Speaker 1: Second Date updated, Alexis, you're in the dating world, and you told us a little while ago it's really easy for you to meet lots of attractive dudes. Oh sorry, was it when you're around attractive dudes, you're really easy?
Speaker 2: And that was.
Speaker 1: Something about really easy and attractiveness. I got this, But look, not everybody's on the dating sites for European rugby hunks like you are, Alexis. A lot of people just do the normal apps and they get really frustrated with that experience. So let's say you wanted to meet a nice, attractive man out in the world, naturally, but you just can't find it.
Speaker 3: Without getting into the scrum.
Speaker 4: Dvid.
Speaker 1: What do you do? That's where our listener Julia found herself recently, so let's talk to her and find out what she did. Julia, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you?
Speaker 2: I mean, we've kind of noticed a trend lately where people have gotten off the apps.
Speaker 3: Is it something where you're trying to move away from that?
Speaker 5: I mean definitely, because it's kind of like it just doesn't feel as natural, and honestly, I feel like the apps come with a lot of like stigma of like what dating is nowadays, which is people just you know, have one thing in mind and then it's kind of like just.
Speaker 4: Onto the next one.
Speaker 5: And I'm not really here for that. I really want to authentically meet people and find my person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it was just instinct. Sorry, but it just sounds like you're just matured. That's great, that's great. We're all really happy for you. So what did you do? How did you make that transition from dating apps to the real world, Like, what's your strategy? I'm trying not to the trash can over here?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I just tried to really kind of go on some like hobby websites and stuff like that, because I try to like put myself out there in those ways and finding things that maybe like guys would be at.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I run a little.
Speaker 5: Bit out of my cumber zone. I'm gonna warn you, guys. But definitely tried some different things.
Speaker 3: Okay, like what give us some examples. I'd love to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the first thing I did was hiking, and I you know, I really thought that I would find more guys there. Out of the two times I went, it was more like a dozen girls and maybe like two or three guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like all of the women all had the same idea to meet a guy there, and it just was girls, we.
Speaker 3: Still want to hike. A lot of our guys will like go on their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And those guys also came with girls like they already were like teared up.
Speaker 3: They were forced to come. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, So hiking was a dud? What did you try?
Speaker 2: Not that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this was kind of funny. I actually was like, you know what, I don't think I would probably see many women at Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 4: That was definitely out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 1: I mean, any girl walking into a D and D, yeah, just to stare type. I don't necessarily think Dungeons and Dragons and go oh hot honky guys, rich guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so that's nerds always end up smart.
Speaker 1: Did you meet a guy there?
Speaker 5: It was definitely a little too nerdy for me. I could not really withstand it. I didn't say the whole time.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's not where you met this guy?
Speaker 1: Did you find any hobby that actually panned out for you?
Speaker 5: So there was actually this kind of fun thing that I started to go into and it's called like old Cup kickball. I don't know if you guys are familiar with it.
Speaker 1: Old Cup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you have two teams and everybody has to hold a red solo cup and you're never allowed to put it down. It's a drinking game.
Speaker 1: It's a drinking game wall playing actual kickball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually really fun, dude.
Speaker 3: That sounds awesome. And you start with this one, why.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, And you don't have to be like obliterated to play, you know, you just play. And it was a mix of guys and girls, so I was like a lot more comfortable and it was super laid back. Everybody was really.
Speaker 1: Cool't so this is where you ended up meeting a guy?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, actually this is where.
Speaker 1: I met Chad U Chad Chad.
Speaker 3: Name is Chad Chad Chad? H Okay yeah not a hat.
Speaker 5: Dad, but maybe will be one days.
Speaker 3: Of course you met a Chad y.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I ended.
Speaker 5: Up meeting him because I was actually like on a roll chilling it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: I went to go run for home and the cup that I had it was full because I really wasn't drinking that much and ended up spilling all over me.
Speaker 1: Guys, just what all the guys on the team wanted?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my t shirt. I didn't mean this game.
Speaker 5: It was definitely invented by a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, how did that lead to Chad?
Speaker 5: So he ended up coming out with a towel, super sweet guy. He like even took off his shirt, which, mind you, is super hot. Odd took off his shirt and he gave it to me so I could cover up because my shirt was Why do I like it's sweaty?
Speaker 3: Nobody's working that hard at kickball no matter what.
Speaker 5: I guess he must have like a good immuneism or like our systems like each other, because I didn't even notice that.
Speaker 1: So he de robed in front of you and gave you his dirty clothes.
Speaker 5: So that was definitely a swift move. He got some brownie points for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so is this the date or is there more after this?
