated the bodies. They would often cut the genitals, burn the faces. That a lot of the degradation was focused on sexual violence, and it is a level of evil. You know, in ordinary life, you don't encounter that grotesque evil the way October seventh was. But I'll tell you, I'm reminded of the Book of Genesis when when Joseph has been sold into slavery by his brothers, and then when he re encounters his brothers, what Joseph says to them is is what you intended for evil, God intended for good. And I think that principle is right. But what man means for evil to result, God can use for good. And I do think in the past year there are two significant consequences of October seventh, both of which have been very very good. One is clarity this October seventh, in the aftermath, I don't think, to my mind, there is no gray. This is a battle between good and evil. This is a battle between civilization and barbarism. And everyone has to decide where you stand. Do you stand with the people of Israel or do you stand with the Hamas terrorists? And that clarity, I think has been incredibly valuable in the political world for elected officials to decide who do I stand with. It also has been incredibly valuable on college campuses. It is unmasked and revealed vicious, vicious anti Semitism. That clarity is important if we're going to combat evil. We have to see and understand and know who we're dealing with and have it be out in the open. And I think that clarity has been enormously consequential and enormous enormously beneficial. But I think secondly, a second, very good consequence of the hurrrific evil of what happened on that day is Israel's stated commitment to utterly and completely eliminate Hamas. Yeah, and eliminating Hamas, and they have made incredible progress eliminating Hamas and now eliminating many of the leaders of Hesbela as well. Eliminating Hamas and eliminating Hesbela is unequivocally good for the national security of Israel, and it is unequivocally good for the national security of America. And so both of those consequences have real and lasting effect in Israel, in America, and across the world.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about there was something I'll never forget. You saw it before I did, and I was asked to come watch the videos of the attack on this day.
Speaker 1: You saw it with I think several other senators if I had.
Speaker 3: About the Safity senators, about half the Senate went and watched it.
Speaker 2: And I was asked to go to Israeli consulate and watch and to have a briefing. And I will never forget what I witnessed. I think you're probably the same. But it also was.
Speaker 3: It made me physically sick, yes, like it made you want to vomit watching. And this is not Hollywood's sort of play acting. These are real people being murdered by people filled with genocidal hate. It was Nazi tactics for Nazi purposes carried out that day.
Speaker 2: I watched it, and I watched it, and I never wanted to see it again. I'm glad that I saw it because you understand who you're up against. And I also maybe very clear that they trained with the help of Iran. Yes, and without Iran's funding. I don't think it would have happened a year ago today, and now we see Iran doing exactly what we knew they were doing all along, directly now trying to take out Israel. That's another aspect of when you talk about good and evil, and evil can show what's happening, and then there can be good that comes from I think anyone that doesn't understand now the threat to the world from Iran, you're blind. We saw what they did with these ballistic missile attacks just days ago. What happens next now with that, because that's a large part of this story.
Speaker 3: Look, I think it is one of the most consequential elements of this election. In November, we're right about thirty days away, just over thirty days away from the election, and if Donald Trump is reelected, if we have a Republican Senate in a Republican House, the billions of dollars that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and the Democrats have flowed to Iran. That stops in January. Over four years, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris have flowed over one hundred billion dollars to Iran. It's a massive amount of money. Ninety percent of the budget for Hamas comes from Iran. Ninety percent of the budget for HESBLA comes from Iran. So, in a very real sense, the death squads that carried out horrific rapes and murders on October seventh were paid for by this White House. I gotta say, I don't understand. I mean, we spent a lot of time in this podcast talking about the ideology of the hard left, but I genuinely don't understand why you would send billions of dollars to people who want to murder you. Because the Iatola is not subtle.
Speaker 1: They are not yet.
Speaker 3: The Iyatola chance death to America and death to Israel. He refers to Israel as the little Satan, in America as the great Satan. And we should be absolutely clear that if he could murder you or me or any of us, he would, And to be clear, the Iatola and Iran is actively trying to murder Donald Trump right now, and is paying for hitmen and assassins to try to carry that out. And yet there is something in the ideology of the far left that giving him billions of dollars to enable him to wage genocidal war against Israel and kill Jews and to target Americans some how makes sense to this White House. I am aware of their positions and look in public discourse, I try to you try to show grace to those on the other side and understand them. I genuinely have a hard time if you asked me to articulate their argument.
