Speaker 1: Transmitting this.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Welcome to Monday show. More in a studio morning. So we've heard stories where guys find out they're not the dad of the kid. That sucks because they were lied to, maybe Gonta cheated, whatever. But this story is she had multiple kids, and so there were four of them, all his until he found out one wasn't his, and so then he went and checked and none of them were his.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, how did that work out that way?
Speaker 4: She cheated on him?
Speaker 3: But I understand that part.
Speaker 4: All don't look like you did they do.
Speaker 5: They have another one dad somewhere else, or they're four different dads.
Speaker 4: Didn't go into who the dads were specifically.
Speaker 2: He went to the hospital with a lawyer and found that a release form been filled out and that his name had been forged on it, and then all the paternity stuff started to come together. It doesn't say if they're individual to the same other person or but that's a bad day for a dad, bad.
Speaker 4: Day, man.
Speaker 6: And then what do you do? Like you are you still? You've been their dad for so long? Do you continue just being their dad?
Speaker 2: I think that's a common question if you find out that one of the kids is not yours. And that does happen with guys where they find out and the kids like seven, and some guys still decide they want to be in the lives of the kid because they raised the kid, even though biologically it's not theirs. And there have been stories that I know where the guy didn't even tell the kid until later because that was the dad.
Speaker 4: This guy finds out none of the kids were his. Oh my goodness, did.
Speaker 7: She know none of them?
Speaker 1: Or I would bet she had a good, good yes, clue welled about it.
Speaker 3: She might be concerned, but she doesn't know.
Speaker 4: But if you're concerned and there and there are multiple kids, you probably know.
Speaker 6: And then amy you're concerned, right, and then you look at all your kids and they look just like the dad.
Speaker 4: That's not the.
Speaker 5: Day, Yeah, I mean, that would be a giveaway.
Speaker 6: But they're all they're all the same race. If there were different races features, you know what I mean. And then you're just like, oh my gosh, he kind of looks like Billy.
Speaker 4: There's a story.
Speaker 2: One in three young people starting at age eleven, admit to hitting their parents or like getting angry and throwing stuff at their parents, because a lot of timesple talk about should a parent well their kid? This is kids hitting parents. Age thirteen is peak risk, with fifteen percent of middle school's reporting parent directed violence in the past year. This is from a Child in Adolescent Psychiatry Journal, a European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Journal, Amy Eddie Lunchbox.
Speaker 6: What if your kid hit you? My son's eighteen, he's never hit me. My other son's twelve, he's never hit me. I would never dream of hitting my parents.
Speaker 4: Oh I'd have.
Speaker 8: Been killed, Like that wasn't even a thought.
Speaker 4: If I had, she'd pulled a.
Speaker 2: Shotgun or baseball bat or yeah, yeah, never would have been a thought.
Speaker 5: I think it's definitely a cause for a closer look at their mental health, like what's going on and they have anger they're trying to process, like what's going on?
Speaker 9: My five year olds hit me too young, though, That's what I'm saying. He didn't get mad. I pushed my mom one time. I was twenty six. O, dude, what did you do?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: Box?
Speaker 4: Do you knock for over?
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh my so it was Christmas Eve Christmas.
Speaker 2: This is also not a young kid's story. But okay, I'm into the story. That's what everybody know. The thing was like eleven to seventeen, right, I know, but I know it didn't fall in the prim six we're in now. I just wanted to let you know that it did happen, and you push your mom?
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: It was Christmas Eve at my parents' house and we were having game night and it was getting a little heated and my mom kind of got my face and was, you know, jawing like dancing, and I just kind of took my right arm and shoved.
Speaker 4: Her left shoulder.
Speaker 3: She's tiny, she.
Speaker 4: Is shut tiny.
Speaker 9: She fell over a chair, and so then I high tailed it out of there.
Speaker 4: I just turned around and left. No, no, no, no, got mest.
Speaker 9: I just left, man, because hey, you got to remove yourself from the situation. B How is dad going to react after I just pushed mom?
Speaker 4: By your dad? Yeah? And so I just left.
Speaker 9: And I drove to my house and they kept calling me and I didn't answer, and I didn't answer, and finally around midnight I answered. When my sister called me, She's like, are you still gonna come to Christmas? It's okay, it's not a big deal, like we're all fine. Did you just say I'm never part of the family again, you're moving away? No, I just thought, man, I'm not gonna go to Christmas tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Is gonna be awkward for a while. I don't know. So, Yeah, I gave my mom a good show.
Speaker 3: What an interesting way to handle an accident.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm all good for running away after it so I can regather my thoughts.
Speaker 4: But I'm not. I just you have my mom because of a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's not like he meant to.
Speaker 5: And she smell so like I just didn't even like wait to see if she was okay.
Speaker 9: You just I mean, it's not like she hit her head or anything she could have. I mean, she fell on her butt. She tripped over a chair, but she laid it on her butt. It ain't like she was a.
Speaker 8: Note to self, don't jaw in him after a game.
Speaker 4: We do and he gets rage, He gets raged.
Speaker 8: You know this is she was.
Speaker 4: She was up in my face.
Speaker 6: You push your mom? What do you gonna do to us? And it wasn't really more worried about it. It wasn't really a push.
Speaker 9: It was more of a kind of a stiff arm like a she fell and she fell, and so there you go.
Speaker 4: I pushed my mom. Now you feel better. You talked about it, Yeah, I let that out.
Speaker 3: Never admitted that, oh, never.
Speaker 4: Talking about kids like us. Thirty seven, twenty six.
Speaker 3: I mean you were twenty six, you had like just moved out. What do you mean you went to your own place? Where are you living with them?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: In twenty six, what age did you move out?
