Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, Then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. For tickets called eight five, nine, two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com Comedy Off.
Speaker 2: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Safe Summer Driving Tour. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome in Kentucky Sports Radio Live and Nicholasville at John Clay Auto Motive. Today, Ryan Levin, Drew Franklin, Shannon the Dude. As always our sports is spec me for a responsor by the T. J. Smith Office called DJ What you do, Shannon? It will make them pay, well after we make them pay. We got our a vision glass tex machine which I have in my pocket. Look at that I brought you. It's the number. What's the number?
Speaker 2: Darts five oh two, five o.
Speaker 4: Two seven, thirty five, thirty six eighty.
Speaker 3: I got it. That's it and Clark Puppy Shop phone numbers eighty five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Look, we got a lot going on right here at John Clay Automotive, brand new location, chan and brand new building.
Speaker 2: What's going on here today? Well, if you mentioned KSR, you get an oil change. You know, our boy Matt has it all right back there, Liam, everything good, Okay, hold the button, as I was saying, And our boy Matt hasn't changed his oil in probably at least a year, nineteen eighties. It would be a good time for him to come by because if you mentioned KSR, you can get a conventional oil change for forty nine ninety nine or sixty four ninety nine for a synthetic oil change through the end of July.
Speaker 4: Now this, I was on my way over here and realize I need an oil change. Maybe doing a commercial. I'll just pull the get it, take.
Speaker 2: Me pulled up to the bay. They'll take care of you.
Speaker 3: Now, this is not the legendary Lexingdon hair leader sports writer John Clay. Correct, this is enough different, John Clay.
Speaker 4: We met this John Clay. He's excited about his grand opening here, and we're excited to be here. But it's not the one that wrote for The Harold Leader for many years.
Speaker 3: So they've got a brand new building that we're in. It's a customer waiting area, super nice area. Here next door, they've got another building brand new with twenty bays for your automotive needs. And the Chamber of Commerce is gonna be out here at noon to a little ribbon cutting. So this is literally the first day this place is open.
Speaker 2: This is like the place to be. You got guys from the TBT, a lot familiar here today. You're bringing in Pikoro later on, right, So is he still gonna be on the show? I looked at the list of guests that we had on this show, and I don't think we've ever had more guests than we're gonna have today on the show.
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to reward everybody that came out today. Look, we got a who's who of KSR list. Marsh is here after talking trash at the game the other night.
Speaker 4: Nobody talks more trash than Marcia at Memorial Coliseum. On Wines, she.
Speaker 2: Said that somebody said to her sit down, Grandma. I can't believe. I can't believe they said that.
Speaker 3: Bring that on. Speaking of Jeff Picicoro, he's only he'll be out here for the second hour. He just sent me a text apparently a little bit of breaking news coming out of a Mark Pope news commerce that just happened this point, So leam, we have break. Not the greatest news, but apparently Mark Pope said that Cam Williams has had surgery on his foot, but with his expect to be back and ready by the time the start of the season. So you know, we've seen him walk around that boot all summer, that's true, rolling around on the little what do you call it, scooter? So you have it now getting out of the way. So we's raining a healthy by the time the season starts, right.
Speaker 4: Hopefully, Pope said, he hopes.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: He said he got to ninety percent, then had a setback and needed another surgery. So uh, back to waiting game on Cam Williams. And then Pope even said they're interested in adding another player if they're able. They're looking for reclass international whoever. With the rules now they can look about anywhere. But he said they're still interested in someone else, which is a little concerning. It is what is it week five, week six of the summer.
Speaker 2: He was dealing with that injury a little bit last year as well, Right, Is that the same injury that Cam had?
Speaker 3: It's got to be is that a separate injury. He missed so much time last year with the foot injury.
Speaker 2: So I mean, wouldn't you rather him go ahead and get the surgery be ready to go by the season versus just letting it go and then having that linger throughout the season Because we know the first two seasons have just been riddled with injuries. The last thing we need and Mark Folbe's third year is more injuries.
Speaker 3: But does it concern you that this it's been this long and this foot is still not healed up, and.
Speaker 4: Especially guy they're counting on to make such a big jump from last year. I mean, if you're not able to practice the whole year and you're just ready once the season's rolling, it's gonna be hard for him to take that next step. You know, he has a lot of potential, and if he can heal quickly, I think he'll be fine. But you're kind of up against the clock now. If he just had more surgery in the middle of the summer, so.
Speaker 3: You don't think he'd have two slinging guns out there with Mom Silovic and Cam Williams. You take him out of the equation. Does that bother you? As far as what pos trying to do offensively this year?
Speaker 4: Right now, they're having a hard time even practicing because Big Frank still doesn't practice.
Speaker 3: Pap off Frank missed a little bit.
Speaker 4: There's been guys in and out, so they're had just five.
Speaker 2: If Willie can recover in two days from his injury, I'm not worried about Cam at all. I mean, come on, so will he pop back?
Speaker 4: These guys could come back.
Speaker 2: There's no rules.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna tell you Willie colly Stein here and Andrew Harrison. We're gonna talk to them today as TBT. Of course, get ready to play their game on Sunday. We now know the opponent. It is Beheim's Army Sunday at two o'clock at Historic Memorial Costs Um. But we have to start the show with the TBT again. Gave us another great moment. If you saw the picture Drew and Mario posed with Vince Merrill, L's down that prompted that prompted a great debate on social media yesterday that we have to start with it. And this is from a guy named Justin so Forro, who is Justin so Foro.
