Speaker 1: I recently went to my mom's house for a visit, and a few years ago, and by a few years ago, I mean probably a decade or more, A few times a few I my mom gave me all of my boy Meets World stuff that she still held on too, like all the teen magazines, all of my photo albums with you know, TGI Friday dates and you know me and Andrew Keegan, me and every guest star cute boy that came around who I went to Islands with, Like I, she gave me all of that stuff, and so a lot of it's very cool, Like I have an original copy of my calendar that I did in nineteen ninety six, and I have my posters, and like I mentioned, all the teen magazines where my mom put little post it note tabs in them with all my friends that were in there. So the writer will Jonathan Andrew, you know, really cute. And so I don't think often when I go to my mom's house that there's gonna be stuff from my childhood that she still wants to give me. But this time I walk in, we're sitting there talking, she goes, oh, by the way, I found something I thought you might want to have and I go what is it? And she comes out with this.
Speaker 2: Is that the hair you cut off?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: It's my hair from the initial chop I did on the hair cutting episode. It's the Actually, it's the one from where I grabbed it and did that ane shall chop. It's that handful. And from this pile is what we then gave away to people in the audience.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, im that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember you giving some out to the audience, but I thought you gave it all the way.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you have.
Speaker 1: An I have the chunk. I have the biggest chunk.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do with it?
Speaker 1: I have absolutely no idea. I'll tell you that. What I did was I put that baggie in this baggie that says hair from Boy Meets World haircut because I suggestions stumble around.
Speaker 2: Interesting take. I was gonna say, charity auction, charity auction, auction it off for charity. You know how many people would.
Speaker 1: Do Those whoever buys that, what do they do with it?
Speaker 2: Do your care?
Speaker 3: As long as charity gets gets with all the money people the hair. If you think with the amount of fans we've seen, do you not think Topanga first Chop haircut from arguably one of the most famous episodes we've ever had, would sell on the internet. That would be one of the things where we would look at each other going like, not because you can't believe it's up fourteenth it's fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: How is it at fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wouldn't be because people want hair its because people would be like having the piece of history, and you would love to give the money to charity.
Speaker 2: It's TV history.
Speaker 3: When when Alan all his boots and and dog tags from mash came up for charity auction, I was like, maybe I'll have a shot.
Speaker 2: They went for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Or why didn't you have a shot?
Speaker 5: Will?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you?
Speaker 2: You did because I love eating every day just say.
Speaker 1: Charity So like having a roof over your head.
Speaker 2: Yes, TV stuff, I mean the nostalgia stuff, it's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I'll give you.
Speaker 4: I'm keep it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna say sit in the bag in my garage.
Speaker 4: Your kids are going to open it and be like until I die.
Speaker 1: And my kids are like, why did she leave us all this stuff to throw away and they gage, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then your kids would make a foodo.
Speaker 1: Doll listen as long as they summons me after I'm gone with the hair.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's not the right way to make a voodaell. You're totally off.
Speaker 1: How do you make a voded do?
Speaker 2: I can' I don't want to tell. I don't want to put out there on the internet. I don't want people to know.
Speaker 1: Dark web, dark web.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a real thing.
Speaker 3: By the way, what like like the dark web, like you had to like there was an address like www dot dark web dot com. Like I don't know anything. It doesn't dark web. Isn't that just kind of a catch all for just bad things?
Speaker 2: Dark web?
Speaker 1: No, it's an actual place.
Speaker 2: God, I don't even know the light web.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the dark web, a wrestler from the WWE, a guy named Shiloh Hill. I don't know why he was on the dark Web. I don't I truthfully do not know how one gets to the dark web. But it is another part of the web where it's harder or near impossible to trace things. So it's a place where nefarious.
Speaker 2: Sales and it's not your an alley on the web exactly Harry Potter, Okay, yes.
Speaker 1: And so this guy found a website that was selling shoes, and the weird thing about the shoes is that they were all stained with like a very dark substance. And then the shoes were all named something like a person's name, and sometimes they had the name and an age, so like Matt twenty eight, and then it would just be shoes covered in some disgusting substance. So this wrestler decided to purchase a pair of Cowboy boots because they were the only pair of shoes that were in his size. He's a size thirteen. He bought a pair of Cowboy boots from the dark Web and was like, honestly, the odds that these are actually gonna arrive are slimmed to none. I probably just got scammed out of money and I just, you know, gave money to somebody. But the boots did arrive. And then he got a black light and the spray you can use, and it tested positive for blood, and so the boots were covered in blood and all it has is somebody's name attached to it. So he was doing like Instagram's lives and stories kind of like following up and like, I don't know, I don't know. I yeah, I oh. When it came, I forgot massive part of the story. It came with a tape. The Boots arrived with a VHS tape.
Speaker 4: This sounds like some cool like escape room game or something. I like, I mean, it's just too good to actually be true. It was on what well did he watch the tape?
Speaker 1: I mean something, the full Web, the full Dark Web VHS is up, And then he said, if you are someone who gets creeped out, do not watch here.
Speaker 2: Well, I get creeped out today.
Speaker 5: If you are easily freaked out, don't watch it. There's a lot of weird stuff in there. Basically, it's just a bunch of messages and old movie clips pasted together, and then there are a bunch of slots called submissions, where just as like a name and submission, some of those submission spots have videos inside of them where the Boots are shown, and if those are real, they're pretty messed up. I now know why they asked for my name, because there's a slot with my name created in there, but there's no video in mind right here really bothered me.
Speaker 4: You are.
Speaker 5: Herman. I posted that to my subs only and someone said to rewind it, so I did that and it says this.
Speaker 2: The devil that.
Speaker 1: Things all around that room all.
Speaker 4: Night will take.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's just weird.
Speaker 5: I need to figure out if the clips of the shoe stuff is like real or fake, because if it's real, it's bad. People have realized some creepy stuff with the names of the submissions that got rejected are also the names that are on the site. That once more people watch it and kind of come up with more information, I'll post a full analysis. Until then, I probably watched this whole thing like nine or ten times. It's getting to the point now where when I hear people not talking and rewind it sounds weird. So I honestly need to take a break for a little bit. Also, I think it's unrelated. I got a skin infection on my leg, which I honestly don't think is from the boots, but I'm now on antibiotics.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's from the boots, you're actually.
Speaker 4: Wearing the boots, Like, why would you ever want to put those on?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But when he said when he said there's then videos of the boots being that it's some.
Speaker 2: You guys just got ringed. You just got ringed on the dark Web.
Speaker 4: What amazons for you? He he pull find size thirteen in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, sure, but he wouldn't have this kind of storytelling.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the story is great. I love it.
Speaker 1: They did take crypto. I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: I don't want you by with crypto. No, no, you just got ringed. The next video that comes out you you can have a slot. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to follow along. His instagram is Shiloh Underscore WWE. So I have been deeply invested anyway. Welcome to not the Dark Web. This is podmeets World. I'm Daniel Fishl.
