Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 2: Nike stock fell after the company projected a larger sales decline than expected for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: What are you in sites on this situation? And is now the time to load the vote?
Speaker 2: I think there are forty or fifty other companies that are better than Nike. Kudos to executive management there. I appreciate you. They have to stop reblocking the same Jordan's and dunks. People are tired of buying them. Fix it crocs on your ass? Y'all did know what? So let heat y'all need to see y'all need to go make things right with Kanye, don See and Kyrie. Y'all want to just push your everybody to the side. Okay, cool, And it worked when we had a keyword night, zero interest rate, environment and no desire or desire for them re rocked paying did y'all keep putting out? So now you need more creators with a certain hue to bring audience. And you guys also have a profit margin issue, like he was saying, My two biggest things in twenty all state automation like emails don't matter investing for the long term. And then you have to be in the luxury goods market. So now you have Crocs, you have lemon that are on your ass, Adidas cool, you have a whole bunch of now And then you have the biggest competitor of Nike as not Adidas as lvmh If I have to pick between wearing certain goods, will I look better in the luxury good or everyone on earth is your competition. And because you didn't maybe secure Kanye and do what you needed to do with Virgil and then Kyrie, those are three creative powerhouses that you lost, and I don't know how you're going to get them back. At some point corporate needs to realize unless you're making something substantial like large language models with n videos making in their data centers in blackwell, you don't have a competitive advantage if everybody can go remix your old designs and go put them at another brand. Do right by Kyrie, did right by Kanye, should have did right by Virsion. There's other creatives that have not been done right and now you have to deal with what you're going through. So yeah, no, no, it's not not the load the boat time.
Speaker 1: I would not I would not load the boat. I'm not invested in Nike. Although I am an avid sneak ahead and have plenty of Nike sneakers at the present time, I'm not for a number of the reasons that you said. I think the first thing is, especially in sneaker culture, the lack of innovation and the shoes that they're making. They hit a gold mine. They hit the gold mine of all gold mines in the in the eighties when they got Jordan Kobe was great for them, still is. I'm glad that they brought that brand back. Uh didn't treat him well or the family. Let me just speak on it. Real quick they figured out. But they did figure it out. We can, right, Vanessa didn't have to go back.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't been a gap where it wasn't the should Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I don't think it should have expired. I think I mean, he's one of these legacy athletes prior to him pass he's a legacy athlete, he's a legacy brand inside of the company. But there just hasn't been that innovation. Right, Like in the mid nineties you had zoom technology inside the shoe, right, you had like air in the early and mid eighties. There hasn't been that innovation in the shoe. I know, they tried the vapor Maax thing. It didn't grow well. The two seventy was a shoe that was different. It wasn't a recycled one. And so because they haven't had the innovation. And I'm glad you brought an lvmh is because that's where it's been for the past ten years. It's been let's collab and so they have collab with LVMHS right on the shoe. They have collabed with off White, they have collabed with car Hard and Union and all these brands. But those are remakes of shoes that exists. There isn't any innovation inside there. But it also is a microcosms of the sector. If we look at Little Lemons performance over the past three years, down seventeen percent, Adidas is down twenty six percent, Honda Alma forget about it. These are the direct competitors that athletes of space. So there is it too down? What was surprising, Like they already said that they were going to have a decline this year. They estimated it to be a three percent decline based on the earnings that they reported on Friday, it's looking like a ten percent decline. Yeah, that's I mean, it's it's the fifty one buck. It was the worst day in the history of the stock on Friday. And then they're already expecting year over year decline for the year ending in May five mm hm, Like you're already telling us your future guidance is like, we're we're going to lose money and profitability. We're going to lose money in revenue. Should you even touch it, I'm not back in the league, right and yeah on a bunch of these social issues. You you missed the mark over and over and again. You don't you have your biggest athlete now his time? I mean, what one year? Two years? Maybe for Lebron, maybe maybe, but who's next? Zion? That didn't work Jason Tatum. I don't see kids gravitating to try to grab Jason Tatum shoe. Joe thought maybe had a chance from the from the athletics, from the basketball. I didn't sign Anthony put They missed on that too, But I don't. I just don't see the innovation from the shoe and from the face of the brand. Right the logo was the face then you obviously the Jordan brand will continue, but even now the sales on Jordan are still down.
Speaker 2: Is better call Sonny Vacaro and go back to Nike and put and hand out that money on the table. How y'all used to do.
Speaker 1: Or more tinker, tinker more than anybody when it comes to innovation for the night and all their shoes. But they don't. Who's the tinker now? We don't know, y'all.
Speaker 2: Let new Balance get hot on y'all.
Speaker 1: New Balance is hot, they go on fire, new bounces definitely.
Speaker 2: If you just happen to look and they're half consultants thinking me wrong. But when you look at like executive leadership. Do they look like they may buy a lot of the product that the culture may wear that they're selling to.
Speaker 1: And that's just me.
Speaker 2: I'm with the coach of you got well played. You have to eat your own dog food.
Speaker 1: But what do I know.
Speaker 2: I'm just a guy, a pundit on a right wing pundent on YouTube. Oh I'm gonna go on my little Fox News Ryn. Come on, you go me Foxton friends a late nice.
Speaker 3: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars imprisoned and deported you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,