Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 1: Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Good Thursday morning, this morning. So I was thinking that if you want to tap into that little part of the brain that creates the feeling of happiness, Like guess what you want to do the first thing in the day, right, Like there's a part of the brain that like sends a signal that you're happy, And they say dark chocolate and green tea alert that part of the brain. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, but having that like in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, Sisney, do you want to be happy or not happiness?
Speaker 3: Green tea I can do, But I like a dark chocolate.
Speaker 4: Am well with coffee chocolate can be good, or you can do the dark chocolate at night.
Speaker 5: I made like a Snickers bar last night.
Speaker 2: Wait, what do you mean you made a Snickers bar.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like a different version of it. So you take a date basically and you pound the eight down and then you put peanut butter on it and then crushed up peanuts and then you put it like dark chocolate on top. So it's kind of like a Snickers bar without any you know, mm hmm, no, like like preservatives, Like it's on a candy bar.
Speaker 5: It's like with like all natural stuff delicious.
Speaker 2: How many did you make?
Speaker 5: I made too.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds like something you'd make a dozen of and bring two in you guys want to try. Yeah, yeah, that sounds unbelievably delicious.
Speaker 5: It is, and it's made from like whole foods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got you got that part you just took. Tony does this show twice every time. All natural. It's still it's still sugary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is still sweet, but it's nice. It's a nice littree.
Speaker 4: And I made it for my fantasy draft last night, a party of one party one.
Speaker 2: But she had two healthy snickers exactly. And if you missed the show, you can listen to the podcast or Tany just will tell us twice exactly trying secrets where ever get your podcast. So anyway, it's good to see you guys.
Speaker 3: Good to see you too.
Speaker 5: I like your matching set today.
Speaker 3: Well is it matching?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not matching. I'm wearing a patterned shirt and patterned pants, both of which are different patterns but are similar in shape.
Speaker 3: We're all cohesively matching like the lights.
Speaker 5: Oh oh okay, you.
Speaker 3: Really are not matching.
Speaker 2: Actually, they don't match, but they're just I was reading that you can wear competing pattern.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like a thing like different patterns work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different patterns work, like the stranger your shirt pattern is to your pant pattern. Cool, So I'm you do you? Yeah, I'm obviously the essence of that this morning exactly. You know, Oh, what are we gonna do? Well, We're gonna do Ryan's roses. So it's coming up at seven forty. I'm just looking ahead if you want to plan your morning. She thinks her husband may be cheating by something she saw on Google street View. I don't know. This might be a first for us a Google street view.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is intense because Google street View is like way in the past, right that live.
Speaker 2: I thought, like I've zoomed in on things before, and the same car is always.
Speaker 3: Sitting there, right, because it's like they come periodically every six months or something and take pictures of the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always wonder what I want to see that crew doing that? I that I've never seen. I've seen those cars with cameras all over them driving around the city. Are those the map cars?
Speaker 3: I've seen those? And I've also seen like the actual people like literally with the people view people not well you can just tell because I don't know, they look really professional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but maybe they're scoping a sight now. Anyway, So we'll get into that seven forty, you know, before seven o'clock, we might talk about things that where people who might at some point ten into the show aren't too into the show yet. I feel like this is one of those things.
Speaker 3: It's more like an open hour, Like this is.
Speaker 2: Like get it off your chest. Yeah, Sash, it's a fan, Sash, Right, so listen to everybody in on this. What happens, isn't he Well.
Speaker 3: Okay, so remember Hurricane Hillary that you turned into the tropical storm, right, and then school was canceled the next day, So that day was very kind of hectic for me in general, I think for other reasons. And I just forgot that that was the first day of dance class. So because school was canceled, I think in my brain I was just like, oh, well, then the whole day is canceled.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the way you think.
Speaker 3: But obviously dance class was not because it's not school. So my friend who also has girls in that same dance class with Asa, I realized that when I called her that day for something random, and I was like, oh my gosh, I just realized that I totally forgot dance classes. So we kind of laughed about it and moved on. So then the next day she texts me she was like, Hey, did you get the email for our you know, our kids class? And I was like, yeah, I got it. Why, Like what's up? And She's like, oh, no, I was just reminding you about the email. This is like now I'm like being coached, Like.
Speaker 2: She's parenting, you're parenting, She's is she judging?
Speaker 3: No, it's just not judging. No, I don't think so. But I'm like now, like I feel like I am the I am the most like together person. I feel like I'm always on top of my stuff, like this.
Speaker 2: One time there was an actual hurricane here in southern California to call you out and remind you, like I don't you don't need training wheels? You got this right?