Speaker 2: I'm right or strong, and I'm still so creeped out for dell you.
Speaker 1: So welcome to today's episode recap. We are recapping season six, episode seventeen, Resurrection. It originally aired February nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine. The synopsis Corey struggles with his newborn brother's critical health condition, leading to tensions with Tapanga, who tries to support him as they await news of the baby's recovery. Also, Eric moves out of his apartment. It was directed by Jody Binstock her first episode. Hey, did she do more than one?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. Okay, but she was around for like since season five, I guess because she was following Jeff mccraften around and learning, and then she shot our opening credits.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, we talked about how she shot like all the cool stylized opening credits parts.
Speaker 2: Did she do the second version or just the first one?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I know she was there for the first one and she had like an eight millimeter or sixteen milimeter camera. Yeah, but yeah, I don't remember she was there for the second one.
Speaker 1: It was written by Erica Montalfo. Burrah her first episode as well. No, yay, Yeah, she did.
Speaker 4: The poetic license. Yeah, so I think she was part of the team from the beginning of season six.
Speaker 1: She has said that she was. That's something we have to ask her when we interview her. She said she did three seasons. Oh, which means that she was there from season five, but she didn't have any scripts in season five.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So yeah, she's right. She wrote an ode to Holden Callfield.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so yeah, we want to ask her because maybe it's possible that her fellowship was season five, right, and then season six and seven she was an official writer on the payroll. Okay, so before I jump into our guest ours, do you guys want to share your overall thoughts.
Speaker 4: I mean, we are just we are in soap opera land. It's really really dramatic, really intense. I mean, lots of hospitals, three monologues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody kind of gets one.
Speaker 4: Everyone gets a monologue. Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel like this is just one of those episodes of Boy Meets World that you either love because it adds such a level of seriousness and intensity to a show that otherwise is you know, super fun, or like me, at this point, you're kind of sick. You're just like, can we just get back to the the fun stuff.
Speaker 3: Wasn't this the episode where because we felt memory serves that we felt the weight of this on the set too, where we had two or three in a row where we were like, dude, this is getting real and we voiced that during a note session and Michael got.
Speaker 2: Up and walked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah he really Yep.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't discuss because this was kind of based on his life. This is what happened to Joshua and Michael is obviously, as we'll get into is the is the man praying over the one of the niek you bast it's and so this was very near and dear to him. But we were I think, and we didn't we didn't come at it in a disrespectful way, but we were kind of clapping back a little bit where it's like, this is very heavy for multiple episodes in a row.
Speaker 2: And he just got up and left, just got up. He didn't say he walked out.
Speaker 4: He also became that rabbi character because of the pushback. Oh really really yeah, because it was in the script and we did our first run through and I remember Ben. I don't I don't remember saying much myself, but I remember Ben being like, this is just too much, and he was like voicing it during notes, and Michael was like, this really happened to me. There really was a rabbi in the hospital, and I'm not going to change it no matter what you say, so much so that I'm going to get in the costume and I'm going to play the part. It was like a big, like one optionman ship back to Ben like no, no, no, we're not changing it, and so I'm going to be the guy and so we were.
Speaker 2: Like, oh okay, and he was, man, Yeah, it was. That's what I remember most about this week. And also lobster. I know, did you see it? No?
Speaker 1: I did. I saw it once. I saw it in the student union over Bill's shoulder. It's like in the refrigerating in the bakery cabinet, in the bakery cabinet, which I think is supposed to be like a refrigerated section, okay, and it's like right here in Bill's in Bill's.
Speaker 4: Shoulder, Ye, totally.
Speaker 3: And then in the boys apartment it's always hanging on the fridge. Okay, it's just it's I'm I look back now and I'm not gonna harp on it anymore.
Speaker 2: Go find it yourself. But it's distracting.
Speaker 1: Don't mind it being on the fridge at all. That feels like something that you could just Yeah, there was a magnet. They had a lobster magnet in the But when it was in the bakery case, I was like, why would there be.
Speaker 3: A lobster because it's just throwing it funny.
Speaker 2: By the way, I.
Speaker 3: Totally agree with Rider. It's just it's a it's a very heavy episode. Corey isn't very likable.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I get why they're trying to not make them likable, but you know they want to turn. I thought the Shawn entrance was great because that's what he's looking for. But the idea that Corey has been this unlikable for several episodes and Tapang is the one that needs to change I found to be a little like, really, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't track the logic of any of that, And I was like, hold my hand back to I like Tapega's like the conversations about Tapanga's character, and like I liked this idea that she's getting in touch with something, but I didn't. It didn't track for me. I wasn't like, what is the logic here? Like she needs to care about them in order to I really don't know.
Speaker 1: He fell in love with me because I was a distraction. I was a funny, quirky distraction from real life, and so whenever anything tough is going on for him, he just needs me to be his safe space, which involves dancing and lipstick on my face and anything other than that is not good enough and then like, yes, exactly what you said. The framing of it being like, well, I can't do that for you, and then Sean walking in and being like the one to do it for him. It's like, honestly, go Mary, Sean, y just do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't my favorite either. It's just yeah. And I didn't realize this is this is how Tommy starts.
Speaker 3: There's no kind of conversation, He's just there and this is the same I.
Speaker 1: Saw the exact same thing. I was like, wait, is this the first time we're seeing Tommy since Christmas, which was seven episodes.
Speaker 2: Ago something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then all of a sudden he's just now he's with Eric. There was no like I'm going to go become a big brother or re meeting Tommy or something. There just have apparently been in each other's lives and we just didn't know it.
Speaker 1: I know it is.
Speaker 2: It was a weird episode for me.
Speaker 1: It was a weird episode for me, agreed. So guest starring McNally Sagel as doctor Taylor and then we have Donna Pontato as nurse. She also appeared on shows like Third Rock from the Sun, and Judging Amy. We have Sue Kremen as Karen. Sue is a common TV guest star, showing up on shows like Spin City, Homeland, and most recently Alaska Daily. We have Clarence A. Barnes as Paul and Michael Fairman is doctor Markman. Michael has had a prolific forty year career in Hollywood, with early stops on Charlie's Angels and eighteen episodes of Cagney and Lacy. However, he is best known as Patrick Murphy on The Young and the Restless and from movies like Dead Silence, Thirteen Days and David Lynch's Mulholland Drive.
Speaker 4: G B.
Speaker 1: Gaynor returns for his second appearance as Tommy. This is his second of three episodes. And Cameron and Corbyn Err are the infants who played baby Joshua Matthews in The Incubator. The twins would also play infants in the Baseball movie sixty one, and Cameron is credited also as moon Bounce Kid in Eddie Murphy's Norbit. Neither have acted in Debt Gates, but boy, I sure would like to find them. They are almost thirty now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: They were great in this In sixty one it was trite, right, their their performance was trite in sixteen I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought they were pushing. It was like they knew who they were by that way. Yeah, baby, it was a little much.