Speaker 4: Your guess is as good as mine.
Speaker 2: Don't give them too much credit. We're gonna make them famous right now. What are you doing? Well?
Speaker 3: This is what he said. When Louisville hires guys like Kenny Payne and Vince Morrow, who have regularly been antagonists, then come here and immediately flounder in their roles recruiting and coaching, and continue smooching up to the lowest common denominator KSR goons. At some point you've to question their attention intentions, Drew, ks R goons. Just because you got a photo with Vince Merrill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd do it again. You know the meme of the girl smiling with the fire behind her, that's that's me after TBT. Maybe the joker walking away in dark Knight as the building's blowing up. I hit Vince with the l's down. I'd do it again, send it to his face. And they have had an absolute meltdown.
Speaker 3: They have four hours.
Speaker 4: Since I don't listen to their radio shows. But we have some people on the chassboard who listened and said we were a big part of their content yesterday. They're just the most sensitive bunch and it just makes me want to do it even more. I mean, I like to get in there and stir the pot a little bit. And I completely have ignored their reactions, don't care about it, but we have definitely got them rattled over. Remember they acted like when they won Game two, they acted like they won the national Championship. Suddenly they don't care.
Speaker 2: About TVT standing up on the table after one win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a sensitive bunch, but you know, losers lose, and that's what happened.
Speaker 3: So that prompted also a tweet from what the U of L Sheriff Mark blanken Chip or the sheriff. The sheriff gets back into blanken Baker. I'm sorry blanken Baker, He says, we lost that game. When Vince Merrill walked into Historic Memorial Coliseum wearing blue, we're not all aligned?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Even?
Speaker 2: I thought it was kind of a shade Vin Vince.
Speaker 4: It was like a turquoise. It was like a turquoise color, maybe a teal, And then with the lighting in there and memorial. It kind of came off as blue. I love that they're freaking out over it. But into Vince's defense, this was more of a I would call it a spring till, maybe a turkey. Okay, it's not even a true green.
Speaker 3: So Vince had to finally respond. He said, all this crap about me loving Kentucky is crazy. I went to support the Ville. I'm very thankful and blessed to be working for Jeff Brohm in the Great U of l. All this other crap is straight bs. I look forward to seeing the cardination in Nashville November six. So Vince has happened to defend himself with his own fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel No, I don't feel bad. I was gona say. I feel bad for Vince for helping create this controversy. Even told me not to do the L's down in the photo, but of course I'm gonna do it. Our wrists were broken that way that night. But yeah, he's having an answer for it.
Speaker 2: Some people, Yeah, some people seem to think just because these guys go to the rival, like we're supposed to hate them personally, Like you know, we're gonna we're gonna have sports hate for Vince. It doesn't mean I hate him personally. I still like Vince as a person. I think he's a great guy. But we're gonna give him crap when he comes on the radio.
Speaker 3: Absolutely he coaches at Louisville. For crying out loud, we are going to give him crap. You're gonna give him ls down. You see him, get the photo. But Drew, you're a ks R goons causing problems over here.
Speaker 4: They can talk about me all they want. I don't have a single thought about them. If they didn't exist, my life would not change. But uh, when I saw Vince walk in after tip off, I told Mario, I said, first time out, I'm walking straight across this court and talking to Vince and we were cordially asked about baby dad life. We were fine. He said, louis is gonna win by fifty. A little bit of trash talk, yeah, but it's all fun. But they're just so sensitive over there.
Speaker 3: Well, it gets people's emotions high. We're just talking about Marsha but trying to cause a fight out there. Memorial calls him Andrew Harrison talking more trash. I've ever seen him talk in his life. Love during the game. I love him on Sunday, so.
Speaker 4: Back and forth on both sides. Ye, passion in the TPT, which is what you want to see.
Speaker 2: See right, Like, if you left today and went to Loboll Sports Radio, we'd give you a lot of crap and I would expect it. We still love you as a person. That's the way I see this whole thing with Vince.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know correct, we like Vince as a person, but we're gonna beat your brains in every time.
Speaker 6: We see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what until you see the ratings book. We're gonna beat in the ratiings.
Speaker 4: Were petty as Louisville Radio, we would be making fun of Tres for getting on the table on Monday night. I mean, but we would never do that. We would never make fun of a guy who acted like he won the National Championship by winning one single TBT game and then going home two days later.
Speaker 2: But Drew, You're right.
Speaker 3: Their fan base their heads are exploding right now because of that picture you took with them. They can't fathom that Vince Merril would wear a some blue shirt into that game the other night.
Speaker 4: It's amazing what he a simple hand gesture does through that fan base. But it's been that way a long time. Remember Saderfield back in the day going crazy because the football team did it. It upsets them so much and if they realized what was going on, they'd stop complaining. But it just makes us do it more so we can stir the pot and get them all rattled.
Speaker 3: We have a great crowd here at John Clay Automotive. Come out and see us. We're on Nicholas phil Road. We caught Nicholshil Road, but here in Lincoln where they call it Lexington Road. It's a brand new facility. Got a ribbon cutting coming up here a little bit. We've got caramel nutbars we're gonna share with Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to try those. Now, let me ask you, did you actually make these yourself? Because you said before, even though this was in a Rick Patino's cookbook, that you had never actually even tried to make these on your own. You said, your your your ex wife, ex wife's mom, X wife's mom. Okay, X wives bo made these before. Now you're telling me that these nutbars you made them yourself, no help at all.
