Speaker 1: It's taken a while, but I've done it.
Speaker 2: I've connected Boy Meets World with MASH or seven Degrees with Kevin bacon'sty No, like it'll be one degree and it is now Cannon as far as I'm concerned. Okay, So yes, the world, it's they live in the same world, and I think the characters or some of them, the families have met. So there's a very famous episode of MASH called Adam's Ribs. It's arguably one of the most famous episodes of MASH. Ever, Yeah, Hawkeye freaks out because they've had the same liver fish every day to eat for eleven straight days. He starts to go nuts, and he starts to have a craving for ribs from a very specific place called Adam's Ribs in Chicago. So he calls the place in Chicago, he orders the ribs up, and now they have to find a way to get.
Speaker 1: The ribs from Chicago to Korea.
Speaker 2: So he's asking everyone in the camp, hey, does anybody have an idea of how does anybody know anybody in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Bubba.
Speaker 2: Finally, Trapper John, his best friend there and roommate says to him, I dated a woman.
Speaker 1: But it was a one night stand. God, what was her name? Mildred, Mildred Feenie, that is who we had. And they call Mildred Seieni in Chicago.
Speaker 3: First time you've ever mentioned, no that someone has the last name Seene.
Speaker 2: Was double checking to get the numbers right before I brought it up mirror well because the years it's nineteen fifty one, okay, fifty yeah, supposed to be fifty one at this.
Speaker 1: Point of the need.
Speaker 2: So Phoene is so, I'm thinking it's missed our George Feene's sister who's from Chicago. So I think Trapper John from Mash actually slept with george sister. Boy meets World and Mash Same World unconnected.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, right, will right.
Speaker 3: This was big for me, so I love my One of my favorite moments of doing this podcast is when I realize how much free time Will has, you know.
Speaker 4: Astounded, and he's like, how many miles am I going to walk.
Speaker 5: I'm going to have to do today?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to walk through my day like an average day? How many I wake up at? I wake up at seven thirty in the morning and I lie in bed time for at least forty five minutes looking at my phone doing word all connections framed.
Speaker 5: Gosh, you're not out of bed until eight fifteen.
Speaker 1: About eight fifteen.
Speaker 2: Then I get my what depends I'm gonna say, this is a non podcast day?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: So then I get my dog dressed up and I put on am I the asshole?
Speaker 6: Or my Does your dog refuse to put his shoes on?
Speaker 5: And no?
Speaker 6: Like I cry a little before?
Speaker 1: Now, No, she loves it, she says, your dog out of shoes.
Speaker 6: You have to pack your dog at lunch? No, make sure that okay, No, it's all about me about it? So dog's done its homework the night before. You have to make sure home.
Speaker 5: Your dog wake up in a grumpy mood.
Speaker 3: Sometimes make you while you're walking at the door.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, I actually have to poop.
Speaker 4: You know, you're twenty minutes late for school.
Speaker 1: Nog.
Speaker 6: Dog doesn't do that.
Speaker 2: Every time I open my eyes in the morning, the first thing I hear is a song, good morning, good morning, good And I go and the bed magically moves and makes itself. It is a magical world. Then I then walk my dog while listening to podcasts or something I'll enjoy for a good forty five minutes to an hour, and then I come back and I do my better me for a half hour, which is my my and then I do forty five minutes to an hour of cardio of either running or the elliptical. I then take a nice long shower while reading my Yeah, I taketics walk.
Speaker 5: This mostly for the by noon.
Speaker 2: So my goal and I hit it is by noon every day I have at least eleven thousand steps. Wow.
Speaker 1: So then after that, I eat my lunch and then I nap and.
Speaker 5: I work out all morning.
Speaker 2: I eat, I nap, and then I get up and I walk the dog again, and then I come back and I trink it morning all over it I do. I do another cardio session of either elliptical, and then three days a week I have a personal trainer for weight and then uh, I have dinner, I watch whatever television show I want to watch. I'll maybe sipping an adult beverage, and then I go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: And then the next day I do it again.
Speaker 2: And that's the joy or I pot you know, like on these mornings, I'll push everything. So I'll do that same day, but starting at noon because we podcast from now, so I literally get out of bed and come into my room and podcast, and then my other days I do Magical. We want to start at eleven, so I could do most of my stuff in the morning before.
Speaker 1: Magical, and that's my day. It's similar to your days, am I right? With your children?
Speaker 6: It's kind of the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So Mash and Boy mets World connected. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's beautiful, So thank you for sharing that with us. I'm actually very excited.
Speaker 5: I uh but that is veryful.
Speaker 6: In the same snow globe, which is part of some dream of a child, isn't that like same elsewhere?
Speaker 1: How that the dream of the child? You're that's uh oh God, come on.
Speaker 6: With same elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it New Heart, New Heart?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: New Heart was waking up in the bed?
Speaker 2: They woke up in the bed next to each other and New Heart and he was next to his wife from his original show and owning the everything.
Speaker 1: No, the snow globe was damn it. I can't remember the snow glow. Was it Saint elsewere it might be else? Okay, there you go. Then yes, we're all in.
Speaker 4: Which I've never seen a single episode of sant elsewere me.
Speaker 1: I've only seen one or two back in the day. They're great. I mean that was like the er back in the day was Saint Elsewhere.
Speaker 6: That was like the show.
Speaker 1: But there you go.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Pond Mets World.
Speaker 1: I'm Daniel Fisher, I'm Rider Strong, and I am so well rested. I'm Wilford.
Speaker 5: Welcome to season six, episode two.
Speaker 3: It is her answer Part two changing names.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 6: Just change the name.
Speaker 3: Nobody pays attention to those anyway. It originally aired October nineteen ninety eight. This synopsis when Tabanga finds that she can't say I do at the altar. Things get worse as Amy gets angry and Eric tries to stop mister Feeney's retirement. It was directed by David Kendall. It was written by Matthew Nelson. And before I jump into our guest stars, which are the same two as last week. Uh did what are your overall thoughts of this episode?
Speaker 5: Did you like it more than the first one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, I did not like it. Okay, well any more okay, I did not.
Speaker 1: Like the second one.
Speaker 2: I loved seeing Betsy and Rusty act together, having stuff to do and how good Betsy is when you give her an actual storyline and so stuff her act the action actually acting, and the two of them together was a wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I hated Tapanga in this episode, really, I absolutely did.
Speaker 1: I and we'll get into it.
Speaker 7: I I did not like to Pange at all, who was a very different person than our friend who was hosting the show with us, many totally different prace.
Speaker 6: You just don't I do not like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exact no, I did not like. Yeah. And of course now the Eric stuff is just everything's joke.
Speaker 1: There's no there's no quiet. There's no it's just.
Speaker 6: There's no quiet. It's a good way to.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 6: But you must have been enjoying this, Yeah, of course, I feel like I will back then was like cool, this is great. It wasn't until later that you probably started getting annoyed with how well now?
Speaker 1: I mean then I was it was fine all.
Speaker 6: The way through season, But you said that.
Speaker 2: The lottery and stuff like that, it gets it gets so crazy but and not crazy fun like plays with girls crazy fun, but just like what the hell is this? But yeah, this is we're now officially to peak crazy. And because Matt and I were were peak Matt and I like, we're having a ton of fun together. But it's just it's like it's just rough and I feel just feel bad every time Maitland's on screen. I feel bad for her because it's like, Wow, they've given you nothing and you're like a weird sex object.
Speaker 1: And yes it was this way, and it.
Speaker 6: Really doesn't connect with the a story doesn't trying to think there's no like nothing which nothing. You know, Boyman's world used to always have that nice integration, you know, even if it took a little a second for you to figure it out, But like in this case, I really it just feels like completely.
Speaker 3: You look at it, like Corey and Topanga have an evolution of their relationship, they go from a couple to an engaged couple to possibly a married couple.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I guess if you looked at it like.
Speaker 3: Oh, and then these three roommates are going to evolve their relationship from potential date.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess if you want to real blanket it like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I like me too. I like she also is like sort of a Topanga who chose to be single, like and that could have been you know, if she could have done Yale. She's supposed to be a scholarship to ye know, she's supposed to be very smart, which is not playing into the storyline or the character at all anymore. They're not writing to that one iota. But that actually could have been great if she's like this independent woman who comes in and is like, I don't want to be a relationship. I'm all about my career or all about my own intellectual life. You know, she could have been the anti topanga in that way, or like an alternative to panga. Yeah, they just don't know. There's not anything.
Speaker 1: It's all one going to take a bath, like, okay, gonna be a.
Speaker 5: Different short rope, different short.
Speaker 1: Rope, come on. So yeah, it's it's it's not great one for me. How about you? Did you like it, Danielle?
Speaker 5: I liked it more than I liked the first one?
Speaker 3: Oh really, really, Yeah, I liked it more than I liked the first one.
Speaker 5: I thought it was so funny that we fell for it.
Speaker 3: We fell for it, guys, we didn't remember that the outcome of it ends up being that we're gonna be engaged and just wait, which is why, which is.
Speaker 6: Why they had to save it. I mean, I mentioned when we were talking about the episode, is like, because if they offered that, you just take it. It's such an obvious answer to both for all the problems. So they have to like not bring it up because if anybody brought it up, everybody would.
