Speaker 1: Scam, Come rob froll scam, come rob Froam Goddess, what's popping Congregation at Chigel.
Speaker 2: Lacey Mosley aka scam God, is back to you with another episode about robbery, fraud and those who practice it. It is a comedy show. We will laugh at the criminals, we will never laugh at the victims. And you know that I'm what, yes, excited, a thrilled, elated, kind of a little bit of a scam hunter to get this gem on the show. Mel Mitchell is a comedian, actress, and digital storyteller. She's opened for veteran comics like Roy Woods, Junior's and If Johnson, as well as our Lenox. You may know her from her TikTok series TikTok or Scare Tactics from Jordan Peele's Monkey Pop productions. She has been headlining tours all over the country, making people laugh in every city.
Speaker 1: Every state.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 1: Married come on, I'm doing to make hard pio period. I'm so happy you're here. I'm glad to be had, sister, glad to be had.
Speaker 2: I've been playing with some iterations of the show and like, what version, what am I gonna do at the top?
Speaker 1: I don't like to make people work.
Speaker 2: So I used to ask people what their relationships with scams are, but that kind of makes you have to work a little bit. So I will ask that just in case there's something you want to volunteer. But the first thing I'm gonna ask you is is it a scam?
Speaker 1: Is the scheme? Is it a real thing? I want your opinion about essential oils? Mmm? I think it depends on the oil I haven't. I haven't heard that name in years, So that's so maybe it was a scam because I had or like, what is that? I don't even know what you're talking about. That's the thing, Like, it's so many of the oils have come to win and we.
Speaker 4: Don't even try to sell your dope tarror or get you involved in that program.
Speaker 1: No, what is that? Oh they came after me. It's like a MLM marketing come out and say that like a wake up now for oil. Yeah, but sometimes the oil do be it to be good, Like so, okay, you smell of peppermint and it feels like you did a little bubby cocaine smell. Some of them do be good, Like I had a man dang because because the fact that these aren't on the streets no more. Might prove the point that these were scams, now that I think about it, because did you ever try? How not you got them? You got to hit you doing a bump right now on air? What can I talk about interpropriate things on here? I forgot, Well we are we are rided ur you can talk about anything. I got. Got with the kuchi essential oil to put it on your kuchi, there was no record, There was no Regulo Yoni oil that got me around twenty eighteen. And you're supposed to take it and rub the oil into your lips in kuchie area. And isn't that for like giving birth. That's when you need to start looping your couchie. They say it'll heal the yeasts and the BB's and the things. I was just like, let's just try it. And the whole time, honestly, I was just alerted to latex. I didn't realize that was just my right, which means that you were having protected sex. You were actually protecting your kuchi and then the latex was giving you a problem. That's that's actually that's literally what it was. But I'm over here doubting my kuchi and oil like I'm about to fry some fucking chicken and yah, you know what it was? See what sometimes a tea trioil, a peppermint oil. Sure, every once in a while, but near your COUCHI well, not in the I'm just saying in general. I'm just saying in general because the teacher used to help me with my ingrown and stuff like that. But yeah, yeah, you can put that on the side and are coming in. Yeah, but oils are fine individually, but when you put them all together and big essential oil gets involved, big oil, big oil, big oil, like big pharma, now we're easing into scam territory, right because why they got people on the streets like running the black selling the product oils and stuff. I don't want any doctor sebby asparagus to cure cancer. I don't want no seams. We're not going for we can't. So yeah, that's that's my take on the oil of it all. Yeah, what's your relationship with scams? Have you ever been scammed or no? People who've been scam I'm sure I'm probably getting scammed right now. I don't know because I'm an easy look on this show. So yeah, you're being scammed a little bit. I'm being scammed. You know, I live in America. I'm paying ninety dollars for gas my chick for like kids, men, it was nine dollars. I think because I upsized the lemonade. Probably yourself, that's too every day. Every day is a scam. Every day I wake up in this god forsaken effing country, it's a goddamn scam. Everything, everything's a scam. I went to Walmart today. I went to go look for the angel rees Barbie. I knew they weren't going to have it because it was a black Walmart, but I was gonna try anyway. I bought some cups, some soap, a deodorant. What else did I even buy? I think that was about it. Fifty dollars. I can't see doll hairs. I don't even ooh not doll hairs, doll I can't even walk up in ad Bittional more because every time I go in there, I go for one thing. And you know, black people are supposed to be boycotting Target still, so we're not supposed to up there anyway to Target. So you gotta go to Walmart. But Walmart's hard to get to on targets up the street and then I've been driving all around town trying to avoid going to target and how to pass eight targets and also as black women, I'm sorry, everybody needs to give us a fucking past.
