Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, we talked team bonding and going away to training camp. Isn't important idiots, yes or no?
Speaker 2: The pads are on.
Speaker 1: We got some great stories there and that breeds competition in training camp.
Speaker 2: Who's going to make the roster?
Speaker 1: That all starts right now. But first we got a bake off and we got a special challenger, Fred.
Speaker 2: Don't drop that.
Speaker 1: Yell, okay, don't drop it.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Pulsen here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and Fred. We had a big deal yesterday, big deal on Get Loud. Yeah we did hear it was the loudest Get Loud of all time.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, anytime you invite Lenda Fletch and they got this, they got this brotherhood, you know what I'm saying, similar towels did they gonna ride.
Speaker 2: For each other? So it was fun.
Speaker 4: It was one of the loudest Get Loud. We don't be telling me. They got on you a lot, and then on totally.
Speaker 2: They got on me, but you don't tell. I ain't got no feelings so they can't hurt it. So fine.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you, because you do seem very competitive with Sean specifically, Yes, we Why is that.
Speaker 3: Because me and Shun just been it's kind of a ying to my yang, you know what I'm saying. So we just we always been like that. And Shun as loud as I am. Shun is very chill when he talking, when he's singing Zingers, So it's it works.
Speaker 2: It works because no.
Speaker 3: Matter how much trash I talked to him, it seemed to never get to it.
Speaker 2: Sean cuts Fred any different way.
Speaker 1: You've been around it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm around her a lot.
Speaker 4: So But the one thing I can say that we have, or Fred can have over Sean if he ever use it, it would be probably it will probably be detrimental to Sean is.
Speaker 1: The nuclear option.
Speaker 2: He ever uses. I always see him saving him. I'll be like one thing he says, there's one thing that would just kill all that all that pressure he brings that Fred.
Speaker 1: But you know, we'll keep that, We'll keep that off rerecorty. But it also I feel like this is so you and Sean really hyper competitive. You see that on the podcast scale out podcast. Definitely check it out. And then it feels like it feels like Fletcher is kind of like the big brother a little bit.
Speaker 3: He's the big brother that the live brother just just keep trying to get him to fight you or something. Now, you know what what people need to understand is I'm on the one man mission to make sure this man get to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: This is my thing when.
Speaker 1: He says that. But like last night, you texted or something about how fletcherul be in the Hall of Fame, like you're in it, Like you're either one to do.
Speaker 2: It and I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to work with Kayla k and a couple of people over here just to keep putting stuff out there, because one thing about the Hall of Fame is if they forget about you, and that new theme pop up is now they push you to.
Speaker 2: The back burden.
Speaker 3: But as much as I give Flitch, I love Flitch dud I do.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying, I give him his just due too. I appreciate him as a person.
Speaker 1: So obviously that's a great show. And Tanny, you've you've had a front row seat to all this this mess talking.
Speaker 2: You're me and you both I just sit there and that is crazy. Sometime I might throw a couple of nuggets in there.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's crazy because I don't get we don't have we didn't have too many care just in the offensive room.
Speaker 2: I think the offensive room have to be a little more doubt in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can just imagine what y'all doing over the defense room is just full of of think about us. We're looking at how can we move this ball? They're looking at We just gonna react.
Speaker 1: No, No, we scrolls like that like that story you know we were talking about. We had a group text where like you it was like you missing a tackle on Brandon Jacobs said something like that. But the met the story you told about the meeting afterwards was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yes, because this is what we like. The one thing about the defensive mean room. The worst day is the day after, you know, the day after you watch the field.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 2: I could have had five picks. They ain't gonna even They're gonna fan forward it right right to when I'm getting rand over by brand and Smooth. What happened right.
Speaker 3: Here when I tried to go in with them show but he took it with it for like six yor french Wood.
Speaker 4: Was you but see, that's one that's one part of it. I think what amuses me the most is the conversations on the field before things playing out there, like Fred.
Speaker 2: It seemed to me Fred was always warning them when something was to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what he said, Sean. He was like, hey, Sean, like someone's about to die. No.
Speaker 2: It was the first play of the game.
Speaker 3: We're going against the giants, and I just looked at they huddled because you know, we hud up. Y'all huddle up, and I'm like, oh my god, they are giants.
Speaker 2: Shocky is six six, he like six five, Brandon Jacob sixty four, Plexico six.
Speaker 3: Sex protect you yourself, somebody gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: And guess what three plays later, run hurt something.
Speaker 3: I told you they were going down, Like I think I always brought just that regular person feel to it, and I think this what it was a thousand man like we are human beings while everybody else think we need ladiators and watch us. I've been in Green Bay and it was one degrees and I'm like, you know, I need a new job, Like I should have chose something.
Speaker 1: I used my brain so that that's obviously an awesome show and and something else we're doing is REALM live shows where you can watch training camp and obviously the production team's done a great job with that, and we've selected the comment of the day, maybe the comment of the year.
Speaker 2: I want to hear.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Jason just texted me. He texted me when it came out. This was the first live show he did, and it is so fan comments. Okay, elite comment. I don't know who did it. We'd give you a shout out, but I forgot who it is. Okay. Fred was sweating waiting from having to speak, and to me, that is so that is such a deep comprehensive burn, you know, because it's commenting on your sweating and the fact you're always talking.
Speaker 3: And now, no, have you watched Key and Peel when they got there little when he that's who they were reminded me of, because yes, man, when he's.
Speaker 2: Like success on there, there's a lot of people he's like success.
Speaker 3: On it, and I'm like, damn, Logan, don't talk for five minutes, and you know what talk about.
Speaker 2: Ten on Once he gets started, you know, going interrupt you and let me just gonna sit there and not his head. The whole task. So yeah, wait too long.
Speaker 1: It has been a lot of fun. But Fred did have to wait a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I don't like Wait you think that was I think that was done purposely to keep Ryan knew something like Ryan was like, you know, well, let's just get ten people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, company people didn't never play football.
Speaker 1: Was just some fans up there to take it out. What do you think about this? So obviously, uh so live shows get loud, big deals. We'll read those comments if you keep giving good ones. And then obviously take the draft podcast with me and justin guy. Jason makes you check that out. And if oh the most important thing I almost forgot good thing. I took notes before the meeting, you know Jason, Jason gave me. Jason gave this to me. That's why. So just a reminder, we have the People's Choice Podcast Awards. It is the last day to vote. Please please vote with us. We need you to vote. Yes, I'm out the training camp. If you say you vote, it will give you a shirt. Let's make it happen, right, You vote at Podcast Awards dot com. The link is into the description. If you have an email, if your kid has an email, your dog your cat, your horse has an email, use it. Vote for us. Let's make this thing happen, and uh, you know, we might win.
Speaker 4: So we still have a question, so safe as if we don't win, which is fat do we even get a little flowers?
Speaker 2: But being up in the top two, you know, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I hope so that'd be cool flowers. Maybe I'll get you guys a little something.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, I'm just I'm saying something from the People's podcast People's Choice podcasts.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're going up against some heavy hitters. They're like thirty that we're up against NFL stuff.
Speaker 2: You lost to fight. They just have a bigger audience.
Speaker 5: That's like, that's where like this is hard for us because I feel like.
