Speaker 1: You know, last Thursday there's no football. Oh yeah, enjoy it. Look at that right, embrace the holiday weekend, Labor Day weekend is here, Covino and Rich. What a week it's been. We've filled in for the herd. Now we're here, over promised, all the ideas we didn't have time for and normally we're on Fox Sports Radio right there, Fox Sports Radio two to four out here on the West side, five to seven on the East coast. If you dig the show, well, we have a Patreon right Monday through Thursday. Join that or join us on Fox Sports and catch the podcast. Search Covino on Rich wherever you stream now lots to get to today and over promised. Rich has a shocking football speaking of football, a shocking football stat Not gonna want to miss that. Plus, at this stage of the game, do you care about how much weight you're lifted? You care about that? Should you care about that? There's a Tom Brady story I got, I got major thoughts on this and we're gonna throw it back with you your favorite check and Charles Barkley, Yes, yes, yes, but you know I thought this was interesting. Of all the people that loved or hated the idea of Lebron playing with Bronni. There were some people that are nipp twoso the stupid ship, and other people are like beautiful a father gets to play with his son. We're so polarizing. One question that never came up in all that bullshit, like from a month ago, what is he gonna call him on the court? Papa, Daddy, dad, poppy? So they talked about it on the shop, take a look, but what's your working relationship? Is he gonna call you dad at practice in the locker room.
Speaker 2: We already laid that No, we already laid No, he can't. We already laid that down. I cannot call me Dad in the workplace all once we once we leave out of the private facility and the gates closed, I could be dead again in the car if.
Speaker 1: We ride together at home, I could be Dad.
Speaker 2: No, he gotta call me like two three or bron okay or you know, go if he wants To's up to him. I mean, it's up to him. But it's easy for me. It's easy to because it's easy for me because I've been calling Bronni for so long. It's not like I've been called a son a son like, it's so easy for me, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Hold on, there is some hypocrisy there, and before we start making fun of Lebron James, let me say this respectfully. I think it's awesome what's happening between them. That's a dream come true. So there's no hate here. It's incredible and it's great to see. But isn't Lebron James the first guy to be saying all the time it's a it's a dream come true to play with my son Bronni, my son Bronni, my son Bronni, my son Bronnie. He keeps calling him my son Bronnie, but he's mad about being called dad on the court. I'm not saying I don't understand, because I do. He does. He doesn't want to be the old guy or be deemed as the old guy out there. But you know he is quick to call him his son, right, so he can't have both. I don't think he has to be calling him Bronni. Then that's it. I think the funny part of that cliff that has gone onto the radar. He's like, unless you're driving home, they're gonna car pool together. How adorable. And then then they go home for dinner together and mom's making a pork chops. So there are other names we thought of that he could call Lebron instead of Dad. Yeah, if he can't call him dad or pop pop whatever he calls him, how about he call him the Great Floppy? All right, we'll start with that, the Great Floppy because, as you know, Lebron James known for this. Oh yeah, I mean old haters love to point out the fact that you know, he loves to flop. Oh, he's a flopper. I like him extra floppy. Hey Dad, Hey, I told you you can't call me that. I mean the Great Floppy. There you go, now, wy Floppy? Well, I mean definitely work. How embarrassing and floppy is. Imagine he's like Daddy passed through the ball, dude, like floppy Floppy. So the Great Floppy we got that one. Oh, how about an old gray beard. That's the other one. Old gray Beard sounds good. I don't understand how he doesn't want to be dad, but it looks like he could be everybody's dad with the gray beard. And as Emmett Smith said for years, no play for mister gray. The beard is weird. And when you're on the court. Basketball is a young man's game. I don't think you advertise this wisdom. And that's why he doesn't want to be called dad. So why does he have the gray Beard? Be honest with you. Yeah, there's one thing and probably one thing I have in common with Lebron James. It's about throw that picture back up. That is exactly where Mike Gray comes in. Like that chin, like that jaw line over there. I once in a while do the little just for men. Lebron James should be doing that. He's trying to play a young man's game. It's a good name. He looks like a pirate there, oh gray Beard. So if he can't call him dad, all gray Beard works, how about this? If he can't call him dad on the court, how about busted toes? How about bat? Busted his toes?