Speaker 5: Be everybody like, yeah, that's a good idea, just right.
Speaker 6: It's too logical, it's too rational.
Speaker 3: So I did think that was funny because like the end of the episode ended, and I was like, there's this whole thing of like, so, what did you decide?
Speaker 5: I'm sitting on my couch going, come on, what did you decide? And then it's.
Speaker 3: Revealed that what we decided is we're engaged, but we're not rushing into anything.
Speaker 5: We'll let you know when we're ready.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Oh, I understand why they needed to have these two episodes to kind of one of the points, I think being to show that they are mature enough.
Speaker 1: To maybe make their own decisions, make their own.
Speaker 5: Decisions, because they don't do this.
Speaker 3: They even if they react, they don't follow through on the reaction, they don't end up getting married. They're measured. They make this decision, and so I get it.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, I liked.
Speaker 3: I certainly liked it more than art one I did not love. I loved the Amy Allen storyline. Like you said, will love their acting, love all of that. I do not, in any way, shape or form love this idea that Amy is jealous of Topanga because now Topenga is going to lay out his clothes and bake for him or whatever it is, that that's he's getting mom, and that she is jealous of me.
Speaker 6: Now that all of that stuff I think could have been played for comedy and would have been fine, but it's really played for drama. Like I give you the mantle of being his mom, and you're like, that's that's probably not something we should all be proud of or expect. That's that's let's let's examine Corey needing a mom for a moment. Maybe he is a little too young to get married, if he's wanted somebody to pick up after him, and you know, yes, watch his socks, Like.
Speaker 3: That's I just I think also it's a very male interpretation of a woman's feelings. I can totally see there being an amount of jealousy when you are the mom of an adult man who their whole lives. Boys love their moms.
Speaker 5: Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, and then.
Speaker 3: They become obsessed with girls and now I don't need you, mom, I don't need you, and the the all their attention goes to this girl, whoever the girlfriend is. I can see there being like a you know, there was a time where you thought I was the greatest woman in the entire world.
Speaker 5: I can see that.
Speaker 3: But that would have happened early on in Corey into Pega's relationship.
Speaker 5: It would not have happened.
Speaker 3: It would not happen because now they're going to get married and he's going to move out of her house, and so that means she to Pega is going to lay out his clothes.
Speaker 5: That just like really rubbed me the wrong way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for me, it doesn't rub me the wrong way. As a concept, it's just the self seriousness, like the way it's treated like it's this great like it's it's actually an emotional thing that she and Topanga need to learn and to come to terms with and that they need to accept and bridge between the two. Was like, whoa like play for a joke, like I'm passing the mantle of rain his clothes. That could be funny, like I get it, like, because there is some truth to that, but not to make it like it's this wonderful thing. It's I mean, for me, it's so funny that you didn't like to Panga in this will, because like Corey just rubbed me like I was like, wait, what happened? Like the first episode, clearly he's oscillating between marriage not marriage, right, you know, And so for him to be so angry and righteous about the whole first half of this episode, I was like, dude, on the way here, you were freaking out about it. You changed your mind, you know, like that was the whole point in the last.
Speaker 4: Episode, and it just didn't you'll, right.
Speaker 2: That's why I like Topega is because it was like she was driving it at first, and then it was I we're going down the aisle, and then not only am I going to say I can't marry you, but then I'm.
Speaker 1: Just gonna leave you there. I'm not gonna explain anything.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna turn around and leave you with standing in front of these other two people without saying why not giving you an explanation, And then we're going to cut to the car where then at the end, Corey apologizes to Tapenga like he's.
Speaker 1: Like, well, but he says something and she's like, there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, he she dragged him there and then left him there after proposing to him without explaining why.
Speaker 6: But I get every right to be angry. No, I mean he's been all over the place the whole first episode. So it seems to me like the actual reaction for both Corey and to Panga would be like, what is happening?
Speaker 5: What do you drag him to this place?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: She it they went together, they went it.
Speaker 5: Was his idea. He was like, come on, we're getting out of here.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're going and she's like in the last one, she's like, well wait, if you're so into this, why did you just pass the thing?
Speaker 1: And he's like don't.
Speaker 2: So he's the one who's still not entirely sure what's going on, and she is.
Speaker 1: They get down the aisle. He says, I do.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 1: I'll be there forever.
Speaker 2: She says I can't and go sorry and bails, Yeah, make Corey, look we shouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 1: We but just leaves him standing there in front.
Speaker 2: Of these two people like hey, and he's like it was actually her idea, And then they get into the car and she's like, well, how long are you going to be mad at me?
Speaker 1: And then she said and then he's.
Speaker 2: Like you're right, and she's like thank you, like like, yeah, you did owe me some pot. It's like, wait, this was all on to Pang what the what the hell?
Speaker 6: He comes in with so much anger and actually, to me it seems angry. It seems like the joke is that he's angry that he's not going to get to lose his virginity, though I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of references to that.
Speaker 6: Of course, sort of like course, so I got I was like, dude, Corey, like why not ask her why she you know, like, why not be like sympathetic to the fact that this obviously just panicked and freaked out for very clear reasons that you should understand because you know, an hour.
Speaker 1: Ago, you all we're going back. And that's why I disagree.
Speaker 2: See, to me, the scene should have taken the the visual of the young couple scared explaining why they shouldn't get married right in front of the couple that's been together for sixty years is the scene. So for her to just go sorry and leave and he's wanted.
Speaker 5: They wanted automatic opening though. I mean, that's all it is, running off and leaving him there.
Speaker 1: I agree that I don't like her.
Speaker 5: I don't think she would have I don't if they were.
Speaker 2: They just needed a dramatic, little sympathetic things at the end, like I'm so sorry you hate me Amy like that, all those kind of things. It was like, oh, now she's playing the martyr. It was like, I just didn't. I thought to Panga was.
Speaker 1: All over the place in this episode, and I didn't.
Speaker 2: It was for the first time where I was really like, oh, I'm not a fan of hers this time. And then Ben is Ben Corey is always takes that righteous tone. And I kept hearing Michael's voice in my head for a lot of the Cory scenes, or anger is never funny. Stop playing anger, Stop playing anger, And he played anger for most of the episode.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it was yeah, no, I agree. That was It was that car sane. That car scene just drove me crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: It was like what And it's because of the way it's written, is like, yeah, Corey is just so angry, and it's like kind of in this generic funny way.
Speaker 2: It's like, ah, you know there's in ten minutes and it's like, okay, well wait then are you mad it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a weird episode.
Speaker 5: Well, let's jump into our recab.
Speaker 3: We do have guest starring Bill moriy A's Judge b Miss again his second and final Boy Meets World appearance.
Speaker 5: We saw him in Pariship.
Speaker 6: They got paid for two weeks, yeah, showed up for one day yep.
Speaker 5: And the same with Connie Sawyer who played Fufie. So we get our new.
Speaker 2: As we were talking about foofye the whole time I'm watching the episode, I was thinking to myself, this was nineteen ninety eight, and this old woman twenty years for another twenty years after this.
Speaker 1: That was awesome. I just kept thinking she was one hundred and five.
Speaker 5: So that means she was eighty five when we did this. She lived for twenty more years.
Speaker 1: Twenty more ears.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: So we get our new totally spontaneous opening credits and the right into a very small recap our second in a row, but this time just for the season one opener. We hear Corey say with a picture of him at the altar and shock. In case you didn't see last week's boy meets World. Here's why I have this look on my face, and Judge Beamis repeats the question to Topanga does she take Corey to be her husband? And now we're in real time at the wedding chapel to Panker's to Pega stutters I I, and then there's some laughter.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 1: Should change your name to.
Speaker 6: She's a banger.
Speaker 5: Corey tries to help her out, whispering dude.
Speaker 3: Still she can't form the words I I.
Speaker 5: Corey adds, we got I.
Speaker 3: We're looking for do to Pega winds down and says, this is just the range, just thing. Corey excuses them for a moment, pulling her.
Speaker 5: Off to the side.
Speaker 6: You can do this.
Speaker 5: I did it.
Speaker 3: Don't leave me up here in my wedding dress. To Panga insists she'd try again, and they returned to the judge.
Speaker 6: Now we're cooking gas. Doesn't he say something like, I Amanda, I was a man about it, told.
Speaker 5: Does Yeah, that's so funny. I don't remember that, but yeah I was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now we're cooking with gas, Judge be Miss exclaims to Panga tries again, I I.
Speaker 5: The entire group helps her this time.
Speaker 6: Do do.
Speaker 5: She shakes her head. Can't. I can't. Corey shouts, oh, you hate to see that.
Speaker 3: She apologizes to Corey, Judge be miss and foofye and then she hurries out of the room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was my first indication that the Corey like yeah, I hate to see that. I'm like, wait, who is this Corey? Yeah, I know, I get it. It's a funny line, right, like it's a it's a like this and the next scene, I feel like we're written for like yelling banter, which is like trying to be funny, but it's actually doesn't make any sense with Corey's character, and actually he would be hurt and concerned like that is the Corey Corey would be like. And it actually is like this reversion to first season Corey where he's like the smart Alecy.
Speaker 5: Like RS is always out and it's.
