Speaker 1: Hello, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Edwin?
Speaker 2: Edwin? What's going on? Edwin?
Speaker 1: I'm at ketamine therapy.
Speaker 2: You're at ketamine therapy. Yep, like right now, you're at ketemine therapy.
Speaker 1: Yep, in the chair.
Speaker 2: You're in the chair right now. Are you tripping on ketemine right now?
Speaker 1: Coming down?
Speaker 2: Okay? How's that going?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? I'm a little nervous because I'm on the phone. I think it gotta be quiet.
Speaker 2: You're at a clinic, are they is there?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Shit? Is is there an IV in you right now?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, it's all a natal spray.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but you still do it at a clinic?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I heard that you you you doing that before.
Speaker 2: I've I'm in the process of doing it now. I mean not, I'm not as in the process of doing it as you are. You're like literally at the clinic tonkademy right now talking to me. That's so funny, That's extremely funny. All right, So how was it? How was it? How was everything?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? I've been doing it since like September?
Speaker 2: And uh what did you think about during this particular session?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Short uh short trip? And now I'm coming down to like hour and a half.
Speaker 2: You've been coming down for an hour and a half. Yeah, okay, And what came up during the session. I'm asking you what they asked me when I do the thing? What came up?
Speaker 1: Uh hm hmm. Maybe like a relationship, like like questioning a relationship, Like I don't explain questions to ask a person. Yeah, yeah, like what to ask a person that I'm like seeing how.
Speaker 2: Long you've been seeing her?
Speaker 1: A couple of months?
Speaker 2: And what do you want to ask her?
Speaker 1: It's weird, like how she operates as a person, Like it's I don't know how to like, I just want to look into the future. I just want to look into the future and be like, how does this person fit into my life? If it's good or bad?
Speaker 2: But you want to ask her how she operates as a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not that's not like a real You can't ask.
Speaker 2: That someone you know, No, you have to observe that, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to like find a question to get there.
Speaker 2: You know, so you've been seeing her for two months and you want to find out how she fits into your life? Yeah, are there any specific things that you feel like you don't know about her that you'd really like to know about her in terms of the way in which she may or may not fit into your life.
Speaker 1: Can you be the question?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, uh, what are you thinking about asking her?
Speaker 1: How is this? I'm sorry, my mind's racing, Like.
Speaker 2: I'll take your time, take your time, take all your time. I'll sit here with you.
Speaker 1: What do I want to ask her? It's just weird, man, bro, Like I've always liked there's always been a brick flag in the past for other people, but this time there isn't. And I'm just like maybe I'm just trying to find like an excuse of like which.
Speaker 2: Wall Oh yeah, like no I do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like like something this is going too well, you know, mm hmm. This is also one of those like invisible strings here he kind of things.
Speaker 2: Is it because you don't are you trying to look for something that is bad so that you can break up and find a new lady?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, not at all. I mean like there's always been a thing, so I'm not trying to find it. It's just like I'm waiting for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like.
Speaker 1: It's self sabotaged kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But I don't know well, I'm like that too, where I'm like, there's always gonna be a thing Like that's my belief at least, And I don't even think that's an unrealistic belief. I believe that about every everything there's always a thing, you know, every good thing always has something attached to it, like I you know, I mean, maybe that's not true. Man, that's a version of life that I'm unnecessarily subjecting myself to. But there could there could be a thing out there that's just one hundred percent awesome, Like drinking water. There's never a situation where you shouldn't drink water.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Maybe everything is like that. Maybe everything is water, not everything with some things. Maybe there's more water type things out there, you know.
Speaker 1: You know Bruce Lee used to say, be water, you know, clow that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: You know, Bruce Lee. Yeah, he's dead, right. What's he doing these days?
Speaker 1: Sure's being in the ground deadly.
Speaker 2: I think he died. He was pretty young when he died. He was sucking thirty two. Holy shit, that's crazy, I'm almost thirty two. Yeah, how did.
Speaker 3: He do well?
Speaker 2: He was like, what's the possible causes of death?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: He took a lot of aspirin? Wait, hold on, Oh it was like it was Uh.
Speaker 1: Say again, I said, real, but I don't want to promote that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well you don't want to promote what.
Speaker 1: Taking a lot of aspirin? Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, I mean you're not promoting anything. You're just you're just this is just a conversation. But anyway, Yeah, what's your name again?
Speaker 1: Ed? I'll just say Edwin, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, So why do you like this lady? Let's do that. Why do you like her?
Speaker 1: Oh? She's awesome, man, Like we're it feels like we're the same person. We had like the same childhood. She's like a local person that like we never really saw each other. Uh, it's like a where have you been all my life? Type deal? Uh? Even though like she was like light underneath my nose. It's weird again.
Speaker 2: And you're trying to find really wrong with her mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm, but I'm trying to. It's just like it's strange that it hasn't happened.
Speaker 2: Is there anything wrong with is there anything wrong with how you perceive her?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is there anything wrong with your experience?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm thinking like that too much, Like I shouldn't be thinking like I shouldn't be trying to find a bad thing, you know, I should just be in the moment type type ship.
Speaker 2: How long you're doing this Kedemine stuff for?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm almost a year in September of year.
Speaker 2: How's it gone?
Speaker 1: What are you sorry? I'm more joyful, high on life, like compared to like a year ago. Likes just a tiny bit, but you know, anything helps.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go out drinking. Me and this girl later with her friends.
Speaker 2: Sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Probably play, probably play PlayStation when I get home.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna play in the PlayStation? O?
Speaker 1: Little Batman? So good, so good lyle I recommend so it's so good.