Speaker 3: Yoga girl made ninety nine percent.
Speaker 2: Of okay, so you didn't make them gun. So now this is on yoga girl. You putting on yoga girl people.
Speaker 3: I had to unwrap the little caramels out of the bag, so melt the caramels. That's pretty much all idea.
Speaker 2: These aren't even Ry Limit's nutbars. These are yoga girls.
Speaker 3: But it's my recipe, Shannon, who came up with it, my ex wife's mother.
Speaker 2: It's your ex wife's mother recipe. It's not it's not your recipe.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna share some caramel nutbars. We're gonna talk to Andrew Harrison. We come back. Willie colly Stein's here as well. Jeff Pacarl join us. Had eleven and come on out and see us. John Clay Automotive, Nicholas phil Road got a great crowd. Thanks for coming out. We right back. This is Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome back Kentucky Sports Radio Live at John Play Automotive on Nicholas Phil Road. Kind of their grand opening today, Shannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a nice facility. When I came in, they were laying down the straw over the grass. That's how new it is. They're just just taking the you know, the locks off the doors and opening it up for the first time.
Speaker 3: Today. So tires all change brakes, transmission, suspension, they can do it all. Engine repair, John Clayuto Motive out here, Nicholas Field Roads will come check them out. Grand opening today. How about a big welcome for Andrew Harrison who's joining us on KSR. Andrew kind of talked about it. You brought a new level of energy in this game against Louisville. I've seen you talk more trash in these three games, and I've seen you talk when you were two years at Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean just being able to be in that robbery and stuff, and you know, it's not a real game, so I can kind of say whatever you want to say, has some stuff to get off my chest. You know.
Speaker 4: Is that just being a general competitor or is it the other team adding to that fire, or is it just just being the competitor in you.
Speaker 6: It's the competitor, honestly. Man. If it's a game, I'm trying to win, I'll do anything. So it's just fun being in that environment, playing against those guys and beating those guys as always.
Speaker 2: So speaking of trash talking, I kind of felt like your brother's trash talking you a little bit on Twitter. Did you see that he retweeted this tweet that said Andrew Harrison will become the first and only Harrison brother to have a loss against Louisville following this gime. Why would he do that to you? Is that kind of a relationship that you have with your brother?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You guys just kind of always digging at each other.
Speaker 6: Not really, I didn't know that he did that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I show you. I can't believe he did that to you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna talk to him about that. But no, I mean well, I mean we'll give him a you know, yeah, lose a battle the Wooden War, no worries. You won the serious so you're still undefeated always of course.
Speaker 3: Now this is your third year playing on tvt third year yep, And I heard you mentioned you had a great SoundBite. You're talking about how you kind of helped change maybe your legacy coming back and playing on this TBT team compared about where you were playing in the UK or two years at UK, Like you got the reignite with the fan base and reconnect with the fan base and kind of enjoy that part of being a Kentucky Wildcat and maybe you didn't get to enjoy when you were here a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean in terms of like legacy and stuff. I mean, I don't think it's anything that you can go back in time and change. It's nothing like when you're an actual player here. And I mean we accomplished a lot when we were here, me and Willie. So I don't really worry about that part. I know the fans are great, and I know that if you you know, you put it on the court, we're not We don't play at University of get Zuch you no more. So if you put it on the court, they're gonna support you. So I don't really worry about that. To come here, I come here to have fun and be able to play in Leston and playing in front of the fans. So I don't really worry about that part.
Speaker 4: Though I noticed Wednesday night in the in the big game late you were you were sideline, maybe hobbled a little bit all that diving on the floor and playing hard. Are you Are you in good shape for Sunday.
Speaker 6: I'm in good shape for Sunday. I'll be a fine Like I said, man, that's it's so enjoyable being able to play here and being able to play with like Willie and other guys from here that I went to school with, and just being able to battle and not have to worry about all the politics and stuff that goes along with basketball. Just being able to play. So it's so enjoyable and I'm gonna try to come back into the wheels fall off here. So I enjoyed so much.
Speaker 2: So I'm curious about practice. Talking about practice, how much practice did you guys actually get before the first games? Do you guys have a couple of weeks or what are we talking about here?
Speaker 6: With the full team, we didn't have any practices.
Speaker 2: That's amazing though. Let me think about that. You go out there to go practice.
Speaker 6: We've goaly had like six six to seven guys for about five days and that's pretty much it. But the guys that we have are so great guys that didn't go here, Darryl, James, Sean, everybody is. So they're they're a great, great guy So it's easy to implement them into the the BBN kind of what we do in the in the system and how we operate.
Speaker 2: So gotta get chemistry together quick, no time to no time to mess around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So now you play Sunday at two o'clock against Beaheim's army. Do we know anything about them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we know. We know something about him. We've been we were scalting and watching them yesterday. I'm sure Hood gonna come up with a good game plan. We're just gonna practice for the next two days and try to get ready for him, give him everything we got.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Hood and there're being new guys, but you played with William, played with John Hood. What's John Hood like now as your coach? Compared to win he was, like I said, probably a senior. I think your freshman year as a teammate with.