Speaker 6: Not it just doesn't fit. It's like hold on like he is. And then he turns on Amy in like three scenes with so much like and it's like hold on, but if that Corey would be so concerned about his wife to be right now and like I don't know, it's just like but instead we get there, like I drive a thousand miles and she don't like my tone. I'm like, who is this? What is happening? What happened to the neurotic guy? Like he would be freaked out. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's like I thought that deserved more anger than anything else, because I felt that was like she just dumped, just left him right there at the altar after proposing to him, and they went through this whole thing and now she's like, I'm out, and I was like, oh okay, So that I felt like that anger. But then it was switched in the car where she was. Then there was both angry at each other.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a strange tone for the start of the episode. All the way around.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, yeah, I agree. This next car scene we'll jump into. But Corey watches her leave and wonders aloud above dramatic music.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny, she asked me, He asked me. Now we're in Corey's.
Speaker 3: Car a deep in thought. To Panga sits in the passenger seat. Corey sarcastically announces, I am so sorry my family missed that. To Panga apologizes, but Corey doesn't appreciate this answer. Wow, he yells out, She admits she doesn't know what to say. Corey quickly responds, do you know do it's the first half of your favorite word, don't to PEG's unamused. I don't like your tone, Corey laughs. I drive a thousand miles to marry er and she don't like my tone. That is really rich that uh and she don't like my tone is a verbatim Michael Jacobs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, all of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's like it's it's a heightened comedy voice that is funny on its own, but in the context of like our show and in the context of Corey really doesn't work for me. And I was just like, this feels off, this doesn't feel right, and yeah, and then like your favorite word is don't and then this whole next round about it'll have to be white burning white, sound like virgin references. Okay. I was like, he's angry because he's not getting laid like that kind of which maybe could have been funny, but instead it just felt I don't know, it just didn't work for me.
Speaker 2: Can we Also, I don't get the timing of the episode, meaning they drove a thousand miles and then there's a scene where everybody comes over.
Speaker 1: It's three o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the morning, and then they have a party waiting for them when they get.
Speaker 5: Back in the morning. The next day. Yeah, in the next day.
Speaker 2: It's the next day, okay, because then Phoene says something about what you did tonight?
Speaker 5: Right, because yeah, it's like it's we've stayed up all night Corey.
Speaker 1: Into tonight as if it's the same day, but they just haven't.
Speaker 6: So if they really drove a thousand miles, right, you're talking, yeah, hours and hours of driving. H they won't get home until next morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, Yeah, I was just it was weird trying to figure out what the actual breakdown of the.
Speaker 4: Wow drive a thousand miles to get married?
Speaker 6: You don't you go to you go to the East coast, you go to uh, Atlantic City, Atlantic City, and you go get married.
Speaker 1: It's not that hard to think.
Speaker 3: Six times, Topanga explains that she wants their families at the wedding, and she wants to wear a wedding dress, a white, lacy wedding dress.
Speaker 5: Cory scowls, of course white.
Speaker 3: The way we're going bright white, snow white whiter than the white hot light of a thousand burning suns. She asks how long he's going to be mad at her, and he confidently answers ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Do you think Corey would marry to Panga if they were having sex?
Speaker 2: Honestly, like, I think that's they've made it to where that's really important to him. It's one of the reasons he's getting married is because he wants to have sex.
Speaker 6: Is that we need to have a Q and A episode put this to our listeners. It's as important as should she have gone to you would if he was not a virgin?
Speaker 1: Would they still have gotten missed?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to We can talk about that in a separate episode, but I do think once Tapenga says I want our families there, that's the reason she said no. I don't know why he's still angry, and I also don't know why she hasn't said that right away when they got in the car. This feels dramatic for the sake of being dramatic, yep, as opposed to just communicating, Like Corey, I got up there and I realized, even if this is a legal marriage, this isn't what I want I want to nobody who knows us and I mean he says it later when they say our marriage should be a celebration, not a secret.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's I think. I think the way the idea is that she's processing it in real time, which okay, it could have been like I think. I think if if Tapanga just realizes like, oh my god, I can't do the thing I'm supposed to say, I can't say the thing I'm supposed to say, and then sits in the car and is like, no, Corey, I wanted I realized, you know, if it was more present tense, and it's just the way it's written and the way it's played is like as if.
Speaker 2: You yelling at each other. Yeah, correction doesn't Yeah, it doesn't work in this situation. It's funny a lot of times with Corey and Topanga, but not with the seriousness of what just happened.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't fit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, then we're in the Matthew's kitchen. Amy and Allan are in their pajamas, worrying about Corey. Amy's looking through old photographs, and Alan is doing some business with a juice box.
Speaker 5: I love that, uh.
Speaker 6: Juice box business.
Speaker 3: That's the other name of the everybody's got. Amy wonders how one disagreement could have led to all of this. Alan says there is no way he'd get married without them, but when Amy asks if he's sure, Alan says absolutely not. He reminds her it's okay though, because they're having another one. Amy holds her belly. I'm giving you the next eighteen years of my life. Don't you ever do anything without me? Allan assures her he won't, and neither will I. So let's all go to bed. It's a quarter after three. Only creeps and weirdos are up.
Speaker 6: Now number one we're gonna do. This is the gift that keeps giving dies less funny every.
Speaker 1: Single time I disagree that great. I thought it was he with a voice.
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Amy assumes you were thinking about your brother, weren't you? Eric sarcastically nods, Yeah, I got a six foot tall wonder woman sleeping in the room next to me.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about my brother though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then why go over?
Speaker 2: Why not be at home with the six foot tall wonder woman who's asleep in the room next to her at the foot of her bed, creepily like he ap currently wants to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Eric explains while grabbing a juice box, Jamie, if you know my current situation, I.
Speaker 6: Really I knew.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh, will so pissed. It's not a soda can.
Speaker 6: He can't tell he's got He's gonna figure out how to get that strong I can't get. I can see it, figure it out, what to do with it?
Speaker 1: The chair and then put the same I need business. I need business.
Speaker 5: I have so much business.
Speaker 3: I love it, and there's nothing on TV. So what are you guys doing up? The only people up now are creeps and weirdos.
Speaker 5: On cue. Sean, how you doing?
Speaker 3: He walks to the fridge to also have some JBB baby disinfects the counter.
Speaker 5: So much business.
Speaker 6: Everybody got to do something, man, we're all just sitting in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Business kitchen a line, talking in a line talking, writer's favorite thing.
Speaker 5: Don complaints eighteen years.
Speaker 3: I'm his best friend. I raise him right, teach him everything I know. Amy reminds him that he wanted Corey to get married, but Sean adds, but.
Speaker 5: Not without me. I was supposed to be the best man.
Speaker 3: Eric is offended. I'm supposed to be the best man. Then he figures it out. Maybe that's why they eloped. They couldn't choose between us.
Speaker 5: Sean stares at him blankly and with a.
Speaker 1: Great such a good read.
Speaker 6: This is a very weird read. I was like, you know what, I actually did not play the joke at all, which makes it even funny. It was like he is so earnest, like I am so disappointed and for him, yes, I'm like, oh my god, this is like just no. And it's like I can't believe the audience went for it though, Like it actually is not a sitcom read. It's like a straight drama read. It's like you poor poor man. But I don't, like, my brain can't go to the it's so good.
Speaker 5: It was so good.
Speaker 7: I'm just glad that the audience went like glad I did not.
Speaker 6: Play so much.
Speaker 1: She might have been my favorite joke of the entire Oh.
Speaker 6: That's funny, because I was like, that is a truly weird writer read, Like, I don't think I was playing the joke at all. It was perfect, perfect sometimes the best comedy man. Yeah, played for the joke at all. Right.
Speaker 3: They eloped because Amy and Allen tried telling them what to do. They drove up north to see some justice of the peace, or at least that's what he said in the message he left them. Alan is shocked he really did get married. Amy hits her husband with a handtowel.
Speaker 6: Then here's the thing that we're talking about last episode, Like, so they all just now they actually.
Speaker 5: Have they finally, my god.
Speaker 3: Finally he left about one a message saying we went to a justice of the peace.
Speaker 5: But this is the first time, any worst time, actual confirmation exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for the record, one thousand miles north of Philadelphia is in Canada.
Speaker 6: Did they say north?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You said north, didn't it? I think you say north.
Speaker 5: They drove up north to see the justice set the piece.
Speaker 1: So you thousands northeast?
Speaker 5: What's what's northeast?
Speaker 3: What's a thousand miles Northeast't good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or at least you're in another in another country Montreal, farther than Montreal.
Speaker 1: I think even you're you're in like way.
Speaker 5: If they drive a thousand miles northwest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then you're in the Saskatoon get it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you take do you take you storry? Do you take you?
Speaker 6: Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Amy, hits her husband with a hand towel and repeats, he's a good kid.
Speaker 5: He'll never get married without us. She grasps her belly.
Speaker 3: I'm holding my knees together and this one is never getting out. Also this trying to tie in the fact that they're still having a.
Speaker 5: Baby to this.
Speaker 6: And now at this point, you're just start counting down the seconds. When's the next creeping weirdos? Win's coming coming?
Speaker 5: Thinking about it?
Speaker 6: Are we going to do it? How can we set it up? You think it's got to be lets you Sean.
Speaker 5: Sean asks if he can crash on the Matthews couch.
Speaker 6: Why would Sean need to crash on the Matthews couch.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to be out women night with all weirdos there is.