Speaker 2: Like I should be able to fly on a private jet. I know it's bad for the air, and get the mean I should be able to do it because that's reparations.
Speaker 1: Y'all ain't want to give me my forty acres and my mule, so at least let me in this jet. I'm getting on me a private jet. Y'all kiss my mass man. Right? Why why are you trying to do the right thing? We always on nobody else doing it. Taylor Swifton took a private jet from Newark to New York and I got to sit in the goddamn South a private jet from from Hollywood to Pasadena. She been just flying all over the police time, wasting good good O zone, good old zone. I'm not gonna take no ship from you all the whole Like we know it's a hole in the O zone layer, but she didn't. She didn't expanded it. It has her own hole. You know how you can buy a star. Taylor Swift has her own hole in the O zone layer that specifically she made from taking that private jet. I for god damn driveway, and then she'd be you know what people do in private jets too, is like it's also a flex to like let someone else use your jet. You rent it out, yeah, when you don't need it, and you just tell them to pay for the gas and that's like thirty k you pay, You're tell them to pay for gas and then they fly your jet around and then you can call on a favor later. Like she knows the whole game. She's she's in it. She's a sagittariust and it's something about all of them. And I haven't met a single normal sagittarius in my life. Okay, that's so with cancers.
Speaker 2: The men are bad with sadgets, the women are bad, but the men actually aren't that bad, Like I like a sad jay Z Offset Okay, damn, why would you say that your name?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's just off the top of my head. That's just that's just Fred Hampton. I don't know, No, that's other day he was born. That's the day he died. Yes, he died, remember because jay Z said something that he was born the same day. Yeah, friend Hampton, Yeah, I was like his death day. But also such a sagittarius man thing to say, why why are you celebrating the day that a black leader died? Oh, I was born on that day that the black leader died. But why is a scorpio? Is he a scorpio or oh no? November twenty oh, oh, I think that'sius. I think that's the cuss. Let's see, huh the way he was a scorpio, it still kinds a scorpio apparently. Well, the way that he did Carti and Carti is a nice lady. And I want to say the new man is also oh se dis Yeah November twenty nine. Oh, she keeps dating people in the same range. Damn, same level of hell, the same circle of hell. Because that new Nigerian soccer player is also evil apparently. But here's My parents kept telling me to watch Shameless, and I think they wanted me to watch it so that they could realize, like they wanted me to realize they weren't that bad because they had generational trauma and they put a lot of shit on me. I'm the eldest daughter and oh god bless. Yeah, I've been through there. They that took me through there, and they were like, look at this, look at how bad these people are on this TV show? Were that bad?
Speaker 5: Right? Like?
Speaker 1: But watching Shameless has been something I've been doing that.
Speaker 2: It's like eleven seasons, I think, like, there's a lot of content to watch and it's all about generational curses, trauma and how sometimes you can't get away from it because it's not on you, it's in you, and you look for familiar patterns and then you end up in situations that feel familiar that aren't good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a mess magnet. Damn it'd be up. Then that's why you gotta like unpack your shit. Listen. I've done all the therapy I've hopped in and paid a lot of people a lot of money just try to fix shit, and then sometimes is still there. It's hard to go to therapy when like the people who are the reason you need therapy won't go to it. Because I can get fixed all the shit I want to, and as soon as I get around people who unfixed, they break my shit again and I come to the same piece of brain and got to put back together right. That's why alan On exists.