Speaker 6: You, Hoodie. I mean, he's great man. He's he has the demeanor of a coach, you know. So he knows the game really well. He can kind of be kind of a I'm not sure if I can say, you know, kind of a buttthole sometimes said. But he knows the game so well, he loves the game so well. He knows the culture here, he knows what it takes to win, he knows what it takes to be a good player, and he puts the work in for us to be able to be prepared for the next game. So you can't ask for much more. We appreciate Hoodie for the stuff that he does.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 3: You guys got the scrimmage against the current team. Can he get a little scouting report or anything about the current team?
Speaker 6: Oh man, that was like a week ago, feeling like I did so much. I mean, what I do know they have great length. They can really shoot the ball. So it's so early in the season, I can't really you know, see everything that they have. Like you said, cams hurt, big fella, big Frank, one of the biggest dudes I've ever seen. Oh my goodness. But I mean, they really can shoot the ball really well. They have some toughness. But it's early, so we don't really know. But for July or July fifteenth or whenever we we scrimmage, they look pretty pretty good. So I'm excited what they do, and I'm sure Coach Pope won't have them ready.
Speaker 4: When you scrimmage in that building, answer those guys, does it kind of bring back some memories looking around, see the old locker room and the whole place you were in every day for two years.
Speaker 6: Walking around the building brings back memories. So just walking in there, it just gives you so much nostalgia and being able to be back and give back to the players, and they ask you questions and things like that. You know, it was a little different when we've been here, but it's the same. It's bbing at the end of the day, so you know they're going to ask you questions. It's high expectations and I mean, just trying to let the guys know what's gonna happen in the upcoming season.
Speaker 3: I really love how Coach Pope is kind of trying to intertwine his team with you guys, kind of well, you know, learn the history of the game and talk to these guys who have been here before, and you can have your scrimmages. They show up and watch you guys play the other night. I mean, that's gona make you guys feel pretty good. You could be connected with the current guys.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah. The support that they give us is can't even put words until it's like, we're so appreciative for Coach Pope to be able to let us come back and share the space with the guys, just be able to be able to watch and be able to see how they operate, how Coach Pope operates it. It's it's so enjoyable. Like I said, man, I just I love coming back here now and I'm gonna keep doing until I can.
Speaker 2: Outside of TVT are you still playing in other leagues? I mean, obviously you're still in game shape that or what are you doing outside of TVT.
Speaker 6: Oh momy I played and I played in Germany this past year, so I mean I'm going into my thirteenth for twelve or thirteenth year professional Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes you feel old. Read that comic the other day feeling old. Yeah, Andrew Harrison's thirteenth year playing pro ball. That makes you feel old.
Speaker 6: Kids come up to me now, I'll watched you when I was five years old. I'm like, oh my goodness, I'm old. But AhR team yes, sir to me and everything. I'm like, oh man, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: So what's life like over there? I mean for somebody, I don't assume you didn't live over there before playing there, So just up and moving to Germany?
Speaker 6: I mean you can have done, man. Yeah, I've lived so many places. I lived Europe, Asia, everywhere, so you get adapt.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: I don't do much. I don't need much to be able to, you know, thrive. So anywhere I go it's Germany is just like anywhere else. Anywhere you go. If you're looking for a show, you can find it. If you're not, you won't. So it's fine. It's cold like that.
Speaker 2: Are you fluent in German? Now you speak absolutely? I know you're not.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you have a favorite place you've been other than Germany? Now we said you've been around the world already.
Speaker 6: Greece is probably my favorite, just because of the weather, the way that people treat you. The basketball culture is crazy over there in Greece, so that was probably my favorite place I played well buy food wise, food wise.
Speaker 2: Who has better food America or Germany?
Speaker 6: To me? America? I don't know about the how healthy, how much more healthy it is, but America beats is the best place for food in the world to be have been, so.
Speaker 4: We talk about how BBN is everywhere. Have you crossed paths with any other former players in these leagues? Played against them? Maybe even run some fans in the places.
Speaker 6: I have, I played against some davy On Mintz this year. Yeah, man, I played against so many guy I just don't remember. But I mean every year I play against somebody that went to can tell you either when I was there or before me or after me. So, man, you know you're gonna always see some guys in the basketball community from from from UK.
Speaker 4: Never pass any fans on the street or at any of your games.
Speaker 6: In Turkey, I had some fans from from UK, which was crazy. I mean, I gotta I gotta gift from from my niece that I that's a week old from a fan in the stand. It was crazy with her name on it. So, like I said, and these fans are so crazy, and I'm so appreciatd to be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congrats to Aaron new Dad.
Speaker 3: You're you're an uncle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm an uncle. I haven't met her yet. I haven't met her yet. I'm excited. I can't wait to meet her.
Speaker 3: Think I talk about your guy sitting over here, Willie Colch time got the bad ankle. The word is that he liked basically said, there's no way I'm gonna sit out. I am gonna play no matter how hurt I am. What did that help you guys? How to lift you guys up? Seeing him out there kind of on a bad wheel, go out and try to play against Montrez harrol, I mean inspiration.
Speaker 6: We all know that Willy didn't didn't have to do that, so we know he put himself at risk and we appreciate it. We try to. I tried to body on the line too as well, because I see him being able to take that risk. So it's inspiring. Man. It's like if he can do it, why why anybody else can do it? So we're here for a reason, and there's no point to not lay lay your body on the line and give it one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: How fun is the eelm ending? It looks awesome. I wouldn't want it in real basketball, but for this setting, Will is not in his head.