Speaker 6: I didnt see that coming. This show is so effortless. There's like so much effortlessness going into this writing. Oh my god, it's just as if it just happened without.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Rider did not like the Runner?
Speaker 2: Tang it?
Speaker 1: Did you like the Runner?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: Again, I can't do it.
Speaker 5: So Banie walks in, how you doing now?
Speaker 3: He gets his juice box doing his jbb jbb that he couldn't sleep either.
Speaker 6: F JBB Phoenix. That's a whole other level. That's like upper you need like an upper.
Speaker 1: Degree JBB on stage back or.
Speaker 6: That's when you started five on Broadway. If you've done seventeen seventy.
Speaker 1: Six, you can do you get It's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: So he says, you have the lights on, everyone's yelling, Eric parked his car in my garden.
Speaker 6: Eric, you said it. This is the line where I was like, wait a minute, because you guys know, like how you do a Boston accent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you use the phrase what.
Speaker 6: Havid yah? Yeah. So I could not believe this runner. I was like, oh my god. I went back and watched it like four times. Can we play the can we play the clip?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: That's called parked the car? How you knowing?
Speaker 8: I got all the lights on, everybody's yelling, and Eric parked his car in my garden.
Speaker 6: So this is I've decided I'm going to learn how to do the Bill Daniels accent. This, I'm going to do it, and I hope you guys will join me on this journey. And I think maybe some of our listeners should do this too.
Speaker 7: This. I feel like this is this line is the key. Wow, the lights are on. I can't sleep.
Speaker 6: I can't do it, and you eric in my garden, my garden.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna okay.
Speaker 6: So then I was like, let's go back, let's find more, like what are the quintessential Phoenie Clips? The other one? I wanted to go all the way back to season one? Can you please play festooned feeni?
Speaker 8: We had an agreement. I was to get dressed up and come to your tea party, and then you were to leave me in complete peace so that I could grade my papers. Now I have upheld my part of the bargain. I have festooned myself in costume jewelry. I have swilled your foe tea. Now I insist that you keep your end of the bargain.
Speaker 2: Is it's a Boston, it's a it's a high brow Boston accent. He's it's Winchester for mash Well.
Speaker 6: I can sleep, but I can't stomed. See my problem is I always slip into British like I can't.
Speaker 3: You can also the annunciation of every word, and it's the last letter of every word. I have stoppy HoTT.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 7: And then just because I feel like between these two clips, if you study, yes, if you get.
Speaker 6: This down, you have Phoene's voice that you can do.
Speaker 7: Bill Daniels, Oh yeah, in my Garden, In my garden, that's my god, it's that same kind of it's very.
Speaker 6: You're starting to get to it's a little too British. Yeah, he manages to like what he does is he draws lights wrong.
Speaker 2: So another one to give you, it's a it's a worse version, it's a cartoony version. But Tom Hanks in volunteers with John Candy does the same kind of thing.
Speaker 1: He's a fish guy.
Speaker 2: He goes Boston guy who goes to the and it's that same kind of thing. So it's a it's the upper Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's a proper American dialect. Is a theatrical dialect.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, which we all know. Body that Bill completely put this on. Not how he was born, not how he was raised.
Speaker 6: He was really he was a Yeah, he had a Brooklyn accent. And then he was the understudy for a play where they were all brought Boston Brahman characters and all the actors were doing this accent, and he learned how to do it. Yeah, so it's a complete But that's why I feel like one of us.
Speaker 5: We could work and put it on.
Speaker 6: We can. You just have to commit to it. You just have to commit to it, committ to park your car and the coory that no coolvery covery. But I'm doing coovery because he ends up kind of softening softening it. You know, I can't, I can't sleep.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's so complicated. I'm going to figure it out. But I think between the I festumed myself.
Speaker 1: It does awesome as British, but that's why we thought he was British.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's really good. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start working on it if I can. Will you send me those files please, I'll listen to him in my headphones and then record myself. I'm gonna yeah. Okay, So Eric gets defensive, what the hell do you care?
Speaker 5: You're moving? Go ahead, Phoenie, retire, take care of yourself. That's what you're best at.
Speaker 3: Amy reminds him that Phoenie is given the last forty years of his life teaching people, but Eric is unaffected.
Speaker 5: Don't care. Kill his flowers, kill him, Phoenie explains.
Speaker 1: You, I'm at a ten whole time, the whole time met.
Speaker 3: A ten, Phoene explains to Eric, when someone you care for makes a considered decision to change their life, you should support the choice. Eric bursts into tears. You had me at Eric and pulls him in for a hug. Alan takes Phoene's advice to heart. We should take what they've done and do something to show our support. After all, we're talking about Corey and Topanga here. Phoene's confused, Corey and Topanga, I was talking about a going.
Speaker 5: Away party for me. Eric's frustrated, You're.
Speaker 3: Still going away for the love of Mike. Stop with the mind games, man. Phoene grabs Eric's armist proof you know this is the reason I can't sell my house.
Speaker 1: Very funny.
Speaker 5: And then we're back in Corey's car.
Speaker 3: Topega adjusts the rear view mirror and Corey angrily tells her to put it back. She does, but he's not satisfied. Now he can only see if any cars are coming toward his crotch.
Speaker 1: I thought he was only gonna be angry for ten minutes.
Speaker 5: Why maybe it's still within the ten minutes, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tapega tells him to stop snapping at her, and Corey complains, our big dramatic moment, and you know what, we did nothing. To Penga shouts, I don't care about a big dramatic moment.
Speaker 5: Which gets a laugh.
Speaker 3: She reminds him it's not to run off together because we think we have something to prove. When we get married. I want to have a big cake and doves. Breaking the silence, Corey sternly states no doves. He admits you were right, you did the right thing. Our marriage should be a celebration, not a secret. She smiles thank you, but he insists you owe me the rest of your life, you know. To Pega happily agrees it's yours and then she pets his head. So getting to that conclusion is great, I guess again, in the name of drama, they made both of us versions of ourselves that aren't real.
Speaker 6: Yeah, consistent, Yeah, I mean yeah. I feel like Corey would be like, what is happening? What is going on? And to Penga would be like, I don't know. I just stood up there and I had this weird feeling and now I'm realizing it and this is what you know. But of course that's not as.
Speaker 2: Funny exactly, you don't like you.
Speaker 1: They had to have this whole conversation.
Speaker 2: If I want the doves and everything right there, no doves in front of that other couple, and you do that and then you get out and then you cut to them coming into the kitchen, coming into the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an car scene, it just wasn't necessary.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but they could have had one car scene where she where She says, I can't at the altar, and he goes, what and pulls her off to the side, and she goes, I don't know, Corey, I love you, but this doesn't feel right and I don't know, and he goes, I love you, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Let's get out of here. Let's let's get out of here together.
Speaker 3: Then they're in the car and they talk it out and she realizes I stood up there and I looked around, and I realized, I want to see your mom, and I want a cake, and I don't want to wear pedal pushers. I want to wear a dress like then And he can be like.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 3: As much as I'd love to stick it to my parents, we should have a celebration and not a secret. So there, but I don't know there they.
Speaker 2: Joke the joke of being like going back to the older couple and being like, Hi, is it half priced?
Speaker 1: If only one of us says I do like that.
Speaker 5: We get done half far money back married, it would.
Speaker 1: Have been so great.
Speaker 6: But or lean into the the joke that they seem to have be implying, which is that Corey got a hotel room. He's ready to have it, and then that's not happening, and that's what he's really upset about at first, and then he's got to realize like, yeah, that's actually what I'm of course, you know, I think about it. I'm not like this makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then we're in the boys apartment. Rachel is in the kitchen wearing another short robe and making breakfast when Eric and Jack walk out of their rooms in just a shirt, and Boxer is looking like they just woke up.
Speaker 5: Look at her.
Speaker 6: Eric was at the Matthew's house in the middle of the night, so we came home, came home.
Speaker 5: But also, are all of their rooms in.
Speaker 2: That same Yeah, they're all in that. I thought the same thing, that all the rooms are back there, because the left one comes down, there is no section, there's no room. There's just a wall there. So yeah, all three of them are up there. So it's a big as apartment right on the water that they're paying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, they look at her, they realize their condition and quickly sprint back to their rooms, and then they immediately return with.
Speaker 5: Button down shirts and sweaters draped over their shoulders.
Speaker 3: Fully groomed. Eric suavely throws out, hey, Rachel, what's up? Jack adds, how you doing? Smells good? Rachel cheerfully reveals she's making French toast, but she's not gonna do it every day, so don't get spoiled. They let out little giggles before Eric pulls Jack to the side. Jack Jack, Jackie Jack, Live a healthy life, eat all your vegetables, honor your father and mother, and Heaven will reward you with a hot hot, hotty hot, hot, hotty hot for a roommate.
Speaker 5: Do you remember what was in the script and what used like? Did you just make that entirely up?
Speaker 2: No idea, It could have been exactly how it was written. I honestly don't remember. I do remember in this scene and the next scene what I saw a couple boom mics, oh pop, and I think they're probably not used to having somebody Maitland size keeping it just to Maitland because they cut to a three shot and it's like oh boom mic and then pop pop out a frame.
