Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Katty and now He Armstrong and Yeddy.
Speaker 3: Easter Sunday happens to fall on the same day as the marijuana holiday for twenty which means, no matter what your religion, this Sunday, you're probably going to see a giant bunny.
Speaker 2: Why was Conan O'Brien doing a joke? Is that old? Yeah, it's an old class Okay, got you? Yeah, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love Conan.
Speaker 1: Made a really serious point, But why would I I got an article from The Oregonian about disappearing church going in Oregon. Maybe I'll hit that later. Makes me sad? Might just be nostalgia. Is it because I think religion is so important? Or is it just nostalgia Sometimes it's hard to separate in my head. It might be a little of both.
Speaker 4: But I think it's an instinctive reaction, honestly, I do so. Coming up, AOC and Bernard Sanders are on their Fighting Oligarchy tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah good, and.
Speaker 4: They hit one of the delightfully red parts of California. Folsom California side of the famous Johnny Cash prison and we're calling out Congressman Kevin Kylie bad mouthing him in front of the hordes. Well, Kevin is going to answer later this hour on the Armstrong and Getty Show, looking forward to that.
Speaker 5: They should open falls of prison to olig Ox, They should tell Lucy inmates who are victims of white supremacy and capitalism.
Speaker 4: So yesterday we talked at length about the battle between the Trump administration and Harvard and the bigger issue of how to clean up the infection that is Neo Marxism in our education system in general, but especially in our colleges and universities. How do we get back to the principles of the free exchange of ideas and academic freedom and the horrible like Dei.
Speaker 2: Statements and that sort of thing. How do how do we clean that out?
Speaker 4: How do we fix that without violating our own principles? The Trump administration will very short summary then I want to get into some folks ideas that the email to us.
Speaker 1: But we were saying, if Trump uses the powers of the federal government to control what's taught in colleges, the next lunatic left sho to get in office.
Speaker 2: Is going to do the same thing, right, right?
Speaker 4: Too many executive orders, not enough, Congress not enough, the culture demands.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, why would any administration be in favor of gazillions of dollars a taxpayer money going to a college that you feel like is teaching things opposite everything you believe?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Why doesthetical to the principles of the country, never mind what I believe?
Speaker 4: Why would taxpayers fund that? Okay, so a bunch of emails, I said, all right, how do we do this? What techniques should we use that? Does anybody have any thoughts? And as always, you guys, you folks, responded with brilliance and creativity.
Speaker 2: Let's see this is.
Speaker 4: And there's a bunch here, Jack, Well, just we'll sort through them and discuss as necessary. Sarah with a nice note about going back to grad school the first time in twenty ten twenty eleven, the second time in twenty nineteen through twenty one in California and how the viewpoint diversity on campus in that first stint was challenging but not impossible, but by twenty nineteen through twenty one, and exacerbated by COVID, she writes, I noticed social justice and every every class, rubric incorporated into instruction in every class, which seemed to be legally required and actually is in California, which is sick. So you know, and some people said, dudes, all of a sudden, you're concerned about you don't want the government to control what's being taught. They're controlling it like crazy right now, reinforcing the neo Marxism.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right. So that was more about her experience.
Speaker 1: Now on the ideas, there wasn't any pushback from the universities when you're jamming, you know, Marxist philosophy in there with the government funding. There was no pushback because the universities were happy to teach it. So it didn't really make the news, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Jennifer writes a nice note, love hearing your thoughts on academic freedom today. I'm glad it's always that you don't just follow along with the latest Trump caper or caprice note to self, use the term caprice more. I was pleased to hear the discomfort in your voice as you pondered as directives to Harvard academic and freedom and tenure have a long entangled origin.
Speaker 2: And she goes into some of the history of it.
Speaker 4: But academic freedom and tenure have their roots in protecting institutions and individuals from incoming rulers and administrations. Protecting the scientists whose theories went against the teachings of the church. For example, academic freedom meant no more burning heretical academics at the stake. Intention was a very, very wise and benign one. There cannot be scientific progress, or controversial literature, new forms of artistic expression, or questioning the King without art without economic freedom. Removing academic freedom, which is what Trump is trying to do. You know, I would interject, but Jennifer's.
