Speaker 1: You are now Angelo what I call her?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 3: All right, it's way up with Angela. Yee, what's good?
Speaker 4: Everybody is texting me right now while I'm trying to start the show. It's ridiculous, but yes, that's what happens when you are trying to juggle multiple things.
Speaker 3: But Happy Thursday.
Speaker 4: This is an exciting day for me because we have a legend joining us today. Debbie Morgan is going to be here. This is my first time meeting her. Love her dimples, by the way, every time I see her, I'm like, I need those dimples. But she is also starring in Beauty and Black and you know her from you know the soaps that we all used to watch as a kid. I mean all of that. So I'm excited that she's going to be joining us. And oh look here comes my guest host, be Dot.
Speaker 2: What's up? Be Dot? You got I walked from Queens Sorry, that's good.
Speaker 4: You walked over the bridge? Yeah, okay, we love to hear it. Walk into work.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing thing.
Speaker 3: I wish I could do that.
Speaker 2: You think I'm serious? Yes, I know you're not. You think I'm serious. You think I'm serious, Bob, serious? I haven't seen you since the landslide victory. Landslide victory.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why I forgot you were Trump supported.
Speaker 2: How do you forget about our dinner? All right? What dinner? Of course?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, anyway, let's get this show started with some love and some positivity. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Let's call up and shine a light. Yes, it is possible to sit next to somebody who doesn't have the same views that you do. I hope you've been watching all of the appointments too, and seeing all the things that are about to happen.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. You should be concerned. It's way up.
Speaker 5: Turn your lights on, y'all, spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 2: Light, shine the light on.
Speaker 5: It's time to shine.
Speaker 4: A light on them, all right, it's way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here, and of course my guy beat out his here with today Yes hosting, Yes, ma'am. And so I went to shine a light today on lenux calonic and detox clonics calonic. Yes, I got my first calonic yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And they came out of there and saw Kilani all over the news, you know, But I definitely got my first calonic yesterday, so shout out to them. It was quite comfortable. Really, No, I'm kidding, it was not. It was not comfortable, but it was a good thing that I did. Like I could feel the difference. It basically is like you sitting on the table feeling like you're pooping for an hour straight. But I feel a lot lighter, I feel cleaner. She was like, wow, there's a lot of brown sludge coming out.
Speaker 2: Of It's like me after eating Taco bell and it was.
Speaker 4: Right off to taco Tuesday, to taco Tuesday, Tuesday, and then yesterday I did my first ever calonic.
Speaker 2: Are you like supposed to fast before that? No, you're not. You don't have to.
Speaker 3: But shout out to Kiya.
Speaker 4: She was right outside the door once we got started the most awkward part. Maybe I'll talk about this in about last night.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: You know certain things I just don't normally do, so we'll talk about it. But anyway, who do you guys want to shine a light on? Eight hundred two one fifty tera, Who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 6: I want to shine a light on my granddaughter. Her name is Winter Roberts. She's ten years old, Detroit, Michian.
Speaker 4: Okay, she found indeed, now tell us why you're shining a light on your granddaughter?
Speaker 6: Oh right, because I love about business.
Speaker 4: Okay, she your first grandchild. Yes, and oh so she is super spoiled. Okay, oh yes, yes, all right, well thank you for calling.
Speaker 6: Thank you too, Michie.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that was shine a light and when we come back, we have your y e t and miss Pat sat down with Shannon Sharp and shared a lot of things that she went through.
Speaker 3: It was quite emotional. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: It's way up this saying the rooms from industry shade to all of gosp out send Angela's feeling that yet all right, his way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here beat outs here popping man. Listen, I'll tell you what's popping in yet. Odell Beckham, junior man. He took his ram salary in bitcoin. And this was back in twenty twenty one, and people thought he was stupid. They was talking crazy. You know how that happens online. But now when they see how bitcoin has hit the highs that it has, is that ninety two thousand he posted, So who said taking my ram salary and bitcoin was dumb again.
Speaker 2: That was a good idea, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, a lot of times investments are a long term thing and it is a lot of ups and downs, but everybody knows at some point, and especially with bitcoin, that's kind of like the standard when it comes to cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Would you have to take your salary to bitcoin?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I was that risque.
Speaker 4: I needed my money right now, right here, because a lot of people also sold.
Speaker 3: They saw it hit some lows.
Speaker 4: I actually have some bitcoin in my in my cash app, just to monitor. It's not a lot, but I just like to monitor how it's going. So I put some money in bitcoin just to see what's happening so I can understand it.
Speaker 2: This way, it's not that much.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I can.
Speaker 4: Get you lunch, all right, and now let's get into Shannon Sharp. He did have pat On and they talked about a lot of different things, as they always do on Shanish on Club Shay Shape, and one thing that she talked about was Cat Williams. We always heard these amazing stories about Cat Williams, and now he does says positive things for people out of the kindness of his hearts.
Speaker 3: Well, she said that he actually, without really knowing.
Speaker 4: Her ahead of time, has to go on tour and then ended up paying for her dad's funeral.
Speaker 2: Wow, my daddy passed on a Monday.
Speaker 7: That two Wednesday, I got a call to come go on tour with Cat Williams, like get to the city.
