Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: When I would drop these videos, I would put stupid stuff like Jeremy Anderson speaks at Troy.
Speaker 4: High School, not realizing people ain't looking for that.
Speaker 3: I changed that sucker to top motivational youth speaker in the week.
Speaker 4: A thousand views.
Speaker 3: They'll figure out the name after I watch it.
Speaker 4: They figured out later.
Speaker 3: I put out thinking what are teachers looking for? Right right right, best speak, best assembly speaker, guest speaker for best top speaker, best speaker, Like I used that stuff, but just kept it very generic. What they were typing in.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike dropdrop.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Ey Eltis is going to be a special episode, something that you've been looking forward to for a while.
Speaker 7: So jer Jimie Anderson, I'll give the whole backstory of this.
Speaker 6: I think the first time that we actually met was when we came to your house, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was that one of Marcus events? Okay, and then were playing that big one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that was over.
Speaker 4: That was over.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He invited us to his house on Tuesday, I think Monday and Tuesday for lunch in Atlanta, and it was us, it was Spargo, Y, Marcus, Alex, Neo, just just.
Speaker 2: Y.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all the guys in Atlanta pulled up and beautiful house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's the understanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his house is inspired Atlanta houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt the.
Speaker 7: Way beautiful house, but it was just good fellowship.
Speaker 6: Camaraderie really just summed up the experience of Atlanta, you know, when people working together, people building together. I had lunch him, so that was like the first time we actually got to build and then from there we've been able to develop a relationship. And he was gracious enough to MC Investments for legendary investments.
Speaker 4: Bonkers said to be available.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, that's not something that we took lightly because that was our first ever like event of that magnitude. So having somebody at the MC the event was something that was extremely important. That's like a quarterback of the team. So you know, we entrusted Jeremy. Whether he's in a great job, homerun Jeremy is a world renow speaker, author as well.
Speaker 7: And just a great guy.
Speaker 6: But he has been all over the world speaking from Australia to Africa, Middle East, India, India. So he's been in the space for over a decade twelve years, right, yep. So this is going to be an interesting episode because you know, public speaking, motivational speaking is one of these things that has been around for a long time, but people are just now starting to realize.
Speaker 7: That there's actually business behind it.
Speaker 6: It's not just somebody just going up there just giving out quotes like it's actually a business.
Speaker 7: And it's one of those things.
Speaker 6: I like you because it's like, you know, it shows that anybody can do it, because it's not like you was groomed it for this your whole life.
Speaker 7: You have some.
Speaker 6: Adversity early on. We'll talk about that, but came and just doing it and making a living for yourself. Company is killing it. Multi millions have been generated at an academy with students. So we're going to get all of the information, all of the game. But first and almost, man, thank you for having me. Man, Yeah, thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: And let me just say, man, what I honor it was.
Speaker 3: To get the call to host the best fest. You know what I'm saying, because bro, y'all know a lot of people. So when y'all call me, it was a no brainer, you know, saying y'all know. The conversation we had it was just like Yo, what's done? And I got to shout y'all out. Man, you know, y'all student there in South Africa is doing well.
Speaker 4: Can I tell the people about it?
Speaker 3: About it? We'll get to me. But if we tell you some things we don't talk about Jeremy. So when we had the lunch, and so you know, I'm nonprophets is sponsoring forty kids in South Africa and so me and my wife personally sponsored ten. And so when we were having lunch and you guys, I never forget y'all was like, yo, you y'all y're sponsoring kids?
Speaker 4: Are y'all?
Speaker 3: Y'all still want sponsors? And then y'all was like, we want to sponsor one. It wasn't how much can we It was just like, yo, we want to sponsor one. And so that student is doing well, you know what I'm saying, And they would not be there if it wasn't for y'all, man, So respect for that.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: When I got the call for investments, it was a no brainer.
Speaker 4: Y'all know we do. That's love, man. I want to get into this look back, all right, So how did you get.
Speaker 3: Into the field of public speaking? So I think I I always was running my mouth when I was in school and never realized I could really get paid for it. And then of course the big homie you know what I'm saying, et seeing how he's emerged over the years, Like I knew what was possible, but then like most people, it was just like, ah, but is that possible for me? And so you know, I went through a lot of different adversities, bump my head, made a lot of mistakes, and I finally got my mind righting my life together. I would get invitations here or there to speak you know what I'm saying, a little use program at this church, or can you come to this little school after school program? And I started just speaking and just really sharing my story. I didn't even really understand the art behind it. I was just like, yo, I got a message, I got a story, and I just started speaking and just really wanted to make an impact that sparks them inside their minds. And then I looked up years later, long story short, and it emerged at the whole business. I was actually speaking kind of off and on for about two years, a little over two years, and then I had this incident man where I met this little red haired girl man and she changed my life and I ended up quitting my job becoming a full time speak I'm talking about jump ten toes in and then my wife's so gangssee, y'all gonna trace it. She jumped in too, she quit her job, and then it was like at this point now it was like, yo, I got a sink or swim.
Speaker 2: So in the early days, before we get to the part where you're flourishing, what was that preparation, like for given speaking in public right, because a lot of people haven't gotten to that point yet. But it's like, you know, they might have a gift, what they think they do? What's that process?
Speaker 4: Like? What was the preparation?
Speaker 2: Like are we just saying like I'm a freestyle when I got there, or I'm an write down notes?
Speaker 3: Like what was the processya, I'm gonna give you gangs? So I'm gonna say a nice friend. Everybody's watching right now, like take notes, I'm gonna give gang right. First off, everybody has a gift and a story, and most people don't realize that. So the first thing you do when somebody is gonna give you the opportunity to speak, you need to figure out what are the core values of the organization, What are some of their pain points? What are they struggling with? You know what I'm saying, how can you add the most value? Then you want to ask questions like, who's gonna be in an audience, what are some of the different things that they're dealing with? Are they struggling with if it's young people, if it's women, if it's adults, if it's corporate, Like, what are some of the challenges, like what's going on inside their world? That way you could find a way to craft the best message, the best speech. Most people just be like I'm just going to go and speak and share my story and have no clue who's in the audience. But I cracked the code, Like, if you want to get invited over and over and over again, if you want people to start recommending you for other folks, you got to figure out, Okay, who's the audience, what they got going on, what challenges? What are they dealing with? You know what I'm saying. What language do they use? What jargon?
Speaker 4: What are some of the pain points? So you can add the most value.
Speaker 3: And that's really what I've always been on whenever I'm speaking, it's like, Yo, how can I add the most value? Even today when we was outside, I told y'all, like, yo, I want to add a ton of value. I want to give as much game as way as possible, because there's something special that you just put yourself in the best position. It's hard not to thrive when you've got that kind of mindset. So that's the first thing I tell people, to get as much information so you can add as much value.
Speaker 4: What about the aspect of anxiety?
Speaker 2: Public speaking is something that is difficult for a lot of people, and at some point maybe it was difficult for you.
Speaker 4: So how do you deal with that if you did?
Speaker 2: And what are like some things that people can do when it's like the first time they're speaking.
Speaker 3: So you got, yeah, you got two types of people that's gonna be speaking, whether it's for a living or whether doing it for free or whatever. Right, you got the person that has to give the gap so they can talk in front of even though the don't know they talking about, they don't have a problem running their mouth. But then you got the person's kind of shy, you know what I'm saying. And they say that ninety five ers love humans are afraid of public speaking. So it's already a special type of individual that's even has the courage to stand up in front of other people to speak. And those are the ones that's typically in this space. Now, I still have people that have amazing stories and got great insight that are kind of shy and nervous, and so we helped them break out of that and remind them like they're authoritative figures in their space. You know what I'm saying. I think when people realize that, it helps them come out that shell. We just had one student, you know what I'm saying, Carla out on the West Coast. She's got seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: She's in our.
Speaker 3: Program, Man one speaking engagement, and she's just like, man, I was so nervous. I can't believe I got the contract. I'm like, now, I'm gonna show you what to do when you take the stage. So, you know what I'm saying, Let's let's back up a little bit. I went to the backstory because I know there was some adversity. Can you talk about that, because I know you was in the darks place and that helped you to where you are now. So for people that might not be familiar with your story, can you kind of give them a little background in your story? Yeah? So you know, growing up, my biological father was never present in my life, like a lot of people can relate to. I dealt with years of drugging, alcohol abuse. I wasn't the type that could just have a drink and have a good time.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: I was like on some bino stuff. You know what I'm saying, repeated tail you're in school ADHD Like I really struggle, you know what I'm saying, pulling kick doors, stealing cars like I literally wishes out here, just trying to get in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Nah, this is true. Alabama, Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I went from Dallas, Texas to Atlanta, New Jersey, Alabama, then back to Atlanta. We moved around a lot when I was young, and I was just trying to get it, you know what I'm saying, and caught up with the wrong crowd, me and my boys, your knucklehead trying to figure things out, you know what I'm saying. And so I had a lot of challenges. But I eventually hit the reset button. You know. That's why I told you all the time, like I se be dinner in prison. I got some pot that's locked up right now, you know what I'm saying, Like I should be there, but I got another chance. I got to experience that thing called grace, and so now I'm like, let me help other people not make the same mistake I made. So now I turn my pain into purpose, you know what I'm saying. Like, like they say, you're messing to a message. So now I let people know like most people want to run away from their story. Most people want to run away from their past, you know what I'm saying, because they feel like, nah, that that might be a liability.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, your.