Speaker 2: No academic freedom.
Speaker 1: Right now, we know that you cannot be a scientist at Harvard and not believe in climate change. You couldn't or publish a paper. You couldn't do that. So that's not academic freedom.
Speaker 4: Well right, And I'm going to interject here, Jennifer, because I think she is semi unintentionally stated exactly the problem.
Speaker 2: I'm going to rephrase her sentence.
Speaker 4: Removing academic freedom, which is what Trump is trying to do. To restore any semblance of academic freedom, would basically reverse a thousand years of progress. Well, that would be true if it were not already snuffed out on college CAMPI to to you know, in the vast majority of them, but now, okay, to solutions. I liked your leaning toward a reasonable stance of actually enforcing existing civil rights laws and then working to change culture within institutions. What Trump is trying to do woul bring on predictable chaos. Honestly, with the vitriol coming from the far left, I truly believe that if they ever gained real power, conservatives of any stripe would be in literal danger. I'd hate to see Trump setting them up for that and that much power.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the questions I was asking is why are they getting federal money anyway? Harvard is sitting on fifty three billion dollars and the Wall Street Journal actually has an article today. Is Harvard's fifty three billion dollars endowment big enough to offs at the funny cuts?
Speaker 2: I haven't read it yet, but I've got an interest than that. Yeah, that's I was question.
Speaker 1: I would just pull back and say, fine, well, we'll fund it ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We also had an emailer staunchly defending taxpayer paid for research at universities.
Speaker 2: I get it. Very very good defense.
Speaker 1: Get I get why it would work, but I get the theory, kind of like that person was talking about. But the reality is the reality is there's only one point of view that's allowed, including research. So I don't want my taxpayer money going to universities that only allow research that fits in with their politics.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, more strictly spent to research, money, more reasonably spent would be fine.
Speaker 2: Here's a note from Tim here.
Speaker 4: I liked your thoughts on reigning and Harvard and other and their DEI programs, among other things. Here's my ideas for doing that to them in other colleges that push woke ideology. The government should sue them for any violations of any law. Recruit plaintiffs who have been agreed by the woke pol season represent them in lawsuits. I love that withhold every diamond support, ask alumni to withhold their financial support. Expose them for the leftist agenda they're pushing on the students. Make it clear that a degree from Harvard has become a liability and not an asset. Yeah, okay, So combination of you know, attention on the progress the problem and enforcing laws strictly and consistently.
Speaker 2: This reminds me a little bit of the problem with the.
Speaker 1: From the left, and we didn't agree with this their idea of fixing racism with more racism. Yeah, this has got a little bit of the fixing lack of academic freedom with more of a lack of academic freedom.
Speaker 4: Right, That's that's what troubles me about it. And it's a conundrum. It's a hard you know, not to crack, which is why we ask for input from the folks. A couple more. Our friend, Frank, Thanks Frank. It's an honor to be your friend, writes the Real Culprit. The original sin if you Will is the Higher Education Act of nineteen sixty five, which is the legislation that allows the federal government who influence a private colleges policies and operations if it or its students.
Speaker 2: Receives any federal money. This must be rescinded.
Speaker 4: Hillsdale College is famous for not taking federal money and is therefore immune from federal meddling. This age is just one of the lefty strategies that's caused the left to expand their power.
Speaker 1: This is the if you still live with your parents, you're gonna have to follow their rules principle.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and it's notable that this was, you know, during the reign of the Benevolent Great Society LBJ, who decimated the American family, particularly the black family, by subsidizing families, breaking up kids out of wedlock, the rest of it. If you ever have any time, look at the comparison of employment rates, imprisonment rates, education rates, et cetera among Black Americans between nineteen fifty and nineteen seventy. You'll read some stuff that will open your eyes. Let's see, this is kind of neither here nor there, but I liked it. Kim writing about how does school districts enforce equity in Oregon? Because the problem goes all the way down to K through twelve. In one case, in the town of Independence, they couldn't find replacements for special needs teachers who were absent for a very short period, so they closed down the entire school because it would be inequitable to give the vast majority of students instructional time that the special needs students didn't get crazy. That's crazy again, that's not exactly, but it's just more of the insanity. We're trying to fight a couple more. We got a great note from Mary who is the chairman and CEO of.