Speaker 2: You don't have to recommend that. I already know that it's sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty sick. We talked before.
Speaker 2: But by the way, where did we talk?
Speaker 1: Uh? You did like three second calls a couple of years ago, and I was one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of similar. But I don't want to like talk about like girl stuff because it seems whack. But that's well, That's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: You sent me a picture of yourself in Times Square with UFC fighter Nate Diaz, And then before that you wrote, Hey, Lyle, I ditched work to go to a strip club in Times Square. I would love to talk more. What strip club was this?
Speaker 1: It was one year Time Square.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well, okay, all right, I knew that you said that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it was called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fun. No, why did you have fun?
Speaker 1: I didn't have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Okay, so long here. That is a good reason to not be having fun in the strip club.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: They were nice, though, but I guess that's their job to be nice.
Speaker 2: It is their job to be nice. Edwin, I'm gonna let you go. I think you gotta do some I think you get some stuff to do. I love you, Yle, Thank you, Edwin. I'll I'll see you around the universe. Man. Good luck, good luck with everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, I just want to say you're El Salvador or Guatemala video. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank YouTube, Thanks bro, Thanks brother, how fuck you? I'm glad you watched that way. Yeah, but I worked really hard on that one. Thank you for watching that.
Speaker 1: And one more thing. I went to your art show, like twenty months ago, seventeen months ago, something like that. Thank you good, had a good time.
Speaker 2: You're awesome now, thanks brother, thank you man. I appreciate you all. Our pazz will cross again soon, some way, somehow. Yeah, I take it easy, brother, Wow, thank you. Edwina Strip Club and Times Square strip Club in Times Square. Maybe he went to the Eminem's store and he saw the green Eminem and he thought that was a strip club. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: It's this mister Lyle the Gecko.
Speaker 2: This is mister Lyle the Gecko. And to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking? My name is Randy Rindy. Rindy.
Speaker 4: Oh, mister, are you ready for the story of a lifetime.
Speaker 2: Rinted around the rosies? You know what I've and I've said this before. A lot of people call in. They say I have the story of the lifetime. They say I have a crazy story. And then they say a bunch of stuff that doesn't make any sense. And then I say a bunch of stuff that doesn't make any sense. But something about you, Rindy, I kind of trust you. I've only heard you say like two words, but I trust you. That you wouldn't probably say I have the story of a lifetime if you didn't mean it. I trust you, and you're backing out now you just I saw, I heard you, I felt you back out. Randy, trust yourself, Ody, Rindy, Randy, Rindy, Rindy, Rindy, you're backing out. You're going like, well, I don't know, you know you have to be that's not what we want right now, Wendy.
Speaker 4: We were we were right.
Speaker 2: We want yes, Lyle, yes, you're right to trust me. You're correct. Trust you are going to be like this is crazy story, but that's not what you were doing before. You were like, no, no, this is what this is what we want, Randy. We want this, Randy. So the rendy we want this is.
Speaker 4: This is going to be crazy, insane. Your job is going to be on the floor.
Speaker 2: Everything, Okay, double down, double day, all right, all right, I trust you. I trust you.
Speaker 4: The story takes place, oh, I mean you need a little context to it though, So a year ago in my hometown, not a very big one, only about eight hundred people in it. We have this fellow let's just call him Doug because he probably wouldn't like it. By use's real name, This Doug character. He's a real shitty person. I don't like him one bit, never have, never will. And he's always drinking and smoking and doing all that bad stuff. And one day he's decided he's going to go driving around drunk. And all the freshmen are having this bonfire, right, and he decides to pull up to this bonfire, which is only freshman drunk out of his mind, and he's dicking around the bonfire with a can of gasoline to rows it through there. What the hell do you think happens? He catches them on fire, literally burns them, and they have You've flown out out of state, big city, you know, and they're in there like intensive barn treatment for like hold.
Speaker 2: On, I just real quick? Is this listen? If is this your story? What how do you come in?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: This? Yeah? Yeah, this implied, this goes to it, right. Okay, this is not me, but this this is the context you need to know about this character, right. Okay, So let's fast forward probably six eight months from that, right, and I start dating this new girl. He's it's great, I love her, love her whole lot, right, and but she has this one issue that I'm not a huge fan of is that she's always hanging out with people, right, I mean, it's not an issue in of itself.
Speaker 2: Right Wait wait wait wait wait all right, Rendy, you've lost fifty my trust. I trust you fifty percent less than I did before. Why? Also, I'm I can't explain it. It's just it's a vibe thing. It's just a vibe thing.
Speaker 4: But oh, okay, okay, but we're still I'm.
Speaker 2: Still with you, Randy, I still come on that fifty. There's still fifty there. Let's focus on. We're gonna Randy, We're gonna do this. We're gonna do half glass, half full, Randy, We're gonna do a glass half full.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, this is my Wait.
Speaker 2: Why don't you like it when your girlfriend hangs out with people?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 4: Minds you ex girlfriend? Now? But and she hangs out with that Doug guy.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, But I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to start an issue, so I don't say anything about it. Well guess what, Well, around probably a month or two after not a month or two, would probably be more like four after we start name, I get a phone call from her and she wants to break up with me. I'm devastated. I care about this girl so much. You know, I don't eat or sleep for probably a week. It's bad, man, it was bad, And you know what, I talked to some people about it, you know, and I realized that probably for the best. So I go into school next day and I'm sitting in my study hall and then when my buddies goes, hey, you know, I'm not your ex went on a date with dog.
Speaker 3: What this guy?
Speaker 4: We'd be hanging out with my girlfriend, trying to hang out with her all the working time, and she get that shit happened, Randy.
