Speaker 1: What's up you guys? Olaf from Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: And it is give them Lala with brand and we are here in beautiful Puerto Rico. How lucky are we to have a chance to start our movie up again?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean it's weird because I was talking. I was having like general phone calls today with my manager and agent and blah blah blah, like super Hollywood ship.
Speaker 2: That was whole thing and most no, no, you dropped it. And I'm looking out of the table and it's still sitting there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, did you just steal my line from when you name drop?
Speaker 2: I don't name drop?
Speaker 1: Moving on.
Speaker 2: I was talking to that this episode is going to be a long episode. I can already see with that.
Speaker 1: I was telling them, you know, movies are being pushed blah blah blah, and they had to remind me, like, you guys are really lucky that you're continuing to work, because most people still are not well.
Speaker 2: It's not only that movies. Not only are it being pushed movie the whole industry has been shut down like many other industries. And we're one of the first movies back here. And it is a blessing to be able to go back to work. And it is a new world to have to go back to work in the way that we are going back to work. I had to learn all the protocols and take all these classes, and it's like walking into kind of like Mars, you know, like with all the protective gear and stuff. Why why are you give me that smile? Dude? Honestly, I love it? What do you love? Like? What's a smile of? Just listen, no one, I know you got that smirk smile like you know you have three smiles? Is that something from a movie a long time ago? They said you have no but tell me that movie smile? And what was that movie about? You know how many smiles I have? There was a famous movie. I don't know, I'm going to remember it anyway. Okay, so the smile you just gave me was a smart ass smile. So you're full of shit. But anyway, we are sitting here and I'm gonna screenshot the view of the ocean. It is paradise. We are very blessed to be able to go back to work because we have not worked in four or five months. So I'm very excited to try to do this. We are doing it safely. It is a new world, the new way of making movies, but it is exciting. Roll your eyes one more time during this, that's it real.
Speaker 1: Every podcast can't be about how thankful we are to go back to work and coronavirus and a new way of living. We've got to at some point venture into new territory. Are we doing that now?
Speaker 2: Oh my gods, are you really being show? No?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's the same, like feel like I'm.
Speaker 2: Moving are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to offer the people something the people hilarious or something the people are.
Speaker 2: I want to hear about the struggle that the world.
Speaker 1: They know the struggles, they know it. What do you want to talk in it?
Speaker 2: What do you want to talk about? Real housewives gossip?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to talk about that shit I know, but they everyone knows the You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be quiet, so give them la no, no, no, engage. No, I'm not talking. I'm not talking. Whatever you want to say. You know what, you know what we're gonna You know what we're gonna do. You know what we're gonna do. Because you're upsetting me and you hurt my feelings, I'm going to tell you we're gonna do I'm sorry, I hear no, no, no, not next week's episode. The week after. We're gonna do half and half, half and half. Okay, the first half of the episode will be you by yourself talking about all your tea and gossip.
Speaker 1: We can each have a co host though. No.
Speaker 2: I just said you by yourself and me by myself and let's have them voked.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that idea.
Speaker 2: Problem is, you have like two billion fans and I like twenty. But we'll just do it anyway. Okay, what do you want to bring up? Lalla?
Speaker 1: First of all, I want to acknowledge the fact that we said last week that we were bringing on an astrologist, which I was super excited about, and then we got a phone call today that she could not do it because the time difference. I think there was a miscommunication, correct, we.
Speaker 2: All hold on. We also didn't know that for sure we were coming to Puerto Rico, whether the movie was starting etctera. Now it is, so we traveled and it just the schedules got messed up. But here's the good news. We are going to keep all the questions that came in because we're super excited.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of good ones.
Speaker 2: We have like forty to fifty. We're going to move those to next week's episode and that will be the Astrology episode. So there we go. Now let's talk about who we do have on this week because I am excited. Then you can go and tell your tea I see you. By the way, everybody have a little.
Speaker 3: That I've no I was gonna tell you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's like I feel like you're like, yeah, you're right, dispel Tea. That's where I probably will check messages during that time. Okay, okay. So my boddy and amazingly talented actor who is starring in my movie Midnight in the Switchgrass along with Megan Fox and Emil Hirsch and a Michigan on Kelly is Lucas Hawes, who is a friend and also one of the coolest, smartest, most talented actors out there. Has been acting since he was six years old, so we have him on today. He is going to share with us.
Speaker 1: Kind of his He used to go into his uh I think it was how are what great are you in in the sixth grade? Like kindergarten?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: He was telling me.