Speaker 1: If that's reached more chance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean, so real local, you know, YouTube is national, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: We got a really good fan base here, very loyal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, loyal fan base.
Speaker 5: Yeah, little grassroots here for us.
Speaker 1: Let's get it going. Vote for us.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, California should make sure they represent you. I should it be representing me. So we got places we are national now absolutely.
Speaker 1: Right, And if you do vote, leave us an email at that hawk outside at gmail dot com just let us know. And again we we got merch. So if maybe we'll do another raffle of the people who voted, maybe one of them gets a shirt. We don't enough shirts to give everybody a shirt, sorry about that, but I select few maybe maybe shirts all right, But in the meantime, we've got training camp. It's happening. Dan Quinn's here, everybody's here. It's been a lot of fun to talk about. And one of the things that's come up in a couple of pressors is team bonding and how the team feels a little bit more connected. And one of the stories that I think kind of shows that or maybe a little bit more dialed in, is that story that Dan told about Big Phil how he met Yeah, the day was came, yeah, thank you came today to report he missed his flight or flight got delayed. He had to drive to a different airport, get on a flight, get here, make sure he's on time. Kind of showing he's locked in. Kind of feels a little bit more urgent than it did last year.
Speaker 2: Was it doing the glitch?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean.
Speaker 3: I was traveling doing the glitch and I had to figure it out too, did you.
Speaker 2: I was in Chicago.
Speaker 3: First thing I did when they said, hey, flight's gonna be uh changed, I was like, guess what, go get the rental.
Speaker 2: I got your wheels. I drove back.
Speaker 1: You drove back from Chicago? What is it like thirteen hours?
Speaker 2: No, it was like nine hours. It was such a good Yeah, it was such a good ride.
Speaker 3: Got to watch the Great Lakes on on the lift the whole way through uh Indiana, Ohio. You know, I like the soaky in thing. It was great, man, No, probably for Darien was probably right behind me.
Speaker 1: And I know, yeah, you know I flew during the glitch too, Yeah, and I was all worried. I was like, oh, I'm gonna have to get to lay. I was in Buffalo. I want to be in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Cases to Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I was doing I was doing. I was doing work up there. But so I went up there and I came to the airport there like your flights on time, and I was like great. So I went to the gate. Every screen is dead, completely black, and I was like, probably not leaving from this place. And as a dude there just some ran I thought it was a janitor Sansur He's like, oh, hey, you're checking in at gate twenty six, which was like twenty gates down. Yeah, and you're walking back. So we walked down. Yeah, there's a guy there checking people in on our flight. We walked back and I was like, this is totally well, you know what I'm saying, like it's a disas, Yeah, disaster. But anyway, So I think one of the things about Big Phil doing that it shows like again maybe a little bit more urgency from him, you know what I'm saying, Like he's in it. Yeah, right exactly, And I think that that's super important, right, is to get guys where it means something more than it has the last couple of times.
Speaker 3: Many means necessarey, Like that's what a team means. How we gonna beat this next team by any means necessarey as we feel.
Speaker 2: C You know what, flight, no problem. I'll get a horse and ride to d C.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine he came on a horse, big fill on a horse at poor.
Speaker 2: Horse, poor hoyse.
Speaker 4: Look, you also have to think about it too, when when things on the line down the road and maybe you have to pick from a guy and feel the coach would think backstay this guy. But yeah, yeah, make it a practice to make sure he was here. So you know, stuff like that always counts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. And I had a story my rookie year was for training camp. Excuse me, and you know, like I came went to the airport. I'm flying from California, flying from Lax. Went into the airport. The flight got delayed. My parents were out of town for whatever reason. So I called my girlfriend. I said, hey, can you come pick me up the airport? So I stayed all day at our house. My flight didn't leave till ten o'clock that night, So got on the plane, took the Red Eye, tried to sleep on the plane, literally took a cab from the airport to the door, got out of the cab, walked directly into the meeting with my suitcases to be on time, and like spent the whole day, you know what I'm saying, Like tire and all. But like and I it was funny because we were in a room with a bunch of older tight ends and they were like, oh, I thought you were like a veteran coming in back back last minute, and I was like, nope, just had to take the read out to get back but it is important because, like you get shows that you are locked and you want to be on time. So the other thing that I think is interesting, in addition to stories like that, you know, is the fact that they're saying in a team hotel, Yeah, in the years past when they've had camp here, they've been able to go home at night, And a lot of people say, oh, that's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 4: I think it's great that you hear that now, and just knowing that, I remember at one point I got to the point where I felt like I was a little long in the tooth and.
Speaker 2: I can slip in my bed.
Speaker 4: I don't need necessarily have to be around these guys, but it means a lot. Yeah, even if a lot of these guys that's in the building or out here on the field, they're not going to be here. That time to bond is the only time you have because once things do, you know, you know, get real, you're going to go back to that home, You're going to have to deal with your family, and then you come over here and see these guys, but for so many hours. So I think training camp is the best time to kind of, you know, build that chemistry, have that bonding with you guys. You know, sometimes certain teams give you roommates just so you can get familiar with the person, you know what I mean. Team, And then I remember when I was a jet they switched it up. He wasn't always with the guys that we knew. It was defensing offense in the same room, you know what I mean. So get things a little, you know. I guess you can say competitive in a sense because now you know I'm sleeping with the enemy. I'm basically got a room mate that I got to go out there and.
Speaker 2: He got hurt the next day, you know what I mean. So I think it's great.
Speaker 4: And when you hear that the last few years was different, and make sure kind of you know, wonder why raise eyebrow?
Speaker 3: Like maybe the words that come in to me when I hear that is plugged in. The one thing I do when I go home is unplugged right when I walk through that door.
Speaker 2: It's this my space.
Speaker 3: Training camp ain't about my space, It's about our space. So if I'm going to the center over here at the hotel, I'm still plugged in. I'm still and you know me, I could be a buttterole sometimes I'm knocking on people doors, waking them up and.
Speaker 2: Running like.
Speaker 4: These things all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so anything might be a joke, but it's also aw man, I remember when you did this?
Speaker 1: It did it? Did?
Speaker 3: It brings you closer that love hate relationship. You gotta like they always say, you can only hate somebody if.
Speaker 2: You love them. You can't. You can't hate a scrange it right.
Speaker 3: So the thing about it is when you spend this time together, down time, uptime, practice time, you bunn together. And this thing that bothered me doing training camp because I would bum with these guys in two weeks from now it ain't even on a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good point. But I do think to support both of what you guys said. I think the way you said it, Fred is probably the best. It just it locks you in. You're in the thing. So like I, you know, I go back to my hotel room at night and I'd study the plays and my roommate would be in there and he's a tight end two and we're we're talking through Yeah, what do we have on this? So we got this? So what if they play this front and just kept you around mentally around ball a little bit longer. Now it's it sucks because you're away from your family, a little bit of mental grind. But I also think it starts this is all this old school logan talking. It starts the when you're in a trading camp away, when you're just kind of at home. It doesn't don't feel real. It feels like mini camp. And OT's a little bit yeah, and I think it needs to be a little bit more comprehensive than that. And then obviously, like you know, Tannel, we went down to Richmond for a little bit. That was totally that was totally different. But what did you love about it?