Speaker 1: What kind of training do you even have? You know, like, yeah, very obvious.
Speaker 2: I didn't buy it. I didn't buy it totally.
Speaker 1: And then, as we mentioned, there is one other cameo, mister Michael Jacobs, but we will get into that later.
Speaker 4: Is he actually credited.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: I didn't see it. I don't think so, not credited. It has lines, so it has two lines.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's sag?
Speaker 4: I mean he started as an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if, Like I wonder if he's a sag actor.
Speaker 4: I mean you can't do a sag role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd have to.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: They might have tasted heartleaed them that day, just we can maybe, I wonder.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Jumping into our recap, we start in the hospital, Nick you boy, Matthews is in an incubator with a card attached, noting that he weighs only five pounds zero ounces. Sleep deprived, Amy and Allen are nervously waiting by the baby when doctor Taylor walks in. She introduces the Matthews to Charlie Markman, a ne natal pulmonary specialist who will be taking over their case. Amy's concerned, but doctor Taylor assures them that they are in good hands and she leaves. Alan asks the new doctor if their baby will die, and Amy emphatically states no, but doctor Markman admits, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He reveals it's a wow, I mean, so intense, so literally is the baby going to die? In the first scene. Also, going back to the last episode, I found it interesting that throughout this episode, Amy is like in a robe and acting like she's tired or like frail, like she's recovering, whereas in the last episode, immediately after a C section, she was like burkie and reading and happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like to keep in mind we're getting into possible dead baby three episodes after dead CHET, I know, two episodes after dead CHET. I mean it's like, what decided where in the arc of the season did they go, you know.
Speaker 2: We need lots more death or possible death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of such a strange choice, Like I just don't why, you know, I mean, why did Oneman's world go this route.
Speaker 3: It's really well because I mean I get I get them doing it with the baby, because Michael's writing what he knows. Okay, I get that, but coming right off the heels of Chet, it's just it's so much right in a row.
Speaker 1: As we know, the baby doesn't end up dying, and so it really kind of I surprise spoiler. It does kind of speak to like if you look at a life cycle, someone dies and then new life gets born and before that new life is fine. It could go either way, and so there's heaviness along the road, but it's not. If the baby died, I'd be like, what were they thinking? Why would they kill a baby? And chit within three episodes of each other.
Speaker 4: But we've also had Sean angela breakup. I know this whole season is sort of driven by tragedy well, and.
Speaker 1: It feels like very much like the last two episodes, with the amount of times Topanga has said sometimes things change, it feels very much like a motto or a theme. The whole theme for the show being that tragedy will eventually strike us all into in one capacity is.
Speaker 2: Really probable exactly Shama's big right now.
Speaker 1: So let me also, I don't want us to forget that there have been traumatic and tragic things that have happened in individual people's lives. So you know, there's lots of reasons, but it does feel certainly like a change of show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean to the point where and we'll get into this as we progress.
Speaker 2: The audience didn't know how to react. I know you heard them at times like should we cheer here? Do we not Shane's back?
Speaker 4: Do we yell?
Speaker 2: Like everything was There'd be two or three very long beats.
Speaker 3: Before there was a reaction from the audience because they they also didn't know what.
Speaker 2: To do, right.
Speaker 1: They were like, are we just supposed to sit here silently?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What happens now? Do we laugh? Is okay to laugh at jokes? Like it was strange? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, he reveals that the baby has had a respiratory infection from an early loss of amniotic fluid. They're going to administer a course of antibiotics over the next ten days. By the way, babies have long issues and breathing anytime they're born, Like, your lungs developed last in the womb, So if you're anything more than like two weeks early, you are probably gonna have some sort of lung development development issue. As a matter of fact, of the reason Adler was when I when my water broke and I went to the hospital. The first thing they did was stop my contractions. They put me on Sonya magnesium to stop everything, and then they had to give me a series of steroid shots so that his it would speed up his lung development. So it doesn't just happened from the loss of amniotic fluid. It's also because the baby's seven weeks early. They're going to administer a course of antibiotics over the next ten days. Amy assumes that then they'll be able to bring him home after that, but doctor Taylor explains they will see where they are at that point and then woo in this bom mad's world, let me little jarring, not one laugh, Nope, not a one nope. Then we're in the hospital waiting room. To Penga sits next to Corey, cup of coffee in hand and looks extremely worried. Corey thinks everything's going to be okay, and to Panga says, I hope. So Corey's confused. What do you mean you hope? So you think something bad's gonna happen Tapanga reminds him that something bad has already happened. Corey admits, I know. I just want you to make everything.
Speaker 2: Better, okay, Doctor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: She wonders how she can do that, and he tells her to just be there with him. Tapega reminds him she's sitting right next to him, but Corey doesn't feel her like she is. I want us to be Corey and Topanga again, because then everything is okay. He holds out his hand and she asks how holding his hand will make everything better. He explains, I just want us to be the way we used to be. Valentine's Day used to be such a big deal to you.
Speaker 3: He's still talking about Valentin. Yeah, and I get what they're doing. I get he's supposed to be in denial of what's going on in the other room. Totally understand, but it doesn't come off well.
Speaker 1: Wolf Yeah to Panga is even more confused. Now, what does Valentine's Day have to do with this? Corey continues on, and I was the one who didn't want to hold hands, but you were the one who said that holding hands is like touching souls?
Speaker 4: Where did this come from? This is this is not the motivation last episode, it's about.
Speaker 1: To Pega is shocked. How do you remember that I said that years ago when I was a child. Corey says he remembers everything she said because it was important to him.
Speaker 3: He asks, why don't you he forgets everything?
Speaker 5: He does.
Speaker 3: All this in this scene almost more than anything else, and I'm not exaggerating. He gives off real serial killer vibes, like a no joke, go watch it again, where he's like, I remember everything you say and take my hand.
Speaker 2: Exactly dark.
Speaker 1: And just said to penga fifteen.
Speaker 4: From every haircut she's ever had.
Speaker 2: But you saw face his face too, like he's a crazy person.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: It's so possessive and demanding. It's just awful.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: Topanga urges him to look around. Does he know where he is? Corey ignores her questions and encourages her to take his hand to Pega, can't believe it. We're in the hospital. This is real. The reality is that your little brother is back there fighting for his life. Corey argues, no, reality is this hand to Panga takes his hand. I don't like it when you use us to hide from the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: Corey.
Speaker 1: He replies, I don't like it that you're not to Panga anymore. She's slowly released to.
Speaker 4: Find who you are, and you've lost track of who you are because it's me and me.
Speaker 2: You're not who you were when you were twelve. What the hell you've changed?
Speaker 4: Banka?
Speaker 1: Uh? Still not one laugh?
Speaker 4: We are now?
Speaker 2: Oh I was laughing by this.
Speaker 1: Okay, for the record, Well, congratulations to you. So then we're in the apartment. Eric is pretending to play basketball with his adopted little brother Tommy, demanding him to go left multiple times until the boy has to remind him that is his laugh. Eric apologizes marking our first joke of the show, which again, you you think it would land like.
