Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Let's kiss you.
Speaker 3: Yell more Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, we're back for another episode of Parenthood, Season one, Episode eleven.
Speaker 3: Great episode. I laughed out loud and remember why? Well, we'll come to it.
Speaker 1: So Zeke shakes things up while staying with Adam and Christina as Camille immerses herself in her art.
Speaker 3: I need to know who played this is an assignment for Jackie. While we talk who played the guy that Camille?
Speaker 1: We have seen him, so many seen him and it's gonna buy.
Speaker 3: First of all, let's just get to it. Do you need Did you finish this?
Speaker 1: No? I haven't yet. Okay. Julia turns in an old flame to help her dad, upsetting Joel. Meanwhile, Amber feels guilty about Hattie and krassby consider settling down with Jasmine and Jabbar.
Speaker 3: What's the title of this episode, solace? Okay, let me start right out the gate. Amber. Should she have even told Hattie?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: You think? Yes? She did the right thing by telling.
Speaker 1: Because otherwise good old Steve would have said something.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: She did the right thing. She's a right thing for sure.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, now I remember where I saw him from. Okay, so like I had to plays Matthew, uh huh? Is his name is Joaquim de Almedia. Maybe if you watched Queen of the South, you good know exactly who it is.
Speaker 3: That's not how I know.
Speaker 1: It is one of literally my favorite shows ever. It was Camillea Vargas's husband in the show.
Speaker 3: I know him from something different, so that's good for those people I know him from. I don't know him. He's been in everything fast X, but that's not how I know him. By the way, I'm having a hot flash right now, like everybody to know. If you listen to the Gazette, you know what it's like hit Man's bodyguard. I'm having a massive hot flash. I know him from something, but I don't know what it is. But this guy is super recognizable. Revenge the TV show. The other one is Tim.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's okay, whose storyline do you want to break down first?
Speaker 3: Okay, start with Amber and Hattie. I feel like Amber told Hattie too soon or something. I just don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I think Amber did the right thing. I think, uh, the second that Hattie invited her to the sleepover to be basically bashed on Steve, she should have said, hey, before I did this lumber party, got something to tell you. Yeah. I look, I think Amber did the right thing in doing that because Steve rightime. I feel like Steve would have fumbled that if Amber didn't, and it's better that it came from Amber versus Steve. I did love that they broke Steve CDs. That felt very much of my childhood and things that we would have done in high schoolcause.
Speaker 3: I'm of the mixed tape Europe. But then we did burn CDs, but I never broke them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like it seems like I remember my boyfriend used to give me mixed CDs all the time. Oh my god, that was such a thing.
Speaker 3: Same thing, just tapes, right, But yeah, I know, I think she did the right thing.
Speaker 1: I do. I'm still bamboozled that Steve is played by I know.
Speaker 3: I actually really thought about that a lot, and I don't even watch Housewives, but I see him differently now.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, yeah, no, it's it.
Speaker 3: Tim was in something else. We know. Also, let's go to Tim because that was hilarious. Sam Jagger, why do I always forget his name? Sim Jigger's Jewel Joel just making fun of Tim and everything with them, and then at the end when the daughter goes m or whatever she did. So.
Speaker 1: Tim is played by Matthew Donnegro, and he was from something.
Speaker 3: I feel like Scandal or something like that, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's kind of done a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at his IMDb.
Speaker 3: I always noticed him by his white teeth. He was on NCIA, let's see, on Scandal. I know I'm from I know from something Scandal sixteen episodes. That's where I knew him.
Speaker 1: The West Wing. He was on the West Wing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all his gibber jabber about real estate. Though I think Joel's right. Joel's like, no, we're not doing that. I'll go and figure this out. Like I like Joel. He was on Joel and Sam Jigger is so good on Handmaid Stale also, so can can we give that guy his props or full hours?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I find I find this to be interesting because there is a little bit of hypocrisy in this storyline, in the sense that like Joel and Raquel, and Julia was like, hey, I don't like Raquel. I don't like Raquel, YadA, YadA. And Joel was like.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Do you want our friend our kids to be friends? Do you want do you want her to lose her bff over your you were indifferences and the fact that Jewels or that Raquel made him move on me or whatever, right he had that that was the whole storyline in the beginning of the series. And now Julia is not even into Tim to let Tim come for dinner, right, But then he was like no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no, that's because Tim is that guy. Tim was full of pretty cents on the dollar, come on out, no California real estate.