Speaker 3: Like I got this, yes, but but maybe I don't got this. Maybe I do need the help. And that that goes to show like I need to maybe let loose a little bit with the like and almost like accept the help because maybe it is good that I have friends that are that carrying.
Speaker 5: Oh, I would love somebody to remind me of everything.
Speaker 2: My mother will do that for you.
Speaker 5: I would love it.
Speaker 2: My mom does that for me. Still now I'm like, she's like, well, she always wants my schedule, right, she always wants my schedules. She always try to find out what's my schedule for the month, and then the mom for the month. She wants the whole schedule for the month. And then if there's a day where I've got a lot to do a lot of different things, she's texting me, Hey, did you do this? Did you go? I'm my mom, I don't need you to get my schedule. And then life like mirror me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like your Chris Jenner, like your mamager.
Speaker 2: You know, she's not my mom at all. There's no momaging going on at all.
Speaker 3: Whatsoever she wants to be. There's like a thing with parents that they just want to still have.
Speaker 2: She's bored. I think she literally, Well.
Speaker 3: There's that, but there's also like my dad wants like we all have our locations on each other, but he takes it a step further. He likes to have an alert that alerts him every time I get home. And so when I allowed it, I was like, all right, fine, whatever, like I'll give it to you. I didn't realize that it buzzes my phone every time, so every time I.
Speaker 2: Come home, turning back.
Speaker 3: So now they're no turning back, and so now it goes like Dad was alerted that you got home.
Speaker 2: And she's like, now I get I'm done with those years in my life. Your morning hack. Let's get to this right now. You got two. Having a third, they say, will really improve your well being, and that is a place to go, a third place to go regularly. Let me explain it. So if your first place you go is your home, your second place you go is worker, school, a third place, a gym, a church, a coffee shop, a park, wherever you go frequently that no one's forcing you to go by choice. It's a sense of community, right. It gives you that that identity outside of home and work, because if we just go home and work, home, in school and don't have that other thing, it's not as good for a mental health.
Speaker 3: Part of the blue zones, it is part of the blue zones.
Speaker 2: Allows you to enjoy activities among people with similar interests.
Speaker 4: So true let me tell you something. My dog park is coming community in and of itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is. It is something that you know. I think it is that you know, talking about the blue zones where those people live to be one hundred, they all have sense of community. They all have something where they gather, whether it's a meal or whether it is the dog park, and that keeps them alive to one hundred plus a year.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, community is everything.
Speaker 2: So you have the two, what's your third? And if you don't have your third, think about identify your third place to go by choice and get to keep by choice. Today's quote sometimes our stop doing list is the quote of the Dack. Sometimes our stop doing list needs to be bigger than our to do list. I love that one. There's a great story that we saw here of someone in southern California posting recipes and restaurant reviews online during the pandemic and it's directly led to her opening her own restaurant on Los Siena, GA. It's called Deed. It's Vietnamese food. But it's a cool story. We'll tell you about that after seven o'clock. Sysney says the hottest ticket in town is a fire pit on Doc Wiler Beach. It kind of is and you have maybe the trick to getting yours yep before the crowd. First headlines is getting into him.
Speaker 3: Just FM headlines with well Courtney Kardashian, Barker and Travis Barker's baby boy is safe after a pregnant Kardashian had to undergore undergo urgent fetal surgery. Yesterday, Courtney shared that she had been hospitalized last week by posting a picture of her holding her husband's hands seemingly in the hospital bed on Instagram, writing I will forever be grateful to my incredible doctors for saving my baby's life. A group of animal rights activists is spearheading a push to rename a section of Sunset Boulevard after the late Prices Right host Bob Barker. Members of the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals say renaming the stretch to Bob Barker Boulevard would have been a great honor for the late host, who was also known for his animal rights activism and who worked closely with PETA and The beloved traditional Mexican Independence Day Parade will return to East LA this Sunday, and this year's theme is empowering Latina women in our community now and it's seventy seventh year. It is the longest running and largest Mexican heritage parade in the country.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: You know, a big city like this, if you come here and you're trying to do something that you love, it can be difficult before you can make it right, before you can get to do what it is that you do. I mean, on a lesser scale, we were never doing this before. We were doing this right, Like I was driving the Star ninety eight point seven van and talking to nobody from midnight till six am on Saturday nights. I mean, we all have those like stories of the beginning of this job which we love, which I still can't believe we have. But this is a story in the in the in the restaurant business, somebody that went to culinary school too, so toy Winn is her name, and she used to work I guess in the Spago kitchen and posted a lot of videos. I saw this in the La Times and she's opened her own restaurant now. She was doing reviews and posting stuff up between working in the back kitchen there in Spago. Now she's got more than a million followers and a cookbook and a book deal, and she just opened this cool spot which I really want to try, called Didi on Lo Sienaga in West Hollywood and it specializes in Vietnamese food. Toy Wynn is going to join us now, So a great story. Toy, thanks for coming on and congratulations on your success and you're opening of d D.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so nervous right now because I'm talking to you.
