Speaker 1: If I let this guy in, then I might have to have a case or possibility of supporting this guy, this guy, this guy, and this guy. And that is one of the quandaries voters face sometimes.
Speaker 2: I think they just put these things out there to get a rise out of us, and it worked.
Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to the Thursday edition of Fair Territory. I'm Ken Rosenthal here with Alta Rizzo Alto. We still have a ton of free agents still out there, Pete Alonzo, Alex Bregman, Jack Flaherty, Nick Paveta, to name a few, but we're not going to talk about those guys today. We have some other things in store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ken, Grett to be with you as always.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jack Flaherty is making an appearance on Foul Territory right after our show ends at one pm Eastern, So check out what Jack has to say, perhaps maybe giving us some insight on his free agency. But you're right, no news right now on Alonzo and Bregman, but there is news as far as Roki Sisaki is concerned. Ken the Dodger's making an official He had his press conference yesterday. Another Japanese ace in that rotation.
Speaker 1: Yes, and a lot of the most interesting things to come out of that news conference for me, besides him talking about wanting to have milkshakes and hamburgers, was what he said was the principal reason he chose the Dodgers, And what he said was the stability of the front office. Now, there's been a lot of talk was this in the bag all along for the Dodgers? Was this always the way it was going to go? But if you look at the three finalists, and there's the quote from Sasaki, the stability of the front office was a part of what resonated within the Dodgers pitch. Okay, if you look at the three finalists, the Blue Jays, the Padres, the Dodgers, well, the Dodgers' front office clearly is the most stable. And if you remember, shoe Otani had that clause inserted into his contract that if ownership changes or if Andrew Friedman leaves, he can go. So from that perspective, when you consider where the Blue Jays are and where the Padres are, it's understandable why Susaki made the decision he did. The reason he made it was because he felt clearly that it was more stable in Los Angeles. What is happening right now. In Toronto, you have Mark Schapiro, the team president, in the final year of his contract. You have Ross Atkins the general manager with two years left, and there are a lot of questions about whether these guys are going to be there for the long term. In San Diego, we all know there's an ownership question. There is a fight going on between the late Peter Siedler's widow and his brothers for control of the team. So it's unstable the situation there. And for that reason, if that is indeed something that swayed Sasaki, you can understand it.
Speaker 2: And you can also understand too why he would like to some certainty. Obviously, coming to the United States, having to learn the whole system and the culture here, having some certainty of the team that he's going to probably makes him feel a little bit better. Let's talk about Jack Flaherty really quick. kN Not only is he coming up on foul territory with the Boys, but he had a tweet recently that said a certain team is not ruining baseball, a lot of other teams are just doing very little. Obviously, we know he's talking about the Los Angeles Dodgers, and this was an interesting tweet to me Ken, just because obviously I would imagine Jack would like to be a part of the Dodgers' rotation. He probably won't be at this point, but he doesn't seem to be upset with the fact that he's not with them, and he understands and appreciates what they're doing right.
Speaker 1: What he is talking about is the industry, not the Dodgers per se. He's saying they are operating the way a team should operate. And I wrote about this the other day. It's not that every team can operate like the Dodgers. There's no way. The Dodgers have a financial foundation that is unique to them. They've led the league in attendance every year since thirteen. They also have an eight point five billion dollar television deal that started in thirteen over twenty five years, so they have financial advantages that no other team, not even the Mets and Yankees can. That said, every other team can at least compete in a way that it is maximizing its capabilities. And that is the complaint that Jack Flaherty has. It's the complaint I have. It's the complaint a lot of players have with the way the sport is right. Now, there are teams out there with money, but they don't want to spend that money. Now, they may have reasons for that, and certainly the television questions in local markets, with the future of the revenue and all of that comes into play. We all get that. We all get that circumstances occasionally change. But you can't tell me that there are large market teams, mid market teams and small market teams that are competing to the best of their capabilities. That's not happening with all of them. Some of them, yes, But I can name teams in each category and did in the column that are not simply trying the way they should be. And that's the problem. That's what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no question about that.
Speaker 2: There are some teams can, as you know better than anybody of the thirty, that have literally not spent a dollar in the off season. We're not asking you to compete as high the level as the Dodgers are, but you.