Speaker 2: That's why there's AA for addicts, but there's also alan On for people who have addicts in their life who have terrorized them. So they have groups and meetings for non addicts where you can sit down and talk about all the ship that crazy ass did to you with other people who understand. That's almost like, what's the movie with a Viola Davis and j Lo and they was? She was in like the AA for like mothers who have lost sons, and they was talking and fighting. She was going to find a person who killed her son. And the whole time, j Loo wasn't real, right, Okay, I know what you're talking about. That was like that was like, no, that's that's a Netflix show. When you're talking about Light and Eve, that was that was Viola's moment to be Liam Neeson. She was neck chopping, she was out here in the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was. It was it was Jlo won real. That was a good movie. What you that came out? I remember being like this cinema. People who understand this podcast know that I have issues with j Low. They saw people see they saw how she did me. She did me dirty, and she really run for it. Yeah, and she was trying, she was letting it go. She just kept extending it. She kept talking about the ship, trying to make herself a victim, and nobody was believing her because it's like, girl, we know we have a track record of being the biggest bitch ever, sister, so do this to you. I didn't. I didn't even bring this ship up. I'm not gonna say that. I'm not going to say what I really want to say because some other people pissed me off and I was told not to say thank you by my publicist, so I'm not going to say those things. Yeah, Yeah, j Lo is interesting. I had one of my posts that made that attraction was so funny because I was talking about when I was a PA for the Grammys, I was the talent escort for her band when she did the Motown tribute, and which why was she in the Motown Tribune? Why was j Lo doing the Motown tribute? Are you what? And you were one non nigga, not even a group of niggas, So you're doing so men a singer, you can't even sing down. You should never be nowhere near the Motown Why was Jenny from the block doing the Detroit motor Town tribute. Honestly, though, I kind of low key respected as a skimmer. Jenny is a skimmer, and she has always known how to position herself to survive. You ain't get rid of Geny's she from the streets, she from the coltosac ain't you the game has been played this whole time, and you know, and she has some songs his and movies. Now she got her some movies on her. She's trying to steal songs from bites from black queens. So for you to have have infamously solen music and demos and voice and vocals from like how black women songs are shying do and to do a Motown tribute Motown, which is the foundation of why would she do that?
Speaker 4: But also so funny, oh crazy, But also I kind of respect, like.
Speaker 1: Just like because honestly, no one has checked her and she's gone unchecked, So why would she not keep going? Why was she not like if they were like if I can get away with this, I'm gonna go get right. Let's let's right it up, let's go for the generational run. She didn't eat that, Like I actually kind of underspand like it's it's good Scar God. Let's get into the episode. Yes, so historic could wings.
Speaker 2: This is where I well over Gale Mitch with the famous con Caper group of criminals. We don't know yet, and maybe we love them, maybe we hate them, but we will never laugh at the victims.
Speaker 1: We will laugh at Joe criminal ass.
Speaker 2: So an eighty three year old man's ultra rare Star Wars lego collection has gone missing.
Speaker 1: Oh god, who has it?
Speaker 2: And how much is the whole collection really worth? That's become the subject of lawsuits and arrests. So let's go back to nineteen ninety nine. We was barely alive. We don't have to get right, just a twinkle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are for real. We was zygoats, we zygoats cool.
Speaker 2: The first Star Wars prequel hit theaters, and a man in Kaiser organ named Ed Manzel started collecting Lego Star Wars sets.
Speaker 1: Over the next twenty years.
Speaker 2: As collection grew to seven hundred and eighty unopened, you know that's when they that's when it's real good when you ain't open Lego Star Wars sets around twelve hundred rare many figures by twenty twenty, three. His collection was described by some as the world's largest Lego Star Wars collection, and it was valued at like two hundred thousand dollars, although the actual value is disputed. But the thing is is like we put value to things.
Speaker 1: Nothing costs anything other than what we say it costs everything that we buy, how much we spend on things, It's about how much we value it. So you had og original legos, like that's crazy, right, and he was collecting them from ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he even had the Ultra Cloud City set that was worth as much as ten thousand dollars. So look, this is what we're looking at right now. Apparently this is highly valuable. And to me it just looks like plastic toards.
Speaker 1: You know, as a collector of things, aka order, I understand these bics. These are high. These be like five hundred dollars, right the old apartment complex in the in space they be having on Star Wars. Those are yeah, you never put them together, they're just in the box. No, he didn't touch them, and that makes it more valuable.
Speaker 2: That's like having comic books that you don't take out the plastic people want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So by twenty twenty three, Ed was eighty three and had been diagnosed with cancer. He asked his son, Brian Mansell, to sell the Lego collection and put the proceeds towards his grandkid's education. Okay, grandfather a grandfather, okay.
