Speaker 1: Scam Come Rabby and from Scam come.
Speaker 2: Robby and Froe Scam Goddess, what's pop and Congregation, We're back for another installment of Scam Goddess. It's me your host, Lacy Mostly aka Scam Goddess, and I say it with me. Guys, I am so excited for today's guest, but I really am. Uh. He is quite the magical negro. You can listen to his comedy album that's out right now called The Low Morning After Pill. You know him and love him from the New Girl and many many projects. Guys, we have lemar and Morris.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Dance there? When I called you a magical negro?
Speaker 3: I did because magical negros need to dance, people. That's the thing about magical negroes. We we oftentimes dance like most negroes. Is that a stereotype or is.
Speaker 2: That just that I'm trying to reclaim it? Because magical negro is just like the negro in every White people movie that's like go get your man, or like drives you to the airport.
Speaker 3: Drive.
Speaker 2: I wasn't trying to be shady.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something. I'm a magical negro who would just pay for a n Uber. I will get you an Uber as a friend, you know what I mean? Like, that's me doing my part.
Speaker 2: Is it bad that I beget my mama ubers from the airport? I get her Uber black like the suv, but I don't go pick her up.
Speaker 3: Not at all, Not at all. That's because it's luxury. Do you drive a suburban?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Do I drive an suv?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: You just asked you don't know what car I drive?
Speaker 3: You just the asshole because you have a luxurious car. Now the car I have. Now, I definitely picked my mom up for the airport.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you weren't doing it because you didn't like your car. I'm not doing it because I'm not getting I'm not going to l a X. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Come on now, listen. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. You get to sit in traffic for your mom back here, up and down the four oh five. She can nag you when she gets to your house.
Speaker 2: Now I'm playing exactly, and go through my ship and go through my sh She doesn't even stay at my house. She always stays at a hotel because she's bougie. But she wants to come to my house and go through my ship and then go to a hotel.
Speaker 3: That's the sole reason. Yes, you know what'd be funny like if you just like as any any guy that you're dating, will just really like buddy buddy up to your mom and then go listen, go through her phone for me. You used to going through her ship, like who was she texting last night?
Speaker 2: You want to go through what?
Speaker 3: I just because I'm a detective. Oh, by any means.
Speaker 2: Necessary, Well, then you're perfect for this show. You're absolutely perfect. No, my mom knows I can't drive. This podcast knows I can't drive. I didn't have to test for a driver's license, and everyone is very well aware of that. Like I scammed my way. I never took a driver's test at the DMV. I went to driving Daryl's house. Listen, Daryl pulled up with the license though it's wipes.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I went to driving school and then they were like, and I remember driving school. My instructor was like, okay, girl, you need to practice more. But my parents are very self involved, so they weren't letting me drive their cars. And they drive luxury cars too, so they're like, you're not practicing at our Mercedes. I once ran over a fence with it, so I understand, but.
Speaker 3: Gosh, talk about privilege. It's black privilege is crazy.
Speaker 2: It is crazy black privilege because I ran over my neighbor's fence because my mom asked me to pull the car in and I hit reverse and they paid for their own fence. They were like, it's fine, we were getting a new fence.
Speaker 3: Anyway, It's Tyler Perry's house. Who cares. He's rich? Right? Growing up, I.
Speaker 2: Freaking wish my neighbor was Tyler Perry. All my neighbors were white. Yes, I led to much harassment. I know. I'm sorry I called you a magic No.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you you might be the magicalist negro of them all.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be every day. But it will not involve me driving anyone to the airport. We can get into it what's hot and fraud. So this is where Lamar and I are going to talk about. What's popping in these streets is what scams are out there. We want to keep you safe from scams unless they're my scams, which you have willingly agreed to participate in. If you own an iPhone, especially because I know you didn't read that contract that you accepted. You don't know what it says.
Speaker 3: I have a clue. I have no idea what the show is about. I'm I mean for a journey. This is gonna be fun. I think.
Speaker 2: You know it's gonna be fun because I'm here. So, guys, obviously we've been amissed a pandemic and the scammers, just like Miss Roona, they don't sleep. Okay, they're out here just like the virus, and they're spreading and you need to be aware. Apparently coronavirus scams have cost Americans thirty nine million dollars so far. Wow, mind you we've been in the pandemic for like three months. That's like ten million a month, so Americans. Yeah, okay, thank you, thank you. I can do mad too, I said, oh you know what, you see, I am gonna call yougal negro.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Thank you for letting me go ahead on my podcast one morning. Thank you so much for telling me I can talk. Ookay, see the patriarchy that's why we don't be having men on this show.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm yes, get nice and strong nearly fifty thousand Americans have already filed complaints this year with the Federal Trade Commission over fraud related to COVID nineteen. So let's let's get into what these frauds are. So one of the big popular things that's going around is people sending text messages, which, guys, I've told you the government ain't gonna text you. You ain't gonna get a U up from Uncle Sam.
Speaker 3: Oh is it like one of those oh wait, people are getting scammed through like like click this link in the text type of deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, basically there's a robot robotech scam that sends out text that's from the Eternal Revenue Service purportedly, and they ask for confirmation information for a stimulus payment through a link. So if you click on it, the link takes you to a realistic IRS web page where you're prompted to provide your name, contact information, and social Security number. Once you've entered your personal information, you're then redirected to the real IRS website to make the scam look less suspicious.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I know, right, I know stimulus checks are going out. I know a lot of you guys are probably on unemployment or will continue to be on unemployment well throughout this period of time. So like, if you get a text message from the government, it's not real.