Speaker 4: Like twenty four? Right before.
Speaker 7: A shin barn amos sin bar.
Speaker 4: There's a question.
Speaker 3: To because.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got one for you, Amy, Hello, Bobby Bones. I'm recently engaged, and I'm so excited, except for one situation that has brought so much anxiety into my life. I have a sister who I'm close with, not best friend close. She's older than me, and she's always kind of assumed she'd be my maid of honor. The thing is, I've already chose my maid of honor, my best friend of twelve years. It is not my sister. My sister does not know yet. How do I tell her the truth without making her feel rejected or embarrassed? Is there our right way to do it? Signs Stuck between sister and best friend.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got some options here, all right.
Speaker 5: So one's probably not ideal because you didn't even bring it up in the email.
Speaker 3: But you could have two maids of honor. People do that. People do that.
Speaker 4: I hear you. That's a cop out.
Speaker 3: There, Okay.
Speaker 5: Also, I don't know your sister's situation. If she's married, your best friend is your maid of honor and your sister is your matron of honor.
Speaker 4: Also kind of a cop out, huh.
Speaker 3: I'm just giving you your options.
Speaker 5: Third option is the uncomfortable one, and that's where you have to tell your sister that your best friend of twelve years is going to be your maid of honor and she's a bridesmaid.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming she's.
Speaker 4: Going to be a bridesmaid, do you Yeah, I would assume.
Speaker 5: I would assume, so you can have her. I mean, you know, she could stand next to the maid of honor. But it's it's it's those three options.
Speaker 2: Do you have to say you're not the maid of honor? Or do you just say, hey, here's my bridal party. I made of honor is edit da and my bridesmaids are all edited.
Speaker 5: I think, given the fact that she already knows this is going to be sensitive. It would be kind to have a just an honest, clear conversation with her sister.
Speaker 4: How they go, I'll be the sister.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, clear as kind, unclear as unkind.
Speaker 3: So you just got to hey to.
Speaker 4: Me, I'm your older tradition. You can't wait to be made.
Speaker 2: Of hon.
Speaker 5: Okay, funny, imagine that. So I have decided, you know my best friend. She's my best friend. We've gone through so much of life together.
Speaker 3: You're my sister. I love you. She's going to be my maid of honor.
Speaker 5: I would still love to have you as a bridesmaid, and I hope that you will stand beside me on my wedding day and support these fowls.
Speaker 4: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I mean something like that, like I don't know.
Speaker 5: I wuld just be like, don't over, don't use too many words. Then there's like words salad. And then you're trying to protect her feelings. How she receives it is as long as you deliver it in a clear, kind way, you're good. Keep you your side of the street, good to go, know that you're being kind and caring towards her feelings. And then she's going to have to process those feelings on her own. You can't control how.
Speaker 4: She feels, Okay, Is that the way that you would recommend her doing.
Speaker 3: That's what I would.
Speaker 5: Do if actually, honestly, I'm not an option wandered to just me. But if I decided that I just wanted one made of honor, then that's the route I would go.
Speaker 2: Can I give you a little advice about how to have an uncomfortable conversation that does not even reflect this story? So if you have news for somebody that is not going to be pleasant one, you want to get to it immediately because you start hmming and haweing.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you don't want to do that. But here's how you start those conversations. I'm going to tell you something that's not gonna feel good to tell you because it allows them to brace for impact and they know it's coming, and it also allows you to get to it quicker.
Speaker 5: If your sister's seeing to be like who died, Well, you're not.
Speaker 4: Waiting an hour.
Speaker 2: You walk in the room, say I'm gonna tell you something. This is going to be uncomfortable. I don't like to have to tell you this, and that actually gives them a second inside their body to go, oh, what's about to happen is not going to be good. And then what happens most of the time is they think it's gonna be something way worse because you set them up for that. That's why you tell them immediately, and they accept it so much easier because of how you set it up. It allows you to get to it quicker. You preface it by going, this is not going to feel comfortable. It's hard to talk about, but I have to tell you this, and they're like, oh God, what is it all going to be?
Speaker 4: And then when you tell them that it's not trivial.
Speaker 2: But it's definitely not not trivial, so they go oh, and they take it a little differently, maybe a little better.
Speaker 4: Any uncomfortable conversation I have.
Speaker 2: That's how I started, where I go, Hey, this is not easy to talk about, but here it is. Boom say it. You're not gonna like this. I don't like having to tell you this, but here's what it is. Boom say it. It helps in a couple different ways. Yeah, So that'd be my advice or canceled wedding.
Speaker 3: Don't have a bridal party.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go, close it up.
Speaker 2: Here are my critiques of the halftime shows last night. I'll do the Bad Money one first, which, by the way, is now the record most viewed halftime show ever, which that happens almost every year, but okay, this year that's the most viewed ever. I didn't know any of the songs, so it lost me. It looked cool, but I know any of the songs, so the good was. It looked cool. My critique is, I don't know any of the songs. I don't know much Spanish. The Spanish I do know it's from living in Texas and having all Hispanic and Mexican friends, and they have to talk slower for me to get it. So fine, whatever it wasn't for me, I'm okay if things aren't for me. I watched the other halftime show. The good was I knew some of the songs, so some of them I knew. The bad was I could tell it was taped. It was recorded. Oh really, I didn't see it, so yeah, it was recorded. It looked like it was on America's Got Talent stage, like the stage look cheap, but I knew some of the songs. It was also felt like a infomercial because they were selling stuff like merch beforehand.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had them both on just overall halftime. Not a good year for me just generally speaking. That's my official review. But who cares, Like things don't have to be for me. I don't get upset if things out for me. But the NFL did what they were hoping, which was there now and this was all a business move by the NFL. They are going into South America, they are going into Spain like it's an international growth. That's why they're doing nine games next year in other countries. And also he's the biggest artist in the world and he's American. Yeah, so not the greatest me year for the halftime shows.