Speaker 3: An explosion because we've come off that scene. But it's the first scene. Everyone's like exactly, there's no no, one's ready to last.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's the It was a tough laugh this week. Tough room.
Speaker 1: Tough room for sure.
Speaker 4: I mean there's literally a tradition of dead baby jokes, which the whole point of those jokes are that they're so inappropriate. Yeah, they know one funny that you would even ever tell them, And we are literally a dead Baby.
Speaker 1: Episode Yeah whole Dead Baby episode on a comedy. Tommy finally shoots a ball of laundry into an open suitcase and scores. Eric lifts him into the air and jumps up and down, the boy's body flailing in the air. They won the championship. They won the championship, and as a reward, Tommy gets to carry Eric's suitcase down to the car. Tommy is now unamused, not gonna happen, but Tommy still walks over to the suitcase to finish packing Eric's clothes for the big move and asks, why don't you get the big girl to carry it? Eric explains because big girls with the big old ract. Tommy wonders if that's why he's so sad, and Eric's siye, No, I'm not sad. Actually, that's the farthest thing from my mind. Tommy scoots back over to Eric. Well, something's wrong, you're acting different. Eric asks, yeah, how do I normally act? And Tommy frantically shakes his head back and forth while flailing his arms, yelling up and then Jack and Rachel walk through the door. Tommy is quick to greet them, Hi, big girl, Hi rat, It's cute. Eric Bee lines to a suitcase, but Jack and Rachel beg him not to leave. Eric still thinks it's the best thing to do, but Jack disagrees this is the last thing he should be thinking about right now. Rachel doesn't even think he should be in the apartment. Eric should be at the hospital. Eric cuts her off pancakes. Everyone is confused. He clarifies the international of hospital pancakes. Isn't that what you were gonna say? Jack wonders what's wrong with him? So Eric walks over to Tommy and places his hand over the boy's eyes. I don't want Tommy to know about the hospital.
Speaker 2: Good joke, really good joke.
Speaker 1: Tommy loudly whispers who's in the hospital. Eric s eyes and blames it on Rachel and Jack. He explains, I don't want him to know about the baby. The kid's got no family. He comes over here once a week to hang out with his big brother Eric. He doesn't need to know about this. Tommy hops off his stool. The kid wants to know who's in the hou hospital Eric, Eric reluctantly gives in, I've got this new little brother, but don't worry, because you're still my little brother too. But this new little guy, he's pretty sick. Tommy asks if they can go see him, and Eric is surprised to hear this. Tommy tells him, if he's your little brother, then isn't he my little brother too? And the inmates aw and Eric looks like he's about to burst into tears and will your hair is so long.
Speaker 3: It is, it's long and luxurious, and I don't know what the hell face I'm making at the end there.
Speaker 2: Oh, really it is the stranger.
Speaker 1: You're about to cry.
Speaker 2: It's it's like what it was a weird take, it was. I was like, what the hell is that face?
Speaker 4: I think it was an attempt at like awe, like you were kind of dam and then trying to share that with them, like.
Speaker 3: But I just got constipated. It just looked it was very strange choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it honestly felt like you were maybe going to make a joke, like you know what I mean, Like I thought maybe you were going to like improv like a button to the scene of like I don't know something that's sort of you know, And I wonder if you actually did and they just cut.
Speaker 3: It cut it, that's quite possible. But yeah, it was it was strange. It was a weird just a weird look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do think you're right the writer. It was a combination of awe at Tommy, but then also, guys, isn't this so cute? It was like inviting them in on the awe we Well, we're into Penga and Angela's dorm. Angela's on her bed wearing a go She is so stunning this headband she's wearing. The colors. They've just they've just nailed her.
Speaker 3: Look, Angela's even she's every time she's on screen, she'll have their giving her four lines and she's killing them.
Speaker 2: There. I know, this is my most real scene of the entire show. To me, was right here.
Speaker 1: Yep. Angela's on her bed studying. When Topega returns, Angela asks about the baby in a worried to Panga tells her there's been no change. She's really scared. Angela feels so bad for everybody and wonders how Corey is handling it. To Penga groans he's not, he's not even dealing with it. All he can talk about is holding hands and making everything go away, Like just because we're together automatically means we're protected from life. What is that? We're not kids anymore. Angela nods and agrees, No, we're not, and you're handling it very maturely. Topanga thanks her, but Angela clarifies that it wasn't a compliment. Everyone's mad at Topanga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't quick get this.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand.
Speaker 1: I didn't either, except for the idea that that in this storyline, the best way to Panga, the way Topanga isup is supposed to support Corey is by telling telling him everything's going to be okay, and you know, being her hippy dippy. When we hold hands, our soul's touch. Nothing in the world matters more than the love between two people.
Speaker 2: But Angela didn't know that.
Speaker 1: To Panga, No she did not. But apparently you if you are too mature about a situation and it's not even your situation, you are not helping. That's literally what this is.
Speaker 4: That's it. I just when she said that, I was like, did I miss something?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 4: Why is Angela criticizing her for mature and together? No?
Speaker 1: It it doesn't make any sense. But in the storyline of the show, everyone can see that Tapanga is not doing is not supporting Cory the right way.
Speaker 4: I mean, it'd be so easy to have Topanga like obsessing over a test she has to take, or like, you know, like literally avoiding this. Like if Topanga were the one doing what Corey's doing basically like oh, I've got to go do this or I'm I'm you know, like taking all this emotion and avoiding, then I could see it, because then you'd be like, hey, maybe you should be there for Corey or you know. But she is at the hospital, she's doing everything, She's taking care of everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's also willing to hold his hand. It's like she's not like not trying to be comforting at all. She's just really like she's being very realistic. I hope everything is going to be okay, and that now Y wants when we hold hands, our souls are touching, and if our souls are touching, what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And first apparently Angela agrees that these agrees. Yeah, the universe agrees. So Topanga defends herself. I'm not twelve anymore, and when I was, I was like the strangest kid in the universe. Angela laughs, You've still got some strange in you. Topanga remembers one time when she was trying to help Corey with the essence of this poem for school. She remembers going to his house and dancing all around his kitchen and putting lipstick all over her face. We see a glimmer of hippie Topanga. She raises her arms and mimics the donut and the sky movements from season one. Angela wonders why she remembers that story so well. Topanga admits, because I always thought that was the moment he fell in love with me. He always used to be the one to bring me back to reality. I don't know what happened to him. Angela explains, you did. You're the greatest influence in his life. To Panga, he needs you to take his hand, dance around him, help him through what's going on right now. Baby. Without you, all he has is reality. So again, like the perspective of the show is that A to Panga as a partner, needs to be the distraction from reality, because what other distractions are there?