Speaker 2: Independent institute.
Speaker 4: That works on this stuff a lot, and she recommended a couple of books that they are part of, including when they just released two days ago, Let Colleges Fail The Power of Creative Destruction and Higher Education. And Mary will absolutely be in touch about the book and about what you all are trying to do.
Speaker 2: Sounds just terrific. Yeah, there needs to be a little more of that.
Speaker 4: And you know what's interesting is colleges and universities have become so much like all the other giant, bloated, stupid bureaucracies we talk about all the time. They are so in bed with the government at this point, exactly the same dynamics are at play. There's no responsiveness to taxpayers. They just get bigger and bigger, no matter how bad they are at their jobs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm really intrigued by that.
Speaker 4: How about Randy in Pennsylvania listening to your comments blah blah blah. Intentionally or not, Trump is doing what needs to be done by getting this out in the open for people to see what's going on, especially to hear the progressive responses, which would shock many of us Hopefully this will encourage people to get involved locally by getting onto school boards to make a change at local levels. I attended a day long program last Thursday by the Institute of Faith and Freedom at Grove City College again Pennsylvania. Can only say that I was hugely encouraged by the dialogue provided by for recent grads, very refreshing. I like that attack it at the elementary and high school levels, local school boards. This is tom Leave. You touched on it a little bit yesterday. You were mentioning letting the free market decide. I think that's one part of it. The other part of it is doing what we're doing now simply stated, no federal funding of discriminatory policies or violation of.
Speaker 2: Civil rights laws. Yeah, that's true. That's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Ideological bigotry so much harder to root out, all right, How would you have any sort of rule where you force Harvard to fund research that doesn't believe in climate change?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Final note, we're gonna squeeze it in Burbank Luke, guys, I hope this problem takes care of itself. You touched on it yesterday. A degree from Harvard and others carries baggage. Now the job applicant is not only possibly a leftist activist, but you now have to wonder how smart they are. I'm an engineer, and we only care about experience. I know dozens of solid engineers who went to quote unquote lesser schools who've done astounding stuff. Frankly, the elite engineering schools, two of which are might now woke Alma Maters, been overrated for a long time and aren't worth the tuition.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow sucks if you sent your kid there and paid for it. We've got a lot of thanks for your thoughts, everybody. We appreciate it. Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 6: At car dealerships across the country, the rush to beat the tariffs is on. Even customers who really don't need a car are buying now before prices could rise by as much as twenty five percent, and used car invatory is also shrinking, but buyers shopping for cheaper options than new cars with prices short rise, used car sales up twelve percent compared to a year ago.
Speaker 2: What was your takeaway from that? You look shocked. Well, if you don't need a car, why are you buying one at all?
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 4: Your car will lasts until things change again, unless you think there's some sort of permanent, actual long term protectionist plying, which I don't.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'll tell you what a guy told me the other day. I was talking to this guy who was doing some work for me. He's asking about my cyberbeast, and I said, yeah, my oldest son got too tall for the back seat of my car, so I needed something. And I said, yeah, that seems like a good excuse. People want an excuse to buy a different car. Yeah, that's what they're doing. That percentage of people. That was all it needed to say, Well, honey, I suppose we better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as soon as you reach a level of financial comfort that buying a car is not because the last one won't run anymore and you desperately need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's excuse making.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow is good Friday, I say with guilt in that, and I don't I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know where this comes from, being.
Speaker 1: Completely open and honest about this, I don't even know where the guilt comes from that I'm not. I don't do anything for good Friday. I'm not planning to go to church on Sunday. And more importantly, my guilt is about the fact that I don't have my kids going to church on Sunday, and I don't know. I went to church on Sunday for Easter when I was a kid and did all the Eastern stuff and I enjoyed it, actually, so I feel guilty about that.
Speaker 2: I was looking at these statistics.
