Speaker 1: Oh my god, the to do list is so long on a Saturday before Thanksgiving. Ooh go, we're here for you, just so you know. It's Brook and Jeffrey and we've got two back to back classics for you, so you can just get done whatever you need to get done and not think too hard about it. Yeah, we love that. We hope you enjoy it, and we love to start with a comment from one of our listeners.
Speaker 2: Yes, actually it's from one of our show friends, Jamie Glassman.
Speaker 3: Jamie the artist.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jamie has drawn and painted us multiple different caricatures and portraits.
Speaker 3: And Jamie, if you're listening your fairy god.
Speaker 1: That's fairly odd parents.
Speaker 4: Fairly odd parents drawing me is still my discord. It's still the Giggle Gang.
Speaker 1: I have one of her drawings up in my office, right yeah, really odd parents is top one. Yeah, yeah, it's really cute.
Speaker 2: But anyways, sorry, not just jam Jamie did comment okay and said, I've been listening for almost ten years and I've converted my dad and I'm trying to convert my sister.
Speaker 1: Oh you can do it, Jamie.
Speaker 3: We believe it, you believe you. Just turn it on. In the background, whenever you're around him.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, thanks for being here and for all the love, Jamie, and your back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 5: I always hear people say there's a lot of weirdos on the dating apps. Yeah, yeah, Well guess what, after today's call, you're gonna think there's a lot of weirdos in real life too.
Speaker 1: Ah Okay, wait, I think they already do that if they listen to the show.
Speaker 5: Well, that's for sure. I say that because of the last second surprise that one of our listeners had for the woman that he went out with. And if you asked a million people, not one would say, yeah, I think that's a good, well thought out idea. You should totally go through with them. Oh boy, you're gonna hear it in your second date update coming up right after this second date update, Where's the worst place to take a woman on a first date?
Speaker 6: The worst?
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning home of the Second Date update? But I mean, garbage.
Speaker 1: Are you going to give us options? Because I have some ideas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean crematorium comes to mind. The garbage, especially if you talked about having barbecue already that gosh.
Speaker 1: Smoky flavor is always.
Speaker 5: There is something that might be worse than that.
Speaker 1: There's no way, Jeff Well.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, chure Nobyl, but you know what, Let's okay, let's talk to our listener, Reht because he thinks he may have taken his date someplace pretty regrettable crematorium.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all you have to do is come on our show and you'll feel better by comparison.
Speaker 5: Before we find out about this woman, just tell us the place that you took her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I took her to my ex's house.
Speaker 5: Oh god, what I am?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we got a backup, not even like the restaurant where my ex works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know the bad idea.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, it's good that you realize that. But let's go back and start from the beginning. Where did you meet this woman? And what's her name?
Speaker 1: And not your ask?
Speaker 5: You actually took.
Speaker 7: Out the girl that I took out. Her name's Christina. We met at a hiking club, a small group of people that get together and take hikes on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Let me guess you reached for the same cashew in the bag of trail mix, and that's cute.
Speaker 1: How did you turn it from hiking to a date.
Speaker 7: So we're both cat people. So that's kind of how we came together a little bit on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, bond hiking and cat people. Yeah, that's true. So I mean you guys had a pretty good relationship then, probably before you actually moved into the romantic world, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean we had tons of talks, and I mean I showed her tons of pictures. My cat's name is Sorbet. So I set up a date at my house to help meet my cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like how you said your house. That's good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were gonna make pizzas at my place. I got a face empty pizza oven. Nice, so we wanted to do that. Introduced her to the cat. She looked real nice. We didn't burn anything. That's usually a good sign.
Speaker 1: I mean, were you able to have because you guys had been friends already, were you able to have like some flirty moments.
Speaker 5: Like come up behind her and need the pizza, like show her like grab her hands and show her, show her how to toss it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got like a little ghost moment with the pizza.
Speaker 1: Do not say you did that.
Speaker 7: I'm just kidding. Yeah, it was still flirty. A little flower getting everywhere, but nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, that's cute. I mean it sounds like a setup to a great evening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like a great setup to go over to your ex's house, because how does that come into the picture.
Speaker 7: So, I mean I kept calling for the cat. The cat likes to hide when new people are there, so I figured they needed a little bit of time to get used to her.
Speaker 1: And right, I mean, cats notoriously don't come when you call them, you know, right.