Speaker 2: He's sixth grade. In the sixth grade, Yeah, sixth grade?
Speaker 1: He was six What great are you in when you're sick?
Speaker 2: Oh you said sixth grade? You're in kindergarten? Whoa drop the.
Speaker 1: Mic Island brain in that case, I think that's first grade. Yeah, okay, all right, where are you.
Speaker 2: Going with this?
Speaker 1: That he used to dress up in costume Lucas as like a cowboy, or he would go to school every day in different costumes, and I thought that was really fucking hilarious.
Speaker 2: Centerview is gonna I feel bad for Lucas was about to get fucking side swipe. Do you think Lucas will stay on the movie after this podcast?
Speaker 1: Is the biggest No, I'm gonna make him, So that's what I like to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, okay, so drop the tea and then we'll get back to Lucas.
Speaker 1: Moving on, Jada Pinkett Smith, what happened with that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I just watched the video I'm controlling TM.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, what was the video? The video she did our appeal?
Speaker 1: Basically, this guy, his name's August Alcina. He's fucking to die for. By the way, don't get mad at me for saying that.
Speaker 2: What does that mean to die for?
Speaker 1: He's very good looking? All right? All right, so back in the heat.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, this is just this is just an all star podcast.
Speaker 1: This is Tea, This is Tea. Who do you think is hot? Randall?
Speaker 2: Just? Where's Lucas?
Speaker 1: We're bringing him.
Speaker 2: Out all ready to interview Lucy. So go ahead, Okay, So the guy's hot, you like him?
Speaker 1: Will Smith and Jada Pinkett we're in. We're together, right, They're on the verge of like getting a divorce behind closed doors. No one knows this. And she finds herself in a quote unquote an entanglement with August Alcina. Right, well just recently August decides to come out and be like I was in a relationship with her. So Jada being a fucking genius is like, I'm bringing myself to the Red Table, which is her own show.
Speaker 2: I also read that they were separated at that time. You should mention that.
Speaker 1: Well, she brings herself to the Red Table with Will Smith to talk about it. In this video that I watched, They're very much like ride or die for each other?
Speaker 2: Want Will Smith and Jada come to her talk show.
Speaker 1: She has a talk show on YouTube, Bread called tabletop.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they sit there the red table, they sit down and they and what happened.
Speaker 1: They talk about it all about how they were in a dark place, how they went their separate ways for like five months, which she then got into an entanglement and Will was like, why don't you call it what it is a relationship, and she goes, we were yes, that's what it was, and it is like she said after that, she was like, she feels so free, and you know it's always been up in the air, like because August Alcina said that they got into a relationship with Will Smith's blessing. So everyone's like, are they in an open relationship? Blah blah blah. Here's the thing. If it doesn't affect me, I really don't give a shit who you're banging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but can we talk about Will's reaction?
Speaker 4: He's already been memed. He's like sitting there with tears in his eyes talking about the entanglement.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He his face really said it all. He looked very uncomfortable and sad and like it was sad.
Speaker 2: But are they happy now?
Speaker 1: I here's the thing. It's Hollywood, who normally they're really happy watching this I think they've been married for twenty five years. They hit bumps in the road. I think they're so.
Speaker 2: Bad as they were stop top time out. Please, let's give them that credit. Twenty five years of marriage in Hollywood is a very tough thing, So I give them a and being Will Smith, now I don't think that I'm thinking, oh my god, it's so hard to be Will Smith. I'm saying being in a relationship twenty five years, whether you work, you know, in real estate or a banker or in Hollywood, it's it's it's gonna have its ups and downs. But also Hollywood definitely complicated.
Speaker 1: Well, twenty five years in Hollywood is like one hundred years, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: So I give them, I give them props for that. Yeah, and that is an incredible I'm gonna have to watch that. That's scene.
Speaker 1: You'll have to watch it because she says that she feels very free after she went through all of that, you know, and spoke to him at the red table. But in twenty four hours it had fifteen million views.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's she's a genius.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have a little more t I see, because that list looks like it's a, uh, there's a report card.
Speaker 1: It's not really a report card. I couldn't do this podcast without acknowledging the fact that the Glee cast is lost now their third a third member.
Speaker 4: It's horrible.
Speaker 1: It's horrible, it's horrible, devastating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I cannot believe this poor little boy is sitting in a boat, never to see his mom again. Doesn't know. I can't even imagine the horror and then the rest of his life. This is it. This is what he remembers. It's just it's it's first of all, it's tragic to lose any human being. But I'm just saying her son, this is what he will remember. You know, my mother got in the water, went for a swim. You know it probably jumped in or well.