Speaker 3: What do they call it? One more time?
Speaker 2: The goverment?
Speaker 3: Okay, tell you something. If the government call you, yeah, it's a scam the gun.
Speaker 2: Do you remember at Nelly video with Kelly Rowland where she was texting in the Exhale Expressie, that's who's texting y'all. That's who's texting Y'all's Kelly Roland in the expels like it's excel spress.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Does not text you. They don't. They're not like, hey, did you pay your taxes? This uncle Sam, I'm gonna hit you up.
Speaker 3: This is your uncle Sam. This is your uncle. Pick up the phone. That's your uncle, right.
Speaker 2: You thought it was uncle Sam, but it was your uncle Sam. So guys, please, I'm begging you. If you get a text from the government, ignore it, report it, keep yourself saved. Another way that they're doing it is robocalls. Robo calls are a huge area for scammers right now. One of the most common ones that's popping up is for fake refunds related to coronavirus. The key to this scheme is that scammers never mentioned what the refund is exactly for. With many companies from car insurance providers to utilities offering refunds and discounts right now, it's easy for customers to assume something like that, which I'm getting a refund from All State every month. They're refunding half of my insurance. My premium is high because they know a bitch can't drive.
Speaker 3: Wow, so why wait, why are you getting refunds again?
Speaker 2: Because no one's really driving right now. So insurance companies, yeah, you know what, la more. That's just telling me that you've gotten too rich because now you don't even know how much you're paying in insurance this month?
Speaker 3: Do you why know how much? I'm well, I don't. I don't like go into my account with.
Speaker 2: Like do you know this much?
Speaker 3: And I'll go no, I don't like put pull the money out. I don't go to the bank every month ago I have to pay my insurance. Can you hand me just enough cash from set account so I can then walk to the insurance company and then stick it in the slot and then wait and see No fool is it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Automatic pay or stuff like. You know, I have a business.
Speaker 2: Manager saying, look, you don't have to be rich to be on direc deposit. I'm just saying a lot of us don't know. I didn't know. I went to the ATT store and got a new phone and they were like, oh, how's your service, like your you know service from my apartment like the cable and Wi Fi. And I was like, oh, I don't know. It seems pretty bad. And they were like, how much do you pay? And I was like, m oh, I'm a money right. That's the question. That's the real black people question right there. How much you paying? Because I should be paying.
Speaker 3: What you paying exactly exactly. Yeah, No, I definitely don't. I know. I know what my insurance is, I know what, I know how much, but I didn't because of I didn't know that we were getting uh we get discounts because you can't go nowhere, because what happens if you just decide I do need to go to the grocery store and bam, you hit somebody like that.
Speaker 2: Changed insurances crowdfund All insurances is GoFundMe for accidents and also just a scam for rich people. So all we do is pay to hope that we're not in an accident. So everybody's paying unless people are driving. So it makes sense. But of course, like I feel like if I asked one more and like who his insurance provider would be, he'd be like the black man from TV.
Speaker 3: The de Voice, real sexual, Like I think my mom.
Speaker 2: The president of twenty four.
Speaker 3: No, I know my insurance companies areful. I have a few.
Speaker 2: My insurance company the nigga in the red polo in the case Jake, I think his name is Drake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jake, light skin dude, real nice size.
Speaker 2: Oh so you've been seeing Jay. So to wrap this up, the robo call will call you and be like, we can't provide this service due to COVID nineteen. You've been charged three hundred and ninety nine dollars. This is what the FTC said, is like the common amount that they're saying, press one to claim a refund, and then when you press one to claim a refund, they'll ask you for your credit card information or banking information so that they can deposit said refund. I'm doing air quotations. They're stealing your money. So guys, if you get a phone call like ALSA gave me my money back and I was like, oh, it wasn't. They didn't call me and were like, hey, sis, we're trying to run you coins. They were like, we put some shit back, bitch. We don't want to talk about.
Speaker 3: It either way. Either. Phrasing sounds like a scam.
Speaker 2: It's church is a scam.
Speaker 3: Wait, so so you call.
Speaker 2: Them, Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 3: They should call you first. Well, I don't know who falls for this stuff.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, elderly people, people who are desperate. We talk about that on our show all the time, the despo meter. If you're really like you have to constantly evaluate how desperate you are for something before you do that thing, which works in many aspects of life. So like if you're about to go on a tender date or a bumble date and you know it's quarantine and it's been a minute since you got some maybe think about think about your desperation before you go on the date.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be out here, right.
Speaker 2: And that goes for financial stuff too. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is give it a quick google. That'll save you some time and some money. But you know, people not just calling you giving you money and the government is not gonna text you girl. Uh. This actually happened to me. I had a census survey, which was supposed to be the twenty twenty censues. This happened two weeks ago. This woman called me and just started asking me an onslot of questions, and I thought it was the real sensus because I was like, Oh, this is great, I don't have to go online. Maybe they just moved it, you know, because they come to your door. So I was like, maybe they're just calling niggas now. And then I talked to her and she was going through this laundry list of stuff. Do you have precondition like pre existing conditions? I was like, no, I don't. I was like, I'm healthy. The only thing I have is asthma. And they were like, okay, how about diabetes? And I was like, okay, now you're asking too many questions, Like I felt.
