Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, Start Up, Up Up, They making Noise, dot Up, start Up, Up Up ut Up, Episode.
Speaker 2: Three point thirty, the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. Thank you, Yeah, thank you, thank you so much for being loyal. Thank you for listening to all three hundred and thirty episodes that we put out, more.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and thirty three or four because episode zero and then we did a couple of interview episodes in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll just say all the episodes, thank.
Speaker 3: You for listening to every single one of them. And if I hadn't, let's get on with it. Let's come on now and catch up. He's scary Jones, not scary scary. If this is your first time here, I'm David Brody, Scar Brody Brody, and scary Brody's scary scary.
Speaker 2: I've been called worse things than scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mostly by me. And again his name isn't scared, but not no.
Speaker 2: You know, my favorite was back in the days of snall mail, people would write to radio stations and ask for things. You know, this is before email, right, and uh, the letter said, what was it? Oh, it was skeevee.
Speaker 3: No skeevee. I got a schevee Skeevie Jones, and I got at it on the wall. The Skeeter one. I actually hung up in the studio addressed to Skeeter Jones. Oh man, Skeevie must have known you. Uh yeah, sometimes you know, uh if to remember the old days before the Internet. I am mailed stuff. I am feeling it, man. I I just got back from the gym. Oh did you do a setup?
Speaker 2: I did several. I did rows, I did bench presses.
Speaker 3: Smell a rose curls, yeah, curls.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was. It was very surreal because in one corner of the gym you had Elvis working out with his trainer, and then on the other side of the gym, Jack Harlow was working out with his trainer.
Speaker 2: Jack Harlow the rap. Was he trying to Was he trying to get a hit?
Speaker 3: He's due. He just dropped some new music with Doja Cat last week. It's fucking fire fire. You gotta see that video. Anyway, it's kind of intimidating the shop with the Jack Harlow, I mean, with with him there, I mean he's you know, he's a Jack Carlo's Tritle's commercial was terrible.
Speaker 2: But he's good. I like his music and he hasn't had a hit in a while.
Speaker 3: Great, he's got. I didn't hear that the new music drop because you know, again pop music.
Speaker 2: I don't listen. But you know we're progressing from you know, not saying anything to uh, what's up?
Speaker 3: He gave me last time he gave me a good morning, and this time he gave me a what's up. I gotta, I gotta what's up? You know, pretty soon I'll get a fist bump. If I get to fist bump, I know them in but you know, he doesn't know. I don't think he's makes He certainly doesn't make the connection that like I met you before, because I mean it was only a couple of times. But anyway, Yeah, but he knows. He's now now he's used to seeing me there.
Speaker 2: Did you think you'd be invited to his wedding?
Speaker 3: No, I'll never get to that status, but it'll be nice to have a conversation. But have been There have been celebrities that have invited members of the Morning show to their weddings, and you were not on that list.
Speaker 2: I was not on the list.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering if you're a Jack Harlow wedding list worthy Not yet, not yet, but anyway, really cool guy. His trainer's even cooler. His trainer talks. You know, he's he's he's a big jovial dude. He will be he wi used to have celebrity friends. He will be the piss out of you though, if you look at him wrong. Yeah, I was saying it's nice to have celebrity friends, unless you know celebrity friends are not getting good press these days. Then it's you know, this is what it is.
Speaker 2: Man so much to cover? I had some well I had a hell of a week. Did you you just have a show called that?
Speaker 3: Make a show called hell of a Week?
Speaker 2: Hell of a week? Recap your life?
Speaker 3: Saturday night? Went to Parkside Restaurant and Queen's. Yeah, we covered that on Slice time. I think, did we? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot. I forgot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna let you make mid name a sponsor here. I'm gonna I'm gonna get permission. I should have screenshot at it or a screen recorded it. But you went to an event last night when you were dancing, Oh my god, like eighties Brooklyn Italian bee Boy Guido dance bee Boy style. Yeah, well biting your lip, yeah, bottom lip thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, I mean, I guess we'll mention it real quick, but I.
Speaker 3: Think it's just to finish it as a permanent post on the Brooklyn Boys account. Oh really?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, well, well let me finish Uh, let me just say that. Do we talk about the fact that I went to I I what was it?
Speaker 2: Oh? I I sat at Frankie Valley's table in the four seasons you did on Slice I did? Okay, So we covered it all right, yeah, yeah, and we made a joke about it looks like a cardboard cutout these days. He barely moves.
Speaker 3: I also tended to wonder what was the last time he was in that restaurant. Was it back when he was making music in the seventies or was he uh Lenny's Pizza in Brooklyn had a picture of John Travolti vocal. He ate the pizza there in nineteen seventy six. The movie came out in seventy seven, and it was on the wall for forty years until they closed.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you a story.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say who, but there was a pizza place, not I would say, fifteen minutes away from where I used to live, and my wife and kids, we all used to get pizza from there. And then one day I don't know, I don't I think they asked to come up to the Morning show. They were big fans, and I said, I know them, sure, let them come up. So they came up to the show. They brought pizza. Nicest family in the world, and they put up a picture of the Morning Show. This is a long time ago, like Lauren was in the picture, and Carolina it was a long time ago. And it was on the wall in the pizza place. And then, you know, whenever I go in, he'd say, he is older Tian gentlemen, Hey.
Speaker 2: Let me pay pictures still on the wall.
Speaker 3: Hey look us here, Hey brody, Hey we listen anywhere. Well, a couple of months back, I went in for pizza in this place, and everybody knows me, you know, because I've been eating there for like ten to fifteen, where everybody knows your name. Yeah, And so I look on the wall and the picture is no longer up. Those bastards, Why can't you I wouldn't say that, Why can't you give out the name? No, no, because I like the people there. The food's excellent.
Speaker 2: Why do you think they took down your picture?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But there was other pictures on them. It was like there was like pictures of Italy on the wall and other photographs.
Speaker 2: Now was it one of those things where they ran out of room and maybe I don't get that impression. No, there's a whole wall.
Speaker 3: Oh shit. What they did was they realized the people in the picture, most of them aren't on the show anymore, probably, but that cool three people in the picture. That was like eight nine people in our caricatures were all drawn on the wall of the Palm restaurant in downtown Manhattan. But we we stayed up until the bitter end, until they closed it. They closed it down. Yeah, I still have the pictures, grand opening, grand closing, grand closing. But uh, you know, I get my that was my one, my second restaurant wall, and one removed them and one got torn down. Slices, leave us a talk, But I put on pictures up on your restaurant. The Brooklyn Boys, we should do that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going there. I was gonna say little slices.
Speaker 3: Who what restaurant or place of business you go in where you have like a where a funny celebrities picture and autograph or whatever is hanging up. Funny could be funny, well something that it could be somebody that was relevant at one time and no longer relevant or B lister, a C lister, or a list.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, we'll take it all.
Speaker 3: There are pizza places I've been in, some in my area and some just in my life. I've been in where they like diners. Go into a diner and it shows like Tommy Valero and like he was in one episode of Law and Order twelve years ago, and his headshots on the wall, They're like, who the fuck's Tommy Valero? Yeah, there is no time she made the name of them. And then you google it you're like, oh, he was in one episode of Lawn Order twelve years ago. He must have committed like, hey, I'm Tommy Valero. I'm in Lawn Order this week. I'm a regular here.
Speaker 2: But on the walls, if you go into a place of business and there's there's a commemorative thing of someone who's like shop there, been there, eating there, whatever, but used their service, whatever hanging on the wall or whatever drop us a talk about we'd like to hear about it. Who is the celebrity or quasi celebrity.
