Speaker 1: And That's what You Really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what You Really miss podcasts. This is a very special fan audition Kevin.
Speaker 3: Jenna.
Speaker 2: Since we started this podcast, we've wanted to talk to as many fans as possible, yes and get them on here and talk to them. They have a lot to say yes and so we're getting to have another great round of interviews coming up. We're starting with the one and only Alexa, one of my BFFs on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Unofficial AKP on Twitter. We have both coming.
Speaker 1: We've inter intertwined ourselves with Alexa through the years. She gets it, she gets the sad tire, she gets the show. She knows, she knows all and if you haven't seen her without context on on Twitter for our every episode that we post, which is amazing, go check them out.
Speaker 3: They're brilliant. Enjoy Hello, Hello, how are you? Whatow?
Speaker 4: You guys are sweating?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, don't be sweating. You're fine.
Speaker 4: I did show off my air conditioner for this.
Speaker 2: Nothing is worth that. Thank you for being here. We've been very excited about doing this episode.
Speaker 4: Are you literally thank you for calling me up. It's my it's my big leak debut. You guys, thank you for calling me out.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to face your wrath in my Twitter DMS. If we did an episode any.
Speaker 4: Listen, you would have.
Speaker 3: The mount.
Speaker 2: I just want to like to say, Alexa has a lot of secrets that I have told her.
Speaker 4: I do virtual NBA.
Speaker 2: She's offered up ever NBA, and I was just like, listen, I will. I just i' vent to her sometimes and you can keep doing that because I sold every time. I don't know if Jenna would approve of this, but here I go.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 4: Jenna doesn't walk onto Twitter anymore.
Speaker 3: I know, correct, she's smart. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well Twitter's more wild now than it was back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure it's crazy. I just I can't save yourself. Well, welcome to the show. We're very excited to have you.
Speaker 4: For having me, I'm very excited to be.
Speaker 3: You and Glee go way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to say the least, I feel like you're not old enough. I feel like, correct, that's not even like possible, But I think it sort of is.
Speaker 4: Well, I was I was of because I mean, you know, Glee really did span that huge target audience where it was like who is the target audience? Everybody? Yeah, So I was on the younger end the spectrum. I was nine when Glee came out.
Speaker 3: Did you start watching it immediately?
Speaker 4: So? Yes and no. So I was allowed to watch it because all my friends were watching it, and so I was like, mom, like this this new show Glee music and almost like cool, like let's watch together. We watched the first couple of episodes and we were like, yeah, this is great. Then then Quinn got pregnant, so.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, interesting, done and I was like no, like let me, but all my friends continued to watch it, so.
Speaker 4: At their houses I would watch it. I remember, like I have a core memory of being I think I was in fourth grade the season one finale aired, and I was at my best friend's house the next day and she was giving me a play by play about what happened, and she was like she was like, Quinn had her baby, she gave it to Rachel's mom, like Rachel's mom adopted the baby. And I was like Rachel's mom dads, like what. I didn't have any of the context. I just had like the story and like I would listen to the music I had the merch. I had this like actually horrendous, like it was like Glee merch, but it wasn't authorized.
Speaker 3: Let's say like merch.
Speaker 4: I'm like, actually it was like actually crazy because I also remember like wearing this to like gym class in middle school and it was like the you guys are gonna die. Actually it was. It was from the store on the mall. I don't know how familiar you guys are with Delia's before she went down. It was horrifying. It was a it was a shirt and it had the Peanuts characters on it. It was also lime green. It was shar truths like literally horrendous, had the Peanuts characters on it, and in the Glee font it said original Glee Club Delia's it And I have I looked it up, like not that long ago, because I was like, surely that church didn't exist, like I fever dreamed that. Yeah, and like it and someone was selling it on like Mark or something. So I do have a picture of it, and oh, yes, horrifying.
Speaker 2: So I can't believe there was like bootleg Glee merch.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, so much. I mean the people are still making bootleg Glee merch.