Speaker 3: Past is an asset.
Speaker 4: You feel me Like most people say, no, my past is a liability.
Speaker 3: No, what's an asset like that can help propel you, that can help you build wealth, that can help you break change and curses and help other people and provide for yourself and help spark something. Once you figure it out, you hit the reset button. Now you tell other people how to figure it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't be ashamed of something that you went through because somebody can't use it against you if you embrace it, like Jay said, hope that that's hopefully you won't have to go through.
Speaker 4: That your test becomes a testimony and stay.
Speaker 6: So all right, So for being a public speaker, let's let's attack this one step at the time. What are the qualifications, if there are any qualifications to become a public speaker, Can anybody be a post speaker?
Speaker 3: I feel anybody can be a public speaker. And I literally have every type of person that I work with in our community that are from different walks of life. Black, white, Hispanic, young, old. Some are teachers, some used to be pastors, some don't want to be a pastor, Some are in between jobs, some drop out of college.
Speaker 4: And they all are experiencing SSS.
Speaker 3: It really just depends on what you got going on here and what you got going on side here. Number one question I get is do I got to go to a college and get a degree. And I'm like, you already got a degree. I gotta have people like no. I'm like, no, you already got a degree. You've got an associate and abandonment, you have been abandoned. You got a bachelor's in brokenness. You feel me like the hard knock life. You feel me like you got a master's in misery, you got a doctrine and depression, like there are some things you've gone through and that right there is what has prepared you. So now when you stand in front of people, you can speak with authority, because you know how it feels to be in a bed and not want to get out the bed, not want to do nothing, not want to work out, not want to open the curtains. You know how that feels. But you got out of that. You on the other side. Now that is what has equipped you and prepared you to be able to speak.
Speaker 8: So I'm going to ask you a questions on new people actually can start making money, but before that, since there is like you said, you're gonna have to go to school, but I feel like you still have to hone your skills.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So what is like even for us to have a podcast?
Speaker 6: So what people don't know is that before we actually had a podcast, top of the charts and all of that, is I had a public access show. So I didn't necessarily plan on doing this, But what I realized is that I did the public access show for almost two years and at the time, my friend Mike, he didn't.
Speaker 4: Understand why I was doing.
Speaker 6: He would be like, we should just do a YouTube because we can get paid on YouTube, and like, if you're going to do something, just start building a brand right now, right, And I'm like, nah, a, it's not time yet, and b I'm not ready yet, you know what I'm saying. I got to actually home my skills, and that was kind of like the minor leagues for me. How I look at it like you know what I'm saying, Where people are looking at it like who wants to do a public access channel show? I never looked at it like that. I looked at like way to build relationships, in a way to just get more comfortable having conversations in front of camera.
Speaker 4: So that helped me.
Speaker 6: So I say that to say, what are some ways that even before somebody could even think about making money, they could just get comfortable speaking publicly, Because, like you said, it is a big fear and it is a skill set too.
Speaker 3: Right right. So I tell people all the time that the best practice is like when you're really in front of somebody. So I tell all my students, like, make sure you get your heart right. Don't just do it just for the bag. The bag is great. You got to really have a heart for people. So I tell all of them, get every single opportunity that will come your way. You call it organization and institutions. I would love to speak, I would love to volunteer my services. I would love to add value. It's only a matter of time before you start getting some of those engagements. Can you speak and give a speech in front of a mirror and do some stuff like that, Like, yes, you can do all of that right, but when you're ask in front of people like those free engagements, that's your practice ground. And that's how it was for me. This no shortcuts to greatness. Youve got to be willing to put some work in, you know what I'm saying. The more you do it, the more you get better when it comes to your flow, your articulation, your delivery, your style, your cadence, your posture, how you stand, how you deliver it, and then you get it filmed and you watch it and now you can see, okay, what to do differently next time. So I tell people all the time, like get in front of as many people, take every single opportunity that comes your way, and watch the more opportunities that come your way.
Speaker 4: But that helps you perfect it.
Speaker 2: I remember being in a speech class in college and one of your every assignment, every speech that you have to give, you have to get a VHS.
Speaker 3: Which is like what they used to record on back in.
Speaker 2: And you would have to record it, and then you'd have to critique yourself, and then the teacher would have his critique and y'all have to match and have a meeting with that. Is that something that you practice or was one of the techniques, like hey, let me go watch some speakers take notes, like other things we can do to help master and study their outside of just you know, in the mirror and doing free engagement.
Speaker 3: So until you get opportunities to speak for free, then you got to study the craft. So that's when you looking my stuff up. You look up Inkie Johnson, you look up Eric Thomas, you know what I'm saying, Like you look up Let's Brown.
Speaker 4: You look up these iconic speakers, and you watch them.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, you kind of get that in your spirit, get that in the energy, you know what I'm saying, to kind of see how they're moving, operating. Then when you get your opportunity, you can have your own voice. And it takes you a while some time to find your own voice, your own style, but that is key, you know what I'm saying. So I say both and not either or depending on the opportunity. And I can always tell the people that study the game I got people with that. Now, I'd be like, bro, I'll be watching all your videos.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, let's go. But it's hit different though, when it's actually on you and you got to send in front of the people.
Speaker 4: Can you talk about that journey of finding your voice?
Speaker 2: Like you could study someone And we were watching somebody the other night and they were doing stand up and they reminded me of another comment and so it's like, all right, you can tell they've studied that one. What's that journey like if you actually finding your own voice because you're watching people, you're studying, but you want to make it your unique self.
Speaker 4: So what's that like? So that can be actually very risky.
Speaker 9: Everyone has an opinion when it comes to the foods we eat. This food's good for you, this one's bad for you, This diet works best, But who actually has the right answer. You don't need rules to lose weight, You just need proper information to build smarter, more sustainable habits. NOOM is here to change the way we view food by not only looking at what we eat, but also how we eat. Instead of making you feel guilt, NOOM empowers you to keep going Not everyone wants to be on a strict diet, do five days a week at the gym, or have a daily smoothies and crushable tease. Noom uses a psychology based approach to find healthier balances that's more suitable for your life and as a result, more sustainable. Look, Nooma's already influenced the way I shot for food, which has not only saved me money, It's also given me a clearer understanding of the foods I'm consuming, which has made me sharper and more energetic. You have to try it out. Look, there are no food restrictions in the program, which makes the process more flexible for your lifestyle. Everybody's journey is different and progress not perfection. Seventy five percent of Noom users finish the program, and more than sixty percent of users engage with the program keep the weight off for a year or even more. With Neom, all you need is a daily ten minute check in, no grueling early mornings or huge chunks out of your day. Are you ready to start building better habits for healthier long term results. Sign up for a Noom trial at noom dot com slash leisure that's n M dot com slash leisure. Don't wait, don't hesitate it over there now.
Speaker 3: Right, because you know, it's like you hang out with your cousin a whole lot and you start you start picking up jargon. You're not trying to, you just realized, like man, or you might have somebody that might talk and say something, pick up some lingers, like and you got that from me, you got that for shot it. You know what I'm saying. It's like, that's weird, you know what I'm saying. That's how it was with me and guess who it was. Et Rob known Et for over twenty six years, like he famied me.
Speaker 4: Like he's my daughter's godfather.
Speaker 3: And so because I watched him so much, like you just pick up certain things from Big Bro not even realizing it. So it took me to go through a journey of saying, you know what, let me just try to be intentional. But there was a few years I was like, I'm not even watching Big Bro stuff no more. You should have videos, no, you know what I'm saying, because we so connected. But I to find my own voice and have my own style of delivery. And so everybody that's out here speaking, it's like you do want to watch others, but then you want to look at the MIRRORCA and say, Okay, how do I deliver it? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: How is my flow? How is my style?
Speaker 3: Like when I be speaking, I be very passionate, but sometimes I be goofy, like but I'm done to earth, you know what I'm saying. But then I'm like, but yo, let me not run from that.
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 3: I can be very passionate and I gonna say it's so funny. They get back very serious. You know what I'm saying. People be like, bro he bipolar. Will look it's working, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's who I am. And so I feel like everybody has an opportunity to kind of decide like which path they're gonna take. And I think the more research you do, the more you get closer, the more experience you have to really find your voice.
Speaker 7: I feel like there's also different types of speaking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, like some people speaking his motivation right, journey right then whatever you get from.
Speaker 7: And it's like we do public.
Speaker 6: Education, right, So how important is that to find your pocket of actually what you want to speak about?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it really depends on your gifts and your level of articulation and how you speaking deliverer. Because there are some people that's like super passion, super motivational, and they gonna get you fired up.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people, you know what I'm saying. They ain't got that.
Speaker 3: Passion, but they got that depth, they got that knowledge. They're expert in their fields, so they can take the stays. They got the clicker, and they're gonna teach you. You know what I'm saying. They're gonna teach you whatever it is that they will booked to teach you.
Speaker 4: You know. But then you have those people that's like, yo, I'm just gonna share with you my story.