Speaker 3: Like she was in jail. What what do you What are you saying?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite number? And the first pet you ever had?
Speaker 3: Just the color greed? Is this the color greed? I don't know.
Speaker 2: You were definitely trying to ask me security questions. And then when I hung up because I was like, this ain't right. She started texting me talking about she was from the Sisters bureau. Then I said, no, you're not. Then she said, actually I'm not. I'm from another bureau. I was like, girl. She got me two more times before finally she gave up. I was like, I'm not going to give you my information.
Speaker 3: She told you to hang out. She's like, what you're doing.
Speaker 2: All in the house? Girl, what you're watching? What's on Netflix?
Speaker 3: You want to do? Is you want to do a zoom get together?
Speaker 2: I started doing a zoom get together with my scammer. Yeah, I just hang out with him.
Speaker 3: Have you had any actual scammers come on your show?
Speaker 2: Not yet, but I did. What's crazy? You asked that? I did just get an email from a scammer the week that I talked about called Chad Focus, Who's a rapper who stole one hundred and I think he's aid one point two million dollars from the job he was working at in credit card fraud so that he could buy billboards and fake streams for his rap album whoa Yeah. And then we played his raps and they were good.
Speaker 4: They were good raps, really.
Speaker 2: And guys, Chad Focus emailed me and was like, I love the show. Tell people to stream Chad focus good.
Speaker 3: Also drive down Melrose. I got a billboard yo, that is crazy. He so he scammed his and he talked Wait so he got caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got caught and he served a little jail time. But he emailed me and said he was free. He said he was free. Wait if I'm getting emails from jail, y'all, I'm waiting the podcast. I love emails from jail. Subject is someone's prison wife.
Speaker 3: There was a subject line a picture of his dick. That's in the subject line. I'm in jail. This isay right. So he says the harassment. I'm already in jail.
Speaker 2: Right, y'all. Can't lock me up again.
Speaker 4: Double Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: That's not how it works.
Speaker 3: That's not how I watched Jeopardy. That's how it works.
Speaker 2: The subject of Chad's email is very funny, smiley face, and he says, deba lacy salute to you and your brand. Love your last episode, lo o l very cute. You gotta promote my billboard charting hit Dance with Me and the Dance. He said, I need all the Dance with Me royalties. I can get ps. I'm just out home, chilling at my mansion. Would love to be a guest on your show one day. Keep grinding.
Speaker 3: He's chilling at.
Speaker 2: He's chilling at his mansion.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, why wait? So he kept that money? He said, I'll do the jail time and I ain't gonna tell you why I buried the money, right.
Speaker 2: Jess said, don't focus on that money.
Speaker 4: Don't focus on that god killing in his mansion.
Speaker 2: Oh God, bless him. All right, guys, on that note, we're gonna take a quick break for some non scam advertisements. Scarce God.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody go get that new Chad Focus Chat Focus.
Speaker 2: We're back. The last advertisement for Chad Focus came from Lamar and Morris.
Speaker 4: But we'll take it.
Speaker 2: We'll take it. We love Chad on the show.
Speaker 3: You want to picture money, It's okay.
Speaker 2: He's chilling in his mansion.
Speaker 3: Sitting outs left and right.
Speaker 2: World, what stop making fun of my boyfriend. I'm gonna be Chat Focused girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all engaged.
Speaker 2: That's what. I don't have to be a prison wife now because he free. So I got the time for my favorite segment of the podcast, his story.
Speaker 3: I have a question I apologize. So they have mob wives, they have basketball wives, housewives. Do they have prison wives?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think so, but they should. I think there's like a prison pinpal or love after lock up, Love after lock Up. That's where the prison Wives is at.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I want I need to see a show, a real show called prison wives. So I gotta go. I gotta start developing right now. I can't finish the podcast because this is my billion dollar.
Speaker 2: Opportunity, but it truly probably is. I want. I want to do that scripted show. It's gonna look. You only need like three locations.
Speaker 4: Prison, living room, low budget, you can produce it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm sorry to interrupt Negro.
Speaker 2: You ain't sorry. You're not sorry at all. Guys, We're back. Lamarn is just gonna take over my podcast. And no, he's not sorry, but I love it. I met Lemar. I've only met Lamaran one time in person. We did a show at UCB and that's when I met you.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you, by far are one of the funniest people I have ever met in my entire life. I know I know how hard I mean, I know how hard improv is. You know, obviously for you. It's it's really easy. And I came up doing an improv in Second City in Chicago, and I just like, I I how effortless you guys made it look and how and you're I mean, even when you're initiating, whether you're responding, whether you I was like, god, damn, she's good. So congress to man.
Speaker 2: I would love to let lamore and keep complimenting me because it's fine. But I know you guys came here for other reasons, so we'll get back to the show. But thank you. I didn't know you did Second City. You're super funny. I never knew you did Second City. That's freaking dope. Yeah, look at look at the morn being a little improv nerd Yes.
Speaker 3: A little dork me Sam Richardson.