Speaker 1: Period. Brian approached the store Brick and Menfigs to handle the sale. Brick and Menphigs is a Lego reseller chain with over three hundred franchise locations. Three hundred franchise locations for Lego selling. There's a whole other world that we have no idea about. Like you don't know what people are doing in their house, You really don't. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I ain't know they was doing all this. They have locations in Burbank and Pasadena in Oregon. The store owner, her name was Crystal Law, and she accepted a confinement deal to sell the collection for Brian, who's the son of the grandpa who's trying to offload the stuff for his grandkids. And they made a deal that would make sure that Bricks and Menphase got thirty five percent of the cut out of the resale. Brian headed the Legos over to the store in November of twenty twenty three. They put a yellow sticker over the barcode to identify this stock. The collection was one of the largest sealed Star Wars collections covered. It was like covered by the local news. Everybody was like excited by the shit, which is strange to me. But you're right, we don't know what people doing.
Speaker 1: In they house. You never know, you never know. About a third of the collection did get sold and Brian melt like the sun. He was paid for it. But that's when the shenanigans started. In November twenty twenty four, Crystal, that store owner who the Reseller store, her and her husband planned to leave the US when Donald Trump won his second term. She thought the plan was for B and M Corporate to buy the store back from her, but she was fired instead. Oh and I honestly really resonate with her wanting to leave the country when Trump for the second time.
Speaker 2: I was in Ireland when he got elected a second time, and I love they're my favorite white people. Irish people are my favorite white people. They understand the pressure.
Speaker 1: They didn't let them be white for a while. Noah, Like, that's the thing about whiteness.
Speaker 2: That's why whiteness is not the same as blackness is because being black in America. It was us all realizing like, Okay, we have the same skin tone, we have the same milk. We all just gonna ride for each other. We're gonna be down for each other. Whiteness if it's not specific to the country of origin that you're from, we don't know where we're from. You stole us, but you know where you're from.
Speaker 1: So if y'all have an Irish parade, if y'all have a Scottish parade, if y'all like do anything, those are specific countries. But when y'all get together on whiteness, that's a clan rally. That's the thing. Yeah, it's not the same. They think it's the same as being black and us being out blackness.
Speaker 2: Like, no, we didn't know where we're from, so we just all locked in together because we at least know that we look like each other.
Speaker 1: You are getting in white events to be evil. The gold Post always moved to whiteness. They don't. They started accepting Italians and the Irish and all of them.
Speaker 2: And you know, so depending on the day, when she gets bad in the country, Jewish people will come niggas again.
Speaker 1: And then they started trying to hang around us again, like, hey niggas, sorry we left off for a little bit. Yeah, don't be back. We back. Depends on the day, depends on the day were back though, So what's going to On's crazy? So yes, Crystal, Yes, Crystal. So we have a video from the day that she was kicked out and it shows Crystal and the new store owners of the place that she thought she was gonna get bought out of where she was fired from. So we have Crystal talking to the director of operations, Ki McAllister about the Lego collection. So here's the video.
Speaker 5: A guy named Brandon Best showed up on a Thursday night and demanded the keys. They threatened us with the police and promised to do and inventory and compensate us. They said they understood there was a large collection on consignment and acknowledge they were taking that over.
Speaker 1: They told us the same thing they told Brian Mansell that we could fight them, but they would drag it out and make it so expensive we would be putting ourselves into a whole lot of shit. Hmmm, Josh and Brandon.
Speaker 2: They took over the Lego collection and later removed identifying yellow stickers. Brian came to the store a few days later and found Crystal gone, and the new owners said they were unaware of any Star Wars collection. There were reports of a U haul truck moving Lego to the Bricks and Memphigs store in Eugene, Oregon. Mind you remember they got three hundred stores.
Speaker 1: Was Josh and Brandon also owned and on the night that the new owners took over, how much Lego was left and the store was up for debate because it wasn't So this is a Lego heights yeah, not diamonds, not the pink panther. Not care right? Why do people care about this so much? I'm confused as well. I don't know why people care about this? Go to comic con with it?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 1: How you gets? What is the motive? Okay? Continue?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Like like, what kind of squareheaded ass bitch you're trying to impress with these legos? Hold in hands like this, hands can't even pick up shit? Hands just two circles? What's going on? Why are we here? So? Brian later found out that being in corporate had a pattern of seizing stores and grabbing assets. Brian didn't tell Ed that the Legos had been stolen. He didn't want to stress him out during his cancer treatment. But Brian did call BNM corporate and also contacted the police, but neither worked. Honestly, for one time, I'm proud of the police. Police should doing more serious endeavors. If you call the police about some legos, that just should not pull up because like, what do you mean right legos? No, we have to solve murders, and you know they only have like for solve break. Police are not very good at their jobs. I can't solve the last murder you talking about some legos. Hell, we solving more murders on tiktoks than the police are. So Brian did call B and B corporate and also contact the police. We talked about that didn't work. In April twenty twenty five, Brian got the YouTube channel Collecting Weekly to start reporting on the story. So now you're doing to reastot to YouTubers. He's like, I need help, we need to stop this. That's how you can get the word out. But when bricks and men fix, I'm so tired of saying that. I'm just gonna say B and M from this point because men fix. I don't want to fix. I don't want to say that word.
