Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's Podcast with your host. Now, fuck that with your load glasses Malone.
Speaker 2: He no, who's that other guy?
Speaker 1: Man? That other guy randomly just appeared. You know what, My god just appeared.
Speaker 3: Shout out to just Blaze who said it and told the truth. The Boogieyman is back? Still is the boogieman?
Speaker 2: Hey man? What's happening? Philip?
Speaker 3: I know he meant dot but still is the new boogie man? Squishy? What's hedden? In a blaze? Kelvin, what's happening? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nah no no, no no no Kevin, no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: No no no no nah no no no.
Speaker 1: It's funny because Wednesday, right after we finished the live stream, right, I realized, Pete, I'm like, yo, we got to talk about how did the party die? We was talking about you know, dot Son and is watch the party die? I was, I'm ready, I was ready, right, and I'm like, now we're gonna hold it to next week to talk about how the party died? No, I said, we was gonna hold it till Friday talk about how the party died? No?
Speaker 3: I did not. What's funny is.
Speaker 1: I had just text him on Wednesday because I'm like, hey, you should come on the live stream.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm you know, I was like, I wanted to get.
Speaker 1: Him on the live stream for us to talk about like how when we was coming up in Los Angeles, you know what I mean, and making music, how how influential the club was and how we used to be. So I hit Dot, I'm like, hey, feel me like, I want you to come on my live stream, right And he didn't hit me back till today. He just started laughing. I was like, Okay, I see what happened that.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you know he got people.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that. I know, Dot it come on. That's not even true, Like he'll come on. I don't believe that for two seconds. The hummy is not gonna not come on. That's just crazy that that's just not really.
Speaker 2: I think he got a lot of engagements too, bro, So I think that would definitely, you know. I told me, and eight got into it about that a little bit. He said, Man, daughters to be I said, Man, I'm gonna tell you something you don't know. Dude will pop up, Yeah, for sure, So I see watching Yeah, short for.
Speaker 1: Sure, he the type of nigga that's gonna have a different log in information and be watching and and and this is what's crazy to me, right, is this is what's crazy to me? Right. I am hyper critical on all my homeboys. I don't care if it's Chuck, if it's Gang, you know what I'm saying, if it's Nip, if it's Dot, if it's Rock, if it's problem. I am hyper critical on all my homeboys. When it comes to music, I don't give nobody nothing extra. I told people I thought mister Morale and the Big Steppers sounded like cat scratching paper. I was like, I don't care if we can't be friends because I'm being honest about music and records. You feel me, then we not friends and I ain't never huh.
Speaker 2: You know my theory, g if you can't if you somebody's freeing, especially about your craft, you were supposed to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so check it.
Speaker 1: So just like I can actually say I didn't like good Kid, I mean mister Morale and a big Stepper, and I could be like, man, it sounds like cast scratching paper. I can hear the therapy like this is my Nigga. I love him, that'll change that. I have the highest expectations for his craft. He is a craftsman, no different than me and maybe even greater. Like it's that serious. So if I can't be honest with my homeboys, feel me, then they not my homeboys. So I've always been honest. I always been honest. So it's crazy that he dropped the record. Like I said, and like I said, I wanted to talk about how our experience was in LA partying and how it mattered to our music scene. Right, that was an important conversation that I wanted to have. And fast forward, my Nigga dropped his best.
Speaker 2: Album, really his work by far far.
Speaker 1: And no, it don't always take ten listens. It don't always. It don't take that cause it really if you notice, I noticed shit. I gave my life to it. I gave my finances to it. From two you know, big bro, from twenty eleven to twenty twenty two, I went on a whole sabbatic or learning what this shit was about. I didn't even care about making money. You thought I was crazy. My big brother thought I was crazy. Feel me, everybody thought I was crazy. I gave my all to learn this game. So trust me, when I hear it, I know it. I know it. I played it, when I saw it, I went through it.
Speaker 3: It's the truest representation.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of artists, including Dot and any artists project who they want people to see and who they want to be, right. They set a standard above themselves and then they go there right, And I think that's fantastic. But then there's the reality and the comfort of being who you are. And I think it took God to become a big homie for him to understand who he was, Like I used to genuinely think he would be like rejecting success cuz I used to think he would be rejecting success like he would do stuff like mind you cut the song with with with fucking Asap Rocky, uh you know what mean? And as sophisticated and as great as to pimp is. I love it, but it really is more of a sophistication than a jazz version of a record. And I remember seeing that and talking to him and being like, Bro, you gotta go win this shit, like nigga, everybody you know, we've been trying to get to this spot.
Speaker 3: Nigga, you gotta win it, nigga. It's right here.
Speaker 1: And I remember Damn coming out and being so impressed with the sonics of it, right, just really enjoying the sonics of Damn. Like man, this album is sonically like the thing about Good Kid and the Pimp. He understood how a story would connecting album. He knew how to talk his way and concept his way through an assortment of work. That's how when you first come in this game, if you're not a musician person that you make music, especially as a thought leader, you feel me hold on, want to say, y'all, y'all keep it going, all right?
Speaker 2: You knew the one thing about this album. First of all, what up, Pete?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Shoot man? Glad to be back, bro been out there running a round chicken with my head cut off, man. But the thing I like about his album, like to hear it rate what he said, is that it is the truest representation of the k out that we know. And I like it because I don't give a fuck attitude. I'm not your friend. I'm not here to be friends with your attitude. I love it, man, That's what it's about.
Speaker 3: I'm here to rule bro, And.
Speaker 1: So as I'm listening to the album, right, I'm listening to the simple connections you feel me, the simple connections, the things that make an album flow. Right, I'm listening to that. I can hear it like, I know what it sounds like. I'm listening to enough great records to know how it sounds right. And I thought it was impressive. But when I'm listening to it, those are easy things to listen to.
Speaker 3: Oh do it connect now?
Speaker 2: Gee has to tell you always keep a read on. I'm gonna tell you the one thing that's gonna grow certain people because the average person that consume music ain't really a music person necessarily. I'm talking about the whole theory behind certain beat selection. This counna be some people that don't get certain songs.
Speaker 1: But that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You keep getting up with you good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Trap just came. Trap came to the spot. So I'm turning on the camera. Give me y'all what like in real life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you popped up cut. It's a good day to be on the coach, you feel me?
Speaker 1: So let's not over do it. Listen them up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm setting him up.
Speaker 1: I should have said him upcause he said he was gonna come so feel me like, I get it. It's all plugged in, bro, Like, that's easy to plug in an album. It's easy to make a track list to flow at this level. Now, at the beginning level, but at this level, that's expected for a flow of an album. When you capture, when you capture culture, when you capture sonics, and you capture the story, the essence of something, that's what makes it great. That's why this album is better than Good Kid, Mass City, Good Kid Mass City. Good Kid mass City was great because that was the first time people heard a dot at a mass level and it was.
Speaker 3: All plugged in, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He understood sonically, right, He understood sonically, not not so much sonically because I.
Speaker 3: Think he was still fresh to it at that point.
Speaker 1: He understood how to use the words and the concepts to make a story flow.
Speaker 2: When you talk about culture, man, him putting.
Speaker 1: On a one on the on the one joint the Merroos.
Speaker 2: Record Dog, that was crazy, I said, because that was something he probably could have win it sample to had somebody do it. But he again, authenticity.
Speaker 3: Hip hop is the business of we.
Speaker 1: I oh, always tell you this, and we always disagree, because hip hop is the business of we.
Speaker 3: It's not the business of me, it's the culture of we.
Speaker 1: That's why this album is, Byfoar, his best one by far. One listen, it even take me that much. It didn't even take me that much work to hear it.
Speaker 3: It's by far his.
Speaker 1: Best one, by far, because he was able to capture culture right, he was able to plug it in, and he was able to sonically hold it down. The sonics of it is so special. And one thing that I liked the most about it is still one thing I loved the motion about.
Speaker 3: It was bro that dude was.
Speaker 1: You could tell this is the most confident in who he is to me, Like, I think he was really looking for himself. On Mister Morale and the Big Steppers. I genuinely thought he was looking for himself. I could tell he had been going to therapy. I can hear it in the record.
Speaker 2: Yea, he sounded free. Though he sounded empty.
Speaker 3: I can hear it in the record.
Speaker 2: They said, you know, you know how you hear artists, man, they just sound empt that. He sounds empty. He sounds like he don't have no restrictions and chains on no sounds.
Speaker 3: Free and.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Mommy trap trapping the bill Taffy on camera and it was having this track Queeze is in the West. Hold up, so hold up, No Seilings Live the Lunch Hour. We already fifteen minutes in and we ain't even announced the show. Shout out to all one hundred people in here that get what's happening, that know what's happening. You feel me. I'm glad y'all hear No Sinners Live to lunch y'all were Monday, Wednesday Friday noons specific standard time, Pacific standard time. Click that thumbs up, but let everybody know you here. Share this link, send it out to a couple of people. Click the link in the description to the No Selings podcast. This might be my last year of podcasting.
Speaker 3: Click the link.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to the podcast you feel me? Go to Apple Music wherever you get your podcasts. No Seilings Executive produced by Charlemagne, the God Black Effect and I Heart Network.
Speaker 3: So again I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to bring Dot on the stream and I sent him a message and I was like, yo, because my idea from Wednesday was like I wanted to talk about how the party died like I was like, I thought that was im Morton.
Speaker 2: Huh cinema link.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just send him. I just send him the thing now to watch it. It's too late, it's too many of us. Now. You gotta wait another day. Homie got away another day. The players is in here today. So we're glowing on that win. That can't be on here while were glowing on him.
Speaker 3: That ain't clear.
Speaker 4: If the price is right, I couldn't step out of my square for for him.
Speaker 1: If he got to be better for the audience, he would have to cash after at least a thousand.
Speaker 3: But I don't want him to come today, man.
Speaker 1: See shout out to Chariz, who already bought his lunch ten dollars. Cherise, I love you, we appreciate it. That's lunch for the day. Y'all can looking super chat. We ain't lunch, y'all buying his lunch. K I dropped the best album of his career. I am in here, super Yes, we are, Yes, we are. We're not even gonna gosm No.
Speaker 3: No, it's not haterism. It's not it's not haterism.
Speaker 1: How't we gonna do that? It's the truth trap. All right, it's the most West Coast album he ever dropped.
Speaker 3: It's not about West Coast.
Speaker 1: That's just lazy. That's no hip hop is where you from, so you can't say West Coast. That's like Ill Madic is noa's most East coast South No.
Speaker 3: Exactly, So don't switch it up now. Don't switch it up now.
Speaker 1: When nahs start making all the ship for all of us, y'all niggas, y'all niggas was like, yeah, y'all went, you're feeling it, y'all so bad and you a queen's nigga, y'all talk so bad about the second NAS album, Yes, I did in Real Time Your Life because it didn't sound like ill Maddic. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: When he came out with a fucking pink suit on said what the fuck is he doing right now? Don't got a pink suit on?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: You went from army fatigues and bucking's on to wearing a pink suit.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's true, But it also was the music because y'all was hyper critical that it didn't sound like Ill Maadic, It didn't sound overly New York. So when it starts sounding like other reasons. Don't say, oh it sounds so West Coach. No, Nigga Illmatic sounds so East Coach. But that also is why you consider it hip hop. So again, being of your culture is what hip hop is all about. And this album he owned the space. I was just telling. Still, I genuinely think because him becoming a big homie is what he needed. I think he spent so much time avoiding his destiny as the one, and I think right now he's starting to understand how to carry it. He's like Kep making music. He's going to be better than he ever was before. Yet that wasn't even Wayne Tip. That wasn't even I don't even know why people even talking about that. That was, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was a little It.
Speaker 1: Was the disappointment and somebody that that dude who he patterned his style to the point where he had a project call C four behind him. And I'm not mad at ain't for saying he was disappointed for not getting the thing. But I do think is of you know, especially like a first Battle Hall of Famer like Tune, you gotta steal embrace. You still got to make the call and be like I'm proud of you. Even if you tell your fans, hey, I'm disappointed, you still got to pick up the phone because this is really one of your disciples, Like that is a tone disciple because like the real deal too.
Speaker 3: His whole style was influenced by Wayne.
Speaker 2: She listened to the bar. I used to bump the card three. I help my ro league chain proud irony. I think my hard work little Wayne down.
Speaker 1: Yes, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Jab dog was a little thump in the ear.
Speaker 3: I got to stop doing that in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Well when I referenced somebody and I explain how some hurt my feelings, I'm jabbing you now, y'all.
Speaker 3: So God damn messy. That wasn't no jab.
Speaker 1: At all, and nobody that Yeah, y'are horrible. I'm just but that's not what happened. Like, you don't have to make that the truth for that to be what it is.
Speaker 3: It might not be the truth, but it sounds good though.
Speaker 1: So if you think that's a jab, you think that's what he said for Sloop as a jab too. That's my point.
Speaker 2: No, you knew what it was the jaz Man. I think it was dope that he addressed it though.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even care if I don't find it dope he addressed it, or dope that he didn't if he did. I'm taking from an artist, right, but I'm saying, none of it is None of this is a jab. None of this is a jaz. He's not dissing any of these people. There's no disrespect. He's not even shooting at him. He's giving you how he felt.
Speaker 3: But we asked.
Speaker 1: I think people genuinely, genuinely would like to know how Cuz felt when the shit happened, like, and he gave it to you, and then you taking it and making it a fucking jab. It's not. He just told you this is how I felt when these things happened, and he handled the legends can see with care.
Speaker 3: That's the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: Now he did it right. Oh what he's saying, he got some slappers on there?
Speaker 3: You do you do?
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that hart six. I like the fact that he took it back and he changed it up because remember remember that, dad, I'll put out a hard six. The last this that was like he look like the when he the dead, al dead, I'll put out the dead. I'll put out you feel me, because he put out the yea all that feel me, and he took it back by making a song, made a real song too that everybody's gonna play. That's gonna pass your little piece of ship. This where you tried to do that chicken ship ship And I'm so I be so happy and proud of because y'all don't realize like the journey.
Speaker 3: And it's like, I love that he's owning where he's at.
Speaker 1: I like he put them you boy, I like he did that, Like that's how you do it.