Speaker 7: And then I remembered that I actually had dropped the cat off at the cat moms that morning.
Speaker 1: What do you remembered?
Speaker 5: You and your ex split custody of your cat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean it was kind of a contentious part of the breakup there, but I mean we're good now.
Speaker 1: How could you forget that? It was the whole date center?
Speaker 8: Did I go?
Speaker 1: That makes you look so bad? You're a cat dad that doesn't remember where he left his cat.
Speaker 7: I had a pretty busy day and it split my mind. I mean I had all the things to worry about.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that is a lot to tackle, both pepperoni and cheese, So I can understand your head was totally full. I still don't get how did you end up at your ex's house?
Speaker 7: So right after we ate, I was pretty disappointed that she couldn't meet Sorbet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, but just chalk it up and you make a plan for the next time, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wish I would have done that. That's a good point. On our way home, I just figured i'd swing by my exes and introduce her to Sorbet.
Speaker 2: No making her home.
Speaker 5: You brought Christina over to your ex's house.
Speaker 7: Oh no, it sounds really bad when you say it like that.
Speaker 1: You didn't warn either woman. So you show up unexpectedly with a date on your ex's door and Christina doesn't even know that's where she's going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but usually my ex is pretty cool if I need to sling by and see the cat, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, I mean when when we showed up, it was fine, but I could kind of tell that she wasn't really digging it. X wasn't really happy that we showed up, uh to see the cat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah shocking.
Speaker 5: I can see why you you guys broke up. She's not not accepting woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a lot of silence and patting the cat on the couch, and it was real awkward. She was just staring at my date the whole time.
Speaker 5: You're all sitting on the couch together.
Speaker 1: Why did I imagine this just at a doorstep?
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like say hi to the cat.
Speaker 3: Then everybody parts you like a scene to a funny movie.
Speaker 1: You're inside.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you guys all spent the night at your ex's house and then when you left the next morning, how did that go?
Speaker 7: That didn't happen? Thank god?
Speaker 5: Okay, good.
Speaker 7: The whole time ended in like a real big fight.
Speaker 1: Wait, a fight with who you in the ex or what?
Speaker 5: You and the cat?
Speaker 7: Everybody kind of ended up shouting, yeah, Christina didn't like my ex is being rude, my my accident, like that I brought a girl there. It was It was the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Why are you wanting to call this girl again? Christina doesn't want to have anything.
Speaker 5: To do with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but your show says you help people get second dates and.
Speaker 5: The Apostle miracle workers over here.
Speaker 1: But oh my gosh, can I just ask when you drop Christina off at her door, what was the last thing she said to you?
Speaker 7: She actually gave me the finger, but I don't think she mentioned.
Speaker 5: If it's a finger that I'm thinking of, then it could be a good thing. Took the right and the wow.
Speaker 7: She was emotional. Now that we've had some space, it's been about a week or so, so I figured we could give it another shot and you guys could help me out.
Speaker 4: Guys, at least this will be a great story, right, Yeah, I'm very eager to hear how Christina felt the experience.
Speaker 1: This one was gonna be cussing.
Speaker 5: We don't know. We're gonna call her, we'll see how she's doing, but we knew your second date update right after this second date update. What went wrong on Rhett's first date a little hard to say because there was Pizza's, there was cute cats, and the one tiny mistake and when I say tiny, I mean like minuscule. There was kind of a fight at his ex's house that involved him, his date, and his ex girlfriend, resulting at the end in a certain finger being pointed at Rhett when he dropped Christina off at home.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't a proposal with the wedding ring.
Speaker 5: Other than that, though a plus date. Really you would agree, right, Yeah?
Speaker 7: Other than all of that, I guess it was fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, wait, I have a question. Have you had a chance to apologize to Christina.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the biggest thing is I just haven't seen her in the hiking group at all, and it's not often you get to go from friends into dating. So I just I didn't want to mess that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm sure necessarily think you're the one who needs to apologize. It sounds like your ex girlfriend owes her an apology for not being cool about that.
Speaker 1: He needs to apologize to both women.
Speaker 8: House.
Speaker 1: You can't bring a date to your ex's house, especially unannounced.
Speaker 5: I don't know who does that. I'm just clearly read as somebody that wants everybody to get along. Feels like you should be able to move past ex grievances the ladies, I don't know why you guys are holding onto this like.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal your ex shows up at your house today.