Speaker 2: So it's time for my favorite segment of the podcast, Historic Hoodwinks. And this is where I'm going to regale Lamarne with a very famous caper and we're just gonna get his thoughts and opinions all throughout and maybe he'll ask questions and maybe I'll have answers or maybe I won't. Again, I'm not a journalist, thank you. This podcast is a scam of me not being a journalist. So today we're talking about Frank ab bug now Agail. Wow, you knew that, Rank Abnegailuh, he's a talented scam artist. Mm hmmm. Talented scam artist when he was sixteen. He post is an airline pilot to get free fights. Oh, because this is the plot of Catch Me if you can there. I swear to you guys, every episode of our show has either been a movie or is being made into a movie or a Netflix show. Like every episode the scammers are just I'm trying to I wanted to play Anna Deelvi from our first episode. She's the one who was the heiress scammer in New York City who had people donating to a fake club that she was building. Shonda Rimes bought the rights to that story. Really, she's my favorite person. She is a white woman, so technically I am not. However, white women have played not white women all throughout history. Can't I just right?
Speaker 3: But it's changing it up a little bit. Call it an artistic license.
Speaker 2: Right, I think it should be me?
Speaker 3: But I think so too.
Speaker 2: So Frank, how do you say his name?
Speaker 3: Abnegail?
Speaker 2: Abnegail? Thank you? Frank Abnegail? Was a talented scam artist in many different ways. He was when he was sixteen, he posted an airline pilot to get free flights and also pretended to be a doctor and a lawyer. He forged tacks to frauded banks, and a handful of other things before eventually pulling a one to eighty and becoming a snitch aka and FBI consultant. He was eventually hired by the FBI as a consultant and then started his own agency, educating corporations, financial institutions, and government organizations on how to detect and handle fraudulents. A portion of his life was subject to the film Catch Me if you Can, starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Like we just said, I love that he robbed people and then was like, hey, y'all hire me so that I don't rob you no more. The privilege, right, Why can't black people do this? Why can't the liquor stores that people run into be like, look, hire me and all yo, hannessy will be safe.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stop robbing you.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead, right, I mean, the mob did that. The mob used to be like, hey, oh, you don't want us to ruin your life? Hire US, so I wish, I wish more people could do it. So, Frank, Frank what I can't remember it? Abneguil, thank you, Frank. Abneguil Junior was born April twenty seventh and nineteen forty eight in Bronxville, New York. See you from the Bronx. There's this Bronxville. So that's not the Bronx, right, is the Bronx Bronxville.
Speaker 3: Unless unless it's Bronx for short. I had no wooh, that's a fun fact. If that's true. Wait up minute, Google opened up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna feel hella dumb. If Bronx is short for Bronxville.
Speaker 3: Yo. If it is, don't tell nobody you didn't know that.
Speaker 2: No, it's called the Bronx. No, it's called the Bronx. Okay, yeah, it's called the Bronx. Okay, we're fine. We're fine. I lived in New York for a few years before I left because I hated it.
Speaker 3: So me too.
Speaker 2: It's a good shout out to New Yorkers because y'all got grits. My guy, it's hard enough being a black every day. Then you gotta go outside a five fifty eleven people on the street and five fifty eleven people on the train, and you gotta go to work like that, You got work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every day is a headache. Every day is a headache. Everybody going somewhere.
Speaker 2: I became very agro when I lived in New York. I became super agro. I went back, kicked the guy down some subway stairs. I'm sorry, what a donkey kicked a man down some subway steps?
Speaker 3: What did he do to you.
Speaker 2: There? So there's a rule in New York where if this is an unspoken room, and now my New York acting gonna come out, there's an unspoken room. If there's a train on the platform, then you move because people gotta go. So if you're coming up the stairs and you already got off the train, there's training on the platform, you move. There's no train on the platform. I'm coming up the stairs off the train. This white man barrels into me. It's mad room, it's my room. He barrels into me and with chest the chest, and I look at him and I say really, and he says, yeah, really, And then when he stepped behind me, donkey kicked him down the steps and then I ran RRP.
Speaker 3: That guy what if he found out later that he died.
Speaker 2: He ain't die. How do you know he ain died? If he died, I was probably rested.
Speaker 3: What if you go to New York and you see like rip t shirts, like the airbrushed denim jackets with his face on it.
Speaker 2: He's like, don't put that thought in my head. Nobody's that white man.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to sleep with with that on your chest?
Speaker 2: Thank you so, Bronxville, New York. According to the memoir at Neguil, did I say it right?
Speaker 3: Just call him Jack?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what, I'm just gonna call him Frank. Frank stated that he had a stable childhood and was especially close to his father, who traveled off often and became deeply involved in Republican local politics. Right sis. Anyway, when his mother decided to leave Frank Senior due to her husband's absences, their family was turned upside down as his mother worked towards independence. Frank Junior decided to live with his father after the divorce and often tagged along on the business dealings. So I imagine, like Frank Junior is probably in some hotels and they're like, little Frankie, make us up some cocktails. You know how rich white people were doing in the fifties. They'd be like and put two olives in it for daddy and your auntie.
Speaker 3: If they come over here and give Auntie a kiss on the mouth. Open.
Speaker 2: Those times were crazy. I can't no, no, no, not you. I'm saying the times like.
Speaker 3: That was I was there.
Speaker 2: I don't think you more. You're not that.
Speaker 3: I'm very old. I'm very old.
Speaker 2: How old you are?
Speaker 3: No, you think you know, but you have no idea. You only know what you only know what I think you you only know what I want you to know. Oh okay, saving it for this podcast to reveal my true age.
Speaker 2: So, as a teenager, Frank got caught up in petty crimes, including shoplifting. He's sooned, retired of these practices and this to move on into more sophisticated forms of burglary. O king, you gotta work your way up. It was like shoplifting, elementary school, burglary.