Speaker 4: Look pretty dance, Look pretty dance. Yeah, I mean, god man, I mean I really, especially now hearing it back, I just feel like this is like a real jump the shark moment this episode because it's it's not only this like drama, which we've done drama before test a lot, but it's also when we start referencing our old episodes and relying on the sort of like this is who you are, this is who you and we need to get back to that. It's like a weird way to sort of actually try to get back to the good episodes, like when the show was good, or like it's like we're kind of mining our own material, which is not great for a show, you know, was in a sixth season, Like you can't come up with new stuff, especially like the pregnancy was supposed to be about introducing a new character potentially and a new avenue for Alan and Amy to have storylines, and instead it's becoming like, let's go back to what Tapanga was Topanga and like yeah, it's yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I know, and you know, it reminds me a little bit. It feels like maybe what they were trying to do was a little like what we did in the haircutting episode where Sean says to Tapanga, what's happened to you? This isn't the Topanga. I knew the Tapanga, I knew, you know, didn't paint her toe nails and always had you know, had all this confidence and now you've changed. And it made Tapanga look in the mirror and say, you're right, I don't like this version of me. And we praised that story. We loved that when that episode happened. This one feels different because it feels like a really like a strong judgment and she's and she's not. She's not doing anything wrong at all. Had to Penga been the one to maybe and and for it to, you know, for her to come to the realization that maybe something she could do if she was feeling like, man, I just don't know what to do to be there for Corey. I'm really struggling. I don't know. I feel like I used to know how to comfort him and now I don't needymore. If it were an internal struggle for Tapanga and for her to realize, you know, what I would have done back then. I would have had blind optimism that this was all going to work out, and I would have drawn on my face and it would have made him and she made the choice then to do that on her own. But like, instead, all these people are coming at her acting like, who the hell are you lady? What are you even doing in here? It feels very attacking for no reason. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't love it to now come back with like, why are you practical?
Speaker 2: Because hey, that was my thing. Now that's what you made. The character is unpractical. Now you're attacking me for the character you are to marry.
Speaker 1: Ye who have been for the last, by the way, five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again Topanga being a totally different character. We've talked about that and doing an episode about that great idea, don't leg it into now it's her fault that Corey very strange.
Speaker 1: So Tapanga takes this idea in Oh boy. Then we're in the student union. Corey approaches Foenie. Do I not cherish Topanga? Phoenie sarcastically announces, Oh, here we go into Corey Land. The little lobster's right here, right right there. Corey continues, Did I not raise her and bring her into my home? Phoene sternly asks who talks like you? Which I loved?
Speaker 4: Because raise her?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Raised her?
Speaker 2: What is I don't understand what that means? Is that a joke?
Speaker 1: Literally? Corey's talking like a father about a daughter. Did I not love her and raise her with respect and provide for her? That's literally what he's saying. And that's why Phoene says, thankfully, who talks like you? Because when he said it, I was like, what, Yeah? But I do think at least they tried to make it a joke that he he doesn't really mean that he raises me, but I raised me. But I think in the sense of like, have I not loved her her whole life? Have I not guarded her? Have I not been there? Have I not? It's yeah, Corey rants on, I go to you and I know exactly what I'm getting. Hello, mister Matthews, here's your sensible advice. I'm on my way. You are my sensible go to guy. But he feels that Tapanga is not what she used to be. Phoene wonders what did she used to be? Corey answers, not sensible. She was Tapanga now she's Phyllis Munson from Piscataway, New Jersey. Phoene tells him that Tapanga Lawrence is one of the best people he knows. Corey agrees, but what's wrong with her? Phoene's adamant. She's growing up, so are you. Cory asks why does she have to grow now at a time like this? Phoene gets serious. Do you want to go see how your little brother is doing? Corey says yes, and Phoene offers to go with him. Corey accepts the offer and the two begin to leave, but Corey warns him, my homework is going to be unbelievably late this week. Phoene says, yeah, what else is new? Then we're in the hospital Niku. Allan opens the room and greets another couple, Karen and Paul, who are hovering over their baby. He asks how their daughter is doing today, and the mother says she's doing a little better. He has a little more color now. Alan agrees, telling them she looks great. Alan makes his way to another father nearby, a Jewish man named Michael praying for his baby played by one mister Michael Jacobs. It is his only on screen Boy Meets World appearance. Ever, Alan asks how his son is doing, and Michael reveals I think he smiled at me. Before Alan leaves. He asks for a prayer for his boy too, and Michael responds, oh, these are for all of us. And just like last week where I was a little triggered, very triggered again by this whole scene.
Speaker 4: There is.
Speaker 1: Nothing that can prepare you for being on the Nike you floor and seeing all the different families and seeing all the different parents who wander the halls and their robes at all times of the day or night because they refuse to leave, and they refuse to go home, and you know you're there. You Sometimes you're a person who's already been there for a few days and somebody new comes in and they only have to be there for twenty four hours or forty eight hours and then they leave. And other times you've come in and there's someone who's been there for a long time before you arrived, and you leave long before them. And you know, there are kids who are in the NICKU or then the pediatric Intensive care unit for a year, and their families have to come and go, and you know, some depending on which hospital you go to, they offer gas cards. Sometimes families are driving hundreds of miles. They don't live close to the hospital, and it costs a fortune to be able to get there, and people still have to work, and so they're not even it's just it is truly a place where you feel a kinship with every other family there, and when you leave. You know, if you are any type of a person who prays or gives good vibes or thinks positive thoughts from the moment you end till the time you leave, you are doing that for every person there with you. So yeah, this was actually this was this was hard for me to watch.
Speaker 2: Us too, but for a totally different reason.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I think that that's a sign that it's effective. You know. Yeah, that's a counterpoint to everything that we've been saying, which is that here is a you know, it is based on a personal experience. It's yeah, it's speaking to your personal experience. So for all of you know, all of our eye rolling about the fact that The Boy Meets World is leaning into such a dramatic episode, it maybe it's appropriate, you know, maybe if you're think.
Speaker 3: Something would be more appropriate, and it would it would land easier if it wasn't surrounded by other really intense episodes.
Speaker 1: Or other really intense scenes like even like you said, then on the outside of the hospital room, Corey is mad at to Penga for something, and we're like wait, why does everybody feel it? Why is it such a downer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: It just with the whole chet thing coming off, the chet thing and Jack and Eric, you know, having problems and Rachel and it's everybody's having issues now. And so this what should be something super important that was somebody's personal experience that does affect a lot of people. That should have landed, not to say like a very special episode, but one that does stand alone as man, this is real life.
Speaker 2: We're going to hit you with real life in the mouth right now.
Speaker 3: It starts to get a little beige because everything has been like that now for several episodes, so it doesn't land with the same impact because you're hearing the same note now for three or four episodes in a row. So it's just more sadness on top of more sadness.
Speaker 2: Because I think you're right, writer, and what Danielle is saying, how.
