Speaker 1: The following is the production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Were with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: It is Friday, November eighth, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number sixty five. Welcome to the latest edition Off the Break Life from SWBC Mortgage Studios at the Star. We are presented by lglg's the world's number one OLED TV brand for eleven years in counting. See why at LG dot Com. Forward slash O leed Evo.
Speaker 3: How's everybody doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Excellent? God?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: All right, we had a lot to talk about Cowboys versus Eagles. Will wrap that whole conversation up and get you guys ready for the matchup this weekend. We'll have some injury updates here in just a few moments as well. We got a little YETI time with ag that'll happen in our second segment, and and we'll see where the show goes. If we have time and Amber doesn't talk too much, we will get to maybe some questions from you. Guys already have a couple that have rolled in on Twitter or x or whatever you want to call it, and so maybe we'll get to some of those in the final segment.
Speaker 3: What's up, Ryan, No.
Speaker 2: I had a question real quick.
Speaker 4: Sure, is it okay to start looking at draft film for you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, jump in me to do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I just wondered because I think people kind of are getting in that mode. But I've had people like listening. The season ain't over, So I just kind of wondered what you guys.
Speaker 2: Thought about that.
Speaker 4: Well'sase I've already looked at five guys look at it.
Speaker 5: I look at it in two different ways. Number One, I don't think necessarily like the Break is not about to become the Draft Show right now. We're gonna still We're gonna play this thing out because that's what we do. We're going to talk about it every week. Sure, but that doesn't mean that I don't want the folks that are going to be on the Draft Show to not be working on Draft Show stuff because that may come, that may up a little faster than we think from the standpoint of when we get that show cranked up, right, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's two different things.
Speaker 5: Absolutely good and start watching, but we're not going to turn the break into into the drift.
Speaker 4: Well, I just you know, like I say, I usually start on December first, and here I am starting on November seven.
Speaker 3: Now, they're honestly like, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for the people that are still fighting in the season. You know, they still feel like, hey man, wait till the last game. And I and I respect that. I respect that, but I also see in my reality where I think this thing might go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but here's the thing, and I've I've learned this over the years, and it's how I approach sports now. It's not just with the Cowboys, it's also with the Longhorns. For me, I look at sports as sports is my entertainment, and I refuse to let it become my consternation. I refuse to let it become my problem. Right, And so that means every game I'm just watching to see if I can enjoy something out of that game.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it's nothing more, nothing less, because that's the healthy way for me to be able to consume sports because I've been in a place where I wasn't healthy, man, and it ain't good for me or my family for me to bene.
Speaker 2: Now I know, but every weekend is going to be.
Speaker 5: Yes and by the way, and by the way, that's the way I look at it is that weekend is isolated to that weekend. I'm not letting myself look forward back whatever. I'm going to enjoy that weekend for that weekend. If we win, great, if we don't, onto the next one, Like I just I can't live in that world of being too down about whatever is going wrong.
Speaker 4: I just think there's a lot of fans out there that are there still holding hope, and I don't want to kill any hope. But I'm trying to also get ready for something that might be really really major this spring, you know, when you start to talk about where this team needs to go and stuff. So I apologize if all of a sudden draft talk breaks out on other platforms I'm on, but here we are.
Speaker 5: You know, Well, either way, there's there's a if the season. Let's say the season does turn around. Oh obviously that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Say it doesn't. Let's say it doesn't.
Speaker 5: If it doesn't, then that means you probably get a pretty good draft picks. So then so then it does have some intrigue of Okay, you're up there, closer to the top of the of the draft. How do you get what? What kind of player can you really get? That changes things?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: I think with the I think with the Dack injury, I think that's where people.
Speaker 2: Might have flipped.
Speaker 4: You know it minds you der reminiscent of when we dealt with the Romo injury against Carolina on Thanksgiving Day. I just remember looking at David Hellman and him and man, he goes, we're got to start working on the draft now. We can't. We can't do this anymore. We're not gonna We're not gonna be okay here, you know. And and so I kind of when your quarterback gets knocked out like that, and and you know, listening to to the owner general manager talk on the radio today, you know, there's still kind of debating on you know, he wants to play, he is you know, is it gonna be surgery? Is there no surgery?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: And then see there's just so much of that. There's just no real cut and dry thing. There's so many things still in the air, and it makes you kind of like your season, you feel like it's kind of in the air that way as well.
