Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys training live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at.
Speaker 3: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Touch Down Jack Burgers here, that's got kitson any touchdown and now.
Speaker 1: Your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s w PC studios.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 2: We've got the whole caster or crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah's stand back Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomans. So glad you're with us. Call us on the phone line now eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven, Give us a call.
Speaker 5: Be a part of the show.
Speaker 6: Do it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna try and break a record today. Let's go, or at least like set a mark.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a record, but we're gonna try and get to ten calls double digits.
Speaker 3: That means if you're gonna call in and you're gonna be eight eight eight.
Speaker 2: Eight five five two two nine sevens lucky on the line, partner, then you need to be concise. You need to be quick to your point. You need to get out of there so we can talk about it and move on to the next caller.
Speaker 4: Two things, challenge to our fan rely okay, okay. If you've never called in before, yeah, call in, call in today.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Call me now.
Speaker 2: See how many new callers we can love our current reoccurring call We love our fan for the foot.
Speaker 4: If you never called before, I challenge you, okay, I challenge new voices.
Speaker 5: And then secondly, if your question is beyond fifteen twenty seconds, Beamer's gonna hit the butt.
Speaker 3: Oh brother, oh brother. That also means like, have one question, I have one question. Question?
Speaker 7: Get in, get out?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do it like a storyline Tuesdays?
Speaker 3: There you go? Is that what they do on Tuesday? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because they're recording the show and Beam is very nice to them on the phone. He was like, get in, get out, get off the phone.
Speaker 3: Ten calls, that's what we're gonna do with.
Speaker 1: Who is that that said? Beam butters them up and we were like, bean butter, butterbean, butterbeam. I see what you did there. But who was that? A couple of weeks ago this said that claimed to make the allegations like you know, beams to butter now and we were like, beamed out.
Speaker 3: It was a caller, wasn't it. I don't butter people on the phone.
Speaker 9: We know, we're.
Speaker 7: We know that's the joke.
Speaker 3: You're very aware of this, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: I love it, though, should you throw eggs.
Speaker 3: Stinky?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Pat, Let's get into some news and notes so we can maybe even take some calls here in this first whoa boy?
Speaker 1: And there's not a ton of news and notes. We talked about the injuries on yesterday and Ceedee Lamb, Trayvon Diggs, Daveon Clowney, Tyler guy In, those being the headliners. Jerry Jones spoke with one O five three the fan today, didn't offer much insight into either of them, just basically saying if he can get you know two of those three being guy In, Ceedee Lamb and Jenevion Clowney, that cowboys will be in a good.
Speaker 7: Spot forthcoming written by Tommy.
Speaker 1: I feel that's obvious. So we don't know where they are right now versus where they were yesterday. But as of yesterday, just to reiterate, Ceedee Lamb has made progress within the concussion protocol. He still needs to pass his benchmarks in order to clear that. Jenevion Clowney is expected to take the field against the Minnesota Vikings. Yeah, Cowboys missed him in Detroit. Absolutely, Yes, Tyler Guy is on right to return against the Minnesota Vikings as well.
Speaker 5: Very nice.
Speaker 1: So that's that's where they are with the injury front now. Trayvon Diggs another part of the injury front. Jerry Jones said to One on five through the Fan this morning that he turns out he was a game time decision last week against the Detroit Lions. So that tells you just how close they were to getting Trayvon Diggs activated from injured reserve. That tells me that you know, he has an equal or better chance of that occurring this week against the Vikings. Now the Cowboys are going to look closely at him during practice. I did find it interesting that Jerry Jones said there are quote unquote a lot of eyes on Trayvon Diggs in practice this week, and then he immediately kind of softened that by saying not in a negative way, little fly fishing.
Speaker 5: Kind of heard you there, Okay, why fly fishing? Fly fishing?
Speaker 3: You throw it out there, you bring it right back, bring it back.
Speaker 5: We kind of heard you there, Jair.
Speaker 3: So when's the last time you went fly fish?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 4: You've never been fly standing and bodies of water that I can't see in. It's not a thing that people like me get into.
Speaker 2: You're in the wrong place. You gotta find like a nice like creek or something, but see the bottom.
Speaker 4: And you've never seen a video of anybody like me standing in a body of water fish and getting attacked by a catfish.
Speaker 3: You're not getting attacked by a catfish. If anything, your ankles get not on by like an alligator go roading.
Speaker 5: Have you seen those teeth?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 2: Would you feel it happened to me? I used to fly fish all the time. Oh yes, it's like one of my hobbits.
Speaker 3: You've been not on that now.
Speaker 5: Here, Bro, you're standing in my ankles.
Speaker 1: I've never been.
Speaker 5: Would you try it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: You know what, because I'm from coastal Georgia and water moccasins.
Speaker 5: Or of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, why would I why why would I do that? I did?
Speaker 2: There was one time as me and a buddy of mine, and there was just a straight up rattlesnake or not a rattle, a copperhead that like swam in between us.