Speaker 3: High pickpocketing, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So he Frank convinced a gas station attendance to give him a portion of his sale back in cash and allowed him to portion a pocket of the proceeds. Hmmm, so gas cards are a thing of the past. I don't know nothing about no gas card.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you.
Speaker 3: I'm very familiar. I still have some of them from the old days.
Speaker 2: I truly do not believe you. You don't even know who your insurance provider is.
Speaker 5: It's insurance insurance, dot com insurance, that website, that website, you know the guys.
Speaker 2: This is like a small scam, and I like this scam because I like that he was like, look, I'm gonna get a cut. You're gonna get a cut, like the gas station attenda they making bank.
Speaker 3: You're still just I'm just I'm just dying at the fact that you're like, I like this scam, man. This is saying a lot about who you are as a person.
Speaker 2: Listen, America is a scam, The economy is a scam. Capitalism is a scam, and certainly gas stations are one of the biggest scams, because let's talk about oil, big scam. So if you can get a couple of coins off the gas station, get it, you just you earned it. They robbed you, you robbed them back.
Speaker 3: Or you can just drive electric.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know these times they had a gas card. So I'm guessing they didn't have electric cars.
Speaker 3: We won't go there. Conspiracy theories, Mark scam Samson, Mark Samson, you'll find something. Look up, Mark Sampson. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: Guy. Suddenly the morning has foil on his head. I don't know. So this scam fell apart when his father got the credit card bill, which added up to thousands of dollars, which duh, just like he's gonna get a jail. So dismayed over his son's delinquency, Frank's mother sent him to a school for wayward boys. Don't send a scammer to a school for wayward boys. He can do nothing but learn how to get better there and fuck right. That's like when people try to send the children to conversion camps. Ain't everybody they're gonna be gay? Were gay? It's okay. I'm like, I wish, I wish somebody would send me to a diverge camp. I'll be like, all these girls fantastic, They're like what and they're all here for the same reason. I'm down, Like I'm into it, Like what.
Speaker 3: Well, can I go back to conversion camp again?
Speaker 2: I need to be conversion somewhere, but honest and all those camps are horrible, but they're fucking I just don't even understand why people would make camps like that, also camps for wayward boys. What are y'all doing? Is that military camp? The only thing I've ever heard from children was military school, which is also trash because we was trying to indoctrinate them to going into the army. Boo boo. A scam, so.
Speaker 3: A scam.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Caught between his parents' tensions, Frank reportedly left home at sixteen years old. So he just said, I'm out, you know what, I'll just be an adult, and at that time, you can be an adult. At sixteen, he had a little in his bank account, no education, and had altered his driver's license to make himself ten years older than he was and exaggerated his education, which is like, who's gonna check you?
Speaker 3: Boo.
Speaker 2: He got better paying jobs, he decided to quit working and wrote bad checks for himself to support it. So he was getting better paying jobs, but he was like, this is barely making the ends meet, So he decided to quit working and just start writing bad checks.
Speaker 3: Said okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 2: Before long, Frank had ridden hundreds of bad checks and overdrawn his account by thousands of dollars. Knowing that he would eventually be caught, he went into hiding. Frank realized that he could cash more bad checks if he dazzled bank tellers with new and more impressive personality. He decided pilots were highly respected professionals, so he schemed his way to getting a pilot's uniform. Frank called Pan American Airlines headquarters and told them that he had lost his uniform while traveling, and they told him where to pick up a new one, and he charged it to the company using a fake I d wow, this guy. Honestly, PANDAM is no more. But he was just like, hey, hey PanAm, Hey yeah, your boy lost his uniform. I realized when I'm flying around, I have to wear the uniform to fly. But somehow in transit I had.
Speaker 3: Lost because I remember I took it off midflight. Then when I got off, I couldn't find said uniform. Maybe if you guys want to go up there and check. Yeah, but I just really need to get a new one. I gotta. I got a route to Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, flights, routes, air planes, turbulence, turbulence, you know you know what I'm talking about, like and then immediately gets a new that's crazy. But back in that day, like they didn't check shit, like they had no wait, it was just all trust and most people didn't have the audacity to lie about random shit like needing a pilot's uniform. So it worked. His ruse earned him valuable information about how to impersonate a pilot, which he did allegedly, and like, so he would do this impersonation so he coud get free flights. He would just get on the flight. Like yeah, I'm just like you just going to the airport. You're just checking to see what time flights leave, and you just go to the airport.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the movie?
Speaker 2: Not in a long time?
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, what you're telling me is obviously a lot more information than the movie gives. But like it's it's it's crazy. It's crazy, this type of stuff that he got away with. Keep reading, I think you'll obviously you're he touches on some things. But I just as you're talking, I'm like imagining the film and I'm like, wait a minute, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right that these things happened. And now I wish I had seen the movie before I did this. I don't remember the movie, but I do remember seeing Leonardo DiCaprio in it, Tiler. I think I was pretty young when it came out, and you with your undersclosed age. I'll never sev so expenses such as food or lodging he would build to the airline company. However, he didn't fly on PanAm planes out of fear that he could potentially be identified by real PanAm employees or like pilots. So he he's so smart. He was like, I'm gonna get a PanAm uniform, but I'm not gonna go on PanAm because them nigga's gonna be like, oh yeah, we see with the last cookout. Yeah we have seen you on no videos, we.
Speaker 3: No functions, no sexual harassment functions.