Speaker 3: Can spend some money.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: One thing we know for certain is the three new inductees, actually five if you can't the other committee electing Dick allen In as well as Dave Parker. But we know that cc Sabathia, Billy Wagner, and Ichiro Suzuki Ken are headed into Cooperstown. That was just announced a couple of days ago. But I want to ask you this, there were some comparisons in terms of once a certain player gets in, it opens up the case for other players that have the same types of numbers to perhaps have a bigger consideration. So let's start with this. For one second, I'm going to bring up a full screen. I'm going to walk you through this Ken the same but different. Now, this is a pitching category, okay, So what I'm going to ask you is this player A player B, player C.
Speaker 3: So this is a mystery pitcher.
Speaker 2: Let's say, okay, so if you take a look at the categories, it's the record at ERA plus strikeouts in their career, postseason ERA, and then some of the major accolades. Obviously, Cy Young six time All Star is player A. Cy Young also with six time All Star is player B. In addition to that, though this certain player, Player B, this mystery pitcher has six gold gloves. And then you have player C. Now that player is a three time All Star has a better postseason eer third most in terms of strikeouts amongst these three players era plus of one seventeen and you can see the record there. Obviously, player B has a much different record than A and C. But I'll ask you this, ken if you're looking at these three players, and I don't know if you can see it on your screen, do player B and C? Should they also get in? If player A gets in?
Speaker 1: A lot of This is the vexing question that voters face, and it's not just this particular comparison. There are a number of comparisons, and this is what makes it so difficult. Fans will say to me, hey, man, I know who a Hall of Famer is, and that guy should be in period. Well, the problem with that when you're a voter is if you let player A in in this case, our player B and player C totally deserving, should they be in too? Now maybe the answer for some will be yes, but maybe it will be no. And sometimes when you open the door and you lower a standard, then it becomes more difficult going forward with the vote. Now, I'm not saying this is some kind of burden on the voters. This is what we're supposed to be looking at, but it makes it challenging because sometimes and I look at this all the time. If I let this guy in, then I might have to have a case or at least possibility of supporting this guy, this guy, this guy, and this guy. And that is one of the quandaries of voter's face.
Speaker 2: Right, So then here is the reveal kind if we can go back to that screen for just a second. Obviously, Zach Grinky is Player B. He did not have two hundred and fifty five wins. That would be an unbelievable, ridiculous record. So their record there is a little bit skewed. But if you look at the fact that C. C. Sabathia is PLAYERURA, his record was two fifty one and one sixty one. Uh, the strikeouts are over three thousand. He has darned near thirty one hundred strikeouts in his career postseason era four point three eight. Obviously, a sy Young Award winner, six time All Star. He's going in as a New York Yankee into the Hall of Fame, first time on the ballot, first time, you know, and he and he makes it in. Zach Grankie certainly has a case. If you look at the era, the amount of strikeouts almost three thousand, strikeouts postseason era that's, you know, better than CCS and six gold gloves to go with the Cy Young Award and the sixth time All Star. And then you have the case for Andy Pettitt, obviously two fifty six, one fifty three, one seventeen on the era strikeouts not quite to twenty five hundred postseason era better amongst all three of those guys, and then a three time All Star.
Speaker 3: So does the name uh?
Speaker 2: Revealing the name and the team that they played for, does that change the opinion?
Speaker 1: The team that they play for is irrelevant? But the choice between Sabathia and Pettit for me on this year's ballot was very difficult, and I wrote an entire column about it because you really could justify a vote for Pettit based on CC getting in now. CEC is one of only three lefties with two hundred and fifty wins and three thousand strikeouts. Randy Johnson and Steve Carlton are the others. That's a distinguishing characteristic, and there are others. But Pettitt has pitched the most postseason innings of any pitcher, and he pitched really well in the postseason. His numbers were about the same as they were in the regular season, and you can make a case for pettit. I just think that CEC had a certain aura about him, that great march to the postseason with the Brewers, what he did with the Indians now the Guardians, and of course his performance with the Yankees two thousand and nine World Series and beyond he plus reinvented himself. All of these things factored into it for me. For CC, pettit is not quite there for me. Now Greenky will be Greenky's era plus is the highest of those three, and in fact, you could make the case he had the best career of those pitchers as well. The gold gloves factor into it. But again a lot of the comparisons can be really difficult once you get into the meat of the matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question about that. The reason I asked you about the team is some people say that if you're a Yankee or a Red Sox, perhaps a car perhaps a Cardinal, perhaps a Cub sometimes as a Dodger, maybe the writers and you are one of those writers, Ken, maybe they give more credence just based on the organization.
Speaker 3: Is that not fair?