Speaker 5: Which some people still don't seem to understand that he's American.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's easy good Puerto Rico American.
Speaker 2: So generally speaking, yeah, not for me at halftime, but that's okay.
Speaker 5: I still, even though I didn't know the words, like, I was still entertaining. Something about his music just kind of makes you want to move.
Speaker 2: I was trying to understand some of it. Lady Gaga, it's just so fast, Lady Gaga was good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's my official review. He didn't watch either one of them.
Speaker 5: I watched Bad Bunny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was entertained.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good.
Speaker 5: The when he fell through the ceiling I had. I was recording something, so I had that and at first I was like, Oh my gosh, that's so cool and there's like people in there, Like I was thinking there was like a family inside there, and that's the footage, but that was obviously pre tape.
Speaker 4: That that part when he fell through.
Speaker 5: I know, but I didn't like. Initially I was like, oh, that's legit. They have this whole setup in there and they're filming and then he comes out, kicks his door, dust his shoulder off, and then I was like, oh, he like fell through there. They caught him and then went out. There's no family sitting inside the little house.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is how out of touch I am.
Speaker 2: I know Bad Bunny most from wrestling, because he was a wrestler for a while.
Speaker 8: Oh really, Oh yeah, didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that. I don't know why I would, but I just haven't heard that.
Speaker 8: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, he not like he wrestled you know how Jelly rolled ad a stint. I think he had a slightly larger stint, but he was good. Oh yeah, so Bad Bunny was a wrestler.
Speaker 4: I know him from WWE.
Speaker 5: Interesting was his name Bad Bunny?
Speaker 4: No, he was Bad Bunny.
Speaker 5: It was just like appear Okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like the Stone Mike, you are a Bad Bunny fan.
Speaker 8: I loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew all the songs that the performance was amazing.
Speaker 5: Bilingual what you are bilingual too?
Speaker 4: But yeah, that performance was for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife liked it because she is a fan of Bad Bunny, but she's also eleven years old, younger than I am. So the game was terrible. It's a terrible game. Like it's probably the worst Super Bowl I've ever sat through.
Speaker 5: Actually stopped watching after halftime, went home. It was getting late. Yeah, it was very I mean the first quarter.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: We were in San Francisco for a part of the week last week. San Francisco is an awesome city, and Eddie kept screaming, this is my city. We can't take your pictures that like random corners because it was like, this is the greatest city, it's so cool, it's a cool city, Like it almost feels like New York.
Speaker 6: It's so busy, you know, like like people walk everywhere, but then you're right by the ocean and it's beautiful with mountains everywhere. Like, dude, I was in love with San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Eddie rode in a weimo one of those ubers and don't have a driver. Guys.
Speaker 8: That was crazy.
Speaker 6: It's almost like like you know, you go to like Disneyland or whatever, and there's just like a ride where you have no control over.
Speaker 8: But honestly, I wasn't scared, like not once.
Speaker 5: I feel like, if you're gonna ride Awaimo though they're they're they're a little more experienced there. Yeah, do I feel like that if that's the place to try it, you know, you go where they have more experience.
Speaker 6: I will say though, that like police officers like doing traffic control, we're getting really upset with a weymos because.
Speaker 4: They not recognize humans.
Speaker 6: Well, they were just like go stop, go go, and the waymos like do I go do?
Speaker 4: I don't listen to humans? Right, It wasn't weird. It was weird.
Speaker 2: Where did you sit in the backseat? Could you sit in the front passenger?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you could. It was an option.
Speaker 2: And then what was on because there's no driver, huh, what was on? Like the on the dash you.
Speaker 8: Could do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: You want to play your Spotify, your whatever music, anything you want.
Speaker 8: It's yours. It's like you control the ox.
Speaker 4: So I didn't want to download another app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you're probably eventually going to.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, to get the way app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Eddie was like trying to download the app and then you couldn't get one to come to him, and then he was like, ah, screw this, and so you did it the next day. It doesn't feel like I have too many apps.
Speaker 8: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: It's like close sometimes you just got to clean it out.
Speaker 2: She could donate my app, because I would donate them. I'm so surprised that they haven't found Savannah Guthrie's mom, so surprised that it's still on the children of Nancy Guthrie, which by the way, she's a Savannah being one of them, put out another video over the weekend.
Speaker 3: We received your message, and we understand.
Speaker 10: We beg you now to return our mother to us so that we can celebrate with her. This is the only way we want peace, This is very valuable to us, and we will pay.
Speaker 4: They said they would pay.
Speaker 2: There was also some language in there like return and celebrate, and obviously they're doing what the FBI saying and saying the words the FBI saying to say. But that sounds like she's not alive and they just want to return.
Speaker 4: But again that's just me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: I know. When I saw that, I had to watch it over and over because the very end it's like, we will pay, and it cuts off and the pay is kind of and I'm like, did she just say we will pay? We will pay, we'll pay. So I guess tonight at five five pm is the deadline for six million dollars. However, they don't have proof of life. They don't even know that these ransom notes are real. They're treating them as they are because there was a demand on Thursday for four million and now tonight is six million. And one clue that maybe they're scammers is that they said equivalent to six million USD and if you're domestic, you don't really say USD.