Speaker 4: The thing I love about just seeing something different and then not knowing the history of you know, Washington. It's so many fans down there, so many of those fans that come from Carolina that you know, from the other parts of you know, Va, to be down there and just to see the support. It's one thing about saying the city just treated us so well. The practice field was like every day was like almost a game atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Like those fans came, they showed up and showed out.
Speaker 4: So I love that, And it was just something different from me because you got to think about it. We didn't start going to Richmond until twenty twelve or thirteen thirteen, so that was my last year, you know, so to have that to be going out the door, it was something like a I guess you could say it actually got me up for those last two years.
Speaker 1: Get right to go to practice, the fans are there and the whole thing. How about you, Fred?
Speaker 2: I did Carlile when I came Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: So is it Carlile?
Speaker 2: Call it out of Carlile, Carlisle?
Speaker 1: Car Our producer Jayson says, Carle, But it's but it's a Baltimore. Is that a Baltimore accent? What is that? Let's talk through that.
Speaker 5: Little Yeah, I got the local accent right, like say Carle.
Speaker 1: And so when you came here, like it's Carlisle and I was like I thought that's what it was. He's like Carle and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, he says no Ales.
Speaker 2: He says no Ales. And so how was that?
Speaker 1: Because like we're like, don't walk me through that.
Speaker 2: It's a college town, is it? Like in there?
Speaker 1: So what is the college? Is it Carle College? Is it? Or is it Shepherd?
Speaker 2: Shepherd? Right, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know off the top of my head. I just know that I used to go up to carl to watch camp. But then they did like a big car show there every year, yea, and.
Speaker 3: They would do I don't remember that, and but it was you could still smell the chocolate coming from Hershey, Pennsylvania, really like you just you just do that in the air and you just just chocolate in the air. But such Cousin was such a small town. We would just meet at this ice cream shop like that. That was, like I said, we were just so plugged then. And once you on the college campus and you were like, it's football, football, football, and it was. We was bunded, like I bunded with the Bruce Smiths of the world, Stephen Davis and the Jim George of the world. Like I had no other choice because we couldn't just jump in the car and head back this way. It was too far. Like we did everything from Carlilele, Pennsylvania and then you go play your preseason game right back to collegeut Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I never forget my first day because I held out.
Speaker 1: Yeah a rookie, did you say all your stuff got through out the window.
Speaker 3: Yes, I held out right because I wanted more money. I wanted first round money. Caud like, I'm a first round tat.
Speaker 1: What they said?
Speaker 3: They said, yeah, all right, oh yeah. So I held out for three days.
Speaker 2: I came.
Speaker 3: I came and the first practice I'll never forget water shot and he was like, we drafted, we know he can cover.
Speaker 2: Put him at middle livebacker.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what they like, put him at middle livebacker the goal line.
Speaker 1: To do?
Speaker 2: Don Al Bennie is the full back. I want Stephen Davis is the tail back. I wouldn't have been ready, all right, Bruce.
Speaker 3: First day, First day, Bruce Snip turns to me and Bruce said, hey, I don't wait on him, go die in that hole, and boy, they snapped their ball.
Speaker 2: I went right down and then I was like, all right.
Speaker 1: Did you did you you listen?
Speaker 2: I hit done the other It wasn't no steal mate. I was going on. Stephen was coming and then he was like, again was your punishment of something that was there?
Speaker 4: Was like my initiation brother, my friends, you know, but but but.
Speaker 3: It was my dude, because I remember my first meeting, my first meeting room. They like, O t As was here and I walked in and it was Dion Sanders, my Idol Bailey who I just played with an A C C and Dyre Green.
Speaker 2: I walked right back.
Speaker 3: Out of there, like what you drave me for you? Like, first of all, go back in that room. The youth gonna start, don't you worried about that? So it was it was different emotions like this. All I knew at training camp was Carlydle Like if we waited years afterwards to start doing the local thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dude, that is to take for y'all to come back this way. Three. Oh, so y'all had three years ago we had.
Speaker 1: Three three Yeah, imagine that being your first day of practice though that dude, I'm a big guy, and that's a cross start. Because you know the thing about fullbacks for those of you at home, we don't know that much about fullbacks. There's like a there's like something wrong with them, like how hard they hit people. There's something just not.
Speaker 2: Nick they about short. Yeah, dude, remind me.
Speaker 4: But pride drill we had in high school, me and my homeboy both and we talk about all the time, Like our coach used to just have a drill where he say, get anybody and give a line in the ball and he have a first line, a first line of defense in the second line, but it's only one player, so.
Speaker 2: It's like bo defensive guy. He first and I'm last.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, the only way we're gonna take this dude that's three hundred pounds down And we hit him at the same time, and both said, that's what the day I found out that you played dB because I came and hit to do before you.
Speaker 2: Hit him because I didn't want to get rid of Yeah, don't. And the coach is like, what made you do that? Bro?
Speaker 4: You just that I threw my body and I say, man, I'm just gonna run. I'm gonna go out here if I get embarrassed, get embarrassed by way, ye my weight, So remind me of that you a linebacker having to go through that night going in there and I'm gonna explode thing first.
Speaker 2: Three ways, I'm like, you know what you know? How you tapping their head like I need help? And more than I keep him in there, keep him.
Speaker 1: Did you did you get knocked out?
Speaker 3: I did not get knocked out. I think what they really loved. I just kept getting back up. I just kept getting back up.
Speaker 4: Get you was the mounth So you're like, man, you know they kept ye after I would not be able to talk to tras O talking by going here and like a.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm literally just yepping them. Steve, Stephen Dave was just soft song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm just if you don't lose your mind in that time like that ain't fun, smartly thinking people.
Speaker 2: This is for maniacs.
Speaker 3: Time for maniacs. So for two answer to a maniac you got to turn to a mode.
Speaker 4: Almost felt like why are you doing this? Like what like damn coach was good, like you know, you know, I play corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's just like play a corner. Then they doing what they call it the ten yardria. When we were like when you had to lay on your back, Yeah, you had to jump up and get a little different balls. You got a full back and running back and realized Stephen Davids to forty by.
Speaker 1: That fullback, don't they have been at too fifty?
Speaker 3: Yeah listen and I'm at one seventy one at this time.
Speaker 1: Look they were probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me and Ford were the same person, just we're thirteen on them.
Speaker 1: I will say that, dude, like when I was whenever, whenever I got a small dB, like when I was playing fullback, they're playing tight. Oh dude, there's something so nice about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just like vacation because you can just throw that.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just a different things. So they're probably having a good chuckle about it anyway. All right, Oh, another story, we got another story. Mike Sanders Still came to Jaden's presser and asked them how bad Michigan would beat LSU, which I think is kind of interesting, but also I think shows a nice fellowship and camaraderie with the guy.
Speaker 4: We never lose our college love, Like, no matter what you do in the locker room, we gonna we're gonna throw that.
Speaker 3: S CEC up there. We're gonna throw that at Miami and we're gonna throw. We gonna throw UC were gonna throw our college. We don't forever rip the college now now thinking about that, James.