Speaker 3: That's just me. I do that out of my garage.
Speaker 4: Like red bubble, like it's like Glee merch.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: But I did have the official stuff from like Claire's Yeah, oh yeah, my first laptop had like Glea stickers all over it.
Speaker 3: So now, what at what point did you watch the full show?
Speaker 1: Like did you go back and watch like season one and learn about Rachel's mom.
Speaker 4: Yes, I started from the very beginning, like years ago, but okay, once since my mother had deemed me age appropriate to you know, watch the show. And then I watched it and I was like, this is like so not like the demon show that you were expecting it to be when yeah, you know, but also like I had all the stuff, so I she got me one year for Easter the Glee Encore DVD that was just the music videos, no context.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So my siblings, who are not Gleeks, they loved Run Joey Run because they didn't know anything about it. They just saw the video. They didn't know who those guys were, they didn't know who those girls and the angel Wings were. They were just like vibin to the beat.
Speaker 3: They were like because of all songs.
Speaker 2: They're not They're masterpiece. It is comedic gold.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 4: I don't ride for rend Joey Run like some people do, but I can respect it. I can respect what it did for society twenty ten.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because I just like, I just Jenna, if you can put yourself on the couch in front of the TV and that video comes on, Like, can you imagine, like if you can just take yourself out of it and objectively see Run Joey Run, I would die, Like that is the craziest thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I would. I don't know it was.
Speaker 4: It was it's better without contacts, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what doesn't show you don't really need the context.
Speaker 4: I also like had no idea, like because she had, like Sandy Ryerson in the video, had no idea who that was until like I watched Glee and I was like that first time he came on the screen, I was like, that's the guy, and Rojoe Run got it.
Speaker 2: I also love that you were getting like your version of Glee was like a game of telephone, like you're being told what was happening.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I wasn't like sneaking around like at my friend but like I was watching there and like not telling my mother when I got home, So like maybe I was sneaking around.
Speaker 2: I think it gets a Ryan Murphy. You and Chris Colfer have that in common, because he would sneak around and watching him Tuck pre Glee there you go and not tell his parents, and so it's a Ryan Murphy rite a passage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The shows are always just a little in appropriate for.
Speaker 4: Kids, a little edgy, a little out there. Yeah. And then when I did like fully re watch it, I became like insanely obsessed with it, and I was like, you're literally to blame, like to my mom, like, yes, if you would let me watch this during my formative years as everyone else did, I would have been over it by now.
Speaker 2: Let's see a lesson to parents. It's like when you tell your kids don't party and be crazy, those are always the craziest kids in high school.
Speaker 4: Oh true, exactly. It can be careful and like the my sister has like never seen the show all the way through. She's seen episodes if I'm like forcing her to watch whatever. She's five years younger than me. But we were in there not that long ago and listening to the radio, like not even on the Ox quart or anything, and the actual dog days were over. Florence Machine came on the radio and she was like, this sounds so weird. What like who's singing this? And I was like and I was like, oh my god, she's only ever heard Jenna and Amber.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic, And yeah, job, great, you did a good job.
Speaker 3: That's really funny.
Speaker 4: That's air for you.
Speaker 2: But okay, so you watched the full show pre pandemic. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So how do you feel any sort of because the pandemic brought like this whole new wave of fans. Do you feel some sort of like protectiveness or like ownership of it or you're like, yes, welcome, welcome in.
Speaker 4: I'm a gatekeeper before I'm anything there. You go, yeah, I well, I'm like, I'm glad you guys are here so that the show like remains relevant and we can like continue to have the fun. But like you guys were coming on with your opinion like on these tiktoks, I'm like, you guys don't allowed to have these opinions if you weren't there. Like I've seen like tweets lately where people are like, like, what we're not going to do is called Glee, like a cultural like shift. I'm like, well, where were you in twenty ten?
Speaker 3: Right where?