Speaker 2: Randy, Yeah, I'm down to twenty five percent.
Speaker 4: Hell, so that is crazy, don't you agree?
Speaker 2: No, this is not that I want. I'm I'm I want to hear the rest of the story, Randy. But Brandy, how about this rendy skip to the part where my jaw is going to be on the floor, and then we'll fill in the context later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, So you know, I basically get cheated on for dog out of all people, right, I get played like a fiddle for dog Man and then right, and mind you, one of the worst parts about it is me and that girl. We live on the same road, and it's the only two houses on that road, right, And so every day I come home and I see that guy's that guy's beat up old truck, his his ship box there. And one day I'm sitting on my desk with my buddy, right, and I absolutely lose my shit. Right, But you got to mind you, my house is a little higher than hers, and I absolutely just lose my ship.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: I see him out on that Oh he hears every damn word I say. And I say some bad stuff, like things that the cops would not like. What's deliver?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then and he stares dead at me, and I know he reaches to truck, and I know right in his door, I know he keeps the fucking gun in there, and I know he reached in there. He looked at me, I looked at him, and I knew what he was reaching for. So, you know, I'm out of town for a little bit with my old man. But you know, I feel like, once I get back, I'm gonna have a real big issue with that guy. Is that the story for you?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, okay, I trust you. Well, I'm no, I'm no longer evaluating my level of trust with you because we're here, I'm with you in this, and we're gonna do this. But okay, okay, okay, hold on, I'm gonna gather myself.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So this isn't a crazy story. This is a situation you're currently in where there's a gentleman who wants to kill you. Yeah, I believe, okay, And he knows where you live.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: His name is Doug.
Speaker 4: That's just his metaphor name. I wouldn't actually want to give out names here.
Speaker 2: Okay, is Doug. Yeah, what are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Doug? Doug? I like Doug. Why don't you talk to Why don't you bring Doug a fucking pie or a cake or a cookie?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, because I feel like i'd give it to Well, he's already on the heavier end of the spectrum, you know.
Speaker 2: But that's not that's not well, that's good. That means, that means that it's the kind of gift he would appreciate. Yeah, So why don't you make fucking make peace with Doug? What's your name, Randy? Yeah, Randy, Randy. Why don't you make peace with Doug? Give him a fucking cookie. Be like, hey, sorry for saying all this stuff. Let's be friends. Let's hang out. Take me in your truck, Let's ride around, Let's start fires, let's shoot guns, Let's hang out. Let's hang I hang out with Doug. What's wrong with Doug?
Speaker 4: Well? True, granted, I mean he took my girlfriend out from under my ex girlfriend out right from my to my feet. I feel like there's just like a conflict, not a conflict of interest. That's not the right way to put it, but you know it would be Oh you need I said all this stuff about how if I ever get my hands on him, you know, and then I'm just gonna be like, ye, you want to go come in my place?
Speaker 1: Eat pie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Come?
Speaker 2: Why not? Why not? What else is there to do besides just what you want to escalate it? You want to be like you want to buy your own gun. You guys can kill each other. That's not a good idea. Buy a pie cheaper than a gun, by the way, Yeah, bring it to his house. Be like, hey, Doug, sorry, is set all that stuff. Let's hang out and meat pie and then be friends with him. You know what else is what else are you going to do? What else are you going to do, Randy, what's the better Give me the better solution than that. I don't think you can come up well.
Speaker 4: No, this was my joking idea around. You know, I kept on getting all these videos you know, streng beef.
Speaker 2: Don't do that though, that's not I him so much octon you know street beefs. Oh to fight him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I go challenge him up there, you know, Randy, that's it. I know.
Speaker 2: By the way, Randy, here's the thing I know. I know what street beefs is. It's a it's a it's a homemade octagon where people who have real life beefs they go and they settle their beefs by having a fight with each other. That is kind of still uh uh it's a street fight, but if they play rules, there's a ref it's kind of more organized.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I have an idea. Maybe you and I we can work together. We can start this, Randy. Street pies. Okay, it's the opposite of the street.
Speaker 4: Pie.
Speaker 2: No, it's street pie. Two people they have a they have a beef with each other. They decide to squash it by each picking out a pie that they think the other might like and appreciate. They meet in the octagon, they give each other the pie, they hug, they kiss maybe the mouth, I don't know yet, and then they go home when everything's fine. And then everything is fine. They don't have to worry about getting shot in the face by random guy Doug or you know, getting what fight. You just eat pie and hang out. I don't Everything's got to be more. Nothing has to be more complicated than that. I go straight pies. That's my idea for this.
Speaker 4: I I like that pie is my favorite dessert too, So you need that on the head.
Speaker 2: You guys can strict.
Speaker 4: Like the hook is in my mouth currently, and it's almost that. I don't know. I just maybe I know I'm not in the place to be doing any bargaining, but you know, I just feel like I need the hooks.
Speaker 1: That at all?
Speaker 2: Rindy, is there anything else?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: I say to the people as a computer before we go, don't.
Speaker 4: Let your girlfriend hanging out with people who should be in jail and America. You have a great day, mister.
Speaker 2: Lyle you Tody, take care, go get it, go, get your friend a pie, all right, Get well?
Speaker 4: I think I actually will make peace with them, though.
Speaker 2: I should ironically let me know. You get him a pie.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll let you know if I get him a pie, will.
Speaker 2: Let you know call me back? Okay, great, I'll take you Indy.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, Low You have a great yesterday.
Speaker 2: You too, by.
Speaker 4: Bye bye. Man.