Speaker 8: We all in a room.
Speaker 7: Cat come in and he introduced itself when we talking, and.
Speaker 8: He overheard me on the phone and I'm trying to.
Speaker 7: Get my brothers and sister that my daddy just died. He said, what you're doing, I say, my daddy died. I said, I'm just trying to do his funeral.
Speaker 5: Do you mind?
Speaker 7: He went behind a dope and came back with a stack of money. He said, go bury your daddy and come back. And I tried to pay it back. He said, you don't owe me nothing.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, man.
Speaker 4: Do you know how crazy it is to have to pay for funerals? Are so expressive? First of us, you are already dealing with law us, but then having to worry about the financial aspect of it.
Speaker 2: It's expensive. Just throw me in a ditch man.
Speaker 3: You listen, we have it here.
Speaker 1: Benevolent God for persons. He has mad children. He always gives out money to people.
Speaker 4: That's really you know what, and it comes back to him. That's I always say. Whenever you end up doing that, it comes back to you. Another person she talked about who looked out for her was Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: Here's what you have to say.
Speaker 7: I hear a lot of things about Joe. People say he's racist, and I said, no, that's not the Joe. I know he's nice. If I ever need something, I can pick up the phone and call him. I can ask Joe to tweet out a show or help me with a show before I can ask some black comedian.
Speaker 3: And that's bad to say.
Speaker 7: When the pandemic hit, two people called me and asked me was I gonna make it through the pandemic? And one on them was Joe Rogan and the other one was Burd Christian. I said, I'm gonna be okay. I'm good now. One black comedian called me and asked me, are you gonna be okay?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good white man.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: And I was say this, he could have been good to her, and I don't know what he's like outside of that, you know, So that's nice to hear that story, I will say, in real life, there's people that could be amazing to other people and not good to you. We all have our own interactions and stories with people. Or you might feel like I love this person, somebody else might be like I can't stand this person. Or maybe I'm like this person was awful and horrible to me, but he's great to you.
Speaker 3: So who's to say?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: And Doci stopped by her school where she went to her high school in Tampa, Howard W.
Speaker 2: Blake High School.
Speaker 4: She said, I couldn't perform in my hometown without going back to where it all started. I remember showing up to audition for the chorus program with no training and no ability to read or compose music. I remember my chorus teacher asked me if I came with sheet music, and then she got accepted into this program.
Speaker 2: And here is how they greeted her work.
Speaker 7: Now, so when you get to my age, maybe smooth sale. I remember being blogging in the same always when I was in the ninth grade, and document in my church and recording on garage, and all of those things paid off because I was invested in the free resources that were given to me.
Speaker 5: So I encourage you guys.
Speaker 7: Take advantage of these moments because it won't happen again.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got to speak to the kids.
Speaker 4: To the kids, it's nice when somebody famous went to your school and then they actually come out.
Speaker 1: I saw that clip circulating online with you and Sisson went to the same high school.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about that because Sissa loves Columbia High School. Shout out to Maplewood, New Jersey. They were listing all the people that ended up going there public school in New Jersey. Laurence Hill, Yeah, Lauren Hills wrote, Timmy went there. Yeah, a lot of people went to that school. Jennifer Williams and basketball wives.
Speaker 2: It was like Sweet Valley High.
Speaker 4: All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have about last night, and I'll tell you what I did yesterday. For the verses, I popped a cherry guys a different one way.
Speaker 5: So about last night, Yes, I went down.
Speaker 3: Oh it's way up with Angela.
Speaker 2: Yee, I'm here.
Speaker 3: My guy beat out his hair with me.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I know, that's right. What you do yesterday?
Speaker 2: I ain't too much, man.
Speaker 1: I had some leftover Palma John Salmon that I made, and I oh.
Speaker 3: You made it.
Speaker 2: I made it okay, and I pirate streamed Penguin. Oh, yeah, when does that come out? It's out now? Hbox? Oh I have that? Okay, your account so I could watch it?
Speaker 4: No, not if you can already hack it. Well, yesterday I went and got a Calonic for the first time.
Speaker 2: Hoopy situation.
Speaker 4: Lennox Klonic in detaps so Destiny who braids my hair?
Speaker 2: Here with mother? She on Instagram.
Speaker 4: She was like, Angela, I've been going to get these Klonics and it's so good and you need to try it. I'm gonna set up it appointment for you. That's all you have to say to me. I'll set up the appointment because I'm that type of person like once I commit to something, I'll go.
Speaker 3: And so she set up the appointment.
Speaker 2: I showed up. I was very nervous, of course.
Speaker 4: I mean, somebody called in here the other day when I was talking about was going to do it, and she told me she lost her memory when she she was dehydrated though, because they do tell you got to drink a lot of water. But anyway, it is definitely not a comfortable situation for me because I'm not used to they put a tube in your rectum.
Speaker 2: Whoa, but it's really really small.
Speaker 4: It's like a little tiny plastic straw kind of if this is no other way for me to.
Speaker 2: Describe it, I'm trying to be mature about this, okay.
Speaker 3: And then you have to put it like three inches in.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And that was hard for me because I don't normally do that.
Speaker 2: Is this lip service, So.
Speaker 3: I had to call her back in the room.