Speaker 6: Well, you see, even though I can see the clear path of it just continuing going downhill based on what we've seen this first half of the season, especially after Dak getting hurt, part of me and the dreamer part of me there it still comes up with, well, you never know, let's wait until this weekend and see how he, like Cooper Rush looks and we talked about it. It's more I mean, the offensive lineman, those are the guys you're still working with, so that's not going to change for right now. But at the same time, I'm like, there's so many things that have occurred in the past that you didn't expect it to happen, and then it happened. You have so many different areas working against you currently, but at the same time, part of them is just like, you never know. The play calling might change based on you having to adjust with the quarterbacks that you're having to work with, and that could potentially somehow become positive. I don't know. I just keep going back and forth, but that I should learn my lesson though, because.
Speaker 4: No, see the thing about it is, I think the one thing that is not the same as when Cooper Rush was quarterback and is the defense.
Speaker 2: And you said the offensive line. Yeah, I know you'll say offensive line. Yeah. The defense kept them alive, kept you alive in those games.
Speaker 4: It kept you it It made the games where it wasn't always on Cooper Rush. You know, it was like, hey, somehow we're gonna hold this thing to seventeen. Find a way to get three touchdowns here?
Speaker 6: You know, now you're about to get Mike.
Speaker 3: That's what I saying. Can Micah provide that for you?
Speaker 2: What do you think their boss?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think you can certainly, especially the left tackle hole that they have the Eagles have.
Speaker 7: Are we talking about this weekend specifically?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm talking about like this week Look, let's part of this in what the whole conversation what we just said, I think revolves, as Amber even mentioned, kind of revolves around what happens this weekend. Right, you're all your your If they go out and they lose this weekend, then I think there are going to be a lot of people are going to be like, okay, well, whereas there's not really much. It's hard to find the hope at that point. Right, if they go out and they play well and they win, now, then the hope change is to, well, you got Micah back, and Cooper Rush is playing. I would assume if if they win, he's playing somewhat well.
Speaker 6: He's a bunch of division games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's all those things that still keep hope there, keep hope alive. Right, So you know, look, sports fandom is like Christmas. Right, It's like it's the anticipation. It's the excitement of the hope that maybe I'm gonna get that thing I really really want. But by the way, that's right or wrong. I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying that I think for a lot of fans that's what sports is. It's like, that's why every year, the beginning of the season, I don't care how good or bad your.
Speaker 3: Team is projected to be. You're like, there's always that there's always that chance. I think that magic strikes and we are in the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Right ten weeks ago, Slow down, No, I'm saying that's.
Speaker 4: Ten weeks ago we were an ox stard with hope. Yea, Now take it forward ten weeks man, this ended quick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what is without hope?
Speaker 7: I think I think to your point, I think sports hope.
Speaker 2: I never bring the subject up again.
Speaker 8: Sports fandom is more like, uh, you weren't expecting this whole thing to go like.
Speaker 2: This bleeding hearts right.
Speaker 8: I think sports fandom is more like Christmas Eve, because you have the hope, whereas like the fandom itself can sometimes feel like day have.
Speaker 7: The like, yes, it's not necessarily Christmas Day.
Speaker 8: I had to come back on that thought because I was like, I was like, I don't know, I've been a lot happier on instances of Christmas than I have been on uh yeah, fast sports fandom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I just didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know because I I kind of feel like our fan base is split on this right now.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think they really are. I think they wanted.
Speaker 4: I think half the fan base wants to believe that Cooper Rush and the defense and the offensive line and the running game is gonna get going, and then the play caller is going to be back on track. You know, there's that's our hope right now. And then you got me who's like went through those five and eleven seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen it, so.
Speaker 4: I kind of understand it, you know. And I'm not trying to big time anybody here, but you know, I just you just don't. I could say there's just too many signs. There's is too many signs that that the way things are going, that it's and especially losing your quarterback, that's never never a good thing to have to do with.
Speaker 3: That's always the one that can just take the wind out of here.
Speaker 2: That's the one that got me.
Speaker 4: That's the one that got me that you know that maybe you were going to kind of figure out some things, and you know, and and if it was a loss against Philadelphia, I hate the Eagles more than anything, I really do, and so and I dread what's about to.
Speaker 7: Happen, even as a former employee.
Speaker 4: On another they got rid of me, fair fair they didn't they don't know they didn't that.
Speaker 2: They didn't even let us have a chance.
Speaker 4: I mean I introduced him to Andy Reid, and then Andy Reid was there for fourteen years as a coach, just beating up on everybody in the NFC East. You know, didn't even get that well, yeah, didn't even get a chance. I mean, Andy and our neighbors in Green Bay, Jeff Lourry, Joe Banner. They didn't know who Andy Reid was. Like, They're like, hey, well there's this guy in Green Bay you might want to consider. You know, well we get let go what they do next year. The hi Andy Reid. They didn't know Andy Reid who he was. So to me, Yeah, there's there's a side of me that I'm pissed that we didn't get to finish this thing off, you know, with the draft and all the things that we were able to do to kind of turn it around. And you know, Andy benefit from and he's a damn good coach.