Speaker 6: Sokay, it's stressful though. You want to be up by at least ten fifteen when you go into that elm. If not, then every shot, you know, every shot is a big deal. But I mean it makes the tournament exciting. Definitely definitely makes a tournament exciting.
Speaker 4: It seems to turns guys into trying to be a hero, like it might be a little more ball hog and it has turned on in the offense to flow because they don't want to make that shot. Is that the case?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure. Me I just I've always been we just want to win. I don't care about making a last shot or yeah, I don't care about the glory. We win, everybody gets the glory. So no, I'm not sure when.
Speaker 4: You hit the big winning Louisville last year, right, that was two yearss ago years ago? That crazy game.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that was that was that was super fun. That was crazy game.
Speaker 3: Everybody, big round of applause for Andrew Harrison. They play Sunday at two o'clock against Baheim's Army. Tickets are available to go out and support the guys. It's a great atmosphere. Marsh will be there leading the way, cheering in for you guys, and I can't wait to watch you guys win another game.
Speaker 6: Thank you all so much.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you Andrew Harrison. We got Willie cally Stein in the house. We'll bring him up. You got Jeff Percarl coming up at eleven, and I got in a response from Vince Merrill. I'll tell you when we come back. This is Teking Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 2: He'll make them pay now. More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Morgan here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Kentucky's Wortch Radio Live at John Clay Automotive on the way to Nicholas Field from Lexington and Nicholas Field Road. Brand new facility they're opening now. We're in the customer waiting area.
Speaker 6: Sha.
Speaker 3: This is a nice new building. They're just opening today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, very nice. Get a I mean standing room only here today. What a crowd we got. Thank you everybody for being here. We appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Like you have couches set up. We don't do me couch shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nice and comfortable for everyone.
Speaker 3: State of the art equipment, family owned and operated John Clay not the former Kentucky Lexing hand Leader sports Rider, but we met the new John Clay and uh we'll come out here for all your automotive needs. Before we get to Willie Ulla Steon. I do have to see. I thought I got a response for Vince Merrill.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a response for Vince.
Speaker 3: Well it popped up Vince Meryl. I thought he was responding. But this kind of guy he is, he said, it's the only thing.
Speaker 6: He said.
Speaker 3: Glad you back on radio. I was praying for you, buddy. See See that's why we liked Van.
Speaker 2: Even though he's a dirty bird and he's not big dog anymore. He's what Drew.
Speaker 4: You're gonna make me do it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make you do it. Yeah, a little chia dog. It's okay. We still love them.
Speaker 3: Give it up for Willie Collie Stein Willy making back to back appearances on ks are. We caught up with him yesterday with Maggie Davis out on the golf course yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did you shoot?
Speaker 4: Sounds like a good drive, It's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we end up winning that tournament. I played with h Mary Keane. Uh, she played it. She's good, she's nasty.
Speaker 3: So you had a ringer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's the strong part of your game? Is that the drive? You more of a putter like, It's like, what's the strong suit of your golf game?
Speaker 3: I'll do it all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say that's the strongest part is I could do pretty much anything out there.
Speaker 3: But I've always heard what you want. Golf is a little harder for taller guys. You know you got that long swing. Have you had a problem with it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I have a I have a really unique lag. So I've been told it's a lot like Nella Cordy.
Speaker 4: Look at this guy knowing ball over here. Yeah, it's going through the opga.
Speaker 5: I heard, I heard a good tempo.
Speaker 2: How's the ankle after golf yesterday? Are you feeling good? Yes?
Speaker 6: It's nice and moves there you go, all right?
Speaker 3: The best way to rehab injured ankle go out and walk eighteen holes on the golf course.
Speaker 5: You gotta get on the different terrain, let your feet kind of switch around and move.
Speaker 4: So, since we heard from you on the golf course yesterday, you all found out your opponent. Did you all get together last night and watch that game last night between Baham's Army and haul In or whatever their name is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, we are.
Speaker 5: We were all down there and the lobby watching last night, trying to trying to get a little scout.
Speaker 3: What is the scout?
Speaker 5: I just think that our our switch game is going to be too much for him. They just got shooters, not a lot of attackers. They got probably got one slasher and a rim runner, and we know how to stop the rim runner, so that's not too difficult. It's really just staying focused on, you know, switching out on screens and making sure the shooters on go open.
Speaker 4: Looks you all had youth on your side too. They have at least two players older than DeAndre Liggans. They have one that's about turn to turn forty and one that's about to turn thirty nine. So maybe and you'll have the fresh legs being off longer, so maybe that could play in your advantage too. But overall, you just excited to get back to Memorial should be a good crowd, being a weekend, I would.
Speaker 5: Think, just just just being able to secure another game in front of these fan base and this this community is its special to play and so the fact that we keep winning, it's all here is it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I heard coach John Hood on with Tom Leach this morning and he was talking about you and saying that you told John Hood that you didn't want any help on the double down when the ball came to Montrez. You just wanted to lock them down one on one. Is that true? Is that? Is that what you told coach Hud?
Speaker 5: That's what I told her. Yeah, man, I'd rather live or die by it. You know, if he's gonna go off and beat us, cool, go through me. If not, I want that on my shoulders.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: You guys running the pick and roll with Archie so well in the second half, I guess that's gonna be the scout for CircUse. They got to stop that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, yeah, good luck.