Speaker 4: I almost like, yeah, this isn't going.
Speaker 3: It was like, put your legs here open.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, So anyway, then you end up laying on the table and so what it is, I just did water. So they just like kind of shoot water in you and it loosens up your intestines everything that's in there, and so then everything just starts coming out. It kind of like pressure water pressure. But it does make you cramp so at first, and this is embarrassing. At first, it's like you fart a lot because all the gas comes everything's going right down. But then after that it's like a lot of sludge, you know, that comes out and it really feels like you're just like going to the bathroom for I did it for an hour but like she tried to turn the water pressure up. I was like, nope, nope, nope, turn it back down because it makes you cramp, Like it kind of gives you cramps. So you could feel it like as it's it's loosening everything up in your stomach. And the more the water pressure is, the more cramping you get.
Speaker 2: Is just before after you had tacos.
Speaker 4: This is a day after after Taco Tuesday, So yeah, some of them tacos definitely came out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that was the experience.
Speaker 4: You definitely feel lighter afterward, and you also feel like what was in me because some of that stuff has been inside your intestines for who knows how long, and so it just was quite an experience.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, all right, I will gladly.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that happened is, you know Beauty and Black, all right, we have one of We had one of the stars of Beauty and Black on lip Service, Julian Horton. He plays a character of Roy if you've seen it, and he was talking about things that he had to do to make money, because that's another.
Speaker 2: Thing I was thinking about.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is a real like people are like I'm going to just pump poop out of people for a living. It's a real skill. But what are some things you've had to do? He had to humble himself to make some money.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I'm doing?
Speaker 9: Last year at this time, I'll drive an uberg. I was up because we are on strike and.
Speaker 5: We didn't work.
Speaker 9: We didn't work for seven months, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, damn, I do I do?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 2: Right? Now?
Speaker 3: What is something that you have to do?
Speaker 4: And then he ended up stirring in the number one series on Netflix. A lot of change in the year Beauty and Black. What are some things that you've had to do, maybe to take some steps forward, some step backwards to get forward. We want to hear your stories eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty somethings you had to humble yourself to do. Maybe you felt like, oh, I don't want to have to do X, Y and Z, but you got to make money, got to keep the lights on. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. What are your stories about humbling yourself to make some money?
Speaker 3: It's way up good.
Speaker 7: You are a media maven, right, you never know what AND's gonna say?
Speaker 3: All right his way up with angela.
Speaker 4: Ye, I'm here, beat out, here beats right, that's right. And we are talking about having to humble yourself to make some money. Sometimes we're up, sometimes we're down. But are you willing to do whatever you need to do to get to the cash because you got bills to pay?
Speaker 2: What about you? Beat up? You have no pride in humbling myself. I'm here on I you.
Speaker 4: Know, listen, this is the highlight of your life.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: Because Julian Horton was on lip Service and here is what he had to say. He's the star of Beauty and Black. He plays Roy you know what I'm doing.
Speaker 9: Last year at the time I was driving Uberg. I was up because we all strike and we didn't work. We didn't work for seven months. So I'm like, damn I do I'm.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: And you can watch that interview on my YouTube channel. Also you can listen to it on the iHeartRadio app lip Service. But for my stuff, I think really it was in college after that a lot of what I did had to revolve around like I was writing bios for artists, I was doing events. I was doing a lot of like consulting stuff. But when I was in college, I did work at the supermarket on campus, which is why I like to bag my own groceries to this day, because I was great at bagging groceries.
Speaker 2: I had a supermarket on campus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had like a little store, so if you needed to get like groceries and stuff like that, you could do that.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, it's kind of like a bodega.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, Brianna, have you ever had to humble yourself to make money?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, during a pandemic. I was trying to pay for my degree, so I put the only fans for out?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 4: What was on your only fans?
Speaker 2: Know?
Speaker 10: Not too much?
Speaker 2: This? Did you graduate? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I graduated with a year.
Speaker 4: See I like that only fans with a purpose. How much did you make on OnlyFans.
Speaker 6: The first few marks about it?
Speaker 11: Just six seven thousands?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right, that's a great girl.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you Rihanna for calling and congrats on your degree.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey k Michigan, Hey, No, how you doing good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm hanging in there and no complaints over here?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: But what did you have to do strange to make some change?
Speaker 6: Man? Me and my brother back in ninety like the early nineties, ninety one, ninety two, we had to drop out of school to go tell drugs to make money, to get clothes and shoes and stuff, just go to school.
Speaker 4: So wow, that's wild, that's scary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was typed back in the early nineties. So my mother was a single mother. We had a lot of younger brothers and sisters. You don't want to ask mom. She didn't have the money. Daddy had the money. Wasn't nothing to do but sell some drugs.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 6: Decurate ended so quick though, it only lasted for maybe like a year or so, and I ended up going to jail.
Speaker 2: My brother ended up going to jail.
Speaker 6: But we ended up, you know, getting off that track real quick. But it was an option. And you like you stayed in the spot like crackbox for like thirty days straight. This like a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a rap song.
Speaker 4: This is awful. What city were you in in?
Speaker 6: Detroyed, Michigan.
Speaker 3: See they BMF.
Speaker 2: That's great here we might have worked for I was gonna say, I know you watched.