Speaker 3: Well, this one diner that I that's I go on to him once every couple of years. They've got pictures of the owner with celebrities on the wall. But it's not like the celebrities that they weren't there at the diner. He's like, you had a picture with a guy in Vegas. He bumped into a guy in a re Like if you and I opened a restaurant and we put pictures up of us with all the celebrities we've taken pictures in studio, that doesn't count. At the radios, doesn't count. No, it just shows that we had a fun life. It doesn't mean like those people, oh oh look look at Brody with Taylor Swift, we should go to that diner because Taylor Swift loves that diner. No, she doesn't.
Speaker 2: She stood next to me at the radio station seven or eight times.
Speaker 3: But one of the big problems with Hoboken is every restaurant in Hoboken has their claim to fame that Frank Sinatra eight there.
Speaker 2: Yet there's no proof. Yet, there's no proof Washington slept there, and you know, Frank's Notatre eight.
Speaker 3: Nobody was you know, nobody was recording, nobody was filming. There was no social media.
Speaker 2: But places everyone says, yeah, Frank, Frank Sinatra eighth here back in the nineteen fifties. So I don't know. I am a little suss on places like that because they can't prove that he didn't, So I guess it must be true. But that they all do that, they all the places that are like like, uh, you know, yeah, if they claim to fame, is that Sinatra lived there exactly? Oh, speaking of which, on Daredevil, which is the latest Marvel show that I do the Marvel Movie Talk podcast on the Geekscape network on YouTube.
Speaker 3: On last Tuesday, Tuesday's episode, there were two episodes that came out Tuesday that In one of the episodes, Daredevil is talking to the manager of a bank and the manager of the bank says, oh, I live in Jersey City, and Daredevil, Matt Murdoch, the character, you know, his alter ego, is in the bank for a loan. He says, oh, I love Jersey City. His unpopular opinion, Jersey City is much cooler than Hoboken. And the guy says, yes, thank you for finally admitting that, Yes, Jersey City.
Speaker 2: I love Jersey City.
Speaker 3: Now scary as someone who is admitted to living in Jersey City and hanging out in Hoboken, which is the cooler, cooler city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right next to.
Speaker 3: Each o god, two buildings going up in Jersey City. I think Jersey City. I think the action and the fun and the excitement and the diversity is all in Jersey City. Oh oh oh unpopular opinion. That's ballsy. It's not ballsy, it's the truth. It covers more area, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, there's the Oh my god, everyone goes to the Man of Burger on one and nine, where apparently Mike Tyson used to go when he used to train at the gym across the street. U uh, there was a they're still Mike Tyson. No that there's a place called Ringside. It's it still is a boxing gym to this day and across from the Manna Burger, which is at the World's Fair. In nineteen thirty nine, you could look up White Man of Burger. It's basically credited as like, you know, one of the oldest sliders you know in existence.
Speaker 3: That's still a little greasy burger joint the size of a doghouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they smack the fucking beef on the on the flat iron grill. Well like a shed. It's a small little like a it's cute. It's cute, and it's a standalone place with a parking lot and it's yes, yeah, good. The sliders are so good, brody, But you got you got to be close to home.
Speaker 3: They were on dinos, drivers and dives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to be close, very close to the homes.
Speaker 3: They slide around why they call it, which is why I was told one hundred years ago that that's why they were called. By the way, you mentioned that some of the establishments were Frank Sinatra, like was like eight the ninety years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, apparently Leo's Grandezvous is one of them.
Speaker 3: I heard. I heard a car commercial yesterday for a New Jersey Cadillact dealership and they said family owned and providing wonderful customer service for over a hundred years. Now do I know for a fact or care that in nineteen twenty five they may have had a car dealership. Those people are all dead, So even if they were great at it, that doesn't have any reflect I go in there. Now, I'm just gonna say the Jones family wasn't the Jones family. But let's say the Jones family started at nineteen twenty five. Their great grandkids are working there. Now. Maybe if I go in there, there's no Jones people on the floor. Hell now owns the place. He doesn't set foot. Like where I buy my Dodge. The people whose name is on the dealership, they don't go there. No, they're not there. They own ten dealerships. They don't give a fuck. They'll walk along. Hey, let me show you this car. Yeah, they're not in there, like, oh, oh Stegerson again, make it up a name Anderson Dodge. Yeah, mister Anderson is not Well, hey, I'm mister Anderson. My family's been in business for ae hundred years. Let me help you out. Yeah, I mean they're obviously hoping that you're gonna go there because it's trusted, it's vetted people that we've managed not to go out of business for a hundred years. I get that right, It's okay, but it was just like one hundred years. Yeah. Speaking of cars, Well, tell me you got the number one rating of car dealerships in New Jersey and your prices are low.
Speaker 2: That's what I care about.
Speaker 3: That's all anyone cares about that. That's as far as you, as your loyalty goes. You better buy a car before April second of twenty twenty five if you have not. If you're looking to buy a car, fucking run and.
Speaker 2: Buy a car. When we come back out a quick day. Yeah about my car, speaking of cars, Oh oh, dying to know if you got it back.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the.
Speaker 2: Very briefly. Last week brought my car. It was a week ago today.
Speaker 3: You didn't bring your car.
Speaker 2: No, they brought They flapped out of my car up to the dealers car They told her all the way up to Westchester and I and they three three of my tires were fucked, and so was my wheel.
Speaker 3: They turned out to be a wheel was cracked, not the steering wheel. No weeks. By the way, people commonly called the thing the tire sits on is the rim the rim, right, But the dealerships cars places called them with the wheels. Now, yeah, so finally got my car. Yesterday. They sent it back to me. They drove it down to me, Brodie, I asked.
Speaker 2: Them, wait yesterday yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yes, So we're recording this on Friday. Yes, so we got it back on Thursday. Correct, When did you When did you bring the.
Speaker 2: Last Friday, last Friday afternoon, last Friday night. Yeah, last Friday night, when it was supposed to be like a routine thing and it was gonna for a flat. They were going to pay for it, so I guess that's fine. Well, they had to They had to actually send the car out to another area, and then they had to get the wheel because it wasn't in stock. And then then they had to do an alignment because the driving column was out. So up a pothole big enough knock your card of align.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happened. This pothole swallowed my car. So I'm my favorite horror movies.
Speaker 2: So I just want to tell you I have redemption and justification now for all that bitched and yelled at me about saying it was a sucker's bet to get the tire and wheel package, it pretty much paid for itself in one visit, three run flat tires and the wheel alignment and the wheel and painting of the wheel. I racked up over two thousand dollars in damage. Two thousand. You know how much that costs me out of my pocket with the tire and wheel package free ninety nine?
Speaker 3: How much is the tying wheel package over the How much is the tire wheel package.
Speaker 2: Over I have to go look at I have to go look at the contract.
Speaker 3: Because if it's more than two thousand, then this wasn't free, right, but three regular tires you would have needed one for. I feel, I actually feel happy that I did it, and I feel.
Speaker 2: That I know I did. I'm going to tolerate you being happy and I did the right thing. That was just a brief update, thank you.
Speaker 3: All right. I need you to be miserable, miserable so that there's there's that that thing. You need to damage your tires three or four more times to make it worthwhile that you that you paid for the run flat package.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But you know what, if you need a new car, I know you can go to a place that's been open one hundred years, family owned, family owned and operated. Right that doesn't doesn't that's not a selling point for me. Again, lowest prices in the area, that's what I want to hear, so.
Speaker 2: Real, real quickly. You had mentioned in the earlier break Oh what I did last night so are you gonna post that video? Promise you'll post it.
Speaker 3: I promise I'll post it. Oh you want the dancing video. The dancing video, the one withou set it off on the left. First one, the first one, the second one. You weren't so great. In the first one, you weren't bad. The one where you were singing did rob bass? Rob bass?
Speaker 2: That was that was DJ easy rock rob bass. It was I'm gonna rock right now based on I need you to post that on.