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: Bat? Because I don't know if you knew this about Lebron's feet, but his tootsies are mango. So if he doesn't want dad b a t busted ass tosal yo, that might work. I don't know. Do you know the trash talking that could take place out there, like they're losing, like yo, you and your bitch Dad, Like there's gonna be there's gonna be people that are trying that they will try to play the emotions. Oh yeah, yeah sure, Oh yeah, how about this one. You always say this is the worst thing you could tell a guy. Oh yeah, your hairline. Now we say this respectfully. But if you can't call him dad, I'm sure he'll turn around if he hears that one, right, Get that. If Bronnie's open and he's not responding to dad hairline, I'm open that he might get some attention there. And there is no worse than sult in the world than hairline, because even if you have a strong hairline, you're gonna be uh wondering me. Really, I don't know, And I know right that's the comeback player of the year right there, his hairline. Look at it, here's a progression. If they ever fight amongst each other on the team. You ever think Lebron's gonna be like yo, I bang your mom to Bronnie Like maybe maybe, But look, it's also a testament to how long he's been there, how long he's done it right. So again credit to Lebron James. We're just having fun with this story because he's the one who said you can't call me dad. What are we gonna call him? Think? And Lebron did say, well, then call me goat. So in that case, maybe Bronnie calls him MJ. There you go, oh the goat? Hey, MJ, I'm open. Oh you said you were a goat. You said you were to go so Michael Jordan. Now those are just some things Bronnie could call Lebron. We say that respectfully, and if you want to add to the list, if you got anything else, hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. Hashtag Covino's the Man, hashtag Lebron James, Lebron James. You know, I don't think I don't think anyone's thinking about basketball right now because it's fun ball season. Hairline, James, I'm sorry, would you say? And Tom Brady was in the news and by the way, something we talked about earlier on Fox. How interesting the dilemma they might have as far as what corporate Tom Brady could do compared to announcer Tom Brady. I could get dicey. But there was another Tom Brady story and it had to do with him bench pressing. And I feel like this is something you and your jersey wheedle friends bragged about in the nineties without a doubt. But again, you're talking thirty years ago or whatever, right when we were taking creatine and caring about those things, trying to get her weight up, basically trying to get your weight up as a kid. As you get older, do you really want to push your limits? Now, before we talk about what Tom Brady did, let's throw it back to when Shack and Chuck had a lift off. You remember this, I think this is hilarious. Shaq and Chuck had a lift off on TNT to promote some rock Mark Wahlmberg movie or whatever, right, and the whole premise was that Charles Barkley had fake weights and Shaquille O'Neil was trying to outlift Charles Barkley was a lift off. The fact that check is dumbfounded as to how is Charles Barkley beating me? So they start at one thirty five, They get it up easy, then they go to two twenty five, They get it up easy, three point fifteen. Shack is struggling a little bit, gets it up. Barkley throws it up easy, and then they're at four oh five. And here's how to clip pans out? We try four oh five the great lift off. Oh shit, that's fourth plates on each side. Shack could do it. This is up to Charles Barkley to win it. We got this, Charles. He's struggling Hereawn, Charles, that's ship time. You need help. Lock it out, Lock it out, lock out. Yes, is it a clean bench? I think we have a winner.
Speaker 2: Jermy Wndall to shave my head, shut up, shacks Man Barkley.
Speaker 1: Chiquillo is a soul loser. Thank you very much. Shot your party gets take. Yeah, it was a prank and it was great. Somehow I went viral again and it got us thinking about it. And then like Rich just said, Tom Brady also in the news this week, Benching, what two forty five? I think? Hold on, I'll find the exact story. It's Tom Brady. Yeah, two forty five. How much do you bench bro? How much do you bench bro? And that's an awkward question nowadays because I'll tell you what you called me out as a guido from New Jersey. Yeah, I did take pride in that at one point in my life. Now, at this stage of the game, I know I look young and spry, but let's just say I'm in my forties. I don't give a diddley squat about how much I'm putting up. I just want to maintain. I want to get my workout in, but I also don't want to hurt myself. Who's time for that now, No thanks, it's just not a priority. Short hair, don't care. You could argue that, sweet hair, don't check. On the extreme opposite, I lift so light now because I see every dumb friend I have that's in their forties, you hit forty one little acre pain that could be part mint. I have a buddy, the tourist Peck. I have another friend, the tour's bicep our video producer spot Hey Diata gets shoulder surgery. I'm on the business of hurting myself post forty. So when I tell you I'm using like twenty pounds dumbbells, I warm up with fifteens. For you to use that little weight rack with all the pink and orange dumbbells is a little odd to me. I don't care. I feel good, but I also think caring about the weight that you're putting up at this stage is also a little odd. Young man's game, unless, of course, you're a young guy, right and you're trying to get your weight up or b you know you're a professional bodybuilder, current athlete, that sort of thing. If you're just a regular dude and you're just trying to maintain, you're trying to keep some weight off, probably I just don't see how that fits into your life if you have other things going on. But there's guys like Spot who have made fitness a priority that think where weak as could be by not caring who has got hurt?