Speaker 2: Unless you're domestic, and you want people to think you're not domestic. And then there's that, and then you say that and then you mess up your verbia John Purpose, so they think you're not.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 2: There was a guy that got arrested for sending a fake ransom note. So he's from la and he sent the fake ransom note. His name, his last name is Hawthorne. No, I guess that's the town he's from. Hawthorne resident Derek Kalela sent text messages to Nancy's daughter and son in law demanding payment, and Bitcoin investigator said the message were traced to Kalella's home and he admitted as sending the texts. He is charged in federal court with transmitting a ransom Da da da. That's from asy family. But here's a guy trying to fake it. So yeah, they don't know.
Speaker 5: Obviously, everybody in her orbit is a suspect. That's what they're I mean rating.
Speaker 2: Every the reporter that we talked about last week that said that the son in law was the main suspect, she's doubling down. She's like, I've been in this business for you know, twenty or thirty years. I have so many sources and contacts with the FBI. That is still what I'm hearing.
Speaker 5: They searched their house Annie, that's her, Savannah's sister and her husband on Saturday night, I think, and they were the daughter was the last person to see the mom. But that doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: It's just they were also looking in the septic tank, and so they're just looking for anything. And I think if we read too much into anything at this point, we could possibly be chasing something that's not even you know, one of the.
Speaker 4: Or who. I don't know. It's just it's like a movie.
Speaker 5: And we're watching it unfold in real time.
Speaker 2: One of the notes that she had read on screen, there was some verbiage that was like silence of the lambs, and people were like, this is straight from a movie. But what that is I think it was silence of lambs. But what that is is that's what the FBI tells them to say. I think they even took it from other hostage type situations or ransom type situations.
Speaker 8: So if there's no.
Speaker 6: Proof of life or anything, do you pay the ransom anyway and then just hope that they're real?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, that would be very.
Speaker 2: Difficult because I've never heard of a situation like this before. Yeah, in my lifetime. I've seen a million in the movies and on television, but I have never heard of a situation like this, And a lot of times they don't want situations like this to get a bunch of news because it encourages other people to do things like this. However, this one started with her mom's miss she's famous, and then her mom goes missing, so that became like a general interest story. Well, now she's not going to the Olympics because they can't find her mom and she's famous. Well, then it is snowballed into this. Now, did whomever is sending the ransom notes see this story and go we could probably scam some money out of this, or does somebody really have the mom?
Speaker 4: Like, we don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, some of the conspiracy theories I see online are crazy. I have to like click out one.
Speaker 4: Look at the comments.
Speaker 5: Well that I'm looking at the comments, it's like certain videos will pop up because clearly I have shown interest in this, and then I'm like, what, this is crazy. I have to swipe out because if this crazy thought is even a tiny bit real.
Speaker 3: Then the world is.
Speaker 5: Like I'm completely messed up, far more messed up than I even have comprehension.
Speaker 2: For that's the latest that we know of that. I'm so surprised that we're here on Monday and.
Speaker 3: We still know nothing.
Speaker 4: We still and they know a lot more than we do.
Speaker 2: Obviously, they're only sharing the things they think they can share in order to help this situation move along.
Speaker 4: So they may, oh, exactly, they may have proof of life. Yeah right, we just don't know that, and we don't deserve to know that.
Speaker 8: It's not it's none of our business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So there's the update there. Amy. What do you have going on during Week two of the Sound Reset Challenge?
Speaker 5: Well, Week two is all about meditation. So each week we're going to be challenging you with an assignment one impactful step to reach your twenty twenty six goals. Now inspired by my conversation with Dan Harris in his book ten Percent Happier, Available and Audible, your week two challenge is to try meditation. So yeah, this week we're gonna all give it a try. See if you can meditate for ten minutes a day, or even just five minutes, something is better than nothing. You got to find yourself a quiet space you can sit or lay down. Just make sure that your spine is straight. You can set a timer and begin to breathe, feel the sensations of your breath going in and out. If a thought distracts you, that's totally normal. Just notice it and then gracefully come back to focusing on your breath. It may not be easy at first, trust me, but just like fitness, the more you practice, the easier it will become. And if you already practice, maybe use this week to check in and see if you can go a little deeper. To hear my full conversation with Dan, head to Bobbybones dot com and for more of his journey with mindfulness, listen to his book ten Percent Happier only on Audible. All of this is brought to you by Audible. Audible's Wellbeing collection has everything to inspire and support you in every step of your wellbeing journey.
Speaker 2: Listen in next week for your Week three Sound Reset Challenge. Kickstart your wellbeing journey with your first audiobook free when you sign up for a thirty day trial at audible dot com. Membership is fourteen ninety five a month after thirty days cancel anytime.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Is this a loser move or a legitimate good move? Amy Tell the story.
Speaker 5: Okay, a cleaner is going viral off to sharing something that their client did. So they show up at the apartment's clean and they find this note to our cleaner, we hid one hundred mini ducks around the apartment. We do this to ensure a job well done. Please leave all the ducks in this jar. And then they signed their names. So the result is there was one hundred ducks. The cleaner found seventy six of them, contacted the client and ultimately quit because, like, I don't know, the whole thing just seems crazy and completely disrespectful.
Speaker 4: You say loser move.
Speaker 3: I think it's a total loser move.
Speaker 5: I understand that you want a job well done, But those twenty four ducks in places that didn't get cleaned, little.
Speaker 3: Nooks and crannies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there were pictures included on the viral posts of like some of the ducks around the open like a sponge, like sitting on top of the sponge on the kitchen sink, but then others were like tucked behind a little couch corner. I mean, it just seems like a little ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It does seem ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And I also think if you have somebody come over to clean as one thing, but like a deep clean, like if you're having to move houses because I've had to hire somebody, if we move to do a deep clean up a place they have to scrub out.