Speaker 3: Who was the features?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: A who's the feature that? I know? We got paid so on there you got a couple, dude, I know we got Jay hit on there, he got hit the j on there.
Speaker 3: You got a few people go.
Speaker 2: I don't know about this, the people playing albums out there and not putting the features on the when when they first come out, though.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think it's I think it's a way for you to go and to go investigate.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that. I don't mind.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to hear who certain people is. When I was over there with Snoop the other day and they was playing a record, it was a record I was like, who the fuck is this nigga snuppet?
Speaker 3: It's method, man, but.
Speaker 1: Dre mixed it, you know what I mean? Like Dra mixed it so motherfucking clean.
Speaker 2: You don't know what man, you know, I'm always keeping real only the only small snitching I got with this apt even say it's a problem, but that be off beat sound like a poor man first that they not like us. No, it's still the same thing with death, damn it.
Speaker 1: You're just being a fucking stickler. I'm not, man, I didn't see it was bad.
Speaker 2: It's a dupe song.
Speaker 1: But look I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. You know that, No, I see it.
Speaker 2: I'm not an assault in him. This is a breaking album though. This is definitely a five mic album.
Speaker 3: Shout out to this album is sonically disgusting.
Speaker 1: Wow, it.
Speaker 3: Best album on G I understand, like it's fire.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand something. You take a real pro West Coast stance, and this is a West Coast sound album. Cherice is probably used to. She probably preferred something you.
Speaker 1: Can see the wire moji, so you gotta yea. It wasn't disgusting, like.
Speaker 3: To tell, and I fucked with the album. The whole sentiment, the sound all that.
Speaker 1: I just ain't ready to say it's better than good Kid, mass City session a to it's better, it's better.
Speaker 3: Come on trap Like y'all know I've been hyper critical.
Speaker 1: I'm hypercritical.
Speaker 3: I don't damn while.
Speaker 1: You know that's why you feel like that about it. This is what you want him to do. It's not what I wanted, you know, I don't bro, I don't want you know, hip hop is street urban culture. I want every hip hop artist to own the culture. That's all I've ever wanted for all of us. Once I've realized what it was, I want to hear it. It made me go back and listen to Amatic differently. Now I can appreciate them like I get it. He owned this ship, and then every dude, biggie, everybody, they tried to do it behind it, and some of them had to kind of sell it out to cross over.
Speaker 3: You don't have to hear what else was going on.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this thing.
Speaker 2: Right, So, you think that this is the blueprint, I mean, the blueprint to what people out here need to do in order to get heard. To the to the man, you know, I think that is so unique. Man, I think that's almost unfair to somebody else say that stuff? Is they Blueprint?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to the hommie. Is this not your West Coast bias? No, I don't have a bias when I live like you call me New York bias. You are very West Coast you're supposed to be. It's not a bias. I am from California. From watching Nigga, I am from Compton and Watts.
Speaker 3: I grew up there.
Speaker 2: You can't hear that tv R beat sound just like they're not like this. I just don't.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. I would start picking every last album in the history. He sh it sounds the same. It's dope.
Speaker 3: But you being a stickler for no reason when you don't have to like.
Speaker 1: As such as when musing as much as you want to keep using it.
Speaker 2: But the point you got a bunch of crypt walking beats on there.
Speaker 1: That's not why I like it. Everybody put out different music. I like all kind of stuff like it's just lazy. Like I like Juvenile for one the degrees because it sounds like New Orleans. I like Blueprint because it sounds.
Speaker 3: Like New York. I like Bonn does in't harmony?
Speaker 1: Feel me? Cause it sounds like Cleveland, like when you see it. In my top five, Rick Ross is in my top five because his ship sound like Miami. That's what that ship supposed to sound like.
Speaker 2: You know what, Dog, this album is incredible. This album, it was incredible. I think I think thing.
Speaker 1: Shout out to T p J.
Speaker 3: Damn, it's his best g No, it's not. This is better than Damn.
Speaker 1: And you know what makes this better than dam because it's culturally exactly what it should.
Speaker 2: Be in the West coasts. Coach what it should be.
Speaker 1: That's not a West Coast bias. That's you're being intellectually dishonest. Every last region should have that sound.
Speaker 4: It's a pushback against what we've talked about before, the homogenization of the genre, which is odd to me because as like we've discussed, it's I would never have predicted that as it became easier to make beach locally that beachs would sound less locally made.
Speaker 5: But that's what happened, and it coach back against that in Glasses likes that.
Speaker 4: I understand that he have a West Coast biases all over the place, but this is not that at this moment, No, and.
Speaker 2: I don't have a West coast bias either. There's nothing wrong with your West coast bias.
Speaker 1: You are from coast. I don't have a West coast bias. I am from the West coast. So I understand what's happening.
Speaker 2: Hey, these spam people can call me a lot, right, and you know how?
Speaker 1: I fuck with him?
Speaker 2: Now, dog, watch this?
Speaker 1: Hello? Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not say hang up on me? I'll be fucking these spam people up. Dog. They called my phone, I said, why no. The one guy say, sir, we.
Speaker 6: Have you that.
Speaker 3: This is Norman Steeley and I said, yeah, this is him.
Speaker 2: How can I help you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He said stealing, Norman stealing? And I said yes. Still, So what I did was this gee? I said, I can I help you? And he says, yes, I have. He said, do you want I have here that you have won a prize? I said how much? He said, well you have to pick. I said, hey, want the million dollars? He said, well this you have to pay it back? And I said, well, how long do you have before you pay it back? And I said I can pay it back into weeks. Ain't going to buy a new car and I ain't going to steal to my car Let's get back to the thing.
Speaker 1: Bough shout out to probably why even the language of the song titles and slang he's using is in direct connection to his true culture. He put a damn regal on the cover exactly. That's not a bias. I want my New York artists to sound like they're from New York. I want my New Orleans artists to sound like they're from New Orleans. I want.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: You don't like it, but again that but that's what I'm not supposed to understand it. I'm not from fucking New York. I'm not a Penis writer acting like I get what's going on. I don't even know what music is good music. You know what's ain't about good music? Stop saying that I keeping New Orleans like New Orleans.
Speaker 2: You know, the ghetto boys.
Speaker 1: Get mad at you when you do this because you are army brat. You just transferred town to town. So you want to just make whatever you want to make. That ain't hip hop, that's not That's why when Tupac came down here, he made an album for l A.
Speaker 3: He understood the assignment. You didn't understand the simon when you came here. From Cleveland.
Speaker 1: You tried to hold onto your Cleveland roofs. Move your ass back there and do colass with bone. But if you come down here and you get in the soil, your ass better represent It's.
Speaker 2: Because when brother laid my head, that that's the lamb baby.
Speaker 3: Locals, because hip hop is that's what hip hop is.
Speaker 6: You know what I like?
Speaker 3: Al was like a queen's nigga. He didn't come out here be like, yeah, cousin bloods and no, he was like, what's up?
Speaker 1: Son? Kid? Beating was the that's what it's supposed to be. Hey, now say now, you don't get that still because said he was at first, who he said, Brocken. That's why that's why it's not working the same. That's also why Asap Rocky don't have the career he should, Big bro Asap Rocky as a brand is popular because he's a fashion guy, like a true New York nick. He understands it, but his music career is not that because there is a disconnect culturally.
Speaker 2: No music career. I got a band of baby mamic career.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not an insult to rock It's not an insult to Rocky. I'm telling you this is why it's not carried. Look at the greatest artist from a region, look at the greatest artists. Gee, is it fair to say? I mean, in my opinion. And granted, there's a certain.
Speaker 5: Time component to this, as we've discussed before.
Speaker 4: We're you know, early on enough, there wasn't regionally established sounds yet. But like Scarface honestly doesn't sound super Houston musically. He does sound kind of East, but he's very early in the genre so that the sound hadn't been developed, And you think that kind of hurt because he could and should probably be a much.
Speaker 5: Bigger I got his legendary, but he's not.
Speaker 1: You have the.
Speaker 3: I get what you're saying, but let me explain this to you.
Speaker 1: First. Start shout out to Clip Wilson, and I appreciate everybody that's here. No selllings. The lunch hour. We are breaking records. We're doing more people than we ever did, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Right now, so that's dope.
Speaker 1: It's perfect time for y'all to be here because we popping it and my boy served with the best album of his career. I'm proud of him. Shout out to Clip Wilson. I'm from the East Coast, Harlem specifically, and love the fact that the West is standing on business and supporting their own.
Speaker 3: That's what hip hop is. This album is dope as ship.
Speaker 1: You're damn right, clip shout out to Harlem, because that's what hip hop is. It is the business of we We back to your Scarface question, Pete, Scarface. Scarface was really like remember Scarface in the early eighties, NWA ghetto boys, hip hop didn't quite figure out what it was.
Speaker 3: You made the music like sure, like like the fathers of hip hop. You made it like New York.
Speaker 1: You tried to add where you special, but you kept it very much in the foundational sense. But listen to be hold on, hold on. Scarface started to define himself. He brought the version of blues, and blues just ain't as popular as everything else. Funk is fun, jazz is jazzy, R and b is everybody shit Because Scarface kind of lives and resides in blues, it's not it doesn't seem as popular. But trust me, Scarface is beloved by the hip hop the whole country. With multiple platinum ax you know, spanning multiple platinum AUMs spanning over ten years. That's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: You know. I never thought about that, that he's like part of the blues type of type of sound that came into the hip hop. That's a fact though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he orchestrated it, you know what I mean, that's what the South brought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trap cup, piano player, guitary.
Speaker 2: The one thing I want to say about face G is when he dropped the world is Yours between the missus scar faces back in the World is Yours.
Speaker 3: You can see the experimentation of his sound.
Speaker 2: He kind of was going from the funk to the blues, kind of going back and forth, you know what I mean. He had a lot of funk in there too, right, a lot of a lot of flips from Bootsye and them, you know, a lot of Bootsy flips and stuff like that. Then he kind of found his lane with the blues. All Brad was was a pastor dog, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A Southern pastor like Martin Luther King.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it don't make me Houston biased because I appreciate the Southern roots, the Baptist style about his staff. That's what's he delivers it, you know what I mean. And that's what's important about this album.
Speaker 3: GNX. Even the car is a two hundred thousand dollars regal, Like the homie.
Speaker 1: Just said, like that's culture, Like that's what you're supposed to do. Somebody asked me, did I think this created a blueprint? No, this is what you're supposed to do, and him got, yeah, but this is what you're supposed to do in hip hop. This blueprint already been established. Now y'all seeing Dot do it. Y'all been watching Dot do things based off of where his shit was at, where things was working at. Now you're seeing him own the status that he is. Out West asked, primarily a thought leader, and he's.
Speaker 2: This album definitely put him in that. He was already there broke, but this album definitely man and it could be debated a little bit. This put him up there with like, oh status bro with He's up there now like you gotta really you got.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say he bumps out my guys in the top five, but I'm about to argue he might start bumping some guys out that top ten.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's up there. He's up there right now, look a little bit different. Yeah, That's what I'm saying. He might he might be he might have knocked Cue off his throwing dog.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take my time. Shout out the Q who just dropped the dope album today too. I yeah, we gotta get into it. Got and that's not Let me verify this. Let me clarify something that's not a knock against Q. It's more so shating the spotlight on dots growth from greatness right because you know you got to debate that now because for the longest it was undebatable. Dog two ice Q snoop, So you know dog for forty short It's like that was like the right there. Somebody got it, somebody who had to move a little bit, or we may just have to make an additional on spot up there for him. No Selings live the lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday noon Pacific Standard time. We right here doing the thing. Click the thumbs up button. Let everybody you know you hear, share it. Let other people go. We breaking numbers today on YouTube. We finally getting this thing rolling. Fit me shout out to Die for dropping this thing. That God is going.
Speaker 3: It is incredible.
Speaker 1: It is his best album. It took me one listen to figure it out because I fuck with the music. Y'all have figured out later, but y'all gonna come to it. Click the link in the description. Subscribe to the No Selings podcast. That's why we do this to promote No Seilings to podcast. Go over to Apple Podcasts anywhere you get your podcasts. Subscribe to No Seilings Executive produced by Charlemagne to God the Black Defect. iHeart at a point post top rap are stop making music for the region.
Speaker 3: On the up side of the latter, no argument, just observation.
Speaker 1: Shout out to whoever this is.
Speaker 3: His name is a dot, but he's making incredible points.
Speaker 1: That is true because Coach is not anonymously dot. Maybe it could be just don't know right, but to be honest, yes I agree. But what happens is is because your life changes and you will send into a pop iconic status. If you're successful. The more successful you are, you will send in too popular statues. So yes, you eventually start to shd culture. But the very greatest hip hop artist don't shed coature Like I went to Snoops Compound and he played me missionary. Dre is really clean now Drake cleaned up his production. It ain't funky at all. It very much has a hip hop but like a pop field. Even though it's still hard, it's clean. It's really scrubbed. He scrubbed it. I'm not necessarily the greatest fan of him over scrubbing it, but it's doctor dread. What the hell I'm gonna tell you what you don't clean? Snoop up Snoop is Snoop Dog, jay Z is jay Z. When they start talking, all the Brooklyn is gonna bleed out of them. When when Nad start talking, all the all the Queens is gonna bleed out of him. When Scarface talked on that mic, all of Houston is gonna bleed out of him. When Bond talked, all the pa is gonna bleed out of him. And that's the thing about hip hop. It's supposed to stain you. You're supposed to be permanently stained. You are if you are truly the coaching.
Speaker 2: Hey, she let me ask you a question since she was at the Snoop Bone, since you got the here the album with them is the song he had with Is that on the final track list?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it makes sense when you hear it.
Speaker 1: That song is Dope Dog.
Speaker 3: I really you know me like R and B.
Speaker 2: That record was really dope.
Speaker 1: Dog. It's crazy to hear byself from a snoop record, you know what I mean? But when you hear what the collaboration of songs, it makes perfect sense. I get that you did this stuff on that and.
Speaker 2: We got to give props to the homeboy man Rest in peace to our dog. You know, rap, contemporary rap or contemporary rap. You're starting to see a lot of that manifest now. Like when I heard that record. Gee, you remember the time you was coming to street with me. You told me that it's something like I was making R and B. Yeah, I think you just get to that place the more musical you get when you get older. Though, you ain't gotta start rapping, but you definitely kind of just a natural progression.