Speaker 1: What is it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to think that way to say, Hey, this person wants to murder me, let's give them a bunch of money.
Speaker 2: I don't get that final question on this, and it comes up to the issue of the rand nuclear site. Iran is clearly trying to get a nuclear weapon. There was a report that came out that they could be days away, weeks away, as in not less than a month. It's been interesting to see how the American medias frame this. It's like they've asked the White House their thoughts on do you take out this site? You know what they want to do you know what they're chanting And they've said they've kind of punted and said, well, this is up to Israel if they want to do that. You look at that, and you look at the White House kind of just not really taking a stand on this.
Speaker 1: I think a nuclear ran is a threat to the world.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're obviously a threat to digital but they're a threat to the world when you look at this position of well, punt to Israel, is that a good foreign policy from Biden Harris?
Speaker 3: Well, and understand it's also a dodge listen of course, just this White House Kamala Harris doesn't want to do anything to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon. Today, a year after October seventh, they're still not enforcing the oil sanctions. Today Iran is selling two million barrels of oil a day. They could stop that if they wanted to.
Speaker 2: And what was it when I think it's important to remind people how many barrels of oil was Iran selling when Donald Trump was in office at the end of his three hundred thousand and that's why they were broke, and that's why you were seeing unrest in the country because without oil money there broke.
Speaker 3: The regime was was near collapse, and Joe Biden, Kamala Harris Gain Revive Life Preserver, gave them a massive subsidy. I mean it is they gave him CPR. Yes, yes, that they were their lifeline. And look saying that's up to Israel to decide. You know, I'm reminded of many many years ago when Obama was president. There was an article in the Atlantic by Jeffrey Goldberg, and it got a lot of attention at the time, and and and what got attention is it was an insult from an unnamed senior official in the Obiden White House in the in the Obama White House. Rather who what got all the attention He referred to Benjamin Netanyah, who was the Prime Minister of Israel then as well. And and and he used an epithet that that that because this is a kid friendly show, I won't repeat other than to say it was poultry beneu her. And he was a little more colorful than that. And that got all the attention. And I remember at the time that article came out, I thought it wasn't news at all. It was obvious. Yeah, that's what the Obama white House thought of Netanyah, who they treated him that way every day. So I was like, what's the news in this They're saying what they obviously believe. The most consequential element of that article to me was a different quote attributed to the same senior advisor in the White House. And by the way, there's a lot of speculation in Washington that that quote senior advisor was named Barack Obama, that it was the President pretending to be a senior advisor. I don't know that for sure, but that's the surprise. That's the diplomatic chatter in Washington. But the quote was something to the effect of the very best thing is we have delayed Israel from acting militarily for so long that they no longer have the military capacity to stop Iran from acquiring a nuclear arsenal. That was the sentence that was chilling. Look this White House. They're not stupid. They know the endgame of what they're playing is a nuclear Iran. And I think ideologically they believe America has no right to stop the iotola from getting nuclear weapons. I think that makes no sense at all, and it is one of the many ways in which Americans are much less safe today because of the weakness of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and tragically twelve hundred Israelis lost their lives a year ago today because of that weakness.
Speaker 2: They need prayers, they need support this one year anniversary, there's a lot of people today that are suffering. We need to pray for those hostages as well. Sa ay trend we're seeing of Democrats become a Republican that are in office. I want to tell you about our friends over at Patriot Mobile. Patriot Mobile is the only conservative Christian wireless provider out there. And why does that matter to you? Well, you may not realize where your money is going when you give to Big Mobile every month. When you pay that bill, you may be supporting democratic causes, candidates and organizations, including organizations that advocate, support and pay for abortions. That is why I want you to switch Patriot Mobile, just like me, because it's easier now than it's ever been and you get to take a stand for what you believe in because every month Patrion Mobile takes a portion of your bill at no extra cost to you, and they give it back to conservative causes that fight for our First and our Second Amendment rights. They fight for the sanctity of life, and they stand with our military, our first responders, and our wounded warrior heroes.
Speaker 1: So why not switch and send it for what you believe in.