Speaker 2: I want to someone to get me a pie, a chocolate pie. I was somewhere today I saw a lemon menagerie pie. I was like, that, would that looks like it'd be fun to throw in someone's face, not in the hostile way, but in like a clowny joking way, and then to eat street pies. Hello, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Is it really you?
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 1: And?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Listen? We don't have to make this weird. We can make this a perfectly normal, common starting right now. Hell, and you know, I take my I'm going to take responsibility for making this weird because I could have started this completely normally, and so I'm going to do that now. Hello, my name is Lyle. I'm the Get Go I do the Therapy Uticle podcast. What is your name?
Speaker 4: My name's Oliver.
Speaker 2: There we go. See I could have just been a normal human being for the first part of it. I do that something. You ever go into an interaction and you're like, I made this weird for no reason. I could have just been a normal person.
Speaker 1: Yeah all the time.
Speaker 2: When was the last time that can remember?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it happens to really too much. So yeah, I'm not really sure about the last time. But way, people are really right when they say that you sound completely different overcall anyway.
Speaker 2: What's your name, my friend?
Speaker 1: My name's Oliver.
Speaker 2: Oliver you said that already. Uh, where are you calling from? Are French?
Speaker 5: You think I'm fringed?
Speaker 2: I think you're French, that's my guess.
Speaker 5: Okay, I would think that as a companiment and ins But I'm from Malaysia.
Speaker 2: You're from Malay you're Malaysian.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's actually like in the middle of the night right now, I couldn't sleep and I was just listening to the podcast to fall asleep, and I saw your stories. So I decided a message.
Speaker 2: I'm going out. Hold on, give me, I'm going on Google Maps because I know where I know about Asia. I know Malaysia opposite Malaysia is what the Spanish called bad Asia.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Let's see here. Malay Malaysia, Malaysia. It's a oh you're Are you near Koala Town, Koala Town.
Speaker 1: Kala U.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's in. It's a city in Malaysia.
Speaker 2: Cool. It's hot as fuck over there, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially the humidity.
Speaker 2: Okay, see you're in Kohala Town, bad Asia. How old are you, Oliver? I making you're eighteen? Oh wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been listening to the podcast since I was I think fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh respect man, respect. I always think like, oh God, go ahead, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I used to always think.
Speaker 5: Like, oh I went to like call in and like live on my age because like I was in eighteen. I remember seeing that it to be eighteen to call in. But it's kind of crazy that the one time I finally like decide to like even send the message, I'm already you know, it's been four years.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been sorry, I'm just some on Google Maps. I'm looking at Malaysia. Have you ever been to the Battoo Metropolitan Park. That's where I would go if I lived in Koala, Malaysia.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I'm not sure. Maybe I know it by a different name.
Speaker 2: So okay, you sent me a text by the way, you sent me a text and you said, hey, gak, I've been a fan for years and listening to the podcast has made me money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the most captivating thing I could think of. But that's true.
Speaker 2: What does that mean that it's made you money?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, so one night I was listening to the podcast and does this kind of like finance bro guy you know it's on it, like a very productive guy who just you know, does a lot of stuff in hustles. And he was talking about like treading. Do you remember that guy, like treating and problems?
Speaker 2: Is it the guy? Is it the DJ guy who has all the sugar mamas?
Speaker 5: I think it might be that guy. Yeah, it might be that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember that guy. He's a good army. Okay, you heard him. You heard him talk about that, and you decided to try it.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it immediately caught my attention because you know, the second he said you can pass a challenge and treate it with a lot of other people's capital or like just you know a lot of capital and get paid from that. Like that immediately caught my attention. So I got out of it and I looked it up and at first I just thought, you know, oh, it's one of those one of those things.
Speaker 1: I'll look it up more in the morning.
Speaker 5: And when I checked it out, I just thought, well, it's it's probably not realistic, and I saw the prices of the accounts, so I just figured maybe some.
Speaker 2: Other day, okay. So I didn't make him money.
Speaker 5: It did because one day I decided to look more into it, because you know, I'd like to do a lot of side hustles or think about starting businesses or even just anything that can make me money. But one day I really looked into it and I thought, well, fucking let me try it out. And the cheapest account I could find was like twenty two USB, which is like eighty bucks in my country, which is rather cheap. So I decided to give you a shot. And you know, at first I was bad, and then it just took I just went down this massive rabbit hole. And you know, for me, like a small part of it is actually the money. But you just hear so many people say that it's like really risky or hot, and which you know they're right, but I just wanted to prove them wrong. And like two three months later, I managed to give my first payout.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been to the per Donna Botanical Gardens? That looks nice?
Speaker 5: Probably, but you know, I don't visit a lot of like places in my country. I mean, I have a long time ago, but you know, they're they're kind of interesting, but you know, to me, they're kind of boring because I live here.
Speaker 2: What do you do all day in Koala, Malaysia? Well, I.
Speaker 5: I like to learn a lot, you know, I spend a lot of time on YouTube or well now I trade for maybe a couple hours a day. I also, you know, I go to university, so some of my time taking up by that. Listen to music.
Speaker 2: It's cool, it's cool. Do you have a lot of friends in Koala, Malaysia?
Speaker 4: Previously?
Speaker 1: Not so much?
Speaker 2: Now interesting? What happened?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Why do you used to have more friends than you do now?
Speaker 4: Well, so.
Speaker 5: I changed schools when I was fourteen, and I've been at that school for my whole life, and I had a lot of close friends, but you know, I believe and since then, I've only had like kind of like one main friend.
Speaker 2: Who's your one main friend?