Speaker 3: But you got to back up in my opinion. You have to back up in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Really, But you know I'm not listen. In twenty twenty five, I made sure that I was gonna take my rifle places fear of hip hop, because.
Speaker 3: If I let y'all have an opinion, y'all go to damn far back up.
Speaker 1: No, she is too hard for.
Speaker 3: A year old man to be talking about up there shooting niggas.
Speaker 1: And I'm not. That's not being The culture is shooting people. Everybody around the world.
Speaker 3: Shoot people. Don't have none to do with coachure. Coach is how we talk.
Speaker 1: You never get too old for slang, you never get too old for the way we dress. You never get too old for that. Shooting don't got nothing to do with the coaches that you want to.
Speaker 2: Snoop this to continue crippling on record. As long as he did that, he was cool.
Speaker 1: He's a crip super Bowl and that livings. Why the funk would he not? Do you ever get too old to represent your family and your community? No, And if you got a shame, you was never proud to be from it in the first place. It ain't got to be looked upon like he ain't got to represent it to a certain way. Though. He ain't going to put in work on no other gangs. But he is showing people, Yes, he's showing people what a crip can become. He's the reason that my next five and six seven years is going to be a little easier because they did business with Snoop as a crip and he didn't let him down. So He's gonna make the journey for the next Cryp a lot easier than ever before. Shout out to Atlanta. Bird Gang not been a little Wayne Stand for years, and he has admitted that a truly Wayne Stand the realist deal he loved to him, So I know that hurt his feeling, But again he didn't diss him.
Speaker 3: He just explained how he felt about it.
Speaker 1: What is the I don't know what is the gnxstand for. The GNX is a specific regal. So in California, G Bodies regals Cutlasses.
Speaker 3: El Caminos like my song, which is crazy right.
Speaker 1: Cutlass says there's a specific years of cars, roughly from seventy nine to eighty seven eighty eight. They're called G Bodies. That's a real la thing. At my age group, we started it and that became our thing now. The gn X is a Buick regal, right, but it's a it's a souped up version of it from the factory. They have a version called the Grand National. You heard of a Grand National all black one. Larry June had a whole album dedicated to the Grand National. Well, this is one of even suped up more version of a Grand National. So there's the Regal right at the standard level eighty seven right. Then there's the Grand National, which is a souped up version of the Regal, and then there's the five hundred and forty seven GN next version, which is a suped up version of a Grand National. It's a two hundred thousand dollars car. It's the pinnacle of Los Angeles young street life. That's crazy if you nobody even has that car because it's such an expensive car to have now, Like back when I was growing up, it was a forty thousand dollars car. It never lost violence. It's five hundred and forty seven. And he talked of shit because he got the number one. So you get what I'm saying, Like, that's the coaches.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's his whip on the ND.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, and that's what he and that's some.
Speaker 1: And this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When people don't get what I'm looking at, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Just listen that car. Yes, shout out to David Jones, thank you for the ten dollars. That's super dope for the lunch. We appreciate that man. Shout out to everybody who hitting them. Super checks up again that's at the bottom right of the comments. If you're on YouTube. The line about letting Wayne down. Oh, just the pose with Coles letting nods down. It's hilarious. I'd rather let Wayne down, you stupid dad. Shout out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, David Jones, David Jones. Shout out to David Jones as you stupid bro.
Speaker 1: But but I didn't like the call. When the call was a bit weird and corny to me, Yeah, I didn't like that. I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Bella Max for the fifty dollars. I love you, thank you. That's a good lunch. We're eating good. Bella can't so listen. I am so proud. I'm so proud.
Speaker 1: And again, we initially started to talk about how the party died in LA and I wanted to associate why West Coast hip hop was struggling.
Speaker 3: West Coast hip hop, the majority.
Speaker 1: Of it is built on funk. Funk is the ultimate party music. People party hard to funk. Whether it's James Brown, Parliament funk. Just as we moved through the Statues of Funk all the way up to g funk, it's been the party. So our records had the benefit of this great weather and the opportunity to always have parties. We've always had that and that's what moved the records right. But what killed partying on the West Coast right was bottle service as we adopted as we adopted bottle service as a true identity of the club, and it came more or less about not meeting women and having a good time in dancing and just getting women easier, just flexing money. Guess what you kill people dancing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why exactly? Music don't have ways to.
Speaker 1: Actually spread Like problem is dropping a bunch of great records, problem jump, but there is no party scene to move it. Shout out to Mark Nasty, Shout out to a d They dropped the project called House of Waggens, amazing project, great songs to have fun and party two. But we don't have a party scene to spread the music. And West Coast music has been built on funk. So without the party scene, that's moving hard. You don't really have a way to make the music and everybody get familiar with it to build up the story for radio to become your mass promoter. So that's why so.
Speaker 2: I went to the I went to the show the other night with me go and I've seen I've seen the LA. I've seen a lot of different LA artists. They was more see that. But one thing I caught though, was that I see the I'm not gonna say copy, but the influence that that the younger youths is getting from Larry June right now. Yeah, Like it's a heavy you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Would you care to him as being the first one that.
Speaker 1: Like is that his? Is that his sound right there? No, that's a company. He makes mob music. It's like, uh, that's what the Bay Area is known for. But again that that's always gonna work, Like like Dom Kennedy, that's like kickback music.
Speaker 3: Arry, you know, you play the Monks to select friends.
Speaker 1: It's not full out of party groove where you're playing at the mix of a party, but if it's at a kickback at the gathering. Again, hip hop, like we talked about this, hip hop is a party. It is a bunch of people coming together to have a good time. Poor people making it work, right, it's taking the break and like I'm gonna make this work and everybody dancing and you know, having a great time. So even at the lowest levels, like a kickback where it's not as festive as a huge party, but it is a bunch of people socially gathering, you know what I'm saying, to have a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah are they said it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was yeah, y'all said about it was about three AUTI that was like, your hold on? Is this the just the way that county on? Like they just they copped I don't I don't want to say copying, but influence by it though, you know what I'm saying, I like it, you know what I'm saying, Like you know that, like going back through something you said earlier that early hip hop was a little you know, the only template for it was from the East Coast n w A had a lot of treacherous three in them mm hmm. Had a whole lot of tracks was three in them, you know, the whole going back and forth and rapping together and stuff. You know, the routines and stuff like that. They had a lot of New York routines and the stuff, but it was very much its West Coast lyrics on it.
Speaker 3: You know, shout out to super Jedi. I'm from the Midwest.
Speaker 1: This ship is fire has nothing to do with West Coast bias, a true West Coast. It's the best, like Kendrick's best, by far, I would say it, by far better than I'm gonna tell you where it beats good kids. It beats good kids in sonics because it's a West I don't know why you're doing this though, but it's not because it's West Yes.
Speaker 5: It is, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not the Resurrection tough song, every song, every song is dope. Who was the artist he was talking about though, who's the first artist? The Resurrection was the one where he he basically was describing it just got the male artist that was from Michigan played the guitar.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna listen to it twice.
Speaker 1: We're gonna double back and hand break because a breakdown is more a d h D thing, So we got to get into it. But it's more to that to me, it's not because it's West Coast. If it was juvenile getting with Manny Fresh, it would like if it's right, it's not because it's West Coast, it's because it's culturally true.
Speaker 3: I really need to the West Coast culture.
Speaker 1: Because he is from kans supposed godda.
Speaker 2: So you are supposed to say it's the best album too, because it's a West coast sanding.
Speaker 1: Now, but every West coast album don't sound good.
Speaker 4: I think the point is kind to get is like when when you dial it in and you localize it more, you get it becomes there's there's more cultural parts per million, you know, to the solution, and opposed to doing something that's more naturally branded, it gets a little bit diluted.
Speaker 5: You don't get as much culture for your minute.
Speaker 3: Especially the time when we don't have.
Speaker 1: Everything about hip hop is pasteurizing the modernized, which really is not hip hop at all, because if it starts being this thing that everybody can do, we stop being special. So yes, I'm going to praise a record that sounds like culturally correct. It's why we like Larry June. That's that's not some sound he made up. That is a version of mob music. That's a bay area of fun, like a quick question, like.
Speaker 4: Dre did at least to some degree, like the first fifty album, Right yeah, Diamond Monster album not necessarily saturated with queens quite so much more of a natural landscape, generic mega hip hop album.
Speaker 1: He definitely did small things like the tempos were just a little slower than the West would be at some because.
Speaker 3: Like, ain't that far apart.
Speaker 1: Like when New York gets really New York is when they get hella jazzy. That's that's their pride and joy. The jazz breaks, you know, I mean, but they do got as much fun, They got as much R and B as everybody else in the world. Were a deviation, you know, but I do agree with you that, like it's time to hear fifty cent with a Queen's producer. It's time to hear like if fifty wanted to make a new album, I would love to hear Havoc make music for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would these shout out to old Dog only driven on greatness.
Speaker 1: I like how you flip that? That's player bro Glasses. What are your favorite songs off the album so far? Wacked Out Murals obviously, Squabble Up, Reincordinated TV off, Dodger Blue Pigaboo Hard six album album I named a specific so I didn't name Gloria.
Speaker 3: I like it, like I didn't name Hey Now.
Speaker 1: So the Luther song is, but I didn't name it because it's not one of my favorite but it is an incredible song. And you know what I appreciate to me because I know Dot has been projecting. He's trying to ascend to his greatest self. So he's projecting it out there and.
Speaker 3: Then he's pursuing it.
Speaker 1: But when you hear it musically, in my opinion, right you can hear things are forced in there, not as smooth songs like Rich Spearit where I feel like the hook could have been a little bit more. But he's projecting his greatest self internally and then he's pursuing it. This is Dot straight up accepting who he is, owning it and every last hook comes across perfect you. I mean at that deep bro, like they never gave it to me. It should have never saved my life. That I know that this is what you was, you wanted since since you heard mister Morale, sure just what you This is what you told him. You told him that you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, and then like to get it and to get it. And I can see why you're you know what I'm saying, You accepting the avenue where you are and you loving ave where you are because this is what you wanted to hear from him. Though I'm gonna say this right here, it must be somewhere because when you're for your drop, I was in La when this drop right now, I was in l A. Yeah, I'm just saying like.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's a great point. Eulphouria is not a standard West Coast but I love it. So I do love what Dot naturally does and gravitary, I mean, I like good kid man city. I am appreciative of his understanding of every level of hip hop. And I don't want a discredit sound way of creating a sound that made TD successful. But I love to hear when he fit because again, there is no West Coast sound today to a degree, like Mustard sound is the closest. But he made something that felt compelling, like culturally it fit. Shout out to Sharis another two dollars man, that's Ain't you sure I gonna get us some sauce?
Speaker 3: TV off on super Bowl stage is going Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's going crazy. That's gonna be crazy. So how many these songs you think gonna be played at the super Bowl stage? You feel, well, it's only like twenty minutes, so he can't do too much. And I mean like, because you know you got to play an old song soup. So so I mean I'm trying to think I'm trying to get any arena sounding songs became the first song is arena sounding song.
Speaker 1: I feel like shout out to lift it. I like it more than Damn at the moment. It's better than damn. Shout out to all in good kid. Mats City is Kendrick's magnus opus. Even if you think this album is better, way too early to not true, not at this level. At this level, I know too much about records and hip hop.
Speaker 3: I got the question for you.
Speaker 1: Sure to have to pursue that thought. I know when it's better because I listened to both albums. It's better by far. Now that's different. No, I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: Some of this stuff we have to wait and see. Man, I think.
Speaker 1: I'm keeping it real. I'm not. Yeah, I'm not Finna jump up and says a classic is different, but it's some artists like the Fix is scarface classic, but untouchable. It is better than the Fix. Classic is about how public received and we talked about this, how the public receive it, not if it's a great album or if it's like does the time and Space open up for it to be as great as possible. Do the world needed do the world need g n X? I don't know that's what creates a classic. You know what I'm saying, We'll see you know what I'm saying, we'll see what well. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think whatever great artists do for hip hop, every I need a blueprint. Yeah, I needed four hundred degree. I needed you know what I mean, Like I needed the first Bone album.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I needed Yate you know, college drop out. You need great albums to inspire culture to keep moving forward and figuring it out.
Speaker 2: I think classic albums also got to shift culture though, too, and I feel like this could possibly do that through you know what I'm saying. It could It could bring it to the eyes like they was like like people were saying back, saying, Yo, the the the PopOut didn't do nothing for the for the West, it kept they was saying ship like that. I think this album right here could possibly you know what I'm saying, it's gonna put it onto you know what I'm saying, on to the West coast. You know what I'm saying, Like, like we listening to the album, like like the Western thing, like the okay, yeah, West Coast saying an album right there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But but again, like you just make the pace of life.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of times we just lazedly referenced something as like something sounding or West Coast sounding, but no, like really, the only true sound that ever came from the West Coast purely is like sunshine.
Speaker 3: Pop.
Speaker 1: Funk is not necessarily a Los Angeles thing. Like we didn't get in the funk to late in the game. Like who was our first big funk group, The Whispers, you know what I'm saying. That's in the eighties when they went funk. So it's like Barry White made like a kind of a hoop you know, pop disco type of thing, R and B. You know what I'm saying. So we was late in the funk game. G funk defines our funk for the most part. So it's not about our sound. It's when the music fits the pace of life and you have enough grit on it to make it feel like hip hop. Hip hop is all about being dirty. That's why Rizzy is one of the greatest ever because it's dirty. Shout out to shout out to Kelvin. I think I get what g is saying it's his best work because he is now pioneering and pushing the West Coast sound culture.
Speaker 3: The context is important when calling it his best work.
Speaker 1: No, that's why it's not. That's why because of these reasons. It's because the way it sounds is his best work. That's why it sounds the way it sounds. It's the opinion, bro, No, I don't. You got to stop thinking. You got to lead people to their opinion, have an opinion.
Speaker 2: You're getting mad at people because they say it in the best work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not. It's just I'm not correcting it.
Speaker 3: Damn it ain't you.