Speaker 2: Don't be nervous at all. This is going to be very, very easy. We're actually really big fans of what we know about you and wanted to meet you so badly because I'm such a big believer in people who are persistent when they know something that they just they're good at and they love to do. And you knew that you liked the culinary world, but it wasn't like you were You weren't opening your restaurant immediately, right, I mean, weren't you even staying in the raupse parking lot for a while.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I went to culinary school because something about food was just so exciting to me, and I wanted to learn more about it, and I didn't have the support for my parents, so I had to support myself and moving from Oxnard to LA. I couldn't afford to live in LA but I really wanted to do it, and so I just stayed in my car for a while while I finished out culinary school.
Speaker 2: And then what did you get the job at the Spago Kitchen?
Speaker 6: It was during my It was during my four years of culinary school, so I would say like probably in twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: So how did you go? Just the I know is a lot of work, but just the headline of how you went from not being able to afford LA from Oxnard into having your own Vietnamese restaurant now in Losienaga.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's such a surreal story because it was never like a story where I was like, oh, I'm going to do this one day, you know, like there's like steps to take to get there. But I think it was just making all the right decisions, meaning saying yes to things that were really exciting to me and what I wanted to do, and I just kind of kept at it and opportunities came to me. I feel like opportunities come to people that are really like true to themselves and like are not lying to themselves about what they want to do in life.
Speaker 2: D D's is the name of the restaurant d D And it's on Los Sienaga. Twy Wynn is on with us now Los Ane, between Santa Monica and Melrose. I have this dream of actually going to culinary school one day. I've taken classes, but I have this dream of doing it and carrying around my great knives. Do you have great knives?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 6: I love my knives.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have your knives. Show up with your knife pack.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, yeah, you're your knife set? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What knife set to you use?
Speaker 6: Well, it's just it's from all over the place, but right now I'm my favorite one is a it's made from like Japanese steel. It's a fancy knife. I'm like, this is the fanciest knife I've ever used. But like throughout my culinary course, I love to use this knife called the Kiwi knife. And it's like those cheap, like five dollars knives that you can get at the Asian grocery store and it stays so sharp for such a long time. And that's a knife that I recommend for everyone to get. It's called a kiwi knife.
Speaker 2: A knife changes how you make your snickers in the kitchen, Tanya, Yeah, you're very healthy deserves. Dedi is the name of the restaurant. Go check it out. Vietnamese foods Now.
Speaker 3: The menu looks incredible.
Speaker 2: We talk about like savory lunchtime, dinner time foods in the morning so often that I'm beginning to think I could eat that stuff for breakfast.
Speaker 6: Now, Oh, I just had leftovers for breakfast.
Speaker 2: What did you have?
Speaker 6: I had the d D fried rice and our steak.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Well, congratulations on that great story. It was nice to read about you. She had a feature at a times every talking about an eat or two. Uh chwy when Dede go check it out. Thanks for coming on, continued success.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye. It's almost like those stories of somebody who comes here to be a star, right, she came here to be a star, or no, she didn't really to be a star, but she ended up being a star by opening your own restaurants, like opening your movie. And I'm hungry, me too, and I don't eat a lot of shrimp. Shrimp sound good right now?
Speaker 3: This looks bomb.
Speaker 2: It looks great right, look it up on Instagram.
Speaker 5: It's uh, I'm surprised you don't like shrimp.
Speaker 2: I like it. I'm just told not to eat so much of.
Speaker 3: Its Yeah, yeah that rash. Michael has a flare up too with shrimp.
Speaker 2: Right, it's ay and I get so sucked into them sometimes.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: On Instagram it's tway debaey right, t w A y d A B eight and.
Speaker 3: The website's ddlets go dot com.
Speaker 2: That might be easier. What we're trying to do is wrap our heads around getting through a Thursday morning into the midday, into the evening to tomorrow. I don't want to make it look like I'm not enjoying the moment, but I really want to get to tomorrow. That's what I'm trying to right. You know, it's like today's a bridge to tomorrow. Totally living in the present, Tanya. You can smirk all you want about that, but I'd rather be tomorrow.