Speaker 3: BMF, Yes, ma'am man, Well, I am.
Speaker 4: So glad that you turned your lives around, because that could have ended awful.
Speaker 6: Man, we got raided it on TV. They didn't find any drugs, thank god that the drug house so messed up and junky through the drugs in the room and didn't find anything. But it was in there with dogs and it was just great. We gotta make a movie about there. We gonna have to add that for the BMF human fire.
Speaker 2: He was running with the Chambers brothers or something.
Speaker 6: Man, I would a dude named cowboys.
Speaker 4: Ie in sixteen and having all of that, like, you know, to have to deal with the type of trauma that comes after that, that's wild. Well, I'm glad that you're here to tell your story, and I'm sure you learned a lot from you too.
Speaker 6: Yes we did, Yes, we did.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing with us. I see, people don't understand circumstances. You know, he was a kid, had to take care of the family, single mom, younger brothers and sisters. You know, people get put in these situations and do what they have to do, so correct.
Speaker 2: To the kids. That's just the way that all right.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you guys for calling, and you can still leave a message. Eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty for last word, we're talking about humbling yourself to make some money.
Speaker 3: And when we come back, we have your yee tea.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Tina Davis, Chris Brown's former manager. She talks about what parents were doing at that time and endangering their kids.
Speaker 5: It's way up, yo, She's about to blow the lid ab off this.
Speaker 2: But let's get it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Angela's feeling that yee tea. Come and get the tea.
Speaker 3: All right, it's way up with Angela.
Speaker 2: Yee, I'm here.
Speaker 4: My gott beat out to you. Let's get into some yea tea. Let's start up with Tina Davis. If you know Tina David, is you know she used to manage Chris Brown early on in his career. She's really the one that got him to the point where he was known by everybody. She also used to be the head of A and R at deaf GM and she also currently works at Empire.
Speaker 3: She's the president of Empire.
Speaker 4: She got that position in the summer of twenty twenty three after five years.
Speaker 3: Yes and so an.
Speaker 4: Empire, by the way, works with artists like Shaboozi, who's one of the Biggest Stars of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, she is talking about.
Speaker 4: What it was like with Chris Brown before the Rihanna incident, right, and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 12: It was hard to try and get him over that hump or get people to change their minds because before it happened, everyone loved him. Parents were dropping their kids off at hotels like go get Chris Brown, go get him. And I'm like, if you don't put your daughter back in your car. Fortunately him, his mom and all of us we were not down with that. We were like, no, take your child and leave, go get him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, she said that because he was a kid. It was like parents are like, I want you to marry this kid. Like n that's wild that parents would be on it like that. But yeah, So she did this interview where she's basically uh on Nando leaks And this all comes after, you know, they had this whole documentary about Chris Brown that came out. I haven't heard much about it since there was a lot of uproar of Chris Brown fans like I'm not watching this, and then after that, I guess they really didn't. All Right, now, let's talk about Meek Mill and Diddy. You know a lot of people were saying rumors about Meek Mill and Diddy and what type of relationship that they had. Well, Meek Mill is clearly distancing himself from his former friend.
Speaker 2: Here's what he said, Wow, the meek inherent the slur.
Speaker 3: What Well, and Justin Combs did not like that, by the way.
Speaker 4: He posted under that smh and then he put emoji with you know, a face palm. I know, you know, he probably is annoyed by all the people having things to say, but maybe don't say anything because you really were really tight with somebody. Yeah, all right. Now, Martin Lawrence has some big news. He has announced on the Jennifer Hudson Show that he is going to be teaming up with somebody who is also iconic for a movie.
Speaker 3: Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 2: Eddie's working on something he told me about.
Speaker 6: I don't know the name of it right now, but a mad Mad World or something we might do.
Speaker 2: But there's something we're working on, something that's exciting.
Speaker 3: Exit Did you watch Bad Boys for.
Speaker 2: I didn't, but it's good. It's hard for me to watch it.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to watch Martin Lawrence now because I think we still see him the way we see him on the show, in the sitcom, and being that it's still relevant after thirty years, we're expected to see that version of him.
Speaker 2: So will we do it thirty years later?
Speaker 4: You should be celebrating the fact that he's still out here getting his money.
Speaker 2: I know he's still doing his thing, but it's just hard to.
Speaker 4: Watch and bad boys for it. But he was really good in that only watched this one should be good.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about little Baby.
Speaker 4: He has a new song called five Am and by the way, putting out two new songs right as well, and he posted on social media, Ain't it crazy how they trying to play me like I ain't the one. It's that time, I would say again, but this run will be totally different. I had the darkest period of my life these last two years, but I stayed down and overcame that ish. Now I'm back to f and ish up as usual. Sincerely, Wham, who hard is me? Let's go?
Speaker 2: And here is five Am?
Speaker 5: I know it survival and dollars.
Speaker 2: I confront the hood.
Speaker 4: I might have to listen to the car, right, he said, two songs, two videos tomorrow as in today, and then he said album on the way, so five am is out now.
Speaker 1: When I had a little conversation about a little baby man, what took a dip?
Speaker 2: He took a dip, he fell off a little bit.
Speaker 3: It happened. It happens, It happens.