Speaker 1: Ain't being a good You not being a good person because you let sheep go where they want to go. It actually makes what the pieces of they don't know. They don't.
Speaker 3: That's not they don't, that's not the profession.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: Just because if you just think, sir, well done, I don't. I ain't hate no steak.
Speaker 2: Mistake medium to medium, Well, bro, I don't want my mistake a bunch of bloods.
Speaker 1: Playing to you.
Speaker 3: It's not no blood. Stop saying that.
Speaker 2: I don't care what it is, but I don't like my mistake.
Speaker 1: Listen, don't this is the problem when we give you an opinion because you started saying, well, medium, well, the medium is okay with me. I like that. I don't asking you what you think or what. So I'm telling you how to do it because you obviously are too chicken ship to understand how to do it. I've tried it that way. I've tried it. I don't like it. I don't like it. You will like medium well like I do a little bit of well, but I have a little bit of pink in it. But I don't want mysteak off. I don't want that. You don't.
Speaker 3: You never taste it and you're staring at it.
Speaker 2: I have tasted it before. You have that.
Speaker 1: G Up had a thousand doves stakes for and every time I had I've had states would go.
Speaker 3: Exactly wasting his money on that.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you this, if I'm gonna spend that much money on the steak, I'm gonna get that mother soup of the way I want it. Not when I find you one, I'm gonna say I.
Speaker 1: Would never go nowhere.
Speaker 3: Well, you would not embarrass me in front of the chef with your color it.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why they have different things.
Speaker 1: That's what imbarrassed me. Let me talk.
Speaker 2: That's why they had rare. That's why they had medium, medium, well and well done. Because people have choices. If that wasn't if it wasn't a palatable choice, it would just be like, okay, rare. You wouldn't have a choice of like chicken, you order chicken. You can't order a piece of medium well chicken. Chicken is just that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can. They don't call it that because they know you can help me.
Speaker 2: Can you eat chicken meeting whale chicken?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: Have you heard that? No, they don't have that offered, but they have to overcooked chicken for people like you because you staring at the food.
Speaker 2: Versus you get sick.
Speaker 3: You can die.
Speaker 2: You eat bro chicken.
Speaker 3: You ain't never even met nobody with salmonella in your life.
Speaker 1: You've never even seen it on You been saying that ship since.
Speaker 2: You can't eat meatium whale chicken bro chicken that got blood on the bone, dog is bad.
Speaker 1: For you though that you're not even true and it's not blood. Listen, the correct temperature to cooked chicken is to one sixty five. Black people like my point. It means the internal temperature, not the internal.
Speaker 3: Temperature is one sixty five. That's safe.
Speaker 1: It's when you get the chicken at this most moist and flavorful, you cook the damn flavor of the chicken, which is why you got to overseason it.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you brother told you this, man. I eat my steaks medium of medium.
Speaker 3: Will you like mediam well and well done?
Speaker 1: You're gonna tell me how to eat myta with you to.
Speaker 3: You, I bet you I'll never take you to no steakhouse.
Speaker 1: You won't let me.
Speaker 2: Steak house. I'm going ahead get.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't eat my steak well then I've never had.
Speaker 1: That's after my little cousin Daveon going for the five dollars lunch hour.
Speaker 3: We eating good up in here. Get a well done steak.
Speaker 1: That ironically bringing the West Coast party back, which was lacking. This is one hundred percent his best album. This got the audacity we need it from Dot as well. That's another thing this album had. He had another album. This album is rushing of audacity, it's bleeding of audacity.
Speaker 3: It's the nerve of this nigga to say that, you know why, because it's not over.
Speaker 2: Like the audacity is somebody telling people eat wrong chicken.
Speaker 3: You like a little kid. I'm not gonna talk to you about this, man.
Speaker 2: I ain't nothing to talk about, bro. I've never had a well done steak in my life.
Speaker 1: I never I live my.
Speaker 3: Five you know, not talking to you about it?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, still because you first.
Speaker 2: Get you, you don't know what I'm eating there telling me I think you have.
Speaker 1: You are like he's about he don't want no blood, so you know you ain't no medium.
Speaker 2: I eat my mistakes medium well to well, dog.
Speaker 3: That is done.
Speaker 1: Just say I said medium Will? I said medium well to me? Never had.
Speaker 2: Medium medium Well, I've never had well done steak on my mom mistake, made a mistake. I mean he must be medium medium Well, I would need cook geez, you wouldn't need twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna tell me what I do.
Speaker 1: Like you just like me what I do.
Speaker 3: You've been a big brother for twenty years.
Speaker 1: He's from stakes medium will dog like a medium whill. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Why is it an option? Why do they have this option?
Speaker 1: Because they know black people coming in and they want everybody they want either. No, y'all just the assholes that want to force y'all will on people. That's what they need. They do, Yes, they do force your will on me. That's the problem. You need some of this will, man, No, I don't. I'm gonna do what the hell I want to. I meant.
Speaker 2: So, you don't know that Rick fries with that mother sucifice. Would I want a mashed potatoes or baked potato. I'm gonna get me a glass of kool aid and enjoy my ship without you, without your interference. That's why nobody like you. See, that's the problem. Y'all want to control people.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs some people need to be They don't, man, People don't people need to free will that you go going up there with gat.
Speaker 2: Sauce A well done steak, bro nobody, I don't know well done steak.
Speaker 1: You're seeing something about a well done steak. I don't eat steak, well done, medium well to well. I said that medium will.
Speaker 2: I made a mistake when I said, well, I don't you know, man, I'm about it's time to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Man's any time to.
Speaker 3: Run from this trying to run.
Speaker 2: I eat my steaks medium or meetium. Well, when I went to France, it depends on where I'm going. If I'm in La I can order medium steak. But when I went the France, I asked him for a medium and they brought me some ship to look like he was about.
Speaker 1: Grow frenches he was in France.
Speaker 2: Huh did you asking for French fries when you was in France? Bro, French ries is not a French thing. Actually, Bro, I'm gonna tell you I mashed potatoes, baked potato. But if I want to eat French fries, I will. I have had a steak with some good French fries. Have you ever had a good steak, A good a good white U steak with some home field potatoes?
Speaker 3: Boy, I know I well down done?
Speaker 2: No, I don't medium, medium, well, the medium medium to medium weight.
Speaker 3: It ain't supposed to be nothing.
Speaker 1: Well then well done?
Speaker 2: A medium will with medium will? Y'all just trying to just enforce stuff from people. You know what I'm not, y'all are not gonna tell me what I'm gonna do. I want to my blood over eighty seven. I'm eating what the hell I want to and do what I want to. Still, let me ask you a question. So when was it a moment like when you listen to the album when you realize, Yo, this man doing some ship right now, like he cooking up right now. It was like, what what moment of the album was it the start of the album? Was it a couple of songs in when you realized you were listening to something special at the time?
Speaker 1: Men?
Speaker 2: You know what, Dog, it kind of started off from the beginning of the album at the kind of kind of from the beginning, Dog, and you know what, it was a couple of songs like I'm gonna tell you I like the Luther record. I love the Luther record on that right. What I like about the album, man, is it got a continuity to it. Man, everything on there is good. Now, use certain songs I like better than others, but it's a great album.
Speaker 1: Though. The first motherfucker from the first song I'm Gonna be real that was.
Speaker 3: The last song that they probably was looking for.
Speaker 2: When I heard Whacked Out Merors, though, I was like, this shit is genius, Dog, and it just you know what I pictured when I heard Whacked Out Mirrors? What's that bridge in that leg that you go over you know that little bridge when you're going downtown. Yeah, I pictured that whole scene when I it whacked out me and it's just that dope, bro. It's a really it's Don's greatest work though.
Speaker 1: Shout out to shout out to Kelvin. So this is best because it's final evolution. GNX is a culmination of section eighty good Kid, Mass City to Bi Butterfly, et cetera. No, it's not because of the final evolution, because I'm not saying this is still gonna be his best album he ever made.
Speaker 3: He still may make a better album than this.
Speaker 1: This is the best album he's ever made because it's the culmination of his knowledge of how to do things.
Speaker 3: That's how he was able to make it. It actually just worked out, man, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: Actually, he actually has all the tools and everything the knowledge now and he's also claimed his life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's claimed his.
Speaker 1: Life in his rifle places who he is. He understands how to be it with with still being itself. To me, there were times where Doc felt like or I think I never asked my asking, but I felt like he thought being a piru meant you had to be something else, or being from Compton sometimes mean you have to be something else. It's not like Snoop understood it. Ice Ta understood it. Being a crip is whatever you decide it is.
Speaker 3: Long as you.
Speaker 1: Ice Tea and Snoop, you can see a cube and then too.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Ice Tea, Snoop, if I said that they told you what being a crip can be like, you can define it the way you want, long as you don't just do no booth shit, that's it. That's it. So I think where he's at gave him the ability to make the best album he's ever made, right but him still doing it, it's just him doing it.
Speaker 3: It came together that way.
Speaker 1: Every hook to me, like the nuances as as a professional and somebody that's really in love with this ship and stuff ud of it.
Speaker 3: I can hear on different songs where it sound.
Speaker 1: Rush like Rich Spear, where the hook kind of is a little funny, and I could tell like and I figured out why. I think it's all about projecting versus this album where everything.
Speaker 3: Is in pocket, like the Luther song, everything is in pocket, Bro.
Speaker 1: Because he's accepted who he is, what he means to the game, and he decided I'm here to do it. I think the first two albums, like I think the first album, it was free and that's why you got good Kid, Mess City.
Speaker 3: He was free on the first album.
Speaker 1: That was the culmination of all this work coming together, all his experience being on tours, everything we went through to get to this point, so you got the freest version. I think to pipp A Butterfly, he might have thought too much, and I think he was chasing the level of sophistication that is naturally in him because he's a thought leader. But as you can hear it in the music, and it's something that I only want to play twice the three times because it is of that type of level where you have to kind of pursue what's going on, like it's a bunch of ship running around on the records right them title which was a collection of his work, to damn where he started to me figuring out sonics. Yeah, that was a big argument of him, you know, making an US album, don't make this ship that you've been making, make it sound like humble, you know, make the sonics fit humble. And I think he came to an arrival with Damn on Sonics, but it didn't have the story element that he had in.
Speaker 3: The first one untitled album because he's that nigga. He that nigga dope, that little nigga dope, that little nigga get busy. I ain't gonna front on him.
Speaker 2: He ain't put on no trash album everything.
Speaker 1: And then they then then you have the you have the Black Panther joint, which is for a film, so there's certain records we would never play, like he has to make the biggest records for the audience, right, and then during the pandemic, we get missed him. Morale to me, which sounds that shit sounded like cash scratching paper a lot of times to me, you know what I mean. Where it's like like I could tell he was going through therapy, was trying to figure out who he was as a person. So like he had just went through a lot of ship with the success of Damn. You know, maybe he messing with more girls. You know, he's starting to see like being a star, and I think he didn't quite know if he wanted to do it, you know what I mean. And then I think mister Morale showed you that it was like, yeah, don know, these streets look crazy to me right now. He even had criticism about culture. I'm like, that's not true, Like that's not how we feel about things.
Speaker 2: So I think he's I think he I think this is his most honest album too, like the stuff he said about black Kippie, Like when you said black Kippie didn't work, because it was kind of like one of the moments man, where I think he was just letting alether stuff. I think this is the most honest album. I think that's what hit feels, that his best is honest. So somebody had broke down, Yeah, broke down one time that that each one of his each one of kendrick albums was it was a form of publication or whatever the way they said they take. Like the first album it was a movie, The second album was a was poetry, was a poem. The third album was like a magazine, like a mag magazine publication, and mister moral posted been like a player like that what you think this album is supposed to?
Speaker 3: I don't even understand that thought.
Speaker 1: Whoever, those people beak there they be, they be looking at this and ship it is what it was though it is what it was, though.
Speaker 3: Shout out to mark Gear, thank you for the ten dollars. Man, we're eating good today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna actually get stakesy were not buying one steal ship because he wanted well or meeting well, so we not.
Speaker 2: Man ain't you know.
Speaker 1: I can't hear you. I can't hear you. I thank you. Shout out to mark Gear for the ten dollars. I listen later, but just want to contribute to the celebration.
Speaker 3: And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Man marked this on on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yes, Mark on Twitter. Sure tomorrow show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We thank you. G People don't understand what quality food is. Still it's one of those people.
Speaker 2: I've I've eaten the finest restaurants around the world. I eat my steaks medium to medium. Well, that's my If you want to throw your steak on the ground and step on it, you can't.
Speaker 3: It's yours, you be.
Speaker 1: I want you.
Speaker 2: I've dined in the finest establishments around the world, and not myself in a stellar chef myself.
Speaker 1: I'm a real chef. You're a real chef. Hell yeah, I know how to cook like a mother. You still over there eating well done steak, laughing out loud.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've never had.
Speaker 1: You're going to. I do not eat we mix, you.
Speaker 3: Crash out of your cares, touch your potatoes.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't crash. Actually mix a little bit of my cares and pizza. My mash potatoes tastes very good. And I eat my steaks age like a good Age steak. I've had ye you will from chapinion. I've actually been in Tokyo eating the best steak in the world. Man, stuff has touched my pailert that a lot of people never get to taste. They ain't me bragging, that's just me flexed. I know how to eat steak.
Speaker 1: No, you don't, Frank shout out to my brother Frank. That title the Longe whacked out Mirrors. That's an important point too. Spelling it with two seeds comped the crypt. That's how we spell like day man, you don't put the k behind the sea. So the spell of two seeds and being that he's like from the pirroot side of town. That was brilliant, right and again, man like the cultural relevance of this album. As I keep digging for it, I'm sure it's gonna be special. Shout out to Dj Draski for five dollars, man, we appreciate that, brother. We can good. We will not get steal any snake with this money. I promise you we will not let him disrespect the steak again in life.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna steal it and go buy a bunch of medium whale steaks. Laugh.