Speaker 3: I don't really have a whole bunch of passion and I'm not about to break down no deeps, you know what I'm saying, like data, but I'm about to share with you my story and my journey and tell you what you got to apply to do something different. So there are those different areas, and so if people got to ask themselves like am I naturally outgoing? Am I naturally an extrovert? Like am I naturally passionate? You know what I'm saying, do I go in the room and there's never a stranger.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's what area you could take. Then you got some people that's like, Yo, I'm not really I'm actually kind of low key. I'm kind of an inturer. I'm kind of low key, but I got some knowledge. When I take the stage, I can speak for that. You know what I'm saying, Like, people are going to pay you for two things. They're gonna pay you for the knowledge that you have and the problem you can solve. And then there's another tier of payment when you get to like celebrity icon status.
Speaker 4: I was told years ago, like they.
Speaker 3: Gonna pay you match twenty five hundred for like knowledge. At some point though, it's like they get to a point it's like I gotta have you and I'm wanting to pay you whatever. So the goal is get to a point you always got that passion, you already got that insight, that knowledge. Now how do you build up that brand? You know what I'm saying, to get to a point where they wanted to pay whatever to get you there?
Speaker 6: Would you recommend that everybody write a book before they want to start public speaking.
Speaker 3: No, No, but books do help because it's like a resume. Yeah, yeah, books do help, you know what I'm saying. But I know people who are killing it right now that don't have a book. You know what I'm saying. I know somebody that's did five hundred thousand dollars that I work with that only has a children's book. It's not even the personal story. But books do help because there is another level of credibility, you know what I'm saying. But nowadays, you know, it's like it's kind.
Speaker 4: Of it's easier now to become an author.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not as challenging as it was ten, fifteen, twenty years ago because you can kind of be like a self published you know what I'm saying. Person. But it does help if you have a book and you can pull your story out of it.
Speaker 4: But I have people do vice versa.
Speaker 3: I got people that have books author and there are authors who say, man, I'm gonna take my story and turn it into a speech. And I have people who have amazing stories that rock the stage and say I'm gonna take this now and turn this into a book. The sweet spot is when you have both because then when you get done with the gig, you can do a book signing. Yeah, that's all great. Yeah, try.
Speaker 2: So what's the process of preparing for that speech? Maybe it's your first one. I mean you said some key points. You said focus on tone, posture, delivery. What are those other keys that you want to focus on? In what type of time it should be dedicated to it? Like when you're U preparing for people, well, in the early stages, not now, but in the early stages.
Speaker 4: What was that type of preparation for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I tell everybody you want to have three main elements. You want to have an intro and then the body of the speech and more of my intros, I pay homage and respect, thank you for having me, could have brought somebody else here, and I thank you for allowing me to be the presenter.
Speaker 4: I always do that.
Speaker 3: And then you give your story and key points, story and key points, story and key points throughout your whole presentation. That's after you've done the research. That's after you've talked to the people. You know who's in the audience, you know their pain points, you know what they're struggling with. You get all the information. Now it's like, okay, now I'm gonna give you straight game. I'm gonna give you straight insight. But I'm a parent with my story. So whenever I'm speaking for a school and university of corporate game, like whenever I say the stage, I'm sharing bits and piece of my story. But when I know who's in the audience, now I know what parts of my story will connect with you. There are some audience in some stages I standing on, I'm not even talk about what I went through when I was young because they own some adult stuff. I talked about what I'm through as adult. I'm talking about it when I went through in business. I'm talking about what I went throughing marriage because that's like, okay, I can relate. I can connect with that. And so and then you have an outrow. You have a closing, and so I have like a signature closing I use for young people. You know what I'm saying. That kills it every single time. And then so I tell people to always have some pipper clothes. It might be a call and response or it might be like a mantra something you create. But always have a real strong close so you can have that powerful dropping mic moment.
Speaker 6: How important is it get the crowd engaged, whether it be a joke, laughter or like you know, hey, this side, come on, Like you have people do that a lot, like before they start, Like how important is it to engage the audience throughout the compensation?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think for that, I think off the rip it's important because they say that if you get the people to laugh, like you know, you got them. So if you can have some fun to say, you know what I'm saying at the very beginning, you know what I'm saying to get them.
Speaker 4: To laugh, like, that's a win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a win. And then there are some people like I remember the last event, uh and that's fest you know what I'm saying, Like, well, I seen how Trap took the stage. He got the crowd hype on this side, got them hype on that side. You feed off of that energy. But I've been in some events it's like come on, come on, stand up on your feet, talk to you. How you feeling, how you feelings?
Speaker 4: Who's the guy right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: So I'm like, all right, they want to smoke, but even that, that's you gotta fight through that though.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 10: It's like it's like an artist performing.
Speaker 6: And if they're not vibing with you. You can't just leave the stage. You keep going. You gotta keep going. So what's the first steps to get a paid gig.
Speaker 3: I have people that's getting paid to speak that don't even have websites yet. I'm big on websites. You gonna Wix, square space, put you get a nice, clean website. Your message needs to be clear, what you stand for, the problems you can solve needs to be clear.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: High quality picture is the best you can nowadays. You ain't got no excuse. You have a photographer, cool, your cousin, somebody got an iPhone thirteen pro you know what I'm saying, Like, get you some decent pictures, high quality pictures, clear, that's good. Even if you don't have that, you can get you a nice ePK, you know what I'm saying. You can go to a fib and have somebody to put together ePK that has your bio bullet points at what you talk about. These are the type of things that you need to begin to get these opportunities. And then you go to the different places that are going to book you to speak, whether it's a corporation or it's a university, or it's a church or a school and you show up. You know what I'm saying, you drop. I just talked to one of my guys. I want to live with my guy Nate. The other night, my man literally followed the play. He took some donuts, a dozen donuts for my Krispy Kreme or something, went there with his ePK, dropped it off at his local school in his neighborhood, and was like, hey, I'm from here, I live here. I'm also a motivational speaker. If I can never help you guys.
Speaker 4: Out of principle, it was like, oh my gosh, we.
Speaker 3: Were just meeting. We need to speaker. This is amazing. I may not getting a gig and they're trying to press kid that yeah, yep, just like one sheet, you know, and they might even have those hyperlinks. It might even have it. It might just literally just be a nice little PDF one sheet. But that stuff works because now it's like yo, and you're not saying, hey, here's some donuts, here's my information. Can you book me to speak? Now, it's like, hey, this is what I do. I'm a national motivation speaker. We got to speaker life. You know what I'm saying, I'm a national motivation speaker, Like, what can I do if you ever need me? I'm here to serve your school and add value, serve my community and just let it go.
Speaker 4: Just like that. That's the start. That's one thing when we start.
Speaker 2: We're doing free gigs, right or or yeah, or we're doing paid gigs. And if we are, if we're getting paid out the gate, like, how do we know what the charge or is it what the actual person is offering for the speech itself.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give a hack.
Speaker 3: So when you first put if you have a website, you put together your website, you want to know their name, their address, not their address, their name, their email, their number, point of contact, estimated budget the speaker. That's I knew I was already doing good. I was making six figures in your speaking. When I put estimated budget speaker, it's almost like I instantly became a millionaire.
Speaker 4: So that's that's on the booking form on your webs.
Speaker 7: Few people.
Speaker 10: From college.
Speaker 8: So instead of that's a common instead of asking, instead of telling somebody how.
Speaker 3: About you charge? Yeah, you say what's your budget? What's your budget? What did you put aside for a speaker? And if it's low. You said, okay, well my starting's twenty five hundred. Okay, well my starting RADI is five thousand dollars, you know, and then you wait, that's stilond. Pause can be a killer, you know what I'm saying. But it's like both parties is waiting to see who won't fold. And sometimes they might say, hey, that's that's cool.
Speaker 4: I can work with it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they might say I just don't have it. Well, then you you still go ahead and you do what you gotta do, especially when you first start. You know what I'm saying, But that's what you do.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. And then if you don't.
Speaker 3: Have a website just yet and people want a bookie to speak, you asked them, okay, yeah, I'm available these days. I think I can work that out. What's your budget for a speaker? You let them tell you that I got my I got my first gig. Somebody book they put in the estmate budget peaker. They put two zero zero zero zero and they ain't put a comment anywhere. So my wife was like, we got another another gig, I'll reach out this before we had Avenue, you know who handles my traveling booking and so. So I was like, hey, boot, don't play. She was like, it's a typo. They put too many zeros. I was like, how you know, maybe we broke through. We broke through boo. She got on the phone with them and they were She's like, yep, absolutely, yep, U's twenty thousand dollars. Can you guys work with that? I said, okay, that's when we are on the something now you know what I'm saying. And so, but we if we had we never put that, they'd been like, Jeremy, you know how much is Y'll have been like seventy five hundred. But they told me they got twenty thousand. Does that work with your budget? I was like, we can work with that.
Speaker 6: So is it important for to have a niche of Some people only focus on colleges, some people focus on high schools, some people focus only on corporate and they each have different budgets.
Speaker 4: With different things.
Speaker 7: You say, it's important to have a niche focused on that or do it?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 7: Try to do everything?