Speaker 3: The Brooklyn Boys Instagram account.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what happened was Dave and Busters around the country. They're reimagining a lot of the places they you know, obviously yeah, sponsor, sponsor by the way. They they they decided that, you know, let's do a little bit of a revamp on the cocktail menu, ad some food, some good stuff. They want you to go every celebration, you know, with sports watching stuff after work and hanging out with your corporate events.
Speaker 3: That should be the place to go. It's also a place for families, as you know. And they and they upgraded some of the games in there. So they did this thing in Times Square to decide that they said, let's let's it's not that they're reopening, because they have been open, but look, you know, let's celebrate.
Speaker 2: Let's have a party.
Speaker 3: So they got Eli Manning from the from the Giant quarterback of the Giants to come in and bey who looked like Eli Manning because you've had that problem before. He was actually like, he showed up, he gave a speech and I didn't know that Melissa Gorga and Joe Gorga from the Real Housewives of New Jersey we're going to be there. Yeah, friends, yeah, And it was it was so cool running into them and he was like, oh my god, I know you're going to be here.
Speaker 2: I don't know you were going to be here. So we spent a lot of time hanging out. Well. So one of the things that was going on there was a DJ spinning and they had a little mini dance floor in the middle of all of the video game area. They had a couple of break dancers come in and do some.
Speaker 3: Old school eighties moves set to early eighties electro hip hop stuff like you know, like the Africa Bimbada stuff and you know back in the day before that was before your time, because you grow up on Nicki Minaj way before.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wasn't even born yet.
Speaker 3: So so then they go into like rob bass and DJ easy Rock from a song from nineteen eighty eight, which I know every friggin word to.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry about eighty percent. I'm I'm I'm actually on the on the sideline and I'm rapping to the song. The two break dancers see me, they pull me to the middle of the dance floor and they want they put their friggin hat on my head. It was a Yankee hat backwards y, and they want me to like kind of lean into it and do the rap. So I just gave a show to everybody that was watching. And then so I'm like jumping around the dance floor like a frigging buffoon rapping to It takes two to make a thing go right, And I felt in the moment, all right, I guess I have to do this because they're pulling. Don't you hate that If you're sitting at a wedding or wherever you are at an event and the crowd motivated comes and they're trying to pull everybody up on the dance floor. You've had that happen to you, right, Brody, No, you've had it happen to you.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna how do you get at it. I'm gonna show you the face when the guy starts walking anywhere in the general area. Ha ha, that's the face. That's the face that says, don't fucking come near me or reach out for my head.
Speaker 2: Just put on the stank face.
Speaker 3: So if you've been at part of of a party before, you've had this happen to you. And when you're sitting here talking to some people catching up on old times and they're like, come on, get up, and then they're pulling you up on that or so one of the guests even worse, one of the guests who barely knows you, come on, it's time to get up and then dance. That's what I felt like yesterday because I just wanted to just wrap to myself in the corner, but the two breakdancer guys pulled me onto the dance floor and I'm like, ah, fuck, so now I'm putting on a show for people and looking like a buffoon. And I looked like a buffoon. And then in the following video, they brought like Joe Gorga and Melissa Gorga up on the dance floor and they're they're doing the same thing and they decide to go into like you know, set it off, Set it off on the left. Remember that song that's again once again way over people's heads except Maddie from the Bronx. You know, set it off on the left, set it off. I suggest, set it off, y'all. Set it off, Set it off from nineteen eighty four anyway. So yeah, so that that was what was going on. But I gotta say the coolest new game is the human Skill Crane. The human crane where you are the crane. You know those those skill crane games that at the Jersey Shore and everything, the scams that pick up stuff and then drop it the win one out of a million times the claw where.
Speaker 2: Where as it's picking up the prize and it just slips through that right there. You actually they harness you in and you are the crane and then the crane operator lowers you down into the pit and you get to pick up his and I'm the grabby. Yeah, I'm I'm the person that's grabbing. So anyway, so I got to do that. That's a lot of fun. And I picked the couple of like blow up pool toys. Oh, I thought you were gonna say blow up sex doll. Sorry, no, anyway, they had that.
Speaker 3: You know what scary the yet you got pulled toys. If I still had my pool, you could come over. Oh, Brodie, isn't that nice? I picked up an alien, a surfboard, and a banana all like life Like, I know you picked up an alien. Her name is Robin, Yes exactly, I didn't. I gave the toys back though, and I'm like, yeah, it's okay. I don't want to walk around with this green alien all night. That's the size of me and plastic blow up alien. And Robin texts me, I hope that alien is coming home with you and I'm like no, yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course Robin would want the alien.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm like, it's embarrassing to walk around the whole night with that. Anyway, it was a great party, good times. What did you do last night? What did you do this week? Brody? I do this week? Uh? You know what. I have a couple of stories about going out to a bar, but I want to tell you about what happened to me last night, not last what's the day? What'sday?
Speaker 2: Friday?
Speaker 3: Tuesday? I had to go to my daughter's apartment. And she lives not that far from a city. It's a very very crowded area, a lot of cars, but on her block, not a lot of cars drive up the block. It's a side street, not a lot of cars. But there's never any parking in front of her, in front of where she lives. So I had to bring her, bring her something, and I had to get something from her.
Speaker 2: So I say, you know, like I do I always do. I double park.
Speaker 3: That is a fire hydrant in front of her place, and normally I just pull into the spot where the fire hydrant is, I you know, double, I park in like a few feet from the curb, and I wait for her, and we sit and talk for a while and I leave. Not a big deal. Well, when I went Tuesday night, there's no parking space on either side of the street the whole block. Okay. And she lives on the kind of block that you can't really you can't really like go around the block. Once you know you live on a normal block, you make a left, left, left, and you come back, of course right right, right, and you come back. Yeah, the way she lived, the way her block is, you can't make a right at the end of the street, and if you make a left, you have to make another left.
Speaker 2: You get to a street where you can't make any turn.
Speaker 3: Miserable if you go up another couple of blocks wait for a light, it's a fucking nightmare. Okay, So I double park and I get the same shit that usually happens. I get a car they don't know if they could fit. Now, when I double park, I pull within an inch of the cars on my right, and I leave it where a door can open between the two cars that are parked, so that my daughter could get in the car. She gets in the car, and we were talking for like an hour, because that's what we do. I haven't seen her, you know, in a in a little while and catching up and we're hanging out or sharing Instagram videos with each other and TikTok. We're having a good time in the car. In the car, I was gonna leave. I wouldna leave, but then she's like, oh yeah, so I'm double parked. So the first couple of cars come by and they're like they're waiting and they're not coming through.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 3: There's enough room for a fucking truck. The streets wide enough for four and a half cars. Yeah, they can easily fit a car and a half between me and the cars on the left side of the street. So they're like, they go by, they're giving me dirty looks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I try to look to the left as they're passing me because I'm getting dirty look from them. They go through. Then I get there's a couple of people in cars that know how to drive, and they go twom right through, no problem. Well, then I get I get this this car, it's a mini van and they have to go by like a mile an hour because they can't And I see scary out the window. There's a foot of room next to my car. There have plenty of room and they're going through a mile an hour. Now, listen, what can you say about cars? Scary? No matter what speed you're going, if you're going straight, the car's not going to move sideways. Correct, So once you are halfway past my car, you can go a little faster and go straight and.
Speaker 2: Get out of there. Correct.
Speaker 3: They got to go the entire scary. They went slow. Even the trunk of the car was still next to my car as they were pulling through, and they didn't hit the accelerator. They had to wait until the entire length of the car had passed the car. Okay, don't don't drive if you can't get through a double park car. So I don't know. About ten minutes later, Now, my daughter's street's not that long, maybe maybe twenty car lengths. I mean, it's not along a long street at all. I'm parked about three cars from the end of the block, and I would say about nine or ten cars behind me. I see a car stop directly behind me, So it's double park directly behind me. Okay, and he starts giving me the brights. Oh God, Like, why is this car which is nine to ten car lengths behind me at the beginning of the street giving me the brights if it's not moving and you have you and you have your hazards on the whole time, Yes, my hazards are on. I'm he doesn't know if I'm in the car. It's it's it's ten, nine o'clock at night. Yeah, you can't see it.
Speaker 2: You can't crow cluck at night. You can't see shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Second of all, you're parked all the way at the other end of the street. What are the brights for? I don't know what your what your purpose is. So he's flashing the lights. I'm like, what the fuck is this guy doing. So then finally he pulls into the left side of the street where the opening is next to my car and pulls. Now three car links behind me, and he's flashing the brights again, like, I don't understand. You don't have a big car drive fucking through. What do you want me to do? Start my car and leave there's room? Yeah, okay. So then he starts blowing the horn. I'm like, fuck this, I'm not moving my car, and my daughter says to me, dumb, move your car. Let him let me.
Speaker 2: You know still how to drive.
Speaker 3: So the car pulls next to me and again scary a foot and a half a room and goes by, gives me the dirtiest look. Now, first of all slices helped me out here. You can leave a talk back. I know I'm not supposed to double park. Leave that part out of your talk back, but if I leave enough room to get by, if you don't know how to get passed the double park car. When you live in the New York New Jersey area, you shouldn't be driving because people double park all over the place. Yeah, that's especially in these neighborhoods. Yeah right, this isn't Tucson, right. Well yeah, So they finally go through, more cars go through on getting dirty looks whatever. Finally scary, a woman pulls up behind me, behind my car, and she's she's blowing the horn. So my daughter turns around and says, hell, is that old bag want? Because that's my daughter, you know? And I said, I don't know. So so I'm waving out my I stick my arm, and I go go around, go around. She wouldn't even attempt to pull into the left lane to go around me. She just kept blowing the horn. She wouldn't go around. My god, what's wrong with these people? I don't know. I don't know. So I so at that point, I'm like, yeah, fuck it, she's not even gonna try to go around me. So I went around the block.
Speaker 2: I went around and around and around the left and right, and I thinking, what is wrong with people?
Speaker 3: Go around? I'm really, you can't navigate your way past the double buck card? Don't drive? I don't know, man, are you and you're you're saying that there was definitely enough room to go go through because Scary she was driving a Honda cr V, which is a tiny mini van. It's value.
Speaker 2: I just want I want to know why so many people had a problem with you sitting there.
Speaker 3: The person who was giving me the brights when they went through, there was six cars behind them that went through like thisom no problem minivan. A lot of beginning, a lot of beginner drivers. Repair van went by. You had some beginner drivers there, Brody. You had to you had to have them. That's what that That's what was there. What would you have done? Would you have just when they gave me the brights, would you have been like, fucking I'll move.
Speaker 2: You're like, fuck it. They should go around me. Fuck it, they should go around me.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, slices if you're gonna leave a messag. I want to know where you live in, what kind of neighborhood you live in? Before you tell me like I shouldn't double park. Keeping in mind, just like Scary said, this potholes. Everywhere you grow up in Brooklyn, they teach you how to parallel park, how to make an illegal you turn.
Speaker 2: We had a double park. All right, that's your driving test.
Speaker 3: The Brooklyn Boys Podcast. We will be right back sometimes they need those commercial breaks to calm down a little bit. Yeah, this kind of reset hits the reset button you bring because you ramp up, you explode, and then then we go right back to zero we started.
Speaker 2: I forgot some I forgot something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck you woman with the brights, fuck you c r V lady, fuck you, and uh and fuck you person who drives slowly until your entire car is passed my car, and fuck you. The person who asks me for a favor, You do the favor and then they don't take the favor, and not fuck you. I'm just adding on to that fuck you because it just feels good right now.
Speaker 2: But this happened to me. So have you ever had somebody in your life that asked you for a favor? It could be back in the day of you know, getting concert tickets or you're doing something like that. So I recently I made a restaurant reservation for somebody, and it was hard to get table. And it was a large party, but you told them who you were. It was a large party. It was a large party, and it was it was a hard it was hard to get table. So I made some phone calls and I jumped through hoops and even and the person even said, hey, you're going to be there, and I'm like, no, no, no, this is totally for someone else. And they're like, all right, we got it done.
Speaker 3: So they get the large party in on a very popular night of the week to a very hard to get table at a very popular restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And then when I told the person that I mission a complished, I understood the assignment, they said to me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah about that reservation. Yeah, we decided we're going.
Speaker 3: To go somewhere else because this other person that doesn't want to go there. So after you pulled all the strings, after I pulled all the strings, Yeah, so that's the last time you do them a favor.
Speaker 2: Well not really.
Speaker 3: This person is very very sweet, But I wanted to just use this moment and use this as an example for just a larger issue in life because I know a lot of I just wanted to use that to start the conversation because I know this happens all the time to people where you go out of you you go out of your way. It could be something that puts you, you know, maybe maybe you spend money on something, maybe you you know what I mean, Like you've gotten, you've had this before. Contract tickets is the thing that comes closest and resonates with me. Whereight someone asked me for something and I and I finally and I come through with it.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, oh, yeah, yeah, can you do the other the next night? Because this person is in concert three nights and they can't go on night one.
Speaker 3: Uh, but we appreciate the tickets. Can you try for night too? Or even worse? Yeah, the seats about those? Can you mean we've had that? I've had that happened to me over the years. Oh. Absolutely, But that's a that's a un that's unique to us because this is our industry. Well, I had someone ask me for tickets to uh a jingle ball outside New York. Now, jingle balls outside New York are a little easier to get tickets too for us back in the day. I don't know about now, but you know ten years ago the jingle ball in Boston or Atlanta, you could you could maybe ask for a favor and get tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And since I wasn't going, I was like, oh, I'll just you know, give them no.
Speaker 3: Ever, so somebody said to me, can you get me tickets for our family to go to this out of town you know, not New York jingle ball. I said, yeah, let me see what I can do. Send off an email. Listen early in the favor. Yep, a very close friend they're going to be in this town. They said, yep, got me four tickets. So I email this this person back and I say, hey, I got you four tickets. He said, oh, you know, our daughter really wants to bring her friends, and you know that she's got to go with her. Can you get us eight tickets instead of four? And you get us another four together? Wow?
Speaker 2: No, that's some balls.
Speaker 3: No, I can't get you eight. I did a fact I got. I used up a huge favor getting the four. Not only do you want another four? You want eight together? What? Oh? Yeah, so you gotta watch you get me Caul, who you do favors for? You have to because all of a sudden it turns into you know, oh you know, does does that include backstage passes? Does that include food? Is there like a food area that we didn't get into? And no, no, no, so yeah, so what happened with the restaurant?
Speaker 2: Did you have to cancel the reservation? I did? And then the person who did me the favor was like really really because I knew the person at the other end.
Speaker 3: At the restaurant, because they could have booked it for somebody else. Yeah, I mean they canceled it in well enough time. They didn't like, they didn't fuck me over on that. But but it was just like I went through all that and I also felt like I wasted a fate.
Speaker 2: I also wasted and asked you know, on something.
Speaker 3: Right right, because they did you the favor? Yeah, so you know, well they did you half a favor the reservation. But here's the thing, why would they Why would you have a friend person ask you to make a reservation knowing it's hard to get as a huge favor before they checked with everyone in their party to see if they.
Speaker 2: All wanted to go to that restaurant.
Speaker 3: Why are they waiting till after they get the reservation to go because hey, Mike, you want to go to that Italian restaurant?
Speaker 2: No, I don't need Italian. So before even putting me through any of this, vett it through their friends.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, confirm, Hey can we all do Friday night at seven o'clock. The person is probably a novice at at plan making. But that's okay, that's all right. Well they knew the plan to call you. They're not that novice. Oh scare hook us up. It's easy, it's easy, simple. There's people I don't do favors for. You gotta be careful. You've got to go to vet you. You gotta vet the favors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I.