Speaker 4: I'm never doing the ducks thing.
Speaker 2: That does feel like here's some three dollars on the table to the waiter, and every time you do bad, I'm picking up one of the dollars.
Speaker 5: It feels like that it is giving that energy.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I don't like the feeling of it, but I understand maybe you've had bad experience with other cleaners.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't like the ducks thing. It feels douchey, y'all loser move. How do you not find twenty four ducks? Though there's a lot of ducks, that's a lot of tiny Actually, that company does not give me confidence. Oh are they the little tiny glass ducks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to have one of my I was picturing the big rubber ducks.
Speaker 2: Well, I think some are big, some are small, or there are some are around in the open, some aren't.
Speaker 5: They're the little teeny tiny ones. And yeah, I believe that if they didn't find them, it's just because they didn't clean every nook and crany, but who.
Speaker 2: Does well, I think you're hiring somebody, yeah, to clean every nook and cranny. I just think the listen, if you're paying money, that's acceptable. It's fine.
Speaker 4: They were like hiding them in the plant, like inside of the planet the pot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's fine to do.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna be hard to find people that are gonna work for someone who treats their people like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also you at like Duck fifty and they're not finding them as quick as they thought they have to be.
Speaker 4: Like, oh man, we're never getting paid for this.
Speaker 2: They were putting them like inside the refrigerator, like behind bottles.
Speaker 7: Oh man.
Speaker 3: It did make me think, like, don't want to do something like this with.
Speaker 2: My kids, though, Like again, could be I don't hate it if they're in trouble, yes, But if you're hiring somebody and you want them consistent and to.
Speaker 4: Do good quality work, they're gonna quit.
Speaker 2: Because this is again it's like you said, it's the energy of someone when you're waiting, who's your dad?
Speaker 8: My dad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Five dollar bills and be like all right, that's just like oh, you have brought water yet.
Speaker 5: Oh I'd be mortified.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So loser move or legit move, Eddie.
Speaker 6: I think it'd be fun, like even for the cleaning team, it'd be kind of.
Speaker 8: A fun little game.
Speaker 6: They quit until you can't find those twenty and you're just telling this is so stupid.
Speaker 8: So I'm gonna say loser. I'm gonna say loser move because it's impossible.
Speaker 4: I also I think to myself, how could they not find twenty four duck?
Speaker 9: That is a lot of ducks notifying because you're not looking in the planter, you're not looking at it.
Speaker 2: If there's four, I'm like, they didn't find one hundred, they got ninety six, I get it, twenty four Are you even cleaning?
Speaker 9: They missed twenty five percent almost of the ducks. That means they're missing twenty five percent of my house that they are not cleaning. So I think it's a legit move. It's like a test. Like when kids go to school, they learn something, they have to take a test on it. I hired you to do something. The test is can you pass? Sorry, you're not good enough for the job. Legit move.
Speaker 6: I think some of these cleaning teams too, like they have four houses they got to do in a day or whatever.
Speaker 4: If you're not finding those ducks, that's not an excuse so to not do a good job.
Speaker 5: And in this case, it sounds like it was just one housekeeper sorry, like one.
Speaker 4: Person not cut out for the job, she doesn't want to work hard.
Speaker 2: I'm sixty sent loser move forty percent legit move. But I think if and ninety is an a. If you find ninety of the one hundred ducks, you're good full price, Yeah, paid full price. If you anything below, I start taking dollars off the table.
Speaker 5: It's like I want to know if the homeowners could even walk in their house and tell you where those twenty four ducks were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly right, go find all the ducks.
Speaker 5: Probably couldn't, Yeah, they probably like, shoot, where did I put that?
Speaker 4: One time?
Speaker 2: For the Bobby feud, we has two thousand Bobby bonche listeners. Name a famous at Jason, Amy Morgan, Eddie, you're playing lunchboxes out because the finished last place last time.
Speaker 4: Amy ten answers on the board. Name a famous.
Speaker 5: Jason Jason Sidekis.
Speaker 2: Show me Jason's that Hey, guys, number five, answer why this is so hard.
Speaker 4: Name a famous Jason.
Speaker 5: Jason al Dean al Dean.
Speaker 4: Number one answer, nice job, that's good.
Speaker 3: Jason Bateman.
Speaker 11: Number three answer Jason, Jason's uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Jason's Statham Jason Statham.
Speaker 4: Jason Stathum is correct the action star bald head dude.
Speaker 2: So you have Al Dean, Jason Stathum, Jason Bateman, and Jason Saidakis.
Speaker 4: We've said the word Jason so many times it's starting to feel weird.
Speaker 3: It's very weird because I'm like, Jason.
Speaker 4: Six more, Jason's on the board, Jason.
Speaker 3: Jason the scary guy. Does you have a last name?
Speaker 4: Jason? Five seconds? No name my famous Jason. No answer, Jason the mask, Jason the Mary Guy.
Speaker 2: Incorrect. Morgan Amy only has eleven points. First round. The points are very low.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 12: I'm like so turned around. She kept saying Jason so many times that now I feel like somebody that I think I know his name is Jason, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: So Jason Momoa, Jason Momoa.
Speaker 4: Okay. Number four answer.
Speaker 12: I really thought his name was not Jason for a second and it was really thrown me off.
Speaker 3: The other one that came to mind was.
Speaker 13: Jason Derulo, number seven answers.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: You guys are now tied to eleven.
Speaker 12: That's all I had, so let me continue down that road.
Speaker 3: How many how many do we have left to get or left?
Speaker 4: You have?
Speaker 2: Jason Aldan off the list, Jason Stathum, Bateman, Moa, Sedakis and Dulo are all off the list.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, can think of?