Speaker 1: The decline in people who call themselves Christians has leveled off since twenty nineteen. It had been declining for quite a few years. Now it's leveled off and it's not declining anymore. Here are the latest numbers, which I thought was kind of interesting. Nationally. Well, let me just do these organ numbers because I thought it was interesting. And this is from an Oregon newspaper and they're just talking about organ which is less churchy than the rest of the country. But it's kind of an interesting glimpse in TI your non churchy states like Oregon, in California, I'm sure in two thousand as recently a two thousand and seven, two thirds of adults in Oregon identified themselves as Christians. By the most recent survey last year, it's down to forty three, so it dropped from sixty seven to forty three from two thirty eight.
Speaker 4: God, that's quite a drop and a pretty short amount flushing, isn't it. I'd love to hear an explanation of that. Is it is there a been mass migration.
Speaker 1: And for the whole country it went from seventy eight so damn near eighty percent in two thousand and seven called themselves Christians and it's still sixty two percent. But that's a that's a healthy drop. Yeah, but it is leveled off and it hasn't dropped over the last three years. I don't know what that means. Just thrown it out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would never want anything close to theocracy, but to deny that the foundation of English common law in the Constitution has a lot to do with Judeo Christian principles just being ignorant. They are intertwined.
Speaker 2: What are we coming up?
Speaker 4: Kevin Kylie, congressman from a conservative part of California, claps back against AOC and Bernie who called him out the other.
Speaker 7: Day, Armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 8: Kevin Kylie knows that this is not what you want.
Speaker 2: He knows that it is deeply unpopular.
Speaker 1: He knows that it hurts the people of fulsome, but he.
Speaker 2: Is not there to serve working families.
Speaker 8: He is there to serve himself and the billionaire class that put him there. Well, mister Kylie, I think some of your constituents have a message for you. Don't vote to give tax breaks to billionaires and cut programs that the working class of this country desperately needs.
Speaker 1: Man. I wish, I wish we could talk to this Kevin Kylie person, but he's probably busy giving a foot rub to some oligarch right now.
Speaker 4: Oh, I tell you what typical of former English high school teachers. Kevin Kylie has become an unrecognizable monster, apparently according to AOC and Bernie, And we'll talk to the monster now. Congressman Kevin Kylie of California's third District, Kevin, how are you, sir?
Speaker 7: I'm doing well. So nice of you to welcome you.
Speaker 9: To your program, despite you know what you've heard from our friends Bernie and AOC.
Speaker 1: There, you're currently on your hands and knees serving as a footstool for an oligarch.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, it's crazy.
Speaker 9: Did you see she's fly first class for this fight oligarchy?
Speaker 2: Score? Yeah, right right?
Speaker 4: Seriously, And Kevin, you're not going to blow your own horn but if you if you knew Kevin, a former high school teacher, son of a teacher, who believes in fiscal responsibility, educational choice, you know, American values. To to call them some sort of lackey for all of ours is hilarious. But how would you respond to the screens that you've heard?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, where do I even begin. Well, for one thing, you know, I actually told both of them and I said, look, I'll debate you while you're in town if you want. But no, they much prefer to just stand up behind a teleprompter and attack me from there than actually try to defend their ideas. But it's like when you look at what they advocate for. Okay, they want their socialists. They have a social's division for America. They believe in open borders, they believe in defunding the police. They believe in essentially attacking and effectively abolishing small businesses or at least making life miserable for them. These ideas have actually been implemented in the very states.
Speaker 1: That they visited.
Speaker 9: In California, no more so than in places like San Francisco, or in Oakland or some Los Angeles. So we don't have to theorize about what the consequences are. We can see it in the real world that many Californians have had to live with, and what are the consequences because we have at a cont full crime and homelessness and poverty, and ironically enough inequality. California has one of the most is one of the most highest.
Speaker 7: Inequality states in the entire country. So I'd say, just look at the reality that we have.
Speaker 9: Fortunately, I happen to represent an area where we do things differently, and precisely because of that, we've managed to maintain a much higher quality of life than the rest of California.