Speaker 3: So I tell people if they don't have if they're not clear about their mission, the message and their audience. Because there are some people that's like man, I can speak for schools. I could speak for colleges and I could do corporate. You know what I'm saying, I could do other organizations. I'm not sure where my voice. I tell them to date around before you marry this occupation of this field, Like date a round. You know what I'm saying, Like date around with a few different you know what I'm saying, areas and see if you look up in a year and you had three corporate engagements, but twelve schools, Well, now you know that's where the bigger demand is. Like, don't let that, don't let that go to money. There was a time in my life when I was I was speaking to eat. I don't speak to eat no more. I speak to feed. Now I'm not gonna let you know. I'm not gonna let the money. You know what I'm saying, movement. You know what I'm saying, This the mission. I'm not gonna let the profits motivate me. You know what I'm saying. It's more so the purpose. And so I tell people all the time to figure it out. Now. When I first started, but I was doing everything I wanted to eat. I saw eat. I was like, yo, eat, bro, you doing corporate you're also a pastor, and you in schools, university, sports teams. I'm trying to do it all. And he told me, he was like, yeah, but if you go to my website, it's one main thing I'm pushing. It's one main thing i'm advocating for. I'm just getting these other things. Your gifts will make room for you. He was like, you got to clean it up. So that's when I was just like, man, okay, because I had a tab that said corporate, I had a tab that said churches and a tab that said schools.
Speaker 4: So whatever you wanted, I'm your guy. I got whatever you need. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I was like a handyman.
Speaker 4: He was like, YO, clean it up.
Speaker 3: And so I was like, I took out corporate that don't come as easy, and it's like our churches and schools. And I realized, like I could reach way more people in the school space folks in the church either if I travel and speaking, I'm speaker when I leave pastor as still there ain't nobody coming to these schools like that. So I went all in with.
Speaker 4: Schools, thinking schools didn't really have a budget.
Speaker 3: Thinking I literally thought, man, I ain't gonna make the money I could have made in corporate. But it's not about the money. It's about these kids, about the sacrifice making an impact. I was wrong though high schools or college. I do high schools, middle schools, and universities.
Speaker 2: So schools are unique because once you do a great job, they booked you again, and sometimes they might have you as a quarterly speaker. So how does that work? You just you have they have the budget, and is the budget allocated for the year or is it for each speech?
Speaker 4: How does that work?
Speaker 3: Do you like have a long time contracts?
Speaker 4: Every school is different.
Speaker 3: You got something that want to put me on retainer, you got some in site, I just got one budget for this right here. Or if you're with the relationships, I'm gona get you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get your I'm gonna give our learners of the sauce on that.
Speaker 3: If you build the relationships, they'll start calling you saying I got opportunities. I got a principal that hit me a few months ago. Now they hit everything and say, Evan, I got five thousand dollars. EV's like, Jeremy, I really trying right now. Girl, Just have him do a little twenty minute video encouraging my teachers. I'm gonna mai y'all to check. She just saw she had leftover budget, but she is like, y'all my people, So I want you to get this before I spend it with anybody else. Let me give y'all a sauce on that, right, here's the sauce on that. So every single time I have a speaking I'm engagement before I get there, I want to have a conversation. I want to know the things we talked about. What are your pain points, what are you struggling with? Who's in the audience? You know what I'm saying, like, like, what are you all looking? What's the theme for the event? I want to understand everything so I can add the most value After that ten to fifteen minute conversation, they really appreciate that. They're like yo, most because most people are not doing that. Most people just like, here's my story. Then when I show up, I show out, I lose my mind. I give them my all, and then I spend thirty minutes to an hour afterwards taking picture, taking selfies, talking with people. They appreciate that connection. Then not do a follow up call, and I'm like Hey, is there anything I could have did differently? Did I meet your expectations or did I exceed your expectations? That's another touch point. Ain't nobody doing that? Then I send them a gift. I'll take one percent of the budget. So if it's a small game, it's like maybe ten grand, that's one hundred dollars, I'll send you a big old edible arrangement or something from a local bakery with a card that says, we hope these treats are as sweet as Jeremy's presentation. You know what I'm saying. That they laugh, but now they're eating. And it's a science. If I speak on Tuesday, I don't do anything on Wednesday. I know everybody the organization is talking on Wednesday. Then I had the gift to ride on Thursday, and that, you know what I'm saying, that's another level of class, Like most people aren't expecting that. And then after I send the gift that I've had all those calls, then I'm gonna send them a holiday card from my family, not from the Jeremy Anderson group, not from the company, because that's professional. After you spend with me, I want it to be personal. You want to see my wife, you gonna see my two kids.
Speaker 4: Seasons green means you know what I'm saying, Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: That's that's personal there that right there. Man, They let me tell you something. I kind of view it the way I view almost like my life.
Speaker 4: You ain't gonna follow another lover like me when it comes to a speaker. I'm like, you ain't gonna follow another.
Speaker 3: Speaker like me, because not only am I gonna kill the stage, I'm gonna do these extra things that nobody else is doing. So when you do have a budget, yo, you're about to come back to me.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna live on my fridge for the Holliday season, no doubt in fact.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if you used to say, but Lenny went to college professors. Lenny shot out to them and they go around different college and they tell us about this website where it was like kind of like I guess, like an open audition where like schools like you can go and you familiar with that.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, they were saying, I forget the name, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 6: It was, but short speaking reading out to colleges, are there any methods that you would recommend I know, obviously are you like student union leadership going to student union leadership, But like are there different like conventions where like, you know, a bunch of colleges may be present and you can kind of just like pitch to multiple colleges as opposed to just one off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are those. I've been blessed to not even have to do that. They just come into me now. But there are these things called trio. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Trio.
Speaker 3: So basically the government it's just like, yo, we realize that with all of these state funded and major state and colleges universities that eighty percent of the first generation college students and minority students, eighty percent of them'm not going to be successful. So every state college university any HBCUs have this these trio programs where they bring in speakers and they bring in programs to ensure that their students are more successful.
Speaker 4: Trio is called Trio yep, and it's called upward Bound.
Speaker 3: It's like a whole bunch of different programs under the trio.
Speaker 4: It's like Trio Upper Brown, Fresh.
Speaker 3: Start, like all these different programs. But most people don't realize that and it's not even because the universities just want to make sure the students are successful. It ain't even really that they realize. Man, the more successful these kids are, the more they stay at our school, the more money leave money, money, money. So now we take the money from the government, and it's like, yo, if you're going to give it to these institutions, bring me in, Let me be the speaker, let me speak life into these students. Make sure they're showing up the class and handling their business. And then they write to check to us. And that right there is unlimited. I got shot on the Tasha Shabab man. She just got a thirty five thousand dollars contract. She's killing it and she's primarily Trio and she ain't really left the state of Ohio. I'm sitting here thinking like you about to do six figures and you ain't got to lead a state. Like it's possible. These resources are out there. People just really don't know how to tap into it. But that's the whole That university is a whole other way. And now my name is out there so strong, they just kind of hit me and it just is what works with my schedule?
Speaker 2: Is it the same process for corporate, Like you did you reach out or you got to a point where like corporate so looking at you, like we need that guy we have to have. We've heard of him, somebody's referred the more was it like I'm pitching to a corporate organization more salts.
Speaker 3: My first corporate gig was a referral one of my homeboys shout out to the Wan. He referred me to someone. Let me say this my first big corporate gig where they really had a real big check. And I went there and I had my team with me. We filmed it, we documented it, we took testimonials, took off from there.
Speaker 4: So now when anybody.
Speaker 3: Else's looking for me, just be corporate, they see that one video and they see all these other different people and half of them don't look like me saying Jeremy was amazing. Best speech we had in years. We're so motivated, ourselves are going through the roof. I'm thinking, like, man, you couldn't pay them to give repair of testimonial, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's one thing that you can do is really documenting when you get these opportunities. But in that corporate spaces wide open Spot tell people all the time it's really about relationships. The better relationships you could build with them, the better. And we have those relationships, they'll give you referrals. Every single speaking engagement I had back in the day, I used to say, do you mind referring me to three other people? No one is gonna say no unless you was just like trash, you know what I'm saying. But most people are gonna say absolutely, I don't mind referring you. And then they make that recommendation. I'm like, yo, can you send them an email and just blind copy me so I know what's done, Like that's the way, and that's what we do. And then those it kind of becomes like a snowball effect. So your business pretty much built on for Froze, I would say, I would say probably forty percent people still finding me. That's a whole nother hack YouTube broh. I let me tell you something. It's probably been nine years as I had to go to a school to somebody and say, hey, I would love for the opportunity to speak. I ain't did that in a long time, you know what I'm saying. I had at one point I had to start there to let them know I hear, because ain't nobody else gonna advocate for me? You know what I'm saying. I ain't have no marketing firm, Like I gotta let them know I exist. I felt like I was the best cape secret in that space. So I feel like all the pain I went through, they need to know that I have something to share.
Speaker 6: So your marketing, well, you say your marketing today consists of social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not even in the speaking space. I don't even market to speaking business no more.
Speaker 7: It's just autopile.
Speaker 3: I'm not ain't trying to brag brouh. Ain't nobody else doing the work I'm doing the school space humbly, like respectfully, Like there's nobody else's speak in schools like I am. There's nobody else that has the volume. It's nobody else. I'm talking about like two hundred thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be. But understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank, It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Ernest What's up?
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, or seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and yet out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back.
Speaker 3: So you can focus on.
Speaker 2: What matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 11: You just realized your business needed to high there's someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring indeed is all you need.