Speaker 4: And he said he had two really difficult years, so maybe he was going through a lot.
Speaker 3: We don't know what people have to deal with.
Speaker 2: We had a few difficult songs to listen to it all.
Speaker 4: Right, Well that is your yeete when we come back under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar, but we want to make sure you know about them.
Speaker 2: Beat out. How long do you sit on the toilet until my phone dies?
Speaker 4: All right, well you shouldn't be on there for more than ten minutes. We'll tell you why. It's way up this in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar. It's way up with Angela yee, I'm here, beat out here, it's beat out, yop. You know, I got my colonic. I feel bad that I just ate some pretzels. Ah man, But there's a report now that if you sit on the toilet for more than ten minutes, that could be dangerous.
Speaker 3: Why how long do you spend on the toilet beat out?
Speaker 2: Like I said, until my phone goes read.
Speaker 4: What if it's completely charged? Are you staying there for hours?
Speaker 2: You start reading things like magazines in the back of labels. You can't do that outside of the toilet, for mean, why not?
Speaker 4: Well, according to doctors, you should spend an average of five to ten minutes on the toilet. If you stay longer, gravity keeps us grounded on Earth. But they're saying gravity also forces the body to work hard upon blood back up to the heart. So the open, oval shaped toilet seat compresses your buttocks, which keeps your erectum in a lower position than if you were sitting on the couch right. So, with gravity pulling the lower half of the body down, the increased pressure affects your blood circulation, and they said it becomes a one way value where blood enters, but blood really can't go back.
Speaker 3: Then the veins and blood vessels.
Speaker 4: Surrounding your anus and lower rectum getting large and engorged with blood, and that increases the risk of hemorrhoids.
Speaker 3: Have you had.
Speaker 2: Hemorrhois a hemorrhoid. No, all right, we diaper at this point.
Speaker 4: No, how about just go for five to ten minutes. I mean that seems like the logical solution.
Speaker 2: But they said they.
Speaker 4: Are seeing an increase in people passing more time on the toilet and that is very unhealthy for those particular organs down there and for the pelvic floor. So just letting you guys know, if you're spending all this time on the toilet, maybe you want to not.
Speaker 2: Do that. Okay, in and out, Thanks for the tip.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that is your under the radar.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Debbie Morgan is going to be joining us. She is a legend. She'll be here. She's also starring in Beauty and Black.
Speaker 2: That's the lady with the temples.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has the big dimples.
Speaker 4: You saw her on Power also playing Tasha's mom, the grandmother.
Speaker 3: So she'll be joining us.
Speaker 4: And she was also in Divorcing the Black Too, right, So that was her first Talliperri movie, and then she ended up doing the series I know from the soap operas, Yes you Do. She was a part of a black couple. Angie was her name.
Speaker 2: Ah, there you go, all right. So she'll be.
Speaker 3: Joining us, so exciting. It's way up.
Speaker 4: She's like the tut like they, Angelie Jean like they, and Jelie Jeane.
Speaker 5: Man, She's spilling it all.
Speaker 4: This is yet way up, all right, it's way up with Angela Yee, I'm here beat outs here. That's right, all right, And let's talk about Sizza. She is on the cover of British Vogue. It's a nice in depth article about everything that she had going on as she's getting ready for a festival out there to.
Speaker 3: Kendrick le Marian if you were no, he didn't, No, he did not.
Speaker 4: But she talks about a lot of different things, including you know what it was like for her in high school, her severe anxiety that she has. She also had chipped her tooth on the microphone, so she had issues with the interviewer looking her right in her face. But Punch is actually there and he says that Scissor suffers from severe anxiety. He said, when you do a festival, it's so much shared space, different crews, different teams, you don't know who's who. On her own tour, she'll come out mingle and talk to everybody. She'll usually pull fans back with a festival. She'll usually get off stage and go straight to the hotel, and then she talks about different things, like her BBL. She said, I'm so mad I did that ISH. And she said somewhere around the start of twenty twenty two, she had been going to the gym rapidly developing muscle, but her butt was slower to grow.
Speaker 3: After she had the procedures.
Speaker 4: She said, I gained all this weight from being a mobile while recovering and trying to preserve the fat. It was just so stupid. But who gives it. F you get a BBL, you realize you don't need the ISH. It doesn't matter. I'll do a whole bunch of more ISH just like it if I want to. Before I'm fing dead. Because this body temporary. It just wasn't super necessary. I have other issues I need to work on about myself.
Speaker 2: I'm pro BBL as long as it looks good, not the botched.
Speaker 1: Ones bbah be that you know, do whatever makes you feel better.
Speaker 4: I just think if you do it, make sure you go to somebody who knows what they're doing.
Speaker 2: They don't do it in a Brooklyn basement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and don't like travel to someplace where they have different regulations and then they're doing you know, too much or yeah, that's that's all I have to say about that. All right now, ray J is apologizing to Pastor Jamal Bryant. If you recall, I guess they did a sit down interview and ray J does not want this interview to see the light of day. Originally he said this to Pastor Bryant.