Speaker 2: We just saw the video. Like PanAm shoots a video like Virgin Airlines. You know they have that, like everybody from Virgin is in that video, including so many actors.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. And you know what, whenever I get on those flights and I see uh like these if you get on British airways, they have like all these like dope British actors doing this bit. Like everybody if you name it. They're all in this video in Virgin they have all these fun like actors dancing around and performers, and I always get on these flights and I go, ain't nobody called me to do this ship?
Speaker 2: I won't lie. I saw the little boy from Blackish in and I was like, wait a minute, you're ready. We gonna get it all up in the sky, Virgin the nose.
Speaker 3: By the time you leave this airline, you won't be a Virgin no mobile, right.
Speaker 2: We would have been great Virgin. We would have been great. I know y'all got bought by Alaska Airlines and that's about to be poop, but you know you missed out. We would have been dancing in your videos. So once PanAm police began catching on to Frank's lies, he decided to change his identity again and become an out of town doctor in Georgia. Well was an out of town doctor, that's right. So for eleven months, Frank impersonated a chief resident pediatrician at a Georgia hospital under the alias Frank Williams. I like that alias because it's like, you don't want to give yourself a fake first name, because then when people call you by your name, like.
Speaker 4: Who, who's Brooks?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I'm Brooks.
Speaker 2: Yea yea yeah, never mind, I'm Brooks. What was I saying?
Speaker 3: Me Brooks?
Speaker 2: That's why I am right today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 2: To keep the first name the same and the last name switch it up so when filing out. When filling out a rental application, he impulsively listed his occupation as doctor. After befriending a real doctor who lived in the same apartment complex, he agreed to act as a supervisor resident of interns as a favor until the local hospital could find someone else to take the job. So he've met somebody who was a doctor. He was like, can I borrow a cup of sugar? Oh? Hey, you got on a white coat? Are you a doctor? Because I have as well. In addition to you, also a doctor went to doctor school for doctor ing.
Speaker 3: So here's what happened. I lost my coat on a flight. Uh do you have an extra doctor's coat? Light around?
Speaker 2: That's how he got his doctors.
Speaker 3: I lost my coat in a surgery. It might still be inside the patient I need.
Speaker 2: Sadly, they do be leaving stuff in people rags and ship so I know not unlikely. But also this is just such a brilliant white life that I wish that I could be a part of, to like be white and talk to your next door neighbor and get you a doctor job with you're white, you're characteratic.
Speaker 3: It could be fun. So yeah, so stuff up, add some til and all your fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's it's honestly, it's autopilot. You go in.
Speaker 3: Speaking of here.
Speaker 2: Right, So the position was not demanding for Frank, as seven interns were eager to experience get experienced under his position. Imagine that you're the I want to know who these interns are, because I don't want a doctor who studied under Frank. He didn't teach them ship.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, a lot of I wonder how many people he was because of this, his tenure, this however short lived stint, this was. I wonder how many people died in a direct result of him being in that hospital.
Speaker 2: Right, we've got a guy with a swollen abdomen. What should we do, Frank? It's like Tyler, Now, yeahs are swollen.
Speaker 3: Cut off his toe.
Speaker 2: The blood draining will drain the ab trust me, No, I hate to know what. I hate to know what they learned he was able to fake his way through most of his duties by letting his intern show off. They're handling of the cases coming in during his late night shift. So basically people would come in and he'd be like, what do you think we should do and act like he was house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amp and a cane.
Speaker 2: Well, you're not supposed to let them practice all. People's supposed to help them. That's what interning's for, so they see you do it. He was like, what do you want to school? Do that? I think that's more responsible than what we said he was doing.
Speaker 3: He's like, listen, I'm not going to be there for you. Hold in your hand, so you make the call.
Speaker 2: Yo. I feel like he said those exact words. Honestly, you just inspired me. I feel like I could do surgery now.
Speaker 3: See now you're gonna listen. You are a true crook, like a true movie villain. You are.
Speaker 2: I'm like, suitre, yeah, I like.
Speaker 3: I feel like when you leave your apartment there's a getaway car outside, like it's a regular car, but you speed off as if you just got away with something.
Speaker 2: This is just the way I do drive like I'm playing the scene of a crime.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite, like halle Berry or Brandy. Oh no.
Speaker 2: My favorite trump about halle Berry is that she's always losing her kids in movies, like we got a movie about a missing kid call Hallie losing. Yeah, look, she's lost of kids.
Speaker 3: Losing guys. No, you take it back, man.
Speaker 2: Genre like you getting type cast for losing kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh. So she had that nine one one movie, yeah, losing Isaiah, she had Monster's Ball.
Speaker 2: And I'm currently writing Where My Baby Go for her, so hoping that she likes it, Where my Baby Go with. Sorry, halle Berry, it's gonna be ah.
Speaker 3: Halle Berry boking would buy.
Speaker 2: It's like not even her real life. It's just her acting character that has niched her like this truly. So he left the hospital after he realized that he could put lives at risk by his inability to respond to life and death situations, and this was a catalyst. Like the catalyst for him leaving the hospital was because he was nearly exposed when an infant became critically unwell from oxygen deprivation, and he initially didn't understand the meaning or gravity of the situation, and when the nurse informed him of a blue baby. He's like blue baby. He was like, oh, okay, we got white ones, brown ones, yellow ones, blue.
Speaker 4: Face baby.