Speaker 5: He's a guy from my first school, but you know, and we lost touch as well, but then we started talking like a couple of years back, and then he became friends again.
Speaker 2: And what do you think it is that connects you to this one guy? Because he's from the first school, So you lost touch with a bunch of other people, but you kept in touch with this guy. So what was it about this guy that you feel kept the connection going.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we share a lot of the same ideas around having to like try to make money at a young age, and you know, like what was having fun but also not just being complecent. So I think that kind of joins us. I think there's still a lot of differences between him and I, but you know, sometimes you just have to forgive what the differences to difference?
Speaker 2: Does he also live in Koala, Malaysia or does he live somewhere else?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he lives in Manesia, but a different city than me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've been hopping around cities so all these so you've been hopping around all the time.
Speaker 5: Well, actually no, because I've been living in the same house my entire life. School change, yeah only.
Speaker 2: Ones okay, and you didn't but you because of the school change. But even though but you didn't stay friends with the people from the first school, even though.
Speaker 5: It was actually a bunch of assholes. O.
Speaker 2: They're at the aunt of assholes, Okay.
Speaker 5: I mean, like if they're close to you, then they're two people. But you know they would also kind of not talk to.
Speaker 1: You if.
Speaker 5: You leave.
Speaker 2: So is that why you think they're a bunch of assholes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I think like just I mean, I think they can be like good friends in the moment, but like I think the outlook on life is very you know, short term. Then they don't really have their ships.
Speaker 2: Tell me about uh well, I mean these are young kids, right, these are like, you know, sixteen fifteen year old people, right, like, how what's there? What's their life? What's their outlook on life that you find that you are that you are disdained by?
Speaker 5: M I think, you know, I think the way they just treat people, they can be a bit disrespect for. And I think they you know, like they kind of like treat their parents' money or their allowances as their own, which you know, it's completely fine, but like they're just kind of douchey about it, you know, so they just seem like un serious and then not fun way, like there's some level of unseriousness where it's like fun and for them it's like they don't know what they're doing with their lives, so they're also probably just not the best friends.
Speaker 2: And what's your dream for the future, Oliver, You seem like an ambitious young man. What's the what's the goal for you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think I think just too, you know, And sometimes I think to myself that in the pursuit of money, I lose myself because sometimes that's all.
Speaker 1: I think about.
Speaker 5: All they and I said the dinner table, and I just kind of zone out, like looking at the wall, just you know, I go off into my own brain thinking about things and don't talk a lot. But you know, so sometimes, you know, and especially these days, I give a bit, I mean, not as much existential anymore. But I kind of like wonder what I even want because I spent so much of my time thinking about like money and like success and being able to have nice things or live comfortably. But you know, sometimes maybe I maybe that's not what.
Speaker 1: I truly want.
Speaker 2: So what's the deal with your parents? Do you live with your parents?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And how are they as people?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, my parents were like separated from basically as far as I can remember. But now I kind of have a step father, I mean not officially made, but you know, he's quite close and he stays with us too.
Speaker 2: Are your parents both living in Koala?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hold on my phone thing went off, so when they were separate, so they've been living in the same city. So you're it's not like your dad like went to Yugoslavia and left you like he was like, You're they were both around when you were.
Speaker 5: Growing Oh, yeah, they're both around. Like I used to go to my photo's place every day after school, so I used to be like, right, I assume I assume him close to him, But I just feel like when I grew up, I kind of just enough into my own world.
Speaker 2: Is is that where you got the uh, your whole like, uh, I want to be a successful businessman thing from Is it from your dad's from your mom or is it just from from observing the universe and coming to your own conclusions.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think a lot of the conclusions that come to are like self generated, because you know, as much as a job like my own opinions from other people, I think a lot like most of the time, So yeah, I think it's self generated. But also I can relate it to how my life has been, Like I don't I live comfortably, but I don't live lavishly by any means. And my father, he's an author, and you know, like so like he hasn't worked in a job for quite a while and that's okay, but you know, I so, but but we also live quite quite trually, so so I know it's like to to you know, not have everything. And I think that definitely if he was mine my appetite for success in the future or even now. But I don't think that's the main driving force.
Speaker 2: Your dad is an author?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind of stuff?
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff does he write about?
Speaker 1: Fiction? Books? Mm?
Speaker 2: Hmm, And that's been he's but he's wiping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: I mean he used to work a long while back, maybe when I was very young, but he's, uh, he's been writing a book for the last I think almost ten years or maybe ten years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Have you read his books?
Speaker 5: I want to one day, because he's only written one official published book, but I still haven't read it because I'm a very slow reader, Like I probably only read two books in my dire life.
Speaker 2: Same man, what not even like when you went to like in high school and middle school, and shit, they didn't like make you read books.
Speaker 5: They didn't make you read, but we would read like three quarters of the book in class, and when the year ended, we kind of, I just you know, never really read it. And I was my friends used to also kind of forced me to read or like treasure me to read, like or I wouldn't be able to, like I don't use my cabinet or something. So I also have kind of a bad, you know, bad relationship with reading, especially fiction books.
Speaker 2: You said something a little earlier about like your main philosophy or your main Outlook, what is that?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to pick up on something you said earlier. You said it in the same breath as the saying that your dad was an author. So I asked you that question. But I want to tell us to ask you about your main philosophy.
Speaker 5: Of what I would like to become in the future.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, Well I always.