Speaker 5: No, we'll see. I actually got his number, which was awesome. It was cool, and I didn't really get much out of him after that, Like we kind of just spoke a little bit. I like kind of hinted that like maybe he could ask me on a date or something. I didn't really like throw myself over all over him.
Speaker 2: Isn't it kind of obvious when you asked for a dude's number that that's what you want.
Speaker 3: Literally that happened.
Speaker 5: And then like I literally asked for his two shirt and I was like, oh good ways, Like if I can return it, that'll be like another thing.
Speaker 2: That's how you ask You asked, like, oh, give me your number so I can give you your shirt back.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, did you give him your shirt to wear to tradition? And I feel like it should be tit for tak Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I could give him my bro.
Speaker 1: She's like I would have. Maybe that was the missing move. We're gonna come back and call Chad for you and find out what happened in the drinking hold cup kickball scenario. We're gonna find your kickball king. Yeah, what or maybe what went right with your second date update? Right after this second date update if you're just joining us, we're in the middle of a second date update with our listener Julia, who met a guy named Chad at a brand new event that we just heard about called hold Cup Kickball Fun.
Speaker 3: It's a great name.
Speaker 1: Involves drinking, kicking rubber balls, all the ingredients of just a really, really good time.
Speaker 3: We forgot to mention shirtless men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not supposed to be shirtless. The only Chad was shirtless was because Julia accidentally spilled her cup all over herself while running home to the home plate. Sorry not running home in my fear. We got just making sure people, because you've never heard of this sport.
Speaker 5: Keep going trying like run.
Speaker 1: She was making her way down the third baseline, ended up spilling the drink all over herself, and so Chad came to the rescue and offered her his own shirt off his back. Just a true hero. It sounds like, honestly a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Well, Julia got his numbers, saying like, hey, I'll give you your shirt bag and your number.
Speaker 3: Do you still have the shirt? We never asked?
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually I do still have a shirt. I never got to meet up with him again.
Speaker 4: You sleep with it.
Speaker 1: Every night, clutched in her arms. Right now, Well, let's see if we can at least get him on the phone first, and maybe we'll get his shirt back to him and even get you a date. But I'm going to dial his number right now.
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like he's still topless shirt.
Speaker 1: That was his one shirt. Okay, well, let's see I'm dialing his number right now. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk to Chad.
Speaker 4: This is Chad.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chad, you're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hi, morning man.
Speaker 1: Don't do that sexy voice. Don't do that. Sorry, but Hi, it didn't sound that way. I think is not cool. Sorry. We're in a mood today because we heard a lot about you from one of our listeners named Julia.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, you know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You met Julia at one of your old cup kickball events. You ended up giving her your shirt, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: We have bets on whether you're still walking around shirtless right now.
Speaker 1: Brook just wants a mental image, so not currently. Okay, can you take your shirt off to make her more comfortable with the rest they call?
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: What we're doing here is called a second date update. And even though you haven't officially been out with Julia one on one yet, she wants to know if you'd be interested in maybe meeting up.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I've kind of tried to date and I don't know literally work out for me.
Speaker 3: Dating in general, I feel that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just so many people ghost you nowadays before you even get to know them, isn't that?
Speaker 2: But isn't that kind of what you're doing? I mean, you're not getting back into Julia.
Speaker 1: Well, he never said. They never established like a dating thing. They just met at a kickball with that one time.
Speaker 2: Now you know you have someone that's super interested. I mean, she went through all the trouble of contacting us.
Speaker 3: She's not going to ghost you.
Speaker 4: I didn't know she was super interested until right now. To be honest, well.
Speaker 1: Hey, surprise, the girl really likes you after just meeting you. Most some time when a girl gets your number. But this is going to take all the stress out of it for you, because you know, if you're worried about girls whether they're interested or not, you know right up front here Julia is interested.
Speaker 3: It's a match.
Speaker 4: I thought she just wanted to give me my shirt back. I couldn't figure out a time. Maybe I mean that too.
Speaker 3: No, not that at all.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, it's so sweet, how literal you took that. But yet no, there was like her excuse to see you again.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, look I know you you clearly had some heartache and troubles with the dating one before, but would you be willing to give it a shot with Julia just one time?
Speaker 4: I mean, she kind of cool with my lifestyle. I guess you know I.
Speaker 3: Don't know lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yeah, I mean that's something that that you do when you hang out together, you learn about each other's lifestyle. So you just have to actually meet up with her once in person, and you don't have to hear it from me. You can actually hear it right from Julie because she's on the other line listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Julia, someone smiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Julia. You can say hi to her.