Speaker 1: He was. And I think this was the first time he was established that Joel was like a contractor, right, Like I didn't know that before. I feel like Joel's going to come in and save the day.
Speaker 3: I do too, weirdly, and I can't even remember.
Speaker 1: Like I do feel that. I feel like Tim is going to do whatever, He'll go away at some point.
Speaker 3: First he's gone. I think Tim's gone for now.
Speaker 1: It was just one and done.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I don't think we ever see Tim again.
Speaker 1: I do like it, though, I do.
Speaker 3: It was funny, good fodder between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Well, you're also like seeing like the two types of men Julia could have ended up with totally, and we.
Speaker 3: Learned it was her prom day.
Speaker 1: Right right, And in any other world you Julia matches up more with Tim, But I love that she's with Joel totally.
Speaker 3: I like, there's a lot happening in this episode, and I like it. Let's go to save uh Bonnie Badelia for the end, Let's go to Dax and Joy Bryan. They were real cute having that dinner.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 3: What else happened with that?
Speaker 1: And Crosby was shopping for homes and you see that that's where the real estate agent's like, so many people are gonna be in here?
Speaker 3: You still, I don't know. Maybe definitely the piano, the moving of the pm I was pretty hilarious to It just reminded me of Pivot.
Speaker 1: Pivot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was funny. Those four together. You never see those four together, and that was great. It was Joel, it was Adam, it was Crosby and Sarah's son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Drew. All I can say is that I've never seen a lighter piano in my entire life.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure it was like a fake piano, couch for the thought was a fake couch, and I thought about that.
Speaker 1: It has to be. Yeah, like Crosby, Jasmine and Jabbar, they're they're good, they're good.
Speaker 3: Did he get the place? Did he get the place?
Speaker 1: It didn't say we don't have the payoff there. We don't have the payoff that I remember. But he's definitely, you know, really interested in that house and it and he's in this like weird crossroads where he's like, do I am I shopping for myself? Or am I shopping for a family? Right, so you see that kind of you know.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Bonnie Badelia.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought you wanted to say it to the end? Did you want to save it to the end?
Speaker 3: Did I skip somebody? Adam and Manica Potter, everybody's kind of really a round Zeke oh Zeke kind of trying to take over the house and get Max a dog. When Max the turtle, I know another part that made me laugh. The turtle's missing?
Speaker 1: Did you look and see you away?
Speaker 3: Where you left him? So good?
Speaker 2: It is so good?
Speaker 1: It was so so.
Speaker 3: So good. And then I love that he saw Adam taking care of Max.
Speaker 1: And realizes that he's a good dad and that he never did that for his kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really good.
Speaker 1: And also just awkwardly saying, hey, Hattie, great job for not having Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And she's just like thanks Grandpa, Like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, if my grandfather ever told me that, I would have just I would have done that. Homer Simpson disappears in the bushes. It's just been like and I'm gone.
Speaker 3: It was so hilariously a lot. Zeke is a lot, but also there's more to the story. I think with Zeke. You know, he made some good points, like you haven't been married forty seven years. And also, uh, we don't know what Camille's doing. I feel like Camille's just boun So are we too assume Camille slept with the guy?
Speaker 1: Yes, brutal? All right, so let's dig into that.
Speaker 3: Sarah Rudal, Oh all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's dig into that. So Camille is, you know, down right, and Sarah is you know, is heartbroken for her mother after Camille tells her that Zeke had had an affair. Essentially, so Sarah, I mean, Camille is going to a work party or not a work party and art club, like yeah, all the people in our art group are are going to this art gallery whatever party. And so Sarah's like, I'll go with you, right, And so they're both dressed to the nines. My heart broke when go over and call Camille all dressed up, and he literally was like like where you go? You know, like, yeah, oh my heart broke so bad.