Speaker 3: Somebody will second demand what I'm demanding and be in every type of school Catholic school, rural school in Wisconsin, inner city, Detroit, Chicago, Miami. You know what I'm saying, Like every type of school, private school, like every type.
Speaker 4: Of school you can think of. I've been there.
Speaker 7: What was your key to really breaking down at the doors for schools?
Speaker 3: YouTube?
Speaker 7: YouTube, like videos on YouTube, videos.
Speaker 4: On YouTube, your past feachers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like now interviews are just you speaking? Like the speaking I literally my first for speaking engagements. I had my guys, some of my homies, Javin. They would film me and capture footage, Capture me walking into the school, capture some testimonials, put together a cool little vibe, put it on YouTube. Then you gotta know the task. You got another description. You gotta know, you know all those different things because people are looking for it. I don't create video. I create videos for students and young people, but I don't create it for them because they ain't looking for it. Young people ain't knowing that. Young people ain't on let me find some motivation, but their teachers are teachers looking for motivation all day long.
Speaker 4: And at the end of every single one.
Speaker 3: Of my video, when the video ends, it's all black. The music is still flowing with my website Jeremy Anderson dot org.
Speaker 4: That's the music slowly fades out.
Speaker 3: And so now teachers are like, email, Oh my god, I couldn't get my kids to calm down and stop being rounding.
Speaker 4: I played your video.
Speaker 3: They connected, I'm gonna talk to my principal and I'm just like that.
Speaker 4: And I was really just dropping these videos. I'm not even really smart like that.
Speaker 3: I was really just putting these videos out there because I really wanted to make an impact. I really wanted, you know what I'm saying, to share a message.
Speaker 4: With these kids.
Speaker 3: But I realized, like, yo, I'm getting more engagements. Where'd you find it? YouTube? YouTube? YouTube, So I started leaning in. But I got so much content out there now I hadn't even I probably dropped three maybe motivational videos last year, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So you look going to school the school content, putting it on YouTube, so more schools could be interested.
Speaker 3: Absolutely just like that. It's like they get a taste of it because they could come to a website and you can have great pictures, but they still might be like, but how do you speak? How do you flow? Like? What's your stories about? But when they see me speed, they see me flow, they see you know what I'm saying. Seven hundred black kids quiet in the auditorium, they're like, yo, or if he can get them quiet like then to connect with their kids and he can connect with my.
Speaker 8: It's niche too, because most people awa assume doing public speak inches broad range public speaking, just motivational stuff.
Speaker 10: But you chose YouTube's the biggest platform, and to niche it.
Speaker 8: Down into schools, so teachers or administrators where they're looking for any type of topic keyword to type on YouTube or speeches, and your pop off Highland algorithm. Right, assuming, especially at that time, they probably wasn't a lot of people doing that just in the school, in the space.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna give one more hat, right, my guys. When I would drop these videos, I would put stupid stuff like Jeremy Anderson speaks at Troy High School, not realizing people ain't looking for that. I got this video for three months, they got two hundred views. I changed that sucker to top motivational youth speaker in a week.
Speaker 4: A thousand views.
Speaker 3: They'll figure out the name after they watch it.
Speaker 4: They figured out later.
Speaker 3: I put out thinking what are teachers looking for? What are people looking for? They're looking at right right, right, best speak, best assembly speaker, high school, middle school. You know what I'm saying, assembly speaker. You know what I'm saying, like guest speaker for best a top speaker, best speaker, like I used that stuff, but just kept it very generic what they were typing in, and I just take I probably got a dozen videos right now that got the same dog on tag, but different thumbnails.
Speaker 4: That's another thing.
Speaker 3: The thumbnail might have a picture of me that says, no, you're worth or it might have a picture of me that says a video every student should watch, or it might have a picture of me that says, you know what I'm saying, heartfelt, powerful message. But the title that's in their YouTube algorithm connects with what they're looking for.
Speaker 4: And that's how we just guilty, and I told.
Speaker 3: And the next move for me is as we build out our speakers Academy and all these.
Speaker 4: More people, I want to put together a speakers bureau.
Speaker 3: So now, if you're not gonna book me, or if I'm not trying to leave for whatever price where don't work with my schedule.
Speaker 4: You can still stay here. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I want to put you know what I'm saying, people on, like bro y'all got to put so many people on, Like with y'all's platform, it's like, yo, let's keep it right here within I nucleus.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, YouTube has been a game changing man. Yeah, so you would travel in the country, traveling the world. Really sorry to think like you're an artist. You must have a writer and all that, right, right, Like I have that these days and let's be there. I got to have my tea. But obviously the pandemic that's happened. Yeah, that sound weird though, right, Yeah, good to me. Right, let's let's talk about that. Because now we were limited in the sense that you couldn't travel. It was actually a blessing. Yeah, because now you don't have to travel. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: I got me a nice little camera about the crib, you know, saying MacBook Pro and I go live zoom just like that.
Speaker 4: Every single day.
Speaker 7: I just had a gig.
Speaker 4: Girl there.
Speaker 3: Today spoke for a national suicide Previncure conference. It's going to be ten thousand people watching me live. I smacked on that, went upstairs, a's some Tai food, jumped in with the homies and came here. You know what I'm saying, Like, just like that. So to be able to still make that type of money but still make that type of.
Speaker 4: Impact I can reach, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. I wouldn't try. You know how a taxing it is to speak five six times a week. That's taxing on your body. I feel like the human really shouldn't even be on the airplane five six days a week, Like that's a lot even on your body, and that elevation. But to go downstairs, cut that camera on and I could be speaking with some basketball shorts on, and then you know what I'm saying, Like, that's the best thing ever, And then I'll have to be away from the family. Now there are I still like being in front of people.
Speaker 4: I still like the crowd. I still like the connection.
Speaker 3: But the luxury of being able to do that and make that impact and income at the house and you know, like and I'm.
Speaker 2: Spoiled, you know, and since your home could I want people to be really clear about this. The budget hasn't changed now the budget is the budget budget, and the fact that I'm delivering the message and I'm giving the audience what you're asking for.
Speaker 3: It stays the same. And there are some school now if we in common track, it's definitely saying the same. Ain't nobody gonna call Ebony and say, hey, it's virtual now, and so since it's virtual, can you give us a discount like we are that's a rap.
Speaker 4: But there are some I will say, there are some schools.
Speaker 3: I had one recently, five grand and seventy two hundred yesterday, you know what I'm saying, Like they might not have big budgets, but they you know, but it's like I'll take that, and I still do stuff for free. We got a whole school in Arizona that we sponsored with a group of kids that's struggling. It's heavy Hispanic population. Like we completely sponsor these kids. Like so it's it's still the hard work too, you know what I'm saying. And so I still do a lot of that for free. But on the flip end, it's just like if they don't have that budget, it's like I'm at the house. I don't mind working with you, you know what I'm saying but half the time, yes, that price don't change.
Speaker 2: The last part is because this is the point. Yeah, you got a family, Yes, doing all the traveling, right, obviously you're bringing on a lot of money for the family. But what's that balance like being in a marriage and I know your wife was working and eventually decided not to work or was that process like.
Speaker 3: Fil Yeah, it was how I said. It was good, but it was hard when the check would come in. My wife be like you know what, Like you know what I'm saying. It is different, but it was still hard because it's like, yo, she's just there with the kids. So then it got to the point I was like, yo, I'm established enough. I'm only taking gigs if I can fly in and fly right back. So now I'm like, no more overnight unless it's like a stupid amount. So we had that luxury. But after the pandemic, you know, it's like it kind of went away but then started coming back. But I was I was flying out, said that just pulled up to pick me up. I about to go outside. My son grasped my leg He's three, and starts crying and said, day, don't leave, Why are you leaving me? Oh bru, that was a rap bro At that time.
Speaker 4: Something shifted and that's when I really owned.
Speaker 3: That You're gonna have to pay me to leave my house. I'll do zoom all day long. I will snap. I got a great camera, got a great Nikon with a great lens. I would go crazy. I might even cut some sexy lights on in the background. It's gonna be an experience. If you want me to leave, I could You're going to pay me top dollar because then they feel.
Speaker 4: Good for me, you know.
Speaker 3: And I could have been like, oh, he'll be okay. But now that something like that hit me, and my daughter she understands them. She's like, bye, Daddy. So now it's like, if I do leave, I'm bringing my daughter with me. You know what I'm saying from time to time.
Speaker 4: So it works.
Speaker 10: So you just I wouldn't ask you questions. The first question is how do you know what to charge?
Speaker 3: How do you know when it's time to Oh good? So that's a good question, and you kind of asked me that earlier, but I didn't give you the full answer because I was always doing that the free boy.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: So so I tell people the average fear of a speaker is twenty five hundred to five thousand dollars. If you're in the educational space, same thing pretty much with university. That means you're not really popping, you know what I'm saying, You're just kind of an average speaker, you know what I'm saying. So I know people right now who are not who don't have crazy stories, you know, no disrespect, but they not like super talented, but they out here upon the stuff, right, and they doing six figures a year, and which is actually easy. You only got to make eighty four hundred dollars a month. That could be three speaking engagements for three thousand dollars. That's very douab. But that means you're not even speaking, not not even getting five thousands. You just get three a month. That means no, that's not even one speaking engagement a week. You know what I'm saying, You're already making six figures. Like that's docum money. So I tell people all the time when you first start off, expect between twenty five hundred to five thousand dollars. And I have a lot of people that's like, broll, that's life changing. I'm like, yeah, but that was to it like when I'm never figuring. The first time I got five grand I was like, man, I could pay my mortgage up. You know what I'm saying. For the next couple of you know what I'm saying. Months like that, things felt good, I'm like boo, we ball and I realized like, oh this is.