Speaker 1: I read on CNN that they got in the water together and she got up enough strength to put him back in the boat, because clearly she knew something was something, something was happening.
Speaker 2: Do you think she had or that nature or heart I mean, maybe a freak heart attack. I mean, something had to happen catastrophically.
Speaker 1: They just found her, I believe this morning. So I'm sure they're going to do the autopsy but the corner said that she had enough strength to get her son back in the boat, not herself.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say something. When I read this story, it brought tearspides. I could not believe that's might this happen? Yes, I don't. I don't want to say it's a curse, but you know, they've lost a bunch of cast members and it's it's tragic. And then they're young. All of them have been very young.
Speaker 1: I think in Maya was only like thirty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's this week in general, it has been a really bad week for celebrity deaths because Kelly Preston died, who we had worked with.
Speaker 2: That was just I want to say, for one second, yeah, and that's the other thing. I mean, you know you got to meet Kelly.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I didn't know if you wanted me to talk about that, because I don't know if you I know that you know her or knew her personally, So I didn't want it.
Speaker 2: I grieved in my own way and I and I went through that and it was it's hard to talk about because it's just like she was such an amazing mother and wife. And I text John Travolta obviously the day it happened. I know that he's far removed from his telephone for probably a long time, but I can.
Speaker 1: Tell you that he is because on his Instagram he said, if you are reaching out, this isn't ver baby him, but that he and his family are going to be not engaging for a while, but that your messages don't goet noticed.
Speaker 2: And I just think that she was such a shining light, so fun, so happy, so just you could tell that every moment of life when you hung out with her or worked with her creatively, or just had a dinner with her, she was just so just beautiful in every way.
Speaker 1: So it is I can definitely I only knew her through you Rand. Yeah, And it was really funny because obviously I am not an A list celebrity, nor am I known for film. And so when you had Gaudi and I was going to the carpets with you into the film festival, and can like, I was very intimidated. I felt insecure, and she for some reason, I don't know if she could feel my energy, but she always made me feel like I I belonged to there.
Speaker 2: But that's the magic of Kelly Preston. She it didn't matter if you were, you know, taking her order at a dinner, or you were her co star, or you were a producer, or even my father who sat next door at a dinner we had in Ohio. She just, you know, was that person. She was just a beautiful, beautiful woman, and she treated everybody with fairness. And she was very, very honorable. And I will miss her and I will miss everything she stood for. And at least, you know, she left us with some incredible films and roles that we will get to, you know, see her over and over in that respect.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and her last film she ever did was your film, I know.
Speaker 2: I know, so I take a lot of pride and honor that, you know, she that was the last roles that she acted in, and she was so happy because her and John were doing it together. Yeah, And I don't think people, you know, I think they're so professional, you know when it comes to world that John and Kelly they love promoting the movie and working on it together. And it was like you know, watching like when you and I do the podcast. But when we were on set, you know, they were just two professional actors.
Speaker 1: They just didn't they knew how to separate things right, because they.
Speaker 2: Both were there doing a job, and they both are super professional. And John was a producer on the movie, and Kelly had been working on that film with John for like six years to get it made. So I'm very, very proud to have gotten work with both of them. And I will tell you you know, they sent me footage of that can and I watched it the other day a few videos, and it was really hard to watch because she was so happy and so beautiful and so such a shining light. And I just I really hope people listening to this podcast will go and watch some of the movies that Kelly Preston. Was it.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take a quick break and we will be right back. Are you good?
Speaker 2: All right? We are back. I got a little emotional.
Speaker 1: I'll pulled it together with a big kiss. Where's this kiss?
Speaker 2: Stop lying?
Speaker 1: Tops, you're just lying.
Speaker 2: You just said you gave me Lucas. We have Lucas Hawes here, Lucas say hello, everybody. All right, she didn't give me a kiss, and she just straight up bullshit at me. Now you want to get me a kiss? Okay? Thank you? All right? So everybody, we Have Lucas Has Lucas. What I love about you because I'm a movie geek and I am a cinephile and I love you movies. I know all of your films. I've always wanted to work with you, and this first time we've worked together. We know each other in Hollywood, We've friends with the same friends. Very Hollywood kind of thing. But just tell me kind of how you started, how you got into acting, because a lot of people don't. Your body of work is so diverse and so epic, but like, how did it start? Yeah, what did it for you?
Speaker 5: The way I started was my mom became a writer. It was their first the first thing she ever wrote. She wrote this pilot and it was a live studio audience and I was in the audience watching that, and when I saw that, I became obsessed.