Speaker 13: I nothing beloved for Pastor Bryant, but if y'all play that interview, somebody getting snatched off the poor pit. Me and Pastor Brian need to talk because the way I was, what treated was dirty and illegal. I'm telling you right now, we need to work it out. If we don't, that's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 4: What did he say, listen, I don't know what he said on there, but Jamal Brian had also responded to this and said, I love my brother unconditionally. I stand on my agreed promise grace and peace to you all. And I guess he had one of these private agreements to not be in the public eye, but he said, I refuse to be embroiled in a battle that demeans our community and all that I stand for. Well, ray J has since taken back to social media to say this.
Speaker 5: I want to apologize to J Brian. It's not okay.
Speaker 13: People go through stuff, and I was very angry because I'm scared that some of the stuff I said could affect me legally and stuff like that. So I just lost it and I shouldn't say words like that.
Speaker 5: If you would have.
Speaker 13: Me at your church, I would love to come through and pray with you in person, pray with you with.
Speaker 5: The whole church. I apologize to the whole new birth.
Speaker 3: Wow, how forgiving are you in the situation?
Speaker 1: Very first of him, he must have said something I might have lose his religion, man, Like, what did you say?
Speaker 4: Well, he said legally, So I'm sure you know he's going through certain things and battles that. I guess he just doesn't want to publicly get out there because it could hurt.
Speaker 2: Him apart from me. You work of iniquity, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Speaking of lawsuits and things like that. The lawyer who is representing alleged victims for Diddy against Diddy is now I guessing that if you were there at these freak offs, okay, and you witness things, you are just as guilty he is on this documentary that TMZ has done Diddy Inside the Freak Offs, and we all know Tony Buzby's representing over one hundred and twenty of these alleged victims.
Speaker 3: And here's what he had to say.
Speaker 14: In my view, if you were there and you knew somebody was being drugged, and you didn't do anything, and you allowed it to happen, you are just as liable as the individual who shipped the person in, who paid the persons that were there, who bought the drugs, who put the drugs in a little shot, and participated in misagregious condent.
Speaker 2: You're just as guilty. I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna say why I disagree with that, because we talk about people feeling like their lives were in danger if they said anything, even the victims. Right, So if you're there and this happens, and you feel like if I say something, just like everybody else, I could end up getting repercussions. I could end up getting attacked. I couldn't that, Yeah, with my livelihood. If you're not participating, maybe you say you like, I got to just act like I never saw this, because I'm not trying to ruin my life where people around me. And so if we're saying that, then you can't turn around and say those people were also they might also be victims in that case man, you know, and that's probably why some people are also like, look, I was there when it happened. Some people might want to come forward as victims because they also don't want to be considered to be ones who are plaintiffs in this situation.
Speaker 2: Almost to look like an accomplice.
Speaker 4: I mean, they don't want to be having a defendant. Sel was a defendant, all right, well, he said, He's already sent demand letters to some of these people celebrities, politicians, and business people who are in the cross. HEAs essentially saying, pay up or you will face a very public, reputationally damaging lawsuit man, because what if you were there, something happened in front of you, and you're like, I'm not trying to get killed myself or getting my car blown up? All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have asked Yee eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty as a number, call us up any question you have. Me and Beata are here to help, and let's listen to some of our girls, Saiza, who is definitely one of the biggest stars. This whole article talks about how she even got discovered and signed as a way out its sense, whether.
Speaker 5: It's relationship for career advice, Angela's dropping facts should know this is ask.
Speaker 2: Ye what's up? His way up?
Speaker 4: But Angela yee and it's time for ask yee with Beatot. Yes, this person called them specifically because you're here today.
Speaker 2: We have really King on the line. Hey King, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 8: King?
Speaker 4: It's me and beat Odd and you know he comes from this music world as well.
Speaker 3: So what's your question for ask Ye?
Speaker 10: I'm just coming home from prison, you know what I'm saying as a song producer, underground, like not bubbled like everybody else. What route would I take?
Speaker 2: So you called?
Speaker 3: So you're a producer, So like where are you making your beats? What are you using? What networks do you have?
Speaker 10: I was on United Master, Okay, I got signed to the NBA for a beat one beat forever perpetuity. So once I took that and I got onto that, I mean I got locked up right after that, So I never really relished in that, you know, like I got locked up. I'm just coming home. You know, I don't know, I don't know what route to shake. I'm just reaching out to the avenues that I was in before.
Speaker 3: Right, what did you go to, Jeff were a gun?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the first thing you need to do is get the right equipment you know, oh yeah cool, and just start creating.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of studios like look engine Room, the studio where I do my podcast out of, they do have a lot of programs for producers and things like that. People are always needing beats, and artists are always trying to also link up a people who aren't necessarily well known producers yet because you know, that way they're not paying a ton of money or having to do like crazy splits for songs. So I think that if you can get with some of these like studio managers, even like managers who are always looking to set up meetings for people to get beats, things like that.
Speaker 3: Presentation is a big deal.
Speaker 1: Where you located right now in the I think it's also important to go to like showcases and shows like at solbs or all the venues because artists, I think are more receptive to taking a beat CD than an actual rap CD.
Speaker 4: And they do have different sites like YouTube and what's the other one, beat stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure you have your product.
Speaker 4: They also make sure your stuff is protected so nobody steals your beats.
Speaker 10: No I am though, I'm covered.
