Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Statbeck along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. With us is a Bloomberg News equities reporter and deputy team leader for US Equities, Carmen Reinicky, what are you watching?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the first one I'm looking at today is Meta Platforms. Is this ticker me Eta, And you know, the stock is up about seven percent right now. It's a little bit off of its highs on the day, but this is the best performer of the Megs seven. So we saw some investors kind of moving back into those, you know, risk on stocks earlier today. So what's happening with Meta? The company debuted its latest artificial intelligence model. It's called MEWS Spark and it was created by Meta Superintelligence Labs. And this is important because this is sort of the first release after Mark Zuckerberg said that they were investing a lot of money into this, specifically into this AI lab to keep up with competitors in the space.
Speaker 1: It's a new Meta universe.
Speaker 3: I still call it avado.
Speaker 4: You call it?
Speaker 3: What is it called avocado?
Speaker 1: Avocado? Is? It was?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: The was the internal code for it. But now how quickly things change. We're calling in the platforms, but mews, yeah, call the meta platform. They're all in on.
Speaker 1: I also like avocado. They moved away he did, okay, yeah, but they're really in.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you know, little levity needed today. Where should we go next?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's go to CHEG. So this is ticker c HGG. Shares are up about twenty two percent right now, a pretty big jump for them, most in a few weeks here. So this is an online educational platform, and shares are up so much because Galloway Capital Partners, an activist investor, UH disclosed they have more than five percent stake in the company, and they're also arguing for changes to improve the stocks value, including separation of some of its business units.
Speaker 3: The stock has been beat up. It's right now in eighty eight cent stock even with today's twenty more than twenty one percent increase if you go back to twenty twenty one, a little bit post pandemic ninety six dollars stock.
Speaker 4: Well, this is one that really got caught in sort of the AI losers pocket, right, you know, it's sort of rife for you know, disruption, I guess, having artificial artificial intelligence tools on the market. And it's actually something that the investor that this activist Adventure mentions in his letter. You know, he actually kind of applauded how the company is sort of integrating AI and trying to keep up there.
Speaker 1: Bruce Galloway, Right, yeah, hey, let's talk about Levi Strass. We had a great conversation with the CEO and they seem to be just firing on all cylinders. And yeah, he felt really guilty because we didn't have Levi's on, but I have a lot in my wardrobe. Full disclosure.
Speaker 4: Well, same well Stoca story. Yes, the stock is doing really well. It's up ten percent today. This is the best intra day gain since July for this stock, so doing really well. The company, you know, raised its projections for the year. It had really solid quarterly results and I know you guys also talked about the macro here and how that's really important you know going forward.
Speaker 1: I mean they talked about you know, their supply chains around the world. They've done that for a long time. And their collaborations with influenza.
Speaker 3: You know the collaborations are cool. When I haven't heard of most of the then you know they're speaking to the telegraph.
Speaker 1: The followers are social and we're like.
Speaker 3: No, idea, who I doubt these people are? Which is which is Beyonce?
Speaker 1: I know, we did no Beyonce. We talked a little Harry Styles and lastly, yeah, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know the stock movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto the Bloomberg Business app.