Speaker 3: From that moment.
Speaker 5: Forward and what age, I was like four wow, And I was like really obsessed.
Speaker 3: So I was asking I even remember this.
Speaker 5: I remember asking them, like pulling on their clothes, asking them if I could be an actor, you know, like, hey, can.
Speaker 3: I be an actor? Can I I want to be an actor? I was like obsessed, So.
Speaker 2: So okay, So then and then what happened? What are the steps from there to like your first job?
Speaker 5: Then I started like dressing up to go to kindergarten, and like I started putting on costumes and and we had like one school play where I like made masks for the other kids. We were like mice and I had to make a knows it and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And then because you probably had cool parents, I had really cool Like well I asked.
Speaker 1: I asked him the other day, I said, are your parents like kind of hippies? And he was like, for sure, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if you're dressing up that age, you have coolest ship parents. Yeah.
Speaker 5: My dad like got they were married and like he had a top hat on and they married in a tepee in Malay.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay hippie parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so they would, you know, They let me dress up to go to school. And then there was one actually like a parade down Wiltshire and we all did like paper mache animals, all the kids, and mine was a spider.
Speaker 3: In order to make it work, I had to.
Speaker 2: Crawl on the street in the break and I.
Speaker 5: Would not get up, So I crawled for three miles straight. I had bloody knees and commitments.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're like you were a method actress six years old.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, this is five, like five. At that point, I was determined.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: So then a casting director came to my kindergarten and asked, who's the best actor in all the school play?
Speaker 3: And they were like that.
Speaker 5: Kid right there in the spider Man spider Man outfit. So like, So then they told my parents, and my parents said, all right, let's try. Let's let them do it, because up until then they said no, no, no, no, no, you're too young.
Speaker 3: You know, when you get older you can do it.
Speaker 2: But and this is now at five, when the castle rector comes to the yeah, and what and what happens from that?
Speaker 3: So I went an audition and I got that, got it.
Speaker 5: What movie called Testament, okay, and then from that I got Witness because the director of that was going to direct Witness, but she had to drop out, and she suggested me to Peter Weir, who auditioned me.
Speaker 2: Okay, epic and tell everybody who co started who was in Witness Witnesses.
Speaker 3: Harrison Ford McGillis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just Harrison Ford, and that's your first movie.
Speaker 3: That was my second second movie was my second movie?
Speaker 2: And what was that? Do you remember the experience in detail at that age or is it a blur?
Speaker 5: It's I mean, there's some blurriness to it, but I remember a lot of details. Yeah, I remember the feeling of it. I remember certain moments, and I remember what an amazing feeling it was to.
Speaker 2: Be there and you knew that was it. You were already all the way in at that point, even at that young of an.
Speaker 5: Age, it just felt meant to be, especially after having been so obsessed with it, you know, like I was. I was obsessed, so then it just happened and it felt like, Okay, this is this is right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel if my kid was like pretending to be a spider and actually crawling around into bloody, I'd be like, all right, I guess you can be an actor. I guess you like it enough.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what's funny. I I grew up you know, in the arts too, and foreming arts, and then was obsessed with movies. Why I was in the performing arts and then figured out, oh you can make movies and went to film school. So I do understand that obsession. What happens next, Like, as as as you get older, what's that big first role that really you knew? Wow?
Speaker 5: You know, well you know what happened. Basically, Witness was massive at the time. It was a really really big movies. So I carried me until now.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Come on, you work with some epic directors at movie stars. I mean, but but I mean you're saying that just that just pummeled you.
Speaker 5: It was so big and it was such an important role in the film. So it was the title role of the film. And so I just I was making a lot of really cool movies.
Speaker 3: After that. I made a movie called.
Speaker 5: Ramling Roseye and then I was I was in you know, Woody Allen movies, and uh, well.
Speaker 2: What how how old were you? How how old were you when you worked with Woody Allen?
Speaker 3: Eighteen?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what tell me? Okay, I've never even met Woody Allen? Okay, so that's somebody for me. That's like, like, you know, Martin Scorsese, you know, you look up and you say, you know these these iconic directors. Wow, what what's the process like working with Woody Allen? I mean, is it the same as any other director, what's different, what's what makes him Woody Allen? When you're on set as an actor.
Speaker 5: You know every movie, every director is different. But in this case, he actually was very hands off. He didn't say much. It's sort of like this feeling you get when you're there, like the cast and the whole setup and it's all the people he's been working with forever and the script and it's just like you already know what you're doing. You already know what a wood Woody Allen movie.