Speaker 4: You mentioned like last night you got together and watched the game. You all have been there a couple weeks now, most of you are you pretty much just all hanging out as a group around Like so, I know you've snuck off to the golf course and stuff, but I've seen other events You've had signings and meeting greets. Is it pretty much just full TBT while you're in outside of a few rounds of golf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well, you know, we got the Mordiy golf business, so I'm gonna always push that and try to get the brand going as much as I can out here. So that's kind of my job at this point. TVT is like my hobby right now, even though we got a chance to get some chicken from it. But you know, it's more the camaraderie, which is why we like golf, is the camaraderie, right So, like right now, the most thing that I miss about playing balls, like the locker room talk, being around the guys and just kind of like you know, you get inspired, Like you said, you get inspired by these guys. You know what guys is going through. You might be overseas and you watch them overseas and like the overseas grind is is different.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not for the week. So guys that go over there and thirteen years, you know what I mean, that's big time. That's as It's a blessing.
Speaker 4: Now that you're so into golf, we have to ask the golf question that comes up a lot. If you can have your dream for something, you're playing with three other people, dead or alive. What's the perfect round of golf? Who are you playing with?
Speaker 6: Will Ferrell the Hawk?
Speaker 3: Good answer? Watching that hurt? It's terrible?
Speaker 6: Is it good?
Speaker 5: I don't know what people are telling that is great?
Speaker 3: Really, we found the one guy that likes them.
Speaker 4: Who's on the other card? You got two more?
Speaker 5: Okay, we got I would probably go with Tiger give me, give me a legit golfer and then I'm part of it.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, yeah, you're one of the floor. But if you want some you can break the rules. You someone else.
Speaker 5: Now, it's cool those two me and let's see who.
Speaker 6: The good one?
Speaker 2: John daily would be fun. It's like my spear down John Daly, That's what I wouldn't want it. I'm not even a golfer. I don't want to hang out with John Daly.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and bring some of them. John daies to Charles Barkley, he tries to play.
Speaker 3: So how good of a golfer are you? I mean, what do you have a handicap? What's your handicap? Well, what's your low score?
Speaker 5: The lowest I've ever scored is a seventy three. The lowest handicap I got to it's like a six to four. Right now, I'm in the I'm in a good pocket right now. He can play a little sandbagger man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, speaking bag there, I got a story. I'm gonna I'll say it flator of bisku right now. There's a golf club here in Kentucky called the Lakewood Country Club. They had the two man Scramble. I guess last weekend two man tournament. These two college kids show up. I guess they sandbagged on Saturday and shot a three over. The next day, they're in the fifth flight and they win it with a ten under fair foul.
Speaker 5: That's the handicaps is. I mean, that's what we battle. That's why it's like I feel like it's a no man's land. If you're an under ten handicap, you're a no man's land. Like I could go play against sixty year old dude across the street and he's got a chance to beat me because he can score a double one. I have to get a birdie, you know what I mean. Like since the handicasp system's kind of fly, so I you gotta get with it or you're going to get out of it, you know what I mean, Or you're gonna lose. So that's why I say, now I'm like an eight ten handicaps instead of a six, So now I don't lose against.
Speaker 3: The sand bag a little bit.
Speaker 6: Got sand bag?
Speaker 4: Yeah you mentioned it yesterday. But plug, you're doing your own golf event coming up. You're just not out there playing and having apparel company. You're you're now throwing your own tournaments.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: We got our first one August tenth at Oxmore Country Club in Louisville. A lot of a lot of cool prizes. I mean, like our brand, each tournament we throw is a different capital collection. So this one's obviously Taylor to bb In and we got blue Heart's collection coming out with gloves, polo hat. We got a bunch of cool sponsors that are throwing in a bunch of gears. So I mean, with all the gear that we're throwing in, it's like over five hundred dollars in value of that. So, I mean it's it's I'm really trying to do like a cool gear pack here.
Speaker 4: Have you reached out to John Day yet? Maybe he'll show up. He's been known to just show up at random celebrity golf tournaments. Maybe you get him out there.
Speaker 2: If it's your spirit animal, Yeah, I know he really is.
Speaker 3: So how can people sign up for this? How can they find it?
Speaker 5: So Almost members dot Com it's also my my the link's also my ig bio. But I'm posting stuff all around. You'll start seeing flyers and stuff. But yeah, Almost members dot Com you can sign up.
Speaker 3: Well, good luck to you man Sunday. You know they'll have another big crowd there Beeheim's Army. I hope your ankle does well and you guys continue advancing the TVT tournament.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need it. We need to keep going, you know. I love playing here and getting to keep it going, is I mean, that's the I would love to end it on a hundred and fifty in my pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are you? Three wins away from the chicken as you called it finals, coming up, three more, you'll get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody give it up for Willie colly Stein. We'll take our back, our break, come back with more of a John Clay Automotive and Niolas Field. This is Kentucky's Ports Radio. Welcome back Kentucky's Sports Radio live from John Clay Automotive, the brand new John Clay Automotive on Nicholas Field Road between Lexington and Nicholasville. Twenty Bay Autocare area right next door. We're in the customer waiting area. You can do it all tires or all change breaks, transmission, suspension, anything you need of your automobile from the John Clay Automotive and they'll help you out.
Speaker 2: And a shout out to Black Bar Black Barn Barbecue food truck gonna be serving barbecue out here today in business over twelve years.
Speaker 4: John Clay just caming up my keys, and I guess my car's gone. I don't know if I'm change or he just stole it.