Speaker 1: Mh name brand and this album got a coolio. Gangs's Paradise feel crucial for La. I say it is true, it does does? It really does. Shout out to Kivy. What's happening to Kivi? God lost his mind on his album and kept it all the way LA. Crazy thing is. I don't think he's done five dollars. People keep saying that. They keep saying he got another album. Man, I hope he put out as much music as y'all want from him. I want him to supply y'all with so much of this. Where he's at right now, I think it's a phenomenal space for a talent in hip hop. I think he going to he can deliver a lot of incredible music, but that's up to him. I think y'all have to appreciate the work that these artists are putting out and keep it moving. You can't think it's always going to happen, you know what I mean, Like you may not get another one. Like people got other parts of the life that you know they want to live. Shout out to Kevin with the context. I can't disagree his artistry click in being true to who he is and serving his purpose as one of the biggest in the game.
Speaker 3: Totally agree. Shout out to Amber Walls.
Speaker 1: I think he sounds very confident, comfortable and manly on his album, like he's truly reached his knowledge itself. I just I agree, Imbert, That's what I was saying. I Think again with I Think Again with mister Morale, he was trying to find himself. I think he had went through a different journey because of the success of Damn and Damn and the film soundtrack things changing his life, like way more than.
Speaker 3: Good Kid Mass City.
Speaker 1: While Good Kid Mass City were successful and platinum albums, and to Pimper Butterfly. I remember seeing Dot in Cleveland in twenty fifteen doing the House of Blues. So this is him after having a platinum or double platinum album right in Good Kid Mass City and him having a successful run, which I think at that time it was platinum to Pepper Butterfly, and he's at the House of Blues on two platinum albums. He's at the House of Blues in Cleveland, and I'm like, like, this is where like Dom Kennedy. So I think he even though he was successful at that time based off industry standards and real standards, he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Quite the superstar. He was ahead, you know, going to be. But I think when Damn and the Black Panther soundtrack happened, he had hit.
Speaker 1: It was over.
Speaker 3: He really hit superstar status, so then he had to deal with being a star.
Speaker 1: See's been able to hide now that point, he had to be a star. So I think it's important to realize him coming out of that and you know, family, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He got a girl.
Speaker 1: You been with this girl since you know, he's a kid. He been within it this whole time, so I think there were things he was going to have to deal with. It was a life that was going to rush him, and it rushed him, and I think he had to really get itself together, which is why I believe when you listen to mister Morale, it sounded like he had went to therapy. It sounds like it he was addressing a lot of issues. Maybe that album was even therapeutic for him because he was dealing with that curve around, you know, coming from that type of success. And then even on Mister Morale, it didn't sound like he was quite sure this is what he wanted to do anymore. Yeah, like or like yes, yes, And I think there was a time where he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do now getting I didn't ask him, I'll ask him. I'll ask him when I seen or talk to him about it. But I think there was a question in his mind. And I don't think he was that inspired until them niggas start fucking with him, and they.
Speaker 3: And it ain't nothing like a fight to make you remember who you are.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing like a squabble, pete to make you get your juices flowing, like, oh my god, I know to dance.
Speaker 2: But he said that one of them, he said once so he said, he said, you have a squirreal and they had to do three more after that. Yeah, So, like I think.
Speaker 1: The Drake b so shout out to all the Drake fans, all the parliaments. The parliament. That's what they call the group of owls, the parliament, the parliament of owls. Shout out to the parliament. They always make a joke. Yeah, a group of ours, A group of crows is called a murder of crows. A group of owls is called a parliament. Shout out to the parliament because they always be like, he inspired him?
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: You inspired your death, That's what happened. You inspired your fucking death. Sometimes you gotta shut the fuck up and let sleeping dolls lide, because if you don't, you will wake up a fucking monster. Did you hear a future response?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Out of here?
Speaker 1: So future got the GQ.
Speaker 3: I've seen that they ask the future.
Speaker 1: So I think idiots at I think he's like a brilliant musician, but everything in life, I've never.
Speaker 3: Seen nothing that makes me think he was just wow.
Speaker 1: He was like he was like.
Speaker 2: It was a beech going on what he said. Man, I felt like I when he said the Big three is just me? Shot at me, at me. I ain't think nothing about draking nobody like that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to every Day pay Day. G k m C was literally titled the short film by Kendrick Lamar, we ain't reaching Glasses.
Speaker 3: It is true. I don't think you're reaching.
Speaker 1: I actually know why that's the short film Nigga because I made a short film that I gave him that inspired that short film Nigga Beach Cruiser, the original Beach Cruser.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: I know what it is, but I don't know how the other people see it, like because they break down dots ship, I don't quite know what's going into it. I'm not asking him.
Speaker 3: One team on the GM next tour ship. Maybe we get this, Douce.
Speaker 2: This even if you're telling lives on mean Glass is a probably drop the best album on the West Coast. Glasses got some coold ship. We're talking about about the stuff you was telling me last ye stuff were talking about last night.
Speaker 3: What is that going on?
Speaker 1: So that's that's so my goal is to drop a project a week. Well okay, so no song, a song a week, but this is what happened, right, Uh So I'm gonna share something with y'all. Shout out to everybody that's an artist in the chat, Shout out to everybody's a fan of hip hop and the Chat, because I believe y'all are here because y'all like hip hop to some real degree. I think what's happening in the record space. Shout out to Dot if he in the chat, you know, I mean, shout out to everybody. I'm proud of you, like you did what you're supposed to do, you know, I mean. I think the way we make records is based off a ninety year idea. The technology that's called a seven inch forty five a vinyl. The vinyl became how most everyday people was able to play music at home. Before that, you had to go out to hear music, you had to hear it live, or you had to go somewhere where music was at. The technology that's the seven inch forty five created the access to music for the everyday Joe at home. That also created the formula that we make records with hooks versus bridges. Catchy ideas, right, because the technology and the costs. Remember they came out with a twelve inch vinyl at the same time as a seven inch, but because we were in a depression. Shout out to Herbert Hoover, who is the second least experience when it comes to politician behind our current or our president. As far as January twentieth, the only person who has less experienced than Trump at being a president is Herbert Hoover. Well. Ironically, during that time, the United States of America went through the Great Depression, this is twenty nine to thirty four, and the industry they figured out records and they realized that they needed to make records priced for people. So that's why the seven is forty five because of the price. Well, the business, the commerce behind it, you know what I mean, created why we got the record in the first place. It was affordable, and then the technology inspired the catchiness of everything we hear, the creativity. Those were the boundaries five minutes on three to five minutes on each side of the vinyl, So you had to make records in that space. Before that, you had phonographs. They were ten to twenty minutes long. So there weren't no catching. There was no hit records before it, right, So I say that to say that inspired, right the industry. We know, it built the record business, It built radio, it built record companies, it built MTV. The record that technology and that inspiration behind that technology what it created art, Well, that's changed. That's changed right now with streaming apps, there's new borders, there's new parameters, there's new margins, not only from a time space, but even from a commercial monetization space. And my goal is to push the boundaries to see what happens creatively when I do it. You know what I'm saying, Like, push it based off these boundaries, based off this commercial opportunity, the economic opportunities, right, and create in that space and see what the records sound like. That's how we got the hit record. So because I figured out a few styles to do it, my goal was to deliver a record every week next year until y'all get the picture of what's the possibilities in the current landscape of hip hop or just record making. All right.
Speaker 2: So I feel like when you when you were saying to think about the records, so I think they what they took away was the it was was making the music an item, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it's like when they once they made it into streams, it's no longer you physically having that that item in your hand like that. So so the value of the you know what I'm saying, that the value of it kind of went down. So within what you're trying to do is is giving them a record every week. You know what I'm saying, put a lot of you, put a lot of stuff in their pockets, you know what I'm saying, Like, like it's gonna I feel like it's gonna work though, for real, for real, I feel like it's gonna it's gonna kind of bring it back to being the item, Like, Yo, you got that so put out this week? That mathematically is correct? How big could it be as different?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Me and Pete work off a lot of mathematics, but mathematically is going to work out how big it is gonna be as a different conversation. That's about doing the work behind it. But music still should have a value. But what happened was because the record labels were running scared away from Napster, they went over to Spotify. But before that, iTunes still had a value for music, and album still costs twelve dollars, a single still costs one dollars, So there's no reason for companies like Title don't give them too much. For companies like Spotify, there's no reason for companies to not have an iTunes version of their shit, where you can stream your single and people should have to buy the album right because of that, So that that's kind of what the revolution is about. It's about making Spotify title and different companies see the value in music.
Speaker 3: Again, it's not the audience.
Speaker 1: The audience again, it was a product they were buying that never just because they got rid of the product of a compact disc or a cassette tape or a track or vinyl doesn't change that music still has a value. You were never paying just for the product. You were paying for the hard work of an artists. But because of Spotify Title, all these companies they well label, the labels gave it to them, so you don't need the product as much as music should cost what it costs.
Speaker 3: But again, you know we can't go back, right.
Speaker 1: You could fight the revolution and get them inspired to do that, But my job is to look at as an artist, as a true creative, as a thought leader, is to look at the boundaries, the margins, the parameters of today's time based off the business and create in that space. And I think I'll get more creative records to work, like, there'll be different records. Like.
Speaker 3: The weirdest part is when you.
Speaker 1: Make music I stayed up till four o'clock last night working on this idea. I've been telling still about it. I'm going back and forth still, I keep calling him. It's two, three, four in the morning.
Speaker 3: I'm i'm, i'm, I'm coming up with this idea and I finally got it finished. And I know it's special because I allow let me talk about it.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: When y'all hear this, it's probably gonna be the dopest thing ever done in nip hop. And I'm not bragging. Y'all ain't never heard me talk. I love last music. I've messed with his music, but he's about to come up with something that's gonna be revolutionary, and y'all go trip out on.
Speaker 1: It wasn't crippy enough.
Speaker 2: No, it ain't got It's crazy, man, it's just dopest bridge.
Speaker 3: But he put a post up yesterday but again, but again is again.
Speaker 1: It's rooted right, It's rooted in the boundaries of streaming apps. What's the boundaries, what's the margins, what's what's available here? What the time is not based off of ninety years ago, but what's really possible? And I'm pushing to figure out what's possible and that's what every artist should be doing, not creating from a ninety year a ninety year old idea, because that idea is we don't even have the environment for the idea. It's hard to get on radio even ways to support that it's not available. There are no more in caps at the CD store to carry a vinyl. They had to make them for Katie, for Taylor Swept. They don't even have the things available that actually were created because of this. They don't even have MTV no more. So, why are we not pushing YouTube to its boundaries? Why are we doing what MTV.
Speaker 3: Created for us forty years ago versus pushing it to its boundaries more boundaries and.
Speaker 1: We're in a music video is not a push on its boundaries. We can push YouTube to the break.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I'm going to tell you this. You know how I feel about YouTube. I think YouTube is definitely a useful tool and it's not going nowhere right, Yeah, But I do think it's time for people to get their own platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what I think.
Speaker 2: That's the effinlution it Because I'm gonna tell you, man, when when I first started doing YouTube, g you can make really good money on there, but I always knew it was kind of a ruse. I never wanted to depend on that soli, right, And I always thought people were very dumb for building their whole business model on the platform and somebody else own. I said, you know, you use it and build it up. And I think once you build it up to a certain level, bro, you have to start kind of building your own thing. Because I'm gonna tell you something I learned with my Space, nothing less, whatever it.
Speaker 1: You know, it may.
Speaker 2: Evolve like youtubeer is gonna be here for things, but I think YouTube is setting itself up to become a OTT site, you know, to show movies and other content.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's already kind of leveraging itself to become a music and movie thing, right. And I think with that being said, I remember when my Space was looked at it's the biggest thing on the planet, right. And I remember these people I was working with when I was spent ten thousand dollars on my MySpace page, man and did all this and that, and I had a lot of followers on there, and the shit was gone. Woke up one day. All that stuff I paid that money for was gone, and I said I. From that point on, I would never build my business on the platform that I don't have no ownership.
Speaker 3: Here shout out to David Jones.
Speaker 1: I wonder how morale comes out of not for COVID brought the world to a standstill and had it stuck in our thoughts. I think the only reason it got the reception that got is because of COVID. I think if that shit come out and COVID is not happening, that shit is a problem. It would not work out. You really don't like that.
Speaker 3: It's not no, I don't like it, but it's not that. I just think it's exactly what he said.
Speaker 2: It's not your bring. I thought that was a good album.
Speaker 3: I'm not just looked.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 3: It was timing.
Speaker 1: It was the perfect time when you were stuck with yourself in the house and thought so he nailed it. Still, I just never was stuck in the house. I was still gonna do what I was gonna do at the risk of my life during COVID, because I would rather live the life I want to live and die than just stay alive and live around you walking around here with.
Speaker 2: Out no mask going. I was like, this dude is crazy.
Speaker 1: Glass too. It was great security years problem. I'd rather die than have to live based off of these circumstances, like I couldn't have been no slave. I wouldn't have been good at it. Bro, it's not gonna work out for me. Shout out to the name Bran DJ. He said glasses is one of the reasons he moved away.
Speaker 3: Do that's true. I showed a head is my little bro and and and I showed him with my oldest.
Speaker 1: Oh. No, I ain't talked to him. We was together listening to the Snoop Dogg album. I ran into him as Sala, did you have any hint of this albums coming out to me? No? I hit him Wednesday because the whole idea we were supposed to talk about on this podcast is how the party Dying affected West Coast hip hop, and then what my interpretation of what Kendrick meant about how we were partying. Now that's the problem. It's not the party itself, how people got a party. I thought there were complaints about people doing drugs. I thought the complaints were, you know, the puff parties where men are sleeping with me. I thought there were some complaints about the current state of the party where hip hop has really allowed the party to go and it's about watching that party die and recreating a party. But again, so when I texted him, he didn't hit me back, and I didn't think nothing of it. I'm thinking he'd running around, you know, being Kendrick, whatever the hell you got going on.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, if i'll get him on the stream of visually, you will have a dope conversation. It's not I don't have a lot of conversations that I would want to I don't want to do a podcast with Kendrick. I never asked doc, Hey, I want you to be on my We don't because it'll just really be a glasses and Kendrick conversation about life. That's and that's cool, but I don't want that for no selings listeners like, and I'm not trying to get the props of, you know, just having him on the pop when I have a great topic like this idea.