Speaker 6: Okay, So this is when I started to like pause and take notes because I really really did not understand what the story is here, right, what's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why can't Eric and Jack be with Rachel?
Speaker 1: Like I don't that I can't answer because.
Speaker 6: It I mean, like where the episode ended up, which is her saying I want to just be friends and this makes me so happy that I'm that's where it needs to start. I don't understand what the conflict is. I know is the conflict between Eric and Jack competing for her kind has started, hasn't really started. It kind of gets in the there somewhere in the middle of this episode. But I'm also like, what is the prohibition against dating her?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: Why has she said I only am moving in as long as like if she had said, I can you like Cauz Three's company. The whole thing is that he has to pretend to be gay, right, So like that's why they can't actually sleep together, and that's why they all have to live? Where's this?
Speaker 4: Like the high drinks are happening for no reasons.
Speaker 5: It just that she's vulnerable.
Speaker 3: She's in a vulnerable position because you think they care broken up with her, right, there's nothing wrong with with with Eric or Jack.
Speaker 6: Saying I want to get you. I like you can you You're going to Like, there's no why are they whispering to each other? Why are they like what's happening?
Speaker 2: They should have set it up to where they both started going after her, and then they realized their friendship was too strong and they don't want to break up their friendship, so they both agree. And then so when Jack does go behind his back to start dating her later, it's a violation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. There's no set there's no prohibition set up that is broken by this episode or the storyline. So I kept going back like what is the problem here, Like why is there any of this conflict and it's it's completely artificial until the end of this episode and.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, there it is. They establish it now.
Speaker 6: But through the I just did not understand these first like three scenes. It's like I don't and get it. I don't know what I don't neither I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure they did at this point, Like what it was actually going to.
Speaker 5: Try to set that up at the end of the last episode.
Speaker 3: Didn't shouldn't the conclusion of the last episode for this storyline have been her saying, Oh, man, you know what, honestly, I'm just fresh out of a relationship. I want to focus on myself. I really appreciate you guys rescuing me. We're gonna be like girlfriends, We're gonna be she did that was all set up, and then they were like, oh, you know what, girlfriends see each other naked. But then why is she acting like this is the first time she brings it up. It's all It's just it's fair.
Speaker 2: She also says that oh, that's I could easily fall for either one of you, like I kind of wanted to date you one or.
Speaker 6: Says their sexual tension.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like so it's it doesn't. None of it tracks to anything. Frankly, that's the thing that's so weird. And it's not about the friendship with Eric and Jack. It's not about a possible question.
Speaker 6: This is a generational thing in that like because I guess in the seventies for sure, and maybe into the eighties and the early nineties, was having a roommate that was of the opposite gender just a really big deal, like in a way that we think of it like yeah, may ye, yeah, because I think of like kids in college and you know, or even like late high like high school, like living together and it was like not a big deal.
Speaker 4: But I wonder if for previous generation, the very idea of.
Speaker 6: Like two guys and a girl, well.
Speaker 3: It's living in a parent tipenga couldn't live together in the dorms unless they were married. The implication, I think from no matter where you were in the seventies, if males and females were under the same roof, someone was going to be having sex.
Speaker 1: They were having sex. Yeah, you can't just be two people.
Speaker 6: And I think that went all the way through the eighties. I think that's what that's what's informing this in a way that doesn't make sense to us, like because to me, it's like she moves in, Okay, now you either hit on her or don't. Who cares? Like literally, there's no problems here, yes, And yet it's acting, the whole storyline is acting as if it's something weird. Is already happening, and it's like, what's that. What's the weird part?
Speaker 2: If you ever watched melrose Place, one of the I think in the pilot of melrose Place, it's Billy and Alison live together as roommates and have to learn to live like she's like, don't forget you always got to put the toilet seat down.
Speaker 1: It's like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And then they start dating down the line and it's like, see you do throw them in together. They're gonna So maybe you're right, Maybe it's a thing in this generation. Yeah, like men and women live together, that means sex.
Speaker 6: Right, It's just it's just it is a story. It's just an interesting story. It's it's it's something that's happening that's unusual. Whereas like I look at this and I'm like three friends living together an apartment, Like if somebody wants to sleep with somebody, try it or not, you know, like I don't care, Like there's not a it's not a situation for a situational comedy, whereas maybe it was.
Speaker 2: You know, but on Friends, they didn't even have male and females living together until the girl got engaged. Yeah, the girls, So maybe it was maybe it was.
Speaker 6: I think I think in real life it probably was already happening. But you know how TV like like ten years behind the separate beds and Lucian.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe that's what maybe maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's just it implies there has to be some sort of sex happening, right, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 6: Some hanky panky going out initial apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's all but it all just gets like I have to take a bath, and we're all like she's gonna bag.
Speaker 6: I'm not like, I just don't know.
Speaker 5: People cringey.
Speaker 1: It is, it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Rachel gets serious. She needs to tell them something. Eric desperately begs, don't leave, We'll do anything. She says, when she met them, she was in really bad shape. Then the two of them took her in and rescued her. She's so grateful and she calls them her heroes. Then she kisses them on the cheek, but Eric gets greedy and kisses her right back. Then Jack pulls her in for a hug and Eric pulls her in for another embrace.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: The exchange.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really is super creepy getting in those kisses and touches that you can just so funny.
Speaker 3: And then one more thing, Rachel says, I promise I'm not going to be a bathroom hog, but I really do like to start the morning with a bubble bath with all the aroma therapy beads and all the bubbles.
Speaker 5: I didn't know aroma therapy beads were so sexy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just you know, I don't know if you're aware of this, Danielle, but to take.
Speaker 1: A bath, you can make it.
Speaker 3: I wear a bathing suit, so it's Also isn't bathing every morning a bit extravagant?
Speaker 1: Isn't that like an hour long in the bathroom? I mean it's like this. This is for me who lives in the shower, Like.
Speaker 5: Really seems like you're gonna put yourself to sleep.
Speaker 3: I like to wake up and then sit in a hot tub of water for an hour with my ex clothes.
Speaker 1: Ready for my day. God, you're so strange.
Speaker 5: Jack immediately answers, also, isn't night sexier?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be sexy to be like every night I like to light some candles, put a bubble bath on.
Speaker 5: It's so weird that it's the morning anyway, Okay, uh.
Speaker 3: Jack immediately answers yeah, and Eric adds, I and you take bubble baths. Rachel wants to know why, and Eric throws that question over to and expecting Jack. He stutters, I if you didn't take bubble baths, that means you're not.
Speaker 6: I can't like you. I want to see you naked. What is the problem?
Speaker 4: Why do we have to pretend there's no no, there's no conflident.
Speaker 1: You're there's no conflict, no reason. Did not.
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 5: She's so aside with that answer, she leaves for the bath.
Speaker 3: You know what, I am this close to being happy that my boyfriend actually left me.
Speaker 5: The boys respond in unison.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: They longingly watched her.
Speaker 3: Leave in silence, until Jack realizes that girl is taking a bubble bath in the bathtub of our bathroom.
Speaker 5: We're geniuses.
Speaker 3: Eric dramatically says, dude, I don't know if this is the right time to say I love you, man. Jack's equally dramatic, Dude, don't even man, I'm the one that loves you. They both shout dude and give each other a big bear hug. Then yells she yells out, I can't figure out how to work the stopper.
Speaker 5: In the bathtub.
Speaker 3: Could one of you please come show me? The guys instantly pull apart in it. They start trying to stop each other from going to alber.
Speaker 5: They throw each other onto the cow.
Speaker 2: Remember I remember Matt like me just grabbing his leg and Matt having no idea was going to do that, So he's trying to get out, and then he's looking back at me.
Speaker 6: Like, what the hell are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think that we were just having.
Speaker 5: Fun, Yes, having a good time. We're in the Matthew's backyard.
Speaker 3: Corey and Tapega are returning, but to Pega stops in her tracks. She's scared. She doesn't want Corey's parents to be mad at her, which why why are they going to be mad at you if you walk in and tell him you didn't get married?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, think they'd be we're just tying up the reveal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Corey tells the truth. Well, they are going to be mad. In fact, they're going to be furious despite their worry. They walk into the house and they're met with an unexpected surprise.
Speaker 6: They made a sign.
Speaker 3: There's a banner reading congratulations left Angela.
Speaker 1: The time Ella is happening, he went and.
Speaker 6: Had breakfasts with the French toast and then.
Speaker 5: Came and then he came back for this party.
Speaker 4: Changed.
Speaker 5: Everyone pops out.
Speaker 4: Surprise, doesn't come, hold on, is Jack here?
Speaker 6: He's not?
Speaker 5: No, he barely knows.
Speaker 6: Don't that's right, I really know her.
Speaker 5: Everyone pops out surprise.
Speaker 3: The Matthews Clan Foene, Sean and Trina, why did I write Phoene Phoene Sean and Angela all.
Speaker 5: Applaud, taking turns hugging the couple.
Speaker 3: Eric approaches his brother and enthusiastically suggests, you really got to try these cheeseballs.
Speaker 5: Man to Pega is worried. What is going on?
Speaker 2: That's the weirdest moment I know. I rewound it like I couldn't wait see the joker right.
Speaker 6: Well, the joke is, there's two, there's sets, there's a setup for it. It's Morgan says, I've always wanted to have a sister. Now I do. Then I think, uh, Alan says something right, yeah to Corey, and then so the joke is like it's a three. It's just weird.
Speaker 3: It was like what a bizarre Like, well, no, I don't think any of that happened yet. The first the first one is he says, you got to try these cheeseballs.
Speaker 6: No, that's the payoff, that's the punchline to everybody's saying emotional important things. And then Eric Turnant comes in with something so ridiculous You're waiting for him to say, Corey, I've always you know, loved to Pang, I'm so happy, and instead it's like, you gotta try these cheese.
Speaker 3: Balls to Panga is worried what is going on? Corey whispers to her, they think we're married. Sean approaches, you guys look exactly the same. He tells Corey you were always married. Doesn't take a piece of paper to change what always was. Corey admits there's something he needs to tell him, and Sean's grin widens, ooh, and I want to hear all about it, and not in front of your parents. Alan clinks his orange juice. I just want to say that I am the luckiest man in the world. I have one beautiful wife, a lovely daughter, and one wonderful son. There's the proof, proof of the been asking for you.
Speaker 1: I knew it. He has two kids.
Speaker 5: Eric screams hey.
Speaker 3: Alan sends back a casual hey, and then he continues his toast, and now I have yet another lovely daughter, and he kisses Tapanga on the cheek. Corey whispers that they should probably reveal the truth, but.
Speaker 5: Tapega cuts him off. Not now he's talking about me.
Speaker 3: Alan raises his glass to Corey and to Panga, and everyone cheers the happy couple. Phoene starts a speech and Corey attempts to stop him, but Phoene isn't having it. You've done quite enough tonight, haven't you. The group erupts into laughter, everyone except Corey and Topanga joke right, that is.
Speaker 6: I you don't want to think about Corey and Topanga stooping, right, Phoenie talking about stooping.
Speaker 3: I could really get his voice down if I could hear him talk about some stooping.
Speaker 6: Wow parked his calm and my garden, and there's stooping stooping in the in the backyard.
Speaker 1: He parked his god.
Speaker 6: Wilted.
Speaker 4: Ever since Corey and Topanga, I can't do it.
Speaker 3: To Panga, Phoene continues, For forty years, I have taught young men and women. I have seen countless love struck children, but I have never seen the love, the loyalty and the funny.
Speaker 6: Why do they just have like examples of things that they actually do together, like that they are like what if he said, like I've never known a couple who can disagree but still make the right decision in the end, Or like you can argue like you guys, but still manage to love it. You know, like there's ways to describe what we've actually seen. Who's gone through this much infidelity, that has this and you forgive him again and you Cory with women throwing themselves at his feet. I've couple so self aware and willing to pontificate endlessly upon the power of their own love like you so to the universe who needs to support Corey and.
Speaker 3: To Banga more, he raises his glass to Corey and to Banga. The group celebrates, while the couple is now visibly uncomfortable. Amy begins her toast, I have watched these two grow grow up, boy have I? And here they are now adults, just fresh out of high school. They don't know anything about the world at all. And then she turns to Alan, I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 5: Can't do this.
Speaker 3: This was a mistake and I do not support it. She looks at to Panga. Why couldn't you have just gone to Yale?
Speaker 6: Okay? Now, when you guys were watching this, like, what were you feeling? Like, what was going on in your mind? Like watching Betsy's performance in this scene and very dramatic. Obviously you thought it was dramatic. I was watching this and I was going, Betsy's in her head, what's happening? Why is she holding back? Why is she think? I was like, the way it was written is extremely dramatic, and I was like, she's reserved, she's holding back, and I was like, really kind of weird, and I was like, what is going on? And then in the in the the next scenes, I thought Betsy was amazing and like fully committed. I was like, why did she not commit to the toast? And then I saw the tag and I was like, oh, because all week she had been being made fun of by Will's performance, so she was self conscious of it in a way that she does. Yes, there's no like think about the way that she underplays. Why couldn't you gone to you? Like the way that's written is why couldn't you have gone? Like just oh my gosh, Like she loses it, she can't, she can't control herself.
Speaker 3: It'd be really interesting to talk to Betsy, because I do remember there being a lot of conversation about this. I don't remember, Yes, there was a lot of discussion about this, and I don't remember if it's that Betsy didn't like it, because I'll tell you that while I'm watching it. The fact that Amy blames to Penga for this entire thing is so weird. And I also know, you know, Betsy and I barely got to work together, and then they put us in a scene where we actually have There's an episode kind of about the very real, interesting reliefationship between.
Speaker 5: A daughter in law and a mother in law.
Speaker 3: That is a real thing, the relationship between you know, a time where your son maybe always called you when he was getting on a plane and called you when he landed, Hey, I landed.
Speaker 5: Just want you to know I'm safe now.
Speaker 3: Now he's got a significant other in his life, and that's the person who gets those updates about his life. That's the person who knows when he's sick when and like that feeling like I don't know what my place is anymore. That's very real, and I think I think there was a lot of discussion about it, and I think Betsy had very strong opinions, and I don't remember what they were, but.
Speaker 6: There's something happening in this performance, because I was watching this and going this is there's awe, And then when I saw Will at the end, I was like, Oh, it's just simple that she has seen her performance mirrored by Will's impression or Will's mocking it, and so she's counter like counteracting it in some way like she's so conscious or she's you know, because like what I would have actually done if I was directing, was I would never let her see Will's impression until we were shooting, you know what I mean. But the fact that you can't do that with a run through and everything, So I'm sure that she just had spent all week seeing Will do his mocking version of it, which just means that you're getting like it reflected back to you, which means you're self conscious. So I just thought that it was sort of like she was holding backward or actually, what I thought was happening was that she was underplaying it and downplaying it, which was kind of effective because I actually, yeah, she confronted to Panga like if she was actually why couldn't you the way that you did in your mocking scene, it would have been like way too. But that's actually the way it's kind of written. I'm listening to what you're saying now, Danielle, and I'm like, I feel like if she had just lost control, Like if the point was that she's trying to give a speech and she can't do it because she's just flustered and she's worried about her son, and she ends up saying something to Panga that she probably shouldn't have said. That would have been like she'd just sort of been like, oh, why couldn't you just going to Yale and then like walked out in tears, that you still would have been able to have the sort of moment of confrontation. But as it is, like Jesus, yeah, for Amy to say that, it's like yeah, and then Corey has to come back at her with his heaviness, and I'm just like, what is happening.
Speaker 3: I know, well, let's have Betsy back, Let's have Betsy back. Let's talk about this episode. I remember there being a lot of discussions, so we will. We will find out from the source to Panga is speechless, the room is dead silent.
Speaker 5: Eric Gale's here here.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, and then there's a very tense commercial break. We come back in the Matthew's kitchen. Tapanga decides she should go, but Corey jumps in. You're not leaving your own wedding reception. Tapanga tells Amy, I'm sorry for any pain I've caused, and she runs out of the room. Corey calls after her, but to no avail. He shouts at his mom, how could you say that to her? Amy says she's sorry, but Corey's not finished. So for fifteen years, you've been lying to me about how you feel about us, and you've been lying to me about how you feel about her. Amy shouts, I want what I believe is best for you, Corey and Topanga. Cory's furious. What's best for us is for you to trust us. I love her, I will always love her. And you know something else, we didn't get married because she wanted you to be there. Ory storms out, leaving a visibly regretful Amy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is all a bit much for me.
Speaker 1: It's just real dramatic. Justice were full Dawson's creek.
Speaker 3: I don't want to wake okay, and we're in the apartment. Jack is wrapping a gift when Eric walks in, who's the present for? Jack suspiciously says no one.
Speaker 2: But by the way I walked in, I didn't even notice the present before I said who's that one for? I'd even take a second to look at it. It's like, hey, there's now that's him acting there.
Speaker 6: To be fair, it's completely unmotivated, Like, well, did you guys say you're not going to date her? Did you guys make an agreement? What is the what is the problem?
Speaker 3: Well, what I will say is that there the idea that they have not been.
Speaker 5: In competition for her is not true.
Speaker 3: In the first episode, we already saw she jumped on him and he was like, you know, ha ha, he's she's on me. And then he said, and so they have. It has been established that they both want her, and one of them will be victorious.
Speaker 6: What have they made an agreement? If they had made an agreement a you know what, just for the sake of if the episode, this episode had be gone with them being like, for the sake of keeping things, we're just let's just agree we're not going to make the move on Rachel. Okay, Okay, they're going behind each other's back, trying to make the move that is conflict.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yep, you're right.
Speaker 2: Or even set it up where they are going to do that, and they we end the last episode with, well then made the best man the best man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 6: You got it out. It's on game on, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, yep, but Eric knows it's a present for Rachel. Jack got her a book so she has something to read in the bathtub. Oh is that where you got your idea to read in the shower?
Speaker 1: Well no, I'd already been reading in the shower for years and years.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'd like to say that I think I'm a pretty good looking guy until I stand next to Matt Lawrence. For further record, he's like constantly tan. His clothes look like they're spray painted on him. It's like, man, I just look like a pilot next.
Speaker 6: To that kid.
Speaker 5: No, you do not. You very handsome.
Speaker 6: Season seven, you look like a pilot.
Speaker 5: For now.
Speaker 6: This is peak. Will remember the woman.
Speaker 2: I know it is, but it also says the woman who was dating the guy, the good looking guy next to me, like, no, you're a cute too, husband, thought Matt Lawrence was the star of the show because that's all.
Speaker 6: That's all he heard about.
Speaker 5: Me were on world.
Speaker 3: No, he meant without before, he knew me before, before we started dating.
Speaker 6: The only one that was sucking his memory it was Matt Lawrence because he's the most handsome man version I got. You can see there were a bunch of kids. Yeah, she was somebody named for something. But one of the Lawrences was on that ship.
Speaker 1: But Matt Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Eric can't believe him. That's cold, trying to get Rachel to like him more than she likes Eric. Eric then walks into the hall and retrieves an even bigger gift for Rachel. Jack wonders, what's that slime wipe? Slime wipe?
Speaker 6: Is that really what? He says?
Speaker 1: Yeah, slime Why it's a slime why? I don't know. It's never been said before nor since.
Speaker 3: Okay, slime wipe happen. Eric reveals some kind of bird for Rachel. He laughs in Jack's face, your present stupid.
Speaker 5: I would be.
Speaker 3: So mad if someone bought me a bird.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've got I've gotta.
Speaker 6: I'm very proud of my gifts for you too.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of mine too. If I'm honest, although I have to return one for Daniel, but uh.
Speaker 3: Rachel enters the living room and greets the guys. Eric immediately reveals his present. Hey, I bought you this bird. It reminded me of you because it has bright red feathers and it eats like a bird.
Speaker 6: And poor David Glazer had to go out and find a Yeah, that's what I talked about.
Speaker 5: Yes, this is the one he talked about.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Rachel is flustered. You bought me a present.
Speaker 3: Jack chimes in, I got you this book, which I've read, and I thought maybe you'd like She looks at the book.
Speaker 1: Keiths, Yeah, I know dating.
Speaker 5: How did you know that was my favorite poet? Eric butts in. I told him.
Speaker 3: Rachel's overwhelmed, and she doesn't know what to say. She's visibly flustered and runs upstairs without saying another word.
Speaker 6: Actually, you know, I want to jump in with a memory. This is a great this is a good memory. I remember talking to Matt Lawrence about Keats and he said something that has stuck with me and I've used in relationship to other He's like, you know what Keiths is like? He's he'said reading Keats is like just hearing a great major chord, like just a C major or a G major, And I was like, that is really astute. Matt, like it's always stuck with me. I was like, yeah, that is what Keith's sounds like. It's just perfect music. It's just well good poetry. And I was like, what you know. And of course Matt Lawrence is a musician, like he made it about music, but it was so spot on anyway, Yeah, I mean this was a this is right around this. I mean we were probably talking about it because of this. I don't know, but I do remember talking about Keats with Met Lawrence's cool.
Speaker 5: That's cute. So Eric asks what just happened Jack's eye? Something bad? Then the bird squawks and Eric wonders, do we eat this?
Speaker 6: My favorite button.
Speaker 4: Is one of the funniest things this And then.
Speaker 6: The next I was like, wow, that is some genius. Can we eat this? Oh my god, it's so funny the story for me, like those two buttons were like, oh you the episode, no, Eric, no, Eric.
Speaker 4: Is just the best, just genius.
Speaker 5: We're back in the Matthew's kitchen.
Speaker 3: Amy's pouring coffee for herself and Alan while muttering too young to even think about marriage. Alan reminds her that Corey is not their little boy anymore. They can't prevent him from making mistakes. Amy argues, please, I still lay out his clothes and what she wants to do? Alan interjects to Panga. Amy nods, but repeats the same sentence what she wants to do. Alan interrupts her again to Panga use her name. A frustrated Amy starts over what Topanga wants to do is and Alan finishes her sentence is lay his clothes out for him. That is what no wife is thinking they want to do.
Speaker 2: Also, sorry, but your mom still laying your clothes out for you when you're eighteen?
Speaker 1: You've got other issues, you really do.
Speaker 3: Also, no mention of the fact again that Amy and Alan got married at eighteen. Nope, and she's too young to even think about getting married.
Speaker 1: You did, but you did, yeah.
Speaker 3: He asks her while rubbing her hand. Do you think this would bother you so much if this was some girl who couldn't take care of him as well as you have?
Speaker 5: Do you really think Tapega isn't right? Is right for you? So let me just let's talk about that question.
Speaker 3: Do you think you would mind Corey running off to marry someone if she was worse.
Speaker 5: You're right, If I knew this was a failure, it wouldn't bother me so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: What that's the question? He says, Do you think this would bother you so much? Their son getting married? There Sonny loping with a woman, if you thought it was some girl who couldn't take care.
Speaker 5: Of him as well as Tapega does.
Speaker 6: And her answer is yeah. So this is where she realizes that she's jealous.
Speaker 3: And she insists it isn't about that they're too young, he's not ready, and then she says, I'm not ready, she admits, while fighting back tears. Yes she's right for Corey, she loves him, and yes she'll take care of him and he'll be happy. Amy realizes, oh god, I'm jealous of her. Alan comforts her. They still have Eric and Amy groans, oh.
Speaker 1: God, which is funny.
Speaker 5: It is funny.
Speaker 3: So then we're at the apartment. The boys are stressed. Jack is pacing. She's been in there a really long time. Eric agrees, you don't think she like and then he pretends to hang himself.
Speaker 1: Oh there's something like a good suicide. Jesus yikes, nye.
Speaker 3: Jack shakes his head. Naw, she's too tall for that. He admits, they're just freaks. She just got out of a bad relationship and she's vulnerable. Eric adds, and both of us are going after her like she's some kind of cheese ravioli. Jack realizes when she really needs a couple of friends. Eric warns Jack they better make it safe around there before it's too late. Then Rachel exits her room, now carrying a piece of luggage. Jack yell's oh no, it's too late. Eric sternly states, we're not letting you go. Rachel's confused. Jack adds, we know why you think you have to leave. Rachel doesn't get it. Well, why do I have to leave? Eric explains because of the extreme sexual tension that we've created in this here, your new habitat. Rachel wonders, Oh, you feel it too, huh.
Speaker 2: Also, unless we all suddenly became the best actors in the world, the suitcase is actually very heavy.
Speaker 5: There's actually a bunch in there.
Speaker 3: In there, yeah yeah, Eric mouths a little bit, and Jack steps up. Yes, And we realize that if we have any chance of keeping you here, we have to stop thinking of you as a Eric suggests, puff pastry on a plate. Jack continues, and more like, Eric finishes his sentence again person Jack assures her they won't chase after her or compete for her. They'll just be who she really needs, roommates and friends. Rachel asks, and that's it. Eric nods that's it. Jack excitedly asks, so you'll stay. Rachel laughs, Stay, I was never moving out. Eric and jackhi five each other in victory. Yeah, she explains, I love my book and I love my bird too. You guys treat me better than my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 3: Did I think it started to scare me? I just realized that I could easily fall for either one of you. The guys are frozen, and then I thought, so what if I do? Because I can deal with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The guy's mouths are now open and utter disbelief. Jack whispers, Oh no. Eric is a ghast.
Speaker 5: We guessed wrong.
Speaker 3: Rachel assures them, Oh, you didn't. We have to keep this strictly platonic, no matter what I'm feeling inside, Eric tries to form a coherent sentence. Well, then, well, what's in the suitcase? She explains. Some mementos for my old boyfriend. I was on the way to the incinerator to burn them. When I get back, I guess we'll start our new relationship. They give her oneasy smiles and she thanks them for saving her from herself. As she leaves, she admits, you two are the most sensitive, caring men that I've ever met.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 3: The door closes and the guys don't know what to say. Breaking the silence, we hear the ding of a timer and Eric excitedly states, birds ready.
Speaker 6: Amazing, that's the button saves it. But this is where I thought the episode should have started, or last episode should have ended. Last episode ended with this. Then this episode makes sense because that's like, oh, we have this agreement and yet we're messing it up. Instead, they're they're just yes.
Speaker 4: It's not that they're just yeah, Okay, yep.
Speaker 3: That's where this needed one needed to start for sure. Then we are in the infamous childhood park. I'm going to assume Corey and Topanga are standing out.
Speaker 4: The monkey bars have moved or the it's not even the monkey bars.
Speaker 5: What is a jungle gym?
Speaker 6: The jungle gym is now completely different places because it used to be in the well.
Speaker 2: There is a big there was a big jungle gym reformation in ninety eight, and of course.
Speaker 5: Everyone around yeah, yeah, the summer of ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: They spot Amy and Allen walking up to Panga, thinks she should leave. Amy asks to Panga for a minute to talk, and as they wait. As they make their way to a bench, Topanga says, I don't want you to be mad at me. Amy assures her she isn't mad. Alan wants to give the girl some space, but Corey's concerned. I'm afraid mom's gonna kill Tapanga and Burrier in the sandbox. Amy tells Tapanga it's very hard for a mother to think that another woman is going to take her place with her little boy. To Panka insists I could never take your place. I just love your little boy, missus Matthews. Amy corrects her, Amy, use my name is? This is the first time I'm ever gonna call them Amy and Alan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He Tapanga hesitates.
Speaker 3: Before saying Amy, knowing what it means, Amy continues, if there is going to be another person to take my place, I want it to be you. Topeka smiles and thanks her. Meanwhile, Alan and Corey are sitting on nearby swings, Alan tells his son, I'm really proud of you. You stood up for what you believed in and you made your own decision.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, wait, just very yeah. Have I been doing marriage wrong? Was my wife's supposed to take the place of my mom?
Speaker 6: This is all like subtext becoming text, Like this is all fine subtexts, Like I like the idea that like a mom realizes that she but to like make it text. Now, like for a woman like to Panga to be referring to her husband to be as a little boy is just weird and like.
Speaker 4: I'm going to like, why would you accept this?
Speaker 6: Like I would be like so grossed out if my wife was like or my wife's father was like, well, now you're the man in her life, so you're gonna be daddy doer WHOA got some ideas exactly. It's not like that's not the way this works. Like maybe on some like deep Freudian subtextual level, but like if you're.
Speaker 4: Saying that to me, that's weird saying it.
Speaker 2: I get I get that you you know you want your parture to be your partner to be nurturing, which is maybe you get a nurturing kind of sense from a parent, but to actually, you're you're the mom now.
Speaker 3: It's like to Benga was spot on when she was like, I could never take your place.
Speaker 5: That's not what's happening here.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to do exactly.
Speaker 3: You will always be mommy, yeah, and I'm gonna be something else.
Speaker 6: Something else, somebody.
Speaker 5: There's no reason for us to compete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's yeah, she's gonna call me daddy, but only on a birthday.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what the line is.
Speaker 5: It's just weird.
Speaker 3: But again it strikes me as being a man, maybe a man boys interpretation of what women must feel. What what does a mom feel when her son gets married?
Speaker 5: Jealous?
Speaker 3: Jealous, jealous of this other woman who's now going to get to cook and clean and dress me and bathe me O.
Speaker 6: Woman has to acknowledge that she has becomeing the part of her job, and that's she's excited to do that.
Speaker 5: She loves these little boys.
Speaker 2: It's actually super weird when you really break it down, the kind of dynamic that's happening here is really strange.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, like I said, I think it's it's fine as subjects like I think that, like, you know, there's there is there are aspects of this that are truthful, you know, like to say it out loud to each other to formalize it is super weird, you know, Like the second you're you're saying these things out loud is when you would have to maybe check yourself and be like, yeah, that's probably not the right way to be thinking about this.
Speaker 3: Corey admits, but Topanga was right. It would have been wrong to get married just because you said we shouldn't. Alan grinns, I raised a good man. Corey wonders, you're calling me a man. Alan stands up and asks, yeah, you want to get off that swing and do something about it. Corey responds, yeah, actually I do, and he stands face to face with his dad.
Speaker 6: Your Penga's daddy.
Speaker 4: Now, so it's time for you to go beat up Jebediah and.
Speaker 6: Take that position.
Speaker 1: Take that position.
Speaker 6: Do you know what it means to be daddy Topenga? Okay, yes, I mean that's the equivalent conversation if that's what should be cutting to it. Okay, now you know what it means to be dad eight to a woman.
Speaker 2: But then Corey gives him such a Ben hug, like the like Ben would always give that like the half kind of it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh man, oh I forgot to point out when we were in the kitchen scene during the celebration for the wedding. Yeah, did you notice Will that you and I were completely trying to bust up in the background. Of course, of course every time we was like eye, it was like improbable. You could hear us trying to be louder than one another to make each other laugh, and then it keeps cutting. You can see me in the background like just shit eating grind, like I am here clearly, and then it comes back in the next scene where you're doing it. That's what we thought we could work together because we were yeah, we're in the background just moving off. Well, I think we were trying to make Ben laugh, is what we were trying to do. Still had to act in that scene, and you and I just had to be like hey.
Speaker 3: So they embrace and Alan proudly walks over to Amy and Topanga. Amy says, we came down here to let you guys know that we will always be here for you no matter what you decide, and Alan adds, the one thing we don't ever want to do is make you feel afraid to come to us with any important decision. Corey reveals, well, we have made a decision. In fact, I think we've made the most important decision of our lives. Amy smiles. We love you both, and now that there's going to be a wedding, she pulls the ring off of her finger and shows it to Topanga.
Speaker 5: You're going to need this. This was my mother's.
Speaker 3: Engagement ring, and I would be honored if you would wear it to Penga gasps Amy. Amy admits she wants it to stay in the family. Corey cuts her off and takes the ring from her. You remember me, Corey, Don't I get to do anything?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 4: If it came from her mom, wouldn't she be saving it from Morgan?
Speaker 6: Like if it's along the also from Alan's mom. Rice came from Alan's mom?
Speaker 4: Yes, right, okay, yeah, I'm sorry, County.
Speaker 3: I don't get to propose. I don't get to put the ring on her hand. I don't get to do nothing. Alan quips, welcome to marriage. Amy reminds him they have a lot to do. There's a whole wedding to plan. To Penga, reveals, actually we don't. Amy shocked what. She looks at her son and starts hitting him.
Speaker 5: You said no to her?
Speaker 3: What is the matter with you? Corey explains that they made a decision together. They listen to their friends and family, but ultimately made the decision together. Alan wonders what that decision is, and Corey promises he'll tell them that there's something he needs to do first. He pulls to Panga up from the bench. We've been together our entire lives, and you know that I love you more than anything in the world. He holds the ring up and asks, will you marry me? Why does because it's not official until a man does it right, correct, that is.
Speaker 2: The correct answer to that is so infuriating. That's absolutely the correct answer, though it's not real.
Speaker 5: It wasn't real until he got to do it.
Speaker 6: Such bull crap. Like I mean, I actually was kind of I thought this was a sweet moment, like to have the two of them and coming together, especially, but like, yeah, to make it about Corey getting his rightful position by being the asker was just a weird vibe. I was like, what, I.
Speaker 3: Guess they saved it a little bit by the fact that there has been a ring. So first of all, the ring is the button on really that Amy approves.
Speaker 5: Amy approves of Tapanga. I approve of it so much.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you a family ring, even though you're not blood related to me. If this marriage ends, my ring's off and gone, like it's.
Speaker 5: A real button there.
Speaker 3: And so in order to get in order to it's a little saved by the fact that he could at least say, I want to put this ring on your finger.
Speaker 5: We have a ring now, and so let me.
Speaker 1: Do one thing, Let me do one, let me do one to do like that. Yeah, I guess it. But it was still a little weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know. It was the first thing I thought of too, like, oh, great, now it's real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Topenga smiles, Yes, I will. He puts the ring on her finger and they kiss. Alan shouts, all right, already, when's the wedding. Corey says, that's what we decided. We'll get married when we're ready, and when are ready, you'll be the first to know. And then we freeze in the park, probably standing there right before Amy and Allen walked up. That's why we were standing there having the conversation. I thought of that too. I was like, probably right, grand idea, I think I know.
Speaker 5: I also was wondering that.
Speaker 1: I was like, what you stopped to get a snack? Apparently we were walking.
Speaker 3: Through the park and I got a family.
Speaker 6: It sounds good episode. I'm gonna run out and get some get popcorn. I sounds so good.
Speaker 5: You don't have any in your house?
Speaker 6: I do? Okay, you got Mike Grave, I've got a micro grave, a movie theater popcorn machine.
Speaker 5: Oh great.
Speaker 3: We freeze on a still shot of Corey holding Tapanga from behind, grins plastered on both their faces, and then we're in the tag in the Matthew's kitchen.
Speaker 5: We see the.
Speaker 3: Congratulations newlywed sign now reads congratulations Phoene. Alan proposes a toast, have a great time in Jackson Hole. Here's to your retirement, George. Our group of main characters agree. Here here Phoene smiles, thank you Allan, I'll miss you all. Eric nervously speaks up, Well, I guess it's time for Feenie's favorite student to make a speech. Hunh, he begins, for forty years, I have watched you educate young men and women. Boy have I Amy Brown's sounds a lot like her speech to Corey and Topanga. Eric continues, I'm sorry, I can't do this. This is a mistake and I do not support it. He yells the last bit straight into Phoene's face. Yep, it's Amy's speech. He turns to Topanga, why couldn't you have just gone to Yale?
Speaker 5: Eric makes a swift exit out the back door.
Speaker 3: Alan runs over, and instead of consoling him, he joyfully locks the door.
Speaker 5: And that's our episode.
Speaker 6: Off and running.
Speaker 3: So our next episode will be season six, episode three eight College Great, Wow, we finally get to college.
Speaker 6: Union coming up soon.
Speaker 5: Writer is my episode, one of my episodes.
Speaker 3: I've been looking forward to recapping the episode where uh, Corey gets kicked out of being the they want to do a hang you go we make out where we make out and it makes so that means Corey and Temanga. In these first few episodes, Corey and Twanga get engaged all the drama around it, and then in a few episodes, I'm just making out with you and we are like, Corey is acting so weird about so weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gaslighting. Po oh my god.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to make sense of that one. Thank you all for joining us. For this episode of Podmeets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod meets World Show. You can send us your emails at pod meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch.
Speaker 1: Why couldn't you've just bought some merch.
Speaker 5: Pod meetsworldshow dot com. We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 3: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Wright Strong Executive producers, Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsh producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at podmeets World Show, or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com