Speaker 4: People, you know what they say, you think about the future, that's what creates anxiety. When you think about the past, that's what eats I think it's depression. But when you live in the moment in the present, that's happiness.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do though, I'm gonna think about tomorrow. I want to think about the weekend already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like when I think fast forward, when I'm thinking about lunch, that's happiness. Yeah. Yes, when I'm on Thursday morning right here thinking about Friday, that's happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm already thinking about Friday.
Speaker 2: See, for me, the part of the it's the journey, it's the planning, it's the thinking, it's the forward thinking. Right, So I disagree, but.
Speaker 4: You always say you're the one that's like when I look at my schedule and I look at my calendar, I get so I get so overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: That's work stuff.
Speaker 2: This is like fun. This is like fun stuff. And by the way, so I think the quote is they just posted it for If you are depressed, you're living in the past. If you're anxious, you're living in the future. If you're at peace, you're living in the present. Peace. Yes, peace for tomorrow. Okay, what is the hottest ticket in town Sysney at the beach.
Speaker 3: It's these fire pits and so Labor Day weekend obviously a huge busy weekend for any any place along the coast, but Dockwiler State Beach, for example, you needed to line up in your car basically at dawn right there on PCH before five a m. If you wanted to get one of these fire.
Speaker 2: Pits for the daytime sun.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so it's kind of crazy that on busy weekends especially, so I'm giving you a heads up. I don't know that you'd have to do it that early if you wanted to go there, let's say this weekend, but yeah, to stake your claim, I'd say, get there a ride around five or six am and get in line on PCH to get one of these fire pits. And you want to know what's kind of crazy that I read some people although apparently it is not. It's I guess it's not legal or or it's frowned upon. They hire task rabbits to go in wait to get the line or to get the fire pit for them.
Speaker 2: Why is that not legal?
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's not like you're not If you're hiring somebody to go do it, that's like you're sending tubs down and wait for a fire.
Speaker 3: Or though like oh, they'll higher high schoolers to go and snag the pit or whatever. Right, I guess it's kind of genius, like the way you have to, yeah, to go get your pit. But then once you do, you either stay there all day or you people have used caution tape to like claim their pit for the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing. If you sacrifice and you wait and you score, you only give that beauty up. You want to maximize that pit all day. As long as you can't long the hours, We'll let.
Speaker 3: You do it, right, Yeah, so you leave your stuff around it and do all that. It's like, you know, get in the lounge chair at a pool, like at a hotel. Like people put all their stuff there all day and you claim your spot.
Speaker 5: I hate doing that.
Speaker 3: It's like such a pain, but you have to do it otherwise you don't have a.
Speaker 2: Land on a book on a chaise lounge.
Speaker 5: Yes, and then go to breakfast and then come back. I'm like, I gets so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: You get embarrassed because you don't want people to think you do it, but you do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone does it. Otherwise you have no chair for the day. But yeah, they say it's like opening the doors like Coachella when they finally do start letting the people starts running into the fire pits.
Speaker 2: It'd be fun to watch that on videotime, honestly. Yeah, all right, Doc Wyler, Beach, go enjoy it's kiss. It's time for Ryan's roses. Let's go. So jess wrote to us in Sun Valley. She says, this is weird, but I think my husband's ex girlfriend's car is outside our house on Google street View. So Jessica joining us now, Jessica, thanks for coming on. Help us understand. Maybe you investigated this. Google street View is not live, right, that's something that is shot and then is there.
Speaker 7: Right, it's not live. It's something that like they passed by one time and take the picture and then move on.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this. People places things, cars. So you think you saw your husband's ex girlfriend's car outside of your house, but it would have been in months past then, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, last November, so almost a year.
Speaker 2: So what do you know about any did you? Did you address this with your husband yet?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean the thing that's weird about is like the particular car that was out there. I mean I've asked him and he just said, like, no, it's it was nothing, but like I I cannot stand my husband's ex, like she has caused all kinds of problems when my.
Speaker 8: Husband and I were first together.
Speaker 7: And I mean like when he and I started dating, she wanted to get back together with him and would like start texting him and just like show up places randomly and finally she moved on, But maybe not because like she drives this super bright orange SuPAR u. I mean you'll see around orange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you showed him the evidence, and you show him the picture of the car and you're like, what is it doing in our driveway or near our house or whatever? What did he say?