Speaker 3: Drew mentioned and eating an oil change. They came and got his keys. They're gonna change his oil. During the second hour of the show.
Speaker 4: Which cars model it is out there hitting buttons?
Speaker 2: I'm probably so yeah, just whichever one the horn sound?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I really need new tires, do you guys?
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: If the biggest story of the day yesterday was the Vince Merrill tweet and back and forth with the Louisville fans, the second biggest story what happened to the KASR podcast?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Drew, Yeah, Drew, what happened to the podcast not two minutes ago?
Speaker 6: About it?
Speaker 4: I just need people to know that I have nothing to do with it. I don't even know how to turn on the computer at iHeart, I show up and talk, so I'm my hands are clean of whatever's going on with the podcast, Billy.
Speaker 2: We got to blame Billy for this.
Speaker 3: Well, so what's Shannon? You're our podcast guru. What's going on?
Speaker 2: The website in which we upload the podcast to decided it wasn't gonna work yesterday, and when it crashed or got hacked or whatever happened to it, it was not working. So when that happens, you cannot have a podcast.
Speaker 3: So it'll be working today.
Speaker 2: Yes. The only thing is it won't be up till later on today because I won't be back at the studio until about four o'clock the day.
Speaker 3: So it's still possible today's podcast will be on just later on today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So the Maggie Davis podcast from yesterday, is it gone?
Speaker 2: No, It could be uploaded, but it won't be until either Liam does it back in the studio or I do it later.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for Maggie. You look, I wish it had happened to me what every nobody needs to hear from me. But Maggie had such a good show. Yeah, it's only what her second time doing it now, all days for the podcast to not work out.
Speaker 3: I hate to Patty's crying there because she didn't have a podcast yesterday.
Speaker 4: Forgot people saying they had a mental breakdown yesterday. They didn't know how to eat dinner because they didn't heard the podcast yet, couldn't even look at their family.
Speaker 2: Pre show didn't go on either, so neither one of those went up yesterday.
Speaker 3: The Avision Glass text machine, that's what ninety nine percent of the texts were yesterday about the was about the podcast.
Speaker 2: What do you got here on the text machine today?
Speaker 3: Well, just pick one, pick one out and see what it says.
Speaker 2: It just says, Yep, there you go. So good to hear from Andrew. Seems like as time goes by he and his brother, I'm more appreciate it. So there you go. There you goson just showing some love to the players, Like, don't.
Speaker 3: Even need to give one a shout out. Today is the anniversary of Hubby and Sarah Jefferson.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: The reason we're doing this because Sarah just sent me a note that she forgot.
Speaker 4: Oh she forgot. I thought she was gonna call out Hubby for forgetting.
Speaker 3: No, she called out herself for forgetting. Today was their anniversary. So she's asking us tried to smooth things over with Hubby.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's a marriage bill's on honesty. If she's telling on herself, that's very good of her. Did she want you to say that or does she just want us to wish them over the air.
Speaker 3: No, she said, you guys got to help me out. You got to help me out and kind of smooth things over with Hubby because she forgot their anniversary today. So Hubby, Sarah loves you. We're getting a little older. Sometimes things slip her mind a little bit. We forget to, you know, brush our teeth or what flush the toilet?
Speaker 2: Who forgets to brush their teeth?
Speaker 3: They brushed my teeth today. Yesterday you had a chance to talk to some of the UK basketball players. Don't want to get that in before Jeff Pacorrel joined us and talk a lot of football. What did you learn? What did you find out? Who did you talk to you yesterday?
Speaker 4: With the UK basketball team, they've been given about two or three players a week, but a lot of times it's up against the radio show we're doing cover zero, So I haven't gone to any of them until this week. I went yesterday. I'm telling you all right now, if you don't listen to anything else, I say, listen to this. You're gonna love Big Frank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is awesome, Patball Frank.
Speaker 4: Big Frank is amazing, great personality, kind of a nerd. He has a master's degree in AI. He talked about when he was little he would take robots apart and put him back together. Really, we talked to him for thirty minutes. I even went back and just watched the video again because Frank was so fun. He's still not practicing, and he didn't get into a lot of how long it'll be. He thinks he's close, But every once in a while, we just get these personalities we latch onto. Just a big, lovable guy. Kind of got a little Oscar to him. I'd say, huh, But I could have listened to Big Frank for two hours yesterday. So everyone, you're gonna love Big Frank. Whatever you think about him, now it's gonna be even better. He laughed at you know, the picture came out when they moved in he and Zoom or together, and everybody thought he was Zoom's dad. He was laughing about that as much as anyone said. The players call him grandpa. I mean really just a genuinely great guy, it seems. And I loved hearing from him on basketball things. I spent most of my time with Alex Wilkins, really excited about him. Very confident guy, not like arrogant cock, but just really believes in himself. He was kind of under recruited and underrated coming out of Boston. Ends up at Furman. We had a great freshman year and now he's finally at Kentucky. He's gonna get buckets and he's excited to do it. He also talked about how their defense is much better than people are giving them credit for. Said with their link, they can get into passing lanes. I said, what would surprise people the most if they could see this team? And he said, we hear criticisms about the defense. I don't know who say that, definitely not this radio show, but he said, the defense this early will surprise people. Dohn Hawthorne was also available freshman. I didn't give as much time with him, but overall, Wilkins and Frank were great to talk to and I'm really looking forward to both those guys.
