Speaker 1: It's another jewbile phone frame Mornings on the twenties. Hi, Kelly, Hey, Kelly, this is pe Deacons up at Corporate HR, just giving you a call because we received an email about a check problem you're having.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Getting the problem. I haven't met you officially yet, but I look forward to the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So what seems to be the ish.
Speaker 2: Well, I was supposed to have my first direct deposit hits on Friday, and unfortunately it just hasn't come through yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, nope. You obviously nobody's talked to you yet. Huh.
Speaker 2: They said to reach out to HR.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, okay, Well, I'm not sure if you know, but the company has made a few changes to our payroll system just for the next few months.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, let me know what they're yes, because we're headed into the fall season, and you know what that means. I'm new So unfortunately, no way, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It means you know, Halloween and all the fun festivities that go around that spooky time a year and the fun time of year. Yeah, so you have not received your check in direct deposit because also I don't know if you've heard this, but the company's having a little bit of financial setbacks. Okay, okay, and so we've decided to incentivize our paychecks a different way.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: I'll just get to it. So basically, we have some budgetary issues and instead of doing layoffs and things like that, and especially since you're a new hire, half your paycheck is going to be delivered like, not direct deposit, That's what I mean. And the other half should be in there. I'll get that handled though, but you should. You'll only get half direct deposit. The other will be on your desk in a few days. I'm sorry. How does so I'm getting half a paycheck.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's delivered to my account, and half a paycheck will be in candy corn.
Speaker 1: Sorry, in candy candy corn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not money.
Speaker 1: Well, at this time of year, I think candy corn is a better currency than money. Yes, we decided to Sorry you are you?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry to interrupt, but I just want to be clear. So what you're telling me is that I'm getting half a paycheck.
Speaker 1: No, we're giving you a full paycheck. It's just that half will be direct deposited in cash, and because it's that time of year, the rest is going to be a treat, So there should be a big bag of candy, corn and some chocolates and stuff like that on your desk in.
Speaker 2: The next financial payment.
Speaker 1: Well, it just depends how you look at it, I guess, but yeah, I'm looking at it that way.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how.
Speaker 1: This is the most.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I know I just started here, but this is like crazy. There anybody else I can talk to?
Speaker 1: How would you like a five thousand dollars bonus.
Speaker 2: In casher and candy moron?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can see the eure upset, and I will not allow you. Yes, I can, yes, in cash, but that depends on if you're going to sign up and win the costume contest we're having in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: I need to talk to someone else. It's ridiculous. I don't know what kind of clown you are, but I cannot cannot speak to you anymore.
Speaker 1: Have you signed up for the costume contest? Because there's a five.
Speaker 2: Thousand I haven't, and it's probably not even cash. Given the financial complications that you're referring to.
Speaker 1: Okay, just to be clear, is it the candy corn that you're having an issue with.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's the candy corn, because you're offering paint your boy candy, not in money. I knew it talks someone else.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I knew it. You're a jolly rancher girl.
Speaker 2: I don't know you're bossed, but I need to talk to them. I can't be talk to you anymore. I'm not getting paint in candy corn in dream a stupid costume contest. I think here if you fire me.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, in that case, I'll just let you know that your mom said yep for this, and this is actually a prank call. This is actually Jubil from the Jubil Show doing a phone prank on you, and your mom set you up. What it's a joke. She said that you told her about how you just started your job and there was an issue with your direct deposit and she wanted to mess with you.
Speaker 2: So you're not going to try to pay me in handicorn?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this isn't real. This isn't real.
Speaker 1: No, it's not real. It's not.
Speaker 2: Offering a kid corn and
Speaker 1: Wake up every morning with jubal phone pranks,