Speaker 7: Well, so I didn't show him this particular picture yet I just discovered this when I was showing a friend of mine our new house from a coworker.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, so well, I mean this is good information. And I am surprised that all of these Ryan's roses. This is the first time I think we've dealt with this situation. Jessica is on the line. We're about to call her husband. She thinks she saw her husband's ex girlfriend's car outside their house on Google street View. The thing is that would have been last November, right, right, because they would have shot that and posted it up, and it's just the same shot if you keep looking at Google street View. So Jessica said that her husband's ex girlfriend's car is a bright orange Subaru. That's what she saw. He doesn't anything about this yet. We're gonna call him right now and find out if that's true. If that's the case, we're gonna find out whose top of mind, who he wants to send the roses to. Jessica, I need you to say, Ryan, you have my permission to call, and then your husband's name on Kiss FM.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Ryan, you have my permission to call on Kiss FM.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do that right now. Be very quiet. Let's see what we can find out in good luck. Okay, Jessica, thank you.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hi, is this Derek?
Speaker 9: Uh? Yes, it is Hi.
Speaker 3: My name is Hannah. I'm calling from Sunshine Valley Blooms. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 9: I'm okay.
Speaker 3: We're a local flower shop here in sun Valley right on Vineland near the Dollar Store, and we're offering local residents of promotion today. It's a free dozen red roses that you can send to anybody that you'd like. They're absolutely free. I don't need credit card info or cash or anything like that. We're just trying to promote my new business and hopefully if you are pleased with our arrangements, you can refer to friends and family. Is there anybody that you'd like to send these free roses to?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm sorry, you can't. Went a little fast there, so I get free a dozen roses to send you whoever I want?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a promotion that we do about once a month, and today you've been selected for a free dozen red roses. You can send them to anybody that you'd like. I just need the name of the person. You can start there with a note.
Speaker 9: Wait, is this Barta Dell's Flowers?
Speaker 3: No Sunshine Valley Blooms.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, sorry, I bought flowers from there last week, so I thought that's how I might have won or something.
Speaker 3: No, it's a different place. Hopefully you can be our customer soon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, just a weird coincidence, I guess. Okay, do you.
Speaker 3: Want to send some flowers to anybody today? We can start with the name.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can send them to Jessica.
Speaker 3: Okay, and what would you like to put on the card?
Speaker 9: I just I love you or whatever?
Speaker 3: I love you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Derek, Hell, Derek, Hello, your voice is being broadcast on the radio. My name is Ryan. I have your wife Jessica on the line, and I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 9: I feel like I should hang up now.
Speaker 3: No, don't hang up.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 2: If you do, then you will not know what we're calling about. Okay, So let me tell you what we're calling about. Your wife has reached out to us, and she wants to know why your ex girlfriend's car was outside of your house not too long ago. Is that ring a bell? Is that was it the case?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, but you kind of had to think about that. Is there any chance your ex girlfriend was over at your house in the last year?
Speaker 3: Has she been visiting you while your wife is not home?
Speaker 9: No, I'm sorry, I'm I'm a little confused.
Speaker 7: You sound a little confused. Who did you send the flowers to from Barbos last week?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you said you send them to your wife?
Speaker 3: Did you Did you get them Jessica?
Speaker 7: No, I didn't get any flowers.
Speaker 2: So Derek just level with us. What's going on. Who'd you send flowers to And why was your ex girlfriend's car outside your house?
Speaker 9: I just sent flowers to you. I don't understand, Well she didn't get them? Is about.
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: No, just right now, are you talking about last Derek?
Speaker 2: Wake up, bro, It's time to get out and answer some questions. Here, shake the.
Speaker 7: Cop Why why was Allison at our house last November?
Speaker 3: It's obvious she was, and multiple times.
Speaker 7: She wasn't she was. I have pictures to prove it.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, that's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, No, she came. She came by the house real quick. She stopped by one day. I had a book of hers, so she came by to pick it up.
Speaker 2: She came by one day in the entire year to pick up a book that you didn't mention to your wife. Why does she have a book of yours? And you have to give it to her so urgently?
Speaker 7: Like how stupid you think I have? This is so insulted you You really think you can just lie to me after five years? And and then I'm gonna have been dropping by her house?
Speaker 2: Derek, Are you cheating on Jessica with your ex?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't believe you know where we live?
Speaker 7: About that house just a year ago, and you told me you haven't talked to her since before we got married. Well, obviously that's not true, So you're lying.
Speaker 2: The lies are stacking up there. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Lie after lie?
Speaker 8: No, she was just there for maybe like ten minutes to pick up the book that time.
Speaker 3: What about the other time.