Speaker 5: Wanted to start my own business. But I started a clothing business and my friend, I'm not a big clothing person, but he liked clothing a lot, so you know, we went with that business. It didn't really work out because I think I just wasn't good at marketing that well, and I think I spent on the wrong things, and you know, but at the end of the day, I think, if you know, in the right industry, you just it's just very hard to succeed. But yeah, so I hope one day in the future I can stand out of business, hopefully be successful, be something that I like more, in the industry that I like more. But you know, for now, I'm kind of just focusing on making enough money too to be able to live comfortably at a young age. I think that's I think that's a dream for now. Sometimes I think it over the ambitious, but I think, you know, baby steps.
Speaker 2: What is the economy like in in Koala?
Speaker 5: It's well, it's not bad. Anyone from Malaysia will obviously tell you about the corruption back then. Now it's not it's not it's not too bad. It's not like some countries where it's just so blatant. But yeah, I don't know if you heard about it. I think maybe someone may have called in before and talked about it.
Speaker 1: But have you heard of one m dB.
Speaker 2: I have never heard of one m dB.
Speaker 4: What is that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's like our prime minister back then he Okay, I'm not the best way to ask about this because you know, sometimes I don't look up too many things about my country. But basically, there's a bunch of money laundering and text they took the taxpayers money for themselves. And but you know, you know the Wolf of Paul Street, right, yeah, the movie. The guy who produced the movie and funded it is from my country and he used the he got money to fund I have.
Speaker 2: Heard of this. I have heard of this. Yeah, he's from he's from Malaysia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then he he kind of fled.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm gonna look this guy up, wolf of what No, his name is Jolo Street. But does that have something to do with the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the prime minister.
Speaker 2: Then one mdb skety Yeah, this guy Riza asease.
Speaker 1: It's uh.
Speaker 4: The main guy's name is jo j hh o o w oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so there's a lot of corruption. But how's the like like this, Like I'm I'm talking like, how's like the cost.
Speaker 5: Of not a lot of corruption? But yeah, oh yeah, possibly being not too bad. Like you know, how a lot of white people go to Bali or like Asian countries. I think my country is becoming more popular in that aspect because sure it might not be as polished as Singapore. It's definitely way cheaper than Singapore. But it's it's not bad.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Some sometimes people we talk talk smack about like the country a little, but it's actually really not that bad. And there are a lot of things to like about it as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, of course of living isn't too bad.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm speaking from a point of view where I don't pay for that many things, but it's it's rather affordable.
Speaker 2: So like Okays, so you guys are getting the Bali treatment where people are going to Malaysia and they're starting fucking yoga studios and stuff like that. What how does that affect you guys? Is that is that bad?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Will people always say that it is?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not really that bad.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: People from other countries would mainly go through the city area where prices can get quite expensive, or like expats with in certain areas where they hike the prices up. But if you stay away from those areas, I don't mind paying to eat in those areas every now and then, and the food's always good and the environment's quite nice. But there's always a cheap option in this country, and and it's a it's a reasonable option, like we have cookie giums and mamas. I'm sure you don't know what those means, but basically it's like like small stalls where the food would be.
Speaker 1: In US.
Speaker 5: He probably three dollars or less.
Speaker 2: Do do people?
Speaker 4: Uh uh? Do you like?
Speaker 2: Do you like Malaysia? Do you see yourself living there for a long time? Or do you want to leave?
Speaker 5: I've always been the guy who wants to leave.
Speaker 2: I can tell that about you.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I don't. I don't hate my country. I like my country, and I think I like it more over time because I started seeing the good and things. But I think, especially recently, I started kind of like have you watched Eternal Sun China to Spotless mind? I'm going off, I have I watched it? Yeah, that's my favorite movie all the time. You can talk about that later, but so you know how like, okay, spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched it, because it's a very good movie, but you know how like they wanted to eraise each other, and you know, and surely it was like kind of a doctor relationship and whatnot. But towards the end of the movie, you they actually regret their decision and want to reverse it. That's that's how I felt recently, I mean to an extent, and also because I made some money trading, so it's just and being rich in this country is quite nice because everything's rather affordable, so you know, like the money I would make, it would be like I would be able to spend a lot more of it here because everything's slightly cheaper than Australia or the US. So I mean, yeah, So I started thinking about, like if I had money, I would actually kind of like staying here more because life would like I tried to move to Australia. I think it just started next year to transfer universities. But I thought about, like if I had like the money, if I was making decent money or good money over here versus Australia, I would be a rich person over here, but over there I would be you know, maybe up middle class.
Speaker 2: What do you say.
Speaker 5: In university, I'm studying finance right now. I used to study computer science. I did that for like one semester, and then I realized, like the job markets kind of you know, I'm not well. I mean, it's bad, but it's also shifting too fast, and by the time I finished university, you know, be completely different. So I think that was a bit too volatile. And I've always liked finance for all my life, so I thought that's just a safer, more interesting option.
Speaker 2: Oliver, Oliver, Oliver, Well, Oliver, h thanks for giving us your this little window into your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks for calling I okay to this the thanks. Then I feel like I'm like very slightly suited, and I get quite annoyed. That well, not annoyed, but like you know when some tallers all like, you know, they don't have me dogs, and I'm like, but no one, no one knows it's you. No one knows that you're vlaye, like you know, no one cares. But to an extent, I also feel quite filtered, because.
Speaker 1: You know who knows?
Speaker 2: You feel quite if? I'm sorry, you feel quite what.
Speaker 1: Southed?
Speaker 2: You feel filtered?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: F I T L E R E D filtered?
Speaker 1: Yeah I f I.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, sorry, fucked that up? Why do you what do you mean? What do you mean by you feel filtered?
Speaker 1: I don't know I.
Speaker 5: Feel like I can't see something, so I'm not I'll not see some things, but I feel like I don't know. I feel like my life is a lot deeper than the things I said. I feel like I said the surface level things that I don't mind other people who may know me hearing may you.
Speaker 2: And jose Man. You guys, there's no there's there's no perfect way to do this. You know, this is I feel like we got a pretty decent window into your life. Yeah, is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, Oliver, Mmm.
Speaker 5: I'd like to say, yeah, I know it doesn't have to be inspirational, but uh, just don't don't give up, and you know, just keep moving forward because at energy as long as you try, there's a possibility that things may turn out.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling, Oliver, Thank you yet, see you man, see you Hello. Hello, Hey, it says here you wanted to talk about Spider Man two.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Toby Maguire, okay, Spider two.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, so I like Spider Man two, but I'm honestly, like not that knowledgeable about it.
Speaker 3: I just had like an obsession with Spider Man two for a while and.
Speaker 2: What do he likes so much about Spider Man two?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's silly.
Speaker 4: We got we got Toby being all silly and his acting's really bad.
Speaker 2: Nervis he's the best. Yeah, he's like one of the fan favorites. I like that scene in Spider Man three when he becomes evil and then makes some like horny and stuff and he like starts walking out being all crazy.
Speaker 4: I actually haven't even seen Spider Man three or the first Spider Man, but I've only seen Spider Man two.
Speaker 2: What made you want to talk about Spider Man two?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't really want to talk about it that much. It was more just like something to say. I also got confused earlier. I thought that I got on the phone with you, but I was just your h your system thing, okay, because I heard you talking and I was like, you did, Tim, But it wasn't you.
Speaker 2: Do you often run into situations on a day to day basis in which you feel confused.
Speaker 3: Sometimes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say I get confused fairly often. But also a part of my job, I can't really get too confused, uh, because I work as an ASL interpreter. So if I'm confused then I can't really do my job very well.
Speaker 2: Did you get confused today at all?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, dude, I was just so confused. I was trying do you know what a Razor Tartarus is?
Speaker 2: No, what is a Razor Tartarus.
Speaker 4: It's it's like an ergonomic gaming keyboard which you used with only one hand, so you have like access to like fourteen keys with one hand, and it kind of like fits your your palm really well. It looks kind of like futuristic.
Speaker 2: Look it up. I'm going to look it up.
Speaker 1: What is it again?
Speaker 4: It's yeah, you know the brand Razor, like the green like snakes gamer brand, the Razor tartarists like Tar t ar Us or something.
Speaker 2: Wow, this looks cool. This looks fucking crazy, fucking Thanos's gauntlet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was trying to like fix it because one of the like the space bar thing is like jammed on it, so I can't like really use it very well. So I was trying to fix it. So I bought like some tiny screwdrivers, but I was just like taking a bunch of screws out and like it just wasn't coming apart. I don't know what the hell is what I was doing, but I pulled some things out and I think the space bar is working better now.
Speaker 2: Is it for like disabled people, like one handed people?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so, because you have to like use that in combination with a with a with a mouse like that being a stationary it's not also a mouse. Yeah, No, it's just uh, just for people who want to be more ergonomic with their gaming.
Speaker 2: I guess do you play a lot of World of Warcraft? No?
Speaker 4: I play League of Legends with it, or I used to play League of Legends with it. I haven't used it in a while because it's broken. I was like thinking I was going to use it again, but I don't know. It's also kind of weird to get used to.
Speaker 3: I'm not that good. I'm gold too in League of Legends.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: I'm I feel like that's right around average, maybe a little bit above average.
Speaker 2: What do you think about all.
Speaker 3: What I think about all day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think about what am I missing? What am I not doing?
Speaker 4: I always think I'm like forgetting something, so I'm always trying to think of what it is that I'm forgetting.
Speaker 3: Mm and where I'm needed.
Speaker 2: It sounds really stressful.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I don't know that's that's in my current day to day thinking. Because I'm at a new job right now and I'm the only person there who does what I do. I'm kind of needed around the whole building.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you're the only person there that thinks?
Speaker 3: Uhh No, there's a lot of thinking going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are your thoughts typically good ones or bad ones?
Speaker 3: Good or bad? I don't I know, No, I I don't think that I ascribe good or bad to my thoughts.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I respect that you don't have a value judgment on the thoughts. You just the thoughts are thoughts. Yeah, yeah, respect, i'd say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you're a sign language interpreter, I am. What if someone wants to say something and there's no signage for that, Like if, like you just said the word ergonomic, if someone's ergonomic, is there a do you have a way to sign the word ergonomic?
Speaker 4: So yeah, what I'm thinking to do, I would probably sign like comfortable, match your hand, like you kind of expand on the concept.
Speaker 1: And sort of. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of what interpreting is is you don't say the exact word or one to one, so you come up with like a couple words that describe.
Speaker 2: The meaning of that word, okay.
Speaker 4: And sometimes like for that word, I would probably like if I'm working with like adults or something, I would finger spell out the word ergonomic because a lot of deaf people are also bilingual, so they might want that word too. So it depends on who you're working with. Like, if you're working with like a little kid, I'm not going to finger spell out the word ergonomic because they're gonna be like, okay, a bunch of letters.
Speaker 3: They just want to know that. It's like comfortable, though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What got you into sign language? Interpreting?
Speaker 3: Just like the language?
Speaker 4: And then I kind of just went into college and didn't quite know what I was wanting to do. So I was like, it seems cool. I like this language. There's a bunch of classes where I can learn the language and also learn this other skills.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, have you ever met a deaf person?
Speaker 2: I actually don't know if I've ever met Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's plenty of sleepers out there.
