Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's get to some of the individual stocks on the move. We are joined by Bloomberg's equities reporter Joe Easton and Joe how hot does it have to be before you? Joe Easton, don't consider a sausage role.
Speaker 1: I think I could eat a sausage row on a thirty five degrees I think, But well maybe not maybe not quite that. Not everyone. So Greg's plunging today that stock is down thirteen percent of the company saying that profit may be lower than last year due to the soaring temperatures, a sweltering heat that we've had in the UK, which is discouraging people from buying all those delicious treats like sausage roll, steak, bake, I, Guess donuts and other sweet goods as well. So therefore they expect the first half operating profit to be lower than the same period last year.
Speaker 2: Now kind of.
Speaker 1: Question is that all to do with the weather or was there a downturn in consumer sentiment already? But you kind of have to agree that a steak bak and a hot chocolate is not your immediate priority at the moment in this heat. So maybe that is the reason. But the stock down very sharply today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so that's on Breggs. Now. There's also been a profit warning that meben too much for investors in Bites Technology to digest.
Speaker 1: Yes, taking a bite out of Bytes Technology. That stock is down twenty seven percent today. It's the biggest drop since the company's IPO around five years ago. So Bytes is worth well, it was yesterday worth around a billion pounds in terms of the market caps, and not the smaller stock on the market. And they are warning of the macroeconomic environment environment deteriorating and leading customers to defer their buying decisions.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Probably the interesting thing about this one is we're seeing a ripple effect across all the UK tech stocks today. So Softcat, which is a bigger company, down six percent, Computer Center down five percent, Sage falling two percent as well, so really hitting the other piers. Bites itself down twenty three percent this morning. It's cloud software, its cybersecurity, all of those kind of really hot sectors at the moment. But that warning of customers slowing their orders hitting the UK technology space today.
Speaker 3: Okay, so from one time of technology to another, now, Joe, because Danish turbine manufacturer Vestas has had a second wind absolutely.
Speaker 1: And I wrote that pun as well, so I'm going to enjoy it. Renewernery stock today up sharply, including Vestas, as you mentioned, they're getting that second wind, A stock up eight percent. We're also seeing moves in awested nord x edp over in Portugal as well. Other news is that the latest version of Donald Trump's A Big, Beautiful Bill, it's actually stripped out a provision that was going to tax companies doing wind and solar projects in the US that were using Chinese components in their projects. The latest version of the Senate bill that hit last night has actually removed that and therefore we're seeing these stocks rallying this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Yes. It also also I think there's an exception for the tax breaks that if the solar and wind projects that are approved that are kind of eligible start within the twelve months from when the bill is signed, that they would still get those tax exemptions. So that kind of helps the sector.
Speaker 1: So yes, there was the other element to the bill as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely very good. Joe, Thank you so much for being with us this morning. That is Equities Reported Joe Eastern.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.