Speaker 2: None of this is making sense, Derek. Honestly, we're going in circles. We're not moving along here making any progress. Jessica, I will tell you it seems to us that your husband is lying multiple times. You didn't get flowers that he said he sent to you a week ago. She just happened to come by this ten minute window where Google street View captured it, and you know got that shot. I don't buy it, don't buy any of it. We're gonna let you both go. Good luck, Jessica.
Speaker 10: I thinks.
Speaker 2: I mean everything about that shady. Derek and Jessica, we're on our Ryan's Roses call a few minutes ago before we do anything else. Before the Disneyland tickets were the Jonas Brothers tickets, which are about twenty five out. Let's go back to that. So it's fascinating this whole Google street view scenario said that she saw on it Google street View, which was shot months ago, that she thought her husband's ex girlfriend's car was outside their house. It was an orange bright orange car. Well, we get him on the line and he's double cot. He says. He sent his wife flowers last week. Why did he need to send more when Hannah, Hannah from the flower shop was on the line.
Speaker 3: What do you have against Hannah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the way he said. Hannah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you did say it kind of like.
Speaker 2: You do a double take when she said that, what was.
Speaker 3: Wrong with my What was wrong with Hannah from Sunshine Values?
Speaker 2: You said, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Normally you're like this is Tiffany from and Channa. Floor is when you're like, this is Hannah. Hi, this is Hannah.
Speaker 2: Did you guys hear in the back?
Speaker 3: You know, I really want to start incorporating accents and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You want to be Hanna. That's what we think that you want.
Speaker 3: To start doing, like, you know, maybe a British accent here.
Speaker 2: There no one will no please, Well, I mean it just was anyway, you know, so.
Speaker 3: You won't have any control if I.
Speaker 2: Do, babe. We uh So, anyway, he said, he sent roses to her flowers here last week. She didn't get him, so he sent him to somebody else. Then he said, no, her car has never been to the house. Then he says, yes, her car was it the house to pick up a book that she left.
Speaker 3: She was lying, you can.
Speaker 4: Get books on Amazon like tomorrow, back pedaling, back pedaling, back then.
Speaker 2: It was lie upon upon line. But even him, just him, I didn't believe much of anything, he said. So, Kara, thanks for coming on in Marino Valley.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's Kara?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Cara?
Speaker 3: Kara?
Speaker 2: Kara? What is it? It's all right? Do you know, Hannah?
Speaker 3: Hannah?
Speaker 2: So, Kara, what did you hear in that Ryan's roses?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I I heard the whole drama between Girk Jessica, and I think that Derek is honestly the most unluckiest cheater ever, right, Like, I think it's a long shot that she was the cheating lady was coming to pick up a book, just as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't mean any right, yeah, the ex girlfriend. So he's like the unluckiest cheater in the history of cheaters because he just kept fumbling and fumbling.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, like, okay, he's obviously covering up every lie with another lie. But I'm like, it's the crazy thing. I mean, the thing that you can't dispute is the fact that he said he sent flowers to Jessica but she didn't get them so.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's the thing that tripped me up. I mean, forget what we did. He said to Siciny, playing the role of Hannah.
Speaker 3: Hannah that he sent.
Speaker 2: Her flowers a week ago. She's like, I didn't get flowers from that place, bardwell's a week ago.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I honestly, I wish we could do a phone calls with the ex girlfriend because I feel like there's a whole story there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's going to be the next show we do. I got to figureut how to get the other the next person on the line, right, like Ryan's Roses Plus or like the sequel, you know, like ESPN plus.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Ryan's Roses Plus.
Speaker 2: Kara, thanks for calling. Let's get to this trending report and then I've got your Jonas Brothers tickets. But Olivia Rodrigou's album is coming out tomorrow and her first track Vampire Big Hit, and I guess she is. You know, there have been rumors about it, so set it all up, tonya.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there were a lot of rumors that the song and the lyrics specifically was about Taylor Swift, and Olivia was doing an interview with the Guardian and she was asked specifically about this this lyric Bloodsucker dream Crusher, bleeding Me Dry like a Vampire that being about Taylor Swift. So the long story short, there was apparently drama between the two of them over writing credits on a couple of Olivia's songs that sounded a lot like Taylor's song, So that's kind of like the backstory there. So this was Olivia's response. She said, how do I answer this? I mean, I never want to say who any of my songs are about. I've never done that before in my career and probably won't. I think it's better to not pigeonhole a song to being about this one thing. And she said she was surprised when she heard all the rumors, but to me, this is the perfect answer because if there is, if there was a glimmer of a lyric or something that was about Taylor, she's not lying and she's not telling the truth. She's leaving this kind of mystery behind it. And I think it was just like the best way to answer the question because I feel like people have been these rumors have been swirling since the song came out, and so it finally feels good that she did address it and kind of put a pin in it.