Speaker 1: That's quite a crowd they drew, though enthusiastic crowd, as Burnie always does. You know, there's just enough chunk of people that buy that whole socialist vision that show up and cheerleg crazy and I can't. So they're trying to do what Trump did, where he would go into blue areas and draw a big crowd of excited conservatives that don't feel represented in that area and then call out the local person and then make a lot of news that way. So I guess that's the whole point is to get you to respond. I don't see how it benefits them exactly though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, and you don't know how many people cobby from.
Speaker 9: You know about it a laguaria and how our people come from. So you know, but look, I feel like, you know, people want to go and participate in that. I think it's fine. I think that people of whatever viewpoint they are is, whether you're far or less communists or wherever you are on the spectrum, I think it's it's a healthy thing to be an active participant in the political process.
Speaker 7: It just so happens that the ideas that ms.
Speaker 9: Ocassio Cortes and Senator Standards are espousing are completely disastrous.
Speaker 1: Right, So you know, the Trump example is he's going around the country touting something that is majority mostly things that were majority popular or close to go ahead and nominate Bernie Ocassio Cortez. The lose forty eight states, So go ahead, you know, get as much attention as you want, exactly.
Speaker 9: So, I mean, honestly, I think it's a great thing in the sense that they're providing a very clear contrast that we have a choice between radical socialism, which has failed disasters everywhere it's been tried, including in places like San Francisco, or a return of the common sense that is sweeping the country right now and that is desperately needed in California.
Speaker 4: Congressman Kevin Kylie on the line serves California's third district to a very sane quadrant of California, not far from the radio ranch at all. So, Kevin, I love the point you made about the income inequality in California, and it brought to mind a couple of stories I've heard from friends who are small business people and or would be small business people who tried to get something started that would employ people and thereby feed and clothe them and educate their children, and the bureaucrats extorted them for either just exhorbitant amounts of money and permit fees and that sort of thing, or the paperwork was so dizzying it just discouraged them from doing it at all.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's right, exactly.
Speaker 9: And it's terrible at the state level in California. And then you go to places like Los Angeles or San Francisco or Oakland, and then you pile on the bureau officey there, and it's why so many small businesses are I mean, people in every community in California can tell you their favorite restaurant had to shut down or their favorite small business had to shut down. It's why you a look at San Francisco. They've been leaving in droves. And you know, California also has the highest level of real poverty of every state in the country.
Speaker 7: Think about that.
Speaker 9: We've had one party rule for a long long time, Gavin Newsom and the supermajority legislature, and they've produced the highest poverty rate in the United States.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: That's quite a stat say say that again, so I fully understand it.
Speaker 9: California has the highest poverty rate in the United States when you factor in the cost of living. That is sort of the wild you know. Verdict for what these policies give you is they give you precisely the opposite of what Bernie and AOC are promising.
Speaker 2: Newsome twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Who's with me, so, Kevin, We've had an extended discussion over the last couple of days about the situation in American education K through PhD and and it's our belief that it's it's it's a huge challenge for the United States that so many of our educational institutions are teaching our kids to despise their country and Western civilization and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 4: You come from an education background, I know it's near and dear to your heart. Do you have any thoughts on how do we restore some semblance excuse me, of academic freedom without taking away academic freedom by you know, heavy handed mandates on college.
Speaker 2: Is that something you think about much?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that's a great question. And you know, of course this is all coming to a head with this showdown between the administration and Harvard, But you know, we need to think about what exactly happened on that and a number of other campuses across this country.
Speaker 7: You had this.
Speaker 9: Absolutely abhorrent explosion in anti semitism. This isn't like some small thing that went wrong. It's one of the world's most abhorrent, recro grade, ancient prejudices that suddenly for antilite in this horrifying way, that threatened the safety of students, that they took over buildings, they shut down campuses.
Speaker 7: Essentially, essentially, people didn't feel safe on campus.
Speaker 9: And so I think that that has led many people to ask what has gone so incredibly wrong?
Speaker 7: On these campuses.
Speaker 9: And it's not the sort of thing that the administration is saying where you can just have some whatever, some focus groups, some passport, some committee that says, okay, well we'll try to do a little bit better.
Speaker 7: No, this is exposed something that.
Speaker 9: Is fundamentally wrong, problems that are deeply rooted in the culture of academia that frankly have in some cases been incubated at our universities and then spread throughout the country.