Speaker 5: I don't have one, all right, But we don't know the whole story. We have a hunch of what went wrong. We need to get Christina's angle to really understand the full scope.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear her story, and the thing is is that you actually sound like a really nice guy that just made dumb choices.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I'm just a really nice guy who made one dumb choice, and I told you the whole story.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but her perspective is going to be interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, perspective. Well, let's find out what that is. I'm going to dial her right now. Hopefully she has nothing but good things to.
Speaker 1: Say about you, or she doesn't just cuss at us and hang up.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll see how this goes. I'm dialing she flips us off as she answers the phone able to see it, we'll be able to feel it here. Hello, Hey is this Christina? Yeah, Hey Christina, good morning. We've all been very eager to talk to you. Where a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, And I don't even know where to begin.
Speaker 1: Christina, how are you doing.
Speaker 9: Fine?
Speaker 10: What is this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is a radio show and we're doing a segment trying to help out one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently. His name is Rhett.
Speaker 9: Uh what Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, actually that's a better response than I expected from you. To be honest, I'm being serious.
Speaker 5: Because we heard about your guys' hangout. We won't rehash the whole story.
Speaker 9: Wait a second, Yeah, yeah, he emailed us.
Speaker 5: Why is he doing that? Well, obviously because he likes you.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean just that, like you guys were friends in the hiking group and then and then you had one date and he knows he screwed it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I just hear the story? Like I want to hear from your perspective, Like, you show up to his ex's house. Did you know that's where you were going?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: He was like, Oh, I've got something to show you. I really want you to see that.
Speaker 5: I've fallen before.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, I mean at first I just thought it was like his friend or something. I didn't realize it was his X. And then when we get into this argument, she called me, ah.
Speaker 5: Oh god, okay, but what will go from petting the cat to that diet?
Speaker 9: Some major insecurity issues or jumping because she was like, oh, do you know what he likes? Because I know what he likes?
Speaker 5: Oh god, okay, we did not know that part of the story.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like I said, she yelled at me and called me a.
Speaker 1: What did Yes, he was.
Speaker 9: Yealing back at her. It was just it was so dramatic, and if this is the first.
Speaker 1: Date, yeah, okay, I'm gonna tell you on the thirty second date that would not be okay.
Speaker 5: Look, I I know that we all feel terrible about that. Rhett feels sorry for even making the decision to bring you over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he honestly sounds like a nice guy that made a dumb choice.
Speaker 5: I don't know he lied to me, okay, that like about bringing you over there to introduce you to his cat.
Speaker 9: No before that, so I knew him from hiking, Like we hiked together with like a group and we were talking about our cats, and he told me that Sorbet is five and my cat is five two. So I was like, oh, that's cool, to the same age. But then his ex told me that Sorbet is nine.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The name Colin.
Speaker 9: White doesn't loost a five year difference. That's crazy, Okay.
Speaker 5: That was worse to you than the argument that broke out between the three years.
Speaker 9: Honestly, I think that he lied about his cat's age on purpose. I think he was trying to say that it was the same age as my cat so that they would get along.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean we do hear a lot of people lying about their age on dating apps to impress somebody, not usually lying about their cat's age to impress each other.
Speaker 9: But well, yeah, but like that's important to me.
Speaker 7: I have something to say here.
Speaker 1: I'm not friend.
Speaker 3: You shut your mouth, you liar.
Speaker 5: I really hope you would, because we need to tell you, Christina that Red's been on the other line listening to this call, wanting to clearly speak.
Speaker 1: And hopefully apologize.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I mean I'm gonna apologize for the fight, but not not for my cat being a different age. I mean, those are just details.
Speaker 9: Well you might not think that's important, but I do. I don't have kids, and not painting on having kids anytime soon. My cat is my world. Like, I don't want my cat to be the little second side kit cat because you have this older, leader mean cat.
Speaker 7: Well maybe if your cat was more mature, it'd be okay, hanging out with my old cat.
Speaker 9: Okay, my cat is plenty mature.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it's where's the top hat?
Speaker 1: I don't get it in. I thought we'd really be concentrated on the name college. Yeah, Ax's house here, Well that.
Speaker 9: Wasn't cool, but neither in lying about the age of your cat, Why would you do that? Why don't you why about any like that?
Speaker 1: What if the ex is lying?
Speaker 7: I mean, MYX wasn't lying about that.
Speaker 5: He is nine.
Speaker 7: And then if that's the only thing standing in the way of this, I mean, we can always go get a five year old cat.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are a lot of cats that need to talk to.
Speaker 3: You're dating.
Speaker 5: I like the problem solving. That's a positive.
Speaker 9: So my cat's a third wheel.
Speaker 7: Now that's great.
Speaker 5: What what you're upset at? Yeah, you find very interesting things important for your dating life.
Speaker 9: You got to think of it from my perspective. If this does work out and we're together, now we've got two full time cats and one part time cat that we're suffling back and forth between a deck who thinks I'm a whore?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I could see that part, But I mean it's nine. It's not like you're gonna have to do it for many years.
Speaker 7: Like I take offense to that because my cat maybe nine, but she looks seven at worst.
Speaker 3: Hows left?
Speaker 1: But we are really stuck on this.
Speaker 5: I know she's very upset that she got cat catfished. That's the big issue.
Speaker 3: I think fish cat.
Speaker 1: I think it's just cat fit.
Speaker 9: It is you good cat catfish me.
Speaker 1: Okay, going to the double cat rat.
Speaker 5: You're very sorry, right, tell her how sorry you are for doing that.
Speaker 7: Yah? Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm very sorry for telling you the wrong age of my cat. And I mean, going forward, I swear I won't lie to you about something like that.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 3: Why would you? Why would you just say I swear not lie to you anything.
Speaker 7: Well, because that's like super important. I want her to know how important it is that I'm taking her cat age very importantly. I won't lie at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, honestly, Christina, he is taking it into account, and I think a lot of people would not be so patient.
Speaker 5: Brook is basically saying team rat, team rat. And so we would like to offer to send you out on another date with him, and we would pay for it. I don't know, two cats, three cats, one cat, no cat whatever, however many cats you want, don't want on it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fine, a five year old one?
Speaker 3: Perfect?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 9: I doubt you want to go out again with att?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 7: I mean, as long as the price is right, I guess we could.
Speaker 9: Okay, I know it's I'm kidding.
Speaker 7: Obviously, I would I would love to have a second try at this.
Speaker 5: Yes, he went through all this effort to make this happen and we're running out of time here. So what do you say, Christina, one more date with Rhett? I need a yes or a no?
Speaker 9: Fine?
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever, Fine, Yeah, she's still emotional. She'll get over and I'm okay with Fine.
Speaker 1: Are we miracle workers because that is insane.
Speaker 5: Yes, we should take all the credit for.
Speaker 6: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You know what really makes me happy hearing someone regrettably agreed to go out on a date again.
Speaker 1: Fine, jeff Fine.
Speaker 5: They're going to look back and listen to this on their wedding day. Right before, Christina turns to the past and was like, fine, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the ex is going to show up to that wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just hope the cats show up.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody showing up.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna host it at their house.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's a good reminder that everybody crazy. Everybody values different things in their relationships, and for Christina, she values honesty about your cat's real age. It's number one on the relationship.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe you could have still been dating the Yes, yeah, I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Abound Number five is X name calling.
Speaker 5: Yes, it still mattered to her, just not quite as hot. Yeah, but everyone's got different priorities and we know that now. So whatever is important to you, we will call that person who's not calling you back. Email the show so we can help and go check out all of our Seconday podcasts wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: Brooking, Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: And today call one of our listeners as a barista and says she did something that normally she would never do while working on the job. Wouldn't you know it? A cute guy was involved. Yeah, so she took a risk in the name of love, and now well she's not getting a callback. I'm wondering when you hear this, all the baristas who are listening, would you ever do this with a customer that you found attractive? Text into seven eighty five ninety two. You're gonna hear what happened in your brand new second date update right after this second date updated. You never know when or where you're gonna meet the love of your life.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jeffrey, that's so nice.
Speaker 5: Like years ago, Brooke met a hunky, traveling salesman named Rule. She told us this story many many times on the show, but just to recap for anybody who doesn't know. After one steamy night involving a diner at the edge of town, passion took over, and to this day her husband firmly believes that those children are really his. Far It's a story that's as romantic as it is factually correct.
Speaker 1: That is not true at all. I have only fallen truly, madly, deeply in love with one man, and that is my husband. Name.
Speaker 3: One of the kids middle names was Roy, after the real father.
Speaker 5: To Okay, so you love your husband, but you still married Roy.
Speaker 4: No, I don't say, Michael.
Speaker 5: Your love life confuses the hell is hard to keep up with. All I'm trying to say is that love can strike anywhere at any time. I think that's great, even when you work as a barista at a coffee shop, like our listener Jacqueline does. So let's talk to her. Jacqueline, how you doing.
Speaker 9: I'm doing Okay, how were you?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 1: You sound a little like sad or something are you all right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just I need your help.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe Brook's love story brought you to Tears the salesman, but I don't know, maybe got something else going on. Tell us about it.
Speaker 10: Well, like you said, I'm a barista at a coffee shop, and a couple of weeks ago it was, yeah, it's true, I like it.
Speaker 5: That's exactly the attitude that Alexis had when she used to work. There's like it's okay, fine.
Speaker 10: Well, a couple of weeks ago, it was kind of a slow time of day and I ended up meeting this really nice customer and he ordered a latte stop and complimented me on my film art with your what art? Foam art?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can draw the pictures.
Speaker 1: Did you put your phone number in the foam on the top?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: To do that?
Speaker 10: It is hard because I actually didn't do any film art.
Speaker 1: Why would he say that?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Maybe he was just trying to talk to me, but he goes, oh my god, like, is that a dog? It looks just like my dog, Kevin.
Speaker 3: He's totally just like joking with you to get your dog to you.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I mean I think he knew I wasn't trying to do Latche ar because he said I was the Picasso of Latche art.
Speaker 1: Picasso's abstract that's not necessarily pretty art.
Speaker 5: It is just very.
Speaker 1: Cool in his cubism face.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure, did you get his name? By the way, his.
Speaker 10: Name is Kenny. The dog's name is Kevin, after Kevin from the office.
Speaker 1: I mean, how did you parlay that into anything?
Speaker 9: Well, so you have being like.
Speaker 10: Really friendly and sweet, and I mean, I know this is kind of unprofessional, but since having a lot of customers coming in, he asked if I would sit with him a little bit.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, that is like, I feel like that's bold. I don't know that I could ever think of a scenario where I would ask any weight stuff to come sit with me.
Speaker 5: Although you did go to a Starbucks and try to ask out the baristas recently and they all said no.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't be a good gauge though, because if it's a dead empty coffee shop and she's like, oh no, I can't, he would be like, oh, okay, she's working.
Speaker 3: So here's my point.
Speaker 4: So she can say, oh, sorry, I'm working, she has an excuse.
Speaker 3: But if she says, yes, I'll say with you. It's a huge sign.
Speaker 5: So she's at work. The balls in your court at this point, Jacqueline, what did you do?
Speaker 10: I said, yeah, sure, let me just you know, let my manageer know. I'm going to take my break.
Speaker 1: And oh you even did it like on the up and up?
Speaker 5: Yeah you should have done an oncoming time. Was it worth it? How did it go?
Speaker 10: It was good, Like we were laughing, getting to know each other. And he asked if I was single, And normally, whenever a customer asked me that I lie and I'm like, I'm married basically yeah, yeah, yeah, but I was honest. I told him, yeah, I'm single. So he asked me for my number, and after he left, like even my co workers were like, oh my god, that was really cute.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, an immediate gauge.
Speaker 1: No, you get like I would love if two of my girlfriends could always go on every date that I went on to like tell me whether or not at witwell.
Speaker 5: Alexis if Brooks says, oh my god, that guy and you are really cute together. What are you think of.
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 2: It's just can I get someone else's.
Speaker 5: But Jack, and this is a coworker whose opinion you actually respect.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jeffy, So wait, what's happened since?
Speaker 10: Well we texted back and forth for a little bit, but like our last text exchange we had was a few days ago and it was kind of weird. Oh so he messages me, Yeah, so what's up with Glenn? Does he still have his motorcycle?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 10: I don't know who Glenn? I don't know who Glenn or anyone with a motorcycle. But I wrote, Haha, what are you talking about? And he said, oh, come on, stop saying coy with like a smirky face emoji. Is this a game? And he never wrote back, and it was like kind of awkward, and I don't really.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he was.
Speaker 5: Actually I'm turned on by that conversation. I don't know about the rest of you.
Speaker 1: If you put a smirky face, that means that you're not upset.
Speaker 5: Ye. Were you guys talking about astronaut John Glenn at any point during your conversation in the coffee shop? Pretty sure he has a motorcycle. I'm trying to solve the mystery here who Glenn is? Uh so we have no idea. Clearly, Jacqueline doesn't know. We should probably just call him and try and see if he picks up, and you can give us some answers. Yes, we will reach out to this guy Kenny, and maybe to his dog Kevin and try and get you a second date update right after this. Okay, okay, all right, hold on second date update today. We have a mystery we need to solve. I love the mystery of Glenn and the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Seriously is that?
Speaker 5: I've been thinking about this off the air, and I have a theory because who else is notorious for driving a motorcycle around the traveling must be his son cruise in the highways stealing women's hearts at night, just like his daddy did back the Yes, I guess we've never done a double date second date. This is interesting. There's no Roy, Jacqueline. Would you be up for doing a twofer along with Brooke and Roy? If we can get Kenny to agree to.
Speaker 10: This, I'm not sure about.
Speaker 1: You could turn it down. I'm also down, and I'm also kind of pissed. I get the old guy, Roy and you get the young one.
Speaker 7: I'm sure you.
Speaker 5: Guys can work out an arrangement where you could swap halfway through the night or anything goes with Roy.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's concentrate on Wait, what's the guy's name.
Speaker 5: Now, Chris, No, it's Kenny. You got to focus on Kenny with his dog Kevin. Kenny is the one that she met when he walked into her coffee shop the other day, made a comment about her foam art. So let's try and get that connection back.
Speaker 1: Because after that text, about that weird text he said about Glenn, this has to be just some misunderstanding that's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's so random.
Speaker 10: Maybe he's accidentally texted the wrong person.
Speaker 3: Texting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and maybe he's embarrassed because he feels like he looked like an idiot. So let's give him a call and see what he has to say. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking for Kenny.
Speaker 7: This Kenny.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kenny, nice to meet you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey and the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 8: What Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, this is your show. It's your favorite radio show.
Speaker 5: You're you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 8: Why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: A great question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we're doing something called a second Date Update, where we try to help our listeners work on their love connections with people that they mete out in the world, and you were somebody's love connection recently hopefully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it sounds like you had a nice connection anyway.
Speaker 5: It's a girl named Jacqueline. Okay, remember you went to a coffee shop and you kind of had a nice little conversation with a barista there named Jacqueline and you made a comment about like her foam art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you said it looked like your dog Kevin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 8: I do that a lot.
Speaker 7: Actually that's a line.
Speaker 8: Why, Yeah, I've done that a few times.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is really funny and unique.
Speaker 1: But even if you've done it a few times.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, well it's a few times, but you know, it's been more like a few times this week.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, how are you drinking a bunch coffee?
Speaker 1: And why? Like why even why even ask her to sit with you? Why even ask if she's single?
Speaker 5: If you well, you can't even remember who this is.
Speaker 1: But like, if he's doing this all the time, what's your intention? It's obviously not to like have a relationship.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm actually really involved with a social media challenge right now.
Speaker 5: Social media might be part of it. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Wait, Jacqueline was part of it.
Speaker 8: Jacqueline was a part of that, even though you know, I don't know exactly who she was.
Speaker 5: Okay, what tell us? What what is this challenge that you're doing.
Speaker 8: It's a it's a challenge to help me be more social and improve my social skills with other people.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, so far talking to you, I'm not sure it's working.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you come off almost like a player, bro, like a social tum.
Speaker 5: What is the challenge? I don't understand.
Speaker 8: Well, I have to meet and engage with ten new people every day that I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: In the video it says that Mauristas are friendly and easy to talk to. So I send to hit a lot of coffee.
Speaker 5: So you're going to a lot of coffee places just striking up conversations, hoping to improve your own social skills. If you're not trying to pick up women necessarily, just be a better talker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she read that totally wrong. You know that. I mean, like you guys were too smooth. Yeah, but what did you think when she was texting you? And who the hell is Glenn?
Speaker 5: Yea, she said, she said there was a message that you said about someone named Glenn in his motorcycle. Do you know what that is? Yeah?
Speaker 8: That was actually meant for someone else if I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see we thought that we didn't know.
Speaker 8: I was talking to a lot of people at once.
Speaker 5: So are you single? Can I ask that?
Speaker 8: Yes? I'm single?
Speaker 1: Are you wait? Are you interested in dating any of these strangers that you talk to?
Speaker 5: Or are you just looking for like a million new friends? Because Brooke bought all of her friends on Instagram, so that probably be an easier route to go just a recommendation.
Speaker 3: I know someone who did, but that was.
Speaker 5: What's the goal here?
Speaker 6: Love?
Speaker 5: We're just friendship.
Speaker 8: I can't say I'm not interested in love. I am interested in love, but I'm really engaged in this challenge that I'm doing, and I want to see it all the way through and I want to finish it. And it's taken up so much of my time that I haven't really had any to go out on dates at all?
Speaker 5: What im is interesting? Okay, how long until you finish it? How much longer?
Speaker 8: I got a little over three weeks left.
Speaker 1: That's a lie.
Speaker 7: Wow, you.
Speaker 1: Could like meet a waiter at the same time you're on a date with somebody. Maybe, no, try to you know, like birds one Stone.
Speaker 5: I want you to quit on your challenge, but I have a better idea. Let's try and keep improving on your social skills by reconnecting you with that barista, Jacqueline, because he's on the other line right now wanting to talk to you. Oh okay, yeah, sorry, that's how the segment works, Jacqueline. You're there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm here, Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? I'm okay, A little disappointed you.
Speaker 8: We're sorry that we got a misunderstanding going. I mean, I didn't mean to let it get to that point. Like I said, I'm just trying to work on my social skills and complete this challenge.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Just hearing your voice though and thinking about it is taking me back some He's a lovely girl I talked to with the blonde, curly hair.
Speaker 10: I'm a I'm a brunette, but it's like a light blonde.
Speaker 5: Okay, if it makes you feel any better, Jacqueline Brooke has worked with people here for years and can't remember their names or who they are.
Speaker 1: If I saw Jeffrey in a grocery store, just walk right past it, no idea, I.
Speaker 5: Walk back to myself.
Speaker 10: If I could, I have to ask you a question really quick.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Do you really have a dog that's named Kevin, like Kevin from the office.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I do actually have a dog.
Speaker 5: There was a long pause.
Speaker 1: Have the dog hold up a newspaper?
Speaker 3: I need a picture a minute.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's just a social skills kicking in y that might have been part of it. But look, the whole reason that we do these calls is to try and set you up on another date. So we would offer to send you guys out one more time to another restaurant or maybe another coffee shop, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the thing is that you really need to think about here. I keep wanting to call you Kevin Kenny. Is the challenge worked? Like you, you've made real connections. You have someone who wants to go further. I would say that's winning the challenge that you wouldn't even need to do the three weeks because because you've already improved so much, like she wants to be hang out with you.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm glad y'all think it's improving my skills and everything, But yeah, I really want to see it through to the end. You know, I'm not a quitter.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean you have to say no to the date though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll still send you out with Jacqueline though after your challenge is done in three weeks.
Speaker 8: Well that might be really nice.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got it, It might be nice. Are you willing to wait for that, Jacqueline?
Speaker 10: I mean, I still feel like the conversations we've had have been good, and even if it just sends it being a friend thing, I've I'd still like to go out in the weeks if you want to.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she just wants to be around you, no matter what the fu is.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: All right, well I'm calling it. This is a successful second date update. We're gonna reconnect you too.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 5: Awesome people like this. And by the way, Kenny, I just need to ask, do you possibly have a father named Roy you?
Speaker 3: Kenny?
Speaker 5: If you do, tell him to call in for a double date update, he'll know what it means.
Speaker 6: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Man, this is a great example of you know, sometimes all you have to do in life is just step outside of your comfort zone, try something new, and then naturally love will just find its way in.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's love but or friendship or something, but yeah, yes, yeah, I agree with your sentiment, Like I think this was so cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, he was just trying to push himself out of his normal comfort zone.
Speaker 1: And he did a great job. Yeah. I mean he has multiple people texted him. I'm guessing she's not the only one that thinks that he's flirting with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably what I mean, it's funny because he's not trying, which makes girls like guys when they don't try to.
Speaker 3: He's literally not trying. He just wants to talk to somebody.
Speaker 6: And move on.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So vicariously, girls are like, hello, yeah, hard to get.
Speaker 5: I swear it works. Just push yourself out there into something you don't normally do. So, Jose, what do you think skydiving classes movie? Oh it works for Kenny?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I don't think that that's what Kenny Instructor's hot.
Speaker 4: Oh Gray, my girlfriend is gonna see me pee my pants.
Speaker 5: But whatever you want, we can help you out with your dating life, at least try to. You can email the show at Brooke and Jeffrey. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back