Speaker 4: Like this, this is bitly the tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 3: And then as you get more reps and the more you speak, you got to invest back on yourself. The biggest problem speakers may that I found is they making five and six and seven thousand dollars per gig, but then they blowing it. They spend it saving a little bit and not put it in and get back in themselves. They're eating their seeds. I tell them, don't eat your seeds. Take the first few months and just put it back on yourself. Get you a videographer, somebody that can travel with you. More high quality pictures with you with kids, high fiving people, corporate, whatever, whatever field you want to speak in. More pictures, right, more videos, more testimonials. Now you look at your website, you have a demo reel where you have five six different gigs, three four different people giving you on testimonials.
Speaker 4: Like it's the whole vibe.
Speaker 3: Now now you look like you really, really, really in demand.
Speaker 4: I tell people all the time, you can't make demands.
Speaker 3: If you're not in demand. But the videos would do that. The videos would make people feel like, WHOA, my man is out here getting busy.
Speaker 4: My man is out here doing you know what I'm saying. He got the sausage. So that's what I do, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I tell people all the time, like, put the videos together and then you could scale up and then you could say, ah, I'm gonna go from five thousand, seventy five hundred, and should the resistance you have fifty to fifty or fifty percent of people, it's like, ah, I work with that. Fifty percent is like they ain't got the budget. And you can keep that for a couple of months a year. Then it's like, Okay, now I'm gonna go to ninety two hundred.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You find them random numbers, you know what I'm saying, to kind of go from there.
Speaker 4: And then you could also don't.
Speaker 3: Tell when they're filling out the form, when they fill out that booking for him, if you keep getting two hundred, two hundred, five hundred, five hundred, then obviously they're looking at you and they're like, Okay, he's cool, or they're getting twenty five hundred, twelve hundred. Oh he's cool, but I'm not ready to pay top dollar.
Speaker 4: That's some more things that you got to do within your website.
Speaker 3: But when everon he first told this, probably about four or five years ago, she had first told a gig Jeremy would be ten thousand dollars. They was like, oh, okay, great, that's so great.
Speaker 4: I thought he was so much more.
Speaker 3: I said, yo, like once they was just like looking at his website, I just knew you were gonna say thirty thousand.
Speaker 4: Now that's not the norm.
Speaker 3: Every university of school ain't gonna think that way, right, But I tell people all the time that when you are getting some gigs, the best thing you can do is invest that back on yourself. And y'all know what it is. It's like, man, I got I made some money in the stock market. It's like I can go and blow it, or I can lean in when the price dropped all everybody else leave it. That's what I'm jumping in because it is only a matter of time before it goes back up. And so that's what I do.
Speaker 6: So you just got an opportunity speaking in Australia fifty grand talk about that.
Speaker 7: How was that and how did that come about? So I got a guy.
Speaker 3: I got a guy I've never heard of him in Singapore who sits on this board for this International Financial Leadership conference. So remember I said earlier how I was doing corporate, I was doing schools and churches. And then he was like, YO, make a decision. And then I went all in with schools and I just believe like your gifts will make room for you. Well that's exactly what happened. They seen all these different type of things. They saw watch this. They saw my Your Worth video where I basically break down this dollar and say, if you borrow the dollar up, if you tear it in half, if you stomp on it, it.
Speaker 4: Still has its value.
Speaker 3: So regardless of what you have going on in your life, regardless what happens to you, you still got worth the value. That thing went viral. He saw that video, went to my website, sits on the board for this International Financial Leadership conference, and they was like, yo, we want you to come in and our budget is fifty thousand dollars. You're going to be speaking one time, forty five minutes in front of fifteen thousand people. I'm thinking, like, wow, you know what I'm saying, to see just from content like this stuff that I teach people, Like I'm telling you just put that content out there, but you also gotta have a good heart. Like I can't tell you, man, how many group homes, how many homeless shelters, how many detention centers I spoke at for free just because I saw people hurting.
Speaker 4: So I still believe in karma. You know what I'm saying. I still believe you can't.
Speaker 3: Be God giving.
Speaker 4: Like I still believe if you do right by people, good things are gonna come your way.
Speaker 3: Challenges are still gonna come your way. I tell motivational speakers all the time, current and respiring motivational speakers, Okay, you want to be a speaker, I get it, but you're going through hard times. They were just like, why is this happening to me? It's to prepare you so that when you stand on stage, you have a depth and knowledge to speak from, so that when you send in front of people, you really got something to say. You're not just up there kind of just flowing. So sometimes life is gonna throw you some curve balls to show you how to hit that thing out the park. Then you're gonna have a different type of sound. You're gonna have a different type of stature, you know what I'm saying. You gonna have a different type of depth. And so yeah, that's what I tell people. So that that thing that came out way for Australia, Yeah it was sweet, you know I said. And so I'm looking forward to that and so many more and who knows, you know what that would do for the brand this is And that's not even in my lane in a sense, Like I could talk to finances, I can talk some wealth, I can talk investments, but I'm heavy in that youth space. So the underdogs like, I'm still an advocate for them. I want to go to the universities with the casts there and they feel like everybody is supposed to be here. Before you drop out, I got some for you. I'm still trying to be in the trenches in these schools and let them know you still got worth in value. But to see that an international financial Leadership conference, I want to pay this number? Had bro all the challenges I have fifty bass like that thing crazy? You know what, what's the deal with? Why is that important? Yeah? So for me, we just found the When I come in, when I do that five step process, I do that intro call to really get all the information. I show up a show while'll spend time afterwards taking pictures. How can I add more value? I follow up afterwards, I do that survey. Did I meet your expectations? Set your expectations? When I send them a gift, I said on my holiday car. By the time I hit them with them five touch points, they not going nowhere else and they're constantly coming back to me. I just got booked one gig thirty thousand dollars, I asked epany. I said, how did that come about? She was like, you spoke at this school back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: I said, you lying? She said, yeah.
Speaker 3: The student graduated from the school, went to college, and now he's been working for this company for like a year or two, and he told the general, the VP, and they want to bring you in. I'm like, what this dude was a senior in high school at twenty sixteen and now this thing came around full circle. It's crazy, but that's what happens when you really believe in yourself. I tell people all the time, how you going to others to believe in themselves if you don't believe in yourself. So you gotta be willing to go out here and go all in. And me and my white man we quit our job. Like when I quit my job, like I had a little girl. She said she was gonna commit suicide, but she heard my story.
Speaker 4: But that hit my heart.
Speaker 3: But I was like, she was crying, like asked them. She was like, you saved my life. You saved my life. You saved my life. I was thinking, like whoa. I went home and told my wife. I said, hey, boot, like, I'm about to quit my job. Like this new generation really need my story, all the pain I went through. It's really helping people. She's like, and at that time, Juel had just been born.
Speaker 4: My daughter's nine.
Speaker 3: Now, she had just been born. I was speaking, but I wasn't full time. She worked for the government health care benefits for them. Okay, you already noticed. She was like, nope, you quit your job, and quit my job too. She was like, nigga, you ain't finna be traveling around here and I got to sit here and raise our daughter by myself.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to figure this thing out together. I was like, Yo, did you pray about that?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's right now?
Speaker 4: That wasn't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That was because her salary could have covered the mortgage in the car. No, she was like bumped that. We all in you know what I'm saying. But well, great what they say, well, great risk comes gave reward.
Speaker 10: So how'd you get into the education space? Teaching not speaking for teaching?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so with the so with the students, so whenever.
Speaker 3: So, I would probably say, out of all the work I do just in the school space, I still get to do some faith based stuff, still get.
Speaker 4: To do some corporate stuff. But with everything within the school space, I'm probably sixty.
Speaker 3: Forty sixty percent students forty teachers all came from one principle.
Speaker 4: He heard me speak.
Speaker 3: He's like, Bruh, you got to work for our teachers too. Can you come and speak to our teachers? I said, absolutely, gave them some motivation, shared my story. I went to three schools for ninth grade. I kept feeling and get kicked out. So I told them how I went from three different schools for ninth grade three years later finally figuring out graduating on time, and how I connected with teaching and how they connected with me. I realized, like, yo, I got some for teachers, and they just began to kind of speak more and more. And the more I talk to teachers, like you said, y'all to do research, y'all had to really engulf yourself in this space. I started learning from other educators. Next thing I know, I wrote the next Level Teaching book, had a whole bunch of different teachers read it, give me some critiques, teaching them how to connect with me. And now I'm booming. August my biggest month because it's complications the beginning of the school year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what I'm thinking. Coming from that field.
Speaker 2: I know, like a lot of times beyond just doing assemblies, they have people who come into professional development, and so I'm thinking, like, is that something that is on your books too, Like you coming in, Yeah, you start the year off.
Speaker 3: This type of energy is like, now you're the guy.