Speaker 5: I'm shooting up the whole pond.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was legit. It was in Waco, of course, opper head.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was.
Speaker 3: I can't remember if it was.
Speaker 5: A copper but it was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. All you would have seen me is that that cartoon silhouette smoke where I used to be.
Speaker 5: Y'all would have thought it was Jesus. I definitely would have been walking on water.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So Jerry Jones said, a lot of eyes are on Trayvon Diggs. We'll see if he makes it back to the field this week and to kind of throw some some more chum in the water.
Speaker 5: You know what did you do there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You caught that.
Speaker 1: Regarding the linebacker situation, this is something that we've talked about. This is something that the family starting to pick up on and kind of have a rally cry for and or against, depending on which side of that equation you're on. I, for one, am on the side of what the hell is Logan Wilson not playing playing?
Speaker 5: Is it a calf?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: No, no no.
Speaker 1: So Jerry Jones spoke to it, and I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how how noncommittal he was to Yeah, he was noncommittal to the K nine equation. So they asked him straight up, they said, you know what's going on with Logan Wilson? Could it be a ramp up thing? So Jery he colored his commentary with it being a ramp up, But if you listen, go back and listen to what he was actually saying, it sounds like he's saying we're going to expected to see more Logan Wilson as early as this week. Because he kept saying that that's what you brought Logan Wilson in for, was competition to compete with Kender Mary, to compete at that spot. And then he said, well, you know it's his fourth game ramp up. Okay cool. So all of that being said, I ah expect to see more Logan Wilson this week.
Speaker 4: So do you truly believe that it was just a mental capacity thing in terms of absorbing the actual.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, he was the green dot on his first game against the Raiders and played the majority of this just trying to do.
Speaker 5: A process of he's he's healthy, he's healthy, and he understands.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 5: But I'll just have guys politics.
Speaker 13: May I for one moment, just, uh does fluce? What is flu seeing from Kenneth Murray that you were not seeing out of Logan Wilson in his limited time on the field, even James for.
Speaker 1: That, Why is the sun not covered in ice? I don't know, like that not even to be because I'm just being playful with Josh, of course, but seriously, like I don't know, like objectively speaking, there have been pockets of games where Murray has played well. Pockets though, right so, like a couple of weeks or so ago, the PBu that created the tip drill interception, things like that. There have been pockets right before the most part, if you look at the body of his work, and not to beat up on the guy, but let's just talk the science of it. If you're looking at the body of work in the Cowboys uniform, it's just been very not great. Okay, on the whole, there have been pockets of good football, but for the most part, it's like, no, no, no, that's why you went and got Logan Wilson in the first place, because Kenneth Murray had been playing up to standard. Because keep in mind, you traded for Murray as well, so if Murray had been playing up the standard, also knowing he has to deliverage of being a guy who you traded for, then you're not trading for Logan Wilson at the trade deadline. But you went and did that, So then to make that move, and three games in be asking the question, why is Logan Wilson not seeing the reps that he needs to see. I don't have a logical, legitimate answer for that. I just don't three games plus other than the week that you other than coaches have their guys. Yeah, which is to say, if Jack Samborn wasn't on U wasn't dealing with the groin injury Insideline probably still be seeing some Jack Samborne other.
Speaker 13: But do you think having a mini buy in between all of that, And of course Jerry Jones now saying that we're probably going to see more Logan Wilson having a mini buy buy in between, that makes it a little more understandable that they wanted to give him more time to understand the defense.
Speaker 1: Did Quentina Williams get a ramp up?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: Okay, but does it does he need one necessarily at that position?
Speaker 1: But is Logan Wilson and one of the green flags for Logan Wilson coming in and a saying that he should be able to get get kind of thrown out there exactly high football like you, and he's a veteran.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been how many games? Three? Three games plus the week? Yeah, so four weeks?
Speaker 1: So why why is the sun not covered?
Speaker 13: But you had three games in eleven days during that time. I mean, I think part of that is I think what bad timing exactly for for all.
Speaker 7: Of that to kind of go down.
Speaker 13: But this bye, if we're expecting to see more of them than I'm like, all right, well, I'm.
Speaker 6: Kind of with you.
Speaker 3: I'm not freaking out for not I'm not freaking out right now.
Speaker 1: It's the question, though, it's it's definitely it's a quiable question. Sure, So that's what I'm glad you said it.
Speaker 3: But I don't think it's something to panic about this second, Like, but you have to.
Speaker 1: Fans and analysts who are demanding clarity. Are right in doing so? Is all I'm saying, Oh yeah, we're justified in the manny clarity. If it were a situation where they were ramping up a guy like Quinn Williams, then then it'd be like, oh, well, okay, what are we doing? This is not that, but this is most certainly at least a can we get an actual answer as to why this is the case.
Speaker 3: And the answer you got today was no, no, it's not so.
Speaker 1: Again, this isn't to beat up on Kenneth Murray as much as it is to say you traded for Logan Wilson. Why is Logan Wilson not and you traded for him to compete with Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 5: You also drafted a couple of linebackers too, Chamar and Marris. I don't get two stars.