Speaker 3: Needed a favor?
Speaker 2: What favorite did you need? Can we talk about the favors? Or did you have somewhere you wanted to go? I have I have something for you?
Speaker 3: But you ahead?
Speaker 2: No, you go go ahead?
Speaker 3: I got okay, what do you got? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: So last weekend, on Friday night, I went out to dinner with last Friday night the boys, right, the boys about this Josh, the Josh Dinner, Josh and the and the Z one hundred old school boys. So did I tell you about my personal trainers?
Speaker 3: Went up? Yeah, you told me I might.
Speaker 2: I don't might it might have made a small mention. I don't know if I did or not. But have we done the Brooklyn boys since you went to dinner? No, we have not.
Speaker 3: You have told me, you said on Slice time, but you didn't give me detail. Yeah, just that we had an unexpected guest. My train has showed up. Well yeah, well here's what happened. So when I was being you know, I was working out, a trainers showed up, but I wasn't invited. When I was working last week.
Speaker 2: When I was working out last Friday in the day, he was asking My trainer was asking me, Oh, what are you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: I said, Oh, We're headed.
Speaker 2: Down that Gabrielle is in in Red Bank. It's an Italian steakhouse. Awesome food. Everything I hear, great things. Place gets all lively and whine. Oh yeah, who are you going with?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My old school's even hundred friends.
Speaker 3: Oh he's dude, I live four minutes from there, so I said really, he goes, yeah, he goes. I said, look, we're going to go to the bar ahead of time. We're gonna we're gonna stand up, have some drinks. I said, if you're in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by. He goes, Oh, I'd love to. So my boy Andrew decides he's coming through. He's like, you know what, I'll be there. So I hang out with Josh and Sal and Bernie and all the boys that you know, you know, you should have been there too.
Speaker 2: Brody, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great. Yeah, we're hanging out at the bar, and in walks Andrew, my trainer. Well, last minute, our boy Matt decided he's not coming. Not Matt Merch no different Matt.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw some of the table. I didn't recognize Mattie. I was like, oh, another person that was there, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my trainer. So Matt, Matt decided he wasn't coming. But we had a table for six and there were five of us, and so I guess Josh and Sally and Brandon, everybody. They got to talking to Andrew and like oh he's a cool guy, yeah or whatever. And then we goes time to all right, your table's ready, they said. He goes, oh, well we have an extra seat. You want to join us for dinner. And Andrew's like, friend Brody was gonna come, but we didn't invite him. Well, Matt's not coming, Yes, come with us have dinner.
Speaker 3: So we sit down at the table and then my fucking personal trainer is sitting right across from me, staring me right in the face.
Speaker 2: Oh did you order appetizers for the table?
Speaker 3: No? I did not. Let me tell you a great way to keep my eating in check is to take my personal trainer everywhere, because now I'm thinking, like this guy, So the bread basket shows up and it's just like this fluffy garlic bread. It's scary. No, it was probably they don't for their garlic bread. So I'm sitting Apparently they okay. So I'm like, uh, I'm like sitting there and he's looking at me, and my train's look at me. I'm looking at him, and he's like yeah, he goes, that's all right, he goes. It's the weekend. It's okay, you can cheat, go for it. It's the freaking weekend. Baby, I'm about to have me some garlic bread. But instead of it's bright exactly. But if I but I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna have half. So i eat half a piece of garlic bread and then I'm eating all like proteins, half the first half, of the second half, the second. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now I'm meeting and I'm sitting there, I'm like, what is going on? So I mean I'm meaning like a lean steak, some vegetables, like I had a sensible meal because it was just weird to like sit there and eat in front of the guy who works so hard all year to try and help me take this weight off and build muscle.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So it was just a very very funny scenario.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking, like, this is like Brodie would get himself into this situation because I didn't invite him. My friends invited him to dinner. I didn't invite him, but I was like, yeah, come on, sit down with us. And I'm like sitting there, like, no, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. When you get a haircut, you know, they always make it too short.
Speaker 3: Right. If they make it too short, it's longer before you have to come back. So I've always said they should make it too long so you come back sooner. That makes sense, right, Yeah, Well, if your personal trainer's job is to get you in shape, then he should not comment on how much you eat, because if you gain weight, then you have to go back to him for longer period of time to lose the weight.
Speaker 2: Again, you're describing doctor fat loss right now. Scary.
Speaker 3: Hey, I have a question for you. Right well, we have a commercial break coming up here. We gotta take a break. We gotta take a ring. We gotta take a bring, we gotta take a break, We gotta take a.
Speaker 2: Scar and Brody, Hey, now that we're back, hit the jingle.
Speaker 3: Oh you fuck you man, that was the last break, doesn't count anymore matter you slipped it in.
Speaker 2: That was several minutes ago. Now it was.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So this is our last break, right? No, we have another one.
Speaker 3: No, no, we have two more breaks. Okay, I wanted to talk about the favor that I needed. I needed two favors in the past couple of weeks. The first one I haven't talked about. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I talk about the Instagram favor I needed.
Speaker 3: No, Well, somebody in my life reaches out to me and says, you got to help me. My Instagram account was hacked. My email got hacked, and I can't log into my Instagram because I can't use my email to forget my password and get them to email me back. I got hacked. I'm like, oh, that's crazy that they would hack your email and I don't know how they got you. They must have used her email to reset the password, and they locked her out. They locked her out of her account. So she says, hey, listen, you're the only person I know with a verified account. And apparently on Instagram you can't use the help people, the support people unless you're verified. If you're not verified, you fucked, which is a really shitty system. By the way, same with Facebook. Facebook no longer has any kind of help. Remember I told you when I first got nailed for the wheelchair that I sold on right, I was able to talk to someone on the phone. I said, call it a chair with wheels, and I got nailed again for chairwit wheels. You can no longer access to people to call on the phone. That's gone too, thanks Meta your focks. Anyway, Instagram, you have to be verified, so I say, I was like, listen, it's a person I like.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, I'll do your favorite. Let me see what I can do.
Speaker 3: Give me, give me your screen name, and because I don't follow them on Instagram, give me a screen name and your email address and I'll try to. I'll try to, you know, see what I can do as a verified account. Well, apparently being verified doesn't get you help. Support doesn't get your help or support of any kind.
Speaker 2: So then what does it give you? Just a badge?
Speaker 3: Nope, it allows you to pay fourteen ninety nine a month to then get support. But if you're not verified, you don't have access to the fourteen ninety nine a month, So.
Speaker 2: You don't even get the chance to even pay for it because you're not a vip wow get the chance to pay for it if you're verified.
Speaker 3: That's a scam.
Speaker 2: That's a scamboni right there.
Speaker 3: So I said, you know what the least I could do is like, if I have to pay for fourteen ninety nine, I can cancel it right away. So I say to the person, are you willing to pay the fourteen ninety nine? Yes? So I go in to do the help desk and says what happened? And I said, well, my account was hacked. What's the screen name? You have the screen name? And it says.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, and what's the email address?
Speaker 3: Email address? And it says, okay, click here to submit, and it goes to a page and it says what is the account in question? And I go, this is the account, this is the email? Submit and it loads and it loads, it comes and it says, okay, great, what is the account and what is the email?
Speaker 2: It goes into a fucking loop.
Speaker 3: It doesn't let you out of the loop.
Speaker 2: They set that loop up on purpose, and you know, you know it they did.
Speaker 3: They won't help you.
Speaker 2: No, of course not, why would they. They will not help you.
Speaker 3: So I had to use my contacts of people who work in the media industry.
Speaker 2: Oh you look at you with the low key flex.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I worked at iHeart and I got to meet a lot of people. I have interns that work at TikTok and Spotify. Anyway, I reached out to the right person and they reached out and they said, I need these six questions answered, which I got at information from the woman I was helping, and within six hours the account was restored.
Speaker 2: We had access again.
Speaker 3: Fantastic. Okay, that's the good news. Well that's the easier story, as much as that was a pain. So I don't know if you've met me scary, I'm opinionated, No, you don't say. And I also sometimes I'm a little bit obnoxious sometimes, Nah, who are we talking about.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about.
Speaker 3: David Brod believe it or not. Believe it or not. Yeah, So sometimes when I see things on social media that I don't agree with, using one of my backup accounts. Sometimes I say, I might say to that person, you're a moron, You're an idiot.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 3: In a polite I might say, like, you don't know what you're talking about. This is why you're wrong, this is nothing that should surprise anyone listens to this. And so I sometimes get into debates on social media. Again, not as not as David Brody, but you know whatever, right, I like to vent and I like to have debates with people to tell them why they're wrong. It's your only outlet. You you would sometimes you would explode. You would explode if you couldn't talk. I'm not working, so I'm home with a phone in my hand, and uh, you know, you're a danger Sometimes I get into it.
Speaker 2: You're dangerous your phone on the phones in the other hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay. Sometimes I talk sports, and I'll use my real account for that because I have debates about sports. That's fun. But when it gets into other subjects, I like to keep it private. Well, anyway, I'm on TikTok, and I don't have a backup account on TikTok because that's not what I use TikTok for. I use TikTok to watch videos and learn and entertainment and everything. Let me get you come across somebody stupid on TikTok. Well, I've come across, and you know what happens sometimes on TikTok. You know your algorithm sets you up for things you like. Yeah, right, So let's say we'll put it in terms of meat and vegetables. And I like meat. Son of all the videos in my four you feed will be meat based, yeah, and very rarely there's a vegetable video in my feed. Now, I hate vegetables, and if a vegetable video came up, I might go in the comment section and debate some people. You might. Sometimes a meat video will do it with a vegetable video and they'll say, look at this idiot, and the vegetable person will be spouting off stupidity, and the meat person will say the goodness, moron. Yeah, And I clicked the comment of course they that they tagged, because I want to. I want to comment on the original vegetables. Just couldn't help yourself, You couldn't have. Sometimes I hate you hate to fucking broccoli that much?
Speaker 2: Oh broccolis, Yeah, the worst, the worst.
Speaker 3: So I I you know, so sometimes you know, this will happen, like, you know, once every couple of weeks, I'll be like, what are you stupid? You know day? You know, so you're going in as David Brody the public figure. Yeah, well yeah I'm not. I'm not verified, I'm not a public figure. Doesn't matter, you know, I don't I don't get like, I don't like curse people. I don't get into like the ship that I do on on Twitter. I just feel like, you know, that's a stupid opinion, that's stupid, or you know, you're very wrong here. Don't you know that the TikTok environment is far less tolerant than the Twitter environment. Oh no, no, you absolutely pright.
Speaker 2: So everyone's there's a big difference between the TikTok world and the Twitter world.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why I'm I'm issuing a warning of people. So sometimes when I when I make a comment on a vegetable video, I'll get it. I'll get an alert that says your comment was removed violating terms of service or community standards. Sure, and I'll look back and it'll say like, oh, you know what, you're not very bright or the word like it could have been in the sentence, but the word but it's not like it didn't like it'll say, oh, you're you're uninformed, that's a dumb opinion. But they flagged the word dumb, so they they they flag it. So I'll hit the appeal button and they'll go, oh, yeah, yeah, you're fine, we'll put it back up. Well, I can't always keep track or always check my messages when I get flagged and I appeal them, and then you know, you don't always check to see if how the appeal worked out. Yeah, well, apparently I had two legitimate strikes against me in the past couple of weeks, and the strikes take three months to disappear. Man, you got you had a lot of time on your hands.
Speaker 2: If you've got two strikes against you already, you must be arguing with a lot of people.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't take me very long. Base.
Speaker 2: The strikes were like within an hour of each other.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, anyway, So I'm on, I'm on TikTok. I don't know, let's say, last Friday or Saturday, when you have been at that steak dinner with us. Yeah, I should have been, yet I don't know what night it was. Anyway, So I see this vegetable video that's duetted, and I'm dumbfounded by how vegetable this video is. It's so fucking offensively vegetable. Broccoli, broccoli, broccoli. I'm a big fan of vegetables, cauliflower. I click on the comments and the comments are so vegetarian ish, so offensive to me. So I said, you know, I said, I can't believe how painfully stupid you are. But I spelled stupid deliberately. Hold on, I just did you put a dollar sign for the ass to try and disguise it? I put, I put a line for the for the eye, and stupid I spelled it O O P, I s A.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't pick it up. I got you. I know what you're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Guess what about a second and a half after I hit send, TikTok's too smart for you, I got a.
Speaker 2: Thing that said your account is permanently banned.
Speaker 3: Oh suspended, not a warning, pumally banned.
Speaker 2: So you're off TikTok.
Speaker 3: So I freaked out, Like all my videos everything is blank, blank, everything gone, gone, gone, gone, my follow list gone, an he saved videos like you know, all my star Wars videos, my Marvel videos, my comedy. Everything I've saved in like a collection gone. I'm freaking out. Now I'm like, oh, now you've done it. Yeah, so you've done it again and again. So I appeal. I go through the website, I go through the app, I go through. So I'm trying every avenue. I'm emailing and LinkedIn, messaging everybody. I know, people on TikTok whose wives work it. Sure you know, like everything, nobody can help me. Finally, I see somebody used to work with our company, who has it worked at our old company in like ten years, And I message your on LinkedIn.
Speaker 2: I go listen.
Speaker 3: I see you're a TikTok. I know it's not your job. If you could help me, I don't know what to do. I sent appeals to TikTok. I was not truthful, I said my daughter posted them that she was on my account. Of course, your way out of this anyway, you could every You got.
Speaker 2: Nine rejection emails. Throw every lie in the book at them.
Speaker 3: They've heard you know how important your account is and how I'm upsetting this must be. But your account, after further review, is still permanently banned. So I'm like, oh, so you found did you get a lifeline? Brody? Because I see you you're on TikTok. Now you're back. Okay, I see you're back. So I don't know what happened first. So this person, this former co worker, says, let me look into it, give me your screen name and whatever.
Speaker 2: And while I'm waiting for her to get back to me in five minutes, I go with my.
Speaker 3: TikTok account and I see I'm looking to get at my three strikes, because she says to me, tell me what the strikes were for. Tell me, Tiger. Well, I call this one person stupid, right, okay. And as I'm reading all my shoes, you used the C word on anybody?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: No, I would never, never, never, never matter. I mean the way we throw it around this podcast. I mean it's a compliment. Now it's a compliment, I know. I see, it's serving, it'serving, it's giving, it's giving giving. So I see one of my one of my comments, and I tell her all the comments and I message her, I screenshot them. Okay, she says. She says, Oh, I can't really you called them, Yeah, it was just stupid. That doesn't seem serious. Listen this pedophiles on TikTok. There, there's there's people who hate the country. There's awful people on TikTok. All I did was call a couple of people stupid. That's not the worst thing in the world. Anyway. As I'm looking over my comments, I see that one of them, to me, doesn't look that bad. I said, your opinion is dumb and I and I think you need to rethink your stupid opinion. But I didn't say they were stupid. I said, you know what, I'm gonna appeal that one, all right, And I appealed it, and within three minutes it came off as one of my three strikes, and my account got reinstated.
Speaker 2: Ah, but now you're still at strike two.
Speaker 3: Yes, so when you log in, it says account ban warning on the top of my page. Of course, I have to wait till June twenty first, because that was three months. June twenty first, when the strikes will come off my account and I can go back to being a dick two more times. But now, the thing I really wanted to share was I went on TikTok as me and I went to the TikTok support page and I DM them and three days I'm going I need your help.
Speaker 2: Can you please get back to me? Canby never responded, So.
Speaker 3: Finally I messaged them in public at TikTok to support. Hey, I really need your help. You're not looking at my DMS. Okay, that was it? Well, something you should know if you ever ask a tech company on Twitter for help in public bots, automated accounts, and spammers, we'll see that. They'll get an alert and start messaging you with who can help you? Of course?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all scammers out there.
Speaker 3: So Stella Cyril oh boy tweeted it me back. I love your sincerity and honesty with your job. Message here on X for quick help. Go to this person if you want your account back, contact this person. JD Cyber a whole bunch of scamming, bullshit artists. Hey, hey, at JD Cyber, can can you help this person get their problem solved?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: You can speak to Jane Crack. Support won't respond to you. Talk to Jane. Yeah at silence with two e's says Jane Crack is a.
Speaker 2: Social media account recovery expert. Oh, I'm sure she is.
Speaker 3: Antonio Fuente says, I've heard a lot of good talks about Jane Crack.
Speaker 2: Why not give her a try? You know, Jane Crack. You know she like a crack at your bitcoin account? Yeah, connect them on What's app and here's the phone number. Oh perfect, Just give her your credit card now, Brody surrender.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, now we day, says Jane Crack can. By the way, crack is spelled c R four c K instead of the A. Jane Crack can help. Hey, Jose Louise Lopez says, Hey, with the help of Jane Crack, I was able to get mine back. Yeah. Sure, all right, you can seek Jane Crack Support won't respond to you, Jane and Crack will help you out. Yeah, then I got you. Must check out Karen Support one. Karen Support will help you resolve your problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bullshit.
Speaker 3: Support. Don't do it, folks.
Speaker 2: Don't don't complain in public because you're gonna get the bots and the AI now trying to jump.
Speaker 3: On and support all your complaints right directly to Karen Support for immediate assistance. Message received.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Uh, there's one more I wanted to read.
Speaker 3: You're reading bought language. Yeah all right, yeah, so just let you know. Don't don't email a tech company for help in public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of strikes, I'm back.
Speaker 3: It's podcast.
Speaker 2: You were at strikes, you were at three strikes, you were at you were at three strikes and then in two.
Speaker 3: Yes, now I'm a two. Okay, I'm holding steady of two strikes. By the way, you know what that means, don't you. It means when I see a vegetable account on my feed, I can't comment on it.
Speaker 2: I have to be polite.
Speaker 3: It is to be very polite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm being cursed.
Speaker 3: To be polite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Brody you are. This is going to be a challenge for you. Good luck you have till June twenty. First I see a vegetable video, I swipe and going, I can't do it. I can't do it right now. Yeah, everybody, if you're listening, send Brody your your favorite vegetable video. Everybody, Emailron. I hope you on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I hope you people are smart enough to know I'm not actually from Brooklyn. Vide from Brooklyn sending me your best vegetable videos TikTok. I love it. Brody can't respond. I love this. No do that, I'll I don't do that. I'm gonna be very brief about this. We're not we're not the sports podcast. But listen, I'm gonna say one thing. Yesterday was the opening of Major League Baseball and was well two weeks ago, right right, Tokyo. The two games, for all intended purposes, the rest of baseball, aside from the fucking Dodgers and the Cubs, started yesterday a major league Why do you do this to me, bro You get me angry. People don't have to waste that there was two fucking games in Tokyo last week, two weeks ago. Fuck you, For all intensive purposes, Opening Day was yesterday across America. And all I'm gonna tell you, fucking angry bitching Yankee fans is that it's a long season. Okay, that's right.
Speaker 2: And Brodie already knows where I'm going with this, because yesterday it was the ninth inning and the Mets were down two runs to the Astros and Wan Soto comes up to the plate with two outs in the ninth and it was all set up for the following.
Speaker 3: This is why we pay this guy. We got this guy for situations exactly like this, Because it was two it was.
Speaker 2: And he had three balls and no strikes on him. With two runners on base, the Mets had a chance to score some runs, tie the game, maybe go ahead with a home run right there in the ninth inning in dramatic fashion. And everyone knows about Juan Soto, the highest plaid player in baseball.
Speaker 3: We stole him from the Yankees. He actually made a wise choice in coming to the nets and there it was, that was his spot. Wan Soto comes up to bat, strike and then it was like one strike, one strike too. He ends up striking out to end the game.
Speaker 2: And I didn't hear the fucking end of it from my Yankee fan friends.
Speaker 3: Glad you have the sellout. Now the sellout's on your This is what an awesome start Juan Soto. Looking at him.
Speaker 2: You're paying them all that money, and that's what he does in the big spot.
Speaker 3: Ha ha. Of course, as a Met fan right prior to that, I was excited because I'm like, this is why we pay him. Here we go. It's on one hundred and sixty one more games. Thank you, Brody. That was my point. There's one hundred and sixty one fucking more games left.
Speaker 2: No concluding the postseason that they will get in correct. So to all you fucking haters out there that are still butt hurt that Wan Soda didn't sign, I'm specifically talking to Yankee fans. I'm just letting you know he's gonna come up in a big spot again and the results will be the opposite of what you saw yesterday on opening Day.
Speaker 3: All Right, I rest my case on late More poly not to be sports. The last sports thing I'll say in May, not that long from now, the Mets are going to Yankee Stadium for a two game series. Huh, it's gonna be pandemonium. Sure, you want to see Yankee fans get upset when he comes to the plate. Now, the nice ones will cheer him because he did a great job for them, but he's gonna get mercilessly blue when he comes up on the next uniform. And you know something the can't wait for that he's going to silence the whole crowd with one swing of the back. So whatever sport you root for, if you root for sports, imagine your team's one of your team's best players leaving for your hated enemy rival team and then coming back into your building in their uniform. What was going through your head? Yesterday when he was up in the ninth inning, Brody, I thought it would be nice, it was fitting. I thought it was like a pretty good chance he would do something. But it was like, all he struck out. All right, game one, Game one, all right. As we get out of here, I just want to thank everybody, well not I don't know if you're all listening, But I don't know if this is exactly the Jonas Brothers crowd. But I hosted Jonas Khan last weekend at the American Dream The Jonas Brothers literally.
Speaker 2: Took over there with the jingle button get ready with the jingle. They took over them. Mall that's all he did. And the whole day they had to hate when you call them all, I know.
Speaker 3: Activations, pop ups, concerts, no one knows what those mean. It was it was basically many appearances by the Jonas Brothers. They must have done eight concerts during the day. They took over the nick they took a little DreamWorks water park, they took over that.
Speaker 2: They did a couple of sessions in there.
Speaker 3: Whatever whatever point point is, let me tell you.
Speaker 2: And I also got to interview their parents. I got to interview the cast of Camp rock, and it was just it was.
Speaker 3: A one in Franklin Jonas. Don't call him that, you're about to call him that, don't call he doesn't like that. Franklin Jonas doesn't want to be called Frankie or Bonus Jonas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's He's got his own career and his own music. And I just want to say something here, and and it is people see celebrities and.
Speaker 3: They wonder are they are they as cool as they are on the mic, on the camera as they are off the camera and when they're at home and in their own world.
Speaker 2: And we know some people have terrible examples of in their awful track record, in their personal lives of what they do behind closed doors and stuff. Yeah, celebrities get in trouble.
Speaker 3: They always getting in trouble. Some of these celebrities get in trouble and TikTok and all that.
Speaker 2: But the Jonas brothers, my gods, the nicest, purest, sweetest guys. You know, Brody, and you can attest to this because you've been a part of that. I have stories, guys.