Speaker 2: Plenty of sleepers, like like sleeper self.
Speaker 3: You just you don't know if they're deaf or not. There's a lot of people out there.
Speaker 2: Are you deaf?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not deaf.
Speaker 4: You know you have talked to a deaf guy, the deaf motorcycle guy.
Speaker 2: Right, deft. Please tell me more about this, because I'm sure I remember it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He he shouted out his instagram when you talked with him and you were like please don't die, and he's like okay. He was like he was like really crazy on his motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I like to show out, and he remember, Okay, maybe yeah, I remember motorcycle. I don't remember him being deaf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at least that's like what his like instagram is called. So I'm like, I I feel like I remember that, but maybe I'm maybe not.
Speaker 2: Can you be deaf and still use the phone.
Speaker 4: And use the phone? Yeah, like to make a phone call. Yeah, it's uh, there's a service for that. It's called video relay services. So they have an interpreter who's sitting in like a like an office somewhere interpreting phone calls. So yeah, someone and people people be doing.
Speaker 1: Phone sex.
Speaker 2: People with the video with an interpreter too. So they're just they're I've heard about that. They're just motioning like the the like the okay, symbol with like the other fing and you're going in and out of the hole.
Speaker 3: Basically.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's probably just like actual dirty talk, just like what other what other people do, because they wouldn't do that because if they're talking with the hearing person doing that motion, like the interpreter would have to like describe that to the person they're on the phone list, So that would probably be more like a FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Call directly with the person.
Speaker 2: What's your name again?
Speaker 1: My name is uh, Toby, Toby.
Speaker 2: Toby, like your boy Tobey yep, spider Man two.
Speaker 3: My name is Toby, Toby.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: No, nothing else.
Speaker 2: Keep doing good work for America, Toby.
Speaker 3: America, for our country.
Speaker 2: That is what sign sign language an inherently American thing, American sign.
Speaker 4: Language, American sign languages. But there's tons of other sign languages all over there.
Speaker 2: Probably there's probably Paraguayan Sign language.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got it everywhere, They got their own languages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Toby, I'll see you around man, all right, talk to you later, Lyle. Thank you, Toby. That was Toby. This Chinese Sign language CSL, what other what's another country, Venezuela. There's a Venezuelan sign language. That's probably a thing. Does every Is there a North Korean sign language? I'm gonna look that up up North Korean Korean sign language. Oh, that's the thing. There's a there. It's North Korean sign language. It's distinct from Korean sign language. What's the difference?
Speaker 3: WHOA?
Speaker 2: That's crazy, yo. If you know, if anyone here knows a North Korean sign language, let me know. I don't know why I'm asking you to let me know, but I just want to know if someone knows it. All right, I think that's the podcast. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: My name is lyle I mcgeko. I appreciate you listening to the show. We have a We have a new episode up on the Patreon today, if anyone wants to listen to it Patreon dot com, slash lyle forever.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: I forget what the episode's about, so I'm going to play. I'm going to play a little clip of a preview of the episode right here first, and then I'll talk more about it. So let's hear a preview of the bonus episode.
Speaker 4: I am kind of an author, so I can so basically everyone thinks it's really difficult. But all you gotta do is really read a book. And I wrote two books and so I published them because you can like self publish. And it's like it's pretty interesting because people like comp to you and they like think you're this magnificent, like, oh my god, you've written two books. But it's like, yeah, I wrote them, you know, like, Okay, I don't know. It's a weird situation that I've found myself in.
Speaker 2: Well, I notice you texted me and you said you said, yo, GEK, how do you deal with online hate? Is that Is that something you experienced when publishing your books?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a little bit. It's so weird because, uh, you know, in today's day and age, you kind of got to you gotta play the social media game, you know. So I post quite a bit about it, and uh, it's just it's just random, like people just I don't know, I don't know. It's like I think it's I think it's the internet. You know, it just makes people a little more. They can say whatever they want, you know, and then they'll just comment rude things and it's like, okay, did you did you really think that or are you just like commenting that because you can. You know, it's really weird.
Speaker 2: That's the answer to the question of how do you deal with online Hey?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not. It's just you know, who fucking cares? Who fucking cares? You know what I mean? Like, just who fucking cares? There's so many like things going on on the planet.
Speaker 1: And like.
Speaker 2: For someone if someone someone like writing about that they don't like you on the internet, it's just it's just like, who fucking cares. It's so we're we're in such a like posts I was going on, I went on a rant about how like with furries, like like people aren't people don't I feel like I feel people. I feel like people don't make fun of furries as much anymore because we're in such a like crazy society that it's like shit, that's like shit like the millennial core era of like, oh that's cringe is like that stuff is like that's like nothing compared to like all the all the crazy cultural hostilities that exist around us and existential threats that we're all kind of like seeing. Now. It's like, you know, who gives a fuck about someone like dressing up in a costume anymore. Okay, that was a preview of this week's bonus episode on patrion dot com slash Lyle Forever. I think the link is also in the episode description. It's got a bunch of bonus episodes. So there's that one, there's the other ones. But this was a good This was a good podcast. I felt good about this. We talked to we talked to Rindy, we talked to the ketamine guy, we talked to Malaysian, the Malaysian man. It was a good episode. I felt good about this one. I think this was I think this is what we needed today. That's it. I don't have anything else to plug. So I'm a gecko. I'm Lyle. I'm here, I'm around. I'm around if anyone wants to say hi, or if ever anything else. Ghak bless you all. Have a good night. See you next time.
Speaker 1: Goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night, goes Hi's teaching you a loud
Speaker 2: He's not read an expert.