Speaker 2: We're seeing it today doubt so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mister Lurry, I'm upset with you, sir. His wife is super nice by the way, ex wife.
Speaker 3: Excuse me real quick.
Speaker 5: I did have another topic I wanted to hit on that Jerry brought up on his call this morning on one on five DOWT three the Fan.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: He was talking about Jonathan Mingo and said he's a DAK friendly wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Says he'll be.
Speaker 2: Involved in that one.
Speaker 5: Off Yeah, right, he'd be involved in the offense sooner rather than later. What would you guys in looking at the film of him and know what you know about him. What do you think Jerry means when he says he's a DAK friendly receiver.
Speaker 8: I was trying to think in my head and Brian, you could probably have a better sigh for it here. So I was thinking size and how it translates to getting him the ball quick because this this offense and Jerry Jones has talked about many times Mike McCarthy about if Dak and operate under that two point three window, then.
Speaker 7: He is at his best.
Speaker 8: And so if he can get a weapon like a mingo who's a little bit more physical, who can create separation in less than two point three seconds, then maybe he sees that as a DAK for an or receiver. That's just me theorizing, though I don't necessarily have the full remedy of what he's trying to say.
Speaker 4: No, I think now you you, I think you went down the right path there. I think he's looking for a big body guy that throws the ball short and all of a sudden it's run after catch. You know, that's kind of his strength. What's this offense kind of become? It's last week it was throw any thing short, and then run after catch yep, you know, so a little bit too much of that going on for my taking, but but yeah, that's why I think that I think you've you've nailed this.
Speaker 8: Aside from the dack point, I was thinking about this last night, just kind of going through what Mingo has done over the course of his career. If there's an opportunity for Trey Lance and Jonathan Mingo to run a read option, y'all might hear me clapping the press box like I might get kicked out of the press box, because that that that is the creativity we're looking for, especially here down the stretch, like figure out what you got in t Lance and figure out what you got in Jonathan mean running game way to do it? Yeah, I think it could be. I think it could be a lot of fun if those two lines, is that your.
Speaker 2: Is that your hope?
Speaker 3: That's where he's open?
Speaker 2: Is that your hope?
Speaker 8: It's not Christmas Eve, it's November seventh for me or November eighth for sure.
Speaker 2: It's all fools days that it's April.
Speaker 5: I've heard this question before. I'd love to know y'all's thoughts on this. Do you think the trade for Jonathan Mingo is an indictment on Tolbert or Brooks or even Turpin or maybe none of the above. It's more just he's just a different kind of receiver.
Speaker 4: This organization will do one thing. There's something really consistent throughout this organization. They will trade for a wide receiver and a heartbeat. This owner is. This owner has always done that. I mean when I work for him, you with the going back to Joey Galloway, Roy Williams, Maury Cooper, he will always try and go get a wide receiver. So no, it doesn't surprise me, shock me any of that.
Speaker 3: It just and it's not about those other guys. I don't think it's I don't think it.
Speaker 4: Now me personally, I think it's so something that they to me, I still like Tolbert better than this kid.
Speaker 2: I do too, I really do.
Speaker 4: So to me, it was it's Jerry and them looking at it and thinking long term, is what I was saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they do need a little bit more physicality in that room. I think there's a little bit of an indictment on the Brooks, Turpin Flinoy part of that room, not necessarily CD and Tolbert whereas like they need a guy that can be an established physical wide receiver three, whereas you know, he has an opportunity to do that.
Speaker 7: The rest of the rest of the way.
Speaker 4: Well, they they moved on from guys like you know Wilson and Noah Brown and people like that that that played that role.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, so I think they try to force Brooks into that role at times. They try to force Flinoy into that role at times in the preseason, and even Tolbert they've they've given him one on one opportunities and sure he's come down with but I think they really do need that guy who can just kind of yeah, buff his shoulders.
Speaker 2: You're in a.
Speaker 4: Situation where we we always talk about this with the how why do you play?
Speaker 2: You're asking these guys to do things.
Speaker 4: They're probably yeah, you know, condense the thing, you know, let them put them in position to make some plays, don't spread them out there, and then maybe played not play to their skill sets.
Speaker 6: I think to me, the way I see it is, well, Brendan Cooks is this is last year.
Speaker 7: It is last year of his contract.