Speaker 2: Danielsd had the number one office in college, Michigan did have the number one defense.
Speaker 3: This script, throw script, Michigan needs the forty come on they got was in Brian Thomas out there.
Speaker 1: They were playing did you watch what they were doing at Michigan.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I know the Konabacks, dude, they were like this, no you go, you go low.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, they're running like NFL, So like this is a great, this is a great. Have you watch the National Championship game? I did Michael Pennix junior throwing a you know, Roma duns throwing all these guys getting drafted. Everyone on their offense got drafted. Who was eligible? Right? Yeah, they looked silly because Michigan was running a legit. They're running Baltimore's defense. Yeah, I know, this kind of crazy fire zone. Who's coming where, rotating coverages, disguises. So Jay Daniels, I know he's a baller, but like, good night for this.
Speaker 3: Well, but he cannot throw on Michigan. He can take off with those of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, he went toe to toe with Alabama. I'll give him that, and they run a similar defensive structure. But what was to score of that game? Forty five to twenty? Like, you can only do so much, man, But.
Speaker 2: We also know football. You don't know until you get on their field.
Speaker 4: And it's always good to know that you had the better team already because think about Michigan win that championship. They did, so he had a little more to come in here and brag about. You know what I mean, Actually, someone, what do you think your team would have did?
Speaker 2: It's almost like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because you were a the you and like the you was like the you. Probably ask some people that all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People people would ask me and be like, man, what do you think we would have did? What you think? Smoke? Call the names alone?
Speaker 4: But you know how you say you can't you can't win games with just names. Yeah, but when you kind of can look at the team how they play with those names, you're like, yeah, man, those guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So leave a comment. Let me know what you think. Do zelous, you have a chance for sus Michigan from last year now totally hypothetical, but I think I think no way, Yeah, I think they got rolled.
Speaker 4: I think slow it down from play a more pro style you know, uh, you know, started playing offensively.
Speaker 2: They would have beat them. To me, just quarterback with legs. I always give your chance something.
Speaker 1: That defense was good, man. I don't know anyway, ain't.
Speaker 2: Wonning that championship, but ten years.
Speaker 1: Beside this one so well we're talking about this last year, right all right? So another thing, So that's the fellowship, the camaraderie. Everyone's feeling really good about that, really exciting. Good to see the team. But you see that at practice and the most recent practice we watched, they had the first day of pads. Man, and I know I'm not gonna ask for I asked, Tanna, what is putting the pads on do for you? When it's time to get gone?
Speaker 2: Just make me tired? I mean, you know I'm gonna see here. I'm not going to give you that. I'm going to give that great answer.
Speaker 4: Like, guy, when I put those pass on, I just felt, I felt just solidified I was going to go out there and be it that much of a player.
Speaker 2: Let me just hate it putting on.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, You did it affect how you ran route? Because I always found when I put pads on, again, I'm a wide body, I'm not super athletic, but like it gave the dvs a bigger surface to contact, and that made it really hard to run round.
Speaker 4: It's like this when you got a guydess I I'm lightning, yeah, and then you tell me all right through this on that five pounds a look and.
Speaker 2: I'm done to Now you hear me, you don't see me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's one of those things like, don't get me wrong, I've been doing this for so long to where I'm used to it, but it takes a get off you a little bit. You have to kind of simble down a little bit and say, Okay, I have to now learn how to run this on. So when you say the first day, yeah, it's going to be a little difficult for a guy who wants to run because now I'm a little more tied.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a little more heavier, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So now I have to kind of critique how I'm doing things like okay with Tanna, and you did this yesterday and you was able to do it because you didn't have to pass on you got to you gotta hold back a little bit. You can't be going under and it's one on one drill trying to get all these ruts. When you got you want to save it. You want to preserve yourself for that next series. So first they would have been a little difficult, but by the time I got it, that first day I'd probably desumber down a little bit and then have something better say.
Speaker 2: Think about past is.
Speaker 3: They will always say I can only judge a football player. They were only like sem one salems all the time because there's no pass like I can only judge it while receiving how good he is when I see him run with pass on like, because everybody can run a four to two with short so but they don't mean he run like they fully equipped. So that's the thing. Now it's a defensive back. I don't know if y'all seen that food. I know it just freshly out. But when he got that new suit, you know what I'm saying. That's how I felt when I put them pants on. They going to slap myself on the button. You know, what, did you like putting pads on?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Really, I'm at that love to practice like I mean, I like practicing too, But.
Speaker 3: But I would literally run out to the practice field hollering, yelling, we'll go through scratching.
Speaker 2: I ain't scratching. I'm walking around chatting up with everybody like this.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed practice like I always said this, what what.
Speaker 2: Other place would you rather the beat?
Speaker 1: Fact?
Speaker 2: I here practicing this game so I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: And when you put it on, I actually felt safer in my pad than not now. And I think especially when you got these fullbacks, like like seller turning the coner on you, and you got tight ends, like I'm like, give me my pants, man, now I can say this. I really just be inhal met and show to pay. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. Halfway there?
Speaker 1: Well that's now. That's all they were. They rarely put pants on, but yeah, I was. I was always pretty nervous first day of pads, like and I'll tell you why, Like I like pads. I felt safer impads. The techniques, my technique changed a little bit with pads on. But I was always concerned, especially that first day, that I wasn't there physically yet ready I wasn't, you know, because you got to be a little.
Speaker 2: You feel like you was in game shape.
Speaker 1: In like in like contact. You're always I always was. I never had an issue with it, but I was always worried, am I gonna get embarrassed today? Because that's the one thing pads does, is it allows someone to physically embarrass you imposed a wheel ow. Yeah, because you know, like if you're not in the right position, You're not in the right technique. It's like, oh dang, Like he can snap like you know, I remember like doing like an iso lead on Fletch, you know what I'm saying, And him just if you did not come in there with the right mentality, he was going to snap your chin strap off and you're gonna be on a knee and you're gonna be like, dang, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: I can understand that because you just in the whole different world with your pass and than we are, you know, I mean, like we were on the ag on the outside.
Speaker 2: We got there just.
Speaker 4: Paddy kicking, you know what I mean what I'm saying like, yeah, there's something in the trenches, you know something about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something about it though, Like and again like I you know Fletchers, I loved it, like because he was that dude. He was like the alpha. He was like the MMA, like the heavyweight camp.
Speaker 2: Like he's the guy that you walk in the bar and see him with the collar flower ear. Yeah, and you didn't know that, you didn't know that bop that he walked.
Speaker 4: He walked with a bop like he just knew like bumping and pumping a tattoo somebody because.
Speaker 3: He had that leverage. Like sometimes you gotta understand this short leverage. You can't get under him.
Speaker 4: Like, man, I used to hear stuff and I used to blacking, and I just see a fifty nine walking out of them.
Speaker 2: I say, boy, he just accident. He just went. He just killed face masking. Somebody have his.
Speaker 1: Vivid memory of him. I've run an io and it was like a misdirection in Kyle's offense, and so I was kind of coming from the tight end wing leading up in the opposite a gap, so I like kind of pulled for him, and his eyes were like totally the opposite way. I'm like, I'm about to clean this dude up.
Speaker 2: This is my time.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 2: I've arrived showing with Logan hates Yes.