Speaker 4: Is Jason's Jason's Deli not go Chicken little soon?
Speaker 8: Do it?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 13: More?
Speaker 4: Good? Famous? Jason everything else? Jason Zilly the del A, Jason Eddie Man.
Speaker 8: They've taken so many Jason's. All I've got now is Jason Stiegel.
Speaker 2: Jason what Hey Siegel? Jason Siegel that I met your mother? All the muppets he does rise them up at movies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay forgetting Sarah marrishall oh yes, yes, okay, big tall guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jason, that was.
Speaker 4: Worth nine points. That's pretty good.
Speaker 8: Jason Johnson did you.
Speaker 4: Make that up?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 4: Jason Johnson? All right?
Speaker 2: Three left, Amy, you have eleven points. The six and eight and ten answers are on the board.
Speaker 3: Jason isbell.
Speaker 4: Solid.
Speaker 2: He's probably not on the country singer Jason Isbell, all right, points, you're doubled, Morgan.
Speaker 4: I don't think I know any.
Speaker 3: Other Jason's off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: I can tell you everybody knows these Jason. There's nobody crazy.
Speaker 3: On the list, like walking through so many.
Speaker 12: The one that I was like thinking of, I don't think his name is Jason. I think I think it's like Jensen, not Jason.
Speaker 3: But Ackleman, Jason Ackelman.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're saying, Ackeman Ackleman.
Speaker 12: I've even like Vambire Diaries or something.
Speaker 2: Jason Ackelman, Eddie, you need some points here? You're in last place. It's the second round though, right, yeah, Jason, three answers. I know.
Speaker 8: I got to Jason Hidleston, who's that have a strategy?
Speaker 3: Oh you're skipping to third round?
Speaker 4: You don't need it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I have not questioning your strategy, Jason Hiddleston, Amy, last round points are tripled.
Speaker 3: Jason, did you know when you do that?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: He was so excited.
Speaker 2: Thought he discovered the new world.
Speaker 5: Morgan did it.
Speaker 3: I even have it written down.
Speaker 5: That she did it.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't.
Speaker 5: I don't know, guys, I was going through the alphabet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you actually said that one.
Speaker 5: I was trying to go through the alphabet Morgan.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I keep going to fictional things and I know they're not on this list.
Speaker 3: That's like he's coming into my head.
Speaker 4: Name of Jason, Jason. Who are you? Jason, Jason.
Speaker 3: Ah, Jason Jason bourd Oh.
Speaker 4: Well, that's very creative character. I didn't say that had to be a real person.
Speaker 2: Jason is played by Matt Damon and all the Born movies show me Jason Bourne.
Speaker 4: We'll see a Betty's Strategy paid off dude, or the home run.
Speaker 8: Because I knew they would never guess this, but Amy.
Speaker 14: Brought it up. He brought it up, the guy in the mask, and I'm like, oh, I know his last name. The who the guy in the mask? Jason? It's Jason Bore He's give me Jason bo He's the killer.
Speaker 9: Come on for the win.
Speaker 3: I think Webby would say Amy be more specific.
Speaker 8: Come on, dude, give it to me, Give it to me, Jason borehees.
Speaker 2: Did you have another guess? It wasn't so it's always a home run or nothing. Show me Jason Voorhees.
Speaker 4: It didn't work. Yeah, I didn't my strategy did not work. You two are top.
Speaker 2: Do you want to tie because it doesn't matter, or do you want to give a hint it's me and me and Amy, or you're out, you've lost, You will not play next round?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll give you a hint. Ready, hint number one, or we're just buzzing in.
Speaker 2: Just say your name football player, former football player.
Speaker 1: Amy Amy, I don't know. Jason Kelsey correct. Next word, that's worth six points. Next one? Singer acoustic guitar.
Speaker 11: Hey, Amy, Jason Maras correct.
Speaker 13: Okay, I just need hints. Next one, okay, short actor bald nineties.
Speaker 3: That's not Jason, says them. Does he play George?
Speaker 4: Also? Britney Spears is he's a pretty woman too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his name is Jason.
Speaker 4: What x xand not the same guy? Same name though? Wait?
Speaker 3: Is what Jason Federline?
Speaker 2: Jason Alexander Jason Alexander Jason. Yeah, but we need the points for the end of the year, so our winner bobby feud is Amy. If you're trying to declutter, there's a ifs and butts rule when you're thinking about getting rid of something and you hear yourself go, i'd like this if it wasn't itchy, or I'd wear this sleep a little longer, or if I lost a little way, or if if if that's when you know you should give it away, if you if and but it are you good to get rid of stuff?
Speaker 5: I've gotten better at it, So yeah, I would put myself in the category of like good discernment on whether or not to keep it or not.
Speaker 2: The only way I keep if I'm in that mode is if I am absolutely one hundred dedicated to it, if there's even a ten percent, like I don't gone gone out the house.
Speaker 5: Last year I saw a psychologist talk about, you know, like giving your items a performance review, like you would it work.
Speaker 3: And if if they don't get a good performance for you, they're fired.
Speaker 5: Like you know when you buy something that's technically you're hiring it a job for you.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of my stuff, I'll be like, oh, I'm not gonna want to buy this, but it's two nights, I'm not gonna wear it until the right thing. And then it gets two years later and like, I don't never even wore it, the review is incomplete.
Speaker 4: I get rid of that stuff. But tags there's like place near our house we'll get stuff with tags on it because I'm like, I'm not gonna use that. Somebody can, so let me donate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, if it doesn't scream we had a good life together, it's out the house. Whenever I'm in the mode, it is out the house because I will stuff will accumulate like crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm not a clutterer.