Speaker 4: What did your Macy's windows look like? At your mom because I remember.
Speaker 3: I looked like, wait, those are every Macy?
Speaker 4: Yeah they had the collection.
Speaker 2: Didn't we go see it? We did, but I thought like we were in La. I thought it was like they did it at the Beverly Center in LA. We went for this like launch of this Dailey. They had questionable.
Speaker 4: Little clusters of mannequins in there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I don't think I realized this was like also with Claire's.
Speaker 3: I like went to high school.
Speaker 2: Like thirty minutes outside of LA and Santa Clarita, and I remember going to like back to my local mall like a year after Lee came out and walking into Claire.
Speaker 3: And like, what what has happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why? Why?
Speaker 2: Why are our faces here here? And think I realized it was everywhere I was in New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: So my Claires that I went to in my movie theater that I saw the concert movie in New Hampshire, So that's like the Woods to me. I don't know about you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely. I can't believe that everywhere.
Speaker 1: What was it about the show? Do you remember when you watched like that hooked you? Was it like the music or was it a character or was it both?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What was it both?
Speaker 4: I think like and I also do really think that Glee was like this completely other, like in its own in a league of its own kind of teen show where it was like, it's not like a Gossip Girl or Wantrey Hill, Like it's completely different from like those high school experiences that we're seeing and like that, you know we had grown up watching or whatever. I think it was like the that and I'm a huge fan of satire, Like I love it. I got it from the start, like with never taking the show to be years, which is another reason with like the TikTok Era pandemic leaks.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you guys, yeah, yeah, they don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm like astonished, you got you guys, don't cat rigel Berry like live, Oh my god. But yeah, I think it's like it was just completely different. I do love the music. I'm not proud but not ashamed to say that my Spotify rapped what my Spotify rap looks like every year.
Speaker 1: It's astonishing crazy, Oh my god, although this year my top song was not so it was new all though.
Speaker 4: So I did see Shuck ten times. So that's my question in itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about that, because you just posted about handing Grant a Dodgers hat on the street. You've seen Grant.
Speaker 4: Several times as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you support all the Glee peeps in all the ways. Yes, you practice what you preach.
Speaker 4: Come to New York and do something. Get on that stage game mc gail.
Speaker 3: Yes, we want to get him there.
Speaker 4: Yes, ye, yeah, yeah, there will be a marketing campaign.
Speaker 3: Okay, there will be ephants.
Speaker 4: You guys have to see it, like you come see it. He's phenomenal. I just saw it for an undisclosed number of times since it opened this past weekend with my best friend. She came and visited for the weekend and she wanted to go see Grant obviously, and I was like, he must know that, Like there are like probably a good amount of Tony voters in the audience tonight because this was the best he had sound like wow, And maybe it's just because we're like, you know, a month into the run and like the nerves have probably died down a little. But he sounds fantastic, so good, and the show is like so good. And I was a huge fan of the book, didn't love the movie, but the musical great.
Speaker 2: I want to see it so badly, Jenna, we need to go to New York.
Speaker 3: I know, we really do. It's fun a reason to go.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about your year without context stuff on X or on Twitter or whatever it is. Now, how did you come up with this? Because they're really brilliant and how long does it take you to do them?
Speaker 4: Well, I do listen to the podcast the second they drop to give me time to think of this because stuff before I treat them. I don't sleep specifically, Yeah, Wednesday nights and Sunday nights don't sleep. Tonight won't be sleeping. But I listen to it and kind of as I'm like whatever listening, if something comes up, I'm like, oh, there it is. I'll like either like write it down in a notesapp or like spread it into like a Google search bar and then like close the app so that I can like come back to it. But I'm like, very, I don't know if this comes to surprise, very like business brained, like for someone who has a degree in science, Like I have no business training, but I do operate.
Speaker 2: I'm like that Brandon runs through her veins.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that like that like screencap from Sex and the City, like the very first episode or something where it's like Samantha was a New York inspiration. It's like public relations executive, unmarried woman, like that's me. So yeah. I was like, but also I watch a little bit of reality TV, and so the Bachelor posts people would do them all the time, like oh, like this week's episode without context or whatever. And when the first episode of this dropped, I was like, that could be fun. And then the tweet like kind of took off a little bit and I was like, well, are we doing it again? And now it's been like over one hundred and fifty episodes.
Speaker 2: Every single time, and they are so good.
Speaker 4: So much are really good.
Speaker 2: Those graphic design skills are lacking phenomenon.
Speaker 4: Andrews are so good mine.
Speaker 2: They're different, they have their own lane. Yeah, they both exist.
Speaker 4: They're like good in like a satirical way, like they're supposed to be bad.
Speaker 2: You're doing Glee way exactly. No, for sure, and we appreciate you doing that because them, thank you. I'm we see them, we talk about them every single week. They're phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Some of them are better than others.
Speaker 3: I will say, well, go for our episodes, so.
Speaker 4: Right, clicking post and like not my best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we get out of the zoom, like how did that go? How did that go?
Speaker 4: I'll like, talk Habby who you're having on I'm texting her in the middle, like she listens at the same time as me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, yeah, you're like, this is not their best work either.
Speaker 4: That's never the thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, what I want to talk about like actual Glee for a minute here. Let's start with, like your favorite unhinged storyline. Do you have one of those?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, of course I love everything Ross Washington, but I feel like that's basic at this point to say, now that you finished.
Speaker 3: There's never established truth.
Speaker 4: So Washington is great. I love I love like I don't. I'm not a season six fan, but I like who is? I like the insanity of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, like there.
Speaker 4: You guys probably don't even know this happened. There's like a there's an episode where the Glee club is trying to find like perfect whatever songs to sing that will like I think Sue is like judging the competition or something. I don't know. They're trying to find songs that are going to like basically mess with their head. And so Kitty hays Becky in like twinkies and stuff to give her the passwords to Sue's computer, and she goes in her hard drive and like finds all of her like emotional songs and as, and that's their set list. And as they're singing it, you have a montage of Sue watching the last like whatever three presidential elections where like Republicans lose and it's her crying in front of her TV as like the screen is like yeah, like I'm yes, it's horrifying. What it's crazy? Yeah, And it's like her in her living room and she has like it's like very if Sue is here today, like Sue, you can imagine what Sue's living room would look like. It has like flags, posters, she has like dolls, hats, merch whatever, yeah, surrounding her. She's like sitting in a recliner watching on the TV. And it's like you could see the decades difference in it where it's like goes throughout like all the Republican losses and she's like crying and like kicking things or whatever. Crazy love it.
Speaker 3: Sue is cue. She is que of Q and on fame. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: Who wait and you won't get here for a while or did you get here? You're gonna be like, wait, oh I heard about this one.
Speaker 2: I'm amazing, so excited to watch these coming seasons because I haven't no especially season six. Season six, I mean there's not a single there's a mem wait, what season was it when Cord was on the side of a bus?
Speaker 3: Five of sick?
Speaker 4: Really, I will die on this hill? Also, so okay, hear that, everybody. I love season five. I also don't hate season four, so the season my favorite season's change. I do like two and three are like two is quintessential Glee to me, and I think it probably is too too. Like I always said, like if I could show someoney one episode of Glee, it would be duets, like, yes, that is Glee, and like when they had it on the office and they're like, let's watch Duets, Like that is Glee. So I feel like that's just like the perfect you know, aside from the pilot, like easing people into that kind of thing. Love season two, Love season three, then probably season five, and that's gonna I'm gonna get some haters. I also like, don't have an issue with the like split whatever point of view is between like New York and lima yea. But I also like, maybe the reason why I don't really care that much about like whatever where people have like the fanfare about hating these seasons is because, like my favorite characters were still at McKinley song like, whoa, we're getting free time. So I was thriving, right okay, And I love a season four or five Tina unpopular as well. I love her. That's my spirit all season four and five Tina. When she gets that like little annoying piva moment.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like secretly encourage her to just be like, yes, the crazy yea, be the crazier.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was gonna say, like the the like most more like random her lines or her like random outfurst. So like when she gets a little whiny, I'm like, yes, like I identify with Tina co and Schang today.
Speaker 1: Yes, I finally felt like I was she was thriving in that in those moments even if it.
Speaker 4: Like I liked it, she got a little personality, and yeah, exactly, I was here for it.
Speaker 3: If you were your favorite characters.
Speaker 4: Are You're gonna ask me that, Kevin McHale, I just need to hear it, Artie, Sam, Tina larn Santana, Like.
Speaker 2: Did you have issues with Artie's questionable things?
Speaker 3: He'd say, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna get on my soapbox again because I said this on Andrew's podcast, So when that comes out, we're gonna hear it twice. Okay, everything every time people are like, okay, ALARTI had like a couple you know, lines here and there, but like what character didn't first of all, especially the boys first of all, and I think had more than all of them combined. But he was given the screen time to correct his actions.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: That's what I said about that. But also like a lot of people like to like come back to oh, already in Power Madonna, how he like was calling Tina woman or whatever. You guys all conveniently forgetting that there's an apology scene in Powered Madonna because I remember it like I watched it.
Speaker 3: And it was favor It was my favorite scene to shoot.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, well you little did you know that nine year old me was going to go grow up and remember that scene?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And there's like there's like a bad one coming up that you guys are going to watch. But listen, if we're gonna bring Laradie down for that because there's no apology scene shown, Okay, we're gonna bring already down for that. We're also bringing Sam down for that. But that's okay, my business.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I think this is your business is my business, and.
Speaker 3: You've made it.
Speaker 4: You get on there. I make a lot of things my business. It's kind of actually a running thread. I'm here and you're like a lot of things my business that are my business.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate that someone's got to. I was just gonna ask who your favorite guest star was.
Speaker 4: I do. I love everything Gwyneth Paltrow, I love Holly, love Kristin Chinaman. Obviously, I know. I just know that when I get off this, I'm there's gonna be like a guest star that comes off Shyne Jackson, Hello, Hello, Bohmer, Hello so good. I also loved like getting to see I like it getting to see like the characters like Home Lives, Parents, Katie Sagal Hello, and I'm like have you then? I guess that's kind of like a question that I have too, where it's like when you guys had grant On right, You're he has like imagined this kind of like backstory for Sebastian that he came up with. Did you guys ever do that, Like did you guys have Like you're like, oh, well, like when Tina goes home, like hmm, like what does he have siblings? To already have siblings? Like that's the kind of stuff that like we're as fans thinking.
Speaker 3: Of, yeah, but like, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think where's the separation there?
Speaker 2: Like I had sort of built I think, oh my god, purely based off of like talking to Brad and Ryan and Ian, like I think in those early days, like the first season, like we would ask them questions about that sort of thing, or like Ian a lot of times would sort of but yeah, and I'm thinking this and would just like spout out ideas and so like for me at least, I would just like grab onto those be like okay, yeah, So if he thinks maybe already has a brother or a sister, then like that's just new information I'm just adding into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think the only children. Yeah, it's she on TV to be only children. That's really it's like a whole.
Speaker 4: Class of only children. I know, it's horrible children.
Speaker 3: That's right, very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some things would be like made up on the spot, like Tina co and Chang's last name was because Ian liked Ushkowitz and like it like that it had it was a very confusing thing when you look at me. So he made Cohen Chang. When I was signing up for my audition at for a glee club. Uh yeah, I think we created like a little bit of backstory. I did it in my audition as well. I also created some backstory because Ryan was like, we don't really know who Tina is, can you tell me? So I like made it up on the spot in the room.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy? I remember you coming. I went telling me that. I was like, thank god he did not ask me that because I did not have an answer.