Speaker 1: And at the last second, this dude it was like a scary movie like Superman or something. His eyes just snapped to me, and I was like, I still got him because it's so late and he could generate so much torque in his upper body. He did his little shoulder punch. Yeah, broke my chin strap, my helmet fell off, and I just you know, like when you get snop bubbles and I was just like, god, bless, I had everything I wanted there. And I remember walking back to Sean. I was getting my helmet fixed and he was like it was like physical down. I was like, yeah, it was this.
Speaker 2: Look you ever heard his third and you can usually last day everything. I'm just like looking at it, like oh yeah, because I can see him turn around. This man.
Speaker 1: It was like he's like tricked me. He like tricked me into knowing, like oh god, oho Jesus, So yeah, pads always got to get me spooed out. But I think from an evaluation standpoint, when you're watching practice, like like Fred said, it's football time, man, like all that stuff in, you know, shells.
Speaker 2: And OTAs and all the sudden.
Speaker 1: It's like, now this is the thing, Like so my son plays hockey, right, this is this is this is relevant. I promised he's ten. You can't check to your twelve. And so there's all these really good skaters. And the hockey director came up to me the other day and he was like, you know, it's crazy when we start checking half these dudes are gonna just evaporate quick, just evaporate. No more text, no more calls are gone. It's the same thing with football. Yes, if you put the pads on, some guys are gonna be like, you know what, I'm gonna be a banker. Yeah, I'm gonna go do something else.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you how fun half field because I was just always skinny dude.
Speaker 2: I'm a skinny dude in the room. And then we'll walk into the weight room in the off season. All these dudes, yes, gift to light weight rooms.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, wait till we put these pay its because then yellow belly, they even yellow belly come out.
Speaker 2: It shows up, man, it shows up.
Speaker 3: So the past our truth tellers, that's what their pads are, the truth tailers about how are you as a true football player.
Speaker 2: You're a great athlete. But this for football players right here.
Speaker 1: And so you get to see that, and I think it's cool, like, you know, watching the defensive line get hands on people, old line, the tight ends, like our guy Ben Sinat yesterday lined up at full back Tenna, yeah, and lifted some dude. It was like a double team with a tight end in the full back and pop this dude off his feet like head hit the ground first. And I was like that dude, No, that's what he does.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I said it, Excuse me said it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you what I do. Remember Coach Gibbs first gets back. Uh, we were able to walk through, but it's with pads on, and you know, Sean Tia come out there looking any kind of way.
Speaker 2: He don't care. I to see the dude have blue jeans on his hand like he don't care. And coach said loud, it just walked through. We don't. We don't touch each other uptown, She'll come down here.
Speaker 3: They pitched c Peter Ball chilling peelscal Really I'm talking about Peel.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, we're walking through. They hiking a kid. He but Cat Lindale like, hey, just get him over there. He is not let us pregnant, not like y'all know. He don't know how to do. But one way, like I don't know what y'all thought.
Speaker 1: You remember you mentioned Sean. I wonder if he got this from so Laarn. Remember we were doing a goal line walk through period. Goal line walked through and I'll be damned. And if Laurn didn't full tackle the back for consecutive places in the road, yes, but like not like like it was like no, like everyone everyone's walking through and Laurn just harpooned somebody and.
Speaker 2: He learned it from show. And we were talking about dudes theydn't know how to practice. They don't. It's like pros and dude, I just don't care putting them in that category.
Speaker 1: They got one speed and I can't get But okay, so let's talk about that difference because that's our next thing.
Speaker 4: Have one speed. But guys like those two they don't care. I don't care about what you want you're talking about, coach, No.
Speaker 2: This is how I wanted. This is how I want to do this. To take me out, uh put me in.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about that because I think that's one thing is the intensity in practice has been good, but guys would relatively safe. And we were talking about maybe two examples where guys could have been safer. Maybe, Yeah, what is what is practicing? Like a pro mean tanna to you? Like, what does it mean? Like where you're you're taking care of each other but you're not you know what I'm saying, Like you're like, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I'm a receiver so one you asking me, you know, but.
Speaker 1: I'm saying DB's got to take care of you. You got to take care of DBS.
Speaker 4: And I think that for the most part, I've always practiced like I wanted to play, you know what I mean, Like I did everything full of speed.
Speaker 2: I didn't when you saw me.
Speaker 4: Outside, whether it was routes on air, whether it was me going through something with just you know, the one on ones. I did that particular drill as if I was in a game setting. So when it comes to if.
Speaker 1: You're a young guy listening to that, like please take that to heart. The best guys ever played with all of them. That's how they did it. Everything no joke, full speed, start time.
Speaker 2: And no no problem. We was talking about, you know, our receiver code.
Speaker 4: He was just joking about you know how stand said it the first day you know that Randall Heldham got here. They was asking questions. He was like, is watch Tanner? And you might take it as a why I gotta watch Tanna? Why he can't tell me, but he basically telling him like, look, he does everything for a speed, so run that particular route that.
Speaker 2: Way, block that guy that way.
Speaker 4: So he was basically letting them know, if you want to watch somebody doing what we got to do, just watch him.
Speaker 2: And so that's how I did it.
Speaker 4: And when you get a I guess you can say the DB's know this is how he gonna come. So at the end of the day, they lie, but they know at the same time too, I'm not gonna tug on him because we're protecting each I's not gonna get my nothing to that dB jumping on his back, not doing that. I might go up, but I'm not gonna do anything that's gonna hurt him. And that's how you have to have to understand it. It's going to kind of be one of those things is you're going to just have to know how to feel what that guy has going on.
Speaker 2: Now that's a guy on the outside.
Speaker 4: I don't know how y'all can communicate that way and the inside because I feel like even when we walking through, when you got a helmet on, and it's hard for you guys not to just say, I have to collegion on collegis, so I have to make sure that I out.
Speaker 1: Wield this guy. So I don't know, even like helmets, you're pretty full speed. I'll say, like when you're practicing, like if you're in the run surface, you don't finish guys. You can finish guys like with your feet, like kind of stay in front, but you're not using your upper body like rotation to get them on balance to throw guys to the ground. I mean, in a game, obviously you're gonna do that. You're trying to get that done. But like, think about it. If I, let's say I'm blocking the defensive end, he tries to beat me inside and I kind of pull him down, I could throw him into the tackle. I could throw him into the defensive tackle as a linebacker filling right. And in a game that's that's legal it Yeah, but and in practice, I got to make sure that he's healthy. How I'm healthy. And there's times too, like where for example, the pile's coming and you're pushing on somebody and the outside linebaker be like, hey, many man, it'll kind of pull you away. Yeah, so you don't get rolled up on it. That's and that's taking care of each other.
Speaker 4: So how do you guys have to understanding Is it something that you you you kind of learn over that we just learned from the venture, or it's just like because I've been on a team where in practice I saw we called him the Yeah, I don't want to call him, I don't want to say what we called him, but Kevin Mwaii with the Jets, Oh yeah, on those guys in practice like that, you know, and our defense had it out for every time we went against them because of him. So that's why I always wanted to know what is the understanding amongst those understanding.