Speaker 2: And said it in the right way. I'm just thinking, like when we're asked questions that we are trying to have the right answer to, Yeah, I never have the right answer to them, Like she actually said, I'm reading the quote here, I think it's better not to pigonal song to be being about one thing. It's like, maybe I don't know she thought it through beforehand or she just did on the fly, but that's like exactly what you want to say and what you want to have in print.
Speaker 5: Well, even like in driver's license. You know, that was like her breakout song.
Speaker 4: Everybody kind of knew what that was about, but she never actually said what it was about.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. And so I think that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: But there are artists we have met many of them and talked to a lot of them who say the same. They want you to either they intentionally try and take you down a path that they're taking you down, and it's not really about that path, which is a clever move, or they just want it to be up to interpretation, or they're using metaphors for things that have not happened to them but to other people. And I think that all that enigmatic you know, atmosphere is what artists like to create.
Speaker 3: Artists want you to experience a song and then have it. You know, makes sense for your life.
Speaker 2: Too, right, Well, when it comes to this stuff, tone of you're satisfied with this quote, so we should all be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was very satisfied as a fan.
Speaker 2: There you have it. I do believe we have a guest from the back room here. Let's put the show on hold and invite from the back room Mikayla into the studio. Michayla, welcome, Welcome, Oh your back room colleagues are listening now. Well, we were supposed to get a mark, was supposed to applaud us when we walked in.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: That lasted never one day. It didn't even happen that one day. To make him do it, to make him do it. So, MICHAELA, you're welcome. What brings you into the main studio from the back room?
Speaker 11: Ryan, So, I have been dog sitting, slash house sitting for someone I've been watching for a long time, and the dog got hurt and I had him take him to the vet and she's wrapped. She's good, she's fine. But I haven't told the owners yet and stop. They're on vacation and I don't want to ruin their vacations.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: This is like when you stay at someone's kind of like when you stay at someone's house and you damage something and you don't want to tell them that you've damaged it. Yeah, you know, like in their guest room.
Speaker 12: She jumped off the couch landed.
Speaker 2: The dog get hurt.
Speaker 12: So she jumped off the couch and just landed the wrong way.
Speaker 11: So she started limping and I let it go for a little and then I was like, no, I need to take her, like something happened.
Speaker 2: Is there any way that the dog can be fine by the time they get back?
Speaker 3: Oh? I like your thinking, maybe is that wrong if you took her to the vet?
Speaker 5: And what if they say next time she brings them in? Oh, how's or whatever?
Speaker 3: Did you take her to their vet?
Speaker 12: They did have an emergency one, but I just took it to the one that was opened.
Speaker 2: It's not their vet, Okay, This is tragic. Here you are trying to do a good thing like dog sitting and house sitting and the pet. What's the pet's name? Her name is Bella, and Bella has to get her.
Speaker 3: What kind of dog?
Speaker 11: So she's a mix. She kind of is like a what are they called cocker spaniel mix, so she looks like a teddy bear.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she's really cute.
Speaker 11: She's a little like chunky too, so I think that's what she jumped off the couch hurt herself.
Speaker 2: Well, here's I mean, honestly, Mikaela, if you're looking for guns, here's how I would handle it. Everything's fine, so you took care of it, So you're gonna tell them now after the fact that everything's handled. But unfortunately there was this accident. Don't worry. Everything's fine. I did handle it. You know all the things that you did, and do tell them because I would not want to find out, like Tanya said, if I went to the vet for something later and they're like, whatever happened to the injury? That would be the worst.
Speaker 11: I tell them when I get back or during the trip. That was my host until I get back, so they'll be it back this Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh don't you send them, but like, don't you send these pictures of their dog?
Speaker 2: Like never house sit or dog sit?
Speaker 3: When did the injury happen? Yesterday? Okay, okay, okay, so that's fresh. Yeah, yeah, I think you got.
Speaker 2: To tell them.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell them, and it is handled.
Speaker 2: Everything's okay, everything's fine, don't worry. But I just wanted you to know he's gonna be so uncomfortable. You have to hold that out for the days before they come back between now and then.
Speaker 11: That's say it was so it was just a little sprain. So she did just put like hurt it bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sadness on your face, like this is a real bummer. Yeah, because I just stressed.
Speaker 11: I'm afraid, like they're not going to ask me again, like they canna be mad I didn't tell them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably won't ask you again.
Speaker 2: That's that's fine. Fine, But I think you go ahead and go tell yeah, tell them later.