Speaker 4: By that and beat outs, right, you got to be out there and meet people. It could be that one person you meet that just tanges your life. We were just talking about Sizza and how she got discovered and she was with her friend, you know, and her friend was listening to her beats and played it for punch, the music for Punch, and that how she ended up getting discovered. You got to be in these rooms to make it happen. You can't just be at home. You have to always be working, always making content if it means that. And listen, we talked earlier about humbling yourself to get in the right position. Sometimes in my mean, I'll go work at the studio and get an hourly you know wage, just to be in the right places and to have access to using the studio.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, I'm not scared of actually doing the hours of putting the work in.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, good, well keep that mentality, get out there, make those connections. See what studios might have some openings. See if there's ways you can set up meetings with people. You just got to be places where those people are who you need to connect with.
Speaker 10: All right, thank you, thank you so much. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 4: And sometimes people don't even know you do beats. Think about how like four or two Doug. You know, you'll be around people and doing other stuff and making yourself useful and then it's like, oh, you know, I do happen to do beats, and they're like what yep.
Speaker 3: Once people just like having you around.
Speaker 1: If there's a rapper that I want to get a beat, who I'm stalking and I'm getting.
Speaker 3: To we know be that senior work no be that will introduce you to Jay Z.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: All right, well that was ask ye eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty call us up.
Speaker 3: You can still leave a message. Will answer your question that way.
Speaker 4: And when we come back, we have Debbie Morgan joining us. She is definitely a legend and you can watch her in Beauty in Black, that's the new number one series on Netflix by Tyler Perry.
Speaker 3: But we're going to be talking to her it's way up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's hey?
Speaker 2: You don't want to know my name?
Speaker 5: Way up with Angela ye turn me on.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Is way up with Angela yee? And we have a true legend here with us. Debbie Morgan is here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Way Up.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you. It's good to be here.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate you for coming here because you do have the number one show on Netflix right now, Beauty and Black, and I am on the edge of my seat for part two to come out next year.
Speaker 8: It is such a bingeable show.
Speaker 4: You know what I think is fascinating for you your memoir Monkey My Back, and I know you turn that into a one woman's show as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do it around the country.
Speaker 3: You know, for you to be.
Speaker 4: So transparent about your life and being able to help other people, because a lot of times we look at relationships and we're like, why is this person staying with that person? If that was me, I want to did X, Y and Z, and we don't know what people go through. And the fact that you were able to help, I'm sure a lot of women were.
Speaker 2: Able to relate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had at that memory come up to me after I've had women come up to me with like tears in their eyes seeing Oh my god, it was like you were talking directly to me, and I remember, I'll never forget this. One woman came up to me. She had two daughters. They're nine years old and almost all of their lives they've been watching their father's beat me. And she said, after listening to you tonight, I don't care what it takes. I'm not keeping them in that house one more day. And when I got chills. Yeah, you bring that.
Speaker 3: I mean that's like saving a life.
Speaker 4: And also, kids, like we say, they do watch what's happening in You saw and witnessed a lot your mom did too, So to be able to just in a way explain to people and have them read that and see what you went through, because sometimes people don't look at like Debbie Morgan as a human being, as somebody who has gone through things. You'll just be like, she must have this perfect life. You know, everything's been amazing. You've been in this business for so long successfully, You've laid down the groundwork for so many people to come after you. But they don't understand maybe where that drive comes from too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been a journey and I think when I was really really young, and I didn't know it was about being an actress. I was too young, but I always went to Catholic school, and when I was about maybe nine or ten years old, I would come home from school and I would put these towels around my head and rosary beads on, you know, trying to act like I was one of the nuns. But that was my beginning of wanting to act out is character that I saw. And it was also my way of kind of like putting things away, you know, and not going into such a deep depression, you know, from what I was going through, and because I started acting really young and doing a lot of plays, and it was like my outlet. I also remember too, when I was really young, I used to always pray, God, please just let my father die, just let him die. And when he died at thirty two years old, that has such a weight on me for years because I didn't understand that that was his time. I was like, oh, my God, my God has answered my prayers. And am I responsible for that? And to this day, I always feel I wonder what it would be like if my father was still alive and I could sit and have the conversation with him and find out the why what were you always doing? Daddy? You know that made to you know, become this kind of monster holmoment. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I do want to say that I appreciate it for anybody who hasn't had a chance to read that memoir. Definitely they shared and I know it must have meant a lot to you for you to eat and turn it into a one woman show and go around and do that, because that's such a departure from what you have been doing up until that point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, And like you said, I've had so many people come up to me and say when I look at you and they've seen, you know, the projects that you have, Dada would never have thought that those would have been your experiences in line.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Debbie Morgan is here.
Speaker 4: She is starring in Beauty and Black. That's a Tyler Perry series on Netflix, the number one series. And when we come back, we'll talk about what it was like working with Tyler Perry that was so different for her.
Speaker 2: It's way uptos the.
Speaker 6: Famous women in radiodio and we're talking about Angela ye.
Speaker 5: You're way up with Angela Yee. Please believe that what's up.
Speaker 4: His way up with Angela Yee and Debbie Morgan is here. She is truly an icon and she's also starring in Beauty and Black on Netflix, a Tyler Perry series. So, Debbie, what was your experience like working with Taler Perry.