Speaker 7: And so I think that there this is a time where we need.
Speaker 9: To demand fundamental reforms precisely to assure things like academic freedom.
Speaker 7: Because remember, even.
Speaker 9: Before the horrifying scenes we've seen over the last year and a half, Harvard, just to take that as an example, again, was the very worst college in the entire country when it came to protecting free speech. There was a survey fifty one colleges. They ranked them, how good are you at actually allowing free speech, protecting the First Amendment? Harvard was deadlas I forgot.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we'll have to schedule time to talk at greater length about this, because again, I think it may be the most important problem facing the United states. But you're right, we need to call it out, raise awareness, enforce the laws as they stand, and just chip away at the deal.
Speaker 1: Go back to making coffee for the oligarchs and we'll let you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's the monster described by and AOC and Bernie. I hope your children weren't frightened. Rhetoric, Kevin Kylie always always great to talk.
Speaker 2: Keep fighting a good fight.
Speaker 7: You bet, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: So my joke about he was on his hands and knees as a footstool for an oligark. The reason, the reason that popped into my head is reading this book yes today, and I won't get bogged down on what it is, but it was about the elite private schools in England in the.
Speaker 2: Early twentieth century.
Speaker 1: We talked about this before Christopher Hitchins Rights, about how brutal they were. I mean it's just amazing. I mean, if you were rich, you sent your kid to the hardest to get in school, they were gonna be raped or fondled, beaten, with no repercussions from bullies.
Speaker 2: All kinds of horrible things.
Speaker 1: Anyway, at length, yes, I was talking about the he went to one of your super fancy private schools. I mean he was like your upper crust of England. And the headmaster, the guy who ran the school there, his wife would make two of the kids get on their hands and knees as a footstool for an evening at the school.
Speaker 2: Good work if you can get Oh my god, wow, isn't that crazy? Wow? That you know? Oh boy?
Speaker 4: I would love to talk to some some Brits about how that fits into the overall British vibe, you know, the culture.
Speaker 2: And because that's so abhorrent.
Speaker 1: Rich if you were rich, you sent your kids off to be abused, and everybody knew it. It was because most of them went to the same school. You went to the school and were abused, and then you'd send your kid to the same school to be abused.
Speaker 4: Right, would become an obedient cog who repressed his feelings and behaved in a very British way.
Speaker 2: How that's what I was driving at.
Speaker 1: And there's actually some great pop music about this sort of thing, whether it's Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall Part two or Bloody Well Right, the super Tramp classic about the British schooling system and how utterly dehumanizing. It was intentionally Wow. So they didn't come out of those schools, And thank god. One thing I'm never gonna do is have my kid go to some place like that.
Speaker 2: No, I did the opposite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting and it's remark arkably different than the American spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say.
Speaker 1: She would make a couple of kids get on their hands and knees, so she'd use them much for a footstool in her evenings.
Speaker 4: That is that just be weird. I'm not sure I want a human footstool. I mean, even if one were offered to me, I'm not sure I would take you up on the office.
Speaker 1: I agree, I wouldn't feel right about it. It takes a certain personality to be okay with that. Yeah, yes, I will use you's furniture. Sure, don't get.
Speaker 2: Any ideas, Jack, I'm not coming in the studio. We have more of the ways there.
Speaker 10: Do I believe that people would have a conversation with me and get my perspective on things?
Speaker 2: Sure? Do I believe they would ever.
Speaker 10: Really really support me, Meaning those that have been entrench within the Democratic Party are now and for the last several years absolutely positively not look at what happened. I mean, you can look at Andrew Cmo, you can look at Al frankn you can look at a lot of different things. And at least on the left, what they say is that they eat their own, especially when they don't like you.
Speaker 2: Steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith, he's known as a sportscaster dabbling in politics, is actually looking into running for president in twenty twenty eight. He's on Hannity last night, perfectly aware that the left eats its own, but he's prepared for that now.
Speaker 2: A lot of young men.
Speaker 1: I mean, his name recognition among young males is sky high. And I might disagree with him on everything, but I would never poo pooh him running for office because he's a sportscaster.