Speaker 2: Don't work like what B and M started issuing like legal threats because of the videos on YouTube, and so then they took their videos down until Reckless Ben stepped in. So Reckless Ben is another motherfucker that we we're gonna introduce your story. Ben Schneider aka Reckless Ben is a YouTube cult investigator and slackliner. Do you know what a slack liner is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I do not, So this is some crazy white people shit. Being a black woman going outside is dangerous for sure. We don't need to go chase a high or a thrill.
Speaker 1: Slacklining is when you extend a rope across like a very high surface, like building to building, mountain to other mountain, and then you tight rope on it. You walk on the rope and the people who do it the best don't even have a harness. They have ever seen free solo No Prisoulo is about a man who climbed Mount capy Tan with no harness, no rope, just climbed it. He could have fell to his death at any point. No, I've never heard of such a thing. You look, and I'm immediately irritated because I don't do stuff like that and never will I don't either. Being black is hard enough. Every time I leave my house, it's a thrill up my leg. When I get home, I'm like, damn, I made it another day. I didn't die literally literally, But they just be doing this kind of shit. They be living on sport mode. They need it. I just can't but continue, Okay, I mean, let me let me stop, let me take my black hat off and listen. Okay, No, keep your black hat on, because I can't unblack my ears hearing this story, because.
Speaker 3: Is you doing that?
Speaker 1: I can't. I'm black. I might title that episode. I'm trying to understand it, emphasize and empathize with the legos and the fortune legos. The math not method. None of the math is mathod we're fighting over over like plastic toys. Wait and so now this motherfucker gotta get involved, Okay, all right. In twenty twenty one, he appeared on the television competition series Go Big Show, where he broke the world records for the most flips on a slack line in sixty seconds, doubling the record so that means he was flipping on that little rope on top of the city. And white people who have now made this a thing where they're like, oh, you're just so many flips on the little tight rope. This is not a thing that people need to be doing, but we made it up, okay.
Speaker 2: So in twenty twenty four, Ben was on the news for filming himself walking a tightrope between two unfinished towers at Ocean Wide Plaza in Los Angeles. So he was hooking his rope up to towers and walking on them and everybody was like, get off them ropes.
Speaker 1: What you're doing, please get down, he's stressing us out. In twenty twenty five, Reckless Men took on B and M. I told you, I'm not saying that name no more. So he went to the Kaiser store and was greeted by a manager, Amanda, and asked about the missing legos. So now you're looking for the legos too. Amanda told him it was a corporate issue and that he had to leave. The cops arrived and removed Ben for trespassing. So this man is so unseerious that he takes unseious things seriously. So he showed up. This ain't none of his business. And he showed up to one of the Lego stores and was like we are the Legos. And then they arrested him and grabbed him and took him out of there. They took him away, So I know I'm exhausted too. I'm like when people are I die about it, like they really mean it. And even if it's Legos, right, like, you don't play about this, you don't play about Legos. But also like we know he's an un serious man. He'd be putting little ropes up to dance on in the sky. He not serious at all. He ain't never had a worry in his life. So the corporate head quarters of B and M. I told you, I'm not saying that name again.
Speaker 2: It's in provo, Utah, and high ranking executives of the company are Mormon because it's Utah, because of course they are. I grew up with Mormons, Okay, Joseph Smith.
