Speaker 1: The second date update, Brooke, if you were single and on the dating apps right now, some of them ask you to be kind of punchy and fun on your profile. So give me a couple of sentences for your bio that you think would attract a man.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just it's also generic that comes to my head like adventurous, lame.
Speaker 3: I love food, feed me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe your sarcasm and pessimism in the bio would be attractive to a guy.
Speaker 2: I would say optimistic wink wink, oh sarcasm, I'm optimistic and say I'm pessimistic.
Speaker 1: I bring it up because one of our listeners, Dan says he met a woman online, and Dan, I'm curious what was in her bio that drew your attention.
Speaker 4: So, first of all, she was very attractive, and she just had a very invice vibey. And she was funny too, like she said, she was into good stories, the outdoors, and sour dough bread.
Speaker 1: She's making that isn't art.
Speaker 3: What's the funny part?
Speaker 4: Well, she said that she she's t s a pre checked I think so, I mean, I got it too. But she was very demanding and said I can't go out with anybody that's not TSA.
Speaker 2: But it also says about you that you're well traveled, right if it's a priority.
Speaker 1: We traveled, but also impatient about we never got her name? What is she called?
Speaker 4: Her name is ConA?
Speaker 1: Sounds exotic.
Speaker 3: What did you say to her to get her attention?
Speaker 4: Well, I said that my passport only has.
Speaker 5: Two pages last on it.
Speaker 4: That a cool traveled I'm still looking to find my next adventure.
Speaker 3: A little cheesy, but she liked it.
Speaker 4: Hey, she went for it. What can I say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you go. So what did you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 4: We matched and we went to a bar. She recommended the place. It was, Uh was a nice place.
Speaker 3: And keep it simple.
Speaker 4: They were actually doing a charity night. This was definitely a good cause. They were doing half of the proceeds going to kids in neat shots.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 3: It's a very generic cause, but I like it. Well, you know, okay, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like you knew that that was even happening when you went down.
Speaker 4: No, but Covina and I actually kind of had a little insect joke out of it, Like as we got each round, we would say like, oh, we better get wasted for the kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thank.
Speaker 2: God you have an inside jokes already. It sounds like you guys are really vibing on the.
Speaker 3: State it was.
Speaker 4: Now. I will say that we did get a little out of hand. I mean, we definitely both had a few drinks.
Speaker 1: See, I almost asked, because now you feel like you need to drink more in a sense to help as many kids as you can. Yeah, otherwise it looks like you don't like kids exactly.
Speaker 4: You It just seemed like the right thing to do. And then after about four drinks, I called the bartender over and started demanding that they serve us sour dough bread, you know, like a medieval night. I shall bring the lady the bread made of sour dough, yes, which is thoughtful right.
Speaker 3: The voice, though, I think, is what Alexis is calling over the bartender.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: She just she started saying like, yes, unhand the thy.
Speaker 2: Say Renaissance sour dough bread jokes as you So, did security throw.
Speaker 1: You out then?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: We overall we had a great time. We ended the night responsibly, started getting some waters. Sobering up.
Speaker 5: Helps to yeah, little.
Speaker 4: Something to coat it all and walked her out to her uber and while we were standing there waiting, we had a nice conversation about just the mistakes that we made in life are drones.
Speaker 3: So you ended like with a three minute, super serious conversation.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you sober up, and you should have gone harder on.
Speaker 3: The drink kind of with Jeff, did you not make out?
Speaker 4: No, there was a hug.
Speaker 3: So have you heard from her at all?
Speaker 4: A little bit, I mean a couple very short text responses and mainly try to make plans. But it's just kind of like, yeah, I'm busy. I'd like to know why she's brushing me off?
Speaker 1: Me too, Okay, sure, Well I wonder if you didn't get wasted enough for the kids. Yeah, I don't feel wasted enough to do this call. Let's play a song and take some shots.
Speaker 3: Like eating bread part too, though, but that doesn't help the.
Speaker 1: Kids, Brooke. Let's get draw for the kids and get your second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you.
Speaker 3: Here Part two, When a.
Speaker 1: Dark and handsome night is at a rectangular table, not a round table. Rectangular because it's a bar, and he drinks too much grog and pounds his fists and demands sour dough bread be brought hither. You know, that's a man who commands respect and delicious gluten for his fair maiden.