Speaker 8: Tyler has such a way of unifying the cash in such a special way, which I felt had a real bearing on the chemistry and authenticity as our characters engaged with each other. But when he invited us to his home for like a meet and greet. When we got to his home toward the end of the evening, he said, I'm gonna take you guys upstairs to the top floor. I want to show you something. So there's this wide, long, winding staircase going around and up around, looked like it was going up to the heavens. And by the time I got I think I'm in pretty good shape. Well by the time I got to the second land, and I said, Tyler, what is the elevator? So we get up to the top floor. We're walking down this long, massive hallway and we get to these double doors and Tyler opens her doors and there is this chapel with about ten pews, this beautiful altar with flowers, flowers all around the room. We sat and it was like this hush silence. It just felt like so sacred, and then Tyler began to say this beautiful, loving prayer for it, not just for the success of the show, but for the success and happiness of each one of us that were coming together for this journey. It's like thing I've ever experienced before. Was sitting in that chapel that evening. It was like not a dry eye in the chapel, and it created this almost instant family dynamic for us.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing. And imagine having a chapel in your house too, By.
Speaker 8: The way, I've never seen anything like that before, and it was just that was such a special evening that first night we all met.
Speaker 4: Right now, I am talking to Debbie Morgan, you know her initially as Auntie and all my children, but now she is starring in Beauty and Black. I've only heard positive things about people who've worked with Tyler Perry as far as how much they've gotten paid, how he tweats not just his cast but also people who work on the set, and how nobody is disrespectful to anybody just kind of setting the tone right, So.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you some lesson. Nobody but ever talk about Tyler to me, because when my manager called me and he said, Debbie, he said, Tyler's just offered you this part. And he said, there's no negotiating. I said, hervas no negotiating. What do you mean? He said, well, this is the offer. I said what I said, can you say that there?
Speaker 2: So I said, of course.
Speaker 8: That will be no negotiation negotiated. And so we do the movie. And after the movie he calls me and he said, Debbie, he said, I ask my people to pay you X amount of dollars. Did they do that? And I said, yes, Tyler, and I am so grateful. And he said, you were so wonderful in this movie. I'm going to offer you this on top of it. I swear to got almost fainted.
Speaker 3: No one does that hours.
Speaker 8: I get you. I've been I've been doing this for almost four decades, and I have never had anybody why it's incredible. I said, I want to work for Tyler for the rest of my career.
Speaker 2: And that's how and look at that's.
Speaker 4: How you deserve to be treated honestly like and I know for him just even having you and his movies. Just as it's a gift for you to work with him, it is a gift for him to work with you also, you know, just the respect that you get, like it's an honor for you to be here.
Speaker 8: Thank you think it's been an honor to be here.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, when is the new when it's part two coming out?
Speaker 8: I know it's not coming out until next spring. I don't think Netflix is given.
Speaker 2: We don't have time to wait for that.
Speaker 8: I know that's what everybody is saying. But that's good because you know people will be waiting to see what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to see you go in there and get it.
Speaker 8: Thank you well, Thank.
Speaker 4: You again so much to Debbie Morgan. You can watch that full interview and its entire day on my YouTube channel Way Up with Ye And when we come back, you guys have the last word.
Speaker 5: Take up the phone to get your voice heard. What the word is is the last word on Way Up with Angela?
Speaker 2: Ye? What's up?
Speaker 6: His?
Speaker 2: Way Up with Angela?
Speaker 5: Yee?
Speaker 3: And Beata I thank you.
Speaker 2: So much for joining us. I just got here.
Speaker 4: You just got here, You got your two chains on you know what I'm saying. You gave some great advice on ask ye best king, make sure you hit up beat up all right, he makes beats. You never know, you never know, you never know what could potentially happen. And then of course I was excited today because Morgan was in the building. You can watch a Beauty in Black, the number one series on Netflix right now. But she herself is just amazing, and I was talking a lot about her book. You know, she put out a book like ten years ago, monkey on my back and talking about her really, you know, just a cycle of abuse generationally in her family. And when I tell you you're going to read it, it's like the things that she had to witness, her mom had to witness horrific, so her grandmother went through.
Speaker 3: But it's definitely helped out a lot of women.
Speaker 4: But again, Beauty and Black is out right now, and of course this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 6: Hey, I had to.
Speaker 11: Drive lyft uber gift card non emergency medical transportation after leaving a nine to five job. But it gave me some peace of mind so I'm able to finish up my book, so you know, it worked out. It was scary but you know, just leaving a good playing nine to five job hand Virginia Beach, just.
Speaker 6: To write my book.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 11: It's called Once upon a Time in the projects about mental health.
Speaker 2: Hey, Anthony Yee, want to shine the light on my son.
Speaker 10: Today is his birthday, his twenty fifth birthday. His name is Sabian Gomez from the.
Speaker 6: South Side of Chicago.
Speaker 7: And also I want to congratulate my baby girl, Scheffrake's or.
Speaker 6: Her new baby girl Ashley, and I love you.
Speaker 2: It's some time.
Speaker 5: I'm about the turb you tapped in and way up with angela Ye, no wanding now ow