Speaker 3: That's why I reached out, Hey, I got this dope idea.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk about how we used to have to try to break our music in the clubs, him making bitch I do this and trying to make party records because you had to get it in the club. And that's what I wanted to bring him on the live stream for it. You feel me, I wanted to bring in for that. I finally had a dope topic and he hit me back. So I didn't think nothing. I was like, all right, well I do it. You know he over there mixing that ship. He over there waiting, know that ship and sure ship. He hit me today like laughing, like yeah, like yeah, So I wouldn't want to talk to him about this album.
Speaker 3: I'm not an interviewer. I'm not an interview and that's my man.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to Glass.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to talk about, and this is going. I left a pair of glasses over at the studio one time when I was over there at TV. Right, you know what he was going through, this crazy ass face. He was wearing a thousand that was sunglasses and dumb shit like that. Yeah, And I left my glasses over there, dog, and I went back to get them like a day later, and they was gone that It went on tour with the game at the time. Right, they came back, I see that wearing my glasses. Man, they all scratched up.
Speaker 1: I told myself, you all scratched if you and the chat get this nigga, some glasses, man, please, So I don't want to hear this.
Speaker 2: No boys, No, he ain't got to give me no glasses.
Speaker 1: But I wish I did.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd have kept them glasses. I'd have been bragging on them. I had them sitting up on the walls somewhere like, Yeah, that fucked those glasses up.
Speaker 1: Shout out that you reached. We're still cooking. We passed two thousand people on no cellings live the tower, so we have one of those days. It's just celebration.
Speaker 3: We got something.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how many thumbs still have to tell me that we got more thumbs. No sellings live to lunch hour. Were still cooking. We ain't running. Were standing right here, we cooking.
Speaker 2: We've had on the life so far, we've had over three thousand people. Dog, I'm looking at the you know, so put.
Speaker 1: Your if you at work, if you back at your desk, I know it's thirty minutes past the time. Put your air pods in. We're gonna keep.
Speaker 3: Cooking, still going.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you what I want with all these people on there. Gee, do you understand if all these people went right now and subscribe to no Ceilings and left the comment like left the star rate and the comment and stuff, we can go to number one. Let's push no Ceilings to all your podcasts number one to day. If everybody go over the Apple, go to Apple right now, find no Ceilings podcast, subscribe to the legal comment if you even if you're going there and say, still do it.
Speaker 4: I want to put out the contest with a gift card prize. Everyone go in and your best insults about me and uh winter you know.
Speaker 2: Still we got a work part right now, and we say, yo, we get to this many. You know, I'm saying you will try a medium red steak, at least a medium. I tried a medium real esteak, dog.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Medium, I don't like the sister. We get to one number, still, would you would you do it?
Speaker 1: One number? We gotta get blue, rare, medium, crazy.
Speaker 3: I ain't doing that. I'm just saying, ain't doing that.
Speaker 2: Medium a whole bunch of half.
Speaker 3: I've had that. I'm too refused that blood.
Speaker 1: You never had medium.
Speaker 2: I've had medium before.
Speaker 1: I've had medium.
Speaker 2: It tastes too swish you don't taste like because.
Speaker 1: Bro k Boy gr next classic. I'm not mad at it is good that, but that's K Boy, That's that's his boy. So Boys is a young legend in these streets.
Speaker 2: I gotta call, I gotta, I gotta call over over to the town. I'm gonna find out what the other side thinking about. I'm not saying it because I got you all right now, y'all. Y're telling me how you'll feel about it, and we all know what the feel of the album is. I want to see what the people in the town. I'm gonna let me ask you this New York cast listen to him, pappas they sitting on their stoop somewhere with the car door open and listening to it through the cars. Corn your son, that's that's the ship.
Speaker 4: Son.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 2: Ya was up on here god bus And I'm saying that, man, man, I be pleasing with Twan Mack. You know what I'm saying, y'all was going that I never dealt with that sitting and still we ain't gotta do it right now. Just be happy right now. You got this West Coast album out right now, Glasses over here call it the best album ever created out the West. You know what I'm saying, might as well says, huh. When y'all listen to hip hop, do y'all sitting in the stupid or barbershop and get really analyze every lyric and be like, yo, son, that wasn't tight, son.
Speaker 3: This is how they think in New York.
Speaker 1: This is my problem When people do that, They really think y'all just be out there like writing down the lyrics and analyzing the corner.
Speaker 3: Fire in front of fight exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you know what I picture in New York. I pictured them by stup with a team with a been a fire, niggas standing around with a forty yo something that ain't tight, some it ain't tight, something sun like that. For me, people think this is It reminds me because of how lex I think the West Coast is.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. That is a fact. Now they think.
Speaker 2: Right now, still playing the barber shop, right now, running it back. You know what I'm saying. Listening to it, you know what I'm saying, giving their opinion on it, I mean, like for believe it or not. Though we don't hate the West like y'all swear to God we hate the West. We got we got some type of hate trick for the West because y'all killed Biggie, because y'all killed pot smoke, because y'all.
Speaker 3: None of us did that. Just got left out. You got left out here, I mean everybody out here.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you trip. I love, I love I'm a hip hop.
Speaker 3: I love hip hop.
Speaker 2: I love East Coast rap, West Coast rap, Midwest rap, down South rap. But if there is this certain possession of the East Coast man that y'all probably just be out there man, just listening to the lyrics, man and just frown up. That's not real hip hop, son, It's not really hip hop.
Speaker 1: And this is why he built his career trying to over rap songs. Yeah still, I never tried to career over rapping songs right, margin and margin and ship. I'm like, bro, you, I actually the first.
Speaker 3: Southern hip hop to be honest with you. I love Southern hip hop.
Speaker 1: I love New York hip hop, hip hop to New York. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you what my favorite stuff is. I'm a big m F Doom fan.
Speaker 1: No he's not, yess.
Speaker 2: I am a big m F Dune fan. I wish I could get you on them. I just can't have them cover.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite m F Doom album? I like m F Doom songs Becausezigion there is my favorite.
Speaker 3: Enough Doom song. He said, what's your favorite m F Doom album?
Speaker 1: Probably the one with Danger Mouse.
Speaker 3: I don't even know it's not a favorite.
Speaker 2: It be certain West Coast. You know how much music I've heard over my life.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say somebody my favorite. I don't know the album my favorite.
Speaker 1: I don't remember sometimes, but I know that I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying is my favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be like mad.
Speaker 3: Now you're feeling like I didn't say.
Speaker 1: With your friends? Can talk? Can I talk?
Speaker 2: You know what g strategy is?
Speaker 3: Trapped?
Speaker 2: He asked you a question, then he over talked, and don't let you get your answer.
Speaker 1: I ask you the question. Hold on, I'm trying. Let me answer.
Speaker 3: It's called Danger Doom? Danger Doom? Is it better than Man Villain? You feel that he never even heard Matt Villain. I did hear Man Villain?
Speaker 1: M He is not really a.
Speaker 3: Fan of MFG. He likes you DM me.
Speaker 2: I just had this A and R on the show because of him. You know what, she got a horrible habit of doing I wish will start doing it. He tells people, how do you feel where you feel like this? And you don't know this because he's a he's a narcissist.
Speaker 1: Your therapist, he's a he's a narcissist.
Speaker 2: Because he knows everything.
Speaker 1: He knows. Favorite artist. He didn't know that my favorite artist and one of my.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, listen to what he said, said again.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite artists out of New York is.
Speaker 3: He named. He named his songs and I like songs like that, And you asked him what song?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you like this?
Speaker 2: I like the tizarre face one.
Speaker 3: Now he looked.
Speaker 2: Like, you have my phone number because lets is getting on our business. I want to talk to the session with you. Give me your phone number. I don't want to talk to send.
Speaker 1: You my number. Man, we could we can chop it up. We can chop it up.
Speaker 2: It was on class the hater. I love class, Class the hater.
Speaker 3: Y'all I want to hear.
Speaker 1: I told him trap. You know what I told him.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm gonna come back to they dog because I'm gonna come back to the people missing me. You see what we do on pro records to day Dog, they missed you up on time. We break the records today because big Day come up.
Speaker 1: Came back.
Speaker 2: Still like you hearing that down because I talked. I said, I'm gonna come back this fright. I said, I'm being that Friday though, Yeah, they missed you.
Speaker 1: Man name Man still is a troll, exactly, He's got his He had his troll smirk going on to right with that gainst that little corners kind of tree. My favorite artist, your favorite album? I like this song I think of that is not your favorite artist, don't.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna tell you. I'm trying to remember the first one was the first one he had operation operation doom.
Speaker 3: Looking it up in your phone?
Speaker 1: Still, I'm not looking up my damn phone, dog, Like I don't have to do that. Though I was my favorite artist. What's your favorite album? I love Trailler? I love There's just so many now.
Speaker 2: Triller was actually Triller was probably his best album. He asked me what my favorite artist New York was? I tell you, artists out of New York my favorite New York one.
Speaker 3: Watch how this is done?
Speaker 1: Scarface is my favorite album of all time, my favorite artist of all time. Stuff.
Speaker 2: I can name all scar.
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 1: I like the Merit.
Speaker 3: Without Google too. I didn't even have to pull up my phone. Snoop Dog is in my top five?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite album? Blue Carpet Treatment, right, no Limit, top Dog, fantastic albums.
Speaker 3: See how that's done.
Speaker 1: Still the song Kanye West, I love College drop Out. You know my favorite album out of Kanye is Ya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, called Ya. I can't believe that one right there.
Speaker 1: See I just did this.
Speaker 3: I had to google it. I have the name one.
Speaker 1: Gee.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something. Though I listened to Wade, I can probably just sing way.
Speaker 3: More music than you.
Speaker 1: Remember. So being that Doom is your favorite artist out of New York, I didn't say he was. I say he's one of my favorites. I'm just seeing.
Speaker 3: Who was before he was M F.
Speaker 1: Doom. Who was he down with? He was in the group with his brother.
Speaker 2: They were signed it with the name and them U because Pete Rock and I'm not Pete Rock, but Professor Pete NS and them found them.
Speaker 3: Who's the name of that group?
Speaker 2: Third Base not the third base discovered them and he was in the group of his brother. His brother died in the car accident that I can't remember the name of the but they had a song. I read it was on gas face. They made they they made the mere on gas face.
Speaker 3: I read that too. Still right now, Dog, you just.
Speaker 1: Don't leave.
Speaker 3: Still, don't leave.
Speaker 1: Don't mean how.
Speaker 2: Then am I gonna read the ship that quick?
Speaker 6: Dog?
Speaker 2: I don't remember the name of it. His brother died, and if Doom stopped doing music for like two years after that, Dog doing all this ship and the thing, and that's when he starts for wearing a mask. Dog, you're gonna have to read ship all this, don't I'm gone though?
Speaker 1: Why you still still?
Speaker 6: Still?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 2: If you?
Speaker 1: If you, if you close out, and it's gonna up the whole uploaded. I'm not closed out. I can leave.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well then that case, dot, why you need.
Speaker 2: Me because you're getting on my nerve. Dog, I'm telling you something. I don't have to go back and look and stuff. I know this is stuff.
Speaker 3: I know the detailing, and I told you he'll be sabotage.
Speaker 1: Said that ship. Shout out to Juic Mirr. Still don't leave, man, Still motherfucking Wikipedia is your friend. I don't have no I'm telling you so, I'm just I'm just like this other thing. You know, I can't see. I'm just over here out the age is sill shout out the squition, still await. We got questions for you.
Speaker 4: Had to, you know, get online and make like his steaks and catch up like And I like mythod Man too.
Speaker 2: I don't know every mythod Man don't put up, but I like it.
Speaker 3: She didn't even know one mythic. You didn't know what this question of the day.
Speaker 1: Don't Still I.
Speaker 2: Don't know his whole discography.
Speaker 1: Is methody Man to cal album? Is that a class to.
Speaker 3: Carol?
Speaker 2: I think it's one of the method Man's, don't you know what? I like method Man. I think the Cal was a good album. My favorite song on there was the one the way he had like the army marching like the with like the army marching behind it. You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: And I know something, I know something. I'm the name of the song I.
Speaker 2: Think to call it was a classics.
Speaker 1: I think that intro when we first stepped on the scene Niggas was spentry fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, and I think that was Rizzard's sister that was singing that. I thought that beat was dope. Dog, I think out the Queen, No dog. I think Ray Kwan had the best album, dog, I think the best album.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Bella Mack what is still signed? Laughing my ass off? He getting mad quick must be a cancer. That nigga's a gemini. That niggas like my mama, so so in a In.
Speaker 2: A twelve month period, Rizid produced five albums. So it was to caw herple table return, Return, the thirty six chambers Liquid Swords?
Speaker 1: What was the what was the fifth? Shout out to east Side k Boy still never listening to the whole to Cal album. That's probably true, man, you know what was five when that sh came up.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Nick oh G blood sugar levels driving.
Speaker 2: Remember to I thought the original version of All I needed was whack. The smartest thing they did was go to Puffy to get that remix. Shout out to Squishy G. Don't you got a birthday coming up? Just like you?
Speaker 1: My birthday December tenth, it's coming up. It's going down My birthday on Monday. Man, have you seen that brother. Yeah, my man, shout out, shout out.
Speaker 3: I'm sad. Shout out to to the public. What's up, Malone.
Speaker 1: You know, it's kind of hard for those East Coast dudes to catch a full year. Most consistent brothers is fifty cent DMX from Oh Yeah, I'm not mad at that. Like DMX, we just had a really conversation. Yeah, that was a really different conversation. Like with DMX was able to do the hip hop it might have been one of the greatest top three It's probably top three hip hop impacts I ever saw in my life.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean that I that I put fifty Yeah, I put it over fifty. Man, you need to be snoop Dog. Fifty got in my mind.
Speaker 2: Going back to the Wu Tang. You think you think this is probably the greatest producer, one of the greatest producers that rother in New York. But he did was crazy, bro, and you gotta you gotta remember dog the uncontrolled substances that never came out, did it? I give him, I give I give risk of being one of them. I'm saying one of the greatest producers know, definitely for sure. Like what he did, what he did as far with the soul samples and stuff like that, and it was like this is crazy. We were talking about the other day. We said Rhythm must have had a crazy plumbing problem. But you know he had two floods. He lost beats on. Yeah, two floods, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rizzard is probably the greatest producer every out of hip hop.