Speaker 1: Is Kevin is no grad stang. Yeah, Kevin Mawi is a legend in that regard. Like I've when I came to the league, you heard stories about him and you that much younger, Yeah, I was younger. When I was in Chicago, he was the assistant coach. He would tell stories about Like I was just like, oh my, you used to do what to your teammate, bro? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I've seen him do some stuff man and practice, and I was like, let's buckle up, man.
Speaker 1: The problem because of that wouldn't fly, Like for example, like Cornelius Lucas had to move with uh Ferrell Colin Farrell Cleveland Ferrell where he went inside and kind of gave him a little tug, lost his feet for a second. Cleveland fell down right, and you know, Lucas stops, Dan comes over. It's like a whole thing because you gotta get you got to trying to get to the season, you know what I'm saying. So like on the inside there's that communication. But for Dv's Fred. One of the things that I always found really frustrating is like in practice, especially with an offensive head coach, it's like, hey, man, if it's fifty to fifty, it's offensive ball. Yeah, Like, how do you work that?
Speaker 3: I never practiced like that? How do you I'm gonna break that up. I don't give a day who ball because.
Speaker 1: Then they get mad of you if you don't. I don't great.
Speaker 2: Williams ain't letting me slide.
Speaker 3: Coach Giaz, I understand what you're saying, but I'm gonna knock that ball away like we was never like that in DNJ.
Speaker 2: Every Gray was my dB coach.
Speaker 3: Don't you let him catch you? Jerf, we adn't walk through. Don't you let him catch you? Like so at the end of the day, I think it has a lot to do with your coach and staff also about how they want these things to be done.
Speaker 2: But you just got to go hard. I think.
Speaker 4: I think when I when when I watched Guys and and this goes back to my younger years in New York, which was good, a great insight from an older head. But I remember I ain't a bad like Tanne. Calm down, and I got what he was saying. But at the same time, I don't think he knew who I was. Came to how this is my preparation, this is how I prepare. Yeah, so I would go to my practice knowing that this is going to be the way I go. I want this temple every time. So I could take that same mindset to when I was talking on.
Speaker 3: Get Loud yesterday and I said it because we was talking about just preparation. I brought you up and I brought London up in this situation because of my peas. It's to you know, proper preparation previns poor performance. And I say, some guys had this thing that they did like I was never one of these guys where I had these habit because I never like poor muscles.
Speaker 2: I didn't have the.
Speaker 3: Problem to them, but I used to watch them do certain things every day same and I think this this this the pros habits, and most pros have those habits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I think you know, one of the things we're kind of hitting on there is like competitive. How do you keep it competitive? How do you keep it fresh? How do you not get in the fights. And one of the things I think this staff has done is they've every day they have a competitive period. So last I think it was Friday, they did like a red zone competition, so offensive TD was seven points, field goal was three points, defensive stop with seven points for the defense, and then a fourth down stop with seven points.
Speaker 3: I loved it in a video game world, like coach saying I'm gonna play on the inter competitives. I'm gonna push their buttons without them even knowing I'm pushing.
Speaker 2: They That was like playing NFL streets almost, you know. I mean, by the way, I was a hell of receive me and with a squad on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think, like you know, you do get a little bit burned out. You don't get a little bit Friday and camps all of a sudden, it's like hey, man, like and and if you've got your team built the right way, yeah, I feel like those guys all go yeah, you know, what you know what I'm saying lists we're playing a game like there was a there was an old story about Seattle on how they do draft evaluations where they have a little uh basketball hoop like you know, on the back of the door and be like, hey, let's go first to ten yea and some guys like but they want the dudes that like perk up because we're playing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is me, I know.
Speaker 1: But it's time to compete. And I think like if the team's built the right way and they're all ready to go in that direction, like you're going to get a more productive practice. Yeah, and you were talking about in college, I.
Speaker 4: Used to stuff like that and now we're just trying to get those thoughts again because I'm sitting here thinking about it. No, I mean honestly, like we had peerents like that in college where we want we knew from the get go. First of all, we was hoping that we didn't have that period. So you're going through that that practice in the hot sun, tired, you know, thinking about what you're gonna eat, think about got to go take this te so study for this test. And then the coach said, all right, we got this period and the loser gott to run one ten. So now you like, I ain't running one too, looking at you, looking at every guy in they eyes, like, bro, do your job.
Speaker 2: And I remember, I'm gonna tell a story.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell the time about us playing so well together where the offense was kicking behind, but the defense played so good they just they couldn't help but give up points.
Speaker 2: The guys who was scoring the touchdowns, Like, bro, you got the.
Speaker 4: Best of the best out here that's doing it. And the coach say, you know what that right that period right there was so good. Nobody about to run, you know what I mean, even though the offense won because we was bombed at it was just bombed over bad dad.
Speaker 2: But he's like, you know what, I saw the intensity pick up.
Speaker 4: I saw the competition rise, and at the end of the day we all got to here healthy break it down, And you know, that period kind of build that camaraderie. It builds that I know who I can take into that war zone with, and you get familiar with the guys you had on the field with. So I think it's great, man, And I just love to hear some of this stuff coming out of these this building when it come to just coaching stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they show you where to stand to it. It show you where to Floyd. We ain't at the ceiling yet, but it showed you this is where to Floyd. We ain't getting no worse than this.
Speaker 2: This is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, absolutely, so yeah, I love that the company, and they've done something different every day. They did like a two point conversion one day, they did two minutes today, Like they really find a way to make sure that your situational football and the practices are tight. But because the intensity is so high, they can be tight. Yeah, because you know if the practice is loose and long and language and.
Speaker 3: I don't see no day periods and I do enjoy it, like I always hated practices where I just got to sit around for five minutes and do nothing, Like I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Like once I'm movie, I'm a nurser. Keep me going.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, which has been a lot of fun. I think a big testament to Dan Quinn, but also the entire coaching staff, you know, Cliff and Joe Wah Junior and both offensive defensive steps. All right, so now let's get too kind of the meat potatoes. But people want to know, and that's who has been standing out at practice and it's literally could be anybody. I don't know. You want to start it off, guys, Yeah, why not? So guy that stood out from the day one off season program. Whatever is this guy? No one knows him is Price and Tremaine like the receiver eight eight now he just every day kind of he wins in special teams, He makes contested catches, he runs crisp professional routes. He's where he's supposed to be. And you know, every one time, I could have easily said Jane Daniels here, but I'm trying to go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the easy low hanging from jayde Daniels.
Speaker 1: Trust the Marcus Mario to trust them, Jeff Driscoll, trust him. You got three dudes back there that say I can throw this guy. Yeah, any kind of all I want, and he's gonna make me right. And the special team stuff, I don't know if he's going to make the team, but he's definitely making a.
Speaker 2: Strong, strong place. Why you have Taer receive was because of the catch radius and he is big. Kyle twer received. One thing about Tyer receive. You could throw bad balls to.
Speaker 3: Them like you want to have somebody that I don't have to be as accurate to hit them, And that's what it is.
Speaker 2: But if I had to pick a guy, I think it's quin More.
Speaker 1: To me, I like that Quan.
Speaker 3: It's you know, not only playing safety, he's playing majority safety now, but he's also playing a lot of nickel. To me, he's the guy that I think is going to be one of those true glue guys on defense, and he plays with this Consisten said, And I can't. I just can't get that interception he made in OTA's out of my head, you know what I'm saying, The one behind the back, because that's one of them.
Speaker 2: We DB's.
Speaker 3: We all have that dream interception. When I was young, I wanted to see Wood, right. I wanted the one that you know, see Wood caught on the sideline with the one hand.
Speaker 2: When I had one in.
Speaker 3: High school and I caught him one out of bounds and I threw it to my teammate. That was my favorite interception in my life. So that one he made in Ota, like, that's one that you as a quarterback, if you already got confidence, it creeps up a little bit now and then with this new group. I know he got to be feeling good because this is a defensive back, friendly defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: So Kawin Martin to me is the guy for.
Speaker 1: Sure, Kawan Martin, but also another guy that maybe bottom of the roster, guyst from Texas Tech. He's really shown up special teams, justin guy. Jason loves to.
Speaker 2: Speak of a couple of guys.
Speaker 4: And now one of the guys was We was on the field the other day watching them in past and he was all enamored by high Gates looked, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Bates looked inside his you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then right after that, right after that, you know, dan Quinn kind of come in and on how good he looked practice just blocking.
Speaker 2: And so when you have a guy like that just knowing what he has in front of him.
Speaker 4: As far as the guy we brought in and the guy was drafted, yeah, I can assure you that he got a lot going on in his head. So it's great to hear those whispers about him in practice. And then the other guy, Man last year, we had so many high hopes on this kid. Uh he was he made it to the last game. We just knew he was gonna be on the roster cars Allen. Yeah, you know, they saying that he's looking good on a special team to kick return position him and Santa Steel. So those guys have to have stepped up and been looking pretty good so far in training camp.
Speaker 2: And that's you know, you have to shun the light on that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said Sandra.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 1: I was able to watch him a little bit more to day of practice, and just his footwork is awesome. John got him a couple of times, but he's working in the slot. He's got to defend every angle of the cut. He's right there in the pocket. And I thought Johan today had a really nice day of practice catching the football. He's been a little bit quiet, but I think, just to kind of sum this up, the one guy that I think we've all been the most impressed with is Jayden Daniels. Like I wish we could get through a podcast without talking about him, but like you can't. Like today, for example, he uh, there was a little bit of pressure. He booted out to his right. He was waiting for this comeback and he threw it before the receiver was out. It was as Rosie was out of his break. Osi turns and the ball had the perfect velocity right in the basket, dragged the toes and I just like dang man.
Speaker 2: That's then he wrote one too.
Speaker 1: I heard it went to John, Yeah, John, great, great one to Johan over the top, to U over the top, to Terry. I think he had he just I don't know, man, And I'm not saying it's he got a lot of work to do, a lot of stuff still happen to eat.
Speaker 2: Say he got to get he's.
Speaker 1: Been, he's had a good cuple weeks of practice. So I always excited to see how that comes out, looking at the joint practice and and yeah, so we're looking for that. And then one thing, last thing before our special special guest joins us is making plays versus being consistent. I think I think they are the same thing, consistently making plays.
Speaker 3: Because everybody got identity, right, Like, for instance, Saint Juice is more consistent than he is a play maker.
Speaker 2: All right, Well Ford might be more of a playmaker than consistent. So we need both.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't think it's a perfect mixture there, but I think your standard is your standard.
Speaker 2: Like me myself, if I had to say one route that.
Speaker 3: I've always probably a step later on because I was just willing to give it up. Was a comeback, and I'm willing to give his comeback because I'm not willing to get his go route.
Speaker 2: I can't stop everything.
Speaker 3: So am I consistently good on come I mean routes, inconsistent on comeback?
Speaker 4: I think one of the things I've learned in college, it was something that I took. I brought to the NFL with me and it helped me tremendously. I was always the playmaker. Like when you throw something up deep Tanna coming down with a nine time out of ten, throw me the hitch.
Speaker 2: I might leave. I might leave before the ball got there. And CJ.
Speaker 4: Curtis Johnson say, Tanner, you want them to say your name that you dropped it or you want to say your name that you caught it. He said, you got to make the play. You got to catch the ball before you they say your name. So it was like a light bulb came on in my head, like, you know what, if I'm gonna make the big catch, I gotta make the small one, you know what, I gotta make all of them count. And before you know it, From that sophomore year when he told me that my senior year. I remember Reggie telling me. He was like, man, you ain't missing nothing because it was in my head now, like you know, Reggie's catching that third down, that that fourth down, that second that he caught every pass. But I was just waiting for the bomb or the big play because I knew that that was my thing. So when I got consistent to make all those plays, that's.
Speaker 2: When my game changed. So yeah, I take consistency over you know, playmaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's a great that's a great way to talk about it. Right. It's like, you know, when the as a receiver, when the ball is thrown to you, is it perfect, are you wide open? Do you catch it? As a dB? Are you in phase with the receiver? Can you punch the ball out? And then it's the same thing for offensive line, and it's really like how consistent are you winning one on ones? You know like in past and team run? Are you getting the combinations? Are you moving off the spot, same with blocking tight ends or the fullback or the running back. Are you consistently finding the holes? Are you elevating the team? And I think that's what you want to see from some of these guys like consistently like making plays. I'm going to use that term as like a catch all because that's what you used and I think that that that kind of fits. But like what types of plays are you making? Are you blocking the right guy as a receiver? Are you do you know where to line up? Are you motioning? There's a consistency and a and.
Speaker 3: I'm making the running back cut back in as a defensive bad you know, like these are the stuff that don't come up on the stat sheet. But dna X, why is the guy playing over the guy when these guys makes more play with This guy right here.
Speaker 2: Does the small right all the time. He does the small things right.
Speaker 3: So then when you get the difference between a Sean Taylor and Ryan Clark, Ryan gonna do all the small things right that ain't gonna be on the stash sheet.
Speaker 2: But then Seun, you're gonna look at this stash sheet and it's gonna blow you away.
Speaker 1: And he was here today, by the way, Yeah, Brian Clark, I got hit late. Yeah, but yeah, so Bryan Clark. Great stories anyway, So now the moment you've all been waiting for, we have a bakeoff and Fred obviously is the reigning champion. Right applause for Fred.
Speaker 2: But we do have the Book of smootook Book of Smooth.
Speaker 1: But we do have a new challenger and this is well a piano A piano rights. They were calling you and.
Speaker 2: Don't forget they text me yesterday. Why was it home?
Speaker 1: And a louder talk over Fred. I'm Fred's producer on Got Loud, if you guys know. And what she said is said, I need to humble Fred. And so this was her solution to get that done. So she came in talking a mighty big game and so Anna, what did we make today?
Speaker 2: So we're having a lemon cake bakeoff? Oh you guys probably want four? Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: So Fred, what's the what's the secret to a good lemon cake?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, this is about dusting it at pain? See this with Anna missed up a little bit on that she didn't dust up pain.
Speaker 1: But I think my recipe, she.
Speaker 2: Says, she'd think a cake still stand a chance it's better.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, one of these looks way more moist. Is that a word we can use to describe cake? Moist?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And we also have intern Caroline here, Hi entern Caroline, are she here? She's here, she's here because I'm smell blind another room.