Speaker 1: Well, I did the work though. On the plane on the way to my audition to l A. I wrote it down and I had it in my mind, and so he asked, and I was like, I am thank god, thank God.
Speaker 4: So who would have been Tina's parents if she like they had.
Speaker 3: My campaigned for Sandra from my mom.
Speaker 1: That was the one that I had campaigned for because Grays was so big at the time, and right, you know, like obviously Sandra, so that was that's who I wanted for her mom Insane died. I figured we weren't going to meet Teena's parents, like we barely know Tina, but like.
Speaker 4: Some people wanted to meet Tina's parents. Yeah, yeah, and Kevin, would Harry Connick Junior have been your dad?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's actually been weighing on me for a couple of years now, and I needed to know the answer. So I'm glad we well.
Speaker 2: The Harry Connic things started to happen to members. I was at Disneyland with Danny Kane once, Oh my god, this is a different lifetime.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will question it.
Speaker 3: This is the boy band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you look like Harry Connick Junior. And I was so offended. I was like, he's old. I was like sixteen. I didn't know what he's like.
Speaker 3: He's great, but I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't realize I'm fully on board now. And then when christ and Channaman came on Glee. She said the same thing, like, what is it? What singers they keep telling me? I look like Carry Connick Junior.
Speaker 4: And then when you listen to Harry Conic Junior, You're like, got it?
Speaker 3: I got it. I was like cool.
Speaker 2: And when I ran into Katie Sigal and I met her for the first time, she immediately wanted a campaigning to be on the show. I was like, oh, I mean it was up to me, yes, like please, and so then very quickly it's like, Okay, Ryan, Katie Sigal, Harry Connick, what can we do about this?
Speaker 4: My best friend Zoe is going to be obsessed with this because one time we were in the car and I said that and she was like, what are you talking about? No, And I was like yeah, like literally, yes, yes, one question.
Speaker 3: She said that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need to take what she's saying seriously, because yes, everything she says serious. I was gonna say, it's the word of the Lord exactly, like I remember exactly where I was standing where she was. I was just like gob smacked, like it's happening again, but it's Kristen, So I really not that the girls and Danny Kane, aren't you know, also great, but yeah it was a different thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yes, okay for sure. So you said this season four you don't.
Speaker 4: Hate I don't hate it. I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: Are there any highlights from season four that you feel like we can look forward to because we really we were warned, as we've said before, and I don't know, I don't know what to expect. I have good memories from season four, but I.
Speaker 4: Think that the only people who wrote in and were like season four is bad or like it's all downhill or whatever. Are people who like hare strongly about maybe the characters who we don't see as much in season four, or like just really love those first three. And I also love those first three. But I'm like, I don't. I think that we still have so much left to come. That's like fantastically comes to mind for myself.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Wait back to a different question, when I was like, who's gonna be my favorite guest star? Ali Stroker?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we didn't get enough Ali Stroker, and.
Speaker 4: I look forward to the day that she is on the podcast. Yeah, I met her this past year.
Speaker 3: She's very nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, So yeah, back to that Ali Stroker, But I'm looking forward to that episode the like wedding that isn't wedding love it Girls and Boys on film the following I will die on that hill for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Right uh.
Speaker 4: Old time rock real danger Zone. Some of this is what I'm talking about. There's some good stuff coming. That's what I thought. That's like a top that's probably my favorite mash up like that. Yeah, I'll say it. I'll go on the record zone.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: You know what I need to start doing is holding glead debates.
Speaker 3: Oh it's good.
Speaker 4: Oh you mean every day of my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we'll moderate. We'll have yeah, exactly, yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: That's three appers right there.
Speaker 2: We can do a three hour long episode too.
Speaker 3: I mean we could.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to hold you to that. I'ld you to lots of things is being recorded.
Speaker 2: I just decided before we get I do want to thank you for all the baseball content.
Speaker 4: Literally welcome. I lived to serve.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 4: But are us come to Dodger Stadium, K and I because I'll be there because I'm fine over.
Speaker 2: So I literally woke up this morning. That was the first thing in my brain.
Speaker 4: Because you said home run.
Speaker 2: You were like, exactly, Yeah, incepted me in my sleep.
Speaker 3: It's like, I gotta get dreams.
Speaker 4: Me and I don't know if you remember Morgan from a couple of years ago club house Morgan and I are going to kill there, requested that p t O.
Speaker 5: I was like, moment, all of your interests so varied, you know, so I'm very multi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, scientist and a branding expert, into sports, into Glee.
Speaker 4: I'm literally a catch you guys. This is a dating app.
Speaker 3: Literally, this is a dating podcast. Get her, guys.
Speaker 4: So many interests, you guys, so many.
Speaker 3: I'm so versatile. Have you thought about a Glee reboot and what that would look like in your mind?
Speaker 4: It's not happening. I'm that's sorry, not happening in my opinion. And I every time you guys get outd that question by somebody or whatever, I'm like, it's not happening. So what do we do? And I also don't and maybe I'm in the minority of this. I don't want a Broadway musical. They're making Smash into a Broadway musical right now. That's I'm sure it's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: That makes sense. That makes sense that makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 4: It's because I'm like, what are you going to do? Are you going to focus on like one episode? But then are you going to like bring like have oh a girl's versus boys number? But are you going to do like Halo walking on Sunshine with a boy's number that wasn't from that season? Like that's gonna mess with me and I don't want it. So but if we are having it, then Jane Lynch Haster can be sue mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I mean would you be angry if there was a reboot?
Speaker 4: No? It? Okay? Who are we casting?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Are we casting?
Speaker 3: It have to be new It.
Speaker 4: Would have to be new kids, but they would have to like and it would have to be a twenty two episode season. I'm not falling for this ten episode.
Speaker 3: Streaming good luck. It would have to be you're not getting to make twenty two episodes? Got to be Nobody would pay people for.
Speaker 4: Network abbot elementary. We were ushering in a new era of television in the post streaming world.
Speaker 3: Well, Glee wouldok very different because budget would be a lot smaller. True, that's why it would have to be an HBO, so.
Speaker 4: It's not happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, it goes.
Speaker 4: On HBO, they'd be it'd be like euphour your musical.
Speaker 3: That would actually, we can't, we can't.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a question that I have actually like musical episodes of shows, right, oh, yeah, Grey's Anatomy, I think the Flash and Super Golden. Do you guys, are you guys like like looking down on those like like this isn't as good as like whatever Glee when they're like, oh it's so hard to do whatever and you guys like we did that every week for seven years, or are you guys like that's really difficult and like kudos to those doctors for like really singing that Brandy Carlisle.
Speaker 2: I think my initial thought is always, especially in those shows, because it usually happened when they have a big like musical cast, like a lot of people have done theater and things. I guess you're right.
Speaker 1: Matt Ray's Anatomy, But I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I feel like, usually I hope that's like fun for them. I hope they have a good time because they're gonna get to do it. Once, even if it's hard, it's it's always weird. I think it's but people are making long seasons. You got to come up with some so like, I get it, right, I definitely like yeah in that way. Contextually, I think it's strange, but I think why not have fun? They try something different. I think it's probably having been on a show that did twenty two episodes a season, being able to do something as a one off that is so different is very liberating. Yeah, I feel like it's probably just fun for them to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very hard to be successful at it when you only get one shot at it. That's what I think. But I do think that the creators of all of these shows who have done them, like Josh did it, Seana did it obviously, and then like you had like.
Speaker 1: Greg and you know whoever is show running those shows, they're all musical fans, so at least there's like the element of people they Yeah, exactly, They're like Ron, I'll want to do a whole series of Glee, but.
Speaker 3: I'll do one episode may as well.
Speaker 1: I don't particularly like to watch them as much, right, but I'll watch them.
Speaker 3: But they're tough to do. I think. I have a little bit of empathy for them. I'm like, right now, that's.
Speaker 4: What I was kind of expecting. Yeah, But I also think that, like, as I loved the Gray's Anatomy one, I also think that that probably factored into like me liking Glee so much. Mm my, Like, yeah, when I finally got along to like watching the later years of Glee as opposed to like the first couple of seasons where I feel like it was pretty public domain and everyone kind of knew what was going on. Yeah, yeah, I probably was like, well, love that Gray's Anatomy musical episode. Let's see, let's see what they're doing in over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get you, I get you. Okay, before we let you go, What is the feeling that Glee leaves you with?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm very obviously happy, hopeful. I think it was like very I saw a tweet not that long ago that was like it was the true like personification of like the Obama era. It was very like felt very like we were moving in a different direction than we had been. We're really focusing on inclusion, really focusing on like giving you know, power and voices to those that weren't that much heard that much in the media. Yeah, and I think that it was like a very like telling of like the times those early twenty tens, you know, very a very hopeful time. I obviously like when I'm thinking of that, I'm thinking of the like friendships that I've made because of this. All my college best friends were like we randomly bonded over Glee because two of them her overheard like were eavesdropping on me and another one that we ended up living together for three years.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, So I'm like, crazy we hadn't had Glee, Like what I have lived with those girls?
Speaker 4: What I even knew that there were a year older than me? Like what I like, what would I what would my college experience have looked like?
Speaker 3: Right, I wouldn't have Jenna's right exactly.
Speaker 4: Hello. But also like I'm like a huge kind of follower of that like butter fly effect where I'm like, Okay, if I hadn't watched, like, would I be here right? Like, would I be studying that? Would I be have made these friends? Would I have wanted to move here? Like blah blah blah. So I mean, very positive for me. I think back on it very fondly. In fact, I don't think that far back on it, because I'm sure I'll watch an episode tonight.
Speaker 3: No question is which one?
Speaker 4: Which one?
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't know I.
Speaker 4: Should probably Yeah, I think the last time I watched like several episodes in Christmas because I just my annual watch.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: I can force my dog and my mother to watch with me.
Speaker 1: Well, we're so grateful that you came on the show, that you've been intertwined, twined and connected with us all of the all of these years. We really appreciate you, and you're very funny, and we really enjoy your presence.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much for.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: And you haven't seen her out of context Glee recaps on Twitter. Yeah, you need to go find them there. Tell everyone your handle, what are your what's your handle?
Speaker 4: Okay, my Twitter is we recently did a rebrand unofficial A k P A k P is my initials unofficial because these are not authorized tweets. Then my Instagram AK Pascucci A k P A s U C C I TikTok not on as much unofficial dot aka Pascucci Italian.
Speaker 3: You please follow me. Everybody follow follow Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks for taking all this time today to really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: It's good to see you.
Speaker 4: Good to see you, guys.
Speaker 3: I see you at Dodger Stadium. I'm holding you to.
Speaker 4: And I have a good chap. Thank you, Bye, guys.
Speaker 3: Bank Bye bye. She knows all, she knows everything.
Speaker 2: She speaks the truth, and I have to buy bought Dodger tickets or I feel like.
Speaker 3: She's got to go. Good night mad Well you guys. I hope you enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: We are so grateful to Alexa per coming on and talking to us about her experience with Glee and how que came to her life and affected her and she's just so funny.
Speaker 3: So we love Alexa, Thank you so much. We started season four next week, So Gay, tighten those belt buckles. I don't know what I'm saying, but you need to loosen those belt buckles. Loosen the belt buckles, tighten them up, and then get ready to loose them. Maybe just it pops off. So season four is about to pop off. See you next week. And that's what you really.
Speaker 2: Miss Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave US five Stars, See you next time.