Speaker 1: I know all about him. The tabernacle, the underwear, the garments. All I know is very doctor water in the Stanley cup and soaking, Oh my god, the's soaking. That's sex.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they would like if you don't know what soaking is, it's something that the Mormon youth would do because they're not supposed to have caffeine, drink alcohol, have sex primarily all these things right, and soaking was kind of the cheek for the warning motherfuckers who actually wanted to fuck, and they would stick their penis in a woman and not move. They wouldn't have a third person come in. That is so crazy because the jumper, what do you do as the jumper? I would be the jumper. They turned on too. They're just doing a job. The jumpers just said a jump if I would be participating in sex because it's technically a three so this is group sex. Now I want to be naked. I'm gonna be Now. I gotta see your fully clothes the jumper, you're fully clothed with your shoes on, so maximum impact, and you're jumping on the bed and make the tam and the dirt, the dirt particles are crumbing crumbing into my kuci and now you got bb because because your homegirl jumped on the bed with timberlains to help you out sex and now you have dirt in your vandynam. I would definitely be the jumper, like I remember, okay, I remember like watching like remember Cinemax when Cinemax would come skin a Max skine Max. Yeah, and it was like fake porn sex or whatever, and we me and my cousins, we'd all be watching it together, which is strange, but I remember there was always like a lady in the porns who would see people having sex. Like sometimes we would be watching sex court. We watched sex court and the lawyer would come in and talk to the judge and they'd be like, meet me in my chambers, and then they did sex to each other. But then the court stenographer would walk over to the quarters and she would be looking through a window and she was like, oh, y'all doing sex to each other, and then she'd be shocked. But then she'd be like, oh, let me rub my kouchie a little bit, and I'm involved too, and they'd probably be doing and the way I'm like, stenographer, I'm like, ooh, what y'all doing? That was coochie juice all on the keyboard and you wear work somebody lest they type right home, gotta borrow yours aang while the keys sticky because you was over here fapping on the job. Nasty. Yeah, what's that smell when I hit the space bar? A wash? No, this cooshi is water. It smell like nothing. But she had the smell yeah, certain times in the like Cucchi. It's not of the money. I'm not saying stink. Hormonally, it has like Cuchie, it's pheromona, not all the time, only one week out of the month does it. Does it have a pheromone that's stronger. The rest of it is water. You know, she's like a I'm trying to describe it. Okay, I'm gonna walk with you. I'm goa walk with you. I'm gonna let you think because it's not bad. It's guccie. You know. It's not like a loud It's just like Cuchie. It's just all the coochiness, like I'll go for a walk and sat down Like that's loud fermented cushie, but just like a usual dormant Monday Cuchie. How to smell. I've talked about this on the show before. I didn't understand as a kid why in television shows and movies there would be these moments where the woman would be like about to hook up with a man and be like, let me go freshen up, and I didn't know what that meant. I didn't know why the day off. That thing like the day off the guji and some man's is nasty, and they like that, they do. They want a little fermented. I can't. They want the twain that's and they want to look. I don't know. I don't like that. That's why I'm gay. But I gotta be there for the right woman, because you gotta watch your kushi before I get down there and eat it. Like once you like somebody, you kind of like. They sent like when my king comes home from work. I'll be like to come here when your king comes home from work. Mm hmmm. Oh, he went and did his employments. I think that's what you horned me about. He went and did his giant water like he worked. He went to work. Okay, people you're working, don't work. Don't eat Gucci period.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 1: No banks right, yes, Legos. Back to Legos and and Ben who got involved. He visited their corporate office and spoke with their CEO because he's a white man. So he was like, I need to speak to the manager. And he went all the way up to the CEO. And his name is Ammon mcneith. Why are all these names y'all? Where? So Emmon denied that anything had been stolen, and Ammon said that it had nothing to do with the corporate situation. They had nothing.
Speaker 2: He was like, I'm not any like, we ain't do nothing, okay, and he said this is a franchise problem.
Speaker 1: So then Ben went reckless mode. Remember he's reckless Ben. He set up a registered religion in order to run a raffle for the lego sets and try to make this criminal case get to law enforcement. Because doing a is it five oh one c the religious organization that you don't have to pay taxes for. Yeah. He knew that the.
Speaker 2: Government would get involved as soon as money own was involved. As soon as money's involved, he could get the government involved. So he filed a bunch of small claims like cases against the store and the company and the owners of the store. Ben created a mock revival business revival. Now, I know you're a church girl, you know, send a revival.
Speaker 1: Loa, send a re begin and me. So, I didn't know you could just register religion and this this is a family guy with the Church of Fonds. Yeah, Phonsi the Ponzi scheme. Yeah, no, I'm very close to making a church. I'm very close. I mean, since you can just do that. You know you can do that. You can do anything. And I already got it. The congregation we already in church. It's time for me to make a church. So this is the same okay he made this revival business. And the name of it, okay, welcome in the name with it, the name that he made. Irrit irritated. I know you're about to get more irritated. The name of the church is we steal from old people. If you're old, will definitely steal from you.
Speaker 2: In one incident, an actual dressed up as a ups driver and went to Josh Johnson's house in Utah. Josh called the police. The police arrested Reckless Ben on charges of stalking. So Reckless Ben starts stalking people.
Speaker 1: They also arrested him on charges of trespassing and targeted residential picketing, which means that he stalked this man, found out where he lived, and then started hooting and hollering in front of his house, and they grabbed his ass up and took him away. It's the sprinkle legos in this AI graphic for me. People online started making allegations about a conspiracy with a Mormon mafia because Josh's father held a senior position in the Latter day Saints' Church. I know the motherfuckers, gangsters organized religion. Look, I.
Speaker 2: Was raised missionary Baptist. I have a special place in my heart for religion.
Speaker 1: But I do think that the King James version, the Bibles that we get, like it's all meant to subjugate you, like the meek will inherit the earth. Like, oh, poor people, don't worry that we still at your money from you, because when you die, you'll finally when you get to having it to be grand. Then you get up there and it's don't worry about it. Don't worry about it till you die. When you die, it's gonna be lit. Don't even worry about that.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: Gorgeous? Crazy, so reckless.
Speaker 2: Spend has released seven videos about the saga so far on YouTube. The first one has more than six million views. Even hooting and hollering about these legos and let's watch a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: This man spent his life collecting what's now known as the world's largest lego Star Wars collection, and ever it's estimated to be worth around two hundred thousand dollars. And then the entire thing got stolen, and the police are actively working with the thieves to cover the entire thing up. But the craziest part is that the collector doesn't even know that his collection has been stolen. Yeah, the collector's son, Brian, Well, he reached out to me because he has no clue how to break this news to his dad.
Speaker 1: And at this point, my father had a help episode. We can't bring any stress to him. Well, yeah, he's ringing every alarm for these legos, and now we're reaching the end of the episode. So this is the fallout.
Speaker 2: According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Ben faced Ben reckless, Ben, who clearly is reckless. He faced misdemeanor charges of stalking, targeted residential picketing, disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing against two Utahns he deemed irresponsible for the missing lego sets, so he went after them for the legos.
Speaker 1: Like imagine, like, I'm not going to jail for legos. We're going to jail for legos. Is it a lego jail? Is the jail made of legos or is it?
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 1: Maybe then I would go I would like to see a lego jail, Like like I ain't never even bought the legos because all the parents that I know are like, I step on one and it breaks my baby time. I haven't been. I haven't lego in a minute. I have not met in it's quite sometime. In a statement in May, the American four Police Department's chief Cameron Paul outlined four cases against Ben, which ultimately led to his arrest twice and charges against him. Like in March. In a video response posted to June first, Schneider accused the police of lying and hurting his arm during an arrest. In the organ Courts, Crystal Crystal coming back. She's suing B and M alleging wrongful termination because remember they were supposed to sell. They supposed to buy the business from her, and instead they fired her. So now she's sewing so.
Speaker 2: In Utah Courts, B and M are suing Ben and Brian Manziel alleging defamation, profiteering, racketeering, and harassment. Alego Rico allego rico and racketeering is one of the hardest things to define in the scam lexicon.
Speaker 1: Alego rico.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: In June, B and M announced there on their blog that they were permanently closing the Kaiser organ store where Brian Manzel originally entered into the consignement agreement. They made a mutual agreement in quotes with the franchise owners Brandon best And and Joshua Johnson to part ways due to a devastating social media campaign. So vn M, their CEO, am on he's back. He's become an Internet villain. I could I bet Reckless Men's Patreon got immediate content removal requests from BNM. Patreon CEO Jack Conte has publicly announced that Patreon will not be removing Ben's videos. He's teamed Reckless Ben. He's like, we're not taking this shit off. It's doing numbers. And I've never seen the Patreon CEO speak out a boy anything. So he woppd up for being in the Legos again. I maybe I underestimated Legos. I ain't know that Legos was a strong I didn't know Legos got down like that, right, Legos a little bit more real in the game than we thought. And there's an online fundraiser set up been and it's raised more than five hundred thousand dollars for the Man's els. Crystal's own online fund raiser has raised more than ninety thousand dollars. They are here running it up. Don't go fund me. None of the.
Speaker 2: Allegations have improven in court, and some of the facts are disputed by different parties involved.