Speaker 2: You know what to do because you've seen all of his work and it's so flawless and.
Speaker 5: Like there's a particular vibe to it, and the lines all there, they like makes they sound like Woody Allen lines.
Speaker 2: And there's not a lot to figure out. Mean, he tells you.
Speaker 5: I mean he comes in and he's like, hey, you go there, and you go there, and he tells you what to do.
Speaker 3: But that was about.
Speaker 2: That's about it. Yeah, but that but think about it. He doesn't have to do much because all the actors in his movies are like at a very high level. It's not like there's a lot of beginners in Woody Allen's movie.
Speaker 1: Right, This isn't like a when they step on like a freaking acting class wreck, like you come correct.
Speaker 2: And it's like the greatest, most talented people in the industry. And that's probably why he doesn't have to say you want because he casts them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there were a lot of great actors in that movie. Was like Goldie Hawn and.
Speaker 3: Drew Barrymore and Natalie Portman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much the greatest. I mean, each person of that cast could make their own movie times den on their own. I have a question because I heard I heard a rumor. I'm not good with the rumors, but it was, Uh, you did a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio in Canada in very very tough conditions, which the name of the movie was Inception Exception.
Speaker 1: What have you seen it, Randall?
Speaker 2: Yes, one of my favorite bilies.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Inceptions one. Well, you did do it. Let's correct, we're talking about Exception. Hold on, let's back up, so people know you did do Inception, which is one of my favorite movies. And The Revenant, which is I had.
Speaker 1: To watch a few times to like atally understand what.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it and the interpretation is different every time you watch it. Yeah, there's a lot going on inception. But but we go back to that The Revenant. Now I watched that movie. Leo won the Oscar for that, right mm hmm. Okay, Leonardo, because I don't know like Leo or l L. Will you give everybody an initial? You call Lucas. I mean, you call Lucas. Okay, okay, So one of the greatest filmmakers, right, and and so tell me the conditions of that film, because the film is so in the element. There's no it doesn't look like you're on a sound stage.
Speaker 3: No, it was. It was crazy. I mean it was just it was.
Speaker 5: Very, very cold, and uh we were out there in the cold for months on hunt End basically.
Speaker 3: I mean that's pretty much the gist of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, so, so what's a normal day, Like what was a temperature like ten to twenty degrees?
Speaker 3: I mean's like it was yeah, freeze ten It was freezing.
Speaker 2: It was freezing, and you guys are out there from six am to six pm every day and in the cold and the water.
Speaker 3: I mean about my role, you know, I was like one of the trappers.
Speaker 5: So there was probably like ten of us and we were all just kind of doing like.
Speaker 1: You were all just trapping, trapping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were just trudging through lakes and rivers, oh my, and the water and how's that wal down mountains? And that was basically what I did in that movie. And it was pretty It was pretty awesome. It was actually very cool to get to be a part of it, but it was tough to shoot.
Speaker 2: Let me ask a questions because I do know a little bit of Hollywood history. I know that you may have made movies with a lot of different actors. Is it different making movies with your friends, whether whoever it may be worse? Is it better? Is it worse? Is it is it more comfortable? Is it more uncomfortable? Depending whoever it is. You know, because you know a lot of people, you grew up in the industry. Is it easier to make movies with your friends?
Speaker 5: You know what, I make friends with the people I make movies with basically, and when you're on set, you're just doing your job. So it doesn't really necessarily feel any different to me.
Speaker 2: Because you're approaching the role from a character. Doesn't matter if that person you've known for twenty years or you know for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, it goes back to how you were talking about Kelly Preston and like how they can separate you just yeah, you know, you.
Speaker 5: Learn how to be a professional, and when you're a professional, that's kind of that's it.
Speaker 3: It's a job.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Tell me your greatest experience in acting to date that you would say was your greatest, like best role, the one you enjoyed the most performance wise, you.
Speaker 5: Know, the one I enjoyed the most was probably probably witnessed.
Speaker 1: He's like, my worst was this film called Midnight in the Switchgrass. It's a joke. It's a joke. Randall is really sensitive today. It's a joke.
Speaker 3: Are you well, we haven't even I haven't seen this one. Do you think there's no way to know?
Speaker 2: This is the great thing? We might be friends now. Well in the cut of the movie, you might be like, I'm like, Lucas, Oh sorry, man, I'm really busy. I'll get back to you.
Speaker 3: No, but listen, there's a few movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to hear some of your favorite.
Speaker 3: Highlights for me.