Speaker 7: Ye're kicked out of the bar, which he didn't do luckily.
Speaker 1: But that is what happens when you drink too much. You start to sound like you're from the Middle Ages.
Speaker 3: And what happens to you. I think that's very common. It's what happens to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he realized that something weird was happening. That's why towards the end of the night, both Dan and Covena sobered up before grabbing their ubers. Now we will command her, in an English accent, to go out with Dan once more. That's what women respect in America's.
Speaker 2: Going to go with and ask politely and respect your boundaries. Yeah, that's that's actually what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Jess, Oh, really, I guess King Arthur should have asked politely to storm the castle and take over the kingdom. Is that what he should have done?
Speaker 3: I think Guinevere was probably in charge then so it's fine.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is Dan's second date. Dan, how would you like to handle this?
Speaker 4: I see what you guys are doing here?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: I don't you're you're trying to send me in on a trojan horse of sorts.
Speaker 1: We've gone from the Middle Ages to ancient Greece.
Speaker 4: I'm going in under the guise of this radio station. Yes, And as soon as we get into the conversation, I'm going to burst out on the scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like your plan better than our plan. Let's trojan horse this girl.
Speaker 3: Let's just call her on the on a cell phone.
Speaker 1: All right, We're bringing it back to the modern times. We're dialing a phone over and see what she has to say. Let's do it. Hello, Hello, is this Covina? I?
Speaker 4: Yes? Who?
Speaker 1: Hey, My name is jeff from a radio show you've definitely heard of before. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Demanding Hi.
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Is we're doing a radio segment called a second date update?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? Because we're trying to help out one of our listeners who you went out with the other night named Dan.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, okay, oh wow.
Speaker 1: It's right, Dan is.
Speaker 3: D It sounds like a cutie. You guys had a good time.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, yeah, we had a really good time.
Speaker 1: Great, well, we'd like to set you up on another date. Short, Well, she said she had a good time. No problems whatsoever? Am I right, Kobina.
Speaker 8: Yeah, at the beginning, like he was chill and funny, but the end of the night.
Speaker 4: Was a little bit weird for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, what part of the end of the night.
Speaker 4: But I guess when we were waiting for our uber, we were.
Speaker 8: Just kind of talking about how crazy dating is and like sharing some of our experiences, and he said that he had actually cheated on one of his previous girlfriends.
Speaker 7: Oh no, yeah, right at the end, what an imp I know, everybody has their stuff, but he mentioned that.
Speaker 6: He was like really drunk when it happened.
Speaker 4: So that is.
Speaker 8: A red flash for me because I feel like, I don't know, I.
Speaker 4: Just like one sure always has which seems that I'm not actually responsible.
Speaker 6: For its not responsible.
Speaker 1: Well, if you couldn't tell that, that's Dan who's been listening politely on the other line, I was.
Speaker 4: I was glad to hear that you had a good time and really, really don't. I'm really sorry that if I may, if I give the impression that I intend on repeating that behavior in any way, I just you know, something's just happened when alcohol is involved.
Speaker 3: What, Yeah, but responsibility for him, Like.
Speaker 4: I do agree with Dad, it happened a long long time ago in a galaxy. No, I don't know.
Speaker 6: In some mixed messages from Dan, yeah, I mean I feel like it's worse if you're drunk, because at least if you were sober and it happened, you.
Speaker 8: Know, that could be like an issue that we could work through. There's like some underlying stuff. But if you're drunk, any cheat, Like I'm always gonna worry that every time you have a drink it could happen.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, you prefer sober cheating to cheating? I do you think that's better?
Speaker 4: I mean, none of it's better, Like all cheating is bad. I don't want anyone to cheat.
Speaker 8: But if I had a preference, I think I would rather you have been sober because then we could like work through it.
Speaker 1: Dan, can you agree to stay sober when faithful? That's what she said.
Speaker 2: She's talking about why she had a problem with Dan's story, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, what do you think of that?
Speaker 4: I agree that it is never okay to cheat. If you commit to that one, you should you should honor that commitment.
Speaker 1: And unless you're drunk and you can help it, is.