Speaker 1: That is fair? I'm sure some writers do do that we have a lot of writers voting, and sometimes people make decisions based on things they shouldn't be but that should not factor into the equation at all where a player performs. In many cases, at least for the start of his career, a player does not have the choice. So I would not get caught up in that at all. I do not get caught up in that at all as a voter. It doesn't matter to me. Now, yes, Andy Pettit had more postseason opportunities. You give him credit for that, but you don't penalize others who might not have had those chances.
Speaker 2: Right, You shouldn't penalize that grinky because the majority of his career really was as a Kansas City Royal, all right? Moving on now from a picture category to a outfielder category or really a position player category.
Speaker 3: This is hit or miss. Player A.
Speaker 2: You can see what they did there. Player B you can see what he did there. Stolen bases obviously ops, plus the All Star awards, the Gold Glove awards. You can see what both of those players did.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Player A, obviously in hits, has more, the ops is identical ken the All Star and the Gold Gloves higher for player A. But as far as the stolen bases or concerned, player B has more. Let me ask you this, does that matter to you?
Speaker 1: This is an interesting one. Now. Player A has the better overall resume, and it's not just the hit total, and I don't really care about the stolen bases, which are close, but player B has the advantage. The player A has accomplished more. He did accomplish more in his career. Player B is a legit candidate, and he's someone that maybe should get more consideration that he's getting. I know who the players are. That's why I can say this, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So let's tell everybody else who the players are as we do the reveal here on Hit or miss. Obviously Player A maybe not obviously, but Ichiro Suzuki, a man that can just go by eachiero and you don't even have to say his last name. Kenny Lofton, A lot of people can comparing the two in terms of not identical numbers clearly, and as you mentioned, EACHIO had the better overall resume. He was also MVP and Rookie of the Year, of course, But Kenny Lofton, I'm wondering in your opinion, and now that our audience knows as well. Does he deserve more consideration than perhaps he has gotten so far.
Speaker 1: Well, if I'm not mistaken, Lofton is off the ballot. Let me check that while we're talking. But at the same time, centerfielders in general, we have not judged them as well as we should have. And it's not just Lofton, it's Jim Edmonds, it's Bernie Williams. These guys all fell off and it's not right in my opinion. Now, hopefully they'll get consideration in the Veterans Committee and those committees will consider them in a better way. But I'm looking at Kenny Lofton. Now bear with me, folks. I should have had this off the tip of my tongue. Kenny Lofton in his first year on the ballot. Let's see, Yeah, twenty thirteen, three point two percent of the vote. That's not enough. You have to get five percent of the vote. And with the era he played in when the ballots were being tabulated in those years, I believe he was twentieth overall that year. I did check this last night, twentieth overall when you can only vote for ten, and the reason was the ballot was too crowded. It was just overwhelmingly crowded. And guys like that. When we're only allowed to vote for ten, and some of us have a problem with that, that's a Hall of Fame rule, it's not a BBWA rule. When you can only vote for ten, you're gonna have guys like this who get shafted. Maybe more memorably, Lou Whittaker was the best example of all of this. He was one and done. Bernie was one and done. Edmonds was one and done. It's not right. Maybe Bernie was two. I can't recall exactly, but there are some players from that particular era, the twenty tens twenty tens, that deserve greater consideration, and Lofton is one of them. He's not eight er roo, no one should pretend that. But that doesn't mean he's not a Hall of Famer, or at least it doesn't mean that he should not get more consideration.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Certainly, We're gonna have one more before we get to your Grill and Ken questions, So if you have questions for Ken, please get them in. We'll try to get to those as we can. One more for you, and this is going from the outfield to the infield Ken, this is a mystery infielder player A. You can see the games there. Player B played in more games. Hits almost identical. Player A has eighteen oh five and you have player B with eighteen eighty five ops. The second person a better one postseason ops, second person a better one all Star, second person a better one silver Slugger, second person a better one gold gloves. Player A has four, player B does not. So I ask you this, Ken, if you look at these two numbers, one is obviously probably going to get in the other we don't know, but they're very comparable. So let's go ahead and tell me your thoughts on these just looking at the numbers before we do the reveal.
Speaker 1: All right, this one is a tough one for me, and I'll explain more when we do the reveal. But the thing that player B does not have here is the volume the player A does. It's four hundred game difference. That's more than two seasons. Maybe you say, hey, that doesn't matter. It's a ten year peak or a six year peak that should matter most. And certainly player B in his career accomplished quite a bit. We as voters are going to have to tackle this particular issue going forward, me in particular because it's one that's really vexed me in this particular election. Maybe we need to consider smaller sample size players in a greater way than we have traditionally. Maybe their careers are shorter now should be influencing the way we think a little bit. Now. It could be shorter because of an injury. It could be shorter because players make more money now they don't have to play as long. But that has to come into consideration. But let's do the reveal and then I'll explain more.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's do that reveal that Ken just asked for.
