Speaker 1: Out of all the people and all the world that's been on this show, this is not who I thought would get an update from.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think they expected it either. Yeah, yes, definitely listen to the whole thing. Remember. Oh, by the way, this is brand new.
Speaker 1: We're getting a check in from a couple that was previously on the show as to what has happened since, and so we're going to get them back on in part three, So stick around for that. But first comments, Yeah, Autumn the tailor stand said, I listened to you guys over twenty k minutes after a breakup last year.
Speaker 2: Wow, and I just got dumped again. So I'll see you guys in my twenty twenty six wrapped ig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we rely on you having filled relationships.
Speaker 2: Yeah for you, it kind of falls the pattern of our show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna feel better about being single after listening to this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, your brand new update update starts right now.
Speaker 3: There comes a time in every young woman's life when she needs to decide do I want to try and find true love with a sweet guy who genuinely cares about me, or do I want to party on a billionaire's yacht with a bunch of creepy old rich guys serving me champagne. That's the answer, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: I always pick that happiest. Happiness now or happiness later is a.
Speaker 3: Tough, tough choice. But that was the big question occupying the mind of one woman, and today we finally get to learn her answer. Did she pick the nice guy or the billionaire's fair or guy. Sure we'll find out in a special second date update update right.
Speaker 1: After this broken Jeffrey in the morning Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: You know, we've talked about bringing a gift to a first date before, and that could include flowers, maybe a stuffed animal or a real animal. Baby bear was over by the garbage cans near my house. It's yours now.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. Welcome yea god, bring me a raccoon next week.
Speaker 3: Please, But what about buying them a gift during your date? Is that still a strong move?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 2: I like it better.
Speaker 3: That's what our listener Isaac did, So, Isaac, clearly you're one of those generous daters. Congratulations, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you guys. But it wasn't anything that crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, we're impressed because jeff only gives away free wildlife.
Speaker 2: He finds in his backyard.
Speaker 3: I've got a whole cage of animals ready for you, and maybe after this is done, you could take something home. But let's get to what happened with this girl you met what's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name's Elisa, Alisa.
Speaker 3: Where'd you meet her?
Speaker 4: So? We met on one of the dating apps and we ended up connecting over stand up comedy and I did end up sending her some clips because she wasn't too familiar with Jim Gaffer, one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: So good, we've actually interviewed him.
Speaker 2: He's so nice too, so bunny. I was just talking about how I don't love his comedy My.
Speaker 3: Pockets.
Speaker 2: He talks about being a dad a lot.
Speaker 3: We don't support that on this show. No fatherhood talk.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like those are safe though. I mean I haven't heard anything, yeah, you know offensive. He's a pretty family friendly. Yeah, because that's always a risk too, Like if you send a joke that maybe you find funny.
Speaker 4: That is Yeah, That's why I felt like, oh, he's the perfect person this in Like I said, I love the guy, and who doesn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, well Brooks Now we know.
Speaker 2: Sorry hay him. He's just not my favorite.
Speaker 3: So how did you parlay talking about Jim Gaffigan into a first date?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I think the laughter kind of made it just was fun. So I asked her if we could go out on a date, and we It was simple. We went to a chili chili.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, Okay.
Speaker 4: So once we got to the chili, that's where I showed some of the clips, especially my favorite one.
Speaker 3: But you'd wow even more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd sent her some and now we're watching him together.
Speaker 4: Look, it might have been overkill, but I just love the dude.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say watching stand up together is always funnier than when you watch it by yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, but if you got a chance to talk about yourself.
Speaker 1: On the date already first, not just straight into the clips, that's no whole days.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Timing is important there Lysis, Yes, and that was the big thing.
Speaker 4: We watched like a little bit together. But then I kind of segued that into learning things about each other.
Speaker 3: That's great. So is all that's happening in the parking lot outside of the chili's? Or are we sitting down for dinner yet?
Speaker 4: No, we're sitting down and we're eating.
Speaker 3: So at the start of this, we were talking about how you bought her a gift during the day. Where does that come into play?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh, so we had a great dinner and we've still felt like hanging out. So there was a mall that was pretty close. So we go to one of these stores that just sells a bunch of like cute little nick knaps.
Speaker 2: I love a nicknack stork.
Speaker 4: Now. The good thing is, though, I got to see how she reacted when she saw this pair of socks. They were like little bumblebee socks, but she loves nice. Guy.
Speaker 3: Now put these on for me, nice and slow. Let me watch you wear.
Speaker 2: Them, okay, because that gives real like feet. Guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just checking. That did not happen.
Speaker 4: No, that that would happened.
Speaker 3: A strong move, okay, could work. So she liked the socks.
Speaker 4: She did, she liked them, and we did kiss at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: Okay, how is it that you're not getting a call back because all of this sounds really good.
Speaker 4: That's the thing too, Like she did say she was getting ready to go on a girl's trip, So I was all right, cool, I didn't want to bother her while she was there. She said, I was only going to be like a couple of days. It's like a long weekend. But now it's been like a week and I'm still not hearing from her. I'd sent her like one text when she should have been from the trip, but left it. Maybe she thought she I just not thought about it. She might maybe thought I wasn't that interested because I didn't text her while she was on the trip.
Speaker 3: As long as your text was let me see those toot season those bumblebee socks, girl, then you're probably gonna be okay. So we'll find out. We'll call a Lisa for you and try and get you your second date update when we come back right after this.
Speaker 2: Hold on Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 3: If you miss part one of the second Date Update, let's just hit the highlights here real quick. Our listener Isaac bonded with his date Elisa over stand up comedy, specifically the comedian Jim Gap again, which that's great. He's got a big head love that took his date to Chili's for dinner. Awesome egg rolls there, thumbs up.
Speaker 2: I don't even know they had egg roll.
Speaker 3: True, just check the menu. It's okay. You don't have to believe me. Bought her some bumblebee socks at the mall that she liked. Bees are dope. We approve. Even got a kiss at the car.
Speaker 2: Oh and it sounds sweet.
Speaker 3: Sure did so. The weird part is he hasn't really heard from her since then, So why on earth would a Lisa be avoiding him after all that good news. We may never know the answer.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point of this, Jeff. We're gonna find out right.
Speaker 3: Now, right unless she answers the phone. Yeah, so we'll know. That's step one.
Speaker 2: Did the egg rolls go to your head?
Speaker 4: Jeff?
Speaker 3: Isaac? Can you confirm that the egg rolls do exist to Chili's? Honestly, I can. They are pretty good. Yeah, let's give some love to Chili's egg rolls right now. One of the best egg girls in the city were at Chili.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chili, step on that.
Speaker 1: This is about Isaac, you guys, not about Jeff's dietary.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we'll make that the second point of conversation after we hopefully get a Lisa on the phone.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: I'm going to dial her number right now. Let's see how this goes. Here we go, Hello, Hi is this Alisa?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who is this?
Speaker 3: There's a whole room of people here. I'm coming. I forgot We are excited to talk to you because you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, we're doing a segment from our show. It's called a second Date Update. That's where we help out listeners who've gone out with somebody and they're not hearing back after their date. We try to help that person figure out the reason why.
Speaker 4: Okay, I gotcha.
Speaker 5: I just don't know why you'd be calling.
Speaker 3: Me, because there is a guy that went out with you recently who really would love to see you again, a guy named Isaac.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, Isaac? Right?
Speaker 2: How could you forget him? You just went out like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, my life has just been crazy lately.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, is that why you're not getting back to him? You've just been I mean he did mention you had like a girl's weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did go for a girl's weekend down to Miami and right, yeah, it was a lot of fun. And yeah, the craziest thing happened.
Speaker 2: Wait on your trip, Yeah, on our trip.
Speaker 3: Spill a tea girl, what happened in Miami? That was so crazy?
Speaker 5: So we met this guy at the pool and he was like a billionaire or something, and he took us on a thirty thousand dollars shopping free.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, whoa wow. He took you and all your girls shopping like.
Speaker 5: He took us to Gucci and Lavat on all these stores, got shoes and he just was, I guess, being really generous. I mean, he didn't ask us to do anything.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: Wow, But yeah, can we bring it back to Isaac because the whole reason that we're calling is he thought he'd be hearing back from you by this point after you return from your trip, but he hasn't heard anything.
Speaker 5: Well, now that I'm back, things just I don't know, it seemed different, Like, I guess they didn't realize that there were just so many generous people out there like that, when.
Speaker 2: You say generous you mean rich.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, yeah, he just made me see that there's a whole other world out there.
Speaker 4: And oh, but.
Speaker 3: That world's a little superficial, Like you're gonna be on yachts and in cars, but is it gonna be finding a lot? I mean those all sound really good to me.
Speaker 1: Told me, wait, are you still talking to the billionaire dude from Miami?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm not interested in him or anything.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: The thing is, my girlfriends and I decided to go back to Miami for the next few weekends. You know, it's just hang at the pool again, and.
Speaker 2: You're hunting for more billionaires and more pooles. You're shopping now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not going back for him. You're going back.
Speaker 1: Now, just out that can't happen that often, Like that has to be like a once in a.
Speaker 2: Blue or you don't have to do anything back. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you're going down a path that you're not going to be thrilled with.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe, but you know, we're at the age now where we just kind of want to have fun and see what happens and.
Speaker 3: Hang and yeah, I mean honestly, like, look, that's your life, and you're allowed to do whatever you want to do to have fun with your girlfriends. That's all great, but we're just like calling on behalf of Isaac because he has no idea that this is happening. He feels like he's being left totally ghosted with no communication.
Speaker 1: I say, who needs a thirty thousand dollars shopping spree when you got a guy who got your bucle Bee socks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that's what I'm.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, they were really cute. It was a really sweet thing. It was. It was awesome, But I just I don't want to hurt his feelings. And I mean he was a really nice guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, instead of telling that to us, you should probably just tell it directly to Isaac because he's on the other line right now listening to this competition. God, oh God, Isaac, are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, I think it was an awesome weekend us. Alisa. Look, I really liked you. I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But I mean, if you're not interested.
Speaker 4: Because you're focused on wealthier people, I'm not going to be able to compete with that. I think I really enjoy spending time with you.
Speaker 1: He is so stinking cue genuinely nice dude.
Speaker 2: Dude, Lisa, You're gonna be missing out. Think of how sweet that Mall parking lot kiss was.
Speaker 3: You're selling yourself short to her? Remember you took her to dinner at Chili's.
Speaker 2: Maybe he didn't or that time.
Speaker 3: Probably that's what it was.
Speaker 4: I should have got the egg roll.
Speaker 2: You need to go back, Lisa, you gotta go back with him.
Speaker 4: I think that's a great idea. If you'll let me take you back to Chili this time, we will get egg rolls.
Speaker 3: With that said, Alisa, we would like to offer to send you on another date with Isaac that we would pay for it. And just remember, like not all great things in life come with an expensive price tag. Sometimes the best stuff is actually really affordable and right in front of you. Yeah, just say, the best things in life are free.
Speaker 2: That's the same.
Speaker 3: Well, he's yeah, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: So, but you don't pay for moments with your family.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, Alisa? Are you willing to give Isaac a second chance?
Speaker 5: Come on, well, guys, I'm going to be gone the next couple of weekends and I'm just going to be really busy. So she don't really promise that right now?
Speaker 2: Oh really, I thought we're going to get a date.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're gonna think about this three months from now and regret this moment maybe, but.
Speaker 5: I will probably be in Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna be on that yacht with your Gucci purse and you're proud of bag and you're just gonna be crying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you get the shower to with.
Speaker 1: Gifts, you could have gotten shoes or something anything other like for.
Speaker 3: Your twelve bags. You all right? Well, Isaac, man, I'm sorry that I can't believe she said no to that.
Speaker 2: You're a real catch.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's not a Lisa, you're gonna find somebody who's great for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, and make sure you call us back when you own a yacht and it'll be a lot easier. On our podcast, Jeffrey in the Morning, Well this is a surprise that we're getting an update update from a couple. I think nobody in studio really thought would go out again.
Speaker 2: Well they said they would have. Well, yeah, that's why we thought that.
Speaker 3: There was a maybe in there somewhere after the two week Miami trip. Let's welcome back Isaac and Elisa, and let's just start with Alsa. Tell us what's going on with you two.
Speaker 5: So obviously last time I was going after my goal of exploring men with money.
Speaker 2: Wait, did it all backfire?
Speaker 5: No, it's just backfired. I just had a realization the last time I was in Miami.
Speaker 3: Why what happened?
Speaker 5: It wasn't as much fun the second time around?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time was spontaneous and exciting.
Speaker 3: What happened on time too?
Speaker 5: Well, me and my few of my girlfriends wound up on this rich guy's yacht. Uh huh. But the guys on there were so weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, dirty techie, socially awkward kind of people. But what's weird about that interest?
Speaker 2: You have to pay for able to hang out with you?
Speaker 1: That's super qualitable.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this time around, they wanted to sign NDA and give up our cell phones. I mean it was really creepy, and I.
Speaker 1: Didn't got.
Speaker 2: You didn't sign the NDA.
Speaker 5: No, I got off of there real quick.
Speaker 3: Okay, So then you went back home and then you met up with Isaac again.
Speaker 1: Not exactly.
Speaker 5: Oh I did realize I'm not into chasing billionaires. Okay, Now I'm just into regular millionaires because they're not as weird, So you're.
Speaker 2: Not to poor boys yet.
Speaker 3: She's got standards, but he's still just a little smaller yachts.
Speaker 2: Give it another five years, she'll work her way down.
Speaker 3: But Isaac is on the phone right now too. Have you guys hung out? Isaac?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we've hung out, but it hasn't really been like that.
Speaker 3: Oh different.
Speaker 2: You guys are just friends. I mean that's cool, like we love to start a friendship.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah yeah, I mean like sometimes she'll let me dogs fit or whatever, so it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: I think like she's using you.
Speaker 3: You work for her?
Speaker 4: Now, hey, it sounds like I'm working for her, but she pays pretty well and I needed a side hustle.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought it was for free.
Speaker 3: Oh god, no, no, no, he's not an idiot.
Speaker 2: Are we counting this as a win win Isaac?
Speaker 4: Hey? All right?
Speaker 3: Maybe on the boat party and to be serving drinks. Yeah, he's got a good side hustle out of this now. So all right, kind of a weird happy ending to this story, but I'm glad you two are friends. And thanks for keeping us updated on your on your romantic journeys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congrats, thank you.
Speaker 3: They're happy