Speaker 3: Much is affecting are we all know people that have had children and the nick you and and it is it's that becomes your life, So that itself should have had a much more powerful impact than it did because it's just now kind of bland because it just keeps happening over and over now with these episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then he finds Amy sleeping in a chair near their baby. He whispers some words of encouragement to the baby. Just as Amy opens her eyes. Joshua Alan is startled. What does she mean? Amy explains, I decided on Joshua Joshua Gabriel Matthews. Gabriel means he who God protects. Alan now wants to know how Joshua is doing today, and Amy says the doctor suggests they talk to him and tell them who they are. The couple stick their hands inside of the incubator. As Alan introduces himself as dad. He tells his baby that he loves him and he wants him to get better. He repeats Joshua Gabriel's name and then desperately asks God for help. Outside, Eric and Tommy are looking in on their new baby brother. Eric proves to Tommy that the baby is still here, but it's time to go back home now. Tommy asks if Eric's coming back to the hospital after he drops him off, and Eric nods, yeah, I'm gonna come right back here and I'm going to tell him all about you. I'm going to tell him how he spent the whole day with him. Tommy assures him he knows I'd it. Eric smiles and kisses Tommy's head, but Tommy isn't having it. Hey, Eric's admits, all right, come on, saddle up. He kneels down and toppy Tommy hops onto his back. Gidea Porsy.
Speaker 2: It's a cute relationship. The Tommy Eric is a very cute relationship.
Speaker 3: It really works Eric with kids because in some ways he's the adult and in some ways he's on their level.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, it really. It's so cute. Between any time that Tommy.
Speaker 4: Is smarter than you could come back, it's just great.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it really works.
Speaker 1: The two walk through the hospital waiting room, which is filled with all of the friends in Matthew's family. Tommy says goodbye to each and every one of them by name ending with Rachel and Jack, Big Girl, and Rat. Once again. To Panga, loudly states Corey, I feel like we're really distant. Everyone looks up and we see that they are literally sitting across the room from each other. He loudly responds, why would you say that to Panga admits because for the first time in my life. I feel like I don't know how to give you what you need. Corey wonders why not, and Tapeka says because they can't go through life together if he expects her to change his reality. Corey winds, well, you used to be able to. Everyone is watching the conversation back and forth like a tennis match, which gets an oddly placed laugh. Tapega responds, we were kids. Nothing bad ever happened. The worst thing that happened was when your pop tart fell on the ground. Corey agrees. And you held it up to the sky and you said God made dirt. Dirt won't hurt, right. Tapenga says it was still dirty, but Corey points out that he ate it anyway. He didn't have to, but he did because she said too. He finally walks over to her, I want you to make everything better. To Panga, she shakes her head. We can't have that relationship anymore. Corey keeps asking why, and she finally admits, I don't know how to be like that anymore. Corey, this is bad. There isn't anyone who can make it better. And on cue the elevator door's open.
Speaker 4: Here's someone who's gonna make it better.
Speaker 1: Guess who's gonna make it better? Shone, it's Shonsi with a big Smiley's eyes light up and they give each other a big hug. We get another imate.
Speaker 4: Cory correct he actually respects individual.
Speaker 1: The Levey wants the love who just knows how to give him what he needs about being asked.
Speaker 4: Who him everything? Because Sean has nothing and has needed a family and needed all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean grabs Corey's shoulders. Listen, Everything's going to be all right. Corey makes sure you think and Sean nods, I know. The boy's hug again is a concerned to Panga looks on, and then there's a commercial break. We're back in the hospital waiting room and Sean says he tried calling them at the dorms and Angela told him what happened, so he drove back as fast as he could. He exchanges helloes with mister Foene and asks how the baby's doing. Tapega tells him it's very serious, but Cory assures him that everything's going to be fine. So so to Panga details he's so small he's having a hard time breathing and he can't fight the infection. Corey knowingly states again he's going to be fine. To Pega begs Sean to talk to him, she can't get through to him. He'll listen to his best friend. Sean nods he can handle it. He turns to Corey and grabs him by the shoulder. Man, are we going to have so much fun with this kid? Corey happily agrees. The kid is going to be our slave. Funny funny slave jokes, well.
Speaker 2: Dead baby slave. We're trying to hit it all.
Speaker 4: Has Sean ever really been the like cheer up guy. Sean's the downer. Sean's the moody.
Speaker 1: Sean's the one who's like he still died.
Speaker 4: I don't this is not Sean. No, I don't know what's happened. It's yeah, shoehorning characters into philosophy.
Speaker 1: Yes, or real life experience, and then we're just like, we'll just have these characters do this thing.
Speaker 3: Do either of you know, did Michael have a Sean? Did we meet like friend? Sean McCracken is yeah, because he didn't, and then McCracken until they were in they were much late in life and now, but I do think.
Speaker 4: They have McCracken identified with Sean, Yeah, as this, I don't know. That's my assumption is that you know their twenty something friendship was a very was the basis. Yeah, a Sean Corey dynamic.
Speaker 1: They go back and forth about what fun they're going to have teaching him everything they know and bailing him out of jail. To Penga sits next to mister Feoenie and asks him to say something, but Corey cuts her off to jokingly tell Feenie, I think you're going to have another Matthews to teach Sean grins and maybe he'll have a kid like me to sit next to. Corey punches back, Well, he won't have to, because you'll still be there. They let out over the top laughs at their comedy routine. To Pega asks Phoene again, isn't he going to say anything to them? Phoene nods and gets the boys attention. Boys, I hope you're right with all my heart. I hope you're right, which is no different than what Tapanga has said.
Speaker 2: No, actually it's way different. He's a he's a man, Danielle.
Speaker 1: He's an older you can make and take what he says seriously.
Speaker 2: He's a mass.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, why are you being hysterical?
Speaker 4: Calm down, just calm down.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I got I'm a little emotional.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah is the time of the month.
Speaker 1: It might be it's any day now, So yeah, I apologize, you know, Okay, Yeah, I should probably not schedule these podcasts around that time.
Speaker 3: I just you do respond great, you're doing great, and I'll talk about this later.
Speaker 2: But you're doing very well.
Speaker 4: I think we raised her pretty well. Guys.
Speaker 2: I think we if we if we look back.
Speaker 1: Good bye, we did good. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Just play to our delusions. So weird? Oy.
Speaker 1: Then Amy and Allen walk into the room and are happy to see their son's best friend. Sean asks if everything's okay, and Amy admits no. Joshua hasn't responded to the antibiotics yet. Why is Amy so different? Why can't she be making lunches and talking about how great high school's going to be? Why she's such a Why she's so different? Alan introduces everyone to mister Markman, who has been kind enough to sit with them for the past three hours.
Speaker 2: So this is his only patient.
Speaker 3: The guy who's the specialist can sit with them for three hours.
Speaker 1: Anybody who's ever been in a hospital knows that that's not true. No, just trying to get thirty five seconds in a hospital to ask a doctor what's going on? What's this test result mean? Is nearly impossible. You have to have a pager and two cell phones and seventy five people on alert at.
Speaker 2: All times hours. He just hung out with them and just stayed there.
Speaker 4: Just interesting. I wonder if that's based on some someone personal, like, you know, because why do they bring in this extra doctor right like we're not the woman who gave helped give birth to the bay or did the surgery last week? Passes the buck to a man.
Speaker 3: I think it's show the gramatag like it's supposed to show the gramatas of the danger we need to bring in siesr Obi was while she checked in on me, was not my doctor anymore.
Speaker 1: Once Adler was in the nick ku then he had all kinds of you know, lung specialists, the reality of that that yeah, that does happen, you'r OB's like, I did my job.
Speaker 4: So like the perfect doctor, you know, I know, like the dream.
Speaker 1: And then Corey is confused the baby got more medication. I don't know how he got that from the doctor spending three hours with them. But okay, doctor Mark, when explains, we've given him all the medicine we can give him. We've been in there sitting with him and talking with him. What happens next is up to josh Amy reveals that the doctor thought it would be a good idea if Corey went in to say hello to his brother. Corey tells Shawn and Tipanga he'd like them to come to. On their way to the Nick You, Shawan is stopped by a nurse. She said it's family only. Alan alerts her that he is family and she lets him through and there's more.
Speaker 4: Ah, but to Panga doesn't get stopped.
Speaker 3: I don't know why the nurse and I asked Susan about this, and she said that maybe because you're engaged considered.
Speaker 4: So you've already had this moment. We've explained.
Speaker 1: The nurse knows the Matthew's Tree family dynamic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the doctor's been sitting there for three hours.
Speaker 1: He had to learn, he had to learn something. Yeah, that's a good point. And then in the Nick You, Tapanga, Corey and Sean. Now when scrubs are all gathered around the incubator. Corey introduces himself and a teary eyed to Panga. To Joshua, he says he always wanted a little brother, and now he has to get better. Tapega jumps in, telling the baby to let the medicine get him better because there are a lot of people who really love him. She begins to cry, realizing how helpless he is. Then Sean says hello. He tells josh that this is the second time he's been in the hospital this year, and the first time didn't go so well, and jo even get him started on mister Turner.
Speaker 3: Oh, it does not do well there. I'm glad I never had a scene by the Yeah, you just.
Speaker 1: Had to put your put your face to the glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But it's also just the wardrobe because I don't want to cross.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want the steps there. It's really cross.
Speaker 4: I hated this scene so much. I hated watching it, and I could feel me hating doing it. I was just like what, I'm just what you're gods, I'm just talking talking to just it was a Joshua jos it was I'm just so monotized, like I can tell, I'm just like what it's just exposition.
Speaker 2: It's just but it's also like the third one.
Speaker 6: I mean, Rusty's his one, and I mean it's it's just everybody coming in and doing a monologue over this little baby, which apparently you're also not supposed to have h Teddy Bear in the thing.
Speaker 3: No, like it's actually in the thing with him. Let's not maybe maybe keep it a safe space.
Speaker 1: So yeah, trying to remember Adler, we did have a couple. We did have little things like there he had a little fox rattle and a friend of ours who had had a baby, and the nick you had an owl that they put on top of his bedside thing that they said the owl watched over him twenty four hours a day, and they kept it inside, no, not inside, And so then they gave it to us so that it could watch over our baby. And then we passed it on to the next person. You learn, the baby and the nikki. So this owl's looked over many a baby's. He tells Josh about his road trip where he was looking to find himself after being in a real bad way, and now Josh is in a real bad way, but he came back because he wanted to tell him something. Don't go out of town. Don't go anywhere. Life is right here with these people, with your family and my family. We got the greatest family there is, Josh. We want you to be with us so we can watch you grow and see you change and make great memories together.
Speaker 4: I really like the to me. The point of this monologue is that Sean has made a realization on his road trip, right, like he was running away, but now he's decided to come back. But just make that specific, like I wanted to say something real, like I was on the road, I went to this you know, I made it to this place. I don't know, like some story, some actual concrete thing, because as it is, I'm just like speaking in abstract sort of language. It just doesn't it doesn't feel focused. It feels I don't know, I just frustrated.
Speaker 3: At the beginning, So Sean says, I called the dorm. I called Angela, and she told me what was going on. Right, That's how he found out. So he was just calling to check in and he found out, and that's what turned him around.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's what they were getting at.
Speaker 4: Okay, But then I'm coming here and I'm saying don't leave town, which it seems like, you know, maybe the realization was I got this phone call, like and maybe that should be the monologue, like I got a phone call that I heard about you, and I knew I had to come back, and that I, you know, was being selfish or you know, had my head up my ass running around like I needed to be here for these people who love you and that I love you know, but like it's never it's just this whole mangolaw doesn't have teeth because it feels so it's just all this like don't leave town, this and that and that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all this abstract.
Speaker 4: I can't even remember it, Like right now, I cannot remember any of the words used in this thing.
Speaker 1: Like it's just I know, I can't remember any of the words used either. But I will say it was pretty clear to me that Sean was saying everything you need in your life is here with these people, right, and you're gonna feel many times in your life like you've got to go off on a search to find out who you are. And then that's tying into the Qurey into Panga situation, who are you? Everything you need to know about who you are can be told to you through these people and this family, and this is you know, everything you need. It's pretty it's that part's all pretty clear.
Speaker 4: But it's all me. Thematic language is what I say. Like, it's no concrete, it's not character based, it's not And that's why this was so hard for me to say and so hard for me to watch now. It's because I'm like, yeah, this is a this is poorly written. Like I needed like something concrete to get my head around or something immediate. Instead, I'm just here is the thematic language that explains the themes of my character and my thoughts and my you know.
Speaker 1: It would have been great if you just talked to the baby just about you just about and.
Speaker 4: You know, I was on the road and I found this payphone and I was gonna call Angela to say this, but guess what I heard. Now, it's a real story. Now, it's like and then I heard her say to me, there's this new baby, and I came running here because I wanted to see you, buddy. And then, you know, like if it was a very immediate like concrete, it just instead.
Speaker 1: It's yes, yes, Tapenga. Thanks Corey for remembering who she was. He smiles. You're in my heart. She nods, you're in my heart too. Sean points out the couple to Josh and then well they'll grow on you. And then we're back at the apartment. Eric is wearing a blanket like a cape and speaking in Count Shoula.
Speaker 2: It's more like Swedish Russian I have. It's kind of Russian. It's like I am doing made but I was like, what the hell accent?
Speaker 1: The cairn says, it's an Italian accent, which it is not.
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 2: Like I don't even know what accent on it.
Speaker 1: It's definitely Count Shocula, ladies, and a gentleman's presenting for your entertainment pleasure, the amazing Flying Tommy will perform for you his world famous close the suitcase with his tushi. Eric asks Rachel and Jack, who are spectating from nearby, can I please have a drum roll from the cheating roommates. They reluctantly agree, and Tommy hops off of the barstool and jumps onto the suitcase with ease. Eric shouts ra he picks up to and bows with him. Thank you very much, Oh yes, thank you very much. He places Tommy on the ground and announces, for our next trick, we will disappear. Rachel can't believe he's actually leaving. Eric reminds her it's for the best. He says, he hopes they're so happy. Then he buries his head into her chest for a very big and very.