Speaker 2: I mean he had to do the albums over again, over again.
Speaker 3: Und for pounds that pounds, that's pounds for pound, risids for shorty great delivered.
Speaker 2: Like I was saying, like that ninety year he was putting out albums, beating on all the albums. I'm saying that the cow joint that the purple.
Speaker 1: Tape pownerful poundful pound, Rizzid is number one, Tony Poker is probably number two pound for pound for real. Now that wise, that wise, Now if you prefer obviously, you're gonna start talking about Primo.
Speaker 3: You know, you're starting.
Speaker 1: A five month.
Speaker 2: Period all the albums rizz came up with, and he came up with albums that courned out to be classical albums.
Speaker 3: But not just five months, just that whole run, you know what I'm saying, Like pounerful pound.
Speaker 1: Rizzids is probably the greatest producer ever out of New York hip hop. Maybe Larry Smith is up there. I mean like you're talking about stat wise and yeah, it's hard to be delivered so much. Let me ask you this, Let me ask you this trap. Do you think Rizzard was mad when when they dropped the puffy version of the ball? I need know, they made it a bigger They made it a bigger record of it, and they made it a bigger man dog. You know what.
Speaker 2: The only thing about it, doog I didn't like to count to as much when they came the second one. Always always thought method Man sounded better over I think he kind of outgrew Rizzar's bea.
Speaker 3: They all did.
Speaker 1: I think they all did. I think all of them because I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know iron Man. I didn't really like the iron Man album. The sample sounded kind of generate, like when he went to the What's My Boy? Did Everybody sampled? On the Jazz Cat did Everybody sample?
Speaker 1: He came out talking about white Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know why I don't remember games games. Yeah, it was just kind of redundant because he used natilists like two or three times there was you could tell Rizzard kind of ideas because you know what it is about that when you when you finally get that get when you finally get to that song and you just understand how beautiful, how many chopped up samples in that song. You don't want to make a whole album out of that ship. Yeah, nomalists got about like.
Speaker 1: Shut out to super Jedi, who made a fantastic point. I think the issue with Rizzad is that his beats kept getting cleaner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, so you talking about that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Jus.
Speaker 2: You know, if you listen to like, if you listen to ice Cream, right, vocals was kind of hot and the song like they was over the track. It was almost like it was a two track. But it sounded good.
Speaker 1: Though hip hop.
Speaker 3: Hip hop is all about making nothing out of something exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like they don't sound like none of that ship was mixed, but it sounded good man. I I just think Ray Kwan's album got the benefit of having the dopest beats though, Dog that ice Cream beat was crazy to you ever watched the what was the one? Remember how you.
Speaker 3: Got the hoop?
Speaker 2: How you got that snail on the one song. Yeah, he was in the hall way, bang on the bang on the thing like it was ship like that. He wasn't doing it like that later on in his career.
Speaker 1: He wasn't once you start.
Speaker 3: Making that coin like and but again back to Kendrick, back to Dre.
Speaker 1: That's what made Dre such a special producer is you know, to be able to evolve through multiple eras. Dre had three different sounds. He had the initial breakbeat sound that's the eighties, right in the early nineties right well, you could.
Speaker 3: Tell it was all marly ma.
Speaker 1: And then you had the g funk version of Dre, which lasted a good three to five years. And then you had this version of Dre that kind of start taking classical music and bringing like an urban appeal to it. That's not an easy thing to do, you know what I'm saying, And and I don't think every producer has to do it, but it's dope that Dre was able to do it. But what Rizza did, I don't think. You know, Manny Fresh is the only person like outside of Doctor Dre that's compatible because remember Dre didn't really get a chance to produce three and four and five albums in a row with a specific sound.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you who came with some ill shit, and I think Rizzard got one. A lot of people think Rizzard did it, but with the disciple of Nigga that made the Brooklyn mathematics mathematic that that that Brooklyn Zoos ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: Remember this is the This is the second produced Snoop Dogg album from Doctor Dre. He's produced other stuff on him in the past, but this is the second produced Snoop Dogg album from Doctor Dre. Remember the second album fifty Dre produced on it, he didn't produce it. Eminem is probably the person he worked with the most. Yeah, you didn't get this second Game album produced by Doctor Dre. You got two n w A albums produced by Doctor Dre. Right, you got one album until the Missionary produced by Snoop. Like, it's not like a simple thing versus rizz With Rizzi, you got multiple albums. He took multiple side people.
Speaker 2: You know what's easy to forget to when you're talking about New York hip hop. This errors to it, like I just thought about it. It's like ship E p MD from New York and that's like my ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why I said I think Rizzard is by far the greatest out of everybody Eric not better, better subjective, Like right, I'm saying the stats like breaking artists, classic joints, E P. M. D. In the Midwest, West coast of the term mean not knocking the Juice Crew, But you know what Wu Tang is. Wu Tang is the one, and it's because.
Speaker 2: Everybody know more to cads. Like like the Juice Crew, everybody in there hitting rap was hitting biz, Biz was hitting Big Daddy came, he rapped.
Speaker 3: But when you look at Wu Tang, it's just different.
Speaker 1: Man, Like what they were able to do culturally and sonically, Dog is like kind of uncharted. Like it's really crazy when you think about how that dude is with that ship. And I mean, yeah, all them people that he's able to make those albums, I mean that one is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like ten or twelve albums that's platinum.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy, it was all going.
Speaker 2: That's what I sit back and think when I see that. I mean thinking like could it ever be done again?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Manny Fresh did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yea money that's money. Yeah, I mean, I mean he pumped out until he stopped.
Speaker 3: He's not someone like fifteen or twenty. And I don't think he had no production help. Remember remember remember all the way to the Carter Walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and ge he ain't had no production help, did he.
Speaker 1: He? I mean he had people in the room that was helping, but he was producing everything. Yeah, he's producing everything. Because you know, some people have the benefit of getting beats to other people. They may come in the mitche dog I know, Eric Sermon, I don't so I don't believe, Like I don't believe that's true. Like nobody is getting beat from people and coming in and mixing it like that's that's kind of like a lie that's always been said about like a Dre, Like nobody could do what he does that nigga change. Some people do do that.
Speaker 2: Gee, I think you do have some situations, like you look at rock Rollers with Eric Sermon. I think Eric Simon may give him a little input, but I think Rock Waller does its own ship. I think some people just get beats to mother niggas, you know, I think they just supervise him because look at this, like you know the big thing with Dad, Oh Dre did this and that? How come you beats know something the same thing. Now, I think Dray definitely made this ship sound better.
Speaker 3: It's not his ship. Like, just because you hold a camera don't mean you directed the movie.
Speaker 2: You can give a nigga the basis to an idea dog, it's definitely mean that.
Speaker 3: Don't mean you made a movie because you gave somebody a basis.
Speaker 2: Of anh That's where the bullshit started at You want of them niggas, you can't. If I give a nigga beat and he had a little bill to it, don't mean he did smell a ship to it.
Speaker 3: Now, you just what you feel like just because you did something means you did it all in this way, what Drake.
Speaker 2: What he does, his his input can't be can't be understated though he makes ship better. Like that's like Jones thing that people talk about. You know what I'm saying. Like it's a composer, you know what I'm saying. So that's what a producer is. A is a composer. So so I got if I get a bunch of musicians for hire to come what I'm saying, pull up right there, you know what I'm saying. You could be playing the key right there. But he being the producer, is putting that key right there, along with that horn sound right there, along with that drums pattern right there. And I'm saying I'm producing this record right there. You might just actually you might be the one that's that's and I'm saying behind them, but behind the ship playing the though, But I'm the one that's coming up to the magic and putting the sh all together though.
Speaker 3: That's what the producer is, that's the producer. R.
Speaker 4: Could you explain real quick how like the mechanics work of Like I'm just trying to think of places in times that have sound where a lot of artists were on that kind of.
Speaker 1: Sound like, but like Cool and Dre in Miami, they didn't. They weren't really like.
Speaker 4: A thing like Manny Fresh like in that same sense, you know what I mean. But they were present on a lot of albums, they did a lot of stuff like it, but they were all under kind of that was the new king with all those different people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all those people, how does that mechanically play out?
Speaker 1: Well, don't happen for everybody? Like right, like Manny Fresh was lucky, Dre is lucky. Remember Quick didn't really get to produce a bunch of artists. He only produced Sugar Free and Mossburg. He didn't really get to produce.
Speaker 3: That was actually early ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rizzard was able to get the whole Wu Tang. It just worked out that way, and it worked, you know what I mean. They lost a lot of music. They had even a lot more music than that I get. On title, I've never seen this happen.
Speaker 3: What's that shut it down for? You see what's going on?
Speaker 1: On title? It's just again like I said, it's not like still what Still is doing. It's just irresponsible. Oh, Kendrick Lamar gm nex invadable.
Speaker 3: Title, that's tight, that's fire.
Speaker 1: No irresponsible, Hold on. It is some niggas that take credit from Gee you you just can't say that, Bro, you can't say that. I'm not saying that's what dra did though, but it's some dude put their name on.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying, we see.
Speaker 2: We got a big nigga on the West coast to do this ship. Right now, Doug, I'm not about to get in all that. You know who I'm talking about. You don't, I don't know what you're talking about. You know who I'm talking about. You know it's plenty of niggas out here.
Speaker 3: I have no idea who does that.
Speaker 2: Who's the boy that got saying dog? You know that nigga got this whole mustard, got this whole sound.
Speaker 3: From that nigga. But again, that's not true.
Speaker 2: The dude that gotta say dog. You know what's what's the boy's name? They used to mess with you the buzzy on the beat? Yeah, that ain't mustard, Dog.
Speaker 3: What do you mean that's stupid? Of course is mustard.
Speaker 1: Don't be ridiculous, Dog, that's mustard. So you're telling me that it ain't producers that just take other niggas beats and put their name on it.
Speaker 3: I never saw that.
Speaker 1: Like the only time that's happened to me was one time in life and then the producer came and I had to pay the producer ten thousand. Bro.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you this, Dog, I'm not talking about like that interest for nigga.
Speaker 3: Still, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: The workload of some of these producers be so heavy she they have to bring other people in and I'm gonna tell you, yeah, they may put their sauce on it, but them beats is coming to them. Dudes, eighty five already.
Speaker 3: Not how it works. It's like it's like, okay, I'm gonna give you the equivalent.
Speaker 1: It's like playing baseball, right, and you pitch a game in the World Series and you pitch six innings and somebody else pitched three innings, and you're talking about the workload is done.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: Bro. You know you're making the wrong comparison. I'm gonna tell you this right here, right just like the fact you can say that that is beats ain't sound the sayings that scene's being with Drake Dray ain't made no set up here and made no ambitions of the riders just by itself, just conceived, Just like you understate Drey's involvement. You can't say that Das ain't do shit either, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That is the producer of ambitions of a rider, not Snoop.
Speaker 1: Like Warring G.
Speaker 2: Like you think about Warring G. Right, without Warren G, the chronic might not be what it was.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying there's not people in the room.
Speaker 1: That's like saying without anybody doing something in the association of holding up, but you're just seeing they No, that's not what I'm saying, I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You they didn't produce it because they had an input, and they didn't do most of the work. Because they did something, what it becomes a lot of dog.
Speaker 2: And that's why I've never been a fan of producing dog because what happens is this, there are so many hands involved in certain stuff bro to where it becomes it's always gonna be somebody that think they did more. It's always gonna be somebody. Well, I put this snare in there, and without that snare, it wouldn't have been this. Whor I beat this kick up because it's key, or I changed his eight away right here. It becomes crazy dog.
Speaker 3: After a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I just I just don't know that world you're talking about where people is just taking somebody beat and just putting their name on them.
Speaker 3: I don't know that dog can happen all the time. I never saw it happen.
Speaker 1: The only time I told you is the one time why had to pay the rent gaze because somebody said that they made this beat and me put his name on it. Hold his name?
Speaker 4: Who uh dude Jesus uh damn dame dash. She used to buy other people's beasts for che put his name.
Speaker 3: On I never saw that, you know that.
Speaker 1: I seen them dudes down south? What's the duds name? That little baby? And all him sign too?
Speaker 4: Dog?
Speaker 1: The only hit boy?
Speaker 2: What was the boy name? Over there in the school? Throw the d's on the pitch?
Speaker 3: What's the boy.
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 3: He didn't go down did that with him?
Speaker 2: Other producers around him, though he tell them stories.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 1: Again, he's not taking a hit boy beat and just not doing nothing putting his name on it. He actually has to do something to the music.
Speaker 2: And some of them niggas going there and put a little twist a few knives.
Speaker 1: Dog, and I genuinely don't go there. What niggas do they going there? The people that already got the high? You know what I'm saying? I mean that mother? Oh yeah, now it's finished. He mentioned that the other day. I'm going to drink that doing that ship doing that like But but IRV and Puff are kind of different type of producers. But if he's directing the traffic and he knows what it's supposed to be in us, Remember, producing is not holding a camera. Producing is not making a beat. That's the hardest part that hip hop seems to not get it correct. Producing is not making a beat. Well, you know where some of them niggas in the right single, the drap on the songs like that. Producing a record, yeah, that's that's important though. But you saying, ain't nobody out there out there just I don't know, I don't know people you for producing that? Yeah, Kendrick produced on this album, this album.
Speaker 2: She like you said, you're right, you cannot touch an instrument and produce.
Speaker 3: So that what the fuck is you talking? No, I don't know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Are you just being difficult right now? The thing there are people who have. You can't tell me that Dre ain't got ten different produces.
Speaker 1: There's a lack of an as there is because there is too much work to be done. It can't just be one community, different bro. I don't like the reason why. The reason I got a ghost writer because I can't. I can't possibly write all this music right now because I'm so doing so much stuff and this that this. I think Dre has a production team that has been credited consistently at this point, well, not early on. I think early on they was early you might not have been as fun dog drag him in the Business play by Scott Storage. You look at the credits and thus, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even knock Drake for that shee, because I'm I'm pretty sure at that time you got other people handling business that may omit certain stuff, and I don't even know if it's on purpose all the time.