Speaker 6: His contract, so we know wide receiver, that's an area where you very much needed but at the same time, and we've talked about the money, when you look at the off season, you're not going to break the bank on paying a veteran wide receiver to come in here, especially after you just paid Ceedy Lamb. So the way I just see is nothing against the other wide receivers are currently on the list. It's just more them knowing that they're going to have to draft a wide receiver, but now they used one of the draft picks on somebody that has already had some kind of experience around the league or being around you know, practicing and all that stuff. So it just it puts you just a little bit ahead as far as timeline and development than it would if you were drafting a wide receiver right off the draft.
Speaker 4: Can I be honest with you, Yeah, I just hate everything you just said.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I hate it, and I.
Speaker 4: Hate it from the fact about maybe you'll keep them from drafting somebody, you know, when you sign somebody, like you know, when you bring somebody in, you trade for somebody. I think I think bringing in Zeke kept them from potentially drafting a running back.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes it's that And.
Speaker 6: I think I think it's all I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't. I don't personally hate you. I mean it's what I said.
Speaker 3: You disagree. You hate the thought. I hate it.
Speaker 6: Because you value draft so high and so much. But the thing is that I think we're forgetting. Everyone has different perspective and different views and different how you great different players. So again, from their perspective, maybe this is a player that they highly like and and see it so they they see it differently than the value that you're trying to put in drafting another wide receiver. And I don't think it prevents him from even I mean, crap, you have so many positions of need that it limits you there. But at the same time, maybe it's just they clearly value him very highly to be able to give up a fourth round.
Speaker 2: I need him to play well in these games, though.
Speaker 4: I need him to play well, because what will happen is well, you know we do doesn't No, No, He'll still be here and then they'll be the hopium.
Speaker 2: You know, they'll be.
Speaker 4: And and and and you know, one day we're going to look back on this this season.
Speaker 2: We're gonna look back. We're going to look back on the season, and we're gonna say Okay, what went wrong? What went wrong with this? You know?
Speaker 4: And then it's oh, we we misevaluated our own players. We misevaluated. We thought, oh, this guy is going to have his best season. Oh, this guy's going to do his he's gonna his season is going to There were too many to me, there were too many times now where it was, you know, everybody they thought about probably gonna have its best season, probably gonna make that jump probably, you know, And then how.
Speaker 2: Many people really really made that jump? So far?
Speaker 4: We haven't seen it, you know, the Mazzie Smith, you know, Mazzi, he's gonna make that jump. Well he hasn't, you know. But to me, this is where, like I say, the running backs, I use the running back situation, Zeke is going you know, we got Zeke asin the hole, Zeke as in the hole. Maybe we don't have to look at some every one of these running backs that he and I talked about in the fourth, fifth round have come on and played well for teams. You know, they're thinking like, well, we've already gotten Zeke. You know, we've already got We've got Rico Daddle, We've already got you know, please don't be where man, we've got Mingo not going to take a look at that receiver because we you know, oh this guy's six ' three, that Mingo's just like him. Please Mingo play well. But it's still probably gonna happen where he'll be here and maybe it'll keep him from drafting a receiver that might be bad.
Speaker 6: I don't disagree with you, But at the same time, it's like, as we sit here and I'm trying to make sense of the decision they made, that's the only reasoning that comes to mind why this happens. So it is what it is, This is where we're at, and this is what we gotta deal with, and none of us make those decisions, and we just got to sit here and talk about it.
Speaker 2: No, I just that's and you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: The thing that that just bothers me is that you you just sit there and you feel like they put so much on their roster of that guy's gonna that guy's gonna make the jump, that guy's gonna make the jump, that guy's and then you know, they lose depth and then now they're expecting all every one of their players to make a jump. If you, if you, if I went around the room and ask you, guys, what player on this team, what players on this team has exceeded your expectations?
Speaker 7: Jordan Lewis, there's one for se there's two.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that's pretty much.
Speaker 2: There's three.
Speaker 5: I don't think Tolver's necessarily exceeded my expectations. I think he's been kind of what I expected him to be.
Speaker 2: Other three or four guys then, right, Carl, So where was the bar? Right? Exactly?
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We didn't go into the season thinking there was going to be Aubrey there.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's where we're at. That's where we're at. There's how many offensive players did you name?
Speaker 2: By the way?
Speaker 4: I mean, So, that's that's what I'm saying here. You know, they they put all their eggs into man. Our CAP's not very good right now. We've drafted a lot of guys. We're gonna they're having to play a lot of young guys because they're hurt. Their team's hurt, you know, that's why. But they were they were thinking like they were thinking all this about their team. In actuality, their team was right here. That's that's where the that's where to me and then you make a trade, and it's like, maybe keeps you from trying to get the team back up to hear because you're like, well, Mingo, we got this Mingo kid. We liked him coming out, you know, and it keeps you from maybe getting a kid from you know, from another school that might be a little bit better player.