Speaker 2: Not only in the school, but principals talk, superintendent's talk, and I was like, oh wait, we got this guy. You need to have them to have your opening day, and you need to match your opening day and your superintendent's day.
Speaker 4: So that was not even speeders anymore. It's like just staff and you're the guy that's about to kick the year off.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: And they in there with T shirts.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something I had, ah Man so much I want to give you all y. Let me say this.
Speaker 4: I had one school I went to. I killed it.
Speaker 3: They was like, we want to bring you back. They brought me back. Killed that for that school.
Speaker 4: Somebody from the district was like, we want you to speak for our whole district.
Speaker 3: Killed that. Now I'm in front of eighty five different principles, thousands of teachers. They like, yo, he got the juice. That opened up so many more opportunities. I spoken like twelve of the schools. One schools like Yojay, we want you to do a school takeover. You got next level teaching. I'm next level student shirts. Can you do some next level teaching shirts? This would be fore even dropped the teaching book.
Speaker 4: I said for sure.
Speaker 3: By then I had the book come out. They ordered the Next Level Teaching Book. They ordered our Next Level Students curriculum for every student. Then they ordered Next Level parent shirts and we did a whole school takeover. And I'm looking at this like this is crazy. And so people don't realize I've got people that's building six figures and you're not even speaking.
Speaker 4: It's just a product they created.
Speaker 3: I get one more bar about how they can make more money doing so. During the pandemic. My wife, she been a spirit too. She told me right when the pandemic hit, She's like, you're not gonna be traveling that much. You should do some virtual presentation. I like virtual presentation, talking about like she was like, no, you should prepackage it. So I looked at five things schools be struggling with the teachers. Because I'm big on professional development, diversity, equity inclusion. I've recorded the forty five minute training on that school culture, implicit bias, conquering COVID nineteen, and one more thing I can't think of right now. Right, So I did five different presentations. Right, we're all five of those present all about forty five to fifty minutes MAX. Put them on my website, had them nice and package has some little graphics created for it.
Speaker 4: For the low, and I say that each one of these is two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now I knew that would be a steal because they like, as opposed to paying eight, ten, fifteen and him flying here and speaking, I could pay two thousand and get this dollarge, I.
Speaker 4: Said, yep, And if you get all five, I give it all five. I'll give them to you a half off. That's only five grand.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the only way, man, no, no no, I said, if you get all five of them, it's only ten grand. So they're like, yo, as opposed to five thousand dollars for one you can give it to me half price ten thousand dollars and then we start booming. I told my team, I said, if you sell just four of those a month, that's just one package a year.
Speaker 4: I mean per week.
Speaker 3: That's like one hundred thousand dollars. I mean that's a million dollars. Is like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I'm realizing, like, man, if I just said I got this bundle.
Speaker 3: Package for ten thousand dollars and some people can send it for five thousand dollars, you set the sucking for five thousand dollars. You sell that just twice a year, it mean, excuse me, twice a week. That's twenty thousand dollars a month, you know what I'm saying. Times twelve, that's almost a quarter million dollars. You never need the house to re quartered one time. And the crazy part is that if you add assessments to it, which I'm not sure if you do every year, teachers have to do.
Speaker 2: A certain training social biases, and it's like that becomes a professional development. So now if we even got every teacher doing it, plus the assessments, now you track it, and now you just that's just a worldwide thing, you know what I mean, because everybody has to do the same thing. Well not even I shouldn't say worldwide, definitely the United States state we have to have a certain amount of hours of professional development.
Speaker 4: So that's a that's a hell of a I do that. I've recorded it one time.
Speaker 3: And even if you set the price that just five thousand dollars for all just a thousand for each one. But it's a bundle package and then you sell just one of those per week, I'm like, yo, that's how we make a killer. So let's talk about the next level. Academy. What is it? What is it until.
Speaker 7: And like what is the curriculum that you have built inside of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I think probably around twenty eighteen, I start having guys, you know, send me DMS, men and women.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, like, Yo, can you mentor me?
Speaker 3: Can you coach me? And you got a program?
Speaker 4: And for like two years I just didn't have none form.
Speaker 3: I love them, I'm jumping on planes, I'm doing my thing, and my wife's like, yo, we gotta build some and I just didn't have time.
Speaker 4: So when COVID hit, were like, man, we got more time.
Speaker 3: We got time. So I said, I brought my whole team in, We got a whole staff, and we said, okay, let's map out the business. Let's reverse engineer this from everything from Module one. It's like forty hours of video lessons and contents like Okay, how do I put together the perfect speech? How do I build out the keynote? How do I know what audience? How to co connect with them? How do I build out the brand? How do I get the gigs, the templates, the emails, like everything that we've learned that we've done, we put all within this course. Then we got like a private Facebook community where we have different you know, I'm saying events and things like that's going on, and our people are hosting the events together, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. And then we have calls where we have.
Speaker 3: Calls where you can actually come in on Sundays and it's like rep calls. So it's like you got fifteen minutes to do a TED talk and then myself or some other coaches will kind of give you some critiques, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So we have that, we have the.
Speaker 3: Sundays with me where I am answering your questions. Hey, Jeremy, I got a contract here and it's on zoom so they can see me. I can see them. I got a contract here. This is coming up with the school. What advice would you give me here? So it's really a three part It's like you got the community, then you got the calls on Sunday, and then you got the course itself that maps out everything you need from A to.
Speaker 4: Z to become a successful motivational speaker. Everything I learned over the years from the very beginning, I put.
Speaker 3: Into this course and people are winning, They getting.
Speaker 4: Crazy results and my goal.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I need one hundred people that can make more than me speaking, because now I got other businesses. I took the wealth we built for speaking and got with Alex shout out to good Energy. We got a bunch of trucks on the road. Was just getting the truck. Yeah, yeah, so now we got that. We got the podcast, clothing lines, you know, to say nonprofit. We started another ads agency with et and the Squad. It's just like a lot of different things going on because as his money is coming in, you there's only so much stuff you can buy. It's like, Okay, how do I multiply? How do I do? Okay, let me get some more crypto you know what I'm saying, Like, let me make some more investments, let me get into real estate.
Speaker 4: And so that's been that's.
Speaker 3: Been the way. So now I'm showing people how they can take their message and monetize it, how they can live a life of purpose but make some really good profit. You know what I'm saying, You can make a whole bunch of income and impact at the same time. How many students. We got seven hundred people in our community getting busy, and honestly, I can't think I was talking to Marcus earlier.
Speaker 4: I told Marcus too. I was like, hey, I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell the guys.
Speaker 4: You know, I know he killed it.
Speaker 3: When it comes to credit and all the other spaces, I can't think of no other profession where you can make this kind of money in a small amount of time and make that massive impact. But when I get off stage and folks of crime, people like bro your story touched me and connected with me. It changed my life. When I get the emails, when I read the dms, and I'm like, man, I make that type of impact.
Speaker 4: It's almost criminals that I get paid for, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But that's why I tell people like you got to have your heart cure. Don't get in it just for the money. You need to get in because you care about people. You got to really out of the craft, you know what I'm saying, and then you can be blessed with those resources. But yeah, that's what we have with the community. This is a three parts yeah.
Speaker 6: And it's one of these things like I always said, like you know, this is a new economy and there's so many different ways to make money. Now and the vast majority of them, it is still not really taught in school like college and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So it's like, you know, to be a public speaker.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they have public speaking classes and universities, but it's not like that. Like I'm a communications major, so I study communications, but it's generic information.
Speaker 7: It's not like modern information.
Speaker 6: Of like putting together a deck and how to get booked and you know, all the stuff that we're talking about. I know firsthand and not teaching that in the vast majority of colleges because like I said, I'm actually a communications major. I didn't learn any of that stuff. Realized it was switched over to social works. Yeah, I didn't learn any of that stuff. So it's like, for a fraction of the cost of going to college, you can actually learn about you know, trucking or vendor machines or how to be a public speaker.
Speaker 7: That's the that's the.
Speaker 6: Beautiful part of you know, the educational space is that you can actually fast track your learning, not from theory, from actually people that's actually doing it in real life.
Speaker 3: And that's that's my biggest thing. There are so many people, especially when you're going to you know, the college and universities. You got people who are teaching classes and they ain't never really went through nothing. They ain't even go through the recession or no pandemic, Like, they ain't go through those struggles. They ain't have to like figure things out in different you know what I'm saying, with different presidents, different things to happen in the country. Like, but you got people like a lot of the names you mentioned who have been there, done that, and have been able to grow and thrive and build out something really special that really do know what they talking about and really do care my problem. But they call me the community misster. Overdeliver that's the hashtat they use. You know what I'm saying, because I'm like, yo, as long as I keep over delivering and I keep adding maximum value, they're going to get the best results and we're gonna change.
Speaker 4: The world together.
Speaker 7: What's the most school story that one of your students has, Chris Chris Singleton.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't Miami sharing it, but he gonna do I hope you have on my AWM shit anyway, he's gonna do a half a million. He not even thirty year. I got a dozen other people easily doing six figures easy. You know what I'm saying, Our most focused in the school system, or probably seventy percent of them. I would say when I look at our whole community, seventy percent of the people in our community are in the school space. And then you got something that's like Nope, I'm in corporate or I'm in sports teams. Maybe they played pro ball and I retired. I got a bunch of retired NFL you know, football players in our community. I even had a few of them do an event, like my man Jeremiah Brown being Inky didn't event recently for a school. It was an NIL project. We had him speak. So we got different people in different places. Some are faith based, women empowerment, that type of thing. Thirty percent, but I'll probably say sixty five seventy percent are in their use.