Speaker 5: Yea Ramling Rose was one of them when I was younger, amazing, And then I did a movie called Brick that I love and that was with Joe Gordon love it and.
Speaker 3: I played Ryan Johnson directed it, Yes, it was his first.
Speaker 1: You've seen it, timbo.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Seen every movie.
Speaker 3: It was a rad movie.
Speaker 4: One of that's one of the ones that I've seen.
Speaker 3: And it was a cool ass role too.
Speaker 1: That was a cool ROLEA what's it got to write it?
Speaker 3: Brick?
Speaker 2: Well, I have to see it too, Brick.
Speaker 5: And I loved my role in this movie called Widows that came out a couple.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 1: It was a very cool, cool How old were you that one?
Speaker 2: I was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: So foo, sorry on the spot.
Speaker 2: Here's the craziest thing. So, so I put our movie together, Lucas, the one that we're doing right now. And you know how hard is to put a movie together. You're in movies, you're an independent, you're a big studio ones, they're all hard to get together. And I finally decide after twenty something years to direct my first movie I made up put together. Yeah, very hard to put together. And this one comes together and I'm so excited and boom we start shooting and then pandemic comes and we're on a plane home after a week of shooting.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Randall cry ever, win a kid that when he's doing a movie.
Speaker 2: Is this a joke today?
Speaker 1: No? What is wrong with the podcast is for honesty and in people at the table can't be honest.
Speaker 2: But this isn't therapy. I'm trying to talk about my experience making.
Speaker 1: A movie, and I'm telling them about my experience with Go Ahead, because it's the podcast.
Speaker 3: With both of us.
Speaker 1: I have never seen Randall cry when he does when he's done any movie, and he's done over one hundred films. This is the first because he looks so puss. This is the first first film he's cried on.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Hey, by the way, you know, I understand.
Speaker 2: I didn't cry on the movie. I cried because my heart and soul was in this film, and as a director, I had never been through this experience before. No one ever has, but no one, by the way, no one has. And by the way, the whole world was shut down. So in the moment, and then I just want to be honest because I'm in the moment. You know, that's your world the movie, right, you're on the set, you realize we all have to go home. You don't really know what's going on. So in that moment, my heart was broken. Obviously, when I got home, I realized, oh my god, the whole world is ending, and I got to take care of my family and myself. But in that moment, no way, I just want to But.
Speaker 1: Did Lucas know when you guys were out here, I'm very curious. Did you think, like, oh, we're good, We're going to finish it up and then we'll head home.
Speaker 3: It was sort of like.
Speaker 2: I thought, so, yeah, we really thought.
Speaker 3: We thought we already kind of almost halfway through the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we we were almost have we were, I mean we were we were left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I went to set that morning, I mean.
Speaker 2: I went to set to it. By the way we have Okay, here's the truth. Here's no but here's here's the truth. Here's how Lucas put his costume on at like six am before he even got the set. He just wanted to make sure as a character, no any crawl, any crawl to set. No. No. But here's the truth that that weekend, right we I was talking to you, law and I was talking to the kids, and the world was shutting down already, but not fully and we weren't feeling it here, and then Sunday the governor of Puerto Rico put a curfew on and that's when we all realize, oh, this is getting really serious. And I started talking to crew that night and I realized, this doesn't look like it's gonna happen. The sweetest thing that I ever got was Megan Fox, Lucas, Emil Hirsh everybody called me and said we're with you, and if you're going to keep shooting and we're allowed to shoot safely, then we will. And I said that means the world to me. So I went to set that morning. You were already there, and you know, we had half the crew show up, and which which is understandable because people the world was shutting down and and and health was obviously.
Speaker 1: A huge You definitely didn't know because when you called me, you were like, it's normal here, and I was like, it's normal.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no no, wait, I want to get it right. That's not true. You're right about the normal because on Saturday and Sunday we were at the beach on our days off, and we thought it was normal.
Speaker 5: It seemed like this thing that was going on in the other part of the world. You know, we weren't really we didn't think there were no cases.