Speaker 9: You are.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not lunchbox is mister clutter. Oh I'm a clutter. Let me tell you.
Speaker 9: I have seven Kansas Jayhawk hoodies. And I mean, why do I have seven of them? I don't know, but I can't let go of it because I got it twelve years ago. It's faded, it looks worn, but guess what still gonna wear it.
Speaker 2: The only thing I have that as holes, i'm underwear because for a dude, it's so hard to like have good underwear.
Speaker 4: Correct it fit?
Speaker 3: Don't It's not that hard order the same pair.
Speaker 2: It's not always the same. It's the materials differ material. It's sometimes they change material. Sometimes it's just a good year. It's like wine, you know, the nineteen ninety eight frou of the looms. Really, oh man, they produce those chef's kiss but that's the rule. But if you're decluttering, if you get an if or if you get a butt, just get rid of it if you can, because obviously you're looking to make some room.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Do you spring clean?
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I have a set calendar in this springtime, but yes, when seasons turn over, whether it's spring, summer, winter, I do like an audit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think when I have to move clothes because I have cold weather like sweaters that take up the whole closet. Whenever I have to move that to like the upper part of the closet a little shelf, I'm like, okay, I'm ever gonna wear this.
Speaker 4: That's when I do my performance reviews.
Speaker 5: I got some clear plastic bins that way I can see in them and I know where they are, and I've got them.
Speaker 4: I got the depot organized.
Speaker 5: No, So the the stuff that I feel more sentimental about, like my marathon T shirt from two thousand and one, you know, like I ran Motorol of Marathon, Like I don't need the shirt, but I want to keep it, So that went into the plastic bin in the attic.
Speaker 3: So I've got stuff like that that I don't have to keep well.
Speaker 5: Keep it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: That was a special occasionally.
Speaker 5: No, I would never, I would never wear it thing. It's a memory box thing. But there's other shirts like I have sorority date night shirts in that box, like why do I need Like there's stuff like that where I've.
Speaker 3: Had to audit.
Speaker 4: But they don't.
Speaker 5: They don't get donated. They go into the clear sentimental box, so I always know where they are in case.
Speaker 3: I mean, what if my daughter she's not she's not.
Speaker 2: I got two for you here. This woman had a stroke after cracking her neck. You know how people could take the bottom of their hand and they put it on her chin. They popped her neck. So she was driving home from Walmart. She kind of felt the pain in her neck, so she stretched it to the right and then she cracked it and then she had a stroke.
Speaker 4: Oh. She was rushed to the hospital by her husband. Turns out she had a stroke from cracking her neck. Terrible.
Speaker 3: Well, was the stroke coming and this just expedited it.
Speaker 4: Possibly, I don't think we have a way of knowing that, but possibly.
Speaker 3: But also, yeah, I do not pop my own neck.
Speaker 4: She said.
Speaker 2: She got over the counter pain medicine for the next five days she was seeing a doctor. Then it got much worse, and then she popped her neck and then a bright light flashed in her eye. She lost her vision. Her vision came back after fifteen minutes, but the right side of her body went numb. She could not speak clearly. Her husband rushed her to the hospital, where doctor said she suffered a stroke. Crack tore an artery, which caused a blood clot to travel.
Speaker 4: To the brain. Wow, so it did cause it.
Speaker 2: The clot dissolved on its own. Luckily she did not need surgery. She has made a full recovery from a lot of the central But she was cracking her neck, tore something and.
Speaker 4: Had a stroke.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is crazy. Another one And I thought the picture was ai when I saw it. You see the picture of this woman and behind her she's doing a selfie and behind her is a snow leopard, and the snow leopards not mean and mad, but ain't happy the snow. You can see the snow leopard's teeth. I thought someone had made that picture like look at me in the snow.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 2: Chilling photo shows skiing torrests taking selfie with rare snow leopard moments before a malder face.
Speaker 4: Whoa, it's so close to her.
Speaker 2: If you were in your chair now to lean all the way back to flat and put your hands back, that's about where the snow leopard was, and you could see it. It was wild again, I thought it was Ai. So she was left seriously injured after the attack. This skier moved dangerously close to the wild animal while trying to take a photo on our way back to the hotel.
Speaker 4: This is from Daily Mail. Video.
Speaker 2: Footage taken moments later shows the woman trapped underneath the leopard.
Speaker 4: Look at the snow leopard.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's crazy, like I said, doesn't.
Speaker 4: That like Ai? Yeah, that's fake And again it looks like it's posing for the picture. But I think it's just getting ready to pounce an eater.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, the skier was saved.
Speaker 2: Her life was saved because she had a helmet on and you can see in the picture that she's wearing it. What's the number one rule of selfies? Because there are two rules. Number one, don't get close to the edge. Yes, number two, don't get close to animals. Don't do it with animals, Well, don't do it with animals. Also don't take a picture of the animals.
Speaker 4: Doing with the animals. It gets you in the jail. That's what I met. She lived, but she got got. I mean, that is so close. That's so close.
Speaker 6: Have you seen the one where the girl is skiing and there's a bear.
Speaker 4: Like just running behind her? Watched scheme but she's flying down the hill. I thought that was Ai.
Speaker 8: It might be man.
Speaker 4: Honestly, any of those that I see were the bears chasing people. I feel like that's all AI. Okay, it might be. Oh, you don't know it. I have no idea. Okay, well, there you have it.
Speaker 7: Wake up, Wake ming and it's on the radio, and the Dodgers ready and his lunchbox, more game too, steve red and it's trying to put you through the fog. He's running his wigs. Next bit, the Bobby's on the box. So you know what this.