Speaker 6: Now that the school system is booming. I can speak for first hand experience. I got paid like twelve thousand dollars years ago, Yeah, for like six hours of work. And then another time I got paid a couple thousand dollars, and that was They used to have a program called My Brother's Keeper, which is young President Obama. Yeah, President where did you come to.
Speaker 4: Speak at that.
Speaker 3: President We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: President Obama put a program called My Brother's Keeping in place, and it was millions of dollars that was put in like different school districts all across the country, like to target young men of color, African American men. And the problem is that a lot and the vendors, like, let's say the school had like two hundred thousand dollars. The first priority they had to spend it with like African American vendors, but a lot of them couldn't even find vendors. But because a a lot of people don't even know about it, and then so what happened is they started spending money with outside vendors and stuff like that because they had to spend the money. So like when I had approached the school and I was given a presentation of what I could do, this, that, and the third and I'm like like, so, how much you think that's going to cost?
Speaker 7: Twenty thousand? And it was like that's a lot, and that's a lot. Like that's a lot. They're like, yo, I never forget.
Speaker 6: So we kind of negotiated it down to twelve thousand, and it was for it came out to like six hours. No, it came out to like twelve hours, but it only got cut down to six hours that I had to actually work. So they like, that's a thousand dollars an hour, Like we don't even It was like, it's like, we don't even pay I forgot who They didn't say teachers. They yeah, it was like, we don't even pay like top teacher. I said, well, I'm not a teacher, all right, I'm just being honest, right, this is this is my fee. But they ended up paying it. So I know that the school system has money because I actually got paid from a school system before. And when I got paid from the school system, I realized, like damn, So I started doing the research. In New York City alone, I think they have like fifty million dollars every single year that goes to outside vendors, all kinds of stuff, stuff that they teach kids how to like cook, after school programs, And it's just like we never even think about this, but the school system. Because everybody is looking like school systems is strapped, right, there's a lot of it that's just mismanagement of money.
Speaker 7: But they have a lot of money.
Speaker 4: You got to know the language.
Speaker 3: That's one thing we put in our course is the language to use s cl PBI S title one, Like.
Speaker 4: There's a language you already know.
Speaker 3: I know, pb I S man we was given out.
Speaker 4: It's just that positive reinforcement. How are we going to do it? What's the strategies for it all? That's part of it.
Speaker 3: The screenshots I put together.
Speaker 4: A PBIS school is not org.
Speaker 3: If you go to PBIU School or that's our website, it's almost like what you call it, like not a clone website, but.
Speaker 4: It's like you don't really know who's behind it.
Speaker 3: I'm on there almost like the spokesperson. You just got to give every school.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Every school now every school has it. The school system has to be incorporate school. That's what you said is key to a lot of people don't even know that. You said there's a vendorless but like a lot of people don't know how to even get on that vendorless. So like one of the things you got to if you're in New York City specifically, is like if you know it's just a principle. If you know a principle, well just ask them and they can give you information, So they got to recommend you first. So like if you're the public speaker, that's the best way to get.
Speaker 4: On the list.
Speaker 2: And so now when they look through the categories of what they're looking for, who they want it's after school program or publice peeper. There you go, and they could actually how many times you've been booked? Oh, he's free, she's free. There we can grab you know, how impressed they're going to be. The first question they're going to ask you when you call to reach out, are you a vendor? When you say yes, they're used to people saying no, they're like, oh really, Oh well, oh well, okay, what was.
Speaker 3: Your name again?
Speaker 4: It's the first they didn't mister shop. They're like, okay, are you what's your name again?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. That makes a bigger connection for sure. Yeah all right.
Speaker 6: So yeah, like I said, I know firsthand the value of this because I actually benefited from it. And I also know the first hand value of actually investing in your education from my first hand experience.
Speaker 7: I invest in courses like stock courses and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Options.
Speaker 6: I got an option course a while back just to kind of accelerate my knowledge in the space, and I have to watch a thousand YouTube videos and kind of like dispect them. So I think what you're doing is great with the Next Level Academy. I know that, you know, people have achieved success, and it's like anything right, like you put you get out of it what you put into it. But it's always good to have support a community and in a sense mentorship from somebody that's actually done it, like been where you want to go. So, in true EYL fashion, anybody that comes on the platform, we always ask them, you know, if they would honor us by giving us a special discount for our earners. And you were happy to oblige to that, so thank you for that. So Jeremy has the Next Level Speaker's Academy. But we're going to do a special five hundred dollars off for anybody that is listening to this podcast or watching this podcast on YouTube, and that's the website is going to be Next Level eyl dot com. So Next Level eyl dot Com will put the in the description of this video off of the link in the Apple and Spotify, and you know you can go and you can get five hundred dollars off only going to be on that website that's gonna be in the schoolsive off of for anybody that's listening to watching the podcast, and if you want to invest in your education, take the steps.
Speaker 7: They're actually reaching level.
Speaker 6: Of financial freedom and even bigger than that, just getting your voice out there, because I think that's probably even more beneficial because you never know where I can go and who it could impact. If you want to learn, then you know you can go to that website. Once again, it's next level ey l dot com and that is five hundred dollars off special promo code only on that website.
Speaker 3: So thank you for that. Appreciate it, Appreciate you, Appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before we go, I got a question for you.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know, doctor King had the I have a dream speech, powerful speech and pawerful speech. If you had to think of one that people are going to and should remember you for and it could be the most impactful, I paid one.
Speaker 4: What speech would it be? What's speech come to mind? Yep, Columbus, Georgia.
Speaker 3: I went to the school, eight hundred students in the audience, and the principal wanted me to do something special, but only the males, and so I asked him. I said, by short hands, how many of you don't have your father in your life? And no, lie bro Out of eight hundred young black male students, five hundred hands went up, and that just my heart bro And I went there and I began to talk about, you know, the absence of my biological father and how they made me feel and the mistakes I made, you know what I'm saying. And then I began to talk about their worth and their value, and I just snapped. And afterwards, I literally sat on stage for probably an hour and a half, and one by one by one, students would come up where I was on stage. The curtain was right here, and I was kind of and after the first one broke in tears, and he was one of the he was like one of the wide receivers for the football team, you know what I'm saying. So he didn't want he was like man saying he was struggling, I'll pull him around the currgy. He broke down crime and then I wrapped him up. I poured into him, and then the next one came and I said it for an hour and a half and just just to embrace you know what I'm saying, Like, just to embrace them, just to hug them, just to hold them, just to let them know, like, yo, I see you.
Speaker 4: And half of them was in tears. Some of them was like that's real shit, you know what I'm saying. That was cool boy. The other half was like really in their heart because they ain't never heard that, you know what I'm saying. They ain't never heard another black man say, broh, I love you. Even though we're not tied like that, we still connected as great things inside you.
Speaker 3: So I've got a ton of stories, but that one right there was a moment at an event when I realized, like and I always knew it was bigger than me, but those are type of things that fueled me because as as powerful as that was, and there's one hundred and thirty two thousand schools in America, as dominant as I am in this space, I ain't even scratch the surface. That's why we built the Speakers Academy. I want to have a community of speakers that can go out here and get it, go out here and make impact, go out here and bless the people. Go out here and change lives like that's what it's all about doing for the culture.
Speaker 4: But it's different.
Speaker 3: That's why y'all show up to Egypt's why y'all show up in different countries, and you got flocks and flocks and hundreds and thousands of people that want to connect with you because of what y'all are provide to the culture. You know what I'm saying, What you're doing for our community. People know, man, what's possible, like y'all to open up their eyes, like you know what I'm saying. This is like something even different from the Hall of Renaissance. This is something different from Black Wall Street.
Speaker 4: This is digital.
Speaker 3: Now we can go to our phones. Y'all got hundreds and hundreds of videos, you know what I'm saying, Like so much content out here, and so what you all are doing in that space of financial literacy, I'm like, man, every person with a story, every person that got a passion, every person that has a message, I'm gonna do my part to help you go out here and share with the world. And that moment, five hundred hands raised. But I they messed me up, and that's when I knew, like, this ain't a career. It's in the occupation.
Speaker 4: This is a calling.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, brother, powerful, insightful. How can the people contact you? Website? Any last words? Social media?
Speaker 3: Hand to appreciate it, man O. Instagram is one Jeremy and it's pretty easy to find you. Type in at one Jeremy Anderson j E. R. E. N Y pops right up website Jeremy Anderson dot org. You want to see my stuff on YouTube, just type my name in. It's there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Troy housekeeping items.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Jeremy Anderson and shout to all the students in South Africa that you are helping to change their lives. We look forward as the only leader to continue in that effort with you. Wants to shout out to you and shout out to all our earners EYL University. Shout to all our Patreon numbers and shout out to the entire merch team and everybody, our trucking team, everybody that's involved with the EYL universe.
Speaker 4: We greatly appreciate you and love is love.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you guys for rocking with us. We see you next week. Peace.
Speaker 4: Peace.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced back dropp.
Speaker 11: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need