Speaker 3: You look beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh that was so sad, but yeah, I mean whatever. They go to the party and Camille's like, oh, this is my art teacher, and they were flirty, flirty, flirty flirty, and Camille evens is like even just tell Sarah like, oh, I'm going to go to this next hit the road Jack like leave me alone. And I think at that moment, Sarah knew that like her mom was gonna do.
Speaker 3: She randomly says something, has an outburst with that random and then weirdly, they had a subtle mention for Sex and the City too. Did you hear that there's a mention for Sex and the City too. That's why at first I thought, is this guy in Sex and the City Too?
Speaker 1: But what would you have done in that situation? Like you just vomit, but you gotta let your mom do what she's gonna she.
Speaker 3: Is but it's so cringedastic, You're just like, and they have been separated for all of one day, Like that's the other thing.
Speaker 1: You're like, Oh, I think yes, but I think also not. You can tell that they haven't been you know, they've been dealing with this for a while now. Just everyone knows, right, how.
Speaker 3: Does everybody know? Or do only Adam and Sarah? Only Adam and Sarah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean the four kids know that the.
Speaker 3: Money problems, but I think only Adam and Sarah at this point.
Speaker 1: Right, you're right, right? And would you would you say in this instance, this is a debate which can leave people really upset, would you say that Camil cheated on Zeke here?
Speaker 3: So thank you for asking that. It definitely crossed my mind. I'm gonna say no, but yes, Like it's all to one, one man's no is another man's yes.
Speaker 1: Right, it can go both ways either way. I lean on the side of yes, and.
Speaker 3: I'll lean on the side of no, although we're both right right, right, tough.
Speaker 1: One now now, now it's going to be this whole thing. Does Sarah tell oh, does Sarah tell Adam? Does she tell Zeke that Camille slept with her art teacher? Take this to the grave?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 1: Like what does Camille eventually break down and tell everybody?
Speaker 3: But then Camille is already breaking down. Totally reminded me of Emily Gilmour when she goes out on that date.
Speaker 1: Right. So, but you know what's interesting is at the end when uh, Zeke and Adam have their like thing and Adam's like, how doubt could you do that to mom? And he said something along the lines of like, she's not innocent, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's very complicated, you can tell you something.
Speaker 1: So I feel like there's more to Camille. Maybe she had her own affair at that time, or had in the past before Zeke even cheated on her. I don't know, but there's definitely something to Camille that she has messed up prior to this time. In my opinion based off of that conversation, Oh.
Speaker 3: There's just much more to the story. I'm convinced of it all. It's a very replicated situation we're dealing with here.
Speaker 1: Right, and then the payoff is, you know, the piano goes to get is brought down from the attic. Camille turns the attic into an art studio, and Zeke finds the turtle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I did, have a nice little bow. Yeah, but it was a good episode. I had some gig it was. I'm going to give it a nine right now, right now.
Speaker 1: Zeke and Camille's storyline is crushing. It is It is the Richard and Emily. Yeah what season was that for? Were they not the demise of their relationship?
Speaker 3: You never come back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never want the people that've been married for forty plus years to.
Speaker 3: Like interesting coming to the end of season one because season one is only thirteen episodes, Oh wow, yeah, so we're on episode what eight?
Speaker 1: No, this is eleven.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we only have two more of the season.
Speaker 1: Oh wow yeah yeah wow, yep, so.
Speaker 3: That's kind of interesting. We're coming to the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Well nine four for me?
Speaker 3: Oh nice, I'm going nine. But I really enjoyed it. Yeah, I really enjoyed it. God, this series is so good. I don't know how we end this.
Speaker 1: Braverman's Out.
Speaker 2: Braverman's Out.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody talk forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all in podcast and email US at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.