Speaker 3: We yeah, I know we're about to wrap it up, but like, for instance, when they came about out on stage and I introduced them.
Speaker 2: Each one came up to me and gave me a big hug.
Speaker 3: You know, it's nice to have that in front of a big crowd of five thousand people in front of you.
Speaker 2: But there really is a they grew up listening. But I saw the way they were with their fans when they didn't have to be nice. But they are nice. They always are.
Speaker 3: The salt of the earth, these guys. Way they were raised right, they really were, and it just goes to show you their upbringing and they they've matured into like really amazing men and they have. They're going out on a concert tour with Marshmellow World Tour. They'll be back here at MetLife in on August tenth. I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna share a couple of Jonas brothers stories, but I just want to just say something nice about them.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: There's no point, there's no hook to the story, there's no like gotcha moment coming. They are really, really, really great and you should support them. I want to say. Two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, we were still in our studios in Jersey City, and we moved out of those studios in two thousand and eight, so two thousand and six thousand and seven. The only song that Jonah's brothers had that was a hit at that time was the year three two thousan three thousand, the year three thousand, yeah, right in the year three thousand. Yeah. Anyway, I knew the song because my kids listened to Disney and Nickelodeon and Disney Channel, I guess, and that song was a hit. So sometimes unknown artists, a young artists will be brought into the radio station with their record label people to meet the big shots, the bosses, so they can Hey, I want you to meet these new kids. They're gonna be huge. Some they came up to the radio station and they were standing outside our office. You remember we had a big office. Mine was right across from Elvis's. It was in a big room. I had Greg t next to me at that time, and I was like, hey, Jonahs brothers, and they lit up.
Speaker 2: They're like I was like, I'm David Brody.
Speaker 3: Like we know who you are. We grew up listening to you guys. Oh my god, I said, listen, I really liked that song, the year three thousand. It's it's a great song. Were you doing up here. Oh, we're here to meet Tom Tom Pulman or old boss whatever. And also the current I don't know how old the Jonah's brothers. Let me say all they were hold on what year? Look up when two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, Well, what year was Nick Jonas born? Oh, nineteen ninety two, so oh at two point? At this point he was sixteen years old? Yeah, seventh, right, they were like sixteen eighteen years old. Okay, couldn't have been nicer anyway. We talked for a little while whatever, blah blah blah. I took a picture with them whatever.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then in December of that year, they're playing jingle ball.
Speaker 3: Now I'm stage with my daughters and we're walking through the hallway because they want to meet celebrities, you know, and the Jonas brothers are being ushered through with bodyguards through the crowd. They had become a thing now, yep. And as they're going through the crowd, the bodyguards are clearing the hallway and they've been rushing through, and Kevin sees me and he goes Brodie and they stopped the entourage and the three of them come over inside of me and my kids couldn't have been nicer.
Speaker 2: I'd only met them once or twice before. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Now I take my kids to see some Broadway event in the park, Broadway, I don't know, some kind of Broadway stars all performing, and Nick Jonas is there. Yeah, And afterwards they're like, oh, let's see if we can meet anybody coming back off the backstage. And the way it was in Central Park there was these barricades, huge barricades, and behind the barricades was I don't know, twenty feet away was the entrance to the stage that they'd set up in Central Park. And the people who were backstage, the celebrities, the people who work there, they're all leaving left to right, twenty feet away past the defence. And I know where they were coming out because I had gotten VIP passes and I saw where the backstage was. And as we're standing there to see who might come out, Nick Jonas walks out. Now again he's twenty feet away from the from the barricades, and he's not with anybody. No body guages him in a leather jacket, walking out like he's going home. Yeah yeah, and I go I waved him and go, hey Nick. He sees me, he stops, walks all the way over to us, gives me a hug. He says, your girls are here, hugs. My kids is going take selfies, look selfies with them. Couldn't have been nicer. Yeah, last story of the Jonas Brothers before we get out of here. I'm a jingle ball. I want to say twenty twenty, twenty eighteen, twenty twenty was the pandemic. So how did you get twenty nineteen? Maybe twenty twenty nineteen because they was that was their year, their comeback after they hadn't done stuff in the year. Right. Yeah, So my kids just want to say hu to the Jones brothers backstage. So you know that interview area by the gift lounge, the stage of morning show interviews all the celebrities, and this couch is set up. So I'm backstage and my girls are with me, and the Jonas brothers are being interviewed by the Morning Show and I don't want to bother them, and I'd asked the record label guy, uh, hey, when when they're done, can you know the Jonas brothers can and my kids say Hi, they know me, they know my kids. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: We got a tight schedule, tight schedule. It can't talk to them, and I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't stand when that shit happens. It's like get a And then I gotta move them on. I gotta look. I gotta keep my job.
Speaker 2: I gotta justify my salary.
Speaker 3: And I get it. They had a schedule, they had a lot to do. I get it.
Speaker 2: So I tell my kids that go listen. You know, I'm sorry, but you know what.
Speaker 3: Let's waitfull the interview comes out, and when they walk by, I'll say hi, and you'll wave to them. Okay, great, So I'm like, listen any chance, seriously, No, No, I can't.
Speaker 2: I Can's crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't cat a kite. So they're rushing them.
Speaker 3: Off the stage and Nick sees me as they're being rushed off court, and Joe sees me and hey, wait, wait wait, and he goes through, goes Brodie and he comes over to me and he's hugging and the guy from the record labels like we're gonna be late, We're gonna We're gonna be late, and he's like relaxed, and three of them came over. They were hugging me and they took pictures with the kids. So again nothing but love. For the record. Guy, I understand his job. I totally get it. Not his fault, but they are just so nice. They don't care. They just like they see someone they know that friendly. They saw my kids.
Speaker 2: And this was the Sabrina Carpenter moment for me.
Speaker 3: This passed jingle Ball the one before this when because we knew her entire career and she's like that now and now you know, she had already erupted into this big celebrity, big superstar. You know, clear the hallway everybody, and she's coming through with her entourage and Danielle I were standing backstage. She's hanging out in the hallway. She passes us, sees us. After she passed us, doubles back to come up and say hello and give us a hug, because that's who she is, so well, some people never let and you know, it's also like Lady.
Speaker 2: Gaga, oh the best.
Speaker 3: She's another one listening to the show, friggin' I mean you, she's another one who spends time, sits there, talks to us because she knows us and it's it's it's just nice to know that the people.
Speaker 2: Some people, they didn't let it go to their head. That was really the moral of the story.
Speaker 3: So last time, when I worked at the radio station, Sabrina Corpman came up and she asked, He goes, oh, where are your girls? Because she had met them at jingle Ball. I said, oh, they couldn't be here. She goes, oh, can we record something for them? So this is if you can hear it.
Speaker 2: I want to play Hey, Amanda, I love you so much.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Now you can't hear it. See, that's why you hear it. That's why you need the seven million dollar equipment.
Speaker 2: Brodie. Hold on, hold on, let me pause. You have the seven dollars equipment. What do you you know?
Speaker 3: What do you expect up the gym?
Speaker 2: You want to pump up the volume.
Speaker 3: You hear this, Hold pup up the volume to get a better cable. It's not the system here. When the drum beats go like this, can you hear this at all?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 3: I love you? No, I love you so much. You can't hear that at all. Oh I love you some way, she repeated. She says, I love you so much. I can't wait to see you again. She recorded a personal video for you. Yeah, she's just a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: She saved you the money you would have paid on cameras. Struck then she struck the post. Of course she did. Oh she did the pose?
Speaker 3: The position?
Speaker 2: Which the position?
Speaker 3: What position? Was it? That? No, the one that everybody was.
Speaker 2: Everyone was like, you know, let's go crazy during the juno song, you're talking about that one. Yes, yes, another new position. I live for it.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I'm a perm. Nice boys,