Speaker 5: Well, the difference is it got a shorter time line on this one. It's not going to be like you would do and you normally that could be a good and a bad thing like you do with a normal rookie ye, where you got four years where you got to play that out before they get to that contract. They got two years to figure this out on this kid before he's going to be a free agent. So they got to figure out something pretty quick as to whether he really is a legitimate player or not.
Speaker 8: I got to give this personnel department credit, and I really do respect when people believe in themselves so much so that even they continue to believe whenever they've been wrong, and with how wrong. At least as it appears so far, this twenty twenty three draft class has been for them to go right back to that twenty twenty three board and be like, no, we still believe in our evaluation of that guy and Jonathan Mingo, we want to bring him in and spend forth. I think that's a very interesting point. This personnel department is still very you know, dependent on.
Speaker 2: Either that or you have job security. That's another thing.
Speaker 3: All Right, we're gonna take our first break and we come back.
Speaker 7: Goodn break, We'll go.
Speaker 5: We'll go to yetting time with Ambergarciat. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: Don't put off.
Speaker 7: Getting your oil change.
Speaker 2: Dallas.
Speaker 12: Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out.
Speaker 2: Of your car.
Speaker 12: You can take advantage of Take five's stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration.
Speaker 2: Take five the official.
Speaker 12: Oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 13: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection to day at the Lucasey Store at the Star and Frisco or online at Lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 14: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 7: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 14: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com.
Speaker 3: Check it out today.
Speaker 14: YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the.
Speaker 6: Break at and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is a second segment of the Break Life from the SWVC Mortgage Studios.
Speaker 3: At the Star. It's time for a little Yetti time with Amber Garcia. What do we have?
Speaker 6: Okay? This segment is presented by Yetti the officially like since Yeti Cowboy gear is now available at AT and T Stadium, pro shops, concessions and on yetty dot com. So for this game, it's a little guess who. I'm gonna start off with the quote that I'm going to read to you guys, and then if you decide you want a clue, I will hand you one and you read it aloud. And there's like basically three clues. So but you can only ask for one clue.
Speaker 7: So we're guessing the player that's quote. How recent are.
Speaker 6: These let's just say you might lose Okay, so it's more than two years?
Speaker 7: Okay, first, Oh, hold on, hold on, one more question. Are all these players active?
Speaker 6: Let's just get into it.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, Sorry, lord, I'm trying to frame my mind here.
Speaker 6: I don't know. We'll see how this turns out, all right. I always said my paths talk, My paths did the talking. I don't have to be rambunctious, rambunctious and talk. I don't have to say anything.
Speaker 2: It's Michael Parsons. Um it's not. Oh is that how we're playing? Do I have to guess like that?
Speaker 6: You just guess? But if I have three clues, three more clues. If you guys want a clue, I will hand it to you.
Speaker 7: I certainly need a clue.
Speaker 3: Are these you said? It doesn't necessarily have to be current players. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, DeMarcus? Where yes? Wow?
Speaker 6: How the heck did you get that?
Speaker 2: Boss?
Speaker 3: I'm very good at knowing things.
Speaker 2: What were the clues? Please? No things?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 2: Can you read the clues?
Speaker 6: How did you get that? Though?
Speaker 5: It's not that hard, like if you think about what he just said, like that's DeMarcus. DeMarcus is a nice guy and everybody always wanted him to be meaner, like that's it sounds like something.
Speaker 7: Well, three clues where I'll keep score back.
Speaker 6: None. I'm none for my speed and my power on the field from a small town, you knowl buta ima my skills were revealed.
Speaker 2: So that's that would have got it. I would have given it all right, all right.
Speaker 6: Next one? All right. I never felt comfortable playing dot dot dot those first two years. I was fighting for my life out there. Then they switched me to dot dot dot, where I was a lot more comfortable, and from there my career just took off.
Speaker 5: I remember that from a documentary we did. Did you get it from a documentary we did?
Speaker 3: I remember that from a documentary?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 7: Drew Pearson?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, hold on, okay, let me think who I can give you a clue?
Speaker 5: No, hold on, give me a second. So why just switch positions.
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 7: Thanks appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Clue. Yeah, all right, I'll read the clue out loud. All right, here we go. Did you pick that one for a reason? This is some hard words? Oh? Here we go.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Landry said his performance range from anywhere from spectacular to spectacular. He could outmatch anybody's intensity from game to game because this is from my era.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're going like Walt Garrison, like, how back are we going?