Speaker 2: Bus now baby, and they're like, no, the baby's dying. But I love that. He was like, no, what never mind.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm get up out of here, y'all. That's my time, y'all. I'm Frank Williams. That's gon Time'll been good.
Speaker 2: It's been the hospital has been great. In turns, y'all been great.
Speaker 3: Shout out to blue face Baby.
Speaker 2: No. So he left after that, he said, okay, too much, we're leaving. So over the next two years he bounced around from job to job. Eventually, Frank's passed caught up with him when he settled down in mont Pierre, France, which is crazy because that's France, Like, isn't that where like Roman Plants? He went thought criminals went to friends and they were Gucci. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he had decided to live a straight life for a while after having reputably cash two point five million dollars in bad checks over the years. When a former girlfriend recognized his face on a wanted poster, she turned him into authorities.
Speaker 3: Oh, just like an ex girl.
Speaker 2: See what happens when you right, if you just respect business.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, why would she do that to him?
Speaker 2: She did the right thing. You got to respect women. I'm sure he was shady to her. He's like charismatic, you know, he a ho. And anytime I hear charismatic, I hear like Philanderer.
Speaker 3: No, I'm charismatic sometimes.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, Well, to be fair is when I'm about to cheat. But you know, to be ver it.
Speaker 2: Is when I am about to cheat.
Speaker 3: But but they don't know that. Judge me.
Speaker 2: So yes, like I think that he probably did this one dirty. He probably took some money out her purse.
Speaker 3: Her purse, No, he was, he was class here that No, he was he.
Speaker 2: No, Frank feels like the kind of guy where you wake up from y'all's wild night, you gotta check your wallet.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you're right, he'll he'll take twenty dollars. He will go get lunch. You'll come back forget the change. Lunch only cost two dollars because he scammed them out the lunch and kept them hover.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, Like that's the kind of day I we're dealing with. So hey, you got to treat women right. So Unfortunately, his girlfriend recognized him and she snitched. I'm not mad, So this is how he got caught. He served time in France, wow in harsh confines of per began, where he became seriously ill. Sweden and the United States also pulled up to get him for his crimes, during which his father.
Speaker 3: Hanks, was the lead detective.
Speaker 2: That's right, so Frank was eventually granted parole after several years from Petersburg, Virginia prison. He eventually found lecturing as a work and white So basically he found lecturing work as white collar crime specialist. So he's like, you know what, I'm gonna just make my business my business. And he's like, I'm gonna teach you guys how to be a doctor. Know what a blue baby is? Rob a gas station first, but you try to rob women? You date better than that?
Speaker 3: Girlfriends and wives. Oh, you're gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Next course, how to shake down your spouse. Slide one, have a spout. Everyone's done that to.
Speaker 3: Shake her ass down? Step three success, success.
Speaker 2: All right, everyone, and we're clapping and we're clapping him. The government told Frank that he had to educate them about his methods in order to prevent other people from defrauding authorities. Frank work with the FBI for more than thirty years as one of the world's most foremost experts in document fraud, check swindling, forgery, and embezzlement. He started his own company, Abigail, Abnegail and Associates, which is which educates others on how to avoid becoming being fraud victims. And he has a podcast okay for ranking shout out to the pod universe. The podcast is called The Perfect Scam y'all and look, don't if y'all go listen to it. Y'all still got to listen to me. Don't go over there and don't come back, okay, because.
Speaker 3: You've got to be a guest on his show. I need to get on the on your show.
Speaker 2: Gosh, we gotta tag Frank. Guys if you're out there, I know you're out there. Frank abneguil and get me on The Perfect Scamp. I love him or get.
Speaker 3: Him on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I just got.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, you want me to give you some.
Speaker 2: Time, I made it a little time. My windows also open and my acs off because we're recording from home, so I might also be there. Sure, I am very excited. Frank, you're also a perfect scammer because you worked with the FBI for thirty years educating them about fraud. How much you know? Did it take thirty years to tell him? Because I feel like you was probably spoon feeding the FBI information. You had to have been. He was like, I'm not gonna spoil all the tea up front. He was like, you can get SIPs. And this lipped in over thirty years because he could.
Speaker 3: Have gave him that all. He could have gave him the whole rundown in a day and then before you know it, he asked back in jail, I don't need you no more. He was like, right, intriguing, this is only a mind. This is only a type of crime that a mind like mine could figure out over the next I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, thirty years. He's a genius. So he also forged a Harvard University law transcript and passed the Louisiana Bar exam and got a job at Louisiana as a Louisiana State attorney. Here's my thing. He passed the bar. So yeah, I mean he passed the bar.
Speaker 3: And didn't he didn't he uh, he had AIoT pilot's license, so he knew how to actually fly a plane.
Speaker 2: That's joke, because if something had happened on the plane and they were like the pilots, they're incapacitated, can anybody fly the plane?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: At least he was in a fake uniform with real skills. Right, this man's a genius.
Speaker 3: Right? Wait, so he so he actually flew the planes, right, He didn't just hang out on the planes.
Speaker 2: No, he hung out on the planes. He did not fly the planes.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord, I thought he.
Speaker 2: You know how pilots have to travel to get to their next like, right, so they'll just hop on a plane and you know, be sitting on the plane with the rest of us schmucks. So that's what he did. So wow. He told a flight attendent that he had briefly dated that he was also a Harvard law school student, and she introduced him to a lawyer friend. After making a fake transfer from Harvard, he prepared himself for the compulsory exam. So he failed twice, but then the third time he passed.