Speaker 2: There were no cases at Puerto Rico, and they were telling us everything's going to be normal here, don't worry. I mean, obviously nobody knew anything at that point, and we we didn't know. But at about nine pm, ten pm that my production partner started calling me and saying, we don't think a lot of crews coming in, and we're also being told by the health board that this is, you know, a pandemic and all this. So we were so in the kind of in the dark over here. And I got to set that morning, and when half the crew was on the set, I know, I knew, and I also we had we just decided that morning at about six thirty. I'd gotten up so early, and we had just decided that for now we're gonna we okay, I remember the conversation. Now we had decided we were going to shut down for like a week or two. We thought we're going to go home. Remember even on the plane home, I said, we're gonna shut down for a couple of weeks. We're gonna come right back. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Were so we stayed in costume the whole time. I saw the same character.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it was it was heartbreaking. We took a vote with the crew, but we also had we took a vote because I think legally we were supposed to take a vote, but we had already decided when forty people out of one hundred and ten showed up. But it was the right thing to do safety wise. Obviously, the crew has you know, family here, they need to get to them.
Speaker 5: We need to It was definitely something that needed to happen. It's and it's unprecedented. No one knew how to deal with this thing.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, when I when I when I that morning at six thirty am, when I knew we were going to shut down, we got the set and we we made the official I think I got us out of Puerto Rico in like seven hours.
Speaker 5: Literally, I was on sp Superman work and then and then you came up and be like, I don't think we're going to film today.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 3: And I'm like okay, and then You're like we're probably going home tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, all right, and there we laugh. We can laugh now, And we were not laughing then, But I.
Speaker 1: Mean today, it's like this movie they're doing is so eventful. People are linking up and now we're back, you know, like this is like the best. No, I'm telling you, this is the best movie ever. And it hasn't even been released.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, Del Hirsh called me? A Meil Hirsh called me and said, there's more publicity around your movie. It hasn't even come out yet, it hasn't even been filmed.
Speaker 1: I know, how do we keep the momentum going with the film?
Speaker 2: Listen, I don't. All I want to do is start shooting on Monday and make a great film and have the work speak for itself. And I am very grateful that all of you, know you and Emil and Megan Colson, everybody. What I love is you guys all kept in touch with me, and we kept in touch with each other, and I think it made us even closer. And I think when you go back, we're gonna even be stronger. So I'm really really excited.
Speaker 3: The only problem is the masks.
Speaker 1: Well you're oh yeah, you guys have not you guys haven't even scraped the surface yet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, by the way, all right, we're gonna we're going a quick break and we'll come back and we're gonna we're gonna finish up here with Lucas has.
Speaker 1: We're back beach.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, that's how you have to come back.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're my friends, you know, like this podcast, I feel like like walking into a room like, what's that bitch?
Speaker 2: Should you do a girl?
Speaker 1: That's how I feel like, Hey man, how's the wife? I feel like those are like the people listening, aren't just like people listening, like those are my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably why you have That's why Lucas and I have like six followers and you have one five million. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Oh good lord.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but anyway, we're just finishing up. But you know, I think that the COVID thing, I think that it's made us stronger. I think it's brought us all closer, and I think that we're gonna have a lot to talk about, you know, with this movie. Because just going into rehearsals the other day, we had masks on, and.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that was crazy.
Speaker 5: How we're Is it weird to direct with actors who have masks on?
Speaker 2: Well? I had a direct, and I couldn't even see what you were Is it hard? I didn't know if you were laughing at me, what if you were sticking your tongue out at me and telling me to like, go shove it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm acting just like normally.
Speaker 1: Always fighting it. I don't know a mouth, a mouth doing nothing speaks a thousand words like me. When I'm pissed off, I purse the lips. That's how random those.
Speaker 3: They say it's all in the eyes, but yeah, sure, if that's true or not.
Speaker 2: It's all in the eyes, but I'd like to I'd like to see a little expression. So the good news is we could take the mass off when we actually roll the cameras next week, so we'll be fine. So uh where we okay? Uh, Lucas. What is it like leaving Los Angeles now, being on an island overlooking the ocean after five months, four months of lockdown?
Speaker 1: I mean, which, by the way, I always locked down again, guys, I know.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of places.
Speaker 3: It's so surreal, by the way, just being here, I mean, I've never stayed at such a nice place when I was faking a movie.
Speaker 5: I'm here literally just on the beach, just chilling out.
Speaker 2: Youth your metha. It is pretty amazing. I do say it's also.
Speaker 1: A mind fuck for a method actor, because if I was supposed to be like a serial killer, I'd look out there and I'd be like, I feel so zen, It's like everything's fut.
Speaker 2: Look. All I gotta say is, you know, I've made movies like you, Lucas all around the world, and you know, in places that were ten degrees below Grand Rapids, Michigan in the winter, in blizzard where we couldn't get to the set. I've made movies in Eastern Europe in the winter. I've made movies in states like Ohio, Alabama.