Speaker 3: It's back, It's back.
Speaker 8: I can't guess anymore that have been Randy White.
Speaker 2: From from linebacker to defensive Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, said, never was never comfortable playing linebacker.
Speaker 7: Imagine that happening today? Like Eric, like, you know what right, it's.
Speaker 5: A different game, different bodies, different different body type.
Speaker 6: All right, the competition is what I love. That makes me a lot more tense. Personalities don't enter into it at all. My objective is to get the man with the ball. Nobody better get in my way.
Speaker 7: My objective is to get the man with the ball. Nobody get in my way.
Speaker 2: It's a tank.
Speaker 8: No, I'll take a clue. I didn't run the ball or catch it for scores, but when it came to stopping, I opened the doors.
Speaker 7: That's a bar. First off, Yeah, is.
Speaker 2: That Moose Johnson?
Speaker 6: Nope? Uh?
Speaker 3: Who is the linebacker?
Speaker 2: Is it a defensive player?
Speaker 7: I think it's a defensive guy.
Speaker 2: Open the door.
Speaker 4: I didn't run the ball or catch it for scores, but when it came to stopping, I opened the door.
Speaker 6: I think this last one will give it away completely.
Speaker 8: Well, hold on, say, okay that I kind of thought it was like somebody.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of turnovers.
Speaker 5: I would think because they opened the door to scoring. So are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Was that Evers non Bland?
Speaker 7: He's never said that. Many words in his entire life read from Bryan all right.
Speaker 5: From the sixties to the seventies, I dominated the game and earned the nickname that brought me great fame.
Speaker 3: Too tall.
Speaker 2: There's another Minster that's that's that's Randy White.
Speaker 3: Bob Lily.
Speaker 2: Bob Lily.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, probably my favorite cowboy, full time legitimately cowboy.
Speaker 6: Yeahs, you only got two. I just said, I guess, but you started throwing names, so you're like, let me just guess what that works until going back to the back.
Speaker 2: To the day.
Speaker 5: All right, recounting that for Derk, Yes, we're counting that for sure.
Speaker 6: Let's just go through the roster. Yes, a small quote, welcome to the Mile High City. And I really am what.
Speaker 7: Does he mean by that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Hollywood Henderson, Welcome to the Mile High City.
Speaker 8: Pac Man Jones. No, let me get a clue. Let's see, I can guess. Okay, before I was a cowboy, I played in the South at s m U.
Speaker 7: I opened the playbook's mouth.
Speaker 2: This is Don Meredith.
Speaker 3: Yes, good job, right, all right.
Speaker 7: So you made these little quotes here?
Speaker 3: Of course she did.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm all confused.
Speaker 8: I was like man, Bob Lily, he was poet.
Speaker 6: Yes, the initial quotes our quotes that I just I thought.
Speaker 7: I never Lily is a wordsmith.
Speaker 6: I'm on the board, Brian's on the board.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is bad for me.
Speaker 7: History lessons are not great for me, all right. Born two thousand, we were.
Speaker 2: Losing eleven games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, this is the last one. I was small, but I was, but I was one that was afraid. When you're scared, you can run really fast.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: I was small, scared, but I ran fast.
Speaker 7: No, I'm trying to think of a small player. No, mm hmm. Let's see what we got.
Speaker 4: Though I'm often forgotten, my greatness still stands. They love to have me now with the ball in my hands.
Speaker 8: So it's a running back. It's a running back. Okay, I think that tells.
Speaker 2: The greatness Walter Payton, he was sweetness.
Speaker 7: So he's like a short running back.
Speaker 2: Short running back.
Speaker 7: Julius that big. No, Julius wasn't that big, right. Julies also, wasn't there a right But I don't know if he'd be saying it'd be better than what they have right now with.
Speaker 5: Big Yes, I would take right now, no doubt about it. But for that statement, I'm trying to think of the best running backs in Cowboy's history. Before the stars in Glory, I was the first to show that the Cowboys had a back who could who could go toe to toe.
Speaker 7: So he's a running back.
Speaker 6: That confirms the position is running back.
Speaker 7: You didn't help us there this one.
Speaker 3: Was he a fighter?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: Was he a this one? Will give it?
Speaker 7: What can you tell us? A decade he played in?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 7: Okay, all right here.
Speaker 6: They will tell you the decade right there?
Speaker 7: Oh okay.
Speaker 8: He was one of the best blocking fullbacks in the league, said former teammate Bob Lily.
Speaker 3: Robert Newhouse.
Speaker 5: A fullback that was great. That wasn't Robert Newhouse or or Moose.
Speaker 6: That's what the closes said.
Speaker 7: I am Garrison.
Speaker 8: No here, al was making fun of wal Garrison earlier, and you don't almost ended up being an answer.
Speaker 6: Poor guy gets forgotten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's definitely getting forgetting.
Speaker 2: It President.
Speaker 4: No, Bob, Bob Lily, So that would be like into the seventies. But that's Robert Newhouse, right.
Speaker 2: New House.
Speaker 3: That's that's why I assumed it was new House.
Speaker 7: But Chucky Withers, I don't know. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 3: Sounds give us an.
Speaker 6: How's the same name as the current president elect.
Speaker 2: Don Donald don oh Don Perkins.
Speaker 3: Yes, Wow, Yes, I would have never there's.
Speaker 7: A lissoner out there that was like he's dumb.
Speaker 2: It was Don Perkins Little, he wasn't big.
Speaker 6: Let me see his side.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was here.
Speaker 7: We go, Yeah Don Perkins.
Speaker 3: Yes, but back in the day like that.
Speaker 5: That was an NFL player, Like yeah, it's not like he was out of place.
Speaker 7: Little his first team all uh all pro.
Speaker 2: He's a whole, he's a ring of Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's definitely ring.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Obviously I never saw him play, but.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm glad we got to speak about him today because I think his last year was like.
Speaker 2: Nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that before my birth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well part of history, part of Cowboys history.
Speaker 2: Good job of getting part of history on up front.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought, you know, you got to remember some of.
Speaker 2: The that's important. I lost one. I went for two. You didn't get it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Wow, y'all having to know Bryce Perkins, the quarterback that's kind of been bounced around a few times in the league.
Speaker 7: Last three quarterback. Yeah yeah, it's his great nephew.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, interesting or you know, anyways interesting here.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sheeddy, Thankseddy.
Speaker 5: All right, say our final break we'll come back. We'll get some final thoughts here on this upcoming game. We'll talk about that when we come Backdallas Cowboys dot com rady.
Speaker 17: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Than on an lg O lead Evo TV.
Speaker 17: That's because everything you see is more life like, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines, that's how clear it is. It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 7: No one comes close.
Speaker 17: Lg O led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o lead Evo.
Speaker 15: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 18: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime. Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 16: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica Responses me very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality asurance, message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 6: L g O led Evo is the best TV in the game. But don't take our word for it. Digital, He threw me off, Derek Digital.
Speaker 3: You know about that, Brian, Right, they're not good.
Speaker 6: They're not good, right. Digital Trends said the l g O l G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See for yourself at LG dot com. Slash O Ledebo Welcome back.
Speaker 5: Final segment of the Break Life from the s w B Second Studios.
Speaker 2: Huh, they're giving Austin Eckler the ball.
Speaker 5: Sorry, guys, we've just taken a fantasy football argument onto the air and they're trying to decide. They're talking about trades here, so we're not going to get into that.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about this off the air.
Speaker 5: Uh, Let's talk about Cowboys versus Eagles. Let's start with it. I have some questions for you guys and about the matchup. Looking at the Philadelphia offense, what would you say is more challenging matchup for Dallas when it comes to stopping Philadelphia's passing game, Dallas Goddard or Devonte Smith.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna look at Smith first, but if Dallas continues to show an inability. Now, last week it worked out because you moved some cats. Pitts did not do much one catch and they actually credited nearest receiver was Digs or nearest defender defender was Diggs. If you know, if you're the thing that I worry about with with Goddard is.
Speaker 2: He does similar things to what you see with Kittle.
Speaker 4: The act like we're blocking, kind of delay and then run out in a route or flex out and then cross And I do worry about that. But Smith the post routes, the drag routes, the crossing routes, the hitch routes.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 4: He's a problem and he is going to be a problem. But man, I I would I worry about that tied end too, because you really this last week you were good at it, but previous so that it's been a little bit of a struggle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would go with Smith with the receiver just because of how much you struggle with the cornerbacks. And I think that's another area that the Eagles can definitely try to exploit this weekend. I think with Goddard, like because you have kind of more players around you defensively in that area, you could potentially get more help where you're just not leaving it up to let's say Carson or even Digs on his own over there. So I think I would slightly put him above as a priority for this weekend.
Speaker 7: You asked which one am I scared of more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is a more challenging.
Speaker 8: Challenging matchup for Dallas. Okay, I like the Jordan Lewis Devonte Smith matchup. I think they will both get some wins against each other, but I think I think Lewis can hold his own there. I think I worry maybe a little bit more about Goddard in the sense that you know, I need to see it a little bit more than one time against Kyle Pitts, just because that George Kittle instance was still two weeks ago. So and Goddards had a couple of big games this season.
Speaker 5: So I lean Goddard, which is a more challenging matchup from the running game perspective. Saquon Barkley or Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 8: Yes, I uh uh Barkley, I mean, yeah, Barkley. I think about Jalen Hurts only in the sense that the Cowboys have had issues with quarterbacks escaping the pocket this year. I mean, look at Brock Perdy. It made him look like Jalen Hurts in that game. And then also, Jalen Hurts is playing a lot healthier this year. He's lowering his shoulder again, he's fighting for extra yardage. He's a tough guy to bring down, like if he was a running back, he would be a very difficult task to take on week on, weekend and week out. But Saquon Barkley has just been unreal. I think he's on a pace to be Offensive Player of the Year if he if he continues his s pace.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, uh, when you have a running back that's been so successful, you don't you're not forced to having to rely or put your quarterback in a position where you need him to be scaping or running for his life or trying to get out of the pocket and doing all that and using his running game. I think we'll see some of that because that just adds to the game and it's been a challenge for Cowboys defense to stop mobile quarterbacks. But with Saquon, you don't need any of that. He can handle that job and do it all himself. I think I would put him as number one, but obviously you cannot not pay attention to hers either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My biggest fear was that Barkley was going to go much like McCaffrey leaving Carolina, who's always banged up, and then he goes well, he goes to San Francisco and then he has Now he's banged up again. But he's had some years of some good health, and now here's Barkley. He's getting looks like his health. Usually when the Cowboys play Barkley, he's been banged up or he gets banged up in the game. You know, So I kind of he's the one that scares me because of just Dallas's a bill to really set that edge and play play really good run defense.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get to some picks here. What do you think is gonna happen this weekend? Cowboys versus Eagles.
Speaker 7: Hmm, I've had this weird gat feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick the Cowboys, aren't you.
Speaker 7: I've had this weird gat too.
Speaker 2: I have too.
Speaker 8: I think the Cowboys get it done. I have no reason, yeah to give you why. I just think they get it done. I think they rally around Cooper Rush. I think Michael Parson's coming back will be able to help them in the past Rush for some reason. And look, they could get beat by thirty on Sunday, but hey, I'm seven to one on the year. I'm gonna maybe we can take some chances here. I think the Cowboys win, right, I think they do right.
Speaker 4: I want I mean seriously, I mean Philadelphia is you know me, Philadelphia is gonna win this game. It's gonna be thirty one to uh, It's gonna be thirty one to twenty one. I think they're gonna probably beat.
Speaker 2: Him by ten.
Speaker 6: Unprofessional and totally biased opinion, But no matter what, you will never catch me. And I hope I haven't said that in the past. But I'm just not picking the Eagles. I'm not picking them, even if they are currently in a better spot than the Cowboys. If I'm not picking the Eagles, and you never know, I want to see what Cooper Rush can do in this offense, and I want to see if Mike McCarthy can't adjust his playbook and see what that looks like. But this week, I am definitely not picking the Eagles.
Speaker 8: Okay, can I give you some real hashtag analysis from my thought and this team. They have clawed back into games in the fourth quarter the last two weeks. If they can just play solid coming out of the half, this is a team that can still be capable of beating anybody in the league. You look at the third quarters and losses, You look at the Ravens third quarter, you look at the forty nine or third quarter of the Falcons. Those are three games right there where if you just play average football you have a chance at winning those games. You go from three to five potentially to the six and two type of outcome. Yes, you don't have your quarterback in this situation, but the Eagles haven't seen that quarterback in two years either, So I I do feel like there's playing well in.
Speaker 7: The third quarter.
Speaker 2: Make sure it will keep you in this.
Speaker 8: Sick Sirianni will keep you in the game. That is, that is always a fact.
Speaker 5: All right, I appreciate you guys. Jonas will be back on Monday.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, yeah, Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I'm like Ambro, like, there's no way I will ever pick the Eagles forteen.
Speaker 3: I know, absolutely never picked the Eagles anything.
Speaker 2: I hate that somebody on the shows.
Speaker 3: That's fine, go for it.
Speaker 5: I make lots of the points, but when it comes to I ain't never picking the clip that.
Speaker 7: So when the Cowboys went on Monday being we could.
Speaker 4: Play this weird thing, and then all of a sudden, I'm like, you know, like I ain't doing that.
Speaker 2: Pat McAfee, get me Alabama.
Speaker 7: You know they're using your brain.
Speaker 2: It's right.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you guys joining us back on money will take you right it wrong for the Cowboys. So that for Nick Carris, Brian brought us ambergar Se. I'm Derek Eagleton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.