Speaker 1: Obviously, like.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 1: Okay and all of this. Oh but some god dog one lego.
Speaker 2: I chose this episode for you on purpose, now because because you hate me, No, because I love you and I know that this is a harder one to get through.
Speaker 1: A lot of it's still not making sense to me, But I knew that you would be able to handle it and that you would be able to lock in with me while I just spit a bunch of fucking facts at you, and a lot of them I don't even understand my damn self. Yeah, I'm listen. I'm tired, like my my brain is tired from this. Like what, So thank you for going through there with me. We built this episode break by brick, back by brick leg You better come to with a motherfucking callback. You see what I did there. I see what you are and I live for it, live for it period period. Oh I love you real bad. So I always asked to at the end of the show, where would you like to be found anything, you want to promote, socials, all of that, whatever it is. Yeah, right now, because I finished on my headline for the summer, so yeah, the airport comes out in the farm. Really excited about that. I get they let me be Ryan Cooper on TV who So I'm waiting on my season this because at least it's like you know, but yeah, I'm so seated. I'm so excited. It's gonna be a good time. I'm so excited for it. You're brilliant. Thank you, Thank you. Usually more to such a superstar, it's always more to come with you. Don't even worry about that, sweetheart, It's always gonna come for you. Listen, thank you. I need to hear that because it ain't easy. But yes to buy me baddest Mitch on TikTok. It's smell Mitch on Instagram. And if y'all have following her pages and seeing her comedy, y'all are missing out because get over here. She'd be having me cackling like all the time. One of my favorite videos you did was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Like you were the neighbor to uh Macaula, Like oh the home alone, Home Alone. You were the Home Alone Neighbor one of my most successful videos ever. Like the people ate that one up. It was so fun being across the street. Where are your person asking the questions that it needs to be asked, because truly, no one cares about that baby and you don't see this one up and down by himself and that right, y'all got on a plane on Christmas, right, and let the baby know too much. I love it as always.
Speaker 2: You can follow me at d I V A l A c I DVA Lacey to see my shenanigans. If you want to see the photos from this episode, all of that will be on scam got his pod on Instagram, TikTok.
Speaker 1: If you want to talk to me Twitter like or not Twitter. I don't be on Twitter that much. No mo worried go on go on or not expert plus that go on through its That's what I mean. Yeah, go on through its And you can talk to me on threats because I do be yapping with people on threads now. I'll talk to anybody on there. It is so you can buy my book wherever books are sold. You can listen to my book on anywhere that audio is available, and you can watch scam got us the first season of the show on Hulu. You can watch Going Dutch on Hulu as well. You can go watch my movies on Netflix. You can get to all the content. Go get in, hop in, jump in, and also leave five stars. Listen if you got through this episode and somehow you figured out what I was saying, because I'm a little confused about it, I don't know. I don't even know if I told y'all what it was for real. But if you did, you don't have to spend no money on You don't have to spend no money to support a black woman. Go give me five stars on Apple Podcasts and give.
Speaker 2: Me a nice review, and then go brag to people at dinner parties about it that you supported a black woman today.
Speaker 1: Okay, congregations, stay confused. Today we're gonna be confused. But sometimes confusion is us figuring something out and then we'll move forward with that new information. So I can't even give you an episode label on this. I'm very confused, but I'm not confused about Mail and I'm not confused about her talent. I'm not confused about having a generational bad bitch on my show. Grace and me with her presence, so y'all just enjoyed that, and then maybe trying to figure out this lego story and maybe write me back and tell me what you think and send me some notes cause I don't know, all right, Bye Bye em Goddess.
Speaker 2: Scamcottess is an iHeartMedia and Big Money Players production. The show is hosted by me Lacy Moseley, the SVP of West Coast Productions, Jack O'Brien, Vice President of Programming Miles Gray, and Director of Programming Lindsay Hoffman Oversea Production. Our executive producer is Joel Money. Our senior producer is b Haskins. Ina Burke is SEP of Content, with additional services provided by Mark Canson, Dylan Hunger and the team at Hot Dog Sandwich. Our editor is engineer Justin Conner. Our theme music is composed by Me Lacy Moseley. Cover on photo is Robin bon Swang.
Speaker 1: You can follow the show at Scam Got His Pot on Instagram TikTok.
Speaker 2: If you've been scammed, pulled the scam, or saw a scam, send us an email at Scam gott his Pod at gmail dot com to tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to like and subscribe and tell a Preenh