Speaker 3: Are they going to pay you?
Speaker 12: Well yeah, they don't need to now, but I mean I did pay for the.
Speaker 2: Bill, So I'm so sorry. All right, Yeah, we agreed tell them sooner than later. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Michaels posted I'm actually intrigued with this.
Speaker 2: Sad.
Speaker 12: Michaels was sad, it's fine, she's fine, and then I love her. She's fine.
Speaker 2: The stress of like doing things for people, try.
Speaker 3: To be nice. They should have told you that this dog can't jump.
Speaker 2: Off the couch. I think a little flass.
Speaker 5: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: On air with a Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: Last official day of summer is September twenty second. I believe it's at the iHeartRadio Music Festival. That is right, it's the week nd of our I Radio Music Festival.
Speaker 3: We want a way to go out.
Speaker 5: I thought Labor Day was the end of summer.
Speaker 2: No, it's like thefficial official. Then there's the official end of summer September twenty second, which is, you know, coming up in a few weeks. But if you didn't do summer completely, you want to do something else before the end. Ruby's looking at three things that are great to do this summer, starting with Katleena Island.
Speaker 13: Right, Yes, I feel like when you need a little island escape, but maybe Hawaii is a little too far or too expensive. This is the perfect place to check out because it's only about an hour ride from Long Beach and it's eighty four dollars round trip, so it's you know, fairly affordable and you can either do like a day trip or.
Speaker 12: Make a weekend out of it.
Speaker 13: But they also have a lot of little restaurants and bars in this cute downtown area. Of course, during the summer you can do a lot of their like water activity, snorkeling, submarine tours, miniature golfing even and they have the Catalina Zipline Eco tour as well. But I feel like it's just like a hidden gem that a lot of times we forget about, and it's so accessible.
Speaker 2: And you can see it right there. So miniature golf cycling or snorkeling or submarine tours, I mean, I don't know, submarine tours freak me out right now.
Speaker 3: They're not that deep. You're like still like popped up from the top, I think. And then renting a golf cart and doing the tour of the whole island is so much fun. Yeah, the dive bars are really cool. My brother and I like did karaoke there one night and just like had a blast.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's just again, it's just like a hidden gem. It's really really fun, really accessible. The second thing that I would say to check out is jazz at Lacma, which is really really fun. They do this every Friday night six to eight pm, and it's free, so you can go there on a date night, or you can go there with your or you know, your group of friends. And it's right in front of the iconic urban light light. Yeah yeah, yeah, So it's like it's just a really cute thing to do. Again, it's free, so also makes it that much more fun because you don't have to worry about spending money.
Speaker 2: Remember when our studio was in the E building and our commute was to drive by Lachma every single morning in the dark, and we'd see urban lights. That was like the highlight for me. You get the good drive. It's you know, it's an exhibit of illuminating.
Speaker 3: Never taking pictures there which one of the lights.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like one of the most social things.
Speaker 3: I get it. But it's like I live here, you know, we're you here.
Speaker 2: It's one of the top three things to do this summer from Drouby, what's the third? What's the third thing? Before Summer's third?
Speaker 13: I feel like you have to do during the summer just because of the weather watch a movie under the stars at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. I feel like it's just one of those.
Speaker 2: Things you're telling us about this, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, so I just did this this past weekend, uh to watch the Goonies on Sunday. But I feel like it's just one of those things again that you have to try at least once.
Speaker 12: Give it a shot.
Speaker 3: It's a good time.
Speaker 13: They have the Royal ten and Bombs this Saturday and Scarface on the sixteenth.
Speaker 2: And does the cemetery part of it, like, do you feel spirits?
Speaker 5: You may feel one or two around you.
Speaker 2: I don't might mean to watch a rom com while feeling spirits versus something scary. But yeah.
Speaker 13: They also have pre show a DJ themed photo booth, and sometimes they have special guests come out before the screening.
Speaker 3: So it's really fun.
Speaker 2: Royal ten and Moms this Saturday, and Scarface on the sixteenth. All right, Ruby, with three things to do before summer is over.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much, Ruby, Thank you On air on air with Ryan Seacret, that's it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having us on. Sisney is planning to take it till eleven o'clock here tomorrow. See we got through the first block of Thursday Tomorrow is a free gas of Friday and a hometown Hustler after eight o'clock, which I love, featuring those plus some morning hack Oh the morning heck. The one night you should never have a first date. Okay, if it's become a problem, then maybe it's the night not you tell you about that tomorrow. I have a great day, guys, Thanks for having us on, Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe it and we'll talk to you again tomorrow.