Speaker 3: It's usually not in the most beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's not a beach. This is the first time in my entire career I've ever got to make a movie in a place that I would literally wish I could vacation it like it's so beautiful. And I just want to promote Puerto Rico because I love the community here and the state that it is, and I just want to say, if you ever can get your family here one day, or you know, visit here with friends, Puerto Rico has so many amazing things off.
Speaker 5: It is a beautiful, beautiful place, and I feel lucky to be filming here for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, we're grateful to have you.
Speaker 2: They are all right, Lucas. We don't want to torture anymore. Here's a good news, Lucas. You get to leave this podcast, and I don't get to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: So I will because it's voicemail time.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go to the beach.
Speaker 1: To the beach.
Speaker 2: Thanks Lucas, everybody, Lucas Hawes, we thank you for coming.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's voicemail time, bitch.
Speaker 2: How much do you love Lucas?
Speaker 1: I fucking dive for Lucas. Thus the other day when you were like napping, I just kicked it with Lucas and ate Puerto Rican pineapple by the beat.
Speaker 2: Nice. Nice. You guys are living your best.
Speaker 1: Living our best life while you stress. We're too blessed to stress. That's what is up?
Speaker 2: Could you wrap it up? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right. Here is one of our voicemails.
Speaker 6: I just want to say that I love you guys. I think that you are my favorite couple on vander Palm. Randall. Thanks so much for joining the show. If I were to ask a question, I would say, Lola, what has inspired your style? I would say you're super unique and I would love to get some tips and tricks. Thanks so Athletic guys, keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: What inspires my style? Absolutely nothing. I wish I was inspired, Like I go through my Instagram and I like save people's cute outfits and I don't even know why because I'm never going to try to copy it because I just put on what I feel like, which is most of the time, no makeup and sweatpants and less of cameras rolling than I pretend like I'm just fabulous all the time. Next question, we'll go with a lighthearted one.
Speaker 6: Hi, Lala and Randall, I just wanted to say that my boyfriend and I just started listening.
Speaker 7: To your podcast and Quarantine and we are loving it. And in your first episode you mentioned that you ate lunchables, so we were wondering what is your favorite lunchable?
Speaker 6: Thank you guys so much for listening to my message and have a lovely day.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Turkey Definitely, I love the turkey. I don't like the ham that's weird turkey with the the one with the caprice son and I do enjoy the oreos as my treat.
Speaker 2: Okay, talk about what flavor you like?
Speaker 1: The kids like the pizza?
Speaker 2: Okay, I have question.
Speaker 7: Hi Lala, this is Alexa from Indiana. Oh hi Randalls. I love you guys. I've been a fan of lollave on the Inn since day one, and I love the podcast and I love the guest. You guys have it on shout out. I loved mgk's episode. I am a new fan to the podcast and I just wanted to say, keep on keeping on and you make great reality TV and I love you as a couple. Congratulations on the wedding. I want to know what you guys' favorite date has been. Since he's been all over the world together, I just want to know what's your favorite date? Where's your favorite place?
Speaker 6: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Oh this sone's cute. What's your favorite date? Of RSBB? He wants to behead me right now. I see it in his eyes. I could feel the energy.
Speaker 2: My favorite date is when you're sleeping and I'm watching TV.
Speaker 1: Fun The thing is is I know he's full of shit. He's like, he's so funny. Oh look I'm such I'm I have such big balls in front of my friends. Wow, what is your real favorite date?
Speaker 2: Good? My favorite date honestly, obviously being with you every day is my favorite date. But but when we got engaged, that's probably one of our best dates we ever read.
Speaker 1: Wow, true, that's true. It is true.
Speaker 2: I think that Isn't that your favorite date? That was a date? I mean we were going to dinner and then that's more.
Speaker 1: Of an event, but that is also my favorite event. What's my favorite favorite date?
Speaker 2: Every date with you is just is when we.
Speaker 1: Order take out and eat it just at home, and then we go up into our room and watch trash TV and chill.
Speaker 2: I like that too.
Speaker 1: People think I'm bougie, and I'm really I pretend I'm really.
Speaker 2: You fake it really simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you totally faked.
Speaker 2: No, you like to turn on ninety Day Fiance binge watch that, then we binge, then you binge rap the housewives of whatever state city they have in quarantine the.
Speaker 1: New Jersey. Yeah, then we cuddle and I'm always the big spoon that times up on this podcast. I'm having a lot of fun though, you guys, thank you so much for joining us yet again on Give Them La La with Randall. Babe, thanks for putting up with me. We will catch you guys next week.
Speaker 3: HeLa you