Speaker 1: They got Marris chained to a radiot.
Speaker 5: You know what radio, because he's a dog.
Speaker 3: You talk about pockets of good and pockets are bad.
Speaker 2: Though the majority of the pockets of good of Marit has been on special teams, and the majority of the pockets.
Speaker 3: Are bad have been on defense. And you know what's crazy that he hasn't played.
Speaker 1: The majority of the pockets on good last year we're on defense. Yeah, then the question becomes, what's the disconnect between mars and system. That's the question. Yeah, there's something, there's something not not jobbing there.
Speaker 3: So coy Isaiah, Okay, eating your your fruit.
Speaker 5: And say that.
Speaker 7: Finish with BlackBerry sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why are you eating in the middle of the show. Because I am a healthy guy. Oh my god, my body is my temple.
Speaker 5: I have development.
Speaker 4: Position of coaches have a responsibility oftentimes analysts and fans.
Speaker 5: We look direct at the simply the athlete.
Speaker 4: Not enough emphasis is being placed on the development of players by position coaches. It's something I speak on frequently. You said, we can't just continue to not see productivity out of specific position groups and not have accountability had for the coaches that are responsible for those position groups.
Speaker 2: So for the linebackers, who would be Dave Borganzi, he's the linebackers coach. Should there be a conversation about Borganzi? Not necessarily like moving on from but accountability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like this.
Speaker 4: You had a Damon Clark, we drafted, they figured it didn't work out. Damon walks out. We're sitting here talking about Marristle. If we drafted, saying that he's not clicking the linebacker position, not seeing the field. Jamar James, we drafted not seeing him on the field the way in which we were talking about we continue talking about other veterans. Usually when you draft guys, you want to see them on the field. But those are three guys, not all in the same category, but all three guys that have been invested in in terms of draft equity that we haven't seen the productivity that you we would like to see. I can't say that completely for Shamar James. I really liked him as a player right now. Yeah, I understand he's a rookie too, for sure, And obviously these other guys are have a couple more years.
Speaker 5: On their route.
Speaker 4: But in totalities are guys that we drafted and then did not see the development out of to date today. Regardless of the timeline, whether you're a rookie or whether you're a damon right into your third fourth year, whatever it is, I have questions about the development of particular position groups.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 4: We said the same thing about defensive line. Right, there's individuals that we drafted and it weren't developed, right, So, like there has to be a responsibility placed on these coaches, not calling him matam Well, they equally deserve the scrutiny or the analysis that we place on the players. If you're not seeing a consistent productivity out of the whole group, it can't just always be the players.
Speaker 3: And I would put a lot of that, hold on, hold on, hold on. I would put a lot of that on.
Speaker 2: The previous coaching staff, not the current coaching staff do too, especially with when it comes to the defensive line that you're talking about. Also with Maris Leafel, even though he did ball out and he played well and he was able to develop, and then you're talking about what was the third name we're thinking of, Demon Clark, that was the other guy you were talking about. I put that more on the previous coaching staff up until this point. Maris is the one question mark that I have just because of the scheme and the flip of a scheme, and he didn't forget to play defense year exactly. So I think he just probably doesn't fit the same way that we thought he would with coach Ibra Flus or with Borganzi or whatever it may be. I don't necessarily put all of that lack of development on this coaching staff because they've been here just as long as a lot of these players have the same thing with I mean, Shamar James and Dave Burgonzi have been here with the exception of about two months, the same amount of time.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna take a little bit of time for those guys to develop.
Speaker 2: You're not developing Kenneth Murray, You're not developing Jack Sambourne.
Speaker 4: Those are guys that you still need, They still need help. I agree that what I'm saying, So when we look at the group as a whole, that's what I'm saying. Both staffs.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is that it's not all on one person, not not on one That's exactly my point, right, it's not all on one staff.
Speaker 4: But we've had two staffs with Damon didn't work out. We've had two staffs with Maryor's Lee foul doesn't seem to be working because he doesn't fit the scheme.
Speaker 5: Now we've had one staff with Shamar James. He's not on the field, in.
Speaker 4: Which we hope they continue to find other people to put in front of him. They trade for Murray not working out the way people thought. They trade for Logan Wilson. We're still waiting.
Speaker 5: So I'm there's a trend here, Yeah, there's a trend. I can't I can't help but identify the trend.
Speaker 4: It's either likely development, or they don't fit the scheme, or they need more time, like there's something somebody clicking.
Speaker 13: Another big part of that is that the defensive scheme changed. You only have two linebackers on the field at a time now, and are you taking to Marvin overshon off the field right now? The only question mark right now is Kenneth Murray and his the the amount of time that they're giving him on the field and the fact that he's not necessarily he's reading the play just fine, but he's getting himself out of position. So why not then supplement those reps for Logan Wilson, a guy that you traded for, but like you traded for, Maris is right there?