Speaker 4: He's a very bright guy. He chose that profession. He's a citizen of the country. He has ideas run for office.
Speaker 1: You got two Trump related things that I think are interesting in these final minutes, so a lot of talk. Yesterday, Judge came out and said he's going to hold various people in contempt in the Trump administration if because they did something. Rather, we got this text on Brett Beherr last night, a Republican on the panel explained how the judge saying the White House being held in criminal contempt at court is because they were. And how about and this person says, how about when they held Eric Holder in contempt? Remember he was the Attorney General, the sitting Attorney General was held in contempt by Congress. I can hear America yelling, and what I've not seen him in jail. He still makes speeches and runs in circles of power. Nobody ever gets punished for being in contempt. Who cares well?
Speaker 4: Being in contempt at Congress is different than being held in contempt by a court. Okay, I have contempt for Congress. I should be held in contempt of Congress. I have practically nothing but contempt for Congress. Yeah, so legally it's a different thing.
Speaker 1: And this which I think is interesting from the New York Times been expecting an attack on Iran any day. New York Times says Israel had planned to strike Iranian nuclear sites as soon as next month, but has been waved off by President Trump in recent weeks in favor of negotiating a deal with Turan to limit its nuclear program. That's according to administration official and others briefed on the discussions. Why they're telling the New York Times, I don't know, might be on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Mister Trump made his decision after months of internal debate over whether to pursue diplomacy or support Israel and seeking to set back Iran's ability to build a bomb at a time when Iran has been weakened militarily and economically.
Speaker 2: I think they've got to go now.
Speaker 1: But he's trying diplomacy first, which I suppose is a good thing. And Mark Alprin's take on it is that the buzz in DC continues to escalate, that there will in fact be some sort of US Israeli strike before too long on Iran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said you think they've got to go now. What do you mean by now, before they have a chance to rebuild their I mean not like now, like today, I mean like this year, right, which is what I'm driving at is I suspect very strongly. Trump's teams said, look, we've got to have the political cover of we tried diplomacy. And I know they've been trying diplomacy for years and years, but let's take our shot at it now. It's going to go down in flames, and then we and BB bring the thunder. I suspect that's the strategy. That's going to be a big deal. I know you weren't here on Friday. I talked to Mike Lyons about this and he confirmed what.
Speaker 1: I wasn't available. I was watching golf. He confirmed what I've been saying. This would be the biggest military action by the United States of America since Shocking on two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Clearly, it's not going to be just one of those things where you read in the paper, you know, we launched a couple of air strikes and killed an Al Kaita member or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a big deal.
Speaker 4: And the resulting diplomacy with some of our friends in the air world is going to be a little complicated for a minute. It'll be just full of posturing and them shouting about oh, an American monster, blah blah blah, and then calling a White House and saying, hey, nice job, love it.
Speaker 1: Every country in the Middle East would be thrilled to see Iran knock down a pagan, not get a bomb.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely true.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna happen, and that'll make the diplomacy is going to fail and the bombs are gonna fall because Iran Tehran is going to try as hard as they can to pretend to negotiate and come up with some sort of lukewarm deal that buys them time.
Speaker 1: Right, the Secretary of State sureahawk on this. Oh yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I suppose it comes down to whether or not Iran believes Trump would actually do it, And maybe they believe enough that he'll do it that they think, you know what, there's no point in having our city destroyed.
Speaker 8: Me.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the other thing. Mike Client said, this would be regime change. This would be have to be regime change. That's what would the goal would be?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 2: How intriguing.
Speaker 4: I may grab that and listen to it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Friday's show. If I missed that, and I did, I was watching golf.
Speaker 1: So launching a regime change in a Middle Eastern country often leads to around for a while.
Speaker 4: Oh my, oh wait, now, hold hold on, give me a minute. Yeah, golly, well, it's a complicated world, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Spicy time?
Speaker 1: So here's the deal. We do twenty hours a week. We do four hours a day. If you don't get every segment or every hour, you should get our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Subscribe so it automatically shows up in your phone or your computer wherever you listen to podcasts
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty