Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at Breaking Points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent coverage that is possible. If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show.
Speaker 3: We're here with Breaking Points, which is a podcast. Think you've all been told that, and we're really going to do a focus group and what that means is a discussion. It's a discussion about stuff. I think you all know what we might be here to speak about. It's New Hampshire, it's the autumn before an election year. I was saying to these guys, we did have a fight once in the UK, so you know, you have to make sure that you beat the good people of Britain by not having a fight. First name, what you do for the thing where you're getting news from?
Speaker 4: Okay, James, I working, and I get my news from podcasts or the internet, like a news site like a CNN or NBC.
Speaker 3: Any particular podcasts.
Speaker 4: Five thirty eight podcasts.
Speaker 5: I am Dana. I'm a full time homemaker, and I get my news from like a daily email briefing, which one the morning brew. Hi?
Speaker 6: My name is Neve. I am a homemaker homeschooler, and I get most of my news shared amongst other moms and folks in non mainstream media type groups.
Speaker 3: What kind of can give you an example of any of those?
Speaker 6: Like health freedom groups or folks who are more leaning like opposing mainstream media.
Speaker 7: Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm a business analyst and I my news from mostly the internet, different websites NBC, CNBC, Fox News, and whatever. The one that pops up on my computer that I don't even ask for he shows me the headlines, okay, and also when I check my email the headlines there.
Speaker 8: My name is Debbie and I am a homemaker, part time teacher, and I get my news from my husband. But I do watch Fox News and techer Carlson Great, thanks so much?
Speaker 3: Is that talker calls and X now?
Speaker 9: Yeah right, Jim. I'm in advertising sales and I get most of my news from either Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and the two guys at noon. And iheard radio. Hi.
Speaker 10: My name is John. I'm a retired a service technician and I get my news from Newsmax.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 5: I'm Alexis.
Speaker 1: I'm an administrator for a state agency and I get my news primarily from the internet, local TV sas as well as national ones primarily WMR as well as the local Conquered Monitor and other local newspapers.
Speaker 3: What's the main issue in your mind that will determine how you vote.
Speaker 4: I wrote down smaller government slash for local control, looking for a candidate that's interested in making the federal government smaller, and I put down.
Speaker 5: The economy and abortion.
Speaker 6: I wrote down freedom like personal freedom, parntal freedom and medical freedom.
Speaker 7: The economy, we're protection education, and also making our federal government a little smaller.
Speaker 8: I wrote down constitution of rights, the right to life, and the economy.
Speaker 9: So I wrote down the Constitution of us protection of it and also write to life for the onborn.
Speaker 10: I've got securving borders, oil, independents and term.
Speaker 1: Limits, finances and economics, as well as reproductive rights.
Speaker 7: I think there needs to be more at the state level, because the states have their own sort of individual even cultures and personalities, and to have the federal government speak for all as much as they do. I think is got a little bit off.
Speaker 6: Of him at our big government level that they are not representing the people anymore.
Speaker 1: You can read all the bills that they pass, but they're two hundred pages long and they just slip in stuff that shouldn't be in there, Like the bills should be what the bill is intended for and not slip something in. So you can fund your pet project.
Speaker 3: Write it down, the name of the person, the name of the candidate who you're currently supporting.
Speaker 8: I would say Trump, and the reason being is because I would look back at his presidential days and all that was accomplished and what America was like, and then I would fast forward to where America is now and I wouldn't want to keep going that way.
Speaker 9: Trump, there you go, sorry. And the reason being is his past accomplishments we did in four three and a half four years, and he does support the working class a lot more I think than the other party does right now. And also what he's fighting now when he's going through the politic firestorm of all these affidavits, as he said, I'm fighting for you because if this can happen to me, it will happen to you if you say the wrong thing. You're in trouble today.
Speaker 10: Trump definitely, because he needs to put us back where we were with oil independence, secured borders, great economy, just looking out for us. He gave a military arraise when they hadn't happened for decades or years, I should say, And he made the VA better than what it was, and he's just he needs to take over where he left off, which is making us where we were, especially with the oil independence.
Speaker 1: Hey maybe I can't remember the guy's name from South Dakota. I was looking into some of his ideas and I would think that we should still stay with a Republican, but not necessarily Trump. I'd like to see some a little bit more of rational thinking come through. While I like how Trump had some ideas that were great and his financial abilities were leading us in the right direction, some of his chain is that he put in while he was interm directly affected my work and I didn't agree with some of them.
Speaker 3: Doug Burgham, is that who you were thinking of?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm currently undecided, but I would be leaning towards Governor DeSantis.
Speaker 3: A main reason why just executive.
Speaker 4: Experience, all the things he's accomplished in a very purple state, can get things done. Had the largest victory in recent memory for Florida, even though it's a divided state. So you know, he can get things done. And I just don't think he's quite as divisive or antagonistic as President Trump would be.
Speaker 5: I'm considering the vague for my vote. I think he's sort of an outsider, and I don't think he has any political ties that are going to influence everything. I think so, so I'm considering right now.
Speaker 6: Leading to Trump because he isn't a politician, he is a businessman. On his list of accomplishments was tremendously good for our country. My main hang up is that he pushed through the sort of COVID things, the shots and whatnot.
Speaker 7: I honestly don't know yet. I really don't. I agree with the warp speed kind of did it for me. So I'm not one hundred percent for Trump, but Dessantas I see some good points, but I'm not really positive yet. I haven't really made up my mind yet. Might be naive, but I was hoping for somebody out of nowhere to come in.
Speaker 3: I want to pick up on why you're sort of leaning away from Trump.
Speaker 4: I think we'll have a much better shout of winning without Trump at the top of the ticket. I honestly think if Trump isn't on top of the ticket, we're going to lose all the state races in New Hampshire because he's very unliked, very unlikable. I appreciate all the things he did, but in office, I think he did do a good job, but he's not a likable person. He's not a great person, and I think it would be a devastating effect on Republicans across the country to have him at the top of the ticket. I think we would feel that everywhere not worth it will be able to.
Speaker 9: Have some going With the vaccine, I too do not agree with the vaccine and got vaccine vaccine myself. It's a free choice to do so. I know Trump did say I would not force the vaccine anybody. I do believe that Trump was given some bad advice for Tucky with doctor Fosse, and I forget the other woman that was there. There's a lot of manipulation going on that the media will not be truthful about, but that is allow what took place. I think you got some bad advice.
Speaker 8: Well, there's many things that I agree with them on. I mean, the four years. There are some things, like I think a lot of times he speaks without thinking, and I think that that's a detriment to himself. But I do think that the media warps so much of what is truly going on, and I feel like that's a huge problem this in many areas, like with many of these candidates. I mean, it's hard to know the true person on nderneath me, because it really it depends. If you listen to CNN, it tells you one thing, if you listen to Fox News, it tells you a different thing. How can we make America great again? Because it's not great right now? It's not great. And I've got six kids and I'm watching them have to grow up in this and that worries me about what they're going to have to live with if somebody doesn't start shaking the boots somewhere.
Speaker 10: He's a businessman and he has a lot of hot back on him, and that's why he says some of the things that he does, because he's just he's a businessman. But he does right by the people.
Speaker 9: He could walk away.
Speaker 10: Anytime he wants with all his money, but he's still fighting to come back and say, I have to finish the job. I have to make us great again. When he put the tariffs on China, was bringing jobs back and doing the border. So that's why I like the guy. And yes, he doesn't say a lot of presidential things that he should be saying, but he also says a lot of things that people are thinking, but they won't come right out and say it. So let's call it what it is.
Speaker 3: I've seen you shaking a head a couple of times.
Speaker 4: I'm baffled by these arguments. I mean, he got bad advice. You want a president who got bad advice? That's really a cop out. But I think mail and ballots are here to stay, So they're here. So the media trumping up COVID and bringing COVID into the story, you think that helps President Biden to have a COVID outbreak on his watch? That definitely does not help him.
Speaker 3: So I think.
Speaker 4: Could Trump beat him? Maybe we all agree that Biden is totally incompetent, I think, and Trump already lost to him. Now, maybe it was a rigged election, but it shouldn't even been close. Right, he's Biden is totally incompetent. He shouldn't even win five states. So why don't we choose a candidate it doesn't come with all the baggage and all the issues and all the media hating him and all that. And let's get a fresh voice in there that can really whoever is the Republican nominee, should wipe the floor with. But it not be in a situation where a mail in ballot or media thing to swing it. It shouldn't even be that close, you know, don't leave it to the rest, right.
Speaker 3: Like candidates have said it, I've said, can Donald Trump beat Joe Biden?
Speaker 9: Is the fair election? So here you go again. We'll start and the cranking up with the COVID supposedly with the masking, and you know it's going to it's the same play they did it did four years ago. They're going to play the mail in ballots and the cheating is going to take place, and you know it just it's gonna be the same scenario again.
Speaker 8: Like I work in the schools and a couple of the teachers were like, you know, already, go's coming in the masks. Some of the schools are already going online. Some of the things are getting some of the colleges are getting shut down, like it's it's like.
Speaker 5: A deja vu.
Speaker 8: And then you think about it, Okay, so then the mail in ballot's got to come, Like do I think he can beat them? Absolutely, if it's fair.
Speaker 3: So you think that that that COVID stuff, you think is linked to the elections, and who's who's doing that, who's orchestrating that?
Speaker 9: The Democratic Party? It was it was an articles written by I forget what the news magazine was, but as a as a lial news magazine, and they came out and basis said it was planned to have the election go the way it was, and a lot of Republicans went along with that plan because they wanted to keep the swamp. They want to keep the already politics and some of the Republicans are involved with that. And it was a planned event and the use COVID as a way to push it in.
Speaker 7: With the pandemic, we see it coming again and there's a lot of writing on the wall. I think there's a lot of money exchange. There's big farmers behind it all. As far as can Trump beat Biden, I think I could probably beat Biden at this point where the guy's stumbling around, forgets where he is, can't remember his words, doesn't always talking about And so I wonder, like, really, who's who's running. We put the name Biden on it, but who's really holding those puppet strings? And can Trump win over those?
Speaker 3: Put your hands off if you think the twenty twenty election was rigged. I'm repeating what you guys have some of you guys have said back to me here and this idea that COVID is coming back up again. Put your hands off if you think that's a deliberate plan to try and basically stitch the next election up for the Democrats.
Speaker 10: It's all about fear, and that's what it is. It's all above fear. Scare everybody, stay indoors, weigh your masked COVID is coming back. I mean he had to help.
Speaker 7: It's fear, it's control to divide people.
Speaker 3: Well, if you think that's the case, and I asked the question again, you know for at least four of you nodding there. You know, I don't know about the exact semantics, but you're repeating about what you said to me. You put your hands up if you do think that there's at least some connection between COVID coming back and the next election being ready for. The Democrats said you had a bit of a hesitation over COVID on on Trump. Tell us a bit more about about that.
Speaker 7: Well, I was all for during the swamp, but as soon as warp speed went in, I was working in healthcare and it did affect me and everyone else I work with. I'm no longer in healthcare, thankfully, but it's really changed my mind on a lot of talk and where was the support to push through the vax and of force it. I still think you should be a choice, but I think he had a big hand in that need.
Speaker 6: I agree with Jennifer. I feel that he should have actually stopped it that he could have, even if Biden would have gone and changed it all. I think that he shouldn't have allowed it to be pushed through at all.
Speaker 3: Age limits. Some people have talked about age limits of public office, whether it's in the Senate, whether it's in the presidential race.
Speaker 10: You know, it's like kids in the candy store. They make money for themselves, they go win, then they don't have much money. They come out they're millionaires and even know where they get their money from, but they end up becoming millionaires and they vote themselves raises all the time. Ridiculous, ridiculous, you know, and uh, you know, as far as term limits call, they're the ones that vote for it. Where it should be the people who vote to the term limits, not them.
Speaker 3: What offices are you thinking about? Seven them at four?
Speaker 10: Is that were the main government itself? In Congress? It's just ridiculous, just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Is there anyone in particular you might have in mind?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 10: All of them, all of them.
Speaker 7: I just think career politicians, like you said, they go in, come out millionaires, multimillionaires.
Speaker 6: Just there shouldn't be anybody in there over fifty years, you know, making their way to the top after just being in there for life.
Speaker 3: It's not an age thing or how long people have been around thing.
Speaker 5: I think it's how long they've been around. I think that people are just so entrenched in the way that they're doing things, that they've been doing it so long they can't see other ways of doing it.
Speaker 8: I just feel like it becomes routine, like it's just a routine. It's routine, and I feel like the voices of the people even though they say that they're listening to the voices of the people, it would be a different world if they truly were listening to the voices of the people.
Speaker 9: You got Nancy Polos, he's going from their four more years today. I mean, my goodness. I don't think there should be age limits, but let's look at their cognitive abilities. That's you know, Crouse, that's all becomes a judgmental issue. I realize that, but you know, it's just because some people who are older, I have better wisdom because the years of experience. So we want to limiting their age. But if there's nagas kind of tests that could take, you know, but once again, who's going to be fine? What the test limits are?
Speaker 8: People need to know their boundaries, And I don't think that we should judge them and say, oh, you're this stage, you can't do that because we don't understand. But I also think that if you look worldwide, as you get older, you do forget things and you do like that's just a known fact. But I feel like taking on the responsibility of a president or a senator like I do, think age is a factor.
Speaker 6: I don't disagree a bit just because I know some elderly that are sharp attacks, and and then some young people that have no common sense. So I think it I would like it to be able to be a case by case basis, but no, but they won't always know their limits. Not everybody stops driving when they should stop driving.
Speaker 4: I don't think you need age limits because everybody is different at different ages. Of the question is I do Senator Feinstein and Connell keep getting elected when they're not competent, And it's because the entrenched incumbetency makes it very, very difficult to get somebody out of there, because once you have your connections, you have the fundraising, you have years and years and years and there the Congress does not turn over like it should. You have people in there for fifty years even when they're not competent, because it's just too hard to beat them.
Speaker 3: Who's in support of an age limit on the office of president? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think past seventy five this should be a limit as far as that there goes. Just like voting, you have to be a certain age. But I think if we had term limits, whether they have it upstairs or not, they would be out. And whether it be four years or eight years or twelve years, you know, they'd be gone, and it's good to have fresh new blood in there with fresh new ideas instead of keeping the same people over and over and over. It's a broken record.
Speaker 1: Well, I like the idea of being in the seventies, your past your retirement age, so you can still like understand that demographic and you've been through pretty much all the stages of you know, going to school, working, you know, raising families and then retirement and grandkids and all that. So you have like a good idea of everybody at their own stage of life. But I'd say like mid seventies, like seventy five or so, it is good.
Speaker 5: Like I really feel like eighty. I don't know. I'm probably the outlier in that age, but I feel like that could work.
Speaker 3: Put your hand up if you'd like to see some sort of cognitive test for those who run for office for president? Hands up? If so? Yeah, interesting, because I judge it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like I said earlier, how do you judge that? Because something can make a definition of what is cognitive and what isn't. And with this government today, they'll twisted anyway they can to get their agenda down. What they want to do. And I've seen some people who you know, I mean, think of President Reagan. He is in his lower eighties when he left office, and he says his better year as a second term.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump too old to be president or is he still the right age?
Speaker 9: I think he's the right age because he's got the ability to do far more than most thirty year olds can do today. I mean, the guy just goes.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's why. I'm not sure age is significant. I think it's more about their capabilities. So I don't think he's too old.
Speaker 3: What about Jay Biden? Put your hand off eating Jay Biden's to oldre president? What do you think of these charges challenges that are happening. How do we feel about those?
Speaker 10: It's nothing but a lynching by the Democrats. They're so fearful of them that they're going after him left and right. And this has been going on, what's seven eight years, So it's definitely just a lynching and they're just afraid of them. That's why they're doing Otherwise they'd leave them alone.
Speaker 1: As far as the charges go. I mean, I don't have a huge stock in the government conspiracies, being like, oh, this is all against me. It's a witch hunt. I'm like, no, it isn't you broke the law, you're being indicted. It's surprising to me that he's even a candidate. I'm all for having a Republican candidate to like, stop all this nonsense spending, but him is just you know, if you go to jail just like everybody else, it makes it very clear that you are not above the law.
Speaker 4: I think some of it is a witch hunt, for sure, and I think some of it are legitimate claims, like him telling, you know, the governor of Georgia or the Secretary of State of Georgia that he needs to find votes. I mean, the president calling someone like that is obviously trying to intimidate an influence the election, and that's that's something we should all stand up for and say that's wrong. I wish the charges weren't there because it makes folks like our friends here in the back row really solidify behind them, and he's been able to turn it into that sort of if I think someone back there said if they can come after me, they can come after you, Well you're not. You're not intimidating secretary's of state, so you're not you're probably not in trouble, but I think it's I think it's bad because I think it helps the Trump supporters circle around Trump and make it look like he's a victim, which I think he likes.
Speaker 5: And one word stupid.
Speaker 8: I think it's stupid. I think they're wasting a ton of time. And yeah, they want the money, and.
Speaker 9: So welcome to the Banana Republic of America. This is what other countries do to the other candidates. I mean, yeah, if there are things who done wrong. I think some of the things that were done wrong, they wouldn't make an issue of it if it wasn't a Republican or Trump.
Speaker 6: It's deliberately done by I think, actually on a more global level, to have a candidate who could fix America taken out so we can be kept under somebody's thumb who's doing not probably Bill Gates. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If he does get convicted, if he ends up in jail, would you still vote for him in the general election.
Speaker 9: I would vote for him because other politicians have done their political duties from jail. I definitely would vote for him. You have to, you know.
Speaker 10: It's just everyone here agreed that something's going on crooked what they're doing to him, So how can you believe anything that's going on in the courts of these affidavits or anything else they're.
Speaker 9: Going after him.
Speaker 8: I would vote for him, and I would hope that the truth would eventually come out.
Speaker 3: So thinking ahead to that general election, let's assume it's Trump versus Biden, and Trump is fighting that election from jail. Would anyone here be put off voting for Trump for that reason?
Speaker 6: I would vote for anybody who wasn't Biden, whether I like them or not.
Speaker 7: Think that it would be odd to vote for somebody that's in jail, somebody who's supposed to be running our country. The commander into you from jail doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 3: Put your hands up if you would vote for Trump in that election if he was in jail, Dana, You're a no, how come?
Speaker 5: How can you govern from jail? Like I think, even if it was not a fair process, I just don't see how you can govern effectively when you're taken out of communication that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's quite significant. Right. We've got four registered Republicans or independence who might lean Republican in this room, and half of you were saying wouldn't vote for Donald Trump if he was the nominee in a general election.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what you say. You could say, what if he's dead, they'd still vote for him. I mean that there is no line, right, There is no line, And I.
Speaker 3: Want to come back on that.
Speaker 10: How boutifar Biden's the nominee and he's in a hospital, a mental hospital, still going to vote for him?
Speaker 4: Then didn't really address my question.
Speaker 3: If you don't know who this person is, I think you might have been living under a rock. Donald Trump a word or phrase to somewhat how you feel.
Speaker 4: I don't mean it rudely, but my word is loser.
Speaker 5: I'm confused. He's not confused. I'm confused about how I feel.
Speaker 7: Competent, competent, but I don't necessarily trust him.
Speaker 10: Competent and wavering, making America great again, unhinged.
Speaker 4: The vak Ramaswamy refreshing ideas, but not serious.
Speaker 6: Optimistic, suspiciously fake.
Speaker 9: I don't know enough VP for Trump.
Speaker 10: He's well spoken, but I don't trust them. He took money from sorrows and denied it, and so I don't trust them.
Speaker 1: He looks like a and he acts like a clear politician, but he has no shot at being a president.
Speaker 3: Nikki Hayley strong and foreign policy consensus builder.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid of completely uninformed. I don't know who she is.
Speaker 7: Kind of naive.
Speaker 8: I have to hear more about her.
Speaker 9: But she's very liberal, liberal leaning on social issues.
Speaker 10: Rhino.
Speaker 1: She seems confident, but I feel like she's not strong enough to be our president.
Speaker 4: Mike Pattins experienced, has a good temperament for the job.
Speaker 5: More of the same.
Speaker 6: Not necessarily a bad person, but not sorry anything to offer, sell.
Speaker 9: Out, Confident, kind of likes to try to please everybody, and that can be an issue sometimes.
Speaker 1: Rhino ultra ultra conservative.
Speaker 3: Next one guys Tim Scott word or phrase Tim Scott.
Speaker 4: I like him, but when I see him speak, it just seems unremarkable, like doesn't doesn't set himself apart.
Speaker 5: Strikes She's honorable.
Speaker 6: I want to say too new, but I don't. That's not quite what I want to say, but I can't think of any other words.
Speaker 9: He's more experience, he's well spoken.
Speaker 10: You make a great VP for Trump.
Speaker 1: I think he's too strict on reproductive rights.
Speaker 3: Chris Christy tells it like it is, no way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Frank, I think he's a phony, outspoken, more liberal Rhino.
Speaker 10: If he didn't have Trump's name to mention, he won't go anywhere. Let's not forget Bridgegate.
Speaker 1: Seems like he's too in dated with the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 3: Ron de Santis.
Speaker 4: That's a strong record of getting things accomplished.
Speaker 5: Experience, morally solid.
Speaker 7: It's got a lot going for him.
Speaker 5: My Wood was experienced.
Speaker 9: Can you read for more years?
Speaker 10: He's well spoken. I think he's heart flowed in a lot of ways too, but he's well spoken. He's a takes charge guy.
Speaker 1: He certainly can talk very well, but he's done some bad things for Florida that has directly hurt you know, the elderly as well as some of the families down there.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, you've got multiple candidates on that stage that said they wouldn't touch in titlements, including Trump, and any candidate that says they're not going to touch in titlements means that they're basically going to go into the go into office, and then leave America bankrupt. Social Security is going to go bankrupt in ten years, Medicare is going to go bankrupt in eight. So the way we deal with it is we don't touch anyone's retirement or anyone who's been promised in. But we go to people like my kids in their twenties when they're coming into the system and we say the rules have changed. We change retirement age to reflect life expectancy instead of cost of living increases. We do it based on inflation. We limit the benefits on the wealthy, and we expand Medicare advantage plans.
Speaker 3: How'd you feel about the argument she's made that anyone can come in here. How'd you feel about the occument.
Speaker 1: She's not wrong. We are going to run out of money for it, and there has to be other ways that we can look for pensions and such for people that have put in their time. It's not going to be there. My age group is not going to have it.
Speaker 10: To me, it's just a scar tactic. They've been talking about this for decades and something that she says to make the vote to say, yeah, wow, she's right. But we got and increase people at Social Security. I think it was last year sometime, and it was a good increase. And for her to be saying that she needs to scale the peaceeople into voting.
Speaker 9: For her, the problem is, what's using Social Security, and you got a lot of legal immigrants coming to this country who are qualifying for some of these benefits which we're paying for, or who are younger paying for this stuff. To be using people who don't deserve to have it, it wasn't meant for that.
Speaker 6: It can't continue how it is, or it won't probably continue how it is, but I think it could be changed. Rather they're just eliminated.
Speaker 7: I believe we had a culture in America at one point where the working class benefited in their senior years after they were done working, based on what they put into the system. And now we have a system that you don't need to work and you can get the most benefits. In fact, we can penalize the rich to pay for those that don't work at all.
Speaker 5: Kind of struggling like as if I maybe I don't know something, but don't you have to pay into Social Security to get it? So the notion of people just getting it for free, I'm not quite. It feels like a talking point, but maybe you know that's not I wouldn't have come in here and said, oh, social Security's better one priorities, So I don't know.
Speaker 9: We've had neighbors who've gotten Social Security and they got on the premise either mental illness or they couldn't hear. Once they get the hearing aid in or kind of hearing it, they had to fix the problem. They could hear. Fine, they still don't have to go back to work. They still gotten Social Security, So it's becoming a handout benefit.
Speaker 1: I don't know about increasing it from my generation, like because it's just not going to work. There's too many of us. But for somebody who can't go back to work because they're physically just too old, like, we can't leave them behind for life.
Speaker 12: As governor and as vice president. And to be honest with you, Nikki, you're my friend, but consensus is the opposite of leadership. When the Supreme Court returned this question to the American people, they didn't just send it to the states. Only it's not a state's only issue.
Speaker 13: It's a moral issue.
Speaker 12: And I promise you, as President of the United States, the American people will have a champion for life in the Oval office. Can't we have a minimum standard in every state in the nation that says when a baby is capable of feeling pain, an abortion cannot be allowed. A fifteen week ban is an idea whose time has comments supported by seventy percent of.
Speaker 9: The American people.
Speaker 12: But it's going to take unapologetic leadership, leadership that stands on principle and expresses compassion. I want to women in crisis pregnancies. I'll do that as president of the United States.
Speaker 13: It is in the hands of the people, and that's where it should be. Well, when you're talking about a federal ban, be honest with the American people. We haven't had forty five pro life senators in over one hundred years, So no Republican president can ban abortions anymore than a Democrat president can ban all those states. Well, don't make women feel like they have to decide on this issue when you know we don't have sixty Senate votes in the House.
Speaker 8: I just think putting a band on it right there, to me seems like a control thing. When I think about that. Every baby is a baby, I mean from when they're conceived, and I don't think you can say fifteen weeks is a limit on it.
Speaker 6: It's a baby.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with a blanket ban. You're taking away a lot of choices for people, and not necessarily. You know, in pro of you know, an unborn child or anything like that. It's still somebody's going to find a way one way or the other. It's not going to stop happening. And you're putting a ban and you're forcing people into a corner and it's not going to help anybody.
Speaker 6: Fifteen weeks feels arbitary to me. I actually personally rather that we went back to where there was no government support for it.
Speaker 9: Save the child, take the child into adoption. People who can't have children want to have children instead of aborting them killing them. That's change the way we look at life.
Speaker 5: I still think it should be at the state's state level. I just don't agree with the whole federal oversight of that. I am a pro life candidate person, But I also think that Nikki Haley and the debate had a lot of points about consensus, like what are the things that people actually agree on? Like, I know, I understand, like intellectually that it's a human life and we shouldn't be bargaining with that, but I also think that there are things that people do agree and like you don't think a federal ban is where it's at.
Speaker 7: I'd prefer to see a federal ban on all more murder, including the on board child as well as our elderly. Any type of murder, in my mind, should be federally banned.
Speaker 3: Who would like to see that below that fifteen week man? He hands up if you'd like. Let's be love still.
Speaker 14: Okay, So we want to start on this with a show of hands. Do you believe in human behavior is causing climate change? Raise your hand if you do.
Speaker 15: Look, we're not school children. Let's have the debate. I mean, I'm happy to take it to start.
Speaker 3: They are charby one resident.
Speaker 15: I don't think that's the way to do. So let me just say to Alexander this, first of all, one of the reasons our country's declined is because of the way the corporate media treats Republicans versus Democrats. Biden was on the beach while those people were suffering.
Speaker 16: Let us be honest as Republicans. I'm the only person on the stage who isn't bought and paid for, so I can say this. The climate change agenda is a hosts.
Speaker 3: The climate change agenda is a hoax, and we have to declare independent.
Speaker 16: School And the reality is the anti carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy, and so the reality is more people are dying of bad climate change policies than they are of actual climate Governor's chicken.
Speaker 10: Little you know, it's algor all over again. The sky's falling. Climate change, this climate change that there. It's just another skits tactic to get people upset about what's going on. You know, maybe the polar had the day like the dinosaurs, But it.
Speaker 17: Feels like a fake topic to keep our eyes off of everything else, like blaming farmers and cows for climate change.
Speaker 6: When we can ignore the burning of tires in the middle least.
Speaker 9: There's no way we can affect the climate. What is It's a money grab for socialism, for socialistic policies, for one world government to try to take control of people like ourselves who are trying to make a living, to control our money.
Speaker 4: I believe in climate change. I've always found it interesting that Republicans, who mostly live in rural places and enjoy the environment, probably more so than Democrats, don't seem to care about the environment. So I thought that I always thought that's interesting. But I do think it's been weaponized and used as a way to push an agenda of limiting the government. I mean, the best solution I think for a lot of this is more nuclear power, and we are totally against nuclear power for reasons unknown.
Speaker 8: I'd say it's being used as a dessertant to try to get our mind, to get our thoughts, to get.
Speaker 3: Us like what they're trying to do by talking about this scare.
Speaker 10: So we can hop on board with the electric cars that are catching on fire all over the place, and there's charging stations every god knows how many miles and hopefully you don't get caught in the middle of the night of a snowstorm trying to get to one.
Speaker 3: Who benefits from from the electric cars.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the ones who are pushing it, I guess the ones who got stock in.
Speaker 7: This climate is like natural and it changes over the years. There's it's cyclic cyclical.
Speaker 3: With that Gramaswami Dad talked about it being a hoax. Who does this hoax.
Speaker 9: Serve globalist government control?
Speaker 6: I don't even know if we really know who. There are suspicions. I suppose some.
Speaker 3: Might Well, look at the science, you know this shows this an issue. You know you need to do something aboutance it.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, they're faking everything.
Speaker 1: It's not fake it's very documented, it's very clear, and climate change is happening. And anybody who's saying that, oh, there's a government conspiracy that's going to benefit from, you know, pushing this agenda, it's like it's already happening.
Speaker 6: I think climate change is very real. I think making it political is a hoax.
Speaker 3: Now, what this is is it's a mopped up newspaper front page for January twentieth, twenty twenty five. What is the kind of headline that you would expect to see on the day that Donald Trump is inaugurated, assuming that he wins the election.
Speaker 8: America is great again.
Speaker 9: If we didn't look at each other, America is great again.
Speaker 10: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Anyone can win.
Speaker 4: Trump to lead divided country.
Speaker 5: It's a miracle.
Speaker 6: Trump promises our nation freedom.
Speaker 7: Making America great again again.
Speaker 3: It's January twentieth, twenty twenty five. It's what you'd expect to see on this front page. January twentieth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden's president bidenn't begin the second term with record number of senators not too.
Speaker 5: Old, question mark, exclamation point.
Speaker 6: America votes for another four years?
Speaker 7: Will he last another four years?
Speaker 3: Lord help us buckle up.
Speaker 9: The rides are going to be rough.
Speaker 10: We are doomed, so.
Speaker 1: To try to keep it unbiased? What to do now?
Speaker 3: But the Ukraine War? Has the funding for that been too high? About right? Or too low? Too high?
Speaker 4: I'm not convinced as being used effectively?
Speaker 7: Too high.
Speaker 5: I don't think we can afford it too high, unnecessary much too high, and I'm not sure there's enough accountability for it.
Speaker 8: Too high, and we'd like to see more accountability as to where it's going.
Speaker 9: Exactly too high, and I think some of my is going places we wouldn't want to see it. God, it's too high.
Speaker 10: That there's a lot of scamming going on with the money. And look how they forgot about MAUI.
Speaker 1: Too high, and I don't believe it should be always us paying for everything.
Speaker 3: Who would you rather say?
Speaker 12: He?
Speaker 3: Who would you rather see be the victor of that war? Ukraine Russia? Or if you don't care, so you don't care.
Speaker 7: Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, don't care Ukraine.
Speaker 9: Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine.
Speaker 3: So the Ukrainians might be watching this and go, But we need the weapons, we need the one funding to do it well seriously, say right, So what's your all went back.
Speaker 9: But it's such a kricker government.
Speaker 4: We just have a history of trying to fund the right side that we think is the right side.
Speaker 9: We look at like.
Speaker 4: Cuba and Castro, and you know, we have a hard time picking winners like that. So we could support Ukraine, but we don't need to be funding their entire military.
Speaker 10: Don't forget there's a lot of Russians in Ukraine that all flout that that are living in Ukraine. People don't realize that. They think they're all Ukrainians, but there's a lot of Russians who want Russia to take it over.
Speaker 7: I just think that America needs to be a little bit more concerned about America.
Speaker 6: And my heart goes out to Ukraine or any country that's being maybe under the sum of a larger force, but I think we need to take care of America first.
Speaker 3: Is there more than meets the eye to what the government's telling us about UFOs or is this all just jokie stile.
Speaker 4: I would have said no a few years ago, But the stuff of the Air Force pilots have seen, I think there is more out there.
Speaker 5: I do not think there's more out there.
Speaker 6: I think there could be unknown things out there, but I think it's just a smoke screen.
Speaker 8: It's possible, possibility.
Speaker 9: It's possible.
Speaker 10: I think so that they could exist.
Speaker 1: I don't think the government's hiding it, but I believe that there's something out there.
Speaker 3: And final question of guys, I mean I had to ask this as a brit what do we think of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. I want we did it for politicians. I want a word or a phrase that sums up your view of that.
Speaker 4: Couple really love getting attention and then love telling people that they don't want attention.
Speaker 6: I can't think they're losers.
Speaker 7: I don't understand what the infatuation is.
Speaker 9: I think she's a narcissist. Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: As a fellow Britt, I could care less about them.
Speaker 3: Very good, Very good, Debbie. I auld assume you've got no comment, Debbie, because it's so offensive you couldn't possibly say it. Oh