Speaker 1: Here's this year you overshown. Okay, you're not taking Overshow off the field? No, you're not, absolutely not. Has Overshown played the entire season?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Before Overshown came back, we having the same question mark about why san Born And yes, okay, so you mean to tell me that. Let me put it this way, I forgot there's a common denominator. Yes, be it overshown available or uneva. Be it Sanborn versus Meyrist or Kenneth Murray versus Logan Wilson versus Merrist. Yeah, Chamar James, there's a coming thrid for sure this entire season. Yes, And the question is what's the thrid? Yeah, I'd love to hear fans weighing only it's true. I mean, who would you start a linebacker?
Speaker 5: That's the question. No, that ain't that's the question. The question. The question is why is it? Why is that nobody's clicking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the question.
Speaker 4: Why is it that we have an excuse for every single person that we just listed. When we drafted two guys over the last two years at that position, right, or is it three three guys, whatever it might be, we trade it for two and we signed one free agent, and none of them are panning out the way you want it.
Speaker 5: None. But it's the players.
Speaker 2: And now you've got some guys up front that can can hold up their blocks and do their thing at the same time too. All Right, we got to take our first break when we come back. We've got ten calls to get to We're gonna. We just made it really tough on you, just so you know when we come back with more talking cowboys right after that.
Speaker 8: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 6: We're with you.
Speaker 8: That's our promise to you because no matter of the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 14: Where with you?
Speaker 3: Where are United Cowboys Vans? We've got big news.
Speaker 2: Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating location. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through.
Speaker 3: Those long days.
Speaker 2: So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American Way.
Speaker 3: Black Rifle Coffee America's coffee.
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 3: See that Cowboys game. Oh, I watched.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing some good things totally.
Speaker 5: They have some talent.
Speaker 3: You have some great talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm Cody.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you. Travis, Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 3: Cowboys make a new.
Speaker 1: Friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 5: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 15: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation, at.
Speaker 15: AT and T. We guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken.
Speaker 3: Wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback.
Speaker 15: Staying connected matters. That's why in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day's service. For wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to impact tower.
Speaker 3: Don't set about it. Restrictions and exclusions apply.
Speaker 15: Se eet dot Com SLUCH guarantee for full details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, where your cowboys geared to a Black Rifle Coffee location on game days.
Speaker 3: Get ten percent off your entire order, just like what Josh is wearing right now.
Speaker 7: You're sure to work cowboys gear every day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, I mean I work in the building, so I guess it kind of you do the same.
Speaker 2: Don't judge me speaking of uh big time wins like getting ten percent off your Black Rifle coffee order.
Speaker 3: How about the uh how about the Chargers?
Speaker 1: How about those Chargers?
Speaker 3: And how about Jalen Hurts? Well done, dude, Yeah that was good enough. I like the positivity, but we got a hurry.
Speaker 16: Pat just count four four four, but five herds in one play, first first down through a game twenty two nineteen, Santa Chargers beat the Eagles in overtime, and it was a good one.
Speaker 3: Let's get to Mike in New York, our first caller, Mike, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 10: I was happy about the Eagles losing, but I was I know, Dallas had an they you know, they played the Lions and it was just like they took a step back. I mean, I feel like they didn't play aggressive as they did when they played the Chiefs. I mean, I know, it's the NFL, it's as we talk about it every week, it's week league. It's just just, you know, we I don't know, we just SI. I don't know what it was. I don't know what it was. Everybody, everybody. We didn't play well. Defense, I mean, offense didn't do too bad, but they you know, I mean Dak obviously didn't have the time that he normally has. It's just but the defense, they just they didn't play well.
Speaker 2: I agree, Mike, appreciate the call as always, kind of just outlined what we talked about on Friday, talk about how the offense didn't play well, defense didn't play well, special teams didn't play well. It was an uncomplimentary football, uncomplimentary at its finance.
Speaker 3: Is that a word? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Don't you google it?
Speaker 3: Cut I probably did.
Speaker 1: Liquidity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, liquidity is a word. Give I gave you credit there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it is what I do, but yes, I agree, Mike, and hopefully they're able to turn that around this week.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Jason in New Jersey, Jason, what's going on?
Speaker 6: What's up? Guys?
Speaker 17: Super super excited to be on the show. Thank you so much for taking my call. I am in Eagles territory, so I have to do this stuff all the time. I just want to say, you guys have the best well rounded show and I love it. Thank you so much for all you do. Uh Isaiah, Super proud of you man. I've been watching you for a long time.
Speaker 5: Brother, appreciate it.
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, I just want to say so no Ce, Like space is cold, the sun is hot. But I want to know can the Cowboys be that new clear giant to make it to the playoffs?
Speaker 11: Do you still believe?
Speaker 17: Love you guys, I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Good question there, Jason.
Speaker 7: Do you believe the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, do we hey avert your eyes fandomly in the chat, we're gonna say the P word.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Playoff to get there? You got a long way to go, got to win for it. But the math is working in your favor. The Chargers defeated the Eagle.
Speaker 3: Ky, No, I'm not being I'm saying to.
Speaker 1: Answer the caller. He wants to know if we believe the math, says you have a right to believe. You have four games left, you only one and a half games behind, You have two more divisional games left. The Eagles are falling apart. Looks like the Cowboys broke them with that twenty one point come back.
Speaker 5: I hope.
Speaker 1: So you have a reason to believe. The Cowboys just need to give you more of a reason to believe. Effect of this Sunday against the vik.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think there is reason to believe. But my gosh, there's a lot that has to go your way. You gotta win all four. Then the Eagles who play the Raiders, the Commanders, the Bills, and the Commanders again. The Bills game you could probably count as a possible Los Commanders.
Speaker 1: You need.
Speaker 2: You need the Eagles to slip up against one of the worst teams in the NFL on three different occasions, twice against the Commanders and once against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Happen. So it needs to happen in order for you to even have a shot. The Commanders, and they just got they just got their butts.
Speaker 2: Whooped by the bike shutout who had a four game losing streak, and beat them thirty one in the matchups.
Speaker 1: So you're saying they need to bounce back.
Speaker 5: I would show I believe in commanders when it comes against the against the Eagles, I do. I love Vegas.
Speaker 1: Say no, you want it, you better believe in the Commanders when they played. That's fine, but I'm not gonna taint the class.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's go to Nebbie in Silver Spring, Maryland. We've got Nebbie on the line. Nebby knows ball. What's up, dude?
Speaker 11: Uh Hi, Kyle, how are you? Thank you so much for taking my call? Uh? And I just want to say that you guys took the word right out of my mouth because uh uh I was gonna say that I've been doing the math uh and.
Speaker 12: I I.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 11: In order for us to win the NFC East h I and make the playoffs, we have to win out uh I I uh and the Philadelphia Eagles have to lose uh uh two of their remaining four games. Uh uh uh. Not likely to happen, considering who the Eagles have remaining on their schedule. However, it is possible. We just have to take things one game at a time, take care of our own business, and the rest will take care of itself. Take care thank you so much for being patient with me. I have a great week Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yes. I love the way he outlined that at the end, and it's kind of what Isaiah was talking to last week. As long as they take it one game at a time, I feel like they have a shot. They should win these games. The Chargers game is gonna be the tough, tough one. That's the toughest one remaining.
Speaker 5: They're familiar with those games and you're.
Speaker 2: Playing them at home, so you've got you've got that at your factor. I think you've got you've got a likelihood to win the final four games. You just need the Eagles to slip up twice.
Speaker 1: You just knew and it could happen.
Speaker 3: That's hard to do.
Speaker 13: But they have a championship caliber defense absolutely, like you saw it on display last ast night.
Speaker 7: They refuse to lose that game.
Speaker 3: They turned it over five times and twice in one play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and gave shortfield to Justin Herbert, who's been one of the best quarterbacks and one of the best offenses in the Chargers all year. And they gave up nineteen points in regulation and lost in all seven sacks on Justin Herbert. Yeah, I agree with you. Just gonna be tough, and I we think in Marcus Mariota, and I mean, who knows if Jayden Daniels is still gonna play.
Speaker 13: And I don't want to burst our bubble heat because the Dallas Cowboys have elements of that. They can be a championship level offense, but you have not seen it consistently enough. And a big part of that is your offensive line. You have the weapons, there's no doubt about it, no doubt you have Dak Prescott, but can you afford him enough time against championship caliber defenses? Because if we're talking about getting into the playoffs, Okay, who you playing in the first round?
Speaker 7: Is it going to be Seattle? Is it going to be Green Bay? Again?
Speaker 13: The Rams like, are you telling me that you feel confident with this offensive line going up against those defensive lines?
Speaker 5: Say forty nine ers for ten dollars place?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, yeah, that'd be great in a perfect world, But I don't know necessarily that you're built for that quite yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, going to the Eagles side of the equation, there's no denying their defense. No, I have a defense, but their offense can lose them. Three of these knicks, four games. Yeah, I agree, That's That's what I'm saying. So you make a good point. Yeah, say, well, can you think Mark Mariota, I don't know, doubtful, right, But flip the coin. Do you think Jalen Hurts and this offense can beat the Commander's defense?
Speaker 2: They I know, their offensive line is kind of a mess right now, but they at least have Barkley and they still have Davante Smith and A J. Brown can put up one hundred yards if they throw them the football they did throw Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 5: Did his thing.
Speaker 13: A Brown has one hundred plus receiving yards in each of the last three games that they've lost.
Speaker 1: And you know what else he had. He was also a key reason that they did right. They dropped the ball, dropped the ball, created one of the iron tis And I will give Hurts this much credit. That ball, that deep ball, perfect God chargers. That that could have broke the game. That was that was it ran the hands hands. So again, yeah, throw So the offense for the Eagles who lose them these games. They lose one, you think so, but are they going to lose two?