Speaker 2: And to me, if I'm looking at these just knowing both of these players, to me, they're both all stars. Not necessarily can for the numbers, which obviously you have to take into consideration, but just for what they meant to their team in terms of getting their team to the postseason and those types of things as well. So Dustin Pejoria, obviously the majority of his career, I think all of his career was with the Boston Red Sox. Chase that Lee, known as a Philly would go in as a Philly, spent the latter part of his year, just a couple of years with the Los Angeles Daughters.
Speaker 3: Now you knew this as far as who that was.
Speaker 2: How do you look at these two players as Hall of Fame worthy if in fact you.
Speaker 1: Do, I do. I voted for Utley, did not vote for Pedroia, and Pedroia is one that again I'm going to have to keep looking at and considering because he's a little bit of an unusual case. His career essentially ended because of an injury the Manna Machado slide caused knee problems that he just never could overcome. Should that penalize him in the Hall of Fame voting? And my answer to you would be, really, it shouldn't, right. But here's the problem, And I go back to Kirby Pucket. When Kirby Pucket, of course passed away too early. Unfortunately, I remember he got in right away, at least when he was eligible. Actually I think we made him eligible right away. I can't even recall. But my friend, the late Joe Strauss said to me at that time, this is a mistake. We screwed this up. And I was like, Joe, what are you talking about. Kirby Puckett all time. Great, He's like, no, he does not have the longevity. And if you let him in, then look at domattically, look at all these other guys who are in the same category. So here is the thing. If Pedroya gets in with a smaller sample size a shorter career, then what about players from the past like Mattingly who have very similar cases. And again, this is the quandary we face. I'm not sure what the right answer is. And I always say this with regard to my bowot. I'm not sitting here saying this is the Hall of Fame and who should be in it. No, we all understand as voters that it's subjective and that we don't have all the answers, and one person might have one view of it and another person might have an entirely different view. Dustin Pedroia meets my essential prerequisite of tenure dominance. He did that, but that was really all he did. So I'm not sure where I stand on this going forward. I'm going to take another hard look at it next year. And it's not just Pedroya, it's David Wright, it's Felix Hernandez, all guys who had shorter careers Felix Hernandez. He had a shorter career, most likely because the Mariners abused him early. He was throwing crazy number of innings when he was such a young pitcher. Is that his fault? Should that preclude him from getting into the Hall of Fame? I don't have a good answer for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell you what.
Speaker 2: Having a vote in this as a BBWAA writer is such an honor and a privilege. It's an honor that I don't want. I mean, I don't have a vote, but my god, that what you guys have to go through and think about this. It's a responsibility. I wouldn't want to have more on that coming up in Dude and Dork of the Week. But before we get to Grill and Ken, we're going to be back from a quick word with val Terra's Foul Territories. Todd Frasier, Eric Kratz and Scott Brown on Hungry Route.
Speaker 4: Right back, Krats, do you like spending an hour on grocery shopping?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Speed up the process please, introducing Hungry Route to the ft fan. Now we can all be boogie with our own personal shopper to handle the food shopping, including Rex based on what you're looking to put in your body.
Speaker 4: I stacked my Hungry Root box with items like gluten free, dairy free blueberry waffles for breakfasts, shrimp vegieboles for lunch, and a little filet mignon with potatoes and broccolini for dinner.
Speaker 1: You can also say just hey, Hungry Root, I eat paleo or I'm vegetarian, and they load up your car with personalized recommendations.
Speaker 4: And those recks keep evolving as they learn about what you're into. Also, no BS, as in no artificial sweeteners or preservatives in any of hunger Roots food. You're gonna love Hunger Root as much as FT does. Take advantage of this exclusive offer for a limited time, get forty percent off your first box, plus get a free item in every box for life. Go to hunger Root dot com slash ft and use code FT that's Hungryroot dot com slash FT code f T to get forty percent off your first box and a free item of your choice for life.
Speaker 2: All right, I appreciate Hunger Root for being a part of the program. Here time now for Grill and Ken and Ken. I'm gonna ask you this. This comes from I believe a Yankee fan, which is not that hard to imagine.
Speaker 3: But what's the deal actually?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 3: Before I get to that, here's a question.
Speaker 2: For Michael Vega. Can we look into the future, how does all of this deferred money affect the Dodgers and say five to ten years as far as a plan is concerned, And they say, forget the future and let's focus on the present. A lot of people wondering this question with all the different deferrals going on.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's a fair question based on what is going on. But keep in mind, deferrals are not simply a case of putting this off until twenty thirty thirty five. A team has to fund the deferrals in some kind of account two years, I believe, after the contract is signed the second year, So the Dodgers have to put that money away. They're not bankrupting themselves or anything like that. Now, the Commissioner has said, I'm a little concerned about teams that might be deferring a lot of money. But the Dodgers have a lot of money. They're able to put that money away, so in my view, this should not impact them at all. They are making a ton right now, They'll put that money away for the deferrals, and they'll pay it when they need to pay it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Another question this is regards to the Angels. This comes from Jacob Ciscenaro's do you see the Angels making any other significant moves? It seems that they are trying, but nobody is fighting. Early on in this whole offseason, the Angels were making all the moves. They got signed about five different players, but anything else on the horizon for them.
Speaker 1: I believe they are in play for a number of free agents right now, and it's just a matter of where the market goes and who might want to play for them. But this is a team that, as opposed to some of us who think they maybe should have taken a step back a couple of years ago or even this year, they don't see it that way. They're trying to compete. They've made moves to compete, Kakuchi being foremost among them. And I would expect that they're going to pick off some players in the weeks ahead. I would. I wouldn't say guarantee it, but I expect it.
Speaker 2: All right. Another question, I don't even know that we have this one built, but it did come through in the chat.
Speaker 3: So I'll ask you here.
Speaker 2: What is the deal with each Hero using just his first name on his jersey all those years? I mean, there's certain people in life, Ken, that can only go by their first name. Each Euro share Madonna Rosenthal, we could just throw it out.
Speaker 3: We don't even need Ken.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so each Heierro just putting Echiro on the jersey a lot.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I write a story and I look at the comments and see what people are dwelling on, I think, is that what you took out of this? And when it comes to this question, I don't want to dunk on this person. I guess it's a reasonable question, But is that what we're talking about here? He was a singular player, He had this identity, and Eachiro was Echiro. Like you said, some guys are just known by their first names. And I just never took offence or even thought twice about it. He was Eachiro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took offence with something Eachiro related, But that's coming up later in the show. For now, it is time for our dude of the week.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, dude, all right.
Speaker 2: Due to the week is when Ken and I get to talk about somebody that we're proud of, or somebody that we think did something good. I'm actually going to go first on this. My front end, or my front end of the Dude of the week is the writers. And what I say about that is not just the job that you guys have to do, which I just mentioned earlier is a big responsibility, but also the writers that have taken the time to make their ballots public and be able to put themselves in a position to defend what they did, whatever their choices were, to be able to say this is how I chose, and this is why I chose because oftentimes, as journalists can we expect the player to post whether they're zero for five or five for five, if they made an error, if they hit the game winning home run. We expect them to have accountability and allow us to do our jobs. And I feel that the writers that did make their ballots public are doing a service to the community in which they serve. So they are my Dudes of the week. Those that made them public and are willing to defend their choices a.
Speaker 1: Lot to thank you. But you might be the only person in America who is happy with the writers right now. We always take a heat for a Hall of Fame votes and that's all part of it. And you're right. We ask the players, the general managers, everyone to be accountable. We have to be accountable too, and that's why, even though the Hall does not ever take our suggestion to make all the ballots public and it's their choice, it's their process, we want that and we have it in the awards voting. Everything is public. So I hear you now. My due to the week is a person who had to wait ten years for this honor. And you saw Billy Wagner's reaction when he got the call from Jack O'Connell of the BBWAA, and he was emotional, he couldn't speak. Billy's an emotional guy. But you have to remember here, what goes into this. For ten years, he has waited every year for that call, and you get your hopes up and they get crushed. You get your hopes up, they get crushed. He finally gets in this year after all those years of kind of being in the spotlight, and it's not humiliating, of course, not to be in the Hall of Fame, but there's some level of, hey, I wish it was happening. It's public. Let's go so good for him. Billy Wagner much deserving. I voted for him. I believe all ten years he is a Hall of Famer and a deserving one.
Speaker 3: And nobody can ever take that away from him.
Speaker 2: And it's certainly some sort of validation I would think for these guys to you know, if you don't get into the Hall of Fame, it's not the end of the world. But for some of these guys, the amount of what that means to them is pretty special. All right, time now for our John Fisher Dork of the Week award.
Speaker 3: Ken, I'll give you the honors. You start with your dork week first.
Speaker 1: All right, Alana, it's actually not a person, per se. We both worked at MLB Network. We both endured the mystery of the Shredder. No one knows who the Shredder is. I always thought it was Brian Kenny behind the curtain. He's the Shredder. Well, the Shredder this week did something, even by its own standards, is shocking. Shredder's ranking of shortstops number one. Gunnar Henderson, great player, Seger, Cory Seger, he's in there. Francisco Lindor is in there, and Bobby wit Junior second in the MVP voting is fourth. Now. I know, the Shredder it's not a one year thing, but my gosh, Bobby wit Junior is the best shortstop in the game. I think even Gunner, Seeger and Lindor would admit that the Shredder is my dork of the week. And mister Kenny, I know you've been ripping the writers all week. So here's our little revenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 2: In what universe is Bobby Witt Junior not the best shortstop in the game right now?
Speaker 3: Fourth? Are you out of your mind? Shuddered that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I sometimes I think they just put these things out there to get a rise out of us, and it worked, because I am I can't believe this, all right, So my dork of the week.
Speaker 3: We alluded to it a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: Ken is the one person, not necessarily male, the one writer who did not vote for each hero Suzuki unanimously to get into the Baseball Hall of Fame. I mean, this is so Mariano Rivera is still the only unanimous person to get into the Hall of Fame. And this is so funny because there was a Eachiro says that he would like to have a word with the one writer that didn't vote him into the Hall of Fame. He wants to have him over to his house to have a drink together and have a good chat. I would also like to have a chat with this person. And again this kind of goes back Ken too. If you're going to be that person that doesn't vote each hero into Cooperstown, you better reveal yourself and you better be accountable as to why. I mean, there's a lot of people on Twitter all the Gonzalez with the ESPN joke that it was him.
Speaker 3: Obviously it was not.
Speaker 2: Mark Goodin, who claims to be a writer and a reporter for the New York Mets said it was him. It was not, But this is he's not.
Speaker 1: A writer, by the way, he's not account.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes it is, as I as I confirmed with you yesterday.
Speaker 2: But don't you agree that if you're going to be that one person, you have to be able to explain yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, in perfect world, that would be great. Now, I will say this, Solani. It might have heard out there the people listening my rant about this yesterday. I don't think this is the biggest deal in the world. But you're absolutely right. That person is the dork of the week. That's not even in question. But I will say this, The voting body this year consisted of three hundred and ninety four people. Three hundred and ninety three of them voted for ichi Ro. So when you gather three hundred and ninety four people in any setting and you ask for unanimous agreement, it's pretty rare. So I thought we did pretty well to get to three ninety three out of three ninety four, and honestly said that, But you think Hro is losing sleep over one person not voting for him. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer, he's an all time great, and I don't believe he actually cares. No.
Speaker 2: I don't either, but I think it was funny that he brought it up, like, really, dude, like I'd love to know, I'd love to know who the person was that did not vote for me. All right, before we let you go and say goodbye, let's shut out our friends from BETMGM. Always appreciate the fact that they're with us here on fair territory with Ken Rosenthal that shut out the bet MGM first bet fifteen hundred dollars offer when you use the bonus code foul. Get this offer when you download the bet MGM sportsbook app or at betmgm dot com sign up, enter that bonus code foul and deposit at least ten dollars into your new account. Place your first wager, receive up to fifteen hundred dollars back in bonus bets.
Speaker 3: If the bet loses.
Speaker 2: If the bet does lose, your bonus bets will be available once your initial wager is settled. Gambling problem or concern, there is help. Call one eight hundred gambler that is going to do it for Ken and I here on Fair Territory with Ken Rosenthal. Thank you guys so much for being with us. Ken, thanks for all of your insight on the Hall of Fame stuff. We appreciate it. Don't forget, guys. Foul Territory is next. Aj Pierzinski, Eric Krat, Scott Brown, host Jack Flaherty is gonna enjoin Ryan Yarborough's gonna join Mandy Bell, who covers The Guardian.
Speaker 3: She's on as well.
Speaker 2: Dodger's Territory follows that with Clinton, myself and Chris Taylor. We'll stop by and don't forget. Ken is one of the hosts Ken as you are for the BBWAA Awards dinner Saturday live on Foul Territory. So don't forget grab your coat, Ken
Speaker 3: Because you're going back to the cold.