Speaker 3: So we yeah, but I'm still strong and I've strengthened all the muscles around it. It's like I was hurting when I first started working out, so it came from something else. But it might just be like structure, It could be wear and tear of just.
Speaker 1: Like like it's the guy that's making fun of us for not you especially not breaking a sweater. How is that possible?
Speaker 3: You don't work, You've You've told me you've never done a leg day, which blows my mind.
Speaker 1: D have nice legs already? Do you also? Spot? You know you're you're sort of a gym rat. Now do you know like your max weight on? Like Chris, I mean I slowly build on it. I'd have to look at the specific machines. But yeah, like I'm I'm I know where I've been. I had to back off once I had my surgery and work back up again. But like, yeah, I'm probably benching like one fifty five right now, which is not a lot, but I had to work back up to that. Right I'm deadlifting like two seventy five on the business at all. It's you know, I know it sounds odd, right because Rich and I grew up playing sports and we still go to the gym on the regular. We should be in better shape probably for as often as we go be, but we're going to maintain because I gotta say, I'm sort of past the stage of knowing my max weight at anything that used to be important to me back then. You know what It's like, It's like someone's saying, dude, what's your body count? And there was a stage in my life where you knew that number? But now do you know? And nor do you care? Right? Like embarrassing? Yeah, it's like I don't know, dude, what you don't know? You're counting how many girls you've dated? I don't know, I don't know. I feel the same way about benching. It's like, yeah, I used to care about that, but I really don't anymore. And that may be I rally to you, but that's really the stage I think most guys are. They just want to stay in shape, They just want to throw some weight out, but as far as they're max dight, I don't max out. I don't know. I take pride in lifting light and still feeling good and looking good like a T shirt. Like I'm telling you you do, I don't. I don't need more than if I'm doing shoulder presses or if I'm doing like even a machine for bench press one twenty. I don't need to be lifted hundreds of pounds.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: I think I'm add I really do.
Speaker 3: Right now, you're relying heavily on genetics, and eventually that's going to start working against you, because once your body starts slowing down, if you're not setting a good foundation, you need to, you know, but depend you don't need to. You don't need to max out. Like I don't know what my max is. I'm sure I could do more than I do this, but I'm doing it for reps. I'm doing it to build strings.
Speaker 1: But as Tom Brady or or any of these guys that are in good check. Are they doing any Is any athlete like that doing max weight?
Speaker 3: No, there's a difference between being a bodybuilder and going crazy and maintaining. And as you get older, it's more important to have these muscles trained and toned. So it's also more important not getting hurt. And I said, you only get hurt if you don't know what you're doing. No, not true, Not true at all. The people I'm thinking about, you're such an arrogant prick. You think you know more than people I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I know. Yeah, guys that played college football that are ripped, big guys that are like forty ish, and they don't they not getting hurt is a priority, not only for dudes in their forties, but dudes getting ready for the actual football. See you saw preseason, I saw playing Patty. You want to see the stet. This is a stat about fans. You said I was going to drop a good one. As the football season approaches. Thirty seven percent of men say they gained significant weight from September to January, and fifty three percent of those guys that say they gained weight more than ten pounds so you do have to make the gym a part of your fall life, because just because you got a hoodie, don't put yourself behind the eight ball because then spring hits and you're a piece of trash. Well you know that's a fun stat Let me sit on that for a minute, because that's a lot of way, a significant ten pounds from September to January and again because the sweatshirt weather and your rocking and year old school started, you feel more comfortable with a hoodie on and the gym. Get hide it a little bit. We're not saying go to the gym, but I'm saying do you care about your max weight? But maybe Tom Brady brings you back and plants that seed of saying if he's putting two forty five up, I wonder, I wonder where around att Like, are you even interested right now? Can you know what you could throw up? You need to build to it, and I think we'd all be shocked to see how weak we really. Yeah, you could do your three sets or whatever, but I bet you can't put up what you think you can.
Speaker 3: And you're more likely to injure yourself by trying to do that than like just doing steady, consistent weight.
Speaker 1: But I have no interest the same way when I'll be like Yo Caminot, try to seafood you on aluk seafood no interest, I have no interest. Here's the thing, I have no interest in bulks spot because you know that bulk turns into extra fat from September to January when I'm sitting around lounge and watching football eating five layered dips. That's the truth. So I'm trying to lift lighter, not as light as rich, lighter to get those reps in so that i can eat a little bit more and enjoy my football season. Well, I'll tell you why this happens. Obviously because people feel comfortable in hoodies and football jerseys and sweatshirts. I'm already thinking about next week. The real question is how do you try to eat relatively healthy here and there? Because I'm already thinking about next week Thursday, NFL kickoff Chiefs Ravens and we already made planing. Guess what we made plans? Yeah, We're going to Buffalo Wild Wings with Danny g It's impossible to go to Buffalo wild Wings, any wild wing place, all right, and avoid the wings. It's a healthy option. Tell me about Friday. Yeah, well that's why you have to care a gym to balance it out. Eagles from Brazil, Okay, softball buddies like, yeah, we're all going to the bar to watch that. Two days in a row. You're eating shitty and drinking probably at least a few drinks. And then Sunday, I'm already getting people be like, yo, first day of the NFL season, you're having people over. Let's like make a braunch, we'll eat and yo, oh Sarah, do you want to make that stuff? French toast and bacon. And so now you talk about Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Three out of the four days of that first NFL weekend, you're gonna be a piece of shit, slop and dude, not only some great football, but you got some fights coming up. We're gonna be in Vegas for Canello for longa. You know, you're gonna be eating and drinking and boozing and schmoozing. So all of these things add up, which is why the gym is important. But again, nobody's in the business of getting hurt from preseason and to you in your thirties, forties, whatever, no one wants to get hurt, because that hurt is a major step back, which leads to you feeling like a slug. Anyway, would you do this? Would you do this? Read it? Thirty seven percent of men yeah, said they would give up football games for two months, So we're talking eight weeks of the NFL season two months, eight weeks. Would you do it if it meant you just get a six pack? Would you do it? Now? If you told me I didn't have to work out and I just got to sick pack, like eight weeks? You live for this? No, Honestly, I'm only a six pack one of my twenty two. If you didn't have to work out, if I was a fat slob, I might say yes, but I'd rather watch football. I want to live life and enjoy I'm not giving up to eight weeks of NFL actions or well two way, two and five. Men and their belly is the physical attribute they change about themselves, And I'm just telling you, enjoy your wings, enjoy your beer, but moderation because football season is like prime time for you to just lose track of your goals, loose track of who you are, and just become sloppy. Don't be sloppy. Did you give up your love life? Would you give up a six abs? He's doing pretty well without him. I'd be more likely to do that. Then give up football. You can give up You can give up booty for a month or so, more so than football. So again, if you're if you're doing the math, I don't think maxing out is where you are unless you're a professional athlete. Right should be there, No one should be. Tom Brady's putting up two forty five, good for him, but letting yourself slip in gaining more than ten pounds from September to January is also not what we're preaching here. There's a middle ground. Stay healthy, health is wealth, and that's really yeah, some good motivations. Yeah, enjoy your living middle ground somewhere. Oh wait, I was gonna say, enjoy your Labor Day weekend, eat and drink like a slob, and then we'll start fresh next week. But it's NFL season, so hey, have fun.
Speaker 3: Diet starts in four months, all right, Yeah, I have this.
Speaker 1: New playing communie. It's going to be my Valentine's Day diet when football's over all right, Sure, I will see you guys later today. Actually, we'll see you guys tomorrow kick off the weekend right Fox Sports Radio. Until then, Ariva dere chia baby, see you in the over Promised Land. Who's Domesta Loo