Speaker 5: They just lost one?
Speaker 3: No, No, they they they need to lose two more.
Speaker 5: I think they'll lose bills. They'll lose bills, and they'll lose to Washington at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go to one more callar before we take our second break. Robert in California?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 3: Robert up? Robert drop?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 3: What's up? Bruce in Philadelphia? Bruce, he didn't have a T and T.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 14: Man? How's it going?
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, bro?
Speaker 14: I know, man, it is bedlam up here.
Speaker 11: It's beautiful.
Speaker 14: It's a beautiful. I had I gotta listen to my fellows over here, but to listen.
Speaker 6: To Philly sports.
Speaker 14: Talk radio when the Eagles like this, it is sane. I mean, you got people want to jump bridges and everything. It's crazy.
Speaker 7: Let me let me share something with you, Bruce.
Speaker 13: One of my favorite things to do after the Eagles lose is whenever I go to sleep, I listened to Eagles podcasts and listen to the whine about losing.
Speaker 7: It is my favorite thing.
Speaker 1: Hate listen.
Speaker 7: It is music to my ears.
Speaker 13: Please I encourage and every time the Eagles lose, please just check out any of their podcast because they're all insane.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving them the numbers.
Speaker 13: I mean I do it on a separate accountant on the dark incognito mode. No, it's great, thank you, Bruce.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hey, guys, listen, I had a question, like I think one of the things that just overlooked is, like you know, in terms of well the Coweys didn't play as well against the Tray as they played those previous three games, you really can't underestimate the ability for Dak Prescott to make those changes at the line, particularly with the tackles. When he's making those line calls and changing plays when they're home, obviously it's a whole different viob And how much if you guys could just chime it, it just let the cause. And how much is that a factor in terms of his ability to change calls or get us into the perfect play where he can do that more so at home and maybe so much not on the road. So I see the lack of aggressiveness sometimes with the play calling on the road. And also the other question I had, and I you know I can listen off line, is are we talking about two playoff spots at at that may be for grads that any here. We know about the NFC East one in terms of winning division.
Speaker 6: But the Bears. I know the Bears have non.
Speaker 14: Wins now, but I think three of their last four games too look really daunting and it seems to me that you're either going to win ten games or eleven games, and the Cowboys being at ten six and one, they may have a chance at one of those wildcard spots or do today. I'll listen offline. Good listen to you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bruce.
Speaker 3: Good call, Bruce. I'm going to start with Isaiah on the quarterback thought.
Speaker 2: Changing the play at the line of scrimmage easier on the on the road or easier at home? And does it affect it one way or the other From a play calling standpoint, changing the play is obviously easier than the less noise there is, sure in the communication, but there's so many things that are non verber cues now it really doesn't shouldn't have impact you that much.
Speaker 4: There's things that you do in practice, layering music, blaring speakers, whatever it might be. Crowd noise that prepare you now is not going to be the same exact thing as in the game. But majority of your verbal communication goes towards your offensive lineman, your tight end, and you're running back, so you can. That's why you see quarterbacks walk up talk to those guys, and everybody else gets hand signals.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then the second point about the Bears. I'm looking at their final four games Browns, Packers, forty nine Ers, Lions, So I agree with him. Three of the four are pretty daunting. But if they win one more, then they would be ten. That would get them the ten and seven. If they win it, Yeah, if they win it and they only win one more, you're a ten and seven, So you would get in.
Speaker 3: If you win all four of yours and they only win one more.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of hope for you need them to slip up three times against formidable competition, or you need Philadelphia to slip up once against Philadelpior, once against Buffalo, and then once against the not so forth, a.
Speaker 1: Better chances are to try to take this division, I think. So that's what I focus on. Try to take the and if you happen in trying to take the division, if you happen to accidentally fall into a wildcard, great take it. But you got to aim for the division, not the world.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of where we're at.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back on Talking Cowboys, we're going to go all the way out to the great state of Alaska. Oh, we're gonna hear from our friend John in a moment more Talking Cowboys right after this.
Speaker 15: At AT and T we guarantee our network so you can talk college football with your bff while taking Buster to the vet.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, I can't believiate the whole thing of chicken.
Speaker 3: Wings, and I can't believe we're staging a comeback. Staying connected matters.
Speaker 15: That's why, in the rare event of a network outage, you'll automatically get a bill credit for a full day's service for Wiles's Downtown, lasting sixty minutes and more. Caused by single incident impacting ten more towers must be connected to imact tow don't set about it. Restrictions and exclusions apply. Se eet dot com slash Guarantee for full details.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs it's a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 18: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you are one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 7: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 18: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here, it's a pepper.
Speaker 2: Thing, Cowboys Vans, We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven to eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars. At partips of pating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through those long days. So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy Deal and fuel up the American Way. Black Rifle Coffee, America's coffee to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment has brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. We've gotten through five collars. Here's John in Alaska.
Speaker 3: What's going on? John?
Speaker 9: Hey there, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 17: What's that?
Speaker 1: Has the sun come up here? Joe?
Speaker 9: I was just gonna say, it's really dark and really early. There's there's there's something I really need to kind of wake me up this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, blood.
Speaker 9: Sorry that was for you, Patrick, get yourself hmm blood like vampires?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 3: I don't. I'm I'm curious about the Okay, Yeah I don't think so.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 3: Sorry, thirty days a night, Okay.
Speaker 1: Right, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 9: So I got to watch the game, and the difference I saw between the defenses is the Lion's defense was was always trying to strip the ball. They were going after the ball with our offensive guys, and that was prevalent with the turnovers. And it didn't seem like our defense was really trying to do that. They were. They were more more focused on tackling, it seemed like to me. So I was kind of wondering from from your guys, because I appreciate the fact that you guys get to watch films, is that something that our defense is prioritizing is going after the ball and trying to get takeaways.
Speaker 12: Go for it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the call, first of all, man, Yeah, I mean yeah, all defenses prioritize trying to take the ball away. So I'm not going to sit up here and accuse our defense of not doing the same. It's just so be it that certain situations a lot for you to go after the ball more so than others. For instance, the punch out, I think that Campbell had the tackle was already secured. The tackle was secured, so all his job now is to come. Since the tackle is already secured, he has the ability to now come out and just simply try to punch at the ball. Your number one priority is to get the man down. Number two. If you're in a position to get them down and you secure the tackle, then you try to go for the chicken strip.
Speaker 1: So that is kind of how.
Speaker 5: Most teams teach it.
Speaker 4: I can't speak to what the Cowboys do, but I know that we've seen them in training camps, them in pre practice.
Speaker 5: It is a point of emphasis for sure.
Speaker 13: I mean I listening to Shoddy over the last couple of weeks talk about the turnover differential and like just being frustrated by it, obviously because the turnovers are not quite there for the defense like he wants them to be, like anybody wants them to be, right, But I don't have any doubt that there's an emphasis on it. And you have a lot of playmakers, including Deron Bland, who is efficient at making those interceptions and being able to be a ballhawk, right, But you're not seeing it click this year. But I think a lot of that is the communication struggles that they've had all season with the defense and having to change the scheme midway through the season. I think the more you're able to get these guys playing time. Like we're talking about getting Logan Wilson involved, getting players that you're not really seeing a lot on the field right now. I think the more different looks that you get on defense, the more opportunities like that will come about.
Speaker 1: I mean, bottom liney is just exactly what you guys are saying, like priority number one has to be getting got to the ground has to be because when you prioritize punching the ball away over that, what you start to see is something that played the Cowboys more often than not, your with your mistackles. So coaches, if they're coaching it the right way, it's about getting the guy wrapped up and then the free runner he's the one that should come in and punch at it while the guy. So if you have the guy, if you're the first one to the guy, you're taking him down prooraby one. Get that guy to the ground, and while you're on the way to the ground, shirt kind of jab at the ball. But it should never be the other way around.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about rally to the ball. That is a term that's brought up a lot.
Speaker 1: And just swarm to it.
Speaker 7: You have to be able to do that and the seasons.
Speaker 1: Did he like this?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Eric in North Carolina. Eric, you're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 12: What's up guys? First time? Hey, I admire you guys. Guys, you guys are something to Some of the reasons why I like that is Cowboys, sports media, the podcast, met the stuff you guys give us on the web, website, in the app, it's second to none. You gotta twitch your money where your mouth is. Y'all walk the walk, and I just gotta give y'all flowers. Now I'm a normal I will I'm a normal guy with a regular with hanging with the boards on me and Shannon Groves and my dog just know because you know, But I just want to, you know, say that you guys want to make my little quick comment man, keep up the work, keep up the good work, y'all color commentary. You guys do doing those games. You know, Isaiah and Kyle, you guys are just top quality, five star material.
Speaker 6: Man. I appreciate man, and I do.
Speaker 12: Want my companies about Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 12: I don't want to trash pile up on a guy, but you know the take he's been putting out all year long. It's just so disturbing you overrunning places like he's he said that those plays miss tackles. He's in the spot, the right place, the right john, not finishing the place one of itself out of play. Not see. What I'm talking about is what is the issue where he's getting those reps? Why isn't one of lead farm I've seen. I guess he know youth like you behind him. I don't know, but I just feel like if we can just solidify that that live back spot man, you know, finishing plays like you guys just said, you know, getting guys on the ground, man, diagnose the planes, keeping guys in the long distance, down the distance and third down. If we could just get that, man, I feel like we're gonna make a hell of a one. But you know, once again, thanks God taking my call. If you guys keep bringing the thunder, I'm gonna keep listening, man, Cowboys for life.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, sure, I appreciate you.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: What do you think like positive affirmations?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: Ye, a lot of them do that all the time.
Speaker 4: I think we hit on a lot of it earlier in the show. So I keep this one short. We don't truly know what they're but they're talking about in those mining rooms. We really just don't write, so.
Speaker 3: We don't know halfway what they're doing in practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't know what they're doing there.
Speaker 4: We don't know the capacity or where the other linebackers that he's competing with are at in their development and their understanding of what their collective assignments are. There's one there's one portion from a coaching standpoint, where you have to be comfortable and confident in your guy's ability to be able to understand what you're running scheme wise.
Speaker 5: That might be his advantage.
Speaker 4: Maybe the other guys aren't as far along in their understanding of the defense as a whole, but maybe their instincts are better, right, So maybe they're just swapped.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're there, They're they're they're there.
Speaker 4: They positive for Murray is that he probably understands the defense and maybe the other guys don't, right, But the positives for the other guys is that they probably have better instincts and better run fits.
Speaker 5: And maybe obviously Kenth Murray just is having a rough time with that.
Speaker 13: So if you can't get to the spot, if they don't read it, cred they have the ability, the athletic ability to run to that spoty exactly, And.
Speaker 4: I'm just throwing that out there right That may or may not be the case. But for me, if I were I don't coach linebackers, but if I were to coaching Kenneth Murray, regardless of how long he's been in the league, I would ask him to put in more time on film because sometimes your eyes can betray you, and that's why you have to spend so much time on film to assist you in that regard.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get to at least one more collar.
Speaker 2: This is one of our faves as well, part of the fan Molye hood he toush from the basement.
Speaker 3: See you're not blocked, hoodie.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: I noticed that. What's going on? What's going on Titans and this Cowboys space. I'm happy to be on with you guys as usual, and I'm saying I just want to throw some things out there. I'll make it quick. I don't think Ryan Floyd Moore is getting a much love or getting getting enough love, And I don't think Dak Prescott is getting enough love for what he actually had to do in that Detroit game. Yes, the two interceptions. They're problematic, but those two interceptions were not on him. I love the fact that Jentlen squirts through about four interceptions last night and had his uh shortcomings if you will, and uh yeah, I'm just I'm hoping that we can take advantage. If the Eagles continue to melt down like you know, Chernobyl, and we continue to ascend like the rockets that we are, then I think we'll be in a good spot. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna donald too long. Just want to say what's up to my boys? You know, the Titans in the space, and I'm always happy to be home with y'all.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the call. Patrick. How do you feel about Ryan Flanoy?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I don't know why y'all trying to Sitney swinging me over here?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: But rifleinoy day one, Flow rider flow high. Listen and listen closely, Isaiah standback. Who wants to draft a receiver in the first round? I shan't let you do it. I shan't, I say, because you got Ryan Flinoyd. And when you got Ryan Flinoy, dammit you a chance. Okay, seriously, man, all jumps aside, Ryan Flinoy, he's blossoming in year two. He's showing you that if push comes to shove, he can get you one hundred yards and some critical plays in important games. Just got to make sure that you're utilizing him correctly and putting him into the spots to succeed. But this is a guy who has refined his route running. He's an athletic freaks. He's yards after to catch, he's shedding tackles, he's physical with getting guys off of him, stiff arms running around him. He'll run through you. He'll high point the ball in the taket at its highest point. He's a violent guy at the line of scrimmage. So if you want to press him, do so at your own peril. Might not end well for you and the family that's watching you. Hoping you have a good day in that particular rip. So yeah, Ryan Flinoy, Yeah, kind of good at American football. Appreciate that.
Speaker 11: DM.
Speaker 2: That's it, Mic Drop, Mike Drop, Congratulations Patrick, well done, dude. You've been on the Ryan Flinoy high tops and he's been giving Flanoy his flowers since he was rafted.
Speaker 5: Seriously, thank you, highly, highly impressive eyes.
Speaker 2: The photos for those that are listening on our audio only or even that couldn't really see it.
Speaker 3: In terms of the boxes.
Speaker 2: We pushed all of our mics to Patrick in the middle of the phone call, and then I had to somehow get it back to Pat because he was on his phone halfway through the phone call, and I don't even know if he was asked.
Speaker 1: I was listening to you, did hear it? But I was also replying to our good friend Nicole Hutcheson. She was asking me about a programmed note for the next thing that's coming up.
Speaker 2: But the uh, we pushed all our mics over there, and the photos that are going to come out here in a little bit are really funny, so you'll enjoy that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: That does it for us here on talking cow. Well, we got the seven, got the seventh. If you want to count the one that dropped, we could say eight.
Speaker 5: We got to eight, all right, we got to eight.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 3: We took the call. He was just gone, so he.
Speaker 5: Just destroy the whole set, just pushed it all away.
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate for Patrick.
Speaker 2: No see Walker, Ash Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beaven the back join us tomorrow. We'll have Cowboys QB vision. So we take a look at the Minnesota scoutings. Yeah, it's time to scout the vikings tomorrow, who, of course took down the commanders who we need to win.
Speaker 3: Go commanders, baby, get it done, I guess. Please let's keep it going all right then, class, we'll see you tomorrow with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Just win, no class.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.