Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: You're representing him, and now you're working on a professional career as well. Right at the point where he's about to come back.
Speaker 5: Exactly Wow, and the agent you took a test to think test right, Okay, so you become an agent. You said that he doesn't get an extension, right, So now he's a free agent at that point in time.
Speaker 6: So yeah, one more year on this contract, which was an option year.
Speaker 7: Yeah he played that.
Speaker 6: Yea, that would have been the twenty two to twenty three was his option year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he took the option. He played, and then we saw traded traded to Dallas.
Speaker 7: But he got traded mid season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he got traded. But so as that process is happening, that's on the court. But Nike, I mean, this is a premier athlete. Like we went over, there's obviously Jordan and Jordan Brand and then it's Kobe and then it's like Lebron Kai kd. What are those conversations like because this is one of the premier athletes, his uncle Drew, this is the top selling shoe.
Speaker 3: Kids love it.
Speaker 6: His shoes were still selling. At the same time the shoes were still selling. We were in conversations, well, we hadn't really started at that point about what the next steps would be, if he was going to remain a signature athlete or not, in what way they wanted to continue that. We hadn't even started that yet his shoes were.
Speaker 7: So they're definitely on board, We're.
Speaker 6: Already I wouldn't say they were fully on board. I think that internally, like within every company, everybody had issues with there were people that were, I'm pro vaccination and people that were I'm anti vaccination, and so I think that probably within and I don't know this to be true, within those Nike walls, there were people that said, Hey, you're forcing me to get vaccinated, but you have a signature athlete that isn't vaccinated. What kind of messaging is that sending. So I'm sure you know everybody, it was a full coal time for every company, just having the conversation about vaccine versus non vaccination.
Speaker 5: So he makes it through that and now he's playing for the nets, and then something else happens. So he shares a link to a documentary and that causes another firestorm and he gets suspended indefinitely. And okay, so now NBA punishing the broken nets, punishing them. But now the Nike situation starts to unravel because now Nike at some point steps away from him. Right, was he up for a new contract or did they just terminate the current contract? He was up for a new contract. It just so happened out timing was at the same time at the same time, So they didn't technically terminate him. They just didn't knew They did nothing essentially, Yeah, to extend that contract essentially, how was okay? So how was that? That was another obviously very high profile news story. How was that for you and for him going through that?
Speaker 6: I think what he wanted and perhaps what he would have wanted from Nike, I don't know if Nike would have been able to give it to him, because he wanted a lot more creative control, he wanted a lot more equity, he wanted higher commission, like there were there were things that he wanted that I honestly think that just was not within Nike's ecosystem to provide or to give.
Speaker 4: So, regardless of the situation it was Nike, he still not might have been home for you guys anyway exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I think he tweeted and said that he didn't like to shoot they had put.
Speaker 4: Out it was a deniging, uh the Eights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how but how was the from getting suspended?
Speaker 7: How is that dealing? Once again? Now you gotta deal with the Brooklyn nuts, you gotta deal with the NBA.
Speaker 5: He had to go meet with the commissioner and a bunch of others, tough community service and different things at HLA. How is that because he just went through something previously with COVID, now he's going something going through something completely different, but another thing less than a year later.
Speaker 7: So how was that for you guys going through that difficult?
Speaker 6: It was. It was a very very difficult moment and I think that to really dev into.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank. Keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdiic.
Speaker 3: Erners what's up.
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there at to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Nohm, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, or one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 3: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: To that detail, I don't want him to be here to really talk it through because there was so many nuances there that I think when you really hear the real story behind it, it'll make it'll make your jaw drop.
Speaker 4: You have probably one of the most intensifying first years on the job very much. Maybe ever right you're talking about that the shoe contract negotiation and be a contract negotiation, suspensions world, pandemics like all that's happening in your first year. So we're at the point where you know, we're looking at from a financial standpoint, and some of the things that you want from a shoe deal, it's.
Speaker 7: Not going to happen. Perhaps that night.
Speaker 4: Are other shoe companies reaching out and offering because I know we land and we'll get to that. Are other shoe companies reaching out and saying, this is a prize free agent. From an athletic endorsement standpoint, we should go ahead and try to sign them.
Speaker 6: Initially, we wanted to go independent, okay, And we had a lot of conversations with being a real independent shoe brand, and I sort of made the decision collectively with his dad that that probably wasn't the best route because building a shoe and building a performance shoe on the court where his feet are your most valuable asset, was something that we were just really worried about from just being an dependent brand, just having all of the resources, the tools and everything to make sure that his feet were protected. We want him to have a very long career, and so we didn't want to jump out and say, hey, we're going to do this independent and we produce a shoe that just couldn't.
Speaker 5: Stand well you did you ever look at the big ball of brand and what happened with that as something.
Speaker 4: That was as you said, that study, because I mean they said that, I don't know if it's true or not.
Speaker 7: Shout out to Lonzo.
Speaker 5: He came to investments, but they say one of the reasons why he's hurt is because of the shoe. I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 7: It broke down. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, and you know, I don't I just I think that when you think about performance and the way he moves in the angles in which he moves on the court. And remember I talked about, you know, your research and you study, being independent and just basically producing a shoe that can achieve that mechanism was something that we all were really concerned about. There's something that you can kind of build a plane while flying it. This wasn't one of them, and this was one of them that we just didn't want to take that that that chance on and that's just being honest.
Speaker 4: So you end up with at Edna right, No, Ante, I'm sorry, Answa. And so this is interest it because this is now I'm looking at this as a global play, right like they have at the time. Well, Dwayne Wade was there. Who's who's at Uh Clay Thompson, That's what it was. Are you watching how he's structuring his deal and and looking at this is completely independent. We want to have a global brand. This is a company that I think we can partner with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we took the time to kind of figure out what did we really want an a shoe deal. So before we even you know, when it was Nike was done, it was like, what is what's important? So it was creativity, it was price point, quality, products of other things. And so when we started to have the conversations with Anton a few other companies, it was really about us creating our own contract because we didn't want something that was really a traditional contract where it was like you just get royalties and you get a base commission and you walk away. We wanted something that had a lot more ownership for us because we knew that once we put Kai in the lab, we knew what he was going to create. At the end of the day, we wanted something that gave us real equity, that gave us a real opportunity to control the narrative and do something really different. We wanted something that was international, and we wanted something that we could also use as a springboard. So we knew that in China his shoes were very successful, So it just made sense right when we looked at if we thought about what part of the world were his number one sales, it was China. So we immediately kind of stood there and said, what can we build here and expand?
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's Law Cause border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,