Speaker 2: Long motor boat. That's what it looked like. It looked like I was going, and then it.
Speaker 4: Was like you then you're gonna grab her right, and then go grab her ass?
Speaker 2: I mean, my god, inappropriate on top of inappropriate. Love it.
Speaker 1: Jack tells him multiple times that's enough, but Eric doesn't move and his hand is about to grab her, but before Jack frantically stops him, and now Eric asks Jack still best friends? Jack grins yeah, never changes man. Eric goes in for a hug near his chest too, but Jack redirects him for more of a bro less, gay, panicked embrace. Eventually, Eric tosses his keys to Tommy, telling him to bring the car around. Eric grabs his suitcase and follows his little brother out the door, but two seconds later, he reappears to retrieve a rubber ducky that was sitting on the chair, squeaks him a few times, smiles, and then leaves for good. Now it's just Rachel and Jack in the quiet. Rachel asks, so what now, back at the nick you A sad piano plays as we see a hand remove the Joshua Matthews sign from his.
Speaker 4: Now second I thought they were going to just start making out at the end of that scene.
Speaker 1: All right, but no, it's.
Speaker 4: Just a sad, sad button of like what now.
Speaker 3: They look at each other and go, all right, well, let's go bang on his bed like that, you know that kind of thing is like, we got plenty of room, we haven't hit that room up yet.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Danielle, it wouldn't have worked with happy piano music in the next I know comes.
Speaker 2: In and it's like, yeah, it's like or something like that.
Speaker 4: I don't think it would have.
Speaker 2: The same effect.
Speaker 1: A sad piano plays as a hand removes the Joshua Matthew sign from his now empty incubator. Alan, standing outside of the room looking disheveled. Amy, who's off camera, asks what he's doing, and he says he's praying for everybody who has to be in there. Then we hear a baby cry. Amy is holding little Joshua Gabriel. Alan gives his wife a kiss and says, let's go home. The audience applauds loudly as they make their way to the hospital waiting room. The cast joins in on the applause as Sean smiles, what kind of place is this? Huh? First I lose my dad here, and then this little miracle a new brother to watch grow up? I get my family back. Corey asks his nomad friend, So you tired of tumbling Tumbleweed. Sean nods, there's too much going on here to be someplace else.
Speaker 4: Writer's reaction was a such weird time. Look how about you, tumble Tumbling Weed a traveling friend. I'm over my issues now.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Sh Then Topanga wants to ask Cory something. He responds in an almost vampire like accent. Yes, darling, she wonders, do you still want to be my Valentine? Oh no? Could we not have? Just please not mention Valentine's day at the.
Speaker 4: Dill or She's finally learned her lesson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you not watched the episode?
Speaker 4: Danielle established a.
Speaker 1: He grins and again with the accent, Yes, darling, she wonders, would you rather I was like the old strange topanga. Corey stutters, well, no, I mean it's not like and as he's trying to come up with the words, she takes a wide stance and slowly starts the doughnut and the sky routine again. He tells her it's important they grow, but he doesn't want to lose what's so special about her. She smiles and says he never will because she takes out her lipstick and paints a heart on her face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't remember that we did this.
Speaker 2: I did, I did?
Speaker 1: I did. I have a polaroid of it. I have a polaroid of Ben and I with the hearts on our faces.
Speaker 3: I thought, for some reason, though, I thought you did it back in the Matthew's kitchen and you had the dress on again.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that's a Girl Meets World episode.
Speaker 2: I don't I've never seen in my life, so it can't be.
Speaker 1: That's where I did stress. I don't do the I don't do the lipstick, but I do I have the white lace dress on them looking at myself.
Speaker 4: Like cannibalizing our oh, which is just like just make new stuff, make new make new choices, make new good stuff.
Speaker 1: I just it's bothering me that I said Ben and I and it's it would have been Ben and me.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it was never too late to change.
Speaker 1: She paints a heart on her face. I'm in your memories and you will always be here to remind me. Sean chimes in, use a mirror, babe. She gives him a big smile, and we get a close up of Tapanga's lipstick face, now with a heart, not the butchered peace sign of yesteryear. Corey asks, remind me what now. She begins to draw hard on his face with the lipstick. No matter how difficult life gets, the important thing is to live it with hope. Corey, now also with a lipstick covered face, admits, now that sounds like you. She holds out her hand.
Speaker 4: I do like you have hope being Yeah, the thing that person and that actually could have been really simple, Like that could have been clearer, you know, constead of it's like play into my delusion, hold my hand. Valentine's Day, But if it was just that, Like she's been kind of a downer because she thinks she's being realistic and.
Speaker 1: Took it so smart, and she was like, I'm going to make funeral arrangements just in case.
Speaker 4: Right of an action for Cory.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get a little gue. I'm gonna I'm gonna buy the smallest casket because you know what.
Speaker 3: Right by the way, awful rap name little casket, casket awful or or brilliant tiny casket.
Speaker 1: I might take it, I might steal it. I love death, little casket. They walk away hand in hand, and Sean watches them go. He looks into the air and sighs before following them out. We get one last shot of the nick you, where the other families continue to stand by their babysides, Michael still visibly praying, and that is our episode who and.
Speaker 4: Then I have like a look to God moment too.
Speaker 6: Right before you walk out, which was definitely a note that I was forced to take a.
Speaker 3: Look up look up for the next episode, somebody throws a pie or something like wow.
Speaker 1: The next episode is season six, episode eighteen. Can I help to cheer you cheer leading? I don't know, Oh oh.
Speaker 2: No, that would become cheerleaders. Matt and I.
Speaker 1: Totally how many laughs do you think we're in this episode? Total? Ten?
Speaker 2: You're gonna give it a ten?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: I would have said, I think closer to I think it's single digits. I'm gonna say six or seven.
Speaker 4: I think each scene with Tommy gets at least three laughs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, so you add those up.
Speaker 4: I think it's about ten ten laughs. Okay, actually like me laughing. I mean, look, Indy watched this with me and he was just like, what is this? Yeah, so the show's just not funny at all anymore, because I think the last time you tried to watch was Starry Night and he thought that was dramatic. Well, they're doing is just talking about their relationship like he is. And then this one. I was like, oh, yeah, sorry, buddy.
Speaker 1: This is yeah, another heavy one.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's not always like this, you know.
Speaker 1: Other ones have been funny.
Speaker 2: I'm promised we're going dramatic. It's Doosa goad parallel laughs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com. We have got merch.
Speaker 2: God, some of our shirts don't sell as good as the other ones. We've got sweatshirts now, too. There's even a hat, so if you could be help us out, we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: March podmeets Worldshow dot com. We love you all, pod dismissed. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Wryter Strong executive producers, Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Subachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Pod Meets World Show or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com