Speaker 2: The Bobby balls Amy has told me. The Corny's all this week will be Valentine's Day themed.
Speaker 5: Like love couples.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, here we go, Morning Corny.
Speaker 4: The Morning Corny.
Speaker 5: Why did the cute couple end up in prison?
Speaker 4: Why did the cute couple end up in prison?
Speaker 5: They stole each other's hearts.
Speaker 4: That's bad. The morning Corny, this is a bad one.
Speaker 5: You never know with you guys. He likes it, you don't.
Speaker 4: Do you have another one?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Another one?
Speaker 2: That was like d plus you got to start off the week with a new theme. Okay, go ahead, you're gonna do it with the music? Are you demanding the music?
Speaker 4: The morning Corny?
Speaker 5: What did one pig say to the other?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I like where this is going. I want to thank you. That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: What don't go bacon my heart.
Speaker 4: That's good, don't go bacon in my heart. That was the morning Corny.
Speaker 5: I have some Valentine's Day after Dark though we can.
Speaker 2: We can do it on the podcast later. Do you want to do one and then we'll bleep it, but we'll do the rest of the podcast.
Speaker 4: I want to hear it it is and we'll bleep it. Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Do you want yeah after dark pulled up ray or do you want to just we can just go with the normal. She kind of threw this on you here.
Speaker 5: Well, I've been working on it. I've been putting it together.
Speaker 2: I need you to commit to this and now, The Morning Corny, After dark.
Speaker 5: How did burger King get dairy Queen pregnant?
Speaker 2: How did Burger King get dairy queen pregnant?
Speaker 5: You forgot to wrap his waffer. That was.
Speaker 4: After dark. We'll bleep that. That wasn't even that mad, still bad enough.
Speaker 5: It's after dark though, like some of these are.
Speaker 4: Can you go harder? I can't waste them all, Okay.
Speaker 5: I've been working on putting it together. But let me see.
Speaker 4: Uh, we'll bleep it.
Speaker 5: I mean they're not that, they're not that bad.
Speaker 4: Ray hit us with one more? Okay, and now the morning corn after dark?
Speaker 5: What does a hot dog use for protection?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: What conidence?
Speaker 2: Oh? I like that one that was morning corny after dark.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good, not bad.
Speaker 2: Weait to beleeve those. You can hear them on the podcast though. That'll be on part one and we'll do more part two.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, And then I feel like you want to do them today or do we sprinkle them in because it's.
Speaker 4: Week after dark? We can do a whole set of them today on the podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can't do.
Speaker 4: We can't do after darks every morning.
Speaker 5: But now I feel like I wasted two good ones.
Speaker 4: You didn't waste them because we got enjoyment at Yeah we liked them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but when I look at my compilation as a whole, now it's lacking.
Speaker 4: So let me then do better and fill it up more. I'll fill it back up more because we enjoyed that. Guys, we enjoyed that. And there we go, Bobby Boone's show up today.
Speaker 9: This story comes us from Clearwater, Florida. A thirty two year old man want to impress a girl, take her out, got her in the car. He's like, don't worry, I'm gonna stop, buy you some flowers. Goes in, buy some flowers, gives them to her, drives her to the bar. Let's go in, have a drink, goes in, Hey, let me pay my tab. It brought me is to use counterfeit money. Bartender notice like, oh yeah, thanks. They called cops. You gotta restawise on his date.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'd like to rewind amy. You ever been on a date where a guy goes, don't you worry, I'm gonna go in and get you flowers? Like I feel like even that order is off. Like you have the flowers and you give them to them at the date, or if you stop and you have to go into the gas station or at the grocery store, you get the flowers while you're in without announcing I'm gonna stop and get your some flowers.
Speaker 5: Don't you worry? I got you. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: That's never happened to me.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I just didn't feel like the timing was right, even the flowers part.
Speaker 5: Nor have I been out with someone where they've been arrested on our days?
Speaker 2: Oh what about if you've ever been out with someone who used counterfeit money? Not that I now love, okay, because really good counterfeit money it's hard to come by.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, I'm lunchbox. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 2: Let's go and talk to Rex, who lives in Ohio. Rex, you're on the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, I got a question for you, Yes, sir, I wanted to know why bluegrass isn't considered country music or is it?
Speaker 2: Bluegrass was born inside of country music, so it is the same way that rock was really based in blue So bluegrass probably the forties or so. Bluegrass was the early version of country music. The country music kind of came from bluegrass has jess acoustic instruments, where country music then turned into more commercial sounds, electric guitars, et cetera. It is country, though it actually is more country than what's country now. But as country evolved, bluegrass has pretty much stayed somewhat similar. So it is I think that's probably the best answer there. It is country music. It's just the early part of country music.
Speaker 10: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: I just noticed on the CMA Awards they never even mentioned bluegrass, and nobody plays it on the radio neither.
Speaker 2: They do give bluegrass awards out they didn't make the television version of the Grammy Awards, but bluegrass does have categories, and yeah, they didn't play it, but there are at times people like Billy Strings who make it super commercially popular. Derek Spentley's a big bluegrass guy, put out a whole bluegrass album. But bluegrass is country. It's just a very, very much older version of country that stayed as country changed. Do you feel like that's that's a good answer for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess that works.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it the same way that blues is the formation of rock and gospel is kind of the reason that soul ends up happening. Country music comes from bluegrass music. So I hope that a yeah, well I'd fact check all that, but yeah, well I appreciate that call. Rex, Thank you very much. Hope you have a great rest of the day. Yep, all right, I see you later and we will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All right, By everybody, it is no Bobby Bone.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bone The Bobby Bones Show theme song written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve, executive producer, Raymondo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.