Speaker 3: That what it is?
Speaker 4: Sometimes you're just impaired in your you know, not in control. Have you Cobna? Have you? Have you never lost your inhibitions around alcohol?
Speaker 8: I mean I have, but I've never cheated on anyone, so I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know like what you're trying to do here.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, some people lose their inhibitions, they have like one too many deserves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to go to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: You jump into a pool fully close, like you don't jump into bed with somebody else because you can't control the pool of women.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, it seems like Dan, that you can't take what it sounds like I'm guessing for Covina. I could be wrong, Kavina, is that you can't take responsibility for your actions.
Speaker 4: I don't see it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, See, that's the issue.
Speaker 8: I mean, if he's drunk, of course he's not going to see it that way.
Speaker 4: But if he's sober, he probably could starting to see your point, Well, then can you make your friends less visible on Facebook?
Speaker 1: An interesting question.
Speaker 4: I'd just saying, if you want me to cheat sober, you know, with people that you know.
Speaker 2: She says it's not that she wants it, it's just her philosophy and cheating it would be better, I would. This is why you don't do what ifs on a first date, like what if you cheated? Like?
Speaker 3: How are we already there?
Speaker 1: We're not doing what ifs on a first day. We're doing what ifs for the second time that we will send you on and pay for if you're up for it. Covina, what do you say sober or drunk? That's up to you.
Speaker 4: Just no cheating, listen, anything else? Can I say anything else?
Speaker 1: Before she answered, well, I don't think it's going to healthy dude.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I think it will. I think it will. I really enjoyed talking to you. I felt like opening up and telling you the truth about my past because I felt comfortable around you.
Speaker 1: You felt drunk is what you felt?
Speaker 3: Let him talk?
Speaker 1: Let him talk, Okay.
Speaker 4: I would like to get to know you better in a more lucid setting where we don't have kids alive by drinking shot after.
Speaker 1: Shot the Kid's charity for the body. Yeah, all right, are you sold?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a weird invitation, it is.
Speaker 8: But I did enjoy talking to you too, and I'm in a good mood today, so I think so.
Speaker 3: Yes, great drunk too.
Speaker 1: You guys are perfect for each other.
Speaker 4: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, out of all the second dates that we've done, I don't know if I had this one pinpointed as the most romantic.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we got the cheating part out of the ways.
Speaker 1: The good news is both Daniel and Covina are back on today to give us an update on their relationship. Welcome back to the show, you too, dying to hear that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's nice to be back.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like you two are still together?
Speaker 4: Then, yeah, we are?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm shocked by that? Are you shocked by No?
Speaker 8: I'm really glad that we tried again because it's been going really well.
Speaker 4: I really like him. Yeah.
Speaker 9: No drama, no, yeah, yeah, I mean there was okay, So, for the purposes of this call, I feel like it bears repeating that there was another cheating scandal that we survived.
Speaker 1: But again, oh no.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, it was not cheating.
Speaker 4: That was not cheating.
Speaker 3: Wait what what? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Wait can you tell us what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the plate tell her the.
Speaker 1: Wait what happened?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 8: We were out when in a bar and I like slightly made out with a girl, like not even it was slight.
Speaker 3: How is that much that is full cheating?
Speaker 8: Yeah, listen, I was a little dipsy, but he was there with me, and it's not like I was trying to like sneak around on him.
Speaker 4: He was there and it was literally a girlfriend of mine. So like, nothing romantic.
Speaker 2: Just I love my non romantic makeout sessions with my best.
Speaker 1: Friends sometimes, Daniel.
Speaker 5: At the moment, I wasn't. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought, Wait, if she's her friend, that's worse, because if it was just some random person and you're drunk, you can kind of forget about that. God, you are so dumb.
Speaker 7: Right now, here's the start of an argument that I don't know that we want to be okay, sides that little hiccup in the road.
Speaker 1: You guys are good. It doesn't sound serious.
Speaker 4: Guys, We are so good.
Speaker 9: We are good, Daniel, you agree, Yes, I absolutely agree.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we're happy that it sounds like you guys are doing good to get that, whatever that means to you, we're happy. We're happy exactly. It's Brook and Jeffary in the morning.