Speaker 3: Wow, memorize the questions and then.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right, he scammed the test. He was like, oh, now I know what these questions are, and now I know the answers. Wow. So obviously, to wrap this up, Steven Spielberg made a film about this called Catch Me If You Can. If you guys want to watch it for more details. You know Leonardo wait christophin Walking. Christopher Walking got an Oscar nod for the role that he played in it. Not Leonardo, where You're going this time?
Speaker 3: That's not my Christopher Walking impression, but that's what he did.
Speaker 2: Such a good Christopher Walking.
Speaker 3: I'm one of the greatest Christopher Walking impersonal. I do it on Hollywood Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Next to Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Hey, Spidey, where are you going?
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Frank say his last name, because I can't please.
Speaker 3: Jackson.
Speaker 2: That's probably one of his last names. Ab noguil, Frank, abneguil, shout out to a king. You know you came, you saw you ropped, and I stand all right, guys, will be back after one tiny break of non scam advertisements.
Speaker 1: Rab.
Speaker 2: Run all right, guys, we're back, and it's time for the saddest portion of the show, which is where I have to let Lamourn go. It's time for scammer of the week. We just honor one honorary charlatan who's worthy of our praise. You are an honorary charlatan, you are worthy of But this week it's actually a woman Lamarne I know you liked.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course the country we're in.
Speaker 2: So and she is a queen. Her name is Brittany Bridges, which like the alliteration the flavor of her name BB so bb and BB is accused of doing fake dentistry. And this really struck a chord in my heart because I've been seeing posts on Facebook, and which I only keep Facebook to keep up with my problematic eyes high school friends and relatives. I don't actually use Facebook, but I kept on Facebook that were like, I do braces. That's what I do. Braces so urgent, and I've always been confused, like, what what do you mean you do braces, because that's are you an orthodonist? I don't think you could just do braids.
Speaker 3: You can do hair exactly. I do braces. No, you don't.
Speaker 2: We should not be getting bracest at a residential home. We should not. You can't do in your living room.
Speaker 3: So I do braces.
Speaker 2: Brittany's been a before, but to date, there are no current charges filed against her about these ladies complaints. Dentists at Children's Hospital Uptown and Louisiana State University Dental School are concerned with patients heading to their clinics. They said they've noticed an uptick and patients coming in who sought care from non licensed providers, it said. They said, once you start moving teeth, it gets to the point where you could cause long term disfigurement, and they're worried about public safety. So this is a woman that basically they're like, we put a red flag out on her, but she's a queen who's not been caught. She's not going to jail. There's no current charges. They said. Unfortunately, the state Board can't do anything about this because she doesn't have a license. So we are a regulatory agency that can sanction dentists or hygienis, but when it's an unlicensed person performing dentistry, we have no jurisdiction. All we can do is turn it over to law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Wow wait wait, wait where is she now?
Speaker 2: She's still on Instagram. She has an Instagram account called Bossy.
Speaker 3: Smiles Bossy Smiles, and.
Speaker 2: They advertise braces, maintenance, veneers and other type of dental work.
Speaker 3: Yo, certified dental assistant and teeth whitening technician. Giving you a smile to match your attitude.
Speaker 2: You know the I g girls Instagram teeth she's probably like. And also we have a special going on this month. And if you want to get ass shots with y'all dental.
Speaker 3: And I can make your teeth removable too, in case you need to. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Where did you get your eyebrows lazered? Oh?
Speaker 5: Girl?
Speaker 2: I went to bossy smile. They my brows and my teeth in two hours flat. Girl.
Speaker 3: I think she do massage too. I'm gonna be looking at this no all, I see his ass cheeks and smiles. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I need you not to do a profession. You can't do massage? Yo?
Speaker 3: Where is food? Shirt at? Like money?
Speaker 2: In here?
Speaker 3: With no shirt on?
Speaker 2: Bro? See, I told you they got specials they running? This is crazy? Why don't got a shirt on? Is he get his teeth done? I'm confused?
Speaker 3: He getting his teeth white and with a happy ended? Where is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god? People, Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Listen, But the cops haven't got to them, yet I don't want them to. I don't want you to go get y'all. If anybody's doing don't get your braces done. That's not what's supposed to happen. Go to an orthodontist if you can't afford that. There's so many affordable ways to do it. In visaligne like or you know they're selling in this alone on Instagram now, like, guys, we're just good. I'm an.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, all right, So I'm hoping. I'm hoping she got her life together. And you know what if what if the page was Bossy smiles with a Z, I would ship myself.
Speaker 2: Bossy smiles, Buffy smiles tiny. So, guys, I love you. I want you to scam, but please please don't start doing braces or anything that you're not qualified to do. We're all qualified to scam. I do hard to heart. Yeah, I don't go to dialysis no more because I do kidneys. So you just come I'm doing I get your kidneysdeed. No, no, but it's always guys. If you want to reach us, scam gottes Pot at gmail dot com. Snitch on your friends and family. Just make sure the scam is retired because we don't want to fuck up your bag. If you want to find me d i v A l A c I d v A Lacy on all platforms and if you want lamour and where do you want to be found and what do you want people to find? That's what we asked.
Speaker 3: Find me on Instagram at lomore in l A m O r n E. The Morning After Pill is out right now, Desperados coming soon, Woke coming soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's coming soon, all right, Congregation, stay scaram Godess