Speaker 3: Well, you mentioned two guys that you don't get a lot of publicity. We don't talk about him a lot, but are very important Big Frank, papall Frank. He is the backup from alacim Reno the hit. How important he is They need him to be the backup guy.
Speaker 4: There was a moment where Wilkins was done and he's walking by and he gets in the media crowd and to ask a question, you know they do some times, and he asked Frank you bring, uh, you know what, what do you bring to the team in the game. And Frank said, at any moment, I can kind of flip the game with my energy and maybe Donk's blocks. And then Alex said, he's exactly right, that's what That's what Frank's gonna do. I did ask Frank to graul for me because there's rumors that he's gral He wouldn't do that. He's saving that for the season. But a great guy there. Wilkins also mentioned I didn't realize this. I don't know if it had been out there, but he grew up. He loved Terrence Clark, he idolized him. He said he has about three thousand photos of Hilm with Terrence Clark because they're both from Boston kidding, so it means a lot for him to now put the jersey on. He thinks about him a lot. We all had Terrence here for a year and then of course he tragically passed right before the draft. But I didn't know that connection. And I said, it means a lot to be representing him and in their hometown.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned Zion Hawthorne. He's the backup point guard, a guy we don't talk a lot better. He's really he's point guard one B behind Zumdiallo.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know how much will we get in Zion. He's just a freshman. I only spent maybe three or four minutes with him. Wasn't intentional, it's just kind of how it worked out.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: But he was good to hear from too. I don't know if y'all remember Mark Fox taped a hammer to the wall before the tournament last year and said, be the hammer nothing now. That was the first thing Zion said when I asked, kind of what's what's the what's the messaging? He said, they're still they're telling us to be a hammer nothing now.
Speaker 2: That has not gone away, So we're still duck taking a hammer up on a wall.
Speaker 4: But he's, you know, he's I don't know how much we'll see of him being a true freshman. Uh. I did ask him if he said ady and he welcome to Kentucky moments and he admitted that Malachi ma Reno is crammed on his head twice already in practice, so it's fun here in that. But he was another good personality. I just didn't get nearly as much time with him. As I did the other two.
Speaker 3: But the rumor is he lives in the gym, like literally is there from sunrise to sundown.
Speaker 4: Thinking of Mason Williams. Mason Williams is the backup Jim Retch.
Speaker 3: I thought it was Zion Hawthorne did that.
Speaker 4: Giants Brains little brother. He's doing well too, but he's got a long way to go. But it was good hearing from him.
Speaker 3: Also. Eight five nine two two eight seven. That's our Clark's puppishot phone line. You want to get on board. We got Jeff Piccarl going to join us in the second. I had to talk a lot of football, and even Ty Bryant supposed to call in talk some football, but I wanted to get the basketball things kind of out of the way. I mean, Papa Frank, he's a guy that I like. I said, he's so important because if you're on him, he Gotrhyese Potter and those are your three guys inside guys.
Speaker 4: And Frank, even though he's twenty five and has played a lot of basketball, has never played a full season. He said, last year is so close. I came up five games short. But they're being very cautious with him, and he hopes this is the year where he can play a full season completely healthy. But you're right, he's gonna be important. As excited as we are about Malachai, you still need depth there, and him being kind of a different player than Malaka, they're really gonna need him.
Speaker 3: You're pulling up another a vision glass text machine text for us.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you know, you and I were getting on Mario for not knowing about bon Jovi and we talked about the KSR curse. Yes, well, somebody just sent on the text line that bon Jovi abruptly ended his concert at Madison Square Garden last night. So there you go. You're trying to kill off bon Jovi. Now what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Ryan?
Speaker 3: I asked my son last night, Josiah's nineteen, said, do you know bon Jovi? He's like, no, but he would know the song if you played it for him. They would know the song You'll give Love a Bad Name, Living on a Prayer.
Speaker 2: He would know those songs.
Speaker 6: Have you heard? So?
Speaker 3: I said, do you know Rolling Stones? No?
Speaker 2: But he would know a song if he heard it.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, But I said, you know Hooty and the Blowfish, Oh yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: Of course he knows Hoody and the Blowfish because brainwashed as a kid to think that Darius Rutger was his uncle.
Speaker 3: Uh, we're here at John Clay Automotive on Nicholas Field Road. Is their grand opening today, the Chamber of Commerce going out here doing a little ribbon cutting. They're open Monday through Friday seven to five thirty. They're changing Drew's oil right now. All your car care needs can come out here and you get a KSR discount the day. I think also, don't that's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a conventional oil change forty nine ninety nine if you use the promo code KSR than sixty four ninety nine for a synthetic oil change. Do you know the difference between conventional and synthetic oil.
Speaker 3: Synthetic O is a lot more expensive.
Speaker 2: It's a lot more it's a lot more synthetic. Out here, it's synthetic and it's more expensive.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I noticed WILLI Andrew didn't get very far at the door. They're swarmed in the parking lot with fans. Very cool that they're out here and still hanging around taking pictures.
Speaker 2: One guy's just leaning up on his car, like, don't be touching Willie's car What are you doing. He's just gonna lay.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what make the tvtal special is our fan base, how they react to these guys and go and support these guys and come out here to watch the show. So all right, we'll take our break, come back our number two Kentucky Sports Radio Live from John Clay Automotive, and we'll have caramel nutbars. We come back.