Speaker 1: Bro, I just think I don't think nobody is producing for doctor Dre because don't know. Can't nobody do what doctor Dre does now because somebody doctor Dray finish it?
Speaker 2: Yes, even Eric Simon, how you work with Rock and all of them, Rock Waller, get this stuff them? Eric Simony never put his name on nobody on somebody else's.
Speaker 3: Beat that he didn't do, nobody else beat that he didn't do.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, Warren did a lot of ship, but Drake made a lot of ship that Warren brought over there. Tighten it up though, like the original.
Speaker 1: Get a Boy. Yeah, But you keep saying somebody is doing something. I'm telling you making a beat is not producing a song. You may have an idea for a beat.
Speaker 2: You you can't discount the beat because c G. What you do You just discount the beat and make all.
Speaker 1: This nigga and ship No, you just over credit everybody in a way to just try to discredit the person that keeps doing the same with the name of that person.
Speaker 4: Be what's happening right now is everyone's named producer. There's executive producers, there's that that producers, that that producer. That's I think most of the problem is conversations. Everyone's got the same title, but that requires a preface to it and using the prefaces.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's, it's it's it's not really that.
Speaker 1: That's not even a problem, pet because I do agree that that's the difference, But that's not what's wrong. What's wrong is there's assholes like Stell who just trying to discredit doctor Dre.
Speaker 2: I didn't just at one time, you just put words in my mouth though that's not what I said. That is not what I said. Dred is definitely the greatest of all the great as a god. He's a goat.
Speaker 1: I did not say that.
Speaker 2: I said, but don't sit up in that like he just in the room doing all that shit by hisself.
Speaker 3: Might never said that.
Speaker 1: I think that. I really think that.
Speaker 2: For what's still saying it is it is times where all right, you you might not be as as well known as the other producers, though, so like that beat might be fired. But if you have to put this so called producer name on the beating, this is more light towards it. And I think that happens a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that's true though, neither not not to no full level, I think it's not impossible. I just don't think that's most likely what happened. Shut out to unknown Raider god Glass the name of the song you sampled this DJ by one G. I've been looking for it on Apple Music. It's called that Good, That Good feature and Todd Dollar sign and see balling that good. Just get back to this album though, Man, what I mean, I'm just impressed. I can't wait to get back to it. We've been on this ship right here for so long. It's time to get the fuck off of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been on.
Speaker 1: This day forever. Shout out to everybody on this live for so much extra time. We could be one of steal sticks.
Speaker 3: We definitely candy. Just be ready to be done. It'll just be done.
Speaker 5: We were done thirty minutes ago at nowur steal stick.
Speaker 1: Shout out to No Sellers Live the Lunch hour. Click that thumbs up button every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon.
Speaker 3: We will be back here Monday at noon. Make sure you go live.
Speaker 1: Listen to it's just audio.
Speaker 2: But I ain't gonna say that I got my homeboy on here, fingers, one of the greatest producers from the West.
Speaker 1: Fingers, you ain't got to name no names. Is a motherfuckers. Don't get on here and see it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely glass always like you've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Oh I've never seen that before.
Speaker 3: I never saw it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I heard.
Speaker 4: About countless huge records that were purchase beats from unknown producers for hundreds of.
Speaker 3: Bucks or something like that.
Speaker 1: And then maybe they, you know, may sprinkle like a different.
Speaker 3: Kick or something like that.
Speaker 1: But some of the biggest hits you can't make you have been created that way.
Speaker 3: You're not making a point because you got to say, thank you, Fingers.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, bro. I'm gonna come over with that fuck with you. I thank you, I love you.
Speaker 3: You didn't make a point, still I did.
Speaker 2: I just told this man got countless albums g on his belt, and he snipper.
Speaker 3: Tell you this niggas stories.
Speaker 2: He knows he's not gonna name names though he no personal you know what she is one of the people. I've never seen anyone get shot. I've never seen nobody. Because you ain't seen it, you think it ain't happening.
Speaker 1: This is my problem.
Speaker 3: Was still he always telling me some ship but he never saw it.
Speaker 1: Rules then how do you feel so comfortable passing and information if it ain't true. I'm telling you what I want you as u here and say, yeah, such be taking beat team. Did all of y'all just running around and knowing some booth shit happened and and you not being I bet you if I saw it, I was saying, you wouldn't say nothing. It ain't none of your business. Would you say that I would.
Speaker 3: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to maintain no motherfucker that and ain't no ambig I'm not trying to be that is not right.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving his credit you. I'm gonna look, you're gonna give him this credit that you're gonna deal with this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you this credit. Listen. The thing about being a solid nigga, nobody ever said his friends. It's not a friendly road. It's a lonely road. But I'd rather be a real nigga than a whole nigga every day. So if you know some moreh going on, and you're scared to say some moreh going on, you just maybe.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's a lot of whole ship to go on.
Speaker 1: I never saw it happening with me. I never walked in the room. I didn't been to Jamie Fox party puff parties, uh, Birdman parties.
Speaker 3: I never seen nothing. So how do you always see it? But you never was there?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Just going to some whole other stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know. I don't you got everything that's going on? Nobody Still you.
Speaker 2: Write the glasses you right, if it didn't happen, it didn't happen, call somebody else, still tell him? Still call somebody else? Man, right, you know what I'm gonna say this podcast as Glasses he is correct, you knows least the oracle.
Speaker 3: But you asked Google.
Speaker 2: Your name ain't glass.
Speaker 1: Google? Ship? Yes?
Speaker 6: You did.
Speaker 2: You should have let me leave five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: You never told I'm going who did what?
Speaker 1: You never told us who stole to be?
Speaker 2: It's a countless people. I don't got to sit the PM do that dog?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: Gonna matter if I see it in this podcast.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: People you know, dog On, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I told you the only time, son, it ain't my place to say. It ain't my place to say everybody else?
Speaker 1: Are you saying.
Speaker 3: Everybody else get out here doing this stuff?
Speaker 1: Why are you saying if it's not your place to say, If it's not your place to say, which man?
Speaker 2: You just want somebody with name names?
Speaker 3: Said?
Speaker 1: Well, who did it?
Speaker 2: You know who did It's been plenty of people.
Speaker 3: I don't know who did it. That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 2: It's a big record that just came out now that the nigga didn't get credit for that. We know he did some ship on there and he ain't getting no credit. Just give the other nigga all the credit.
Speaker 1: Who my business? Though I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 3: I never heard it, okay, like I know, and I'm a part of the circle.
Speaker 1: I'm not okay, oracle obviously, all of the whole, the old look in the matrix, the one the oracle that just.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't know nothing.
Speaker 1: The record without saying the names of the people.
Speaker 2: Everybody know, I ain't gonna get all that ship song.
Speaker 4: You ain't got to say Joe stolen from Stan just say the song was blank There's there's some conversation behind the song blanket.
Speaker 1: And this is this listen of no selling chat. This is why I be on these dudes because they will just say anything and will not verify the thought stuff that I know you.
Speaker 2: I don't have to verify nothing. I'm telling you what it is that should be enough.
Speaker 3: No, that's not name the name of niggas on niggas. You're not telling the police.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's just not my business. Dog, I'm not gonna get out there doing that.
Speaker 1: But it does that the first place.
Speaker 2: He said the same as that thing I said, niggas can get a beat that ship hot. Hold on, let me add this. Okay, here's damn. I'm gonna put my name on the next. Allot to add to a beat? Talking about it's allot to add to a beat, I'm saying. Ask your question on still, so, do you think that if a person does that right there, it takes takes credit for somebody else's beat.
Speaker 1: Do you think that is? Is that is that cool of you?
Speaker 2: Is that I'm saying the business What I'm saying to a third degree, because I'm gonna tell you, most of the time, the maturity of time, the person that he is getting he's getting that beat.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Somebody can come at you with an idea if you're completing that, you're producing that record. The other dude may have programmed some ship and you know whatever, you're producing that record. Now, if you can get a record that's done and all you do is go on that motherfucking.
Speaker 1: You know he gotta I'm add a high hat to this and just literally was this though?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: If you feel like somebody did some did some bullshit, don't you feel like somebody should be caught out for the bullsh they did?
Speaker 1: So like meaning like I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't keep letting somebody.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing wrong for you to say, Yo, that motherfucker make that beat so and so mad that it's not my job be exposed to people.
Speaker 3: That's what I would do.
Speaker 2: Having one of my homies, like, if somebody took his beat, I would be on the ass. We would be on if somebody jeez beatle would be on the head. If it's somebody else saying at my camp, I'll tell the man, get your business together. It's just like we got a homeboy, now, don't rote planting them records for a well known one of the greatest artists of all time. He keep going back, getting a thousand dollars fifteen hundred, no publishing and nothing, just keep writing reps.
Speaker 1: But he but he never wrote his own smashes.
Speaker 3: But he wrote another Nigga Smashes though, so he ain't getting again. Making a record is a lot different than writing a record. He had to go with, well, you know what, that record wouldn't be in existence if that get them words.
Speaker 1: Be able to deliver that. You gotta be able to put some you know what I'm saying. I think just that.
Speaker 2: But you know what, that is true. But that dude should write his own stuff. And if he don't want to get that man his credit.
Speaker 3: No, that's not that's not what he means.
Speaker 1: That's not it's not it's not purchase now.
Speaker 3: For he wouldn't give me no fifteen hundred dollars and not keep writing.
Speaker 4: Like when Jay Peterman bought Kramer's stories on Seinfeld, they became his stories.
Speaker 1: Kramer couldn't tell them anymore.
Speaker 3: Simple business. Still, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know about people.
Speaker 1: I don't know about people buying records from other producers and not working on them. Again, something that you may consider a high hat and kick is nothing, but it really be driving the song. So again, it's it's like in baseball, right, you might pitch eight in it and the score is tied.
Speaker 3: Can Mariano River come in and you get the leader?
Speaker 2: Why you keep coming with these baseball analogies? Bro, it's people to do it. It ain't nothing else to be discussed. What it is.
Speaker 3: No, it's not you actually didn't say who did it?
Speaker 2: You just do this. I don't have to cheat. That's not important that happens. You told me it don't happen.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you I never known it happened, and.
Speaker 2: I just bought a well known This man don't seen it happen. Well, he talking about multiple times.
Speaker 3: You didn't say, y'all he heard the same story.
Speaker 2: He's actually he's actually been invited. Now see, it's one thing, is you collaborating with somebody. Yeah, y'all both get these saws. We don't collaborated on ship g and we both do what we do. But if somebody gives you a beat, that's already done. The dog, that thing that's already done, and you just come in that motherfucker already. Now this cow bell, if you had a cow bill look t t to the thing ding t that was on your only contribution to that record. That record, Oh, that's the driving force of this record. It's the reason this platinum.
Speaker 1: That's just still you sound like a nigga. This is my problem right, the thought of it on. You sound bitter and confused, to.
Speaker 2: Sound like think you know everything.
Speaker 1: Mister, don't know everything.
Speaker 2: Everything because I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: How if I don't know this.
Speaker 1: Man, you get the oracle? How am I the oracle?
Speaker 3: I don't know this is happening.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you are?
Speaker 2: You are a contrarian. If I say something is black, you go say something is white just for the sake of the argument.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just asking you what did you see black?
Speaker 1: And you back black.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, what did you see black? I was as you to verify your point, bro.
Speaker 2: It ain't how we go from a conversation and me having to verify who really not getting the beats from somebody. I said, the nigga's name is early.
Speaker 1: Go back, and you say one name earlier?
Speaker 2: I didn't say one thing. I know what, man, I'm not gonna get nigga.
Speaker 1: This nigga I might have heard of, and you never said I said earlier. Why you shouldn't say it earlier? Tell you I am done.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You know, you tell us, you know everything. You tell us. The problem is if I knew everything, I would know this.
Speaker 2: You know everything.
Speaker 1: You already know somebody stilling the beat, you know, somebody taking it up the rear end, but you never tell us who it is.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, please moves that dude in the cartoon back in the day. People that knew everything. The professor you're going and he got the lab he can just answer every question.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like Peabody or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's g Professor Peabody. That should be your often name, Professor Peabody.
Speaker 3: The nigga know everything? How, Professor?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: How if I don't know, Professor? You know everything, profess I don't know this now, Professor?
Speaker 1: How But if I don't know, if I'm asking you to tell me because I don't know, make you Professor Peabody, that you know this sounds like.
Speaker 4: You sound like a congressman and like the head of Department of Homeland Security. But or one doesn't really want to answer the question, the other really doesn't want to ask the question, and the just horseship back and forth, just over and over and over.
Speaker 2: You know, instead of Professor Peabody, professor g body, professor.
Speaker 1: Was gonna get spanked. I had to apologize. I didn't know Squishy crutch Field detail still to give us one name.
Speaker 3: They can't beat him up. That is the song.
Speaker 1: Just say the song?
Speaker 2: You know that nigga must ain't made all them beats? Dog, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Did he not the song? Which beat?
Speaker 3: Did he not make the name?
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna say the name, I ain't got to say the song. If I'm if I'm gonna say the song, I won't say the name. He he came with some niggas out the beat. He might do and put some ship in him, I know, but.
Speaker 1: He ain't made all that ship by nobody did Quincy Jones didn't make them all? But it's an't produced by Quincy Jones. He didn't play either.
Speaker 3: Oh it's different, Hey, for real, you know, let me go move my car, dog, I gotta go move my ship.
Speaker 1: We're gonna en tho ceilings right here. Hit the thumbs up button. Thank y'all for being here. We're back Monday at noon Pacific Standard. Click the link in the description. Subscribe to the podcast right now, Apple Podcasts, anywhere you get your podcasts. Go over there and leave a comment. Told him, still told you to with his line ass uh Charlamaine of God Black Effect Network, And.
Speaker 5: Is he stealing this from some other lower level producers'.
Speaker 2: Podcast right now?
Speaker 3: And say what up to?
Speaker 2: Professor Peabody. That's GE's new name, Professor Pete Body.
Speaker 1: Everything sure except don't know nothing, Professor Peabody looking out for tuning into the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the U. S A and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Heard Radio Yeah