Speaker 2: You put your cake in that little fancy tin, and you think you've done something. You do this every time you have a bakeoff. You can bring the same tin the same cake.
Speaker 6: You really think you did?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 3: That's how you gotta make Does she make her cake the same way she didn't?
Speaker 1: We'll see. We'll set the first bite of this really yellow one. There's one that's very yellow.
Speaker 2: Left.
Speaker 1: The moist one was very much.
Speaker 2: Say, I tell you, lemon coming out to the gate, the one with the uh m hm, that thing, it's the one without the Let me take your I know which one yellow?
Speaker 1: How do you know which one is?
Speaker 2: Because that's all when he brought it in.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good lemon cake. It's very moist, very much, Carolyn. What we got? What's the what's the thought here?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know who's who's too?
Speaker 1: So I feel like this is gonna be a problem.
Speaker 4: No, don't don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: You can be honest, you can be honest.
Speaker 2: Let's won't get hurt. I'm gonna I'm gonna be honest. You know what I'm proud of.
Speaker 1: How do you know which was? Like, how do I know which one of my place? You know which one's which?
Speaker 2: I brought him in?
Speaker 4: We do know which one is which?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and off of the way we got I don't know. I don't know which ones wich I'm in dumb, Like, I seriously don't.
Speaker 5: One is very very very lemony, very limited, very limiting kind.
Speaker 2: Of better of the.
Speaker 3: You know what coming in, You know, when you're at the top, everybody against you, like they wanted everything they wanted, Like.
Speaker 1: Carol, what you're talking about? You came in talking about how like you coming with the same pan all the time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like had hate in a whole because I'm loyal to Zack Shelby.
Speaker 5: Person, poor Shelby.
Speaker 4: I wonder what all the fans think just hearing us like chewing into the microphones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is excellent. They're gonna look at me as they do. This is like this People's Choice podcast.
Speaker 1: This is the hardest one we've had to do so far, because usually I can tell right away what Zach does because he's got that extra little panache. Yeah, yeah, he's got like scrawbery or.
Speaker 2: Cake, and he got plumb.
Speaker 3: This is mine.
Speaker 2: Did you guys want to know what my strategy was yet?
Speaker 3: So I've witnessed.
Speaker 2: Zacham in here, and he every single time he just puts a little too much start, a little too much thought into it.
Speaker 3: And so my thought process going into this was, I'm gonna put almost no thought into this, just going, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna fall back on my training and.
Speaker 2: Just know that I am a good baker.
Speaker 1: These are both good.
Speaker 2: She got you to she.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: So this is what we did talking about consistency. Fred consistent.
Speaker 4: So I can't never just say Fred and Fred Zone is great is great too? Like that's just crazy. Like it's like I'm eating Amazon LIKEDMN.
Speaker 2: So you know which ones with? I know? Yeah, So which one do you like better?
Speaker 5: I know you're saying it's a close race, but.
Speaker 4: Like I said, freda consistent, But I actually like the more flavorable one, lot more lemon in it.
Speaker 2: One, alright, then more flavor. That's not that, that's not.
Speaker 1: It doesn't taste like lemon.
Speaker 2: Both taste like lemon.
Speaker 5: They both they both taste like lemon. It's just one is very like it's like punching you on the face with lemon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yours. You made sure it was lemonade.
Speaker 1: I think Jason, go ahead, I think research a second what you got.
Speaker 2: They're both very This is definitely the hardest on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say, Anna, you need to be the new bakeoff challenger.
Speaker 2: Solby just take us. He just spends a little time to recover people.
Speaker 5: Like boxing, like you're in a tough boxing'll just get right back from the red that be a puss drunk.
Speaker 2: So he got three black eyes.
Speaker 5: He ain't got to take some time a little R and R for Selber. So this is good, and you're gonna have to challenge him again because it's really good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Because it's like I can't I can't.
Speaker 2: Both. Yeah, he ate both pieces. You guys do banana bread, banana. I will ask afraid to make me a cake any day because he comes with him. All right, let's focus.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go I'm gonna pick I'm gonna pick Fred's only because only because like I'm not. It's this is a very subjective, like I'm just not a huge lemon just person in general. So the more lemon turn is like not great for me.
Speaker 2: But that's like that's not a knock to lemony. Okay, That's what I'm going with.
Speaker 5: It's very subjective.
Speaker 1: Also for me, I never have eaten both desserts all the way, both desserts first time maybe my life. And I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go the more LEMONI one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not Fred.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes I'm lying to Zach. Sometimes I'm lying to Zach. Yours was really really nice, good always, and it was just like I was in the mood for something a little more lemone.
Speaker 2: But yours was.
Speaker 6: But yours was really like That's why I had to get both, because I was like, oh, this one's good, Oh, this one's good. I know I'm gonna take me into piece with me, but this is legitimately the hardest bake up.
Speaker 2: Caroline. You one, Caroline, the first time I've seen you go down with honor, and I.
Speaker 1: Just love that for you.
Speaker 2: No, I can see him too tough. Yes, you're going to take him down. No, man, I don't look.
Speaker 5: He brings she's got the shovel with Yeah, this is the best thing that I've tried of yours.
Speaker 1: I'm like, not, I think this is the best best thing. She's tried to.
Speaker 2: I thought the banana playton was the best. I didn't try. That's so fast.
Speaker 4: You haven't tried yet almost, But like I should have took Fred's side, just put the technicalalty part of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But we'll have to have a rematch.
Speaker 2: Is so good. I did like An. I think I think, did you like Anna? Surprised me because I did you like Anna?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: It was okay.
Speaker 1: To be honest now honest, but I get her props because like because sometimes, like with SELBYR, it's like it's a.
Speaker 3: Very clear no, no, I'm gonna get Anna he props. It was a it's a good case. It was a good cake, so and so John.
Speaker 1: For those for those at home, this is the most the most gracious we've seen Fred because I think I understand that this is good cake, and but Fred's cake was also very good. I wish you could taste them both.
Speaker 2: You got to taste.
Speaker 1: It's just his personal preference.
Speaker 2: Fred had that.
Speaker 4: Fred had that I just ate my mom Thanksgiving and that pound cake was sitting there and it was fight.
Speaker 2: You got that pound cake?
Speaker 1: That's good? You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's on point.
Speaker 1: It's something very like comforting about it.
Speaker 2: Anna surprised, crap out of me. I ain't right, So I didn't know they were doing it like they and in Colorado.
Speaker 1: The crap it Okay, So so is this is this? Anna? Anna? Lemon cake win.
Speaker 2: We'll get Anna in the first Wow.
Speaker 1: And it's close. It's close. But so we'll have to do this again. Anna, you want to do it again?
Speaker 4: Yes, challenge accepted.
Speaker 1: All right, and fred how about Freddy gets to pick this on.
Speaker 2: The cake knickstat Oh?
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you so much for joining it. Go ahead, Thank you much so much for joining. Congratulations Anna, and please make sure you like them. Subscribe wherever you can get your podcasts, and make sure you check out our command Center special if you want more training camp options. And vote Vote Vote, Vote Vote. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.