Speaker 2: It's easy and they use the same towers that you're on right now, meaning you get the same coverage you're used to. Go to Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict that's Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict, or call them nine to seven to two Patriot right now, and you're gonna get a free month when you use the offer code Verdict. That's nine seven to two Patriot. Keep your same cell phone you have upgrade to a new one if you want to, and keep your same number you've got right now, and you can switch literally over the phone without even having to go to a store.
Speaker 1: So check them out.
Speaker 2: Patriot Mobile dot conslash verdict are nine to seven to two Patriot and you're gonna get a free month of service today with a promo code Verdict. All right, So, Senator, this is a new trend. I love this trend. For once, we are seeing elected officials who are Democrats switching to the Republican Party, and one of them is right here in Texas.
Speaker 1: And our guests tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right. And as you know, and as our viewers know, we had Eric Johnson, who's the mayor of Dallas. He was an elected Democrat. Four years he was an elected Democrat state rep and elected Democrat mayor and then he shifted to be a Republican. We had him as a guest on this podcast. He told his story. We now have another guest, Sean Theory, is with us today. Sean is a state representative in Texas. She was an elected Democrat, first elected in twenty seventeen, then elected again in twenty eighteen and twenty twenty in twenty twenty two. She's been an elected Democrat her entire career in politics until just recently when she publicly announced enough was enough and she switched to the Republican Party. And so Sean, welcome to Verdict. We're very glad to have you with us.
Speaker 4: Thank you, senator, thank you for having me. It's a pleasure.
Speaker 3: You know, you and I were sitting down talking and I said, listen, I want you to tell your story. Tell your story to our listeners, to our viewers and Verdicts. So let's just start with tell us, tell us your personal story where you grew up and and and what drew you to the world of politics, what drew you to running for the for the state legislature.
Speaker 4: Sure, thank you, Senator. Well, I'm a native Houstonian, born and raised here. Pretty uneventful story, but just grew up a Christian, both parents married at home and hardworking folks. And always say my parents were Democrats because I believe they felt like that was the party of you know, middle class folks.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: My mom was a teacher, an English teacher. My dad worked for the City of Houston, and so we were Democrats, thinking that that was just the party of middle class, hardworking people. And I went away to college Howard University, I came back, went to law school here at Thirdgard Marshall School of Law. And really I always had a heart for public service. My parents kind of raised us that way, from being in Girl Scouts all the way through doing things at my church at my church. And so folks asked me to run, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, because I knew that I didn't really like the politics of politics, but I did have a heart for public service. So when the seat for State rep House District one forty six became available in twenty sixteen. I said, well, okay, I'll do it, and I won, and I really just kind of jumped right in the moment I got elected. I started writing legislation to help women and childbirth and term mortality, legislation, helping the elderly, doing work to prevent a anti prevent human trafficking, should I say, and just never really always thought of it in terms of party. I always looked at it in terms of people. But as time went on, I started to notice session after session the Democratic Party moving further and further away from mainstream values. And I kept quiet, but it was something that always kind of troubled my soul. And I was hoping that I could continue to be the voice of reason, which I was a lot of times. I was always kind of the moderate voice in the room and kind of became known as that. In the Ledge text Ledge, I was known as a consensus builder. And I don't want to be too much of a spoiler alert. We can talk about it, but this past session, the Democrats really started pushing policies that were so contrary to the well being of children and just our country. Overall, I said, as you said at the top, enough is enough. I said, you know, get me off the bus now. And I made a very personal decision. It was very difficult because I knew the attacks that I would receive. But just like my good friend Mary or Eric Johnson, I did what I know is right for me, where I can look myself in the mirror every day.
Speaker 1: What they treat you like afterwards, I mean, when you leave the party.
Speaker 2: I think people don't understand in politics that is like a really bad day because all of these people you build these consensus with, now you're the enemy to them.
Speaker 4: Well, mine was a little anti climactic on some level because I took a stance. Honestly, during session a year and a half ago, I spoke out against child sex change surgeries. This legislation where we had was to decide to decide what is the appropriate age. This sounds weird for a child to have sex chain surgery, which most people would say, well, why would a yall be doing that anyway, But that's what we were dealing with because it was happening in the state of Texas. Girls and boys as young as eleven, twelve, thirteen were getting their bodies mutilated, also taking drugs like lupron to stop them from going through puberty. And so the bill, which seemed very reasonable, just set the age of consent to eighteen, which is the age of consent for most things in Texas, if not twenty one, honestly. And so I said, well, I'll support that that we need some safeguards. And you wouldn't believe my former party, the Democratic Caucus, went crazy. They started pulling me to the side saying, Sean, you cannot do it. We're going to kill this bill. And because I would not agree that children should undergo this type of harm, which by the way, many of my colleagues privately told me they know it's wrong. But because I wouldn't co sign with that, I started getting attacked right then and there. So I've been going through it for a year and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, this is an issue that you know, it's amazing that this is an issue now. I mean even a few years ago, there was no one in the political arena that was talking about little children eight, nine, ten, eleven year old kids being sterilized, being permanently surgically altered. And look, my view, which I think is the common sense of you, of the vast majority of Texans, is that a child doesn't have the emotional maturity to make that decision. That no eight year old or ten year old can decide I never want to be a father, I never want to be a mother, and go in and make it so that I can never never have children. That I think it is a very reasonable position to say, if you're going to do something with those sorts of consequences, you need to be an adult and have the the emotional maturity to make that decision. That that's a very common sense view. And yet when you articulated that, you know, one of the things that struck me when you and I were talking is you said that a lot of your Democrat colleagues in private agreed, but they were scared to say it.
Speaker 4: Yes, the party has just been completely, i'll say it now, completely hijacked by radicals who have a chokehold on elected Democratic officials, who have told them you will fall lockstep in line with this ideology, and if you do not, we will put millions of dollars into a primary to get you on the life.
Speaker 1: In other words, you're being held hostage for your job.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the Democratic party says you don't go along with this, we'll find somebody that will will run against you and beat you.
Speaker 3: Its that sin and threaten with money, with real money, real money.
Speaker 4: And I'm living proof of it. But I like to say I'm a positive testimony because I tell people, losing a seat is one thing, but losing your soul is another. Yeah, and I did not lose my soul. But they put in over a million dollars in a race against me, and they absolutely found someone.
Speaker 3: And this is a primary and a state rep race in Texas for a million bucks.
Speaker 2: What was it before when you ran, Like, what was a normal amount of money? Put in perspective compared to a million I.
Speaker 4: Don't think I've ever had anybody spend over fifty thousand dollars running against me.
Speaker 2: And listen, if you're listening to this right now or you're watching this, when you think about going from fifty thousand dollars race to a million dollars against you, that's a political assassination on your career. That's saying we're just going to buy a winner and make sure you're a loser, because that's how much we want to punish you and make sure everybody else stays in line.
Speaker 4: Exactly. It always help folks. It was literally to make an example out of me and to warn others don't get any right ideas. Don't stand up there and speak out and tell the truth for your constituents, because we will shan theory you and put over a million dollars in your race. But I said it on the house floor, you know, I always say sunlight is the disinfectant Senator. And so I did rip the lid off of it, and I exposed the harms, and I exposed the hypocrisy. You talked about eighteen being such a reasonable age. Every policy that the Democrats put forth is usually to raise the age. This is the only area where not only do they not want to set the age, they want no age. If they want to raise the age from eighteen to twenty one for it to have a gun. We raised the age from eighteen to twenty one to buy tobacco cigarettes, which everyone you know agreed. We raise the age from eighteen to twenty one to work in a sexually oriented business. We have acknowledged. They said they're the Party of science. They said the frontal lobe of the brain is not developed until almost twenty five. Why on earth are Democrats saying, as you said very well, Sentator, that a child as young as nine, who hasn't even entered puberty has the capacity to sign away their future in terms of being astrated and sterilized. What is this?
Speaker 3: So so tell us the sort of things. What did your then fellow Democrats say to you as this is all going down? What sort of conversation did y'all have?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess the cat kind of got out of the bag that there was a potential dissident who wasn't going along with the program, and so they started pulling me to the side, usually in like groups of three, then groups of six and telling me, you know, Sean, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: A lot of these are your friends, right, I mean these are the people, they're.
Speaker 4: Colleagues, colleagues, Uh, some friends. The friends were the ones that really just came with the warning. They said, Sean, listen, because I was pulling out papers and showing what lupron does, showing that it causes early on set osteoporosis, and that some of these cross sex.
Speaker 3: Weren't tell our viewers and listeners what is lupron? So give some of those teachers.
Speaker 4: Sure, So, Lupron is the drug that they want to give children in a mirror could to stop them from going to puberty. It is prescribed for men who who have prostate cancer. It is a chemotherapy drug. Wow, this is a drug you are giving children that do not have cancer. The only other use for it. It gets even grosser that they want to give it to children. This drug is given as a chemical castration drug to child rapists, to pedophiles.
Speaker 2: And they're giving it to kids because they say, or the parents say, they want to transition at the age of eight or nine or ten.
Speaker 3: And by the way, if the kids when they get older, they change their mind. Much of this is irreversible. If you have a teenage girl who has a double misectomy, you don't get your breast back. That's right, that's right, that's it and forever.
Speaker 4: It's too late. And that's what the loopron is for. It is to put you on the trajectory for a sex change, to make it easier, because if your body never develops in the first place, is that much easier to start mutilating and amputating body parts. So I started to meet Now you talked about transitioning. There's a group of young people called d transitioners. These were the kids there are now many of them are grown that went through this that have deep regret, and they visited the Capitol as well. Unfortunately, their voices were shut out by these radical activists and they didn't want us to listen to these kids. I met a young lady who had a double misectomy and a full hysterectomy. She's only twenty six. Wow, she said, rep theory, crying in the hallway to me, I have the biological profile now of a seventy two year old woman.
Speaker 1: She said, biological profile is seventies woman.
Speaker 4: She's in full full men pause. She's twenty four. She said, my bone, my bones hurt me so badly. She was on so much testosterone. So now she said, I realized I never I really wanted to be a boy. She said, I was love bombed. And I said, tell me more about that, and she said, I was a lonely child, a girl. She said, I think I'm gay. She said, but I don't want to be a man. And she said, but I watched a lot of YouTube and she met these transgender ideologists who love bombed her and then she told her mom. Her mom was scared. She took her to her gender clinic somewhere outside of Austin. Despite what they tell you, she said, in thirty minutes, they had a letter authorizing for her to get on all of these hormones.
Speaker 2: Wow, thirty minutes. And they always say that there's all this profiling that's done in all these interviews and mental you know, they look at everything. Thirty minutes, here's your letter, go change sex.
Speaker 4: I have a child, absolutely, And Senator, here's the part that really got me. She said that they told her mother because her mom thought she was doing the right thing. Her mom wasn't one of those women that was pushing it on her kid. You can either have a dead daughter or a living son. Threatening her mother that she would kill herself, and she said, I never said that, She said she goes. But then I started to believe that. And so when I was talking to the D transitioners, they even took a photo of me. I think it's on Twitter somewhere and it said look at rep theory, you know, meeting with these They called the D Transitioners a hate group. These are elga.
Speaker 2: They're saying, we've already done this, listened to us, and then they call them a hate group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that I was meeting with a hate group that I was anti lgbt key.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Is there's no compassion for these kids and the life altering decisions that I think in many instances it's adults who are foisting it on them. So let me ask you, if you listen to the media, if you listen to the conventional wisdom, Republicans are a bunch of intolerant biggots. You were a four time elected Democrat representative, you flipped over to the Republican Party. What has the reaction on both sides, ben and what have you? What have you found?
Speaker 4: Well, the reaction was one very welcoming, from the Governor of Texas, to the Speaker of the House, to all of my colleagues, to just regular folks writing me on Facebook and in boxing me and saying welcome rep Theory, Praise God. You know, we're so grateful to have you. So there was none of this boogeyman racism that people that the Democrat Party is using to fear monger I think half of America. But I knew that because I served with this folks and you know, all of this talk of calling people bigots and Nazis and white supremacists. It was always so bizarre to me because I would sit with my colleagues who were seeing those things, and they would be in the members longe five minutes later sharing ice cream with these very folks that they were calling Nazis. And then they actually started calling me a Nazi. And I'm like me, I'm a black woman. I'm not okay, I'm a Nazi now. So Sinat, I knew, you know that that was just a bunch of crazy talk. The Democrats had been, Like I said, from the moment I stood up on that bill. I started getting death threats the night before because the cat got let out the bag that rep theory is probably gonna vote in favor of setting it.
Speaker 3: Did any other Democrats crossover and both of the film.
Speaker 4: Three others, three others, so four and they told me each one of them said they would not have done it but for hearing my speech. I gave a twelve minute speech on the House floor. I think it's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: And it's gone viral.
Speaker 4: It went viral. The letter I wrote explaining it got over two and a half million views on Twitter. But if you watch it, my hands were shaking, my voice was cracking because I was so sleep deprived, because for days, you know, they had just been harassing me and pounding me and threatening me and trying to change my mind submission, just like a cult. And there was one colleague who you said could be a friend. And I remember he pulled me to the side and he said to me, Sean, hold your nose. You better hold your nose and vote with us if you want to make it back here. And I just looked him in the face and said, I can't do that. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: A lot of people listen are going to ask, are you a cautionary tale? Are you safe now in your elected position? What's the end of the story for your career when it comes to this position that clearly you won four times?
Speaker 4: Well, I did not win my seat for reelection. I went to a run.
Speaker 1: The question that everybody listening right now is like, what happened?
Speaker 3: They beat her in the Democrat primary with a million dollars worked.
Speaker 4: They found a candidate who said she was a dual identity queer black woman that had never run for office. I'd never seen her in the district one time, volunteering doing anything it never served. Put the money behind that candidate, and even though nobody knew her, she won. However, I always say there's a comma, not a period there, Okay, As I said again, that's a temporary pit stop. My dad who passed away, I share it. We were talking about our fathers when we sat down and talked, and before my dad passed away, it must have been very fratuitous of him for no reason at all. He was in the hospital and he looked at me and he said, John, I want you to promise me one thing. I was like, of course, Daddy, and he said, don't ever let the power and the prestige of the position cause you to sell your soul. And I didn't, and I stay with that. So I think people need to look at it and say, you can't survive it. I'm still here. They censored me, but they did not silence me. So I think that the good news is you can survive it. I've switched parties not because I'm so much politically ambitious, but because I'm a citizen. I'm an American and i want to do what's right for our country. And so now I'm speaking out. I'm using whatever platform I have to educate Americans and Senator so many folks, and I'll even say African American voters have come to me and said Rep. Fiery, If only I had known, I didn't even know the Democrat Party was up to this.
Speaker 3: Well, Sean, thank you for your courage and thank you for sharing your stories. Stories are powerful. A lot of what we try to do on this podcast is tell stories, stories that impact people's lives, stories that are reality. As you know, the media has their own narrative that they want to convince people of, and it's part of the reason we've seen things like podcasts grow so much. It's people are hungry for the truth. And so I appreciate you coming and joining us, and thank you for standing up.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see what's next.
Speaker 2: I want to I love how you describe it as it's like a comma.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: The story has not been fully written. I wish you well. I'm excited you ever want help. I'm on your team on this one.
Speaker 4: Hey man, thank you. Only i'd say God is going to continue to order my footsteps.
Speaker 1: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you real quick about our friends over Blackout Coffee. If you're like me and you start your morning early and you love having a good cup of coffee, you got to check out Blackout Coffee.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This is the best cup of coffee I've had in my entire life. It's premium coffee, and I have it every morning before I start my radio show at seven a m. If coffee is part of your day, why not make it the best cup of coffee you can. Now, there's a lot of woke coffee companies out there, and you probably thought about a couple of brands when I said that, So don't give them your money. That's why Blackout Coffee was actually started. It was started by a group of concertives that said, we want a better cup of coffee and we don't want the woke agenda of the left in our cup every morning. Well, I want you to try Blackout Coffee right now. I'm going to save you some big money. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, and when you go there, you're gonna use a cube on code vertict and you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Be awake, not woke. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict promo code Vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Also check out their flavored coffees are incredible and their instant coffee if you're on the road a lot as well. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict twenty percent off your first order with the promo code Verdict.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: We did this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Make sure you hit that subscribe or auto download button wherever you get this podcast, and if you're watching this video on YouTube or Facebook.
Speaker 1: Wherever you're watching it, please share it.
Speaker 2: As well so other people can hear this incredible story that we just gave you. Pray again for the people of Israel on this anniversary of the attack that win your anniversary. Pray for those hostages as well and the Center and I will see you back here on Wednesday.