Speaker 4: Hi, Julia. I didn't know you liked me like that. I'm sorry, I get some kind of clueless with this stuff.
Speaker 5: Well I'm kind of glad it was like me back kind of thing I'm taking instead of a not like me back thing.
Speaker 1: So you get a pass, Chad, You're smoother than you realize. Taking off the shirt at the kickball game was actually a great move.
Speaker 4: Yeah do buddy, Yeah, I take my clothes off all the time.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by head exactly that?
Speaker 5: Because I thought I was special, not for all the girls, right, I'm on a stripper or anything, if that's what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: I had my ones. Actually they're in my hands, Chad. What do I do with them now?
Speaker 1: Chad was just joking about taking his shirt off before.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll save these for the next time.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: So are you up for going out with her? Chad?
Speaker 4: I mean, I wouldn't be honest about something because it's kind of burned me in the past. I just want to be up front of bout out it.
Speaker 5: Oh good, Okay, the suspense is killing me a little.
Speaker 1: What do you need to be honest about?
Speaker 4: Kickball is not my only hobby. I actually, you know, I have other hobbies, guys, I like to do and uh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Kicking a ball right now. Most women like a man with many.
Speaker 5: Interests, all right, So what exactly is the other hobby?
Speaker 1: I'm like a little curious.
Speaker 4: Well, I like to go ghost hunting.
Speaker 1: Ghost hunting.
Speaker 4: We'll spend like weekends and we'll go out and go ghost hunting, and it's kind of something we enjoyed, like the hope to get on TV at some point or something.
Speaker 1: All the equipment and everything's interesting. Julie what's your take on that you find that this like.
Speaker 5: Legit paranormal activity, Like do you actually get like recording them anything scared?
Speaker 3: Is that why you're a touch?
Speaker 4: We do it. It's legit and yeah we're nude and everything, so it's you. Yeah, we don't wear clothes. It's very serious, like involving like ecoplasm and things like we don't want to get on our clothes. We want to go in there pure, you know.
Speaker 1: Into like haunted buildings. Let's hope we're not just like a band.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of our niche where we're kind of different in that way than others.
Speaker 1: I could see that.
Speaker 2: As a TV show though, It's like they get in a frame combiners.
Speaker 1: But then are you accepting new members? Can any guy join and be part of the new ghost?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I wanted to know if there was any other girls like you, japp and to do this will trips with.
Speaker 2: I hope it's just a guy to be worried more about an exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saying you're still interested in this Juliet, even if he is going around naked with his buddies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I have a hard time bringing this up because as soon as the lady finds out about it, I tend to get burned.
Speaker 3: That's why you're bringing up ghosting.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and he takes his clothes off while he.
Speaker 2: Does it, so I think it's the naked part that's probably hard for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Chad, I will tell you this. Julia has played Dungeons and Dragons before, so she is kind of nerdy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 1: That's weird. She doesn't even know what Okay, maybe we don't need to be that judgment, got it. It's a it's a joke.
Speaker 4: Just so you know.
Speaker 5: I am not a fan of dungeons and dragons. I've definitely tried it a few times.
Speaker 1: Not my thing, Okay, Okay, I don't know where. We're kind of running short on time here, so we need to ask you.
Speaker 4: Chad.
Speaker 1: It feels like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You can make a lot of money off this show. Proposal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chad, you're still up for seeing Julia?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 1: Okay, And Julia, you're cool with dating a naked ghost hunter.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a little different, it's unique. I think I'll think I'll take it.
Speaker 1: That's how rough the current dating scene is you know what, fine, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: He looks out a shirt on. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's less creepy if you're a hot naked Yes, if you're.
Speaker 4: Ghost here touch one of my apps, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We have talked to all different kinds of professions in this segment, doctors, mechanics, models, but never, at least not that I can remember. Have we ever talked to a sweet nude ghost hunter?
Speaker 3: Never before, Joe, I can't confirm who.
Speaker 1: Wants to like make it his full time gig. Nonetheless, why do I feel.
Speaker 2: Like and maybe this is me being judgy, but he's got to be the only really hot one. There can be multiple really hot naked ghost hunters.
Speaker 1: One's got a gun, Lexus and I like to think optimistically, and it's like a whole team of soccer players. I actually do hope that he gets a show. Though. It's really like Brooke described naked and afraid meets ghost hunting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did you get.
Speaker 5: All the girls watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're also scared ghost? All the girls actually come out, They're like, hello.
Speaker 1: No matter how weird your dating life gets, even if it's naked ghost hunters in your life. We can try and help you out. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our Second Day podcast Wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey