Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong in Shoe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and Key Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Former New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick will reportedly not be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame during his first year of eligibility, but he still plans to continue dating women during their first year of eligibility.
Speaker 1: Is the dating shot? That is such a dumb thing, Such a dumb thing. Now, I guess the whoever's in charge of the Hall of Fame is looking at booting out members that didn't vote for Belichick.
Speaker 2: It's just just really dumb. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're doing some sort It was.
Speaker 4: A protest against the cheating jack deflate gate. How could you forget that video taping gate or whatever. The guy has eight Super Bowl rings. He has double the next closest coach in NFL history eight super Bowl rings six six is the head coach, and too his an assistant.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's just dumb. It's dumb.
Speaker 1: They didn't They don't like him for variety of reasons, because he treated the press poorly and and didn't give him answers and didn't play the game, and the whatever grumpy lobster boat captain.
Speaker 4: Deserves to be in the h o f Come on, of course, come on, it's a hilarious question.
Speaker 2: I've never been to the Hall of Fame. Have you been to the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should go sometime. I always wanted to as a kid. Watkins's underwhelming as the rock I found the rock and Roll.
Speaker 2: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but you know I wouldn't like go to Cleveland to see it. And hell no, if you're in Cleveland, go ahead. What else are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Anyway? So, speaking of grumpy older men Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump, William Holman writes for the Wall Street Journal, and he was actually writing about a handful of things, but he addressed in a way that I found enlightening. Your the answer to your frequent question, Jack, will we get back to a more normal feel of politics in the post Trump era inevitably comes?
Speaker 2: I now believe No, I'm beginning to believe. Yes. Oh, I hope you're right and we'll be wrong.
Speaker 4: Will lead up to that, he's writing about the whole Davos thing, and he said, lacking in last week's Davos hysteria is any sense of politics in that Trump's address was a stump speech for channel flickers at home on the way to dropping the Greenland threat that he so typically parlayed into global attention.
Speaker 2: Guess who else is a politician?
Speaker 4: Every national leader in the room in Davos, who all have voters back home. Mark Carney could not have bothered getting back on his plane unless he found a suitably viral way to express what Canadian voters were feeling about mister Trump at the moment. So that's what he did. He unloaded a blast of a speech. And yet NATO will survive and stronger because the Allies are worth having now because they're beating their game up William Rich. But anyway, say what you will about the Davosites, they are worldly types to understand regression to the mean, which is a fancy term for getting back to normal. More or less, the next US president won't be anything like mister Trump, most importantly, lacking the license he gave himself to behave the way he does by being Donald Trump in public.
Speaker 2: For forty years before he became president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I buy that. I mean true, Nobody's going to come into office with the persona that Trump built up over many, many, many many years. But Jade Vance could be pretty close and behavior. Yeah, yeah, well, let's let's get to that. Let me lay out his reasoning. Then we'll we'll analyze some of the players. B Oh, here it is.
Speaker 4: Nor will the next president's way be paid by the political gold that mister Trump got from the idiocies of Adam Schiff, Rachel Medeow, James Comy, and the Biden's Joe and Hunter, who might as well have been on the Trump.
Speaker 2: Payroll, No kidding.
Speaker 4: Nor will he or she benefit from the nakedly commercial ratings based codependency of mister Trump and his cable TV detractors, also a product of his unique career path. Here, every waa a second, he or she you need to have a pause for laugh after that? Oh stah, will you pig shit pig peg peg female president. At every opportunity, headline writers to find mister Trump as an outlier, a norm breaker, an offender against all that is holy, That is, until he opens his mouth at Davos. Then he becomes alarmingly synonymous with the US. But Dava's sites aren't fulled. They know that Trump is not a country of three hundred and forty million people. They may even know a bit of electoral history blah blah, b not worth going into the history. Essentially, the US will return too close to the mean soon.
Speaker 2: I hope, see I'm saying, And it's not on all things.
Speaker 4: Anybody who well right, whipping up hate and fear and indignation to raise money online will not change. But his argument is essentially, and anybody who's like actually taking physics could probably explain this better than I can. But I was doing a little medicine ball stuff at the Jim the other day, you know, And if you throw the medicine ball at the wall at twenty miles per hour, it comes back with a certain amount of energy. If you throw it at the wall at fifty miles per hour, it comes back with much more energy. I think it takes Trumpian energy to generate anti Trumpian energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I meant is I hope some things don't return to the mean. I'd like calmer, more gentlemanly conversations.
Speaker 2: I would like to go back to that. I think that'd be good for everybody.
Speaker 1: But I don't like returning to the mean means and NATO goes back to not funding their militaries and counting on the United States to do all that depends.
Speaker 2: I don't want to return to that mean for instance.
Speaker 4: Right, my hope, which will probably be dashed, but I'll hold on to it. I'll cuddle it at night to help me go to sleep, is that there are very smart people.
Speaker 2: And JD. Vance is a great example.
Speaker 4: Of this, who is watching and listening and learning and saying to himself, if I can do the seventy five percent that's productive and lead off, leave off the undisciplined twenty five percent of Trump's Act.
Speaker 2: I hit a home run.
Speaker 4: Marco Rubio could pull it off. Jade Vance could pull it off. I think I hope that that's what's happening well, and again, this my wishes might be the father of my thoughts here. But I'm seeing a lot greater visibility of the Josh Shapiros and the Rams Immanuel and moderate sane Democrats who are convinced that a return to something like, you know, gentle minliness and reaching across the island is what the American people want, I hope, so, yeah, I don't know if you go ahead. Well, I was gonna say, speaking to Joshapiro, We've got a pretty amusing clip from him as long as his name came up.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, why don't we go ahead and do it?
Speaker 4: He was being interviewed on the Raging Moderates podcast, speaking of moderates, and it was he was asked about the Biden administration and big government programs and that sort of Thing's thirty five Michael Josh.
Speaker 5: Biden Harrison administration didn't provide those specific tangible things that people could see or feel. I'll give you a very specific, concrete example. One of the biggest things holding back our rural communities is a lack of high speed affordable internet. Some people call that broadband. I've got two hundred and forty six thousand homes and businesses without it. I was incredibly proud of President Biden when they got that Infrastructure Bill passed to provide the billions of dollars that were needed to plug everybody and connect everybody in Pennsylvania. And do you know how many people Scott this many years later have been connected to high speed affordable internet thanks to President Biden's law in Pennsylvania zero because the dollars were never driven out.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the whole abundance thing that some Democrats are working that you know, we have lots, but we need to figure out it's not the programs are bad, we don't implement them.
Speaker 4: Properly, right and or you know, something we're railing about all the time. Josh Shapiro, who's the governor of Pennsylvania if you don't really follow politics, is saying, yeah, we like spray out this money, but it doesn't help the people.
Speaker 2: We're just handing out the money to hand out the money. Yeah, that's that abundance book.
Speaker 1: That's one of the main things is that we you know, we're not being effective. We have these policies and then nothing ever actually gets fixed, which is not a bad argument, but it you know, I'm not on board with all these pulsa.
Speaker 2: I don't think WiFi is a.
Speaker 1: Human right, so not you know, don't know that I need to pay for everybody else's WiFi.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the general principle though, is I right love, I love to hear people, absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's also a problem if you go to the gym and you have a coregasm, the danger of coorgasms and more importantly, the danger of clickbait and stupid stories coming up.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait a minute, So work from our friends at rough Greens. Rough Greens supports your dog's health. It's long term health rough by providing live bioavailable nutrients including essential vitamins, minerals, probiotics, and digestive enzymes and omega oils. It's all about supporting immune defense and slowing age related decline like your inflammation, your joint problems, muscle health, that sort of thing, not to mention brain function which I could use some help with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a live thing, live vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, omega oils, all that sort of stuff. You put it on your current dog's food. You don't change your dog's food. So and you can try it for nothing or just pay the shipping. Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great, it's a free audition, just pay for the shipping. That's are you f f Greens dot Com like rough are u f F Greens dot com. Use that proco code Armstrong. Don't change your dog's food, just add rough Greens. Watch the health benefits come alive wolf.
Speaker 2: Coorgasms.
Speaker 1: This is one of those dumb clickbait articles I want to talk about and with a greater significance. I think that I've seen three times already today because I guess you'll work your core at the gym and it rhymes with ore, which is the first part of orgasm, and then you got a hot chick and claiming that you know, you know how this holg baang works.
Speaker 4: Yesterday at choir practice, I almost had coral. I mean, what are you doing here? What is this New York Post? I assume it's the.
Speaker 2: New York Yeah, and the California and the New California Post.
Speaker 1: We got that another not so dumb stuff on the way.
Speaker 6: He's going to face serious charges and the fact that the spray may have been harmless, it doesn't amount to it not being a threat. Someone who comes in with a fake bomb is still charged with serious criminal charges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was saying yesterday.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have, especially since nine to eleven, we have so many different sorts of terrorism and charges against a you know, threatening or attacking public officials. That guy could spend if they decided to prosecute.
Speaker 2: It, a long time in jail. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a seriously stupid move. Bet he's completely nuts an they nuts or a half whit?
Speaker 2: Yeah an idiot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, coorgasms aren't as rare as you.
Speaker 2: Think, Joe. They are.
Speaker 1: So you got this obviously hot young woman because that's the only part sort of person that starts this sort of thing, and she has hundreds of thousands of people who follow her on Instagram, and you people are morons.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely paste eating. Don't ever talk to me morons. If you follow.
Speaker 1: Influencers like this, you only get one life.
Speaker 2: Are you aware of that?
Speaker 1: And you spend any of your time looking at pictures of somebody like.
Speaker 2: This to see what she thinks about things? The hell is wrong with people?
Speaker 4: Well, they're a certain percentage of the population are dim wits. God, i'd say, but but why are you offended by that?
Speaker 2: Tim Witz need dim witted entertainment because I think it gives us that right.
Speaker 1: I think it gives us the culture and politics that we have. That people are too dumb and spend and paying attention.
Speaker 2: To crap like this.
Speaker 4: I would like to have an honest discussion with UH, and you'd never you could never get it going. But ask you know, democratic activists, really, any activist, any political consultants.
Speaker 2: Do you think people who are really dumb should vote?
Speaker 4: I mean people who, through no fault of their own, do not have the intellectual capacity to understand any of the issues or how governance works.
Speaker 2: Should they vote? No, they should not.
Speaker 1: So this UH leads this hot young chick who was an influencer, says she was at the gym doing leg raises, and after doing about ten leg raises, you know, like for your year year year, you're well your core. H. I started to feel a tingle in my body. I thought, surely that's not how it's meant to feel. I was sweating and could feel a similar sensation to what I'd normally experienced in the bedroom. As I noticed the climax building, I panicked and had to stop. I don't know if my heavy breathing was a giveaway to everyone around me. Nicknamed coorgasms, exercise induced orgasms are fairly rare, but certainly not unheard of. According to doctor Debbie Hebernik, a sex researcher and the author of the Coregasm War, estimates that roughly ten percent of people have orgasms. Have you either had one, Katie, or been in a gym and heard one obviously happening?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Two rows over? No, No, I have not, I'll have what she's having.
Speaker 4: As the joke goes, there was not a single sentence of that that wasn't bold.
Speaker 1: They generally feel similar to orgasms from vaginal intercourse, but they tend to be more dull, less intense, and more tingly. Well, apparently you've been with me, says the sex researcher, who has a workout book going right anyway, So just the existence of this sort of thing makes me so sad. Was it Barnum who said a fool and his money are soon parted?
Speaker 2: Or is that like an ancient I think he was? He was a sucker is born every minute. Wasn't that all right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But anyway, a fool and their attention are soon parted ought to be the modern expression, which might be more time, which is actually more valuable than your money, because you don't get the in your time limited don't spend it on in influencers.
Speaker 2: How much time have I got right here, Michael, I'd say you got about three months looking at you? Okay, how about now three minutes in this segment.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I don't think I've talked about this on the air. It's turned out to be just such a pain. So when we left New Orleans, we traveled. We each had backpacks we took on the plane, and then we had one great, big giant bag for our other stuff that I actually checked as we were traveling around over our Christmas break. And then when we left our fabulous hotel in New Orleans, for whatever reason, left the giant bag in the hotel, got it all packed up and everything, and left it there. We got we got out of the uber at the airport, I was like, who's got the big bag? I thought you had the big bag because my son and sons I'd always have my son's pullet, and neither one of them had, so anyway, it's on me. But so none of us had grabbed it out of the hotel. I felt like a complete idiot. Was hoping that this was not something that couldn't be dealt with if I called the hotel and I said, I feel like any and it said, you know, it happens. You wouldn't believe it happens all the time. Every single day we deal with this. We have a routine, so we we we FedEx is right downstairs, so you know, blah blah blah, FedEx will contact to you, paying me.
Speaker 2: You get it shipped home.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, not a big problem. Doesn't arrive when it's supposed to arrive. The tracking is weird. It's like, looks like it's going places and it's not supposed to go. I probably should have intervened there, but anyway, never shows up. Call FedEx and uh start asking about the tracking number and they say, uh, we we don't know where it is. I said, what do you mean you don't know where it is? We don't know where it is. So you're gonna have to contact the shipper. Why do you have to contact the shipper. You're gonna have to have the shipper. Shipper look into this. Well, I'm kind of the shipper. I paid for it, But did you drop it off? No? Well, you're gonna have to have the person that dropped it off call. Why do I need to do that? Because they're the ones that instigated the shipping, but you had it at one point. It's right here in your information. You had it, and you have the tracking number, and you were sending in around places. So the thing that had that tracking number where it is, You'll have to ask the shipper. And it just kept saying over by the way, in a thick accent from some other land. So think that I could barely understand what was going on. And it took me like twenty minutes to finally get to the person, and I went, I've gone through this over and over and over again. And I contact the hotel and they're like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: We said, what do you want us to do? Yeah? Exactly. The Hotel's like, what am I supposed to do about this? Yeah? We did our part, yeah, yeah exactly. And I paid for the shipper and I can just get no.
Speaker 1: And so then you do a claim and I don't know if you've ever done this in before, but a claim and I could get a maximum.
Speaker 2: I've got like probably in.
Speaker 1: Terms of clothes, shoes, the bag, about three grand invested in this. I can get a maximum of one hundred dollars back if I have the receipts for everything in the bag.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but I don't have.
Speaker 1: The receipts from my boots that I bought four years ago, or my jeans that I bought last year.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the stacks of receipts in the filing system you would have to have to actually have done that. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I have to post the receipts to get anything back, to even get the one hundred dollars. So it's basically service good luck. It's what they say to you if you ever lose something. Just a heads up if you ever do that.
Speaker 7: Armstrong and getty. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Palell on the Central Bank's first interest rate decision of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: In support of our goals today, the Federal Open Market Committee decided to leave our policy rate unchanged.
Speaker 7: The Federal Reserve taking its time bringing interest rates down and seeing little urgency with government data pointing to slower job growth but a relatively low unemployment.
Speaker 2: Rate and inflation EBBG.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the whole interest rate thing, and then you know, you still see the independence of the Fed because Trump has obviously pressured the guy a lot, and they didn't do what he wanted. He wants to lower interust rates interest rates because that tends to fire up the economy. Funny thing about and we won't get off on this because it's a long boring thing. But I've been taking any more information about the whole FED and how there's just no justification for it. Constitutionally, it shouldn't exist. Yet everybody thinks it's a weird beast, but everybody thinks it works really well, and it has worked well, and the world really respects it.
Speaker 2: So but it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: And monetary policy really shouldn't be in the hands of politicians.
Speaker 1: Well, it definitely doesn't make sense that it's part of the executive branch.
Speaker 2: But Trump can't fire him.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any sense, and it reminds me weirly he can actually legally probably, but just traditionally it would be breaking with the independence, which it.
Speaker 4: Would cause enormous economic shots like all over the world. It reminds me of like, you know, the French system, where you know you're married, but you have a lover and it's just not spoken of, but everybody knows what's going.
Speaker 2: It's a lot like the FED is. Since what's the justification for that? Should we don't talk about that?
Speaker 1: There are very few things in life, and it's tough because you know, you got to have you gotta have boundaries, You gotta this to make everything work. But I can't think of hardly anything in life where there's not one squishy area where there are exceptions that that are hard to justify within all the older rules and boundaries you have, sure, and it's just the way life works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gray areas and exceptions to the rule. Yeah, yeah, makes the world go around. So does literature. Folks. That was a clumsy transition, but Jack, I knew you'd be thrilled by this. I came across a rather whimsical article in The Atlantic written by a fellow who participated in get this a twenty five hour live reading marathon. Marathon live reading of Moby Dick. Oh wow, hundreds of volunteers who did five minutes each.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 2: I'm rolling on and on for twenty five hours. I think that's awesome. I would participate in that.
Speaker 4: I would watch sentenced an inmate to listen to that. The Supreme Court would knock you down, well and unusual.
Speaker 2: I love literature too.
Speaker 1: It's dying, so I would like to fight for keeping it alive, maybe one more day. None of these books are going to be read in the future. And by the future, I mean like in five years.
Speaker 2: None of them.
Speaker 4: By the way, charmingly, it's this takes place at the.
Speaker 2: Whaling Museum in New Bedford. Is that a state? Is a mass I think? Yeah? Probably? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not super good at my Northeastern Yeah yeah, Massachusetts. Uh. And just one final note on Moby Dick for anybody who's ever read it or tried to read it, is there another book at once so good and so bad, so thrilling and so boring, so authentic to the currents of the soul, and so hideously contrived, so stunningly patrolled by dream like visions, and so crushed by its own intellectual baggage. Who's that's I agree with them? Who's I agree with them completely? That's the guy writt in this article of jam Yeah. Anyway, another note from the world of literature before we move on to earthier matters.
Speaker 2: Oh, this piece of crap. Hang on a second.
Speaker 4: Let's see Shakespeare was a black woman Jack. As it turns out, I'll be darned the whole Stratford on Avon White Fellow with the funky beard thing.
Speaker 2: No, not correct.
Speaker 4: According to this new we're supposed to take it seriously. Intellectual university something or other, which is life FROs out my.
Speaker 1: Computer sun Hamnet, which is a movie that's coming out right now.
Speaker 2: Oh about Shakespeare's Son, Yeah, gosh, dang it, all the particulars. Yeah, I can't get the computer to work. There is a shame, a crime, shame.
Speaker 1: My plug for literature, and you know, to each their own, but there. I don't know if there's anything I get more enjoyment out of than good literature. I don't don't know if there's a single thing that I get more like feeds my soul and wanting to be alive than good literature. M But it is a dying thing. Nobody's going to read in the future, except for maybe the very quick sub titles on your TikTok video. If you can't quite understand what the person's saying, Yeah, you have literature. I like to doom scroll through Twitter. I get the same thing exactly. Nothing feeds my soul like doom scrolling through Twitter.
Speaker 4: Nothing makes me more in touch with why it's great to be alive than doom.
Speaker 2: Scrolling through Twitter a.
Speaker 1: Series of inaccurate, overwrought opinions of people with malfeasance on their mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah for profit, carefully selected by algorithms to piss me off.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Nothing feeds my soul like that, right, right, Okay, so this stupid thing finally open.
Speaker 4: This new book entitled The Real Shakespeare, identifies the Real Shakespeare as the historical figure Emilia Possano, a poet with connections to the Tudor court, who is a mixed race Jewish woman. Apparently, but because mankind insists on white men being credited with the great works of art, she was shunted aside in the credit given to an uneducated interloper from Stratford upon Avon, the halfwit William Shakespeare, who was then revered by posterity, because the idea of a white genius was preferred to a black female playwright, the book argues. The book's author, Irene Coslt, is a feminist historian, and she says if Shakespeare was a female of color, this would draw attention to issues of peace and justice in society. What if women had a pivotal role in civilizing impact in history? But they've been silenced, belittled, and erased from the dominant narrative.
Speaker 1: This fits in with something I've talked about many times. I think he's dead now. Harold Bloom, who is one of the leading scholars of Shakespeare in the world and was a Yale professor, and he had said back in the nineties he was going around given speeches that there's literally nobody teaching Shakespeare anymore except through the lens of how it was racist or you know, anti woman, or that nobody's actually just teaching it as great literature and art, which it has been the dominant form of for you know, half a thousand years. But now it's only being torn apart in a way of how awful it was because it was a white, straight male And that was in the nineties. And so that's why I'm saying this sort of thing is dead for a variety of reasons, not only our attention span, but none of the great literature. You can't teach it in college because most of the time it's white straight men for a variety of reasons. Right, it's held up only for ridicule in that amazing what cultures have ever done this? Were they themselves like this.
Speaker 4: Right, And the point of critical theory, if you've ever read about it, is to destroy everything through completely unfair critiques of it. You know, Shakespeare was a black woman, and people are like completely befuddled, and then you say, but it's known he was a white man. What do you mean by known? I find the term known problematic. So the white narrative is what you know. That's all you know, isn't it. And people are like, uh, um um um, why are you yelling at me? And that's the way critical theory gets over. It just criticizes everything until people are either exhausted or completely flabbergasted and they pull back.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Did you have more on that topic? I could talk about this crap all day, but I.
Speaker 1: Could a couple of I think I think that matches up that what you just said. I think it matches up with some sort of thing when people become successful enough, apparently you can just start to feel guilty about the fact that I'm kind of comfortable and successful and way a lot of people in the world aren't. So it makes me feel a little uncomfortable, and so you marry those two things to get for some reason, you end up where we.
Speaker 4: Are right, Yeah, that's a good point, and you know, it's especially prevalent. We've seen this over and over and over again among people. People who grew up with money went to the seventy five thousand dollars a year boarding school in upstate New York or whatever.
Speaker 2: Like when we went through Mamdani's cabinet the other day.
Speaker 4: They all went to schools that were, like, you know, even adjusted for inflation, like five times the tuition of the college I went to.
Speaker 2: For like their fourth grade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just these incredibly expensive elite boarding schools or whatever, you know, Eastern private schools. Because I know, speaking speaking for myself as a guy who you know, we had food on the table and all and a roof over our heads, but we're not wealthy at all. I don't have any guilt whatsoever that I made fairly comfortable, not even like for a second. No, no, ever, those kids who grew up that way, a lot of them, shame not feeling like water off a duck's back, Michael.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that should be studied more. More people should speak out about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel guilty because I was a rich kid and I've always had it easy, and now like I just fight every day, the fact that I feel guilty about I didn't have to earn this, so now I'm trying to tear down the system for some reason.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yeah, that is an interesting psychological malady that those people haven't.
Speaker 2: Very common, oh, incredibly common throughout history. Yeah, oh interesting. I actually I'm looking at the clock. I've got some.
Speaker 4: Good news about Americans in America are a lot more sane than you'd get the idea from the media. A great victory in court for free enterprise, and a poll that reveals you could people were never really in the minority at all speaking sanity during the woke apocalypse. So we'll get to those two things in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: That dude, they got shot the other day, a new video came out. If you haven't heard about this, we should like describe it in detail, because we haven't done that. I think it lends a lot of interesting information to the whole conversation and the way it's looked at. So you know, that's the hot spot that is Minneapolis. Maybe we'll get to that now or three. Stay with us. Got some texts about my situation with having my package lost basically and how little they care the shipping company, but we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 4: So the Free Beacon polled the twenty Democrats who were most likely to run for president recently. We talked about this earlier, asking basic questions including should transgender girls be able to participate in girls' sports? They phrased it that way so they you know, I never used that term, but so that they might get answers. You leave, transgender youth under eighteen should be able to be placed on puberty blockers and hormones. What's your response to the question can a man become a woman? That sort of thing? And almost all of them declined to comment at all. Only three responded, Joshapiro, Ram Emmanuel and Pete boodh Edge Edge and their answers are not particularly interesting. But the Economist YouGov poll just came out and sixty seven percent of voters oppose biological men competing in women's sports and only twenty two percent support it. At twenty two percent or delusional obviously, But if I.
Speaker 1: Think those twenty think they have to say that, I'll maybe give you eight percent of people who actually believe that.
Speaker 4: So at the very very least, it's three to one. At the very least. And indeed they found out that forty three percent of Kamala Harri voters oppose allowing men in women's sports. It's a plurality, it's forty three to thirty nine. So it's not a majority of anybody who thinks that that that's right. It's amazing idea right.
Speaker 1: Given the coverage of it, or how scared politicians on the left are to say that out loud, it certainly doesn't fit in with a national opinion on it.
Speaker 4: Virtually, I mean practically, all the coverage of girls having balls spiked in their faces on the volleyball court and being badly injured, of getting bullied and hurt on the basketball courts, of all the examples that losing out on the medals in the track meets in Connecticut and other states, in California, blah blah blah. Virtually all of that coverage of those injustices was in conservative media.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of what I used to say about illegal immigration many years ago, long before Trump ran for president.
Speaker 2: I'd say, because we'd look at the polling on it, and even close people hated it. Legal immigration absolutely hated it.
Speaker 1: And but but everybody, including Republicans were we're scared to say it out loud.
Speaker 2: Because you'd get the whole racist thing and you anti brown person.
Speaker 1: And then finally when somebody came along who was willing to say it out loud, freaking legal immigration's awful, we need to stop it.
Speaker 2: Big gets a.
Speaker 1: Nomination, gets elected easily. I think there's gonna be similar. Maybe Rama Manuel's a Democrat who's just gonna say out loud what practically you know easily the majority of Democrats think no, no, no, no, you can't have boys and girls sports.
Speaker 2: That's nuts, right, And he's gonna get the nomination easily, right, right.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that dynamic of the vicious, vocal activist minority cowing others into silence, not us, as you may have noticed, but others. Uh. And then a stray thought to connect to the next story. When we were talking about, you know, being successful, having more money than you need, and some people feel guilt over that and decide to become a Marxist for some crazy ass reason, and we don't what I'd meant to throw in. One cool thing about having more than you need to pay your bills is that you can support things and people and organizations that are doing good in the world.
Speaker 2: It's one of the great pleasures.
Speaker 4: And you know, among those organizations, we love the Pacific Legal Foundation, the Goldwater Institute. They're a handful of others that are doing great, great work around the country advocating for liberty. And the Pacific Legal Foundation are longtime friends. Had a great, great victory that I've been meaning to talk about. Here's your story. A fellow by the name of Parker Noland. He was in the Army, had a medical discharge, and he's a go getter. He set his sights on starting a small debris hauling business, targeting underserved construction sites in his county of Montana, Kallispell, Montana.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I go so much. I don't go or get so somebody who does both is amazing to me. I'm a come giver. Come give me something. Anyway.
Speaker 4: He secured alone. He bought a few dumpsters and a specialized truck. He posted ads, he made the rounds, he worked tirelessly, and of course, in the land of the Free in the United States of America, within a few days, the state shut him down because and this is something Tim Sander for our friend has been fighting against for his entire adult life. The Montana Public Services Commission issued a cease and desist letter, telling Parker he couldn't haul construction debris without first obtaining the infamous Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity, a con a government permission slip that, in practice gives the current waste companies the power to block any new competition. Yeah, in case you don't understand this, and he can look at all different realms of life. A couple of companies that are established and successful and wealthy, they get laws passed or restrictions passed that are barriers to entry for any new guy to come compete against them, right right, And I don't think the public needs another hauling company that'll be a no hard working Army veteran. And you cannot open a business in America. Nothing makes me insane.
Speaker 1: It just because it's just so epathetical to everything we supposedly believe in in this country. So mister Parker turned to the courts and lost in the district court. He sued them, saying Montana's con laws were unconstitutional under the Montana Constitution fourteenth Amendment. Lost at the district court, but helped by the Legal the Pacific Legal Foundation for Them free of charge, appealed his case, and the Montana Supreme Court delivered a major win. It revived Parker's constitutional challenge, sent the case back to the district court to fernal further analyze each constitutional provision. He hasn't won, but the Supreme Court of Montana said, yeah, this is a serious deal.
Speaker 2: We need to take that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, and you lower courts. Throw yourself off a cliff today. That's what I would like you to do, or a high building. If you can't get near a cliff because you're.
Speaker 2: A brand of.
Speaker 4: Or under the stampeding hooves of the Bison of Montana or something.
Speaker 2: The point is end yourself. You suck. We hate you. The point is end yourself, you suck.
Speaker 4: Throw yourself in one of those boiling cauldrons at the what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Yellow Stone? Yeah, that'd be that. Do it. There you go. That's a rough way to go.
Speaker 1: If you miss a segment of this show, gets the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: That's quick.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty